Genomes and Genes
Summary: The immovable joint formed by the lateral surfaces of the SACRUM and ILIUM.
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Facet joint and sacroiliac joint injectionMichael J Tuite
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI, USA
Semin Roentgenol 39:37-51. 2004
- A systematic evaluation of the therapeutic effectiveness of sacroiliac joint interventionsHans Hansen
Pain Relief Centers, Conover, NC, USA
Pain Physician 15:E247-78. 2012The contribution of the sacroiliac joint to low back and lower extremity pain has been a subject of debate with extensive research...
- Spondyloarthritis research Consortium of Canada magnetic resonance imaging index for assessment of sacroiliac joint inflammation in ankylosing spondylitisWalter P Maksymowych
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 53:703-9. 2005To develop a feasible magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-based scoring system for sacroiliac joint inflammation in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) that requires minimal scan time, does not require contrast enhancement, evaluates ..
- Clinical and imaging efficacy of infliximab in HLA-B27-Positive patients with magnetic resonance imaging-determined early sacroiliitisNick Barkham
University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 60:946-54. 2009..To evaluate the efficacy of infliximab in HLA-B27-positive patients with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)-determined early sacroiliitis, using both clinical and MRI assessments...
- Efficacy of adalimumab in the treatment of axial spondylarthritis without radiographically defined sacroiliitis: results of a twelve-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial followed by an open-label extension up to week fifty-twoHildrun Haibel
Charité Medical University Hospital, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 58:1981-91. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) antagonist adalimumab in patients with axial spondylarthritis (SpA) without radiographically defined sacroiliitis refractory to conventional treatment...
- The Assessment of SpondyloArthritis international Society (ASAS) handbook: a guide to assess spondyloarthritisJ Sieper
Rheumatology, Medizinische Klinik I, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:ii1-44. 2009..The focus of this handbook is on practicality, with many examples of MRI and x ray images, which will help to standardise not only patient care but also the design of clinical studies...
- Functional and radiographic outcome of sacroiliac arthrodesis for the disorders of the sacroiliac jointJacob M Buchowski
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Spine J 5:520-8; discussion 529. 2005The sacroiliac joint is known to be a possible cause of chronic low back pain, but the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the sacroiliac joint have been difficult and controversial.
- Effects of etanercept versus sulfasalazine in early axial spondyloarthritis on active inflammatory lesions as detected by whole-body MRI (ESTHER): a 48-week randomised controlled trialI H Song
Campus Benjamin Franklin, Med Clinic I, Rheumatology, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 70:590-6. 2011..To evaluate the potential of etanercept versus sulfasalazine to reduce active inflammatory lesions on whole-body MRI in active axial spondyloarthritis with a symptom duration of less than 5 years...
- Histologic analysis of neural elements in the human sacroiliac jointJoel A Vilensky
Departments of Anatomy and Microbiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:1202-7. 2002The posterior ligament of the human sacroiliac joint was examined for nerves and nerve endings using histologic and immunohistochemical techniques.
- Imaging of sacroiliitisJ Braun
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, UK Benjamin Franklin, Free University, Berlin, Germany
Clin Rheumatol 19:51-7. 2000..resonance imaging (MRI) has the advantage of combining a good visualisation of the complicated anatomy of the sacroiliac joint with the ability to localise different degrees of inflammation and oedema and prove a possible spread to ..
- Percutaneous sacroiliac joint arthrodesis: a novel techniqueAhmad Al-khayer
Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
J Spinal Disord Tech 21:359-63. 2008..Consecutive case series...
- The development of Assessment of SpondyloArthritis international Society classification criteria for axial spondyloarthritis (part II): validation and final selectionM Rudwaleit
Med Klinik I, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:777-83. 2009..To validate and refine two sets of candidate criteria for the classification/diagnosis of axial spondyloarthritis (SpA)...
- The sacroiliac joint in chronic low back painA C Schwarzer
Faculty of Medicine, University of Newcastle, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:31-7. 1995STUDY DESIGN. This was a cross-sectional analytic study. OBJECTIVES. In relation to pain from the sacroiliac joint, this study sought to establish 1) its prevalence, 2) the validity of pain provocation, 3) whether any arthrographic ..
