Genomes and Genes
Summary: A human cell line established from a diffuse histiocytic lymphoma (HISTIOCYTIC LYMPHOMA, DIFFUSE) and displaying many monocytic characteristics. It serves as an in vitro model for MONOCYTE and MACROPHAGE differentiation.
Publications294 found, 100 shown here
- Arsenic trioxide selectively induces acute promyelocytic leukemia cell apoptosis via a hydrogen peroxide-dependent pathwayY Jing
Rochelle Belfer Chemotherapy Foundation Laboratory, Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Blood 94:2102-11. 1999..Moreover, As(2)O(3) further inhibits GPX activity and increases cellular H(2)O(2) content in NB4 but not in U937 cells. Selenite pretreatment of NB4 cells increases the activity of GPX, lowers cellular H(2)O(2) levels, and renders ..
- Quercetin arrests G2/M phase and induces caspase-dependent cell death in U937 cellsTae Jin Lee
Department of Immunology and Chronic Disease Research Center, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, 194 DongSan Dong Jung Gu, Taegu 700 712, South Korea
Cancer Lett 240:234-42. 2006..We report here that quercetin induces anti-proliferation and arrests G2/M phase in U937 cells. The G2/M phase accumulation was accompanied by an increase in the level of the cyclin B...
- Fas/FasL signaling allows extracelluar-signal regulated kinase to regulate cytochrome c release in oridonin-induced apoptotic U937 cellsYan Qiu Liu
China Japan Research Institute of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, China
Biol Pharm Bull 29:1873-9. 2006Previously, we found that human histocytic lymphoma U937 cells possessed high susceptibility to oridonin-induced cell death, but the molecular mechanisms in response to oridonin remain unclear...
- Caspase-dependent and caspase-independent apoptosis induced by evodiamine in human leukemic U937 cellsTae Jin Lee
Department of Immunology and Chronic Disease Research Center and Institute for Medical Science, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, 194 DongSan Dong Jung Gu, Taegu 700 712, South Korea
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2398-407. 2006..benzyloxycarbonyl-Val-Ala-Asp-fluoromethyl ketone, which suggested that evodiamine-induced apoptosis in leukemic U937 cells is partially caspase independent...
- Inhibition of HIV-1 infection by synthetic peptides derived CCR5 fragmentsMasaki Imai
Department of Molecular Biology, Nagoya City University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Aichi 467 8601, and Choju Medical Institute, Fukushimura Hospital, Toyohashi, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:851-6. 2007..Thus, these results indicate that CCR5-derived AHB peptides could provide a useful tool to define the mechanism(s) of HIV infection, and may provide insight which will contribute to the development of an anti-HIV-1 reagent...
- Staurosporine induces necroptotic cell death under caspase-compromised conditions in U937 cellsZsuzsanna A Dunai
1st Department of Pathology and Experimental Cancer Research, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
PLoS ONE 7:e41945. 2012..Furthermore, we showed that the CA-074-OMe has a target in the signaling pathway leading to necroptosis. Finally, we could differentiate necroptotic and secondary necrotic processes based on participation of PARP enzyme...
- Staurosporine induces rapid homotypic intercellular adhesion of U937 cells via multiple kinase activationJae Youl Cho
Department of Immunology and Molecular Pathology, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, University College London, 46 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4JF
Br J Pharmacol 140:269-76. 2003..2. In this study, staurosporine is shown to activate rapid homotypic aggregation of U937 cells, at concentrations below those required to induce cell death...
- Intracellular pro-oxidant activity of melatonin deprives U937 cells of reduced glutathione without affecting glutathione peroxidase activityMaria Cristina Albertini
Istituto di Chimica Biologica G Fornaini, Via Saffi 2, 61029 Urbino, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1091:10-6. 2006..Herein we demonstrate a pro-oxidant effect of melatonin in U937 cells by showing an increase of intracellular oxidative species and a depletion of glutathione (GSH)...
- Streptococcal pyrogenic exotoxin B induces apoptosis and reduces phagocytic activity in U937 cellsC F Kuo
Department of Microbiology, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Taiwan, Republic of China
Infect Immun 67:126-30. 1999..of streptococcal pyrogenic exotoxin B (SPE B), a cysteine protease, caused a greater extent of apoptosis in U937 cells. Further study using purified SPE B showed that this protease alone could induce U937 cells to undergo apoptosis,..
- FRET detection of cellular alpha4-integrin conformational activationAlexandre Chigaev
Department of Pathology and Cancer Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Biophys J 85:3951-62. 2003..The coordination between the extension of alpha4-integrin and its affinity provides a mechanism for Dembo's catch-bond concept...
- MJ-29 inhibits tubulin polymerization, induces mitotic arrest, and triggers apoptosis via cyclin-dependent kinase 1-mediated Bcl-2 phosphorylation in human leukemia U937 cellsJai Sing Yang
Department of Pharmacology, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 334:477-88. 2010We investigated the signaling pathways associated with microtubule interaction and apoptosis in U937 cells in vitro and in the U937 xenograft model in vivo by using 6-pyrrolidinyl-2-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-4-quinazolinone (MJ-29)...
- Real-time analysis of conformation-sensitive antibody binding provides new insights into integrin conformational regulationAlexandre Chigaev
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Biol Chem 284:14337-46. 2009..Our data suggest that VLA-4 integrin hybrid domain movement does not depend on the affinity state of the ligand binding pocket...
- Induction of apoptosis by fucoidan in human leukemia U937 cells through activation of p38 MAPK and modulation of Bcl-2 familyHyun Soo Park
Department of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Korea
Mar Drugs 11:2347-64. 2013..release of cytochrome c from mitochondria to cytosol, and loss of mitochondria membrane potential (MMP) in U937 cells. However, apoptosis induced by fucoidan was attenuated by caspase inhibitors, indicating that fucoidan-induced ..
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression is enhanced by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor via Jak2-Stat5 signaling and inhibited by atorvastatin in human monocytic U937 cellsAkihide Tanimoto
Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:4643-51. 2008....
- Molecular signature of retinoic acid treatment in acute promyelocytic leukemiaNatalia Meani
Institute of Molecular Oncology of the Italian Foundation for Cancer Research, Via Adamello 16, 20139 Milan, Italy
Oncogene 24:3358-68. 2005....
