Genomes and Genes
Summary: The superior portion of the body of the stomach above the level of the cardiac notch.
Publications214 found, 100 shown here
- KV7 channels regulate muscle tone and nonadrenergic noncholinergic relaxation of the rat gastric fundusV Ipavec
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, L go F Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Pharmacol Res 64:397-409. 2011..The aims of the present study were to investigate the motor effects of KV7 channel modulators in the rat gastric fundus and the expression of KV7 channels in this tissue...
- Lower ghrelin levels and exaggerated postprandial peptide-YY, glucagon-like peptide-1, and insulin responses, after gastric fundus resection, in patients undergoing Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a randomized clinical trialAikaterini Chronaiou
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Obes Surg 22:1761-70. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether gastric fundus resection in patients undergoing LRYGBP enhances the efficacy of the procedure in terms of weight loss, ..
- Molecular and functional characterization of ERG, KCNQ, and KCNE subtypes in rat stomach smooth muscleSusumu Ohya
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, 3 1 Tanabedori, Mizuhoku, Nagoya 467 8603, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G277-87. 2002..The membrane depolarization by 1 microM E-4031 indicates the contribution of K(+) channels encoded by ERG1/KCNE2 to the resting membrane potential in stomach SMCs...
- Effect of diabetes on relaxations to non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic nerve stimulation in longitudinal muscle of the rat gastric fundusK M Jenkinson
Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 116:1551-6. 1995..on relaxations to non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic (NANC) nerve stimulation in longitudinal strips of rat gastric fundus. 2...
- Role of beta-3-adrenoceptor in catecholamine-induced relaxations in gastric fundus from control and diabetic ratsIsil Ozakca
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ankara University, Tandogan Ankara, Turkey
Pharmacology 80:227-38. 2007The contribution of beta-adrenoceptor subtypes to the catecholamine-mediated relaxations in gastric fundus from control and streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats were investigated...
- Altered non-adrenergic non-cholinergic neurotransmission in gastric fundus from streptozotocin-diabetic ratsK M Jenkinson
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010M, Parkville, Australia
Eur J Pharmacol 401:251-8. 2000..diabetes has been investigated on responses to non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic (NANC) nerve stimulation in rat gastric fundus. NANC relaxations in precontracted muscle strips from diabetic rats were smaller than those from control rats...
- Loss of enteric motor neurotransmission in the gastric fundus of Sl/Sl(d) miceElizabeth A H Beckett
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89557, USA
J Physiol 543:871-87. 2002..IC-IM were found within the circular and longitudinal muscles of the gastric fundus of wild-type mice...
- L-citrulline recycling by argininosuccinate synthetase and lyase in rat gastric fundusLieve A Van Geldre
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 455:149-60. 2002The aim of this study was to investigate in rat gastric fundus whether L-citrulline, the co-product in the nitric oxide (NO) biosynthesis catalyzed by neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS), can be converted back to the nNOS substrate L-..
- Properties of Rikkunshi-to (TJ-43)-induced relaxation of rat gastric fundus smooth musclesYoshihiko Kito
Dept of Physiology, Nagoya City Univ Medical School, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G755-63. 2010The relaxant effects of Rikkunshi-to (TJ-43), a gastroprotective herbal medicine, on rat gastric fundus were investigated. Experiments were carried out using standard tension and intracellular microelectrode recording techniques...
- Myosin light chain phosphatase activation is involved in the hydrogen sulfide-induced relaxation in mouse gastric fundusIngeborg Dhaese
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 606:180-6. 2009..The influence of H(2)S on contractility in mouse gastric fundus was therefore examined...
- Hydrogen peroxide and antioxidizing enzymes involved in modulation of transient facilitatory effects of nicotine on neurogenic contractile responses in rat gastric fundusSevil Ozger Ilhan
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, UfukUniversity, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Pharmacol 587:267-72. 2008..g. neurotransmitter release. Previously in rabbit gastric fundus we demonstrated that nicotine transiently increased neurogenic contraction induced by electrical field ..
- The involvement of phospholipase A(2) in ethanol-induced gastric muscle contractionS S Sim
Department of Pathophysiology, College of Pharmacy, Chung-Ang University, 221 Huksuk-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 156-756, South Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 413:281-5. 2001..It is suggested from the above results that ethanol-induced contraction in cat gastric smooth muscle is, in part, mediated by phospholipase A(2) and cyclooxygenase pathways...
- Interstitial cells of Cajal mediate cholinergic neurotransmission from enteric motor neuronsS M Ward
Department of Physiology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Neurosci 20:1393-403. 2000..The role of intramuscular ICC (IC-IM) in mediating enteric excitatory neural inputs was studied using gastric fundus muscles of wild-type animals and W/W(v) mutant mice, which lack IC-IM...
- Effects of vitamin E, vitamin C, and selenium on gastric fundus in cadmium toxicity in male ratsSema Bolkent
Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Cerrahpasa Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Toxicol 27:217-22. 2008..tissue glutathione, and lipid peroxidation (LPO) levels, and ghrelin and metallothionein production in the gastric fundus mucosa of rats. Cd (2 mg/kg/day CdCl(2)) was administered to rats for 8 days, intraperitoneally...
