Genomes and Genes
cd8 positive t lymphocytes
Summary: A critical subpopulation of regulatory T-lymphocytes involved in MHC Class I-restricted interactions. They include both cytotoxic T-lymphocytes (T-LYMPHOCYTES, CYTOTOXIC) and suppressor T-lymphocytes (T-LYMPHOCYTES, SUPPRESSOR-EFFECTOR).
Publications261 found, 100 shown here
- HIV nonprogressors preferentially maintain highly functional HIV-specific CD8+ T cellsMichael R Betts
Immunology Laboratory, Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 107:4781-9. 2006..Thus, rather than quantity or phenotype, the quality of the CD8(+) T-cell functional response serves as an immune correlate of HIV disease progression and a potential qualifying factor for evaluation of HIV vaccine efficacy...
- PD-1 expression on HIV-specific T cells is associated with T-cell exhaustion and disease progressionCheryl L Day
HIV Pathogenesis Programme, Doris Duke Medical Research Institute, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban 4013, South Africa
Nature 443:350-4. 2006..Moreover, this pathway of reversible T-cell impairment provides a potential target for enhancing the function of exhausted T cells in chronic HIV infection...
- Restoring function in exhausted CD8 T cells during chronic viral infectionDaniel L Barber
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nature 439:682-7. 2006..These studies identify a specific mechanism of T-cell exhaustion and define a potentially effective immunological strategy for the treatment of chronic viral infections...
- CD8+ T-cell responses to different HIV proteins have discordant associations with viral loadPhotini Kiepiela
HIV Pathogenesis Programme, Doris Duke Medical Research Institute, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban 4013, South Africa
Nat Med 13:46-53. 2007..These population-based data, suggesting the existence of both effective immune responses and responses lacking demonstrable biological impact in chronic HIV infection, are of relevance to HIV vaccine design and evaluation...
- Coregulation of CD8+ T cell exhaustion by multiple inhibitory receptors during chronic viral infectionShawn D Blackburn
Immunology Program and Wistar Vaccine Center, Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Immunol 10:29-37. 2009..Thus, CD8+ T cell responses during chronic viral infections are regulated by complex patterns of coexpressed inhibitory receptors...
- Regulatory T cells, tumour immunity and immunotherapyWeiping Zou
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0346, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 6:295-307. 2006..Strategies for therapeutic targeting of regulatory T cells and the effect of regulatory T cells on current immunotherapeutic and vaccine regimens are discussed...
- Sensitive and viable identification of antigen-specific CD8+ T cells by a flow cytometric assay for degranulationMichael R Betts
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 40 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol Methods 281:65-78. 2003....
- Selective expression of the interleukin 7 receptor identifies effector CD8 T cells that give rise to long-lived memory cellsSusan M Kaech
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nat Immunol 4:1191-8. 2003..Thus, selective expression of IL-7R identifies memory cell precursors, and this marker may be useful in predicting the number of memory T cells generated after infection or immunization...
- Molecular signature of CD8+ T cell exhaustion during chronic viral infectionE John Wherry
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road Room G211, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Immunity 27:670-84. 2007..Thus, functional exhaustion is probably due to both active suppression and passive defects in signaling and metabolism. These results provide a framework for designing rational immunotherapies during chronic infections...
- Superior control of HIV-1 replication by CD8+ T cells is reflected by their avidity, polyfunctionality, and clonal turnoverJorge R Almeida
Cellular Immunology Laboratory, U543, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Avenir Group, 75013 Paris, France
J Exp Med 204:2473-85. 2007..Such attributes are interlinked and constitute the basis for effective control of HIV-1 replication. These data on the features of effective CD8+ T cells in HIV infection may aid in the development of successful T cell vaccines...
- Inflammation directs memory precursor and short-lived effector CD8(+) T cell fates via the graded expression of T-bet transcription factorNikhil S Joshi
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Immunity 27:281-95. 2007..These results elucidate a mechanism by which the innate immune system sets the relative amounts of a lineage-determining transcription factor in activated CD8(+) T cells and, correspondingly, regulates their memory cell potential...
- Effector and memory CD8+ T cell fate coupled by T-bet and eomesoderminAndrew M Intlekofer
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Immunol 6:1236-44. 2005..Therefore, these key transcription factors link the long-term renewal of memory CD8(+) T cells to their characteristic effector potency...
- Prevalence of regulatory T cells is increased in peripheral blood and tumor microenvironment of patients with pancreas or breast adenocarcinomaUdaya K Liyanage
Alvin J Siteman Cancer Center, Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Immunol 169:2756-61. 2002..These T(reg) may mitigate the immune response against cancer, and may partly explain the poor immune response against tumor Ags...
- Immunologic self-tolerance maintained by activated T cells expressing IL-2 receptor alpha-chains (CD25). Breakdown of a single mechanism of self-tolerance causes various autoimmune diseasesS Sakaguchi
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology PRESTO, Research and Development Corporation of Japan JRDC, Tsukuba Life Science Center
J Immunol 155:1151-64. 1995..Abnormality of this T cell-mediated mechanism of peripheral tolerance can be a possible cause of various autoimmune diseases...
- Type I interferons act directly on CD8 T cells to allow clonal expansion and memory formation in response to viral infectionGanesh A Kolumam
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
J Exp Med 202:637-50. 2005..Thus, IFN-IR signaling in CD8 T cells is critical for the generation of effector and memory cells in response to viral infection...
