Genomes and Genes
Summary: A CELL LINE derived from a PHEOCHROMOCYTOMA of the rat ADRENAL MEDULLA. PC12 cells stop dividing and undergo terminal differentiation when treated with NERVE GROWTH FACTOR, making the line a useful model system for NERVE CELL differentiation.
Publications409 found, 100 shown here
- Design and validation of a tool for neurite tracing and analysis in fluorescence microscopy imagesE Meijering
Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cytometry A 58:167-76. 2004..To facilitate this task, we developed a semiautomatic neurite tracing technique. This article describes the design and validation of the technique...
- Impaired degradation of mutant alpha-synuclein by chaperone-mediated autophagyAna Maria Cuervo
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Science 305:1292-5. 2004..These findings may underlie the toxic gain-of-function by the mutants...
- Growth factor-induced MAPK network topology shapes Erk response determining PC-12 cell fateSilvia D M Santos
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Cell Biology and Biophysics, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 9:324-30. 2007..These results show that growth factor context determines the topology of the MAPK signalling network and that the resulting dynamics govern cell fate...
- A two-dimensional ERK-AKT signaling code for an NGF-triggered cell-fate decisionJia Yun Chen
Department of Chemical and Systems Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Cell 45:196-209. 2012..Here, using single-cell image analysis of nerve growth factor (NGF)-stimulated PC12 cells, we identified a two-dimensional phospho-ERK (pERK)-phospho-AKT (pAKT) response map with a curved boundary that ..
- Oxidative stress and apoptosis induced by nanosized titanium dioxide in PC12 cellsShichang Liu
The Key Laboratory of Bioactive Materials, Ministry of Education, College of Medicine, Nankai University, Weijin Rd, Tianjin 300071, China
Toxicology 267:172-7. 2010..In this research, the cytotoxicity of the nano-TiO2 was investigated in PC12 cells, a cell line used as a model in vitro for the brain neurons research...
- Cytotoxicity effects of graphene and single-wall carbon nanotubes in neural phaeochromocytoma-derived PC12 cellsYongbin Zhang
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Division of Neurotoxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
ACS Nano 4:3181-6. 2010..Altogether these studies suggest different biological activities of the graphitic nanomaterials, with the shape playing a primary role...
- Ginsenoside Rg1 protects against hydrogen peroxide-induced cell death in PC12 cells via inhibiting NF-κB activationQian Liu
Department of Complex Prescription of TCM, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, PR China
Neurochem Int 58:119-25. 2011..this study, we investigated its effect on H(2)O(2)-induced cell death and explored possible signaling pathway in PC12 cells. We proved that pretreatment with Rg1 at concentrations of 0...
- Signaling pathways for PC12 cell differentiation: making the right connectionsD Vaudry
Section on Molecular Neuroscience, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Regulation, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 296:1648-9. 2002..The Connections Map for PC12 Cell Differentiation brings into focus the complex array of specific cellular responses that rely on canonical signal transduction systems...
- Hydrogen sulfide protects against chemical hypoxia-induced injury by inhibiting ROS-activated ERK1/2 and p38MAPK signaling pathways in PC12 cellsAiping Lan
Department of Physiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e25921. 2011..We have demonstrated that H(2)S protects against CoCl(2)-induced injuries in PC12 cells. However, whether the members of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK), in particular, extracellular signal-..
- Membrane protein sequestering by ionic protein-lipid interactionsGeert van den Bogaart
Department of Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Nature 479:552-5. 2011..Using super-resolution stimulated-emission depletion microscopy on the plasma membranes of PC12 cells, we found that PIP2 is the dominant inner-leaflet lipid in microdomains about 73 nanometres in size...
- Rab11 and its effector Rab coupling protein contribute to the trafficking of beta 1 integrins during axon growth in adult dorsal root ganglion neurons and PC12 cellsRichard Eva
Cambridge Centre for Brain Repair, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 30:11654-69. 2010..integrin and its partner beta1 are trafficked along axons and at the growth cone using adult DRG neurons and PC12 cells. We have focused on the small GTPase Rab11 and its effector Rab coupling protein (RCP), as they are involved in ..
- Transport of autophagosomes in neurites of PC12 cells during serum deprivationYi Yang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Key Laboratory of Biomedical Engineering of Ministry of Education, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, P R China
Autophagy 4:243-5. 2008..In addition, Tomato-LC3-labelled autophagosomes accumulate in neuritic beadings of PC12 cells during nerve growth factor (NGF) deprivation, which might be due to the failure of neurite transport...
- Identification of new Nerve Growth Factor-responsive immediate-early genesT F Dijkmans
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9502, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1249:19-33. 2009..These observations may therefore provide important new information on the molecular mechanisms underlying NGF-induced differentiation...
- Wild type alpha-synuclein is degraded by chaperone-mediated autophagy and macroautophagy in neuronal cellsTereza Vogiatzi
Division of Basic Neurosciences, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Soranou Efesiou 4, Athens, Greece
J Biol Chem 283:23542-56. 2008..These results indicate that CMA and macroautophagy are important pathways for WT ASYN degradation in neurons and underline the importance of CMA as degradation machinery in the nervous system...
- A variant of yellow fluorescent protein with fast and efficient maturation for cell-biological applicationsTakeharu Nagai
Laboratory for Cell Function and Dynamics, Advanced Technology Development Center, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako City, Saitama, 351 0198, Japan
Nat Biotechnol 20:87-90. 2002..We succeeded in efficiently targeting a neuropeptide Y-Venus fusion protein to the dense-core granules of PC12 cells. Its secretion was readily monitored by measuring release of fluorescence into the medium...
- Identification of the Nogo inhibitor of axon regeneration as a Reticulon proteinT GrandPre
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Nature 403:439-44. 2000..These data provide a molecular basis to assess the contribution of Nogo to the failure of axonal regeneration in the adult CNS...
- Caspase-12 mediates endoplasmic-reticulum-specific apoptosis and cytotoxicity by amyloid-betaT Nakagawa
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 403:98-103. 2000..Thus, caspase-12 mediates an ER-specific apoptosis pathway and may contribute to amyloid-beta neurotoxicity...
- Redox regulation of forkhead proteins through a p66shc-dependent signaling pathwayShino Nemoto
Cardiovascular Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10 6N 240, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1622, USA
Science 295:2450-2. 2002..These results demonstrate an important functional relation between three distinct elements linked to aging: forkhead proteins, p66shc, and intracellular oxidants...
- Structure-neurotoxicity relationships of amyloid beta-protein oligomersKenjiro Ono
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14745-50. 2009..The structure-activity correlations reported here significantly extend our understanding of the conformational dynamics, structure, and relative toxicity of pure Abeta oligomers of specific order...
