Genomes and Genes
Summary: The valve consisting of three cusps situated between the right atrium and right ventricle of the heart.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Tei index determined by tissue Doppler imaging in patients with pulmonary regurgitation after repair of tetralogy of FallotK Yasuoka
Departments of Pediatrics and Cardiovascular Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Pediatr Cardiol 25:131-6. 2004..However, the Tei index determined by TDI is a sensitive indicator of RV function in these patients, and it appears to be a promising new means of assessing global RV function in patients with significant PR...
- The tricuspid valve: current perspective and evolving management of tricuspid regurgitationJason H Rogers
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Davis Medical Center, 4860 Y St, Suite 2820, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Circulation 119:2718-25. 2009..Despite this wave of investigation, little or no attention has been given to the treatment of tricuspid valve disease...
- Separating the direct effect of hypoxia from the indirect effect of changes in cardiac output on the maximum pressure difference across the tricuspid valve in healthy humansGeorge M Balanos
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Pflugers Arch 450:372-80. 2005..measurement of an index of pulmonary artery pressure, the maximum systolic pressure difference across the tricuspid valve (DeltaPmax), to examine the pulmonary vascular response to changes in blood flow during both air breathing ..
- Idiopathic premature ventricular contractions and ventricular tachycardias originating from the vicinity of tricuspid annulus: results of radiofrequency catheter ablation in thirty-five patientsLi Yue-Chun
Department of Cardiology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, 109 Xueyuan Road, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:32. 2012..This study aimed to investigate electrophysiologic characteristics and effects of radiofrequency catheter ablation (RFCA) for patients with symptomatic PVCs and IVTs originating from the vicinity of TA...
- Delayed onset of tricuspid valve flow in repaired tetralogy of Fallot: an additional mechanism of diastolic dysfunction and interventricular dyssynchronyAi Min Sun
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, M5G1X8, Canada
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:43. 2011..The present study sought to assess the prevalence and mechanism of early diastolic dysfunction of the RV defined as delayed onset of the tricuspid valve (TV) flow after TOF repair.
- Successful catheter ablation of premature ventricular contractions originating from the tricuspid annulus using a Halo-type catheterTakumi Yamada
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 University Boulevard, 1530 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Europace 10:1228-9. 2008..Successful catheter ablation was achieved at the ventricular site between those electrode pairs. A Halo-type catheter may be effective for mapping and catheter ablation of ventricular arrhythmias originating from the TA...
- Idiopathic ventricular arrhythmias originating from the tricuspid annulus: Prevalence, electrocardiographic characteristics, and results of radiofrequency catheter ablationHiroshi Tada
Division of Cardiology, Gunma Prefectural Cardiovascular Center, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Heart Rhythm 4:7-16. 2007..Idiopathic ventricular tachycardias (VTs) and premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) arising from the tricuspid annulus have been reported...
- Right ventricular function in patients with first inferior myocardial infarction: assessment by tricuspid annular motion and tricuspid annular velocityM Alam
Division of Cardiology, Karolinska Institute at South Hospital, Sodersjukhuset, Stockhom, Sweden
Am Heart J 139:710-5. 2000..The current study describes RV function determined by tricuspid annular motion and tricuspid annular velocity after MI...
- Reoperations after tricuspid valve repairJosé M Bernal
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital Universitario Valdecilla, Santander, Spain
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:498-503. 2005The objective was to analyze the short- and long-term results of patients with previous tricuspid valve repair who had valve dysfunction and required cardiac reoperations.
- Randomized study comparing combined pulmonary vein-left atrial junction disconnection and cavotricuspid isthmus ablation versus pulmonary vein-left atrial junction disconnection alone in patients presenting with typical atrial flutter and atrial fibrillatOussama Wazni
Center for Atrial Fibrillation, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 108:2479-83. 2003..We hypothesized that in patients with both AF and typical AFL, pulmonary vein-left atrial junction (PV-LAJ) disconnection may eliminate both arrhythmias...
- Isolated tricuspid valve endocarditisAli Akbar Heydari
Infectious Diseases Department, Imam Reza Hospital, Mashad University of Medical Sciences, Mashad, Iran
Int J Infect Dis 13:e109-11. 2009We present two non-HIV-infected patients with isolated native non-rheumatic tricuspid valve endocarditis who were not intravenous drug abusers. The patients presented with fever and chills...
