Genomes and Genes
inferior vena cava
Summary: The venous trunk which receives blood from the lower extremities and from the pelvic and abdominal organs.
Publications294 found, 100 shown here
- Reappraisal of the use of inferior vena cava for estimating right atrial pressureJ Matthew Brennan
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:857-61. 2007..Traditional classification of RAP into 5-mm Hg ranges based on IVC size and collapsibility performed poorly (43% accurate) and a new classification scheme is proposed...
- The respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter as a guide to fluid therapyMarc Feissel
Réanimation Médicale et Maladies Infectieuses, Centre Hospitalier de Belfort, Belfort, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1834-7. 2004To investigate whether the respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter (DeltaD(IVC)) could be related to fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients.
- Respiratory changes in inferior vena cava diameter are helpful in predicting fluid responsiveness in ventilated septic patientsChristophe Barbier
Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Hospital St Germain en Laye, 20 rue Armagis, 78100 St Germain en Laye, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1740-6. 2004To evaluate the extent to which respiratory changes in inferior vena cava (IVC) diameter can be used to predict fluid responsiveness.
- Inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma: is reconstruction necessary after resection?Rouzbeh Daylami
Department of Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
J Am Coll Surg 210:185-90. 2010Leiomyosarcomas of the inferior vena cava represent a rare form of soft-tissue sarcomas. Management strategies necessarily vary because of limited experience. Questions about necessity of multimodality therapy and IVC reconstruction remain...
- Inferior vena cava ligation rapidly induces tissue factor expression and venous thrombosis in ratsJi Zhou
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:863-9. 2009Although stasis is important in the pathogenesis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), how it contributes to thrombogenesis is largely unknown. To gain mechanistic insight, we used a rat model of inferior vena cava (IVC) ligation.
- Inferior vena cava diameter correlates with invasive hemodynamic measures in mechanically ventilated intensive care unit patients with sepsisJoerg C Schefold
Department of Nephrology and Medical Intensive Care Medicine, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
J Emerg Med 38:632-7. 2010..This study aims to investigate whether inferior vena cava (IVC) diameters correlate with invasively assessed hemodynamic parameters and whether this approach may thus ..
- Lemierre syndrome variant: necrobacillosis associated with inferior vena cava thrombosis and pulmonary abscesses after trauma-induced leg abscessRaymund R Razonable
Division of Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:1153-6. 2003..an unusual variant of this disease in a man who developed F necrophorum sepsis (associated with extensive inferior vena cava and common femoral vein thrombosis) and multiple abscesses in the lungs after a trauma-associated abscess of ..
- Establishment and characterization of conditionally immortalized endothelial cell lines from the thoracic duct and inferior vena cava of tsA58/EGFP double-transgenic ratsMitsuhiro Matsuo
Department of Anatomy, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 326:749-58. 2006..cells from thoracic duct) and TR-BE (temperature-sensitive rat blood-vessel endothelial cells from inferior vena cava), respectively, and cultured on fibronectin-coated dishes in HuMedia-EG2 supplemented with 20% fetal bovine ..
- Intracardiac migration of inferior vena cava filters: review of published dataCharles A Owens
Departments of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Chest 136:877-87. 2009Intracardiac or intrapulmonary migration of inferior vena cava (IVC) filters is an uncommon although potentially life-threatening event that is poorly understood.
- Identification of congestive heart failure via respiratory variation of inferior vena cava diameterDavid J Blehar
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Am J Emerg Med 27:71-5. 2009..We sought to use the measurement of respiratory variation of inferior vena cava (IVC) diameter as a diagnostic tool for identification of CHF in patients presenting with acute dyspnea.
- Comparison of hand-carried ultrasound assessment of the inferior vena cava and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide for predicting readmission after hospitalization for acute decompensated heart failureSascha N Goonewardena
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:595-601. 2008We sought to compare the value of serial assessment with hand-carried ultrasound (HCU) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) with brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) to identify patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) who will be ..
- Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation via superior approach in patients with interruption of the inferior vena cavaHong Euy Lim
Division of Cardiology, Korea University Cardiovascular Center, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Heart Rhythm 6:174-9. 2009Percutaneous transcatheter ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF) in patients with interruption of inferior vena cava (IVC) has not been reported in the literature.
- Acute thrombosis of the inferior vena cavaPhilip Giordano
Am J Emerg Med 24:640-2. 2006
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: clinicopathologic study of 40 casesWilliam B Laskin
Department of Surgical Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:873-81. 2010This report details the clinicopathologic features and follow-up data on 40 cases of inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma, a rare sarcoma with a poor prognosis...
- The role of liver transplantation techniques in the surgical management of advanced renal urothelial carcinoma with or without inferior vena cava thrombusWolfgang H Cerwinka
Department of Urology, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Int Braz J Urol 35:19-23. 2009..Large and locally-advanced urothelial carcinoma of the kidney with or without extension into the inferior vena cava is rare...
- Inferior vena cava percentage collapse during respiration is affected by the sampling location: an ultrasound study in healthy volunteersDavid J Wallace
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:96-9. 2010..Respiratory variation in the diameter of the inferior vena cava (IVC) has been investigated as a noninvasive marker of intravascular volume status; however, there has been ..
