- Assessment of T staging and mesorectal fascia status using high-resolution MRI in rectal cancer with rectal distention
Sheng Xiang Rao
Department of Radiology, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai Medical Imaging Institute, 180 Fenglin Rd, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:4141-6. 2007
To determine the accuracy of high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) using phased-array coil for preoperative assessment of T staging and mesorectal fascia infiltration in rectal cancer with rectal distention.
- Ultrasound-guided fascia iliaca compartment block for hip fractures in the emergency department
Department of Emergency Medicine, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11209, USA
J Emerg Med 43:692-7. 2012
..An alternative to systemic opioid analgesia involves peripheral nerve blockade. This approach may be ideally suited for the ED environment, where one injection could control pain for many hours...
- Laparoscopic nerve-sparing radical hysterectomy with fascia space dissection technique for cervical cancer: description of technique and outcomes
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, PR China
Gynecol Oncol 119:202-7. 2010
..We introduce a fascia space dissection technique in order to preserve the pelvic splanchnic nerve, the hypogastric nerve and the bladder ..
- Use of the Gait Deviation Index for the assessment of gastrocnemius fascia lengthening in children with Cerebral Palsy
Bioeng Dept, Politecnico di Milano, P zza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milano, Italy
Res Dev Disabil 32:377-81. 2011
..of the GDI in the quantification of gait changes occurring after surgical intervention (gastrocnemius fascia lengthening for the correction of equinus foot deformity) in patients with CP...
- Analgesia before a spinal block for femoral neck fracture: fascia iliaca compartment block
M J Yun
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, College of Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 53:1282-7. 2009
In this prospective randomized study, the authors compared the analgesic effect of a fascia iliaca compartment (FIC) block with that of intravenous (i.v...
- Characterization of and host response to tyramine substituted-hyaluronan enriched fascia extracellular matrix
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, ND20, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Mater Sci Mater Med 22:1465-77. 2011
..We propose to enrich fascia ECM with high molecular weight tyramine substituted-hyaluronan (TS-HA) to modulate inflammation associated with ..
- Zebrafish collagen XII is present in embryonic connective tissue sheaths (fascia) and basement membranes
Hannah L Bader
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, France
Matrix Biol 28:32-43. 2009
..expression pattern than previously thought: it was ubiquitously expressed in the connective tissue sheaths (fascia) that encase the tissues and organs of the body...
- Are skeletal muscles independent actuators? Force transmission from soleus muscle in the cat
Research Institute MOVE, Faculty of Human Movement Sciences, VU Univ Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 9, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:1557-67. 2008
..Thus, within the experimental conditions of the present study, the intact cat soleus muscle appears to act mechanically as an independent actuator...
- One hundred percent fascial approximation with sequential abdominal closure of the open abdomen
C Clay Cothren
Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, MC 0206, CO 80204, USA
Am J Surg 192:238-42. 2006
..We performed a modification of the vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) technique that provided constant fascial tension, hypothesizing this would result in a higher rate of primary fascial closure...
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint ankylosis with temporalis muscle and fascia flap
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Biology Research Institute, College of Dentistry, Chosun University, Kwang Ju, Korea
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 30:189-93. 2001
This study sought to determine the efficacy of interpositional arthroplasty with temporalis muscle and fascia flap in the treatment of unilateral temporomandibular joint (TMJ) ankylosis in adults...
- Videostroboscopic assessment of unilateral vocal fold paralysis after augmentation with autologous fascia
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital at Jorvi, Turuntie 150, 02740 Espoo, Finland
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 261:177-83. 2004
..was to assess the glottal closure and the travelling mucosal wave by videostroboscopic images after autologous fascia augmentation in unilateral vocal fold paralysis (UVFP) with a special reference to objective analysis of voice...
- Histological characteristics of the deep fascia of the upper limb
Section of Anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Italy
Ital J Anat Embryol 111:105-10. 2006
..collagen fibre bundle arrangement, the presence of elastic fibres, and the density of innervation in deep muscular fascia. The study demonstrated that the fasciae are formed of numerous layers of undulating collagen fibre bundles...