- Tricuspid valve endocarditis in adult patients without known predisposing factorsZ Shimoni
Department of Internal Medicine B, Laniado Hospital, Kiryat Tzanz, Netanya, Israel
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:49-51. 2001Four patients with no known predisposing conditions developed tricuspid valve endocarditis...
- Endoscopic mitral and tricuspid valve surgery after previous cardiac surgeryFilip P Casselman
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, OLV Clinic, Moorselbaan 164, 9300 Aalst, Belgium
Circulation 116:I270-5. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of a right video-assisted approach for atrioventricular valve disease after previous cardiac surgery...
- Methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus tricuspid valve endocarditis with annular abscess cured with oral levofloxacin and rifampicinS S Foo
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:275-7. 2007
- Infective endocarditis of the tricuspid valve caused by Staphylococcus aureus after ear piercingAles Kovarik
Kardiocentrum Nemocnice Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Scand J Infect Dis 39:266-8. 2007Right-sided endocarditis usually involves the tricuspid valve, predominantly in intravenous drug abusers, in patients with anti-arrhythmic devices or central venous lines, and in patients with skin or genitourinary infection and with ..
- An unusual native tricuspid valve endocarditis caused by Candida colliculosaI Kaygusuz
Department of Medicine, Marmara University School of Medicine and Marmara Universitesi Hastanesi, Infeksiyon Hastaliklari ABD, 81090 Altunizade, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:319-22. 2003..months, in conjunction with transthoracic echocardiography, demonstrating a 20-mm vegetation, superior to the tricuspid valve, herniating into the right atrial cavity. The finding led to the diagnosis of fungal endocarditis...
- [Tricuspid valve endocarditis in a nonaddicted patient without predisposing myocardiopathy]Jose F Varona
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 57:993-6. 2004..describe a 57-year-old patient with no history of parenteral drug addiction or vascular catheter use, who had tricuspid valve endocarditis in a morphologically normal valve...
- Three-dimensional assessment of two-dimensional technique for evaluation of right ventricular function by tricuspid annulus motionJordan L Smith
Cardiovascular Research and Training Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 19:189-97. 2003..However the accuracy of two-dimensional (2-D) methods for analyzing the three-dimensional (3-D) structure of the tricuspid annulus has not been evaluated...
- Functional terminology for the tricuspid valveThomas M Joudinaud
The International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation at Saint Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center, The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59802, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 15:382-8. 2006Advances in echocardiography have awoken new interest in the tricuspid valve, which otherwise has been largely ignored by cardiologists and surgeons...
- Injection drug use and tricuspid valve endocarditisK C Mathura
Department of Medicine, Kathmandu Medical College, Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 3:84-6. 2005b>Tricuspid valve endocarditis is more common in injection drug users. Pulmonary valve and Eustachian valve endocarditis have been reported but are very rare...
- Cusp commissuroplasty for tricuspid valve endocarditisYoshiharu Hamanaka
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hiroshima Prefectural Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 51:616-8. 2003..operation was indicated because the echocardiography showed massive vegetation on the anterior leaflet of the tricuspid valve and severe regurgitation even though the endocarditis was healed with drug therapy...
- Candida albicans tricuspid valve endocarditis in an intravenous drug addict: successful treatment with fluconazoleKatarina Westling
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 37:310-1. 2005An addicted, intravenous drug user was treated for Candida albicans tricuspid valve endocarditis with high dose fluconazole for 8 months, without relapse after 30 months.
- Multiple intracardiac lesions after blunt chest traumaA Aris
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Thorac Surg 70:1692-4. 2000..He underwent surgical repair of these lesions, but aortic insufficiency developed 2 years later and the aortic valve was replaced with a mechanical prosthesis...
- Thoracoscopic and robotic tricuspid valve annuloplasty with a biodegradable ring: an initial experienceAristotelis Panos
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital of Geneva and University of Geneva School of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
J Heart Valve Dis 19:201-5. 2010..The initial experience of the authors with the intra-annular Bioring tricuspid ring using a minimally invasive access is reviewed, and some modifications are proposed to adapt to the particularities of these approaches...
- Durability of functional tricuspid valve repairVirna L Sales
Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute, Division of Cardiac Surgery at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 22:97-103. 2010..We also presented our current approach to surgical management of functional tricuspid regurgitation on the basis of recent studies and our experience treating patients with heart failure...
