Genomes and Genes
basal nucleus of meynert
Summary: A group of nerve cells in the substantia innominata that has wide projections to the neocortex and is rich in acetylcholine and choline acetyltransferase. In Parkinson and Alzheimer diseases the nucleus undergoes degeneration.
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of nucleus basalis magnocellularis cholinergic lesions on fear-like and anxiety-like behaviorDayan Knox
Department of Psychology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Behav Neurosci 120:307-12. 2006..The results of the study suggest that NBM/SI cholinergic neurons may be important in mediating selective aspects of aversive states...
- Vasopressin receptors in the mouse (Mus musculus) brain: sex-related expression in the medial preoptic area and hypothalamusM Dubois-Dauphin
Division of Neuropsychiatry Morphology, University Hospital, Belle Idee, Geneva, Switzerland
Brain Res 743:32-9. 1996..Vasopressin receptors were uncovered in various regions of the brain including the basal nucleus of Meynert, the substantia innominata, the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus, the substantia nigra pars compacta ..
- Cholinergic modulation of sensory interference in rat primary somatosensory cortical neuronsAndrea Alenda
Departamento de Anatomia, Histologia y Neurociencia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Arzobispo Morcillo 2, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Brain Res 1133:158-67. 2007....
- Chronic alcohol intoxication in rats leads to a strong but transient increase in NGF levels in distinct brain regionsC A Gericke
Institute of Health Sciences, Berlin University of Technology, Berlin, Germany
J Neural Transm 113:813-20. 2006..These results support the idea of an endogenous neuroprotective mechanism acting through a transient NGF induction followed by a decrease in NGF-levels during the course of further neuronal degeneration...
- Stimulation of cortical acetylcholine release by orexin AJ Fadel
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Neuroscience, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, 6439 Garners Ferry Road, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Neuroscience 130:541-7. 2005..Collectively, these data suggest that orexin projections to the basal forebrain form an important link between hypothalamic arousal and forebrain attentional systems...
- Unraveling the attentional functions of cortical cholinergic inputs: interactions between signal-driven and cognitive modulation of signal detectionMartin Sarter
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, 525 E University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1109, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 48:98-111. 2005....
- Projections from basal forebrain to prefrontal cortex comprise cholinergic, GABAergic and glutamatergic inputs to pyramidal cells or interneuronsPablo Henny
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Eur J Neurosci 27:654-70. 2008..Through distinct glutamatergic, GABAergic and cholinergic projections, the BF can thus influence cortical activity in a diverse manner...
- The role of nerve growth factor receptors in cholinergic basal forebrain degeneration in prodromal Alzheimer diseaseScott E Counts
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:263-72. 2005..Therapeutic neurotrophic intervention might delay or prevent NB neuron degeneration and preserve cholinergic cortical function during prodromal AD...
- Selective behavioral and neurochemical effects of cholinergic lesions produced by intrabasalis infusions of 192 IgG-saporin on attentional performance in a five-choice serial reaction time taskJ McGaughy
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EB, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 22:1905-13. 2002..These data provide the first direct evidence for a relationship between selective damage in the basal forebrain with decreased cortical ACh efflux and impaired attentional function...
- Cholinergic modulation of visual attention and working memory: dissociable effects of basal forebrain 192-IgG-saporin lesions and intraprefrontal infusions of scopolamineYogita Chudasama
Cambridge University, Department of Experimental Psychology, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Learn Mem 11:78-86. 2004..Together, these findings implicate the nBM cortical cholinergic system in both attentional and mnemonic processing...
- New component of the limbic system: Marginal division of the neostriatum that links the limbic system to the basal nucleus of MeynertSi Yun Shu
Institute for Neuroscience of the First Military Medical University, Zhu Jiang Hospital, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 71:751-7. 2003..In a previous study, c-fos expression showed functional connections between the MrD, basal nucleus of Meynert (NBM) and limbic system (Shu et al., 1988a, 1999)...
- Lesions of the Basal forebrain cholinergic system impair task acquisition and abolish cortical plasticity associated with motor skill learningJames M Conner
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Neuron 38:819-29. 2003..These results support the hypothesis that the basal forebrain cholinergic system may be specifically implicated in forms of learning requiring plasticity of cortical representations...
- Induction of behavioral associative memory by stimulation of the nucleus basalisDewey E McLin
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 3800, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:4002-7. 2002..The discovery of memory induction by direct activation of the NB supports the NB-memory hypothesis and provides a potentially powerful way to control and investigate neural mechanisms of memory...
- Nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor restore the cholinergic neuronal phenotype in organotypic brain slices of the basal nucleus of MeynertC Weis
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Innsbruck, Anichstr. 35, A-6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Neuroscience 102:129-38. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate whether cholinergic neurons of the basal nucleus of Meynert can be cultured in rat organotypic slices, and if nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived ..
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha triggers cell death of sensitized potassium chloride-stimulated cholinergic neuronsBirgit Zassler
Laboratory of Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Innsbruck, Anichstr 35, Austria
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 113:78-85. 2003..was to study the role of TNF-alpha in the survival and nerve fiber growth of cholinergic neurons of the basal nucleus of Meynert in organotypic brain slices and in adult rats...
