Genomes and Genes
Summary: The area covering the terminal portion of ESOPHAGUS and the beginning of STOMACH at the cardiac orifice.
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancerDavid Cunningham
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 355:11-20. 2006..We assessed whether the addition of a perioperative regimen of ECF to surgery improves outcomes among patients with potentially curable gastric cancer...
- Amplification of HER-2 in gastric carcinoma: association with Topoisomerase IIalpha gene amplification, intestinal type, poor prognosis and sensitivity to trastuzumabM Tanner
Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, FIN 33101 Tampere, Finland
Ann Oncol 16:273-8. 2005..HER-2/neu gene amplification has predictive value in breast cancer patients responding to trastuzumab. We wanted to investigate the frequency and clinical significance of HER-2/neu amplification in gastric carcinoma...
- Phase III comparison of preoperative chemotherapy compared with chemoradiotherapy in patients with locally advanced adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junctionMichael Stahl
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Henricistr 92, D 45136 Essen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 27:851-6. 2009..Preoperative chemotherapy is an accepted standard in the treatment of localized esophagogastric adenocarcinoma. Adding radiation therapy to preoperative chemotherapy appears promising, but its definitive value remains unknown...
- Clinicopathological features and prognostic factors of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction according to Siewert classification: experiences at a single institution in JapanYuichi Hosokawa
Department of Surgical Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 19:677-83. 2012Treatment strategy for adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) remains controversial...
- Cancer of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction: data-driven staging for the seventh edition of the American Joint Committee on Cancer/International Union Against Cancer Cancer Staging ManualsThomas W Rice
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 116:3763-73. 2010..At the request of the AJCC, worldwide data from 3 continents were assembled to develop data-driven, harmonized esophageal staging for the seventh edition of the AJCC/UICC cancer staging manuals...
- Phase III trial in metastatic gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma with fluorouracil, leucovorin plus either oxaliplatin or cisplatin: a study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische OnkologieSalah Eddin Al-Batran
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Krankenhaus Nordwest, Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:1435-42. 2008..This study was designed to compare fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and cisplatin in patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: incidence, characteristics, and treatment strategiesShinichi Hasegawa
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Kanagawa Cancer Center, Yokohama, 241 0815, Japan
Gastric Cancer 13:63-73. 2010The incidence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) is dramatically increasing in Western countries, while it is not increasing in Eastern countries...
- Is adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction different between Japan and western countries? The incidence and clinicopathological features at a Japanese high-volume cancer centerShinichi Hasegawa
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Kanagawa Cancer Center, 241 0815 Nakao 1 1 2, Asahi ku, Yokohama City, Japan
World J Surg 33:95-103. 2009We clarified the incidence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) at a Japanese high-volume cancer center and its clinicopathological features between the Siewert subtypes.
- Laparoscopic transgastric resection of gastric submucosal tumors located near the esophagogastric junctionXiaowu Xu
Department of General Surgery, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Zhejiang University, School of Medicine, 3 East Qingchun Road, Hangzhou, 310016, China
J Gastrointest Surg 17:1570-5. 2013..But it cannot easily be applied to tumors located near the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) due to the high risk of causing deformity or stenosis in the gastric inlet...
- Adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction: influence of esophageal resection margin and operative approach on outcomeAndrew P Barbour
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Surg 246:1-8. 2007..To determine whether the length of esophageal resection or the operative approach influences outcome for patients with adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction (GEJ)...
- Perioperative chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma: an FNCLCC and FFCD multicenter phase III trialMarc Ychou
Centre Regional de Lutte contre le Cancer Val d Aurelle, 298 rue des apothicaires 34298 Montpellier Cedex 05, France
J Clin Oncol 29:1715-21. 2011..This phase III trial was designed to evaluate the benefit in overall survival (OS) of perioperative fluorouracil plus cisplatin in resectable gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy compared with surgery alone for locally advanced cancer of the stomach and cardia: European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer randomized trial 40954Christoph Schuhmacher
Klinikum rechts der Isar, Chirurgische Klinik der TU München, Ismaningerstr 22, D 81675 Munchen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:5210-8. 2010..We examined the value of purely preoperative chemotherapy in a phase III trial with strict preoperative staging and surgical resection guidelines...
- Biologic and clinical variations of adenocarcinoma at the esophago-gastric junction: relevance of a topographic-anatomic subclassificationJ Rudiger Siewert
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
J Surg Oncol 90:139-46; discussion 146. 2005..The subclassification of AEG tumors thus provides a useful tool for the selection of the surgical procedure and allows a better comparison of treatment results...
- Comparison of heart and coronary artery doses associated with intensity-modulated radiotherapy versus three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for distal esophageal cancerThomas P Kole
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:1580-6. 2012..four-field three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) treatment plans for patients with distal esophageal cancer undergoing chemoradiation...