- Diagnostic validity of criteria for sacroiliac joint pain: a systematic reviewKarolina M Szadek
Department of Anesthesiology, VU University Medical Center, and EMGO Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pain 10:354-68. 2009..461; CI, 5.82 to 58.53), compression test (DOR, 3.88; CI, 1.7 to 8.9), and 3 or more positive stressing tests (DOR, 17.16; CI, 7.6 to 39) showed discriminative power for diagnosing SI joint pain...
- The diagnostic utility of magnetic resonance imaging in spondylarthritis: an international multicenter evaluation of one hundred eighty-seven subjectsUlrich Weber
Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 62:3048-58. 2010....
- Responsiveness of the Ankylosing Spondylitis Disease Activity Score (ASDAS) and clinical and MRI measures of disease activity in a 1-year follow-up study of patients with axial spondyloarthritis treated with tumour necrosis factor alpha inhibitorsSusanne Juhl Pedersen
Department of Rheumatology, C Post 535, Gentofte University Hospital, Niels Andersens Vej 65, DK 2900 Hellerup, Denmark
Ann Rheum Dis 69:1065-71. 2010..To investigate construct validity and responsiveness of the novel ankylosing spondylitis (AS) disease activity score (ASDAS) in patients with spondyloarthritis (SpA)...
- Sacroiliac joint compression using an anterior pelvic compressor: a mechanical study in synthetic boneMichael J Gardner
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Orthop Trauma 21:435-41. 2007..posteriorly, and mounted with a femoral distractor as a compressor may impart compression forces across the sacroiliac joint. This would be useful for indirect reduction and stabilization of the posterior pelvis...
- Poor outcome following bilateral sacroiliac joint fusion for degenerative sacroiliac joint syndromeUwe Schütz
Schulthess Clinic, Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Orthop Belg 72:296-308. 2006The purpose of this retrospective study was to evaluate the clinical and radiological outcome of bilateral sacroiliac joint (SIJ) fusion, using a new technique, in patients with a chronic SIJ syndrome...
- Scoring sacroiliac joints by magnetic resonance imaging. A multiple-reader reliability experimentRobert B M Landewe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Maastricht, University Maastricht, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 32:2050-5. 2005....
- Diagnosis and classification of pelvic girdle pain disorders, Part 2: illustration of the utility of a classification system via case studiesPeter B O'Sullivan
Curtin University of Technology, School of Physiotherapy, GPO Box U1987, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
Man Ther 12:e1-12. 2007..The case studies demonstrate the importance of appropriate classification of PGP disorders in determining targeted intervention directed at the underlying pain mechanism of the disorder...
- Unilateral hip rotation range of motion asymmetry in patients with sacroiliac joint regional painM T Cibulka
Jefferson County Rehabilitation and Sports Clinic, Crystal City, Missouri, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1009-15. 1998..was present in 100 patients--one group with unspecified low back pain and another group with signs suggesting sacroiliac joint dysfunction...
- Magnetic resonance imaging grading system for active and chronic spondylarthritis changes in the sacroiliac jointKaren Berenth Madsen
Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:11-8. 2010....
- Evaluation of bone cortex and cartilage of spondyloarthropathic sacroiliac joint: efficiency of different fat-saturated MRI sequences (T1-weighted, 3D-FLASH, and 3D-DESS)Oktay Algin
Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Radiology Department, Bilkent Ankara Turkey
Acad Radiol 17:1292-8. 2010Accurate assessment of the morphology of sacroiliac joint (SIJ) bone cortex and cartilage bears importance in terms of detecting sacroiliitis in its earliest period...
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction: a case studyWilliam Murray
US Army, Nurse Corps, Kailua, HI, USA
Orthop Nurs 30:126-31; quiz 132-3. 2011..Upon the first appointment to the chronic pain clinic, she has been diagnosed with sacroiliac joint dysfunction. This case study will demonstrate the importance of a quality lower back pain assessment.
- Assessment of structural lesions in sacroiliac joints enhances diagnostic utility of magnetic resonance imaging in early spondylarthritisUlrich Weber
Department of Rhuematology, Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:1763-71. 2010....
- Magnetic resonance imaging changes of sacroiliac joints in patients with recent-onset inflammatory back pain: inter-reader reliability and prevalence of abnormalitiesLiesbeth Heuft-Dorenbosch
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R11. 2006..About one-third of patients with recent-onset inflammatory back pain show inflammation, and about one-sixth show structural changes in at least one SI joint...