- Differential effects of short- and long-term hyperhomocysteinaemia on cholinergic neurons, spatial memory and microbleedings in vivo in ratsMichael Pirchl
Laboratory of Psychiatry and Experimental Alzheimer s Research, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Innsbruck Medical, University, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Neurosci 32:1516-27. 2010..HHcy significantly reduced the number of choline acetyltransferase (ChAT)-positive neurons in the basal nucleus of Meynert and ChAT-positive axons in the cortex only after short-term but not long-term treatment, while ..
- Further analysis of the effects of immunotoxic lesions of the basal nucleus of Meynert reveals substantial impairment on visual discrimination learning in monkeysRosalind M Ridley
Department of Experimental Psychology, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Brain Res Bull 65:433-42. 2005..in which marmoset monkeys received immunotoxic lesions of the cortical cholinergic projections from the basal nucleus of Meynert (NBM) bilaterally and/or in combination with immunotoxic lesions of other parts of the cholinergic system ..
- Brain capillaries and cholinergic neurons persist in organotypic brain slices in the absence of blood flowKarma V Moser
Department of Psychiatry, University of Innsbruck, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Neurosci 18:85-94. 2003..Cholinergic neurons survived in slices of the basal nucleus of Meynert; however, hyperthermia but not acidosis markedly decreased their number...
- Cholinergic modulation of skill learning and plasticityMichael Kilgard
Department of Cognition and Neuroscience, University of Texas, Dallas, School of Human Development, GR 41, Richardson, TX 75083, USA
Neuron 38:678-80. 2003..New results indicate that nucleus basalis lesions prevent motor cortex map plasticity and impair skill learning. These results strengthen the hypothesis that nucleus basalis gates neural plasticity necessary for instrumental learning...
- Evolution of Alzheimer's disease-related cytoskeletal changes in the basal nucleus of MeynertI Sassin
Department of Anatomy, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 100:259-69. 2000..the evolution of Alzheimer's disease (AD)-related pathology in a subcortical predilection site, the basal nucleus of Meynert (bnM), which is a major source of cortical cholinergic innervation...
- Transplantation of NGF secreting primary monocytes counteracts NMDA-induced cell death of rat cholinergic neurons in vivoBirgit Zassler
Laboratory of Experimental Alzheimer Research, Univ Clinic of Psychiatry, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Exp Neurol 198:391-400. 2006..secreting NGF may counteract N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-induced cell death of cholinergic neurons of the basal nucleus of Meynert (nBM) in vivo. Monocytes were purified by indirect magnetic separation from rat blood...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor counteracts NMDA-induced cell death of adult cholinergic neurons in rat basal nucleus of MeynertKarma V Moser
Laboratory of Psychiatry, University Clinic of Psychiatry, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Brain Res Bull 65:125-31. 2005..counteract the excitotoxic N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-induced cell death of cholinergic neurons of the basal nucleus of Meynert in vivo in adult rats...
- Environmental enrichment reduces the response to stress of the cholinergic system in the prefrontal cortex during agingGregorio Segovia
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Complutense, Ciudad Universitaria s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Neurochem Int 52:1198-203. 2008..EE also decreased motor activity in all groups of age. These results suggest that EE reduces the reactivity to stress of the cholinergic system in the prefrontal cortex during aging...
- Neonatal handling increases sensitivity to acute neurodegeneration in adult ratsKatalin M Horvath
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Behavioral and Cognitive Neurosciences, University of Groningen, 9750 AA Haren, The Netherlands
J Neurobiol 60:463-72. 2004..The present results provide evidence for an enhanced vulnerability of postnatally handled rats to acute neurodegeneration in contrast to the previously reported attenuation of spontaneous aging-related neurodegenerative processes...
- Urea enhances the nerve growth factor-induced neuroprotective effect on cholinergic neurons in organotypic rat brain slicesB Zassler
Laboratory of Psychiatry, University Clinic of Psychiatry, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Neuroscience 130:317-23. 2005..Organotypic brain slices of the basal nucleus of Meynert were cultured for 2 weeks in the presence of 1-100 microM urea with or without NGF or other growth ..
- Selective cholinergic lesions in the rat nucleus basalis magnocellularis with limited damage in the medial septum specifically alter attention performance in the five-choice serial reaction time taskH Harati
Laboratoire d Imagerie et de Neurosciences Cognitives UMR 7191, Universite Louis Pasteur, CNRS, Institut Fédérératif de Recherche 37 de Neurosciences, GDR 2905 du CNRS, 12 rue Goethe, F 67000 Strasbourg, France
Neuroscience 153:72-83. 2008..Discrepancies with previously reported results are discussed in terms of differences in lesion extent/specificity and training levels...
- Proteasomal abnormalities in cortical Lewy body disease and the impact of proteasomal inhibition within cortical and cholinergic systemsNicholas Macinnes
Wolfson Centre for Age Related Disease, King s College London, London, UK
J Neural Transm 115:869-78. 2008..These findings suggest that proteasomal abnormalities are present within cortical Lewy body disease and the experimental inhibition of proteasomal function mirrors the neuropathological changes seen within the disorder...
- Morphological characterization of electrophysiologically and immunohistochemically identified basal forebrain cholinergic and neuropeptide Y-containing neuronsAlvaro Duque
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Brain Struct Funct 212:55-73. 2007..The presence of local axon collaterals in both cholinergic and NPY neurons indicates that the BF is not a mere conduit for various brainstem inputs to the cortex, but a site where substantial local processing must take place...