- Preferential involvement of both ROS and ceramide in fenretinide-induced apoptosis of HL60 rather than NB4 and U937 cellsLulu Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Shanghai Institute of Hematology, Ruijin Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine SJTU SM, 197 Ruijin Road II, Shanghai 200025, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 405:314-8. 2011..Differentiated modes of action exerting on AML may guide the use of this apoptosis-inducing drug, and hence advance our knowledge about the nature of cancer-specific responses to this drug...
- c-Myc is a critical target for c/EBPalpha in granulopoiesisL M Johansen
Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:3789-806. 2001..This is the first report to demonstrate that C/EBPalpha directly affects the level of c-Myc expression and, thus, the decision of myeloid blasts to enter into the granulocytic differentiation pathway...
- Enhanced phosphorylation of STAT-1 is dependent on double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase signaling in HLA-B27-expressing U937 monocytic cellsMarja Ruuska
National Institute for Health and Welfare, Turku, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 64:772-7. 2012..To study the phosphorylation of STAT-1 in HLA-B27-transfected human monocytic cells and the role of the signaling molecules double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase (PKR) and p38 in STAT-1 phosphorylation...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone inhibits the activation and dysfunction of endothelial cells induced by high glucose concentrationElizabeth Huerta-García
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Mexico DF, Mexico
Steroids 77:233-40. 2012..Adhesion on U937 cells, expression of adhesion molecules, production of ROS and NO, expression of eNOS, and translocation of NF-κB ..
- Overcoming resistance to histone deacetylase inhibitors in human leukemia with the redox modulating compound β-phenylethyl isothiocyanateYumin Hu
Departments of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 116:2732-41. 2010..Such a combination strategy may be an effective therapeutic regimen and have potential clinical application in leukemia...
- MG132 proteasome inhibitor modulates proinflammatory cytokines production and expression of their receptors in U937 cells: involvement of nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1Pablo C Ortiz-Lazareno
División de Inmunología, Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Occidente del IMSS, Guadalajara, Jal Mexico
Immunology 124:534-41. 2008..MG132 increased the release of the soluble receptors TNF-R1 and IL-1R1 from U937 cells and decreased their cell-surface expression...
- Intracellular GSH depletion triggered mitochondrial Bax translocation to accomplish resveratrol-induced apoptosis in the U937 cell linePrasun Guha
Department of Biochemistry, Dr B C Roy Postgraduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences and I P G M E and R, 244B, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata 700 020, India
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 336:206-14. 2011....
- Role of Leishmania (Leishmania) chagasi amastigote cysteine protease in intracellular parasite survival: studies by gene disruption and antisense mRNA inhibitionVasanthakrishna Mundodi
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary AB T2N1N4, Canada
BMC Mol Biol 6:3. 2005..chagasi. Here, we have further characterized this cysteine protease gene and demonstrated its role during infection and survival of Leishmania (L.) chagasi within the U937 macrophage cells...
- Docosahexaenoic acid induces increases in [Ca2+]i via inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate production and activates protein kinase C gamma and -delta via phosphatidylserine binding site: implication in apoptosis in U937 cellsVirginie Aires
Unité Propre de Recherche et de l Enseignement Supérieur, Equipe d Accueil 4183 Lipides and Signalisation Cellulaire, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Mol Pharmacol 72:1545-56. 2007We investigated, in monocytic leukemia U937 cells, the effects of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA; 22:6 n-3) on calcium signaling and determined the implication of phospholipase C (PLC) and protein kinase C (PKC) in this pathway...
- PM2.5 and PM10 induce the expression of adhesion molecules and the adhesion of monocytic cells to human umbilical vein endothelial cellsAngélica Montiel-Dávalos
Department of Cell Biology, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, Mexico
Inhal Toxicol 19:91-8. 2007..The adhesion of monocytic U937 cells to HUVEC and the expression of early (E- and P-selectins) and late (ICAM-1, PECAM-1, VCAM-1) adhesion molecules ..
- Role of surface-exposed loops of Haemophilus influenzae protein P2 in the mitogen-activated protein kinase cascadeStefania Galdiero
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II and Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini, CNR, 80134 Naples, Italy
Infect Immun 71:2798-809. 2003..In particular, the peptides corresponding to loops L5 (Lys206 to Gly219), L6B (Ser239 to Lys253), and L7 (Thr280 to Lys287) activate, as the whole protein, essentially JNK and p38...
- Porins from Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium activate the transcription factors activating protein 1 and NF-kappaB through the Raf-1-mitogen-activated protein kinase cascadeMassimiliano Galdiero
Istituto di Microbiologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, 80138 Naples, Italy
Infect Immun 70:558-68. 2002..Raf-1 was phosphorylated in response to the treatment of U937 cells with porins; moreover, the porin-mediated increase in Raf-1 phosphorylation is accompanied by the ..
- Anionic pulmonary surfactant phospholipids inhibit inflammatory responses from alveolar macrophages and U937 cells by binding the lipopolysaccharide-interacting proteins CD14 and MD-2Koji Kuronuma
Department of Medicine, Program in Cell Biology, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25488-500. 2009..Our data clearly identify important anti-inflammatory properties of the minor surfactant phospholipids at the environmental interface of the lung...
- Cucurbitacin E as a new inhibitor of cofilin phosphorylation in human leukemia U937 cellsSouichi Nakashima
Department of Pharmacognosy, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8412, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:2994-7. 2010..effective concentrations having the same range as the concentrations at which they had cytotoxic effects in U937 cells. In addition, the fibrous-/globular-actin ratio was decreased after treatment with cucurbitacin E in HT1080 ..
- Selective cytotoxicity of intense nanosecond-duration electric pulses in mammalian cellsBennett L Ibey
Radio Frequency Radiation Branch, 711th Human Performance Wing, Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, San Antonio, TX, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:1210-9. 2010..We explored the cytotoxic effect of 10-ns EP (quantitation, mechanisms, efficiency, and specificity) in comparison with 300-ns, 1.8- and 9-μs EP...
- Microarray analysis of response of Salmonella during infection of HLA-B27- transfected human macrophage-like U937 cellsShichao Ge
Department of Infectious Disease Surveillance and Control, National Institute for Health and Welfare, Turku, Finland
BMC Genomics 11:456. 2010..Human monocytic U937 cells transfected with HLA-B27 are less able to eliminate intracellular Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis than ..
- Block of C/EBP alpha function by phosphorylation in acute myeloid leukemia with FLT3 activating mutationsHanna S Radomska
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 203:371-81. 2006....