- An unusual presentation of solitary fibrous tumour of the pleura: right atrium and inferior vena cava compressionWalid Shaker
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, 20 40 rue Leblanc, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:640-2. 2002..patient presenting with signs of cardiac decompensation and external compression of the right atrium and inferior vena cava by a voluminous solitary fibrous tumour arising from the diaphragmatic pleura...
- Comparison of different methods for measuring intra-abdominal pressureF F Gudmundsson
Surgical Research Laboratory, Haukeland University Hospital, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Intensive Care Med 28:509-14. 2002....
- A comparison of treatment combinations with and without radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein and/or inferior vena cava tumor thrombusZhao Chong Zeng
Radiation Oncology, Fudan University, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai 200032, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:432-43. 2005To evaluate the potential role of external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) in the treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have portal vein (PV) and/or inferior vena cava (IVC) tumor thrombi.
- Tissue-engineered vascular autograft: inferior vena cava replacement in a dog modelM Watanabe
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Tissue Eng 7:429-39. 2001..In addition, endothelial cells were found to line the luminal surface of each TEVA. These results strongly suggest that "ideal" venous grafts with antithrombogenicity can be produced...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: experience in 22 casesEdouard Kieffer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Surg 244:289-95. 2006From 1979 to 2004, 22 patients were seen with leiomyosarcomas of the inferior vena cava (IVC). Twenty were treated surgically...
- Renal cell carcinoma with tumor thrombus extension into the vena cava: prospective long-term followupAxel Haferkamp
Department of Urology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Urol 177:1703-8. 2007We prospectively evaluated long-term survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma extending to the inferior vena cava.
- Entrapment of pulmonary artery catheter in a suture at the inferior vena cava cannulation siteLiguang Huang
Department of Anesthesiology and Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Science Center Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
J Clin Anesth 16:557-9. 2004..We report entrapment of a Swan-Ganz catheter in the purse-string suture at the inferior vena cava cannulation site for a patient undergoing aortic valve replacement...
- Surgical management of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaS W Cho
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:2141-8. 2008Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a rare tumor for which en bloc resection offers the only chance of cure...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: survival after aggressive managementHiromichi Ito
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3534-41. 2007Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is exceedingly rare. The role of adjuvant therapy remains undefined. This study evaluated outcomes after aggressive management.
- Duodenocaval fistula: a late complication of retroperitoneal irradiation and vena cava replacementGanesha B Perera
Department of Surgery, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange, 92068, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:52-8. 2004..caval fistula 7 years after successful resection of a retroperitoneal leiomyosarcoma and replacement of the inferior vena cava followed by radiation and chemotherapy...
- Postpartum inferior vena cava and ovarian vein thrombosis--a case report and literature reviewD Sinha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, New Cross Hospital NHS Trust, Wolverhampton, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:312-3. 2005
- Adrenocortical carcinoma extending into the inferior vena cava: presentation of a 15-patient series and review of the literatureLaurent Chiche
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, 47 83 boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Surgery 139:15-27. 2006Involvement of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a controversial risk factor for surgical treatment of adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC)...
- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy in a patient with duplex inferior vena cavaC T Wu
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 36:1912-3. 2004..We present a kidney donor with a duplex inferior vena cava. In conjunction with CT and hand-assisted laparoscopic surgery, live donor nephrectomy was performed ..
- Renal artery stump to inferior vena cava fistula: unusual clinical presentation and transcatheter embolization with the Amplatzer vascular plugManish Taneja
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:S92-5. 2008Fistulous communication between the renal artery stump and inferior vena cava following nephrectomy is rare...
- Prosthetic replacement of the inferior vena cava and the iliofemoral vein for urologically related malignanciesG Caldarelli
Urology Unit and Vascular Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
BJU Int 90:368-74. 2002To evaluate the feasibility and results of prosthetic venous replacement, as inferior vena cava (IVC) and iliofemoral vein resection and replacement are sometimes necessary when they are extensively involved by a large and fixed tumour ..
- Inferior vena cava filter thrombo-prophylaxis in high-risk twin pregnancyE Opara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Conquest Hospital, The Ridge, St Leonards on Sea, UK
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:62-3. 2007
- Congenital hypoplasia of the inferior vena cava: an underappreciated cause of deep venous thromboses among young adultsDavid A Lane
U S Naval War College, Newport, RI 02841, USA
Mil Med 170:739-42. 2005..confirmed a proximal clot, and contrast-enhanced computed tomography identified a hypoplastic inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Suprarenal symplastic leiomyoma of the inferior vena cavaIlknur Kepenekci
Department of Surgery, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Vasc Surg 23:786.e11-3. 2009We report on a case of a leiomyoma in the inferior vena cava that appeared in the image to be located in the adrenal gland...
- [Late discovery of inferior vena cava draining into the left atrium after surgical closure of atrial septal defect]M Munet
Service de cardiologie, , Lyon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:991-4. 1997Drainage of the inferior vena cava into the left atrium during surgery for closure of an atrial septal defect is a rare complication...
- Suprarenal inferior vena cava filters: a 20-year single-center experienceSanjeeva P Kalva
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:1041-7. 2008To assess the clinical safety and efficacy of suprarenal inferior vena cava (IVC) filters during long-term follow-up.
- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with membranous obstruction of the inferior vena cava: incidence, characteristics, and risk factors and clinical efficacy of TACEDong Gwon
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1, Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Radiology 254:617-26. 2010To analyze the characteristics associated with membranous obstruction of the inferior vena cava (MOVC)-associated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and to evaluate the clinical efficacy of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE).
- Prevention of cardiopulmonary embolization of polymethylmethacrylate cement fragment after kyphoplasty with insertion of inferior vena cava filterMouchammed Agko
Department of Surgery, The University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:210-3. 2010..Infiltration of cement into the inferior vena cava, noted intraoperatively, was confirmed with postoperative CT scan...
- Ultrasonographic diagnosis of cardiac tamponade in trauma patients using collapsibility index of inferior vena cavaS A Nabavizadeh
Acad Radiol 14:505-6. 2007
- Retrieval of cement embolus from inferior vena cava after percutaneous vertebroplastyS Athreya
Department of Radiology, St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 32:817-9. 2009..We describe a paravertebral venous cement leak resulting in the deposition of a cement cast in the inferior vena cava and successful retrieval of the cement embolus.
- Surgical challenges in the treatment of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: analysis of two cases and brief review of the literatureMaria A Kyriazi
2nd Department of Surgery, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Ann Vasc Surg 24:826.e13-7. 2010Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a rare tumor of mesenchymal origin. Optimal treatment should include complete resection of the malignant lesion with preservation of venous return...
- Value of abdominal ultrasound scan, CT and MRI for diagnosing inferior vena cava tumour thrombus in renal cell carcinomaHong feng GUO
Department of Urology, Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Urology, Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:2299-302. 2009..magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings in venous spread of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) to determine the superior extent of inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombus and IVC wall invasion and compared them with surgical and pathological reports.
- Prognostic value of renal vein and inferior vena cava involvement in renal cell carcinomaBernd Wagner
Department of Urology, Strasbourg University Hospital, Nouvel Hopital Civil, Strasbourg, France
Eur Urol 55:452-9. 2009..The prognostic significance of venous tumor thrombus extension in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a matter of many controversies in the current literature...
- Amoebic liver abscesses complicated by inferior vena cava and right atrium thrombusSadaf Khan
Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, POB 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Trop Doct 39:177-80. 2009..We present a case of multiple, large amoebic liver abscesses, that were complicated by thrombus formation in the inferior vena cava extending to the right atrium, requiring surgical removal.
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: a case reportEduardo Crema
Department of Surgery, Universidade Federal do Triangulo Mineiro, Uberaba, MG, Brasil
Angiology 59:256-9. 2008Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava is an extremely rare tumor that is characterized by a poor prognosis and nonspecific symptoms, a fact that may delay the diagnosis for several years...
- The mechanism of phenylephrine-mediated [Ca(2+)](i) oscillations underlying tonic contraction in the rabbit inferior vena cavaC H Lee
Vancouver Vascular Biology Research Center, University of British Columbia, St Paul's Hospital, Room 292, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6Z 1Y6
J Physiol 534:641-50. 2001..Confocal imaging was used to observe [Ca(2+)](i) in individual VSMCs of intact inferior vena cava (IVC) from rabbits. 2...
- Inferior vena cava filter placement for pulmonary embolism risk reduction in super morbidly obese undergoing bariatric surgeryChrista M Trigilio-Black
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3280, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:461-4. 2007Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a leading cause of mortality after bariatric surgery. We evaluated inferior vena cava (IVC) filter use for PE risk reduction in high-risk super morbidly obese bariatric surgery patients.
- Inferior vena cava filter use in pregnancy: preliminary experienceS Gupta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hull Royal Infirmary, Hull, UK
BJOG 115:785-8. 2008Thromboembolism is the most common direct cause of maternal mortality in the UK. Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement is indicated in conditions where recurrent thromboembolism occurs despite adequate anticoagulation or when ..
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of an accessory pathway through an anomalous inferior vena cava with azygos continuationJose Maria Guerra Ramos
Department of Cardiology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Av Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Europace 6:134-7. 2004A 59-year-old man with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and an infrahepatic interruption of his inferior vena cava with an azygos continuation underwent a successful ablation of a right anteroseptal accessory pathway with a femoral approach ..
- Where there is blood, there is a way: unusual collateral vessels in superior and inferior vena cava obstructionSangita Kapur
Department of Radiology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 234 Goodman Street, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0761, USA
Radiographics 30:67-78. 2010Obstruction of the superior vena cava (SVC) or inferior vena cava (IVC) is most commonly an acquired condition, typically caused by malignancy, benign conditions such as mediastinal fibrosis, and iatrogenic causes such as venous ..
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome with hemimegalencephaly, retroperitoneal lymphangioma and double inferior vena cavaS Vurucu
Departments of Pediatric Neurology, Gulhane Military Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Radiol 82:e102-4. 2009..to findings consistent with KTS, we also found hemimegalencephaly, retroperitoneal lymphangioma and double inferior vena cava. All of these associations in the same patient with KTS are unique in the English literature...