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophago-gastric junctionJ R Siewert
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, D 81675 Munchen, Germany
Scand J Surg 95:260-9. 2006..We have consequently used the AEG-criteria (adenocarcinoma of the esophago-gastric junction) for classification and have based the selection of the surgical approach on the anatomic topographic subclassification...
- Efficacy and safety of endoscopic submucosal dissection for tumors of the esophagogastric junctionN Kakushima
Department of Gastroenterology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 38:170-4. 2006The esophagogastric junction (EGJ) has been considered a difficult location for endoscopic treatment of tumors, due to its narrow lumen and sharp angle...
- Esophagogastric junction adenocarcinoma according to Siewert classification in TaiwanWen Liang Fang
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3237-44. 2009The incidence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) is rapidly increasing. We evaluated the clinicopathological difference and outcomes of Taiwanese patients with AEG according to the Siewert classification.
- Expression of annexin A1 in esophageal and esophagogastric junction adenocarcinomas: association with poor outcomeKim L Wang
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4598-604. 2006..However, the role of ANXA1 in esophageal adenocarcinoma is unclear. Our goal was to evaluate ANXA1 expression and determine its prognostic significance in adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction.
- Mature results from a phase II trial of postoperative concurrent chemoradiotherapy for poor prognosis cancer of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junctionDavid J Adelstein
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:1264-9. 2009..Mature results are presented from a phase II trial of postoperative concurrent chemoradiotherapy in patients with poor-prognosis cancer of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junction after primary surgical resection...
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in gastroesophageal cancer: correlation between immunohistochemistry and fluorescence in situ hybridizationLaura J Tafe
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:1460-5. 2011..Patients with advanced gastroesophageal cancer have poor survival with current therapy. Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) represents a promising therapeutic target, but the optimal HER2 testing strategy is not yet defined...
- Submucosal tumors of the esophagogastric junction originating from the muscularis propria layer: a large study of endoscopic submucosal dissection (with video)Quan lin Li
Endoscopy Center and Endoscopy Research Institute, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Gastrointest Endosc 75:1153-8. 2012..a minor invasive treatment without loss of curability is desirable for submucosal tumors (SMTs) of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ)...
- Preoperative chemoradiotherapy for esophageal or junctional cancerP van Hagen
Department of Surgery, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 366:2074-84. 2012..We compared chemoradiotherapy followed by surgery with surgery alone in this patient population...
- Transoral endoscopic fundoplication in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease: the anatomic and physiologic basis for reconstruction of the esophagogastric junction using a novel deviceBlair A Jobe
Division of Thoracic and Foregut Surgery, Heart, Lung and Esophageal Surgery Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Ann Surg 248:69-76. 2008To determine the safety, mechanism of action, immediate postprocedural anatomic impact on the esophagogastric junction, and short-term efficacy of the first entirely endolumenal antireflux procedure.
- Laparoscopic intragastric stapled resection of gastric submucosal tumors located near the esophagogastric junctionN Tagaya
Second Department of Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Surg Endosc 16:177-9. 2002Laparoscopic resection cannot be applied easily to tumors located near the esophagogastric junction or the pyloric ring...
- Phase II trial of erlotinib in gastroesophageal junction and gastric adenocarcinomas: SWOG 0127Tomislav Dragovich
University of Arizona Cancer Center, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4922-7. 2006....
- Expression of epidermal growth factor receptor in esophageal and esophagogastric junction adenocarcinomas: association with poor outcomeKim L Wang
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 109:658-67. 2007The prognosis for patients with esophageal and esophagogastric junction (EGJ) adenocarcinoma remains poor, even after surgical resection...
- Expert opinion on management of gastric and gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma on behalf of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC)-gastrointestinal cancer groupEric Van Cutsem
Digestive Oncology Unit, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 44:182-94. 2008..The addition of biological agents to the optimal chemotherapy regimen may achieve further improvements in efficacy...
- Obesity: a challenge to esophagogastric junction integrityJohn E Pandolfino
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Gastroenterology 130:639-49. 2006The aim of the current study was to analyze the relationship between obesity and the morphology of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) pressure segment using high-resolution manometry.
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: surgical therapy based on 1602 consecutive resected patientsMarcus Feith
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 15:751-64. 2006..regarding the etiology, classification, and surgical treatment of adenocarcinoma arising at the esophagogastric junction. The classification of adenocarcinomas into three types, AGE type I, type II, and type III, shows marked ..
- Genetic profiles of gastroesophageal cancer: combined analysis using expression array and tiling array--comparative genomic hybridizationAnna Isinger-Ekstrand
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Barngatan 2B, Lund, Sweden
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 200:120-6. 2010..These data suggest that molecular diagnostics and targeted therapies can be applied to adenocarcinomas of the distal esophagus and gastroesophageal junction alike...