- Identification and kainic acid-induced up-regulation of low-affinity p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75NTR) in the nigral dopamine neurons of adult ratsYan Qin Wang
Institute of Neurosciences, The Fourth Military Medical University, 17 Changle West Road, Xi an 710032, PR China
Neurochem Int 53:56-62. 2008....
- Nerve growth factor response to excitotoxic lesion of the cholinergic basal forebrain is slightly impaired in aged ratsC A Gericke
Department of Psychiatry, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Neural Transm 110:627-39. 2003..These results indicate that the compensatory NGF increase in the posterior cortex after partial cholinergic lesion of the basal forebrain is slightly impaired in old age...
- Knockdown of the L3/Lhx8 gene suppresses cholinergic differentiation of murine embryonic stem cell-derived spheresTakayuki Manabe
Department of 2nd Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijyo cho, Kasihara City, Nara 634 8521, Japan
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:249-52. 2008..These results strongly suggest that L3/Lhx8 is a key factor for cholinergic differentiation of murine ES cell-derived spheres and is involved in basal forebrain development...
- Specific contributions of the basal forebrain corticopetal cholinergic system to electroencephalographic activity and sleep/waking behaviourG G Berntson
The Ohio State University, 1885 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Eur J Neurosci 16:2453-61. 2002..Although this system may not be essential for sleep/wake stage-switching, it does impact on the cortical states associated with those stages...
- Effects of lesions of basal forebrain cholinergic neurons in newborn rats on susceptibility to seizuresDiosely C Silveira
Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Enders 320, Boston, MA 02155, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 139:277-83. 2002..c.v. injections of SAP at P7 and controls. As in adult rats, lesions of the BF cholinergic system in rat pups result in subsequent increase in seizure susceptibility...
- The caudal sublenticular region/anterior amygdaloid area is the only part of the rat forebrain and mesopontine tegmentum occupied by magnocellular cholinergic neurons that receives outputs from the central division of extended amygdalaMyriam Gastard
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, St Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 South Grand Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Brain Res 957:207-22. 2002....
- Apoptosis in the rat basal forebrain during development and following lesions of connectionsStavroula Sophou
Department of Anatomy and Histology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Neurosci 24:573-85. 2006....
- Behavioral and immunohistological effects of cholinergic damage in immunolesioned rats: alteration of c-Fos and polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule expressionC Chambon
Université d Aix Marseille I, Laboratoire de Neurobiologie Integrative et Adaptative, UMR CNRS 6149, 3 Place Victor Hugo, 13331 Marseille Cedex 03, France
Neuroscience 147:893-905. 2007..This neuronal loss leads to molecular and cellular alterations, which in turn may aggravate cognitive deficits...
- Donepezil induces a cholinergic sprouting in basocortical degenerationLaure Ginestet
INSERM, UMR 679, Neurology and Experimental Therapeutics, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Paris, France
J Neurochem 102:434-40. 2007..This suggests a neuroplastic activity of this drug and provides evidence for a potential use of donepezil as a disease modifier in neurodegenerative diseases such as AD...
- Nerve growth factor eye drop administrated on the ocular surface of rodents affects the nucleus basalis and septum: biochemical and structural evidenceAlessandro Lambiase
Department of Ophthalmology, University Campus Bio Medico, G B Bietti Eye Foundation, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
Brain Res 1127:45-51. 2007..The present findings suggest that eye NGF application can represent an alternative route to prevent degeneration of NGF-receptive neurons involved in disorders such as Alzheimer and Parkinson...
- Selective disarrangement of the rostral telencephalic cholinergic system in heterozygous reeler miceS Sigala
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia Medical School, V le Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Neuroscience 144:834-44. 2007..Rostral sub-regions of the BF and rostro-medial cortical areas show significant decreases of cholinergic neurons and innervation, respectively...
- Effects of acetylcholine on coding of taste information in the primary gustatory cortex in ratsKayoko Hasegawa
Department of Sensory and Cognitive Physiology, Faculty of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Honjo 1 1 1, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Exp Brain Res 179:97-109. 2007..These findings indicate that ACh mostly modulates taste responses through muscarinic receptors, and suggest that ACh shifts the state of the neuron network in the GC, in terms of the response selectivities and response profiles...
- Protracted effects of chronic oral haloperidol and risperidone on nerve growth factor, cholinergic neurons, and spatial reference learning in ratsA V Terry
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, CB 3618, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 Fifteenth Street, Augusta, GA 30912 2300, USA
Neuroscience 150:413-24. 2007....
- Microsphere embolism-induced cortical cholinergic deafferentation and impairments in attentional performanceTara K S Craft
Departments of Psychology and Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Ohio, USA
Eur J Neurosci 21:3117-32. 2005..Microsphere embolism represents a useful animal model for studying the role of interactions between microvascular disorder and impaired forebrain cholinergic neurotransmission in the manifestation of cognitive impairments...
- Direct, complex effects of estrogens on basal forebrain cholinergic neuronsSusan H Bora
Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Exp Neurol 194:506-22. 2005..Our findings support the idea that estrogens directly enhance cholinergic neuron function and that ERalpha plays a significant role in transducing these regulatory effects...
- Eye drop NGF administration promotes the recovery of chemically injured cholinergic neurons of adult mouse forebrainVeronica Di Fausto
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, National Research Council CNR Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 26:2473-80. 2007....
