Genomes and Genes
Summary: Precursor cells destined to differentiate into skeletal myocytes (MYOCYTES, SKELETAL).
Publications200 found, 100 shown here
- ERK2 is required for efficient terminal differentiation of skeletal myoblastsJu Li
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, 32611, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:1425-33. 2006Terminal differentiation of skeletal myoblasts involves alignment of the mononucleated cells, fusion into multinucleated syncitia, and transcription of muscle-specific genes...
- Mirk/Dyrk1B mediates survival during the differentiation of C2C12 myoblastsStephen E Mercer
Department of Pathology, Upstate Medical University, State University of New York, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Biol Chem 280:25788-801. 2005..Endogenous p21 localized exclusively to the nuclei of proliferating myoblasts but was also found in the cytoplasm of post-mitotic multinucleated myotubes and adult human skeletal myofibers...
- ERK1/2 and p38-MAPK signalling pathways, through MSK1, are involved in NF-kappaB transactivation during oxidative stress in skeletal myoblastsEirini Kefaloyianni
Department of Animal and Human Physiology, School of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Athens, Panepistimioupolis, Athens 157 84, Greece
Cell Signal 18:2238-51. 2006..In this study, we examined whether MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways participate in the response of skeletal myoblasts to oxidative stress, and whether there is a cross talk between these pathways...
- Cardiotrophin-1 maintains the undifferentiated state in skeletal myoblastsTetsuaki Miyake
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:19679-93. 2009..The expression pattern of CT-1 in embryonic and post-natal skeletal muscle and in vivo effects of CT-1 on myogenesis implicate CT-1 in the maintenance of the undifferentiated state in muscle progenitor cells...
- Role of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) in the differentiation of primary human adult skeletal myoblastsEmily J Foulstone
Division of Surgery, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, England
J Cell Physiol 195:70-9. 2003..Furthermore reduction of IGFBP-3 secretion using antisense oligonucleotides led to an inhibition of differentiation. Taken together these data indicate that IGFBP-3 supports myoblast differentiation...
- Modulation of the microenvironment by growth factors regulates the in vivo growth of skeletal myoblastsAkihiro Yanagiuchi
Division of Urology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
BJU Int 103:1569-73. 2009..To investigate the optimal microenvironment for efficient myoblast transplantation in vivo...
- Systemic delivery of human microdystrophin to regenerating mouse dystrophic muscle by muscle progenitor cellsEstanislao Bachrach
Genetics Division, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Children s Hospital and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3581-6. 2004..Because this approach shows definitive engraftment by using autologous transplantation of noninjured recipients, our data may have substantial implications for therapy of muscular dystrophy...
- Skeletal myoblasts as a therapeutic agentPhilippe Menasche
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Paris Descartes, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U 633, Paris, F 75015, France
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 50:7-17. 2007..Primarily for practical reasons, autologous skeletal myoblasts have been the first to be considered for a clinical use...
- Pharmacologically preconditioned skeletal myoblasts are resistant to oxidative stress and promote angiomyogenesis via release of paracrine factors in the infarcted heartMuhammad Idris Niagara
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Circ Res 100:545-55. 2007..Transplantation of PC SkMs for heart cell therapy is an innovative approach in the clinical perspective...
- Cell-based therapy for heart failure: skeletal myoblastsMonika Seidel
Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, 60 479 Poznan, Poland
Cell Transplant 18:695-707. 2009..Precise understanding of the mechanism by which cells improve cardiac function is essential in giving the sensible direction of further research...
- Neoangiogenesis after combined transplantation of skeletal myoblasts and angiopoietic progenitors leads to increased cell engraftment and lower apoptosis rates in ischemic heart failureNikolaos Bonaros
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:249-55. 2008We previously reported that combined transplantation of skeletal myoblasts and AC-133+ cells leads to improved left ventricular function, reduced infarct size and myocardial apoptosis in a model of chronic ischemia...
- Transplantation of skeletal myoblasts secreting an IL-1 inhibitor modulates adverse remodeling in infarcted murine myocardiumBari Murtuza
Cell and Gene Therapy Group, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, London UB9 6JH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4216-21. 2004....
- Skeletal myoblasts transplanted in the ischemic myocardium enhance in situ oxygenation and recovery of contractile functionMahmood Khan
Center for Biomedical Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy and Imaging, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2129-39. 2007..To our knowledge, this the first report detailing changes in in situ oxygenation in cell therapy. The increased myocardial Po(2) positively correlated with neoangiogenesis and cardiac function...
- In vitro and in vivo osteoblastic differentiation of BMP-2- and Runx2-engineered skeletal myoblastsCharles A Gersbach
Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
J Cell Biochem 100:1324-36. 2007..strategies, we quantitatively evaluated osteoblastic differentiation and mineralization of primary skeletal myoblasts overexpressing either the BMP-2 growth factor or Runx2 transcription factor...
- Combined autologous cellular cardiomyoplasty with skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow cells in canine hearts for ischemic cardiomyopathyImran A Memon
Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Surgery E1, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Osaka, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:646-53. 2005Cellular cardiomyoplasty with isolated skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow mononuclear cells is an encouraging therapeutic strategy for heart failure...
- In vitro functional assessment of human skeletal myoblasts after transduction with adenoviral bicistronic vector carrying human VEGF165 and angiopoietin-1Lei Ye
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:1393-402. 2005We report in vitro functional assessment of human skeletal myoblasts with adenoviral bicistronic vector carrying human vascular endothelial growth factor-165 (hVEGF165) and angiopoietin-1 (Ang-1).
- Skeletal myoblasts overexpressing relaxin improve differentiation and communication of primary murine cardiomyocyte cell culturesLucia Formigli
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, University of Florence, viale G Morgagni 85, I 50134, Florence, Italy
J Mol Cell Cardiol 47:335-45. 2009..studied whether differentiation of mouse neonatal immature cardiomyocytes in vitro was influenced by mouse skeletal myoblasts C2C12, wild type or engineered to secrete the cardiotropic hormone relaxin...