- Apoptosis is rapidly triggered by antisense depletion of MCL-1 in differentiating U937 cellsD A Moulding
School of Biological Sciences and the Department of Haematology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
Blood 96:1756-63. 2000..b>U937 cells constitutively express the antiapoptotic protein Bcl-2; but during differentiation, in response to the phorbol ..
- Expansion of highly cytotoxic human natural killer cells for cancer cell therapyHiroyuki Fujisaki
Department of Oncology, Hartwell Center for Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer Res 69:4010-7. 2009..The results that we report here provide rationale and practical platform for clinical testing of expanded and activated NK cells for cell therapy of cancer...
- Acinetobacter baumannii outer membrane protein A targets the nucleus and induces cytotoxicityChul Hee Choi
Department of Microbiology, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Cell Microbiol 10:309-19. 2008..We propose a novel pathogenic mechanism of A. baumannii regarding the nuclear targeting of the bacterial structural protein AbOmpA...
- MicroRNAs181 regulate the expression of p27Kip1 in human myeloid leukemia cells induced to differentiate by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3Xuening Wang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07101 1709, USA
Cell Cycle 8:736-41. 2009..Here evidence is provided that an exposure of HL60 and U937 cells to low (1-10 nM) concentrations of 1,25D decreases the expression of miR181a and miR181b in a concentration and ..
- Chromatin modifications induced by PML-RARalpha repress critical targets in leukemogenesis as analyzed by ChIP-ChipClaudia Hoemme
Department of Medicine, Hematology and Oncology and Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research IZKF, University of Munster, Domagkstrasse 3, Munster, Germany
Blood 111:2887-95. 2008..Taken together, our results reveal that the transcription factor PML-RARalpha regulates key cancer-related genes and pathways by inducing a repressed chromatin formation on its direct genomic target genes...
- Anti-proliferative activity of oversulfated fucoidan from commercially cultured Cladosiphon okamuranus TOKIDA in U937 cellsTakeshi Teruya
The United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Kagosima University, 1 21 24 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
Int J Biol Macromol 41:221-6. 2007..The oversulfated fucoidan reduced the proliferation of U937 cells in a dose-dependent manner, but the activity of native fucoidan was weak...
- Molecular characterization of Helicobacter pylori VacA induction of IL-8 in U937 cells reveals a prominent role for p38MAPK in activating transcription factor-2, cAMP response element binding protein, and NF-kappaB activationJunzo Hisatsune
Department of Bacteriology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
J Immunol 180:5017-27. 2008..of inflammatory mediators, we examined the mechanisms by which VacA enhanced IL-8 production by promonocytic U937 cells, which demonstrated the greatest VacA-induced IL-8 release of the cells tested...
- Proteasome inhibitors potentiate leukemic cell apoptosis induced by the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor flavopiridol through a SAPK/JNK- and NF-kappaB-dependent processYun Dai
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Oncogene 22:7108-22. 2003..g., roscovitine), as well as other leukemia cell types (e.g., HL-60, Jurkat, Raji). In U937 cells, synergistic interactions between MG-132 and flavopiridol were associated with multiple perturbations in ..
- Surfactant protein A inhibits peptidoglycan-induced tumor necrosis factor-alpha secretion in U937 cells and alveolar macrophages by direct interaction with toll-like receptor 2Seiji Murakami
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 17, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:6830-7. 2002..However, SP-A significantly reduced PGN-elicited tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) secretion by U937 cells and rat alveolar macrophages...
- Regulation of cell adhesion by affinity and conformational unbending of alpha4beta1 integrinAlexandre Chigaev
Department of Pathology and Cancer Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Immunol 178:6828-39. 2007....
- Beta-sitosterol induces anti-proliferation and apoptosis in human leukemic U937 cells through activation of caspase-3 and induction of Bax/Bcl-2 ratioCheol Park
Department of Biochemistry, Dongeui University, College of Oriental Medicine, Busan, South Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1317-23. 2007..This study investigated the mechanism of apoptosis induced by beta-sitosterol in human leukemic U937 cells. beta-Sitosterol induced cytotoxicity and apoptosis in U937 cells in a concentration dependent manner, as ..
- Gossypol suppresses NF-kappaB activity and NF-kappaB-related gene expression in human leukemia U937 cellsDong Oh Moon
Faculty of Applied Marine Science, Cheju National University, Jeju Special Self Governing Province, 690 756, South Korea
Cancer Lett 264:192-200. 2008..molecular mechanisms of gossypol on NF-kappaB activation and NF-kappaB-related gene expression in human leukemia U937 cells. Treatment with concentrations of gossypol greater than 10 microM resulted in significant cell cytotoxicity and ..
- Apoptosis induction of U937 human leukemia cells by diallyl trisulfide induces through generation of reactive oxygen speciesYung Hyun Choi
Department of Biochemistry, Dongeui University College of Oriental Medicine, San 45, Yangjung dong Busanjin gu, Busan 614 052, Republic of Korea
J Biomed Sci 19:50. 2012..However, the mechanisms of antiproliferative activity in leukemia cells are not fully understood. In this study, the apoptotic effects of DATS were investigated in human leukemia cells...
- Reduction in drug-induced DNA double-strand breaks associated with beta1 integrin-mediated adhesion correlates with drug resistance in U937 cellsL A Hazlehurst
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology and Clinical Investigations Program, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Blood 98:1897-903. 2001..Thus, FN adhesion by means of beta1 integrins appears to protect U937 cells from initial drug-induced DNA damage by reducing topo II activity secondarily to alterations in the nuclear ..
- Respiratory syncytial virus inhibits interferon-alpha-inducible signaling in macrophage-like U937 cellsDong Chi Zhao
Virology Institute, College of Life Science, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430070, China
J Infect 54:393-8. 2007..the putative role of suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) in the IFN-inducible antiviral response in U937 cells. Upon RSV infection of macrophage-like U937 cells, the expression of SOCS1, SOCS3, and CIS mRNA was rapidly ..
- Pro-inflammatory secretory phospholipase A2 type IIA binds to integrins alphavbeta3 and alpha4beta1 and induces proliferation of monocytic cells in an integrin-dependent mannerJun Saegusa
Department of Dermatology, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Biol Chem 283:26107-15. 2008..These results suggest that integrins alphavbeta3 and alpha4beta1 may serve as receptors for sPLA2-IIA and mediate pro-inflammatory action of sPLA2-IIA, and that integrin-sPLA2-IIA interaction is a novel therapeutic target...