- Use of inferior vena cava filters in thromboembolic disease during labor: case report with a literature reviewP Jamjute
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England, UK
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:741-4. 2006..b>Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) filters can be used in cases of documented pulmonary embolism (PE) where anticoagulation is ..
- Inferior vena cava syndrome following percutaneous vertebroplasty with polymethylmethacrylateFeng Chen Kao
Department of Orthopaedics, E Dal Hospital I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:E329-33. 2008A case of inferior vena cava syndrome following percutaneous vertebroplasty is described herein.
- Retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy in a patient with a double inferior vena cavaJiri P J Fronek
Renal Transplant Unit, St George s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:378-80. 2006Vascular anomalies are considered a contraindication for laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy. We report a successful hand-assisted retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy from a donor with a double inferior vena cava.
- Clinical relevance of retrograde inferior vena cava or hepatic vein opacification during contrast-enhanced CTBenjamin M Yeh
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, Rm C 324C, Box 0628, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:1227-32. 2004The purpose of this investigation was to explore the clinical relevance of retrograde inferior vena cava or hepatic vein opacification during contrast-enhanced CT.
- Surgical management, complications, and outcome of radical nephrectomy with inferior vena cava tumor thrombectomy facilitated by vascular bypassCandace F Granberg
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Urology 72:148-52. 2008..The indications and results for venovenous bypass (VVB) versus cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) were reviewed as well...
- Obliterative hepatocavopathy-inferior vena cava thrombosis at its hepatic portionKunio Okuda
First Department of Medicine, Chiba University Hospital, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan 260 8677
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 1:499-509. 2002Budd-Chiari syndrome was formerly described as hepatic vein thrombosis within the liver, but it now includes inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombosis and other conditions that cause hepatic vein outflow obstruction...
- Medium-term outcomes of Kawashima and completion Fontan palliation in single-ventricle heart disease with heterotaxy and interrupted inferior vena cavaShelby Kutty
University of Nebraska Creighton University Joint Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1609-13. 2010..We investigated medium-term outcomes in single-ventricle heart disease palliated with a Kawashima procedure (KP) compared with matched patients who had a standard Fontan procedure (FP)...
- Obtaining cuff of inferior vena cava by use of the Endo-TA stapler in retroperitoneoscopic right-side donor nephrectomyPranjal Modi
Department of Urology, Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre and Institute of Transplantation Sciences, Civil Hospital Campus, Ahmedabad, India
Urology 69:832-4. 2007To determine the feasibility of obtaining an adequate cuff of the inferior vena cava (IVC) for vascular anastomosis during retroperitoneoscopic donor nephrectomy.
- Surgery insight: management of renal cell carcinoma with associated inferior vena cava thrombusR Jeffrey Karnes
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 5:329-39. 2008Renal cell carcinoma with inferior vena cava thrombus can be a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge; however, the surgical resection of these tumors can be facilitated by appropriate preoperative imaging and planning...
- Thrombogenesis with continuous blood flow in the inferior vena cava. A novel mouse modelJose A Diaz
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0654, USA
Thromb Haemost 104:366-75. 2010..An electrolytic inferior vena cava (IVC) model (EIM) was used...
- Extrahepatic collateral artery supply to the tumor thrombi of hepatocellular carcinoma invading inferior vena cava: the prevalence and determinant factorsIn Joon Lee
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:22-9. 2009To retrospectively evaluate the prevalence of extrahepatic collateral artery supply to tumor thrombi of hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs) invading the inferior vena cava (IVC) and to assess the determining factors.
- Epidural venous enlargements presenting with intractable lower back pain and sciatica in a patient with absence of the infrarenal inferior vena cava and bilateral deep venous thrombosisOliver Dudeck
Department of Radiology, Charite, Campus Buch, Berlin, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E688-91. 2007..Case report...
- Endovascular treatment of an aortic aneurysm ruptured into the inferior vena cavaT Umscheid
Städtische Kliniken Frankfurt Höchst, Frankfurt, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 7:31-5. 2000To report the endovascular repair of a rare abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) rupture into the inferior vena cava.
- Metastatic tumor extending through the inferior vena cava into the right atrium: a case report of carcinoma of the uterine cervix with para-aortic lymph node metastasesY Nakao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Saga Medical School, Saga, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:914-6. 2006..However, an intraatrial tumor extending through the inferior vena cava (IVC) from the site of para-aortic lymph node metastasis has never been reported...
- Endoluminal occlusion of the inferior vena cava in renal cell carcinoma with retro- or suprahepatic caval thrombusLaurent Zini
Department of Urology, Lille Regional University Teaching Hospital CHRU, Lille, France
BJU Int 97:1216-20. 2006To evaluate endoluminal occlusion of the inferior vena cava (IVC) during surgical treatment of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) with either retrohepatic (level II) or suprahepatic (level III) caval tumour thrombus.
- Prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and the renal veinsNoam Smorgick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Prenat Diagn 27:603-7. 2007This manuscript discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis, pathophysiology and possible etiologies of prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and renal veins.
- Detection and correction of anterior or posterior tilting of the Günther-Tulip filter in the inferior vena cava and correction by repositioning: a phantom study and preliminary clinical experiencesTae Seok Seo
Department of Radiology, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, Republic of Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:427-36. 2007....