- Leptin receptor expression in nodose ganglion cells projecting to the rat gastric fundusChristian Peiser
Division of Allergy Research, Department of Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology, Charite, Virchow Campus, Humboldt University, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Neurosci Lett 320:41-4. 2002..Tracing studies revealed that a significant proportion (15%) of the immunopositive neurons projected to the gastric fundus. These findings suggest that leptin may use a neural route to relay its message from peripheral sites of ..
- Role of nitric oxide- and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide-containing neurones in human gastric fundus strip relaxationsM Tonini
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Division of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Pavia, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 129:12-20. 2000..correlates of nitric oxide (NO) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) innervation in the human isolated gastric fundus was explored...
- Comparison of the effect of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and non-adrenergic non-cholinergic neurone stimulation in the cat gastric fundusM D'Amato
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, University of Gent Medical School, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 152:71-82. 1988..of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) in the non-adrenergic non-cholinergic (NANC) relaxation of the cat gastric fundus was studied in circular and longitudinal muscle strips...
- Investigation of the potential modulatory effect of biliverdin, carbon monoxide and bilirubin on nitrergic neurotransmission in the pig gastric fundusErwin E Colpaert
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 457:177-86. 2002In porcine gastric fundus, we have investigated the colocalization of the bile pigment biosynthetic enzymes heme oxygenase-2 and biliverdin reductase with neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS), the effect of carbon monoxide (CO) on fundic ..
- Involvement of peptide histidine isoleucine in non-adrenergic non-cholinergic relaxation of the rat gastric fundus induced by high-frequency neuronal firingDiego Currò
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, L go F Vito, 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 366:578-86. 2002..of VIP- and PHI-like immunoreactivity (LI) co-released by neuronal activation were investigated in the rat gastric fundus. Longitudinal muscle strips from the rat gastric fundus precontracted by the thromboxane receptor agonist ..
- A putative role for S-nitrosoglutathione as the source of nitric oxide in photorelaxation of the mouse gastric fundusNuran Ogulener
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Cukurova University, 01330 Adana, Turkey
Eur J Pharmacol 450:267-75. 2002Mouse gastric fundus strips were relaxed by ultraviolet light (UV) irradiation, exogenous nitric oxide (NO), isoproterenol, S-nitrosoglutathione, S-nitroso-L-cysteine and S-nitroso-N-acetyl-penicillamine...
- Novel human and mouse genes encoding a shank-interacting protein and its upregulation in gastric fundus of W/WV mouseYataro Daigo
Department of Medicine, University of Yamanashi Medical School, Yamanashi, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:712-8. 2003..The muscle layers of the gastric fundus do not have IC-MY, therefore electric slow waves are not generated...
- Evidence for an apamin-sensitive, but not purinergic, component in the nonadrenergic noncholinergic relaxation of the rat gastric fundusDiego Currò
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, L go F Vito, 1, I 00168 Rome, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 143:785-93. 2004..EFS)-induced nonadrenergic noncholinergic (NANC) relaxation of longitudinal muscle strips from the rat gastric fundus was investigated...
- Influence of NG-nitro-L-arginine on non-adrenergic non-cholinergic relaxation in the guinea-pig gastric fundusR A Lefebvre
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, University of Gent Medical School, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 106:173-9. 1992..induced by electrical field stimulation was investigated in circular muscle strips of the guinea-pig gastric fundus. 2...
- Laparoscopic resection of submucosal tumor on posterior wall of gastric fundusZhong Wei Ke
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, 174 Changhai Road, Shanghai 200433, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2850-3. 2004Laparoscopic resection of tumors on the posterior wall of gastric fundus, especially when they are next to the esophagocardiac junction (ECJ), is both difficult and time-consuming...
- Nitric oxide modulates release of noradrenaline in guinea-pig gastric fundusE Sotirov
Institute of Physiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Brain Res Bull 51:401-5. 2000..3)H]noradrenaline ([(3)H]NA) in conditions of non-activated and activated nicotinic receptors in guinea-pig gastric fundus preincubated with [(3)H]NA was studied...
- Cooling-induced contraction of the rat gastric fundus: mediation via transient receptor potential (TRP) cation channel TRPM8 receptor and Rho-kinase activationS Mustafa
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 32:832-8. 2005..x 10(-6) and 3 x 10(-5) mol/L), a TRPM8 receptor antagonist, inhibited cooling-induced contraction of the rat gastric fundus. 4...
- Interstitial cells of Cajal generate spontaneous transient depolarizations in the rat gastric fundusYoshihiko Kito
Department of Physiology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Mizuho ku, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G814-24. 2009Intracellular recordings were made from isolated circular muscle bundles of rat gastric fundus. The majority of cells generated an ongoing discharge of electrical activity that were <or=10 mV in amplitude (unitary potentials)...
- Gastric fundus impression caused by a hepatic cyst mimicking gastric submucosal tumorSung Soo Park
South Med J 99:902-3. 2006
- Increased density of ghrelin-expressing cells in the gastric fundus and body in Prader-Willi syndromeYon Ho Choe
Department of Pediatrics, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 IL Won Dong, Gang Nam Gu, Seoul, 135 710, Korea
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5441-5. 2005..In this study, we hypothesized that the hyperghrelinemia observed in PWS is related to IGF-I or GH/IGF axis deficiency...
