Genomes and Genes
Summary: Unbroken cellular lining (intima) of the lymph vessels (e.g., the high endothelial lymphatic venules). It is more permeable than vascular endothelium, lacking selective absorption and functioning mainly to remove plasma proteins that have filtered through the capillaries into the tissue spaces.
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- Prox1 function is required for the development of the murine lymphatic systemJ T Wigle
Department of Genetics, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cell 98:769-78. 1999..These findings suggest that Prox1 is a specific and required regulator of the development of the lymphatic system and that the vascular and lymphatic systems develop independently...
- Vascular endothelial cell growth factor receptor 3-mediated activation of lymphatic endothelium is crucial for tumor cell entry and spread via lymphatic vesselsYulong He
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Res 65:4739-46. 2005..This indicates that complete blockade of lymphatic metastasis may require the targeting of both tumor lymphangiogenesis and tumor cell invasion...
- A chemokine expressed in lymphoid high endothelial venules promotes the adhesion and chemotaxis of naive T lymphocytesM D Gunn
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:258-63. 1998..nodes and Peyer's patches, in the T cell areas of spleen, lymph nodes, and Peyer's patches, and in the lymphatic endothelium of multiple organs...
- The beta-chemokine receptor D6 is expressed by lymphatic endothelium and a subset of vascular tumorsR J Nibbs
Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories, The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Rd, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD Scotland
Am J Pathol 158:867-77. 2001....
- Expression of the fms-like tyrosine kinase 4 gene becomes restricted to lymphatic endothelium during developmentA Kaipainen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, University of Helsinki, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:3566-70. 1995..Our results suggest that FLT4 is a marker for lymphatic vessels and some high endothelial venules in human adult tissues. They also support the theory on the venous origin of lymphatic vessels...
- Lymphatic endothelium: a new frontier of metastasis researchMarika J Karkkainen
Nat Cell Biol 4:E2-5. 2002..Recent developments have highlighted the importance of lymphatic ECs, and they could become the next focus for angiogenesis and metastasis research...
- Markers for the lymphatic endothelium: in search of the holy grail?J P Sleeman
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Toxikology and Genetics, D 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Microsc Res Tech 55:61-9. 2001..suggests that differences which could function as markers to allow discrimination between blood and lymphatic endothelium should exist...
- Thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) is expressed by lymphatic vessels and mediates cell adhesion to lymphatic endotheliumGiorgia Jurisic
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 316:2982-92. 2010..Together, these results identify Thy1 as a novel lymphatic vessel expressed gene and suggest its potential role in the cell adhesion processes required for tumor progression and inflammation...
- LPS-induced IL-6, IL-8, VCAM-1, and ICAM-1 expression in human lymphatic endotheliumYoshihiko Sawa
Department of Morphological Biology, Fukuoka Dental College, 2 15 1 Tamura, Sawara ku, Fukuoka, 814 0193, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 56:97-109. 2008..The signal transduction of NF-kappaB and AP-1-dependent pathway may be more critical for the expression of IL-6 and VCAM-1 than that of IL-8 and ICAM-1 in LEC...
- Lymphatic endothelium-specific hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1 is expressed by stabilin-1+, F4/80+, CD11b+ macrophages in malignant tumours and wound healing tissue in vivo and in bone marrow cultures in vitro: implications for the assessment of lymphangiogeneK Schledzewski
Department of Dermatology, Venerology, and Allergy, University Medical Centre Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Germany
J Pathol 209:67-77. 2006..prognostic parameter for several cancers that is preferentially quantified by immunohistochemistry of the lymphatic endothelium-specific hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1...
- Lymphangiogenesis and lymphangiodysplasia: from molecular to clinical lymphologyM H Witte
Department of Surgery, The University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5063, USA
Microsc Res Tech 55:122-45. 2001....
- A mechanism of sialylation functionally silences the hyaluronan receptor LYVE-1 in lymphatic endotheliumThomas D Nightingale
Medical Research Council, Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:3935-45. 2009..These results reveal unexpected complexity in the regulation of LYVE-1 function and raise the possibility that this receptor, like CD44, may become active after appropriate unmasking in vivo...
- The lymphatic endothelium of the avian wing is of somitic originJ Wilting
Anatomisches Institut II der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Germany
Dev Dyn 217:271-8. 2000..This shows that not only the blood vascular cells but also the lymphatic endothelial cells of the avian wing are born in the paraxial/somitic mesoderm...
- A role for lymphatic endothelium in the sequestration of recirculating gamma delta T cells in TNF-alpha-stimulated lymph nodesA J Young
Basel Institute for Immunology Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 30:327-34. 2000..with VCAM-1-expressing cells in TNF-stimulated lymph nodes, at least some of which appeared to be lymphatic endothelium. These data indicate that TNF-alpha is capable of altering the number and specificity of lymphocytes ..
- Mannose receptor is a novel ligand for L-selectin and mediates lymphocyte binding to lymphatic endotheliumH Irjala
MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Finland
J Exp Med 194:1033-42. 2001..In this work we have identified mannose receptor (MR) on human lymphatic endothelium and demonstrate its involvement in binding of lymphocytes to lymphatic vessels...