- Resveratrol upregulates heme oxygenase-1 expression via activation of NF-E2-related factor 2 in PC12 cellsChu Yue Chen
National Research Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Shinlim Dong, Kwanak Ku, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 331:993-1000. 2005..upregulate heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) gene expression via activation of NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) in cultured PC12 cells. Nrf2 is a transcription factor involved in the cellular protection against oxidative stress through antioxidant ..
- Marine compound Xyloketal B protects PC12 cells against OGD-induced cell damageJia Zhao
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Brain Res 1302:240-7. 2009..against ischemia-induced cell injury in an in vitro oxygen glucose deprivation (OGD) model of ischemic stroke in PC12 cells. We found that Xyloketal B could directly scavenge 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) free radical and protect ..
- Quercetin exerts a neuroprotective effect through inhibition of the iNOS/NO system and pro-inflammation gene expression in PC12 cells and in zebrafishZai Jun Zhang
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Taipa, Macao SAR, PR China
Int J Mol Med 27:195-203. 2011..effect of quercetin and to elucidate its mechanism of action, the neuroprotective effects of quercetin in PC12 cells and in zebrafish models were investigated...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress and the unfolded protein response in cellular models of Parkinson's diseaseElizabeth J Ryu
Department of Pathology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 22:10690-8. 2002..To identify regulated genes in such models, we performed serial analysis of gene expression on neuronal PC12 cells exposed to 6-hydroxydopamine...
- A lipid-anchored Grb2-binding protein that links FGF-receptor activation to the Ras/MAPK signaling pathwayH Kouhara
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Cell 89:693-702. 1997..Finally, we demonstrate that FRS2 is closely related and probably indentical to SNT, the long-sought target of FGF and NGF receptors...
- GLP-1 receptor plays a critical role in geniposide-induced expression of heme oxygenase-1 in PC12 cellsFei Yin
Research Centre of Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Chongqing Technology and Business University, Chongqing 400067, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 31:540-5. 2010..To explore the role of activation of glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor (GLP-1R) and its relative cell signaling pathway in the cytoprotection of geniposide...
- Paeoniflorin, a potent natural compound, protects PC12 cells from MPP+ and acidic damage via autophagic pathwayBi Yin Cao
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou 215004, China
J Ethnopharmacol 131:122-9. 2010..Paeoniflorin (PF) is the principal bioactive component of Radix Paeoniae alba, which is widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Salidroside protects against MPP(+)-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells by inhibiting the NO pathwayXiaofeng Li
Laboratory of Senile Encephalopathy with the Integrated Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine, Research Center of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1382:9-18. 2011..the protective activity of salidroside against 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP(+))-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells. We found that incubation of PC12 cells with salidroside prior to MPP(+) exposure significantly reduced cell ..
- Anatomy and dynamics of a supramolecular membrane protein clusterJochen J Sieber
Department of Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Science 317:1072-6. 2007....
- Spatio-temporal images of growth-factor-induced activation of Ras and Rap1N Mochizuki
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Nature 411:1065-8. 2001..In PC12 cells, nerve growth factor-induced activation of Ras was initiated at the plasma membrane and transmitted to the whole ..
- Nitric oxide activates Nrf2 through S-nitrosylation of Keap1 in PC12 cellsHan Cheon Um
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Nitric Oxide 25:161-8. 2011..In conclusion, NO can activate Nrf2 by S-nitrosylation of Keap1 and alternatively by PKC-catalyzed phosphorylation of Nrf2 in PC12 cells.
- Selective block of tunneling nanotube (TNT) formation inhibits intercellular organelle transfer between PC12 cellsNickolay V Bukoreshtliev
Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, Jonas Lies vei 91, 5009 Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
FEBS Lett 583:1481-8. 2009..Here, we show that the selective elimination of filopodia from PC12 cells by 350 nM cytochalasin B (CytoB) blocks TNT formation but has only a weak effect on the stability of existing ..
- Trk receptors: mediators of neurotrophin actionA Patapoutian
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute and Genomics Institute, Novartis Research Foundation, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 11:272-80. 2001..Three-dimensional structures of the Trk receptors, in one instance in association with a neurotrophin, have revealed the structural bases underlying specificity in neurotrophin signaling...
- The interaction of manganese nanoparticles with PC-12 cells induces dopamine depletionSaber M Hussain
Applied Biotechnology Branch, Human Effectiveness Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio 45431, USA
Toxicol Sci 92:456-63. 2006....
- Mammalian sprouty proteins inhibit cell growth and differentiation by preventing ras activationI Gross
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, Box 1130, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 276:46460-8. 2001..Sos complex to selectively uncouple growth factor signals from Ras activation and the MAP Kinase pathway...
- Expression changes of dopaminergic system-related genes in PC12 cells induced by manganese, silver, or copper nanoparticlesJianyong Wang
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Division of Neurotoxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Rd, Jefferson, AR 72079 9502, USA
Neurotoxicology 30:926-33. 2009..b>PC12 cells were treated with 10 microg/ml Mn-40 nm, Ag-15 nm, or Cu-90 nm nanoparticles for 24 h...
- CD38/cADPR/Ca2+ pathway promotes cell proliferation and delays nerve growth factor-induced differentiation in PC12 cellsJianbo Yue
Department of Physiology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Biol Chem 284:29335-42. 2009..nucleotide, cyclic adenosine diphosphoribose (cADPR), in the proliferation and differentiation of neurosecretory PC12 cells. We found that cADPR induced Ca(2+) release in PC12 cells and that CD38 is the main ADP-ribosyl cyclase ..
- Cell fate decisions are specified by the dynamic ERK interactomeAlex von Kriegsheim
Signalling and Proteomics Laboratory, The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Nat Cell Biol 11:1458-64. 2009..Integrating these data with a mathematical model confirmed that ERK dynamics and differentiation are regulated by distributed control mechanisms rather than by a single master switch...
- Sustained activation of ERK1/2 by NGF induces microRNA-221 and 222 in PC12 cellsKazuya Terasawa
Department of Pharmcogenomics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Japan
FEBS J 276:3269-76. 2009..found that expression of miR-221 and miR-222 expression were induced by nerve growth factor (NGF) stimulation in PC12 cells, and that this induction was dependent on sustained activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1 ..
- Neuronal polarity selection by topography-induced focal adhesion controlAldo Ferrari
NEST, Istituto Nanoscienze CNR, I 56126 Pisa, Italy
Biomaterials 31:4682-94. 2010..Altogether our results imply that focal adhesions and cell contractility stably link the topographical configuration of the extracellular environment to a corresponding neuronal polarity state...