- Selective stimulation of T cell subsets with antibody-cytokine immune complexesOnur Boyman
Department of Immunology, IMM4, Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 311:1924-7. 2006..Thus, different cytokine-antibody complexes can be used to selectively boost or inhibit the immune response...
- HIV-specific CD8+ T cell proliferation is coupled to perforin expression and is maintained in nonprogressorsStephen A Migueles
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Nat Immunol 3:1061-8. 2002..In addition, the relative absence of these functions in progressors may represent a mechanism by which HIV avoids immunological control...
- The nature of small-airway obstruction in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseJames C Hogg
University of British Columbia, the Centre for Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Research, and St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
N Engl J Med 350:2645-53. 2004..We examined the evolution of the pathological effects of airway obstruction in patients with COPD...
- Functional and genomic profiling of effector CD8 T cell subsets with distinct memory fatesSurojit Sarkar
Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Exp Med 205:625-40. 2008..These studies support the decreasing potential model of memory differentiation and show that the duration of antigenic stimulation is a critical regulator of memory formation...
- Upregulation of PD-1 expression on HIV-specific CD8+ T cells leads to reversible immune dysfunctionLydie Trautmann
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CR CHUM Saint Luc, 264 Rene Levesque Est, Montreal, Québec H2X1P1, Canada
Nat Med 12:1198-202. 2006..The accumulation of HIV-specific dysfunctional CD8(+) T cells in the infected host could prevent the renewal of a functionally competent HIV-specific CD8(+) repertoire...
- Genetic and immunologic heterogeneity among persons who control HIV infection in the absence of therapyFlorencia Pereyra
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Infect Dis 197:563-71. 2008..The mechanisms behind this outcome remain largely unknown, and a better understanding of them will likely influence future vaccine strategies...
- Effector memory T cell responses are associated with protection of rhesus monkeys from mucosal simian immunodeficiency virus challengeScott G Hansen
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Department of Molecular Microbiology, and the Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 Northwest 185th Avenue, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Nat Med 15:293-9. 2009..These data suggest a new paradigm for AIDS vaccine development--vaccines capable of generating and maintaining HIV-specific TEM cells might decrease the incidence of HIV acquisition after sexual exposure...
- Molecular identification of a danger signal that alerts the immune system to dying cellsYan Shi
Department of Pathology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Nature 425:516-21. 2003..Our findings provide a molecular link between cell injury and immunity and have important implications for vaccines, autoimmunity and inflammation...
- Type, density, and location of immune cells within human colorectal tumors predict clinical outcomeJerome Galon
INSERM U 255, Paris, 75006 France Université Paris Descartes Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, 75006 France
Science 313:1960-4. 2006..In situ analysis of tumor-infiltrating immune cells may therefore be a valuable prognostic tool in the treatment of colorectal cancer and possibly other malignancies...
- Interleukin-10 determines viral clearance or persistence in vivoDavid G Brooks
Viral Immunobiology Laboratory, Molecular and Integrative Neuroscience Department, Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Med 12:1301-9. 2006..Thus, we identify a single molecule that directly induces immunosuppression leading to viral persistence and demonstrate that a therapy to neutralize IL-10 results in T-cell recovery and the prevention of viral persistence...
- Characterization of hepatitis B virus (HBV)-specific T-cell dysfunction in chronic HBV infectionCarolina Boni
Laboratorio Immunopatologia Virale, Unit of Infectious Diseases and Hepatology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Virol 81:4215-25. 2007..This information may be useful for the design of immunotherapeutic strategies to complement and optimize available antiviral therapies...
- Viral persistence alters CD8 T-cell immunodominance and tissue distribution and results in distinct stages of functional impairmentE John Wherry
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 77:4911-27. 2003..These results have implications for the study of human chronic infections, where similar T-cell deletion and functional dysregulation has been observed...
- Original antigenic sin and apoptosis in the pathogenesis of dengue hemorrhagic feverJuthathip Mongkolsapaya
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9DS, UK
Nat Med 9:921-7. 2003....
- Control of effector CD8+ T cell function by the transcription factor EomesoderminErika L Pearce
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, and Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 302:1041-3. 2003..We suggest that Eomesodermin is likely to complement the actions of T-bet and act as a key regulatory gene in the development of cell-mediated immunity...
- Requirement for CD4 T cell help in generating functional CD8 T cell memoryDevon J Shedlock
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 300:337-9. 2003..These results demonstrate a previously undescribed role for CD4 help in the development of functional CD8 memory...
- HIV controllers exhibit potent CD8 T cell capacity to suppress HIV infection ex vivo and peculiar cytotoxic T lymphocyte activation phenotypeAsier Saez-Cirion
Unité de Régulation des Infections Rétrovirales, Institut Pasteur, 75725 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6776-81. 2007..This constitutive antiviral capacity of CD8(+) T cells could account for the control of viral replication in HIC...
- Removal of homeostatic cytokine sinks by lymphodepletion enhances the efficacy of adoptively transferred tumor-specific CD8+ T cellsLuca Gattinoni
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NCI, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 202:907-12. 2005..Thus, the restricted availability of homeostatic cytokines can be a contributing factor to peripheral tolerance, as well as a limiting resource for the effectiveness of tumor-specific T cells...
- Cancer regression in patients after transfer of genetically engineered lymphocytesRichard A Morgan
Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 314:126-9. 2006..This study suggests the therapeutic potential of genetically engineered cells for the biologic therapy of cancer...
