Genomes and Genes
Summary: Amniotic cavity fluid which is produced by the AMNION and fetal lungs and kidneys.
Publications332 found, 100 shown here
- Amniotic fluid as a novel source of mesenchymal stem cells for therapeutic transplantationPieternella S In 't Anker
Blood 102:1548-9. 2003
- Isolation of human multipotent mesenchymal stem cells from second-trimester amniotic fluid using a novel two-stage culture protocolMing Song Tsai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Reprod 19:1450-6. 2004The aim of this study was to isolate mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) from amniotic fluid obtained by second-trimester amniocentesis.
- Secretory profiles and wound healing effects of human amniotic fluid-derived mesenchymal stem cellsByung Sun Yoon
Laboratory of Cell Function Regulation, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Stem Cells Dev 19:887-902. 2010Recent evidence shows that amniotic fluid (AF) contains multiple cell types derived from the developing fetus, and may represent a novel source of stem cells for cell therapy...
- Clinical applications of prenatal and postnatal therapy using stem cells retrieved from amniotic fluidSheng Wen S Shaw
Surgery Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 23:109-16. 2011To review the potential of stem cells derived from amniotic fluid and applications in prenatal and postnatal therapy.
- Molecular and proteomic characterization of human mesenchymal stem cells derived from amniotic fluid: comparison to bone marrow mesenchymal stem cellsMaria G Roubelakis
Cell and Gene Therapy Laboratory, Centre of Basic Research II, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens BRF, Athens, Greece
Stem Cells Dev 16:931-52. 2007..In the present study, we isolated and expanded fetal MSCs from second-trimester amniotic fluid (AF)...
- Oct-4-expressing cells in human amniotic fluid: a new source for stem cell research?Andrea Romana Prusa
Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Hum Reprod 18:1489-93. 2003..Oct-4 is a marker for pluripotent human stem cells so far known to be expressed in embryonal carcinoma cells, embryonic stem cells and embryonic germ cells...
- The role of inflammation and infection in preterm birthRoberto Romero
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Semin Reprod Med 25:21-39. 2007..The isolation of bacteria in the amniotic fluid, known as microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity, is a pathological finding; the frequency of which is ..
- In vitro and in vivo properties of distinct populations of amniotic fluid mesenchymal progenitor cellsMaria G Roubelakis
Cell and Gene Therapy Laboratory, Centre of Basic Research, Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens BRFAA, Athens, Greece
J Cell Mol Med 15:1896-913. 2011..Recently, we identified and characterized human second trimester amniotic fluid (AF) as a novel source of MPCs...
- Therapeutic potential of a distinct population of human amniotic fluid mesenchymal stem cells and their secreted molecules in mice with acute hepatic failureDimitra S Zagoura
Cell and Gene Therapy Laboratory, Centre of Basic Research II, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens BRFAA, Athens, Greece
Gut 61:894-906. 2012..In previous studies, a distinct population termed human spindle-shaped MSCs were isolated and expanded from second trimester amniotic fluid (AF-MSCs) and characterised based on their phenotype, pluripotency and differentiation potential.
- Amniotic fluid: not just fetal urine anymoreMark A Underwood
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Perinatol 25:341-8. 2005b>Amniotic fluid (AF) is a complex substance essential to fetal well-being. This article reviews recent discoveries and the current understanding of the origin and circulation of AF and its nutritive, protective, and diagnostic functions...
- Functional network analysis of the transcriptomes of mesenchymal stem cells derived from amniotic fluid, amniotic membrane, cord blood, and bone marrowMing Song Tsai
Prenatal Diagnosis Center, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Stem Cells 25:2511-23. 2007..Our results suggest that amniotic fluid MSCs may initiate interactions with the uterus by upregulating oxytocin and thrombin receptors...
- Molecular and phenotypic characterization of human amniotic fluid cells and their differentiation potentialPatrizia Bossolasco
Fondazione Matarelli, 20121 Milan, Italy
Cell Res 16:329-36. 2006..b>Amniotic fluid cells (AFCs) are routinely obtained for prenatal diagnosis and can be expanded in vitro; nevertheless current ..
- Amniotic membrane and amniotic fluid-derived cells: potential tools for regenerative medicine?Ornella Parolini
Centro di Ricerca E Menni, Fondazione Poliambulanza Istituto Ospedaliero, Via Bissolati, 57, 25124 Brescia, Italy
Regen Med 4:275-91. 2009Human amniotic membranes and amniotic fluid have attracted increasing attention in recent years as a possible reserve of stem cells that may be useful for clinical application in regenerative medicine...
- The severity of chorioamnionitis in pregnant sheep is associated with in vivo variation of the surface-exposed multiple-banded antigen/gene of Ureaplasma parvumChristine L Knox
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, and School of Life Sciences, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Biol Reprod 83:415-26. 2010Ureaplasma species are the bacteria most frequently isolated from human amniotic fluid in asymptomatic pregnancies and placental infections. Ureaplasma parvum serovars 3 and 6 are the most prevalent serovars isolated from men and women...
- Renal differentiation of amniotic fluid stem cellsL Perin
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Saban Research Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Cell Prolif 40:936-48. 2007..the application, for kidney regeneration, of a novel non-genetically modified stem cell, derived from human amniotic fluid. We show that these pluripotent cells can develop and differentiate into de novo kidney structures during ..
- Human amniotic fluid-derived stem cells have characteristics of multipotent stem cellsJ Kim
Department of Biotechnology, College of Natural Science, Seoul Women s University, Nowon Gu, Seoul, Korea
Cell Prolif 40:75-90. 2007To characterize mesenchymal stem cell-like cells isolated from human amniotic fluid for a new source of therapeutic cells.
- Human and murine amniotic fluid c-Kit+Lin- cells display hematopoietic activityAndrea Ditadi
Inserm U768, Paris, France
Blood 113:3953-60. 2009We have isolated c-Kit(+)Lin(-) cells from both human and murine amniotic fluid (AF) and investigated their hematopoietic potential...
- Antimicrobial polypeptides of human vernix caseosa and amniotic fluid: implications for newborn innate defenseHiroyuki Yoshio
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pediatr Res 53:211-6. 2003..of newborns at birth, we have characterized antimicrobial polypeptides in vernix caseosa (vernix) and amniotic fluid (AF)...
- Amniotic fluid derived stem cells ameliorate focal cerebral ischaemia-reperfusion injury induced behavioural deficits in miceAshish K Rehni
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Punjabi University, Patiala 147002, Punjab, India
Behav Brain Res 183:95-100. 2007The present study has been designed to investigate the effect of amniotic fluid derived stem cells on focal cerebral ischaemia-reperfusion injury induced behavioural deficits in mice...
- High transduction efficiency of human amniotic fluid stem cells mediated by adenovirus vectorsDavide Grisafi
Gene Therapy Laboratory and Centre for Rare Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Stem Cells Dev 17:953-62. 2008..last few years some studies have shown the possibility of deriving progenitors with various potential from the amniotic fluid. Amniocentesis is a widely accepted method for prenatal diagnosis; it is associated with low risk both for the ..
