Genomes and Genes
intrahepatic bile ducts
Summary: Passages within the liver for the conveyance of bile. Includes right and left hepatic ducts even though these may join outside the liver to form the common hepatic duct.
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- CholangiocarcinomaShahid A Khan
Liver Unit, Division of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital Campus, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Lancet 366:1303-14. 2005..However, controversy exists over the type and positioning of biliary stents. Photodynamic treatment is a new palliative technique that might improve quality of life...
- Liver fluke induces cholangiocarcinomaBanchob Sripa
Department of Pathology, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
PLoS Med 4:e201. 2007
- Clonorchiasis: an updateH J Rim
Department of Paraitology, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 136 705, Korea
J Helminthol 79:269-81. 2005..The most effective regimen is 25 mg kg(-1) three times daily (total dose, 75 mg kg(-1)) administered orally at 5- to 6-h intervals over a single day. Prevention and control measures are also discussed...
- Increasing incidence and mortality of primary intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in the United StatesT Patel
Division of Gastroenterology, Scott and White Clinic, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Hepatology 33:1353-7. 2001..8%, respectively. In conclusion, there has been a marked increase in the incidence and mortality from intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in the United States in recent years. This tumor continues to be associated with a poor prognosis...
- Cholangiocarcinoma and Clonorchis sinensis infection: a case-control study in KoreaDongil Choi
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50, IlWon Dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul 135 710, South Korea
J Hepatol 44:1066-73. 2006..The authors conducted a hospital-based case-control study to evaluate the role of Clonorchis sinensis infection as a risk factor for the development of cholangiocarcinoma (CC), including extrahepatic CC, in Korea...
- Frequency of p16(INK4A) alterations and K-ras mutations in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma of the liverA Tannapfel
Institute of Pathology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 26, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Gut 47:721-7. 2000..Inactivation of the tumour suppressor gene p16 (CDKN2/MTS-1/INK4A) and K-ras mutations are among the most frequent genetic alterations in human malignancies...
- Cholangiocarcinoma: lessons from ThailandBanchob Sripa
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Thailand
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 24:349-56. 2008..To present the background of liver fluke-associated cholangiocarcinoma in Thailand focusing on recent epidemiological data and pathogenesis of this bile duct cancer...
- High lifetime risk of cancer in primary sclerosing cholangitisMarian M H Claessen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 50:158-64. 2009..Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) patients are at risk for developing cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) and colorectal carcinoma (CRC). Our aim was to assess the risk of malignancies and their influence on survival...
- CholangiocarcinomaTushar Patel
Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Scott and White Clinic, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:33-42. 2006....
- Risk factors of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in the United States: a case-control studyYasser H Shaib
Section of Health Services Research, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gastroenterology 128:620-6. 2005..In this case-control study, we used the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results-Medicare database to evaluate the prevalence of known risk factors for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and explore other potential risk factors...
- Immunohistochemical evidence for hepatic progenitor cells in liver diseasesJianyou Tan
Department of Pathology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Liver 22:365-73. 2002..We investigated bile ductular reactions in liver diseases, paying particular attention to the presence of cells with intermediate (hepatocytic/biliary) features (oval-like cells)...
- Intrahepatic bile ducts develop according to a new mode of tubulogenesis regulated by the transcription factor SOX9Aline Antoniou
Universite Catholique de Louvain, de Duve Institute, Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterology 136:2325-33. 2009A number of diseases are characterized by defective formation of the intrahepatic bile ducts. In the embryo, hepatoblasts differentiate to cholangiocytes, which give rise to the bile ducts...
- The epidemiology of cholangiocarcinomaYasser Shaib
Sections of Gastroenterology and Health Services Research, The Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Semin Liver Dis 24:115-25. 2004..Some data, however, point to a potential role for chronic liver disease, hepatitis C, and probably hepatitis B infections in the development of ICC...
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and hepatitis C and B virus infection, alcohol intake, and hepatolithiasis: a case-control study in ItalyF Donato
Cattedra di Igiene, Universita di Brescia, Italy
Cancer Causes Control 12:959-64. 2001Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC) is a rare type of primary liver cancer (PLC) arising from intrahepatic bile ducts. We carried out a case-control study to assess the association between ICC and hepatitis B and C virus (HBV and HCV) ..
- Fractalkine and CX3CR1 are involved in the recruitment of intraepithelial lymphocytes of intrahepatic bile ductsKumiko Isse
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Hepatology 41:506-16. 2005....
- Cyclooxygenase-2 promotes human cholangiocarcinoma growth: evidence for cyclooxygenase-2-independent mechanism in celecoxib-mediated induction of p21waf1/cip1 and p27kip1 and cell cycle arrestChang Han
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Presbyterian University Hospital, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cancer Res 64:1369-76. 2004....
- Frequent loss of chromosome 3p and hypermethylation of RASSF1A in cholangiocarcinomaNathalie Wong
Department of Clinical Oncology, Sir YK Pao Centre for Cancer, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
J Hepatol 37:633-9. 2002..Cholangiocarcinoma comprises 5-20% of all primary malignant tumors of the liver. However, the lack of information about the genetic basis of cholangiocarcinoma has impeded characterization and understanding of its biological behavior...
- Cholangiocarcinoma: thirty-one-year experience with 564 patients at a single institutionMichelle L DeOliveira
Department of Surgery, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Ann Surg 245:755-62. 2007..To assess long-term survival and prognostic factors in a large series of patients with bile duct cancer...
