Genomes and Genes
common bile duct
Summary: The largest bile duct. It is formed by the junction of the CYSTIC DUCT and the COMMON HEPATIC DUCT.
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Guidewire versus conventional contrast cannulation of the common bile duct for the prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis: a systematic review and meta-analysisJustin Cheung
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Gastrointest Endosc 70:1211-9. 2009..The use of a guidewire (GW) for cannulation of the bile duct during ERCP may prevent post-ERCP pancreatitis (PEP)...
- Visualising liver fibrosis by phase-contrast X-ray imaging in common bile duct ligated miceXi Zhang
Department of Radiology, Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Fudan University, 270 DongAn Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Eur Radiol 23:417-23. 2013To determine whether phase-contrast X-ray imaging can be used to visualise directly the accumulated extracellular matrix proteins associated with liver fibrosis in common bile duct ligated mice.
- De-novo cholangiocarcinoma in native common bile duct remnant following OLT for primary sclerosing cholangitisCarmen Landaverde
University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Hepatol 8:379-83. 2009..for PSC, although choledochocholedochostomy has been found to be safe and efficacious for PSC if the distal common bile duct is uninvolved at the time of OLT...
- High-definition confocal endomicroscopy of the common bile ductFrederick K Shieh
Digestive Diseases Section, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8019, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:401-6. 2012Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy (pCLE) of the common bile duct (CBD) is a new procedure that can be used for assessing indeterminate billiary strictures...
- Common bile duct injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy and the use of intraoperative cholangiography: adverse outcome or preventable error?D R Flum
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7183, USA
Arch Surg 136:1287-92. 2001b>Common bile duct (CBD) injury is a serious complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC). Predictors of this adverse outcome have not been well documented.
- A comparison of covered and uncovered Wallstents for the management of distal malignant biliary obstructionWon Jae Yoon
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yeongeon dong, Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 63:996-1000. 2006..The efficacy and complications of covered self-expandable metal stents (SEMS) remain controversial...
- An angulated common bile duct predisposes to recurrent symptomatic bile duct stones after endoscopic stone extractionD Keizman
Department of Gastroenterology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizmann Street, Tel Aviv, 64239, Israel
Surg Endosc 20:1594-9. 2006..This study investigated whether an angulated common bile duct (CBD) that may predispose to bile stasis influences symptomatic stone recurrence after successful endoscopic ..
- Migrated endoclip and stone formation after cholecystectomy: a case treated by endoscopic sphincterotomyTakahiro Goshi
Department of Gastroenterology and Oncology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima
Intern Med 48:2015-7. 2009Endoclip migration into the common bile duct following laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) is an extremely rare complication...
- Biliary cyst fluid from common bile duct-ligated rats stimulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase in pulmonary artery endothelial cells: a potential role in hepatopulmonary syndromeL Liu
Department of Internal Medicine, Liver Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham and the Birmingham Veterans Administration Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, USA
Hepatology 33:722-7. 2001..In the common bile duct ligation (CBDL) model, endothelin-1 (ET-1) released from the liver contributes to the rise in pulmonary eNOS ..
- Contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance cholangiography versus heavily T2-weighted magnetic resonance cholangiographyN Papanikolaou
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Medical School of Crete, Stavrakia, 71110 Heraklion, Crete
Invest Radiol 36:682-6. 2001..Four anatomic segments were evaluated: the intrapancreatic and extrapancreatic common bile duct segments, the cystic duct, and the area of hepatic bifurcation...
- Comparison of laparoscopic common bile duct exploration and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography plus laparoscopic cholecystectomy for choledocholithiasis: a prospective randomized studyBora Koc
Department of HPB Surgery, Okmeydani Training and Research Hospital, Darülaceze Cad No 25 Okmeydanı Şişli İstanbul 34384, Turkey
Am J Surg 206:457-63. 2013Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and laparoscopic common bile duct exploration are safe and efficient methods that have recently been used for the treatment of bile duct stones...
- EUS and/or EUS-guided FNA in patients with CT and/or magnetic resonance imaging findings of enlarged pancreatic head or dilated pancreatic duct with or without a dilated common bile ductBanke Agarwal
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:237-42; quiz 334, 335. 2008..findings of an enlarged head of pancreas (HOP) or dilated pancreatic duct (PD) with or without a dilated common bile duct (CBD) on CT or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), in patients without obstructive jaundice, raise suspicion ..
- Primary extranodal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the common bile duct manifesting as obstructive jaundice: report of a caseHideaki Dote
Department of Surgery, Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
Surg Today 39:448-51. 2009Primary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) of the common bile duct (CBD) manifesting as obstructive jaundice is extremely rare: to our knowledge, only 22 cases of primary NHL arising from the CBD have been reported...
- Neurofibroma of the common bile duct: a rare cause of obstructive jaundiceSukanta Ray
Division of Surgical Gastroenterology, School of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Am J Surg 202:e1-3. 2011Neurofibroma of the common bile duct is extremely rare. Fewer than 20 cases have been reported in the literature. We report a case of neurofibroma in a 47-year-old female presented with obstructive jaundice...