- The same endothelial receptor controls lymphocyte traffic both in vascular and lymphatic vesselsHeikki Irjala
MediCity Research Laboratory, Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Turku, Tykistokatu 6A, 20520 Turku, Finland
Eur J Immunol 33:815-24. 2003..molecule designated common lymphatic endothelial and vascular endothelial receptor-1 (CLEVER-1) on human lymphatic endothelium and high endothelial venules...
- The expression of E-selectin and chemokines in the cultured human lymphatic endothelium with lipopolysaccharidesYoshihiko Sawa
Department of Morphological Biology, Fukuoka Dental College, Japan
J Anat 212:654-63. 2008..vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 gene expressions in the lymphatic endothelium with lipopolysaccharides did not change at 0...
- Transcriptional profiling of VEGF-A and VEGF-C target genes in lymphatic endothelium reveals endothelial-specific molecule-1 as a novel mediator of lymphangiogenesisJay W Shin
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Blood 112:2318-26. 2008..We aimed to comprehensively identify downstream molecular targets induced by VEGF-A or VEGF-C in lymphatic endothelium by analyzing the time-series transcriptional profile of treated human dermal lymphatic endothelial cells (..
- Lymph heart musculature is under distinct developmental control from lymphatic endotheliumSara M Peyrot
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Division of Genetics, Genomics, and Development, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3204, USA
Dev Biol 339:429-38. 2010..and upon en1 knockdown, lymph heart muscle fails to develop, despite the normal development of the lymphatic endothelium of the lymph heart, and embryos develop edema...
- Inflammatory chemokine transport and presentation in HEV: a remote control mechanism for monocyte recruitment to lymph nodes in inflamed tissuesR T Palframan
Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 194:1361-73. 2001....
- Regulation of blood and lymphatic vascular separation by signaling proteins SLP-76 and SykFarhad Abtahian
Signal Transduction Program, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 299:247-51. 2003..These studies reveal a hematopoietic signaling pathway required for separation of the two major vascular networks in mammals...
- Hematopoietic stem cells contribute to lymphatic endotheliumShuguang Jiang
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e3812. 2008..the embryo, little is known about the role of circulating progenitors in the maintenance or development of lymphatic endothelium. Here, we investigated whether hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) have the potential to give rise to ..
- Inflamed lymphatic endothelium suppresses dendritic cell maturation and function via Mac-1/ICAM-1-dependent mechanismSimona Podgrabinska
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 183:1767-79. 2009..potent APCs, exit tissues via lymphatic vessels, but the mechanisms of interaction between DCs and the lymphatic endothelium and the potential implications of these interactions for immune responses are poorly understood...
- Dendritic cells adhere to and transmigrate across lymphatic endothelium in response to IFN-αAna Rouzaut
Center for Applied Medical Research, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Immunol 40:3054-63. 2010..Cultured lymphatic endothelium monolayers pretreated with TNF-α were used to model this phenomenon under inflammatory conditions...
- Lymphatic endothelium: an important interactive surface for malignant cellsRae H Farnsworth
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, P O Box 2008, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Australia
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 19:51-60. 2006..This review provides a synopsis of the recent data pertaining to the purification and culture of lymphatic endothelial cells, and the interaction of tumour cells with lymphatic endothelium.
- Effects of TNF-alpha on leukocyte adhesion molecule expressions in cultured human lymphatic endotheliumYoshihiko Sawa
Department of Morphological Biology, Fukuoka Dental College, 2 15 1 Tamura, Sawara ku, Fukuoka 814 0193, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 55:721-33. 2007..This suggests that the lymphatic endothelium has the TNF-alpha-induced signaling pathway, resulting in increased VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 expression to a ..
- Elevated expression of VEGFR-3 in lymphatic endothelial cells from lymphangiomasSusanne Norgall
Department Gene Regulation and Differentiation, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
BMC Cancer 7:105. 2007..We addressed this problem by profiling LECs from normal dermis and two children suffering from lymphangioma, and also compared them with blood endothelial cells (BECs) from umbilical vein, aorta and myometrial microvessels...
- Generation and characterization of telomerase-transfected human lymphatic endothelial cells with an extended life spanRiccardo E Nisato
Department of Morphology, University Medical Center, 1 rue Michel Servet, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 165:11-24. 2004..The production and characterization of hTERT-HDLEC will facilitate the study of the properties of lymphatic endothelium in vitro.
- Leukocyte adhesion molecule and chemokine production through lipoteichoic acid recognition by toll-like receptor 2 in cultured human lymphatic endotheliumYoshihiko Sawa
Department of Morphological Biology, Fukuoka Dental College, 2 15 1 Tamura, Sawara ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 333:237-52. 2008We have recently reported that the human lymphatic endothelium has toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-mediated lipopolysaccharide recognition mechanisms that induce the expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and vascular cell ..
- Monoclonal antibody D2-40, a new marker of lymphatic endothelium, reacts with Kaposi's sarcoma and a subset of angiosarcomasHarriette J Kahn
Department of Pathology, Women s College Campus, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mod Pathol 15:434-40. 2002..antibody to an Mr 40,000 O-linked sialoglycoprotein that reacts with a fixation-resistant epitope on lymphatic endothelium. We sought to establish the selectivity of D2-40 for lymphatic endothelium in normal tissues and compare ..