- Incidence and risk factors for cholangiocarcinoma in primary sclerosing cholangitisKelly Burak
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:523-6. 2004..5 yr, which is dramatically higher than the rates in the general population. Variceal bleeding is a major risk factor for the later development of CCA...
- Hepatic segmentectomy with caudate lobe resection for bile duct carcinoma of the hepatic hilusY Nimura
First Department of Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
World J Surg 14:535-43; discussion 544. 1990....
- Impact of classification of hilar cholangiocarcinomas (Klatskin tumors) on the incidence of intra- and extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in the United StatesTania M Welzel
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, EPS 7084, MSC 7234 6120 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:873-5. 2006..001)...
- Mucin-hypersecreting bile duct tumor characterized by a striking homology with an intraductal papillary mucinous tumor (IPMT) of the pancreasH J Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Endoscopy 32:389-93. 2000..CONCLUSION: The mucin-hypersecreting bile duct tumor can be characterized by a striking homology with IPMT of the pancreas in clinical, radiologic, and pathologic features...
- Serum and bile markers for cholangiocarcinomaOliver Nehls
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
Semin Liver Dis 24:139-54. 2004..g., pancreatic polypeptide), and (epi-)genetic lesions (e.g., K- ras and p53 mutations, p16 (INK4a) or p14 (ARF) promoter hypermethylation). In this article we discuss these new potential tumor markers for the diagnosis of CC...
- ERBB-2 overexpression and cyclooxygenase-2 up-regulation in human cholangiocarcinoma and risk conditionsKanenori Endo
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Virginia Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Hepatology 36:439-50. 2002..The results also suggest ERBB-2 and COX-2 as potentially important targets relevant to chemoprevention or adjunct therapy of ChC...
- Notch signaling regulates formation of the three-dimensional architecture of intrahepatic bile ducts in miceErin E Sparks
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Center for Stem Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Hepatology 51:1391-400. 2010Alagille syndrome, a chronic hepatobiliary disease, is characterized by paucity of intrahepatic bile ducts (IHBDs)...
- Results of surgical treatment for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and clinicopathological factors influencing survivalM Ohtsuka
Department of General Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuoh ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Br J Surg 89:1525-31. 2002..The results of surgical treatment for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC) and specific factors influencing survival are still unclear...
- Palliative treatment with self-expandable metallic stents in patients with advanced type III or IV hilar cholangiocarcinoma: a percutaneous versus endoscopic approachWoo Hyun Paik
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 69:55-62. 2009..However, little is known about which is the better option in patients with advanced hilar cholangiocarcinoma. We compared the clinical outcomes of these 2 methods of biliary decompression in these patients...
- Cholangiocarcinoma: current concepts and insightsGregory J Gores
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Medical School, Clinic, and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 37:961-9. 2003
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase 7 is an unfavorable postoperative prognostic factor in cholangiocarcinoma of the perihilar, hilar, and extrahepatic bile ductsKeita Itatsu
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Hum Pathol 39:710-9. 2008..Underexpression of MMPs in papillary cholangiocarcinoma might be associated with a favorable prognosis...
- Trends in survival after surgery for cholangiocarcinoma: a 30-year population-based SEER database analysisHari Nathan
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Room 442, Cancer Research Building, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1488-96; discussion 1496-7. 2007..We suggest that these trends are largely caused by developments in imaging technology, improvements in patient selection, and advances in surgical techniques...
- Unilateral versus bilateral endoscopic hepatic duct drainage in patients with malignant hilar biliary obstruction: results of a prospective, randomized, and controlled studyG D De Palma
Department of Surgery and Advanced Technologies, Service of Digestive Endoscopy, University of Naples Federico II, School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 53:547-53. 2001..0247). CONCLUSION: The insertion of more than one stent would not appear justified as a routine procedure in patients with biliary bifurcation tumors...
- The role of notch signaling in the development of intrahepatic bile ductsYuzo Kodama
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Gastroenterology 127:1775-86. 2004..in Jagged1 , a Notch ligand, cause Alagille syndrome (AGS), a disorder characterized by a paucity of intrahepatic bile ducts (IHBD)...
- Epidemiology of liver cancer: an overviewPetcharin Srivatanakul
National Cancer Institute, Rajchathewee 10400, Bangkok Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 5:118-25. 2004..is derived from hepatocytes, and cholangiocarcinoma, which is derived from the epithelial lining of the intrahepatic bile ducts. Hepatocellular cancer is a frequently occurring tumor in individuals in many developing countries, where ..
- Investigation of ErbB1 and ErbB2 expression for therapeutic targeting in primary liver tumoursA Altimari
Pathology Unit of the F Addarii Institute of Oncology, Department of Oncology and Hematology, University of Bologna, Viale Ercolani 412, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:332-8. 2003..Molecular targets are needed for primary liver tumours...
- iNOS-dependent DNA damage via NF-kappaB expression in hamsters infected with Opisthorchis viverrini and its suppression by the antihelminthic drug praziquantelSomchai Pinlaor
Department of Parasitology, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Int J Cancer 119:1067-72. 2006..It is concluded that praziquantel can exhibit a preventive effect against OV-induced cholangiocarcinoma by inhibiting iNOS-dependent DNA damage through not only elimination of parasites but also a potential antiinflammatory effect...