- Bacterial sacroiliitis and gluteal abscess after dilation and curettage for incomplete abortionCedric P Yansouni
Division of Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 114:440-3. 2009..This type of infection has seldom been reported as a complication of dilation and curettage after an incomplete abortion...
- Erosions are the most relevant magnetic resonance imaging features in quantification of sacroiliac joints in ankylosing spondylitisMarius C Wick
Department of Radiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Rheumatol 37:622-7. 2010....
- [Sacroiliitis due to Kingella kingae in an adult: updates on this pathogen]Hervé Le Bars
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Virologie et Hygiene Hospitaliere, CHU Hopital Sud, Rennes, Service de Rhumatologie, CHU Hopital Sud, Rennes
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 68:341-5. 2010....
- The early disease stage in axial spondylarthritis: results from the German Spondyloarthritis Inception CohortMartin Rudwaleit
Charité Medical University Hospital, Campus Benjamin Franklin, and German Rheumatism Research Centre, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 60:717-27. 2009..Moreover, we sought to identify determinants of the development of radiographic sacroiliitis...
- Sacroiliac joint pain: anatomy, biomechanics, diagnosis, and treatmentBrian S Foley
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 85:997-1006. 2006The sacroiliac joint is an underappreciated cause of low back and buttock pain. It is thought to cause at least 15% of low back pain. It is more common in the presence of trauma, pregnancy, or in certain athletes...
- Evidence of altered lumbopelvic muscle recruitment in the presence of sacroiliac joint painBarbara Hungerford
School of Exercise and Sport Science, University of Sydney, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:1593-600. 2003Cross-sectional study of electromyographic onsets of trunk and hip muscles in subjects with a clinical diagnosis of sacroiliac joint pain and matched control subjects.
- Results of sacroiliac joint double block and value of sacroiliac pain provocation tests in 54 patients with low back painJ Y Maigne
Department of Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Medicine, Hotel Dieu University Hospital, Paris, France
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:1889-92. 1996..patients with unilateral low back pain, pain mapping compatible with a sacroiliac origin, tenderness over the sacroiliac joint, and no obvious source of pain in the lumbar spine were selected for a double anesthetic block...
- The value of medical history and physical examination in diagnosing sacroiliac joint painP Dreyfuss
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:2594-602. 1996STUDY DESIGN: This prospective study evaluated the diagnostic utility of historically accepted sacroiliac joint tests...
- MRI in predicting a major clinical response to anti-tumour necrosis factor treatment in ankylosing spondylitisM Rudwaleit
Medizinische Klinik I, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Medical School Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1276-81. 2008..To evaluate the role of MRI in predicting a Bath Ankylosing Spondylitis Disease Activity Index (BASDAI) improvement of at least 50% (BASDAI 50) upon anti-tumour necrosis factor (TNF) therapy of active ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Percutaneous fusion of the sacroiliac joint with hollow modular anchorage screws: clinical and radiological outcomeA Khurana
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust, Cardiff, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:627-31. 2009..Their persistent pain was probably due to concurrent lumbar pathology. We conclude that percutaneous hollow modular anchorage screws are a satisfactory method of achieving sacroiliac fusion...
- Sacroiliac joint pain after lumbar and lumbosacral fusion: findings using dual sacroiliac joint blocksPo Chou Liliang
Department of Neurosurgery, I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Pain Med 12:565-70. 2011The present study was performed to ascertain whether sacroiliac joint (SIJ) pain represents a potential source of pain in patients who have undergone lumbar or lumbosacral fusions.
- Radiofrequency sacroiliac joint denervation for sacroiliac syndromeF M Ferrante
Pain Medicine Center, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 26:137-42. 2001..Radiofrequency (RF) denervation of the sacroiliac (SI) joint has been advocated for the treatment of sacroiliac syndrome, yet no clinical studies or case series support its use...
- Sacroiliac joint: pain referral maps upon applying a new injection/arthrography technique. Part II: Clinical evaluationJ D Fortin
Department of Rehabilitation, Louisiana State University, New Orleans
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1483-9. 1994..OBJECTIVES. To determine the applicability of a pain referral map as a screening tool for sacroiliac joint dysfunction. SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND DATA...
- Osteophyte at the sacroiliac joint as a cause of sciatica: a report of four casesBhaskaranand Kumar
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka, India
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 10:73-6. 2002Four cases of sciatica due to osteophytes impinging on the sciatic nerve at the sacroiliac joint are reported. Of these 4 cases, 2 were treated conservatively and the other 2 required surgical excision of the osteophyte...