- Neurites from PC12 cells are connected to each other by synapse-like structuresChan Young Jeon
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon, Kangwon Do, 200 702, Republic of Korea
Synapse 64:765-72. 2010b>PC12 cells have been used as a model of sympathetic neurons. Nerve growth factor (NGF), basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), and cAMP induce neurite outgrowth from PC12 cells. cAMP induced a greater number of neurites than did NGF...
- Silver nanoparticles compromise neurodevelopment in PC12 cells: critical contributions of silver ion, particle size, coating, and compositionChristina M Powers
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:37-44. 2011Silver exposures are rising because of the increased use of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) in consumer products. The monovalent silver ion (Ag+) impairs neurodevelopment in PC12 cells and zebrafish.
- Functional importance of PMCA isoforms in growth and development of PC12 cellsLudmila Zylinska
Department of Molecular Neurochemistry, Medical University, 6 8 Mazowiecka Street, 92 215 Lodz, Poland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1099:254-69. 2007..Our data suggest that specific PMCA isoforms presence can regulate the intact cell development; however, it may involve multiple unidentified yet signaling pathways...
- Syntaxin clusters assemble reversibly at sites of secretory granules in live cellsS Barg
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Uppsala 75123, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20804-9. 2010..interaction between syntaxin and single secretory granules by two-color total internal reflection microscopy in PC12 cells. Syntaxin-GFP assembled in clusters at sites where single granules had docked at the plasma membrane...
- Antioxidant properties and neuroprotective effects of isocampneoside II on hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative injury in PC12 cellsChuan Ling Si
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Pulp and Paper, College of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin 300457, PR China
Food Chem Toxicol 59:145-52. 2013..Pretreatment of PC12 cells with ICD prior to H₂O₂ exposure elevated cell viability, enhanced activity of superoxide dismutase and ..
- Assessment of PC12 cell differentiation and neurite growth: a comparison of morphological and neurochemical measuresKaberi P Das
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 26:397-406. 2004..b>PC12 cells, which differentiate upon nerve growth factor (NGF) stimulation, were used as the in vitro model...
- Mechanistic toxicity evaluation of uncoated and PEGylated single-walled carbon nanotubes in neuronal PC12 cellsYongbin Zhang
National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
ACS Nano 5:7020-33. 2011..carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) and SWCNTs functionalized with polyethylene glycol (SWCNT-PEGs) in neuronal PC12 cells at the biochemical, cellular, and gene expressional levels...
- Latent process genes for cell differentiation are common decoders of neurite extension lengthKanako Watanabe
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Sci 125:2198-211. 2012..process (LP) with distinct temporal expression profiles and are required for subsequent neurite extension in PC12 cells. The LP genes showed distinct dependency on the duration of ERK activity, and they were also induced during the ..
- Activating ALK mutations found in neuroblastoma are inhibited by Crizotinib and NVP-TAE684Christina Schönherr
Department of Molecular Biology, Building 6L, Umea University, Umea 901 87, Sweden
Biochem J 440:405-13. 2011..Importantly for neuroblastoma patients, all ALK mutations used in the present study can be blocked by the inhibitors, although some mutants exhibited higher levels of drug sensitivity than others...
- Recruitment of actin modifiers to TrkA endosomes governs retrograde NGF signaling and survivalAnthony W Harrington
The Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell 146:421-34. 2011..Differential control of this process explains how NGF but not NT3 supports retrograde survival of sympathetic neurons...
- In vitro protective effects of Withania somnifera (L.) dunal root extract against hydrogen peroxide and β-amyloid(1-42)-induced cytotoxicity in differentiated PC12 cellsS Kumar
Medicinal Plant Research Group, School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Phytother Res 24:1567-74. 2010..The results suggest that pretreatments of differentiated PC12 cells with aqueous extracts of W...
- Quercetin and sesamin protect neuronal PC12 cells from high-glucose-induced oxidation, nitrosative stress, and apoptosisJulie Bournival
Cellular Neurobiology, Department of Biochemistry, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Canada
Rejuvenation Res 15:322-33. 2012..sesamin on high-glucose (HG)-induced oxidative damage in an in vitro model of dopaminergic neurons, neuronal PC12 cells. When incubated with HG (13.5 mg/mL), neuronal PC12 cells showed a significant increase of cellular death...
- A genome-wide signature of glucocorticoid receptor binding in neuronal PC12 cellsJ Annelies E Polman
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, 2333 CC, The Netherlands
BMC Neurosci 13:118. 2012..The objective of the present study was to identify genome-wide glucocorticoid receptor binding sites in neuronal PC12 cells using Chromatin ImmunoPrecipitation combined with next generation sequencing (ChIP-Seq).
- Neuroprotective effect of crocin on acrylamide-induced cytotoxicity in PC12 cellsSoghra Mehri
Department of Pharmacodynamics and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Cell Mol Neurobiol 32:227-35. 2012..Saffron) on ACR-induced cytotoxicity was evaluated using PC12 cells as a suitable in vitro model...
- MicroRNA expression profiling of NGF-treated PC12 cells revealed a critical role for miR-221 in neuronal differentiationNanako Hamada
Department of Longevity and Aging Research, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Gifu, Japan
Neurochem Int 60:743-50. 2012..Upon treatment with nerve growth factor (NGF), rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cells elicit neurite outgrowth and differentiate into neuron-like cells...
- Microtubule dysfunction precedes transport impairment and mitochondria damage in MPP+ -induced neurodegenerationDaniele Cartelli
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Neurochem 115:247-58. 2010..In nerve growth factor-differentiated PC12 cells, we have analyzed post-translational modifications of tubulin known to be associated with differently dynamic ..
- The Human Rho-GEF trio and its target GTPase RhoG are involved in the NGF pathway, leading to neurite outgrowthSoline Estrach
CRBM CNRS, UPR 1086 CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 5, Montpellier Cedex, France
Curr Biol 12:307-12. 2002..Here, we show that human Trio induces neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells in a GEFD1-dependent manner...
- Intrinsic structural disorder of mouse proNGFFrancesca Paoletti
SISSA ISAS, Building Q1, AREA Science Park Basovizza, S S 14 Km 163 5, 34012 Trieste, Italy
Proteins 75:990-1009. 2009..These data provide a first insight into the structural basis for the selectivity of mouse short proNGF, versus NGF, towards its binding partners...
- Reactive oxygen species, Ki-Ras, and mitochondrial superoxide dismutase cooperate in nerve growth factor-induced differentiation of PC12 cellsSilvana Cassano
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Molecolare e Cellulare, Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
J Biol Chem 285:24141-53. 2010..Low and spatially restricted levels of H(2)O(2) induce and maintain long term ERK1/2 activity and ultimately differentiation of PC12 cells.