- Influence of HLA-B57 on clinical presentation and viral control during acute HIV-1 infectionMarcus Altfeld
Partners AIDS Research Center and Infectious Disease Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
AIDS 17:2581-91. 2003..However, their impact on viral replication during acute HIV-1 infection is not known...
- Reversible defects in natural killer and memory CD8 T cell lineages in interleukin 15-deficient miceM K Kennedy
Immunex Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Exp Med 191:771-80. 2000..Moreover, the ability to rescue lymphoid defects in IL-15(-/-) mice by IL-15 administration represents a powerful means by which to further elucidate the biological roles of this cytokine...
- Efficient targeting of protein antigen to the dendritic cell receptor DEC-205 in the steady state leads to antigen presentation on major histocompatibility complex class I products and peripheral CD8+ T cell toleranceLaura Bonifaz
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 196:1627-38. 2002..Therefore, DEC-205 provides an efficient receptor-based mechanism for DCs to process proteins for MHC class I presentation in vivo, leading to tolerance in the steady state and immunity after DC maturation...
- Upregulation of CTLA-4 by HIV-specific CD4+ T cells correlates with disease progression and defines a reversible immune dysfunctionDaniel E Kaufmann
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 8:1246-54. 2007..These data, indicating a reversible immunoregulatory pathway selectively associated with CD4(+) T cell dysfunction, provide a potential target for immunotherapy in HIV-infected patients...
- The CD8+ dendritic cell subsetKen Shortman
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Rev 234:18-31. 2010..Targeting vaccine antigens to the CD8(+) DCs has proved an effective way to induce cytotoxic T lymphocytes and antibody responses...
- Positive effects of combined antiretroviral therapy on CD4+ T cell homeostasis and function in advanced HIV diseaseB Autran
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, URA CNRS 625, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Science 277:112-6. 1997..Thus, decreasing the HIV load can reverse HIV-driven activation and CD4(+) T cell defects in advanced HIV-infected patients...
- Regulatory CD4(+)CD25(+) T cells in tumors from patients with early-stage non-small cell lung cancer and late-stage ovarian cancerE Y Woo
Department of Surgery, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 61:4766-72. 2001..These observations provide evidence for the contribution of regulatory T cells to immune dysfunction in cancer patients...
- Interleukin-2 signals during priming are required for secondary expansion of CD8+ memory T cellsMatthew A Williams
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 441:890-3. 2006..These results have important implications for the development of vaccination or immunotherapeutic strategies aimed at boosting memory T-cell function...
- Distinct pathways of antigen uptake and intracellular routing in CD4 and CD8 T cell activationSven Burgdorf
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Experimental Immunology, Friedrich Wilhelms Universität, Bonn, Germany
Science 316:612-6. 2007..These findings imply that antigen does not require intracellular diversion to access the cross-presentation pathway, because it can enter the pathway already during endocytosis...
- The transcription factor PLZF directs the effector program of the NKT cell lineageAdam K Savage
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Committee on Immunology, Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Immunity 29:391-403. 2008..We suggest that PLZF is a transcriptional signature of NKT cells that directs their innate-like effector differentiation during thymic development...
- Lineage relationship and protective immunity of memory CD8 T cell subsetsE John Wherry
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Nat Immunol 4:225-34. 2003..We propose that T(CM) and T(EM) do not necessarily represent distinct subsets, but are part of a continuum in a linear naive --> effector --> T(EM) --> T(CM) differentiation pathway...
- Functional specializations of human epidermal Langerhans cells and CD14+ dermal dendritic cellsEynav Klechevsky
Baylor Institute for Immunology Research and Baylor Research Institute, Dallas, TX 75204, USA
Immunity 29:497-510. 2008..Thus, the human skin displays three DC subsets, two of which, i.e., CD14(+) DCs and LCs, display functional specializations, the preferential activation of humoral and cellular immunity, respectively...
- Persistent immune activation in HIV-1 infection is associated with progression to AIDSMette D Hazenberg
Department of Clinical Viro Immunology, Sanquin Research at CLB, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AIDS 17:1881-8. 2003..HIV-1 infection is characterized by chronic generalized CD8 and CD4 T cell hyperactivation, the biological effect of which is not understood...
- Defective CD8 T cell memory following acute infection without CD4 T cell helpJoseph C Sun
Department of Immunology and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 300:339-42. 2003..The results highlight a previously undescribed role for CD4 help in promoting protective CD8 memory development...
- Cutting edge: CD4 and CD8 T cells are intrinsically different in their proliferative responsesKathryn E Foulds
Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 168:1528-32. 2002..Together, these results suggest that CD4 and CD8 T cells are programmed to undergo limited and extensive proliferation, respectively, to suit their function as regulator and effector cells...
- Human CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells control T-cell responses to human immunodeficiency virus and cytomegalovirus antigensEinar M Aandahl
Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Virol 78:2454-9. 2004..We propose that chronic viral infections lead to induction of suppressive T(R) cells that inhibit the antiviral immune response...
- Evidence for a tumoral immune resistance mechanism based on tryptophan degradation by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseCatherine Uyttenhove
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research and Cellular Genetics Unit, Universite de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Nat Med 9:1269-74. 2003..These results suggest that the efficacy of therapeutic vaccination of cancer patients might be improved by concomitant administration of an IDO inhibitor...
- Adoptive transfer of effector CD8+ T cells derived from central memory cells establishes persistent T cell memory in primatesCarolina Berger
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
J Clin Invest 118:294-305. 2008..These results could have significant implications for the selection of T cells to expand or to engineer for adoptive immunotherapy of human infections or malignancy...
