Genomes and Genes
Summary: Short thick veins which return blood from the kidneys to the vena cava.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Laparoscopic-assisted renal autotransplantationRachel Bluebond-Langner
Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Urology 63:853-6. 2004..In an effort to decrease the morbidity associated with traditional autotransplantation we elected to perform laparoscopic procurement of the kidney...
- Accuracy of three-dimensional CT angiography for preoperative vascular evaluation of laparoscopic living renal donorsSrinivas Rajamahanty
Department of Urology and Surgery, New York Medical College, Grasslands Road, Valhalla, New York, USA
J Endourol 19:339-41. 2005..A retrospective review of preoperative three-dimensional (3D) CT and the operative findings during laparoscopic donor nephrectomy...
- Methods of vascular control during laparoscopic donor nephrectomyChandru P Sundaram
Department of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5289, USA
J Endourol 20:467-9; discussion 469-70. 2006..LDN has been recently included by the clip manufacturer as a contraindication for the use of the polymer locking clips. The Endo TA stapler can be used when preservation of maximum graft vascular length is important...
- Prognostic impact of the 2009 UICC/AJCC TNM staging system for renal cell carcinoma with venous extensionJuan I Martinez-Salamanca
Department of Urology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro Majadahonda, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Eur Urol 59:120-7. 2011....
- Nutcracker phenomenon and nutcracker syndromeAndrew K Kurklinsky
MACP, Section of Vascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:552-9. 2010..We performed additional reviews based on the literature citations of the identified articles. We attempted to elucidate clinical relevance of these conditions and their prominent features and to summarize professional experience...
- Nutcracker phenomenon in two siblings of a Japanese familyHiro Matsukura
Pediatr Nephrol 20:237-8. 2005
- Charlson co-morbidity index as a predictor of outcome after surgery for renal cell carcinoma with renal vein, vena cava or right atrium extensionMatthew T Gettman
Department of Urology, Division of Anatomic Pathology and Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Urol 169:1282-6. 2003..We analyzed the Charlson co-morbidity index as a predictor of outcome after surgery...
- Double retroaortic left renal veins as a possible cause of pelvic congestion syndrome: imaging findings in two patientsZ Koc
Baskent University Adana Teaching and Medical Research Centre, Department of Radiology, Adana, Turkey
Br J Radiol 79:e152-5. 2006..Double retroaortic left renal veins may be a contributing factor for the development of left pelvic congestion syndrome...
- Laparoscopic splenorenal venous bypass for nutcracker syndromeBenjamin I Chung
Section of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 49:1319-23. 2009..This report continues to augment the indications for laparoscopic surgery in even complex, urologic vascular situations...
- Laparoscopy-assisted left ovarian vein transposition to treat one case of posterior nutcracker syndromeOlivier Hartung
Department of Vascular Surgery, North University Hospital, Marseille, France
Ann Vasc Surg 23:413.e13-6. 2009..Posterior nutcracker syndrome is a rare condition. When associated with pelvic congestion syndrome due to LOV reflux, it can be treated by LOV transposition...
- Clinical implications of concomitant variations of the testicular, suprarenal and renal veins: a case reportJasna Malcic-Gürbüz
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Marmara University, Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkiye
Ann Anat 184:35-9. 2002..Due to implications for numerous therapeutical and diagnostic procedures in the retroperitoneal region knowledge of these variations could be useful for clinicians in its recognition and protection...
- The usefulness of fast-spin-echo T2-weighted MR imaging in Nutcracker syndrome: a case reportHeong Ieng Wong
Department of Radiology, Yuan s General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Korean J Radiol 11:373-7. 2010..The discomfort of the patient lessened after treatment. Furthermore, on follow-up evaluation, the LRV displayed a signal void, and this was suggestive of a restoration of the normal LRV flow and a decrease in LRV pressure...