- Inhibition of K(Ca) channels restores blunted hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction in rats with cirrhosisE P Carter
Cardio Pulmonary Research Laboratoty, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 279:L903-10. 2000..roles of nitric oxide (NO) and endothelin-1 (ET-1) in the blunted hypoxic pressor response (HPR) in rats with common bile duct ligation (CBDL)...
- Changes in serum cytokine concentration: a morphological study of liver cirrhosis induced by common bile duct ligation in ratsByung Seok Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Pathology, Chung Nam National University Hospital, Daesa dong, Jung Gu, Daejeon 301 721, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 18:6-12. 2003..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between the changes of the serum cytokines and morphological changes following common bile duct ligation in experimental rats.
- Effects of endothelin-1 on portal-systemic collaterals of common bile duct-ligated cirrhotic ratsC C Chan
Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Eur J Clin Invest 34:290-6. 2004..This study investigated the collateral vascular responses to ET-1, the receptors in mediation and the regulation of ET-1 action by nitric oxide and prostaglandin in cirrhotic rats with a relatively low degree of portal-systemic shunting...
- Fracture of an expandable metallic stent placed for biliary obstruction due to common bile duct carcinomaHiroshi Yoshida
Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Nippon Medical School Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 73:164-8. 2006..metallic stent (Cordis Endovascular, Warren, NJ) placed to treat biliary obstruction due to an unresectable common bile duct carcinoma. An 82-year-old man presented with jaundice...
- Does cholecystectomy status influence the common bile duct diameter? A matched-pair analysisSaurabh Chawla
Department of Medicine, John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, 1900 W Polk St, 15th Floor, Chicago, IL, 60612, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:1155-60. 2010The common bile duct (CBD) diameter is one factor that clinicians use when deciding on invasive evaluation for intra-ductal pathology, e.g., endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography...
- Are there roles for intraductal US and saline solution irrigation in ensuring complete clearance of common bile duct stones?Tiing Leong Ang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Gastrointest Endosc 69:1276-81. 2009Persistent small common bile duct (CBD) stones after endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) and stone extraction may be a nidus for stone growth and could be detected by intraductal US (IDUS)...
- Identification of parasite DNA in common bile duct stones by PCR and DNA sequencingJi Sun Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University, Republic of Korea
Korean J Parasitol 45:301-6. 2007..Genomic DNA was isolated from each of 15 common bile duct (CBD) stones and 5 gallbladder (GB) stones...
- Histological study of gallbladder and bile duct epithelia in patients with anomalous arrangement of the pancreaticobiliary ductal system: comparison between those with and without a dilated common bile ductYutaka Noda
Department of Gastroenterology, Sendai City Medical Center, 5 22 1 Tsurugaya, Miyagino ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 983 0824, Japan
J Gastroenterol 42:211-8. 2007..We histologically evaluated the epithelia of the gallbladder (GB) and bile duct (BD) in patients with anomalous arrangement of the pancreaticobiliary ductal system (AAPB), with regard to the shape of the common BD (CBD)...
- Protective effect of low dose of melatonin against cholestatic oxidative stress after common bile duct ligation in ratsMukaddes Esrefoglu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 11:1951-6. 2005....
- Congenital dilatation of the common bile duct and pancreaticobiliary maljunction: clinical implicationsWataru Kimura
Department of Gastroenterological and General Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:209-13. 2009CLINICAL CONDITIONS AND DIAGNOSIS: Congenital dilatation of the common bile duct is a disease in which the extrahepatic bile duct, or both the extra and intrahepatic bile ducts, is dilated in various ways...
- Recurrent symptomatic common bile duct stones after endoscopic stone extraction in elderly patientsDaniel Keizman
Department of Gastroenterology, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Gastrointest Endosc 64:60-5. 2006Endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) and stone extraction are established therapeutic procedures for common bile duct (CBD) stones. Little is known about the outcomes of EST for CBD stones among elderly patients.
- Laparoscopic common bile duct exploration in patients with gallstones and choledocholithiasisAlexis Sánchez
Medicine Faculty, Central University of Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela
JSLS 14:246-50. 2010To compare the effectiveness of laparoscopic common bile duct exploration in patients with failed endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
- Hem-o-lok clip found in common bile duct after laparoscopic cholecystectomy and common bile duct exploration: a clinical analysis of 8 casesYahui Liu
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, The First Bethune Hospital, Jilin University, Jilin 130021, China
Int J Med Sci 9:225-7. 2012Currently laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) and common bile duct exploration (LCBDE) has become the standard surgical procedure for cholecystolithiasis and choledocholithiasis...
- The common bile duct ligation in rat: A relevant in vivo model to study the role of mechanical stress on cell and matrix behaviourChristelle Guyot
INSERM E0362, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Histochem Cell Biol 126:517-23. 2006b>Common bile duct ligation leads to bile accumulation and liver fibrosis. In this model, little attention has been dedicated to the modification of the common bile duct...
- Carcinoid tumor of the common bile duct in children: a case reportJianghua Zhan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Tianjin Childrens s Hospital, Tianjin 300074, China
J Pediatr Surg 45:2061-3. 2010Carcinoid tumors of common bile duct (CBD) are rare, with fewer than 60 cases reported worldwide. Typically, jaundice is the most common presenting symptom...