- Effect of cannabinoids on neural transmission in rat gastric fundusM Storr
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 80:67-76. 2002The purpose of this study was to examine the possible role of cannabinoids on the neuromuscular function of rat gastric fundus. In addition to possible direct effects on smooth muscle, the influence of cannabinoids on contractile (..
- Impact of complete gastric fundus mobilization on outcome after laparoscopic total fundoplicationA Blomqvist
Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Gastrointest Surg 4:493-500. 2000..Dividing all short gastric vessels had no impact on the functional outcome during the first year of recovery after a total laparoscopic fundoplication...
- Gastric fundus tension before and after division of the short gastric vessels in a cadaveric model of fundoplicationD J Szor
Department of Surgery, Sao Paulo Medical School, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dis Esophagus 22:539-42. 2009..Some surgeons do not divide the SGV routinely to perform a fundoplication; however, excessive tension of the gastric fundus (GF) forces this procedure necessary in some cases...
- Okadaic acid inhibits relaxant neural transmission in rat gastric fundus in vitroM Storr
Gap, Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Ismaningerstr 22, Munich, Germany
Acta Physiol Scand 175:29-36. 2002..type 1 and 2A inhibitor okadaic acid on non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic (NANC) neurotransmission in the rat gastric fundus. Okadaic acid (10-6 M), an inhibitor of protein phosphatases 1 and 2A, did not show any influence on the basal ..
- Influence of motilin on gastric fundus tone and on meal-induced satiety in man: role of cholinergic pathwaysRosario Cuomo
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Gastroenterol 101:804-11. 2006..It has been speculated that it is due to the contractile effect of motilin agonists on the proximal stomach, but the pathway involved and the symptomatic consequences have been incompletely elucidated...
- Reduced Shh expression in TFF2-overexpressing lesions of the gastric fundus under hypochlorhydric conditionsY Minegishi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pathol 213:161-9. 2007..may be sufficient to down-regulate Shh expression in TFF2-overexpressing preneoplastic lesions of the gastric fundus. Since exposure to acid restored fundic Shh expression, appropriate gastric acid secretion may play an ..
- Investigation of a possible interaction between the heme oxygenase/biliverdin reductase and nitric oxide synthase pathway in murine gastric fundus and jejunumOle De Backer
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 590:369-76. 2008..between the heme oxygenase (HO)/biliverdin reductase (BVR) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) pathway in murine gastric fundus and jejunum, since previous studies have shown that both HO-2 and BVR are expressed in interstitial cells of ..
- Cortical deactivations during gastric fundus distension in health: visceral pain-specific response or attenuation of 'default mode' brain function? A H2 15O-PET studyL Van Oudenhove
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatry Division, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Neurogastroenterol Motil 21:259-71. 2009..To describe brain areas of decreased activity during gastric fundus distension compared to baseline, using data from our previously published study (Gastroenterology, 128, 2005 ..
- Anastomotic complications after Ivor Lewis esophagectomy in patients treated with neoadjuvant chemoradiation are related to radiation dose to the gastric fundusCaroline Vande Walle
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:e513-9. 2012..Some studies have suggested that CRT results in increased surgical morbidity. We assessed the influence of CRT on anastomotic complications in a cohort of patients who underwent CRT followed by Ivor Lewis esophagectomy...
- Evidence for a modulatory role of orexin A on the nitrergic neurotransmission in the mouse gastric fundusMaria Caterina Baccari
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Regul Pept 154:54-9. 2009..of the present study was to investigate the effects of orexin A (OXA) on the relaxant responses of the mouse gastric fundus. Mechanical responses of gastric strips were recorded via force-displacement transducers...
- Characterization of prostanoid receptors mediating contraction of the gastric fundus and ileum: studies using mice deficient in prostanoid receptorsY Okada
Department of Pharmacology, Asahikawa Medical College, Midorigaoka Higashi 2 1 1 1, Asahikawa 078 8510, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 131:745-55. 2000Receptors mediating prostanoid-induced contractions of longitudinal sections of gastric fundus and ileum were characterized by using tissues obtained from mice deficient in each type and subtype of prostanoid receptors...
- Effects of some sterically hindered phenols on whole-cell Ca(2+) current of guinea-pig gastric fundus smooth muscle cellsF Fusi
Istituto di Scienze Farmacologiche, Universita degli Studi di Siena, via Piccolomini 170, 53100 Siena, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 132:1326-32. 2001..DIBHA), on the whole-cell Ca(2+) current (I(Ca)) of freshly isolated smooth muscle cells from the guinea-pig gastric fundus, in the presence of a range of Ca(2+) concentrations (1 -- 5 mM) using the patch-clamp technique...