- Prognostic risk stratification and clinical outcomes in patients undergoing surgical treatment for renal cell carcinoma with vascular tumor thrombusErica H Lambert
Department of Urology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Urology 69:1054-8. 2007..Often, these patients also present with metastatic disease. This study examined the clinical outcome and morbidity of patients with RCC and vascular tumor thrombus treated with aggressive surgical therapy...
- From the nutcracker-phenomenon of the left renal vein to the midline congestion syndrome as a cause of migraine, headache, back and abdominal pain and functional disorders of pelvic organsThomas Scholbach
Authorized Outpatient Ultrasound Department of the Saxonian Association of CHI Physicians Delitzscher Strasse 141, D 04129 Leipzig, Germany
Med Hypotheses 68:1318-27. 2007....
- Renal cell carcinoma with tumor thrombus extension: biology, role of nephrectomy and response to immunotherapyAmnon Zisman
Kimmel Cancer Center, Division of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, USA
J Urol 169:909-16. 2003..We outline the biology, prognosis and role of immunotherapy for renal cell carcinoma with gross venous tumor thrombus...
- Prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and the renal veinsNoam Smorgick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Prenat Diagn 27:603-7. 2007This manuscript discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis, pathophysiology and possible etiologies of prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and renal veins.
- Living donor kidneys: usefulness of multi-detector row CT for comprehensive evaluationJeong Kon Kim
Departments of Radiology and Urology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Radiology 229:869-76. 2003..To evaluate in living renal donors the usefulness of multi-detector row computed tomography (CT) in the assessment of renal vasculature and the upper urinary tract...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: reports of infrarenal and suprahepatic caval involvementMichael N Tameo
Section of Vascular Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:221-4. 2010..A review of this rare tumor is presented...
- Utility of 16-MDCT angiography for comprehensive preoperative vascular evaluation of laparoscopic renal donorsSteven S Raman
Department of Radiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles, BL 428 CHS Box 951721, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1721, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1630-8. 2006..Our objective was to determine the efficacy of 16-MDCT angiography in preoperative evaluation of vascular anatomy of laparoscopic renal donors...
- Multidetector CT angiography for preoperative evaluation of living laparoscopic kidney donorsSatomi Kawamoto
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 601 N Caroline St, Rm 3254, Baltimore, MD 21287 0801, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1633-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the accuracy of multidetector CT (MDCT) angiography as the primary imaging technique in the evaluation of living kidney donors...
- Anatomic basis of right renal vein extension for cadaveric kidney transplantationElisabeth C S Janschek
Institute of Anatomy, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Urology 63:660-4. 2004....
- CT angiography for living kidney donors: accuracy, cause of misinterpretation and prevalence of variationJee Won Chai
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, The Institute of Radiation Medicine, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:333-9. 2008..To determine the accuracy of the use of multi-detector row CT (MDCT) to predict vascular anatomy in living kidney donors and to reveal the prevalence of vascular variations in a Korean population...
- Diagnosis of nut-cracker phenomenon using renal Doppler ultrasound in orthostatic proteinuriaB S Cho
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:1620-5. 2001..In the future, the diagnostic criteria of NCP must be redefined in children...
- Outcomes of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy in the setting of vena caval and renal vein thrombus: seven-year experienceGeorge Lee Martin
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Endourol 22:1681-5. 2008..We present our experience with laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for T(3b) disease focusing on thrombus within the vena cava...
- Evaluation of the renal venous system on late arterial and venous phase images with MDCT angiography in potential living laparoscopic renal donorsSatomi Kawamoto
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 601 N Caroline St, Rm 3254, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:539-45. 2005The objective of our study was to assess whether both renal arteries and renal veins can be evaluated using single-phase MDCT data sets alone to eliminate the need for both arterial and venous phase data sets.
- Multi-detector row CT in evaluation of 94 living renal donors by readers with varied experienceDushyant V Sahani
Department of Radiology, Image Processing Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, White 270, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 235:905-10. 2005....