- Lymphatic invasion using D2-40 monoclonal antibody and its relationship to lymph node micrometastasis in pN0 gastric cancerT Arigami
Department of Surgical Oncology and Digestive Surgery, Field of Oncology, Course of Advanced Therapeutics, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Br J Cancer 93:688-93. 2005..We demonstrated a high incidence of micrometastasis and lymphatic invasion and a correlation between them even in pN0 gastric cancer. When planning less invasive treatment, the presence of such occult cancer cells should be considered...
- Mannose receptor (MR) and common lymphatic endothelial and vascular endothelial receptor (CLEVER)-1 direct the binding of cancer cells to the lymph vessel endotheliumHeikki Irjala
MediCity Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Turku University Central Hospital, Tykistokatu 6A, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Cancer Res 63:4671-6. 2003..lymphatic endothelial and vascular endothelial receptor (CLEVER)-1 in adhesion of malignant cells to the lymphatic endothelium, and analyzed their expression in two clinical series consisting of squamous cell cancers of the head and ..
- Genesis and pathogenesis of lymphatic vesselsMichael Jeltsch
Molecular and Cancer Biology Laboratory, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 8, Postbox 63, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Cell Tissue Res 314:69-84. 2003..Here, we give an overview of the structure, function, and development of the lymphatics, with special emphasis on the recently discovered lymphangiogenic growth factors...
- Lymphatic endothelium: morphological, molecular and functional propertiesMichael S Pepper
Department of Morphology, Unversity Medical Center, 1206, Genova, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 163:209-13. 2003..This overview highlights recent advances in our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the formation and function of lymphatic vessels...
- Lymphatic endothelial cells, inflammatory lymphangiogenesis, and prospective playersR C Ji
Department of Anatomy, Biology and Medicine, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Curr Med Chem 14:2359-68. 2007..Increased knowledge of LEC-specific modulators in inflammatory microenvironment is vital for prevention and treatment of lymphatic-associated diseases...
- Expression of D2-40 in lymphatic endothelium of normal tissues and in vascular tumoursM Fukunaga
Department of Pathology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Histopathology 46:396-402. 2005To evaluate the expression of D2-40 in normal lymphatic endothelium and vascular tumours or tumour-like lesions of the skin and soft tissue...
- Preexisting lymphatic endothelium but not endothelial progenitor cells are essential for tumor lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasisYulong He
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki, Helsinki University Central Hospital, and Institute of Biomedicine, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Res 64:3737-40. 2004....
- Production of two novel monoclonal antibodies that distinguish mouse lymphatic and blood vascular endothelial cellsTaichi Ezaki
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Anat Embryol (Berl) 211:379-93. 2006..immunoreactivity was strongly expressed on pinocytic or transport vesicle membrane in the cytoplasm of lymphatic endothelium. Besides endothelial cells, both antibodies also recognized some types of lymphoid cells...
- The CC chemokine thymus-derived chemotactic agent 4 (TCA-4, secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine, 6Ckine, exodus-2) triggers lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1-mediated arrest of rolling T lymphocytes in peripheral lymph node high endothelial venulesJ V Stein
The Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 191:61-76. 2000..This study also highlights a hitherto undocumented role for chemokines contained in afferent lymph, which may modulate leukocyte recruitment in draining PLNs...
- Comparison of the diagnostic accuracy of lymphatic endothelium markers: Bayesian approachEvangelos Evangelou
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
Mod Pathol 18:1490-7. 2005Tumor lymphatic density is evaluated by means of specific lymphatic endothelium markers, and is a potential predictor of clinically meaningful outcomes...
- Prox1 promotes lineage-specific expression of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor-3 in lymphatic endothelium: a role for FGF signaling in lymphangiogenesisJay W Shin
Cutaneous Biology Research Center and Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:576-84. 2006..Together, these results indicate that FGFR-3 is an initial target of Prox1 during the lymphatic cell fate specification and that FGF signaling may play an important role in lymphatic vessel development...
- Lymphatic endothelium in health and diseaseGiorgia Jurisic
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, HCI H390, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Tissue Res 335:97-108. 2009..This has also led to new insights into the role of lymphatic endothelium in a number of diseases, including primary and secondary lymphedemas...
- A new monoclonal antibody, D2-40, for detection of lymphatic invasion in primary tumorsHarriette J Kahn
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lab Invest 82:1255-7. 2002
- Cell traffic and the lymphatic endotheliumLouise A Johnson
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1131:119-33. 2008..Here we review the current knowledge of leukocyte trans-lymphatic endothelial migration and its role in the development of an immune response...
- The transcription factor Prox1 is a marker for lymphatic endothelial cells in normal and diseased human tissuesJörg Wilting
Anatomisches Institut, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
FASEB J 16:1271-3. 2002..VEGFR-3 and CD34 are less reliable markers for LECs and BECs, respectively, because exceptions from their normal expression patterns are found in pathologic tissues...
- Lymphatic endothelial reprogramming of vascular endothelial cells by the Prox-1 homeobox transcription factorTatiana V Petrova
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
EMBO J 21:4593-9. 2002..Furthermore, the data provide insights into the phenotypic diversity of endothelial cells and into the possibility of transcriptional reprogramming of differentiated endothelial cells...
