Genomes and Genes
Summary: Those manifestations of the immune response which are mediated by antigen-sensitized T-lymphocytes via lymphokines or direct cytotoxicity. This takes place in the absence of circulating antibody or where antibody plays a subordinate role.
Publications309 found, 100 shown here
- TLR4 mediates vaccine-induced protective cellular immunity to Bordetella pertussis: role of IL-17-producing T cellsSarah C Higgins
Immune Regulation Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Immunol 177:7980-9. 2006..Our findings also demonstrate that activation of innate immune cells through TLR4 helps to direct the induction of Th1 and Th-17 cells, which mediate protective cellular immunity to B. pertussis.
- Specific recruitment of regulatory T cells in ovarian carcinoma fosters immune privilege and predicts reduced survivalTyler J Curiel
Tulane University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Nat Med 10:942-9. 2004..This specific recruitment of T(reg) cells represents a mechanism by which tumors may foster immune privilege. Thus, blocking T(reg) cell migration or function may help to defeat human cancer...
- Autophagosome-independent essential function for the autophagy protein Atg5 in cellular immunity to intracellular pathogensZijiang Zhao
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell Host Microbe 4:458-69. 2008..gondii. This work shows that Atg5 expression in phagocytic cells is essential for cellular immunity to intracellular pathogens in vivo, and that an autophagy protein can participate in immunity and ..
- Roles of target cells and virus-specific cellular immunity in primary simian immunodeficiency virus infectionRoland R Regoes
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 78:4866-75. 2004..acute human immunodeficiency virus infection is controlled by target cell limitation or by virus-specific cellular immunity. To resolve this question, we developed a novel mathematical modeling scheme which allows us to incorporate ..
- The role of cytokines in the initiation, expansion, and control of cellular immunity to tuberculosisAndrea M Cooper
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
Immunol Rev 226:191-204. 2008..Finally, IL-27 limits protective immunity in the lung, but it is also required for long-term survival. These cytokines are therefore key players in the immune response to TB...
- Vaccines against intracellular infections requiring cellular immunityR A Seder
Clinical Immunology Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 406:793-8. 2000..We then discuss current approaches for vaccination against diseases in which cellular immune responses are important for protection...
- Immunology of tuberculosisJ L Flynn
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 19:93-129. 2001..The pace of this research must be maintained if we are to realize an effective vaccine in the next decades...
- HIV-1 vaccine-induced immunity in the test-of-concept Step Study: a case-cohort analysisM Juliana McElrath
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute and the HIV Vaccine Trials Network, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Lancet 372:1894-905. 2008..We assessed vaccine-induced immunity and its potential contributions to infection risk...
- The immune system in the elderly: II. Specific cellular immunityL Ginaldi
Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Italy
Immunol Res 20:109-15. 1999..The present review analyzes the main changes of the T cell compartment characterizing immunosenescence and discusses the possible mechanisms underlying these disregulations and their clinical implications...
- High prevalence of both humoral and cellular immunity to Zaire ebolavirus among rural populations in GabonPierre Becquart
Unité des Maladies Virales Emergentes, Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville, Franceville, Gabon
PLoS ONE 5:e9126. 2010..show that a large fraction of the human population living in forested areas of Gabon has both humoral and cellular immunity to ZEBOV...
- Differential expression of chemokine receptors and chemotactic responsiveness of type 1 T helper cells (Th1s) and Th2sR Bonecchi
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, I 20157 Milan, Italy
J Exp Med 187:129-34. 1998..It may also determine different susceptibility of Th1s and Th2s to human immunodeficiency virus strains using different fusion coreceptors...
- Sand fly salivary proteins induce strong cellular immunity in a natural reservoir of visceral leishmaniasis with adverse consequences for LeishmaniaNicolas Collin
Vector Molecular Biology Unit, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000441. 2009..This protection was associated with the development of cellular immunity in the form of a delayed-type hypersensitivity response and the presence of IFN-gamma at the site of sand ..
- IL-17-dependent cellular immunity to collagen type V predisposes to obliterative bronchiolitis in human lung transplantsWilliam J Burlingham
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3498-506. 2007..These data suggest that while alloimmunity initiates lung transplant rejection, de novo autoimmunity mediated by col(V)-specific Th17 cells and monocyte/macrophage accessory cells ultimately causes progressive airway obliteration...
- Innate and adaptive cellular immunity in flavivirus-naïve human recipients of a live-attenuated dengue serotype 3 vaccine produced in Vero cells (VDV3)Violette Sanchez
Sanofi Pasteur, Research and Development Department, Marcy l Etoile, France
Vaccine 24:4914-26. 2006..Lessons learned from these results will help us to pursue the development of safe and immunogenic vaccines...
- Immunological microenvironments in the human vagina and cervix: mediators of cellular immunity are concentrated in the cervical transformation zoneJeffrey Pudney
Fearing Research Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1253-63. 2005....
- Developing DNA vaccines that call to dendritic cellsMichele A Kutzler
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1241-4. 2004..Such cooperative strategies delivering vaccine in a single, simple platform result in improved cellular immunity in vivo, including enhanced tetramer responses and IFN-gamma secretion by antigen-specific cells.
- Effects of combined stress during intense training on cellular immunity, hormones and respiratory infectionsDanielle Gomez-Merino
Department of Physiology, IMASSA, Bretigny sur Orge, France
Neuroimmunomodulation 12:164-72. 2005....
- The characteristics of the cell-mediated immune response identify different profiles of occult hepatitis B virus infectionAlessandro Zerbini
Laboratory of Viral Immunopathology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma, Parma, Italy
Gastroenterology 134:1470-81. 2008..Because the role of the adaptive response in keeping HBV replication under control in occult infection still is undefined, this study was performed to characterize the features of the HBV-specific T-cell response in this condition...
- TLR2-, TLR4- and Myd88-independent acquired humoral and cellular immunity against Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumSabine A Seibert
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Department of Immunology, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Immunol Lett 127:126-34. 2010..Our results demonstrate that in the ST infection model, MyD88 as well as TLR2 and TLR4 were largely dispensable for the induction of protective acquired immunity...
