Genomes and Genes
Summary: The time frame after a meal or FOOD INTAKE.
Publications286 found, 100 shown here
- Whole-grain cereal products based on a high-fibre barley or oat genotype lower post-prandial glucose and insulin responses in healthy humansMarie Alminger
Dept of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Food Science, Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Nutr 47:294-300. 2008..Some suggested factors lowering the responses are; intact botanical structure, high amylose/high ss-glucan cereal varieties, organic acid produced during fermentation and food processes inducing retrogradation of starch...
- Nonfasting triglycerides and risk of myocardial infarction, ischemic heart disease, and death in men and womenBørge G Nordestgaard
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Herlev University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
JAMA 298:299-308. 2007..Elevated nonfasting triglycerides indicate the presence of remnant lipoproteins, which may promote atherosclerosis...
- Fasting compared with nonfasting triglycerides and risk of cardiovascular events in womenSandeep Bansal
Donald W Reynolds Center for Cardiovascular Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
JAMA 298:309-16. 2007..Although triglyceride levels are typically obtained in the fasting state, postprandial hypertriglyceridemia may play an important role in atherosclerosis...
- Reduced postprandial concentrations of intact biologically active glucagon-like peptide 1 in type 2 diabetic patientsT Vilsbøll
Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 50:609-13. 2001....
- Reproducibility, power and validity of visual analogue scales in assessment of appetite sensations in single test meal studiesA Flint
Research Department of Human Nutrition, Center for Food Research, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:38-48. 2000..To examine reproducibility and validity of visual analogue scales (VAS) for measurement of appetite sensations, with and without a diet standardization prior to the test days...
- Contributions of fasting and postprandial plasma glucose increments to the overall diurnal hyperglycemia of type 2 diabetic patients: variations with increasing levels of HbA(1c)Louis Monnier
Department of Metabolism, Lapeyronie Hospital, Montpellier, France
Diabetes Care 26:881-5. 2003..To test the effect of overall glycemic control itself, we analyzed the diurnal glycemic profiles of type 2 diabetic patients investigated at different levels of HbA(1c)...
- Vildagliptin therapy reduces postprandial intestinal triglyceride-rich lipoprotein particles in patients with type 2 diabetesN Matikainen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital and Biomedicum, Helsinki, Finland
Diabetologia 49:2049-57. 2006..We assessed the effects of vildagliptin, a novel dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor, on postprandial lipid and lipoprotein metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Postprandial endothelial activation in healthy subjects and in type 2 diabetic patients: role of fat and carbohydrate mealsFrancesco Nappo
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1145-50. 2002..To compare the effect of a high-fat meal and a high-carbohydrate meal (pizza), with and without antioxidant vitamins, on endothelial activation in healthy subjects and in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Post-prandial endothelial dysfunction in hypertriglyceridemic subjects: molecular mechanisms and gene expression studiesGiuseppe Danilo Norata
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Atherosclerosis 193:321-7. 2007..In the present study, we investigated the effects of post-prandial TGRLs from type IV hyperlipidemic subjects on endothelial activation addressing the effects of the lipoproteins on intracellular pathways and gene expression...
- Gastric bypass surgery enhances glucagon-like peptide 1-stimulated postprandial insulin secretion in humansMarzieh Salehi
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Diabetes 60:2308-14. 2011..The aim of this study was to establish the role of GLP-1 on insulin secretion in patients with GB...
- Effects of exenatide versus sitagliptin on postprandial glucose, insulin and glucagon secretion, gastric emptying, and caloric intake: a randomized, cross-over studyRalph A DeFronzo
University of Texas Health Science Center, Department of Medicine, Diabetes Division MSC 7886, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2943-52. 2008..This study evaluated the effects of exenatide, a GLP-1 receptor agonist, and sitagliptin, a DPP-4 inhibitor, on 2-h postprandial glucose (PPG), insulin and glucagon secretion, gastric emptying, and caloric intake in T2D patients...
- Mechanism of action of exenatide to reduce postprandial hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetesAntonio Cervera
Division of Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E846-52. 2008..CON). Acetaminophen((AUC)) was reduced by approximately 80% in EXE vs. CON (P < 0.01). We conclude that exenatide infusion attenuates postprandial hyperglycemia by decreasing EGP (by approximately 50%) and by slowing gastric emptying...
- Postprandial hyperglycemia and endothelial function in type 2 diabetes: focus on mitiglinideLisa Kitasato
Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Sagamihara, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:79. 2012....
- Adipose tissue as a buffer for daily lipid fluxK N Frayn
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
Diabetologia 45:1201-10. 2002..Adipose tissue could play a crucial part in buffering the flux of fatty acids in the circulation in the postprandial period, analogous to the roles of the liver and skeletal muscle in buffering postprandial glucose fluxes...
- High fat intake leads to acute postprandial exposure to circulating endotoxin in type 2 diabetic subjectsAlison L Harte
Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Diabetes Care 35:375-82. 2012..To evaluate the changes in circulating endotoxin after a high-saturated fat meal to determine whether these effects depend on metabolic disease state...
- A pilot study of the efficacy of miglitol and sitagliptin for type 2 diabetes with a continuous glucose monitoring system and incretin-related markersMiyako Kishimoto
Department of Diabetes and Metabolic Medicine, Center Hospital, Diabetes and Metabolism Information Center, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 162 8655, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:115. 2011..Therefore, glycemic control with the combination of these drugs is warranted...
- Effects of prandial versus fasting glycemia on cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes: the HEART2D trialItamar Raz
Internal Medicine, Hadassah Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Diabetes Care 32:381-6. 2009....