- Distinct receptors for cholecystokinin and gastrin on canine fundic D-cellsJ Delvalle
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109
Am J Physiol 264:G811-5. 1993..These studies delineate the presence of distinct CCK-A and CCK-B/gastrin receptors on canine fundic D-cells.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Relaxant effect of capsaicin in the rat gastric fundusR A Lefebvre
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, University of Gent Medical School, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 195:131-7. 1991The effect of capsaicin was studied in precontracted longitudinal muscle strips of the rat gastric fundus. Capsaicin induced a relaxation in the concentration range 10(-7)-10(-6) M...
- Amylin, released from the gastric fundus, stimulates somatostatin and thus inhibits histamine and acid secretion in miceMuhammad Zaki
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Gastroenterology 123:247-55. 2002..with calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), is colocalized with somatostatin in endocrine cells of the gastric fundus. The present study was designed to determine the mechanism of action of amylin on gastric exocrine and ..
- Sodium nitroprusside-induced rat fundus relaxation is ryanodine-sensitive and involves L-type Ca2+ channel and small conductance Ca(2+)-sensitive K+ channel componentsJ Geeson
School of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5XH, UK
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 22:297-301. 2002..6 These data suggest that SNP-mediated fundus relaxation occurs via a cGMP-mediated and ryanodine-sensitive mechanism which requires, at least in part, SKCa and L-type Ca2+ channel activity...
- Differential regulation of rat peripheral 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2B) receptor systems: influence of drug treatmentM J Enguix
School of Pharmacy, University of Santiago de Compostela, 15782, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 368:79-90. 2003..The in vitro contractile response elicited by serotonin (5-HT, 10 micro M) in the rat gastric fundus (5-HT(2B) receptor system) was rapid and followed by a partial fade to a steady state, in contrast with the ..
- Effects of alpha-lipoic acid on impaired gastric fundus innervation in diabetic ratsT Michael Gibson
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Free Radic Biol Med 35:160-8. 2003..with the antioxidant, alpha-lipoic acid (LA), could prevent or correct diabetic functional defects in the gastric fundus non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic (NANC) nerves, which use nitric oxide as their major neurotransmitter...
- Involvement of Rho/Rho-kinase signalling in the contractile activity and acetylcholine release in the mouse gastric fundusKansu Buyukafsar
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Mersin University Campus, Yenisehir, Mersin 33169
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:777-81. 2003..35+/-0.06 M (p<0.001), respectively. Moreover, [3H]acetylcholine ([3H]ACh) release upon EFS from the gastric fundus was measured and it was found that Y-27632 (10(-4)M) significantly impaired the release...
- [Endoscopic ultrasound in routine clinical practice for staging adenocarcinomas of the stomach and distal esophagus]N Bösing
Klinik für Allgemein und Unfallchirurgie, Klinikum der Heinrich Heine Universität, Dusseldorf
Chirurg 74:214-21; discussion 222-3. 2003..Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) is an important diagnostic tool for determining the best therapeutic strategy (primary resection, neoadjuvant therapy or palliation only) to offer esophageal or gastric cancer patients...
- Gastric atrial natriuretic peptide regulates endocrine secretion in antrum and fundus of human and rat stomachW R Gower
Department of Surgery, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 284:G638-45. 2003..Stimulation of somatostatin secretion is coupled to inhibition of gastrin secretion in the antrum and inhibition of histamine secretion in the fundus...
- A pharmacological analysis of the contractile effects of glutamate on rat and human isolated gut smooth muscle stripsD R Milovanovic
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, University of Kragujevac, Kragujevac, Serbia, Yugoslavia
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 24:661-8. 2002..AMPA, quisqualate, cis-ACPD and (2R,4R)-APDC evoked concentration-dependent contraction of isolated adult rat gastric fundus, with EC50 values of 210 microM, 150 microM, 20 microM, 33 microM, and 2.7 microM and 7.9 microM, respectively...
- Pharmacological characterization of a novel antiglaucoma agent, Bimatoprost (AGN 192024)D F Woodward
Department of Biological Sciences, Allergan, Inc, 2525 Dupont Dr, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 305:772-85. 2003..Bimatoprost was overwhelmingly the predominant molecular species identified at all time points in ocular tissues, indicating that the intact molecule reduces intraocular pressure...
- Topographic association of gastric epithelial expression of Ki-67, Bax, and Bcl-2 with antralization in the gastric incisura, body, and fundusHarry Hua Xiang Xia
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Am J Gastroenterol 97:3023-31. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the topographic associations of Ki-67 (a protein expressed in proliferative cells), Bax (a pro-apoptotic protein), and Bcl-2 (an antiapoptotic protein) expression with antralization...
- Isolation and primary structure of pituitary human galanin, a 30-residue nonamidated neuropeptideW E Schmidt
Department of Medicine, Georg August University of Gottingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:11435-9. 1991..Synthetic hGal possesses full biological activity on isolated rat fundus muscle strips...
- RhoA kinase and protein kinase C participate in regulation of rabbit stomach fundus smooth muscle contractionPaul H Ratz
Department of Physiological Sciences, Eastern Virginia Medical School, PO Box 1980, Norfolk, Virginia, VA 23501, USA
Br J Pharmacol 137:983-92. 2002....
- Functional roles of muscarinic M2 and M3 receptors in mouse stomach motility: studies with muscarinic receptor knockout miceTakio Kitazawa
Department of Pharmacology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069 8501, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 554:212-22. 2007....