- Protective immunity does not correlate with the hierarchy of virus-specific cytotoxic T cell responses to naturally processed peptidesA Gallimore
Institute of Experimental Immunology, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Exp Med 187:1647-57. 1998..This report, therefore, indicates that immunodominant epitopes should be defined, not only by the strength of the CTL response that they stimulate, but also by the ability of the CTLs to protect against infection...
- Combined TLR/CD40 stimulation mediates potent cellular immunity by regulating dendritic cell expression of CD70 in vivoPhillip J Sanchez
Integrated Department of Immunology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
J Immunol 178:1564-72. 2007..Thus, the transition from innate stimuli (TLRs) to adaptive immunity is controlled by the regulated expression of CD70...
- Vaccines: correlates of vaccine-induced immunityStanley A Plotkin
Sanofi Pasteur, Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:401-9. 2008..In situations where the true correlate of protection is unknown or difficult to measure, surrogate tests (usually antibody measurements) must suffice as predictors of protection by vaccines. Examples of each circumstance are given...
- Enhancing versus suppressive effects of stress hormones on skin immune functionF S Dhabhar
The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, Box 165, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1059-64. 1999..g., wounding or infection) for which stress perception by the brain may serve as an early warning signal...
- Regulation of humoral and cellular gut immunity by lamina propria dendritic cells expressing Toll-like receptor 5Satoshi Uematsu
Laboratory of Host Defense, Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Immunol 9:769-76. 2008..Our findings demonstrate unique properties of LPDCs and the importance of TLR5 for adaptive immunity in the intestine...
- Multiple defects in innate and adaptive immunologic function in NOD/LtSz-scid miceL D Shultz
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Immunol 154:180-91. 1995..B-17/Sz-scid/scid animals. The multiple defects in innate and adaptive immunity unique to the NOD/LtSz-scid/scid mouse provide an excellent in vivo environment for reconstitution with human hematopoietic cells...
- Major histocompatibility complex class I-restricted T cells are required for resistance to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infectionJ L Flynn
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:12013-7. 1992..These data indicate that functional CD8 T cells, and possibly T cells bearing gamma delta antigen receptor, are a necessary component of a protective immune response to M. tuberculosis in mice...
- Depletion of CD4+ T cells in major histocompatibility complex class II-deficient miceM J Grusby
Department of Cancer Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
Science 253:1417-20. 1991..These results provide genetic evidence that class II molecules are required for the maturation and function of mature CD4+ T cells...
- Role of humoral and cell-mediated immunity in protection from influenza disease after immunization of healthy elderlyDonna M Murasko
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine and Public Health, 2900 Queen Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Exp Gerontol 37:427-39. 2002..This suggests that cell-mediated responses play a significant role in protection in at least a subset of elderly from influenza disease after immunization...
- Augmentation of cellular immunity and reduction of influenza virus titer in aged mice fed Lactobacillus casei strain ShirotaTetsuji Hori
Yakult Central Institute for Microbiological Research, 1796 Yaho, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186 8650, Japan
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:105-8. 2002..6) and 10(2.2 +/- 0.5), respectively). These findings suggest that oral administration of L.casei strain Shirota activates not only systemic cellular immunity but also local cellular immunity and that it ameliorates IFV infection.
- Rubella vaccine-induced cellular immunity: evidence of associations with polymorphisms in the Toll-like, vitamin A and D receptors, and innate immune response genesInna G Ovsyannikova
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Guggenheim 611C, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Genet 127:207-21. 2010..This is the first paper to present evidence that polymorphisms in the TLR, vitamin A, vitamin D receptor, and innate immunity genes can influence adaptive cytokine responses to rubella vaccination...
- Comparative ability of IL-12 and IL-28B to regulate Treg populations and enhance adaptive cellular immunityMatthew P Morrow
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 113:5868-77. 2009..Lastly, we report that IL-28B can induce 100% protection from mortality after a lethal influenza challenge. These data suggest that IL-28B is a strong candidate for further studies of vaccine or immunotherapy protocols...
- Specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses against Melan-A/MART1, tyrosinase and gp100 in vitiligo by the use of major histocompatibility complex/peptide tetramers: the role of cellular immunity in the etiopathogenesis of vitiligoB Palermo
Experimental Immunology, IRCCS Maugeri Foundation, Pavia, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 117:326-32. 2001..These findings strongly suggest a role for cellular immunity in the pathogenesis of vitiligo and impact on the common mechanisms of self tolerance.
- Neuronal plasticity and cellular immunity: shared molecular mechanismsL M Boulanger
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 220 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 11:568-78. 2001..Recent studies reveal striking parallels between cellular signaling mechanisms in the immune and nervous systems that may provide unexpected insights into the development, function, and diseases of both systems...
- Bacterial immunity traded for sperm viability in male cricketsLeigh W Simmons
Evolutionary Biology Research Group, School of Animal Biology M092, University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
Science 309:2031. 2005..These data have implications for our understanding of sexual selection mechanisms and of reproductive costs in male longevity...
- Interleukin-1 is responsible for acute lung immunopathology but increases survival of respiratory influenza virus infectionNicole Schmitz
Molecular Biomedicine, ETH Zurich, Wagistrasse 27, 8952 Zurich, Switzerland
J Virol 79:6441-8. 2005..IL-1alpha/beta appear not to influence killing of virus-infected cells but to enhance IgM antibody responses and recruitment of CD4(+) T cells to the site of infection...
- Adjuvanting a DNA vaccine with a TLR9 ligand plus Flt3 ligand results in enhanced cellular immunity against the simian immunodeficiency virusMarcin Kwissa
Vaccine Research Center and Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Exp Med 204:2733-46. 2007..Viral loads were inversely correlated with the magnitude and quality of the immune response. Thus, the immunogenicity of DNA vaccines can be augmented with TLR9-L plus FL...
- Distinct roles for FOXP3 and FOXP3 CD4 T cells in regulating cellular immunity to uncomplicated and severe Plasmodium falciparum malariaMichael Walther
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Fajara, Banjul, The Gambia
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000364. 2009..These cells are more prevalent in children with uncomplicated malaria than in those with severe disease, suggesting that they may be the regulators of acute malarial inflammation...
- Natural history of a recurrent feline coronavirus infection and the role of cellular immunity in survival and diseaseJolanda D F de Groot-Mijnes
Virology Division, Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 1, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Virol 79:1036-44. 2005..Experimental FIP presents a relevant, safe, and well-defined model to study coronavirus-mediated immunosuppression and should provide an attractive and convenient system for in vivo testing of anticoronaviral drugs...