- Surgical reinforcement of support for the vagina in pelvic organ prolapse: concurrent iliococcygeus fascia colpopexy (Inmon technique)
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16:197-202. 2005
To reinforce the support of the vagina, concurrent use of iliococcygeus fascia colpopexy with the McCall culdeplasty was scheduled for primary uterine prolapse...
- Single fascia iliaca compartment block for post-hip fracture pain relief
Daniel Godoy Monzon
Servicio de Ortopedia y Traumatologia, Instituto Carlos E Ottolenghi, Hospital Italiano, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Emerg Med 32:257-62. 2007
..of delirium from typically administered parenteral analgesics and continued pain, we tested the efficacy of using fascia-iliaca blocks (FICB), administered by one of four attending physicians working in the emergency department (ED), ..
- Versatility of diced cartilage-fascia grafts in dorsal nasal augmentation
Martin H Kelly
Craniofacial Unit, Chelsea, Westminster Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW10 9NH, United Kingdom
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:1654-9; discussion 1654-9. 2007
..The Turkish delight technique uses Surgicel as the sleeve material, whereas Daniel and Calvert have proposed autologous fascia.
- Dorsal augmentation with diced cartilage enclosed with temporal fascia in secondary endonasal rhinoplasty
Plastic Surgery Unit at Meir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
Aesthet Surg J 33:809-16. 2013
Placement of diced cartilage enclosed within an autologous fascia sleeve (DC-F) for nasal dorsum reconstruction is common in open rhinoplasty, but there are no data regarding its use in closed rhinoplasty (the endonasal approach).
- Matrix mechanical properties of transversalis fascia in inguinal herniation as a model for tissue expansion
University College London, Tissue Repair and Engineering Centre, Institute of Orthopaedics, Stanmore Campus, London HA7 4LP, UK
J Biomech 41:3462-8. 2008
..cause, research has focused predominantly on biochemical changes in the key tissue layer, the transversalis fascia (TF) with little direct analysis of functional tissue mechanics...
- Fibroblasts from phenotypically normal palmar fascia exhibit molecular profiles highly similar to fibroblasts from active disease in Dupuytren's Contracture
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Med Genomics 5:15. 2012
..disorder characterized by the progressive development of a scar-like collagen-rich cord that affects the palmar fascia of the hand and leads to digital flexion contractures...
- The anatomical and functional relation between gluteus maximus and fascia lata
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Padova, Padova, Italy Electronic address
J Bodyw Mov Ther 17:512-7. 2013
..males and 2 females, mean age 69 yr, were dissected to evaluate the insertions of the GM into the iliotibial band, fascia lata, lateral intermuscular septum and femur...
- Sectioning the plantar fascia. Effect on first metatarsophalangeal joint motion
Francois M Harton
Northlake Regional Medical Center, Tucker, GA, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 92:532-6. 2002
A study on the effect of sectioning the plantar fascia on the range of motion at the first metatarsophalangeal joint is presented...
- Biomechanical compatibility of surgical mesh and fascia being reinforced: dependence of experimental hernia defect repair results on anisotropic surgical mesh positioning
M V Anurov
Department of Experimental Surgery, Russian State Medical University, Moscow, Russia
Hernia 16:199-210. 2012
..We aimed to compare the effectiveness of experimental middle hernia defect repair in regard to the transverse and longitudinal positioning of anisotropic lightweight surgical mesh...
- Heel spur formation and the subcalcaneal enthesis of the plantar fascia
J Rheumatol 29:1957-64. 2002
To describe the structure and significance of subcalcaneal heel spurs associated with the plantar fascia.
- Reduced thoracolumbar fascia shear strain in human chronic low back pain
Helene M Langevin
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont, Burlington VT, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:203. 2011
The role played by the thoracolumbar fascia in chronic low back pain (LBP) is poorly understood...
- Ear reconstruction using a porous polyethylene framework and temporoparietal fascia flap
John F Reinisch
Craniofacial and Pediatric Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Beverly Hills, California 90211, USA
Facial Plast Surg 25:181-9. 2009
..The authors describe a method using a porous polyethylene (PPE) framework covered by a large temporoparietal fascia (TFP) flap raised with the underlying subgaleal fascia (SGF)...
- A constitutive model for the mechanical characterization of the plantar fascia
Arturo N Natali
Centre of Mechanics of Biological Materials, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Connect Tissue Res 51:337-46. 2010
A constitutive model is proposed to describe the mechanical behavior of the plantar fascia. The mechanical characterization of the plantar fascia regards the role in the foot biomechanics and it is involved in many alterations of its ..