- Celecoxib-induced apoptosis in rat cholangiocarcinoma cells mediated by Akt inactivation and Bax translocationZichen Zhang
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathogenesis, Department of Pathology, Medical College of Virginia Campus of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Hepatology 39:1028-37. 2004..Our in vivo results further suggest celecoxib might have potential therapeutic or chemopreventive value against ChC...
- Result of endoscopic biliary drainage in hilar cholangiocarcinomaRungsun Rerknimitr
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Chulalongkorn University Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:518-23. 2004..The outcome of biliary drainage in patients with advanced hilar tumors (Bismuth III or IV) was poorer than hilar tumor at earlier stages (Bismuth I or II)...
- Catheter tract implantation metastases associated with percutaneous biliary drainage for extrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaJun Sakata
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata City 951 8510, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:7024-7. 2005....
- Staging, resectability, and outcome in 225 patients with hilar cholangiocarcinomaW R Jarnagin
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Surg 234:507-17; discussion 517-9. 2001..To analyze resectability and survival in patients with hilar cholangiocarcinoma according to a proposed preoperative staging scheme that fully integrates local, tumor-related factors...
- Increase in mortality rates from intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in England and Wales 1968-1998S D Taylor-Robinson
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine A, Imperial College School of Medicine, St Mary s Campus, South Wharf Street, London W2 1PG, UK
Gut 48:816-20. 2001..We further analysed the mortality statistics to determine which anatomical subcategories were involved...
- Prevalence of Opisthorchis viverrini infection and incidence of cholangiocarcinoma in Khon Kaen, Northeast ThailandS Sriamporn
Department of Epidemiology, Faculty of Public Health, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Trop Med Int Health 9:588-94. 2004..The cancer registry is an appropriate tool for disease monitoring in small areas...
- Intrahepatic bile ducts transport water in response to absorbed glucoseAnatoly I Masyuk
Center for Basic Research in Digestive Diseases, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Medical School, Clinic, and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C785-91. 2002..Results support the hypothesis that the physiological significance of the absorption of biliary glucose by cholangiocytes is likely related to regulation of ductal bile formation...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in cholangiocarcinoma: correlation with clinicopathological features and prognosisHong Joo Kim
Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:582-8. 2004..The goal of the present study was to determine the possible roles and clinical significance of COX-2 expression in CC...
- CholangiocarcinomaKonstantinos N Lazaridis
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Center for the Basic Research in Digestive Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 128:1655-67. 2005
- Preoperative assessment of hilar cholangiocarcinoma by dual-modality PET/CTJun Li
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
J Surg Oncol 98:438-43. 2008..The purpose of the current study was to evaluate the accuracy of (18)F-FDG PET/CT in staging hilar cholangiocarcinoma...
- The aberrant expression of HLA-DR in intrahepatic bile ducts in patients with biliary atresia: an immunohistochemistry and immune electron microscopy studyJiexiong Feng
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Pediatr Surg 39:1658-62. 2004..In this study, the authors evaluated the expression of HLA-DR in liver tissue of patients with BA to explore its role in the pathogenesis of this disease...
- Cholangiocarcinoma: morphologic classification according to growth pattern and imaging findingsJae Hoon Lim
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Kangnam Ku, Seoul 135 710, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:819-27. 2003
- Hepatectomy with portal vein resection for hilar cholangiocarcinoma: audit of 52 consecutive casesTomoki Ebata
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Ann Surg 238:720-7. 2003..To better determine the role of portal vein resection and its effect on survival, as well as to appreciate the impact of portal vein invasion on prognosis in hilar cholangiocarcinoma...
- Cholangiocarcinoma: molecular targeting strategies for chemoprevention and therapyAlphonse E Sirica
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pathogenesis, Department of Pathology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, VA 23298 0297, USA
Hepatology 41:5-15. 2005....
- Cholangiocarcinoma: modern advances in understanding a deadly old diseaseHarmeet Malhi
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
J Hepatol 45:856-67. 2006..Future targeted therapies will depend on a better understanding of the cellular and molecular biology of cholangiocarcinomas...
- CD24 expression is a prognostic factor in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaMin Cheng Su
Department of Pathology, Min Sheng General Hospital, 168 Ching Kuo Road, Taoyuan City, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer Lett 235:34-9. 2006..In a multivariant analysis, CD24 expression and tumor stage were independent prognostic factors. Our data suggest that CD24 expression in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma is a novel prognostic marker for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma...
- p53 Mutations in human cholangiocarcinoma: a reviewShahid A Khan
Liver Unit, St Mary s Campus, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
Liver Int 25:704-16. 2005..The structure and function of p53 and its role in linking cancer to specific carcinogens by way of mutational signatures is reviewed. The findings of previous p53 studies and their relevance in human cholangiocarcinoma are summarised...
- Ursodeoxycholic acid in neonatal hepatitis and infantile paucity of intrahepatic bile ducts: review of a historical cohortM A Kotb
Department of Pediatrics, Cairo University, El Mokatam, 11571 Cairo, Egypt
Dig Dis Sci 54:2231-41. 2009..418 (P = 0.040) and that of deterioration was 2.64 (P = 0.028). Ursodeoxycholic acid failed in management of this cohort of infants with nonsurgical cholestasis...
- Complications of percutaneous transhepatic biliary drainage in patients with dilated and nondilated intrahepatic bile ductsAndreas Weber
Department of Gastroenterology, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Eur J Radiol 72:412-7. 2009..Major complications occurred in 17/419 patients (4%). Patients with nondilated intrahepatic bile ducts had significantly higher complication rates compared to patients with dilated intrahepatic bile ducts (14...