- Three-dimensional volume-rendered CT angiography of the renal arteries and veins: normal anatomy, variants, and clinical applicationsB A Urban
Russell H. Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Radiographics 21:373-86; questionnaire 549-55. 2001..CT angiography is also useful in the evaluation of the renal vasculature following renal transplantation. Familiarity with proper CT protocols and data acquisition techniques are crucial for accurate diagnosis...
- Resection of spleno-renal shunt resulting in enhanced liver volume in a patient with congenital portosystemic shunt concomitant with early gastric cancer. Review of Japanese casesY Sato
First Department of Surgery, Niigata University, School of Medicine, Niigata, Japan
Dig Surg 18:74-8. 2001..The encephalopathy in congenital portosystemic shunt might result from chronic liver ischemia and atrophy. Moreover, the shunt resection may enlarge the functional liver volume by increasing the portal blood flow...
- Spectrum of congenital anomalies of the inferior vena cava: cross-sectional imaging findingsJ E Bass
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, USA
Radiographics 20:639-52. 2000..Other anomalies include absence of the infrarenal IVC or the entire IVC. These anomalies can have significant clinical implications. Awareness of these anomalies is necessary to avoid diagnostic pitfalls...
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic nephrectomy for renal cell cancer with renal vein tumor thrombusAlastair Henderson
East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, Surrey, United Kingdom
Urology 72:268-72. 2008..To assess outcomes after hand-assisted laparoscopic nephrectomy (HALN) for renal cell cancer tumor thrombus confined to the renal vein and to compare outcomes with published series in this setting...
- Prognostic significance of venous thrombus in renal cell carcinoma. Are renal vein and inferior vena cava involvement different?Hyung L Kim
Department of Urology, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
J Urol 171:588-91. 2004..The prognostic significance of the level of venous involvement in renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is controversial. It has been suggested that the 1997 TNM classification of venous involvement system should be revised...
- The left renal entrapment syndrome: diagnosis and treatmentHongkun Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China 310003
Ann Vasc Surg 21:198-203. 2007..Two cases still had microscopic hematuria after exercise. All surgical operations are effective for nutcracker syndrome except excessive invasiveness. Stent may be one of the mainstream therapies because of its minimal invasiveness...
- Nutcracker syndrome in children with orthostatic proteinuria: diagnosis on the basis of Doppler sonographySeong Jin Park
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
J Ultrasound Med 21:39-45; quiz 46. 2002....
- NutcrackerRajendra Bhimma
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
Lancet 365:1280. 2005
- Factors affecting spontaneous resolution of hematuria in childhood nutcracker syndromeJae Il Shin
Department of Pediatrics, The Institute of Kidney Disease, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Nephrol 20:609-13. 2005..543, p=0.013). Although spontaneous resolution of hematuria in children with nutcracker syndrome is obscure, our findings suggest the increase in BMI may be a possible hemodynamic factor...
- Hepatic vein reconstruction at inferior vena cava confluence using left renal vein graftS Ohwada
Second Department of Surgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 45:1833-6. 1998....
- Right hepatectomy combined with retrohepatic caval resection, using a left renal vein patch graft for advanced cholangiocarcinomaHisashi Kurosawa
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, 260 8670, Chiba, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:362-5. 2004..In conclusion, major liver resection combined with caval resection and reconstruction can be performed safely. Furthermore, a left renal vein graft can provide a flexible patch according to the form and size of the caval defect...
- Evaluation of prospective living renal donors for laparoscopic nephrectomy with multisection CT: the marriage of minimally invasive imaging with minimally invasive surgeryJ Rydberg
Department of Radiology, Indiana University Hospital, 550 N University Blvd, Rm 0279, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5253, USA
Radiographics 21:S223-36. 2001..Of several postprocessing techniques that may be used, the authors prefer maximum intensity projection for arterial evaluation and multiplanar reformatting for venous evaluation...