- The dichotomy in carcinogenesis of the distal esophagus and esophagogastric junction: intestinal-type vs cardiac-type mucosa-associated adenocarcinomaElizabeth G Demicco
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mod Pathol 24:1177-90. 2011Adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagus and esophagogastric junction continues to rise in incidence. An intestinal metaplasia (Barrett esophagus)-dysplasia-carcinoma sequence induced by gastroesophageal reflux disease is well established...
- Predicting response to treatment in gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomas: combining clinical, imaging, and molecular biomarkersGillian H Bain
Medical and Experimental Oncology, Section of Translational Medical Sciences, Division of Applied Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB15 2ZD, Scotland
Oncologist 15:270-84. 2010....
- Long-term outcome of 2920 patients with cancers of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction: evaluation of the New Union Internationale Contre le Cancer/American Joint Cancer Committee staging systemRalf Gertler
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Ann Surg 253:689-98. 2011..We analyzed the long-term outcome of patients operated for esophageal cancer and evaluated the new seventh edition of the tumor-node-metastasis classification for cancers of the esophagus...
- Cigarette smoking and adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction: a pooled analysis from the international BEACON consortiumMichael B Cook
Hormonal and Reproductive Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health DHHS, 6120 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20852 7234, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1344-53. 2010Previous studies that showed an association between smoking and adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction were limited in their ability to assess differences by tumor site, sex, dose-response, and duration of cigarette ..
- Phase II study of trastuzumab and cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction cancerCristina Gravalos
Medical Oncology Department, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 13:179-84. 2011..We conducted a multicentre phase II trial to evaluate trastuzumab in combination with cisplatin in patients with untreated HER2-positive advanced gastric or GEJ cancer...
- (18)F-FDG PET-guided salvage neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: the MUNICON II trialChristian Meyer Zum Büschenfelde
3rd Department of Medicine Haematology and Medical Oncology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 52:1189-96. 2011..Therefore, we initiated this prospective trial to improve the clinical outcome of metabolic nonresponders using a salvage neoadjuvant radiochemotherapy...
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: the role of abdominal-transhiatal resectionFabio Carboni
Department of Digestive Surgery, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:304-10. 2009The surgical strategy for adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction is still controversial...
- Superficial adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: long-term results of endoscopic submucosal dissectionKingo Hirasawa
Gastroenterological Center and Department of Pathology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Minami Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 72:960-6. 2010Endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) was recently introduced as a treatment option for superficial adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ); however, its long-term clinical outcomes have not been fully evaluated.
- Multidisciplinary management of gastric and gastroesophageal cancersMarkus Moehler
World J Gastroenterol 14:3773-80. 2008..This article reviews the most relevant literature on the multidisciplinary management of gastric and gastroesophageal cancer, and discusses future strategies to improve locoregional failures...
- A randomized multicenter phase II study comparing capecitabine with irinotecan or cisplatin in metastatic adenocarcinoma of the stomach or esophagogastric junctionM Moehler
Department of Medicine, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Ann Oncol 21:71-7. 2010..This randomized phase II trial compared for the first time capecitabine with irinotecan or cisplatin in this setting...
- Clinicopathologic features and treatment outcomes of patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junctionB E Phillips
Departments of Solid Tumor Oncology Radiation Oncology, Taussig Cancer Institute Departments of Molecular Pathology Anatomic Pathology, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart and Vascular Institute Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dis Esophagus 26:299-304. 2013..Given the demonstrated benefit of trastuzumab in HER2-positive gastric cancer and the similar incidence of HER2 overexpression in esophageal/GEJ adenocarcinoma, further evaluation of HER2-directed therapy in this disease seems indicated...
- Three-field lymphadenectomy for carcinoma of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junction in 174 R0 resections: impact on staging, disease-free survival, and outcome: a plea for adaptation of TNM classification in upper-half esophageal carcinomaT Lerut
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, University of Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Ann Surg 240:962-72; discussion 972-4. 2004..To determine the impact of esophagectomy with 3-field lymphadenectomy on staging, disease-free survival, and 5-year survival in patients with carcinoma of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junction (GEJ)...
- Lymphatic vessel invasion as a prognostic factor in patients with primary resected adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junctionBurkhard H A von Rahden
Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:874-9. 2005To evaluate the value of lymphatic vessel invasion (LVI) as a predictor of survival in patients with primary resected adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junction (AEG).
- Management of malignant stricture of the esophagogastric junction with a newly designed self-expanding metal stent with an antireflux mechanismC S Shim
Institute for Digestive Research, Soon Chun Hyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Endoscopy 37:335-9. 2005When stents are placed across the esophagogastric junction for palliative treatment of malignant strictures, they may lead to esophagogastric reflux...
- The functional lumen imaging probe (FLIP) for evaluation of the esophagogastric junctionBarry P McMahon
Centre for Visceral Biomechanics and Pain, Aalborg Hospital, Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G377-84. 2007There is a need for new methods to study the dynamics of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ). The aims were to verify the efficacy and usefulness of a "functional lumen imaging probe" (FLIP) for the evaluation of the EGJ...