- Octylcaffeate induced apoptosis in human leukemia U937 cellsMayuko Ujibe
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cancer Research Institute, Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, Sendai 981 8558, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 28:2338-41. 2005..a semisynthetic caffeic acid derivative, strongly inhibited the growth of human histiolytic lymphoma U937 cells in a dose- and time-dependent manner via apoptosis...
- Apoptosis of U937 cells induced by hematoporphyrin monomethyl ether-mediated sonodynamic actionXiaomin Su
Key Laboratory of Medicinal Resources and Natural Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Ministry of Education, National Engineering Laboratory for Resource Developing of Endangered Chinese Crude Drugs in Northwest of China, College of Life Sciences, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 28:207-17. 2013The present study aims to investigate apoptosis of U937 cells induced by hematoporphyrin monomethyl ether (HMME)-mediated sonodynamic therapy (SDT).
- HIV-1 TAR element is processed by Dicer to yield a viral micro-RNA involved in chromatin remodeling of the viral LTRZachary Klase
Immunology, Microbiology and Tropical Medicine program, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, District of Columbia 20037, USA
BMC Mol Biol 8:63. 2007..There is growing evidence that many viruses have developed in the context of RNAi and express either a suppressor of RNAi or their own viral miRNA...
- Role of NADPH oxidase in arsenic-induced reactive oxygen species formation and cytotoxicity in myeloid leukemia cellsWen Chien Chou
Program of Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4578-83. 2004..Our findings pinpoint the arsenic target of ROS production and provide a conceptual basis for an anticancer regimen...
- Morphofunctional study of 12-O-tetradecanoyl-13-phorbol acetate (TPA)-induced differentiation of U937 cells under exposure to a 6 mT static magnetic fieldLuciana Dini
Department of Biological and Environmental Science and Technology Disteba, University of Salento, Via per Monteroni, Lecce, Italy
Bioelectromagnetics 30:352-64. 2009..SMF) during differentiation induced by 50 ng/ml 12-O-tetradecanoyl-13-phorbol acetate (TPA) in human leukaemia U937 cells. The cell morphology of U937 cells was investigated by optic and electron microscopy...
- Establishment of persistent infection with HIV-1 abrogates the caspase-3-dependent apoptotic signaling pathway in U937 cellsY Tanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Nara Medical University, Nara, Kashihara, 634, Japan
Exp Cell Res 247:514-24. 1999Treatment of 26L cells, a subclone obtained from U937 cells, with TNF-alpha or DNA-damaging agents such as teniposide (VM26) and camptothecin (CPT) induced morphologically and biochemically typical apoptotic changes, including the ..
- Genes and genetic networks responsive to mild hyperthermia in human lymphoma U937 cellsYoshiaki Tabuchi
Division of Molecular Genetics Research, Life Science Research Center, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Int J Hyperthermia 24:613-22. 2008..hyperthermia, we investigated gene expression patterns and genetic networks in human myelomonocytic lymphoma U937 cells using high-density oligonucleotide microarrays and computational gene expression analysis tools...
- A selective defect of IFN-gamma- but not of IFN-alpha-induced JAK/STAT pathway in a subset of U937 clones prevents the antiretroviral effect of IFN-gamma against HIV-1C Bovolenta
AIDS Immunophatogenesis Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Immunol 162:323-30. 1999....
- Genetic networks responsive to low-intensity pulsed ultrasound in human lymphoma U937 cellsYoshiaki Tabuchi
Division of Molecular Genetics Research, Life Science Research Center, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Cancer Lett 270:286-94. 2008..low-intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS), gene expression patterns and genetic networks in human lymphoma U937 cells were examined using global-scale microarrays and computational gene expression analysis tools...
- Signal transduction of p53-independent apoptotic pathway induced by hexavalent chromium in U937 cellsYoko Hayashi
Department of Radiological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 197:96-106. 2004..When human lymphoma U937 cells, p53 mutated cells, were treated with 20 microM Cr(VI) for 24 h, nuclear morphological changes and DNA ..
- Key regulators in bee venom-induced apoptosis are Bcl-2 and caspase-3 in human leukemic U937 cells through downregulation of ERK and AktDong Oh Moon
Faculty of Applied Marine Science, Cheju National University, Jeju, South Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 6:1796-807. 2006..In the present study, we report that BV induces apoptosis in leukemic U937 cells through downregulation of ERK and Akt signal pathway...
- Tetrandrine-induced apoptosis is mediated by activation of caspases and PKC-delta in U937 cellsByeong Churl Jang
Chronic Disease Research Center, Institute for Medical Science, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, Daegu 700 712, South Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 67:1819-29. 2004..Tetrandrine inhibited U937 cell growth by inducing apoptosis. After treatment of U937 cells with tetrandrine (10microM) for 24h, alteration of cell morphology, chromatin fragmentation, cytochrome c ..
- ERK MAPK activation mediates the antiapoptotic signaling of melatonin in UVB-stressed U937 cellsF Luchetti
Institute of Morphological Sciences, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Urbino, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 46:339-51. 2009..Human monocytic U937 cells irradiated with UVB light were used as a model of stress-induced apoptosis...
- Halichlorine reduces monocyte adhesion to endothelium through the suppression of nuclear factor-kappaB activationYoshiki Tsubosaka
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 113:208-13. 2010..Herein, we provided the first evidence that halichlorine inhibits LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation, which results in the suppression of VCAM-1, ICAM-1, and E-selectin gene expression and monocyte-adhesion to endothelial cells...
- Staphylococcus aureus metalloprotease aureolysin cleaves complement C3 to mediate immune evasionAlexander J Laarman
University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 186:6445-53. 2011..In short, aureolysin acts in synergy with host regulators to inactivate C3 thereby effectively dampening the host immune response...
- Evidence for IL-6 promoter nuclear activation in U937 cells stimulated with Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium porinsEmiliana Finamore
Department of Experimental Medicine, Section of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Eur Cytokine Netw 20:140-7. 2009....
- Talin-1 and kindlin-3 regulate alpha4beta1 integrin-mediated adhesion stabilization, but not G protein-coupled receptor-induced affinity upregulationSharon J Hyduk
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada
J Immunol 187:4360-8. 2011..Talin-1 contributed to α(4)β(1)-dependent chemotaxis, suggesting that it participates in a later stage of the leukocyte adhesion cascade when the leukocyte cytoskeleton undergoes dramatic rearrangement...