- Time course of behavioral changes following basal forebrain cholinergic damage in rats: Environmental enrichment as a therapeutic interventionV Paban
Université d Aix Marseille I, Laboratoire de Neurobiologie Integrative et Adaptative, UMR CNRS 6149, Avenue Normandie Escadrille Niemen, 13397 Marseille, Cedex 20, France
Neuroscience 132:13-32. 2005..Environment enrichment had significant beneficial effects in 192 IgG-saporin-lesioned rats, suggesting that lesioned rats at late post-lesion times (over 1 year) still have appreciable cognitive plasticity...
- Aging and cholinergic deafferentation alter GluR1 expression in rat frontal cortexIrene Kim
Department of Psychology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Neurobiol Aging 26:1073-81. 2005..This age-related difference in lesion-induced expression of AMPA receptor subunit protein could underlie the age-related differences in dendritic plasticity after NBM lesions...
- Disease-related regressive alterations of forebrain cholinergic system in SOD1 mutant transgenic miceChristophe Crochemore
Department of Biology, University of Bologna, Via Selmi 3, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Neurochem Int 46:357-68. 2005..Gestational supplementation of choline, while able to result in long-term enhancement of cholinergic activity, did not improve transgenic mice lifespan nor counteracted cholinergic impairment in brain regions and spinal cord...
- Effects of cholinergic lesions produced by infusions of 192 IgG-saporin on glucocorticoid receptor mRNA expression in hippocampus and medial prefrontal cortex of the ratK A Helm
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University, 3400 North Charles Street, Ames Hall, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Neuroscience 115:765-74. 2002..Thus, rats with lesions of the basal forebrain cholinergic system recapitulate some of the detrimental effects of aging associated with glucocorticoid-mediated stress pathways in the brain...
- Rivastigmine antagonizes deficits in prepulse inhibition induced by selective immunolesioning of cholinergic neurons in nucleus basalis magnocellularisM Ballmaier
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Brescia University Medical School, Via Valsabbina 19, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Neuroscience 114:91-8. 2002....
- Effects of 192 IgG-saporin on acetylcholinesterase histochemistry in male and female ratsRodrigue Galani
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Comportementales et Cognitives, UMR 7521 ULP CNRS IFR 37, Strasbourg, France
Brain Res Bull 58:179-86. 2002..These results show that sex or estradiol treatment in male rats does not interfere with the immunotoxic effects of intracerebroventricular injections of 192 IgG-saporin on cholinergic projections from the basal forebrain...
- Chronic ethanol intake and ageing effects on cortical and basal forebrain cholinergic parameters: morphometric and biochemical studiesPaula A Fernandes
Departamento de Análises Clínicas e Toxicológicas Faculdade de Farmácia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avienda Olegário Maciel, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Addict Biol 7:29-36. 2002..These findings suggest adaptive changes of the aged rats in response to the possible cholinergic hypofunction, manifested as a decreased release of acetylcholine under stimulated conditions...
- Acute cholinergic rescue of synaptic plasticity in the neurodegenerating cortex of anti-nerve-growth-factor miceEmanuele Pesavento
Neuroscience Program, SISSA International School of Advanced Studies, Via Beirut 2 4, 34014 Trieste, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 15:1030-6. 2002..Our results represent an important step in unveiling the pivotal role of cholinergic transmission in modulating adult cortical plasticity...
- mRNA expression alterations of inward rectifier potassium channels in rat brain with cholinergic impairmentXiang hua Xu
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Materia Medica, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 1 Xiannongtan Street, Beijing 100050, China
Neurosci Lett 322:25-8. 2002..1 and Kir3.1 were detected. This study indicated that the expression of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channel was area and channel subtype specifically increased following nbm lesions...
- Distinct subsets of nucleus basalis neurons exhibit similar sensitivity to excitotoxicityTibor Harkany
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Neuroreport 13:767-72. 2002..In conclusion, cholinergic MBN neurons are not preferentially sensitive to short-term excitotoxicity, but are one of the major sources of APP in the basal forebrain...
- Orexins/hypocretins excite basal forebrain cholinergic neuronesE Eggermann
, , Geneva, Switzerland
Neuroscience 108:177-81. 2001..1999). These results suggest that the orexins excite cholinergic neurones that release acetylcholine in the cerebral cortex and thereby contribute to the cortical activation associated with wakefulness...
- Electrolytic and ibotenic acid lesions of the nucleus basalis magnocellularis interrupt long-term retention, but not acquisition of two-way active avoidance, in ratsAnna Vale-Martínez
Departament de Psicobiologia i de Metodologia de les Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Exp Brain Res 142:52-66. 2002..Retention of active avoidance response was impaired by both electrolytic and ibotenic lesions of the NBM. These results suggest a role of the NBM in the memory consolidation and/or retrieval of two-way active avoidance...
- Extensive immunolesions of basal forebrain cholinergic system impair offspring recognition in sheepG Ferreira
Laboratoire de Comportement Animal, Station PRC, , 37380 Nouzilly, France
Neuroscience 106:103-16. 2001..However, since only extensive lesions affect performance, this indicates that the basal forebrain cholinergic system possesses substantial reserve capacity to sustain cognitive functions...
- Inhibition of synaptically evoked cortical acetylcholine release by intracortical glutamate: involvement of GABAergic neuronsL M Materi
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H-4H7, Canada
Eur J Neurosci 14:38-46. 2001..These results suggest that ionotropic glutamate receptor activation by glutamate inhibits evoked cortical ACh release via an indirect pathway involving GABAergic neurons in the cortex...
