Genomes and Genes
Summary: A narrow cleft inferior to the corpus callosum, within the diencephalon, between the paired thalami. Its floor is formed by the HYPOTHALAMUS, its anterior wall by the lamina terminalis, and its roof by EPENDYMA. It communicates with the FOURTH VENTRICLE by the CEREBRAL AQUEDUCT, and with the LATERAL VENTRICLES by the interventricular foramina.
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- α-Tanycytes of the adult hypothalamic third ventricle include distinct populations of FGF-responsive neural progenitorsS C Robins
MRC Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics and Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Nat Commun 4:2049. 2013..Our results suggest that α-tanycytes form the critical component of a hypothalamic stem cell niche, and that local fibroblast growth factor signalling governs their proliferation...
- Photoperiodic regulation of cellular retinol binding protein, CRBP1 [corrected] and nestin in tanycytes of the third ventricle ependymal layer of the Siberian hamsterPerry Barrett
Molecular Endocrinology Group, Division of Obesity and Metabolic Health and Aberdeen Centre for Energy Regulation and Obesity ACERO, Rowett Research Institute, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, UK
J Endocrinol 191:687-98. 2006Tanycytes in the ependymal layer of the third ventricle act both as a barrier and a communication gateway between the cerebrospinal fluid, brain and portal blood supply to the pituitary gland...
- Anteroventral third ventricle lesions impair cardiovascular responses to intravenous hypertonic saline infusionGustavo Rodrigues Pedrino
Department of Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Auton Neurosci 117:9-16. 2005The anteroventral third ventricle (AV3V) region is a critical area of the forebrain, acting on fluid and electrolyte balance and maintaining cardiovascular homeostasis...
- Third ventricle enlargement and developmental delay in first-episode psychosis: preliminary findingsD Fannon
Section of Cognitive Psychopharmacology, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Br J Psychiatry 177:354-9. 2000..Third rather than lateral ventriculomegaly may be a more specific finding in psychosis. The relevance of ventricular abnormality remains unclear...
- Galanin microinjection in the third ventricle increases voluntary ethanol intakeMichael J Lewis
Department of Psychology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:1822-8. 2004..Chronic ethanol (EtOH) increases the expression of galanin in the hypothalamus. The research presented here examines the effects of microinjection of galanin in the third ventricle on voluntary alcohol intake.
- Comparative characterization of the human and mouse third ventricle germinal zonesSonika Dahiya
Division of Neuropathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 70:622-33. 2011..Here, we characterized the third ventricle subventricular zone (tv-SVZ) in young and adult mouse and human brains...
- Postural intermittent headaches as the initial symptom of a cavernoma in the third ventricleZ Milenkovic
Neurosurgical Clinic, Medical Faculty of Nis, University of Nis, Nis, Serbia and Montenegro
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:105-6. 2005Cavernous malformations (CM) occur very rarely in the ventricular system. We report a patient with a rare location in the third ventricle who had intermittent headaches as the initial symptom.
- Colloid cyst of third ventricle presenting as pseudoeclampsiaHansa Dhar
Ministry of Health Regional Referral Hospital Nizwa, Al Dakhliya, Sultanate of Oman
Arch Gynecol Obstet 280:1019-21. 2009..Emergency computed tomography scan of the brain was done which revealed colloid cyst of the third ventricle with severe acute obstructive hydrocephalus leading to irreversible brain damage and death...
- Colloid cyst of third ventricle mimicking normal tension glaucomaDinesh Kumar Patel
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 40:177-9. 2008Colloid cysts are rare intracranial tumors most commonly found in the third ventricle. We present a case of colloid cyst of the third ventricle that manifested as bilateral advance optic disc cupping, superior hemifield defects in the ..
- Testosterone and nandrolone sensitization of brain anteroventral area of third ventricle to hypertonic NaCl-induced sympathetic responseFrancisco Rosa
Departamento de Farmacologia, Esc de Medicina, Universidad de Oriente, Caracas, Venezuela
Pharmacology 75:5-12. 2005..administered in high doses, however their effects on NaCl sensitivity of the brain anteroventral area of the third ventricle (DeltaV3V) have not been explored...
- Venous variations in the region of the third ventricle: the role of MR venographyN Cagatay Cimşit
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
Neuroradiology 45:900-4. 2003..we examined the anatomical variations of the subependymal veins in the region of the foramen of Monro and the third ventricle by MR time of flight (TOF) venography...
- Multiple deep-seated cavernomas in the third ventricle, hypothalamus and thalamusC H Wang
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 145:505-8; discussion 508. 2003Cavernomas are rarely located in the third ventricle, hypothalamus, or thalamus...
- Dual phenotype kisspeptin-dopamine neurones of the rostral periventricular area of the third ventricle project to gonadotrophin-releasing hormone neuronesJ Clarkson
Centre for Neuroendocrinology, Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Neuroendocrinol 23:293-301. 2011..major populations of kisspeptin neurones exist in the rodent: one in the rostral periventricular area of the third ventricle (RP3V) and another in the arcuate nucleus...
- Anteroventral third ventricle (AV3V) lesion affects hypothalamic neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) expression following water deprivationFábio Alves Aguila
Departamento de Morfologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Brain Res Bull 86:239-45. 2011..The anteroventral third ventricle (AV3V) region has strong afferent connections with the SON...
- Third ventricle cavernoma associated with venous angioma. Case report and review of the literatureG Crivelli
Neurosurgical Division, Varese Regional Hospital and Macchi Foundation, Varese, Italy
J Neurosurg Sci 46:127-30. 2002A case of third ventricle cavernous angioma associated with venous angioma is reported. By a transventricular approach, the cavernoma was totally removed with successful preservation of the venous malformation...