- Amniotic fluid inhibits Toll-like receptor 4 signaling in the fetal and neonatal intestinal epitheliumMisty Good
Division of Newborn Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:11330-5. 2012..To define endogenous strategies that could reduce TLR4 signaling, we hypothesized that amniotic fluid can inhibit TLR4 signaling within the fetal intestine and attenuate experimental NEC, and we sought to ..
- Human amniotic fluid-derived stem cells expressing cytosine deaminase and thymidine kinase inhibits the growth of breast cancer cells in cellular and xenograft mouse modelsN H Kang
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Cancer Gene Ther 19:412-9. 2012As human amniotic fluid-derived stem cells (hAFSCs) are capable of multiple lineage differentiation, extensive self-renewal and tumor targeting, they may be valuable for clinical anticancer therapies...
- Human amniotic fluid stem cells seeded in fibroin scaffold produce in vivo mineralized matrixTullia Maraldi
Department of Laboratories, Pathological Anatomy and Forensic Medicine, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Tissue Eng Part A 17:2833-43. 2011This study investigated the potential of amniotic fluid stem cells (AFSCs) to synthesize mineralized extracellular matrix (ECM) within different porous scaffolds of collagen, poly-D,L-lactic acid (PDLLA), and silk fibroin...
- Functional genomic analysis of amniotic fluid cell-free mRNA suggests that oxidative stress is significant in Down syndrome fetusesDonna K Slonim
Department of Computer Science, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9425-9. 2009..syndrome (DS) and euploid fetuses, we used Affymetrix microarrays to compare gene expression in uncultured amniotic fluid supernatant samples...
- Racial disparity in meconium-stained amniotic fluid and meconium aspiration syndrome in the United States, 1989-2000Sudhir Sriram
Neonatology Section and Center for Perinatal Epidemiology, University of Chicago Children s Hospital, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:1262-8. 2003To estimate the prevalence of meconium-stained amniotic fluid and meconium aspiration syndrome, as well as the differences in case fatality from meconium aspiration syndrome, between non-Hispanic black and non-Hispanic white infants.
- Prediction of microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity in women with preterm labour: analysis of multiple proteins in amniotic and cervical fluidsR M Holst
Perinatal Centre, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Institute for Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska University Hospital East, Goteborg, Sweden
BJOG 118:240-9. 2011..The objective was to determine whether specific proteins in amniotic and cervical fluids alone, or in combination, could identify bacterial invasion...
- The bacterial load of Ureaplasma parvum in amniotic fluid is correlated with an increased intrauterine inflammatory responseDavid C Kasper
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 67:117-21. 2010..We analyzed 118 samples from amniotic fluid of preterm infants before 34 weeks of gestation by quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR)...
- The potential of amniotic fluid stem cells for cellular therapy and tissue engineeringPetra A B Klemmt
Georg Speyer Haus, Institute for Biomedical Research, Paul Ehrlich Str 42 44, 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1297-314. 2011Foetal cells present in amniotic fluid (AF) have been used for many years to perform prenatal genetic screening. Recent reports suggested that these cells might have additional benefits...
- Multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification (MLPA) as a stand-alone test for rapid aneuploidy detection in amniotic fluid cellsAngelique J A Kooper
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Prenat Diagn 28:1004-10. 2008..e. 13, 18, 21, X and Y) in amniotic fluid cells in routine prenatal clinical practice.
- Intravenous grafts of amniotic fluid-derived stem cells induce endogenous cell proliferation and attenuate behavioral deficits in ischemic stroke ratsNaoki Tajiri
Department of Neurosurgery and Brain Repair, Center of Excellence for Aging and Brain Repair, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43779. 2012We recently reported isolation of viable rat amniotic fluid-derived stem (AFS) cells . Here, we tested the therapeutic benefits of AFS cells in a rodent model of ischemic stroke...
- Probing stemness and neural commitment in human amniotic fluid cellsAnna Jezierski
Neurogenesis and Brain Repair, Neurobiology Program, Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council Canada, 1200 Montreal Road, Ottawa, Canada
Stem Cell Rev 6:199-214. 2010Recently, human amniotic fluid (AF) cells have attracted a great deal of attention as an alternative cell source for transplantation and tissue engineering...
- Fusobacterium nucleatum induces premature and term stillbirths in pregnant mice: implication of oral bacteria in preterm birthYiping W Han
Department of Periodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4905, USA
Infect Immun 72:2272-9. 2004..It is also associated with preterm birth and has been isolated from the amniotic fluid, placenta, and chorioamnionic membranes of women delivering prematurely...
- Valproic acid confers functional pluripotency to human amniotic fluid stem cells in a transgene-free approachDafni Moschidou
Imperial College London, London, UK
Mol Ther 20:1953-67. 2012..Here, we show that c-KIT+ human first-trimester amniotic fluid stem cells (AFSCs) can be fully reprogrammed to pluripotency without ectopic factors, by culture on Matrigel ..
- Selection of alkaline phosphatase-positive induced pluripotent stem cells from human amniotic fluid-derived cells by feeder-free systemHuai En Lu
Bioresource Collection and Research Center, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
Exp Cell Res 317:1895-903. 2011..In this study, we co-expressed through lenti-viral delivery the Yamanaka factors in amniotic fluid-derived (AF) cells...
- Early oxidative stress in amniotic fluid of pregnancies with Down syndromeS Perrone
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, V le Bracci 36, 53100 Siena, Italy
Clin Biochem 40:177-80. 2007..Some evidence suggests that oxidative stress, due to an imbalance between oxidants and antioxidants, occurs in babies with Down syndrome (DS). This study tests the hypothesis that oxidative stress occurs early in DS pregnancies...
- Tuberin and PRAS40 are anti-apoptotic gatekeepers during early human amniotic fluid stem-cell differentiationChristiane Fuchs
Institute of Medical Genetics, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Strasse 10, Vienna 1090, Austria
Hum Mol Genet 21:1049-61. 2012..Human amniotic fluid stem (AFS) cells harbor high proliferation potential, do not raise the ethical issues of embryonic stem cells, ..
- Prevalence and diversity of microbes in the amniotic fluid, the fetal inflammatory response, and pregnancy outcome in women with preterm pre-labor rupture of membranesDaniel B Digiulio
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 64:38-57. 2010..The role played by microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity (MIAC) in preterm pre-labor rupture of membranes (pPROM) is inadequately characterized, in part because of reliance on cultivation-based methods...
- Contribution of human amniotic fluid stem cells to renal tissue formation depends on mTORNicol Siegel
Institute of Medical Genetics, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Strasse 10, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Hum Mol Genet 19:3320-31. 2010Human amniotic fluid stem cells (hAFSCs) can be grown in large quantities, have a low risk for tumour development and harbour a high differentiation potential...
- Isolation of amniotic stem cell lines with potential for therapyPaolo De Coppi
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1094, USA
Nat Biotechnol 25:100-6. 2007..We report the isolation of human and rodent amniotic fluid-derived stem (AFS) cells that express embryonic and adult stem cell markers...