- Hemodialysis vintage, black ethnicity, and pretransplantation antidonor cellular immunity in kidney transplant recipientsJoshua J Augustine
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, 1817 Mather, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:1602-6. 2007..Longer HD vintage may also explain the increased T cell alloreactivity that previously was observed in black kidney recipients...
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells: linking innate and adaptive immunityKelli McKenna
Department of Pathology, NYU Cancer Institute, The New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Virol 79:17-27. 2005
- Humoral immunity, inflammation and cancerTing Ting Tan
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco 2340 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 19:209-16. 2007..studies examining individuals with chronic inflammatory disorders have revealed that states of suppressed cellular immunity, in combination with enhanced humoral immunity and humoral immunity-associated cytokines, cooperate and ..
- Dehydroepiandrosterone: a modulator of cellular immunity and heat shock protein 70 production during polymicrobial sepsisReiner Oberbeck
Department of Trauma Surgery, University Hospital of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45147 Essen, Germany
Intensive Care Med 33:2207-13. 2007..We investigated the effect of DHEA administration on survival, cellular immune functions, and HSP-70 production in septic mice...
- Unveiling the roles of autophagy in innate and adaptive immunityBeth Levine
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 7:767-77. 2007..This Review describes the mechanisms of autophagy and highlights recent advances relevant to the role of autophagy in innate and adaptive immunity...
- Neonatal adaptive immunity comes of ageBecky Adkins
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami Medical School, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 4:553-64. 2004
- Better influenza vaccines for older people: what will it take?Janet E McElhaney
J Infect Dis 198:632-4. 2008
- Viral immune evasion: a masterpiece of evolutionMireille T M Vossen
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Immunogenetics 54:527-42. 2002..This review aims at summarizing the current knowledge of viral evasion mechanisms...
- Constraints on HIV-1 evolution and immunodominance revealed in monozygotic adult twins infected with the same virusRika Draenert
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Exp Med 203:529-39. 2006..These results reveal considerable concordance of adaptive cellular and humoral immune responses and HIV evolution in the same genetic environment, suggesting constraints on mutational pathways to HIV immune escape...
- Tracking virus-specific CD4+ T cells during and after acute hepatitis C virus infectionMichaela Lucas
Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom Centre for Clinical Immunology and Biomedical Statistics, Royal Perth Hospital and Murdoch University, Perth, Australia
PLoS ONE 2:e649. 2007..In contrast, in evolving chronic hepatitis C CD4+ T cell helper responses appear to be absent or short-lived, using functional assays...
- CCL21 induces extensive intratumoral immune cell infiltration and specific anti-tumor cellular immunityHeth R Turnquist
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Int J Oncol 30:631-9. 2007....
- Long-term protection from SARS coronavirus infection conferred by a single immunization with an attenuated VSV-based vaccineSagar U Kapadia
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Virology 340:174-82. 2005..A VSV-vectored SARS vaccine could have significant advantages over other SARS vaccine candidates described to date...
- Intranasal immunization with an apolipoprotein B-100 fusion protein induces antigen-specific regulatory T cells and reduces atherosclerosisRoland Klingenberg
Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:946-52. 2010..The objective of this study was to develop an atheroprotective vaccine by targeting a peptide of the LDL protein constituent apolipoprotein B-100 (apoB-100) to the nasal mucosa to induce a protective mucosal immune response...
- The messenger and the message: gp96 (GRP94)-peptide interactions in cellular immunityChristopher V Nicchitta
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3709, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 9:325-31. 2004..Recent insights into the pathways for peptide generation now allow this hypothesis to be critically examined, which is the subject of this review...
- Proinflammatory tachykinins that signal through the neurokinin 1 receptor promote survival of dendritic cells and potent cellular immunityBrian M Janelsins
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Blood 113:3017-26. 2009..with Ag exhibit increased longevity in draining lymph nodes, resulting in enhanced and prolonged effector cellular immunity. Our results contribute to the understanding of the interactions between the immune and nervous systems that ..
- Boosting of cellular immunity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis and modulation of skin cytokine responses in healthy human volunteers by Mycobacterium bovis BCG substrain Moreau Rio de Janeiro oral vaccineCatherine A Cosgrove
CMM Infectious Diseases, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 74:2449-52. 2006..Oral BCG offers the possibility of a needle-free tuberculosis vaccine and of boosting the protective immunity from intradermal tuberculosis vaccines...
- Immunomodulating effect of vitamin D3 derivatives on type-1 cellular immunityIkuo Imazeki
Division of Immunoregulation, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapparo, Japan
Biomed Res 27:1-9. 2006..Thus, VitD3 derivatives are demonstrated to inhibit the functional differentiation of DC1, Tc1 and Th1 cells, which play a critical role in type-1 cellular immune responses...
- The net immunologic advantage of laparoscopic surgeryY W Novitsky
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Surg Endosc 18:1411-9. 2004..Comparative studies of cellular immunity after laparoscopic and conventional surgery demonstrate immunologic advantage conferred by laparoscopy...
- Novel Adenovirus type 5 vaccine platform induces cellular immunity against HIV-1 Gag, Pol, Nef despite the presence of Ad5 immunityElizabeth S Gabitzsch
Etubics Corporation, Seattle, WA 98104, United States
Vaccine 27:6394-8. 2009..We are evaluating this recombinant triad viral vector as an HIV-1 vaccine in a non-human primate model and the data indicate that the vaccine is worthy of clinical evaluation...
- Overview of the cellular immunity against JC virus in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathyIgor J Koralnik
Department of Neurology and Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Neurovirol 8:59-65. 2002..02). This cellular immune response may therefore be crucial in the prevention of PML disease progression and the tetramer staining assay may be used as a prognostic marker in the clinical management of these patients...
- Mucosal immunization of cynomolgus macaques with the VSVDeltaG/ZEBOVGP vaccine stimulates strong ebola GP-specific immune responsesXiangguo Qiu
Special Pathogens Program, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e5547. 2009..Zaire ebolavirus (ZEBOV) produces a lethal viral hemorrhagic fever in humans and non-human primates...