- Pathology of cholangiocarcinomaJ H Lim
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, 135 710 Seoul, Kangnam Ku, Korea
Abdom Imaging 29:540-7. 2004
- Anatomic variations in intrahepatic bile ducts in a north Indian populationVijay Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:e58-62. 2008In the present study, we described the anatomical variations in the branching patterns of intrahepatic bile ducts (IHD) and determined the frequency of each variation in north Indian patients. There are no data from India.
- Impact of pretreatment cholinesterase level on survival of inoperable intrahepatic or hepatic-hilar carcinomas treated with three-dimensional conformal radiotherapyYasushi Hamamoto
Department of Radiology, Sikoku Cancer Center, 13 Horinouchi, Matsuyama City, Ehime 790 0007, Japan
Radiat Med 22:316-23. 2004....
- Clinical and pathologic features of proximal biliary strictures masquerading as hilar cholangiocarcinomaCarlos U Corvera
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:862-9. 2005..Nontraumatic inflammatory hilar strictures are uncommon, but are known to mimic malignancy. This study examines the clinical and pathologic features of benign idiopathic strictures...
- A review and update on cholangiocarcinomaMatthew J Olnes
Department of Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Oncology 66:167-79. 2004..Particular focus is on recent studies into the cellular and molecular pathogenesis of the disease, recent chemotherapy trials, and newer methods of staging and screening for this devastating malignancy...
- Molecular chemotherapy combined with radiation therapy enhances killing of cholangiocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivoL C Pederson
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Cancer Res 57:4325-32. 1997..Radiobiological survival curve parameters confirmed an interactive cytotoxic effect when viral infection and prodrug therapy were combined with external beam radiation exposure. (ABSTRACT TRUNCATED)..
- The clinicopathologic significance of the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-C in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaByung Kyu Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Gastroenterology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Clin Oncol 29:138-42. 2006..Lymphatic spread is a key prognostic factor in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC). We studied the expression of VEGF-C in ICC tissues to clarify its clinicopathologic significance...
- Endoscopic management of liver abscesses and cysts that communicate with intrahepatic bile ductsB C Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, Rm No 203, 2nd Floor Academic Block, GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi 110002, India
Endoscopy 38:249-53. 2006The formation of a communication between liver abscesses or cysts and intrahepatic bile ducts is an uncommon cause of significant bile leak. Surgical management of biliary fistulas is associated with high morbidity and mortality...
- Matrix proteins of basement membrane of intrahepatic bile ducts are degraded in congenital hepatic fibrosis and Caroli's diseaseMitsue Yasoshima
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
J Pathol 217:442-51. 2009..Immunostaining showed that basement membrane expression of laminin and type IV collagen around intrahepatic bile ducts was degraded in CHF, Caroli's disease, and the PCK rats...
- Hepatitis B virus infection and intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in Korea: a case-control studyTae Y Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1716-20. 2008..Several studies have suggested that hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection may play a role in the development of ICC, whereas the role of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection is less clear...
- Apotopes and the biliary specificity of primary biliary cirrhosisAna Lleo
Division of Rheumatology, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Hepatology 49:871-9. 2009..the presence of mitochondria in virtually all nucleated cells, the destruction in PBC is limited to small intrahepatic bile ducts. The reasons for this tissue specificity remain unknown, although biliary epithelial cells (BECs) ..
- CholangiocarcinomaStefania Mosconi
Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi 1, 24128 Bergamo, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 69:259-70. 2009....
- Biliary epithelial cells and primary biliary cirrhosis: the role of liver-infiltrating mononuclear cellsShinji Shimoda
Department of Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatology 47:958-65. 2008Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) is characterized by the highly selective autoimmune injury of small intrahepatic bile ducts, despite widespread distribution of mitochondrial autoantigens...
- Early detection and treatment of cholangiocarcinomaG J Gores
Mayo Clinic, Foundation, and Medical School, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Liver Transpl 6:S30-4. 2000..Outcomes are optimized by using preoperative radiation and chemotherapy and ensuring the absence of metastases by an exploratory laparotomy...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of the progression of flat and papillary preneoplastic lesions in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinogenesis in hepatolithiasisKeita Itatsu
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Liver Int 27:1174-84. 2007....
- Cholangiocarcinoma in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis: a multicenter case-control studyN Chalasani
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Hepatology 31:7-11. 2000..The indices of severity of liver disease were not associated with CCA in patients with PSC. Serum CA 19-9 appeared to have good ability to discriminate PSC patients with and without CCA...
- The role of overexpression and gene amplification of cyclin D1 in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaK Sugimachi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Hepatol 35:74-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Overexpression and gene amplification of cyclin D1 are frequent and contribute to dedifferentiation and cellular proliferative activity of ICCs, and overexpression also indicates a poor prognosis for patients with ICC...
- Alpha-1 adrenergic receptor agonists modulate ductal secretion of BDL rats via Ca(2+)- and PKC-dependent stimulation of cAMPGene D Lesage
Department of Medicine, Scott and White Hospital, and The Texas A and M University System HSC, COM, Temple, TX 76504, USA
Hepatology 40:1116-27. 2004..Supplementary material for this article can be found on the HEPATOLOGY website (http://interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0270-9139/suppmat/index.html)...