- Left trisegmentectomy and combined resection of the inferior vena cava, without reconstruction, for giant cystadenocarcinoma of the liverRyohei Miyata
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:272-6. 2005..woman with giant liver cystadenocarcinoma underwent left trisegmentectomy with combined resection of the inferior vena cava (IVC) and the right hepatic vein...
- Congenitally interrupted inferior vena cava without other features of the heterotaxy syndrome: report of five cases and characterization of a rare entityUlrike Bartram
University Children s Hospital Giessen, Feulgenstrasse 12, Giessen, Germany
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:266-73. 2008Congenital interruption of the inferior vena cava (IVC) due to absence of its hepatic segment is usually found in patients with polysplenia...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the retrohepatic portion of the inferior vena cava: clinical presentation and surgical management in five patientsJean Hardwigsen
Department of Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Hopital de la Conception, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
J Am Coll Surg 200:57-63. 2005Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) is a rare primary soft tissue sarcoma arising from the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Acute pulmonary embolism as the first manifestation of hepatocellular carcinoma complicated with tumor thrombi in the inferior vena cava: surgery or not?Hsuan Hwai Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 52:1554-7. 2007
- Colonic duplication associated with anterior spinal bar and left-sided inferior vena cavaKongkrit Chaiyasate
Department of Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, Mich 48075, USA
Surgery 141:823-5. 2007
- Vena cava filters and inferior vena cava thrombosisMatthew A Corriere
Division of Surgical Sciences, Section on Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:789-94. 2007..However, unlike permanent vena cava filters (P-VCF), outcomes data are limited regarding complication rates...
- Compression of left inferior vena cava: a form of nutcracker syndromeSuat Fitoz
Department of Radiology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ibn i Sina Hospital, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara
J Clin Ultrasound 36:101-4. 2008Left renal vein hypertension has been described in the literature as a cause of persistent hematuria. We report a case of nutcracker syndrome with hematuria involving the left inferior vena cava diagnosed with Doppler sonography and MRI.
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by congenital malformation of the inferior vena cava and heterozygous factor V leiden presenting as venous claudicationGary Fass
Department of Emergency, Brugmann University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:591-5. 2009A case of an 18-year-old man with deep venous thrombosis of the lower limbs caused by hypoplasia of the inferior vena cava in combination with heterozygous factor V Leiden is presented...
- Techniques used for difficult retrievals of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter: experience in 32 patientsThuong G Van Ha
Department of Radiology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:92-9. 2009..To retrospectively review experience with difficult retrievals of Günther Tulip filters (GTFs) in which various techniques were used...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by inferior vena cava atresia and hereditary thrombophiliaShelonitda S Rose
Division of Hematology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Am J Med Sci 337:67-70. 2009b>Inferior vena cava (IVC) atresia is a risk factor for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in young patients...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by congenital absence of the inferior vena cava: report of a caseYuka Kondo
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, Aichi, Japan
Surg Today 39:231-4. 2009Although anomalies of the inferior vena cava (IVC) are seen frequently in a clinical setting, congenital absence of the IVC (AIVC) is rare...
- Protective effect of N-acetyl-L-cysteine on the renal failure induced by inferior vena cava occlusionM G Salom
Departamento de Fisiologia y Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Murcia, Spain
Transplantation 65:1315-21. 1998Renal ischemia is produced during orthotopic liver transplantation when the inferior vena cava is clamped above the renal veins (inferior vena cava occlusion [IVCO]), and it often leads to postoperative renal failure...
- Clear cell sarcoma of the kidney with invasion of the inferior vena cavaD Rosso
Department of Urology, University of Turin, Corso A M Dogliotti 14, I 10126 Turin, Italy
Urol Int 70:251-2. 2003..We present a case of clear cell sarcoma of the kidney (CCSK) in 53-year-old white man who was treated with surgery. This case represents the oldest patient with CCSK published in the English literature...
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the kidney with inferior vena cava tumor thrombusLiling Zhang
Cancer Center, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1291-4. 2009..We report the case of a 41-year-old man with a PNET arising from the kidney with inferior vena cava thrombus. This case was presumptively diagnosed of renal cell carcinoma prior to surgery...
- Prognostic significance of tumor thrombus level in patients with renal cell carcinoma and venous tumor thrombus extension. Is all T3b the same?Alireza Moinzadeh
Department of Urology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 171:598-601. 2004..Does the level of thrombus in the inferior vena cava (IVC) impact long-term survival? Is there a difference in long-term survival when tumor thrombus is in the ..
- Combined anomaly of the right hepatic lobe agenesis and absence of the inferior vena cava: a case reportHee Jung Suh
Department of Radiology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:S61-4. 2008The absence of the inferior vena cava is an uncommon congenital anomaly that has recently been identified as an important risk factor contributing to the development of deep venous thrombosis...
- Superior approach for radiofrequency ablation of atrio-ventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia in a patient with anomalous inferior vena cava and azygos continuationRodrigo Miranda
Division of Cardiology Arrhythmia Service, Kingston General Hospital, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Europace 12:908-9. 2010..During placement of diagnostic catheters, an interruption of the inferior vena cava was suspected...