- Two distinct conformations of Abeta aggregates on the surface of living PC12 cellsDavid A Bateman
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biophys J 96:4260-7. 2009..In this study we monitored the aggregation of Abeta42 with living PC12 cells. Using photobleaching Förster resonance energy transfer, we observed one set of aggregates that displayed ..
- ortho-substituted PCB95 alters intracellular calcium signaling and causes cellular acidification in PC12 cells by an immunophilin-dependent mechanismP W Wong
Department of Molecular Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Neurochem 76:450-63. 2001..Investigation into the cellular importance of this mechanism was undertaken using PC12 cells by fluoroimaging the actions of specific PCB congeners on [Ca2+]i and pH...
- Erythropoietin protects PC12 cells from beta-amyloid(25-35)-induced apoptosis via PI3K/Akt signaling pathwayRong Ma
Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Neuropharmacology 56:1027-34. 2009..effects of erythropoietin (EPO) on Abeta(25-35)-induced cell death in cultured rat pheochromocytoma cells (PC12 cells)...
- Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells protect PC12 cells from glutamate excitotoxicity-induced apoptosis by upregulation of XIAP through PI3-K/Akt activationShan Lu
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and School of Basic Medicine, Center of Excellence in Tissue Engineering, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, PR China
Toxicology 279:189-95. 2011..we evaluated whether adipose mesenchymal stem cells (AMSCs) could protect against glutamate-induced injury in PC12 cells by secreting neurotrophic factors...
- Protective effects of resveratrol and quercetin against MPP+ -induced oxidative stress act by modulating markers of apoptotic death in dopaminergic neuronsJulie Bournival
Department of Biochemistry and Neuroscience Research Group, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, Trois Rivieres, QC, G9A 5H7, Canada
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:1169-80. 2009..These findings support the role of these natural polyphenols in preventive and/or complementary therapies for several human neurodegenerative diseases caused by oxidative stress and apoptosis...
- Spatio-temporal regulation of Rac1 and Cdc42 activity during nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cellsKazuhiro Aoki
Department of Tumor Virology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Yamadaoka, Suita Shi, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:713-9. 2004..regulation of Rac1 and Cdc42 activities during nerve growth factor (NGF)-induced neurite outgrowth in living PC12 cells by using probes based on the principle of fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)...
- GAP43, MARCKS, and CAP23 modulate PI(4,5)P(2) at plasmalemmal rafts, and regulate cell cortex actin dynamics through a common mechanismT Laux
Friedrich Miescher Institute, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 149:1455-72. 2000..These results suggest that GMC are functionally and mechanistically related PI(4,5)P(2) modulating proteins, upstream of actin and cell cortex dynamics regulation...
- Neuroprotection of geniposide against hydrogen peroxide induced PC12 cells injury: involvement of PI3 kinase signal pathwayJian Hui Liu
Research Center of Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Chongqing Technology and Business University, Chongqing, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 30:159-65. 2009..In this study, we explore the role of PI3 kinase signaling pathway in the neuroprotection of geniposide in PC12 cells.
- Alpha-Synuclein is degraded by both autophagy and the proteasomeJulie L Webb
Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Wellcome Medical Research Council Building, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:25009-13. 2003..Since rapamycin, a stimulator of autophagy, increased clearance of alpha-synuclein, it merits consideration as a potential therapeutic for Parkinsons disease, as it is designed for chronic use in humans...
- Curcumin protected PC12 cells against beta-amyloid-induced toxicity through the inhibition of oxidative damage and tau hyperphosphorylationSo Young Park
Environmental Toxico Genomic and Proteomic Center, College of Medicine, Korea University, Anamdong 5, Sungbuk Ku, Seoul 136 705, Republic of Korea
Food Chem Toxicol 46:2881-7. 2008..we investigated the neuroprotective mechanisms by which curcumin acts against Abeta (25-35)-induced toxicity in PC12 cells. Following the exposure of PC12 cells to 10 microM Abeta (25-35) for 24h, significant increases in the level of ..
- A formulated red ginseng extract rescues PC12 cells from PCB-induced oxidative cell death through Nrf2-mediated upregulation of heme oxygenase-1 and glutamate cysteine ligaseSo Hyun Park
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Toxicology 278:131-9. 2010..b>PC12 cells treated with PCB126 exhibited increased accumulation of intracellular ROS and underwent apoptosis as determined ..
- Ginsenoside Rg1 inhibits beta-secretase activity in vitro and protects against Abeta-induced cytotoxicity in PC12 cellsYue Hua Wang
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 11:604-12. 2009..The results showed that 1 could inhibit beta-secretase activity in vitro and also protect the PC12 cells against injuries caused by exposure of PC12 cells to 50 microM Abeta(25-35) for 48 h...
- Neuroprotective effect of osthole on MPP+-induced cytotoxicity in PC12 cells via inhibition of mitochondrial dysfunction and ROS productionWen Bo Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, Xijing Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Xiing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Neurochem Int 57:206-15. 2010....
- Nanotopographic control of neuronal polarityAldo Ferrari
NEST, Istituto Nanoscienze CNR and Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy
Nano Lett 11:505-11. 2011..Taken together, this report provides a novel and promising approach to the rational design of biocompatible textured substrates for tissue engineering applications...
- Biological activity of nerve growth factor precursor is dependent upon relative levels of its receptorsRaheleh Masoudi
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:18424-33. 2009..conditions for primary sympathetic neurons and for pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells, it is apoptotic for unprimed PC12 cells when they are deprived of serum...
- CCM2 mediates death signaling by the TrkA receptor tyrosine kinaseLiraz Harel
Department of Biological Chemistry, Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
Neuron 63:585-91. 2009..Combined high expression levels of CCM2 and TrkA are correlated with long-term survival in a large cohort of human neuroblastoma patients. Thus, CCM2 is a key mediator of TrkA-dependent cell death in pediatric neuroblastic tumors...
- The CKK domain (DUF1781) binds microtubules and defines the CAMSAP/ssp4 family of animal proteinsAnthony J Baines
Department of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Evol 26:2005-14. 2009..Overexpression of the CKK domain in PC12 cells blocked production of neurites, a process that requires microtubule function...
- Modulation of aldehyde dehydrogenase activity affects (±)-4-hydroxy-2E-nonenal (HNE) toxicity and HNE-protein adduct levels in PC12 cellsDehe Kong
Exonhit Inc, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, USA
J Mol Neurosci 47:595-603. 2012..We sought to first establish the role of ALDH1A1 in mediating HNE toxicity in PC12 cells by overexpressing ALDH1A1 and by using disulfiram, an ALDH inhibitor...