- Biomechanical effects of transverse partial sacrectomy on the sacroiliac joints: an in vitro human cadaveric investigation of the borderline of sacroiliac joint instabilityBinsheng Yu
Department of Spine Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:1370-5. 2009..In vitro laboratory study...
- Possible nociceptive structures in the sacroiliac joint cartilage: An immunohistochemical studyKarolina M Szadek
Department of Anesthesiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Anat 23:192-8. 2010The sacroiliac joint (SI joint) is a known source of low back pain...
- Evaluation of the presence of sacroiliac joint region dysfunction using a combination of tests: a multicenter intertester reliability studyDaniel L Riddle
Department of Physical Therapy, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1200 E Broad St, Richmond, VA 23298 0224, USA
Phys Ther 82:772-81. 2002..the intertester reliability of assessments made based on a composite of 4 tests of pelvic symmetry or sacroiliac joint (SIJ) movement that are advocated in the literature for identifying people with SIJ region dysfunction...
- The sacroiliac joint: a potential cause of pain after lumbar fusion to the sacrumVictor Katz
SpineCare Medical Group, San Francisco Spine Institute, Daly City, California, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 16:96-9. 2003The sacroiliac joint (SIJ) can cause pain after lumbosacral fusion. Diagnosis requires >75% relief after local anesthetic SIJ injection...
- Diagnosis and classification of pelvic girdle pain disorders--Part 1: a mechanism based approach within a biopsychosocial frameworkPeter B O'Sullivan
School of Physiotherapy, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
Man Ther 12:86-97. 2007..This classification model is flexible and helps guide appropriate management of these disorders within a biopsychosocial framework. While the validity of this approach is emerging, further research is required...
- The association of sacroiliac joint bridging with other enthesopathies in the human bodyGali Dar
Department of Anatomy and Anthropology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E303-8. 2007A descriptive study of the association between sacroiliac joint (extra-articular) bridging and other enthesopathies.
- The role of sacroiliac joint dysfunction in the genesis of low back pain: the obvious is not always rightNatan Weksler
Pain Service, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Soroka Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 127:885-8. 2007..Because pain caused by sacroiliac joint dysfunction can mimic discogenic or radicular low back pain, we assumed that the diagnosis of sacroiliac ..
- Sacroiliac joint pain after lumbar fusion. A study with anesthetic blocksJ Y Maigne
Service de medecine physique, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, 1 place du parvis de Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04, France
Eur Spine J 14:654-8. 2005..In this context, the sacroiliac joint could be a possible source of pain, but the frequency of its responsibility is not really known...
- Degeneration of sacroiliac joint after instrumented lumbar or lumbosacral fusion: a prospective cohort study over five-year follow-upKee Yong Ha
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1192-8. 2008..A prospective cohort study...
- Overexpression of tumor necrosis factor causes bilateral sacroiliitisKurt Redlich
University of Vienna Vienna, Austria
Arthritis Rheum 50:1001-5. 2004
- Diagram specific to sacroiliac joint pain site indicated by one-finger testEiichi Murakami
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sendai Shakaihoken Hospital, 3 16 1 Tsutsumi machi, Sendai 981 0912, Japan
J Orthop Sci 13:492-7. 2008The sacroiliac joint (SIJ) can be a source of low back and lower limb pain. The SIJ pain can originate not only from the joint space but also from the ligaments supporting the joint...
- Lumbar fusion leads to increases in angular motion and stress across sacroiliac joint: a finite element studyAlexander A Ivanov
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Bioengineering, Engineering Center for Orthopaedic Research Excellence E CORE, College of Medicine and Engineering, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:E162-9. 2009The assessment of sacrum angular motions and stress across sacroiliac joint (SIJ) articular surfaces using finite element lumbar spine-pelvis model and simulated posterior fusion surgical procedures.
- Sacroiliac joint fusion for chronic pain: a simple technique avoiding the use of metalworkK A Giannikas
Department of Orthopaedics, Hope Hospital, Salford, UK
Eur Spine J 13:253-6. 2004A previously undescribed method for posterior fusion of the sacroiliac joint (SIJ) utilizing the Cloward instrumentation is presented, suitable for cases with chronic pain and intact ligamental structures of the SIJ...