- The loss of postprandial glycemic control precedes stepwise deterioration of fasting with worsening diabetesLouis Monnier
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Lapeyronie Hospital, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Diabetes Care 30:263-9. 2007..The aim of the study was to determine whether the loss of fasting and postprandial glycemic control occurs in parallel or sequentially in the evolution of type 2 diabetes...
- Exaggerated glucagon-like peptide-1 and blunted glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide secretion are associated with Roux-en-Y gastric bypass but not adjustable gastric bandingJudith Korner
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:597-601. 2007....
- Effect of whole grains on insulin sensitivity in overweight hyperinsulinemic adultsMark A Pereira
Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, and the Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 75:848-55. 2002..Epidemiologic studies have found whole-grain intake to be inversely associated with the risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease...
- Nutritional, dietary and postprandial oxidative stressHelmut Sies
Institut fur Biochemie und Molekularbiologie I, Universitat Dusseldorf, Postfach 101007, D 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Nutr 135:969-72. 2005..g., from wine, cocoa, or tea, improves endothelial dysfunction and lowers the susceptibility of LDL lipids to oxidation. Polyphenols affect endothelial function not solely as antioxidants but also as modulatory signaling molecules...
- Postprandial glucose regulation and diabetic complicationsAntonio Ceriello
Department of Pathology and Medicine Experimental and Clinical, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Arch Intern Med 164:2090-5. 2004..The present review examines the hypothesis that controlling postprandial glucose level is an important strategy in the prevention of cardiovascular complications associated with diabetes...
- Effects of different sweet preloads on incretin hormone secretion, gastric emptying, and postprandial glycemia in healthy humansTongzhi Wu
Discipline of Medicine, University of Adelaide, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 95:78-83. 2012..After sweet preloads, these effects may be signaled by sodium-glucose cotransporter-1 (SGLT1), sweet taste receptors, or both...
- Postprandial recruitment of neutrophils may contribute to endothelial dysfunctionA J H H M van Oostrom
Department of Vascular Medicine, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 44:576-83. 2003..Lymphocyte increment is a nonspecific diurnal process. Postprandial intravascular inflammatory changes may be relevant for the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Both GLP-1 and GIP are insulinotropic at basal and postprandial glucose levels and contribute nearly equally to the incretin effect of a meal in healthy subjectsTina Vilsbøll
Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Regul Pept 114:115-21. 2003....
- Gender differences in diurnal triglyceridemia in lean and overweight subjectsC J Halkes
Department of Vascular Medicine, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1767-74. 2001..The significant positive association between diurnal triglyceridemia and waist circumference supports the view that especially abdominal fat associated with insulin resistance enhances postprandial lipemia...
- Postprandial hyperglycemia/hyperlipidemia (postprandial dysmetabolism) is a cardiovascular risk factorJames H O'Keefe
University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:899-904. 2007..Diet, exercise, and various pharmacologic agents can improve postprandial dysmetabolism. Using these strategies may help improve the prognosis for patients with diabetes mellitus and/or coronary heart disease...
- Postprandial hyperlipidemia, endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular risk: focus on incretinsSameer Ansar
Department of Endocrinology, Phoenix Veteran Affairs Healthcare System, 650 E Indian School Rd, CS111E, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:61. 2011....
- Effect of postprandial hypertriglyceridemia and hyperglycemia on circulating adhesion molecules and oxidative stress generation and the possible role of simvastatin treatmentAntoniom Ceriello
Department of Pathology and Medicine, Experimental and Clinical, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Diabetes 53:701-10. 2004..Simvastatin shows a beneficial effect on oxidative stress and the plasma levels of adhesion molecules, which may be ascribed to a direct effect in addition to the lipid-lowering action of the drug...
- Attenuated peptide YY release in obese subjects is associated with reduced satietyC W le Roux
Department of Metabolic Medicine, 6th Floor Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 147:3-8. 2006..We conclude that obese subjects have a PYY deficiency that would reduce satiety and could thus reinforce their obesity...
- Postprandial changes in small bowel water content in healthy subjects and patients with irritable bowel syndromeLuca Marciani
Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre NIHR Biomedical Research Unit, Queen s Medical Centre Campus, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 138:469-77, 477.e1. 2010..We studied postprandial changes in distribution of water in the upper gastrointestinal tract of healthy volunteers (HVs) and patients with IBS-D after contrasting meals...
- HbA₁(c) and mean blood glucose show stronger associations with cardiovascular disease risk factors than do postprandial glycaemia or glucose variability in persons with diabetes: the A1C-Derived Average Glucose (ADAG) studyR Borg
Steno Diabetes Center A S, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetologia 54:69-72. 2011..We examined the association between various indices of glycaemia measured during everyday activities and metabolic CVD risk factors in the A1C-Derived Average Glucose (ADAG) study...
- Glycemia and insulinemia in healthy subjects after lactose-equivalent meals of milk and other food proteins: the role of plasma amino acids and incretinsMikael Nilsson
Department of Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Lund University, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 80:1246-53. 2004..Milk products deviate from other carbohydrate-containing foods in that they produce high insulin responses, despite their low GI. The insulinotropic mechanism of milk has not been elucidated...
- Fasting and nonfasting lipid levels: influence of normal food intake on lipids, lipoproteins, apolipoproteins, and cardiovascular risk predictionAnne Langsted
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Herlev Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, Herlev, Denmark
Circulation 118:2047-56. 2008..Lipid profiles are usually measured after fasting. We tested the hypotheses that these levels change only minimally in response to normal food intake and that nonfasting levels predict cardiovascular events...