- Ran binding protein 9 interacts with Raf kinase but does not contribute to downstream ERK1/2 activation in skeletal myoblastsSally E Johnson
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:409-16. 2006..Knockdown of RanBP9 expression did not restore the differentiation program to Raf-expressing myoblasts. Thus, RanBP9 physically associates with Raf but does not substantially contribute to the inhibitory actions of the kinase...
- AAV-2-mediated expression of IGF-1 in skeletal myoblasts stimulates angiogenesis and cell survivalIndira V Subramanian
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Cardiovasc Transl Res 2:81-92. 2009The transplantation of skeletal myoblasts is being tested in various organ systems to facilitate tissue repair and regeneration...
- Transplantation of nanoparticle transfected skeletal myoblasts overexpressing vascular endothelial growth factor-165 for cardiac repairLei Ye
National University Medical Institutes, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Circulation 116:I113-20. 2007We investigated the feasibility and efficacy of polyethylenimine (PEI) based human vascular endothelial growth factor-165 (hVEGF165) gene transfer into human skeletal myoblasts (HSM) for cell based delivery to the infarcted myocardium.
- AlphaB-crystallin is involved in oxidative stress protection determined by VEGF in skeletal myoblastsNeri Mercatelli
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 49:374-82. 2010....
- PLD regulates myoblast differentiation through the mTOR-IGF2 pathwayMee Sup Yoon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 601 S Goodwin Avenue B107, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Cell Sci 121:282-9. 2008A mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway is essential for the differentiation of cultured skeletal myoblasts in response to growth factor withdrawal...
- Myoblasts transplanted into rat infarcted myocardium are functionally isolated from their hostBertrand Leobon
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, EPI 0002, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique FRE2500, Ecole Superieure de Physique et Chimie Industrielles de la Ville de Paris, 75231 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7808-11. 2003..The approach was further supported by transplantation of skeletal myoblasts, which was shown to improve cardiac performance in several animal species...
- Forming a multinucleated cell: molecules that regulate myoblast fusionValerie Horsley
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 176:67-78. 2004..This review will focus on the known molecules that regulate myoblast fusion with an emphasis on a novel signaling pathway involving the calcium-regulated transcription factor NFATC2 in the regulation of myoblast fusion...
- Autologous skeletal myoblasts transplanted to ischemia-damaged myocardium in humans. Histological analysis of cell survival and differentiationFrancis D Pagani
Section of Cardiac Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:879-88. 2003We report histological analysis of hearts from patients with end-stage heart disease who were transplanted with autologous skeletal myoblasts concurrent with left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implantation.
- Deacetylase inhibitors increase muscle cell size by promoting myoblast recruitment and fusion through induction of follistatinSimona Iezzi
Muscle Gene Expression Group, Laboratory of Muscle Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Cell 6:673-84. 2004....
- Fgfr4 is required for effective muscle regeneration in vivo. Delineation of a MyoD-Tead2-Fgfr4 transcriptional pathwayPo Zhao
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Biol Chem 281:429-38. 2006..This activation was greatly reduced when the two E-boxes were mutated. Our data suggest a novel MyoD-Tead2-Fgfr4 pathway important for effective muscle regeneration...
- Transplanted skeletal myoblasts can fully replace the infarcted myocardium when they survive in the host in large numbersKeiichi Tambara
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Circulation 108:II259-63. 2003It is not clear how many skeletal myoblasts (SM) can survive and exert beneficial effects in the host myocardial infarction (MI) area...
- Autologous skeletal myoblast transplantation for severe postinfarction left ventricular dysfunctionPhilippe Menasche
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery B, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1078-83. 2003..This phase I trial was designed to assess the feasibility and safety of autologous skeletal myoblast transplantation in patients with severe ischemic cardiomyopathy...
- Hedgehog can drive terminal differentiation of amniote slow skeletal muscleXiaopeng Li
King s College London, UK
BMC Dev Biol 4:9. 2004..However, the extent to which non-myogenic cells, myoblasts or differentiating myocytes are direct or indirect targets of Hh signalling is not known...
- FRG2, an FSHD candidate gene, is transcriptionally upregulated in differentiating primary myoblast cultures of FSHD patientsT Rijkers
Department of Human Genetics, Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 72, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 41:826-36. 2004..This chromosomal rearrangement may result in regional chromatin relaxation and transcriptional deregulation of genes nearby...
- Engineering skeletal myoblasts: roles of three-dimensional culture and electrical stimulationDawn M Pedrotty
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Rm 136 Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H1620-6. 2005..Furthermore, from these experiments, conditioned medium did not appear to alter the differentiation state of skeletal myoblasts. Hence, cardiac milieu appears to stimulate proliferation but does not affect differentiation of skeletal ..
- Characterization of the paracrine effects of human skeletal myoblasts transplanted in infarcted myocardiumMaitane Perez-Ilzarbe
Hematology, Cardiology and Cell Therapy, Clínica Universitaria and Division of Cancer, Foundation for Applied Medical Research, Division of Cancer, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Heart Fail 10:1065-72. 2008The discrepancy between the functional improvements yielded experimentally by skeletal myoblasts (SM) transplanted in infarcted myocardium and the paucity of their long-term engraftment has raised the hypothesis of cell-mediated paracrine ..
- Stem cell antigen-1 localizes to lipid microdomains and associates with insulin degrading enzyme in skeletal myoblastsConrad L Epting
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Cell Physiol 217:250-60. 2008..Future efforts to manipulate this pathway may lead to new strategies for augmenting the myogenic proliferative response, and ultimately muscle repair...
- One-year follow-up of feasibility and safety of the first U.S., randomized, controlled study using 3-dimensional guided catheter-based delivery of autologous skeletal myoblasts for ischemic cardiomyopathy (CAuSMIC study)Nabil Dib
Clinical Cardiovascular Cell Therapy, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92037 1300, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2:9-16. 2009..The aim of this study was to test safety and feasibility of myoblast transplantation with the Biosense-NOGA (Diamond Bar, California) 3-dimensional-guided endomyocardial delivery system...