- Impact of Helicobacter pylori infection and mucosal atrophy on gastric lesions in patients with familial adenomatous polyposisS Nakamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Gut 51:485-9. 2002..The role of Helicobacter pylori and atrophic gastritis in the pathogenesis of gastric lesions in familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) has not been clarified...
- Effect of phorbol 12,13-dibutyrate on smooth muscle tone in rat stomach fundusTakayuki Matsumoto
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Tokyo, Japan
J Smooth Muscle Res 41:107-16. 2005..We speculate that a major factor mediating the relaxant action of PDBu in rat stomach fundus smooth muscle is represented by a reduction in Ca2+ influx via an inhibition of Ca2+ channels...
- Pharmacological characterization of 5-Hydroxytryptamine-receptor subtypes in circular muscle from the rat stomachTohru Komada
Discovery Biology Research, Global Research and Development, Nagoya Laboratories, Pfizer Japan Inc, 5 2 Taketoyo, Aichi 470 2393, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:508-13. 2007..The corpus presents the contractile 5-HT2A receptors, and the fundus presents the contractile 5-HT2B receptors and the relaxant 5-HT2A and 5-HT4 receptors...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor subtypes and signalling pathways involved in relaxation of human stomachC Severi
Department of Clinical Sciences, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Neurogastroenterol Motil 18:1009-18. 2006..In conclusion, regional differences in VIP action on human stomach are related to distinct myogenic properties of SMC of the antrum and the fundus...
- Treatment of morbid obesity by intraparietogastric administration of botulinum toxin: a randomized, double-blind, controlled studyD Foschi
I Unit of Surgery, Department of Clinical Sciences L Sacco, San Siro Clinical Institute, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:707-12. 2007..The aim of our study was to investigate whether or not the intraparietogastric administration of botulinum toxin A (BTX), able to modify the motility patterns of the stomach, could be useful for treatment of obesity...
- Diabetes-related changes in contractile responses of stomach fundus to endothelin-1 in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsKazuki Endo
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Tokyo, Japan
J Smooth Muscle Res 41:35-47. 2005..These results suggest that the diabetes-related enhancement of the ET-1-induced contraction of the stomach fundus may be due to an increase in the ET(B) receptor population...
- Coexistence of gastric- and intestinal-type endocrine cells in gastric and intestinal mixed intestinal metaplasia of the human stomachTakafumi Otsuka
Division of Oncological Pathology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Pathol Int 55:170-9. 2005....
- Effect of an aqueous distillate of Origanum onites L. on isolated rat fundus, duodenum and ileum: evidence for the role of oxygenated monoterpenesS Aydin
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey
Pharmazie 60:147-50. 2005..As being one of the first pharmacological studies on aqueous distillates, a possible pharmacological activity of cis-p-menth-4-ene-1,2-diol and 3,7-dimethyl-1-octen-3,7-diol is proposed in this study...
- Effects of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, fluoxetine, on regional gastric contractilityA N James
Department of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 17:76-82. 2005..Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are increasingly used to treat a variety of disorders but have gastrointestinal side-effects...
- The 5-HT4 receptor agonist, tegaserod, is a potent 5-HT2B receptor antagonist in vitro and in vivoD T Beattie
Theravance, Inc, 901 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Br J Pharmacol 143:549-60. 2004..It remains to be determined whether this 5-HT2B receptor antagonist activity of tegaserod contributes to its clinical profile...
- Roles of CaM kinase II and phospholamban in SNP-induced relaxation of murine gastric fundus smooth musclesMinkyung Kim
Dept of Physiology and Cell Biology, Univ of Nevada School of Medicine, Anderson Bldg MS352, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 291:C337-47. 2006..Our findings that caffeine relaxes and hyperpolarizes murine gastric fundus smooth muscles and increases phospholamban (PLB) phosphorylation by Ca2+/calmodulin (CaM)-dependent protein ..
- Histology and culture results among subjects with antibodies to CagA but no evidence of Helicobacter pylori infection with IgG ELISAWeimin Ye
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:312-8. 2005..In a recent case-control study, this serological pattern was strongly linked to stomach cancer, and it was hypothesized to represent "burned-out" CagA-positive infections. The aim of this analysis was to test this hypothesis...
- Effects of EGIS-7625, a selective and competitive 5-HT2B receptor antagonistAnikó Kovács
Division of Preclinical Research, EGIS Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Budapest, Hungary
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 17:427-34. 2003..In conclusion, EGIS-7625 is a potent, selective and competitive 5-HT(2B) antagonist that seems to be a good research tool for the separation of the functional roles of vascular 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(2B) receptors...
- [Gastric epithelial polyps (part two)]Luis Hernán Espejo Romero
Clínica Médica de la UNMSM, and Propedéutica y Clínica de la Universidad San Martín de Porres
Rev Gastroenterol Peru 24:50-74. 2004..97 mEql for hyperplastics and 1.60 mEql for adenomas. D.A.M. was 6.05 mEql for hyperplastics and 5.49 mEql for adenomas. Our experience as to normal cases showed 2.5 mEqh +/- 1.2 and 22 mEqh +/- 6, respectively, for D.A.B and D.A.M...