- Differential distribution of the glutamate transporters GLT-1 and GLAST in tanycytes of the third ventricleU V Berger
Membrane Biology Program, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Comp Neurol 433:101-14. 2001..of mRNA and protein for the glutamate transporters GLT-1 and GLAST in unique tanycyte populations of the third ventricle in rat brain...
- Gonadal steroid induction of kisspeptin peptide expression in the rostral periventricular area of the third ventricle during postnatal development in the male mouseJ Clarkson
Department of Physiology, Centre for Neuroendocrinology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Neuroendocrinol 24:907-15. 2012..The number of kisspeptin-immunoreactive neurones in the rostral periventricular area of the third ventricle (RP3V) increases during pubertal development in concert with the appearance of kisspeptin appositions with ..
- Third ventricle enlargement among newborn infants with trisomy 21Michael S Schimmel
Department of Neonatology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Pediatrics 117:e928-31. 2006Our goal was to determine whether the third ventricle is significantly enlarged among neonates with trisomy 21, compared with infants without clinical signs of trisomy 21...
- [Study of the diameter of the third ventricle with transcranial sonography]N López Hernández
Seccion de Neurologia, Hospital General Universitario de Elche, Alicante, Spain
Neurologia 22:507-10. 2007..Aim. To evaluate ability of the transcranial duplex to measure the third ventricle diameter in a sample of patients with different neurological illnesses.
- Reconstruction of cerebrospinal fluid flow in the third ventricle based on MRI dataVartan Kurtcuoglu
Laboratory of Thermodynamics in Emerging Technologies, Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 8:786-93. 2005A finite-volume model of the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) system encompassing the third ventricle and the aqueduct of Sylvius was used to reconstruct CSF velocity and pressure fields based on MRI data...
- Neuroendoscopic trans-third ventricle approach for lesions of the ventral brainstem surfaceT Miki
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 51:313-8. 2008..As an adaptation of that technique in this study, we investigated a neuroendoscopic trans-third ventricle approach (ETTVA), which accesses lesions of the ventral brainstem surface with a neuroendoscope inserted via ..
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricle: angiography, preoperative embolization, and histologyH M Do
Department of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305 5105, USA
Neuroradiology 43:503-6. 2001We report a unique case of choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricle in an 8-month-old girl in which preoperative embolization played a salient role in management. Initial surgery was aborted due to excessive bleeding...
- Masses and malformations of the third ventricle: normal anatomic relationships and differential diagnosesChristine M Glastonbury
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0628, Room L 358, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Radiographics 31:1889-905. 2011The third ventricle lies in the center of the brain. It is surrounded by critical nuclear structures (the hypothalamus and thalami) and important glandular structures (the pituitary and pineal glands)...
- Morphometry of the anterior third ventricle region as a guide for the subfrontal (translaminaterminalis) approachMete Erturk
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 26:249-52. 2003The anterior third ventricle region acquires clinical significance in benign and malignant tumors and cyst formations, of which craniopharyngiomas and gliomas are the most common...
- Endoscopic opening of the foramen of magendie using transaqueductal navigation for membrane obstruction of the fourth ventricle outlets. Technical notePierluigi Longatti
Neurosurgical Unit, Treviso Hospital, Padova University, Treviso, Italy
J Neurosurg 105:924-7. 2006..In these cases, endoscopic opening of the foramen of Magendie by transaqueductal navigation of the fourth ventricle is a suitable and feasible therapeutic option...
- Width of the third ventricle assessed by transcranial sonography can monitor brain atrophy in a time- and cost-effective manner--results from a longitudinal study on 500 subjectsFrank Arne Wollenweber
Department of Neurology, University of the Saarland, Kirrberger Str, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Psychiatry Res 191:212-6. 2011..TCS displayed the third ventricle in 96% of all cases at the follow-up with a high intra-individual reproducibility and excellent inter-rater ..
- Diameter assessment of the third ventricle with transcranial sonography in patients with multiple sclerosisUlf Schminke
Department of Neurology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
J Neuroimaging 20:53-7. 2010Diameter measurement of the third ventricle with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and recently also with transcranial sonography (TCS) has emerged as a surrogate marker for brain atrophy and disease progression in multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy: outcome analysis in 368 proceduresOumar Sacko
Service de Neurochirurgie, Centres Hospitalo Universitaires de Toulouse, Toulouse, France
J Neurosurg Pediatr 5:68-74. 2010..The goal of this study was to assess the risk of failure associated with these factors in a retrospective cohort study...
- Pediatric colloid cysts of the third ventricle: management considerationsVijendra Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rae Bareli Road, Lucknow 226014, Uttar Pradesh, India
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:451-61. 2010..In this study, undertaken on children with anterior third ventricular CC, excised using the interhemispheric transcallosal approach, the characteristic clinicoradiological features and management options are studied...
- Cellular mechanisms involved in the stenosis and obliteration of the cerebral aqueduct of hyh mutant mice developing congenital hydrocephalusC Wagner
Instituto de Histologia y Patologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, Chile
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 62:1019-40. 2003..The process of ependymal denudation would involve alterations of the surface sialoglycoproteins of the ependymal cells and the interaction of the latter with macrophages...