- Beneficial synergistic interactions of TNF-alpha and IL-6 in C2 skeletal myoblasts--potential cross-talk with IGF systemNasser Al-Shanti
Institute for Biomedical Research into Human Movement and Health, Manchester Metropolitan University, Cheshire, England, UK
Growth Factors 26:61-73. 2008..Our data suggest that in the presence of TNF-alpha/IL-6 functions positively and potentially also cooperatively with the IGF system to achieve the maximal beneficial effect on skeletal myoblast numbers...
- Four-year follow-up of treatment with intramyocardial skeletal myoblasts injection in patients with ischaemic cardiomyopathyCaroline E Veltman
Department of Cardiology, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Thoraxcentre, Room Ba 587, Erasmus MC, Gravendijkwal 230, PO Box 2040, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 29:1386-96. 2008..Secondary endpoints included mortality, NYHA class, N-terminal pro-B-natriuretic peptide levels, incidence of arrhythmias, and quality of life...
- Myoblast survival enhancement and transplantation success improvement by heat-shock treatment in mdx miceManaf Bouchentouf
Human Genetics, CHUQ CHUL, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Transplantation 77:1349-56. 2004..Our goal was thus to investigate whether the expression of HSPs (HSP70 in particular) could protect myoblasts from death after intramuscular injection...
- Combined autologous cellular cardiomyoplasty using skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow cells for human ischemic cardiomyopathy with left ventricular assist system implantation: report of a caseShigeru Miyagawa
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Surg Today 39:133-6. 2009..We recently introduced combined autologous cellular cardiomyoplasty with skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow cells as a treatment for human ischemic cardiomyopathy...
- Autologous skeletal myoblasts for myocardial regenerationTomasz Siminiak
Department of Cardiology, University School of Medical Sciences, District Hospital, Poznan, Poland
J Interv Cardiol 17:357-65. 2004We overview the current knowledge about the use of skeletal myoblasts in regeneration of infarcted myocardium...
- Muscle-specific microRNA miR-206 promotes muscle differentiationHak Kyun Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 174:677-87. 2006..In addition, inhibitors of myogenic transcription factors, Id1-3 and MyoR, are decreased upon miR-206 introduction, suggesting the presence of additional mechanisms by which microRNAs enforce the differentiation program...
- Comparison of human skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow-derived CD133+ progenitors for the repair of infarcted myocardiumOnnik Agbulut
INSERM U572, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:458-63. 2004The present study was designed as a face-to-face functional comparison of human skeletal myoblasts (SMs) and CD133(+) bone marrow-derived hematopoietic progenitors in an animal model of semichronic myocardial infarction.
- Combined transplantation of skeletal myoblasts and mesenchymal cells (cocultivation) in ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarctionLuiz Cesar Guarita Souza
Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 83:294-9; 288-93. 2004Cell therapy in the myocardium has been mainly performed with satisfactory results using 2 cell types: skeletal myoblasts (myogenic) and mesenchymal cells (angiogenic)...
- Polyurethane scaffolds seeded with genetically engineered skeletal myoblasts: a promising tool to regenerate myocardial functionBritta Blumenthal
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Medical Center Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Artif Organs 34:E46-54. 2010In animal models, intramyocardial injection of primary skeletal myoblasts is supposed to promote tissue regeneration and to improve cardiac function after myocardial infarction...
- Transforming growth factor beta1 is up-regulated by activated Raf in skeletal myoblasts but does not contribute to the differentiation-defective phenotypeXu Wang
Department of Poultry Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Biol Chem 279:2528-34. 2004..Our results provide evidence for the involvement of Raf signal transmission during myocyte formation as well as during inhibition of myogenesis...
- Skeletal myoblasts and cardiac repairPhilippe Menasche
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U 633, Laboratory of Biosurgical Research, Paris, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 45:545-53. 2008..of their appealing characteristics (autologous origin, in vitro scalability, high resistance to ischemia), skeletal myoblasts have undergone extensive preclinical testing that has consistently demonstrated their ability to preserve ..
- Myogenic specification of side population cells in skeletal muscleAtsushi Asakura
Molecular Medicine Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, K1H 8L6 Canada
J Cell Biol 159:123-34. 2002....
- Antisense oligonucleotides and short interfering RNAs silencing the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p21 improve proliferation of Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients' primary skeletal myoblastsStefanie Endesfelder
Department of Biotechnology, University of Applied Sciences, Seestrasse 64, 13347 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 83:64-71. 2005..Our findings of transient p21 gene silencing represent a basis for viral vector-mediated drug-inducible p21 shRNA expression in Dys(-) myoblasts which might enhance, prolong and regulate the proliferation effect...
- IGF-1 receptor mediates differentiation of primary cultures of mouse skeletal myoblastsC D Galvin
Zoology Department, University College Dublin, Belfield, Ireland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 200:19-29. 2003....
- MicroRNAs in skeletal and cardiac muscle developmentThomas E Callis
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
DNA Cell Biol 26:219-25. 2007..miRNAs therefore are a new class of regulators of muscle biology and they might become novel therapeutic targets in muscle-related human diseases...
- A malignant hyperthermia-inducing mutation in RYR1 (R163C): alterations in Ca2+ entry, release, and retrograde signaling to the DHPREric Esteve
Department of Anesthesiology Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Gen Physiol 135:619-28. 2010..These data suggest that conformational changes induced by the R163C MH mutation alter the retrograde signal that is sent from RYR1 to the DHPR, delaying the inactivation of the DHPR voltage sensor...
- Muscle satellite cell-specific genes identified by genetic profiling of MyoD-deficient myogenic cellPatrick Seale
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4K1
Dev Biol 275:287-300. 2004..Lastly, additional endothelial and hematopoietic markers were identified supporting a nonsomitic developmental origin of the satellite cell myogenic lineage...
- A malignant hyperthermia-inducing mutation in RYR1 (R163C): consequent alterations in the functional properties of DHPR channelsRoger A Bannister
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Gen Physiol 135:629-40. 2010..Our present results indicate that mutations in RYR1 can alter DHPR activity and raise the possibility that this altered DHPR function may contribute to MH episodes...
