Genomes and Genes
Summary: The thin membranous structure between the two heart atria or the thick muscular structure between the two heart ventricles.
Publications214 found, 100 shown here
- Septal ethanol ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: early and intermediate results of a Canadian referral centreRohan Bhagwandeen
Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Can J Cardiol 19:912-7. 2003..This procedure involves targeted infarction of the basal interventricular septum to reduce left ventricular outflow tract (LVOT) obstruction...
- Tbx5 specifies the left/right ventricles and ventricular septum position during cardiogenesisJun K Takeuchi
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5, Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Development 130:5953-64. 2003..Taken together, our data indicate that Tbx5 specifies the identity of LV through tight interactions among several heart-specific factors, and highlight the essential roles of Tbx5 in cardiac development...
- Temporal and distinct TGFbeta ligand requirements during mouse and avian endocardial cushion morphogenesisTodd D Camenisch
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Dev Biol 248:170-81. 2002..Thus, both TGFbeta2 and TGFbeta3 appear necessary for the full morphogenetic program of EMT in the chick, but only TGFbeta2 is expressed and obligatory for mammalian endocardial cushion cell transformation...
- Versican expression is associated with chamber specification, septation, and valvulogenesis in the developing mouse heartD J Henderson
Neural Development Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
Circ Res 83:523-32. 1998..Versican may be a key participant in cardiogenesis, responding to the many diffusible signals that mediate interactions between the developing endocardium and myocardium...
- Left and right ventricular contributions to the formation of the interventricular septum in the mouse heartDiego Franco
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Experimental Sciences, University of Jaen, 23071 Jaen, Spain
Dev Biol 294:366-75. 2006..Examination of the orientation as well as the distribution of labeled cells in clusters provides new insights into the morphogenesis of the septum...
- Controversies in cardiovascular medicine. Benefits of surgery in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: bring septal myectomy back for European patientsBarry J Maron
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Center, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, 920 E 28th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Eur Heart J 32:1055-8. 2011..It is our aspiration that this discussion will generate reconsideration and resurgence of interest in surgical septal myectomy as a treatment option for severely symptomatic obstructive HCM patients within Europe...
- Surgical septal myectomy decreases the risk for appropriate implantable cardioverter defibrillator discharge in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathyChristopher J McLeod
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Eur Heart J 28:2583-8. 2007..Surgical myectomy is the primary treatment strategy for relief of symptoms owing to LVOTO and has been hypothesized to decrease the potential for ventricular tachyarrhythmias...
- Myths about surgical myectomy: rumors of its death have been greatly exaggeratedBarry J Maron
Am J Cardiol 101:887-9. 2008
- Controversies in cardiovascular medicine. Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: alcohol septal ablationMichael A Fifer
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Eur Heart J 32:1059-64. 2011..Non-randomized comparisons of septal ablation and septal myectomy have shown similar mortality rates and post-procedure New York Heart Association class for the two procedures...
- Prevalence of idiopathic hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in China: a population-based echocardiographic analysis of 8080 adultsYubao Zou
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Beijing, China
Am J Med 116:14-8. 2004..To determine the prevalence of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in China...
- American College of Cardiology/European Society of Cardiology clinical expert consensus document on hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on Clinical Expert Consensus Documents and the European SBarry J Maron
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1687-713. 2003
- Septal dyskinesia and global left ventricular dysfunction in pediatric Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome with septal accessory pathwayBo Sang Kwon
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 21:290-5. 2010..The aim of the present study was to determine the extent to which the AP contributes to global left ventricular (LV) dysfunction...
- Dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction secondary to catecholamine excess in a normal ventricleS Mingo
Int J Cardiol 112:393-6. 2006..We have met only one case reported in the literature matching those conditions. In order to treat this type of patients properly, it is essential to take in consideration this pathology...
- Role of septal to posterior wall motion delay in cardiac resynchronization therapyMaria Vittoria Pitzalis
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:596-7. 2006
- Mitral valve abnormalities in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: echocardiographic features and surgical outcomesRyan K Kaple
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 85:1527-35, 1535.e1-2. 2008..This study was conducted to define the echocardiographic features of MV pathology in patients with HCM and relate these to repairability of the MV, MV procedures performed, durability of repair, and survival...