- Surgery for rheumatic tricuspid valve disease: a 30-year experienceJosé M Bernal
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hospital Universitario Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:476-81. 2008This study was undertaken to assess factors influencing short- and long-term outcomes of surgery for rheumatic disease of the tricuspid valve.
- Successful repair of traumatic tricuspid valve regurgitationKeiichi Fujiwara
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:259-62. 2005Isolated traumatic tricuspid valve regurgitation is an uncommon complication of blunt chest trauma. Tricuspid valve replacement has been ordinarily managed for this lesion...
- Concomitant tricuspid valve operations affect outcomes after mitral operations: a multiinstitutional, statewide analysisDamien J LaPar
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 94:52-7; discussion 58. 2012Mitral valve (MV) disease is often accompanied by concomitant tricuspid valve (TV) disease. This study determined the influence of performing TV procedures in the setting of MV operations within a multiinstitutional patient population.
- Postpartum group B streptococcal tricuspid valve endocarditisZvi Shimoni
Department of Infectious Diseases, Sanz Medical Center, Laniado Hospital, Netanya, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:883-4. 2006
- Tricuspid valve dysfunction and surgery after orthotopic cardiac transplantationA C Yankah
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 17:343-8. 2000The study examines the prevalence of tricuspid regurgitation and biopsy-induced flail tricuspid leaflets after orthotopic heart transplantation and evaluates the results of the tricuspid valve surgery.
- Tricuspid valve chordal tissue in endomyocardial biopsy specimens of patients with significant tricuspid regurgitationLisa Mielniczuk
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:1586-90. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine if the endomyocardial biopsy specimens of patients who developed significant tricuspid valve regurgitation (TVR) after cardiac transplantation had evidence of chordal tissue.
- Infective tricuspid valve endocarditis with pulmonary emboli caused by Campylobacter fetus after tooth extractionKeisuke Miki
Department of Internal Medicine, National Hospital Organization Toneyama National Hospital, Osaka
Intern Med 44:1055-9. 2005..A mobile mass, possible vegetation, attached to the tricuspid valve was detected by transthoracic echocardiography. Two blood cultures disclosed Campylobacter fetus...
- Retrospective cohort analysis of 926 tricuspid valve surgeries: clinical and hemodynamic outcomes with propensity score analysisGuillaume Marquis-Gravel
Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal University, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 163:851-858.e1. 2012The objectives were to describe morbidity and mortality after tricuspid valve (TV) surgery, to compare outcomes after repair versus replacement, and to assess risk factors for mortality and tricuspid regurgitation (TR) recurrence.
- Repair of rheumatic tricuspid valve disease: predictors of very long-term mortality and reoperationJ Aurelio Sarralde
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Hospital Universitario Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain
Ann Thorac Surg 90:503-8. 2010We examined predictors of reoperation and late mortality in patients undergoing tricuspid valve repair for rheumatic disease.
- Finite element modelling of the tricuspid valve: A preliminary studyMarco Stevanella
Bioengineering Department, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Med Eng Phys 32:1213-23. 2010The incomplete efficacy of current surgical repair procedures of the tricuspid valve (TV) demands a deeper comprehension of the physiological TV biomechanics...
- Long-term outcomes after catheter ablation of cavo-tricuspid isthmus dependent atrial flutter: a meta-analysisFrancisco J Perez
Division of Cardiology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, VA 23298 0053, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2:393-401. 2009..The purpose of our study was to analyze long-term outcomes after catheter ablation of cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent AFL...
- Surgical treatment of tricuspid valve dysplasia in the neonatal periodGianfranco Butera
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Istituto Policlinico San Donato, Via Morandi, 30 20097 San Donato, Milanese, MI
Ital Heart J 4:211-3. 2003b>Tricuspid valve dysplasia, other than Ebstein's anomaly, is a very rare congenital heart defect. During the prenatal and/or the neonatal periods the clinical picture is very critical...
- Twenty-five year outcomes of tricuspid valve replacement comparing mechanical and biologic prosthesesAndrea Garatti
Department of Cardiovascular Disease E Malan, Cardiac Surgery Unit, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 93:1146-53. 2012b>Tricuspid valve replacement (TVR) has historically been associated with high mortality and morbidity, and current knowledge of long-term results of TVR is limited...
- Papillary fibroblastoma of tricuspid valve with pulmonary embolizationPasquale Mastroroberto
Cardiovascular Surgery Unit, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 14:e53-4. 2006A 53-year-old man was diagnosed with a papillary fibroelastoma of the tricuspid valve with pulmonary embolization and associated coronary artery disease. He underwent excision of the tumor and coronary bypass grafting...