- Nonviral vector-based gene transfection of primary human skeletal myoblastsLei Ye
National University Medical Institutes, National University of Singapore, 10 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:1477-87. 2007..efficiency is one of the main obstacles in ex vivo nonviral vector-mediated gene transfer into primary human skeletal myoblasts (hSkMs)...
- Combined transplantation of skeletal myoblasts and angiopoietic progenitor cells reduces infarct size and apoptosis and improves cardiac function in chronic ischemic heart failureNikolaos Bonaros
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:1321-8. 2006Cellular cardiomyoplasty using skeletal myoblasts or angiopoietic progenitor cells offers a promising approach for the treatment of ischemic heart failure...
- A comparison between percutaneous and surgical transplantation of autologous skeletal myoblasts in a swine model of chronic myocardial infarctionJuan Jose Gavira
Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Navarra, Spain
Cardiovasc Res 71:744-53. 2006Our aim was to compare the efficacy of surgical versus percutaneous administration of skeletal myoblasts (SkM) in a swine model of chronic myocardial infarction and to determine the mechanism(s) involved in their beneficial effect.
- Percutaneous trans-coronary-venous transplantation of autologous skeletal myoblasts in the treatment of post-infarction myocardial contractility impairment: the POZNAN trialTomasz Siminiak
University School of Medical Sciences, Department of Cardiology, District Hospital, ul Juraszow 7 19, PL 60 479 Poznan, Poland
Eur Heart J 26:1188-95. 2005....
- Skeletal myoblasts preserve remote matrix architecture and global function when implanted early or late after coronary ligation into infarcted or remote myocardiumPatrick Farahmand
MaRS Centre, Toronto Medical Discovery Tower, Room 3 702, 101 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 118:S130-7. 2008The inability of skeletal myoblasts to transdifferentiate into cardiomyocytes suggests that their beneficial effects on cardiac function after a myocardial infarction are mediated by paracrine effects...
- Skeletal myoblasts for heart regeneration and repair: state of the art and perspectives on the mechanisms for functional cardiac benefitsL Formigli
Department Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, University of Florence, Viale G B Morgagni, 85, I 50134 Florence, Italy
Curr Pharm Des 16:915-28. 2010Until recently, skeletal myoblasts (SkMBs) have been the most widely used cells in basic research and clinical trials of cell based therapy for cardiac repair and regeneration...
- Cellular therapy with autologous skeletal myoblasts for ischemic heart disease and heart failureYao Liang Tang
Department of Pediatrics, All Children s Hospital, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, FL, USA
Methods Mol Med 112:193-204. 2005..b>Skeletal myoblasts (or satellite cells) are committed progenitor cells located under the basal lamina of adult skeletal muscle; ..
- Angiogenic pretreatment to enhance myocardial function after cellular cardiomyoplasty with skeletal myoblastsMauricio A Retuerto
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, Ill, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:478-484.e2. 2007..Angiogenic pretreatment of infarcted myocardium may improve implanted cell survival and consequently myocardial function...
- Cyclic force upregulates mechano-growth factor and elevates cell proliferation in 3D cultured skeletal myoblastsYu Li
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China Stomatology Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Arch Biochem Biophys 490:171-6. 2009..In this study, using a newly established system, we three-dimensionally (3D) cultured rat skeletal myoblasts and loaded them with cyclic uniaxial tensile strain of different magnitudes or time duration...
- Fibrin glue alone and skeletal myoblasts in a fibrin scaffold preserve cardiac function after myocardial infarctionKaren L Christman
University of California Berkeley and San Francisco Joint Bioengineering Graduate Group, San Francisco, California, USA
Tissue Eng 10:403-9. 2004..5% bovine serum albumin (BSA) in phosphate-buffered saline, fibrin glue alone, skeletal myoblasts alone, or skeletal myoblasts in fibrin glue were injected into the ischemic left ventricle...
- Catheter-based intramyocardial injection of autologous skeletal myoblasts as a primary treatment of ischemic heart failure: clinical experience with six-month follow-upPieter C Smits
Department of Cardiology, Thorax Center, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:2063-9. 2003We report on the procedural and six-month results of the first percutaneous and stand-alone study on myocardial repair with autologous skeletal myoblasts.
- Myocardial injection of skeletal myoblasts impairs contractility of host cardiomyocytesMarie Noelle Giraud
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Inselspital, Berne, Switzerland
Int J Cardiol 138:131-7. 2010..We hypothesised that cell therapy might affect the mechanical properties of isolated host cardiomyocytes...
- Treatment of heart failure with autologous skeletal myoblastsJuan C Chachques
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Pompidou and Broussais Hospitals, University of Paris, France
Herz 27:570-8. 2002..The recent progress in cellular and molecular biology allows the development of new therapies for heart failure...
- Cytoskeleton/stretch-activated ion channel interaction regulates myogenic differentiation of skeletal myoblastsLucia Formigli
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Forensic Medicine, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Cell Physiol 211:296-306. 2007....
- Runx2/Cbfa1-genetically engineered skeletal myoblasts mineralize collagen scaffolds in vitroCharles A Gersbach
Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology and Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 88:369-78. 2004..This study examined the in vitro mineralization potential of primary skeletal myoblasts genetically engineered to overexpress Runx2/Cbfa1, an osteoblastic transcriptional regulator essential to ..
- Muscle stem cells in development, regeneration, and diseaseXiaozhong Shi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Genes Dev 20:1692-708. 2006..Future studies that enhance our understanding of stem cell biology and repair mechanisms will provide a platform for therapeutic applications directed toward these chronic, life-threatening diseases...
- Gene transfer of connexin43 into skeletal muscleHans Reinecke
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Hum Gene Ther 15:627-36. 2004Cellular cardiomyoplasty using skeletal myoblasts may be beneficial for infarct repair...
- Controlled release of matrix metalloproteinase 1 with or without skeletal myoblasts transplantation improves cardiac function of rat hearts with chronic myocardial infarctionXue Lin
Department of Biomaterials, Field of Tissue Engineering, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Tissue Eng Part A 15:2699-706. 2009..improved cardiac functions of rats with chronic myocardiac infarction with or without transplantation of skeletal myoblasts. Improvement in cardiac function and small fibrotic area inside the infarcted area were observed compared ..
