Genomes and Genes
Summary: The 20 teeth of the first dentition, which are shed and replaced by the permanent teeth, usually by the age of six years. All deciduous teeth are normally expected to erupt by the age of two and a half years.
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- The relationship between caries in the primary dentition at 5 years of age and permanent dentition at 10 years of age - a longitudinal studyM S Skeie
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Int J Paediatr Dent 16:152-60. 2006..Further, to examine the possibility of predicting children in a caries-risk group at 5 years verified at 10 years of age...
- In vivo studies on lead content of deciduous teeth superficial enamel of preschool childrenViviane Elisângela Gomes
Department of Community Dentistry, Dental School of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, CEP 13414 018, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Sci Total Environ 320:25-35. 2004..9 microm gave more reliable results for comparisons between groups. To our knowledge, this study is the first to use an enamel microbiopsy to characterize a large sample of young children in vivo for lead monitoring in teeth...
- The association between environmental tobacco smoke and primary tooth cariesJonathan D Shenkin
Boston University School of Dental Medicine, USA
J Public Health Dent 64:184-6. 2004..Environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) has been associated with a number of negative health outcomes for exposed children. The goal of this study was to assess the association between ETS and dental caries in a pediatric population...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 mRNA and protein during deciduous tooth resorption in bovine odontoclastsB Linsuwanont
Developmental Oral Health Science, Department of Orofacial Development and Function, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Bone 31:472-8. 2002..Although MMP-9 has been reported to play a role in bone resorption, the association of this enzyme during deciduous tooth resorption has not yet been clarified...
- Three-year clinical performance of glass ionomer cement in primary molarsJ Rutar
Oral Health Education Unit, Queensland, Australia
Int J Paediatr Dent 12:146-7. 2002
- Strong genetic control of emergence of human primary incisorsT E Hughes
School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, Frome Rd, Adelaide, Australia 5005
J Dent Res 86:1160-5. 2007..Estimates of narrow-sense heritability ranged from 82 to 94% in males and 71 to 96% in females...
- Survival of self-etch adhesive Class II composite restorations using ART and conventional cavity preparations in primary molarsEce Eden
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Ege University, School of Dentistry, Izmir, Turkey
Am J Dent 19:359-63. 2006..To test the null-hypothesis that there was no difference in the survival percentages of Class II composite restorations in primary teeth produced through either ART or conventional approaches after 2 years...
- Reconstruction of large cranial defects in nonimmunosuppressed experimental design with human dental pulp stem cellsAndré de Mendonça Costa
Departamento de Cirurgia Plástica e Queimaduras, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Craniofac Surg 19:204-10. 2008..Our findings suggest that hDPSC is an additional cell resource for correcting large cranial defects in rats and constitutes a promising model for reconstruction of human large cranial defects in craniofacial surgery...
- A feasibility of useful cell-based therapy by bone regeneration with deciduous tooth stem cells, dental pulp stem cells, or bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells for clinical study using tissue engineering technologyYoichi Yamada
Center for Genetic and Regenerative Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Tissue Eng Part A 16:1891-900. 2010This study investigated the effect of bone regeneration with dental pulp stem cells (DPSCs), deciduous tooth stem cells (DTSCs), or bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BMMSCs) for clinical study on hydroxyapatite-coated ..
- Clinical evaluation of chemomechanical caries removal in primary molars and its acceptance by patientsG M Maragakis
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Freiburg School of Dentistry, Freiburg, Germany
Caries Res 35:205-10. 2001....
- Removing dentine caries in deciduous teeth with Carisolv: a randomised, controlled, prospective study with six-month follow-up, comparing chemomechanical treatment with drillingJørgen Bergmann
Ryslinge Orbaek Community Dental Clinic, Orbaek Fyn, Denmark
Oral Health Prev Dent 3:105-11. 2005..Time consumption is significantly higher when excavating with Carisolv (6.7 min.) than with drill (3.3 min.). The durability of fillings six months after treatment is equal in the two groups...
- Isolation and characterization of a population of immature dental pulp stem cells expressing OCT-4 and other embryonic stem cell markersIrina Kerkis
Laboratorio de Genetica, Instituto Butantan, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cells Tissues Organs 184:105-16. 2006..The relative ease of recovery and the expression profiles of various markers justify further exploration of IDPSC for clinical therapy...
- Clinical evaluation of Carisolv in the chemico-mechanical removal of carious dentinA K Munshi
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, A.B. Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 26:49-54. 2001..The chemo-mechanical caries removal technique using Carisolv proved to be an effective atraumatic treatment modality with potential interest for use in clinical pediatric dentistry...
- Lead associated caries development in children living in a lead contaminated area, ThailandNattaporn Youravong
Epidemiology Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Hatyai, Songkhla, 90110, Thailand
Sci Total Environ 361:88-96. 2006..28 (95%CI, 0.81-2.04; p value=0.35) and 2.39 (95%CI, 1.36-4.20; p value=0.004), respectively. The cariogenicity of lead is evident in deciduous teeth but not in permanent teeth for this age group...
- Clinical investigation of two glass-ionomer restoratives used with the atraumatic restorative treatment approach in China: two-years resultsE C Lo
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Caries Res 35:458-63. 2001..To compare the clinical performance of two glass-ionomer cements, ChemFlex (Dentsply DeTrey) and Fuji IX GP (GC), when used with the atraumatic restorative treatment (ART) approach in China...