- High risk of acute deterioration in patients harboring symptomatic colloid cysts of the third ventriclePhilip C De Witt Hamer
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosurg 96:1041-5. 2002Patients harboring colloid cysts of the third ventricle can present with acute neurological deterioration, or the first indication of the lesion may appear when the patient suddenly dies...
- Estrogen positive feedback to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurons in the rodent: the case for the rostral periventricular area of the third ventricle (RP3V)Allan E Herbison
Centre for Neuroendocrinology, Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago School of Medical Sciences, P O Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
Brain Res Rev 57:277-87. 2008..GnRH neurons form a periventricular continuum that can be referred to as rostral periventricular area of the third ventricle (RP3V) neurons...
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the posterior third ventricle during infancy & childhood: report of two cases with management morbiditiesS J Pawar
The National Neurosurgical Centre, Khoula Hospital, Post Box 90, Postal Code 116, Mina Al Fahal, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Neurol India 51:379-82. 2003..In the second case a staged reduction cranioplasty was also performed for an enormously enlarged head (head circumference--74 cm). Interesting clinical and radiological findings and useful management strategies are described...
- Complications of endoscopic third ventriculostomyHenry W S Schroeder
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
J Neurosurg 96:1032-40. 2002..The purpose of this prospective investigation was to determine the rate of complications associated with endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV)...
- Shunts vs endoscopic third ventriculostomy in infants: are there different types and/or rates of complications? A reviewC Di Rocco
Pediatric Neurosurgical Unit, Catholic University, Largo A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 22:1573-89. 2006....
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy: an outcome analysis of primary cases and procedures performed after ventriculoperitoneal shunt malfunctionDonncha F O'Brien
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Liverpool, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg 103:393-400. 2005..The authors analyzed the role of endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) as a primary treatment for hydrocephalus and also as an alternative to shunt revision for malfunctioning and infected ventriculoperitoneal (VP) shunts...
- Endocrine evaluation after endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) in childrenM J Fritsch
Department of Neurosurgery, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstr 10, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 23:627-31. 2007..Main part of the procedure is the perforation of the third ventricle floor (tuber cinereum)...
- Third ventricle glioblastoma. Case report and review of literatureR Prieto
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital La Paz, Pso de la Castellana, 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:199-204. 2006A glioblastoma presenting as a solitary third ventricle mass is exceptional.
- Chordoid glioma of the third ventricle: a report of two new cases, with further evidence supporting an ependymal differentiation, and review of the literatureBasile Pasquier
Department of Pathology, Section of Neuropathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Grenoble, Cedex, France
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1330-42. 2002The term chordoid glioma of the third ventricle was first used to describe a rare and slowly growing neoplasm of uncertain histogenesis, with chordoid appearance, occurring preferentially in middle-aged women...
- Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural study of chordoid glioma of the third ventricle: its tanycytic differentiationKazufumi Sato
Department of Neurosurgery, Fukui Medical University, 23 Shimoaizuki, Yoshida gun, Matsuoka cho, 910 1193 Fukui, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 106:176-80. 2003A chordoid glioma in the third ventricle was studied immunohistochemically and ultrastructurally...
- Craniopharyngiomas of the third ventricle: trans-lamina terminalis approachG Maira
Institute of Neurosurgery, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Neurosurgery 47:857-63; discussion 863-5. 2000..hypothalamic region; these tumors can also grow from the infundibulum or tuber cinereum on the floor of the third ventricle, developing exclusively into the third ventricle...
- Chordoid glioma: a neoplasm unique to the hypothalamus and anterior third ventricleM G Pomper
Division of Neuroradiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:464-9. 2001..Chordoid glioma is a new clinicopathologic entity that occurs in the region of the hypothalamus/anterior third ventricle. The aims of this study were to describe the characteristic radiographic features of chordoid glioma, ..
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for shunt dysfunction in occlusive hydrocephalus: long-term follow up and reviewJürgen Boschert
Department of Neurosurgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Neurosurg 98:1032-9. 2003..Nevertheless, its routine use in patients who have previously undergone shunt placement is still not generally accepted. The authors' aim was to investigate the long-term effects of ETV in a group of prospectively chosen patients...
- Minimally invasive management of the third ventricle glioma in a patient without hydrocephalus: neurofiberscopic biopsy followed by gamma knife radiosurgeryM Chernov
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 47:238-41. 2004..We present the case of a successful neurofiberscopic biopsy of a third ventricle anaplastic astrocytoma in a previously shunted patient without hydrocephalus...
- A technique for long-term implantation of a microcatheter into the third ventricle of post-pubertal Chinese Meishan pigs based on ventriculographyRyosuke Sakumoto
Laboratory of Animal Neurophysiology, Department of Physiology and Genetic Regulation, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
J Neurosci Methods 137:97-101. 2004The objectives of this study were to implant a microcatheter into the third ventricle of post-pubertal Chinese Meishan pigs, and to maintain the microcatheter for a long time without causing stress. Fourteen pigs (45-60 kg BW) were used...
- Microsurgical resection of craniopharyngioma of the third ventricle via an improved transventricular approachJian guo Xu
Department of Neurosurgery, Huaxi Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610044, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:806-11. 2005Craniopharyngioma of the third ventricle is difficult to treat and its therapeutic regimens and operative approaches have been controversial...
- Ultrastructure of ependyma in brain third ventricle of the rats exposed to repeated tail-suspension. Scanning electron microscopical studyL A Sidorenko
State Scientific Centre of Russian Federation, Institute of Biomedical Problems RAS, Khoroshevskoje shosse, 76A, 123007, Moscow, Russia
J Gravit Physiol 14:P77-8. 2007By means of scanning electron microscopy the ultrastructure of ependyma was studied in the brain third ventricle of the rats repeatedly exposed to 14-day tail-suspension (TS)...