- Impact of solitary involved lymph node on outcome in localized cancer of the esophagus and esophagogastric junctionSuzanne Rowley
University Department of Surgery, Trinity College Centre for Health Sciences, St James Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, 8, Ireland
J Gastrointest Surg 11:493-9. 2007..The presence of a solitary involved lymph node has a negative impact on survival compared with node-negative disease, but it is associated with significantly improved overall survival compared with all other nodal groups...
- Differences in the definitions used for esophageal and gastric diseases in different countries: endoscopic definition of the esophagogastric junction, the precursor of Barrett's adenocarcinoma, the definition of Barrett's esophagus, and histologic criteriKaiyo Takubo
Research Team for Geriatric Pathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology and Department of Pathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Geriatric Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Digestion 80:248-57. 2009..Definitions and opinions in the field of gastroenterology vary widely in different countries...
- Comparison of the prognostic value of tumour- and patient-related factors in patients undergoing potentially curative resection of oesophageal cancerSumanta Dutta
Academic Unit of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Wolfson Medical School Bldg, University Ave, Glasgow, G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK
World J Surg 35:1861-6. 2011..The aim of the present study was to compare the predictive value of selected markers of systemic inflammation in patients who undergo surgical resection of oesophageal cancer...
- The pattern of metastatic lymph node dissemination from adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junctionS M Dresner
Northern Esophago-Gastric Cancer Unit, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Surgery 129:103-9. 2001BACKGROUND: The incidence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction is rapidly increasing, and the extent of lymphadenectomy for such tumors remains controversial...
- Lymph node involvement in advanced gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomaCorrado Pedrazzani
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Unit of Surgical Oncology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:378-85. 2007..The present study was aimed at evaluating these key aspects in advanced gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma...
- Comparison of changes in tumor metabolic activity and tumor size during chemotherapy of adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junctionHinrich A Wieder
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Nucl Med 46:2029-34. 2005..We evaluated the temporal relationship between chemotherapy-induced changes in tumor glucose use and tumor size...
- Predictive value of initial PET-SUVmax in patients with locally advanced esophageal and gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomaNabil P Rizk
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York 10021, USA
J Thorac Oncol 4:875-9. 2009..In this study, we analyze the impact of the pretreatment PET SUVmax in patients with locally advanced esophageal adenocarcinoma who undergo preoperative chemoradiotherapy...
- Laparoscopic intragastric resection of gastric stromal tumor located at the esophago-cardiac junctionFumihiro Uchikoshi
Department of Surgery, E1, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 14:1-4. 2004..There were no complications including stenosis or gastroesophageal reflux in any patient to date. LIGS is a feasible surgical option for gastric stromal tumors located at ECJ...
- Surgical management of esophagogastric junction tumorsBurkhard H A von Rahden
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaningerstr 22, Munchen D 81675, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 12:6608-13. 2006Surgical resection with lymphadenectomy is the mainstay of treatment for all resectable esophagogastric junction tumors, prior to systemic generalization of the disease...
- Laparoscopic surgery for submucosal tumors located at the esophagogastric junction and the prepylorusSun Hwi Hwang
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, 300 Gumi dong, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Gyeonggi, Korea
Surg Endosc 23:1980-7. 2009..However, SMTs of either end of the stomach are generally managed by subtotal gastrectomies or total gastrectomies. This study was conducted to evaluate surgical techniques for management of SMTs located at the ends of the stomach...
- The integrity of esophagogastric junction anatomy in patients with isolated laryngopharyngeal reflux symptomsKyle A Perry
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1880-7. 2008Distortion of esophagogastric junction anatomy in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease produces permanent dilation of the gastric cardia proportional to disease severity, but it remains unclear whether this mechanism underlies ..
- Clinical characteristics, biologic behavior, and survival after esophagectomy are similar for adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction and the distal esophagusJessica M Leers
Department of Surgery, The University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:594-602; discussion 601-2. 2009....
- Changing trends in the proportion of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction in a large tertiary referral center in JapanChika Kusano
Endoscopy Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1662-5. 2008A dramatic increase in incidence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) over the past two decades has been reported in the West. However, epidemiological data from Asian countries have not shown a similar trend...
- French Society of Digestive Endoscopy SFED guideline: monitoring of patients with Barrett's esophagusJ Boyer
Endoscopy 39:840-2. 2007
- Review of second-line chemotherapy for advanced gastric adenocarcinomaD Wilson
The Cancer Centre, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:81-90. 2005..In addition, data suggest that patients who respond to second-line therapy consistently survive longer compared with non-responders, and, perhaps more importantly, symptomatic benefit may be obtained from second-line therapy...