- The relationship between healthful eating practices and dental caries in children aged 2-5 years in the United States, 1988-1994Bruce A Dye
Analysis Branch, Division of Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 135:55-66. 2004..The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between caries in primary teeth and healthful eating practices in young children...
- The atraumatic restorative treatment (ART) approach for primary teeth: review of literatureR J Smales
University of Adelaide, South Austrailia
Pediatr Dent 22:294-8. 2000..The ART approach is readily accepted by children and has resulted in the retention of many teeth that would otherwise have been extracted...
- The atraumatic restorative treatment (ART) approach to restoring primary teeth in a standard dental clinicE Honkala
Department of Developmental and Preventive Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Int J Paediatr Dent 13:172-9. 2003..The aims of this study are to assess the feasibility of the Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) approach in primary teeth and to compare the ART approach with traditional amalgam restorations in primary molars...
- UK dentists' attitudes and behaviour towards Atraumatic Restorative Treatment for primary teethF J T Burke
School of Dentistry, University of Birmingham, St Chad s Queensway, Birmingham B4 6NN, UK
Br Dent J 199:365-9; discussion 353; quiz 372. 2005..Atraumatic Restorative Treatment (ART) was introduced a decade ago as a minimal intervention treatment for caries in unindustrialised countries, but UK general dental practitioners (GDPs) may also be using this technique...
- Stem cells from deciduous tooth repair mandibular defect in swineY Zheng
Salivary Gland Disease Center and the Molecular Laboratory for Gene Therapy and Tooth Regeneration, Capital Medical University School of Stomatology, Beijing, China
J Dent Res 88:249-54. 2009....
- Comparison of chemomechanical caries removal using Carisolv or conventional hand excavation in deciduous teeth in vitroLorenz Flückiger
Department of Operative, Preventive and Paediatric Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Dent 33:87-90. 2005..The purpose of the present study was to compare the efficacy of chemomechanical caries removal (Carisolv) to conventional hand excavation in deciduous teeth...
- Atraumatic perspectives of ART: psychological and physiological aspects of treatment with and without rotary instrumentsM C M Schriks
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Louwesweg 1, 1066EA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:15-20. 2003..No effect modification could be shown. It can be concluded that children treated according to the ART approach using hand instruments alone experience less discomfort than those treated using rotary instruments...
- A clinical evaluation of resin-based composite and glass ionomer cement restorations placed in primary teeth using the ART approach: results at 24 monthsNazan Kocatas Ersin
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Ege University, Bornova Izmir, 35100 Turkey
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1529-36. 2006....
- Longitudinal analysis of deciduous tooth emergence: II. Parametric survival analysis in Bangladeshi, Guatemalan, Japanese, and Javanese childrenD J Holman
Department of Anthropology and Population Research Institute, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 105:209-30. 1998..form of parametric survival analysis that incorporates exact, interval-censored, and right-censored times to deciduous tooth emergence...
- The prevalence of deciduous tooth wear in six-year-old children and its relationship with potential explanatory factorsDaniela Rios
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Maringa University Center CESUMAR, Bauru SP 17017 471, Brazil
Oral Health Prev Dent 5:167-71. 2007..To evaluate the prevalence and aetiological factors involved with wear of deciduous teeth...
- 90Sr in deciduous teeth from 1950 to 2002: the Swiss experienceP Froidevaux
Institute of Applied Radiophysics, University of Lausanne, Grand pré 1, CH 1007 Lausanne, Switzerland
Sci Total Environ 367:596-605. 2006..This paper emphasizes the necessity of a very high purity chemical separation of 90Sr or 90Y to determine 90Sr activity in milk teeth or other samples...
- [ART or conventional restorations? A final evaluation of proximal restorations in deciduous molars]G M van den Dungen
Afdeling Cariologie Endodontologie Pedodontologie, Academisch Centrum Tandheelkunde Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 111:345-9. 2004..6% (conventional) of the restorations were successful (no significant difference). There was a significant difference between the operators. If keeping the element until shedding is the only criterion, the success rate increased to 53...
- A novel technique using preformed metal crowns for managing carious primary molars in general practice - a retrospective analysisN P T Innes
Br Dent J 200:451-4; discussion 444. 2006..There is, however, a novel way of placing PMCs involving no local anaesthesia, no caries removal and no preparation of the tooth: the Hall technique...
- The use of school milk as a vehicle for fluoride in Knowsley, UK; an evaluation of effectivenessC E Ketley
Department of Clinical Dental Sciences, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Community Dent Health 20:83-8. 2003..To compare caries in children initially aged 3 to 5 years who had participated for four years in a fluoridated school milk programme with a group of children in a similar community drinking non-fluoridated milk...
- Clinical performance and SEM evaluation of direct composite restorations in primary molarsRegina Maria Puppin-Rontani
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Undergraduate Program, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba Dental School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Dent 19:255-61. 2006..To evaluate the clinical outcome of composite restorations performed in primary molars after 18 months and the morphology of the dentin/resin interface...
- Impact of caries experience in the deciduous molars on the emergence of the successorsRoos Leroy
Catholic University Leuven, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillofacial Surgery and Biostatistical Centre, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Oral Sci 111:106-10. 2003..In conclusion, when considering permanent tooth emergence ages, caries experience in the primary dentition should be taken into account...
- Intra-oral distribution of caries in South Australian childrenJason M Armfield
Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health, School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide, South Australia
Aust Dent J 51:268-71. 2006
- Pulpal therapy for primary teeth: formocresol vs electrosurgery: a clinical studyNancy Rivera
Facultad de Odontologia, Escuela de Odontologia, Universidad del Zulla, Maracaibo, Venezuela
J Dent Child (Chic) 70:71-3. 2003..However, electrosurgery had an advantage: it was faster to apply and dispensed with the use of formocresol. Further research is suggested, using larger samples and shorter evaluation periods...