- Surgical anatomy of the bile ducts at the hepatic hilum as applied to living donor liver transplantationMasayuki Ohkubo
Department of Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Ann Surg 239:82-6. 2004..To evaluate anatomic variations of the biliary tree as applied to living donor liver transplantation...
- [Surgical therapy of hilar cholangiocarcinoma]H Lang
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen
Chirurg 77:325-34. 2006..The increasing experience with living donor transplantation and recent advances in neoadjuvant tumor therapy may lead to renewed discussion of liver transplantation in hilar cholangiocarcinoma...
- Liver transplantation for hilar cholangiocarcinoma: a German surveyG M Kaiser
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany
Transplant Proc 40:3191-3. 2008..The present study reports a German survey addressing outcomes in nonselected historical series of liver transplantation (OLT) for hilar cholangiocarcinoma (HL)...
- Angiogenesis in cholangiocellular carcinoma: expression of vascular endothelial growth factor, angiopoietin-1/2, thrombospondin-1 and clinicopathological significanceDi Tang
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:525-32. 2006..Although TSP-1 may increase intrahepatic CCC metastases, neither MVD levels nor the expression of VEGF, Ang-1, or Ang-2 was associated with clinicopathological factors and prognosis...
- Expression and clinical significance of the erbB family in intrahepatic cholangiocellular carcinomaY Ito
Department of Surgery, Osaka Seamen's Insurance Hospital, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 197:95-100. 2001....
- Long-term results following resectional surgery for Klatskin tumors. A twenty-year personal experienceN J Lygidakis
Department of Surgical Oncology, Athens Medical Center, Apollonion Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 48:95-101. 2001....
- Evaluation of differential gene expression by microarray analysis in small and large cholangiocytes isolated from normal miceYoshiyuki Ueno
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo, Aobaku, Sendai, Japan
Liver Int 23:449-59. 2003We have shown that large and small cholangiocytes, which reside primarily in large and small intrahepatic bile ducts, respectively, have different functions and responses to injuries...
- Celecoxib inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis via prostaglandin E2 pathway in human cholangiocarcinoma cell linesGao song Wu
Department of General Surgery, Tongji Hospital, 1095 Jiefang Road, Wuhan, 430030, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1302-6. 2003..To evaluate the roles and mechanisms of celecoxib in inducing proliferation inhibition and apoptosis of human cholangiocarcinoma cell lines...
- Regulation of cholangiocyte bicarbonate secretionN Kanno
Department of Internal Medicine, Scott and White Hospital and Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College of Medicine, TX 76504, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 281:G612-25. 2001..by which secretin stimulates ductal secretion, we discuss the heterogeneous responses of different-sized intrahepatic bile ducts to gastrointestinal hormones. Furthermore, we outline the role of a number of cooperative factors (e.g...
- Incidence, etiologic aspects and clinicopathologic features in intrahepatic cholangiocellular carcinoma--a study of 51 cases from a low-endemicity areaJ Kaczynski
Department of Medicine, , Sahlgren's University Hospital, Ostra, Sweden
Acta Oncol 37:77-83. 1998..The most common histological features were tubular pattern of growth (82%) and abundant fibrous stroma. Metastases were particularly associated with the lymph nodes (41%), skeleton (26%) and lungs (16%)...
- Knockout of alpha-calcitonin gene-related peptide reduces cholangiocyte proliferation in bile duct ligated miceShannon S Glaser
Department of Medicine, Scott and White Hospital, The Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76504, USA
Lab Invest 87:914-26. 2007..In conclusion, sensory innervation of the liver and biliary expression of alpha-CGRP play an important role in the regulation of cholangiocyte proliferation during cholestasis...
- Is a raised CA 19-9 level diagnostic for a cholangiocarcinoma in patients with no history of sclerosing cholangitis ?Abraham R John
Liver Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, UK
Dig Surg 23:319-24. 2006..The aim of this study is to assess the role of CA 19-9 in patients with a cholangiocarcinoma without primary sclerosing cholangitis...
- Scavenger cells with gram-positive bacterial lipoteichoic acid infiltrate around the damaged interlobular bile ducts of primary biliary cirrhosisK Tsuneyama
Department of Pathology (II, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Japan
J Hepatol 35:156-63. 2001..Such LTA may be involved in the development and progression of portal tract lesions, particularly bile duct lesions, in PBC...
- Detection of response-predicting mutations in the kinase domain of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene in cholangiocarcinomasG Y Gwak
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, South Korea
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:649-52. 2005..The response-predicting mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of EGFR gene have recently been detected in non-small cell lung cancers. This study was, therefore, to investigate if these mutations are also found in cholangiocarcinomas...
- Altered mucin gene expression in stone-containing intrahepatic bile ducts and cholangiocarcinomasK T Lee
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 46:2166-72. 2001..aims of this study were to determine the possible alteration of mucin gene expression in stone-containing intrahepatic bile ducts and cholangiocarcinomas and to try to predict whether or not hepatolithiasis has a predisposition to ..
- Risk factors for intrahepatic and extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a hospital-based case-control studyYasser H Shaib
The Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1016-21. 2007..We evaluated hepatitis C virus (HCV), hepatitis B virus (HBV), and liver cirrhosis as risk factors for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC) and extrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ECC)...