- [Fascia iliaca block for femoral bone fractures in prehospital medicine]
Département d anesthésie et de réanimation, CHU de Bicetre, 78, rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 24:617-20. 2005
The aim of this study was to assess the feasibility and efficacy of fascia iliaca compartment bloc (FIB) in prehospital care performed by emergency physicians.
- Chronic compartment syndrome in the erector spinae muscle
Department of Orthopaedics, East Hospital, , Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 12:680-2. 1987
..All the other patients with chronic low-back pain had normal intramuscular pressure findings. Chronic compartment syndrome in the erector spinae muscle seems to be an extremely uncommon cause of exercise-induced low-back pain...
- TGF-beta1 overexpression in the transversalis fascia of patients with direct inguinal hernia
Faculty of Medicine, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Clin Invest 37:516-21. 2007
..We hypothesized that TGFbeta1 expression could also be altered in direct inguinal hernias...
- Myofascial force transmission and tendon transfer for patients suffering from spastic paresis: a review and some new observations
Mark J C Smeulders
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, Suite G4 226, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 17:644-56. 2007
..Additionally, some new perspectives in muscle research are discussed and myofascial force transmission is introduced as a co-determinant for the outcome of tendon transfer by presenting some exploratory observations...
- Incidence of plantar fascia ruptures following corticosteroid injection
Department of Foot and Ankle Surgery, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15224, USA
Foot Ankle Spec 3:335-7. 2010
..Therapeutic benefits often vary in terms of efficacy and duration. Rupture of the plantar fascia has been reported as a possible complication following corticosteroid injection...
- [Fascia iliaca block performed by emergency department physician trainees in hip fractures]
Rasmus Wulff Hauritz
Anaestesiologisk afdeling, Fredericia og Kolding Sygehuse, DK 6000 Kolding
Ugeskr Laeger 171:515-8. 2009
..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of fascia iliaca compartment block (FICB) performed by ED physician trainees in patients with HF.
- Does augmentation with a reinforced fascia patch improve rotator cuff repair outcomes?
Andrew R Baker
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Orthopaedic and Rheumatologic Research Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2513-21. 2012
..While the strength of a novel poly-L-lactic acid-reinforced (human) fascia patch has been documented, it is unclear whether such patches will enhance the strength or likelihood of healing ..
- Bone and temporal fascia graft for the closure of septal perforation
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Hradec Králové, Charles University Faculty of Medicine, Czech Republic
J Laryngol Otol 112:1167-71. 1998
To assess the reliability of temporal fascia and bone graft for the closure of septal perforation.
- Video. Laparoscopic dissection of Denonvilliers' fascia and implications for total mesorectal excision for treatment of rectal cancer
Jin Tung Liang
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Surg Endosc 25:935-40. 2011
To inspect Denonvilliers' fascia and its relationship with neighboring oncologically and functionally important anatomic structures by laparoscopic approach.
- Tissue-engineered fascia from vaginal fibroblasts for patients needing reconstructive pelvic surgery
Man Jung Hung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Int Urogynecol J 21:1085-93. 2010
Mesh-augmented reconstructive surgery for pelvic organ prolapse (POP) does not meet clinical expectations. A tissue-engineered fascia equivalent needs to be developed.
- Management of pilonidal sinus disease with oblique excision and bilateral gluteus maximus fascia advancing flap: result of 278 patients
General Surgery Department, Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1172-7. 2009
..We investigated the potential advantages of this advancing flap technique, which we developed...
- Dupuytren's contracture: a retrospective database analysis to assess clinical management and costs in England
Robert A Gerber
Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, Pfizer Global Development Headquarters, New London, CT, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:73. 2011
..Current surgical treatments for Dupuytren's contracture (DC) include fasciectomy and fasciotomy. We assessed the clinical management of DC in England over a 5-year period; associated NHS costs were assessed for a 1-year period...
- Implantation of autogenous meniscal fragments wrapped with a fascia sheath enhances fibrocartilage regeneration in vivo in a large harvest site defect
Department of Sports Medicine and Joint Reconstruction Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Am J Sports Med 38:740-8. 2010
..Concerning meniscal tissue regeneration, many investigators have studied the development of a tissue-engineered meniscus. However, the utility still remains unknown...