- Prevalence pattern of dental caries in the primary dentition among school childrenS Saravanan
Rajah Muthiah Dental College and Hospital, Annamalai University
Indian J Dent Res 16:140-6. 2005..lower) revealed higher caries prevalence in Maxillary anterior teeth (P < 0.001) and Mandibular posterior teeth (P < 0.001). In both the sexes and arches, primary second molars showed higher caries prevalence...
- Evaluation of initial caries score and caries incidence in a public health sealant program: a retrospective studySonia K Makhija
Department of Diagnostic Sciences, University of Alabama School of Dentisty, Birmingham, USA
Pediatr Dent 28:420-4. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between: (1) children's caries score (dmft, DMFT) at the time of sealant placement; and (2) "success" (measured as being caries-free) of that tooth at follow-up visits...
- Conventional versus resin-modified glass-ionomer cement for Class II restorations in primary molars. A 3-year clinical studyS Hubel
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Paediatr Dent 13:2-8. 2003..To compare the clinical performance of two glass-ionomer cements (GICs)for Class II restorations in primary molars: a conventional cement (Fuji II) and a resin-modified cement (Vitremer)...
- Classification of dental caries patterns in the primary dentition: a multidimensional scaling analysisWalter J Psoter
Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY 10010, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:231-8. 2003..The purpose of this project was to identify patterns of caries in the dentition of preschool children using multidimensional scaling without a priori pattern delineation...
- Clinical evaluation of atraumatic restorations in primary molars: a comparison between 2 glass ionomer cementsJanaína Pereira De Lucena Menezes
Federal University of Sergipe Brazil, Aracasu
J Dent Child (Chic) 73:91-7. 2006..The restorations with Ketac-Molar had a better clinical performance than those with Vidrion R...
- Interproximal contact points and proximal caries in posterior primary teethPaul J Allison
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatr Dent 25:334-40. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the hypothesis that the risk of proximal caries in posterior primary teeth is higher when interproximal contact points are closed than when they are open...
- Aluminum concentrations in human deciduous enamel and dentin related to dental cariesToshiko Tanaka
Department of Surgery, Kyushu Dental College, Kokura kitaku, Kitakyushu 803 8580, Japan
J Trace Elem Med Biol 18:149-54. 2004..These findings indicated that the deciduous teeth containing higher Al concentrations on average had less caries than the teeth with lower Al concentrations, and suggest that Al acts as a possible cariostatic agent by itself...
- Lack of effect of fluoride releasing resin modified glass ionomer restorations on the contacting surface of adjacent primary molars. a clinical prospective studyN Kotsanos
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Periodontology and Implant Biology, Dental School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Paediatr Dent 5:136-42. 2004..This prospective, split mouth control study was planned to clinically evaluate shown short-term caries protection of glass ionomer cement on tooth enamel placed in contact to it, as a result of fluoride release...
- Clinical evaluation of a polyacid-modified resin composite under different conditioning methods in primary teethMelek D Turgut
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Oper Dent 29:515-23. 2004..Statistical analysis revealed no significant difference among each evaluation period between groups in regard to color match, marginal discoloration, marginal adaptation, secondary caries, surface texture, anatomic form and retention...
- Tooth-specific risk indicators for apical periodontitisLise Lotte Kirkevang
Department of Oral Radiology, Royal Dental College, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:739-44. 2004..Compared to first incisors, second incisors and canines had a significantly reduced risk, and molars, especially first maxillary molars, had a significantly increased risk for having AP...
- Microhardness of dentine underlying ART restorations in primary molars: an in vivo pilot studyB M Santiago
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Br Dent J 199:103-6. 2005..To evaluate the microhardness of dentine underlying glass ionomer restorations made with Atraumatic Restorative Treatment...
- Clinical effects of glass ionomer restorations on residual carious dentin in primary molarsRoger J Smales
The University of Adelaide Dental School, Adelaide, South Australia
Am J Dent 18:188-93. 2005..To evaluate the mineralization and morphology of residual (infected and affected) carious dentin following the restoration of vital primary molars with viscous glass-ionomer cement (GIC)...
- Prevalence of erosive tooth wear and associated risk factors in 2-7-year-old German kindergarten childrenA Wiegand
Department of Operative Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Oral Dis 12:117-24. 2006....
- Reasons for early loss of primary molarsGulsum Ak
Associate Professor, Istanbul University, Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine, Istanbul Turkey
Oral Health Prev Dent 3:113-7. 2005..The aims of this study were to investigate the principal reasons for untimely loss of primary molars and to evaluate the risk factors of early primary molar loss in children aged four to nine years...
- Prevalence and patterns of caries, rampant caries, and oral health in two- to five-year-old children in Saudi ArabiaManal I Al-Malik
Department of Transcultural Oral Health, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, University of London, United Kingdom
J Dent Child (Chic) 70:235-42. 2003....
- Colonization of Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sobrinus genotypes and caries development in children to mothers harboring both speciesB Lindquist
Department of Cariology, Faculty of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Caries Res 38:95-103. 2004..The groups of teeth first positive for the two species were the deciduous molars. The caries experience was low during the study period with 8 children showing no caries...