- Nitrergic relaxation in rat gastric fundus: influence of mechanism of induced tone and possible role of sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPaseLieve A Van Geldre
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Life Sci 74:3259-74. 2004..tone and the role of sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ ATPase (SERCA) in nitrergic relaxation of rat gastric fundus. Prostaglandin F(2alpha) (PGF(2alpha)), thapsigargin (TSG) and cyclopiazonic acid (CPA) were used in ..
- Impaired gastric motility in the gastroesophageal reflux rat model: an in vitro studyMelih Tugay
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kocaeli University, Medical School, Kocaeli, Turkey
J Surg Res 115:272-8. 2003..The present study investigated the effects of acid and mixed reflux on the responsiveness of gastric smooth muscle in the gastroesophageal reflux (GER) rat model...
- Differential effects of nifedipine and verapamil on non-adrenergic non-cholinergic relaxations at different levels of active tone: assessment of the contribution of nerve-derived hyperpolarizing factorY Ergun
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cukurova, 01330, Balcali, Adana, Turkey
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 25:105-12. 2005..non-adrenergic non-cholinergic (NANC) nerve-mediated relaxations in different states of active tone in the rat gastric fundus. 2. NANC relaxations induced by electrical field stimulation (ES: 0.1, 0...
- Gastric smooth muscle contractility changes in the esophageal atresia rat model: an in vitro studyMelih Tugay
Kocaeli University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 38:1366-70. 2003..The aim of the study was to investigate the gastric smooth muscle reactivity in the Adriamycin-induced esophageal atresia (EA) rat model...
- Influence of the selective neuronal NO synthase inhibitor ARL 17477 on nitrergic neurotransmission in porcine stomachRomain A Lefebvre
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 525:143-9. 2005..of the selective nNOS inhibitor ARL 17477 was studied on electrically induced nitrergic relaxations in pig gastric fundus strips and on gastric fundic compliance in conscious pig...
- Depression by relaxin of neurally induced contractile responses in the mouse gastric fundusMaria Caterina Baccari
Departments of Physiological Sciences and Anatomy, 4, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Biol Reprod 70:222-8. 2004..In conclusion, the peptide hormone relaxin depresses cholinergic contractile responses in the mouse gastric fundus by up-regulating NO biosynthesis at the neural level.
- Comparison of the gastroprokinetic effects of ghrelin, GHRP-6 and motilin in rats in vivo and in vitroInge Depoortere
Centre for Gastroenterological Research, Department of Pathophysiology, University of Leuven, Gasthuisberg O and N, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharmacol 515:160-8. 2005..We compared the gastroprokinetic effects of ghrelin, the ghrelin receptor agonist, growth hormone releasing peptide 6 (GHRP-6), and motilin in rats in vivo and in vitro...
- Characterization of pre- and postsynaptic muscarinic receptors in circular muscle of pig gastric fundusPascal G Leclere
Heymans Institute of Pharmacology, Ghent University, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 135:1245-54. 2002..of muscarinic receptors on the cholinergic neurones and smooth muscle in the circular muscle of the pig gastric fundus. 2...
- Comparative inhibitory effects of niflumic acid and novel synthetic derivatives on the rat isolated stomach fundusDavid N Criddle
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, CCS, Universidade Estadual do Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
J Pharm Pharmacol 54:283-8. 2002....
- Antispasmodic, bronchodilator and vasodilator activities of (+)-catechin, a naturally occurring flavonoidMuhammad Nabeel Ghayur
Natural Product Research Lab, Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Aga Khan University Medical College, Karachi, Pakistan
Arch Pharm Res 30:970-5. 2007....
- Nitric oxide involvement in the effect of acute lithium administration on the nonadrenergic noncholinergic-mediated relaxation of rat gastric fundusMehdi Ghasemi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran 13145 784, Iran
Nitric Oxide 17:152-9. 2007..of the present study was to verify the effect of acute lithium administration on the nonadrenergic noncholinergic (NANC)-mediated relaxation of rat isolated gastric fundus and to evaluate the role of nitric oxide pathway in this manner.
- Difference of p53AIP1 mRNA expression in gastric mucosa between patients with gastric cancer and chronic gastritis infected with Helicobacter pyloriManabu Sawaya
First Department of Internal Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki, Japan
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:351-5. 2008..To examine the significance of alteration of p53-regulated apoptosis-induced protein 1 (p53AIP1) expression in gastric carcinogenesis in patients with Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Functional association between proximal and distal gastric motility during fasting and duodenal nutrient stimulation in humansN Q Nguyen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Neurogastroenterol Motil 19:638-45. 2007..In humans, a functional association exists between proximal and distal gastric motility during fasting and duodenal nutrient stimulation. This may have a role in optimizing intra-gastric meal distribution...
- Gene expression profiling in human gastric mucosa infected with Helicobacter pyloriVéronique J Hofman
Faculty of Medicine, Inserm ERI 21, Nice Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 20:974-89. 2007..This study provides 'proof-of-principle' data for identifying molecular mechanisms driving H. pylori-associated carcinogenesis before morphological evidence of changes along the neoplastic progression pathway...