- Pluripotency can be rapidly and efficiently induced in human amniotic fluid-derived cellsChunliang Li
Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Hum Mol Genet 18:4340-9. 2009..Here, we report for the first time rapid and efficient generation of iPS cells from human amniotic fluid-derived cells (hAFDCs) via ectopic expression of four human factors: OCT4/SOX2/KLF4/C-MYC...
- Association between prenatal exposure to phthalates and the health of newbornsPo Chin Huang
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Environ Int 35:14-20. 2009..were to evaluate the association between maternal urine excretion, the exposure of fetus to phthalates in amniotic fluid, and the health of newborns...
- Chondrogenic differentiation of amniotic fluid-derived stem cellsYash M Kolambkar
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
J Mol Histol 38:405-13. 2007..b>Amniotic fluid-derived stem (AFS) cells have recently been isolated from human and rodent amniotic fluid and shown to be ..
- Diagnosis of intra-amniotic infection by proteomic profiling and identification of novel biomarkersMichael G Gravett
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, Ore, USA
JAMA 292:462-9. 2004..Intra-amniotic infection (IAI) is commonly associated with preterm birth and adverse neonatal sequelae. Early diagnosis of IAI, however, has been hindered by insensitive or nonspecific tests...
- Stem cells derived from human amniotic fluid contribute to acute kidney injury recoveryPeter V Hauser
Renal and Vascular Physiopathology Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, Molecular Biotechnology Centre, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Am J Pathol 177:2011-21. 2010Stem cells isolated from human amniotic fluid are gaining attention with regard to their therapeutic potential. In this work, we investigated whether these cells contribute to tubular regeneration after experimental acute kidney injury...
- The amniotic fluid as a source of cells for fetal tissue engineeringA Kaviani
Children's Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Fegan 3, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 36:1662-5. 2001..was aimed at determining whether fetal tissue constructs can be engineered from cells normally found in the amniotic fluid. METHODS: A subpopulation of morphologically distinct cells was isolated mechanically from the amniotic fluid ..
- Characterization and hepatogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from human amniotic fluid and human bone marrow: a comparative studyYu Bao Zheng
Department of Infectious Diseases, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510630, Guangdong Province, PR China
Cell Biol Int 32:1439-48. 2008..was to investigate the in vitro biological characterization and hepatic differentiation potential of human amniotic fluid-derived mesenchymal stem cells (AF-hMSCs) and human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BM-hMSCs)...
- Amniotic fluid cells and human stem cell research: a new connectionAndrea Romana Prusa
Department of Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Med Sci Monit 8:RA253-7. 2002..Despite the widespread and well-established use of amniotic fluid cells in routine prenatal genetic testing, current knowledge about the origin and properties of these cells is ..
- Midtrimester amniotic fluid matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8) levels above the 90th percentile are a marker for subsequent preterm premature rupture of membranesJoseph R Biggio
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:109-13. 2005We sought to determine whether midtrimester amniotic fluid levels of matrix metalloproteinase-8 were associated with subsequent preterm premature rupture of membranes.
- Cryopreservation of amniotic fluid-derived stem cells using natural cryoprotectants and low concentrations of dimethylsulfoxideJi Min Seo
Joint Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Cryobiology 62:167-73. 2011b>Amniotic fluid-derived stem cells (AFSCs) are a potential cell source for therapeutic applications. They can be easily mass produced, cryopreserved and shipped to clinics for immediate use...
- Choriodecidual infection and preterm birthRobert L Goldenberg
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 35249 7333, USA
Nutr Rev 60:S19-25. 2002..Results of treatment trials to eradicate the infection and reduce preterm birth have been mixed...
- Amniotic fluid stem cells are cardioprotective following acute myocardial infarctionSveva Bollini
Surgery Unit, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital, University College London, London, UK
Stem Cells Dev 20:1985-94. 2011..We have previously described the isolation of broadly multipotent cells from amniotic fluid, defined as amniotic fluid stem (AFS) cells...
- The heterogeneity of cell subtypes from a primary culture of human amniotic fluidShengli Zhang
Department of Urology, Shanghai Children s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, China
Cell Mol Biol Lett 15:424-39. 2010Heterogeneous human amniotic fluid contains various cell types. Herein, we report on the possibility of simultaneously isolating three subtypes of cells from one primary culture...
- Antimicrobial peptides in amniotic fluid: defensins, calprotectin and bacterial/permeability-increasing protein in patients with microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity, intra-amniotic inflammation, preterm labor and premature rupture of membranesJ Espinoza
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NIH DHSS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 13:2-21. 2003..this study was to determine whether parturition, premature rupture of the membranes (PROM) and microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity (MIAC) are associated with changes in amniotic fluid concentrations of these antimicrobial peptides.
- Soluble TLR2 is present in human amniotic fluid and modulates the intraamniotic inflammatory response to infectionAntonette T Dulay
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Immunol 182:7244-53. 2009..functional role of sTLR2 in modulating the intraamniotic inflammatory response to infection, we studied 109 amniotic fluid samples of women with normal pregnancy outcomes (n = 28) and women with (n = 39) and without (n = 42) ..
- Amniotic fluid interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha at mid-trimester genetic amniocentesis: relationship to intra-amniotic microbial invasion and preterm deliveryNikolaos Thomakos
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Alexandra Maternity Hospital, Athens University, Athens, Greece
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 148:147-51. 2010To determine the value of amniotic fluid interleukin-6 (AF IL-6) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (AF TNF-alpha) in the diagnosis of microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity and in the prediction of preterm delivery (PTD).
- Microarray comparative genomic hybridization (CGH)-based prenatal diagnosis for chromosome abnormalities using cell-free fetal DNA in amniotic fluidShoko Miura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Sakamoto 1 7 1, 852 8501, Nagasaki, Japan
J Hum Genet 51:412-7. 2006Cell-free fetal DNA (cffDNA) in the supernatant of amniotic fluid, which is usually discarded, can be used as a sample for prenatal diagnosis...
- The involvement of human amnion in histologic chorioamnionitis is an indicator that a fetal and an intra-amniotic inflammatory response is more likely and severe: clinical implicationsChan Wook Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Placenta 30:56-61. 2009....
- Amniotic fluid stem cells produce robust mineral deposits on biodegradable scaffoldsAlexandra Peister
Morehouse College, Department of Biology, Atlanta, Georgia 30317, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 15:3129-38. 2009..This study investigated the potential of amniotic fluid-derived stem (AFS) cells to synthesize mineralized extracellular matrix within porous medical-grade poly-..
- Amniotic fluid stem cells: a promising therapeutic resource for cell-based regenerative therapyIvana Antonucci
Department of Oral Sciences, Nano and Biotechnologies, G D Annunzio University, Chieti, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 18:1846-63. 2012..b>Amniotic fluid -derived Stem cells (AFS) are considered a novel resource for cell transplantation therapy, due to their high ..