- General dental practitioners' views on the use of stainless steel crowns to restore primary molarsA G Threlfall
DH Research Training Fellow, Oral Health Unit, National Primary Care R and D Centre, Manchester University Dental School, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6LP, UK
Br Dent J 199:453-5; discussion 441. 2005..To ascertain general dental practitioners' views on the use of stainless steel (pre-formed metal) crowns to restore carious primary molars...
- Clinical evaluation of composite and compomer restorations in primary teeth: 24-month resultsFernanda Miori Pascon
Pediatric Dentistry Piracicaba Dental School, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Dent 34:381-8. 2006..This split-mouth, blind study evaluated the clinical performance of Dyract AP, F2000, and Heliomolar placed in primary molars of 30 children (mean age, 6 years and 2 months)...
- Advances in pediatric esthetic dentistryMark L Cannon
Northwestern University Medical School, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 24:34-9; quiz 62. 2003..TESCERA ATL restorations and prostheses were also evaluated for clinical effectiveness...
- Caries and fluorosis in 6- and 9-year-old children residing in three communities in IranH Meyer-Lueckel
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 34:63-70. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the caries and fluorosis prevalence among 6- and 9-year-old students in three communities in Iran with varying urbanization and fluoride in piped water...
- Caries status of children in eastern Trinidad, West IndiesAdenike A Adewakun
Oral HealthCare Solutions, Tunapuna, Trinidad, West Indies
Oral Health Prev Dent 3:249-61. 2005..To determine the prevalence, severity and caries burden among children residing in eastern Trinidad...
- Relationship between the presence of demarcated opacities and hypoplasia in permanent teeth and caries in their primary predecessorsEdward C M Lo
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Caries Res 37:456-61. 2003..To investigate the relationship between the presence of demarcated opacities and hypoplasia on permanent teeth and the caries status of the primary predecessor teeth in a cohort of Chinese children...
- In vivo effectiveness of laser fluorescence compared to visual inspection and radiography for the detection of occlusal caries in primary teethR O Rocha
Department of Stomatology, Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria, Brazil
Caries Res 37:437-41. 2003....
- [What is the relation between the presence of caries in the deciduous dentition and the chronology of the eruption of the permanent teeth?]Roos Leroy
Collaboratrice scientifique au Centre de Biostatistique de la KULeuven, Leuven
Rev Belge Med Dent (1984) 59:215-21. 2004..In conclusion, when considering permanent tooth emergence ages, caries experience in the primary dentition should be taken into account...
- Clinical performance of a compomer and amalgam for the interproximal restoration of primary molars: a 24-month evaluationM S Duggal
Child Dental Health, Child DentalHealth, Leeds Dental Institute, UK
Br Dent J 193:339-42. 2002..To evaluate the clinical performance of a compomer material (Dyract) in comparison with dental amalgam (Contour) for management of proximal caries in primary molars in young children...
- Caries prevalence in primary teeth as a predictor of early fissure caries in permanent first molarsM Raadal
Department of Pedodontics, University of Bergen, Norway
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 20:30-4. 1992....
- The oral health of children with clefts of the lip, palate, or bothJ R Chapple
Dental Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, United Kingdom
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 38:525-8. 2001..These assessments not only provide a baseline on oral health parameters in young people with clefts but underline the need for a more aggressive approach to prevention of oral disease to optimize clinical outcome...
- Indirect pulp capping in the primary dentition: a 4 year follow-up studyJuliana J Marchi
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Clin Pediatr Dent 31:68-71. 2006..Evaluate clinical and radiographic changes in primary teeth submitted to indirect pulp capping (IPC) over a 48-month-period...
- Compomers as Class II restorations in primary molarsL C Gross
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Ohio State University College of Dentistry, USA
Pediatr Dent 23:24-7. 2001..The low failure rate, even in a population with a high caries increment, suggests that compomers are a suitable alternative to amalgam or other, tooth-colored materials when used as class II restorations in primary teeth...
- A flow cytometric analysis of the biodefensive response of deciduous tooth pulp to carious stimuli during physiological root resorptionSule Simşek
Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Ankara, Dis Hekimligi Fakultesi, Pedodonti Anabilim Dali, 06500 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Oral Biol 50:461-8. 2005The present study observed biodefensive responses of deciduous tooth pulp to advancing caries lesions and analysed the role of physiological root resorption on pulpal defense potential...
- Three-year survival of single- and two-surface ART restorations in a high-caries child populationM C M van Gemert-Schriks
Department of Cariology Endodontology Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Universiteit van Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit, Louwesweg 1, 1066 EA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Oral Investig 11:337-43. 2007....
- Grey levels and radiolucent lesion depth as cavity predictors for approximal dentin caries lesions in primary teethA A S Mariath
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 36:377-81. 2007..This study investigated grey levels and radiolucent lesion depth as cavity predictors for approximal dentin caries lesions in primary teeth...
- The prescription and outcomes of fissure sealants applied to a group of high caries risk children by general dental practitioners working in the North West of EnglandM Tickle
Oral Health Unit, National Primary Care Research and Development Centre, School of Dentistry, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Community Dent Health 24:135-9. 2007..To describe the use and outcomes of fissure sealants applied to the first permanent molars (FPMs) of children with high caries risk...
- Common dental conditions associated with dental erosion in schoolchildren in AustraliaStauros Kazoullis
School of Dentistry, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Pediatr Dent 29:33-9. 2007..The purpose of the investigation was to determine factors associated with dental erosion in a group of schoolchildren in Queensland, Australia...