- Mixed neuroendocrine tumor of the common bile ductRevital Linder
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of General Surgery, Rambam Health Care Center, Haifa, Israel
JOP 14:71-3. 2013..Mixed adenoendocrine tumors of the extrahepatic bile ducts are exceedingly rare and most of those who are rarely diagnosed are adenocarcinomas. Neuroendorine tumors accounts for only 0.2-2%...
- Traumatic avulsion of the intrapancreatic common bile duct: case reportG D'Amata
Centro Ospedaliero Universitario di Nizza, France
G Chir 27:27-30. 2006..We present a case of avulsion of the intrapancreatic common bile duct. Very often the lesion is not identifiable until the signs of jaundice and biliary ascites occur...
- Surgical technique for complete resection of the extrahepatic portion of the common bile duct and the ampulla of Vater for tumors of the ampulla of VaterKoichi Aiura
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinanomachi 35, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:276-81. 2011..Local resection can be the procedure of choice in selected ampullary lesions for high-risk patients...
- Development of a training model for laparoscopic common bile duct explorationAlexis Sánchez
Central University of Venezuela, Surgery Department III, University Hospital of Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela
JSLS 14:41-7. 2010Training and experience of the surgical team are fundamental for the safety and success of complex surgical procedures, such as laparoscopic common bile duct exploration.
- Gastroduodenal artery pseudoaneurysm ruptured in the common bile ductM Fodor
Department of General Surgery, First Surgical Clinic, Emergency District Hospital, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Acta Chir Belg 110:103-5. 2010..We present an unusual case of a GDA pseudoaneurysm that ruptured in the common bile duct, and that was successfully treated by partial resection and hepatic artery reconstruction...
- System approach to prevent common bile duct injury and enhance performance of laparoscopic cholecystectomyHeng Hui Lien
Department of General Surgery, Cathay Medical Center, School of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:164-70. 2007..from 5200 cases of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) and 29 patients (6 ours, 23 referred) with major common bile duct (CBD) injury during LC in our institute between December 1990 and July 2004 was reported to demonstrate that ..
- Increased expression of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator in rat liver after common bile duct ligationHong Shen
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Cell Physiol 203:599-603. 2005..The aim of current study is to investigate the expression of CFTR in the liver of common bile duct ligated (BDL) rats. After BDL, there was an increase in the abundance of CFTR mRNA and protein...
- Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy with routine intraoperative cholangiography and common bile duct exploration via the umbilical portDavid Yeo
Department of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Surg Endosc 26:1122-7. 2012..This study aimed to demonstrate the feasibility of the SILS technique for cholecystectomy with routine IOC (LCIOC) and common bile duct (CBD) exploration as needed via the umbilical port.
- Spindle cell-type undifferentiated carcinoma of the common bile duct of the hepatic hilus: report of a caseYoshitsugu Nakanishi
Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Surg Today 37:708-12. 2007..We herein report a case of this type of carcinoma in the common bile duct of the hepatic hilus. A 59-year-old man was admitted to our hospital complaining of jaundice...
- Undifferentiated spindle and giant cell carcinoma of the common bile ductShoichi Dowaki
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 28:127-30. 2003Undifferentiated spindle and giant cell carcinoma of the common bile duct has not been reported previously...
- Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma causing luminal common bile duct obstructionC D Sutton
Department of Surgery, Leicester General Hospital, UK
Dig Surg 17:297-9. 2000..RESULTS: We present only the second case of an intrahepatic cystadenoma causing luminal obstruction of the common bile duct. Clinical presentation is often non-specific and can prove to be a diagnostic challenge...
- Safety measures during cholecystectomy: results of a nationwide surveyK T Buddingh
Department of Surgery, University Medical Centre Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
World J Surg 35:1235-41; discussion 1242-3. 2011..This study aimed to identify safety measures practiced by Dutch surgeons during laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Laparoscopic common bile duct explorationRosario Vecchio
Department of Surgery, University of Catania, Via Plebiscito 628, 95100 Catania, Italy
Langenbecks Arch Surg 387:45-54. 2002In recent years, laparoscopic common bile duct exploration has become the procedure of choice in the management of choledocholithiasis in several laparoscopic centers...
- Surgeon knowledge, behavior, and opinions regarding intraoperative cholangiographyNader N Massarweh
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6410, USA
J Am Coll Surg 207:821-30. 2008The risk of common bile duct injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) is 50% to 70% lower when an intraoperative cholangiogram (IOC) is used, and this effect is exaggerated among less experienced surgeons...
- [Risk factors for recurrent bile duct stones after endoscopic clearance of common bile duct stones]Yoo Hum Baek
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 54:36-41. 2009We aimed to explore the risk factors contributing to the recurrence of common bile duct (CBD) stones after successful endoscopic stone clearance, focused on the anatomical factors of CBD and presence or absence of ursodeoxycholic acid (..
- Reconstruction of the common bile ductSeymour I Schwartz
J Am Coll Surg 200:154-6. 2005
- Mechanisms of pulmonary vascular complications of liver disease: hepatopulmonary syndromeMichael B Fallon
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham Liver Center, Birmingham, AL 35294 0005, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:S138-42. 2005..How these alterations are influenced by bacterial translocation and the systemic hyperdynamic circulatory state and whether similar changes occur in human disease are areas of ongoing investigation...