- Surgical reconstruction of iliofemoral veins and the inferior vena cava for nonmalignant occlusive diseaseC J Jost
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and the Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:320-7; discussion 327-8. 2001..The Palma procedure with autologous saphenous vein had the best long-term patency, whereas long-term success with ePTFE was moderate. The use of an arteriovenous fistula to improve graft patency remains controversial...
- Bullet migration within the inferior vena cavaKrishnan Raghavendran
Department of Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
South Med J 96:96-8. 2003..The bullet lodged and moved freely within the inferior vena cava and its branches, but the patient had no symptoms...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava--a very rare case reportNuno Fonseca
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de São Bernardo, Setubal
Rev Port Cardiol 21:1469-78. 2002..Ambulatory abdominal echography and computed tomography (CT) revealed partial thrombosis of the inferior vena cava (IVC) with right atrial extension...
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: a case series and analysis of the literatureN Sawhney
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California-San Diego, School of Medicine and UCSD Medical Center, 200 W. Arbor Street #8411, San Diego, CA 92103-8411, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 14:1139-42. 2001..In general, EVE responds well to conventional antibiotic therapy...
- Postpartal deep-vein thrombosis revealing agenesis of the inferior vena cavaMarcela Ilijic
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 131:235-6. 2007
- Handcarried ultrasound measurement of the inferior vena cava for assessment of intravascular volume status in the outpatient hemodialysis clinicJ Matthew Brennan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:749-53. 2006..assessed dry weight is a poor surrogate of intravascular volume; however, ultrasound assessment of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is an effective tool for volume management...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaMeltem Ceyhan
Department of Radiology, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:140-3. 2007Primary vascular leiomyosarcoma is a rare tumor, which arises mainly from the inferior vena cava. Clinical signs are non-specific. Systemic metastasis occurs in the late stage...
- Anatomical structure of the isthmus between the inferior vena cava and tricuspid annulus investigated with a three-dimensional electroanatomical mapping systemRyoichi Kubo
Department of Cardiology, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Heart Vessels 20:50-5. 2005We studied the anatomical structure of the isthmus between the inferior vena cava and tricuspid annulus in humans with a three-dimensional electroanatomical mapping system (CARTO, Biosense, Haifa, Israel)...
- CT-guided percutaneous fine-needle aspiration biopsy of the inferior vena cava wall: a posterior coaxial approachSebastian Kos
Institute of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:209-12. 2010..tomography (PET-CT) revealed an unexpected hot spot in the ventral wall of the infrarenal segment of the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: three case reports and review of the literatureNicholaus J Hilliard
Department of Pathology at University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233 6823, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:259-66. 2005We describe 3 cases of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) and review the literature describing clinicopathologic features of 211 cases and the outcome. Of these, 74% of the cases affected women with median age of 52 years...
- Primary Gianturco stent placement for inferior vena cava abnormalities following liver transplantationS M Weeks
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7510, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 11:177-87. 2000..To determine the efficacy of primary Gianturco stent placement for patients with inferior vena caval (IVC) abnormalities following liver transplantation...
- Extracorporeal repair and liver autotransplantation after total avulsion of hepatic veins and retrohepatic inferior vena cava injury secondary to blunt abdominal traumaUgo Boggi
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Trapianti, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Trauma 60:405-6. 2006
- FDG uptake in inferior vena cava tumor thrombus from renal cell carcinoma on positron emission tomographyAlecia W Sizemore
Department of Internal Medicine Medical Education, Kettering Medical Center, Kettering, OH, USA
Clin Nucl Med 32:309-11. 2007
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: Is it worth searching for?J A San Roman
Institute of Heart Sciences ICICOR, Hospital Universitario, Valladolid, Spain
Am Heart J 142:1037-40. 2001..Whether the eustachian valve is an uncommon site for a vegetation to be attached or whether the disease is missed because a systematic approach to this valve is not routinely performed in the search for vegetations is not known...
- IVC CLAMP: infrahepatic inferior vena cava clamping during hepatectomy--a randomised controlled trial in an interdisciplinary settingNuh N Rahbari
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Trials 10:94. 2009..The present randomised controlled trial evaluates efficacy and safety of infrahepatic inferior vena cava (IVC) clamping as an alternative surgical technique to reduce CVP during hepatic resection.
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: reports of infrarenal and suprahepatic caval involvementMichael N Tameo
Section of Vascular Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:221-4. 2010We report two cases of primary inferior vena cava (IVC) leiomyosarcoma. The first patient was a 60-year-old female who presented with abdominal pain...
- Assessment of Dehydration in Children with Diarrhea in Resource-Limited SettingsADAM CARL LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we will validate and assess the reliability of ultrasound of the inferior vena cava (IVC) for predicting severe dehydration in children with diarrhea in the developing world...
- Autologous EPC lining to improve biocompatibility of circulatory assist devicesJeffrey H Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2010..to surgically implant Ti tubes lined with either genetically enhanced (TM-EPC) or un-enhanced EPCs into the inferior vena cava of those pigs from which the EPCs were derived, and compare them to a group of pigs that undergoes ..