- Erythropoietin attenuates 6-hydroxydopamine-induced apoptosis via glycogen synthase kinase 3β-mediated mitochondrial translocation of Bax in PC12 cellsXu Hua Ge
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, and Institute of Neuroscience, Soochow University, Jiangsu Province, China
Neurol Sci 33:1249-56. 2012..In line with these results, 6-OHDA treatment enhanced the apoptosis and caspase 3 activity in PC12 cells. These findings indicated that mitochondrial dysfunction was involved in the neurotoxicity of 6-OHDA and GSK3β ..
- Protective effect of Homer 1a against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cellsPeng Luo
Department of Neurosurgery, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, PR China
Free Radic Res 46:766-76. 2012....
- Inhibition of autophagy enhances sunitinib-induced cytotoxicity in rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cellsTatsuhiko Ikeda
Department of Endocrine Surgery, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 121:67-73. 2013..Previously, we demonstrated that sunitinib directly inhibited mTORC1 signaling in rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cells. Although autophagy is a highly regulated cellular process, its relevance to cancer seems to be complicated...
- Mutual antagonism between hypoxia-inducible factors 1α and 2α regulates oxygen sensing and cardio-respiratory homeostasisGuoxiang Yuan
Biological Sciences Division, Institute for Integrative Physiology and Center for Systems Biology of O2 Sensing, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E1788-96. 2013....
- The PC12 cell as model for neurosecretionR H S Westerink
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 192:273-85. 2008This review attempts to touch on the history and application of amperometry at PC12 cells for fundamental investigation into the exocytosis process...
- An NGF-induced Exo70-TC10 complex locally antagonises Cdc42-mediated activation of N-WASP to modulate neurite outgrowthDagmar Pommereit
European Neuroscience Institute Göttingen, Cell Biophysics Group and DFG Research Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain CMPB, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
J Cell Sci 120:2694-705. 2007NGF-induced differentiation of PC12 cells is mediated by actin-polymerisation-driven membrane protrusion, involving GTPase signalling pathways that activate actin nucleation promoting factors such as the neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome ..
- The death receptor antagonist FLIP-L interacts with Trk and is necessary for neurite outgrowth induced by neurotrophinsRana S Moubarak
Institut de Neurociencies, Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Campus de Bellaterra Edifici M, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Neurosci 30:6094-105. 2010..enhances neurotrophin-induced neurite outgrowth in motoneurons, superior cervical ganglion neurons, and PC12 cells. Conversely, the downregulation of FLIP-L protein levels by specific RNA interference significantly reduces ..
- Regulated exocytosis in neuroendocrine cells: a role for subplasmalemmal Cdc42/N-WASP-induced actin filamentsStephane Gasman
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Propre de Recherche 2356, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 37, 67084 Strasbourg, France
Mol Biol Cell 15:520-31. 2004..Using PC12 cells as a secretory model, we show that Cdc42 is activated at the plasma membrane during exocytosis...
- Resveratrol oligomers from Vitis amurensis attenuate beta-amyloid-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cellsMoon Hee Jang
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1130-4. 2007..Exposure of PC12 cells to the Abeta (20 microM) for 24 h resulted in neuronal cell death, whereas pretreatment with vitisin A or ..
- ARF6 regulates a plasma membrane pool of phosphatidylinositol(4,5)bisphosphate required for regulated exocytosisYoshikatsu Aikawa
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Cell Biol 162:647-59. 2003..In the present work, expression of the constitutively active GTPase-defective ARF6Q67L mutant in PC12 cells was found to inhibit Ca2+-dependent DCV exocytosis...
- Differential activation of the calcium/protein kinase C and the canonical beta-catenin pathway by Wnt1 and Wnt7a produces opposite effects on cell proliferation in PC12 cellsPaola Spinsanti
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 104:1588-98. 2008We examined the effect of Wnt1 and Wnt7a on cell proliferation using undifferentiated PC12 cells, which originate from the neural crest and are widely employed as a neuronal cell model...
- Single secretory granules of live cells recruit syntaxin-1 and synaptosomal associated protein 25 (SNAP-25) in large copy numbersM K Knowles
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Denver, Denver, CO 80208, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20810-5. 2010..There was a more than 10-fold excess of SNAP-25 over syntaxin-1. Fifty to seventy copies each of syntaxin-1 and SNAP-25 molecules were associated with a single docked granule, many more than have been reported to be required for fusion...
- Protective effects of methyl gallate on H2O2-induced apoptosis in PC12 cellsJames A G Crispo
Medical Sciences Division, Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Sudbury, ON, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 393:773-8. 2010..of EGCG, methyl gallate (MG), gallic acid (GA) and N-acetylcysteine (NAC) on H(2)O(2)-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells and elucidate potential protective mechanisms...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor binding protein enters the regulated secretory pathway in neuroendocrine cells and cortical neuronsElías H Blanco
Millenium Nucleus in Stress and Addiction, Departamento de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Neuropeptides 45:273-9. 2011..However, the secretion mode of CRF-BP is currently unknown. We used heterologous expression of CRF-BP-Flag in PC12 cells and in primary culture of rat cortical neurons to study CRF-BP secretion mode...
- NGF signaling from clathrin-coated vesicles: evidence that signaling endosomes serve as a platform for the Ras-MAPK pathwayC L Howe
Department of Neurology, Stanford University Medical Center, 1201 Welch Road, MSLS P211, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuron 32:801-14. 2001..Our results point to the existence of a population of signaling endosomes derived from clathrin-coated membranes in NGF-treated cells...
- Ginsenoside Rg1 attenuates dopamine-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells by suppressing oxidative stressXiao Chun Chen
Fujian Institute of Geriatrics, the Affiliated Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, No 29, Xinquan Road, Fuzhou, PO 350001, China
Eur J Pharmacol 473:1-7. 2003..the neuroprotection provided by ginsenosde Rg1 was studied against apoptosis induced by exogenous dopamine in PC12 cells. Pretreatment with ginsenoside Rg1 markedly reduced the generation of dopamine-induced reactive oxygen species ..
- p190RhoGAP and Rap-dependent RhoGAP (ARAP3) inactivate RhoA in response to nerve growth factor leading to neurite outgrowth from PC12 cellsChan Young Jeon
Department of Biochemistry, Hallym University College of Medicine, Chuncheon 200 702, Korea
Exp Mol Med 42:335-44. 2010..Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been well known to induce neurite outgrowth from PC12 cells. RhoA belongs to Ras-related small GTP-binding proteins, which regulate a variety of cellular processes, ..