- Intraoperative cholangiography and risk of common bile duct injury during cholecystectomyDavid R Flum
The Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, The Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 6410, USA
JAMA 289:1639-44. 2003Intraoperative cholangiography (IOC) may decrease the risk of common bile duct (CBD) injury during cholecystectomy by helping to avoid misidentification of the CBD.
- Common bile duct stone caused by a fish bone: report of a caseHiromu Kaji
Department of Surgery, National Minami Kyoto Hospital, 11 Naka Ashihara, Joyo 610 0113, Japan
Surg Today 34:268-71. 2004..determine the cause of jaundice in an 83-year-old man led to the diagnosis of incomplete obstruction of the common bile duct due to stone formation around an ingested fish bone...
- One hundred laparoscopic choledochotomies with primary closure of the common bile ductG Decker
Department of Visceral Surgery A, University Hospital Center Montpellier Hôpital Saint Eloi, F 34295 Montpellier, France
Surg Endosc 17:12-8. 2003..The authors report a prospective multicentric evaluation of laparoscopic choledochotomy with completion choledochoscopy and primary duct closure without any biliary drainage...
- Error traps and vasculo-biliary injury in laparoscopic and open cholecystectomySteven M Strasberg
Section of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Washington University in Saint Louis, 1 Barnes Hospital Plaza, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:284-92. 2008..to failure to perceive the presence of an aberrant right hepatic duct on cholangiography and injury to the common bile duct in the case of a "parallel union" cystic duct...
- Is a T-tube necessary after common bile duct exploration?Irfan Ahmed
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, E Floor, West Block, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
World J Surg 32:1485-8. 2008..practice after surgical choledocholithotomy, but there is now a tendency in some centers to close the common bile duct (CBD) primarily...
- Anomalous opening of the common bile duct into the duodenal bulb: endoscopic treatmentSelcuk Disibeyaz
Department of Gastroenterology, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
BMC Gastroenterol 7:26. 2007..Anomalous biliary opening especially the presence of the ampulla of Vater in the duodenal bulb is a very rare phenomenon. We report clinical implications, laboratory and ERCP findings and also therapeutic approaches in 53 cases...
- Laparoscopic transcystic duct common bile duct explorationS Lyass
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Surg Endosc 20:S441-5. 2006The modern era of common bile duct (CBD) surgery started with Mirizzi, who introduced intraoperative cholangiography in 1932...
- Endoscopic treatment of sphincterotomy-associated distal common bile duct strictures by using sequential insertion of multiple plastic stentsJózsef Pozsár
Second Department of Medicine, Szent Imre Hosital, H 1115 Budapest, Hungary
Gastrointest Endosc 62:85-91. 2005A rare, late complication of endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy is the occurrence of short strictures extending from the papillary orifice to the distal parts of the extraduodenal common bile duct.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy and common bile duct exploration are safe for older patientsA M Paganini
Clinica di Chirurgia Generale e Metodologia Chirurgica, Ospedale Umberto I degrees, Universita di Ancona, Piazza Cappelli 1, 60121 Ancona, Italy
Surg Endosc 16:1302-8. 2002Laparoscopic common bile duct (CBD) exploration is a well-established treatment option in dedicated centers. However, few data are available on the results in elderly patients.
- Accessing the common bile duct after Roux-en-Y gastric bypassAhmed R Ahmed
Department of Bariatric Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Highland Hospital, Rochester, New York 14620, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:640-3. 2007..Both patients underwent percutaneous transhepatic access to the common bile duct (CBD) for balloon sphincteroplasty...
- A case of small cell carcinoma of the common bile ductTakashi Kaiho
Department of Surgery, Kimitsu Chuo Hospital, Kisarazu City, Chiba, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:363-7. 2005..We report a case of small cell carcinoma which occurred in the common bile duct. A 66-year-old female complained of epigastralgia and weight loss...
- The treatment of patients with symptomatic common bile duct stenosis secondary to chronic pancreatitis using partially covered metal stents: a pilot studyP Cantu
Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Endoscopy 37:735-9. 2005Although surgery remains the gold standard for the treatment of symptomatic common bile duct stenosis associated with chronic pancreatitis, plastic and self-expandable open-mesh stents have been proposed as alternative treatments...
- Percutaneous transhepatic use of a cutting balloon in the treatment of a benign common bile duct strictureJohn S Sheridan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:346. 2007
- [Common bile duct ligation as a model of hepatopulmonary syndrome and oxidative stress]Juliana Tieppo
Laboratório de Fisiologia Digestiva e Estresse Oxidativo, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 42:244-8. 2005The hepatopulmonary syndrome is characterized by hepatic dysfunction and presence of dilated pulmonary vessels, with alterations in air diffusion that can be demonstrated in the experimental model of common bile duct ligation.
- Percutaneous transhepatic use of a cutting balloon in the treatment of a benign common bile duct strictureNirmal K Kakani
Department of Radiology, The Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Devon, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:462-4. 2006..To our knowledge we present the first case of use of a cutting balloon in the treatment of BBS through a percutaneous approach...
- Obstructive jaundice due to a textiloma mimicking a common bile duct stoneBayindir Cimsit
Department of General Surgery, Hepatopancreatobiliary Unit, Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 13:172-3. 2006..We report a 19-year-old woman with jaundice caused by a surgical gauze in the common bile duct (CBD). Four yours earlier, she had undergone a cholecystectomy and drainage for hydatid disease of the liver...