- Combined transplantation of skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow stem cells for myocardial repair in ratsH C Ott
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 25:627-34. 2004To prove whether intramyocardial transplantation of combined skeletal myoblasts (SM) and mononuclear bone marrow stem cells is superior to the isolated transplantation of these cell types after myocardial infarction in rats.
- Different autonomous myogenic cell populations revealed by ablation of Myf5-expressing cells during mouse embryogenesisNicole Gensch
Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Parkstr 1, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Development 135:1597-604. 2008..Individual myogenic cell lineages seem to substitute for each other within the developing embryo...
- Expression of mdr1 is required for efficient long term regeneration of dystrophic muscleDavid Israeli
Genethon, CNRS UMR 8115, Evry, France
Exp Cell Res 313:2438-50. 2007..Moreover, our results suggest a hitherto unappreciated role of mdr1 in precursor cells of regenerating tissue; they therefore provide an important clue to the physiological significance of mdr1 expression in stem cells...
- High dexamethasone concentration prevents stimulatory effects of TNF-alpha and LPS on IL-6 secretion from the precursors of human muscle regenerationOja Prelovsek
Laboratory for Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, University of Ljubljana, Zaloska 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R1651-6. 2006..This results in reduced IL-6-mediated myoblast proliferation, leading to the reduced final mass of the regenerated muscle...
- Transforming growth factor-beta-regulated miR-24 promotes skeletal muscle differentiationQiang Sun
State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Genetic Laboratory of Development and Diseases, Institute of Biotechnology, 20 Dongdajie, Beijing 100071, PR China
Nucleic Acids Res 36:2690-9. 2008....
- Muscle wasting and impaired muscle regeneration in a murine model of chronic pulmonary inflammationRamon C J Langen
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:689-96. 2006....
- [Electrophysiological properties of stem cells]Ursula Ravens
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Medizinische Fakultät der TU Dresden, Dresden
Herz 31:123-6. 2006..This pathomechanism could serve as an explanation for the enhanced clinical risk of arrhythmia after transplantation of myoblasts into the infarcted hearts...
- IKK/NF-kappaB regulates skeletal myogenesis via a signaling switch to inhibit differentiation and promote mitochondrial biogenesisNadine Bakkar
Human Cancer Genetics Program, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Cell Biol 180:787-802. 2008..Together, these data reveal a unique IKK/NF-kappaB signaling switch that functions to both inhibit differentiation and promote myotube homeostasis...
- The homeobox gene Arx is a novel positive regulator of embryonic myogenesisS Biressi
Stem Cell Research Institute, DIBIT, H San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 58, Milan, Italy
Cell Death Differ 15:94-104. 2008..We propose here that Arx acts as a novel positive regulator of embryonic myogenesis by synergizing with Mef2C and MyoD and by establishing an activating loop with Myogenin...
- A naturally occurring calcineurin variant inhibits FoxO activity and enhances skeletal muscle regenerationEnrique Lara-Pezzi
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Mouse Biology Unit, Campus Buzzatti Traverso, Monterotondo Scalo, 00016 Rome, Italy
J Cell Biol 179:1205-18. 2007..This unique mode of action distinguishes the CnAbeta1 isoform as a candidate for interventional strategies in muscle wasting treatment...
- Serum response factor MADS box serine-162 phosphorylation switches proliferation and myogenic gene programsDinakar Iyer
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4516-21. 2006..Hence, the phosphorylation status of serine-162 in the alphaI coil may constitute a novel switch that directs target gene expression into proliferation or differentiation programs...
- Extracellular guanosine-5'-triphosphate modulates myogenesis via intermediate Ca(2+)-activated K+ currents in C2C12 mouse cellsTiziana Pietrangelo
Dipartimento Scienze del Farmaco, Istituto Interuniversitario di Miologia, Ce S I Centro di Scienze dell Invecchiamento University G d Annunzio Foundation, Via dei Vestini, I 66013 Chieti, Italy
J Physiol 572:721-33. 2006..These data give new insights into nucleotide purinergic signalling pathways, and address the role of the GTP-dependent IK(Ca) channel activation and hyperpolarization in myogenesis...
- Mighty is a novel promyogenic factor in skeletal myogenesisAmy Marshall
Functional Muscle Genomics, AgResearch, Hamilton, New Zealand
Exp Cell Res 314:1013-29. 2008..Given its role in myogenesis, we propose that Mighty is a critical promyogenic factor which plays a key role in the signalling pathway downstream of Myostatin...
- Myogenic potential of adipose-tissue-derived cellsGiuliana Di Rocco
Laboratorio di Biologia Vascolare e Terapia Genica, Centro Cardiologico Fondazione Monzino, Via Parea 4, 20138 Milan, Italy
J Cell Sci 119:2945-52. 2006....
- Subnuclear localization and differentiation-dependent increased expression of DGK-zeta in C2C12 mouse myoblastsCamilla Evangelisti
Dipartimento di Scienze Anatomiche Umane e Fisiopatologia dell Apparato Locomotore, Sezione di Anatomia, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Cell Physiol 209:370-8. 2006..Overall, our findings further support the importance of speckles and nuclear matrix in lipid-dependent signaling and suggest that nuclear DGK-zeta might play some fundamental role during myogenic differentiation of C2C12 cells...
- CD44 regulates myoblast migration and differentiationEleni Mylona
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Cell Physiol 209:314-21. 2006..Taken together, these data suggest that myoblast migration and differentiation are closely linked and CD44 is a key regulator...
- Cellular heterogeneity during vertebrate skeletal muscle developmentStefano Biressi
Stem Cell Research Institute, DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 58 Via Olgettina, 20132 Milan, Italy
Dev Biol 308:281-93. 2007..Recent cell lineage and gene expression studies have expanded our knowledge on how skeletal muscle is formed and how its heterogeneity is generated. This review will present a comprehensive view of relevant findings in this field...