- Computational investigation of subject-specific cerebrospinal fluid flow in the third ventricle and aqueduct of SylviusVartan Kurtcuoglu
Laboratory of Thermodynamics in Emerging Technologies, Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
J Biomech 40:1235-45. 2007The cerebrospinal fluid flow in the third ventricle of the brain and the aqueduct of Sylvius was studied using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) based on subject-specific boundary conditions derived from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) ..
- Operative technique: the anterior transcallosal transseptal interforniceal approach to the third ventricle and resection of hypothalamic hamartomasJeffrey V Rosenfeld
Children s Epilepsy Program, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Vic, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 11:738-44. 2004..the technique and now describe in detail an anterior transcallosal transseptal interforniceal approach to the third ventricle as a variation of the standard transcallosal interforniceal approach...
- [Shunt operation versus endoscopic ventriculostomy in normal pressure hydrocephalus: diagnostics and outcome]U Meier
Klinik für Neurochirurgie, Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin
Zentralbl Neurochir 64:19-23. 2003..Patients whose outflow resistance is increased in the ventricular infusion test are suspected for a functional interventricular stenosis and should be treated by means of an endoscopic assisted ventriculostomy...
- Repeat endoscopic third ventriculostomy: is it worth trying?V Siomin
Dana Children s Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel
Childs Nerv Syst 17:551-5. 2001..The goal of this study was to evaluate the safety, efficacy, and indications for repeat endoscopic third ventriculostomies (ETV)...
- Melatonin is released in the third ventricle in humans. A study in movement disordersJosé Leston
Neurosurgical Unit A, Stem Cell and Brain Research Institute, Department of Chronobiology, Bron, France
Neurosci Lett 469:294-7. 2010..in melatonin concentration was observed between lateral and third ventricles, with the highest levels in the third ventricle (8.75+/-2.75 pg/ml vs. 3.20+/-0.33 pg/ml, p=0.01)...
- A colloid cyst of the third ventricle -- the cause of episodic headache and sudden unexpected death in an adolescent girlMaja Skerbinjek Kavalar
Clinical Department of Pediatrics, Maribor Teaching Hospital, Maribor, Slovenia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 117:837-40. 2005An 18-year-old girl was found dead in her bed. The autopsy revealed a colloid cyst of the third ventricle. The cyst obstructed the flow of cerebrospinal fluid, leading to prominent internal hydrocephalus with consecutive brain edema and ..
- Neuropsychological effects of third ventricle tumor surgeryMelissa A Friedman
The Brain and Spine Center, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Neurosurgery 52:791-8; discussion 798. 2003This study assessed the neuropsychological outcome of patients after surgical treatment for third ventricle brain tumors...
- The role of different imaging modalities: is MRI a conditio sine qua non for ETV?Erik J van Lindert
Neurosurgical Department, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Childs Nerv Syst 22:1529-36. 2006....
- Endoscopic aqueductoplasty in the treatment of aqueductal stenosisHenry W S Schroeder
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Sauerbruchstrasse, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 20:821-7. 2004..Endoscopic aqueductoplasty is an option in the treatment of obstructive hydrocephalus caused by aqueductal stenoses. We report on our experience with this endoscopic technique, focussing on indications, operative technique, and results...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in infants of less than 1 year of age: which factors influence the outcome?Dorothee Koch
Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospitals, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 20:405-11. 2004..In infants, however, it is reported to have a higher failure rate. On the basis of our own data and a meta-analysis of the literature, we try to define factors prognosticating potential failure in infants aged less than 1 year...
- Hypothesis about the physiopathology of acute deterioration and sudden death caused by colloid cysts of the third ventricleAbderrahmane Hamlat
Department of Neurosurgery, CHRU Pontchaillou, Rue Henry Le Guilloux, 35000 Rennes, Cedex 2, France
Med Hypotheses 63:1014-7. 2004..Since the majority of cases of acute deterioration and death are due to CCs of the third ventricle, the authors suggest that surgical resection should be carried out on diagnosed CCs measuring over 1 cm, ..
- Xanthogranuloma of the choroid plexus of the third ventricle: case report and literature reviewP Miranda
Hospital 12 de Octubre Madrid
Neurocirugia (Astur) 16:518-22. 2005..Only few cases have been studied with MRI. A new case of xanthogranuloma of the third ventricle showing unusual features in the CT and MRI studies in a 47-year-old man with a 2-month history of gait and ..
- Sudden death due to a colloid cyst of the third ventricle: report of three cases with a special sign at autopsySerafettin Demirci
Selcuk University, Meram Medical School, Department of Forensic Medicine, Akyokus Mevkii, 42080 Meram, Konya, Turkey
Forensic Sci Int 189:e33-6. 2009Colloid cysts of the third ventricle are rare benign cysts but they may be potentially life-threatening. Three cases of sudden death resulting from colloid cysts of the third ventricle are presented...
- Colloid cysts of the third ventricle. Endoscopic and open microsurgical managementKrzysztof Stachura
Department of Neurosurgery and Neurotraumatology, Jagiellonia University Medical College, Krakow
Neurol Neurochir Pol 43:251-7. 2009The endoscopic approach to colloid cysts of the third ventricle is receiving increasing interest. However, its effectiveness is a matter of discussion...