- Intrasplenic steady-state dendritic cell precursors that are distinct from monocytesShalin H Naik
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research and the Cooperative Research Centre for Vaccine Technology, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Nat Immunol 7:663-71. 2006..Thus, the inflammatory status of the host influences the developmental origin and type of DC present in lymphoid tissues...
- Asymmetric T lymphocyte division in the initiation of adaptive immune responsesJohn T Chang
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 315:1687-91. 2007..These results suggest a mechanism by which a single lymphocyte can apportion diverse cell fates necessary for adaptive immunity...
- Hepatic T cells and liver toleranceIan Nicholas Crispe
The David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 3:51-62. 2003..The overall bias of intrahepatic T-cell responses towards tolerance might account for the survival of liver allografts and for the persistence of some liver pathogens...
- Gag-specific CD8+ T lymphocytes recognize infected cells before AIDS-virus integration and viral protein expressionJonah B Sacha
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53711, USA
J Immunol 178:2746-54. 2007..0017) in SIV-infected rhesus macaques. These results suggest that HIV vaccines should focus CD8(+) T cell responses on Gag...
- A consensus epitope prediction approach identifies the breadth of murine T(CD8+)-cell responses to vaccinia virusMagdalini Moutaftsi
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 3030 Bunker Hill Street, Suite 326, San Diego, California 92109, USA
Nat Biotechnol 24:817-9. 2006..This approach reveals the breadth of T-cell responses to vaccinia, a widely studied murine viral infection model, and may provide a tool for developing comprehensive antigenic maps of any complex pathogen...
- In vivo depletion of CD11c+ dendritic cells abrogates priming of CD8+ T cells by exogenous cell-associated antigensSteffen Jung
Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Immunity 17:211-20. 2002..e., the sensitization of the immune system for cell-associated antigens. DC-depleted mice fail to mount CTL responses to infection with the intracellular bacterium Listeria monocytogenes and the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium yoelii...
- CTLs are targeted to kill beta cells in patients with type 1 diabetes through recognition of a glucose-regulated preproinsulin epitopeAnia Skowera
Department of Immunobiology, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 118:3390-402. 2008..Our findings suggest that autoreactive CTLs are important targets for immune-based interventions in type 1 diabetes and argue for early, aggressive insulin therapy to preserve remaining beta cells...
- Memory CD8 T-cell differentiation during viral infectionE John Wherry
Emory Vaccine Center and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, G211 Rollins Research Building, 1510 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Virol 78:5535-45. 2004
- In vivo targeting of antigens to maturing dendritic cells via the DEC-205 receptor improves T cell vaccinationLaura C Bonifaz
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, Chris Browne Center for Immunology and Immune Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 199:815-24. 2004....
- Prognostic significance of tumor-infiltrating T-lymphocytes in primary and metastatic lesions of advanced stage ovarian cancerNinke Leffers
Department of Gynecological Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cancer Immunol Immunother 58:449-59. 2009....
- Massive infection and loss of memory CD4+ T cells in multiple tissues during acute SIV infectionJoseph J Mattapallil
Immunotechnology Section, Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 434:1093-7. 2005..Our findings point to the importance of reducing the cell-associated viral load during acute infection through therapeutic or vaccination strategies...
- Defective human immunodeficiency virus-specific CD8+ T-cell polyfunctionality, proliferation, and cytotoxicity are not restored by antiretroviral therapyStephen A Migueles
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1876, USA
J Virol 83:11876-89. 2009..Taken together, these data suggest that there are selective qualitative abnormalities within the HIV-specific CD8+ T-cell compartment that persist under conditions of low levels of antigen...
- Endogenous naive CD8+ T cell precursor frequency regulates primary and memory responses to infectionJoshua J Obar
Department of Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington CT 06030 1319, USA
Immunity 28:859-69. 2008..Thus, initial endogenous precursor frequencies were surprisingly diverse and not only regulated initial immune response characteristics but also controlled memory CD8+ T cell lineage decisions...
- Synergistic reversal of intrahepatic HCV-specific CD8 T cell exhaustion by combined PD-1/CTLA-4 blockadeNobuhiro Nakamoto
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000313. 2009....
- CD8+ T cells mediate recovery and immunopathology in West Nile virus encephalitisYang Wang
Division of Immunology and Genetics, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
J Virol 77:13323-34. 2003..Using high doses of virus in CD8-deficient mice leads to increased survival. These results provide evidence that CD8(+) T cells are involved in both recovery and immunopathology in WNV infection...
- CD8+ T cells are required for primary immunity in C57BL/6 mice following low-dose, intradermal challenge with Leishmania majorYasmine Belkaid
Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dermatology Branch, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 168:3992-4000. 2002..The low dose, intradermal challenge model reveals that CD8(+) T cells play an essential role in both pathogenesis of and immunity to primary infection with L. major in the skin...
- Avidity for antigen shapes clonal dominance in CD8+ T cell populations specific for persistent DNA virusesDavid A Price
Human Immunology Section, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 202:1349-61. 2005..Vaccine strategies that reconstruct these biological processes could generate T cell populations that mediate optimal delivery of antiviral effector function...
- PD-1 is a regulator of virus-specific CD8+ T cell survival in HIV infectionConstantinos Petrovas
Immunology Laboratory, Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 203:2281-92. 2006....