- Amniotic fluid chemokines and autism spectrum disorders: an exploratory study utilizing a Danish Historic Birth CohortMorsi W Abdallah
Department of Epidemiology, Aarhus University School of Public Health, Aarhus, Denmark
Brain Behav Immun 26:170-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine chemokine levels in amniotic fluid (AF) samples of individuals diagnosed with ASD and their controls.
- Intraamniotic infection with genital mycoplasmas exhibits a more intense inflammatory response than intraamniotic infection with other microorganisms in patients with preterm premature rupture of membranesKyung Joon Oh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:211.e1-8. 2010..The objective of the study was to compare the intensity of inflammatory responses between intraamniotic infection with genital mycoplasmas and intraamniotic infection with other microorganisms...
- In vitro cardiomyogenic potential of human amniotic fluid stem cellsXuan Guan
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University of Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 5:220-8. 2011..In this study, we investigated whether human amniotic fluid-derived stem (hAFS) cells could be a potential source of cells for cardiac cell therapy, by testing the in ..
- Amniotic fluid as a rich source of mesenchymal stromal cells for transplantation therapyIvana Antonucci
Chieti University and Stem TeCh Group, Aging Research Center CeSI, Chieti, Italy
Cell Transplant 20:789-95. 2011Stem cells isolated from amniotic fluid are known to be able to differentiate into different cells types, thus being considered as a powerful tool for cellular therapy of different human diseases...
- Biological characteristics of stem cells from foetal, cord blood and extraembryonic tissuesHassan Abdulrazzak
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, UK
J R Soc Interface 7:S689-706. 2010..tissues such as blood, liver and bone marrow as well as from a variety of extraembryonic tissues such as amniotic fluid and placenta...
- Comparative analysis of the retinal potential of embryonic stem cells and amniotic fluid-derived stem cellsSarah Decembrini
UCL Institute of Child Health, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Stem Cells Dev 20:851-63. 2011..Human and mouse amniotic fluid-derived stem cells (AFCs) have been reported to be multipotent and express embryonic and adult stem cell ..
- Experimental amniotic fluid infection in sheep: effects of Ureaplasma parvum serovars 3 and 6 on preterm or term fetal sheepTimothy J M Moss
School of Women s and Infants Health, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health Sciences, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:122.e1-8. 2008..The objective of the study was to determine the effects in late gestation of Ureaplasma parvum serovar 3 colonization and the effects, preterm, of U. parvum serovar 6...
- Clinical significance of intra-amniotic inflammation in patients with preterm premature rupture of membranesSoon Sup Shim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Laboratory of Fetal Medicine Research, College of Medicine, Seoul National University Seoul 110 744, Korea
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1339-45. 2004..This study was conducted to determine the frequency and clinical significance of intra-amniotic inflammation in patients with preterm premature rupture of the membranes...
- Amniotic fluid proteome analysis from Down syndrome pregnancies for biomarker discoveryChan Kyung J Cho
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Proteome Res 9:3574-82. 2010..Since amniotic fluid (AF) surrounds the developing fetus, understanding the changes in AF composition in the presence of DS may ..
- Neurogenic differentiation of amniotic fluid stem cellsM Rosner
Institute of Medical Genetics, Medical University of Vienna, Währinger Strasse 10, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Amino Acids 42:1591-6. 2012In 2003, human amniotic fluid has been shown to contain stem cells expressing Oct-4, a marker for pluripotency. This finding initiated a rapidly growing and very promising new stem cell research field...
- Neurogenic cells in human amniotic fluidAndrea Romana Prusa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, Prenatal Diagnosis and Therapy, Vienna, Austria
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:309-14. 2004The purpose of this study was to determine whether human amniotic fluid contains cells that harbor the potential to differentiate into neurogenic cells.
- Maternally administered melatonin differentially regulates lipopolysaccharide-induced proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines in maternal serum, amniotic fluid, fetal liver, and fetal brainDe Xiang Xu
Department of Toxicology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
J Pineal Res 43:74-9. 2007..administered melatonin on LPS-induced proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines in maternal serum, amniotic fluid, fetal liver and fetal brain. The time pregnant mice were injected with melatonin [5...
- Racial disparity in amniotic fluid concentrations of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha and soluble TNF receptors in spontaneous preterm birthRamkumar Menon
Perinatal Research Center, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:533.e1-10. 2008..The objective of this study is to examine the inflammatory cytokine, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha and soluble TNF receptor concentrations (sTNFR1 and sTNFR2) in the amniotic fluid of black and white women at delivery.
- Endotoxin-neutralizing antimicrobial proteins of the human placentaHun Sik Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, Taejon 305 701, Korea
J Immunol 168:2356-64. 2002..to the constitutive release of histone H2B, and histones H2A and H2B contribute to bactericidal activity of amniotic fluid. Our studies suggest that histones H2A and H2B may endow the epithelium of the placenta with an antimicrobial ..
- Purification and antimicrobial activity studies of the N-terminal fragment of ubiquitin from human amniotic fluidJin Young Kim
Research Center for Proteineous Materials, Chosun University, Kwangju 501 759, Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1774:1221-6. 2007A 4.3-kDa antimicrobial peptide was isolated from human amniotic fluid by dialysis, ultrafiltration, and C18 reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography...
- Amniotic fluid stem cells increase embryo survival following injuryWeerapong Prasongchean
Developmental Biology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Stem Cells Dev 21:675-88. 2012Although amniotic fluid cells can differentiate into several mesenchymal lineages and have been proposed as a valuable therapeutic cell source, their ability to undergo terminal neuronal differentiation remains a cause of controversy...
- hCG in trophoblast tumour cells of the cell line Jeg3 and hCG isolated from amniotic fluid and serum of pregnant women carry oligosaccharides of the sialyl Lewis X and sialyl Lewis a typeUdo Jeschke
University of Rostock, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Doberaner Str 142, D 18055 Rostock, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:1087-92. 2003..For this study hCG was purified from pooled human mid-trimester amniotic fluid, serum and urine of pregnant women and from supernatants of trophoblast tumour cell cultures Jeg3 and BeWo by ..
- Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 is increased in the amniotic fluid of women who deliver preterm in the presence or absence of intra-amniotic infectionM Sean Esplin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 17:365-73. 2005..This study was conducted to determine if preterm labor leading to preterm delivery and intra-amniotic infection (IAI) are associated with changes in the amniotic fluid concentrations of MCP-1.
- BMP15 gene is activated during human amniotic fluid stem cell differentiation into oocyte-like cellsXiang Cheng
Department of Animal Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, China
DNA Cell Biol 31:1198-204. 2012..investigate the activation of bone morphogenetic protein 15 gene (BMP15) during the differentiation of human amniotic fluid stem cells (hAFSCs) into OLCs...
- Oxidative stress occurs early in Down syndrome pregnancy: A redox proteomics analysis of amniotic fluidMarzia Perluigi
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Proteomics Clin Appl 5:167-78. 2011The present study aims to evaluate a set of oxidative stress biomarkers in the amniotic fluid (AF) of women carrying Down syndrome (DS) fetuses that could prove in vivo the early occurrence of oxidative damage in DS.