- Extracapsular lymph node involvement in node-positive patients with adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagus or gastroesophageal junctionSjoerd M Lagarde
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Surg Pathol 30:171-6. 2006..Together with the T-stage and the lymph node ratio, extracapsular LNI reflects a particularly aggressive biologic behavior and has significant prognostic potential...
- PET to assess early metabolic response and to guide treatment of adenocarcinoma of the oesophagogastric junction: the MUNICON phase II trialFlorian Lordick
Department of Surgery, Clinic rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Lancet Oncol 8:797-805. 2007..We aimed to assess the feasibility of a PET-response-guided treatment algorithm and its potential effect on prognosis...
- Inter- and intra-observer variability of magnification chromoendoscopy for detecting specialized intestinal metaplasia at the gastroesophageal junctionA Meining
Department of Medicine, City Center Hospital University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Endoscopy 36:160-4. 2004..So far, however, no data have been published on the interobserver and intra-observer variability of these new methods...
- Lower esophageal sphincter is achalasic in nNOS(-/-) and hypotensive in W/W(v) mutant miceD V Sivarao
Center for Swallowing and Motility Disorders, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 1400 VFW Parkway, West Roxbury, Massachusetts 02132, USA
Gastroenterology 121:34-42. 2001..We determined whether mice with neuronal nitric oxide synthase gene disruption (nNOS(-/-)) and W/W(v) mice lacking ICC-IM have achalasia-like LES dysfunction...
- Multicenter phase II study of irinotecan, cisplatin, and bevacizumab in patients with metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomaManish A Shah
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5201-6. 2006..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of the addition of bevacizumab to chemotherapy in the treatment of gastric and gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma...
- Promoter hypermethylation of p16INK4a, E-cadherin, O6-MGMT, DAPK and FHIT in adenocarcinomas of the esophagus, esophagogastric junction and proximal stomachHans Ulrich Schildhaus
Department of Pathology, Otto von Guericke University, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Int J Oncol 26:1493-500. 2005..Therefore, 29 adenocarcinomas [10 BC, 7 PGC and 12 tumors of the esophagogastric junction (JC)] and corresponding non-tumor controls (NT) were examined using methylation-specific PCR...
- Abnormal gastroesophageal flap valve is highly associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease among subjects undergoing routine endoscopy in TaiwanBor Ru Lin
Division of Endoscopy, Department of Integrated Diagnostics and Therapeutics, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:556-62. 2006..This study evaluated the significance of endoscopic grading of the GEFV in Taiwanese subjects...
- Efficacy of treatment for patients with achalasia depends on the distensibility of the esophagogastric junctionWout O Rohof
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 143:328-35. 2012..Distensibility of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) largely determines esophageal emptying...
- How to classify adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junction: as esophageal or gastric cancer?Ralf Gertler
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 35:1512-22. 2011To evaluate whether so-called cardiac adenocarcinomas (adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junction type II and III, ie AEG II and III) are better staged as cancers of the esophagus or as cancers of the stomach.
- Staging and outcome depending on surgical treatment in adenocarcinomas of the oesophagogastric junctionM Reeh
Department of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Br J Surg 99:1406-14. 2012..In a retrospective study, preoperative staging of AOG and the impact of preoperative misclassification on outcome were analysed...
- Gastroesophageal flap valve is associated with gastroesophageal and gastropharyngeal refluxGwang Ha Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University College of Medicine, 1 10 Ami dong, Seo Gu, Busan, 602 739, Korea
J Gastroenterol 41:654-61. 2006..The endoscopic grade of the gastroesophageal flap valve (GEFV) is suggested to be a good predictor of reflux status. The aim of this study was to investigate the association of the GEFV and gastroesophageal and gastropharyngeal reflux...
- [Laparoscopic transhiatal proximal gastrectomy for adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction: report of 98 cases]Ming Yang Ren
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, North Sichuan Medical College, Sichuang Nanchong, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 15:906-9. 2012To explore the safety and short-term efficacy of laparoscopic transhiatal proximal gastrectomy in patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction.
- Laparoscopic intragastric surgery revisited: its role for submucosal tumors adjacent to the esophagogastric junctionJohji Hara
Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 22:251-4. 2012When the gastric submucosal tumor (SMT) locates adjacent to the esophagogastric junction (EGJ), it is difficult to preserve EGJ technically and oncologically...
- Optimal extent of lymph node dissection for Siewert type II esophagogastric junction carcinomaHiroharu Yamashita
Gastric Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg 254:274-80. 2011To determine the optimal extent of lymph node dissection for carcinomas of the true cardia, otherwise called Siewert type II esophagogastric junction (EGJ) carcinomas.
- Validation of the application of the Japanese curative criteria for superficial adenocarcinoma at the esophagogastric junction treated by endoscopic submucosal dissection: a long-term analysisKenichiro Imai
Division of Endoscopy, Shizuoka Cancer Center, 1007, Shimonagakubo, Nagaizumi, Suntogun, Shizuoka 411 8777, Japan
Surg Endosc 27:2436-45. 2013..have shown promising results with endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) for adenocarcinoma at the esophagogastric junction (EGJAC)...