- Long-term predictive value of salivary microbial diagnostic tests in childrenP S H Ollila
Dept Pedodontics, Cariology and Endodontics, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 9:25-30. 2008....
- Prevalence of noncavitated and cavitated carious lesions in a group of 5-year-old Turkish children in Kadikoy, IstanbulS S Kuvvetli
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:158-63. 2008..The present study aimed to assess the prevalence of noncavitated and cavitated caries lesions in a group of five year old Turkish children...
- The occurrence of dental pain and extractions over a 3-year period in a cohort of children aged 3-6 yearsM Tickle
School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Public Health Dent 68:63-9. 2008..To describe the occurrence of dental pain and extractions in young children in relation to the caries and restoration history of their primary molar teeth...
- Prediction of the need for bitewing radiography in detecting caries in the primary dentitionF J Roeters
Department of Cariology and Endodontology, TRIKON, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 22:456-60. 1994..It is suggested that these risk factors be used in the timing of bitewing radiography in children with a primary dentition...
- Clinical performance of resin-modified glass ionomer cement restorations in primary teeth. A retrospective evaluationT P Croll
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental School, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 132:1110-6. 2001..Therefore, dentists have a proven alternative to silver amalgam and resin-based composite for primary tooth restoration...
- Caries experience in 3-7 year-old children in Haryana (India)S Tewari
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, Govt. Dental College, Rohtak
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 19:52-6. 2001..73 and mean dmft per affected child was 2.37. Assessment regarding oral hygiene habits depicted that only 3% of children cleaned their teeth once a day with tooth brush and tooth paste...
- Erosion, caries and rampant caries in preschool children in Jeddah, Saudi ArabiaManal I Al-Malik
Department of Transcultural Oral Health, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, University of London, London, UK
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 30:16-23. 2002..The objective of this study was to determine the prevalence of dental erosion in preschool children in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and to relate this to caries and rampant caries in the same children...
- Iatrogenic damage to the adjacent surfaces of primary molars, in three different ways of cavity preparationM Lenters
Department of Cariology, Endodontology, Pedodontology, Academic Centre of Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 7:6-10. 2006....
- The influence of restorative treatment approaches and the use of local analgesia, on the children's discomfortJ A van Bochove
Department of Cariology, Endodontology, Pedodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Louwesweg 1, 1066 EA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 7:11-6. 2006..The aim is to investigate possible differences in discomfort during treatment with the atraumatic restorative treatment (ART) or the Conventional restorative method with and without local analgesia (LA)...
- Risk factors for dental erosion in 5-6 year old and 12-14 year old boys in Saudi ArabiaIbrahim Al-Majed
Department of Child Dental Health, Dental School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4BW, United Kingdom
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 30:38-46. 2002..The prevalence of dental erosion was assessed using diagnostic criteria similar to those employed in the 1993 UK National Survey of Child Dental Health...
- Risk indicators for early childhood caries in TaiwanAileen I Tsai
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Linkou Medical Center, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 34:437-45. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the prevalence, patterns, and etiological factors for caries in children...
- Flowable resin composite as a class II restorative in primary molars: A two-year clinical evaluationIngrid Andersson-Wenckert
Department of Odontology, Pediatric Dentistry, Umea University, Sweden
Acta Odontol Scand 64:334-40. 2006..To evaluate the clinical durability of flowable resin composite and resin-modified glass ionomer cement when used as class II restoratives in primary molars...
- The fate of the carious primary teeth of children who regularly attend the general dental serviceM Tickle
Dental Public Health Dental Hospital of Manchester, Manchester University
Br Dent J 192:219-23. 2002..To describe the care and resultant outcomes of the carious primary teeth of children who regularly attend the General Dental Service (GDS)...
- Ultrastructural and microbiological analysis of the dentin layers affected by caries lesions in primary molars treated by minimal interventionDenise Stadler Wambier
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Ponta Grossa, Ponta Grossa, Brazil
Pediatr Dent 29:228-34. 2007..The purpose of this in vivo study of primary teeth was to analyze the ultrastructure and microbiology of dentin layers affected by caries lesions before and after restorations with resin-modified glass ionomer...
- Predicting caries in permanent teeth from caries in primary teeth: an eight-year cohort studyY Li
Department of Basic Science and Craniofacial Biology, New York University College of Dentistry, 345 E 24th Street, New York, NY 10010 4086, USA
J Dent Res 81:561-6. 2002..4-4.7; p < 0.001). Caries on primary molars had the highest predictive value (85.4%). This study demonstrates that caries status in the primary teeth can be used as a risk indicator for predicting caries in the permanent teeth...
- Chemomechanical caries removal in children: an operator's and pediatric patients' responsesMarita R Inglehart
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 138:47-55. 2007....
- Determination of some cationic species in temporary teethElias Burguera
Faculty of Odontology Department of Preventive and Social Odontology, Los Andes University, P O Box 542, Merida 5101 A, Venezuela
J Trace Elem Med Biol 16:103-12. 2002..While the positive association might indicate competition for anionic groups or similar affinity for the same sites in the crystalline structure, the negative correlations showed possible substitutions among the elements...
- Profile of subgingival microbiota in children with mixed dentitionJ J Kamma
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
Oral Microbiol Immunol 15:103-11. 2000..corrodens and Fusobacterium nucleatum were associated with non-bleeding permanent and deciduous teeth whereas Streptococcus intermedius, C. concisus, P. intermedia and P. loescheii were associated with bleeding...