- Associations between postprandial insulin and blood glucose responses, appetite sensations and energy intake in normal weight and overweight individuals: a meta-analysis of test meal studiesAnne Flint
Novo Nordisk A S, Smørmosevej 2, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Br J Nutr 98:17-25. 2007..after an overnight fast, and appetite sensations and blood samples were obtained frequently in the postprandial period. Finally, an ad libitum lunch was served...
- Aging is associated with diminished accretion of muscle proteins after the ingestion of a small bolus of essential amino acidsChristos S Katsanos
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 82:1065-73. 2005..Previous evidence suggests that aging in healthy persons does not result in decreased incorporation of muscle proteins after a bolus ingestion of 15 g essential amino acids (EAAs)...
- The glycemic index: physiological mechanisms relating to obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseaseDavid S Ludwig
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 287:2414-23. 2002..The purpose of this review is to examine the physiological effects of the glycemic index and the relevance of these effects in preventing and treating obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease...
- Differential effects of cream, glucose, and orange juice on inflammation, endotoxin, and the expression of Toll-like receptor-4 and suppressor of cytokine signaling-3Rupali Deopurkar
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, State University of New York at Buffalo and Kaleida Health, Buffalo, New York, USA
Diabetes Care 33:991-7. 2010..Saturated fat and carbohydrates, components of the HFHC meal, known to induce oxidative stress and inflammation, also induce an increase in LPS, TLR-4, and SOCS3...
- Development of cookie test for the simultaneous determination of glucose intolerance, hyperinsulinemia, insulin resistance and postprandial dyslipidemiaYutaka Harano
Niseikai Center for Lifestyle Related Diseases, Mino City, Osaka, Japan
Endocr J 53:173-80. 2006..Simultaneous evaluation of glucose intolerance, hyperinsulinemia, insulin resistance, and postprandial hyperlipidemia was also possible...
- The -256T>C polymorphism in the apolipoprotein A-II gene promoter is associated with body mass index and food intake in the genetics of lipid lowering drugs and diet network studyDolores Corella
Nutrition and Genomics Laboratory, Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111 1524, USA
Clin Chem 53:1144-52. 2007..Apolipoprotein A-II (APOA2) plays an ambiguous role in lipid metabolism, obesity, and atherosclerosis...
- Eating slowly increases the postprandial response of the anorexigenic gut hormones, peptide YY and glucagon-like peptide-1Alexander Kokkinos
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Athens University Medical School, Laiko General Hospital, 11527 Athens, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:333-7. 2010..The objective of the study was to determine whether eating the same meal at varying speeds elicits different postprandial gut peptide responses...
- Post-meal glucose peaks at home associate with carotid intima-media thickness in type 2 diabetesKatherine Esposito
Chair and Division of Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Piazza L Miraglia, 80138 Napoli, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1345-50. 2008..Two-hour postprandial hyperglycemia is related to chronic complications of diabetes and is currently used in the international guidelines to drive the therapy...
- A bolus calculator is an effective means of controlling postprandial glycemia in patients on insulin pump therapyTodd M Gross
Medtronic MiniMed, Northridge, California 91325, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 5:365-9. 2003..A bolus calculator, which can be integrated into insulin pump software, may help patients to more accurately meet prandial insulin dosage requirements, improve postprandial glycemic excursions, and achieve optimal glycemic control...
- 1,5-Anhydroglucitol in diabetes mellitusWon Jun Kim
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Gangneung Asan Hospital, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Gangneung, Korea
Endocrine 43:33-40. 2013..This review provides an overview of our current understanding of the role of 1,5-AG marker in diabetes. However, further investigations on the associations between this glycemic marker and diabetes complications are needed...
- Ezetimibe improves postprandial hyperlipemia and its induced endothelial dysfunctionKei Yunoki
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 5 1, Shikata cho, Kita ku, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Atherosclerosis 217:486-91. 2011..We investigated the association between postprandial lipid profiles and endothelial function, and we examined the effects of ezetimibe on postprandial hyperlipemia and lipemia-induced endothelial dysfunction...
- Postprandial endothelial function, inflammation, and oxidative stress in obese children and adolescentsAndrea M Metzig
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1279-83. 2011..However, associations of postprandial hyperglycemia with endothelial function and oxidative stress may have implications for individuals with impaired glucose tolerance or frank type 2 diabetes...
- Assessment and clinical relevance of non-fasting and postprandial triglycerides: an expert panel statementGenovefa D Kolovou
Cardiology Department, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, 356 Sygrou Avenue, 17674 Athens, Greece
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 9:258-70. 2011..7). A higher and undesirable postprandial TG response could be treated by aggressive lifestyle modification (including nutritional supplementation) and/or TG lowering drugs like statins, fibrates and nicotinic acid...
- Almond ingestion at mealtime reduces postprandial glycemia and chronic ingestion reduces hemoglobin A(1c) in individuals with well-controlled type 2 diabetes mellitusAshley E Cohen
Nutrition Program, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Mesa, AZ 85212, USA
Metabolism 60:1312-7. 2011..These data show that modest almond consumption favorably improves both short-term and long-term markers of glucose control in individuals with uncomplicated type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- CD11c/CD18 expression is upregulated on blood monocytes during hypertriglyceridemia and enhances adhesion to vascular cell adhesion molecule-1R Michael Gower
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:160-6. 2011..Involvement of β(2)-integrin CD11c/CD18 in atherogenesis was recently shown in dyslipidemic mice, which motivates our study of its inflammatory function during hypertriglyceridemia in humans...
- Postprandial stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in old rats can be restored by a leucine-supplemented mealDominique Dardevet
Human Nutrition Research Centre of Clermont Ferrand and Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité de Nutrition et Métabolisme Protéique, 63122 Ceyrat, France
J Nutr 132:95-100. 2002..Whether chronic leucine meal supplementation may limit muscle protein wasting during aging remains to be verified...