- Surgical management of obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: the gold standardMorgan L Brown
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 6:715-22. 2008..In our practice, septal myectomy remains the gold standard for treatment of obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- [Evolution of the surgical strategy in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: case studies of eight patients]Thomas Joudinaud
Service de chirurgie cardiaque, Hopital Bichat, 46, rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 57:16-21. 2008..There was an evolution in the surgical strategy to treat the patients who present a left ventricular outflow tract gradient...
- Impact of septal myectomy on left atrial volume and left ventricular diastolic filling patterns: an echocardiographic study of young patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathyShaji C Menon
Departments of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:684-8. 2008..Left atrial (LA) enlargement has been associated with exercise intolerance, severity of mitral regurgitation (MR), and left ventricular (LV) outflow tract (LVOT) obstruction in adults with HCM...
- Extended myectomy for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy after failure or contraindication of septal ablation or with combined surgical proceduresH Dorge
Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart Center Göttingen, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 52:344-8. 2004..The introduction of catheter-based procedures restricts surgical therapy to a subset of patients not suitable for septal ablation or requiring concomitant cardiac surgery...
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy for primary prevention of sudden death after alcohol septal ablation of hypertrophic cardiomyopathyFrank A Cuoco
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1718-23. 2008....
- Early onset and progression of left ventricular remodeling after alcohol septal ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyWillem G van Dockum
Department of Cardiology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 111:2503-8. 2005..We sought to describe the early to midterm changes and modulating factors of the remodeling process using cardiac MRI (CMR)...
- Ventricular septal rupture after acute myocardial infarctionYochai Birnbaum
Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0553, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1426-32. 2002
- Interventricular septal configuration at mr imaging and pulmonary arterial pressure in pulmonary hypertensionRoald J Roeleveld
Departments of Pulmonology and Physics and Medical Technology, VU University Medical Center Institute of Cardiovascular Research ICaR VU, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Radiology 234:710-7. 2005..To investigate whether a relationship exists between septum shape and systolic pulmonary arterial pressure (PAP) in patients with pulmonary hypertension...
- Long-term effects of surgical septal myectomy on survival in patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathySteve R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:470-6. 2005..This study sought to determine the impact of surgical myectomy on long-term survival in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Cardiac septation: a late contribution of the embryonic primary myocardium to heart morphogenesisWouter H Lamers
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Res 91:93-103. 2002....
- Comparison of surgical septal myectomy and alcohol septal ablation with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyUma S Valeti
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:350-7. 2007..This study sought to describe the acute morphologic differences that result from septal myectomy and alcohol septal ablation using cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) imaging...
- Controversies in cardiovascular medicine. Surgical myectomy remains the primary treatment option for severely symptomatic patients with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathyBarry J Maron
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, 920 E 28th St, Ste 60, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Circulation 116:196-206; discussion 206. 2007
- Ventricular septal defect and cardiomyopathy in mice lacking the transcription factor CHF1/Hey2Yasuhiko Sakata
Vascular Medicine Research, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16197-202. 2002..These mice provide a useful model for the study of the ontogeny and natural history of ventricular septal defects and cardiomyopathy...
- The effect of dobutamine stress on left ventricular outflow tract gradients in hypertensive patients with basal septal hypertrophyFatih Yalcin
Baskent University School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Medical and Research Center, Adana, Turkey
Angiology 55:295-301. 2004..This suggests dynamic ventricular ejection by stress may contribute to hypertrophy of the basal segment, which is the closest part of septum to increased afterload...
- Initial experience using a radiofrequency powered transseptal needleMatthew P Smelley
Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 21:423-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine the safety and efficacy of using a novel radiofrequency (RF) powered transseptal needle to perform transseptal puncture (TSP)...
- Transseptal left heart catheterization a 50-year odysseyJohn Ross
University of California San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2107-15. 2008....
- Meltrin beta expressed in cardiac neural crest cells is required for ventricular septum formation of the heartKouji Komatsu
Department of Growth Regulation, Institute for Frontier Medical Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Dev Biol 303:82-92. 2007..These results genetically demonstrated a critical role of cardiac neural crest cells expressing Meltrin beta in triggering fusion of the proximal OT cushions and in formation of the ventricular septum...
- A novel role for VEGF in endocardial cushion formation and its potential contribution to congenital heart defectsY Dor
Department of Molecular Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Development 128:1531-8. 2001..Moreover, ischemia-induced VEGF may be the molecular link between hypoxia and congenital defects in heart septation...
- Notch activation results in phenotypic and functional changes consistent with endothelial-to-mesenchymal transformationMichela Noseda
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Circ Res 94:910-7. 2004....