- Split-dose docetaxel, cisplatin and leucovorin/fluorouracil as first-line therapy in advanced gastric cancer and adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction: results of a phase II trialS Lorenzen
Technical University Munich, 3rd Department of Internal Medicine Hematology Medical Oncology, Munich, Germany
Ann Oncol 18:1673-9. 2007..To reduce toxicity while maintaining the efficacy of DCF, we investigated split doses of docetaxel (T), cisplatin (P), leucovorin (L) and fluorouracil (F)...
- Palliative first-line therapy with weekly high-dose 5-fluorouracil and sodium folinic acid as a 24-hour infusion (AIO regimen) combined with weekly irinotecan in patients with metastatic adenocarcinoma of the stomach or esophagogastric junction followed bKathrin Koucky
Department of Internal Medicine 1 of Erlangen University, Erlangen, Germany
Med Sci Monit 17:CR248-58. 2011....
- Treatment approaches to esophagogastric junction tumorsYukinori Kurokawa
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Dig Surg 30:169-73. 2013b>Esophagogastric junction (EGJ) adenocarcinomas are usually classified into one of the three categories of the Siewert system. The clinicopathological features of EGJ adenocarcinomas vary according to this classification scheme...
- Nodal metastasis from locally advanced esophageal cancer: how neoadjuvant therapy modifies their frequency and distributionCarlo Castoro
Oncological Surgery Unit, Veneto Institute of Oncology IOV IRCCS, Padova, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3743-54. 2011..The aim of this study was to define how neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy changes nodal metastasis patterns in locally advanced esophageal cancer...
- The impact of preoperative radiochemotherapy on survival in advanced esophagogastric junction signet ring cell adenocarcinomaSarah Bekkar
Department of Digestive and Oncological Surgery, University Hospital Claude Huriez, Lille, France
Ann Thorac Surg 97:303-10. 2014..Preoperative radiochemotherapy, of already proven efficacy for esophagogastric junction adenocarcinomas (EGJA), could be an alternative neoadjuvant strategy for SRC EGJA...
- [Clinical and pathological prognostic factors for cancers of the esophagogastric junction]S C Schmidt
Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Allgemein, Visceral und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
Zentralbl Chir 134:455-61. 2009Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) is a particular tumour entity because two substantially different surgical procedures are required according to the location...
- Individualized surgical strategies for cancer of the esophagogastric junctionH J Stein
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Germany
Ann Chir Gynaecol 89:191-8. 2000..between the stomach and esophagus the optimal surgical strategy for patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction is controversial...
- Unchanging trend of esophagogastric junction adenocarcinoma in Korea: experience at a single institution based on Siewert's classificationJ W Chung
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Dis Esophagus 22:676-81. 2009The incidence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) has been increasing in Western countries. It is unclear, however, whether similar changes are occurring in Asia...
- Metabolic response evaluation by PET during neoadjuvant treatment for adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and esophagogastric junctionA Sendler
Allgemein, Viszeral und Tumorchirurgie, Isar Medizin Zentrum, Sonnenstr 24 26, 80331, Munchen, Germany
Recent Results Cancer Res 182:167-77. 2010Following several randomized trials, neoadjuvant therapy in adenocarcinoma of esophagus and the esophagogastric junction can be seen as an international standard...
- Differential pathologic variables and outcomes across the spectrum of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junctionJohn V Reynolds
Department of Surgery, St James s Hospital and Trinity College Dublin, Trinity Center, Dublin 8, Ireland
World J Surg 34:2821-9. 2010Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) as described by Siewert et al...
- The number of lymph nodes with metastasis predicts survival in patients with esophageal or esophagogastric junction adenocarcinoma who receive preoperative chemoradiationYan Gu
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 106:1017-25. 2006The survival of patients with locoregional adenocarcinoma of the esophagus or the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) who receive preoperative chemoradiation is reported to be better among patients who achieve a pathologic complete response ..
- [Prevalence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction in a 10 year period at a cancer referral center in southern Brazil]S G de Barros
Grupo de Estudos e Pesquisas em Câncer de Esôfago, GEPECE, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre
Arq Gastroenterol 36:32-6. 1999There is increasing incidence of adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction in the USA and Europe, however, data in Brazil are scanty.
- [Laparoscopic transhiatal extended gastrectomy for type II, III esophagogastric junction cancer: a preliminary report of 55 cases]Zi Qiang Wang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 13:652-5. 2010To explore the feasibility and safety of laparoscopic extended gastrectomy through the transhiatal approach in patients with esophagogastric junction cancer.