- A reducing redox environment promotes C2C12 myogenesis: implications for regeneration in aged muscleJason M Hansen
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Emory University, 1462 Clifton Road NE, Suite 420, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cell Biol Int 31:546-53. 2007..Thus, oxidative intracellular environments impair myoblast differentiation, while reducing environments favor myogenesis...
- Selective control of skeletal muscle differentiation by Akt1Elizabeth M Wilson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 282:5106-10. 2007..Our results define isoform-specific Akt-regulated signaling pathways in muscle cells that act through Akt1 to sustain muscle gene activation and promote differentiation...
- Premature myogenic differentiation and depletion of progenitor cells cause severe muscle hypotrophy in Delta1 mutantsKarin Schuster-Gossler
Institute for Molecular Biology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover, D 30625 Lower Saxony, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:537-42. 2007....
- Lin-28 binds IGF-2 mRNA and participates in skeletal myogenesis by increasing translation efficiencyAnna Polesskaya
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS FRE 2944, Institut Andre Lwoff, Villejuif F 94801, France
Genes Dev 21:1125-38. 2007..Interaction of Lin-28 with translation initiation complexes in skeletal myoblasts and in the embryonic carcinoma cell line P19 was confirmed by localization of Lin-28 to the stress granules, ..
- Osteopontin and skeletal muscle myoblasts: association with muscle regeneration and regulation of myoblast function in vitroKitipong Uaesoontrachoon
School of Veterinary Science, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2303-14. 2008....
- NF-kappaB-YY1-miR-29 regulatory circuitry in skeletal myogenesis and rhabdomyosarcomaHuating Wang
Department of Molecular Virology, Human Cancer Genetics Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Cell 14:369-81. 2008..Together, these results identify a NF-kappaB-YY1-miR-29 regulatory circuit whose disruption may contribute to RMS...
- Def-6, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rac1, interacts with the skeletal muscle integrin chain alpha7A and influences myoblast differentiationThomas Samson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 282:15730-42. 2007..Thus, our data suggest a role for Def-6 in the fine regulation of Rac1 during myogenesis with the integrin alpha7A chain guiding this regulation in a spatio-temporal manner...
- Sema4C participates in myogenic differentiation in vivo and in vitro through the p38 MAPK pathwayHaitao Wu
Department of Brain Protection and Plasticity Research, Beijing Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Taiping Road 27, Beijing 100850, PR China
Eur J Cell Biol 86:331-44. 2007..Taken together, these observations reveal novel functional potentialities of Sema4C which suggest that Sema4C promotes terminal myogenic differentiation in a p38 MAPK-dependent manner...
- Sequential expression and redundancy of Pitx2 and Pitx3 genes during muscle developmentAurore L'honoré
Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, 110, avenue des Pins Ouest, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1R7
Dev Biol 307:421-33. 2007..These experiments suggest that Pitx genes are important for myogenesis and that Pitx2 and Pitx3 may have partly redundant roles...
- MIR-206 regulates connexin43 expression during skeletal muscle developmentCurtis Anderson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miller School of Medicine, Gautier Building 303, 1011 NW 15 Street, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 34:5863-71. 2006..This work details the mechanism by which initial downregulation of Cx43 occurs during myogenesis and highlights the tight control mechanisms that are utilized for the regulation of gap junctions during differentiation and development...
- Association between the muscle-specific proteins desmin and caveolin-3 in muscle cellsClaudia S Mermelstein
Departamento de Histologia e Embriologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Cell Tissue Res 327:343-51. 2007..We have thus shown, for the first time, an association between the intermediate filament protein desmin and caveolin-3 in myogenic cells...
- BAG3 deficiency results in fulminant myopathy and early lethalitySachiko Homma
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA, USA
Am J Pathol 169:761-73. 2006..We conclude that although BAG3 is not required for muscle development, this co-chaperone appears to be critically important for maintenance of mature skeletal muscle...
- Multifunctional roles of MT1-MMP in myofiber formation and morphostatic maintenance of skeletal muscleYohei Ohtake
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, 108 8639, Japan
J Cell Sci 119:3822-32. 2006..Thus, MT1-MMP is a new multilateral regulator for muscle differentiation and maintenance through processing of stage-specific distinct ECM substrates...
- IGFS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE CELL DIFFERENTIATIONStephen Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2002..cdk4/cdk6 inhibitor p19 in mediating the switch in IGF-I response from proliferation to differentiation in skeletal myoblasts. These studies should further our understanding of the mechanisms by which IGFs influence the decision of ..
- Mechanical Stimulation of 2-and 3-d Myoblast CultureGEORGE TRUSKEY; Fiscal Year: 2006b>Skeletal myoblasts are a population of progenitor cells in adult skeletal muscle that are capable of differentiating intovarious types of skeletal muscle...
- Physiological role of PRDM16 in brown fat development and energy balancePatrick Seale; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, skeletal myoblasts expressing PRDM16 formed ectopic depots of adipose tissue after subcutaneous transplantation...
- Generation of Wunen/LPP3-based therapy for muscular dystrophyHannele Ruohola Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..we will take advantage of the induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) expertise in my laboratory to generate skeletal myoblasts using iPSCs derived from muscular dystrophy patients and test whether the regeneration capacity of these ..
- Nanion Syncro Patch 96Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic; Fiscal Year: 2012..by applicant): Electrophysiological studies of electrically excitable cells, such as cardiac myocytes, skeletal myoblasts, neurons, osteoblasts, are critically important for the derivation of these cells from various stem cell ..
- UFCC for Cardiovascular Cell Therapy Research NetworkCarl J Pepine; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific aims test whether skeletal myoblasts'(SkM) effect on ventricular function will be dependent on the presence of cells and not a reaction to ..
- The role of SIK1 in myogenic differentiation and skeletal muscle repairRebecca L Berdeaux; Fiscal Year: 2013..and muscle repair and will reveal the molecular mechanisms by which this enzyme is normally regulated in skeletal myoblasts. As a target of cAMP signaling, SIK1 is a signal-dependent modulator of the myogenic program...