- Regulation of cellular immunity prevents Helicobacter pylori-induced atherosclerosisK Ayada
Department of Bacteriology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Lupus 18:1154-68. 2009..pylori accelerates atherosclerosis in mice and the active immunisation with Hp-HSP60 or the eradication of H. pylori with antibiotics can moderate/prevent cellular immunity, resulting in a reduction of atherosclerosis.
- Humoral, mucosal, and cellular immune responses to oral Norwalk virus-like particles in volunteersCarol O Tacket
Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Clin Immunol 108:241-7. 2003..Lymphoproliferative responses and IFN-gamma production were observed transiently among those who received 250 microg or 500 microg but not 2000 microg of VLP. Studies to increase immunogenicity using a mucosal adjuvant are planned...
- Relish, a central factor in the control of humoral but not cellular immunity in DrosophilaM Hedengren
Umeå Center for Molecular Pathogenesis, Umea University, Sweden
Mol Cell 4:827-37. 1999..Our results illustrate the importance of the humoral response in Drosophila immunity and demonstrate that Relish plays a key role in this response...
- Type I interferons and IL-12: convergence and cross-regulation among mediators of cellular immunityA A Byrnes
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
Eur J Immunol 31:2026-34. 2001..The ability of IFN-alpha/beta to suppress IL-12 production while up-regulating IFN-gamma production suggests a possible mechanistic basis for the difficulties of employing these cytokines in diseases involving abnormalities of CMI...
- Deficient CD4+ T cell priming and regression of CD8+ T cell functionality in virus-infected mice lacking a normal B cell compartmentJan Pravsgaard Christensen
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Immunol 171:4733-41. 2003..The T cell defects are likely to contribute to the chronic course of viral infection in B(-/-) mice...
- Alcohol, injury, and cellular immunityKelly A Nordyke Messingham
Department of Cell Biology, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Alcohol 28:137-49. 2002..Independently, alcohol exposure and injury have been shown to influence cellular immunity negatively...
- The effect of Gd@C82(OH)22 nanoparticles on the release of Th1/Th2 cytokines and induction of TNF-alpha mediated cellular immunityYing Liu
CAS Key Laboratory for Biomedical Effects of Nanomaterials and Nanosafety, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology of China, Beijing 100190, China
Biomaterials 30:3934-45. 2009..The underlying mechanism for high anticancer activity may be attributed to the fact that this water-soluble nanomaterial effectively triggers the host immune system to scavenge tumor cells...
- Tumor-specific killer cells in paraneoplastic cerebellar degenerationM L Albert
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021 6399, USA
Nat Med 4:1321-4. 1998..In PCD, peripheral activation of cdr2-specific CTLs is likely to contribute to the subsequent development of the autoimmune neuronal degeneration...
- In vivo targeting of dendritic cells for activation of cellular immunity using vaccine carriers based on pH-responsive microparticlesYoung Jik Kwon
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18264-8. 2005..In particular, activating sufficient cytotoxic T lymphocyte-mediated cellular immunity, which is crucial for the treatment of many diseases including cancer and AIDS, has proven to be especially ..
- Cellular immunity in breast cancer patients completing taxane treatmentWilliam E Carson
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:3401-9. 2004..Immune responses in breast cancer patients were analyzed as a function of whether patients received taxane as part of their adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Targeting of antigen to dendritic cells with poly(gamma-glutamic acid) nanoparticles induces antigen-specific humoral and cellular immunityTomofumi Uto
Division of Antiviral Chemotherapy, Center for Chronic Viral Diseases, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Immunol 178:2979-86. 2007..These results suggest that Ag-carrying gamma-PGA NPs are capable of inducing strong cellular and humoral immune responses and might be potentially useful as effective vaccine adjuvants for the therapy of infectious diseases...
- The discovery of cellular immunity in the atherosclerotic plaqueGoran K Hansson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1714-7. 2009..This notion was met with general skepticism but has gained support from experimental and clinical studies. Here we describe some of the early studies that helped developing this concept...
- Tuberculosis immunology in children: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges and opportunitiesD A Lewinsohn
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland 97239, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 8:658-74. 2004..tuberculosis-specific T-cell immunity in children, and potential application to immunodiagnostics and vaccine development will be reviewed...
- Cellular immunity induced by a novel HPV18 DNA vaccine encoding an E6/E7 fusion consensus protein in mice and rhesus macaquesJian Yan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Vaccine 26:5210-5. 2008..we utilize a novel multi-phase strategy for HPV18 antigen development with the goal of increasing anti-HPV18 cellular immunity. Our data show that this construct can induce strong cellular immune responses against HPV18 E6 and E7 ..
- Cell-mediated protection in influenza infectionPaul G Thomas
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:48-54. 2006..We discuss the advantages of developing a vaccine based on cell-mediated immune responses toward highly pathogenic influenza virus and potential problems arising from immune pressure...
- Treatment with anti-FasL antibody preserves memory lymphocytes and virus-specific cellular immunity in macaques challenged with simian immunodeficiency virusBhawna Poonia
Division of Basic Science and Vaccine Research, Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Blood 114:1196-204. 2009..Anti-FasL treatment during the initial stages of acute SIV infection preserved the T-cell compartment and sustained cell-mediated immunity to SIV...
- Recombinant viruses as tools to induce protective cellular immunity against infectious diseasesCarolina Damas Rocha
Laboratory of Immunopathology, René Rachou Research Center, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation FIOCRUZ, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Int Microbiol 7:83-94. 2004..when purified subunit vaccines are administered using traditional immunization protocols, the levels of cellular immunity induced are mostly low and not capable of eliciting complete protection against diseases caused by ..
- Peptide selection for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 CTL-based vaccine evaluationFusheng Li
Statistical Center for HIV Aids Research and Prevention, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Vaccine 24:6893-904. 2006..The usability of PTE peptide set was manifested by detection of Nef-specific CTL responses in HIV-1 subtype B infections...
- Suppression of cellular immunity in men with a past history of posttraumatic stress disorderN Kawamura
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Japan
Am J Psychiatry 158:484-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: PTSD leaves a long-lasting immunosuppression and has long-term implications for health...