- Amniotic fluid interleukin-6 and preterm delivery: a reviewA Y El-Bastawissi
Center for Perinatal Studies, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Obstet Gynecol 95:1056-64. 2000To evaluate the potential role of amniotic fluid (AF) interleukin (IL)-6 as a predictor of preterm delivery and to consider possible explanations for the proportion of women with elevated AF IL-6 who deliver preterm yet lack ..
- Measurement of pesticides and other toxicants in amniotic fluid as a potential biomarker of prenatal exposure: a validation studyAsa Bradman
Center for Children s Environmental Health Research, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 7380, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1779-82. 2003..No studies have been published that report measurements of commonly used nonpersistent pesticides in human amniotic fluid, although recent studies of pesticides in urine from pregnant women and in meconium indicate that fetuses are ..
- The LARGE principle of cellular reprogramming: lost, acquired and retained gene expression in foreskin and amniotic fluid-derived human iPS cellsKatharina Wolfrum
Molecular Embryology and Aging Group, Department of Vertebrate Genomics, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13703. 2010Human amniotic fluid cells (AFCs) are routinely obtained for prenatal diagnostics procedures...
- Proteins in leaked amniotic fluid as biomarkers diagnostic for prelabor rupture of membranesTao Wang
Laboratory of Molecular and Translational Medicine, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, P R China
Proteomics Clin Appl 5:415-21. 2011..Early diagnosis of prelabor rupture of membranes (PROM) is essential to protect mother and fetus from intra-uterus infection and preterm birth. A simple and rapid bedside test would help clinicians confirm the diagnosis for early treatment...
- MMP/TIMP imbalance in amniotic fluid during PROM: an indirect support for endogenous pathway to membrane ruptureS J Fortunato
Perinatal Research Center, Women s Health Research and Education Foundation, Nashville, TN, USA
J Perinat Med 27:362-8. 1999..This study examines the levels of the gelatinases and their natural inhibitors (tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-TIMPs) in the amniotic fluid during PROM, preterm labor (PTL) and at term.
- Potential role of culture mediums for successful isolation and neuronal differentiation of amniotic fluid stem cellsM Orciani
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Histology Section, Marche Polytechnic University, Ancona, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 21:595-602. 2008..Recently, a number of reports suggests that another suitable source of multipotent stem cells may be the amniotic fluid. Amniotic fluid mesenchymal stem cells (AFMSCs) are capable of extensive self-renewal, able to differentiate ..
- Protective effect of human amniotic fluid stem cells in an immunodeficient mouse model of acute tubular necrosisLaura Perin
Developmental Biology and Regenerative Medicine Program, Saban Research Institute, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9357. 2010..We have previously shown that clonal c-kit(pos) stem cells, derived from human amniotic fluid (hAFSC) can be induced to a renal fate in an ex-vivo system...
- Proteomic analysis of amniotic fluid in pregnancies with Klinefelter syndrome foetusesAthanasios K Anagnostopoulos
Medical Genetics, Athens University School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
J Proteomics 73:943-50. 2010..In the present study proteomic analysis was performed in twelve 2nd trimester amniotic fluid samples, eight coming from pregnancies with normal males and four with Klinefelter syndrome foetuses, as shown ..
- Amniotic fluid insulin at 14-20 weeks' gestation: association with later maternal glucose intolerance and birth macrosomiaM W Carpenter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Diabetes Care 24:1259-63. 2001To examine the hypothesis that early second trimester amniotic fluid (AF) insulin concentration is elevated and later fetal growth is augmented in gravidas demonstrating later oral glucose intolerance.
- Fetal nucleic acids in maternal body fluids: an updateDiana W Bianchi
Tufts New England Medical Center, Box 394, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1075:63-73. 2006..to be actively involved in the development of new biomarkers for prenatal diagnosis using maternal blood and amniotic fluid. We have also developed a mouse model that demonstrates that cell-free fetal (cff) DNA is detectable in the ..
- Evaluation of amniotic fluid cytokines in preterm labor and intact membranesReinaldo Figueroa
Department of Obstetrics, Cell Biology and Anatomy, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 11501, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 18:241-7. 2005To compare the amniotic fluid (AF) concentration of pro-inflammatory cytokines between women with preterm labor and intact membranes that delivered within 7 days, with those that delivered after 7 days of the amniocentesis according to ..
- Human amniotic fluid-derived stem cells are rejected after transplantation in the myocardium of normal, ischemic, immuno-suppressed or immuno-deficient ratAngela Chiavegato
Deparment of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo, 3 35121 Padova, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 42:746-59. 2007Human amniotic fluid-derived stem (AFS) cells, similarly to embryonic stem cells, could possess privileged immunological characteristics suitable for a successful transplantation even in a discordant xenograft system...
- Elevated second trimester amniotic fluid interferon gamma-inducible T-cell alpha chemoattractant concentrations as a possible predictor of preterm birthAriadne Malamitsi-Puchner
University of Athens, Medical School, Athens, Greece
J Soc Gynecol Investig 13:25-9. 2006To determine and correlate midtrimester amniotic fluid concentrations of interferon gamma-inducible T-cell alpha chemoattractant (ITAC, a chemokine directing the migration of activated T lymphocytes toward inflammation sites) and C-..
- Proteomic analysis of amniotic fluid in pregnancies with Down syndromeGeorge Th Tsangaris
Division of Biotechnology, Centre of Basic Research, Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Proteomics 6:4410-9. 2006Proteomic analysis is widely used for the detection of diagnostic markers. In the present study amniotic fluid supernatants (AFS) from pregnancies with Down syndrome (DS) fetuses and from chromosomally normal fetuses in the 17th week of ..
- Relationships between sex hormones assessed in amniotic fluid, and maternal and umbilical cord serum: what is the best source of information to investigate the effects of fetal hormonal exposure?Cornelieke van de Beek
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Utrecht, and the Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Horm Behav 46:663-9. 2004..Samples were obtained from amniotic fluid, 2nd and 3rd trimester maternal serum, and umbilical cord serum at birth...
- In vitro differentiation of human amniotic fluid-derived cells: augmentation towards a neuronal dopaminergic phenotypeShona Pfeiffer
University College Dublin, School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Conway Institute, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Cell Biol Int 34:959-67. 2010b>Amniotic fluid is known to yield a number of cell types which are multipotent, ethically derived, genetically stable, easily grown, expanded and possess favourable immunogenicity, which has resulted in an increasing interest for use in ..
- Amniotic fluid and bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells can be converted to smooth muscle cells in the cryo-injured rat bladder and prevent compensatory hypertrophy of surviving smooth muscle cellsPaolo De Coppi
Department of Pediatrics Pediatric Oncoheamatology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Urol 177:369-76. 2007..The repair of bladder injury using adult-type stem cells would be useful for adult urological patients but unsuited for neonatal patients, in whom major benefits are likely to derive from fetal-type stem cells...
- Amniotic fluid and cord plasma erythropoietin levels in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia, pregnancy-induced hypertension and chronic hypertensionKari A Teramo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Perinat Med 32:240-7. 2004The purpose of the present study was to compare fetal and neonatal outcomes with amniotic fluid erythropoietin (EPO) levels obtained in the antepartum period in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia, pregnancy-induced hypertension or ..