- Thrombospondin 1 promotes tumor macrophage recruitment and enhances tumor cell cytotoxicity of differentiated U937 cellsGema Martin-Manso
Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 68:7090-9. 2008..Furthermore, soluble TSP1 stimulates killing of breast carcinoma and melanoma cells by IFN-gamma-differentiated U937 cells in vitro via release of reactive oxygen species...
- Human alpha-thrombin stimulates proliferation of interferon-gamma differentiated, growth-arrested U937 cells, overcoming differentiation-related changes in expression of p21CIP1/WAF1 and cyclin D1Antonella Naldini
Institute of General Physiology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Cell Physiol 191:290-7. 2002..We recently demonstrated that interferon-gamma (IFNgamma)-differentiated U937 cells show increased expression of the proteolytically activated receptor for thrombin (PAR-1) relative to ..
- Depletion of intracellular NAD(+) and ATP levels during ricin-induced apoptosis through the specific ribosomal inactivation results in the cytolysis of U937 cellsN Komatsu
Division of Biochemistry, Faculty of Fisheries, Nagasaki University, Bunkyo Machi, Nagasaki, 852 8521, Japan
J Biochem 128:463-70. 2000Our previous studies demonstrated that ricin induces the apoptotic death of U937 cells as evidenced by DNA fragmentation, nuclear morphological changes, and increases in caspase-like activities...
- Matrine-induced apoptosis in leukemia U937 cells: involvement of caspases activation and MAPK-independent pathwaysXiao Shan Liu
Center for Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Shantou University, Shantou, P R China
Planta Med 72:501-6. 2006..has anti-leukemia activity. In this study, we find that the treatment of leukemia U937 cells with matrine results in induction of apoptosis...
- Phosphorylation of C/EBPalpha inhibits granulopoiesisSarah E Ross
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 E Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:675-86. 2004..Thus, myeloid development is partly regulated by an ERK1/2-mediated change in the conformation of C/EBPalpha that favors monocyte differentiation by blocking granulopoiesis...
- Sphingosine kinase type 2 inhibition elevates circulating sphingosine 1-phosphateYugesh Kharel
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Biochem J 447:149-57. 2012..Thus both SphK1 and SphK2 inhibitors recapitulate the blood S1P levels observed in the corresponding null mice. Moreover, circulating S1P levels mirror SphK2 inhibitor levels, providing a convenient biomarker of target engagement...
- Development of amidine-based sphingosine kinase 1 nanomolar inhibitors and reduction of sphingosine 1-phosphate in human leukemia cellsAndrew J Kennedy
Department of Chemistry, University of Virginia, McCormick Road, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904, United States
J Med Chem 54:3524-48. 2011..Lastly, select amidine inhibitors were validated in human leukemia U937 cells, where they significantly reduced endogenous S1P levels at nanomolar concentrations.
- Mechanism of cell death by 5-aminolevulinic acid-based photodynamic action and its enhancement by ferrochelatase inhibitors in human histiocytic lymphoma cell line U937Takashi Amo
Department of Cytology and Histology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Cell Biochem Funct 27:503-15. 2009..the level of which decreased rapidly by eliminating ALA from the incubation medium in human histiocytic lymphoma U937 cells. PDA induced apoptosis characterized by lipid peroxidation, increase in Bak and Bax/Bcl-xL, decrease in Bid, ..
- Proteomic analysis of human U937 cell line activation mediated by Haemophilus influenzae type b P2 porin and its surface-exposed loop 7Valeria Severino
Department of Life Science, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, I 81100 Caserta, Italy
J Proteome Res 9:1050-62. 2010..The results constitute the basis for dissecting signal transduction cascades activated by P2 stimulation and gain insights into the molecular events involved in the modulation of pathogen-host cell interactions...
- Effect of alcohol on drug efflux protein and drug metabolic enzymes in U937 macrophagesMengyao Jin
University of Missouri Kansas City, 64108, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:132-9. 2011..The U937 cell line has been utilized as an in vitro model of human macrophages...
- Extracellular-superoxide dismutase expression during monocytic differentiation of U937 cellsTetsuro Kamiya
Department of Biomedical Pharmaceutics, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu 501 1196, Japan
J Cell Biochem 112:244-55. 2011..Here, we explored the regulation of EC-SOD during the monocytic differentiation of U937 cells by TPA...
- Resveratrol protects leukemic cells against cytotoxicity induced by proteasome inhibitors via induction of FOXO1 and p27Kip1Xiao Fang Niu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, PR China
BMC Cancer 11:99. 2011..The current study was designed to investigate whether resveratrol could sensitize leukemic cells to proteasome inhibitors...
- Cell cycle specific induction of apoptosis and necrosis by paclitaxel in the leukemic U937 cellsPei Chin Liao
Faculty of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine Institute of Biotechnology in Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan 112, Republic of China
Life Sci 76:1623-39. 2005Induction of cell apoptosis and necrosis by paclitaxel was investigated in human leukemic U937 cells. To explore whether paclitaxel induces both apoptosis and necrosis in different cell cycle stages, we synchronized the cells in G1, S and ..
- The acute promyelocytic leukemia-associated protein, promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger, regulates 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3)-induced monocytic differentiation of U937 cells through a physical interaction with vitamin D(3) receptorJ O Ward
Programs of Cell Biology and Human Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 98:3290-300. 2001..In addition, stable, inducible expression of PLZF in U937 cells inhibited the ability of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) to induce surface expression of the monocytic marker CD14 and ..
- lbtA and lbtB are required for production of the Legionella pneumophila siderophore legiobactinKimberly A Allard
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, 320 East Superior St, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3010, USA
J Bacteriol 188:1351-63. 2006..The discovery of lbtAB represents the first identification of genes required for L. pneumophila siderophore expression...
- The type II secretion system of Legionella pneumophila elaborates two aminopeptidases, as well as a metalloprotease that contributes to differential infection among protozoan hostsOmbeline Rossier
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, 320 East Superior Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 3010, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:753-61. 2008..pneumophila gene that shows differential importance among protozoan infection models, suggesting that the legionellae might have evolved some of its factors to especially target certain of their protozoan hosts...
- Modulation of ceramide-induced NF-kappaB binding activity and apoptotic response by caffeic acid in U937 cells: comparison with other antioxidantsM Nardini
Free Radical Research Group, National Institute for Food and Nutrition Research, Rome, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 30:722-33. 2001..present in human diet, in the modulation of ceramide-induced signal transduction pathway leading to apoptosis in U937 cells, in comparison with other established antioxidants of nutritional interest (N-acetylcysteine, d-alpha-tocopherol ..