- Spontaneous remission of persistent severe hematuria in an adolescent with nutcracker syndrome: seven years' observationHiroshi Tanaka
Department of Pediatrics, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, 036 8562, Hirosaki, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 8:68-70. 2004..These clinical observations suggest that a proportion of pubertal patients with nutcracker syndrome should be treated conservatively for a relatively long time...
- Two renal veins are not a contraindication for retroperitoneoscopic right-side donor nephrectomyPranjal Modi
Department of Urology and Transplantation Surgery, Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre, Institute of Transplantation Sciences, Civil Hosptial Complex, Asarwa, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
J Endourol 22:1491-6. 2008To evaluate the results of right-donor nephrectomy with kidneys having two or more renal veins.
- Use of bipolar electrocautery during laparoscopic donor nephrectomyT G Schuster
Section of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Urol 165:1968-70. 2001..Because the bipolar electrocautery device is reusable, it decreases operative costs...
- Multi-detector row CT evaluation of living renal donors prior to laparoscopic nephrectomySatomi Kawamoto
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 601 N Caroline St, Room 3254, Baltimore, MD 21287 0801, USA
Radiographics 24:453-66. 2004..of view at laparoscopic surgery is limited, preoperative radiologic evaluation of the donor's anatomy---the renal veins and arteries, collecting system, and parenchyma--is critical...
- Re: Vena caval transection during retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy: report of the complication and review of the literatureDinesh Singh
J Urol 173:1435-6. 2005
- Preoperative evaluation of living kidney donors using multirow detector computed tomography: comparison with digital subtraction angiography and intraoperative findingsEnrique Lopez Hänninen
Department of Radiology, Charite Medical University Center, Campus Virchow Clinic, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Transpl Int 18:1134-41. 2005....
- Positron emission tomography-computed tomography imaging characteristics of an inferior vena cava tumor thrombus with magnetic resonance imaging correlationJohn N Rydberg
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:517-9. 2004..This case reports the role of combined positron emission tomography-CT imaging in the accurate detection of recurrent RCC after partial nephrectomy and surgically proven tumor thrombus in the renal vein and inferior vena cava...
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for hilar tumorsInderbir S Gill
Section of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 174:850-3; discussion 853-4. 2005..We report the technical feasibility and perioperative outcomes of laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) for hilar tumors...
- Graft loss due to percutaneous sclerotherapy of a lymphocele using acetic acid after renal transplantationGian Luigi Adani
Department of Surgery and Transplantation, University School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:836-8. 2005....
- Contrast-enhanced MR angiography and digital subtraction angiography in living renal donors: diagnostic agreement, impact on decision making, and costsMarc C J M Kock
Department of Radiology, Erasmus Medical Center, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:448-56. 2005..The objective of our study was to evaluate the diagnostic agreement, the impact on decision making, and the costs of contrast-enhanced MR angiography and digital subtraction angiography in the workup of living renal donors...
- Hand-assisted transperitoneal laparoscopic living donor nephrectomyM Cai
Department of Urology, Beijing, China
Transplant Proc 36:1903-4. 2004..We introduced and evaluated the advantages and disadvantages of the hand-assisted transperitoneal laparoscopic technique for living donor nephrectomy...
- [Treatment techniques of harvesting injury of donor renal blood vessels]Bo Zhang
Department of Urology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710033, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 42:607-10. 2004..To study the treatment technique for harvesting injury of donor blood vessels for the clinic application...
- Complication after embolization of a complex renal vascular malformationBenjamin Wiesinger
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hoppe Seylerstr 3, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:1729-33. 2005
- [Arteriovenous fistula: complication of renal biopsy. Superselective embolization]L Ribera
Servicio de Nefrología y Unitat de Diagnòstic per la Imatge d Alta Tecnologia UDIAT, Corporacio Parc Tauli, Sabadell, Barcelona
Nefrologia 24:372-5. 2004..An arteriovenous fistula of high flow was detected by Doppler ultrasound. Then, it was confirmed angiographically and closed by embolism's catheter without damage of renal tissue...