- Degenerative changes in lymphatic endothelium of jirds infected with Brugia pahangiM Sakamoto
Department of Parasitology, University of Nagasaki, Japan
J Parasitol 74:731-4. 1988..The mean +/- SD diameter of vesicles in cells from lymphatic vessels at 10 mo after infection was significantly smaller (78.6 +/- 5.6 nm) compared to vesicles in uninfected vessels (87.5 +/- 9.7 nm)...
- Molecular biology and pathology of lymphangiogenesisTerhi Karpanen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, FI 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Annu Rev Pathol 3:367-97. 2008..Recently, several markers specific for lymphatic endothelium and models for lymphatic vascular research have been characterized, enabling great technical progress in ..
- Molecular characterization of lymphatic endothelial cellsSimona Podgrabinska
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16069-74. 2002..The molecular profile of lymphatic endothelium seems to reflect characteristic functional and structural features of the lymphatic capillaries...
- JAM-2, a novel immunoglobulin superfamily molecule, expressed by endothelial and lymphatic cellsM Aurrand-Lions
Department of Pathology, Centre Medical Universitaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:2733-41. 2001..Taken together, our results suggest that JAM-2 is a novel vascular molecule, which participates in interendothelial junctional complexes...
- VEGFR-3 and CD133 identify a population of CD34+ lymphatic/vascular endothelial precursor cellsPetri Salven
Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 101:168-72. 2003....
- Transmural flow modulates cell and fluid transport functions of lymphatic endotheliumDimana O Miteva
Institute of Bioengineering, Station 15, EPFL, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Circ Res 106:920-31. 2010....
- Generation and characterization of a mouse lymphatic endothelial cell lineMarina Sironi
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
Cell Tissue Res 325:91-100. 2006..The MELC line expressed molecules typical of lymphatic endothelium, including VEGFR3/Flt-4, podoplanin, Prox-1, and D6, but not LYVE-1...
- P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 mediates L-selectin-independent leukocyte rolling in high endothelial venules of peripheral lymph nodesNari Harakawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka Dental University, Hirakata, Osaka, Japan
Int Immunol 19:321-9. 2007..Taken together, these results indicate that the interaction of PSGL-1 with P-selectin constitutes a second mechanism of leukocyte rolling in the HEVs of peripheral LNs...
- D2-40 expression demonstrates lymphatic vessel characteristics in the dural portion of the optic nerve sheathRoberta E Gausas
Department of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:32-6. 2007..To investigate the presence or absence of lymphatic vessels in the human optic nerve by means of immunohistochemistry...
- Characterization of lymphangiogenesis in a model of adult skin regenerationJoseph M Rutkowski
Laboratory for Mechanobiology and Morphogenesis, Institute of Bioengineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Station 15, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1402-10. 2006....
- Impact of immunohistochemically identified lymphatic invasion on nodal metastasis in early gastric cancerAkihiro Sako
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Gastric Cancer 9:295-302. 2006..However, the diagnosis of Ly is subjective and often inaccurate because of the difficulty of detecting lymphatic vessels with conventional hematoxylin and eosin (HE) staining...
- New insights into the molecular control of the lymphatic vascular system and its role in diseaseLeah N Cueni
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Invest Dermatol 126:2167-77. 2006..development and the growth of lymphatic vessels (lymphangiogenesis), together with the discovery of new lymphatic endothelium-specific markers, have now provided new insights into the molecular mechanisms that control lymphatic ..
- Lymphangiogenesis and expression of specific molecules as lymphatic endothelial cell markersSeiji Kato
Division of MorphologicalAnalysis, Department of Anatomy, Biology and Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Oita University, Oita, Japan
Anat Sci Int 81:71-83. 2006....
- Lymphatic vasculature development: current conceptsGuillermo Oliver
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1131:75-81. 2008..Understanding these basic mechanisms of lymphatic development will improve our ability to diagnose, prevent, and ideally treat lymphatic disorders...
- The complexus adhaerens of mammalian lymphatic endothelia revisited: a junction even more complex than hitherto thoughtBettina Hämmerling
Division of Cell Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 324:55-67. 2006..e. structures that do not separate different tissues or cell layer compartments, suggests that such tight-junction molecules are involved in functions other than the "fence" and "barrier" roles of zonulae occludentes...
- Similarities and differences of human and experimental mouse lymphangiomasPhilipp Kasten
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
Dev Dyn 236:2952-61. 2007..The experimental mouse FIA model represents a vascularized oil-granuloma rather than a lymphangioma and reflects the complexity of human lymphangioma only partially...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-C and its receptor in invasive micropapillary carcinoma of the breastYu Sang Li
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Pathol Int 56:256-61. 2006..These findings suggest that VEGF-C promotes the proliferation of peritumoral lymphatic vessels and that lymphatic invasion and metastasis to lymph nodes are frequently induced in IMPC of breast...
- First year changes of myocardial lymphatic endothelial markers in heart transplant recipientsHans J Geissler
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Cologne, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:767-71. 2006....
- Pathogenesis of lymphangiomasSusanne Wiegand
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Philipps University of Marburg, Deutschhausstr 3, Marburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 453:1-8. 2008..Thus, further studies on the lymphangiogenesis and the development of lymphangiomas will have to clarify as to whether lymphangiomas are true malformations or neoplastic in nature...