- Effects of trout endothelin on the motility of gastrointestinal smooth muscle from the trout and ratY Wang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University Medical School, Omaha, Nebraska 68178, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 123:156-62. 2001..The rat ET-1-induced contractions of the trout gastrointestinal tissues are in part indirect, involving a serotoninergic neuronal pathway in the intestine and a noncholinergic, nonserotoninergic pathway in the stomach...
- Effects of washout following indomethacin administration on electrical field stimulation-induced isolated rat gastric fundus strip contractionsMansoor Keshavarz
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1456-9. 2007..action of indomethacin, the drug has shown relaxatory effects on isolated longitudinal and transverse rat gastric fundus. To explain the above discrepancy, the aim of this study was to investigate the effects of washout following ..
- The 5-HT2B antagonist and 5-HT4 agonist activities of tegaserod in the anaesthetized ratJ L McCullough
Department of Pharmacology, Theravance Inc, 901 Gateway Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Pharmacol Res 53:353-8. 2006..The clinical relevance of the 5-HT2B receptor antagonism of tegaserod remains to be determined...
- Catecholaminergic neurons in rat dorsal motor nucleus of vagus project selectively to gastric corpusJ J Guo
Neurogastroenterology Research, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 280:G361-7. 2001..NOS-IR) neurons in the rat caudal dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus (DMV) project selectively to the gastric fundus and may be involved in vagal reflexes controlling gastric distension...
- Pre- and postjunctional protective effect of neocuproine on the nitrergic neurotransmitter in the mouse gastric fundusJ G de Man
Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Antwerp (UIA, B-2610 Antwerpen, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 132:277-85. 20011. Electrical field stimulation (EFS) of non-adrenergic non-cholinergic nerves of the mouse gastric fundus induced frequency-dependent transient relaxations which were mimicked by nitric oxide (NO), added as acidified NaNO(2)...
- Influence of orexin A on the mechanical activity of mouse gastric stripsMaria Caterina Baccari
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Florence, Viale G B Morgagni 63, 50134, Florence, Italy
Regul Pept 146:67-72. 2008..The results indicate that OXA exerts region-specific effects and that, in the fundus, depresses EFS-induced contractile responses by acting at the nervous level. It is likely that NO is involved in the effects of the peptide...
- Deficiency of intramuscular ICC increases fundic muscle excitability but does not impede nitrergic innervationJan D Huizinga
Intestinal Disease Research Program, Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3Z5, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G589-94. 2008..The fundic musculature shows increased responses to substance P-mediated innervation and shows marked spontaneous activity, which is consistent with increased muscle excitability...
- Smooth muscle myosin heavy chain isoform distribution in the swine stomachJonathan A Parisi
Marquette University, Department of Biology, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1881, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 50:385-93. 2002..This information may prove useful in helping to elucidate possible unique physiological roles of SMB MHC...
- Impaired nitrergic relaxations in the gastric fundus of dystrophic (mdx) miceM C Baccari
Department of Physiology, University of Florence, Viale G B Morgagni 63, 50134, Florence, Italy
Neurosci Lett 282:105-8. 2000..Results suggest that, in strips from mdx mice, a defective production/release of the neurotransmitter responsible for the brisk relaxation, likely nitric oxide, occurs...
- An unusual expression of hyperplastic gastropathy (Menetrier type) in twinsCarolina Ibarrola
Department of Pathology, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:441-5. 2003..Their stomachs showed confluent polypoid mucosal projections affecting mainly the gastric fundus and the antrum...
- Inhibitory actions of indomethacin on electrical and mechanical responses produced by nerve stimulation in circular smooth muscle of the guinea-pig gastric fundusS Yoneda
Department of Physiology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
J Smooth Muscle Res 37:81-93. 2001..by transmural nerve stimulation (TNS) were investigated in isolated circular smooth muscle of the guinea-pig gastric fundus. TNS evoked a cholinergic excitatory junction potential (e.j.p.). The e.j.p...
- Nitrergic and purinergic interplay in inhibitory transmission in rat gastric fundusT Vetri
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Laboratorio di Fisiologia generale, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, Parco D Orleans II, Palermo, Italy
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 27:151-7. 2007..non- cholinergic (NANC) relaxation and possible interplay between nitrergic and purinergic systems in rat gastric fundus. 2 Experiments were performed in vitro on strips of longitudinal muscle from rat gastric fundus, recording the ..
- Autoregulation of enterochromaffin-like cell histamine secretion via the histamine 3 receptor subtypeM Kidd
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520-8062, USA
Yale J Biol Med 69:9-19. 1996INTRODUCTION: The neuroendocrine histamine-secreting cell of the gastric fundus, the enferochromaffin-like cell, is the principal regulator of parietal cell acid secretion...
- The gastric biology of Helicobacter pyloriGeorge Sachs
Department of Physiology, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Annu Rev Physiol 65:349-69. 2003..This allows the organism to live in either gastric fundus or gastric antrum depending on the level of acidity at the gastric surface...