- Postprandial lipemia and cardiovascular disease risk: Interrelationships between dietary, physiological and genetic determinantsKim G Jackson
Hugh Sinclair Unit of Human Nutrition, Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Reading, UK
Atherosclerosis 220:22-33. 2012..Finally, we highlight the need for the development of a standardised 'fat tolerance test' for use in clinical trials, to allow the integration and comparison of data from individual studies...
- Storage rates of circulating free fatty acid into adipose tissue during eating or walking in humansChristina Koutsari
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diabetes 61:329-38. 2012..Transmembrane transport (CD36) and esterification into triglycerides (DGAT) may be rate-limiting steps for LBSQ FFA storage during feeding and exercise...
- Physical activity and postprandial lipidemia: are energy expenditure and lipoprotein lipase activity the real modulators of the positive effect?Meredith C Peddie
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Prog Lipid Res 51:11-22. 2012..It seems more likely that energy expenditure is one component of a multifactorial list of mediators that may include local muscle contractile activity, and other yet to be elucidated mechanisms...
- Coordinated release of acylation stimulating protein (ASP) and triacylglycerol clearance by human adipose tissue in vivo in the postprandial periodJ Saleh
McGill Unit for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Lipid Res 39:884-91. 1998..whether Acylation Stimulating Protein (ASP) is generated in vivo by human adipose tissue during the postprandial period. After a fat meal, samples from 12 subjects were obtained (up to 6 h) from an arterialized hand vein and an ..
- Postprandial lipemia and cardiovascular diseaseDianne Hyson
Department of Medicine, University of California, Davis, 4150 V Street, Suite G400, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 5:437-44. 2003..Collectively, these data suggest that assessment and treatment of atherosclerosis should include parameters related to postprandial lipemia...
- Once-daily basal insulin glargine versus thrice-daily prandial insulin lispro in people with type 2 diabetes on oral hypoglycaemic agents (APOLLO): an open randomised controlled trialReinhard G Bretzel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Lancet 371:1073-84. 2008....
- Intranasal insulin enhances postprandial thermogenesis and lowers postprandial serum insulin levels in healthy menChristian Benedict
Department of Neuroendocrinology, University of Lubeck, Germany
Diabetes 60:114-8. 2011..We determined the effect of intranasal insulin, which directly targets the brain, on glucose metabolism and energy expenditure in humans...
- A low glycemic index diet does not affect postprandial energy metabolism but decreases postprandial insulinemia and increases fullness ratings in healthy womenInger Krog-Mikkelsen
Department of Human Nutrition, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
J Nutr 141:1679-84. 2011..EE and substrate oxidation rates were, however, not affected. These findings give some support to recommendations to consume a LGI diet...
- Postprandial increase of complement component 3 in normolipidemic patients with coronary artery disease: effects of expanded-dose simvastatinC J Halkes
Department of Vascular Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:1526-30. 2001..Fasting C3 is associated with waist circumference, but postprandial C3 increment is associated with postprandial lipemia. Fasting and postprandial C3 concentrations decrease after treatment with simvastatin...
- Efficacy and safety of the once-daily GLP-1 receptor agonist lixisenatide in monotherapy: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in patients with type 2 diabetes (GetGoal-Mono)Vivian A Fonseca
Department of Medicine, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1225-31. 2012..To assess efficacy and safety of lixisenatide monotherapy in type 2 diabetes...
- The effects of postprandial glucose and insulin levels on postprandial endothelial function in subjects with normal glucose toleranceKazunari Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine Divisions of Cardiology, Hepatology, Geriatrics, and Integrated Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:98. 2012....
- Specific dynamic action: a review of the postprandial metabolic responseStephen M Secor
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 0344, USA
J Comp Physiol B 179:1-56. 2009....
- Obese children show hyperactivation to food pictures in brain networks linked to motivation, reward and cognitive controlA S Bruce
Department of Preventive Medicine, Hoglund Brain Imaging Center, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 34:1494-500. 2010..To investigate the neural mechanisms of food motivation in children and adolescents, and examine brain activation differences between healthy weight (HW) and obese participants...
- Dietary carbohydrate modification induces alterations in gene expression in abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue in persons with the metabolic syndrome: the FUNGENUT StudyPetteri Kallio
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Food and Health Research Centre, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Am J Clin Nutr 85:1417-27. 2007..Diets rich in whole-grain cereals and foods with a low glycemic index may protect against type 2 diabetes, but the underlying molecular mechanisms are unknown...
- Insulin stimulates hepatic low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1 (LRP1) to increase postprandial lipoprotein clearanceAlexander Laatsch
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II Molecular Cell Biology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 204:105-11. 2009..The dietary lipids are carried in chylomicron remnants (CR) which are taken up into the liver mainly via LDLR-related protein 1 (LRP1). In this study, the effect of insulin on LRP1-mediated hepatic CR uptake was investigated...
- The influence of the glycaemic index of breakfast and lunch on substrate utilisation during the postprandial periods and subsequent exerciseEmma Stevenson
Sport and Exercise Nutrition Research Group, School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3TU, UK
Br J Nutr 93:885-93. 2005..In each trial, participants consumed breakfast and lunch, both of which were followed by a 3 h resting postprandial period. Following this, participants completed a 60 min run at 70 % of V O2max...
- Exercise and postprandial lipaemia: effects on peripheral vascular function, oxidative stress and gastrointestinal transitMiriam Clegg
Department of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
Lipids Health Dis 6:30. 2007..Pulse Wave Velocity (PWV) was examined at baseline, post-exercise, and in the postprandial period. Gastric emptying was measured using the 13C-octanoic acid breath test...