- False tendons: an endoscopic cadaveric approachMarios Loukas
Department of Anatomical Sciences, St George s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
Clin Anat 20:163-9. 2007..Histologically, in 30% of the FTs, conduction tissue fiber was observed to be present, which may implicate them in the appearance of arrhythmias...
- Survival after transcoronary ablation of septal hypertrophy in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (TASH): a 10 year experienceHorst Kuhn
Chefarzt a D der Klinik für Kardiologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Klinikum Bielefeld Mitte, Jörg Tömlingerstr 16, 82152 Planegg, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 97:234-43. 2008..Theoretically, the method may be harmful, because widening of the obstructed left ventricular outflow tract is achieved by a septal infarction and subsequently by a potentially arrhythmogenic scar...
- One-year follow-up of percutaneous septal ablation for symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy in 312 patients: predictors of hemodynamic and clinical responseL Faber
Department of Cardiology, Heart and Diabetes Center NRW, Ruhr University Bochum, GeorgStr 11, 32545, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 96:864-73. 2007....
- Extended septal myectomy for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy with anomalous mitral papillary muscles or chordaeKenji Minakata
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:481-9. 2004..We reviewed our results of procedures designed to relieve obstruction with preservation of the mitral valve...
- Sustained improvement after combined anterior mitral leaflet extension and myectomy in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyChris van der Lee
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 108:2088-92. 2003..The study presents the long-term clinical results and outcome of this technique...
- Short- and long-term hemodynamic effects of intra-aortic balloon support in ventricular septal defect complicating acute myocardial infarctionHolger Thiele
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Leipzig, Heart Center, Germany
Am J Cardiol 92:450-4. 2003..In patients who can be stabilized or remain stable, there is no habituation to the effects of the intra-aortic balloon pump; thus, later surgical closure of the ventricular septal defect might be possible in some patients...
- Percutaneous versus surgical treatment for patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy and enlarged anterior mitral valve leafletsChris van der Lee
Thoraxcenter, Room Ba 302, Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 112:482-8. 2005..Myectomy with MLE previously demonstrated superior hemodynamic results compared with standard myectomy, but its value relative to PTSMA is unknown...
- Pressure-guided nonsurgical myocardial reduction induced by small septal infarctions in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyP Boekstegers
Internal Medicine I, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:846-53. 2001..We sought to assess the safety and efficacy of pressure-guided nonsurgical myocardial reduction (NSMR) with the induction of small septal infarctions in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)...
- Surgical versus alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: the pendulum swingsMagdi H Yacoub
Circulation 112:450-2. 2005
- Comparison of ethanol septal reduction therapy with surgical myectomy for the treatment of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyS F Nagueh
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:1701-6. 2001....
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy--the benefits of a multidisciplinary approachEugene Braunwald
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1306-7. 2002
- Role of transcoronary ablation of septal hypertrophy in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, New York Heart Association functional class III or IV, and outflow obstruction only under provocable conditionsFrank H Gietzen
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, The Bielefeld Hospital, Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Muenster, Bielefeld, Germany
Circulation 106:454-9. 2002..It remains a point of debate whether an outflow obstruction at rest is a necessary criterion for interventional therapy...
- Septal myotomy-myectomy and transcoronary septal alcohol ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. A comparison of clinical, haemodynamic and exercise outcomesS Firoozi
Department of Cardiological Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Eur Heart J 23:1617-24. 2002..The aim of this non-randomized cohort study was to compare subjective and objective outcomes in patients undergoing these therapies...
- Percutaneous transluminal septal ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyH Seggewiss
Department of Cardiology, Heart and Diabetes Center NRW, Ruhr University Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 47:94-100. 1999....
- Anatomy of the first septal perforating artery: a study with implications for ablation therapy for hypertrophic cardiomyopathyM Singh
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:799-802. 2001..Similar findings were noted in patients with HCM. A detailed evaluation of the distribution of the FSPA may be necessary in all patients with HCM who are undergoing alcohol septal ablation...
- Using a human cardiopulmonary model to study and predict normal and diseased ventricular mechanics, septal interaction, and atrio-ventricular blood flow patternsC Luo
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rice University, 6100 Main St, Houston, TX 77005 1892, USA
Cardiovasc Eng 7:17-31. 2007..It could also simulate the hemodynamic and respiratory effects of ventricular and pulmonary assist devices, and thus help with their development...