- Type I IFNs provide a third signal to CD8 T cells to stimulate clonal expansion and differentiationJulie M Curtsinger
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 174:4465-9. 2005..Provision of the third signal by either IFN-alpha beta or IL-12 results in regulation of the expression of a number of genes, including several that encode proteins critical for effector function...
- Signals required for programming effector and memory development by CD8+ T cellsMatthew F Mescher
Center for Immunology and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Immunol Rev 211:81-92. 2006..Thus, in addition to antigen and costimulation, CD8+ T cells require cytokine signals at distinct stages of the response to be programmed for optimal generation of effector and memory populations...
- Selective imprinting of gut-homing T cells by Peyer's patch dendritic cellsJ Rodrigo Mora
The Center for Blood Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 424:88-93. 2003..These findings establish that Peyer's patch dendritic cells imprint gut-homing specificity on T cells, and thus license effector/memory cells to access anatomical sites most likely to contain their cognate antigen...
- Regulation of antigen-specific CD8+ T cell homeostasis by perforin and interferon-gammaV P Badovinac
Department of Microbiology and Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Science 290:1354-8. 2000..Thus, perforin and IFN-gamma regulate distinct elements of CD8+ T cell homeostasis independently of their role as antimicrobial effector molecules...
- 4-1BB promotes the survival of CD8+ T lymphocytes by increasing expression of Bcl-xL and Bfl-1Hyeon Woo Lee
Immunomodulation Research Center, University of Ulsan, Korea
J Immunol 169:4882-8. 2002..The results suggest a role for the antiapoptotic activities of Bcl-x(L) and Bfl-1 proteins in 4-1BB-mediated CD8(+) T cell survival in vivo...
- Control of HIV-1 immune escape by CD8 T cells expressing enhanced T-cell receptorAngel Varela-Rohena
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
Nat Med 14:1390-5. 2008....
- Broadly targeted human cytomegalovirus-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells dominate the memory compartments of exposed subjectsAndrew W Sylwester
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, 97006, USA
J Exp Med 202:673-85. 2005..These data provide the first glimpse of the total human T cell response to a complex infectious agent and will provide insight into the rules governing immunodominance and cross-reactivity in complex viral infections of humans...
- Cellular immune responses to HIVA J McMichael
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Nature 410:980-7. 2001..The failure of the latter to function efficiently facilitates the escape of virus from immune control and the collapse of the whole immune system...
- B7-H1 determines accumulation and deletion of intrahepatic CD8(+) T lymphocytesHaidong Dong
Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Immunity 20:327-36. 2004..Therefore, B7-H1 is a key protein selectively regulating the accumulation and deletion of intrahepatic CD8(+) T cells and may also contribute to inflammation, autoimmune diseases, and tolerance in the liver...
- NK cells in HIV-1 infection: evidence for their role in the control of HIV-1 infectionG Alter
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Intern Med 265:29-42. 2009..In this review we highlight recent evidence that suggests that NK cells influence the clinical fate of HIV-infected individuals...
- High resolution analysis of cellular immune responses in resolved and persistent hepatitis C virus infectionGeorg M Lauer
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 127:924-36. 2004..Previous studies have largely focused on limited HLA alleles and predefined CD8+ T-cell epitopes, and, thus, comprehensive studies remain to be performed...
- Transcriptional repressor Blimp-1 promotes CD8(+) T cell terminal differentiation and represses the acquisition of central memory T cell propertiesRachel L Rutishauser
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Immunity 31:296-308. 2009..These results reveal a critical role for Blimp-1 in controlling terminal differentiation and suppressing memory cell developmental potential in effector CD8(+) T cells during viral infection...
- Dysregulated Epstein-Barr virus infection in the multiple sclerosis brainBarbara Serafini
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Exp Med 204:2899-912. 2007....
- Signal 3 determines tolerance versus full activation of naive CD8 T cells: dissociating proliferation and development of effector functionJulie M Curtsinger
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota, MN 55455, USA
J Exp Med 197:1141-51. 2003....
- Cancer regression and autoimmunity in patients after clonal repopulation with antitumor lymphocytesMark E Dudley
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20902, USA
Science 298:850-4. 2002..This approach presents new possibilities for the treatment of patients with cancer as well as patients with human immunodeficiency virus-related acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and other infectious diseases...
- Virus-specific CD8+ T cells accumulate near sensory nerve endings in genital skin during subclinical HSV-2 reactivationJia Zhu
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Exp Med 204:595-603. 2007..These findings indicate that the frequency and clinical course of HSV-2 reactivation in humans is influenced by virus-specific CD8(+) T cells that persist in peripheral mucosa and genital skin after resolution of herpes lesions...
- Subdominant CD8+ T-cell responses are involved in durable control of AIDS virus replicationThomas C Friedrich
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, 1220 Capitol Court, Madison, WI 53715 1299, USA
J Virol 81:3465-76. 2007..It is likely that subdominant CD8+ T-cell populations play a key role in maintaining this control...
- Identification of RANTES, MIP-1 alpha, and MIP-1 beta as the major HIV-suppressive factors produced by CD8+ T cellsF Cocchi
Laboratory of Tumor Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 270:1811-5. 1995..These data may have relevance for the prevention and therapy of AIDS...
- CD8 T cell dysfunction during chronic viral infectionHaina Shin
Immunology Program, The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 19:408-15. 2007..In this review, we will discuss recent work that highlights two main types of T cell dysfunction during chronic infection: exhaustion of effector functions and altered memory T cell development...