- Lysosomal storage diseases in non-immune hydrops fetalis pregnanciesAngelique J A Kooper
Department of Human Genetics, Division Cytogenetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Chim Acta 371:176-82. 2006..At least 20 inborn errors of metabolism may cause hydrops fetalis. Most of these are lysosomal storage diseases. The study proposes a diagnostic flowchart for prenatal diagnosis of non-immune hydrops fetalis...
- Midtrimester amniotic fluid leptin and insulin levels and subsequent gestational diabetesRosario D'Anna
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Gynecol Obstet Invest 64:65-8. 2007To evaluate midtrimester amniotic fluid leptin levels in pregnancies subsequently complicated by gestational diabetes.
- Intramembranous absorption rate is unaffected by changes in amniotic fluid compositionD Anderson
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97291, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F964-8. 2005Experiments were performed to determine the effect of amniotic fluid dilution on the rate of intramembranous absorption...
- Neurogenic potential of mesenchymal-like stem cells from human amniotic fluid: the influence of extracellular growth factorsM Orciani
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies Histology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 25:115-30. 2011..Immunophenotypical and molecular characterization showed that the 31 amniotic fluid-derived cultures expressed mesenchymal markers as well as some stemness properties...
- Flame Retardant and Adverse Perinatal Outcome (FRAPO)Morgan R Peltier; Fiscal Year: 2013..They have also been isolated from the placenta, umbilical chord, amniotic fluid and fetal membranes but their effects on pregnancy outcome are unclear...
- Feto-maternal DNA/RNA Trafficking: Biology and ApplicationDiana W Bianchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..has expanded exponentially, encompassing evaluation of fetal and placental DNA and mRNA in maternal blood, amniotic fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine...
- Human Exposure to Bisphenol A, Phthalates and Fertility, Pregnancy OutcomesRuss B Hauser; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, ovarian follicular fluid and amniotic fluid samples are collected to assess exposure in relevant target organs or in the fetal compartment, respectively...
- Cellular Mechanisms of Amniotic Fluid Volume RegulationCecilia Y Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): A normal volume of amniotic fluid (AF) is essential for normal fetal development with favorable perinatal outcome...
- Identification of Novel Genes for Congenital Diaphragmatic HerniaWendy K Chung; Fiscal Year: 2012..will accomplish this through the following specific aims: 1) Obtain diaphragm, skin, blood, and when possible amniotic fluid samples from 250 neonates with CDH, 100 children with previously repaired CDH, and amniotic fluid on 250 cases ..
- Cesarean Section Optimal Antibiotic Prophylaxis (C/SOAP) TrialAlan Thevenet N Tita; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific aim 3: To collect and store biological specimens (umbilical cord blood and amniotic fluid) for future studies, primarily to assess the association between prenatal exposure to ureaplasmas and adverse ..
- 3D human lung model to study lung disease and formation of fibrosisJoan E Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2013..Primary and progenitor cells such as HUVEC (primary cells), human amniotic fluid cells, and somatic lung progenitor cells may be used in a supporting role or to populate the matrix...
- Duration of Intrapartum Antibiotic Prophylaxis for Group B StreptococcusJessica L Illuzzi; Fiscal Year: 2010..have been found to rapidly reach and maintain minimum inhibitory concentrations in the fetal bloodstream and amniotic fluid. Current protocols from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that intrapartum ..
- Diversity &racial disparity in fetal membrane cytokine signature during infectioRamkumar Menon; Fiscal Year: 2012..Racial differences in biomarker concentrations are expected to contribute to racial disparity. Furthermore, amniotic fluid consists of multiple antimicrobial factors and the concentration and regulatory mechanisms of these factors ..
- The Effects of Ethanol on Amniotic Fluid-derived Stem CellsJENNIFER HIPP; Fiscal Year: 2010..For the current proposal, we plan to use a particular type of stem cells, amniotic fluid-derived stem cells (AFSC), as a model system...
- Human Amnion Cell Model for Investigation of Amniotic Fluid VolumeCecilia Y Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Abnormalities in amniotic fluid (AF) volume occur in 5-10% of pregnancies in the US and are often associated with increased maternal and fetal morbidity that compromises pregnancy outcome with ..
- Maternal temperament, stress, and inflammation in preterm birthLOUIS JOSEPH MUGLIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..stressors plays a key role in the induction of preterm birth;and (3) maternal peripheral blood or amniotic fluid hormones and inflammatory responses will differ prior to and following IL-1 [unreadable] administration during ..
- Co-Operative Multicenter Trials in Obstetrics &Maternal Fetal MedicineYoram Sorokin; Fiscal Year: 2013..mid-trimester genetic amniocentesis for clinical indications, and have Ureaplasma urealyticum detected in amniotic fluid, by polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- REGIONAL DIFFERENTIATION DURING FOREBRAIN DEVELOPMENTAnthony S LaMantia; Fiscal Year: 2010..source of signaling molecules available to the forebrain during early development: soluble proteins in the amniotic fluid (AF) when the anterior neural tube is open, and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) once the anterior neural tube has ..
- ASC101 Enhancement of Regenerative Capacity of Amniotic Fluid-derived Stem CellsShay Soker; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will examine amniotic fluid-derived (AFS) stem cells in combination with ASC101 in this small animal CS model...
- Development of Pluripotent Amniotic Stem Cell Banks for Disease ModelingJAMES FREDERICK ELIASON; Fiscal Year: 2011..Human amniotic fluid (AF) cells have been used for prenatal diagnosis of chromosomal and Mendelian disorders for decades...
- Primate model of mid-gestation Ureaplasma in utero infection: Prevention of neuroPETA LOUISE GRIGSBY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Biochemical markers characteristic of the fetal inflammatory response, i.e., amniotic fluid levels of PGE2, PGF2[unreadable], pro-inflammatory cytokines (IL-6, TNF-[unreadable], IL-1[unreadable]), total ..
- Immunotoxicology of Chronic Exposure to Estrogenic Bisphenol-ANorbert E Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2013..BPA has also been detected in human breast milk, amniotic fluid and cord blood...
- Engineered Delivery of Adult Versus Fetal Stem Cells for Bone RegenerationRobert E Guldberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..customized gene array analysis to elucidate differential gene regulation pathways of stem cells derived from amniotic fluid and adult bone marrow at baseline and during osteogenic differentiation...
- Assessing maternal and fetal exposure to chemicals during the second trimesterTracey J Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2012..elective pregnancy terminations between 14 and 23 weeks gestation, including maternal serum and urine, amniotic fluid, umbilical cord blood, and placenta...
- Innovative Molecular Platform for Prenatal DiagnosticsDavid Scott Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2011..Finally, we will validate the molecular technology on archival genomic DNA, amniotic fluid, and fetal nucleated red blood cells (FNRBCs)...