- Complete obstruction of the lower common bile duct caused by autoimmune pancreatitis: is biliary reconstruction really necessary?Toshiki Matsubara
Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Dengakugakubo Kutsukake cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:76-83. 2005..We report a case of autoimmune pancreatitis in a patient who showed complete obstruction of the lower common bile duct. A 63-year-old man was admitted to a local hospital, complaining of appetite loss and back pain...
- How reliable is intraoperative cholangiography as a method for detecting common bile duct stones? : A prospective population-based study on 1171 patientsPer Videhult
Centre of Gastrointestinal Diseases, Department of Surgery, Ersta Hospital, 116 91, Stockholm, Sweden
Surg Endosc 23:304-12. 2009Although intraoperative cholangiography (IOC) is a widely used method for detecting common bile duct stones (CBDS), its accuracy has not been fully evaluated in large nonselected patient samples...
- [Obstructive jaundice due to compression of the common bile duct by right hepatic artery originated from gastroduodenal artery]Yang Hyun Baek
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 52:394-8. 2008..Herein, we describe a case of a proximal choledocholithiasis due to compression of the common bile duct by right hepatic artery originated from gastroduodenal artery...
- Reduction of hepatocellular injury after common bile duct ligation using omega-3 fatty acidsSang Lee
Department of Surgery, The Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Surg 43:2010-5. 2008..Omega-3 fatty acids are antiinflammatory. We proposed that omega-3 fatty acid supplementation would reduce hepatocellular damage and cell death in a model of murine common bile duct ligation.
- Prevention of common bile duct injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomyZhi Bing Ou
Chongqing Key Laboratory of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400010, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:414-7. 2009Since the widespread adoption of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) in the late 1980s, a rise in common bile duct (CBD) injury has been reported...
- Endoscopic stenting for common bile duct stenoses in chronic pancreatitis: results and impact on long-term outcomeA Eickhoff
Medical Department C, Klinikum Ludwigshafen gGmbH, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:1161-7. 2001The overall incidence of common bile duct strictures due to chronic pancreatitis is reported to be approximately 10-30%. It remains a challenging problem for gastroenterologists and surgeons...
- beta-cell neogenesis induced by adenovirus-mediated gene delivery of transcription factor pdx-1 into mouse pancreasH Taniguchi
Division of Stem Cell Regulation Research, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Gene Ther 10:15-23. 2003..we performed safe and efficient gene delivery of the pdx-1 gene into the mouse pancreas through the common bile duct using adenoviral vectors, and examined the effects of the ectopic expression of pdx-1...
- A prospective single-blinded controlled study comparing laparoscopic ultrasound of the common bile duct with operative cholangiographyS E Tranter
Department of Surgery, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, Great Britain
Surg Endosc 17:216-9. 2003..Studies so for have not been blinded, nor has the stone content been validated immediately. We have, therefore, carried out a blinded comparison of laparoscopic ultrasound with fluoroscopic operative cholangiography...
- Pancreatic-duct stent placement facilitates difficult common bile duct cannulationEric Goldberg
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:592-6. 2005Cannulation of the common bile duct can be difficult in certain instances. Difficult cannulation has been demonstrated to be a risk factor for post-ERCP pancreatitis...
- Cell cycle perturbation in the hepatocytes of HCV core transgenic mice following common bile duct ligation is associated with enhanced p21 expressionMing Ling Chang
Liver Research Unit, Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Med Virol 81:467-72. 2009..and single-transgenic mice carrying only tTA were subjected to sham laparotomy, 43% partial hepatectomy, or common bile duct ligation...
- Sinistroposition of the gallbladder and common bile ductBai Yong Shen
Department of Surgery, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 4:313-5. 2005..Despite its rare incidence, few cases of left-side gallbladder have been already published...
- EUS diagnosis of ectopic opening of the common bile duct in the duodenal bulb: a case reportMiodrag Krstic
Clinical Center of Serbia, Clinic for Gastroenterology, 2 Koste Todorovica, Belgrade 11000, Serbia and Montenegro
World J Gastroenterol 11:5068-71. 2005Among the various congenital anomalies of the biliary system, an ectopic opening of the common bile duct (CBD) in the duodenal bulb is extremely rare. ERCP is essential for diagnosing the anomaly...
- Metastatic melanoma to the common bile duct causing obstructive jaundice: a case reportRadoje B Colovic
Institute for Digestive Diseases, First Surgical Clinic, Clinical Center of Serbia, Koste Todorovica 6, Belgrade 11000, Serbia
World J Gastroenterol 13:813-5. 2007Metastatic melanoma to the common bile duct is very rare with only 18 cases reported so far. We report a 46 year old women who, 18 mo after excision of a skin melanoma, developed a painless progressive obstructive jaundice...
- Implication of adhesion molecules in inflammation of the common bile duct in patients with secondary cholangitis due to biliary obstructionMaya Gulubova
Department of General and Clinical Pathology, Medical Faculty, Trakia University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Hepatogastroenterology 55:836-41. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the participation of the adhesion molecules and their ligands in the inflammatory process in secondary cholangitis...