- Amplification and overexpression of c-erbB-2, epidermal growth factor receptor, and c-met in biliary tract cancersKumiko Nakazawa
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
J Pathol 206:356-65. 2005..4%), was not associated with gene amplification. It is proposed that the new adjuvant chemotherapies could be directed to carcinomas of the biliary tract in which ErbB-2 and EGFR are overexpressed...
- Long isoform of prolactin receptor predominates in rat intrahepatic bile ducts and further increases under obstructive cholestasisR L Bogorad
Laboratory of Endocrinology, Faculty of Biology, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Vorob ev Hills, 119992, Moscow, Russian Federation
J Endocrinol 188:345-54. 2006..From these data, the actions of prolactin on liver are anticipated to exhibit strong cell-type specificity in both normal and pathological conditions...
- Enhanced epidermal growth factor receptor activation in human cholangiocarcinoma cellsJung Hwan Yoon
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
J Hepatol 41:808-14. 2004..However, the characteristics of EGFR signaling in cholangiocarcinoma cells have not been characterized. Thus, we attempted to more fully characterize EGF/EGFR signaling in human cholangiocarcinoma cells...
- A comparison of trends in the incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma and intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in the United StatesKatherine A McGlynn
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, EPS 7060, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20854 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:1198-203. 2006..In conclusion, the rates of HCC and ICC approximately doubled between 1976 and 2000. Trends by age, gender, ethnicity, and birth cohort suggest that heterogeneity exists in the factors influencing these rates...
- The mouse Forkhead Box m1 transcription factor is essential for hepatoblast mitosis and development of intrahepatic bile ducts and vessels during liver morphogenesisKatherine Krupczak-Hollis
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7170, USA
Dev Biol 276:74-88. 2004..Furthermore, embryonic Foxm1b -/- livers did not develop intrahepatic bile ducts, and these presumptive biliary hepatoblasts failed to express either biliary cytokeratins or nuclear ..
- Resectability and prognostic factors after resection of hilar cholangiocarcinomaM Abdel Wahab
Gastroenterology Center, Mansoura University, Egypt
Hepatogastroenterology 53:5-10. 2006..Hilar cholangiocarcinoma, still a challenging problem for surgeons and resectional surgery, is the treatment of choice for long-term survival. In this study we tried to evaluate different prognostic factors after resection...
- Akt expression may predict favorable prognosis in cholangiocarcinomaMilind M Javle
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1744-51. 2006..The aim of this clinicopathological study was to investigate the overexpression and co-expression of EGFR and related signaling proteins in cholangiocarcinoma and explore their relationship to clinical outcome...
- Preoperative biliary drainage for hilar cholangiocarcinomaHiroyuki Maguchi
Center for Gastroenterology, Teine Keijinkai Hospital, 1 jo 12 chome, Maeda, Sapporo, 006 8555, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 14:441-6. 2007..ENBD needs to be converted to PTBD in patients with segmental cholangitis, those with a prolonged need for drainage, or when the extent of longitudinal tumor extension is not sufficiently well characterized...
- Clinicopathological and prognostic significance of EGFR, VEGF, and HER2 expression in cholangiocarcinomaD Yoshikawa
Cancer Genomics Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 98:418-25. 2008..89; 95% CI, 1.05-3.39, P=0.0335) in IHCC. These results suggest that EGFR expression is associated with tumour progression and VEGF expression may be involved in haematogenic metastasis in cholangiocarcinoma...
- Reciprocal co-expression of Fas and Fas ligand in human cholangiocarcinomaGeorge Pan
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Int J Oncol 31:843-50. 2007..These findings provide a potential unifying molecular mechanism for modulating tumorigenesis via Fas/FasL expression...
- Local balance of transforming growth factor-beta1 secreted from cholangiocarcinoma cells and stromal-derived factor-1 secreted from stromal fibroblasts is a factor involved in invasion of cholangiocarcinomaShusaku Ohira
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Pathol Int 56:381-9. 2006..In conclusion, local mutual influence of TGF-beta1 secreted from carcinoma cells and SDF-1 expressed by stromal fibroblasts may be involved in invasion of CC cells...
- Establishment and characterization of an opisthorchiasis-associated cholangiocarcinoma cell line (KKU-100)Banchob Sripa
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, 40002, Thailand
World J Gastroenterol 11:3392-7. 2005..To establish and characterize a new cholangiocarcinoma cell line from a patient living in the Opisthorchis viverrini (O. viverrini) endemic area of Northeast Thailand...
- Current approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of cholangiocarcinomaSantosh B Reddy
Department of Internal Medicine, Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Clinic, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, 2401 South 31st Street, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 8:30-7. 2006..Although surgical resection can be curative, many patients with cholangiocarcinoma are diagnosed at an advanced stage when only palliative approaches can be used. Photodynamic therapy is emerging as a useful modality...
- Pathophysiology of cholangiocyte responses to microbial pathogensSTEVEN P O'HARA; Fiscal Year: 2013..of cell and molecular biology to understand the role of cholangiocytes, the epithelial cells lining intrahepatic bile ducts, in health and disease...
- Mechanosensitive Signaling and Cholangiocyte SecretionAndrew P Feranchak; Fiscal Year: 2013..responsible for regulated transport by cholangiocytes, the epithelial cells that line the lumen of intrahepatic bile ducts and contribute importantly to the volume and composition of bile...
- Formation of bile ducts in three dimensional cultureKeith E Mostov; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The branching tree of intrahepatic bile ducts is lined by a monolayer of epithelial cells, known as cholangiocytes...