- Developmentally Programmed Hyperphagia and Obesity via BPA enhanced NeurogenesisMICHAEL GLENN ROSS; Fiscal Year: 2013..and paper industries, and significant levels are consistently observed in pregnant women and fetal plasma and amniotic fluid. BPA acts an endocrine disrupter (EDC), and epidemiological studies confirm that EDC exposure during ..
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine in Pregnancy: Physiologic and Clinical EffectsKENDI LEE HENSEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the pre and post-partum period Aim: To determine if OMM can decrease the incidence of meconium-stained amniotic fluid in labor and delivery as an index of fetal stress Study Two Hypothesis Physiological changes related to ..
- Pathways to shortened gestation among Black womenSHANNON L GILLESPIE; Fiscal Year: 2013..IL-1? elevations have been noted in the periphery and amniotic fluid of Black women with PTB compared to Black term controls. These findings do not extend to White populations...
- MATERNAL DEHYDRATION--FETAL/AMNIOTIC FLUID HOMEOSTASISMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2002b>Amniotic fluid (AF) is an essential accompaniment of normal pregnancy, necessary for fetal movement, growth and development. Oligohydramnios, or reduced AF volume, occurs in 8 to 38 percent of all pregnancies...
- ROLE OF UREAPLASMA INTRA-AMNIOTIC INFECTION IN IUGRGail Cassell; Fiscal Year: 1991..This study will determine the association of intra-amniotic ureaplasmal infection with IUGR. Amniotic fluid and placenta will be quantitatively cultured for U...
- REGULATION OF VEGF EXPRESSION IN PLACENTA AND MEMBRANESCECILIA CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2004A comprehensive understanding of the control of amniotic fluid volume is of major clinical importance...
- Early Gestation as a Sensitive Period to Stress in Sex-Dependent NeurodevelopmentTracy L Bale; Fiscal Year: 2013..and pathway focused PCR Arrays to analyze placental and embryonic brain tissues and proteomic analysis of amniotic fluid across gestation to identify potential translatable biomarkers and genes important in the programming of ..
- EXPERIMENTAL MODEL FOR CHORIOAMNIONITIS AND PREMATURITYMichael Gravett; Fiscal Year: 2005..After postoperative stabilization in a tether, we will; (1) inoculate Group B Streptococci (GBS) into the amniotic fluid to establish intrauterine infection and preterm labor...
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWMARK STEEN; Fiscal Year: 2001..Although they found lowered median cobalamin in the amniotic fluid from NTD pregnancies compared with controls, only ratios of MS-related metabolites provided biochemical ..
- COMPARISON OF CHORION VILLUS SAMPLING AND AMNIOCENTESISROBERT DESNICK; Fiscal Year: 1990..Phases IIIb and IV) will include the confirmation of all CVS results by appropriate studies of cultured amniotic fluid cells obtained by amniocentesis, specimens from induced abortion material or specimens obtained from newborns ..
- Mouse Model For Amniotic Fluid Volume RegulationCECILIA CHEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2002A comprehensive understanding of the control of amniotic fluid volume is of major clinical importance...
- ARACHIDONATE LIPOXYGENASE ACTIVITIES IN HUMAN PREGNANCYMurray Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 1992..The effects of hormones, bacterial products, monokines and other substances in amniotic fluid from control, and complicated (e.g. PIH, infection etc...
- Advanced Reproductive Age and Environmental HealthStephanie Engel; Fiscal Year: 2007..This unique population will allow us to assess fetal exposure to EA chemicals in the amniotic fluid. The study aims are to: 1) Assemble a repository of biological specimens collected in the antenatal period; 2) ..
- Fetal Membrane AQP Expression/Amniotic Fluid RegulationMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2004b>Amniotic fluid (AF) is an essential accompaniment of normal pregnancy, necessary for fetal movement, growth and development...
- Pluripotency of Amniotic Fluid-Derived Stem CellsCOLIN EDWARD BISHOP; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other classes of hPSCs may overcome these limitations. In the agency-wide Program Announcement, amniotic fluid is noted specifically as a potential non-embryonic source for hPSCs...
- Placental Pathology: Digital Assessment and ValidationCarolyn Salafia; Fiscal Year: 2009..against measures other than "group consensus", a poor substitute for biologically valid endpoints such as amniotic fluid or cord blood proteomics...
- Role of the Fetus in the Initiation of ParturitionCAROLE MENDELSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..lectin involved in innate immune response, that is developmentally regulated in fetal lung and secreted into amniotic fluid near term, signals the initiation of labor...
- DIAGNOSTIC VIABILITY OF UMBILICAL CORD SPECIMENSCharles Plate; Fiscal Year: 2007..Meconium is difficult to collect and in 8-20% of births in the U.S. the meconium is released into the amniotic fluid pre-birth due to some type of fetal distress...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF PLACENTAL OPIOID-ENHANCING FACTORMARK KRISTAL; Fiscal Year: 1991Recent research has demonstrated, in nonpregnant rats, that consumption of placenta or amniotic fluid significantly enhances opioid-mediated analgesia, although it does not, by itself, produce analgesia...
- ETIOLOGY, HORMONAL CRITERIA OF 3 BETA HSD DEFICIENCYSongya Pang; Fiscal Year: 2002..at risk by a) type II 3b-HSD gene analysis from amniotic and the proband's cells, b) hormonal analysis of amniotic fluid, c) fetal outcome verification; 4) association between the hormonal marker of mildly decreased Ad 3b-HSD ..
- ERYTHROPOIETIC AND HEMODYNAMIC RESPONSE TO HYPOXEMIAJohn Widness; Fiscal Year: 1990..objective of this proposal is to examine developmentally related factors which may influence fetal plasma and amniotic fluid levels of erythropoietin (Ep), erythropoiesis, and regional blood flow in chronically hypoxemic fetal sheep...
- Imprint Osmoregulation/Maternally-Dehydrated OffspringMina Desai; Fiscal Year: 2007..fetal plasma osmolality, which stimulates fetal arginine vasopressin (AVP) secretion, causing reduced amniotic fluid (AF) volume...
- ULTRASOUND SCREENING AND RISK ASSESSMENT OF PREGNANCYFredric Frigoletto; Fiscal Year: 1993..in later pregnancy (32-36 weeks) to detect abnormalities of fetal growth, fetal presentation, and placental or amniotic fluid abnormalities...
- RADIOASSAY OF ERYTHROPOIETINGISELA CLEMONS; Fiscal Year: 1991..Fetal hypoxemia in high risk pregnancies can be diagnosed by measuring the hormone level in the amniotic fluid. In addition to human erythropoietin a variety of animal erythropoietins are measurable with this assay...
- COMPARISON OF CHORION VILLUS SAMPLING AND AMNIOCENTESISEugene Pergament; Fiscal Year: 1990..be tested are whether the genetic analyses performed on chorionic villi are as accurate as those performed on amniotic fluid cells, particularly in the identification of chromosomally abnormal conceptions; and, whether CVS is ..
- CYTOMATION MOFLO MLS FLOW CYTOMETERMichael Axthelm; Fiscal Year: 1999..and assess the functions of cell subpopulations in peripheral blood, lymph nodes, thymus, bone marrow, amniotic fluid, chorion and decidua, corpus luteum, and human, monkey and mouse brain...