- Double common bile duct: a case report and a review of the Japanese literatureKazuki Yamashita
Department of Surgery, Division of Gastroenterology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki City, Japan
Surgery 131:676-81. 2002A double common bile duct (DCBD) is a rare congenital anomaly...
- Spontaneous rupture of a biliary diverticulum in the distal common bile duct, with formation of a retroperitoneal bilomaKen Takahashi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kobe City General Hospital, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 61:783-7. 2005
- Contribution of intraoperative cholangiography to incidence and outcome of common bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomyK Ludwig
Department of Surgery, Klinikum Suedstadt Rostock, Suedring 81, D 18059 Rostock, Germany
Surg Endosc 16:1098-104. 2002..study we examined, in a meta-analysis of the literature, the contribution of intraoperative cholangiography (IOC) to incidence, type, and time of diagnosis of common bile duct (CBD) injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC).
- Low incidence of retained common bile duct stones using a selective policy of biliary imagingN Nugent
Department of Surgery, Wexford General Hospital, Wexford, Ireland
Surgeon 3:352-6. 2005Biliary imaging has decreased since the advent of laparoscopic cholecystectomy. This study aimed to examine the incidence of retained common bile duct (CBD) stones, using a selective policy of biliary imaging.
- Spontaneous perforation of the common bile duct mimicking choledochal cystZvi Steiner
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:655-6. 2006
- Covered metal versus plastic stents for malignant common bile duct stenosis: a prospective, randomized, controlled trialClaes Soderlund
Karolinska Institutet, Upper GI Surgery, Department of Surgery, South Hospital, SE 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Gastrointest Endosc 63:986-95. 2006Most patients with malignant common bile duct strictures are suited only for palliation of jaundice by placement of a polyethylene (PE) stent using an endoscopic retrograde cholangiographic technique...
- Laparoscopic exploration of the common bile duct: 10-year experience of 174 patients from a single centreC N Tang
Department of Surgery, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 12:191-6. 2006To evaluate the role of laparoscopic exploration of the common bile duct in the management of common bile duct stones.
- Why does laparoscopic common bile duct exploration fail?Evangelos Karvounis
Upper GI and Laparoscopic Unit, Ealing Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int Surg 91:90-3. 2006Laparoscopic common bile duct exploration (LCBDE) for choledocholithiasis carries an overall ductal clearance rate of between 85% and 95%. We present our single institute experience with LCBDE...
- Management of common bile duct stonesEric S Hungness
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:612-9. 2006
- Laparoscopic common bile duct exploration: the past, the present, and the futureM A Memon
Department of Surgery, Queens Medical Center, Nottingham, England, UK
Am J Surg 179:309-15. 2000..growth and experience in laparoscopic skills, many surgeons are now routinely performing laparoscopic common bile duct exploration (LCBDE) and questioning the wisdom of preoperative endoscopic retrograde cholangiography (ERC) ..
- Malignant melanoma metastatic to the common bile ductG Garas
Department of Gastroenterology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital Perth, Western Australia, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1348-51. 2000..The first case was caused by an intraluminal metastatic melanoma to the common bile duct, while the second case was caused by extraluminal involvement...
- A case of biliary atresia with duplication of the common bile ductA Yamataka
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 36:506-7. 2001The authors report a case of biliary atresia (BA) with duplication of the common bile duct. A 1-month-old girl was referred for investigation of persistent jaundice. BA was suspected and confirmed with intraoperative cholangiography...
- MR cholangiopancreatography of double common bile duct with ectopic drainage into stomachYasuo Amano
Department of Radiology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 26:141-2. 2002
- Bile canalicular barrier function and expression of tight-junctional molecules in rat hepatocytes during common bile duct ligationYasunari Takakuwa
Department of Pathology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S1 W17, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 307:181-9. 2002..We focused on early stages of common bile duct ligation to observe changes in tight junctions without the irreversible changes seen after lengthy ligation...
- Laparoscopic common bile duct exploration after failed endoscopic stone extractionConstantine Karaliotas
2nd Surgical Department of Korgialenion Benakion, Red Cross Hospital, 11 Mantzarou str, Neo Psychiko, 15451, Athens, Greece
Surg Endosc 22:1826-31. 2008Our objective was to present the technical aspects and results of laparoscopic common bile duct (CBD) exploration following failed endoscopic stone extraction.
- Technical aspects in the laparoscopic management of complicated common bile duct stonesChung Ngai Tang
Department of Surgery, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital, 3, Lok Man Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:444-50. 2005The management of common bile duct (CBD) stones traditionally required open laparotomy and bile duct exploration...
- Low conjunction of the cystic duct with the common bile duct: does it correlate with the formation of common bile duct stones?I Tsitouridis
Radiology Department, Papageorgiou General Hospital, West Perifereiaki Street, N Efkarpia, Thessaloniki, Greece
Surg Endosc 21:48-52. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate the accuracy of magnetic resonance cholangiography (MRC) in detecting variants of low cystic duct conjunction, which can be a source of confusion during surgery when unrecognized...
- Effects of norepinephrine and acetylcholine on portal-systemic collaterals of common bile duct-ligated cirrhotic ratChe Chang Chan
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:1867-72. 2005..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of Nepi and Ach on portal-systemic collaterals of common bile duct-ligated (BDL) cirrhotic rats.