- Psychological interventions and the immune system: a meta-analytic review and critiqueG E Miller
Department of Psychology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Health Psychol 20:47-63. 2001..This literature has important conceptual and methodological issues that need to be resolved before any definitive conclusions can be reached...
- Cross-clade protective immune responses to influenza viruses with H5N1 HA and NA elicited by an influenza virus-like particleRick A Bright
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1501. 2008....
- Induction of MUC1-specific cellular immunity by a recombinant BCG expressing human MUC1 and secreting IL2Jianbo He
Revlon UCLA Breast Center, Department of Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine, 90095, USA
Int J Oncol 20:1305-11. 2002..These results suggest that BCG-MUC1-IL2 preferentially induces MUC1-specific cellular immune responses and it may serve as a vaccine for breast cancer prevention and treatment...
- High resolution analysis of cellular immune responses in resolved and persistent hepatitis C virus infectionGeorg M Lauer
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 127:924-36. 2004..Previous studies have largely focused on limited HLA alleles and predefined CD8+ T-cell epitopes, and, thus, comprehensive studies remain to be performed...
- Coadministration of HIV vaccine vectors with vaccinia viruses expressing IL-15 but not IL-2 induces long-lasting cellular immunitySangKon Oh
Molecular Immunogenetics and Vaccine Research Section, Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3392-7. 2003....
- Stimulation of HIV-specific cellular immunity by structured treatment interruption fails to enhance viral control in chronic HIV infectionAnnette Oxenius
Nuffield Department of Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital and Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, Oxford OX1 3SY, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13747-52. 2002..Overall, these data indicate that STI-induced quantitative boosting of HIV-specific cellular immunity was not associated with substantial change in viral replication and that STI was largely restoring ..
- Induction of Th17 cellular immunity with a novel nanoemulsion adjuvantAnna U Bielinska
University of Michigan Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences and Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5648, USA
Crit Rev Immunol 30:189-99. 2010..We have developed a novel mucosal nanoemulsion (NE) adjuvant that produces a robust humoral and T1 cellular immunity. Herein, we demonstrate that immunization with NE adjuvant induces a T17 response to diverse antigens in ..
- Tracking T cells with tetramers: new tales from new toolsPaul Klenerman
Nuffield Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, UK
Nat Rev Immunol 2:263-72. 2002..Although there are common patterns, over time, each host-pathogen relationship seems to develop unique characteristics, as reflected in the quality of the T-cell response...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a new tuberculosis vaccine, MVA85A, in healthy adults in South AfricaTony Hawkridge
South African Tuberculosis Vaccine Initiative, Institute of Infectious Diseases and Molecular Medicine, and School of Child and Adolescent Health, University of Cape Town, Observatory, South Africa
J Infect Dis 198:544-52. 2008..We investigated the safety and immunogenicity of MVA85A in mycobacteria-exposed--but Mycobacterium tuberculosis-uninfected--healthy adults from a region of South Africa where TB is endemic...
- Strong EBV-specific CD8+ T-cell response in patients with early multiple sclerosisSamantha Jilek
Division of Immunology and Allergy, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Brain 131:1712-21. 2008..Our data show high levels of CD8+ T-cell activation against EBV--but not CMV--early in the course of MS, which support the hypothesis that EBV might be associated with the onset of this disease...
- Long lived protection against pneumonic tularemia is correlated with cellular immunity in peripheral, not pulmonary, organsRebecca V Anderson
Laboratory of Intracellular Parasites, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, NIAID, NIH, 903 S, 4th Street, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA
Vaccine 28:6562-72. 2010..tularensis infection. Instead, survival of SchuS4 infection at extended time points after immunization was only associated with production of IFN-γ and activation of T cells in peripheral organs...
- Preconceptual administration of an alphavirus replicon UL83 (pp65 homolog) vaccine induces humoral and cellular immunity and improves pregnancy outcome in the guinea pig model of congenital cytomegalovirus infectionMark R Schleiss
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Translational Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, 55455, USA
J Infect Dis 195:789-98. 2007..These results indicate that cell-mediated immune responses directed against a CMV matrix protein can protect against congenital CMV infection and disease...
- HLA class I-driven evolution of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype c proteome: immune escape and viral loadChristine M Rousseau
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 358070, Seattle, WA 98195 8070, USA
J Virol 82:6434-46. 2008....
- Vaccination with replication-deficient recombinant adenoviruses encoding the main surface antigens of toxoplasma gondii induces immune response and protection against infection in miceBráulia C Caetano
Laboratorio de Imunoparasitologia, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, 31270 901, Brazil
Hum Gene Ther 17:415-26. 2006..gondii antigens, other parasite antigens should be tested alone or in combination with those described here to further develop a protective vaccine against toxoplasmosis...
- Delivery of human immunodeficiency virus vaccine vectors to the intestine induces enhanced mucosal cellular immunityLingshu Wang
Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3005, USA
J Virol 83:7166-75. 2009..These studies suggest that induction of primary immune responses by rAd5 gut immunization and subsequent systemic boosting elicits potent antigen-specific gut mucosal responses...
- Pediatric autoimmune liver diseases: the molecular basis of humoral and cellular immunityL Wen
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Curr Mol Med 1:379-89. 2001..The presence of cross-reactivity between homologous sequences, especially between HCV and cytochromes, supports the possibility that molecular mimicry plays a role in the induction of autoantibodies and autoreactive cytotoxic T cells...
- Protective cross-reactive cellular immunity to lethal A/Goose/Guangdong/1/96-like H5N1 influenza virus is correlated with the proportion of pulmonary CD8(+) T cells expressing gamma interferonSang Heui Seo
Division of Virology, Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
J Virol 76:4886-90. 2002..Our findings indicate that pulmonary cellular immunity may be very important in protecting naïve natural hosts against lethal influenza viruses.
- AHR-mediated immunomodulation: the role of altered gene transcriptionNancy I Kerkvliet
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 77:746-60. 2009..Based on studies using AHR(-/-) mice, evidence for a role of endogenous AHR ligands in regulation of the immune response is growing, with bilirubin and lipoxinA4 representing two promising candidates...
- Divergent roles of IL-23 and IL-12 in host defense against Klebsiella pneumoniaeKyle I Happel
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Exp Med 202:761-9. 2005..pneumoniae, the former of which is required for IFN-gamma expression and the latter of which is required for IL-17 production...