- Anteroventral third ventricle periventricular tissue contributes to cardiac baroreflex responsesS L Bealer
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163, USA
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 27:460-4. 20001. The studies reviewed in the present paper demonstrate that the anteroventral third ventricle (AV3V) region contains tissue that can modify cardiac baroreflex sensitivity in response to circulating angiotensin (Ang)II and ..
- The application of controlled intracranial hypertension in slit ventricle syndrome patients with obstructive hydrocephalus and shunt malfunctionW E Butler
Wang Ambulatory Care Service 331, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 35:305-10. 2001When a shunted patient with slit-ventricle syndrome (SVS) presents with a shunt malfunction or infection, the third ventricle may not be of sufficient caliber, despite the shunt malfunction, to allow atraumatic passage of an endoscope to ..
- A theory on the natural history of colloid cysts of the third ventricleB E Pollock
Department of Neurological Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55901, USA
Neurosurgery 46:1077-81; discussion 1081-3. 2000..However, the clinical and neuroimaging characteristics related to symptom development are poorly understood...
- Surgical management of colloid cyst of the third ventricle--a study of 105 casesKetan I Desai
Department of Neurosurgery, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Seth G S Medical College, Parel, Mumbai, India
Surg Neurol 57:295-302; discussion 302-4. 2002Colloid cyst of the third ventricle is a relatively rare intracranial tumor. It generates tremendous interest for the neurosurgeon because of its benign nature, deep location, and an excellent prognosis when diagnosed early and excised.
- Water jet dissection technique for endoscopic third ventriculostomy minimises the risk of bleeding and neurological complications in obstructive hydrocephalus with a thick and opaque third ventricle floorY R Yadav
Department of Neurosurgery, NSCB Medical College and Hospital, Jabalpur, India
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 53:155-8. 2010..the ventricular floor can occur when using a conventional probe, especially in patients with a thick and opaque third ventricle floor. The water jet dissection technique can be useful in such cases to perform an initial perforation.
- Management outcome of the transcallosal, transforaminal approach to colloid cysts of the anterior third ventricle: an analysis of 78 casesNigel Peter Symss
Dr A Lakshmipathi Neurosurgical Centre, VHS Hospital, Chennai, India
Neurol India 59:542-7. 2011..2-2.0% of all brain lesions. Transcallosal, transforaminal approach is a safe route and the most direct path to excise third ventricular colloid cyst, without dependence on hydrocephalus...
- Atypical syncope in a child due to a colloid cyst of the third ventricleEthan M Goldberg
Division of Neurology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatr Neurol 45:331-4. 2011..Computed tomography indicated a 0.6 cm colloid cyst of the anterior third ventricle, adjacent to the foramen of Monro. This finding was confirmed by magnetic resonance imaging...
- Rhythmic expression of clock genes in the ependymal cell layer of the third ventricle of rodents is independent of melatonin signalingShinobu Yasuo
Dr Senckenbergische Anatomie, Institut f Anatomie II, Goethe Universitat Frankfurt am Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 28:2443-50. 2008..Recent studies have shown that the ependymal cell layer lining the infundibular recess of the third ventricle (EC) is a key structure for the photoperiodic gonadal response...
- Neurofiberscope-guided management of slit-ventricle syndrome due to shunt placementMikhail F Chernov
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 102:260-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate an original neurofiberscope-guided strategy for the management of slit-ventricle syndrome that occurs after shunt placement...
- Familial colloid cysts of the third ventricleM W Partington
Hunter Genetics, John Hunter Hospital, The Hunter Area Health Service, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Genet 66:473-5. 2004A father and daughter with colloid cysts of the third ventricle are described. The nine previously reported examples of familial occurrence are reviewed, and the conclusion is reached that inheritance is likely autosomal dominant...
- Bruns syndrome caused by intraventricular neurocysticercosis treated using flexible endoscopyJaime Torres-Corzo
Clinic of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Foundation for Nervous Diseases Study and Treatment, University of San Luis Potosi Medical School, Potosi, Mexico
J Neurosurg 104:746-8. 2006..Sometimes the increasing intracranial pressure due to obstruction of the cerebral aqueduct (ball-valve mechanism) is intermittent, producing relapsing/remitting symptoms; this life-threatening phenomenon is called "Bruns syndrome."..
- Treatment options for Dandy-Walker malformationAaron Mohanty
Department of Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India
J Neurosurg 105:348-56. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of various treatment options available for children with Dandy-Walker malformation (DWM) and to evaluate the role of endoscopic procedures in the treatment of this disorder...
- Endoscopic third ventriculocisternostomy for brainstem tumorsPaul Klimo
Department of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosurg 105:271-4. 2006..The authors retrospectively reviewed the charts of all patients harboring brainstem tumors treated at their institution, excluding those with tectal gliomas, who underwent an endoscopic third ventriculocisternostomy...
- Changes in ventricular volume in hydrocephalic children following successful endoscopic third ventriculostomyEdward St George
Department of Paediatric Neurosurgery, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham, B4 6NH, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 20:834-8. 2004..The objective was to investigate the changes in ventricular volume in hydrocephalic children following successful endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV)...
- Endoscopic observation of pathophysiology of ventricular diverticulumSatoru Osuka
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 23:897-900. 2007..We diagnosed this cystic lesion as a unique subtype of advanced VD mimicking spontaneous ventriculostomy. Endoscopic observation of the cyst was very useful for accurate diagnosis and safe treatment...