- Should the tricuspid valve be replaced with a mechanical or biological valve?Babu Kunadian
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:551-7. 2007..We conclude that there are no major differences between the insertion of a mechanical or biological tricuspid valve. Aggregating the available data it is found that the reoperation rate is similar with bioprosthetic ..
- Prosthetic replacement of the tricuspid valve: biological or mechanical?G Rizzoli
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Padova, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 66:S62-7. 1998..9% of all valvular operations performed between June 6, 1966 and April 18, 1996. Many series report similar figures, but institutional experience is limited and the consensus on treatment modalities is lacking...
- Assessment of normal tricuspid valve anatomy in adults by real-time three-dimensional echocardiographyAshraf M Anwar
The Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 40, Rotterdam, 3015 GD, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 23:717-24. 2007The tricuspid valve (TV) is a complex structure...
- Ruptured chordae tendineae of the posterior leaflet of the tricuspid valve as a cause of tricuspid regurgitation following blunt chest traumaJ dos Santos
Division of Cardiology, , , Brazil
Cardiovasc Pathol 10:97-8. 2001..On echocardiography, ruptured chordae tendineae of the posterior leaflet of the tricuspid valve, as well as tricuspid regurgitation were detected...
- [Quality of life differences in patients with typical atrial flutter following cavotricuspid isthmus ablation]Javier García Seara
Unidad de Arritmias, Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 64:401-8. 2011..The outcome was standardized and normalized to the Spanish population adjusted by age and sex...
- Tricuspid regurgitation secondary to mitral valve disease: tricuspid annulus function as guide to tricuspid valve repairT Colombo
Department of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery 'A. De Gasperis, Ospedale Niguarda Ca'Granda, Piazza Ospedale Maggiore 3, 20162, Milano, Italy
Cardiovasc Surg 9:369-77. 2001..Fractional shortening of the tricuspid annulus, expression of right ventricular cardiomyopathy in patients with poorest prognosis, affects the postoperative evolution of tricuspid insufficiency...
- Prosthetic replacement of tricuspid valve: bioprosthetic or mechanicalMehmet Kaplan
Siyami Ersek Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Center, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 73:467-73. 2002b>Tricuspid valve replacement is one of the most challenging operations in cardiac surgery. Selection of the suitable prosthesis is still debatable.
- Unusually redundant Chiari networkM I Akçaboy
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Dikimevi, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Cardiol 27:525-6. 2006
- Plicated patch repair for acquired Gerbode defect involving the tricuspid valvePeter Matt
Heart Surgery Center Basel Bern, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 89:643-5. 2010Gerbode's defect, a left ventricular-to-right atrial communication, with involvement of the tricuspid valve acquired after bacterial endocarditis can be challenging to repair...
- Evaluation of tricuspid valve morphology and function by transthoracic three-dimensional echocardiographyDenisa Muraru
Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
Curr Cardiol Rep 13:242-9. 2011b>Tricuspid valve (TV) disease commonly occurs in combination with left-sided heart disease...
- Invasive pneumococcal infection presenting as septic arthritis and Austrian-like syndrome involving the tricuspid valve in a patient with underlying HIV infectionNivesh H Sewlall
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, P O Bertsham 2013, South Africa
Joint Bone Spine 72:86-8. 2005..responded to antibiotics, but where the patient eventually succumbed to infective endocarditis of the tricuspid valve. We discuss the spectrum of clinical manifestations of IPI, focusing especially on the Austrian syndrome (..
- Congenital Heart Surgery Nomenclature and Database Project: Ebstein's anomaly and tricuspid valve diseaseJ A Dearani
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:S106-17. 2000..is a rare congenital heart defect that is characterized by a spectrum of anatomical abnormalities of the tricuspid valve that also involve the right atrium and right ventricle...
- [Tricuspid valve morphology and function evaluated by transthoracic real-time three-dimensional echocardiography]Roberta Esposito
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi Federico II, Napoli
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 11:549-56. 2010b>Tricuspid valve (TV) morphology and function evaluation plays a key role in several cardiac diseases, including left-sided valvular diseases and heart failure...
- Tricuspid valve disruption and ventricular septal defect secondary to blunt chest traumaOmid Salehian
Division of Cardiology, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 20:231-2. 2004..An unusual case of blunt thoracic injury is presented, highlighting the importance of echocardiography in the assessment of patients with suspected cardiac trauma...