- Preconditioning and re-programming of stem cells for cardiac repairKhawaja H Haider; Fiscal Year: 2012..In order to achieve these effects the present study involves transplantation of BMCs together with skeletal myoblasts (SkMs) which will serve mainly as carries of therapeutic genes...
- 3D combinatorial microenvironments for effective cell based therapyRonglih Liao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Towards this goal, cell-based therapy for cardiac regeneration employing various cell types, ranging from skeletal myoblasts to bone marrow derived stem cells to endogenous cardiac stem/progenitor cells, has sparked tremendous ..
- THE ROLE OF CDO IN MYOGENIC DIFFERENTIATIONRobert S Krauss; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Differentiation of vertebrate skeletal myoblasts into multinucleated myofibers is a multistage process that involves the coordinated activation of a cell-type specific transcriptional program and ..
- Molecular regulation of skeletal myoblast apoptosisCRYSTAL WEYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009Programmed cell death (apoptosis) is induced concomitant with differentiation in skeletal myoblasts and other systems. In skeletal myoblasts, these two processes result in mutually exclusive physiologically important endpoints...
- Functional assessment of donor-host cell couplingMICHAEL RUBART VAN DER LOHE; Fiscal Year: 2009..a variety of donor cell types (namely, fetal cardiomyocytes, embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes, skeletal myoblasts, and adult stem cells)...
- Engineered Cardiac Tissue with Controllable ArchitectureNenad Bursac; Fiscal Year: 2009..g. embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes, skeletal myoblasts, mesenchymal stem cells, resident cardiac progenitor cells), and the resultant tissue patches will be ..
- Angiomyogenesis With Myoblast Derived iPS CellsYigang Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..We therefore propose that skeletal myoblasts (SMs) are superior candidates for induction to pluripotent state with fewer factors either alone or in ..
- Autologous Cellular Therapy for Ventricular DysfunctionRobert Kormos; Fiscal Year: 2007..have focused on two main sources of replacement cells: bone marrow derived progenitor cells (BMCs) and skeletal myoblasts. Transplantation of skeletal myoblasts has been associated with the development of fatal arrhythmias and the ..
- High Content Screening for Muscular DystrophyHerman Vandenburgh; Fiscal Year: 2007..into reproducible quantitative muscle force measurements for up to 14 days on mBAMs bioengineered from skeletal myoblasts isolated from the mdx mouse, a genetic animal model of DMD (Dystrophic mBAMs, DmBAMs)...
- Cellular Cardiomyoplasty in Vitro: Host-Donor Cell InteractionsNenad Bursac; Fiscal Year: 2007..While initial clinical implantations of autologous skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow cells have been promising, the intrinsic potential of these cells to affect electro-..
- CELL CYCLE-DEPENDENT REGULATION OF MYOGENESISSTEPHEN SKAPEK; Fiscal Year: 1999..AS such, the primary event which initiates terminal differentiation in skeletal myoblasts may be one which causes cells to arrest in the G0 phase of the cell cycle...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS AND STRIATED MUSCLEJUDITH SWAIN; Fiscal Year: 1993..It has recently been demonstrated that overexpression of an FGF delays the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts, while inhibition of FGF expression by antisense techniques triggers myogenesis...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS AND STRIATED MUSCLEJUDITH SWAIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..It has recently been demonstrated that overexpression of an FGF delays the differentiation of skeletal myoblasts, while inhibition of FGF expression by antisense techniques triggers myogenesis...
- VIMENTINSS REGULATORY FACTORS INVOLVED IN DEVELOPMENTZENDRA ZEHNER; Fiscal Year: 2003..Previously, the investigators have shown in chick skeletal myoblasts, that the binding activity of the silencer factor is low, the antisilencer is high, and vimentin mRNA is ..
- GROWTH RELATED GENES IN VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLEMARK TAUBMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..regulated in the heart, arterial wall, and skeletal muscle and is induced during differentiation of skeletal myoblasts. In the arterial wall, SM-20 is expressed only in SMC and is upregulated in the intima of atherosclerotic ..
- ADULT HUMAN PROGENITOR CELLS FOR CARDIAC REGENERATIONRichard Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2005..These limitations are particularly true for bone-marrow derived stem cells and skeletal myoblasts, respectively. To overcome these limitations, Kardia Therapeutics, Inc...
- REGULATORS OF MUSCLE DIFFERENTIATIONHanh Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Some of the principles arising from studies in the muscle system may also be applicable to other developmental systems, and thus will potentially contribute to our understanding of other developmental defects in humans. ..
- Adult muscle stem cells as cell therapy in utrophin-dystrophin deficient miceMorayma Reyes; Fiscal Year: 2009..massively expanded, stably transduced, can be differentiated in vitro into many tissue cell types including skeletal myoblasts and showed broad biodistribution when transplanted intraarterially...
- Tissue-specific defects from lamin A/C gene mutations.JULIE JI; Fiscal Year: 2006..2: To explore tissue specific effects of lamin A/C and specific mutations using cells derived from different tissue types, including cardiac myocytes, skeletal myoblasts, adipocytes and fibroblasts. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]
- Tissue-Specific Extracellular Matrix for Culturing Stem and Progenitor CellsMark Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2006..differentiated into keratinocytes (acellular dermis ECM), 2) muscle satellite cells differentiated into skeletal myoblasts (skeletal muscle ECM), and 3) amniotic fluid-derived stem cells differentiated into hepatocytes (liver ECM)...
- Mechanistic basis of myoblast therapy and angiomyogenesisMuhammad Ashraf; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Skeletal myoblasts offer an easily expandable source of autologous myogenic cells for cardiac repair...
- ORIGIN, STRUCTURE AND BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY OF SKVSEDWARD STAVNEZER; Fiscal Year: 2003..of either v-ski or the proto-oncogene, c-ski, transforms avian embryo fibroblasts and converts them into skeletal myoblasts. v-Ski and c-Ski apparently produce these biological effects by binding specific DNA elements in combination ..
- MicroRNA Mediation of Stretch-Induced Myoblast Function for Engineered TissuesGeorge A Truskey; Fiscal Year: 2010..While the study focuses upon the demonstration of proof-of-principle in skeletal myoblasts, the results can be extended to other tissues...