- MOLECULAR CYTOGENETICS IN PRE AND NEONATAL DIAGNOSISDaniel Pinkel; Fiscal Year: 1999..from the hundreds to thousands of cells that can be obtained without cell culture from a few milliliters of amniotic fluid. This will require: a) Further development of CGHx procedures and analysis software; b) Development/..
- F. nucleatum in periodontal disease and preterm birthYiping W Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..nudeatum-hosl cell interactions;and (iii) to determine if women with amniotic fluid infections of F. nucleatum harbor the same species in the vaginal track, blood, or the oral cavity.
- INTERLEUKIN-1 IN HUMAN PREGNANCYRoberto Romero; Fiscal Year: 1991..We will: 1) physically characterize IL-1-like activity in amniotic fluid and decidua; 2) describe the kinetics and cellular sources of IL-1-like activity in decidua; 3) determine the ..
- Renal Tissue Derived From Amniotic Fluid Stem CellsROGER EDWARD DE FILIPPO; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have discovered that a unique population of pluripotential cells exist in amniotic fluid that have similar totipotent properties as more traditional lines of embryonic stem cells but avoid embryo ..
- FETAL CIRCULATORY RESPONSE TO CEREBRAL COMPRESSIONRaymond Koehler; Fiscal Year: 1991..Because of the compliant fetal skull, these forces can cause intracranial pressure (ICP) to greatly exceed amniotic fluid pressure, thereby decreasing cerebral perfusion pressure. Thus, cerebral blood flow (CBF) could decrease...
- PATHOGENESIS OF PULMONARY HYPOPLASIA IN CHONDRODYSTROPHYRobert Seegmiller; Fiscal Year: 1990..experimentally induced by paralysis of the fetus, obstruction of the trachea and urinary tract, and removal of amniotic fluid. These experiments, while instructive, have their limitations...
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF 11-14 WEEK AMNIOCENTESIS AND TA CVSElizabeth Thom; Fiscal Year: 1999..a combined endpoint of fetal loss or preterm delivery before 196 days gestation and also by total fetal loss, amniotic fluid, gestational age at delivery, perinatal morbidity, neonatal morbidity and congenital abnormalities, including ..
- Role of Intrauterine Ureaplasma-Infection in BPD PathogenesisROSE MARIE VISCARDI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ureaplasma parvum and U. urealyticum are the most common organisms isolated from infected amniotic fluid and infant tracheal aspirates (3-5)...
- REGULATION OF AMNIOTIC FLUID VOLUMEROBERT BRACE; Fiscal Year: 1992..objective of the proposed studies is to understand the detail mechanisms involved in the regulation of amniotic fluid volume under normal as well as abnormal conditions...
- BIOMOLECULAR BASIS OF INFECTION-INDUCED PRETERM LABORSusan Cox; Fiscal Year: 1990..necrosis factor/cachectin (TNF-alpha), interleukin-1 (IL-1), and colony stimulating factor(s) (CSF(s)) in amniotic fluid and (ii) to ascertain if bioactive agents of infection (LPS or selected cytokines or both), which may ..
- Development PsychopharmacologyDONALD NEWPORT; Fiscal Year: 2005..exposure via collection of breast milk and serum of nursing infants, and prenatal exposure via collection of amniotic fluid in the event of amniocentesis...
- ROLE OF CATECHOLAMINES IN THE INITIATION OF LABORCHARLES DUCSAY; Fiscal Year: 1990..Studies will include measurements of epinephrine, and dopamine in maternal and fetal plasma and amniotic fluid. In addition, PG concentrations (PGEM-II, PGFM, and 6-keto-PGF1alpha) will be quantitated...
- PRENATAL INFECTION, BRAIN DEVELOPMENT AND SCHIZOPHRENIAJohn Gilmore; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Amniotic fluid and fetal cord blood levels of cytokines are increased in human pregnancies complicated by infection...
- Cell therapy of diabetes using broad spectrum multipotent stem cellsShay Soker; Fiscal Year: 2007..A promising new source of stem cells has been identified, namely, amniotic fluid collected for prenatal genetic testing...
- PLACENTAL PROTEIN AND POLYPEPTIDE HORMONESRobert Shiu; Fiscal Year: 1993..To determine where these proteins circulate - maternal serum, fetal serum, amniotic fluid - and at what levels, radioimmunoassays will be established...
- MECHANISMS OF EGF ACTION IN THE FETUS AND NEONATEDennis Styne; Fiscal Year: 1993..To elucidate mechanisms of action of EGF in fetal monkeys and to differentiate the responses to amniotic fluid (oral) and systemic (parenteral) administration of EGF in fetal Rhesus monkeys. 2...
- FEASIBILITY OF PRENATAL SCREENING FOR SLO SYNDROMEGeorge Knight; Fiscal Year: 2003..the diagnosis biochemically by measuring cholesterol precursors in the serum of affected individuals and in amniotic fluid. Secondly, the array of maternal serum analytes currently measured routinely to screen for Down syndrome in 2,..
- FETAL IMMUNOPROPHYLAXIS AGAINST A PRIMATE LENTIVIRUSRuth Ruprecht; Fiscal Year: 2001..Neutralizing mAbs levels will be measured in maternal blood, amniotic fluid, cord blood and in neonatal mucosal secretions after passive therapy of pregnant macaque dams and newborns. 3...
- Tissue-Specific Extracellular Matrix for Culturing Stem and Progenitor CellsMark Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2006..dermis ECM), 2) muscle satellite cells differentiated into skeletal myoblasts (skeletal muscle ECM), and 3) amniotic fluid-derived stem cells differentiated into hepatocytes (liver ECM)...
- DIFFERENTIATION IN HUMAN AMNIOTIC FLUID CELLSROBERT PRIEST; Fiscal Year: 1980This proposal is to characterize further the different types of cells that can be cultured from human amniotic fluid. Collagen synthesized by fibroblastic (F type) and a more frequently found type of cell (AF type) will be characterized ..
- Diagnostic proteomic profiles for aneuploidyAshok Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2004..5%-1.0% risk of miscarriage. Furthermore, chromosomal analysis of amniotic fluid cells is a labor-intensive and time-consuming procedure, taking up to two weeks...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF PULMONARY SURFACTANTSikandar Katyal; Fiscal Year: 1991..maturity and the risk of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) can be predicted by the assay of SAP-A in the amniotic fluid samples...
- HLA G TEST FOR RUPTURE OF MEMBRANES AND PRETERM DELIVERYSimon Shorter; Fiscal Year: 2000..During Phase I of this project the investigators found that HLA-G is easily detectable, by immunoblotting, in amniotic fluid. This suggests that HLA-G measurements could be used in diagnostic assays that detect amniotic fluid analytes...
- IL-1 RESPIRATORY ADAPTATION IN THE PERINATAL PERIODKristina Bry; Fiscal Year: 2001..Increased concentration of the proinflammatory cytokine interleukin-l (IL-1) in amniotic fluid has been shown to be a risk factor for the development of BPD in the newborn infant...