- Role of group VIA calcium-independent phospholipase A2 in arachidonic acid release, phospholipid fatty acid incorporation, and apoptosis in U937 cells responding to hydrogen peroxideRebeca Pérez
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Valladolid School of Medicine, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:40385-91. 2004..In the present study, we followed the opposite strategy and prepared U937 cells that exhibited enhanced iPLA activity by stably expressing a plasmid containing iPLA2 cDNA...
- High IL-21 receptor expression and apoptosis induction by IL-21 in follicular lymphomaNorihiko Akamatsu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Cancer Lett 256:196-206. 2007..More importantly, IL-21 decreased Bcl-2 expression but increased Bax expression. These results support a new therapeutic approach using the IL-21/IL-21R system in follicular lymphoma...
- The PRC1 Polycomb group complex interacts with PLZF/RARA to mediate leukemic transformationHanane Boukarabila
Centre d Immunologie de Marseille Luminy CIML, Universite de la Mediterranee, Campus de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 09, France
Genes Dev 23:1195-206. 2009..We further show that Bmi-1 is essential for the PLZF/RARA cellular transformation property and implicates a central role for PRC1 in PLZF/RARA-mediated myeloid leukemic development...
- Activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 (JNK1) in mistletoe lectin II-induced apoptosis of human myeloleukemic U937 cellsR Park
Department of Microbiology, Professional Graduate School of Oriental Medicine, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, 570 749, Iksan Chonbuk, South Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 60:1685-91. 2000..of beta-galactoside- and N-acetyl-d-galactosamine-specific mistletoe lectin II in inducing apoptotic death of U937 cells. Three distinct components of mistletoe, including beta-galactoside- and N-acetyl-D-galactosamine-specific ..
- PMA induces stabilization of oncostatin M mRNA in human lymphoma U937 cellsSumita Bandyopadhyay
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Biochem J 410:177-86. 2008..Consistent with this, synthetic OSM mRNA transcripts decayed faster in extracts of untreated U937 cells than in extracts of PMA-treated cells...
- Peroxidation of proteins before lipids in U937 cells exposed to peroxyl radicalsS Gieseg
Free Radical Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochem J 350:215-8. 2000..b>U937 cells exposed to peroxyl radicals generated by the thermal decomposition of a water-soluble azo compound gradually ..
- Combination of withaferin A and X-ray irradiation enhances apoptosis in U937 cellsEun Sun Yang
Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, Daegu, South Korea
Toxicol In Vitro 25:1803-10. 2011..In this study, we show that Wit A enhances the ionizing radiation (IR)-induced apoptosis in human lymphoma U937 cells. Wit A-enhanced IR-induced apoptosis is associated with the PARP cleavage, caspase-3 activation, as well as ..
- Heat shock effect upon dengue virus replication into U937 cellsSalvador Chávez-Salinas
Departamento de Patologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Av I P N 2508, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, México D F C P 07360, Mexico
Virus Res 138:111-8. 2008..Interestingly, since heat shock treatment at 6h post-infection also increased viral yields, it is likely that HS also modulates positively dengue virus replication...
- Bioactivity-guided identification and cell signaling technology to delineate the immunomodulatory effects of Panax ginseng on human promonocytic U937 cellsDavy C W Lee
Cytokine Biology Group, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, PR China
J Transl Med 7:34. 2009..However, the mechanisms underlying ginseng's effects remain to be investigated. We hypothesize some biological effects of ginseng are due to its anti-inflammatory effects...
- Antibody-dependent enhancement of dengue virus infection in U937 cells requires cholesterol-rich membrane microdomainsHenry Puerta-Guardo
Departamento de Infectómica y Patogénesis Molecular, CINVESTAV IPN, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Gen Virol 91:394-403. 2010..In this work, we present evidence which indicates that intact lipid rafts are required for the ADE infection of U937 cells with DENV...
- Discovery of very late antigen-4 (VLA-4, alpha4beta1 integrin) allosteric antagonistsAlexandre Chigaev
Department of Pathology and Cancer Center, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Biol Chem 286:5455-63. 2011..Because all the identified compounds are structurally related, previously used, or currently marketed drugs, this result opens a range of therapeutic possibilities for VLA-4-related pathologies...
- Conformational mAb as a tool for integrin ligand discoveryBen H Njus
Department of Chemistry, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 7:507-15. 2009..This novel approach described here can be used to determine ligand-binding affinities for unlabeled integrin ligands, and can be adapted to a high-throughput screening format for identification of unknown integrin ligands...
- Vitamin C inhibits FAS-induced apoptosis in monocytes and U937 cellsIsabel Perez-Cruz
Program in Molecular Pharmacology and Chemistry, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 102:336-43. 2003..These studies illuminate the nature of redox-dependent signaling in FAS-induced apoptosis of human monocytes and suggest that vitamin C can modulate the immune system by inhibiting FAS-induced monocyte death...
- Costunolide triggers apoptosis in human leukemia U937 cells by depleting intracellular thiolsJung Hye Choi
College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 701, Korea
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:1327-33. 2002..the underlying mechanisms and suggest that costunolide induces apoptosis in human promonocytic leukemia U937 cells by depleting the intracellular thiols...
- Quercetin induces tumor-selective apoptosis through downregulation of Mcl-1 and activation of BaxSenping Cheng
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:5679-91. 2010..To investigate the in vivo antitumor efficacy of quercetin in U937 xenografts and the functional roles of Mcl-1 and Bax in quercetin-induced apoptosis in human leukemia...
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate antagonizes apoptosis of human leukemia cells by inhibiting release of cytochrome c and Smac/DIABLO from mitochondriaO Cuvillier
INSERM U466, Toulouse, France
Blood 98:2828-36. 2001....
- Role of SAMHD1 nuclear localization in restriction of HIV-1 and SIVmacAlberto Brandariz-Nuñez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Bronx, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Retrovirology 9:49. 2012..The viral accessory protein Vpx overcomes the SAMHD1-mediated lentiviral block by inducing its proteasomal degradation...