- Primary closure of the common bile duct in open laparotomy for common bile duct stonesMasato Yamazaki
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine Ichihara Hospital, 3426 3 Anesaki, Ichihara, Chiba, 299 0111, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 13:398-402. 2006It is common these days to treat common bile duct (CBD) stones using endoscopic techniques. However, severe complications sometimes lead to death despite the great benefit of these techniques...
- Honey prevents hepatic damage induced by obstruction of the common bile ductB Imge Erguder
Department of Biochemistry, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara 06100, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 14:3729-32. 2008To examine the possible effects of honey supplementation on hepatic damage due to obstruction of the common bile duct in an experimental rat model.
- Spontaneous common bile duct perforation in adult: a case report and reviewSameer A Rege
Department of General Surgery, Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Int Surg 87:81-2. 2002b>Common bile duct perforation has been reported in adults after invasive procedures. Spontaneous common bile duct perforation is a rare entity as a cause of acute abdomen in adults...
- Endoluminal reconstruction of the canine common biliary ductJohn G Zografakis
Department of Surgery, Summa Health System, Akron, Ohio 44304, USA
Curr Surg 60:437-41. 2003..opportunity to evaluate a novel polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) covered stent graft that could be useful in common bile duct reconstructions...
- Three-dimensional virtual cholangioscopy: a reliable tool for the diagnosis of common bile duct stonesMichele Simone
IRCAD European Institute of Telesurgery, Universite Louis Pasteur, 1 Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg 240:82-8. 2004....
- Hepatic subcapsular biloma: a rare complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and common bile duct explorationBrian M Braithwaite
Keesler Medical Center, Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi 39534, USA
Curr Surg 60:196-8. 2003Description of an unusual complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and common bile duct exploration.
- Treatment of common bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: endoscopic and surgical managementA Csendes
Department of Surgery, Clinical Hospital University of Chile and St Mary s Clinic, Santiago
World J Surg 25:1346-51. 2001..3. A prospective endoscopic study of 94 patients with injuries and strictures of the common bile duct (CBD) after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. A special classification for bile duct injuries was developed...
- EVALUATION OF MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERYStanley Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Randomized controlled clinical trial of laparoscopic cholecystectomy with laparoscopic common bile duct exploration versus endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography with sphincterotomy followed by ..
- The Role of Leptin in Liver FibrogenesisFrank A Anania; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The Role of Genetics in Innate Immunity Following CholestasisSamuel M Alaish; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have observed differences in the systemic inflammatory responses and outcome following common bile duct ligation (CBDL) between two inbred mouse strains, C57BL6/cJ (B6) and A/J, suggesting a genetic contribution...
- MEDIATORS OF PULMONARY VASODILATATION IN LIVER DISEASEMichael B Fallon; Fiscal Year: 2013..Experimental biliary cirrhosis induced by common bile duct ligation (CBDL) reproduces the pulmonary vascular and gas exchange abnormalities of human HPS...
- Alcoholic Liver Diseases: Damage, Repair and Stem Cell RegenerationZhaoli Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Comparisons will be made between animals with alcohol liver disease and those with ligation of the common bile duct. The temporal appearance of stem cell abnormalities after these two types of liver insults, and the magnitude ..
- Intrabiliary MR/RF-enhanced chemotherapy of malignant biliary obstructionsXiaoming Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..we aim to overcome these problems with currently available medical and surgical treatments of malignant common bile duct (CBD) obstructions...
- ROLE OF NOTCH4 IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF LUNG ARTERIOVENOUS MALFORMATIONSDouglas N Miniati; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Common bile duct ligation induces lung AVMs in rats and impairs lung function in mice...
- BILIARY ATRESIA IN THE INV MOUSEDavid Perlmutter; Fiscal Year: 2000Extrahepatic biliary atresia (BA) is a devastating disease of the neonate in which the hepatic and/or common bile duct is obliterated or interrupted...
- Role of Nrf2 during cholestsis and gallstone formationANGELA SLITT; Fiscal Year: 2009..Gallstones can cause extrahepatic cholestasis by occluding the common bile duct. In bile, bile acids and phospholipids are important for the solubilization of cholesterol...
- SPHINCTER OF ODDI FUNCTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASEWalter Hogan; Fiscal Year: 1990..From experimental data mathematical modeling will be done to account for pressure-flow dynamics within the common bile duct, SO segment, and gallbladder...
- Gene delivery to bile duct epithelial cells in miceVladimir Subbotin; Fiscal Year: 2001..A mouse model of peribiliary fibrosis/cirrhosis induced by common bile duct ligation has been developed and will be ideal for these studies...
- NEURAL CONTROL OF RENAL FUNCTIONGERALD DIBONA; Fiscal Year: 2000..renal sympathetic nerve activity (ERSNA) observed in rat models of congestive heart (CHF), cirrhosis due to common bile duct ligation (CBDL) and nephrotic syndrome (NS) by affecting specific central nervous system (CNS) regions ..
- NTPDase2 expression and function in the liverJONATHAN DRANOFF; Fiscal Year: 2005..restores proliferation of bile duct epithelia (3) Determine whether blockade of NTPDase2 expression in PF via common bile duct ligation restores proliferation of bile duct epithelia...