- Significance of lymphangiogenesis as assessed by immunohistochemistry for podoplanin in patients with esophageal carcinomaYoshifumi Nakayama
Department of Surgery 1, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Yahata nishi ku, Kita Kyushu 807 8555, Japan
Anticancer Res 27:619-25. 2007..Podoplanin, a mutin-type transmembrane glycoprotein, specifically recognizes the lymphatic endothelium and is used as a lymphatic-specific marker...
- Lymphatic-specific expression of dipeptidyl peptidase IV and its dual role in lymphatic endothelial functionJay W Shin
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 314:3048-56. 2008..found that dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPPIV) mRNA and protein are much more strongly expressed by cultured lymphatic endothelium than by blood vascular endothelium that only expressed low levels of DPPIV in culture...
- Re: "D2-40 expression demonstrates lymphatic vessel characteristics in the dural portion of the optic nerve sheath"Gregor P Jaggi
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 23:504-5; author reply 505. 2007
- Lymphatic vasculature: a molecular perspectiveBrett Hosking
Lymphatic Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, London, UK
Bioessays 29:1192-202. 2007..In the context of the latest exciting findings, we review here the current understanding of the mechanisms of lymphatic development and contribution of lymphatic vessels to pathological conditions...
- Changes in regulatory molecules for lymphangiogenesis in intestinal lymphangiectasia with enteric protein lossRyota Hokari
Department of Internal Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:e88-95. 2008..VEGF-C, D, FOXC2, Prox 1, and SOX18 are known to play central roles in lymphatic development. We investigated the expression of regulatory molecules for lymphangiogenesis in the duodenal mucosa of idiopathic intestinal lymphangiectasia...
- Significance of pathological evaluation for lymphatic vessel invasion in invasive breast cancerMasahiro Ito
Department of Surgical Oncology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Breast Cancer 14:381-7. 2007..The aim of this study is to investigate the significance of LVI in invasive breast cancers, primarily using immunohistochemical lymphatic endothelial markers...
- VEGF-C induced angiogenesis preferentially occurs at a distance from lymphangiogenesisAndrew V Benest
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Department of Physiology, University of Bristol, BS2 8EJ Bristol, UK
Cardiovasc Res 78:315-23. 2008....
- Distinct molecular composition of blood and lymphatic vascular endothelial cell junctions establishes specific functional barriers within the peripheral lymph nodeFriederike Pfeiffer
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 38:2142-55. 2008....
- CCL21 expression pattern of human secondary lymphoid organ stroma is conserved in inflammatory lesions with lymphoid neogenesisAntonio Manzo
Rheumatology Unit, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 171:1549-62. 2007....
- Remodeling of airway walls in fatal asthmatics decreases lymphatic distribution; beyond thickening of airway smooth muscle layersMasahito Ebina
Respiratory Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer Tohoku University, Miyagi, Japan
Allergol Int 57:165-74. 2008..We hypothesized that increased smooth muscle bundles in the airway walls would disrupt airway lymphatics to impair airway clearance in these fatal asthmatics...
- VEGF-C alters barrier function of cultured lymphatic endothelial cells through a VEGFR-3-dependent mechanismJerome W Breslin
Department of Surgery, Division of Research, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 5:105-13. 2007The lymphatic endothelium is an important semi-permeable barrier separating lymph from the interstitial space. However, there is currently a limited understanding of the lymphatic endothelial barrier and the mechanisms of lymph formation...
- Growth hormone promotes lymphangiogenesisNadja Erika Banziger-Tobler
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Str 10, HCI H303, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 173:586-97. 2008..These results identify growth hormone as a novel lymphangiogenic factor...
- Discontinuous expression of endothelial cell adhesion molecules along initial lymphatic vessels in mesentery: the primary valve structureWalter L Murfee
Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0412, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 5:81-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the expression pattern of adhesion molecules at endothelial cell junctions in an adult initial lymphatic network...
- Lymphatic reprogramming of microvascular endothelial cells by CEA-related cell adhesion molecule-1 via interaction with VEGFR-3 and Prox1Nerbil Kilic
Internal Medicine, Department of Hematology Oncology Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Blood 110:4223-33. 2007..CEACAM1-induced signaling effects appear to be dependent on the presence of tyrosine residues in the CEACAM1 cytoplasmic domain...
- Investigation of intratumoural and peritumoural lymphatics expressed by podoplanin and LYVE-1 in the hybridoma-induced tumoursR C Ji
Department of Anatomy, Biology and Medicine, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, Oita, Japan
Int J Exp Pathol 88:257-70. 2007..These findings indicated that both ITLs and PTLs, including enlarged pre-existing and newly formed lymphatics, may play a crucial role in metastasis with an active tumour cell adhesion, invasion, migration and implantation...
- Lymph node involvement and lymphovascular invasion in deep infiltrating rectosigmoid endometriosisJean Christophe Noel
Department of Pathology, Erasme University Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 89:1069-72. 2008....
- Podoplanin expression in advanced-stage gastric carcinoma and prognostic value of lymphatic microvessel densityM Raica
Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Department of Histology, Timisoara, Romania
Neoplasma 55:455-60. 2008..In conclusion, our results suggest that LMVD predicts tumor stage and lymph node metastasis, and podoplanin-positive tumor cells select a subgroup of tumors with high potential of invasion and metastasis...