- Postnephrectomy renal arteriovenous fistulaErcan Kocakoc
Department of Radiology, Firat University Faculty of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 23:965-8. 2004
- Renovascular injury: an argument for renal preservationKatherine A Barsness
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, The Children s Hospital, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Trauma 57:310-5. 2004..Renovascular injury is uncommon among children. This study hypothesized that preservation of the severely injured kidney can be achieved safely without renal insufficiency, postinjury hypertension, or the need for hemodialysis...
- Percutaneous embolization of renal arteriovenous fistulaP Sendi
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Clinic Liestal, Switzerland
Vasa 34:207-10. 2005..One day after successful occlusion of the fistula, clinical symptoms disappeared...
- Giant idiopathic renal arteriovenous fistula requiring urgent nephrectomyMarc C Smaldone
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213 3232, USA
Urology 69:576.e1-3. 2007..Gross hematuria resulted from AVF erosion into the collecting system. Given the size of the AVF, endovascular coil embolization was attempted but deemed too risky, necessitating urgent nephrectomy...
- Pseudoaneurysm and renal arteriovenous fistula after nephrectomy: two cases treated by transcatheter coil embolizationZulkif Bozgeyik
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Emerg Radiol 15:119-22. 2008..Delayed hemorrhage related to postnephrectomy may be life-threatening conditions because of diagnostic difficulties. AVF and pseudoaneurysm can be treated safely and successfully by transcatheter arterial embolization...
- Retrievability of the Günther Tulip vena cava filter after dwell times longer than 180 days in patients with multiple traumaDavid Rosenthal
Department of Vascular Surgery, Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Endovasc Ther 14:406-10. 2007..To evaluate the retrieval feasibility of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter (IVCF) after dwell times >180 days in patients with multiple trauma...
- Hem-o-lok clips to control both the artery and the vein during laparoscopic nephrectomy: personal experience and review of the literaturePaolo Casale
J Endourol 21:915-8. 2007..Our purpose was to evaluate the reliability, safety, and cost-effectiveness of this surgical approach...
- Prospective radiographic followup after en bloc ligation of the renal hilumWesley M White
Department of Urology, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, USA
J Urol 178:1888-91; discussion 1891. 2007..We determined the risk of arteriovenous fistula after en bloc ligation of the renal hilum...
- Morphometric study of a horseshoe kidneyHale Oktem
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of Gazi, Ankara, Turkey
Med Princ Pract 17:80-3. 2008..To describe a horseshoe kidney, a congenital anomaly of the upper urinary tract...
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy for hilar tumors: evaluation of short-term oncologic outcomeLee Richstone
Smith Institute for Urology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Urology 71:36-40. 2008..To present our experience performing laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (LPN) for hilar renal tumors and demonstrate the feasibility and short-term oncologic efficacy...
- Vessel length following laparoscopic donor nephrectomy: impact of vascular ligation technique on allograft vessel lengthForrest C Jellison
Division of Urology and Transplantation, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
J Endourol 22:973-7. 2008..The purpose of this study is to compare the amount of vessel length lost when the artery and vein are secured with four different techniques...
- Hemostatic properties of four devices for partial nephrectomy: a comparative ex vivo studyPatrick Honeck
Department of Urology, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
J Endourol 22:1071-6. 2008..The aim of our study was to investigate the hemostatic potential of four different devices for realizing this under standardized conditions...
- Polycythemia and a cystic renal lesionMathu Selvarajah
Department of Nephrology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 13:356-7. 2008
- Enhanced surgical imaging: laparoscopic vessel identification and assessment of tissue oxygenationNicole J Crane
Naval Medical Research Center, Combat and Casualty Care, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:1159-66. 2008....