- Role of Fibrinolytic System in Vein Graft RemodelingWilliam P Fay; Fiscal Year: 2013..laboratory has developed a murine model of bypass grafting that involves transplantation of a segment of the inferior vena cava into the carotid artery...
- Mechanisms of Vascular Neotissue Formation In Tissue Engineered Vascular GraftsCHRISTOPHER KANE BREUER; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have performed the first clinical trial evaluating the use of our TEVG as a conduit connecting the inferior vena cava to the pulmonary artery in children requiring modified Fontan surgery...
- Noninvasive and Accurate Measurement of Portal HypertensionFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..is defined as an increase in the pressure gradient between the portal vein and hepatic veins or the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Platelet adhesion to neutrophil extracellular DNA traps: role in thrombosisDenisa D Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are particularly keen to investigate the role of NETs in a new inferior vena cava stenosis model of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and in a mouse model of sepsis...
- Microparticle Docking in Pancreatic Cancer Induced VTEJulia E Geddings; Fiscal Year: 2013..An inferior vena cava stenosis model of venous thrombosis will be used since it mimics many of the features of DVT in humans...
- Optimizing Prophylaxis Against Venous Thromboembolism in Bariatric SurgeryNancy J Birkmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Prophylactic strategies, including perioperative anticoagulation and inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement, may reduce the risk of VTE and its sequelae...
- Autonomic Nerve Activity and Paroxysmal Atrial FibrillationPeng Sheng Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..a study to test the hypothesis that left VNS can modulate AV node conduction through the activation of the inferior vena cava-inferior atrial GP (IVC- IAGP) during sustained AF, and that VNS can improve ventricular rate control by ..
- INHIBITORY LEFT ATRIAL INFLUENCES ON THE BAROREFLEXDavid Ramsay; Fiscal Year: 1991..in pressure will be achieved by graded constriction of cuffs placed around the thoracic portion of the inferior vena cava, pulmonary artery, ascending aorta and abdominal aorta proximal to the renal arteries...
- Effect of clot composition on thrombus resolutionMaria M Aleman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data in an innovative model of thrombus resolution in the murine inferior vena cava suggest thrombus fibrin content modulates thrombus stability and lysis...
- UPPER GI TRACT MEDIATION OF THE SATIETY EFFECT OF FATSDanielle Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 1992..triglyceride levels in the blood subsequent to infusions, infusing fats into the hepatic-portal vein or the inferior vena cava, on confing fats in the stomach, of sham and real feeding rats...
- SELECTIVE INNERVATION OF SA & AV NODAL REGIONS OF HEARTRobert Wurster; Fiscal Year: 1992..the fat pads overlying the entrance of right pulmonary veins (PVFP) into the atrium and at the junction of inferior vena cava and inferior left atrium (IVC-ILA), excision of which interrupts all vagal input to the sinoatrial node (SAN)..
- INFERIOR VENA CAVA FILTRATION WITH A REMOVABLE DEVICEElvira Lang; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION (adapted from applicant's abstract): A removable inferior vena cava filter will be developed to prevent pulmonary embolism in patients who are temporarily at risk to develop this life-threatening complication...
- DETERMINANTS OF SODIUM RETENTION IN CIRRHOSISWILLIAM RECTOR; Fiscal Year: 1992..returns to normal or even becomes elevated owing to expansion of the volume of blood in the portal vein and inferior vena cava. Splanchnic sympathetic neuropathy secondary to chronic alcoholism contributes to impaired splanchnic ..
- Conductance to Measure Cardiac MechanicsMarc Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2001..the instantaneous myocardial contribution to the volume signal obtained during transient occlusion of the inferior vena cava, absolute measures of left ventricular contractility would be available...
- FUNCTIONAL HYPEREMIA--PERIPHERAL AND CENTRAL INTERACTIONSTEVEN SEGAL; Fiscal Year: 1992..SVC will be manipulated via the baroreflex using graded occlusions of either the carotid arteries or the inferior vena cava. These studies will illuminate the interaction of vasomotor stimuli arising from multiple locations (..
- A cooling guide catheter for rapid heart coolingThomas Merrill; Fiscal Year: 2009..These devices have two components, a cooling catheter that is placed in the inferior vena cava (IVC) and a cooling console that circulates coolant through the catheter...
- DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING OF A NEW INTRAVENOUS OXYGENATORGARY REEDER; Fiscal Year: 1992..that can be introduced into the venous system and positioned in the superior vena cava, right atrium and inferior vena cava. It is made of microporous hollow membrane fibers through which oxygen is vacuum aspirated...
- Vessel Structure & Pressure:Transport and AtherogenesisDAVID RUMSCHITZKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, the pulmonary artery (PA) and the large veins such as the inferior vena cava and the saphenous vein are exposed to much lower transmural pressures than the large arteries and are ..
- Ex vivo venous gene delivery by pulsed electric-fieldsNagendu Dev; Fiscal Year: 2004..are: (1) to evaluate the efficiency of pulsed electric fields for ex vivo DNA transfer into cells of rat inferior vena cava and porcine saphenous vein, respectively...
- COMPACT, SERVO-REULATED CARDIO-PULMONARY SUPPORT SYSTEMTHERESE DAVY; Fiscal Year: 1990..bypass flow will be determined as a function of venous uptake cannula type, vascular site (iliac vein, inferior vena cava, right atrium) and during pulsatile and non-pulsatile arterial return...