- Bidirectional modulation of basal forebrain N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor function differentially affects visual attention but not visual discrimination performanceJ Turchi
Department of Psychology, 27 Townshend Hall, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Neuroscience 104:407-17. 2001..Basal forebrain NMDA receptor manipulations assist in determining the role of this neuronal system in cognitive processes...
- Muscarinic dependence of nucleus basalis induced conditioned receptive field plasticityA A Miasnikov
Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory and Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine 92697-3800, USA
Neuroreport 12:1537-42. 2001..Local atropine blocked NB-induced RF plasticity, actually resulting in CS-specific response decrease (n=6). Therefore, NB-induced RF plasticity requires engagement of muscarinic receptors in auditory cortex...
- Long-term cholinergic enhancement of evoked potentials in rat hindlimb somatosensory cortex displays characteristics of long-term potentiationD Verdier
, , Case Postale 6128, Succursale Centre-Ville, , , Canada
Exp Brain Res 137:71-82. 2001..The existence of such a mechanism for the control of cortical neuronal plasticity identifies the basal forebrain as a powerful modulator of long-lasting changes in cortical neuronal excitability...
- Differential cortical acetylcholine release in rats performing a sustained attention task versus behavioral control tasks that do not explicitly tax attentionH M Arnold
Departments of Psychology and Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, 1885 Neil Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Neuroscience 114:451-60. 2002....
- Reduced neuronal expression of insulin-degrading enzyme in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of patients with haloperidol-treated, chronic schizophreniaHans Gert Bernstein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 43:1095-105. 2009..in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, the hypothalamic paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei, and the basal nucleus of Meynert of 14 patients with schizophrenia and 14 matched control cases...
- Parkinsonism, dementia and vertical gaze palsy in a Guamanian with atypical neuroglial degenerationK Oyanagi
Department of Neuropathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute for Neuroscience, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 99:73-80. 2000..NFTs were evident in the parahippocampal gyrus, lateral occipitotemporal gyrus, insula, Sommer sector, basal nucleus of Meynert, lateral nucleus of the thalamus, subthalamic nucleus and brain stem, and several were observed in the ..
- Differential co-expression of AMPA receptor subunits in substance P receptor-containing neurons of basal forebrain regions of C57/BL miceJin Ping Zhang
Institute of Neurosciences, The Fourth Military Medical University, Shaanxi, Xi an 710032, PR China
Neurochem Int 49:319-26. 2006..However, the neurons co-expressing SPR and GluR1-4 were hardly detected in the basal nucleus of Meynert of the basal forebrain...
- Increases of kinin B1 and B2 receptors binding sites after brain infusion of amyloid-beta 1-40 peptide in ratsTania Araujo Viel
Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas da Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Neurobiol Aging 29:1805-14. 2008..04+/-0.08fmol/mg), basal nucleus of Meynert (1.84+/-0.18fmol/mg), lateral septal nucleus - dorsal and intermediary portions (1.66+/-0...
- Pulvinar and other subcortical connections of dorsolateral visual cortex in monkeysRosalyn E Weller
Department of Psychology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Comp Neurol 450:215-40. 2002..paracentral nucleus, central medial nucleus, lateral hypothalamus, basal nucleus of the amygdala, and basal nucleus of Meynert/substantia innominata; and sent efferents to the pons, superior colliculus, reticular nucleus, caudate, ..
- Analysis of the cholinergic pathology in the P301L tau transgenic pR5 model of tauopathyC Kohler
Dept of Anatomy Neuroanatomy, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Brain Res 1347:111-24. 2010..determined the expression of the human tau transgene and the presence of neurofibrillary changes in the basal nucleus of Meynert, the septal nuclei and the diagonal band of Broca, sources of cholinergic innervation of the cerebral ..
- Choline acetyltransferase: the structure, distribution and pathologic changes in the central nervous systemY Oda
First Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa Univesity, Japan
Pathol Int 49:921-37. 1999..in the central nervous system: the medial septal nucleus, the nucleus of the diagonal band of Broca, the basal nucleus of Meynert, the caudate nucleus, the putamen, the nucleus accumbens, the pedunculopontine tegmental nucleus, the ..
- Excitatory amino acid transporter EAAT-2 in tangle-bearing neurons in Alzheimer's diseaseDietmar Rudolf Thai
Department of Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Germany
Brain Pathol 12:405-11. 2002..in the following types of neurons: Cortical pyramidal cells, fascia dentata granule cells, neurons of the basal nucleus of Meynert, the substantia nigra, the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus, oral and central raphe nuclei, ..
- Waking up the brain: a case study of stimulation-induced wakeful unawareness during anaesthesiaChristian K E Moll
Department of Neurophysiology and Pathophysiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Prog Brain Res 177:125-45. 2009..restricted to 6 out of 15 tested sites in the fibre-field between the GPi and the posterior aspect of the basal nucleus of Meynert. We conclude that the stimulated neural substrate in the subpallidal basal forebrain is involved in the ..
- Neurochemical and metabolic consequences of elevated cerebrospinal fluid quinolinic acid concentrations in rat brainK Maeda
Maryland Psychiatric Research Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21228, USA
Neurosci Res 29:303-9. 1997..Moreover, following the QUIN infusion, glucose utilization decreased in the basal nucleus of Meynert, frontal cortex, and portions of the basal ganglia and the limbic system...