- Sacroiliac joint pain: a comprehensive review of anatomy, diagnosis, and treatmentSteven P Cohen
Johns Hopkins Hospital Pain Management Center 550 North Broadway, Suite 301 Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Anesth Analg 101:1440-53. 2005..In the present review I provide a comprehensive review of the anatomy, function, and mechanisms of injury of the SI joint, along with a systematic assessment of its diagnosis and treatment...
- Effect of the pelvic compression belt on the hip extensor activation patterns of sacroiliac joint pain patients during one-leg standing: a pilot studyHee Seok Jung
Department of Physical Therapy, TnTn Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Man Ther 18:143-8. 2013As a means of external stabilization of the sacroiliac joint (SIJ), many clinicians have often advocated the use of the pelvic compression belt (PCB)...
- Origin and pathway of sensory nerve fibers to the ventral and dorsal sides of the sacroiliac joint in ratsY Murata
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
J Orthop Res 19:379-83. 2001The purpose of this study is to clarify sensory innervation in the ventral and dorsal sides of the sacroiliac joint. Fluoro-gold, a neural tracer, was injected into the left sacroiliac joint of adult rats from the dorsal side after ..
- Application of posterior pelvic tilt taping for the treatment of chronic low back pain with sacroiliac joint dysfunction and increased sacral horizontal angleJung Hoon Lee
Department of Physical Therapy, Inje University Pusan Paik Hospital and Department of Physical Therapy, The Graduate School, Inje University, Republic of Korea
Phys Ther Sport 13:279-85. 2012..The purpose of this case was to describe the application of posterior pelvic tilt taping (PPTT) with Kinesio tape as a treatment for chronic LBP and to reduce the anterior pelvic tilt angle...
- The value of radionuclide imaging in the diagnosis of sacroiliac joint syndromeC W Slipman
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:2251-4. 1996..study was done to assess the diagnostic value of radionuclide imaging (bone scan) in the evaluation of sacroiliac joint syndrome OBJECTIVES: To determine the sensitivity and specificity of radionuclide imaging in establishing a ..
- Changes in recruitment of pelvic stabilizer muscles in people with and without sacroiliac joint pain during the active straight-leg-raise testAzadeh Shadmehr
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil 25:27-32. 2012..been proposed as a reliable methodology for assessment of load transfer through the pelvis in patients with sacroiliac joint pain (SIJP), the tonicity and timing of muscle activation during the ASLR test have not been investigated...
- Sacroiliac joint pain after lumbar/lumbosacral fusion: current knowledgeHiroyuki Yoshihara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, 301 East 17th St, New York, NY, 10003, USA
Eur Spine J 21:1788-96. 2012Recently, the sacroiliac joint (SIJ) has gained increased attention as a source of persistent or new pain after lumbar/lumbosacral fusion...
- The early diagnosis of sacroiliac joint infections in childrenMark Grippi
Department of Orthopaedics, Los Angeles County, University of Southern California Medical Center, 1200 N State Street, GNH 3900, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 26:589-93. 2006We retrospectively reviewed the medical records and imaging studies of 15 children with infections of the sacroiliac joint to determine the usefulness of specific examinations and studies to aid in the early diagnosis of this condition...
- Minimally invasive treatment for pubic ramus fractures combined with a sacroiliac joint complex injuryXiaowei Yu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No 600, Yishan Rd, Shanghai, 200011, People s Republic of China
Int Orthop 37:1547-54. 2013..of this study was to evaluate the clinical application of this minimally invasive technique in patients with pubic ramus fractures combined with a sacroiliac joint complex injury, including its feasibility, merits, and limitations.
- Relation between form and function in the sacroiliac joint. Part II: Biomechanical aspectsA Vleeming
Department of Anatomy, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 15:133-6. 1990..The influence of ridges and depressions appears to be greater than that of coarse texture. The data are compatible with the view that roughening of the SI joint concerns a physiologic process...
- Validation of the ASAS criteria and definition of a positive MRI of the sacroiliac joint in an inception cohort of axial spondyloarthritis followed up for 8 yearsSibel Z Aydin
Medeniyet University, Goztepe Training and Research Hospital Rheumatology Unit, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Rheum Dis 71:56-60. 2012..To aid implementation, ASAS has proposed a definition of a positive MRI for active sacroiliitis...