- Frequency of interferon- gamma -producing T cells specific for Trypanosoma cruzi inversely correlates with disease severity in chronic human Chagas diseaseSusana A Laucella
Instituto Nacional de Parasitologia Dr Mario Fatala Chaben, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Infect Dis 189:909-18. 2004..These data suggest that the frequency of IFN- gamma -producing T cells in patients with chronic Chagas disease is associated with the history of recent exposure and with the clinical status of the patient...
- Activation phenotype, rather than central- or effector-memory phenotype, predicts the recall efficacy of memory CD8+ T cellsHirokazu Hikono
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
J Exp Med 204:1625-36. 2007..These findings extend our understanding of how recall responses are generated and suggest that activation and migration markers define distinct, and unrelated, characteristics of memory T cells...
- CD4+CD25+ T cells regulate virus-specific primary and memory CD8+ T cell responsesSusmit Suvas
Department of Microbiology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 0845, USA
J Exp Med 198:889-901. 2003..Thus, controlling suppressor effects at the time of vaccination could result in more effective immunity...
- Analysis of a successful immune response against hepatitis C virusS Cooper
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5400, USA
Immunity 10:439-49. 1999..Every specificity shown during acute hepatitis persisted in normal liver tissue more than 1 yr after resolution. These results suggest that CD8+CTL are better correlated with protection against HCV infection than antibodies...
- A question of self-preservation: immunopathology in influenza virus infectionNicole L La Gruta
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Immunol Cell Biol 85:85-92. 2007....
- Evolution of diverse antiviral CD8+ T cell populations after murine cytomegalovirus infectionSophie Sierro
The Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, Oxford, UK
Eur J Immunol 35:1113-23. 2005..A simple model to describe the equilibrium state in MCMV is presented, which may point to previously unexplored antiviral populations present after human CMV infection...
- Cathepsin L: critical role in Ii degradation and CD4 T cell selection in the thymusT Nakagawa
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Science 280:450-3. 1998..The identification of a protease involved in class II presentation in a tissue-specific manner suggests a potential means of manipulating CD4+ T cell responsiveness in vivo...
- Immune response to pre-erythrocytic stages of malaria parasitesD L Doolan
Malaria Program, Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910 7500, USA
Curr Mol Med 6:169-85. 2006..Herein, we review our current understanding of the molecular and cellular aspects of pre-erythrocytic stage immunity...
- Fully differentiated HIV-1 specific CD8+ T effector cells are more frequently detectable in controlled than in progressive HIV-1 infectionMarylyn M Addo
Partners AIDS Research Center and Infectious Disease Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School Division of AIDS, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e321. 2007..Recent data suggest that impaired maturation, as defined by the lineage markers CD45RA and CCR7, may contribute to a lack of immune control by these responses...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)-specific CD8+ T(EMRA) cells in early infection are linked to control of HIV-1 viremia and predict the subsequent viral load set pointJohn W Northfield
Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, Nuffield Department of Medicine, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3SY, United Kingdom
J Virol 81:5759-65. 2007....
- IL-21 is required to control chronic viral infectionHeidi Elsaesser
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics and University of California, Los Angeles UCLA AIDS Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Science 324:1569-72. 2009..Thus, IL-21 specifically sustains CD8+ T cell effector activity and provides a mechanism of CD4+ T cell help during chronic viral infection...
- Control of viremia in simian immunodeficiency virus infection by CD8+ lymphocytesJ E Schmitz
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Science 283:857-60. 1999..These results confirm the importance of cell-mediated immunity in controlling HIV-1 infection and support the exploration of vaccination approaches for preventing infection that will elicit these immune responses...
- Intraepithelial CD8+ tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes and a high CD8+/regulatory T cell ratio are associated with favorable prognosis in ovarian cancerEiichi Sato
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18538-43. 2005..We conclude that intraepithelial CD8+ TILs and a high CD8+/Treg ratio are associated with favorable prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancer...
- CATALASE IMMUNITY IN PRIMARY SCLEROSING CHOLANGITISJames Versalovic; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed animal model will facilitate the evaluation of diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for PSC in vivo. ..
- IMMUNITY AND VIRUS DISEASERaymond Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2003..By manipulating this highly defined LCMV model in vivo, fundamental concepts concerning immunoregulation and immune deficiencies applicable to human viral infections should be obtained. ..
- VIRUS INDUCED IMMUNOPATHOLOGYRaymond Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2008..SPECIFIC AIM #4. To determine the basis for the deficiency of virus-specific T cells in the homeostatic reconstitution of lymphopenic environments. ..
- Neoadjuvant Cytokine Immunotherapy by PLA MicrospheresMichael Sabel; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will pursue this area of investigation as a full-time faculty member, with full commitment from the Department of General Surgery and the Division of Surgical Oncology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. ..
- Molecular Basis of Suppression of SLE by CD8+ Ti CellsRam Singh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TNF-Induced Apoptosis of Lymphocytes in Aged HumansSudhir Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studied should mechanism (s) for increased TNF-a-induced apoptosis during aging. ..
- REGULATION OF NATURAL KILLER CELLSRaymond Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work should clarify how these effector systems act and interact to rid the host of infectious agents and tumors. ..
- The Functional Significance of Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte EscapeDavid Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we hypothesize that escaped virus evolving without any selective pressure on the "pre-escaped" CTL and HTL epitopes will evolve towards higher fitness viruses. ..