- Profile of subgingival microbiota in children with primary dentitionJ J Kamma
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
J Periodontal Res 35:33-41. 2000..micros, Pseudoramibacter alactolyticus, Eikenella corrodens and F. nucleatum were associated with non-bleeding sites while S. intermedius, C. concisus, P. intermedia and P. loescheii were found more frequently in bleeding sites...
- [Results of 30 children treated under dental general anesthesia in pediatric dentistry]Xu Chen
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, China Medical University Shenyang 110002, Liaoning Province, China
Shanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue 17:591-4. 2008..To determine the age and sex characteristics of the children and type of dental procedures performed under dental general anesthesia (DGA) and to assess the results after six months to one year's follow-up...
- Evaluation of antimicrobial efficacy of various root canal filling materials used in primary teeth: a microbiological studyS Reddy
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Govt Dental College and Hospital Afzalgunj, Hyderabad 555512 Andhra Pradesh, India
J Clin Pediatr Dent 31:193-8. 2007..ZOE+FC produced strong inhibtion against most bacteria when compared to ZOE, ZO+CP and CAOH+H2O. Metapex and Vaseline were found to be non inhibitory..
- Altered inorganic composition of dental enamel and dentin in primary teeth from girls with Turner syndromeSara Rizell
Department of Orthodontics, Institute of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Oral Sci 118:183-90. 2010..Low values of carbon were the most critical attributes for the outcome TS. The conclusion was that impaired expression of the X-chromosome has an impact on dental hard tissue formation...
- Enamel hypoplasia in the deciduous teeth of great apes: variation in prevalence and timing of defectsJ R Lukacs
Department of Anthropology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1218, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 116:199-208. 2001..Factors influencing intergroup variation in prevalence of enamel defects and their distribution on the canine crown, including physiological stress and interspecific dento-gnathic morphological variation, are evaluated...
- The effect of erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet laser etching on marginal integrity of a resin-based fissure sealant in primary teethElif Sungurtekin
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, 8 Cad 82 Sok, Emek, 06510, Ankara, Turkey
Lasers Med Sci 25:841-7. 2010..05). It was concluded that Er,Cr:YSGG laser etching did not eliminate the need for acid etching. When combined with acid etching, Er,Cr:YSGG laser seems to be as effective as conventional acid etching...
- Effect of etching agent on dentinal adhesive interface in primary teethR M Rontani
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, University of Campinas, Av Limeira, 901, Piracicaba 13414 018 SP, Brazil
J Clin Pediatr Dent 24:205-9. 2000..The samples showed total removal of the smear layer and no gaps were observed in the dentin/adhesive interface...
- Patterns of dental enamel defects at ancient Mendes, EgyptN C Lovell
Department of Anthropology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H4, Canada
Am J Phys Anthropol 110:69-80. 1999....
- Cellular events at the onset of physiological root resorption in rabbit deciduous teethN Sahara
Department of Oral Histology, Matsumoto Dental University, Shiojiri, Nagano, Japan
Anat Rec 264:387-96. 2001..not erupted yet, and no TRAP-positive cell could be found surrounding the tissue adjacent to the root of the deciduous tooth. TRAP-positive mononuclear cells were initially detected in the coronal portion of the dental follicle of the ..
- [Dental caries in schoolchildren from a northwestern community of Mexico with mixed dentition, and some associated clinical, socioeconomic and socio-demographic variables]Juan José Villalobos-Rodelo
Facultad de Odontología de la Universidad Autónoma de Sinaloa
Rev Invest Clin 59:256-67. 2007....
- Enamel hypoplasia in deciduous teeth of great apes: do differences in defect prevalence imply differential levels of physiological stress?J R Lukacs
Department of Anthropology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403 1218, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 110:351-63. 1999..The size, position, and timing of LHPC lesions are currently under analysis and may yield more insight into the etiological origin of this enamel defect...
- Considerations for the direct pulp capping procedure in primary teeth: a review of the literatureH M Kopel
University of Southern California, School of Dentistry, Los Angeles
ASDC J Dent Child 59:141-9. 1992..Surely the evidence presented leading to the feasibility of direct pulp capping in primary teeth merits further investigations, before dogmatically rejecting this procedure of pulp therapy...
- Effects of fluoride treatment on phosphoric acid-etching in primary teeth: an AFM observationSamjin Choi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Micron 41:498-506. 2010..005, n=9). We suggest that primary teeth etching 2 weeks after APF pre-treatment used clinically in pediatric hospitals may be effective to obtain properly etched enamel surfaces...
- [Natal teeth: apropos of five cases]K El Khatib
Service de Chirurgie Plastique and Stomatologie, hôpital militaire d instruction Mohamed V, Rabat, Maroc
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 106:325-7. 2005..The aim of this study, based on 5 cases, is to present clinical and structural characteristics, etiology, management techniques, complications and a review of the literature for natal teeth...
- A systematic review of clinical diagnostic criteria of early childhood cariesA I Ismail
School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1078, USA
J Public Health Dent 59:171-91. 1999..The acronym S-ECC as used in this paper refers to nursing caries, baby bottle tooth decay, rampant caries, labial caries, maxillary anterior caries, and other terms used to refer to severe dental caries in preschool children...
- Deciduous tooth crown size and asymmetry in strabismic childrenT Heikkinen
Department of Oral Development and Orthodontics, University of Oulu, Finland
Orthod Craniofac Res 5:195-204. 2002To explore deciduous tooth crown dimensions in strabismic children and the relationship between the type of strabismus and tooth crown mesio-distal (M-D) and labio-lingual (L-L) size asymmetries.