- [Imaging of bacterial infections of the sacroiliac joint]C Groves
Radiology Department, Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital Oswestry, Shropshire UK
Radiologe 44:242-53. 2004Infection of the sacroiliac joint can be pyogenic or granulomatous and is usually unilateral...
- Sacroiliac joint imagingMichael J Tuite
Department of Radiology, Division of Musculoskeletal Radiology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Medical School, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Semin Musculoskelet Radiol 12:72-82. 2008..Another cause of SI joint pain is a disorder called sacroiliac joint dysfunction, which typically has few abnormal imaging findings...
- STIR sequence in infectious sacroiliitis in three patientsAngelo Bellussi
Department of Radiology, National Institute for Infectious Disease L Spallanzani, Via Portuense, 292 00149, Rome, Italy
Clin Imaging 26:212-5. 2002....
- A systematic evaluation of prevalence and diagnostic accuracy of sacroiliac joint interventionsThomas T Simopoulos
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Pain Physician 15:E305-44. 2012The contributions of the sacroiliac joint to low back and lower extremity pain have been a subject of considerable debate and research...
- Diagnostic utility of MRI in early spondyloarthritisWalter P Maksymowych
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2S2, Canada
Curr Rheumatol Rep 13:402-8. 2011..Interest in MRI for SpA is poised for substantial growth...
- The development of Assessment of SpondyloArthritis international Society classification criteria for axial spondyloarthritis (part I): classification of paper patients by expert opinion including uncertainty appraisalM Rudwaleit
Med Klinik I, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:770-6. 2009..The objective of this study was to develop candidate classification criteria for axial SpA that include patients with but also without radiographic sacroiliitis...
- Sacroiliitis caused by Salmonella typhi: a case reportBhavuk Garg
Department of Orthopaedics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 19:244-6. 2011..We report a 22-year-old man who presented with a high-grade fever and positive blood culture for Salmonella typhi. The patient was treated with intravenous vancomycin and levofloxacin for 15 days and then oral levofloxacin for 6 weeks...
- The scintigraphic anatomy of the equine sacroiliac jointCharlotte Erichsen
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 43:287-92. 2002The aim of this study was to describe the scintigraphic appearance and location of the sacroiliac joint (SI-joint) in dorsal and dorso 30 degree lateral views of the equine pelvis in a scintigram...
- Pregnancy-associated pyogenic sacroiliitis: case report and reviewMohammad O Almoujahed
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, St John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 11:53-7. 2003..Pyogenic sacroiliitis occurs infrequently during the peripartum period...
- Double needle technique: an alternative method for performing difficult sacroiliac joint injectionsSanjeeva Gupta
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Bradford, United Kingdom
Pain Physician 14:281-4. 2011The sacroiliac joint (SIJ) is a common source of low back pain. The most appropriate method of confirming SIJ pain is to inject local anesthesia into the joint to find out if the pain decreases...
- Sacroiliac joint pathologies in low back painAnupam Datta Gupta
Department of Aged and Extended Care Rehabilitation Medicine, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, SA, Australia
J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil 22:91-7. 2009The study describes the clinical spectrum of patients with low back pain due to sacroiliac joint (SIJ) involvement with the proposition of a diagnostic scheme.
- The investigation of sacroiliitis with different imaging techniques in spondyloarthropathiesN Inanc
Division of Rheumatology, University of Marmara School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 25:591-4. 2005..The aim of this study was to compare the value of different imaging techniques in spondyloarthropathy (SpA) patients with inflammatory low back pain...
- Sacroiliac joint fusion with fibular bone graft in patients with failed percutaneous iliosacral screw fixationNabil A Ebraheim
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio, USA
J Trauma 69:1226-9. 2010..The objective of this study was to analyze the results of SI joint fusion with fibular bone graft in patients with persistent late pain after iliosacral screw fixation...
- Sacroiliac joint pain: practical managementHeidi Prather
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, One Barnes Jewish Hospital Plaza, Suite 11300, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin J Sport Med 13:252-5. 2003
- Biomechanical analysis of fixation for vertically unstable sacroiliac dislocations with iliosacral screws and symphyseal platingH C Sagi
UCSF Fresno Medical Education Program, Fresno, CA 93702, USA
J Orthop Trauma 18:138-43. 2004..To examine the effects of various iliosacral screw configurations with and without symphyseal plating on sacroiliac (SI) motion and hemipelvis stability in the vertically unstable pelvic model...