- The proepicardium delivers hemangioblasts but not lymphangioblasts to the developing heartJörg Wilting
Children s Hospital, Pediatrics I, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Dev Biol 305:451-9. 2007..5, indicating a contribution of immigrating lymphangioblasts to the cardiac lymphatic system. Our studies show that coronary blood and lymph vessels are derived from different sources, but grow in close association with each other...
- The sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1 causes tissue retention by inhibiting the entry of peripheral tissue T lymphocytes into afferent lymphaticsLevi G Ledgerwood
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Immunol 9:42-53. 2008..Thus, the increased sphingosine 1-phosphate present in inflamed peripheral tissues may induce T cell retention and suppress T cell egress...
- The second valve system in lymphaticsGeert W Schmid-Schönbein
Department of Bioengineering, The Whitaker Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0412, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 1:25-9; discussion 29-31. 2003..The primary valves, in conjunction with the secondary valves, provide a mechanism that facilitates the unidirectional flow during periodic compression and expansion of initial lymphatics...
- Lymphangioblasts in embryonic lymphangiogenesisJörg Wilting
Children s Hospital, Pediatrics I, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
Lymphat Res Biol 1:33-40. 2003The origin of the lymphatic endothelium, either from the venous system or mesenchymal lymphangioblasts, presents as a persistent controversy...
- [Lymphatic growth factors play a part in metastasis formation]Taija Makinen
Molekyyli ja syöpäbiologian laboratorio Biomedicum Helsinki ja Haartman Instituutti 00014 Helsingin yliopisto
Duodecim 118:2482. 2002
- Endothelial distribution of the membrane water channel molecule aquaporin-1: implications for tissue and lymph fluid physiology?Bren J Gannon
Microcirculation and Lymphology Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, and Center for Heart, Lung and Circulation Research, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia
Lymphat Res Biol 1:55-66. 2003..We investigated endothelial AQ-1 expression in rat intestine and mesentery, and also in lymph nodes...
- Development. Lymphatics make the breakRakesh K Jain
Edwin L Steele Laboratory of Tumor Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 299:209-10. 2003
- Prognostic significance of the intra-vessel tumor characteristics of invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast: a prospective studyTakahiro Hasebe
Pathology Division, The National Cancer Center Research Institute East, 6 5 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, 277 8577 Chiba, Japan
Virchows Arch 444:20-7. 2004..005). We conclude that apoptotic figures and mitotic figures in tumor cells in vessels are very important prognostic indicators for patients with IDC of the breast...
- Interstitial flow as a guide for lymphangiogenesisKendrick C Boardman
Chemical Engineering Department, McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan, Evanston, Ill 60208 3107, USA
Circ Res 92:801-8. 2003....
- Lymphatic muscle: a review of contractile functionEric A Bridenbaugh
Department of Medical Physiology, College of Medicine, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, Texas 77843 1114, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 1:147-58. 2003..This review summarizes the current body of lymphatic muscle research and addresses important questions that are currently unanswered...
- Transendothelial transport and migration in vessels of the apparatus lymphaticus periphericus absorbens (ALPA)Giacomo Azzali
Section of Human Anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Int Rev Cytol 230:41-87. 2003..ALPA lymphatic endothelium differs from the endothelia of conduction and flowing vessels (precollectors, prelymph nodal and postlymph ..
- Inflammatory triggers of lymphangiogenesisCarla Mouta
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 1:201-18. 2003..One possible explanation is that organ-specific histological and functional properties of the lymphatic endothelium gauge their response to death, survival, and proliferative factors...
- Prognostic value of lymphatic and blood vessel invasion in neuroendocrine tumors of the lungKatharina Schmid
From the Department Clinical Pathology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Surg Pathol 29:324-8. 2005..By immunostaining for podoplanin, specific for lymphatic endothelium, and CD34 antigen, we assessed lymphatic and blood vessel invasion in 120 tissue specimens of patients ..
- Insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 induce lymphangiogenesis in vivoMeit Bjorndahl
Laboratory of Angiogenesis Research, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15593-8. 2005..cornea assay, IGF-1 and IGF-2 induce lymphangiogenesis as detected with LYVE-1, a specific marker for lymphatic endothelium. Interestingly, IGF-1-induced lymphangiogenesis could not be blocked by a soluble vascular endothelial ..
- Molecular mechanisms of lymphangiogenesisT Makinen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute, Helsinki University Hospital, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 67:189-96. 2002
- Expression of cys-cys chemokine ligand 21 on human gingival lymphatic vesselsShin Ichiro Kuroshima
Department of Oral Health Science, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, N13 W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
Tissue Cell 36:121-7. 2004..These results may suggest that the expression of CCL21 is predominantly induced in the peripheral lymphatic endothelium of the uninflamed mucosal microcirculation, and that under inflamed conditions a reduction of CCL21 occurs ..
- Lymphatic vessels in vascularized human corneas: immunohistochemical investigation using LYVE-1 and podoplaninClaus Cursiefen
Department of Ophthalmology and Nikolaus Fiebiger Zentrum for Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2127-35. 2002To determine whether lymphatic vessels exist in vascularized human corneas, by using immunohistochemistry with novel markers for lymphatic endothelium.