- GENE THERAPY DEVICE FOR TREATMENT OF HEMOPHILIA BETADEBORAH BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..that is introducable and retractable via a percutaneous catheter insertion through the femoral vein into the inferior vena cava. The IVD may be used to deliver any desired compound via cell or gene therapy...
- CONTROL OF CIRCULATION DURING HEAT STRESS AND FEVERDUANE PROPPE; Fiscal Year: 1980..will be accomplished via inflation to pneumatic blood vessel occluders chronically implanted around the inferior vena cava and descending aorta...
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- THERAPEUTICS STUDIES OF PRIMARY CNS MALIGNANCIESPatrick Wen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Arterial baroreceptor unloading causes hypertensionTERRY THRASHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide a new framework for understanding the development and maintenance of hypertension. ..
- Atrionodal Bundles:Histologic and Physiologic ValidationDARLENE RACKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies are expected to provide a basis for evaluating transmission, arrhythmogenesis, and drug interactions at the tissue level. ..
- Superoxide and Vascular Function in Heart FailureJordan Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..Collectively, these studies will lend important insights into the role of oxidative stress and vascular function in HF. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HOMEOSTATIC CONTROL OF AMNIOTIC FLUID VOLUMELowell Davis; Fiscal Year: 2004..7) The absorptive mechanism permits passage of large quantities of macromolecules, such as plasma albumin, even in the absence of drinking. ..
- BIOMECHANICS OF FOOT/ANKLE INJURIES USING 3D IMAGINGJayaram Udupa; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PERINATAL RESEARCH SOCIETY: ANNUAL MEETINGLowell Davis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Renewal of this program by NICHD will assure the continued encouragement and development of young investigators in perinatal biology into the next century. ..
- FETAL BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACID AND KETOACID METABOLISMEDWARD LIECHTY; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- RENAL INJURY AND ADAPTATION TO HEME PROTEINSKarl Nath; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our proposed application thus continues to pursue the functionality of HO-1, as it utilized a new strategy, transgenic mice, and as it defines a new area of involvement namely, renal inflammation. ..
- Neural and non-neural modulators of skin blood flow and sweating in humansCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2009..e. diabetes, heart failure, etc) and non-disease (i.e. aging) conditions. ..
- PARACRINE REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESIS BY MURAL CELLSRoberto Nicosia; Fiscal Year: 2010..This knowledge may provide novel insights for the development of therapeutic approaches aimed at treating angiogenesis-dependent disorders and ischemic conditions. ..
- INTRINSIC CARDIAC NEURONS AND CARDIAC CONTROLJEFFREY ARDELL; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific Aim 5. To determine if restoration of circulating catecholamines alleviates the cardiodepression associated with chronic adrenalectomy with and without concurrent prolonged loss of extrinsic nerve inputs to the heart. ..
- The Natural History of Venous Thromboembolism in the ElderlyFrederick A Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also examine how elderly patients with venous thromboembolism are currently being treated, whether some patients are at risk for inappropriate or under treatment, and the relationship of treatment to future complications. ..
- Short-term mesenteric lymphatic adaptation to trauma-related intestinal edemaEmily Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- NERVE AND REPOLARIZATION IMAGING IN SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATHMichael Dae; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies may provide a more comprehensive understanding of the interaction of the sympathetic nervous system and arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Arterial 5-HT Transporter FunctionStephanie Watts; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Skin Cooling to Improve Orthostatic ToleranceCRAIG CRANDALL; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Endothelial Stem Cells in Tumor VasculaturePAMPEE YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..I hope that significant contributions to the study of stem cells will result in the establishment of a successful, independent research program. ..
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins in Arterial RemodelingRAUL GUZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that during this award period, Dr. Guzman will progress toward his goal of becoming an independent scientific investigator...
- CT EVALUATION OF DIABETIC TIBIAL ARTERY CALCIFICATIONRAUL GUZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our ultimate goal is to prevent the marco-vascular complications of diabetes, and to decrease the incidence of lower extremity amputation that causes disability in our patients. ..
- Post Coronary Bypass Atrial Arrhythmic Prediction RuleRod Passman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project will be an integral part of the candidate?s career development plan and his maturation as an epidemiologist, cardiac electrophysiologist, and clinical investigator. ..
- OBJECT DEFINITION IN TOMOGRAPHIC RADIOLOGYJayaram Udupa; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed methods may not only help in understanding MS and its progression but also in determining the effectiveness of various therapies. ..
- WATER COMPARTMENTALIZATION IN CHRONIC FETAL ANEMIALowell Davis; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MR Guided Transendocardial Angiogenic AgentsMaythem Saeed; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CONTINUED DEVELOPMENT, PORTING, MAINTENANCE OF 3DVIEWNIXJayaram Udupa; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Admittance to measure cardiac mechanics in miceMarc Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- APOE Genotype and Sequelae of Infant Cardiac SurgeryJames Gaynor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oxidative stress and aortic valve diseaseJordan Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular Protective Role of Endothelin B ReceptorsRAOUF KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..