- Significance of radiation therapy for adenocarcinomas of the esophagus, gastroesophageal junction and gastric cancer with special reference to the MAGIC trialGunther Klautke
Strahlenther Onkol 183:163-9. 2007
- Non-Epstein-Barr virus associated lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the esophagogastric junction with microsatellite instability, K-ras wild typeSimona Gurzu
Department of Pathology, University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Targu Mures, Romania
Pathol Res Pract 209:128-31. 2013..Macroscopically, a 45 mm × 20 mm × 10 mm-sized, ulcero-infiltrative tumor located in the esophagogastric junction was described...
- Safe laparoscopic resection of a gastric gastrointestinal stromal tumor close to the esophagogastric junctionYasuo Sakamoto
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, National Kyushu Cancer Center, 3 1 1 Notame, Minami Ku, Fukuoka, 811 1395, Japan
Surg Today 42:708-11. 2012..gastric function; however, performing a wedge resection to excise a large tumor located close to the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) can result in deformation of the stomach and/or the stenosis of the EGJ if the gastric wall ..
- Functional lumen imaging probe to assess geometric changes in the esophagogastric junction following endolumenal fundoplicationToshitaka Hoppo
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Shadyside Medical Center, Suite 715, 5200 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 15:1112-20. 2011....
- Lymphatic spread and microinvolvement in adenocarcinoma of the esophago-gastric junctionPaulus G Schurr
Department of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Surg Oncol 94:307-15. 2006..Adenocarcinoma of the esophago-gastric junction (EGJ) potentially spreads to abdominal and mediastinal lymph nodes...
- Adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junction are more likely to respond to preoperative chemotherapy than distal gastric cancerDaniel Reim
Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 19:2108-18. 2012Preoperative chemotherapy has been shown to improve outcome of patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEG) and gastric cancer (GC), and histopathologic response has been identified as an independent prognostic ..
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use reduces risk of adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and esophagogastric junction in a pooled analysisLinda M Liao
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Gastroenterology 142:442-452.e5; quiz e22-3. 2012..However, individual studies have been too small to accurately assess the effects of medication type, frequency, or duration of use. We performed a pooled analysis to investigate these associations...
- Esophagogastric junction distensibility assessed with an endoscopic functional luminal imaging probe (EndoFLIP)Monika A Kwiatek
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 2951, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 72:272-8. 2010Increased esophagogastric junction (EGJ) compliance is a key abnormality in GERD leading to increased volumes of reflux. To date, EGJ distensibility has been measured only with investigational barostat-based prototype devices.
- Renal toxicity of adjuvant chemoradiotherapy with cisplatin in gastric cancerStefan Welz
Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1429-35. 2007..On the basis of previously reported results of a Phase II trial using a more aggressive, cisplatin-containing chemoradiotherapy schedule, we investigated the effects of this approach on long-term renal function...
- Lymph node metastasis from cancer of the esophagogastric junction, and determination of the appropriate nodal dissectionYoshihiro Kakeji
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Surg Today 42:351-8. 2012Both squamous cell carcinomas and adenocarcinomas can develop in the esophagogastric junction. To clarify the appropriate lymph node dissection range, lymph node metastases from cancers in the esophagogastric junction were investigated.
- Adenocarcinoma of the Esophagogastric Junction in China according to Siewert's classificationJi Gang Bai
The Department of General Surgery, The First Hospital of Xi An Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Jpn J Clin Oncol 36:364-7. 2006..On the basis of the classification, this study aims to research into the clinicopathological characteristics and surgical modes of adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction in China.
- Should adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction be classified as esophageal cancer? A comparative analysis according to the seventh AJCC TNM classificationYun Suhk Suh
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg 255:908-15. 2012The aim of this study was to evaluate the adequacy of esophageal classification for adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (AEJ) of the seventh American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) TNM classification.
- Phase I/II trial of preoperative oxaliplatin, docetaxel, and capecitabine with concurrent radiation therapy in localized carcinoma of the esophagus or gastroesophageal junctionDavid R Spigel
Sarah Cannon Research Institute, 3322 West End Ave, Suite 201, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2213-9. 2010..This multicenter community-based phase I/II trial examined a modern triplet regimen comprised of oxaliplatin, docetaxel, and capecitabine (ODC) combined with radiation therapy (RT)...
- THE ESOPHAGOGASTRIC JUNCTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASEPeter James Kahrilas; Fiscal Year: 2013..One root cause of GERD is impairment of the reflux barrier at the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) leading to more episodes of reflux, greater refluxate volume, and loss of the ability to ..
- THE DIAPHRAGM--AN EXTERNAL LOWER ESOPHAGEAL SPHINCTERRAVINDER MITTAL; Fiscal Year: 1993The intraluminal pressure at the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) is the major barrier to gastroesophageal reflux...
- Genetic Etiologies of Esophageal Barrett's and CancerCharis Eng; Fiscal Year: 2003While the incidence of adenocarcinomas of the esophagus (EAC) and of the esophagogastric junction (EGJAC) continue to rise, the prognosis remains poor...