- The in vivo elastic properties of the plantar fascia during the contact phase of walking
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Foot Ankle Int 24:238-44. 2003
The in vivo elastic properties of the plantar fascia during the contact phase of walking were determined experimentally by integrating a pressure-sensitive optical gait platform with a radiographic fluoroscopy system for recording ..
- Congenital ptosis: Long-term outcome of frontalis suspension using autogenous temporal fascia or fascia lata in children
Service de Chirurgie Plastique Pédiatrique, Department of Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Hôpital Timone Enfants Timone Children s Hospital, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 63:782-6. 2010
..Twelve children with severe congenital ptosis underwent frontalis suspension surgery using autologous fascia lata or temporal fascia. The results were assessed with a mean follow-up period of 8 years...
- Intermuscular interaction between synergists in rat originates from both intermuscular and extramuscular myofascial force transmission
Center for Human Movement Studies, School of Applied Physiology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 181:38-50. 2005
..It is concluded that mechanical interaction between synergists originates from both intermuscular as well as extramuscular connective tissues. The highest contribution, however, should be ascribed to the extramuscular pathway...
- Lumbar paraspinal compartment syndrome
Senthil T Nathan
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, 210 E Gray Street, Suite 1003, Louisville, KY, 40202, USA
Int Orthop 36:1221-7. 2012
..Prospective multicentre trials may provide the surgeon with more insight into the diagnosis and management of lumbar paraspinal compartment syndrome...
- A stratigraphic approach to the superficial musculoaponeurotic system and its anatomic correlation with the superficial fascia
Lydia M Ferreira
Discipline Plastic Surgery Department of Surgery, Sao Paulo Federal University Unifesp EPM, Rua Napoleao de Barros 715, 4th Floor, São Paulo 04024 900, Brazil
Aesthetic Plast Surg 30:549-52. 2006
..classical treatises of anatomy for analyses of the stratigraphic principle of SMAS and its relationship to the fascia. In fact, SMAS, an anatomic entity, is part of this construction model...
- Temporoparietal fascia: an anatomic and histologic reinvestigation with new potential clinical applications
A T Tellioglu
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department of Kirikkale University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Plast Reconstr Surg 105:40-5. 2000
Temporoparietal fascia constitutes a very important structural unit from both an aesthetic and a reconstructive surgical point of view...
- Percutaneous needle fasciotomy for recurrent Dupuytren disease
Annet L van Rijssen
Department for Plastic, Reconstructive, and Hand Surgery, Isala Clinics, Zwolle, The Netherlands
J Hand Surg Am 37:1820-3. 2012
..However, its effect on recurrent disease is not clear...
- Arcus tendineus fascia pelvis: a further understanding
Todd S Albright
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, National Capital Consortium NIH National Naval Medical Center, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:677-81. 2005
The study was undertaken to further define the anatomy of the arcus tendineus fascia pelvis (ATFP).
- Role of TIMP-2 in fascia transversalis on development of inguinal hernias
Department of General Surgery, Alanya Teaching and Medical Research Center, Baskent University Medical Faculty, Alanya, Antalya, Turkey
J Invest Surg 18:123-8. 2005
..However, it is known that the fascia transversalis (FT) is one of the structures preventing development of hernias...
- External decompressive craniectomy including resection of temporal muscle and fascia in malignant hemispheric infarction
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Neurosurg 110:101-5. 2009
..However, the temporal muscle and fascia are significant limiting factors for external herniation of an edematous brain...
- Proteomic analysis of pubocervical fascia in women with and without pelvic organ prolapse and urodynamic stress incontinence
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Athens University School of Medicine, Alexandra Hospital, Vas Sofias 54, Athens 11528, Greece
Int Urogynecol J 21:1377-84. 2010
This pilot study compares protein expression patterns in the pubocervical fascia of women with pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI) and asymptomatic women with normal pelvic support.
- NGF-evoked sensitization of muscle fascia nociceptors in humans
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
Pain 153:1673-9. 2012
..As the muscle fascia is densely innervated by free nerve endings, we hypothesized a lasting sensitization of fascia nociceptors by NGF...