- Assessment of the kidney tumor vascular supply by two-phase MDCT-angiographyJiri Ferda
Department of Radiology, Charles University Hospital Plzen, Alej Svobody 80, CZ 306 40 Plzen, Czech Republic
Eur J Radiol 62:295-301. 2007..The aim of our retrospective study was to evaluate the accuracy of 16-detector-row CT-angiography in assessing the vascular anatomy of the kidney with a tumor...
- Multidetector CT angiography in live donor renal transplantation: experience from 156 consecutive cases at a single centreMatthew Laugharne
Department of Surgery, Southmead Hospital, North Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, UK
Transpl Int 20:156-66. 2007..Mechanisms should exist for auditing and improving pre-operative imaging in any live donor programme...
- Prospective study comparing three-dimensional computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for evaluating the renal vascular anatomy in potential living renal donorsAftab A Bhatti
Department of Urology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN, UK
BJU Int 96:1105-8. 2005..To prospectively compare the accuracy of multislice spiral computed tomographic angiography (CTA) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) in evaluating the renal vascular anatomy in potential living renal donors...
- Incidental finding of right renal venous aneurysm in a patient with symptomatic ipsilateral renal carcinoma: a case reportAngela Ferrante
Vascular Surgery Unit, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, A Gemelli University Hospital, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Cardiovasc Pathol 14:327-30. 2005True venous aneurysms of the renal veins are very uncommon lesions. Diagnosis is incidental, and thrombosed aneurysms may simulate solid renal masses.
- Transcatheter embolization of a high-flow renal arteriovenous fistula with use of a constrained wallstent to prevent coil migrationScott Resnick
Department of Radiology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:363-7. 2006..This method allowed for complete occlusion of a large, high-flow fistula by transcatheter embolization with minimal risk of pulmonary embolization...
- Use of a partially deployed wallstent to act as an inferior vena cava filtration device during coil embolization of a high-flow arteriovenous fistulaScott Resnick
Department of Radiology, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:369-72. 2006..This method further allows removal of any trapped coils without the need for a snare device...
- Electron-beam CT as a diagnostic modality in pediatric nephrology and renal transplant surgeryUlf H Beier
Department of Pediatrics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 South Wood Street, Room 1438 CSB, Chicago, IL 60612 7324, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:677-82. 2006..It is very useful for clinical questions that require a detailed description of vascular and renal anatomy...
- Evaluation of living renal donors: accuracy of three-dimensional 16-section CTNeeraj Rastogi
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, White 270, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 240:136-44. 2006....
- Routine left robotic-assisted laparoscopic donor nephrectomy is safe and effective regardless of the presence of vascular anomaliesVeronica Gorodner
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Transpl Int 19:636-40. 2006..7%) versus none in the group with multiple arteries. Left kidney procurement using robotic-assisted laparoscopic technique is safe and effective, even in the presence of vascular anomalies...
- Complex abdominal aortic aneurysm repairC D Rodd
Regional Vascular Unit, St Mary s Hospital, New York, England
Acta Chir Belg 106:458-66. 2006..All cases need careful planning, including that of the approach. A successful anastomosis requires good aortic tissue. Minimal dissection reduces morbidity...
- Therapeutic transarterial embolisation in the management of benign and malignant renal conditionsB K Somani
Department of Urology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, AB25 2WA, UK
Surgeon 4:348-52. 2006..The aim of this study was to critically appraise the efficacy and complications of Therapeutic Transarterial Embolisation (TAE) in various benign and malignant renal conditions...
- [Renal arteriovenous fistula]H Primus
Klinik für Urologie, Kreiskliniken Aschersleben Strassfurt GmbH, Aschersleben
Urologe A 46:412-5. 2007..Because of the size and aneurysmatic appearance of this fistula, we performed a nephrectomy. Since this operation the patient has been free of complaints...