- Fluoroscopy-guided sacroiliac joint injectionsR G Dussault
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Radiology 214:273-7. 2000..Nonionic contrast material was injected to confirm the intraarticular position of the needle. Of 31 SI joint injections, 30 (97%) were intraarticular. Mean procedure time was 108 seconds. This technique is safe, rapid, and reproducible...
- Sacroiliitis infected with group A streptococcus in a child presenting with confusion and combativenessHaruki Komatsu
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama Eastern Hospital, 3 6 1 Simosueyoshi, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0012, Japan
J Infect Chemother 15:328-30. 2009....
- Sensory innervation of the sacroiliac joint in ratsY Murata
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and First Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2015-9. 2000The segmental levels of dorsal root ganglions innervating the sacroiliac joint in rats were investigated using the retrograde transport method...
- Management of pelvic instability secondary to chronic pyogenic sacroiliitis: case reportNikolaos K Kanakaris
Academic Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, School of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 10:353-8. 2009..The consequences of delayed diagnosis or inadequate treatment are often the formation of abscesses and sinuses, destructive osteomyelitis, and sequestration...
- Acute bacterial sacroiliitis in an adult: a case report and review of the literatureMeenakshi Bindal
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 88:1357-9. 2007..We review the case of middle-aged woman with sacroiliac joint (SIJ) pain after a torsional injury...
- Septic sacroiliitis: an uncommon septic arthritisL Mancarella
Department of Rheumatology, Catholic University, Rome, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 27:1004-8. 2009..We present the first case of a septic arthritis of the shoulder and of the sacroiliac joint in a woman affected by systemic sclerosis, and we reviewed the medical literature since 1997 to 2008 on ..
- Feasibility of ultrasound-guided sacroiliac joint injection considering sonoanatomic landmarks at two different levels in cadavers and patientsAndrea Klauser
Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Arthritis Rheum 59:1618-24. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the feasibility of ultrasound (US)-guided sacroiliac joint (SI joint) injection at 2 different puncture levels in cadavers and patients when defined sonoanatomic ..
- Usefulness of pain distribution pattern assessment in decision-making for the patients with lumbar zygapophyseal and sacroiliac joint arthropathyJae Hyun Jung
Department of Neurosurgery, Presbyterian Medical Center, Jeonju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:1048-54. 2007..currently no initial guides for the diagnosis of somatic referred pain of lumbar zygapophyseal joint (LZJ) or sacroiliac joint (SIJ)...
- Sacroiliac joint manipulation attenuates alpha-motoneuron activity in healthy women: a quasi-experimental studyNeda Orakifar
Physiotherapy Section, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:56-61. 2012To determine whether sacroiliac joint (SIJ) manipulation decreases α-motoneuron activity and increases the pressure pain threshold (PPT) over the posterior superior iliac spine (PSIS) in healthy women.
- Clinical features of axial undifferentiated spondyloarthritis (USpA) in China: HLA-B27 is more useful for classification than MRI of the sacroiliac jointZ Liao
Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Scand J Rheumatol 40:439-43. 2011..USpA) patients with predominantly axial involvement, and in particular the influence of human leucocyte antigen (HLA)-B27 and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the sacroiliac joint (SIJ) on the classification of axial USpA.
- EMG recordings of abdominal and back muscles in various standing postures: validation of a biomechanical model on sacroiliac joint stabilityC J Snijders
Department of Biomedical Physics, Faculty of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 8:205-14. 1998....
- Altered motor control strategies in subjects with sacroiliac joint pain during the active straight-leg-raise testPeter B O'Sullivan
School of Physiotherapy, Curtin University of Technology, Shenton Park, Western Australia, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:E1-8. 2002An experimental study of respiratory function and kinematics of the diaphragm and pelvic floor in subjects with a clinical diagnosis of sacroiliac joint pain and in a comparable pain-free subject group was conducted.
- [Magnetic resonance tomography of sacroiliitis: anatomy, histological pathology, MR-morphology, and grading]K G A Hermann
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte
Radiologe 44:217-28. 2004..Values of the 4 quadrants are summed to an activity score (range 0-16). The new grading system is proposed to facilitate the examination and shorten image interpretation time...