- Surgery insight: Septal myectomy for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy--the Mayo Clinic experienceJoseph A Dearani
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 4:503-12. 2007..These results should serve as a basis for comparison with newer nonsurgical treatment regimens...
- Sustained ventricular tachycardia following alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyRon D B Simon
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:1354-6. 2005..This case demonstrates probable scar-induced reentrant VT post-alcohol septal ablation, a likely rare but hypothesized complication of this procedure...
- Echocardiographic detection and long-term outcome of coronary artery-left ventricle fistula after septal myectomy in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyJ J Bax
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 14:308-10. 2001..Transesophageal echo-cardiography may be the preferred method to diagnose and evaluate these fistulas. Moreover, in contrast to fistulas to the right ventricle, conservative management carried a good prognosis in this patient...
- A prospective follow-up of alcohol septal ablation for symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy--the Baylor experience (1996-2002)Valerian L Fernandes
Section of Cardiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 77030, USA
Clin Cardiol 28:124-30. 2005..There is a paucity of data on the long-term outcome of alcohol septal ablation (ASA) for symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)...
- Percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: acute results and 3-month follow-up in 25 patientsH Seggewiss
Department of Cardiology, Heart and Diabetes Center Nordrhein Westfalch, University Hospital of the Ruhr University of Bochum, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 31:252-8. 1998..We report the acute results and midterm clinical course after percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation (PTSMA) in symptomatic patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)...
- Comparison of dual-chamber pacing with nonsurgical septal reduction effect in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyP Petkow Dimitrow
Institute of Cardiology, Collegium Medicum Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Int J Cardiol 94:31-4. 2004..The aim of the study was to compare the influence of dual-chamber pacing vs. nonsurgical septal reduction on hemodynamic and morphological parameters in patients with obstructive form of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- [Left coronaro-ventricular fistula after septal myectomy]A Sarkis
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 85:457-60. 1992....
- Complications of percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyWeiwei Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Liaoning Provincial Hospital, Liaoning Cardiac Centre, Shenyang 110016, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:1283-6. 2002..To assess the complications of percutaneous tansluminal septal myocardial ablation (PTSMA) for the treatment of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)...
- Long-term follow-up of acquired coronary artery fistula after septal myectomy for hypertrophic cardiomyopathyAshish Awasthi
Division of Cardiology, State University of New York, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:1104-7. 2002..Medical therapy appears to be the appropriate treatment strategy in these patients...
- Acute decompensation of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy secondary to A-V disassociation: successful treatment with a combination of alcohol septal ablation and permanent pacemakerSameer Rohatgi
Cardiovascular Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Interv Cardiol 18:401-6. 2005..This case report is also a unique description of alcohol septal ablation being performed emergently to improve hemodynamics and the urgent implantation of a permanent pacemaker to return A-V synchrony...
- Live three-dimensional transthoracic echocardiographic demonstration of septal perforator coronary artery-left ventricle fistulas following myectomyVinod Patel
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Echocardiography 22:273-5. 2005..Our case demonstrates the potential usefulness of 3D TTE as a supplement to 2D TTE in the assessment of septal coronary artery-left ventricle fistulas...
- [Percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation: early results and long-term follow-up]Łukasz Tekieli
Klinika Chorób Serca i Naczyń, Krakowski Szpital Specjalistyczny im Jana Pawła II, Uniwersytet Jagiellonski, Collegium Medicum, Krakow
Przegl Lek 63:628-32. 2006..The aim of our study was to analyze early results, complications and long-term follow-up in patients after PTSMA...
- Real-time 3-dimensional echocardiographic features of fetal cardiac tumorToshiyuki Hata
Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Clin Ultrasound 35:338-40. 2007..Real-time 3D echocardiography with instantaneous volume rendering showed the cardiac tumors in motion. The advantages and disadvantages of real-time 3D fetal echocardiography are discussed...
- Pressure gradient response after alcohol septal ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyJosef Veselka
Kardiol Pol 64:1161-2; author reply 1162. 2006
- Residual fibrosis affects a long-term result of left ventricular volume reduction surgery for dilated cardiomyopathy in a rat experimental studyTaiko Horii
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:1174-9. 2004..The aim of this study is to evaluate the relationship between left ventricular (LV) wall property and the results of LV volume reduction surgery (LVR) to treat dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) in an experimental model...