- Clinical , Mechanical and Chemical Evaluation of Amalgam and ART RestorationsLilliam Marie Pinzon; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Stem Cell Based Therapy for Regenerative Endodontics George T J Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, a subsequent human trial may be carried out in the future and its success will promise a reduced need of traditional aggressive root canal therapies. ..
- The use of patient-specific iPS cells to identify osteoclast defects in CMDI Ping Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Patient-Reported Oral Health Outcomes Measurement Information SystemHonghu Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 ..
- Caregiver Illness Perception and Childs Early Childhood Caries StatusMary Beth Slusar; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Dental outcomes in Fibrous Dysplasia/McCune Albright SyndromeSunday O Akintoye; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Neurologic function in children exposed to ambient manganeseDonald R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be the first study on Mn neurotoxicity in children supported by a profound characterization of environmental Mn exposure levels. ..
- Center for Children's Environmental Health ResearchBrenda Eskenazi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our ultimate goal is to translate research findings into sustainable strategies to reduce pesticide and other exposures to children, thus reducing the incidence of environmentally-related disease. ..
- New Faculty Development for Research to Reduce Oral Health DisparitiesJane A Weintraub; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Tooth pulp as a source for neuronal precursor cells to study neurogenetic disordeLawrence T Reiter; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- PREVENT TRANSMIS OF MUTANS STREPTOC FR MOTHER TO CHILDWalter Bretz; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BIOMECHANISMS OF TOOTH ERUPTION,RESORPTION & REPLACEMENTZEEV DAVIDOVITCH; Fiscal Year: 1993..The audience will consist of about 240 individuals. The conference's proceedings will be published and distributed to all participants, and to every dental school library in the world...
- Early Life Environmental Toxicant Exposure and Oral HealthManish Arora; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed training and career development will enable Dr. Arora to become an independent investigator and position him to play a leadership role in the field of environmental dentistry. ..
- OSTEOGENIC AND IMMUNOMODULATORY PROPERTIES OF DECIDUOUS TOOTH STEM CELLSSongtao Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Early Life Environmental Toxicant Exposure and Oral HealthManish Arora; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed training and career development will enable Dr. Arora to become an independent investigator and position him to play a leadership role in the field of environmental dentistry. ..
- Childhood health disparities: exploration of prenatal exposures in primary teethAndrea E Cassidy-Bushrow; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Off-the-shelf Dental Regeneration TechnologiesSUSAN FU; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Statistical Methods for Complex Dependent Dental DataDavid Todem; Fiscal Year: 2006..A key goal of this statistical study is to improve our ability to design, analyze, and interpret complex dependent data generated from clinical trials and epidemiologic studies in dental research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BioPulp: Bioengineeering approaches for dental pulp regenerationSUSAN FU; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our preliminary data demonstrate that endodontically treated human teeth are recellularized and revascularized in vivo. We have designed interdisciplinary approaches with a strong potential to regenerate dental pulp in human teeth. ..
- A LONGITUDINAL STUDY OF LEAD EXPOSURE AND DENTAL CARIESGene Watson; Fiscal Year: 2003..dental caries and ruling out alternative explanations; 2) Assessing the utility of permanent tooth enamel, deciduous tooth enamel, deciduous tooth dentin and supragingival plaque as biomarkers for lead exposure using microanalytic ..
- The biology of striae of Retzius in human tooth enamelRebecca Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EARLY EXPOSURE TO LEAD AND ADOLESCENT DEVELOPMENTKim Dietrich; Fiscal Year: 1999..of approximately 300 subjects has been followed since 1980 with regularly scheduled assessments of blood lead concentration, deciduous tooth lead concentration, health history, sociohereditary factors, and neurobehavioral development.
- PREVENT MATERNAL TRANSMISSION OF STREPTOCOCCUS MUTANSPAGE CAUFIELD; Fiscal Year: 1990..Because S. mutans is closely associated withdental caries in humans, prevention of transmission of this organism to susceptible infants may offer a useful approach to preventing the disease...
- Oral Health Outcomes of Early Childhood MalnutritionWalter Psoter; Fiscal Year: 2006..Given the universality of PEM pathophysiology, this study's findings will be generalizable to subsets of U.S. children having 9 oral health disparities. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Michigan Oral Cancer Prevention NetworkAmid Ismail; Fiscal Year: 2003..By the end of the 3rd year, or earlier, the MOPCN would be ready to plan and implement community-based intervention studies...
- International Caries Detection and Assessement SystemAmid Ismail; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finding of the workshop will be used in a second workshop, to be organized by Dr. George Stookey, which will focus on the design of caries clinical trials and new diagnostic technology. ..
- Planning Grant for Xylitol Trial in Caries-Active AdultsJames Bader; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Effects/Prenatal Alcohol Exposure/Dermatoglyphic TraitsDARRYL HOLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..This would enable mapping of the periods of development most sensitive to prenatal alcohol exposure. ..
- C. albicans From HIV+ Individuals&its Role in Drug resisKaaren Vargas; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the long-term, I would like to make significant contributions to science in the area of antifungal drug resistance. It is an exciting area of research and I feel strongly that I have the motivation to accomplish this goal. ..
- Improving Clinical Outcomes for Early Chilhood CariesRobert Berkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Longitudinal study of caries in a rural WIC populationJohn Warren; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data from this pilot study will be of great value and will position the study team to effectively conduct future intervention studies to reduce oral health disparities. ..