- Bcl-2 overexpression attenuates resveratrol-induced apoptosis in U937 cells by inhibition of caspase-3 activityJ W Park
Department of Immunology, Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, 194 DongSan-Dong Jung-Gu, Taegu, Korea
Carcinogenesis 22:1633-9. 2001..In addition, these findings indicate that Bcl-2 inhibits resveratrol-induced apoptosis by a mechanism that interferes with cytochrome c release and activity of caspase-3 that is involved in the execution of apoptosis...
- Caffeic acid phenethyl ester induces mitochondria-mediated apoptosis in human myeloid leukemia U937 cellsUn Ho Jin
Department of Biological Sciences, Molecular and Cellular Glycobiology Unit, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Chunchun dong, Jangan gu, Suwon City, Kyunggi Do 440 746, Korea
Mol Cell Biochem 310:43-8. 2008..In this study, we investigated the mechanism of CAPE-induced apoptosis in human myeloid leukemia U937 cells. Treatment of U937 cells with CAPE decreased cell viability in a dose-dependent and time-dependent manner...
- CDP/CUT AND MYELOID DIFFERENTIATIONNancy Berliner; Fiscal Year: 2001..We have studied U937 cells that overexpress C/EBPa, in which C/EBPa overexpression induces expression of LF and other secondary granule ..
- NUCLEOTIDE-MEDIATED LEUKOCYTE STIMULATIONSatya Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2004..loop of the LTB4 receptor specifically inhibit LTB4-, ATP- and ADP-, but not fMLP-, induced Mac-i expression on U937 cells. The differences in nucleotide- and LTB4 receptor mediated signaling will be evaluated to understand the ..
- Mechanisms of a Novel Chemotactic Cofactor for C5aRICHARD KEW; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second specific aim will investigate how DBP enhances chemotaxis to C5a using human neutrophils and U937 cells in vitro...
- Mechanisms of a Novel Chemotactic Cofactor for C5aRichard R Kew; Fiscal Year: 2011..The second specific aim will investigate how DBP enhances chemotaxis to C5a using human neutrophils and U937 cells in vitro...
- SRP RNA level as a determinant of leishmanial parasitism of macrophagesGautam Chaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2009..More importantly, over expression of 7SL RNA in J774G8 or U937 cells confers resistance to Leishmania infection...
- CELLULAR REGULATION OF BLOOD CLOTTINGMarc Shuman; Fiscal Year: 1992..Similar studies will be done in vitro with cultured rat hepatocyte and human U937 cells. Structure-function relationships will be studied by site-directed mutagenesis of the a-subunit cDNA and ..
- HUMAN N FORMYL PEPTIDE RECEPTOR--REGULATION AND GENETICSDavid Haviland; Fiscal Year: 2000..Our immediate objectives are to: l) examine the transcriptional and translational regulation of the fMLF-R using U937 cells as a model for neutrophils using reporter gene constructs and cytokines; 2) using ligand binding studies examine ..
- M TUBERCULOSIS SURVIVAL IN MACROPHAGESRichard Friedman; Fiscal Year: 1999..tuberculosis library that reproducibly confers enhanced survival in U937 cells, and has isolated several cosmid clones, using the same strategy. The specific aims are: 1) To screen M...
- Cell Survival Pathways and Inhibitors in LeukemiaAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, U937 cells are insensitive to the MEK inhibitor but are sensitized to vinblastine by an inhibitor of PI3-kinase...
- REGULATION OF TISSUE FACTOR PATHWAY INHIBITOR EXPRESSIONMADHU BAJAJ; Fiscal Year: 2000..will define the adhesion response elements in the TFPI gene that upregulate TFPI expression in monocytes and U937 cells. The applicant has also found that fibroblasts significantly upregulate TFPI expression in response to serum and ..
- HUMAN LEUKOCYTE RECEPTORS FOR CHEMOTACTIC PEPTIDESGeorg Fey; Fiscal Year: 1990..cDNA libraries will be prepared from peripheral blood neutrophil mRNA and mRNA from phorbol-ester stimulated U937 cells and screened with oligonucleotide probes derived from amino acid sequences of both receptors...
- BIOLOGIC ROLE OF PHAGOCYTOSIS-INDUCING FACTORJoseph Margolick; Fiscal Year: 1991..Preliminary data suggest that PIF may be a differentiation- inducing factor for U937 cells and possibly other cells and that PIF may play an important role in the regulation of immunological interactions ..
- BIOLOGY OF FACTOR XIIIJAN MC DONAGH; Fiscal Year: 1992..Experiments will be conducted with U937 cells (monocyte line) for intracellular factor XIII and with hepatoma cell lines for plasma factor XIII...
- ISOLATION OF CDNA'S FOR HLA CLASS II TRANSACTING FACTORSBenjamin Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 1992..YB- 1 cDNA will be transfected into inducible U937 cells to test the ability of YB-1 by itself, and later with other binding factors to induce class II expression...
- FUNCTION OF C3B AND C3BI RECEPTORS ON U937 CELLSRavindra Mehta; Fiscal Year: 1990..More recently, we have used these probes to study Fc receptors and C3b receptors on U937 cells. We have demonstrated the presence of C3b receptors on U937 cells and have shown that C3b receptors alone, do ..
- HIV-HSV INTERACTIONS IN VITROMARY NIES; Fiscal Year: 1993..and early genes linked to CAT constructs, followed by whole virus HIV-1 or HSV superinfection in CEM or U937 cells. HIV will be compared to HSV for its ability to activate the HSV promoter CAT constructs...
- STRUCTURE AND BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION OF THE MONOKINE ECEFDavid Silberstein; Fiscal Year: 1993..Earlier studies showed that LPS-stimulated monocytes or PMA/LPS- stimulated U937 cells produce a factor that enhances eosinophil cytotoxic function in vitro. This factor (ECEF) has now been purified...
- Innate Immunity, HIV, and OIs: Role of TLRs in the LungPaul Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2004..alveolar macrophages, AMs) to most closely mimic the in vivo situation, and monoblastoid cell lines (U1 and U937 cells) to model the patient-derived cells and study the detailed mechanisms of these alterations...
- The Role of RGS18 in Mouse HematopoiesisMichael Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Over-expression of RGS 18 in myelomonocytic U937 cells induces differentiation and cell death, and over-expression in pro-B cell line BaIF3 inhibits cell migration ..
- ANTIAPOPTOTIC PROPERTIES OF MAP KINASE PHOSPHATASE 1Christopher Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is our hypothesis that MKP-1 provides cytoprotection against genotoxic stress-induced apoptosis in U937 cells by attenuating the activation of SAPK or a SAPK- like protein kinase...