- Treatment of right ventricle to coronary artery connections in infants with pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septumJohn E Foker
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:749-56. 2008..Our purpose is to present the first series of right ventricle to coronary artery connections ligated off bypass before right ventricular decompression and to evaluate the consequences of this approach...
- Usefulness of real-time three-dimensional echocardiography for evaluation of myectomy in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJian Xin Qin
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:964-6. 2004..4 +/- 0.7 vs 5.1 +/- 1.2 cm(2), p <0.01), significantly increased after myectomy (4.8 +/- 1.8 cm2, p <0.01) and was associated with a reduction of the pressure gradient at rest from 63 +/- 41 to 15 +/- 5 mm Hg (p <0.01)...
- Non-compaction of the right atrium and left ventricle in Ebstein's malformationClaudia Stollberger
Second Medical Department, Krankenanstalt Rudolfstiftung, Vienna, Austria
J Heart Valve Dis 15:719-20. 2006..Neurologically, hypoacusis, positive pyramidal signs, postural tremor and brisk tendon reflexes were identified...
- Beneficial effect of cibenzoline on left ventricular pressure gradient with sigmoid septumChika Konishi
Department of Cardiology, Kyoto Prefectural Rakuto Hospital, Japan
Circ J 68:968-71. 2004..This case shows that cibenzoline may be useful in the treatment of left ventricular outflow tract obstruction caused by sigmoid septum...
- Pathomorphological variants of midventricular obstruction of interventricular septum during hypertrophic cardiomyopathyV D Rozenberg
Department of General Pathology and Pathomorphology, Institute of Regional Pathology and Pathomorphology, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 137:614-8. 2004....
- Echo-guided percutaneous septal ablation for symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: 7 years of experienceLothar Faber
Department of Cardiology, Heart and Diabetes Center North Rhine Westphalia, Ruhr University Bochum, GeorgStr 11, D 32545 Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Eur J Echocardiogr 5:347-55. 2004....
- Alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: a systematic review of published studiesMahboob Alam
Baylor College of Medicine Cardiology, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Interv Cardiol 19:319-27. 2006..The purpose of this study is to analyze all the published literature on outcomes and complications after ASA...
- Septal alcohol ablation in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: improving cardiac function by generating a myocardial scarGeorgios K Efthimiadis
Eur Heart J 28:1270-1; author reply 1271. 2007
- Septal myectomy for obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in pediatric patients: early and late resultsKenji Minakata
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1424-9; discussion 1429-30. 2005..Transaortic left ventricular septal myectomy provides excellent outcomes for adults with obstructive HCM. We sought to assess the effect of septal myectomy on late survival and outcome in pediatric patients with obstructive HCM...
- Right atrial rhabdomyoma acting as the substrate for Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome in a 3-month-old infantPoothirikovil Venugopalan
Department of Child Health, Sultan Qaboos University Hospital, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Acta Cardiol 60:543-5. 2005..Right atrial rhabdomyomas are rare and to our knowledge this is the first reported instance where we could document clearly that the tumour itself formed the substrate for the WPW syndrome...
- Comparison of the clinical features of apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy versus asymmetric septal hypertrophy in KoreaHyun Suk Yang
Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 20:111-5. 2005..We sought to test whether patients with apical hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (APH) have different clinical features compared to those with typical asymmetric septal hypertrophy (ASH)...
- Resection of a lipomatous hypertrophic interatrial septum involving the right ventricleNiels J Verberkmoes
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Catharina Hospital, Michelangelolaan 2, 5623 EJ Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:654-7. 2007..The postoperative period was complicated by superior vena cava syndrome for which she underwent re-operation. The post mortem histopathological diagnosis was a lipomatous hypertrophic interatrial septum...
- Catheter-based septal ablation for symptomatic hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy: follow-up results of the TASH-registry of the German Cardiac SocietyL Faber
Kardiologische Klinik Herz und Diabeteszentrum NRW, Universitatsklinik der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Georgstrasse 11, 32545 Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Z Kardiol 94:516-23. 2005..An analysis of the acute results has already been published. We now report on the mid-term course (3-6 months) of 242 pts. registered through September 1999...
- Comparison of percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation versus septal myectomy for the treatment of patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy--a meta analysisZhiyu Zeng
Center for Arrhythmia Diagnosis and Treatment, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Int J Cardiol 112:80-4. 2006..The effects of percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation (PTSMA) with septal myectomy in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM) are not thoroughly compared...