- Psychopathology and personality trait in subgroups of functional dyspepsia based on Rome III criteriaYao Chun Hsu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Lotung Poh Ai Hospital, Lotung Town, Yilan County, Taiwan
Am J Gastroenterol 104:2534-42. 2009..We aimed to investigate differences among these subgroups in psychopathological factors and personality traits...
- Activation of leukocytes by postprandial lipemia in healthy volunteersA J H H M van Oostrom
Departments of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 177:175-82. 2004..These results are suggestive of a pro-inflammatory situation that may correspond with increased adhesive capacity of these cells contributing to the inflammatory component of atherosclerosis...
- Effects of exercise on gut peptides, energy intake and appetiteCatia Martins
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
J Endocrinol 193:251-8. 2007..This impact on appetite and subsequent energy homeostasis was not explained by changes in postprandial levels of ghrelin; however, 'exercise-induced anorexia' may potentially be linked to increased PYY, GLP-1 and PP levels...
- Compared with casein or total milk protein, digestion of milk soluble proteins is too rapid to sustain the anabolic postprandial amino acid requirementMagali Lacroix
UMR INRA 914, Physiology of Nutrition and Feeding Control Unit, Institut National Agronomique Paris Grignon, Paris, France
Am J Clin Nutr 84:1070-9. 2006..The in vivo quality of milk protein fractions has seldom been studied in humans...
- Leukocyte activation by triglyceride-rich lipoproteinsArash Alipour
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:792-7. 2008..Postprandial lipemia has been linked to atherosclerosis and inflammation. Because leukocyte activation is obligatory for atherogenesis, leukocyte activation by triglyceride-rich lipoproteins (TRLs) was investigated...
- Leucine or carbohydrate supplementation reduces AMPK and eEF2 phosphorylation and extends postprandial muscle protein synthesis in ratsGabriel J Wilson
Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E1236-42. 2011..Administering Leu or CHO supplements ∼2 h after a meal maintains cellular energy status and extends the postprandial duration of MPS...
- Deleterious effects of omitting breakfast on insulin sensitivity and fasting lipid profiles in healthy lean womenHamid R Farshchi
Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine, Institute of Clinical Research and School of Biomedical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 81:388-96. 2005..Breakfast consumption is recommended, despite inconclusive evidence of health benefits...
- Postprandial lipemia in endurance-trained people during a short interruption to trainingA E Hardman
Human Muscle Metabolism Research Group, Department of Physical Education, Sports Science and Recreation Management, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3TU, United Kingdom
J Appl Physiol (1985) 84:1895-901. 1998..6 +/- 11.3, 87.6 +/- 11.4, and 94.5 +/- 9.4 microIU/ml x 6 h at 15 h, 60 h, and 6.5 days, respectively). Frequent exercise is needed to maintain a low level of postprandial lipemia and insulinemia in trained people...
- Viscosity of oat bran-enriched beverages influences gastrointestinal hormonal responses in healthy humansKristiina R Juvonen
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Food and Health Research Centre, School of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Nutr 139:461-6. 2009....
- Pathogenesis of fasting and postprandial hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes: implications for therapyRobert A Rizza
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diabetes 59:2697-707. 2010..While we do not yet have sufficient knowledge to truly individualize therapy, in my opinion this approach will be the norm in the not too distant future...
- Postprandial dietary lipid-specific effects on human peripheral blood mononuclear cell gene expression profilesMark Bouwens
Nutrition, Metabolism, and Genomics Group, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 91:208-17. 2010..The mechanisms of action of PUFAs are still not completely understood, but it is known that PUFAs can influence the expression of a broad set of genes...
- Nutrient-stimulated GLP-1 release in normal-weight men and womenT C M Adam
Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Horm Metab Res 37:111-7. 2005..This may be partly explained by %BF, which is higher in women than in men since GLP-1 release appears to be related to %BF...
- Arterial retention of apolipoprotein B(48)- and B(100)-containing lipoproteins in atherogenesisSpencer D Proctor
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science, School of Public Health, Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia 6845
Curr Opin Lipidol 13:461-70. 2002..However, there is increasing evidence to support the concept that specific lipoproteins may be preferentially retained within the arterial wall, possibly as a result of greater affinity for cell surface and extracellular matrices...
- Almonds and postprandial glycemia--a dose-response studyAndrea R Josse
Clinical Nutrition and Risk Factor Modification Center, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5C 2T2
Metabolism 56:400-4. 2007..0), and 90-g (45.2 +/- 5.8) doses of almonds (r = -0.524, n = 36, P = .001). We conclude that, in addition to lowering serum cholesterol levels, almonds may also reduce the glycemic impact of carbohydrate foods with which they are eaten...
- Repetitive fluctuations in blood glucose enhance monocyte adhesion to the endothelium of rat thoracic aortaKosuke Azuma
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2275-80. 2006..The aim of this study was to elucidate the effect of repetitive fluctuations in blood glucose concentrations on monocyte adhesion to the aortic endothelium...
- Exenatide suppresses postprandial elevations in lipids and lipoproteins in individuals with impaired glucose tolerance and recent onset type 2 diabetes mellitusEric A Schwartz
Department of Endocrinology, Phoenix VA Health Care System, 650 E Indian School Road 111E, Phoenix, AZ 85012 1892, USA
Atherosclerosis 212:217-22. 2010..Therefore, the effect of a single injection of exenatide on postprandial lipids, remnant lipoproteins, and apolipoproteins was studied...