- INFARCT NEOVASCULARIZATION TO IMPROVE STEM CELL ENGRAFTMENTJonathan McCue; Fiscal Year: 2006..multipotent adult progenitor cells (MAPCs), unfractionated bone marrow mononuclear cells (BMCs) and skeletal myoblasts (SkMBs)...
- Novel Cell Scaffolds: Guiding Heart Muscle Tissue GrowthStephanie Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2004..To promote and maintain cell differentiation, skeletal myoblasts or primary cardiac myocytes will be suspended in a pre-hydrogel solution and seeded onto the scaffold...
- COLLABORATIVE R01-CARDIAC GRAFTS-FUNCTIONAL ANALYSESRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hauschka) will establish the relative merits of a variety of different donor cells (fetal cardiomyocytes, skeletal myoblasts, ES- and EC- derived cardiomyocytes, and smooth muscle cells)...
- AUGMENTING MYOCARDIAL REGENERATION THROUGH ANGIOGENESISDORIS TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accomplishing these specific aims should enable them to develop and evaluate novel methods for treating end stage heart disease. ..
- DEVELOPING CELLULAR CARDIOMYOPLASTY FOR INJURED HEARTDORIS TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2001..myocardial performance can be at least partly reversed by repopulating the damaged area with primary skeletal myoblasts to re- form a functional unit within an infarct region...
- SAFETY AND EFFICACY OF CELLULAR CARDIOMYOPLASTYDORIS TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): [unreadable] Both autologous skeletal myoblasts and bone marrow mononuclear cells have been used in Phase 1 clinical trials to treat CHF - sometimes with negative outcomes...
- Cellular and molecular regulation of muscle stem cellsGRACE PAVLATH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies of Sca-1 may lead to new strategies for manipulating myogenic stem cells in disease, repair and aging and define novel therapeutic targets for enhancing muscle growth. ..
- Regulation of Myoblast FusionGrace K Pavlath; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies of the MR may lead to new strategies for manipulating myoblasts in disease, repair and aging and define novel therapeutic targets for enhancing muscle growth. ..
- Aging impairs stem-cell mediated myocardial repairJoshua Hare; Fiscal Year: 2008..Taken together, our studies will help guide the development of age-specific treatment strategies employing cellular cardiomyoplasty. ..
- Calcineurin in Prostaglandin Mediated Muscle GrowthGRACE PAVLATH; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Frontiers in MyogenesisGRACE PAVLATH; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Ventricular RemodelingJoshua Hare; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, these noninvasive techniques will be immediately transferable to human clinical trials. ..
- OXIDATIVE STRESS IN HEART FAILURE: MECHANISMSJoshua Hare; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the present studies in 3 highly relevant animal models will provide mechanistic insights complementary to those expected from ongoing clinical trials designed to test the utility of XO inhibitors in human HF therapy. ..
- ENHANCED TISSUE REGENERATION OF OROFACIAL MUSCLESGRACE PAVLATH; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PROTEIN SYNTHESIS INITIATION IN ANIMAL CELLSBansidhar Datta; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research is expected to provide valuable information regarding the mechanism of protein synthesis initiation in normal, cancerous, and virus- infected animal cells. ..
- Mice That Lack CDO: A Model for Mild HoloprosencephalyROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Abnormalities of Mitochondria in Chagasic MyocarditisNisha Garg; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will determine the pathophysiological contribution of host mitochondrial abnormalities in the progression of chagas disease. ..
- Bone Marrow Angioblasts For Cardiac RegenerationSilviu Itescu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Molecular Mechanisms Regulating Stem Cell PlasticityMichael Rudnicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..To investigate the mechanism by which Pax7 enforces lineage commitment, FACS/Hoechst enriched adult stem cells from Pax7-/- mice will be transplanted either intravenously or intramuscularly. ..
- Axon stabilization: A role for glia in patterning adult innervation in DrosophilaJoyce Fernandes; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARDIAC GRAFTS--SKELETAL MYOBLASTSCHARLES MURRY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hauschka) will establish the relative merits of a variety of different donor cells (fetal cardiomyocytes, skeletal myoblasts, ES- and EC- derived cardiomyocytes, and smooth muscle cells)...
- INTERFERON ANIMAL VIRUSES AND PROTEIN SYNTHESISPeter Lengyel; Fiscal Year: 2005..We plan to continue our studies on the roles of the murine and human 200 family proteins in the control of cell proliferation and differentiation using genetic, biological and biochemical approaches. ..
- Myocardial Protein Synthesis After Thermal InjuryCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, the research will elucidate the mechanisms by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced after thermal injury, leading to the better understanding and treatment of the resulting cardiomyopathy. - ..
- Gene-Environment Interaction in Holoprosencephaly: Role of Fetal Alcohol ExposureROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information may have important public health impact and could ultimately aid in the counseling of HPE mutation carriers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Binge Drinking & Cigarette Smoking: A Rodent ModelMariann Piano; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Neuroprotective Roles for Neuregulins in the Trea*BYRON FORD; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies herein have enormous clinical potential and could lead to new therapeutic strategies in the treatment of ischemic stroke. ..
- Myocardial regeneration in ischemic cardiomyopathyMarc Penn; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Repression of Skeletal MyogenesisSally Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..By further characterization of the Raf kinase intracellular signaling modules present in skeletal myoblasts, we can pinpoint critical downstream effectors that participate in the block to optimal muscle formation and ..
- IL-15, Body Compositition and Insulin Sensivity in AgingLeBris S Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Bone Marrow Angioblasts for Myocardial VasculogenesisSilviu Itescu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Role of CD164 in Skeletal MyogenesisROBERT KRAUSS; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research should therefore shed light on fundamental processes by which skeletal muscles develop. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRICHINELLOSIS AND REGULATION OF HOST GENE EXPRESSIONDouglas Jasmer; Fiscal Year: 2001..Understanding these mechanisms may also contribute unique insight on mechanisms of muscle differentiation and cell cycle regulation in mammalian cells. ..