- Heterogeneity of traumatic injury of the tricuspid valve: a report of four casesIngrid Schuster
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 120:499-503. 2008b>Tricuspid valve injury causing severe tricuspid regurgitation is the most common cardiac complication following blunt chest trauma...
- Double-outlet right ventricle and overriding tricuspid valve reflect disturbances of looping, myocardialization, endocardial cushion differentiation, and apoptosis in TGF-beta(2)-knockout miceU Bartram
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Circulation 103:2745-52. 2001..Mice deficient in the TGF-beta(2) gene die around birth and show a variety of defects of different organs, including the heart...
- Right ventricular dysfunction as an independent predictor of short- and long-term mortality in patients with heart failureJesper Kjaergaard
Department of Cardiology, The Heart Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Heart Fail 9:610-6. 2007..Tricuspid annular plane systolic excursion (TAPSE) is a simple echocardiographic measure of RV ejection fraction, but may be affected by co-existing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Tricuspid valve repair: durability and risk factors for failurePatrick M McCarthy
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk F24, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:674-85. 2004To compare durability of tricuspid valve annuloplasty techniques, identify risk factors for repair failure, and characterize survival, reoperation, and functional class of surviving patients.
- Outcomes of tricuspid valve repair and replacement: a propensity analysisRobert J Moraca
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1013, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 87:83-8; discussion 88-9. 2009The purpose of this study was to compare operative mortality and long-term outcome of patients undergoing tricuspid valve replacement versus tricuspid valve repair.
- Tricuspid valve surgery in adults with a dysfunctional systemic right ventricle: repair or replace?Roderick W C Scherptong
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Circulation 119:1467-72. 2009In patients with a right ventricle (RV) in the systemic position, tricuspid valve surgery for regurgitation beyond adolescence is a subject of debate...
- Evaluation of the tricuspid valve morphology and function by transthoracic real-time three-dimensional echocardiographyLuigi P Badano
Echo Lab, Department of Cardiopulmonary Sciences, University Hospital S Maria della Misericordia, P le S Maria della Misericordia 15, 33100 Udine, Italy
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:477-84. 2009Assessment of tricuspid valve (TV) function plays an important role in a number of clinical disease states, including left-sided valve disease and heart failure...
- Subacute tricuspid valve rupture after traumatic cardiac and pulmonary contusionsAlexander Kulik
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1111-2. 2006b>Tricuspid valve rupture is a rare complication after blunt chest trauma...
- Atrial replacement and tricuspid valve reconstruction after angiosarcoma resectionP M McFadden
Department of Surgery, Ochsner Clinic and Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 64:1164-6. 1997..was resected and successfully managed by replacement of the right atrium and bileaflet reconstruction of the tricuspid valve by conserving non-involved valvular tissue...
- Sepsis from insidious pacemaker infection and unsuspected tricuspid valve endocarditis: the importance of transesophageal echocardiography in guiding explantation strategySergey Belikov
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Comte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:505-7. 2005
- The relation between quantitative right ventricular ejection fraction and indices of tricuspid annular motion and myocardial performanceDarryl Miller
University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:443-7. 2004..Assessment of right ventricular (RV) function remains challenging because of complex RV chamber geometry and a paucity of easily derived and objective functional methods...
- Long-term outcomes of tricuspid valve replacement in the current eraFarzan Filsoufi
Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:845-50. 2005Regardless of the indication, tricuspid valve replacement (TVR) has historically been associated with high mortality and morbidity...
- The impact of ageing on right ventricular longitudinal function in healthy subjects: a pulsed tissue Doppler studyPasquale Innelli
Division of Cardioangiology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University Hospital, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:491-8. 2009..To evaluate the influence of age on pulsed Tissue Doppler-derived measurements of right ventricular (RV) tricuspid annulus in a population of healthy subjects and to propose reference values according to age decades...
- Long-term clinical results of tricuspid valve replacementByung Chul Chang
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiovascular Center, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1317-23, discussion 1323-4. 2006b>Tricuspid valve replacement (TVR) has been performed with mechanical or bioprosthetic valves. However, the relative advantages of the two types are incompletely known.