- Glucagon-like peptide 2 stimulates glucagon secretion, enhances lipid absorption, and inhibits gastric acid secretion in humansJuris J Meier
Department of Medicine I, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
Gastroenterology 130:44-54. 2006..However, the acute effects of GLP-2 on gastric functions as well as on glucose and lipid homeostasis in humans are less well characterized...
- Characterization of GLP-1 effects on beta-cell function after meal ingestion in humansBo Ahren
Department of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Diabetes Care 26:2860-4. 2003..Previously, beta-cell effects of GLP-1 have been characterized in humans during graded intravenous infusions of glucose, whereas its effects after more physiological stimuli, like meal intake, are not known...
- Synthetic exendin-4 (exenatide) significantly reduces postprandial and fasting plasma glucose in subjects with type 2 diabetesOrville G Kolterman
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3082-9. 2003..This robust antidiabetic effect warrants further evaluation of AC2993...
- Effect of endogenous GLP-1 on insulin secretion in type 2 diabetesMarzieh Salehi
University of Cincinnati, Department of Internal Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Diabetes 59:1330-7. 2010..The primary goal of this study was to determine whether endogenous GLP-1 regulates insulin secretion in type 2 diabetes...
- Factors related to colonic fermentation of nondigestible carbohydrates of a previous evening meal increase tissue glucose uptake and moderate glucose-associated inflammationMarion G Priebe
Center for Medical Biomics, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 91:90-7. 2010..This phenomenon is linked to colonic fermentation of nondigestible carbohydrates, but the underlying mechanism is not fully elucidated...
- Impact of fasting and postprandial glycemia on overall glycemic control in type 2 diabetes Importance of postprandial glycemia to achieve target HbA1c levelsHans J Woerle
Department of Internal Medicine II, Clinical Research Unit CRU, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Grosshadern Marchioninistr 15, Munich 81377, Germany
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 77:280-5. 2007..Cross-sectional studies suggest that attainment of HbA1c goals requires specific targeting of postprandial hyperglycemia...
- Postprandial inflammation and endothelial dysfuctionA Alipour
Department of Internal Medicine, St Franciscus Gasthuis, Center for Diabetes and Vascular Medicine, PO Box 10900, 3004 BA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem Soc Trans 35:466-9. 2007..Postprandial lipaemia has been related to TAG and free fatty acid metabolism. All of these mechanisms provide an alternative explanation for the atherogenicity of the postprandial period.
- Postprandial hypertriglyceridemia increases circulating levels of endothelial cell microparticlesAlexandre C Ferreira
University of Miami School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Center, Miami, Fla, USA
Circulation 110:3599-603. 2004....
- Fasting and postchallenge glycemia and cardiovascular disease risk: the Framingham Offspring StudyJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division and Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Diabetes Care 25:1845-50. 2002..To test the hypothesis that fasting hyperglycemia (FHG) and 2-h postchallenge glycemia (2hPG) independently increase the risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- The digestion rate of protein is an independent regulating factor of postprandial protein retentionM Dangin
Laboratoire de Nutrition Humaine, Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine, , 63009 Clermont-Ferrand, France
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 280:E340-8. 2001..AA: -12 +/- 11, P < 0.01; RPT-WP: 87 +/- 25 vs. WP: 6 +/- 19 micromol/kg, P < 0.05). Protein digestion rate is an independent factor modulating postprandial protein deposition...
- Effect of prior exercise on postprandial lipemia and markers of inflammation and endothelial activation in normal weight and overweight adolescent boysOwen J MacEneaney
Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
Eur J Appl Physiol 106:721-9. 2009....
- Postprandial hyperglycaemia and cardiovascular complications of diabetes: an updateAntonio Ceriello
Clinical Science Research Institute, Clinical Science Building, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 16:453-6. 2006..Therefore, in addition to HbA1c and FPG, physicians should consider monitoring and targeting PPG in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Novel aspects of postprandial lipemia in relation to atherosclerosisA Alipour
Department of Internal Medicine, Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Atheroscler Suppl 9:39-44. 2008..Future studies are needed to find new methods in order to reduce selectively the postprandial inflammatory response...
- International Diabetes Federation guideline for management of postmeal glucose: a review of recommendationsA Ceriello
Clinical Science Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, Coventry, UK
Diabet Med 25:1151-6. 2008..The following review highlights the recommendations of the guideline, the supporting evidence provided and the major conclusions drawn. The full guideline is available for download at http://www.idf.org...
- Optimal timing for postprandial glucose measurement in pregnant women with diabetes and a non-diabetic pregnant population evaluated by the Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGMS)Kai J Buhling
Dept of Obstetrics, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Perinat Med 33:125-31. 2005..glucose occur?; (2) do non-diabetic pregnant women and pregnant women with diabetes have different postprandial glucose profiles?; and (3) what is the optimal time for postprandial glucose measurement rated according to clinical outcome?..
- New physiological effects of the incretin hormones GLP-1 and GIPMeena Asmar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 58:B4248. 2011..Finally, it was not possible to demonstrate any effect of GIP per se on net lipid metabolism in the splanchnic area either during fasting conditions or in combination with hyperinsulinemia and hyperglycemia...
- Plasma amino acid responses after consumption of beverages with varying protein typeTracey J Smith
Military Nutrition Division, U S Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Natick, MA, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 19:1-17. 2009..To examine how different proteins in a carbohydrate-protein beverage affect postprandial amino acid (AA), glucose, and insulin responses...
- Macronutrient intake and modulation on chylomicron production and clearanceDenis Lairon
INSERM, INRA, 1260, Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Atheroscler Suppl 9:45-8. 2008..Because most day-time is usually spent in a postprandial state, the link between dietary patterns and cardiovascular health or risk is clearly mediated by the secretion and clearance rates of chylomicrons in the circulation...