- Is there a preferred method for scoring activity of the spine by magnetic resonance imaging in ankylosing spondylitis?Desiree van der Heijde
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University Hospital Maastricht and CAPHRI Research Institute, University Maastricht, The Netherlands d vanderheijde kpnplanet nl
J Rheumatol 34:871-3. 2007..The Berlin and SPARCC methods were preferred most frequently. The development of a new method combining the best elements of all methods is an additional possibility...
- Efficacy of periarticular corticosteroid treatment of the sacroiliac joint in non-spondylarthropathic patients with chronic low back pain in the region of the sacroiliac jointR K Luukkainen
Satalinna Hospital, Harjavalta, Finland
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:52-4. 2002To investigate the efficacy of periarticular corticosteroid treatment of the sacroiliac joint (SIJ) in non-spondylarthropathic patients with chronic low back pain in the region of the SIJ in a double blind, controlled study.
- Whole body MR imaging in ankylosing spondylitis: a descriptive pilot study in patients with suspected early and active confirmed ankylosing spondylitisUlrich Weber
Department of Rheumatology, Balgrist University Hospital, Forchstrasse 340, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 8:20. 2007..The goal of this study was to assess the frequency and distribution of abnormalities on whole body MR imaging in patients with suspected early ankylosing spondylitis and with active confirmed ankylosing spondylitis...
- Sacroiliac joint bridging: demographical and anatomical aspectsGali Dar
Department of Anatomy and Anthropology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:E429-32. 2005A descriptive study of the association between sacroiliac joint bridging (SIB) and age, gender, laterality, and ethnic origin in a normal skeletal population. The effectiveness of radiographs in identifying SIB was also evaluated.
- Measurement of sacroiliac joint stiffness in peripartum pelvic pain patients with Doppler imaging of vibrations (DIV)H M Buyruk
Institute of Rehabilitation, University Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 83:159-63. 1999The research question of the present study was: are sacroiliac joint stiffness levels of peripartum pelvic pain patients different from those of healthy subjects?
- Inflammatory and degenerative sacroiliac joint disease in a primary back pain cohortF D O'Shea
Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:447-54. 2010..The aims of our study were to define the prevalence of SI joint disease in this cohort, and to identify clinical features that might accurately predict radiographic changes in the SI joint and spine...
- Baseline and 1-year magnetic resonance imaging of the sacroiliac joint and lumbar spine in very early inflammatory back pain. Relationship between symptoms, HLA-B27 and disease extent and persistenceH Marzo-Ortega
Section of Musculoskeletal Disease, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Chapel Allerton Hospital, Leeds LS7 4SA, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1721-7. 2009..The precise anatomical location of pathology associated with inflammatory back pain (IBP) in early spondyloarthropathy (SpA) remains unclear...
- Validation of whole-body against conventional magnetic resonance imaging for scoring acute inflammatory lesions in the sacroiliac joints of patients with spondylarthritisUlrich Weber
Department of Rheumatology, Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 61:893-9. 2009..This study is validating whole-body MRI against the current MRI standard for assessing active inflammatory lesions of the SI joints in patients with SpA...
- Experimental study of the sacroiliac joint micromotion in pelvic disruptionFranck H Dujardin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Groupe de Recherche sur le Handicap de l Appareil Locomoteur GRHAL, University Hospital of Rouen, France
J Orthop Trauma 16:99-103. 2002..To measure the sacroiliac (SI) joint micromotion when different ligamentous lesions are created to simulate various degrees of pelvic anteroposterior compression injury...
- Genetics of Severe Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) defined by thrombocytopeniaR Scofield; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, Specific Aim 4 will assemble a new cohort of families multiplex for SLE so that linkages and associations as well as particular polvmorphisms can be prospectively confirmed. ..
- The X chromosome in systemic lupus erythematosusR Hal Scofield; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will determine whether the presence of two X chromosomes is a risk factor for women and men with Klinefelter's syndrome (47,XXY). ..
- Interneuronal mechanisms for the control of walkingJianguo Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetic Determinants of Ankylosing Spondylitis SeverityMichael Weisman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Sjogren's model with anti-Ro/La and Salivary Pathology and DysfunctionR Hal Scofield; Fiscal Year: 2010..Improved understanding of the disease at a fundamental level is possible through study of animal models. Such understanding may lead to improved recognition and treatment. ..
- Immunity to versican and ankylosing spondylitisYiping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2007..we demonstrate that human versican is expressed at high levels in the human and rat intervertebral disc, sacroiliac joint, and entheses...