- REGULATION OF SECRETION BY BILE DUCT EPITHELIAL CELLSJOHN GREGORY FITZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..mechanisms responsible for secretion by cholangiocytes, the epithelial cells that line the lumen of intrahepatic bile ducts and account for ~40% of bile volume in man...
- XENOBIOTICS AND PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISMERRILL GERSHWIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..biliary cirrhosis (PBC) is an autoimmune disease that primarily affects women and includes destruction of intrahepatic bile ducts and antimitochondrial antibodies (AMAs)...
- CLINICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF NOVEL PBC AUTOANTIBODIESDonald Bloch; Fiscal Year: 2001..from the application) Primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) is an autoimmune disease that predominantly affects intrahepatic bile ducts. As with many other autoimmune diseases, the vast majority of patients with PBC are women and the ..
- FETAL BILIARY MALFORMATIONS: INDUCTION AND PREVENTIONM Thaler; Fiscal Year: 1980..acids is overwhelmed by large dietary intakes of lithocholate by pregnant rats, a permanent lesion of the intrahepatic bile ducts is produced in newborns, associated with chronic cholestasis...
- BILE ACID MODULATION OF BILE DUCT SECRETION AND GROWTHGene D Lesage; Fiscal Year: 2010..We continue to focus on bile acid interactions with cholangiocytes, the epithelial cells lining intrahepatic bile ducts, because of the development of new hypotheses and techniques regarding the regulation of bile acid ..
- ROLE OF CD40-CD40 LIGAND IN PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISMARLYN MAYO; Fiscal Year: 2003..is a chronic autoimmune liver disease characterized by inflammatory destruction of small and medium sized intrahepatic bile ducts, leading to cholestasis, then fibrosis, cirrhosis, and its complications...
- Localized Water Influx During Cryptosporidium InvasionSTEVEN O HARA; Fiscal Year: 2009..of cell and molecular biology to understand the role of cholangiocytes, the epithelial cells lining intrahepatic bile ducts, in health and disease...
- FELLOWSHIPS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIESANGELA FOREMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006PBC is an autoimmune liver disease characterized by obstruction of intrahepatic bile ducts and high titer antimitochondrial autoantibodies (AMA). The predominant autoantigen is PDC-E2...
- Hepatic Arterial Flouridine and IV Bevacizumab for Primary Hepatic MalignancyWilliam Jarnagin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, several important clinical issues are addressed by the proposed correlative studies, the results of which would be of broad general interest in clinical oncology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PI3K in LPS-induced coagulation and inflammationJames Luyendyk; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, characterization of the involvement of this pathway in LPS-induced inflammation may allow for development of novel strategies that can be used to treat sepsis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Occult Hepatitis BMichael Torbenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- BORAGE OIL AND GINKGO BILOBA (EGb 761) IN ASTHMAMERRILL GERSHWIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is hoped that findings from these studies will evolve relatively non-toxic therapeutic alternatives for attenuating bronchial hyperresponsiveness and inflammation in patients with asthma. ..
- THE PATHOGENESIS OF AUTOIMMUNITY IN A MURINE MODEL OF PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISMERRILL E GERSHWIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..autoimmune disease characterized by antimito- chondrial antibodies and progressive destruction of intrahepatic bile ducts. There has not been an animal model of PBC and studies are dependent on human clinical specimens, a ..
- STEM CELLS AND HEPATOCARCINOGENESISStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the cellular origin of cancer is critical for understanding how cancer evolves and for developing prevention strategies. ..
- Biomarkers of COX-2 inhibitors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)Christian Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of the Notch Pathway in Bile Duct DevelopmentKATHLEEN MARY LOOMES; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will assess their response to defined stimuli, and rescue the phenotype by transfecting with activated Notch ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- MRI Evaluation of Acute Renal Transplant DysfunctionVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..At its conclusion, our study has a high likelihood of showing that functional MR renography for differentiating intrinsic renal diseases, will be an accurate tool for acute renal transplant dysfunction. ..
- STEM CELLS AND AGINGStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results of these experiments should provide critical proof for one of the most important hypothetical properties of adult stem cells. ..
- Pathophysiological Interpretations of Dynamic PET/CT of Molecular Liver BiologySusanne Keiding; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will lead to improved diagnosis and treatment of the large groups of patients with liver disease and cancer in the liver. ..
- Betaglycan as a modulator of TGF-beta signaling in hepatomaRebecca Wells; Fiscal Year: 2008..They will also greatly increase our understanding of TGF-beta signaling in general, and will pave the way for in vivo studies of beta glycan. ..
- Genetic Analysis of Zebrafish Biliary MutantsRandolph Matthews; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies in zebrafish may provide clues as to biliary development in mammals and to genetic contributions to cholestatic diseases in humans [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dissecting the Aggregation of AMA in Families of PBC PatientsKonstantinos Lazaridis; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, our effort will shed light toward better understanding of the genetic predisposition to PBC. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lymphocyte recruitment in alcoholic hepatitisDavid Adams; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Bile Ductular ProliferationJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that the results of these proposed experiments will lead to novel pharmacologic approaches for the regulation of bile ductular proliferation in biliary cirrhosis. ..
- Real-time in Vivo Dosimetry in Radiation Therapy Using Scintillation DetectorsSam Beddar; Fiscal Year: 2009..The resulting data can also be used to study dose- related treatment side effects. The ultimate goal of utilizing this method is to improve the delivery of radiotherapy treatments and the quality of life of radiotherapy patients. ..