- Cellular immunity and active human cytomegalovirus infection in patients with septic shockLutz von Muller
Institute of Virology, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Infect Dis 196:1288-95. 2007....
- Cellular immunity as a potential cause of local reactions to booster vaccination with diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and acellular pertussis antigensDavid W Scheifele
Vaccine Evaluation Center, BC Children s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:985-9. 2009..Cell-mediated immunity (CMI) develops after primary DTaP vaccination and might contribute to local reactions to booster doses, a possibility explored in this study...
- Recombinant modified vaccinia virus Ankara expressing antigen 85A boosts BCG-primed and naturally acquired antimycobacterial immunity in humansHelen McShane
Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Nat Med 10:1240-4. 2004..Boosting vaccinations with MVA85A could offer a practical and efficient strategy for enhancing and prolonging antimycobacterial immunity in tuberculosis-endemic areas...
- Effect of citronellol and the Chinese medical herb complex on cellular immunity of cancer patients receiving chemotherapy/radiotherapyShu Ru Zhuang
Graduate Institute of Nutritional Science, College of Health Care and Management, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Phytother Res 23:785-90. 2009....
- Cellular Immunity to Category A-C Viruses in HumansROBERT WILLIAM FINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..expansion and detection of virus-specific T cells to facilitate broad application of assays of cellular immunity. Core facilities will provide program administration/educational outreach, pilot projects funding, and ..
- Screening Complete TB Proteome for Protective AntigensAlan Greener; Fiscal Year: 2010..throughput, proteome-based identification of antigens that have a high probability of inducing protective cellular immunity when formulated and administered as a vaccine...
- Immunomodulatory Mechanisms of Withafarin A in Her-2 neu breast cancerANNALISE ROXANNE SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the tumor cells plays a fundamental role in the immune system by inducing tumor specific humoral and cellular immunity. Based on these results, we propose that WA can stimulate an immune mediated cancer cell death by eliciting ..
- Histoplasma Gene Expression and Organism PersistenceALAN GEORGE SMULIAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Most individuals recover from primary infection, however, with impairment of cellular immunity, may develop progressive disease by reactivation of dormant foci...
- Listeria-Based Therapeutic Cancer Vaccine for MelanomaDirk G Brockstedt; Fiscal Year: 2011..These "killed but metabolically active" (KBMA) Lm are still able to induce robust cellular immunity and therefore provide a promising approach for therapeutic cancer vaccine development...
- Immune activation by cetuximab in head and neck cancer patientsRobert L Ferris; Fiscal Year: 2013..identify predictive immune biomarkers of biological and clinical responsiveness, such as Fc?R polymorphisms, cellular immunity and immune escape mechanisms...
- Development of Vaccine Strategies to prevent EBV+ Lymphoma in Patients with HIVROBERT ALAN BAIOCCHI; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that deficiency of cellular immunity against EBV lytic and latent antigens leads to increased risk of EBV-LPD, and vaccine-enhanced EBV-specific ..
- Malaria vaccines modified with TLR agonist adjuvantElizabeth H Nardin; Fiscal Year: 2010..has emphasized the critical need for more potent adjuvants to stimulate high levels of humoral and/or cellular immunity. TLR agonists based on unique pathogen associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) can function as strong ..
- Humoral and cellular immunity in polyomavirus-linked Merkel cell carcinomaPaul Nghiem; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mosquito Saliva in Dengue Virus PathogenesisREBECCA R RICO-HESSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..specific genome regions involved in viral replication and tropism, measurement of human antibodies and cellular immunity after mosquito infection, and the possibility of inducing typical DHF, with hemorrhagic signs of disease, ..
- Persistent hepatitis C virus replication and T cell immunity in pregnancyChristopher M Walker; Fiscal Year: 2013..Two Specific Aims are proposed. Specific Aim 1 is to compare HCV-specific cellular immunity and underlying immunoregulatory changes in women with and without a substantial drop in viremia in the ..
- Development of a Chlamydia T Cell Vaccine Based on Dendritic Cell ImmunoprotemicsLeonard J Foster; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this proposal a novel immunoproteomic approach is described based on identifying Chlamydia peptides capable of producing protective cellular immunity that shows great promise towards the development of a Chlamydia vaccine.
- Cell-mediated protection against pneumonic plagueJr Shiuan Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..While the rF1V vaccine primarily stimulates antibody-mediated humoral immunity, T cell-dependent cellular immunity comprises a second means by which vaccines can prime long-lived protection...
- Novel dominant-negative HSV-2 recombinant viral vaccinesFeng Yao; Fiscal Year: 2011..of HSV-2 infection, and (2) the documented potent immunomodulatory effect of IL-15 in stimulating Th-1 cellular immunity, the humoral immune response and in the maintenance of CD8+ and CD4+ memory T cells, we will explore whether ..
- Mechanisms of pneumococcal persistence during carriage.JEFFREY NEAL WEISER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Complete clearance of carriage requires cellular immunity, and is mediated by the gradual Th17-dependent influx of tissue macrophages into the nasal lumen...
- Direct Regulation of CD8 T Cells by Interferon gammaMarulasiddappa Suresh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Evidence indicate that cellular immunity mediated by CD8 T cells is important in defense against LCMV, and most likely Lassa virus...
- Down-regulation of MHC class l molecules by HCMV US2Domenico Tortorella; Fiscal Year: 2009..HCMV expresses proteins that modulate both the innate and adaptive branches of the immune system. Cellular immunity appears to be the main target of HCMV with an emphasis on interfering with CD8+ cytotoxic T cell (CTL) ..
- Newcastle Disease Virus Vectored Vaccines for Norovirus InfectionSiba K Samal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Humoral, mucosal, and cellular immunity of live NDV vectored norovirus vaccines and of VLPs will be evaluated to identify the most effective antigen...
- Characterization of CCR5-like Molecules in LeishmaniaLynn Soong; Fiscal Year: 2010..A hallmark of cutaneous leishmaniasis associated with La infection is the profound deficiency in cellular immunity to the parasite...
- Transcriptional control of chemokine receptors and naive T cell traffickingEric Sebzda; Fiscal Year: 2013..T cell trafficking in vivo, and;(Aim 3) establishing how unrestrained naive T cell trafficking affects cellular immunity at the cell-intrinsic level (anergy versus intact T cell effector functions) as well as at a host level (..