- Differential expression of proteoglycans in tissue remodeling and lymphangiogenesis after experimental renal transplantation in ratsHeleen Rienstra
Immunology Section, Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e9095. 2010....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 (VEGFR-3): a marker of vascular tumors with presumed lymphatic differentiation, including Kaposi's sarcoma, kaposiform and Dabska-type hemangioendotheliomas, and a subset of angiosarcomasA L Folpe
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Mod Pathol 13:180-5. 2000..endothelial growth factor receptor 3 (VEGFR-3), a tyrosine kinase receptor expressed almost exclusively by lymphatic endothelium in the adult, has been shown to react with a small number of cases of Kaposi's sarcoma (KS) and cutaneous ..
- Glycosaminoglycans and Cell Traffic in the Lymphatic MicroenvironmentMark M Fuster; Fiscal Year: 2012..In both cases, unique chemokines (chemotactic cytokines) produced by the lymphatic endothelium play central roles in driving the respective transit of either immune cells or tumor cells...
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith A Varner; Fiscal Year: 2012..endothelial cell survival during lymphangiogenesis and subsequent tumor metastasis;that lymph node lymphatic endothelium promotes the homing, adhesion and extravasation of tumor cells by expressing key tumor cell ..
- The role of BMX in LymphangiogenesisDennis Jones; Fiscal Year: 2011..We plan to study the interactions between cancer cells, macrophages, lymphatic endothelium and the functional outcomes when Bmx is deleted in these cell types...
- Lymphatic Microenvironment: Altering Cell Traffic by Targeting GlycansMark M Fuster; Fiscal Year: 2013..In both cases, unique chemokines (chemotactic cytokines) produced by the lymphatic endothelium play central roles in driving the transit of either innate immune cells, such as dendritic cells, or tumor ..
- Molecular Targeting of Lymphatic Endothelial Receptors for Ligand-directed ImaginRENATA contact PASQUALINI; Fiscal Year: 2010..which will ultimately lead to receptor identification and provide a more complete molecular profile of the lymphatic endothelium and a basis for ligand-directed imaging...
- Genetic investigation of Notch signaling in lymphatic endotheliumMark L Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies are expected to contribute to the development of new ways to treat of lymphatic vascular diseases. ..
- Mechanisms of VEGF-A regulated tumor lymphangiogenesisSophia Ran; Fiscal Year: 2007..are: 1) transcriptional up- regulation of Ang-2, which subsequently increases expression of VEGFR-3 in lymphatic endothelium through Tie-2 activation; and 2) autocrine amplification of its own receptor in lymphatics, VEGFR-2, known ..
- Control of lymphatic vessel growth and development by plateletsMark L Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2013..We find that Podoplanin (PDPN), a cell surface protein expressed specifically by lymphatic endothelium, is required in a common pathway with SLP-76 during vascular separation...
- SYNDECAN FUNCTION IN ENDOTHELIAL CELLSMichael Simons; Fiscal Year: 2013..In preliminary studies we have demonstrated that both syndecans play a role in polarization of the lymphatic endothelium and formation of lymphatic valves...
- MECHANISMS INVOLVED IN LYMPHATIC CONTRACTILE ACTIVITYDavid Zawieja; Fiscal Year: 2000..endothelial-smooth muscle interactions will be investigated using techniques to inhibit and/or remove the lymphatic endothelium. Lymphatic contractions will be monitored using videomicroscopic techniques...
- THE ORIGIN AND FORMATION OF RENAL LYMPHCHARLES O MORCHOE; Fiscal Year: 1980..attention will be paid to the formation of renal lymph as revealed by morphological studies of renal lymphatic endothelium under control and experimental conditions...
- PROX 1 DURING MURINE CELLULAR DIFFERENTIATIONGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will further define the mechanisms and pathways involved in vertebrate cell differentiation, and should help to understand the role of Prox1 during this process. ..
- Massage Therapy for Breast Cancer-related LymphedemaMichael Bernas; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- 2007 Molecular Mechansims in Lymphatic Function & DiseaseGEERT SCHMID SCHOENBEIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..of primary and secondary lymphatic valve systems, metastatic chemoattraction between tumor cells and lymphatic endothelium, molecular biology of lymphatic disease and associated pathologies, and new therapeutic developments...
- 2006 Molecular Mechanisms in Lymphatic Function & Disease Gordon ConferenceGEERT SCHMID SCHOENBEIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..lymphatic developmental biology, tissue engineering of lymphatic networks, cytoskeletal structure of lymphatic endothelium, interstitial and membrane signaling mechanisms as well as lymphatic pathology, inflammation and tumor ..
- THE FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF SIX2 IN KIDNEY TUBULOGENESISGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- THE ROLE OF THE HOMEOBOX SIX3 IN HOLOPROSENCEPHALY/CYCLOPIAGuillermo Oliver; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Microvascular Injury and Pancreatic Enzyme ProductsGEERT SCHMID SCHOENBEIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the trigger mechanisms for inflammation in shock will lead to new treatment modalities in man. ..