- The legacy of the silver methods and the new anatomy of the basal forebrain: implications for neuropsychiatry and drug abuseLennart Heimer
Departments of Neurosurgery and Neuroscience, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Scand J Psychol 44:189-201. 2003..The ventral striatopallidal system and the extended amygdala are interwoven in a complex fashion with the basal nucleus of Meynert within the basal forebrain...
- Marginal division of the neostriatum: a subcortical memory centerSi Yun Shu
Institute for Neuroscience of the First Military Medical University, Zhu Jiang Hospital, Guangzhou, China
J Biomed Sci 10:14-29. 2003..MrD is a new component of the limbic system and is a key linking area between the limbic system and the basal nucleus of Meynert. Functional magnetic resonance image (fMRI) studies illustrated that the MrD and the prefrontal cortex ..
- In situ hybridization analysis of preprotachykinin-A and -B mRNA levels in short-term sodium depletionP Pompei
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Experimental Medicine, University of Camerino, Italy
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 49:149-56. 1997..nucleus (Arc), central amygdaloid nucleus (CeL), basolateral amygdaloid nucleus (BLV), LOT, Hb and basal nucleus of Meynert (B)...
- Galanin-like immunoreactivity is unchanged in Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease dementia cerebral cortexM F Beal
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
J Neurochem 51:1935-41. 1988..because of its known colocalization with choline acetyltransferase in magnocellular neurons of the basal nucleus of Meynert. These neurons degenerate in Alzheimer's disease, and there is a corresponding deficiency of cortical ..
- Collateral projection from the forebrain and mesopontine cholinergic neurons to whisker-related, sensory and motor regions of the ratSuk K Beak
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Konkuk University, Hwayang dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul, Korea
Brain Res 1336:30-45. 2010..field/primary whisker motor (M1) cortices, cholinergic neurons with dual projections were observed in the basal nucleus of Meynert (BM), mainly at middle level; the projection was almost exclusively ipsilateral (99%+/-0.7%, n=6)...
- Stereotaxic probabilistic maps of the magnocellular cell groups in human basal forebrainLaszlo Zaborszky
Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
Neuroimage 42:1127-41. 2008..contains several interdigitating anatomical structures, including the diagonal band of Broca, the basal nucleus of Meynert, the ventral striatum, and also cell groups underneath the globus pallidus that bridge the centromedial ..
- A new subdivision of mammalian neostriatum with functional implications to learning and memoryS Y Shu
Department of Neurobiology, Institute for Neuroscience of the First Military Medical University, Zhu Jiang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou, China
J Neurosci Res 58:242-53. 1999..delineated by chemical-induced c-Fos expression between the MrD and hippocampus, amygdala, as well as the basal nucleus of Meynert. In rats with chemical lesions of bilateral MrD, learning and memory functions were severely impaired as ..
- [Neuroanatomical basis of behavior: history and recent contributions]Guilherme Carvalhal Ribas
Departamento de Cirurgia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 29:63-71. 2007..and the extended amygdala are then two basal forebrain macro-anatomical systems, that together with the basal nucleus of Meynert and with the septal-diagonal band system, constitute the main structures that are particularly connected ..
- Variant Gerstmann-Sträussler syndrome with the P105L prion gene mutation: an unusual case with nigral degeneration and widespread neurofibrillary tanglesM Yamazaki
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 98:506-11. 1999..tangles (NFTs) were recognized in the cerebral cortices, and scattered NFTs were observed in the basal nucleus of Meynert, thalamus, substantia nigra, periaqueductal gray matter, raphe nuclei and locus ceruleus...
- Interactions among memory-related centers in the brainSi Yun Shu
Institute for Neuroscience, First Military Medical University, Zhu Jiang Hospital, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Neurosci Res 71:609-16. 2003..prefrontal cortex, thalamus and hippocampus, prefrontal cortex and thalamus, amygdala and hippocampus, basal nucleus of Meynert and medial temporal lobe system, and amygdala and thalamus were successively reported...
- CD8(+)/perforin/granzyme B(+) effector cells infiltrating cerebellum and inferior olives in gluten ataxiaMichel Mittelbronn
Institute of Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Neuropathology 30:92-6. 2010..At autopsy, frequent argyrophilic glial and neuronal inclusions within the basal nucleus of Meynert were considered as the structural correlative for the cognitive decline...
- Expression of ARVCF in the human ganglionic eminence during fetal developmentNorbert Ulfig
Neuroembryonic Research Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Dev Neurosci 26:38-44. 2004..a telencephalic structure which gives rise to precursor neurons of the striatum, the amygdala and the basal nucleus of Meynert. From 20 to 25 weeks of gestation, stripes of immunoreactive cells were found to extend from both the ..
- Neurons associated with aggrecan-based perineuronal nets are protected against tau pathology in subcortical regions in Alzheimer's diseaseM Morawski
Department of Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms of Neurodegeneration, Medical Faculty, Paul Flechsig Institute for Brain Research, University of Leipzig, Jahnallee 59, D 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Neuroscience 169:1347-63. 2010..The results show that many regions affected by tau pathology in AD, such as the basal nucleus of Meynert, the dorsal thalamus, hypothalamic nuclei, raphe nuclei, and the locus coeruleus were devoid of a ..