- MOLECULAR MARKERS IN ESOPHAGEAL ADENOCARCINOMAStanley Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2001..The goals of this proposal are to address in patients with adenocarcinoma in the distal esophagus and esophagogastric junction (EGJ) our findings on chromosome 18q loss in colon cancer and to develop additional new leads to the ..
- METALWORKING FLUIDS AND AERODIGESTIVE CANCER RISKDavid Kriebel; Fiscal Year: 2000..and ingestion); endolarynx (exposure by inhalation); and esophagus excluding adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (primarily ingestion); 2...
- Anatomic and Mechanical Variables of the EGJ in GERDJohn Pandolfino; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this research proposal is to understand the role of anatomical and mechanical variables of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) in the pathogenesis of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)...
- Mechanisms and Therapeutics in Cancer Anorexia/CachexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..This K23 grant application will serve as a springboard to allow her to delve into the pathophysiology of this syndrome and to develop into an independent clinical investigator. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- PHARYNGEAL RECEPTORS AND REFLUX DISEASERAVINDER MITTAL; Fiscal Year: 2001..Effects of atropine on the frequency of TLESR and GER in patients with reflux esophagitis. ..
- Comparison of Two Therapies for UES DysphagiaReza Shaker; Fiscal Year: 2004..anteroposterior and lateral diameter of maximum deglutitive UES opening, and b. maximum deglutitive laryngeal anterior and superior excursions. ..
- ROLE OF PUBORECTALIS MUSCLE IN FECAL CONTINENCERAVINDER MITTAL; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In-utero Exposure and Infant Loss of IGF2 ImprintingCathrine Hoyo; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study also has the potential to provide a foundation for future studies investigating the etiology of chronic diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and some cancers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- Novel Method of Surveillance in Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is an innovative method by which a physician can diagnose hidden areas of cancer within patients who are at a high risk of developing esophageal cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lung Cancer Chemoradiation: Predictors of SurvivalXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..This multivariate prognostic study could have long-term prognostic potential by allowing greater individualization of therapy, based on the genetic makeup of the patient, thereby both increasing efficacy and reducing morbidity. ..
- Gastric Tube Placement in Young ChildrenMarsha Ellett; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this study will increase the safety of using gastric tubes in young children. ..
- Insulin-like Growth Factors and Esophageal CancerCathrine Hoyo; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- DIVERGENT CAUSAL PATHWAYS TO MELANOMA: A COMBINED ANALYSIS OF 12 CASE-CONTROL STUDavid Whiteman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately, the results of this research may contribute to better preventive strategies to reduce the number of people who die from melanoma (currently 8000 people each year in the United States). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth K Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide an improved understanding regarding the response of Barrett's esophagus to ablation therapy. ..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- Quantitative Approach to Analysis of Cortical DynamicsHualou Liang; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Videoscopic Drainage of Infected Pancreatic CollectionsKaren Horvath; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal is to use data obtained from this study as the basis for a multicenter, Phase III, randomized study comparing the VARD to the current standard of care, open surgical necrosectomy. ..
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AIMS of study are to 1) investigate visceral hypersensitivity using barostat examination of the pouch; 2) conduct a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the use of amitriptyline in IPS. ..
- MII to characterize reflux in Barrett's esophagusDonald Castell; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR SCREENING BARRETT'S ESOSPHAGUSKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of a screening device for Barrett's esophagus that could be operated by paramedical personnel would enable large-scale low cost screening to identify patients at risk for esophageal cancer. ..
- Familial Aggregation of Barrett's EsophagusAmitabh Chak; Fiscal Year: 2003..They will also define a population at risk in whom interventions to prevent or eradicate Barrett's esophagus can be applied. ..
- Molecular epidemiology of Barretts esophagus and cancerDavid Whiteman; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel direct vago-vagal recording of i.v. ghrelin actionDavid Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Screening for Barrett's in Otolaryngology PatientsBlair Jobe; Fiscal Year: 2008..A secondary aim is to establish that in-office unsedated small-caliber endoscopy is accurate and acceptable to patients when employed within a screening program for Barrett's esophagus. ..
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- THE HIGH PRESSURE ZONE OF THE DISTAL ESOPHAGUSLarry Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..They will delineate both the normal and abnormal interactions of the LES and CD, using simultaneous ultrasound and manometry to define the physiology and pathophysiology of the GEJHPZ. ..
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- GENETIC INFLUENCE ON MUTAGEN SENSITIVITY--A TWIN STUDYXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, these potential biomarkers may ultimately be used to identify individuals who should be targeted for more intense screening programs or behavior modification interventions. ..
- Markers of Genetic Susceptibility to Bladder CancerXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to rapidly screen individuals for risk, using minimally invasive procedures (blood samples), has immense clinical implication, such as intensive screening and chemopreventive interventions. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such individuals may then be targeted for intervention programs such as chemoprevention or dietary modification. ..