- Changes in collagen and elastic fiber contents of the skin, rectus sheath, transversalis fascia and peritoneum in primary inguinal hernia patients
Department of Surgery, Ataturk Teaching and Research Hospital, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey
Bratisl Lek Listy 107:235-8. 2006
..Previous studies have shown that patients with inguinal hernia have some anomalies in collagen metabolism and changed ratio of collagen types...
- Single fascia iliaca compartment block for pain relief in patients with fractured neck of femur in the emergency department: a pilot study
Emergency Department, St Georges University, UK
Eur J Emerg Med 18:340-3. 2011
Fractured neck of femur (NOF) is a common injury in the elderly, which causes severe pain and distress. Fascia iliaca compartment block using the 'Two Pop Technique' is safe and relatively easy to perform...
- Bupivacaine infusion above or below the fascia for postoperative pain treatment after abdominal hysterectomy
Meltem Cakmak Hafizoglu
Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, 35000 Basinsitesi, Izmir, Turkey
Anesth Analg 107:2068-72. 2008
We evaluated in which anatomic layer (above the fascia [AF] or below the fascia [BF]) wound infusion of bupivacaine has the best effect on postoperative pain after abdominal hysterectomy.
- Sensory innervation of the thoracolumbar fascia in rats and humans
Department of General Internal and Psychosomatic Medicine, Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Neuroscience 194:302-8. 2011
The available data on the innervation of the thoracolumbar fascia (TLF) are inconsistent and partly contradictory. Therefore, the role of the fascia as a potential source of pain in the low back is difficult to assess...
- A new technique for dural suturing with fascia graft for cerebrospinal fluid leakage in transsphenoidal surgery
Jung Yong Ahn
Department of Neurosurgery, Yonsei Brain Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neurosurgery 65:65-71; discussion 71-2. 2009
..Most techniques use autologous tissue grafts of fat, muscle, or fascia lata, with or without the use of postoperative lumbar CSF drainage; however, patients demonstrate a relatively ..
- The correlation between plantar fascia thickness and symptoms of plantar fasciitis
Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 101:385-9. 2011
The purpose of this study was to determine whether changes in plantar fascia thickness are a reliable gauge of efficacy of treatment protocols for plantar fasciitis.
- Getting to the heel of the problem: plantar fascia lesions
Department of Radiology, Worthing and Southlands Hospitals, West Sussex, UK
Clin Radiol 64:931-9. 2009
..Clinical diagnosis is often difficult with a large range of possible diagnoses. Lesions of the plantar fascia form an important group...
- Abnormal primary tissue collagen composition in the skin of recurrent incisional hernia patients
Hernia Institute, Emory Endosurgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Am Surg 73:1254-8. 2007
..In this prospective, case-control study, nonscarred, primary abdominal wall skin and fascia biopsies were obtained in 12 patients with a history of recurrent incisional hernias and 11 control subjects ..
- Crural fascia and muscle origins related to medial tibial stress syndrome symptom location
Christopher D Stickley
Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science, College of Education, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:1991-6. 2009
..Research into the anatomical arrangement of these structures has been inconclusive. The deep crural fascia (DCF) has been implicated as a cause of traction-induced injury in MTSS but not fully researched...
- Reconstructing wide palatomaxillary defects using free flaps combining bare serratus anterior muscle fascia and scapular bone
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Sisli Etfal State Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:621-9. 2007
..In this study, we present a novel use of the free scapular bone flap combined with serratus anterior fascia and its functional and esthetic results.
- Tensile strength and host response towards different polypropylene implant materials used for augmentation of fascial repair in a rat model
Maja L Konstantinovic
Centre for Surgical Technologies, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:619-26. 2007
..At 90 days time point, explants reconstructed with tighter woven multifilament SPM were weaker than sutured or SPMM controls. Overall shrinkage of 10% was comparable for all groups...
- Use of fascia-peritoneum patch as a pledget for an infected aortic stump
Timur P Sarac
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Desk S40, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:1404-6. 2003
..We present three case reports in which we used a layer of posterior rectus fascia-peritoneum to bolster oversewing a short infected aortic stump after removal of an infected aortic graft...