- Late rapid deterioration after endoscopic third ventriculostomy: additional cases and review of the literatureJames Drake
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto, Canada
J Neurosurg 105:118-26. 2006..Following the death at the University of Toronto of an additional patient who underwent surgery elsewhere, they canvassed pediatric neurosurgeons in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia for additional cases...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in children younger than 2 years of ageJörg Baldauf
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Sauerbruchstrasse, 17475, Greifswald, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 23:623-6. 2007..Endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) for the treatment of hydrocephalus of different etiologies is still controversial in children younger than 2 years of age. The success rate of ETV in this group of patients is analyzed in this study...
- Influence of neuroendoscopic third ventriculostomy on the size of ventricles in chronic hydrocephalusEmilia Nowosławska
Department of Neurosurgery, Research Institute, Polish Mothers Memorial Hospital, Lodz, Poland
J Child Neurol 19:579-87. 2004....
- Complications following endoscopic intracranial procedures in childrenGiuseppe Cinalli
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Santobono Children s Hospital, Naples, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 23:633-44. 2007..Nevertheless, severe, sometimes life-threatening, complications may occur during neuroendoscopic surgery, and the incidence and age specificity of complications in children have been underdescribed so far...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for the treatment of obstructive hydrocephalus during pregnancyLaurent Riffaud
Department of Neurosurgery, Pontchaillou University Hospital, Rennes, France
Obstet Gynecol 108:801-4. 2006..Endoscopic third ventriculostomy is an effective procedure for treating obstructive (noncommunicating) hydrocephalus as an alternative to ventricular shunt placement...
- Laser-assisted endoscopic third ventriculostomy: long-term results in a series of 202 patientsJanneke Van Beijnum
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurosurgery 62:437-43; discussion 443-4. 2008....
- Two-stage treatment of a tectal ganglioglioma: endoscopic third ventriculostomy followed by surgical resectionF Cultrera
Division of Neurosurgery, Ospedale M Bufalini, Cesena, Italy
J Clin Neurosci 13:963-5. 2006..We chose a two-stage approach for treating a tectal ganglioglioma in an adult: endoscopic third ventriculostomy followed by surgical excision. The advantages and disadvantages of each therapeutic strategy are discussed...
- Spinal cord gliomas and hydrocephalus: utility of neuroendoscopyM Galarza
Division of Neurosurgery, Children Hospital of Turin, Turin, Italy
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 49:347-52. 2006..The aim of this study is to report on the role of neuroendoscopy during the management of hydrocephalus that led to the diagnosis of intracranial tumoral dissemination and the subsequent finding of a spinal cord glioma...
- Outcome prediction of third ventriculostomy: a proposed hydrocephalus grading systemU Kehler
Neurosurgical Department, Asklepios Clinic Altona, Hamburg, Germany
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 49:238-43. 2006..The hydrocephalus is graded on the basis of the extent of downward bulging of the floor of the third ventricle, which reflects the pressure gradient between the 3rd ventricle and the basal cisterns, presence of directly ..
- Atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumor of the velum interpositum presenting as a spontaneous intraventricular hemorrhage in an infant: case report with long-term survivalDaniel J Donovan
Department of Surgery, Neurosurgery Service, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96859 5000, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 42:187-92. 2006..masked an underlying ATRT of the velum interpositum in the midline of the lateral ventricles and roof of the third ventricle, the first reported case in this location...
- Is there an indication for ETV in young infants in aetiologies other than isolated aqueduct stenosis?Donncha F O'Brien
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Alder Hey, Eaton Road, Liverpool, L12 2AP, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 22:1565-72. 2006..The objective was to determine whether endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV) has a role in the management of obstructive hydrocephalus in aetiologies other than idiopathic aqueduct stenosis (AS) in infants...
- [Intratumoral hemorrhage in choriocarcinoma during neuroendoscopic third ventriculostomy: case report]Takahiro Murata
Department of Neurosurgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, Nagano 390 8621, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 34:305-10. 2006..We might infer from this case that the intratumoral hemorrhage was induced by the intracranial pressure change during neuroendoscopic surgery. Perioperative management is very important for avoiding fetal intratumoral hemorrhage...
- Combined endoscopically guided third ventriculostomy with prepontine cistern placement of the ventricular catheter in a ventriculo-peritoneal shunt: technical noteH Stan
Neurosurgical Department, Emergency Clinical County Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:247-50. 2007..The authors present here details of the technique and short-term results...
- Long-term outcome and neurologic development after endoscopic third ventriculostomy versus shunting during infancyYoshio Takahashi
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Tomakomai Neurosurgical Hospital, 1 12 20 Kouyou cho Tomakomai, Hokkaido, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 22:1591-602. 2006..The clinical course and long-term outcome of these infants were examined. The outcome was also compared with that of similar infants who received ventriculoperitoneal shunting...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in children: early and late complications and their avoidanceRamon Navarro
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Childs Nerv Syst 22:506-13. 2006..However, this procedure has early and late complications that neurosurgeons must be aware of when performing it...
- Retrospective analysis of 400 neuroendoscopic interventions: the Hungarian experienceLaszlo Bognar
National Institute of Neurosurgery, Budapest, Hungary
Neurosurg Focus 19:E10. 2005..The authors present the results of 400 consecutive neuroendoscopic interventions performed by a single surgeon in 373 patients during the last 8 years...
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy in infantsY R Yadav
Neurosurgery Unit, NSCB Medical College, Jabalpur, MP, India
Neurol India 54:161-3. 2006..Endoscopic third Ventriculostomy (ETV) is one of the surgical options for obstructive hydrocephalus. There are varying opinions about results of ETV in infants. We are therefore presenting the results of ETV in 54 infants...