- Genetically-Programmed APC Vaccines Against VirusesMaurizio Zanetti; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that our studies will have implications in the development of an alternative approach to effectively vaccinate against influenza A virus using novel APC vaccine approach. ..
- IL-21 effects on CD8 Memory T Cells in HIV InfectionSavita Pahwa; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies can lay the groundwork towards development of a novel therapeutic agent for immune reconstitution and for vaccine adjuvants in HIV infected people. ..
- Leica TCSSP2RS two-photon microscope for in vivo imagingNICHOLAS GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall, this instrument will allow the user group to radically improve their ability to perform experiments on understanding the immune system in development and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CMV Immune Response & Long-Term Outcome of CMV RetinitisMark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- SOLUBLE T CELL RECEPTOR STUDIES ON MHC RESTRICTIONNICHOLAS GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2006..TCR dimerization will be investigated in solution, using biophysical methods including FRET, analytical ultracentrifugation and BIAcore. ..
- Conformationally-Constrained PA Anthrax VaccineMaurizio Zanetti; Fiscal Year: 2005..anthracis toxin and its cytopathicity. It is hoped that the idea and experiments proposed in this application can speed up the development of a safe and effective method to vaccinate against B. anthracis. ..
- Innate and adaptive immunity in children starting anir*Savita Pahwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will also lay the groundwork for subsequent challenging and innovative treatment protocols, and future vaccine studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis-reactive thymocytesMARIELLE GOLD; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SELECTION OF T-CELL RECEPTOR V-ALPHA REGIONSNICHOLAS GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A NOVEL, LOGICAL APPROACH TO HIV VACCINE DEVELOPMENTDavid Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Specific Aim II we will carry out vaccine efficacy experiments to engender the most efficacious CD8+ responses against epitopes defined in Specific Aim I. ..
- T Cell Memory to Respiratory Viral InfectionsShahram Salek Ardakani; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aberrant T Cell Function and Immunopathogenesis of CMV Immune Recovery UveitisMark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, understanding the disease mechanism of CMV IRU could facilitate development of effective therapy for CMV IRU or diagnostic or treatment strategies to prevent CMV IRU. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Interactions in the Aging Immunological SynapseNICHOLAS GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of HIV excape mutants and T cell responses in elite suppressorsJoel Blankson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may allow some patients to control the virus without antiretroviral therapy for prolonged periods of time. ..
- Targeted Molecular Therapeutics for Melanoma: CCI-779 and BevacizumabCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2008..The following proposal is a clinical trial to evaluate the effects of bevacizumab and CCI-779, which interfere with vascularization and tumor growth, for the treatment of melanoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIV Epitope Specific T Cell Responses and Control of HIV ReplicationMark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA VACCINES FOR CD4 AND CD8 T-CELLSCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Strategies of Vaccination Against MUC.1 AntigenMaurizio Zanetti; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that these studies will shed light on the relationship between immunity and protection, and will establish the ground rules for successful intervention against cancer expressing MUC.1 in humans. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CD8+ T Cells Control Autoimmunity In EAEHong Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, the studies will provide theoretical basis for clinical application of this regulatory pathway in prevention and treatment of multiple sclerosis in man. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CD8 T CELLS IN HIV DISEASE IN CHILDRENSavita Pahwa; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Latent virus and HIV-1 specific immunity in LTNPsJoel Blankson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Siliciano, and the supportive environment of the Johns Hopkins University will provide Dr. Blankson with the skills he needs to develop into an independent clinician and basic scientist researcher in HIV-1 pathogenesis. ..
- STUDY OF MHC & CTL IN OPIATE-DEPENDENT MONKEYS WITH AIDSDavid Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2002..In this cohort of animals they will be able to determine whether opiates can influence the cellular immune response to the AIDS virus. ..
- CTL-BASED VACCINES FOR THE AIDS VIRUSDavid Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2003..John Altman will synthesize MHC class I tetramers for CTL quantitation and Deborah Fuller will immunize animals using the gene gun. ..
- TARGETED THERAPEUTIC VACCINATION IN PROSTATE CANCERMaurizio Zanetti; Fiscal Year: 2003..1-restricted CTL responses. Using the second transgenic model, and using murine TRT peptides, he will answer the question "Does presence of prostate tumor affect immunization against telomerase peptides?" ..
- Frequency and Function of HIV-specific T-cells in GALTBarbara Shacklett; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will also test alternate hypotheses to explain the apparent low levels of perforin expression in GALT. ..
- Real-time molecular interactions in tolerance inductionNICHOLAS GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Conditions where naive T cells are tolerized in peripheral (pancreatic) lymph nodes or activated for diabetes will be analyzed. ..
- A novel protein regulating thymocyte developmentNICHOLAS R GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2010..This newly discovered protein appears to regulate these processes, thus this project will uncover how this novel protein functions. ..
- CD8+ T CELL RECOGNITION OF TH1 AND TH2Hong Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will determine if this difference uniquely applies to the recognition of TCR peptide presented by Qa-1 or if CD8+ T cells specific for other peptides presented by MHC class I molecules also distinguish between TH1 and TH2 targets. ..
- Multi-peptide Vaccine Administered with Cyclophosphamide for High-risk MelanomaCRAIG LEE SLINGLUFF; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Adjunct rhIL-12 enhance THI response to viral vaccine?Mark Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2004..g. CMV, HSV and HIV). ..
- Cannabinoid Receptor Dynamics in T Cell ActivationNICHOLAS GASCOIGNE; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will express fluorescent CB2 in APC, to see how expression is affected by drug exposure and by interaction with T cells. ..