- Neurite outgrowth from PC12 cells by basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) is mediated by RhoA inactivation through p190RhoGAP and ARAP3Chan Young Jeon
Department of Biochemistry, Hallym University College of Medicine, Chuncheon, Kangwon Do, South Korea
J Cell Physiol 224:786-94. 2010The rat pheochromocytoma cell line PC12 has been widely used as a model to study neuronal differentiation. PC12 cells give rise to neurites in response to basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF)...
- Lysophosphatidylethanolamine in Grifola frondosa as a neurotrophic activator via activation of MAPKAtsuyoshi Nishina
Gunma Industrial Technology Center, 884 1 Kamesato, Maebashi, Gunma 379 2147, Japan
J Lipid Res 47:1434-43. 2006..that Grifola frondosa extracts induced the activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in cultured PC12 cells, a line of rat pheochromocytoma cells...
- p75 neurotrophin receptor reduces ligand-induced Trk receptor ubiquitination and delays Trk receptor internalization and degradationJoe P S Makkerh
Centre for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Avenue, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
EMBO Rep 6:936-41. 2005..These results indicate that p75 NTR may prolong cell-surface Trk-dependent signalling events by negatively regulating receptor ubiquitination...
- Cooperative modulation of neuritogenesis by PC12 cells by topography and nerve growth factorJohn D Foley
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Biomaterials 26:3639-44. 2005..To test this, we cultured PC12 cells with a range of nerve growth factor (NGF) concentrations on surfaces with ridge widths ranging from 70 to 1900 ..
- PrPc activation induces neurite outgrowth and differentiation in PC12 cells: role for caveolin-1 in the signal transduction pathwayBarbara Pantera
Dipartimento di Scienze Biochimiche, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
J Neurochem 110:194-207. 2009..In this study we detailed the intracellular events induced by PrP(c) antibody-mediated cross-linking in PC12 cells. We found a Fyn-dependent activation of the Ras-Raf pathway, which leads to a rapid and transient ..
- Neurotrophic effect of citrus 5-hydroxy-3,6,7,8,3',4'-hexamethoxyflavone: promotion of neurite outgrowth via cAMP/PKA/CREB pathway in PC12 cellsHui Chi Lai
Department of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 6:e28280. 2011..A PKC-dependent and CREB-independent pathway was also involved in its neurotrophic action...
- IGF-1 induces hypoxia-inducible factor 1α-mediated GLUT3 expression through PI3K/Akt/mTOR dependent pathways in PC12 cellsJian Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, The Sun Yat sen Memorial Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, 510120, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1430:18-24. 2012..a HIF-1 inhibitor, and HIF-1α siRNA, we demonstrated IGF-1 induced GLUT3 expression through HIF-1α in neuronal PC12 cells. Moreover, IGF-1 stimulated HIF-1α and GLUT3 protein expression through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/..
- Functional activity of the novel Alzheimer's amyloid β-peptide interacting domain (AβID) in the APP and BACE1 promoter sequences and implications in activating apoptotic genes and in amyloidogenesisJason A Bailey
Laboratory of Molecular Neurogenetics, Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Gene 488:13-22. 2011..Our results suggest the Aβ peptide may regulate its own production through feedback on its precursor protein and BACE1, leading to amyloidogenesis in AD...
- Dynamics of Kinesins, Dyneins, and MyosinsPaul R Selvin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Myosin V, Dynamics: To study the in vivo dynamics of kinesin, dynein, and myosin V in peroxisomes, melanosomes, PC12 cells, and other cell lines, using single molecule FIONA (Fluorescence Imaging with One Nanometer Accuracy), and ..
- Pharmacological strategies to improve breathing after cervical spinal cord injuryFRANCIS GOLDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., elicits a persistent increase in phrenic motor output). In PC12 cells, the A2a receptor agonist CGS 21680 mimics neurotrophins by transactivating their tropomyosin-related kinase (..
- Cathepsin L in the Biosynthesis of Enkephalins and beta-Endorphin Opioid PeptidesSteven J Bark; Fiscal Year: 2012..and their processing intermediates by coexpression of Cathepsin L and proenkephalin or proopiomelanocortin in PC12 cells. We will also optimize current mass spectrometry (MS) approaches for qualitative and quantitative analysis of ..
- Neurotoxicity of Magnetic NanoparticlesVeronica Shubayev; Fiscal Year: 2010..In studying the capacity of MNPs to extend neurite outgrowth in differentiated PC12 cells under magnetic force, we observed MNP-induced de-differentiation, loss of neurites, and cell death with ..
- Exocytosis and Coupled Endocytosis in Neuroendocrine CellsJOHN DAVID CASTLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Exocytosis and exo- endocytic coupling will be analyzed in chromaffin cells lacking SCAMP1 using amperometry, tracer uptake, and electron microscopy to analyze defects thought to be related to chromaffin cell physiology. ..
- Kinase/Phosphatase-mediated Mitochondrial Restructuring in NeuroprotectionStefan Strack; Fiscal Year: 2012..Phospho-Drp1 protects from, while dephospho-Drp1 sensitizes PC12 cells to apoptosis...
- Histamine Receptor Norepinephrine in Cardiac DysfunctionRoberto Levi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Isolated hearts, sympathetic nerve endings and PC12 cells, both wild-type and PKG- and PDE3-depleted by siRNA, will be used...
- Kinase/Phosphatase-mediated Mitochondrial Restructuring in NeuroprotectionStefan Strack; Fiscal Year: 2013..Phospho-Drp1 protects from, while dephospho-Drp1 sensitizes PC12 cells to apoptosis...
- The Role of Cytoplasmic Dynein in Axonal TransportKEVIN K PFISTER; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have found that in PC12 cells, the ubiquitous dynein isoform is involved in neurotrophin receptor kinase (Trk) signaling endosome transport, ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF ENKEPHALIN OPIOID PEPTIDESVivian Hook; Fiscal Year: 2009..L, compared to PC1 and PC2, and (b) assessing cellular PE processing during enzyme coexpression with PE in PC12 cells, (2) assess the colocalization of cathepsin L with enkephalin and PC enzymes in chromaffin cells, transfected ..
- Regulation of Cellular Signaling Pathways by POSHCHARLES KENNETH KASSENBROCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..be essential;reducing POSH levels has been reported to reduce apoptosis in neurons and neuronally differentiated PC12 cells following nerve growth factor withdrawal, as well as in a rodent model of stroke...
- Structural and Functional Specificity of Rab GTPasesGuangpu Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..via RNAi or dominant negative mutants dramatically reduces NGF-induced VGF expression and neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells, in contrast to the stimulatory effect of dominant negative Rab5 mutants...
- Sub-Wavelength Imaging of Intracellular Metal IonsJoseph R Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We selected the different cell lines for imaging, including COS cells, 293 cells, PC12 cells and mitochondria therein...