- Management of tricuspid valve regurgitationManuel J Antunes
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
Heart 93:271-6. 2007
- Midterm outcomes of tricuspid valve repair versus replacement for organic tricuspid diseaseSteve K Singh
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 82:1735-41; discussion 1741. 2006Organic tricuspid valve (TV) disease is uncommon. Few studies have compared TV repair with replacement in these patients...
- Prognostic usefulness of the tricuspid annular plane systolic excursion in patients with congestive heart failure secondary to idiopathic or ischemic dilated cardiomyopathyS Ghio
Dipartimento di Cardiologia and Direzione Scientifica, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Am J Cardiol 85:837-42. 2000..Furthermore, the measurement of TAPSE is easy to obtain in all patients, irrespective of heart rate and rhythm...
- Double orifice mitral valve with dysplastic tricuspid valve and intact interatrial septum: a three-dimensional echocardiographic studyMohammad Abdullah
The Cardiothoracic Centre, Liverpool NHS Trust, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescott Street, Liverpool, UK
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:598-9. 2008..We present a case in which 3D echocardiography helped clarify the underlying anatomy. The need exists for more extensive use of this technique to allow for surgical and pathological confirmation...
- Follow-up after surgical closure of congenital ventricular septal defectG Bol-Raap
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 24:511-5. 2003..The purpose of this retrospective study was to assess long-term outcome of children after surgical closure of a ventricular septal defect (VSD)...
- Tricuspid valve replacement: an analysis of risk factors and outcomesA Civelek
Department o Cardiovascular Surgery, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:456-60. 2008b>Tricuspid valve replacement (TVR) is rarely performed and is associated with a high morbidity and mortality. We report our experience with TVR and related adverse events.
- Secondary tricuspid regurgitation or dilatation: which should be the criteria for surgical repair?Gilles D Dreyfus
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, Harefield Hospital, Harefield, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 79:127-32. 2005..The purpose of this prospective study was to determine whether surgical repair of the tricuspid valve based on tricuspid dilatation rather than TR could lead to potential benefits.
- Latent tricuspid valve rupture after motor vehicle accident and routine echocardiography in all chest-wall traumasSuchi Khurana
Cardiovascular Investigations Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide 5000, SA, Australia
Tex Heart Inst J 36:615-7. 2009Blunt chest-wall trauma is common; however, resultant tricuspid valve rupture is rare and can be subtle in its presentation. Transthoracic echocardiography plays a key role in diagnosis...
- Is tricuspid valve replacement a catastrophic operation?Kiick Sung
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, 135 710, Republic of Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 36:825-9. 2009b>Tricuspid valve replacement (TVR) has a high postoperative mortality, despite recent advances in perioperative care. We report the results of our experience in TVR with an emphasis on early mortality and morbidity and long-term follow-up.
- Characteristics of cavotricuspid isthmus-dependent atrial flutter after left atrial ablation of atrial fibrillationAman Chugh
Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Circulation 113:609-15. 2006..The effects of left atrial (LA) ablation on the characteristics of CTI-dependent flutter have not been described...
- Mitral valve and tricuspid valve blood flow: accurate quantification with 3D velocity-encoded MR imaging with retrospective valve trackingJos J M Westenberg
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 249:792-800. 2008....
- Right ventricular systolic function is not the sole determinant of tricuspid annular motionAngel Lopez-Candales
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:973-7. 2006..TAPSE <2.0 cm is associated with some degree of either RV or LV dysfunction, whereas a value >2.0 cm suggests normal biventricular systolic function...
- Tricuspid valve surgery: a thirty-year assessment of early and late outcomeThomas Guenther
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, German Heart Center, Clinic at the Technical University Munich, Lazarettstrasse 36, Munich, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:402-9; discussion 409. 2008b>Tricuspid valve (TV) surgery is usually performed as a concomitant reconstruction procedure in addition to the correction of other cardiac pathologies. Isolated tricuspid procedures are exceptionally rare...
- Short- and long-term results of triple valve surgery in the modern eraBahaaldin Alsoufi
Peter Munk Cardiac Center, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 81:2172-7; discussion 2177-8. 2006..Triple valve surgery is usually complex and carries a reported operative mortality of 25% and 10-year survival of 40%. We examined surgical results in the modern era...
- Single cryothermia applications of less than five minutes produce permanent cavotricuspid isthmus block in humansRandy Manusama
Department of Cardiology, Academic Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Heart Rhythm 1:594-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare single-3-minute (single-3) with double-3-minute (double-3) cryothermia applications for treatment of atrial flutter (AFL)...