- Distribution of nestin immunoreactivity in the normal adult human forebrainHuaiyu Gu
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, 74 Zhongshan 2nd Road, Guangzhou 510089, PR China
Brain Res 943:174-80. 2002..cells, distributed in CA1-3 of hippocampus, septum, the nucleus of diagonal band, amygdala and basal nucleus of Meynert. The second type contained astrocyte-like cells, distributed in the subependymal zone and subgranular ..
- Hypercholesterolemia in rats impairs the cholinergic system and leads to memory deficitsCeline Ullrich
Laboratory of Psychiatry and Exp Alzheimers Research, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Mol Cell Neurosci 45:408-17. 2010..Hypercholesterolemia significantly reduced the number of cholinergic neurons in the basal nucleus of Meynert and decreased acetylcholine levels in the cortex...
- Blood-derived serum albumin contributes to neurodegeneration via astroglial stress fiber formationKarma V Moser
Laboratory of Psychiatry and Experimental Alzheimer s Research, Department of Psychiatry, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Pharmacology 80:286-92. 2007..of bovine serum albumin (BSA) on the survival of cholinergic neurons in organotypic brain slices of the basal nucleus of Meynert and in comparison in isolated primary astroglia...
- Monocytes deliver bioactive nerve growth factor through a brain capillary endothelial cell-monolayer in vitro and counteract degeneration of cholinergic neuronsDanny Böttger
Laboratory of Psychiatry and Experimental Alzheimer s Research, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Brain Res 1312:108-19. 2010..NGF released at the basolateral side counteracted degeneration of cholinergic basal nucleus of Meynert neurons...
- The Lewy body variant of Alzheimer's disease: clinical, pathophysiological and conceptual issuesH Forstl
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technical University Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 249:64-7. 1999..of a cholinergic deficit--which is particularly severe due to the double pathology targeting the basal nucleus of Meynert--and a dopaminergic deficit requires cholinergic and cautious dopaminergic treatment...
- Expression of endo-oligopeptidase A in the rat central nervous system: a non-radioactive in situ hybridization studyM A Hayashi
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Butantan Institute, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 89:86-93. 2001..central nervous system, with higher expression in some regions, such as the hippocampus, cerebellum, and basal nucleus of Meynert. The marked EOPA expression in these areas could be anticipated, since they are rich in neuropeptides ..
- NGF treatment potentiates c-fos expression in the rat nucleus basalis upon excitotoxic lesion with quisqualic acidL Giovannelli
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139, Florence, Italy
Brain Res 853:136-41. 2000..NGF treatment induced a potentiation of Fos expression 4 and 24 h after lesion. The possibility is discussed that c-fos induction is one of the early mechanisms of the neuroprotective action of NGF...
- Cortical acetylcholine release elicited by stimulation of histamine H1 receptors in the nucleus basalis magnocellularis: a dual-probe microdialysis study in the freely moving ratM Cecchi
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Preclinica e Clinica, , V.le G. Pieraccini 6, 50139 Firenze, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 13:68-78. 2001..This study demonstrates that activation of histamine H1 receptors in the NBM increases ACh spontaneous release from the cortex...
- Gender differences in neurotrophin and glutamate receptor expression in cholinergic nucleus basalis neurons during the progression of Alzheimer's diseaseScott E Counts
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 42:111-7. 2011....
- Integrated contributions of basal forebrain and thalamus to neocortical activation elicited by pedunculopontine tegmental stimulation in urethane-anesthetized ratsH C Dringenberg
Department of Psychology and Center for Neuroscience Studies, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
Neuroscience 119:839-53. 2003....
- Effects of estrogen on basal forebrain cholinergic neurons and spatial learningSophie E Ping
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Neurosci Res 86:1588-98. 2008..in cell soma size of cholinergic neurons in the horizontal diagonal limb of the band of Broca and in the basal nucleus of Meynert. There was no change in the number of neurons positive for p75(NTR), nor in the level of p75(NTR) ..
- Glial alterations in the hippocampus of rats submitted to ibotenic-induced lesion of the nucleus basalis magnocellularisAlessandra Swarowsky
Programa de Pós Graduação em Neurociências, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Sarmento Leite, 500, 90050 170, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 190:206-11. 2008..Although our data suggest caution in the use of nbm lesion with ibotenic acid as a dementia model, it is possible that these alterations could contribute to the cognitive deficit observed in these rats...
- Developmental changes in the subcellular localization of calretininN J Hack
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Neurosci 20:RC67. 2000..Because these are highly active neurons with a large number of Ca2+-permeable synaptic AMPA receptors, we hypothesize that localization of CR beneath the plasma membrane is an adaptation to spatially restrict the calcium influxes...
- Involvement of the basal cholinergic forebrain in the mediation of general (propofol) anesthesiaFatem Zohra Laalou
Groupe de Recherche Expérimentale sur les Répercussions Cognitivo affectives de l Anesthésie, INSERM U666, France
Anesthesiology 108:888-96. 2008..In this study, the authors asked whether the basal forebrain cholinergic system is also involved in mediating the effects of general anesthetics such as propofol...
- The nucleus basalis magnocellularis contributes to feature binding in the ratLeigh C P Botly
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, 100 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Physiol Behav 97:313-20. 2009..These findings provide insight into the functional role of the NBM and establish the importance of this basal forebrain structure to the fundamental cognitive process of feature binding...