- Fibrillin-1 in incisional hernias: an immunohistochemical study in scar and non-scar regions of human skin and muscle fasciae
Dept of Histology, University of Gottingen, Germany
J Anat 212:674-85. 2008
..Tissue samples from non-scar skin and muscle fascia of 12 patients with incisional hernias as well as from the respective scar tissues were obtained...
- Incisional continuous fascia iliaca block provides more effective pain relief and fewer side effects than opioids after pelvic osteotomy in children
Sandra J Lako
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 109:1799-803. 2009
..To investigate whether a continuous incisional fascia iliaca compartment (FIC) block provides more effective postoperative pain relief with fewer side effects than IV ..
- Apoptosis-like cell death induction and aberrant fibroblast properties in human incisional hernia fascia
Institut de Recerca, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Pathol 178:2641-53. 2011
..we used matched tissue-based and in vitro primary cell culture systems to examine the possible involvement of fascia fibroblasts in incisional hernia pathogenesis...
- Gerota's fascia flap: a technique for autogenous packing in major liver injuries
Emergency Department, La Sapienza Universita di Roma, Umberto I Policlinico di Roma, Roma, Italy
J Trauma 69:720-1. 2010
..The authors describe a new surgical technique consisting of Gerota's fascia dissection that provide an autogenous pedunculated flap to obtain a definitive hemostasis of the injured liver ..
- Plantar fasciitis (fasciosis) treatment outcome study: plantar fascia thickness measured by ultrasound and correlated with patient self-reported improvement
Jerry M Fabrikant
5565 Grossmont Center Drive, Bldg 3 353, La Mesa, CA 91942, USA
Foot (Edinb) 21:79-83. 2011
Ultrasound, well recognized as an effective diagnostic tool, reveals a thickening of the plantar fascia in patients with plantar fasciitis/fasciosis disease...
- Tamoxifen decreases fibroblast function and downregulates TGF(beta2) in dupuytren's affected palmar fascia
M Ann Kuhn
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Institute of Tissue Regeneration, Repair, and Rehabilitation, Bay Pines, Florida 33744, USA
J Surg Res 103:146-52. 2002
..Tamoxifen, a synthetic nonsteroidal antiestrogen, is known to modulate the production of TGF(beta). This study examined the role of tamoxifen in decreasing fibroblast function and downregulating TGF(beta2)...
- Short- and midterm results of the fascia suture technique for closure of femoral artery access sites after endovascular aneurysm repair
Vascular Center Malmö Lund, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Endovasc Ther 18:789-96. 2011
To evaluate the midterm outcomes and potential risk factors associated with the fascia suture technique (FST) for closure of femoral artery access sites after percutaneous endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR).
- The investing layer of the deep cervical fascia does not exist between the sternocleidomastoid and trapezius muscles
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 127:452-4. 2002
..We sought to describe the 3-dimensional organization of connective tissues in the suboccipital region...
- Identification and characterization of chondrogenic progenitor cells in the fascia of postnatal skeletal muscle
Stem Cell Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
J Mol Cell Biol 3:369-77. 2011
..Two prospective cell populations were isolated from rat skeletal muscle: fascia-derived cells (FDCs), extracted from gluteus maximus muscle fascia (epimysium) and muscle-derived cells (MDCs) ..
- Achilles tendon and plantar fascia in recently diagnosed type II diabetes: role of body mass index
Department of Neuroscience and Imaging, Infrared Imaging Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Biomedical Technologies, University G D Annunzio Chieti Pescara, Via dei Vestini 31, 66013 Chieti Scalo, CH, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 31:1109-13. 2012
Previous research has shown that plantar fascia and Achilles tendon thickness is increased in diabetes...
- Anatomic variations in the levator ani muscle, endopelvic fascia, and urethra in nulliparas evaluated by magnetic resonance imaging
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Charite Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:116-21. 2003
..The purpose of this study was to develop a system to quantify interindividual variation in the appearance of continence system structures in normal continent nulliparous women...
- Comparison of AlloDerm, fat, fascia, cartilage, and dermal grafts in rabbits
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Facial Plast Surg 10:187-93. 2008
..To compare various graft materials in the rabbit model, including autologous cartilage, dermal tissue, fat, and AlloDerm (a cadaver-derived material)...