- Quantitative estimation of left atrial linear dimension on a transthoracic echocardiogram using an electrocardiographic formulaic assessmentVignendra Ariyarajah
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, St Boniface General Hospital University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Am J Cardiol 100:894-8. 2007..The LA regression formula is an indirect asset that could perhaps supplement LA quantification on TTE in certain circumstances...
- The concentration of atrial and brain natriuretic peptide in patients with idiopathic hypertensionRobert Irzmanski
Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiological Rehabilitation, University Hospital No 5, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Med Sci Monit 13:CR449-56. 2007....
- Transatrial septal catheterization using a new radiofrequency probeWarren Sherman
Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:14-7. 2005..We have used an alternative method for transseptal access to the left atrium, which employs a novel radiofrequency catheter system. In this report, we describe the system and its use in our initial series of patients...
- Partial myocardial fibrosis in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy demonstrated by 18F-fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography and multislice computed tomographyNobusada Funabashi
Int J Cardiol 107:284-6. 2006
- Right atrial dissecting intramural hematoma resulting in interventricular communication without ventricular septal defect: a rare complication of myocardial infarctionDimitrios Patsouras
Cardiology 104:191-2. 2005
- The atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia circuit: a proposalDemosthenes G Katritsis
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, 9 Athanassiadou Street, Athens 11521, Greece
Heart Rhythm 4:1354-60. 2007..In the present article, we summarize the available evidence and propose a comprehensive model of the tachycardia circuit for all forms of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia based on the concept of atrionodal inputs...
- Alcohol septal ablation after failed surgical myectomyDominique Joyal
Division of Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:999-1002. 2007....
- Total correction of complete atrioventricular septal defect with tetralogy of FallotEdvin Prifti
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, G Pasquinucci Hospital, CREAS IFC CNR, Massa, Italy
J Heart Valve Dis 12:640-8. 2003..The authors' experience in surgical management of tetralogy of Fallot in association with complete atrioventricular septal defect (CAVSD-TOF) is reported...
- Left atrial mechanical function in patients with essential hypertensionMustafa Kemal Erol
Ataturk University Medical School Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Erzurum, Turkey
Acta Cardiol 57:323-7. 2002..This study was carried out to assess the left atrial (LA) mechanical function in patients with essential hypertension with two-dimensional echocardiography by means of left atrial volume measurements...
- Does impaired left ventricular relaxation affect P wave dispersion in patients with hypertension?Abdullah Dogan
Department of Cardiology, Sevket Demirel Heart Center, Isparta, Turkey
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 8:189-93. 2003..P wave dispersion (PD) is considered to reflect the heterogeneous conduction in atria. We investigated whether there was a correlation between the left ventricular (LV) relaxation and PD...
- Feasibility and safety of immediate perioperative implantation of intravascular stents in cavopulmonary pathwaysMuhammad Walayat
Department of Cardiology, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Yorkhill, Glasgow, Scotland
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 60:94-8; discussion 99-100. 2003..We report the successful use of endovascular stents during the immediate postoperative period in patients undergoing cavopulmonary anastomoses...
- Fenestrated Amplatzer device for percutaneous creation of interatrial communication in patients after Fontan operationRitu Chatrath
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 60:88-93. 2003..At follow-up, device fenestration was occluded in both patients. In both patients, the device fenestration was reopened and patency maintained by placement of two stents within the communicating channel...
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy with infundibular stenosis treated by alcohol ablation therapySung Hak Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Inha Medical Center, Inha University, Inchon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:585-8. 2003..This is the first case in which HOCM with infundibular stenosis of the right ventricle was treated by alcohol ablation therapy...
- Depth variation bias and interaction with gain setting in ultrasonic tissue characterization by integrated backscatter analysisMarcello Chinali
Echocardiography Laboratory, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University Hospital, School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:54-60. 2003..Using appropriate regression modeling may allow analysis in optimal imaging conditions, tolerating between-patient comparisons even in limited diastolic frames...
- Evolution of ventricular septal defect with special reference to spontaneous closure rate, subaortic ridge and aortic valve prolapseA G Eroglu
Department of Pediatrics, Istanbul University Cerrahpas, a Medical Faculty, Aksaray, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Cardiol 24:31-5. 2003..3% (33) of 450 patients with perimembranous defect. There was no statistical significance between the age at closure and the age of detection of aneurysmal transformation in the patients with perimembranous defect (p = 0.25)...