- Tricuspid valve tethering predicts residual tricuspid regurgitation after tricuspid annuloplastyShota Fukuda
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Circulation 111:975-9. 2005b>Tricuspid valve (TV) annuloplasty is recommended for functional tricuspid regurgitation (TR), which is caused by TV annulus dilatation and tethering of the leaflets...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of carcinoid heart diseaseDamian Franzen
Cardiology, Heart and Lung Center, Cologne, Germany
Clin Cardiol 32:E92-3. 2009..The postoperative course was uncomplicated, and the patient recuperated and resumed normal daily activities...
- Assessment of the tricuspid valve: a comparison of four transesophageal echocardiographic windowsAndrew D Maslow
Department of Anesthesiology, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:719-24. 2004b>Tricuspid valve annular dilation is associated with persistent tricuspid valve regurgitation (TR) after cardiac surgery...
- Dual site coronary sinus pacing in a patient with an artificial tricuspid valve prosthesisHans S Bos
Department of Cardiology, St Radboud University Medical Center Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1451-2. 2004For safety reasons, two leads for left ventricular pacing were implanted in the coronary sinus of a pacemaker dependent patient with an artificial tricuspid valve prosthesis.
- The associations between tricuspid annular plane systolic excursion (TAPSE), ventricular dyssynchrony, and ventricular interaction in heart failure patientsSaurabh Gupta
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East, Room 4A100, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2401, USA
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:766-71. 2008....
- Right ventricular reduction as an adjunct procedure in tricuspid valve repairUtz Kappert
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heart Centre Dresden, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 85:e27-9. 2008..Furthermore, geometrical changes of the right ventricle lead to tethering of the tricuspid valve leaflets and thereby to an incomplete leaflet coaptation...
- Incidence of atrial fibrillation post-cavotricuspid isthmus ablation in patients with typical atrial flutter: left-atrial size as an independent predictor of atrial fibrillation recurrenceKeith Ellis
Center for Atrial Fibrillation, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:799-802. 2007..The long-term occurrence of atrial fibrillation in patients presenting with atrial flutter alone is unknown. We report the long-term follow-up in patients who underwent cavotricuspid isthmus ablation for treatment of lone atrial flutter...
- Tricuspid valve repair with an annuloplasty ring results in improved long-term outcomesGilbert H L Tang
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 114:I577-81. 2006The purpose of this study was to compare the long-term results of tricuspid valve (TV) repair with or without an annuloplasty ring.
- [Tricuspid valve endocarditis after umbilical piercing]P Dupont
Service de cardiologie, CHU de Caen
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:629-31. 2006..Indeed, infective endocarditis after body piercing are more often brought back with a generally sterner evolution that in our observation...
- Daptomycin cure after cefazolin treatment failure of Methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA) tricuspid valve acute bacterial endocarditis from a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) lineBurke A Cunha
Infectious Disease Division, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, NY 11501, USA
Heart Lung 34:442-7. 2005..We report a case of methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus tricuspid valve (TV) ABE related to a peripherally inserted central catheter line (PICC)...
- Suture bicuspidization of the tricuspid valve versus ring annuloplasty for repair of functional tricuspid regurgitation: midterm results of 237 consecutive patientsRavi K Ghanta
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:117-26. 2007..We reviewed our experience with tricuspid posterior annular bicuspidization versus ring tricuspid annuloplasty for treatment of functional tricuspid regurgitation...
- Early outcomes of tricuspid valve replacement in young childrenHeather L Bartlett
Department of Pediatrics, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Circulation 115:319-25. 2007Early outcomes after tricuspid valve replacement in young children are ill defined...
- Tricuspid valve repair in an infant with multiple obstructive Candida mycetomasGiovanni Battista Luciani
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 80:2378-81. 2005..We present a case of a premature infant with multiple Candida tricuspid valve mycetomas...
- The clover technique for the treatment of complex tricuspid valve insufficiency: midterm clinical and echocardiographic results in 66 patientsElisabetta Lapenna
Department of Cardiac Surgery, San Raffaele University Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:1297-303. 2010..This study assesses the results of the 'clover technique' (suturing together the middle point of the free edges of the tricuspid leaflets) for the treatment of tricuspid regurgitation (TR) due to severe prolapse or tethering...