- The utility of both muscle and fascia flaps in severe upper extremity trauma
Geoffrey G Hallock
Division of Plastic Surgery, The Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
J Trauma 53:61-5. 2002
..A basic schema to facilitate flap selection in the upper extremity is introduced...
- Autogenous temporalis fascia patch graft for porous polyethylene (Medpor) sphere orbital implant exposure
M S Sagoo
Ophthalmology Department, Charing Cross Hospital, Fulham Palace Road, London W6 8RF, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 88:942-6. 2004
Temporalis fascia has been recommended for hydroxyapatite sphere exposure...
- A modified fascia iliaca compartment block has significant morphine-sparing effect after total hip arthroplasty
Anaesthetic Department, La Trobe Regional Hospital, Traralgon, Victoria, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 35:949-52. 2007
We assessed whether a modified fascia iliaca compartment block in unilateral total hip arthroplasty provides a morphine-sparing effect in the first 24 hours. This involved a randomised, double blind study of 44 patients...
- Articaine: an effective adjunctive local anesthetic for painless surgery at the depth of the muscular fascia
Keith E Schulze
Dermatologic Surgery Center of Houston, P A, and University of Texas, Houston Medical School 77030, USA
Dermatol Surg 32:407-10. 2006
..Articaine is a unique amide anesthetic that contains a thiophene ring and an additional ester group. The rapid diffusion and enhanced tissue-penetrating properties of articaine enable its use for infiltrative anesthesia...
- Thoracic paravertebral nerve block, nerve stimulator guidance and the endothoracic fascia
S A Lang
Anaesthesia 60:930-1; author reply 931. 2005
- Tensile strength and host response towards silk and type i polypropylene implants used for augmentation of fascial repair in a rat model
Centre for Surgical Technologies, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Gynecol Obstet Invest 63:155-62. 2007
..We compared host response, architectural integration and tensile strength of two different macroporous silk constructs to a polypropylene type I implant in a rat model for augmentation of primary fascial defect repair...
- Surgical treatment of an exposed orbital implant with vascularized superficial temporal fascia flap
Department of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 20:502-4. 2009
..We describe a case with silicone implant exposition that was managed with a vascularized superficial temporal fascia flap...
- Fenestration of the Gerota's fascia as symptomatic treatment of floating kidneys
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Division of Nephrology, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Kidney Dis 50:1020-2. 2007
..Nephrotic syndrome was unresponsive to steroid therapy. A laparoscopic bilateral fenestration of Gerota's fascia and peritoneum allowed permanent drainage of fluid into the peritoneal cavity...
- Muscle fascia and force transmission
Peter P Purslow
Department of Food Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
J Bodyw Mov Ther 14:411-7. 2010
- Collagen in the transversalis fascia of patients with indirect inguinal hernia: a case-control study
Antonio Britto Casanova
Department of Surgery, Universidade de Caxias do Sul, Caxias do Sul, Brazil
Am J Surg 198:1-5. 2009
..The aim of this study was to analyze the constituents of total and types I and III collagen fibers in the transversalis fascias of patients with indirect inguinal hernias, compared with samples removed from nonherniated cadavers...
- The versatility of the temporoparietal fascia flap in head and neck reconstruction
Ryan M Collar
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 65:141-8. 2012
The temporoparietal fascia flap (TPFF) is a versatile tool in head and neck reconstruction. This article aims to describe the spectrum of TPFF applications through a series of case studies and related review of the literature.
- Persistent effects of everolimus on strength of experimental wounds in intestine and fascia
Martine C M Willems
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Wound Repair Regen 18:98-104. 2010
..Breaking strength of ileum, colon, and fascia was consistently and significantly reduced in the experimental groups at all time points...
- Can an FDG-PET/CT predict tumor clearance of the mesorectal fascia after preoperative chemoradiation of locally advanced rectal cancer?
Roy F A Vliegen
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Strahlenther Onkol 184:457-64. 2008
..So far, MRI and CT have failed to provide such information. Therefore, the value of a combined FDG-PET/CT in predicting tumor clearance of the mesorectal fascia (MRF) was determined.
- Preservation of lateral prostatic fascia is associated with urine continence after robotic-assisted prostatectomy
Henk G van der Poel
Department of Urology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 55:892-900. 2009
Among several clinical factors, nerve or prostatic fascia preservation is associated with an improved continence outcome in several studies.