- Development of a Highly Sensitive Cell-Based Assay for Botulinum NeurotoxinEric A Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the BoNT/A cell surface receptor (synaptic vesicle protein 2) in cell lines such as neuro-2a cells and PC12 cells will be examined...
- MRI probes for functional imaging of plasticity signals in the brainAlan Jasanoff; Fiscal Year: 2013..We then used MRI with BM3h-based sensors to detect DA transport in vitro (in PC12 cells) and in vivo (in injected rat brains)...
- The role of Trib3 in neuronal apoptosis caused by NGF deprivationNEELA NONE ZAREEN; Fiscal Year: 2011..My long term goal is to use the NGF-withdrawal model, which includes neuronal PC12 cells and sympathetic neurons, to study a novel pro-apoptotic gene, Trib3...
- Structures and Toxicity of Amyloid Protein Assemblies in Alzheimer'sYoshitaka Ishii; Fiscal Year: 2013..The neural toxicity of the relevant amyloid aggregates will be examined on mouse PC12 cells. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This project provides detailed molecular structure for neurotoxic proteins, which are ..
- Single Channel Studies of the Fusion PoreMeyer B Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Parallel studies of fusion pore manipulations between the PC12 cells, chromaffin cells, and neurons from the brain will define how fusion pore function influences the speed of ..
- O-GlcNAcylation of tau: a link between glucose metabolism and neurodegenerationCheng Xin Gong; Fiscal Year: 2010..Study the interactions between O-GlcNAcylation and phosphorylation of tau both in vitro and in differentiated PC12 cells. The functional role of tau O-GlcNAcylation will be studied by measuring its microtubule-binding and -assembly ..
- Dynamic Control of Tryptophan Hydroxylase 2:Regulating Brain Serotonin SynthesisMARIANA PLAZAS TORRENTE; Fiscal Year: 2012..In these experiments, I will extract tagged TPH2 from PC12 cells, and identify co-purifying proteins through MS...
- Identification of compounds that inhibit aggregation and toxicity of TDP-43Benjamin L Wolozin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Some studies will also use neuronal PC12 cells that inducibly express WT TDP-43. In each case, the develop cellular cytoplasmic TDP-43 inclusions...
- Single Molecule Studies of SNARE-Induced Vesicle FusionAxel T Brunger; Fiscal Year: 2010..These in vitro studies will be complemented by in vivo studies using PC12 cells. We anticipate that our in vitro system can be extended to include other factors in order to obtain a ..
- DEXAMETHASONE/NGF REGULATE CASEIN KINASE IN PC12 CELLSRobert Van Buskirk; Fiscal Year: 1990..Presented here is preliminary evidence that in PC12 cells nerve growth factor increases by four-fold a protein kinase activity which we have tentatively identified as ..
- Biogenesis of the Regulated Secretory PathwayDaniel W Sirkis; Fiscal Year: 2012..Further, we will characterize the role of identified cellular factors in mammalian PC12 cells. In particular, we will determine whether these factors are responsible specifically for the sorting of VMAT2,or ..
- Defining a novel trigger for apoptosisBrent R Stockwell; Fiscal Year: 2011..We screened 47,000 small molecules for those that could prevent polyglutamine- induced apoptosis in PC12 cells and identified three effective compounds...
- CYCLIC ADP RIBOSE METABOLISM IN OXIDATIVE CELL DEATHMYRON JACOBSON; Fiscal Year: 2002..He will test this hypothesis in PC12 cells, which are widely used as a model system of neuronal cell death relating to oxidant toxicity...
- MECHANISM OF PC12 CELL ADHESION TO COLLAGEN AND LAMININDavid Turner; Fiscal Year: 1991..b>PC12 cells, an established line of cells derived from a rat pheochromocytoma, resemble sympathetic neurons in many respects,..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF NERVE GROWTH FACTORJeffrey Milbrandt; Fiscal Year: 1993..of gene expression in responsive cells, we have identified several genes that are rapidly induced by NGF in PC12 cells. Each of these three genes, c-fos, NGFI-A and NGFI-B, are rapidly transcribed in response to NGF, phorbol esters ..
- GLYCOCONJUGATES IN SYMPATHO-ADRENAL DEVELOPMENTGERALD SCHWARTING; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>PC12 cells express many complex fucose and sialic acid containing glycolipids...
- Molecular Adaptation of Hypoxia in Oxygen Sensing CellsDavid Millhorn; Fiscal Year: 2007..We found that the Bcl-2 family of cytoplasmic proteins is involved in regulating this hypoxia tolerance in PC12 cells. The Bcl-2 family is composed of two opposing populations of proteins; those that promote apoptotic cell death, ..
- Opportunistic Oral HSV-- Mechanisms of ReactivationCraig Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..Transient transfection of neurally differentiated (ND)-PC12 cells and the firefly lucifease (LUC) assay will be used to determine whether HSV-1 (i.e...
- The neurotransmitter release machinery: a new target general anestheticsBRUCE HERRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..Amperometric data I have since collected from permeabilized PC12 cells suggests that etomidate is, in fact, capable of inhibiting the release of catecholamines via a direct ..
- EFFECTS OF ETHANOL ON PHOSPHOLIPASE D MEDIATED SIGNALINGJoel Horwitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recent data, using PC12 cells as a model, suggests that long-term ethanol has effects on specific signal transduction systems...
- REGULATION OF SODIUM CHANNEL EXPRESSIONROBERT MAUE; Fiscal Year: 2000..RNAse protection and patch clamp recording will also be used to analyze PC12 cells transfected or microinjected with genes encoding constitutively active or interfering forms of the B-Raf, Raf-l, ..
- Defective nuclear FGFR1 signaling - a new model for PDMICHAL STACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..The INFS regulates axonal and dendritic growth in cultured neurons and resistance to 6-hydroxydopamine in PC12 cells. Polyetheleneimine-mediated in vivo transfection of dominant negative of the FGFR1 mutant [FGFR1(TK-) lacking ..
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF TAU PROTEINKENNETH KOSIK; Fiscal Year: 1999..from the plO promoter; and into (b) a eukaryotic expression vector with an epitope tag for expression in PC12 cells. The effects of this construct on cell morphology, on tau phosphorylation, and on other putative MAPK substrates ..
- EFFECTS OF ORGANOTINS ON HIPPOCAMPAL NEURONAL DEVELOPMENWILLIAM ATCHISON; Fiscal Year: 2000..The proposed studies will begin to provide information regarding the ability of organotins to disrupt neural development by interfering with the sensitivity of the neuron to mechanical tension. ..
- Caspase-independent cell death and neurodegenerationAlexei Degterev; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aponecrosis was also implicated in amyloid-beta toxicity in PC12 cells and ischemic brain damage in vivo...