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal is to understand the role of ketosis in CVD and to discover a relatively low-cost dietary supplement that could be used as an adjuvant therapy for CVD prevention in type 1 diabetes. ..
- Adjuvant Therapy for Vascular Inflammation in DiabetesSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSIS & ACTIVATION OF HIV1 IN LUNGMahmood Ghassemi; Fiscal Year: 2002..AIM 5: To examine the role of cell-cell contact between HIV and Mtb infected AM, HPAE and lymphocytes; in particular they will examine the role of ICAM-1 in this process. ..
- Development of Novel Regimens for the Prevention of Chronic Renal FailureCARL SHELLEY; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this way we expect to provide proof-of-principal for new therapeutic regimens that reduce the ability of hypoxia to cause CRF. ..
- Lipid Raft Microdomains in Neutrophil FunctionROBERT GARY SITRIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Hopefully, targeting the function of lipid raft microdomains will engender new therapeutic strategies for enhancing antimicrobial defenses and suppressing the deleterious effects of acute inflammation. ..
- The Urokinase-CD87 System in Macrophage ActivationRobert Sitrin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Assay for Formylpeptide Receptor Family Ligands(RMI)Bruce Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect that such compounds will prove to be important tools with which to advance the understanding and therapy of inflammation-associated diseases. ..
- Sphingolipid signaling induced by LDL immune complexesSamar M Hammad; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our data demonstrate that exposure of U937 cells to oxLDL-IC led to increased cell survival, and to translocation and secretion of sphingosine kinase (SK)...
- Advancing High Throughput Flow CytometryBruce S Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Oxidant Stress: Is it a biomarker of disease progression and response to therapyJesse Roman; Fiscal Year: 2010..End of Abstract) ..
- Inhibition of Macrophage Innate Immunity in TuberculosisWILLIAM NAUSEEF; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Preclinical Evaluation of Bcr/Abl-Directed TyrphostinsScott Kaufmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Single Cell Phosphoprofiling of Diabetic Immune CellsGarry Nolan; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will provide information that could point to new targets for drugs to treat diabetes. ..
- 2007 Atherosclerosis Gordon Research ConferenceMichael Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2007..The [unreadable] conference will provide a comprehensive overview of current research on [unreadable] atherosclerosis with a focus on the latest and most exciting developments in the field. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2-5A Antisense Targeting of Telomerase RNADouglas Leaman; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will also impact other antisense products under development by improving the effectiveness of the 2-A antisense technology. ..
- Impact of the interferon regulated proteins XAF1 and ZNF313 on innate immunityDouglas W Leaman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- HOMOCYSTEINE, INFLAMMATION, AND ATHEROGENESISMichael Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2001..Under Aim 2, the investigator will determine the mechanism by which HC and lipid accumulation alter glutathione and NADH/NADPH metabolism, thereby activating macrophages in vitro. ..
- INTERACTION OF CLQ ON PHAGOCYTIC CELLSAndrea Joan Tenner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ROLE OF C/EBPalpha AND MYELOPOIESISDaniel G Tenen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR MUTATIONS AND HUMAN AMLDaniel Tenen; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide information concerning the pathogenesis and treatment of AML, as well as develop techniques applicable to other human cancers. ..
- Chemoprevention of prostate cancer by resveratrolTze Chen Hsieh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- FLOW CYTOMETRY, SAMPLE HANDLING AND CELL ADHESIONLarry Sklar; Fiscal Year: 2003..The technological capabilities that result will extend flow cytometry to ligand binding, high throughput cell screening, and automation of complex sample handling procedures. ..
- Neutralizing Compounds for Viral Hemorrhagic FeverRichard Larson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Meeting of American Society for Reproductive Immunology:Gil Mor; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Gene expression of Borrelia during Babesia coinfectionJames Coleman; Fiscal Year: 2004..burgdorferi and B. microti alone and concurrently. ..
- MOLECULAR TARGETS OF NITRIC OXIDE IN CARDIAC TRANSPLANTSGALEN PIEPER; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide a novel mechanism to explain the pathogenesis of dyskinesis and graft failure during cardiac transplant rejection. ..
- Endothelial-Smooth Muscle Cell Interactions in CocultureGEORGE TRUSKEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this research will provide a new method to culture endothelium that more closely mimics the physical interaction found in vivo. This system is applicable to development of tissue-engineered vascular grafts. ..
- ACTIVATION OF CELL SUICIDE IN THE IMMUNE SYSTEMDavid Ucker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF HIV-1 GENE TRANSCRIPTION IN CNSBassel Sawaya; Fiscal Year: 2004..The outcome from these molecular studies will generate important and unique information, which could be translated into devising and utilizing an effective strategy for the prevention and treatment of HIV-l induced CNS injury in AIDS. ..
- AGING AND APOPTOTIC MODULATION OF IMMUNE RESPONSIVENESSDavid Ucker; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Death Receptor Signaling and Mercury ImmunotoxicityMichael McCabe; Fiscal Year: 2006..A third specific aim will employ a mouse model to test whether disruption of CD95-mediated cell death by Hg intoxication in vivo enhances the survival of autoreactive T lymphocytes. ..
- HoxA10 Function During Myeloid DifferentiationElizabeth Eklund; Fiscal Year: 2006..These investigations will identify the molecular mechanisms of target gene regulation by HoxA10, which may suggest a role for HoxA10 in differentiation block in myeloid leukemia. ..
- The Role of GPR30 in Advanced Endometrial CancerEric Prossnitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Triazine library as a novel microtubule regulatoryYoung Tae Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Rational design of a stronger tubulin binder and to identify other cellular targets of tubulyzine. ..
- Genetic Studies of Immune Responsiveness to CockroachKathleen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also examine the interactive effect of current cockroach allergen exposure and susceptibility loci associated with asthma severity. ..
- INTRACELLULAR T CELL REGULATORS OF HIV-1Garry Nolan; Fiscal Year: 2004..The roles of these evolutionarily disparate Rel molecules in T cells will be dissected with regards to their activity upon the HIV-1 enhancer and promoter region. ..
- STATS in Bryostatin 1 induced differentiation of CLLTraci Battle; Fiscal Year: 2003..particularly when combined with other antileukemia drugs. ..
- Multiplex Screening for ABC Transporter InhibitorsRichard Larson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A novel intracellular 7TM estrogen receptor in breastEric R Prossnitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..