- Toldt's fascia flap: a new technique for repairing large diaphragmatic hernias
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Shizuoka Children s Hospital, 860 Urushiyama, 420 8660 Shizuoka, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 21:64-7. 2005
..Toldt's fascia (TF) flap was used to repair defects that were too large to repair primarily even though the anterior rim of the ..
- Is the lumbodorsal fascia necessary?
Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
J Bodyw Mov Ther 12:194-7. 2008
The role of the lumbodorsal fascia is generally neglected in spine biomechanics. Yet it is perhaps the most important structure insuring the integrity of the spinal machinery...
- Augmented repair of acute Achilles tendon ruptures using gastrocnemius-soleus fascia
Department of Orthopaedic Sugery, Hospital La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Int Orthop 29:42-6. 2005
..Reconstruction of acute ruptures of the Achilles tendon augmented with gastrocnemius-soleus fascial flaps provided a good outcome but was associated with a high complication rate...
- MRI morphology of the levator ani muscle, endopelvic fascia, and urethra in women with stress urinary incontinence
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Charite Medical School, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 126:239-45. 2006
To evaluate pathomorphologic changes of the levator ani muscle, endopelvic fascia, and urethra in women with stress urinary incontinence (SUI) by MRI.
- The anterior layer of Denonvilliers' fascia: a common misconception in the laparoscopic prostatectomy literature
Fernando P Secin
Department of Urology, Sidney Kimmel Center for Prostate and Urologic Cancers, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 177:521-5. 2007
Incision of the anterior layer of Denonvilliers' fascia is commonly cited as a key step in successful dissection of the vasa deferentia and seminal vesicles from the posterior bladder neck during laparoscopic radical prostatectomy...
- Stability, continence and breathing: the role of fascia following pregnancy and delivery
D G Lee
Diane Lee and Associates, BC, Canada
J Bodyw Mov Ther 12:333-48. 2008
..Current evidence suggests that the muscles and fascia of the lumbopelvic region play a significant role in musculoskeletal function as well as continence and ..
- Randomized clinical trial comparing blunt tapered and standard needles in closing abdominal fascia
Rob A G Nordkam
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
World J Surg 29:441-5; discussion 445. 2005
..laparotomy in a 6-month period for general surgical disorders were randomized to two groups; in one, the abdominal fascia was closed with a blunt tapered needle; in the other, a sharp needle was used...
- Nonlinear finite element analysis of the plantar fascia due to the windlass mechanism
Hsin Yi Kathy Cheng
Graduate Institute of Mechanical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Foot Ankle Int 29:845-51. 2008
Tightening of plantar fascia by passively dorsiflexing the toes during walking has functional importance...
- Ultrasound guided fascia iliaca block: a comparison with the loss of resistance technique
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Reg Anesth Pain Med 33:526-31. 2008
The aim of this study was to compare the efficacy of fascia iliaca block, performed by loss of resistance and ultrasound guidance techniques.
- Effects of plantar fascia stiffness on the biomechanical responses of the ankle-foot complex
Jason Tak Man Cheung
Jockey Club Rehabilitation Engineering Centre, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, PR China
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 19:839-46. 2004
The plantar fascia is one of the major stabilizing structures of the longitudinal arch of human foot, especially during midstance of the gait cycle...
- Fascia-to-fascia closure with abdominal topical negative pressure for severe abdominal infections: preliminary results in a department of general surgery and intensive care unit
Department of General Surgery, University of Milano, Monza, Italy
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 11:523-8. 2010
..Vacuum-assisted fascial closure (VAFC-KCI(®)) of an open abdomen is one of the latest methods...
- Using an optimization approach to design an insole for lowering plantar fascia stress--a finite element study
Yu Chun Hsu
Department of Physical Therapy and Assistive Technology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Biomed Eng 36:1345-52. 2008
..However, little research has been focused on the junction stress between the plantar fascia and the calcaneus when wearing different shapes of insole...
- The use of blunt-tipped 12-mm trocars without fascial closure in laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy
Tiberio M Siqueira
Department of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
JSLS 8:47-50. 2004
..Coaptation of the tissue layers occurs during withdrawal of the trocar, preventing volume gaps that can be prone to herniation...