- Associative representational plasticity in the auditory cortex: a synthesis of two disciplinesNorman M Weinberger
Center for the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, and Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 3800, USA
Learn Mem 14:1-16. 2007..The advantages of studying associative representational plasticity are emphasized, as is the need for greater behavioral sophistication...
- EMOTION AND RETUNING OF AUDITORY CORTEXNORMAN WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Cholinergic modulation of IEG expressionANN POWER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Experiment III will investigate which signaling cascades (e.g., protein kinases) are involved in effects of mR activation on memory and immediate early gene expression. ..
- ATTENTION, CORTICAL ACH RELEASE AND NEURONAL ACTIVITYMartin Sarter; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The amygdala & cortical receptive field plasticityNORMAN WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- LEARNING-INDUCED CORTICAL REPRESENTATIONAL PLASTICITYNORMAN WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- DYNAMIC REGULATION OF TUNING IN ADULT AUDITORY CORTEXNORMAN WEINBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TRAINING IN AGE-RELATED NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASESElliott Mufson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally the program will provide a broad-base of knowledge on neurodegenerative disorders as well as other instruction important for enhancing the interpersonal and professional skills of our trainees. ..
- In vivo screening of cholinergic cognition enhancersMartin Sarter; Fiscal Year: 2008..The development of new drug finding [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of cortical ACh and CognitionMartin Sarter; Fiscal Year: 2008..The renewal of the KO2 would allow this candidate to devote at least 75% of his time for multidisciplinary research on the neurobiology of attentional functions. ..
- Nicotinic regulation of cortical ACh release and behavioral functionMARTIN F SARTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will reveal critical neuronal and cognitive mechanisms underlying the pro-cognitive effects of nicotinic receptor ligands and thereby assist in defining and predicting the clinical potential of this group of compounds. ..
- AGING, ATTENTION AND BENZODIAZEPINE RECEPTOR LIGANDSMartin Sarter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Amphetamine, cortical acetylcholine and cognitionMartin Sarter; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cholinergic plasticity in auditory input processingMartin Sarter; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cotinine for Cognitive Impairment in Neurological and Neuropsychiatric DisordersAlvin V Terry; Fiscal Year: 2010..The partly translational design of the study will provide results leading to eventual clinical trials with cotinine or a relevant analog. ..
- Visual Processing in SchizophreniaPamela Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PREFRONTAL CONTROL OF SOCIAL BEHAVIOR IN PRIMATESLorin Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Activities are outlined over a five-year period that will provide the Principal Investigator a unique opportunity to develop as a research scientist and help to insure his success in academic neurology. ..
- Neurology of Attention and Neglect-A Network ApproachMarek Marsel Mesulam; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments will help to understand the neurological bases of spatial attention and may lead to more rational treatments of hemispatial neglect. ..
- Molecular Diagnosis Utilizing Cerebrospinal FluidSTEPHEN GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Amygdala NPY, anxiety phenotypes and alcohol consumptionMARLENE WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Acoustic Trauma on Age-Related Hearing LossDianne Durham; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition to these measures of peripheral auditory function, we will examine two anatomical indices of the auditory central nervous system to determine how age-related cochlear degeneration and noise affect brain function. ..
- Cholinergic Lesions and Age-Related Cognitive ImpairmentRobert Gibbs; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORTICAL PLASTICITY AND PROCESSING OF COMPLEX STIMULIMichael Kilgard; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our continuing studies will examine several other acoustic stimuli to determine precisely what stimulus features are required to generate each element of representational plasticity observed in our preliminary results. ..
- CELLULAR PROCESSES OF CENTRAL AUDITORY NEURONAL DEATHDianne Durham; Fiscal Year: 2004..These advances in peripheral repair make it all the more crucial to assess the functional capacity of the auditory CNS. ..
- Imaging inhibitory control in cocaine dependenceCHIANG SHAN LI; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synaptic Alterations in the Cerebral Cortex during AgingA Cuello; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Role of amygdala systems in associative learningPeter Holland; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Antipsychotics: Temporal Effects on Cognitive FunctionAlvin Terry; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chronic Glucocorticoid Effects in Prefrontal CortexCARA WELLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, to determine whether stress alters a prefrontally mediated behavior, I will assess the effect of chronic restraint stress on extinction of fear conditioning ..
- LSM 510 Confocal MicroscopeRobert Gibbs; Fiscal Year: 2006..Acquisition of the requested instrument will eliminate this problem, and will provide the School of Pharmacy with a greatly needed resource. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lesion Induced Synaptic PlasticitySTEPHEN GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Proteomics of mild cognitive impairment in the elderlySCOTT COUNTS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both of these factors will be critical for the development of neuroprotective strategies for slowing or preventing cognitive decline in the elderly. ..
- Associatively-activated event representationsPeter Holland; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed research provides a basis for the understanding of basic processing of imaginal events in associative learning. ..
- Cortical Plasticity and Processing of Speech SoundsMichael Kilgard; Fiscal Year: 2006..Insights derived from these studies will influence the use and development of behavioral and sensory rehabilitation of language impairments. ..
- A New Tool for Targeted Antisense Knockdown in BrainRobert Gibbs; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will be the first time that a targeted antisense knockdown approach will have been developed and used to selectively regulate gene expression within an identified subpopulation of neurons in the adult brain. ..