- Doppler tissue imaging: regional myocardial function in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and in athlete's heartNuno Cardim
Department of Cardiology, Hospital Pulido Valente, Lisbon, Portugal
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:223-32. 2003....
- Complete heart block: determinants and clinical impact in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy undergoing nonsurgical septal reduction therapySu Min Chang
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:296-300. 2003..The purpose of this paper is to examine the incidence and determinants of permanent complete heart block (CHB) after nonsurgical septal reduction therapy (NSRT), and to evaluate the clinical impact of permanent pacemaker (PPM) placement...
- Phased-array intracardiac echocardiography for defining cavotricuspid isthmus anatomy during radiofrequency ablation of typical atrial flutterJoseph B Morton
Department of Cardiology, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:591-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the utility of phased-array intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) for imaging the CTI and monitoring RFA of AFL...
- Remodelling after surgical repair of atrial septal defects within the oval fossaChristine H Attenhofer Jost
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital, Zurich Switzerland
Cardiol Young 12:506-12. 2002..Despite preserved systolic function, persistent diastolic dysfunction is common and is associated with elevated levels of brain natriuretic peptide, which may explain the late occurrence of atrial arrhythmias...
- Comparison of left ventricular diastolic function in obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in patients undergoing percutaneous septal alcohol ablation versus surgical myotomy/myectomyMarta Sitges
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:817-21. 2003..Thus, diastolic function indexes obtained by echocardiography changed after septal reduction interventions in patients with obstructive HC; this change was similar to that after surgical myectomy and ASR...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Atrial septal defect device closure in a patient with lipomatous hypertrophy of the atrial septumWilliam Stuart Moir
Centre for Heart and Chest Research, Department of Medicine, Monash University and Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Circulation 107:e217. 2003
- Transthoracic echocardiographic demonstration of septal perforator coronary arteries-left ventricle fistulaSteven K Sooudi
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Heart Station SWB S102, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 619 South 19th Street, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
Echocardiography 20:197-8. 2003..In some views this finding mimicked aortic regurgitation...
- Function of FibulinsMon Li Chu; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies will provide insights into the role of fibulins in human disease and the mechanism of cardiovascular development. ..
- Controlled Reperfusion for Whole Body Ischemic InjuryGerald Buckberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..If this novel method of management is correct, the scheme of diagnosis and management of this almost always fatal cardiac arrest complex will change markedly. ..
- CRANIOFACIAL MORPHOGENESIS IN PRENATAL ALCOHOL EXPOSURESusan Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results also may provide possible explanations for genetic-based variations in fetal responses to prenatal ethanol exposure. ..
- 14th Biennial FASEB Summer Research Conference on RetinoidsSusan Smith; Fiscal Year: 2008..Its goal is to stimulate scientific exchange and new investigations that will provide needed insights into retinoid roles in disease prevention and treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TGFB RECEPTOR EXPRESSION AND FUNCTION IN CARDIOGENESISJoey Barnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our long-term goal to understand the role of TGFbeta in cushion transformation and the genesis of congenital heart defects due to abnormal cushion transformation. ..
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- COCAINE EXPOSED INFANTS--CARDIAC PROBLEMS AND OUTCOMESudhir Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2001..Therefore, it is crucial to understand the natural history of the cardiovascular abnormalities before measures can be directed toward their treatment and prevention. ..
- Cerebellar stimulation for motor recovery from strokeAndre Machado; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, promising results from a study such as the one proposed ultimately could lead directly to trials in human patients with stroke as the hardware and techniques are already well established. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN CARDIOVASCULAR PHARMACOLOGYJoey Barnett; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our overall goal is to train scientists who will be leaders in academia, industry, or regulatory affairs. ..
- National Pharmacology Directors of Graduate Programs MeetingJoey Barnett; Fiscal Year: 2007..A continuing dialogue among Directors of training programs and other scientists with an interest in training is identified as a desired major outcome. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pediatric Thin-Film TiNi Catheter-Based Heart ValveDaniel Levi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II studies will focus on accelerated wear testing, long-term in vivo animal testing, and manufacturing issues. ..
- Atrionodal Bundles:Histologic and Physiologic ValidationDARLENE RACKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies are expected to provide a basis for evaluating transmission, arrhythmogenesis, and drug interactions at the tissue level. ..
- Deep brain stimulation of the ventral anterior limb of the internal capsule for mAndre Machado; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, we describe an innovative approach to alleviate suffering and disability among those with severe and refractory chronic neuropathic pain. ..