- Dendritic Cells and Breast Cancer ImmunityA Palucka; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, this proposal will permit us to demonstrate that efficient breast cancer immunity can be generated and used to reject the tumor thus permitting development of novel treatment modalities in breast cancer. ..
- Mice with Human Dendritic Cells to Test Vaccine PotencyA Palucka; Fiscal Year: 2004..The experiments proposed here would lay ground for further use of SCID-hu/DCs mice to study other vaccines and demonstrate development of protective immunity upon in vivo rechallenge. ..
- Novel APC Vaccine to Induce Anti-Tumor T cell ImmunityMaurizio Zanetti; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that TLI is a simple and effective form of APC vaccine that can meet this need and objectives. ..
- DNA/MWA Immunogens, Cross-clade Immune ResponsesHarriet Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- A Novel Chlamydial Vector for HIV Vaccine DevelopmentDavid Watkins; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, the immediate goal of this limited R21 application is to explore the innovative idea of using Chlamydia as a vaccine vector. ..
- VACCINES WITH MHC CLASS II-RESTRICTED MELANOMA PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- MULTI-EPITOPE MELANOMA PEPTIDE VACCINATION WITH GM-CSFCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BASIC PRINCIPLES OF TRANSFECTION INITIATED IMMUNIZATIONHarriet Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Post challenge studies will examine the effects of Th1- and Th2-biased responses on the control of infection and post challenge immunopathology. ..
- Transgenic B-Cell ImmunogenesMaurizio Zanetti; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Tec family tyrosine kinases in T cell signalingLeslie Berg; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide important information for future efforts to modulate Th1 vs. Th2 effector responses in vivo by manipulating distinct T cell signaling molecules and pathways. ..
- Control of Terminal Differentiation of Effector and Memory T Cells by Blimp-1Susan Kaech; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Differentiation of Glioma from Radiation Injury Using Cellular MRISyed Ali; Fiscal Year: 2008..This magnetic labeling technique will also help investigators to track the injected CTL in the body as well as in the targeted areas by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF MHC RESTRICTION OF T CELLSKenneth Rock; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bioinformatic Mapping of HIV-1 Nef Manipulation of T-Cell Activation and FunctionJason Barbour; Fiscal Year: 2008..Variation in circulating strains of HIV-1 may account for this variation. We intend to map viral genetic determinants of T cell activation within the HIV-1 Nef protein. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stress & UV-induced Squamous Cell CarcinomaFirdaus S Dhabhar; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies are important in light of increasing morbidity and mortality associated with skin cancer, the ubiquitous nature of stress, and our preliminary findings on the effects of stress on SCC. ..
- Innate and adaptive immunity in COPD exacerbationsJeffrey Curtis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of this study is to learn how specific parts of the immune system cause these symptoms. This information is a first step to finding more effective treatments to prevent and treat COPD exacerbations. ..
- Acute CTL Escape and Viral Variation in HIVTodd Allen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed project, therefore, will use whole viral genome sequencing along with cellular assays to examine these issues. ..
- Immune Correlates of HSV-2 Disease SeverityDavid Koelle; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- A Shared Multiparameter Imaging CytometerPaul Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2006..All the projects described in this application are relevant to the treatment of cancer and obtaining a better understanding of its biology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor-induced immune suppression.Suzanne Ostrand Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNE REGULATION IN LUNG TRANSPLANTATIONWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will determine how the sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of each test would be clinically useful in the management of lung transplant patients. ..
- Becton Dickinson LSR-II Analytical Cytometer (BD-LSR-II)David Serreze; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Family-Based HIV VCT in Patients at Risk for TBEDWIN DUNCAN CHARLEBOIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To investigate the effectiveness of Home-based and TB Clinic-based VCT in linking HIV infected persons among the 600 randomized households to HIV medical care and social support. ..
- Recruitment of memory CD8+ T cells to the lung airwaysJACOB KOHLMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modulation of EAE with ligand-activated NKT cellsLuc Van Kaer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These reagents will permit the selective activation of distinct adaptive immune responses in vivo, which could be exploited for therapeutic intervention in MS and other human autoimmune diseases. ..
- Using Genomics to Understand Autoimmune DiabetesJonathan Katz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 3: To establish the differential gene expression pattern associated with disease progression and resistance in NOD recipients of islet-reactive Th1 and Th2 T cells. ..
- CONTROL OF B CELL TERMINAL DIFFERENTIATION--ROLE OF CD40Troy Randall; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results should enhance our ability to create more effective vaccines and establish tools to selectively enhance or inhibit the formation of plasma or memory cells in vivo. ..
- ENHANCEMENT OF HPV16 E6 & E7-SPECIFIC ANTITUMOR IMMUNITYT C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2001..5) Perform head-to-head comparison of various E6, E7 and chimeric E6E7 vaccines in antitumor immunity using E6 and E7 expressing murine model tumors. ..
- Chimeric Yellow Fever/West Nile Virus:Candidate VaccineRafi Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- BD LSR IIKRISTIN HOGQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2004..This instrument will allow us to better understand the complex functional roles of subsets of lymphocytes and dendritic cells. ..
- CNS Viral Dynamics and Cellular Immunity During AIDSDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterizing these relationships will expand our knowledge regarding key events that lead to AIDS dementia, and may suggest novel approaches to other immunologic or viral-mediated diseases that affect the brain. ..