- HEPATIC METABOLISM OF DIET DERIVED LIPOPROTIENSALLEN COOPER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Remnants accumulate in the blood during the postprandial period implying that there are times when their removal becomes limiting...
- Dynamic regulation of hepatic SIK1 during fasting and feedingRebecca L Berdeaux; Fiscal Year: 2013..This cycle is reset during the postprandial period, during which SIK1 protein levels decline, thus allowing re- activation of CREB at the onset of the next ..
- Novel Glucagon Modulators and the Closed Loop SystemRubina A Heptulla; Fiscal Year: 2012..Amylin is the second beta cell hormone that is co-secreted with insulin. Amylin in the postprandial period reduces immediate postprandial hyperglycemia by suppressing glucagon and delaying gastric emptying...
- CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE AND POSTPRANDIAL LIPOPROTEINSHenry Ginsberg; Fiscal Year: 1992..eating diets low in total fat or high in polyunsaturated fat, only a few investigators have focused on the postprandial period as a potentially atherogenic state...
- KINETICS OF HUMAN POSTPRANDIAL LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMFrank Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2001..laboratory investigations to support the hypothesis that abnormalities in lipoprotein metabolism during the postprandial period promote atherosclerosis...
- Enzymatic deglycation of nonenzymatic glycation productsBenjamin Szwergold; Fiscal Year: 2006..in diabetes, especially during periodic episodes of extreme hyperglycemia, such as observed in the postprandial period, the process of nonenzymatic glycation proceeds unchecked and results, over time, in cumulative and ..
- Effect of glycemic index and obesity on postmeal lipemiaKathryn Silliman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this project will further the understanding of the interaction between triglyceride-rich lipoprotein particles and HDL during the postprandial period and the influence of dietary carbohydrate on the postprandial response.
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Leibel and Dr. Wardlaw, are experienced in basic and clinical research. They are easily accessible, enthusiastic about my projects, and will facilitate my transition to status as an independent investigator. ..
- ALPHA AND BETA CELL FUNCTION IN NORMAL AND DIABETIC MANJohn Gerich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further knowledge of the control of renal glucose release could therefore have therapeutic implications for this disorder and in people with liver and kidney disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Carbohydrate Metabolism in Late PregnancyMary Moore; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary studies in the pregnant dog model in fact suggest that multiple counterregulatory mechanisms are altered by pregnancy. ..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- New Therapeutic Targets in Pediatric Type 1 DiabetesRubina Heptulla; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A Run-to-Run Algorithm for Glucose RegulationLois Jovanovic; Fiscal Year: 2005..The exchange of personnel will be facilitated, allowing the student and post-doc supported on this project to work at both the institute and the university over the span of the project ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- EFFECT OF DIETARY LIPIDS ON THE FUNCTION OF CHYLOMICRONSByung Hong Chung; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Pediatric Type 1 diabetes: Intervention Trials With Glucagon SuppressorsRubina A Heptulla; Fiscal Year: 2010..Uses of exenatide and/or pramlintide provide us with potentially new tools to improve glycemic control in children and adolescents with T1 DM and thus reduce associated long-term microvascular complications of this debilitating disease. ..
- fMRI and Ghrelin in Obesity and Binge Eating DisorderAllan Geliebter; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may lead to improved diagnosis and treatments to help restore normal appetite hormone levels and brain activity in BED, a disorder which is increasing in prevalence alongside obesity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Post-Mi Exercise, Myocardial Remodeling and FunctionJohn Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Anatomic and Mechanical Variables of the EGJ in GERDJohn Pandolfino; Fiscal Year: 2006..These changes will improve diagnostic accuracy of pH monitoring and also help determine the relationship between anatomical and mechanical variants and acid reflux. ..
- Functional Brain Imaging and Appetite-Related Hormones Pre and Post Obesity SurgeAllan Geliebter; Fiscal Year: 2008..This may lead to improvements in the surgical procedures and to new insights into basic mechanisms that lead to obesity, which could provide the basis for new less invasive treatments. ..
- Chromium Effects in Imparied Glucose ToleranceDavid Katz; Fiscal Year: 2006..By contributing to knowledge related to potential diabetes prevention strategies, this study addresses one of the more pressing public health issues in the US today. ..
- STOMACH CAPACITY AND EMPTYING IN OBESITYAllan Geliebter; Fiscal Year: 2001..Body weight and composition will be assessed at the start and monthly. The studies may enhance knowledge of the etiology, pathophysiology, and treatment of BED. ..
- STRENGTH TRAINING FOLLOWING GASTRIC BYPASS FOR OBESITYAllan Geliebter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should improve understanding of surgical weight loss in morbidly obese patients and have clinical applications in the postoperative care of such patients. ..
- IVMT for Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Pilot StudyDavid Katz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of an effective, safe, inexpensive therapy for fibromyalgia would represent a great advance, and a major contribution to the public health. ..
- Galanin Control of Food Intake: Molecular, Neuroanatomical and Behavioral BasesEric P Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Identification of biomarkers of fatty acid intakeHannia Campos; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Sugar-sweetened Beverages and Weight Gain in ChildrenDavid Ludwig; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEONATAL CARBOHYDRATE INTAKE AND HEALTH AT 7-8 YEARSRakesh Sahni; Fiscal Year: 2003..Demonstration that significant changes in these variables are linked to early CHO intake would provide important evidence linking early nutritional practices and vulnerability to adult onset diseases. ..
- GENE-DIET INTERACTIONS AND HEART DISEASEHANNAI CAMPOS; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide the most complete data set to study numerous hypotheses relating genes, diet, and CHD, and could lead to specific targeted interventions for reducing the development of CHD. ..