- Effects of omega-conotoxin GVIA on autonomic neuroeffector transmission in various tissuesA De Luca
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 101:437-47. 1990..in response to field stimulation of NANC nerves were inhibited by conotoxin in guinea-pig taenia caeci and rat gastric fundus strips, and in rat anococcygeus muscle when the tone was raised by guanethidine but not when it was raised by ..
- [Antireflux surgery, comperative study of three laparascopic techniques]Xavier Gómez Cárdenas
Departamento de Cirugia General, Centro Medico ABC, Mexico, D F
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 70:402-10. 2005..Laparoscopic fundoplication for the surgical treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease is widely accepted all over the world...
- Purinoceptors mediating relaxation and spasm in the rat gastric fundusM S Matharu
Department of Physiological Sciences, Medical School, Manchester University
Br J Pharmacol 106:395-403. 19921. The relaxant and spasmogenic effects of purines and analogues were studied in longitudinal strips of rat gastric fundus to characterize the purinoceptors involved...
- Oxyntic Atrophy and Novel Gastric LineagesJAMES RICHARD GOLDENRING; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, we will examine whether Lgr5-expressing chief cells in the gastric fundus may represent a quiescent progenitor cell population that could contribute to the development of SPEM...
- Image-guided Bariatric Arterial Embolization (BAE) for the Treatment of ObesityCLIFFORD RAABE WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2013..A potent endogenous hunger stimulant, ghrelin, which is principally produced in the gastric fundus, has been a target for weight loss...
- PROSTAGLANDINS AND LOCAL CONTROL OF THE CIRCULATIONALAN NIES; Fiscal Year: 1990..For gastric studies, a canine model with isolation of the circulation of the gastric fundus and corpus will be used so that substances inducing or blocking histamine release can be studied without ..
- H+ NEUTRALIZATION AND C1- HOMEOSTASIS IN GASTRIC MUCOSADavid Soybel; Fiscal Year: 2002..cotransporter is the dominant mechanism for regulating aiCl of oxyntic cells and surface cells in Necturus gastric fundus during stimulation of acid secretion; 2) a complementary, Cl--independent mechanism of basolateral HCO3-..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY OF GASTRIC ION TRANSPORTJEFFREY DEMAREST; Fiscal Year: 1991..mechanisms which oxyntic (OC, acid-secreting) and surface epithelial (SEC, mucus- secreting) cells of the gastric fundus use to actively transport H, Cl, Na and HC03: and (ii) characterize the properties of the paracellular shunt...
- VAGAL GASTRIC MOTOR CONTROL IN MICEELITA PARTOSEOEDARSO; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the hindbrain, vagal motor output to the gastric fundus is from preganglionic cholinergic neurons that are both excitatory and inhibitory...
- ELECTRICAL CONTROL OF GASTRODUODENAL MOTILITYKENTON SANDERS; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information will be useful in designing rational therapies for patients that suffer from problems resulting from inappropriate gastric emptying. ..
- IN VIVO PATHOGENESIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori pathogenesis and specifically evaluate the role of regulatory T cells in limiting H. pylori-induced gastric pathology. ..
- HUS Pathogenesis & clinical Outcome in an in vivo modelJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will use this model to study the pathogenesis of HUS and importantly to develop therapeutic regimens to prevent and treat EHEC disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GASTRIC ENTEROCHROMAFFIN-LIKE CELL IN ULCER DISEASEGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hence this approach will provide additional insights into mechanisms of regulation of gastric secretion and enable illuminated interpretation of the pathophysiology of peptic ulcer disease. ..
- INCREASING COLORECTAL CANCER SCREENINGRandall Burt; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Zeiss LSM 510 Laser Scanning Confocal MicroscopeSean Ward; Fiscal Year: 2002..The instrument will be housed in an existing NIH funded imaging core laboratory. ..
- PHENOTYPIC AND PSYCHOSOCIAL STUDY OF THE L1307K MUTATIONHenry Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Microecology-murine gut-initiation & progression of IBDJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2005..prior and subsequent to oral vaccination with Helicobacter spp. antigens and mucosal adjuvants, elucidate how these vaccine strategies influence microflora dynamics and impact gut cytokine responses. ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HIGH RISK FAMILIAL COLON CANCER- GENETICS AND PHENOTYPERandall Burt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE GASTRIC ACID PUMP AS A TARGET FOR ULCER TREATMENTGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of the proposed research will further improve the agents used for the treatment of acid-related diseases and also our knowledge of the ATPase and cellular events involved in regulation of its activity. ..
- Helicobacter induced hepatitis and tumorigenesisJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..A more complete understanding of the etiopathogenesis of hepatobiliary disease and hepatocellular carcinoma is likely to result in new strategies for treatment and prevention of these important human diseases. ..
- Hindbrain Actions of LeptinGerlinda E Hermann; Fiscal Year: 2011..Clearly, a better understanding of the control of energy expenditure should be crucial to the control of obesity and is of critical scientific, clinical and societal importance. ..
- Thrombin and CNS: Gastric Dysfunction after Head TraumaGerlinda Hermann; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., via an R01 funding program). ..
- Alternative Estrogen Replacement Therapy for Colon Canc*Martha Campbell Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These results would also suggest additional potential for chemoprevention strategies based on selective estrogen receptor (ERbeta) therapies. ..