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING CENTER FOR POLYMER IMPLANTSDonald Lyman; Fiscal Year: 1980..Development of Small Diameter Vascular Prostheses, Development of Polymeric Nerve Prostheses, Repair of the Common Bile Duct, and Culture of Cells onto Polymer Surfaces...
- Molecular response of bile duct cell to bile duct injuryAi Xuan Holterman; Fiscal Year: 2005..and the role of the early BDE proliferation in the pathogenesis of liver fibrosis using the animal model of common bile duct division. HNF-6 regulates important liver specific gene expression for hepatocyte function...
- Bariatric Surgery Outcome/Cost in Medicare BeneficiariesDavid Flum; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Perform a modeled cost effectiveness analysis of bariatric procedures compared to non-surgical approaches. ..
- Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program Comparative Effectiveness ResearchDavid R Flum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Surgical and interventional services span the continuum of healthcare conditions and SCOAP CERTN will have immediate capacity for investigators interested in almost any of AHRQ's priority conditions. ..
- CENTER FOR MEMBRANE TOXICITY STUDIESJames Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF BILE SECRETION AND CHOLESTASISJames Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..The effects of gender and estrogens on the role of these tethering proteins will also be compared in cyclic AMP mediated secretion in cholangiocytes. ..
- Regulation of Vascular Tone During CirrhosisETHAN CARTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ligation of the common bile duct in rats is a recently developed animal model that has proven useful for investigating the pathogenesis of ..
- Comparative Toxicogenomics DatabaseJames Boyer; Fiscal Year: 2004..This project supports the rapid advances in DNA sequencing output by linking sequence data to other important biological and laboratory information and promoting collaboration among MFBS Centers and other participating scientists. ..
- Regulation of Pulmonary Vascular Tone During CirrhosisCHRYSTELLE GARAT CARTER; Fiscal Year: 2004..This project will not only define the cellular basis for hepatopulmonary syndrome, but will also contribute to our understanding of how pulmonary vascular tone is controlled at the most basic level. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SECRETIN RECEPTOR REGULATIONMichael Shetzline; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the events regulating this unique subclass of GPCRs may define new principles of GPCR signal modulation. In addition, this information should have significant implications for clinical gastroenterology. ..
- Ischemic Stroke Treatment with Microbubbles, a Novel Clot Lysis TherapeuticWilliam C Culp; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposed pilot study will determine which of these treatments is most successful, and future studies will further explore that treatment. (End of Abstract) ..
- NOVEL SECRETIN RECEPTOR INTERACTING PROTEINSMichael Shetzline; Fiscal Year: 2002..This information may have significant implications for clinical gastroenterology and GI hormone function. ..
- MR-Guided Delivery and Monitoring of Magnetocapsules Immunoprotecting Islet CellsJEFF BULTE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Developing a CEST Reporter Gene (RMI)JEFF BULTE; Fiscal Year: 2008..To achieve this goal, our aim is to synthesize novel, more efficient CEST reporter genes, and to detect double-labeled LRP/ARP transfected glioma cells and neural stem cells individually in live animals. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORAL CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE VS ORAL PLACEBO IN SSC ALVEOLITISDean Schraufnagel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Progesterone in Colonic Muscle DysfunctionJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- INGUINAL HERNIA MGMENT: WATCHFUL WAITING VS. OPERATIONRobert Fitzgibbons; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NaCI Balance and Targeted Insulin Receptor Knockout MiceCarolyn Ecelbarger; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, we believe these models will provide fresh molecular insight into a physiological phenomenon that has been known for decades, insulin induced hypertension, with clear clinical ramifications. ..
- MYOGENIC DISORDERS OF THE GALLBLADDERJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 2004..cells from human GB's with gallstones with or without AC and from experimental AC induced by ligation of the common bile duct in animals with normal and lithogenic bile...
- The Role of GDF-15 in Organ InjuryLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of this mentored research training will further the candidate?s goal of applying bench-derived scientific discovery to the treatment of surgical disease as an independent investigator. ..
- ASN Workshop "In Vivo MR Tracking of Stem Cells in the CNS" (R13)JEFF BULTE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The outcome of the workshop will be published in Experimental Neurology and available for the scientific community at large. ..
- Role of CCK Receptor in Acute Pancreatitis PathogenesisIsaac Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2007..James W. Maher, MD, Director, Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City.  PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 05/01) Page__ 26 Continuation Format Page  ..
- MR-Guided Delivery and Monitoring of Magnetocapsules Immunoprotecting Islet CellsJEFF BULTE; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Increasing Functional Liver Mass in Health and DiseaseLeonidas Koniaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Determine the extent to which and mechanisms by which co-administrating HCF and Follistatin along with IL-6 facilitates the liver growth response and reduces IL-6 associated toxicity. ..
- Molecular and Functional Analysis of CASK in EpitheliaZenta Walther; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate these studies will shed considerable light on the molecular interactions of CASK, its role in growth factor complex assembly and/or signal transduction, and its potential involvement in tumorigenesis. ..
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTESEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine the mechanism of IEL chemotaxis toward secreted products of ECs, why IL-15 is more potent than IL-2 in inducing LAK activity by IELs, and how IL-10 and IL-12 augment this activity. ..