- Immunotherapeutic HPV cancer vaccines that target Langerhans cellsGerard Zurawski; Fiscal Year: 2010..A major immune arm of immunotherapeutic vaccines is cellular immunity. Studies have shown that the HPV oncoproteins, E6 and E7, are constitutively expressed in HPV-infected cells ..
- The Role of Antibody-Mediated Protective Immunity Against Q feverGuoquan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..if PI-LPS is a target in protection against Q fever and to understand the contribution of humoral and cellular immunity in vaccine-induced protective immunity against C. burnetii infection...
- Recombinant Attenuated Bacterial Vaccines Against Biodefense AgentsRoy Curtiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..use of a recently developed Salmonella vaccine to deliver influenza antigens to induce long-term protective cellular immunity and antibody responses to all influenza virus types and type-specific immunity against HA antigens delivered ..
- Integrase-defective lentiviral based influenza vaccinesMirella Salvatore; Fiscal Year: 2010A key problem in vaccine development is finding an effective way to induce cellular immunity. DNA vaccines are constituted by a plasmid encoding the target antigen under the transcriptional control of a promoter region active in human ..
- NEONATAL CANDIDIASIS &IMMUNE COMPROMISE DURING DEVELOPMENTJOSEPH MARK BLISS; Fiscal Year: 2011..These infants are vulnerable to infection due to impairment in both humoral and cellular immunity. Importantly, similar vulnerabilities are seen in some adult populations as well...
- Use of Substance P antagonists to regulate the skin immune functionAdriana T Larregina; Fiscal Year: 2013..Substance-P (SP) is the prototype pro-inflammatory neuropeptide which favors cellular immunity by promoting the activation, proliferation and survival of immune cells...
- Persistent hepatitis C virus replication and T cell immunity in pregnancyChristopher M Walker; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our central hypothesis is that cellular immunity to HCV is fully restored, at least transiently, in the post-partum period. Two Specific Aims are proposed...
- Cellular Immune Response to RVFV InfectionKIMBERLY KERSHEA GRAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..My preliminary efforts to characterize the effect of MP-12 infection on cellular immunity in mice have found that the MP-12 vaccine strain can significantly inhibit Th1 associated cytokines ..
- INNATE/ADAPTIVE IMMUNE RESPONSE TO SALMONELLA TYPHIMURIUMMUYIWA EMMANUEL AWONIYI; Fiscal Year: 2010..contain the infection during the first days and then promote the development of adaptive, antigen-specific cellular immunity to the invading microbe, which must take place in a timely manner and be of proper magnitude and quality to ..
- Testing DNA Vaccine Against T. cruzi in Large Animal Model (Dogs)Nisha Jain Garg; Fiscal Year: 2010..To determine whether vaccination with the multi-component vaccine elicits anti- T. cruzi humoral and cellular immunity in the canine host. Aim 2. To determine whether DNA vaccinationinduced immunity provides protection from T...
- Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in West Africa: the Parasite, Vector and DiseaseSeydou Doumbia; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will also in Aim 2, for the first time, establish if sand fly salivary cellular immunity can influece the CL outcome in endemic populations...
- Altered peptide ligands and immunopathogenesis of dengue virus infectionALLISON ANNE IMRIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..cytokines, coupled with altered cytolytic function, will be extended in a systematic analysis of cellular immunity in subjects with a known sequence of dengue virus infections...
- VARIABLE GENE DEFECTS AND PNEUMOCOCCAL SUSCEPTIBILITYLiise Anne Pirofski; Fiscal Year: 2010..burden and modulate the immune response and that this depends on collaboration between Ab and components of cellular immunity. The specific aims are: 1) To determine the role that CD8 T cells play in protection against ST3 pneumonia ..
- Protection against acute inflammatory demyelinating peripheral nerve diseaseEVAN STUBBS; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Cellular immunity directed against specific constituents of the peripheral nerve myelin sheath is considered causal in AIDP...
- NAD and CD38: modulators of inflammation and immunityFrances E Lund; Fiscal Year: 2010..Unfortunately, the current inactivated virus vaccines do not contain adjuvant and do not induce lasting cellular immunity. Since the only adjuvant approved for use in humans is alum and alum enhances type 2 immune responses that ..
- Myeloid precursors and the microbiome in the osteoimmunology of agingAntonios O Aliprantis; Fiscal Year: 2013..related changes in CD11blowLy6chigh OCPs underpin two universal phenomena of aging: bone loss and reduced cellular immunity. The final aim comes on the heels of a recent explosion in our collective understanding of how the ..
- Cellular Immunity to JC Virus in AIDS-Associated Progressive Multifocal LeukoenceIgor J Koralnik; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 4) Determine the potential of JCV mRNA-transfected DC as therapeutic vaccines for PML ..
- Molecular basis for age-related thymic involution and rejuvenationDong Ming Su; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will lay the groundwork for restoring thymic dysfunction and extending the functional lifespan of human cellular immunity.
- CMV Entry-Specific Neutralizing Antibody in Primary Infection in TransplantationMargaret L Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..in a prospective cohort, while controlling for the viral inoculum of the stem cell product and CMV-specific cellular immunity. In the second aim, I will examine the role of anti-UL131- 128 neutralizing antibodies, both endogenous and ..
- Proteome-wide cellular immunity approach to P. falciparum antigen identificationALESSANDRO D SETTE; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Mechanisms of Epstein-Barr Virus PersistenceJeffery T Sample; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, a breakdown in cellular immunity, particularly as a consequence of AIDS, remains a significant risk factor for development of EBV-associated ..
- Role of anti-Col (V) immunity in primary graft dysfunctionDavid S Wilkes; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recent work by our group suggests that both humoral and cellular immunity to col(V) are involved in PGD pathogenesis...
- Modulation of Biodefense Responses to Microbial PathogensAnthony T Vella; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 4 (Cauley) will investigate the mechanisms that support sustained cellular immunity in the lungs against influenza virus infection...
- Immunobiology and Pathogenesis of Pulmonary Tularemia (Metzger, PD)Dennis W Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2013..Induction of both humoral and cellular immunity appears to be key for protection but there is currently no vaccine approved for human use and experts in the ..