- The International Infant Hydrocephalus Study: concept and rationalS Sgouros
Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 22:338-45. 2006....
- Mechanisms of failure after endoscopic third ventriculostomy in young infantsWolfgang Wagner
Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospitals, Mainz, Germany
J Neurosurg 103:43-9. 2005..Particularly in infants, ETV failures often are ascribed to a still poorly developed CSF absorptive capacity...
- Neuroendoscopic treatment of multiloculated hydrocephalus in childrenPietro Spennato
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Santobono Children s Hospital, Naples, Italy
J Neurosurg 106:29-35. 2007....
- The role of endoscopic third ventriculostomy in the management of hydrocephalus associated with cerebellopontine angle tumoursC Hayhurst
The Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool, UK
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:1147-50; discussion 1150. 2006..Endoscopic third ventriculostomy provides an alternative treatment option and the success rate in this patient group has not previously been reported...
- Suprapineal recess: an alternate site for third ventriculostomy? Case reportRoy Thomas Daniel
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Adelaide South Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
J Neurosurg 101:518-20. 2004..Postoperative MR imaging and cerebrospinal fluid flow studies demonstrated a functioning ventriculostomy. The anatomy of the suprapineal recess and its suitability for endoscopic ventriculostomy are discussed...
- Occlusive hydrocephalus associated with cerebellar infarction treated with endoscopic third ventriculostomy: report of 5 casesK Yoshimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Yukioka Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 50:270-2. 2007
- Endoscopic intraventricular surgery for treatment of hydrocephalus and loculated CSF space in children less than one year of ageMichael J Fritsch
Department of Neurosurgery, University Clinic Kiel, Weimarer Strasse 8, D 24106 Kiel, Germany
Pediatr Neurosurg 36:183-8. 2002..We conclude that neuroendoscopy presents an effective alternative for the treatment of hydrocephalus and CSF loculation in infants less than 1 year of age...
- [Changes in head circumference and ventricular system size after neuro-endoscopic third ventriculostomy in children]Emilia Nowosławska
Neurol Neurochir Pol 37:365-83. 2003..However, no tendency to a steady enlargement with time was found either in the HC or in the ventricle system size...
- INSULIN AND FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE BEHAVIOR IN DIABETESGeorge Karkanias; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific experiments will (a) examine whether insulin infusion directly into the third ventricle is able to maintain hypothalamic responsiveness to estrogen; (b) whether euglycemia and/or alternate ..
- Stress-induced hypertension and the role of the neuroimmune systemPAUL MARVAR; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently our group has shown that the CNS, in particular the anteroventral third ventricle (AV3V) forebrain region, is critical for the development of peripheral vascular inflammation and T cell ..
- Tanycytes and Nonthyroidal IllnessRONALD MICHAEL LECHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tanycytes are specialized ependymal cells found in high density along the floor and ventrolateral walls of the third ventricle between the rostral and caudal limits of the hypothalamic median eminence...
- GD3S knockdown to improve cognitive and motor deficits in models of parkinsonismMichael P McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be propagated by a recombinant adeno-associated viral vector (rAAV), and injected into the dorsal third ventricle of the brain to promote dispersion...
- Regulation of adipose tissue metabolism by central insulin and leptinChristoph Buettner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indeed, we have made the novel observation that insulin infused into the third ventricle or the MBH potently suppresses whole body and adipose tissue lipolysis and induces adipose tissue lipogenic ..
- Reproductive Plasticity in Oxytocin NeuronsWilliam E Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2013..A specific OT antagonist administered chronically to the third ventricle during late pregnancy blocked this form of plasticity with no effect on VP neurons...
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR ETHANOL-INDUCED HYPOTHYROIDISMRobert Zoeller; Fiscal Year: 1993..techniques will be linked to traditional neuroendocrine approaches including administration of drugs into the third ventricle, electrical stimulation of specific brain areas, and jugular cannulation...
- Hypothalamic Type 2 Deiodinase in Metabolism RegulationSabrina Diano; Fiscal Year: 2005..DII-producing cells are both astrocytes and tanycytes and provide a network of processes arcing between the third ventricle and the basal surface of the brain and the portal vessels of the median eminence...
- D2 TANTYCYTES IN THE REGULATION OF HPT AXISRONALD LECHAN; Fiscal Year: 2001..deiodinase (D2) mRNA in a group of specialized glial cells lining the floor and infralateral wall of the third ventricle, termed D2 tanycytes...
- HYPOTHALAMIC DYSFUNCTIONPatrick Tso; Fiscal Year: 1999..such hypothalamic dysfunction can be corrected by transplantation of lean fetal hypothalamic tissue into the third ventricle of these rates. To test three hypotheses, we will perform the following experiments: Specific Aim 1...
- REPRODUCTION--PINEAL GRAFTS, LH, FSH, AND PROLACTINMARCIA WELSH; Fiscal Year: 1992..The deep pineal of rodents is in immediate contact with the third ventricle and has morphological features that indicate interaction with the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)...
- The Role of the Hindbrain in Leptin ActionJennifer Lachey; Fiscal Year: 2004..Both intravenous and intracerebroventricular (lateral and third ventricle) leptin administration reduce food intake and body weight demonstrating that leptin passes across the blood-..
- DYSREGULATION OF GLUCOSE HOMEOSTASIS IN AGINGNir Barzilai; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will study young and old rats, by chronic and acute administration of IGF-1 peripherally and in to the third ventricle (ICV)...