- Popular Diets, Metabolism, and CVD RiskDavid Ludwig; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study should have major public health implications to the millions of Americans currently following diets to decrease body weight and risk for CVD. ..
- Aromatic amino acid metabolism in the pathogenesis of kwashiorkorFarook Jahoor; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacogenetics of Diabetes PreventionRichard Watanabe; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will help clinicians to avoid interventions that have a low probability of success in a given patient with T2DM. ..
- Urocortins Brain CRF2 Receptors and Energy BalanceEric P Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PERIPHERAL EFFECTS OF EXERCISE ON CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTHWilliam Kraus; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Home testing of 24/7 closed-loop control in children and adolescents with type 1Roman Hovorka; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will be preceded by evaluating 24/7 closed-loop control in compliant and non-compliant subjects in clinical research centre settings to collect data supporting regulatory submission for home testing. ..
- Reducing Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption in Overweight AdolescentsDavid S Ludwig; Fiscal Year: 2010..These results should have immediat public health application, and aid in the design of future, comprehensive obesity prevention interventions. ..
- HYPOTHALAMIC NEUROTRANSMITTER SYSTEMS & EATING BEHAVIORSarah F Leibowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..In summary, this grant tests the novel hypothesis that a high-fat diet itself can promote overeating and ultimately dietary obesity through a positive feedback loop involving circulating lipids, hypothalamic peptides and accumbens DA. ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF APOLIPOPROTEIN A-IVRichard B Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that these studies will provide new knowledge on the function of apo A-IV in the complex process of lipoprotein assembly relevant to the dietary control of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and obesity. ..
- Intraislet network control of glucagon secretionLEON FARHI; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Metabolic consequences of sickle cell anemiaMaciej Buchowski; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Risk of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes among Young FinnsJaakko Tuomilehto; Fiscal Year: 2005..The detailed epidemiological data obtained in this study will also lay a foundation for further research of etiological factors, genetic and environmental, predisposing to DMI and DM2 in this age group. ..
- A prospective study of diet and adult gliomasDominique Michaud; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study should contribute substantially to our understanding of the relation between diet and the risk of adult gliomas, and might provide opportunities for prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- MII to characterize reflux in Barrett's esophagusDonald Castell; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- DIETARY COMPOSITION, OBESITY, AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISKERNST SCHAEFER; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Chromium on Progression of Insulin ResistancePeter Havel; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies will provide valuable information for the design and implementation of new clinical studies examining the effects of chromium supplements in the management of metabolic syndrome in humans. ..
- Role of the CRF2 Receptor in Ingestive BehaviorEric Zorrilla; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies will address these questions as well to understand better the role of the CRF2 receptor in feeding behavior. ..
- Role of Exercise in the Endocrine Control of FeedingKatarina Borer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings from these studies will extend theoretical understanding of energy regulation and provide insight for improved weight-loss strategies in obese individuals. ..
- MATERNAL CONTROL FEEDING STYLE--EATING/OBESITY EFFECTSMyles Faith; Fiscal Year: 2002..In terms of long-term goals, the candidate will obtain the skills to successfully compete for advanced research programs (e.g., FIRST AWARD, RO-1) concerning environmental influences on child eating behavior and adiposity. ..
- Markers of normoglycemic remission in obese diabeticsGuillermo Umpierrez; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identifying such markers will facilitate and guide future therapeutic interventions and may identify patients at risk to develop chronic complications of diabetes ..
- Alcohol-Induced Regulation of Hepatic Protein SynthesisTHOMAS VARY; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DYNAMIC FEEDBACK CONTROL OF THE GH AXISLEON FARHI; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwJames Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, Dr. Stein will determine if these medications impair postprandial clearance of triglyceride-containing lipoproteins by assessing lipid and lipoprotein responses to an oral fat load. ..
- Epidemiology and Mechanisms of Fecal IncontinenceAdil Bharucha; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF NUTRIENT METABOLISM IN MALES AND FEMALESTRACY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will further our understanding of the metabolic basis for disease in males and females and begin to identify gender specific effects of interventions. ..
- MESA Family StudyKiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- DIET,APOPTOSIS AND COLON CARCINOGENESISJoanne Lupton; Fiscal Year: 2004..An understanding of how diet affects colon tumor incidence has important consequences for the design of clinical trials and for future dietary recommendations. ..
- Melatonin Supplementation in Hypertensive PatientsFRANK SCHEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, supplementation of suppressed nighttime melatonin levels may lead to a novel strategy in the treatment of essential hypertension. [unreadable]..
- Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatases and Insulin ActionKevin Jon Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009..Each of these aims will provide insight into novel regulatory mechanisms that may help identify new targets to enhance insulin sensitivity in common insulin-resistant states such as obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Gene Expression in Prediabetes: Potential Role of PGC-1MARY PATTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Age, Exercise, Diet: Effects on Insulin ResistanceJohn Kirwan; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Nutritional and Hormonal Determinants of Peak Bone MassMadhusmita Misra; Fiscal Year: 2008..The effects of estrogen in weight recovered vs. non-weight recovered AN will also be studied. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL MATRIX IN ATHEROGENESISKevin Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Food Rheology and Feeding in Lean and Obese HumansRichard Mattes; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HEDONICS AND DIETARY INTAKE OF FATRichard Mattes; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be explored through stable isotope tracer studies for Aim 3. The proposed work will hold important public health, clinical, commercial and basic biological implications. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Short Chain Fatty Acids on Colonic MotilityToku Takahashi; Fiscal Year: 2009..These results may provide a rational explanation as to how low concentrations of luminal SCFAs and stress contributes to the pathogenesis of diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). ..