- Pulmonary and Immunologic Effects of Marijuana Use on HIV and Viral ImmunityMichael D Roth; Fiscal Year: 2010..the huPBL-NOD/SCID/IL2r-gamma-null model, and 3) to examine the impact of habitual MJ smoking on humoral and cellular immunity to Hepatitis B (HBV) vaccination under controlled MJ exposure conditions...
- Impact of Calorie Restriction on Thymopoiesis in HumansVishwa Deep Dixit; Fiscal Year: 2012..The decline in cellular immunity with age is a direct consequence of progressive replacement of thymic lymphoid and stromal cell compartment ..
- Engineered lipid vesicles as potent vaccine vectors for HIVDarrell J Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): Successful vaccination against HIV will likely require the generation of coordinated humoral and cellular immunity. Among current strategies, protein vaccines fail to stimulate cellular responses, while plasmid DNA or live ..
- Elicitation of broad immunity using VLPs with consensus envsTed Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..be vaccinated in a prime/boost regimen (DNA prime/particle boost) for the elicitation of both humoral and cellular immunity, and protection from heterologous clade B SHIV challenge will be evaluated...
- Immunologic Mechanisms, Biomarkers and Subsets in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)MARY A FLETCHER; Fiscal Year: 2011..and allow us to determine if changes in disease severity correlate with changes in the lytic pathway of cellular immunity. By defining immune function at the molecular level, we will identify potential biomarkers and targets for ..
- Mucosal vs Systemic Influenza Vaccine While Breastfeeding: Milk ImmunityPia S Pannaraj; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will evaluate levels of influenza-specific antibodies and cellular immunity in blood and breast milk...
- A Multidisciplinary and Translational Approach to Hepatobiliary MalignancyDavid R Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2013..suppression of cell mediated CD4 and CD8 T cell responses, and depletion of Tregs and/or sCD25 would enhance cellular immunity against HCC...
- Flt3L Treatment of Pancreatic CancerJoyce C Solheim; Fiscal Year: 2013..Gemcitabine is a standard therapy for pancreatic cancer, and there is evidence it can synergize with cellular immunity. Cellular immune responses against tumors are primarily initiated by dendritic cells (DCs), via their ..
- Cellular Immunity to Chlamydua at the Epithelial InterfaceRAYMOND MORRIS JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Defining what protective T cells look like, and how they function, will be critical for designing and assessing future Chlamydia candidate vaccines. ..
- AAV-Based Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Cancer VaccinePierre L Triozzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dendritic cells (DC) are considered the most potent antigen-presenting cells for initiating cellular immunity. There is experimental evidence suggesting that the plasmacytoid DC subpopulation (pDC) plays an important ..
- Interaction of AIDS-associated microbes with radiationEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2010..are planning to prove this hypothesis by evaluating contribution of neutrophils, cytokines, complement and cellular immunity to the RIT. The proposed research will facilitate clinical introduction of RIT of opportunistic CN infection...
- Understanding RTS,S malaria vaccine-induced protection through integrated analysiCarlota Dobano; Fiscal Year: 2012..To explain RTS,S/AS01E duration of protection by modulation of naturally acquired humoral and cellular immunity (Aim 2), we propose non-biased antibody profiling via protein array with coverage of a large portion of the ..
- PRECLINICAL GENE THERAPY STUDIES IN CANINE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHYStephen J Tapscott; Fiscal Year: 2013..dogs, we demonstrated robust cellular immune responses to AAV capsid proteins, suggesting the likelihood of cellular immunity to AAV vectors in humans...
- Improved plague vaccine by targeting dendritic cell subsetsYoonkyung Do; Fiscal Year: 2010..provide antibody- based protection in small animal models, recent studies suggest the importance of inducing cellular immunity, in addition to humoral immunity, in the development of plague vaccines...
- Development and Implementation of Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immune DeMARK TYLER MCCANN; Fiscal Year: 2012..SCID is a group of rare and often fatal inherited disorders characterized by the absence of both humoral and cellular immunity. SCID is comprised of at least 15 genetic conditions, leading to variable disease presentation, but common ..
- Aging and Immunity to InfectionLaura Haynes; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 4 "Impact of aging on the T cell repertoire and cellular immunity to influenza virus" will examine age- related changes in CD4 and CDS T cell repertoire and how these ..
- Design of HIV VLPs with Enhanced ImmunogenicityRichard W Compans; Fiscal Year: 2013..that the resulting VLPs will elicit improved neutralizing antibody responses, as well as cell-mediated cellular immunity. We hypothesize that these novel VLPs will elicit higher titers of broadly reactive nAbs and enhanced ..
- Modeling FCRL6 regulation and function in transgenic miceRandall S Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..the resulting Tg mice will provide fundamental insight into the role of the FCRL6/MHCII relationship in cellular immunity. This new platform will be robust and highly flexible for expanding investigation of the FCRL6/MHCII axis in ..
- MUCOSAL IMMUNITY TO HIV ENV BY ORAL VACCINATIONDanuta Kozbor; Fiscal Year: 2001..An important area of induction of cellular immunity to HIV that has not been much studied is the ability to induce CTL and humoral responses at mucosal surfaces...
- 1,25 DIHYDROXY VITAMIN D3 AND CELLULAR IMMUNITYStavros Manolagas; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Cellular Immunity Against Ehrlichia chaffeensisROMAN GANTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..chaffeensis and other closely related organisms. ..
- Dynamics of SHIV clade C and S mansoni coinfectionRuth Ruprecht; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, animal model studies have shown that vaccines that normally induce strong cellular immunity failed to do so in Schistosoma mansoni-infected animals...
- ENDODONTIC TREATMENT FOR PERSONS WHO ARE HIV POSITIVEDavid Rosenstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..The primary hypothesis is that assessment of both cellular immunity depletion as well as residual cellular immunity function will be accurate predictors for endodontic success ..
- AGBD T CELL DEPENDENT MECHANISMS OF GLOMERULONEPHRITISTanya Mayadas; Fiscal Year: 2006There is compelling evidence that cellular immunity plays a role in the pathogenesis of glomerulonephritis (GN)...
- Cellular Immunity Against Ehrlichia chaffeensisROMAN GANTA; Fiscal Year: 2002..chaffeensis and other closely related organisms. ..