- REGULATION OF CALCIUM CHANNELS BY PROTEIN KINASE CRobert Messing; Fiscal Year: 1990..will be examined in detail by studying K+-stimulated 45Ca2+ uptake and 3H-Ca2+ channel antagonist binding in PC12 cells. Muscarinic agonists also activate protein kinase C, by stimulating phosphoinositide hydrolysis and ..
- REGULATION OF DYNAMIN FUNCTION IN PC12 CELLSH Palfrey; Fiscal Year: 2000..The P.I. proposes to extend his studies on the role of dynamin in RE processes by now concentrating on PC12 cells as a model system...
- Analytical Techniques for ExocytosisAndrew Ewing; Fiscal Year: 2009..Overall, the use of amperometry, fluorescence and separations is proposed to investigate cellular chemistry and new ideas in cell biology related to neuronal communication. ..
- MOLECULAR INSIGHTS INTO CALCIUM REGULATED SECRETIONLISA ELFERINK; Fiscal Year: 1999..calcium responsive proteins in this process, we have established a novel microinjection system in neuroendocrine PC12 cells, a model system for calcium regulated secretion...
- Nox1 and Nox4 in Neuronal ApoptosisSTEVEN TAMMARIELLO; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nox1 is differentially regulated following NGF withdrawal from neonatal sympathetic neurons and differentiated PC12 cells. Based on these data, we hypothesize that Nox1 activity is necessary for the burst of superoxide following NGF ..
- Heme Action in Neuronogenesis and Oxygen SensingLi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The hypotheses to be tested are (1) heme is critical for NGF-induced neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells, (2) heme selectively promotes neuronal survival of NGF-induced PC12 cells, and (3) in mammalian cells, like in ..
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION BY OXYGENMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2005..induces complex pattern or gene expression in the O2-sensitive type Icells of the carotid body, and in the PC12 cells which are used as an experimental model for type I cells...
- BIOPTERIN, CATECHOLAMINES, & NO IN REGULATING APOPTOSISRobert Levine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our preliminary data shows that apoptotic death of differentiated neuron-like PC12 cells during nerve growth factor withdrawal is directly proportional to the intracellular level of BH4...
- Sphingosine 1 Phosphate Receptor and Neurite RetractionRachelle Toman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The substantiation of EDG-8/SPP induced neurite retraction using stable and transiently transfected PC12 cells, followed by the examination of cAMP accumulation, MAPK family member activation, and small G protein activation ..
- Proteomics of Complex 1 Inhibition in GSH-Depleted CellsBradford Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Interestingly, decreases in mitochondrial activities in GSH-depleted PC12 cells appears to be due to a selective inhibition of complex I activity similar to that observed in PD...
- RAF-1 REGULATION DURING CELL GROWTH AND DIFFERENTIATIONANGUS MACNICOL; Fiscal Year: 1999..In rat PC12 cells, an adrenal phenochromocytoma cell line used as a model for neuronal development, Raf mediates both ..
- NERVE GROWTH FACTOR REGULATED GENE EXPRESSIONGary Landreth; Fiscal Year: 1992..The cellular mechanisms subserving NGF's action on its target cells are largely unknown. In PC12 cells NGF rapidly activates the transcription of a group of "immediate early genes", including the protooncogenes c-..
- NEURONAL DEGENERATION--MECHANISMS AND PREVENTIONCAROL TROY; Fiscal Year: 2001..The specific studies proposed here arise from experiments using cultures of PC12 cells and sympathetic neurons as models to probe the means by which oxidative stress causes neuronal death...
- Novel Therapeutic Agents for ALSDONALD KIRSCH; Fiscal Year: 2007..established high-throughput cell protection screen based on the toxic effects of G93A mutant SOD1 expression in PC12 cells. (2) Identify compounds that block or reverse the formation of protein aggregates utilizing an operational high ..
- MECHANISMS OF SECRETION FROM NEURONS AND ENDOCRINE CELLSPietro De Camilli; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will isolate SLMVs from anterior pituitary tissue and from naive PC12 cells and compare their biochemical characteristics with those of SSVs purified from brain...
- CYTOSKELETAL PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATION IN APOPTOSISGail Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recently, using the classical paradigm of inducing apoptosis differentiated PC12 cells by withdrawal of serum and nerve growth factor (NGF), we demonstrated that the neuronal cytoskeletal protein tau ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR BASIS OF EPILEPTOGENESISSylvia Christakos; Fiscal Year: 1992..In addition, we will transfect PC12 cells with the calbindin gene and we will determine if the presence of calbindin has an effect on neurite outgrowth ..
- REGULATION OF FGF ACTIVITY BY FGF RECEPTOR SIGNALINGPamela Maher; Fiscal Year: 2000..questions, the array of FGF receptors present on the surface of a cell which differentiates in response to FGF (PC12 cells) was compared with that present on the surface of a cell which proliferates in response to FGF (Swiss 3T3 ..
- ETHANOL, NEURAL DIFFERENTIATION, AND PROTEIN KINASE CRobert Messing; Fiscal Year: 1999..b>PC12 cells, which form neurites in response to nerve growth factor (NGF), have been used to study mechanisms involved in ..
- RGS6 Signaling and Function in Neural DevelopmentRory Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..with SCG 10, a neuron-specific microtubule-destabilizing protein, promotes neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells. We also found that overexpression of RGS6 proteins in zebrafish embryos, where we identified neural expression ..
- The Role of Cholesterol in Regulating NGF ActivityJOSEPH BARTOE; Fiscal Year: 2004..To test this hypothesis, NGF receptor signaling will be studied in cholesterol depleted PC12 cells. The activation of the major NGF signaling pathways will be studied using immunoblot analysis, and the role of ..
- REGULATION OF VGF BY NEUROTROPHIC GROWTH FACTORSStephen Salton; Fiscal Year: 2001..Upon addition of neurotrophic factors such as nerve growth factor (NGF), PC12 cells differentiate into neurite-bearing cells that share many properties with sympathetic neurons of the peripheral ..
- DYNAMICS OF CALMODULIN IN NEURONSSALLY KIM; Fiscal Year: 2003..The specific aims of this research project are: 1) to determine the amount of diffusible and bound calmodulin in PC12 cells at differing Ca2+ concentrations using a biochemical approach; 2) to characterize the compartmentalization and ..
- REGULATION OF MAP2 IN BRAINItzhak Fischer; Fiscal Year: 1991..The molecular mechanism of MAP2 expression in brain and in PC12 cells, will be studied at the level of protein systhesis, mRNA and the genes that code for this protein...
- Fetal & Adolescent Nicotine Effects on CNS 5HT SystemsTheodore Slotkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..