- Bladder transcriptome in experimental inflammationRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Following target validation of SSH-selected genes, a custom array will be developed. This micro array will be used to determine how the bladder transcriptome is altered by BCG therapy. ..
- MID ATLANTIC PROSTATE CANCER BANKJan Orenstein; Fiscal Year: 2004..This resource will assure that investigators will obtain optimal research specimens with clinical-pathologic correlation for their studies. ..
- Regulation of endothelial permeability via rhoA/ROCKJEROME BRESLIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also investigate how rhoA/ROCK inhibition affects these PMN-stimulated changes. This study will greatly increase our understanding of endothelial barrier regulation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LPS-PEPTIDE INTERACTION IN BLADDER INFLAMMATIONRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2007..Information generated by this study should elucidate whether bladder inflammatory responses, regardless of etiology, occur via a common mechanism or whether the endpoints are specific for each stimulus. ..
- Anti-Angiogenesis/Drugs in Tumors--Bench /Bedside & BackRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2005..Attendance at this conference will provide an excellent opportunity for young investigators working on cancer to educate and familiarize themselves with the field of angiogenesis and the complexities of the system. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF ENDOTHELIAL CELL DIFFERENTATIONThomas Quertermous; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus, they can be used as an assay to study the mechanism of induction of features characteristic to lung capillary endothelial cells. ..
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF HUMAN HYPERTENSIONThomas Quertermous; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting synthesis of ideas and amassed data permits rigorous hypothesis testing not otherwise possible and will hasten understanding of the previously elusive genetic variation responsible for disease risk. ..
- Physiological Basis of Vascular ContractilityDavid Zawieja; Fiscal Year: 2006..These comparisons have not been made before and will significantly advance our understanding of the basis for the heterogeneity in vascular contractile function. ..
- Influences of Lymph Flow on the Lymphatic PumpDAVID CARL ZAWIEJA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally the answers to several more questions concerning the influence of changes in flow conditions in lymphatics are also still unclear. ..
- Initial Characterization of Pig HemangioblastsThomas Quertermous; Fiscal Year: 2002..Isolated cell populations will be adapted to culture. 2) To characterize the vascular and hematopoietic potential of the above isolated cell populations in vitro, and assess their self-renewing potential. ..
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis of L-Selectin LigandsSteven D Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding this mechanism may lead to new pharmacologic approaches for dampening eosinophil responses. ..
- Immuno-enhancement of skin patch anthrax vaccinationHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, this protocol may also be applied for skin-patch vaccines to other pathogens and tumor antigens. ..
- MICROVASCULAR CHARACTERISTICS OF DIABETES MELLITUSHAROLD BOHLEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Positive results will confirm that chronic insulin resistance predisposes the microvasculature to abnormalities of endothelial function. However, antioxidants and inhibition of beta II isoenzymes of PKC may protect endothelial function. ..
- Conference on Angiogenesis in Cancer and Other DiseasesRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting's synthesis of available information will be particularly thought-provoking for students and post- doctoral fellows. ..
- Endothelial Intracellular Signaling in AngiogenesisThomas Quertermous; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Microvascular Regulation During Intestinal AbsorptionHAROLD G BOHLEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..A substantial fraction of the NO in blood may be from NO loading in the small arteries based on their very high wall NO concentration and represents a new form of vascular regulation. ..
- Targeting Vasculogenesis and Interstitial Hypertension in Neurofibromatosis Type1Ugur Ozerdem; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Urothelial Cell Physiology in Normal and Disease StatesRicardo Saban; Fiscal Year: 2005..Scott-Hultgren (Washington U) will discuss the molecular basis of persistent bladder infections. The bladder cancer discussion will be chaired by Drs. Robert Hurst (Oklahoma U) and Jenny Southgate (U. York). ..
- ENHANCEMENT OF ANTI-TUMOR IMMUNOTHERAPIESHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The outcome may provide valuable information for improving the efficiency and clinical response of tumor immunotherapies. ..
- ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS: MECHANISMS OF ELICITATIONHui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..On a clinical level, the outcome of the proposal may lead to development of immunotherapeutic approaches for antigen specific desensitization of allergic contact dermatitis patients. ..
- Endothelial Basis of the Apelin-APJ PathwayThomas Quertermous; Fiscal Year: 2008..In vivo studies will be complemented with targeted in vitro studies designed to elucidate fundamental cellular functions that are initiated in endothelial cells by this pathway. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microvascular Permeability and SexVIRGINIA HUXLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Whole Genome Association for Early Coronary Artery Disease and Related PhenotypesThomas Quertermous; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identification of CAD susceptibility genes is potentially of tremendous value to public health because these efforts could change our ability to both diagnose and treat CAD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE ROLE OF IL-17 PRODUCING T LYMPHOCYTES IN ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS Hui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The outcome may provide information for new therapeutic strategies for inflammatory diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrative Biology of Tumor MetastasisRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we have the resources and the clinical collaborators in place to initiate a clinical trial based on our findings, as attested by our ongoing trial using a VEGF-specific antibody. ..
- Role of BMDCs in Solid Tumor Growth and RelapseRakesh K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our results will offer strategies for the inhibition of tumor relapse after radiotherapy by targeting molecular pathways that are critical for both angiogenesis and myeloid BMDC recruitment. ..