- Longitudinal Study of Fluoride, Diet, Caries & FluorosisSteven Levy; Fiscal Year: 2008..As studies involving recruitment and successful retention of a cohort from birth are extremely rare, the Iowa Fluoride Study offers a unique opportunity to study these relationships in unprecedented detail. ..
- Stem Cell Based Soft Tissue ReconstructionJeremy J Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010..An interdisciplinary team of biomedical engineers, biologists, biomaterial scientists, imaging scientists and surgical consultants have been assembled to meet the challenges of realizing our goals. ..
- COST AND OUTCOMES OF TWO PROTOCOLS FOR DENTAL SEALANTSStephen Eklund; Fiscal Year: 2001..A total of 1,000 children are being enrolled over a three-year period, and will be followed for an additional two years, in order to evaluate the clinical outcomes and resource requirements for the two alternatives. ..
- Florida Model for Oral Cancer Control, Phase IScott Tomar; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Clinical Models Workshop:Remin-Demin, Precavity, CariesGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2005..The meeting will be held on July 3-5, 2005 in the Downtown Marriott Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana, immediately prior to the annual ORCA (European Organization for Caries Research) meeting. ..
- Oral Health and Quality of Life in ChildrenMARITA INGLEHART; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GBS: Epidemiologic Characterization for Gene DiscoveryBetsy Foxman; Fiscal Year: 2007..A better understanding of the molecular epidemiology and the identification of new GBS virulence genes will facilitate the discover of new therapies and prevention strategies for GBS disease. ..
- PREVENTION OF EARLY CHILDHOOD CARIES IN MEDICAL PRACTICER Rozier; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will do a limited assessment of the cost pe oral health- related quality of life. ..
- Social Ordering and Mental/Physical Health in ChildrenW Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Stem Cell-Driven Regeneration of the Mandibular JointJeremy Mao; Fiscal Year: 2006..The anticipated findings may have implications in the ultimate fabrication of functional, tissue-engineered human mandibular condyles using autologous human stem cells for clinical implantation. ..
- Oramelts with DGL: Treatment of Minor RAUMichael Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these claims are verified in clinical trials, Orahealth Corporation will take the product to market, providing health benefits to the 20% of people who suffer from minor recurrent aphthous ulcers. ..
- The Effectiveness of Treatment for Adult PeriodontitisPhilippe Hujoel; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information can help determine in what area of periodontal research definitive clinical trials may offer the greatest contribution. ..
- THE GENOTYPE AND PHENOTYPE AMELOGENESIS IMPERFECTAJohn Wright; Fiscal Year: 2004..Knowledge of the molecular determinants of morphogenesis and tissue formation will allow novel and more effective treatments and more accurate diagnosis of the diverse hereditary conditions affecting teeth. ..
- Optically enhanced dental sealants to indicate placement and material conditionGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] 3) An optically doped sealant combines the efficacy advantages of a clear sealant with the visibility advantages of an opaque sealant. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- S MUTANS--CHARACTERIZATION OF ITS MUTACIN ANTIBIOTICPAGE CAUFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TRADITIONAL & MEDICAL MODELS OF PERIODONTAL CARERichard Niederman; Fiscal Year: 2005..These points argue for a direct comparison of the medical and traditional model of care. ..
- Dystonia in an Animal Model of KernicterusSteven Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings from the proposed research should lead to new insights into the pathophysiology and treatment of secondary kernicteric dystonia and other secondary dystonias in humans. ..
- CONTROLLED-RELEASE SEALANT TO PREVENT SECONDARY CARIESKenneth Anusavice; Fiscal Year: 2004..mutans, site specific levels of S. mutans at the margins of amalgam and composite restorations, and the width of marginal crevices adjacent to amalgam and composite restorations). ..
- Caries Risk Assessment Instrument for Young AdultsGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future large-scale investigations will be undertaken to validate the merits of the instrument. ..
- Stem-Cell Based Tissue Engineering in Regenerative Medicine ConferenceJeremy Mao; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Reducing Oral Cancer Disparities in FloridaScott Tomar; Fiscal Year: 2008..Effectiveness of the interventions will be measured through population-based surveys and utilization of the hotline and clinics. ..
- MODIFYING GENE DETERMINANTS OF TOOTH AND BONE PHENOTYPESJohn Wright; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Oral Health Disparities in Publicly Insured ChildrenTEGWYN BRICKHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Benefit: This mix of quantitative techniques and a clinical study will be utilized to address the NIDCR Priority Research Area of eliminating oral health disparities. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Epidemiological Approach to Determine S. mutansYihong Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..Application of the new molecular tools will have a substantial impact on improving the oral health of children. ..
- Phenotype and Gene Expression in Odontogenic TumorsJOHN T WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gene data will be placed on our web site in a timely fashion for data sharing. These studies will provide the first detailed mutational and gene profile studies of human odontogenic tumors. ..
- Development of QLF Handpiece for Early Caries DetectionGeorge Stookey; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral and Vaginal Microbes, Human Genotype, and Preterm BirthDawn P Misra; Fiscal Year: 2010..For this proposal we have the great advantage of exploring these hypotheses using already collected specimens and data as part of completed studies of preterm birth. ..
- BILIRUBIN TOXICITY IN THE AUDITORY SYSTEMSteven Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings of the proposed research should lead to improved noninvasive procedures for predicting, preventing, and treating the neurological and audiological complications of bilirubin toxicity in human newborns. ..
- ENGINEERING CRANIOFACIAL OSTEOGENESIS--MECHANICAL FORCESJeremy Mao; Fiscal Year: 2004....