- Thrombolytic treatment as first option in recurrent tricuspid prosthetic valve thrombosis and Ebstein's anomalyFidel Manuel Cáceres-Lóriga
Institute of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Havana, Cuba
J Pharm Pharm Sci 8:332-4. 2005..A 49 years old female patient is reported where thrombolytic therapy with recombinant Streptokinase (TT-rSK) was the first treatment choice in seven recurrent episodes of prosthetic valve thrombosis...
- Further information from a sonometric study of the normal tricuspid valve annulus in sheep: geometric changes during the cardiac cycleJerome Jouan
The International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation at St Patrick Hospital and Health Sciences Center and The University of Montana, Missoula, Montana 59802, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 16:511-8. 2007In a previous sono-metric study, changes were described that occurred in the normal tricuspid valve during the cardiac cycle...
- Midterm follow-up of tricuspid valve reconstruction due to active infective endocarditisRoman Gottardi
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1943-8. 2007Surgical methods for treatment of tricuspid valve (TV) endocarditis include complete TV excision, TV replacement, and the use of various reconstructive techniques even in cases of severe TV destruction and incompetence...
- New transvenous implantable cardioverter defibrillator configuration for use after tricuspid valve surgeryJ Alberto Lopez
Department of Cardiology, The Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, 6624 Fannin, Suite 2780, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Europace 10:736-7. 2008A 57-year-old patient with a tricuspid valve (TV) prosthesis underwent successful atrioventricular pacing and internal defibrillation via a totally transvenous approach without crossing the TV...
- Variations in the papillary muscles of normal tricuspid valve and their clinical relevance in medicolegal autopsiesEkin O Aktas
Department of Forensic Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Saudi Med J 25:1176-85. 2004In our study, tricuspid valves in cases of sudden death secondary to congenital differences of the tricuspid valve with significant papillary muscle anatomy were investigated...
- Patient-Specific Modeling for Analysis of Aortic AneurysmsCAITLIN MARIE MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..To accomplish this goal, I will study and compare healthy tricuspid valve patients with no aortic aneurysm and BAV patients with aortic aneurysm...
- Defibrillation Mechanisms in Infarcted HeartsNatalia A Trayanova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of these mechanisms could suggest new routes to optimizing defibrillation procedure or could lead to the development of novel interventions that lower defibrillation threshold. ..
- CARDIAC TISSUE STRUCTURE IN THE DEFIBRILLATION PROCESSNatalia Trayanova; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed research is expected to guide experimental design and interpretation of experimental findings, and ultimately, to lead to rational rather than trial-and-error advancements in defibrillation procedure. ..
- Expert Visual Guidance of Ultrasound for TelemedicineFlorence Sheehan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim #4 is to make the guidance easily applicable to different organs. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BOEC in BiologyRobert Hebbel; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aside from eventual therapeutics, these studies will define aspects of this unique cell type. ..
- Prognostic Factors, Genetics, and Therapy in PAH-SSDSTEPHEN MATHAI; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISM & THERAPY OF POST-MI MITRAL REGURGITATIONJudy Hung; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL HEMATO-ENDOTHELIAL BIOLOGY OF P1H12Robert Hebbel; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies represent a first step towards defining the role of P1H12 in embryology, with an emphasis on hematopoiesis and vasculogenesis (as rationalized by exciting preliminary data). ..
- Immunopathogenic features in calcific aortic stenosisRobert Winchester; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- ERYTHROCYTE MEMBRANE ABNORMALITIES IN SICKLE DISEASERobert Hebbel; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will rigorously test our hypotheses regarding the participation of TSP and CD36 in mediating sickle RBC adhesion to endothelium. ..
- Biopolymer injection for treatment of ischemic MRJudy Hung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Van Wedeen) and cardiovascular physiology and surgery (Dr. Vlahakes). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- APOE Genotype and Sequelae of Infant Cardiac SurgeryJames Gaynor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Post Coronary Bypass Atrial Arrhythmic Prediction RuleRod Passman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project will be an integral part of the candidate?s career development plan and his maturation as an epidemiologist, cardiac electrophysiologist, and clinical investigator. ..
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease in Filipina WomenMARIA ARANETA; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Prediction of Lupus Outcome by Gene Expression PatternsRobert Winchester; Fiscal Year: 2006..Second, whether CellCept will prove to be efficacious in a different gene expression subset, suggesting it could be used in these cases as a less toxic alternative to Cytoxan. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL OUTGROWTH FROM BLOODRobert Hebbel; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..