- Brain Insulin Action: Role in Diabetes and ReproductionGeorge Karkanias; Fiscal Year: 2007..to test the hypothesis that a reduction in brain insulin signaling in the neural structures surrounding the third ventricle leads to a loss of neuroendocrine function as well as a loss in the ability of insulin to rescue ..
- SCN Output SignalsFrederick Davis; Fiscal Year: 2007..show that an SCN signal can affect downstream targets for the control of activity by diffusion from the third ventricle. Previously, we infused candidate molecules into the third ventricle of hamsters, and found that an SCN ..
- Presenilins, Apoptosis, and Cortical DegenerationJOE TSIEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..tangles, selective shrinkage of cortical and hippocampal tissues, and enlargement of lateral and third ventricle volume...
- TRH and Energy HomeostasisRONALD LECHAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Association 5th National ConferenceAlbert Rhoton; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- TRH REGULATION/BIOSYNTHESIS AND PARAVENTRICULAR NUCLEUSRONALD LECHAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- A HEMODYNAMIC MODEL OF INTRACRANIAL PRESSURE DYNAMICSMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2002..An improved understanding of these disorders will offer new and better treatment modalities for millions of affected patients. ..
- In Vivo Imaging of Post-Traumatic Cerebral Amyloid DepositionMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reduction of Amyloid Burden by Antisense APPNeelima Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: Targeting the translation of amyloidogenic APP by antisense synthetic oligodeoxynucleotides may prove to be an effective and safe form of gene therapy for treating familial AD and other genetic diseases. ..
- Estrogenic LXR Alpha Response /Cholesterol HomeostasisPhillip Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- In Vivo CSF Shunt Hydrodynamics in HydrocephalusMarvin Bergsneider; Fiscal Year: 2010..Documenting definitive evidence of the tuned-dynamic absorber model could have fundamental implications to all ICP disorders. ..
- Estrogenic Regulation of Inflammation Related to TMJDPhillip Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..The function of estrogen receptors ER alpha and/or ER beta will be directly addressed pharmacologically (e.g., antiestrogen) and through mutation studies of the Fc gamma RIIIA promoter. ..
- Conditioning-specific reflex modificationBERNARD SCHREURS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Determining Therapeutic Efficacy of AGE in ADNeelima Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2005..If successful, this project will validate the use of safe, naturally well-tolerated, cost-effective and alternative herbal pharmacotherapy for treating AD. ..
- Long-Term Neural Determinants of Cardiovascular DiseasesJohn Osborn; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BIPOLAR DISORDER IN LATE LIFEJohn Beyer; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research is unique and is likely to enhance our understanding of the phenomenology, course, outcome and relationship of MRI changes to the pathophysiology of bipolar disorder in late life. ..
- Sex Steroids, and TMJ PainLarry Bellinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL HIERARCHY IN THE MODULATION OF INGESTIVE BEHAVIORHARVEY GRILL; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results will also aid in guiding the design of new drugs and physiologically-based strategies for treating obesity as well as other, feeding-related pathologies. ..
- Social Modulation of NeurogenesisLynn Almli; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Brain Damage and Recovery of Function in the Adult SystemMei Fang Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2009..In sum, the present proposal seeks to determine the role of lesion-induced neurogenesis in the context of the recovery of function in the mature dove brain. ..
- Nucleus Accumbens-Mediated Feeding: Output PathwaysThomas R Stratford; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- 131-1 3F8 FOR LEPTOMENINGEAL CANCERSKim Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will be the basis for other regional therapies using radiolabeled-antibodies targeting tumor associated antigens for other CNS malignancies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Myocardial Ischemia and Vasospasm in Aneurysmal SAHMichael Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- BRAIN MONOAMINES AND LUTEINIZING HORMONE SECRETIONWilliam Crowley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Altered Baroreflex Responses by Dietary SodiumSTEVEN BEALER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The work will be performed in the Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN 38163. ..
- NPY elicits meal-anticipatory responsesDEBORAH DRAZEN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Estrogen/angiotensin receptors: normal & diabetic kidneySusan Mulroney; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding the sex-related mechanisms will help define specific therapeutic interventions. ..
- Treating CNS malignancies with 131-I-8H9Kim Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Syndecan & CNS Melanocortin Signaling in Energy BalanceStephen Benoit; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may provide important, basic insights into the control of body weight by the central melanocortin system and its recently identified co-receptor, syndecan-3. ..
- Spike After-Potentials of Oxytocin Cells in LactationRyoichi Teruyama; Fiscal Year: 2005..The specific aims of the application are to determine 1) what specific component of spike after-potentials (AHPs and DAP) is altered during lactation; 2) whether the responsive component is responsive to changes in the gonadal steroids. ..
- Behavioral Mechanisms of CNS Melanocortin ActionStephen Benoit; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will expand our understanding of this critical system for the regulation of food intake and body weight and, hopefully, provide insight into important structures and systems that are downstream of the melanocortins. ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF LONG-TERM CARDIOVASCULAR CONTROLJohn Osborn; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together, this integrative physiological approach will advance our understanding of the neural mechanisms for long-term control of arterial pressure and pathogenesis of neurogenic hypertension. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CENTRAL CONTROL OF OXYTOCIN RELEASE DURING GESTATIONSTEVEN BEALER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Brain Development on Adults with SchizophreniaGeorge Bartzokis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will change our concept of how we could treat this illness, the feasibility of changing its lifelong course, and would encourage the development of novel pharmacologic interventions to improve myelination. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of CNS Insulin in Learning and MemoryStephen Benoit; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, this line of investigation may offer novel therapeutic strategies for treating individuals with cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer' s disease. ..