- Listeria Monocytogenes to Treat Hepatic MetastasesRichard Schulick; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 4: Define the role of dendritic cells in the priming and targeting of the immune response. ..
- Wnt Signaling in IBD-Related Colon CancerRANDALL HOLCOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The precise effects of FIPs on Wnt signaling will be defined in vitro, with attention to the potentially disparate responses of different, specific, Fz receptor subtypes. ..
- PARACRINE REGULATION OF BILE DUCT SECRETION BY ATPJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Yale School of Medicine Department of Internal Medicine has pledged that the candidate will have extensive protected research time and excellent resources for the duration of the award. ..
- NTPDase2 expression and function in the liverJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ectonucleotidase NTPDase2 was found to be expressed in portal fibroblasts (PF) surrounding intrahepatic bile ducts, which provides a likely explanation for the selective hydrolysis of nucleotides at the basolateral ..
- COMPREHENSIVE MR EVALUATION OF RENOVASCULAR DISEASEVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Role of Cytokines and Autoimmunity in Murine BACara Mack; Fiscal Year: 2005..BA) appears to result from a chronic, progressive inflammatory mediated destruction of extrahepatic and intrahepatic bile ducts, leading some to call it "infantile obliterative cholangiopathy"...
- INTERLEUKIN 6 AND HUMAN BILIARY EPITHELIAL PROLIFERATIONAnthony Demetris; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- THE ROLE OF NOTCH SIGNALING IN BILE DUCT DEVELOPMENTKathleen Loomes; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Immunologic Mechanism/Destruction/Biliary ArtesiaCara Mack; Fiscal Year: 2006..cholangiopathy of infancy that leads to fibrosis and obliteration of both the extrahepatic and intrahepatic bile ducts. The immune response appears to be the key player in the ongoing destruction of the bile ducts...
- Magnetic Resonance Renography:Validation StudiesVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Phase 1 Study of CCI-779 in Combination with Imatnib *RANDALL HOLCOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Since deregulated kinase activity is known to contribute to a wide range of malignancies, these studies will have applicability to cancer therapy in general. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AFB1 AND P53 CARCINOGENESIS IN HBSAG TRANSGENIC MICEStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies should lead to an understanding of how each of these risk factors affect hepatocyte proliferation and how these effects contribute to AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Volume Regulatory Pathways in Cystic Fibrosis MiceWon Kyoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Rare Liver Disease NetworkRonald Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2005..The RLDN will be a full partner in the Rare Diseases Clinical Research Network and will participate collaboratively with the other Clinical Research Centers and the Data and Technology Coordinating Center. ..
- SIGNALING MOLECULES IN BILE DUCT DEVELOPMENTKathleen Loomes; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BILIARY SECRETORY PATHWAYS IN CYSTIC FIBROSISWon Kyoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and Cytochrome P450 EnzymesNaga P Chalasani; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, we examine the relationship between this enzyme activity and the degree of insulin resistance and lipid peroxidation. ..
- Molecular response of bile duct cell to bile duct injuryAi Xuan Holterman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Bile duct specific target gene mRNA and protein expression will be assessed and the effect on the development of biliary fibrosis will be determined. ..
- GM-CSF Enhanced Colorectal Cancer Tumor Vaccine ProgramRichard Schulick; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- OXIDANT HEPATIC INJURY IN CHOLESTASISRonald Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Ariol SL-50 Workstation and Review StationsMARY WASHINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2005..An additional benefit is the ease of data sharing among groups, facilitating interactions among investigators and promoting inter-SPORE collaborations. ..
- Targeting AKT as a novel therapy in pancreatic cancerRichard Bold; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will provide mechanistic as well as pre-clinical data in support of our hypothesis and will allow for the development of novel therapy of human pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Foxm1b and HNF-6 regulation of liver injury responseAi Xuan Holterman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential of salvaging failed liver, improving the quality of life or extending survival of patients with liver insufficiency using these therapeutic strategies is far reaching. ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Primary Biliary CirrhosisKonstantinos Lazaridis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular and Functional Analysis of CASK in EpitheliaZenta Walther; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate these studies will shed considerable light on the molecular interactions of CASK, its role in growth factor complex assembly and/or signal transduction, and its potential involvement in tumorigenesis. ..
- DIFFERENTIATION OF BLOOD STEM CELLS INTO LIVER CELLSStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this project is successful, it would overcome a major hurdle in the possible use of hepatic stem cells for treatment of liver failure or ex vivo gene therapy. ..
- HEPTOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND AFLATOXIN METABOLISMStewart Sell; Fiscal Year: 2004..the effect Of HBV associated injury and AFB I hepatocarcinogensis in these mice. In Specific Aim 3, the effect of HBV associated injury and AFB1 hepatocarcinogenesis in these mice will be examined. ..
- Identification of Serum Markers of Liver Fibrogenesis/ Fibrolysis by ProteomicsDetlef Schuppan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Adaptation to the human proteome and prospective validation shall allow noninvasive monitoring of fibrosis progression and regression in patients with liver diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mouse Models for Celiac DiseaseDetlef Schuppan; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. by immunomodulatory cytokines or by cytokine antagonists. It is anticipated that the results will improve our understanding and management of cd and related autoimmune diseases. ..