- A novel technique for creating solid renal pseudotumors and renal vein-inferior vena caval pseudothrombus in a porcine and cadaveric modelDaniel Eun
Vattikuti Urology Institute, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202 2689, USA
J Urol 180:1510-4. 2008..We developed a simple means to replicate kidney tumors in an animal and cadaver model that could be used to create pseudotumors of different sizes and locations for use in surgical training...
- Preoperative evaluation of potential renal donors using multidetector CTT Tran
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Abdom Imaging 27:620-5. 2002..We describe and illustrate our computed tomographic technique in patients considering a donor nephrectomy...
- Congestive heart failure due to traumatic arteriovenous fistula--two case reportsMahmut Cakmak
Siyami Ersek Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery Center, Istanbul, Turkey
Angiology 54:625-9. 2003..Two cases are presented of heart failure due to traumatic arteriovenous fistula, one of which was between the right renal artery and inferior vena cava and the other between the left renal artery and renal vein...
- Gadolinium-enhanced three-dimensional magnetic resonance angiography versus conventional digital subtraction angiography: which modality is superior in evaluating living kidney donors?Markus Giessing
Department of Urology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Transplantation 76:1000-2. 2003..The correct diagnosis of renal donor veins differed significantly in favor of MRA (kappa 0.79 vs. 0.45; P=0.008). MRA is superior to DSA in assessing the renal vasculature in living kidney donors...
- Hand-assisted laparoscopic nephrectomy for stage T1 and large stage T2 renal tumorsVipul R Patel
Urology Centers of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Endourol 17:379-83. 2003..Our aim was to assess whether HAL nephrectomy for these larger tumors maintains the same advantages enjoyed by HAL for the smaller ones (<7 cm)...
- Delayed nephrectomy in grade V renal injury with two interesting anatomic variationsE R Richter
General Surgery Service, Department of Surgery, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Urology 58:607. 2001..After transfer to our facility, nephrectomy was performed. The case illustrates the merit of prompt definitive surgical treatment...
- [Arteriovenous fistula of the renal pedicle following nephrectomy responsible for heart failure. Report of 2 cases]X Marcaggi
Service de cardiologie, CHRU, Clermont-Ferrand
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1721-4. 1990..The clinical results were excellent. These two cases illustrate the value of different imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches: direct surgery or embolisation...
- Renal arteriovenous fistula developing after tumor enucleation using a microwave tissue coagulatorT Akiyama
Department of Urology, Nara-Prefectural Nara Hospital, Nara, Japan
Int J Urol 8:568-71. 2001..Excessive coagulation, however, should be avoided, since it might be the cause of unexpected postoperative vascular complications...
- Anatomic landmarks and time management during retroperitoneoscopic radical nephrectomyGyung Tak Sung
Section of Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urological Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Endourol 16:165-9. 2002..The aim of this study is to provide prospective, objective data on retroperitoneoscopic radical nephrectomy with regard to anatomic landmarks and time management of the sequential operative steps...
- [Laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy of kidneys with multiple renal vessels]M Giessing
Universitatsklinik fur Urologie, Charite, Berlin
Urologe A 42:225-32. 2003..02). Intra- and postoperative complication rates for donors and recipients were not different in both groups. Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy for kidneys with multiple vessels is feasible and safe for donor and recipient...
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated glomerulonephritis with intrarenal aneurysms and renal arteriovenous fistulaesAkihito Inatsu
Department of Internal Medicine, Japan Self Defense Forces Central Hospital, Tokyo
Intern Med 41:853-8. 2002..This case suggests the possibility of some relationship between ANCA-associated vasculitides and the formation of aneurysms and AVFs...
- How we do it: renal donor evaluationKaren M Horton
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, USA
Crit Rev Comput Tomogr 43:183-5. 2002
- [Cardiac failure caused by renal arteriovenous fistula fifty years after nephrectomy. A new case and review of the literature]I el-Rassi
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, , Beyrouth, Liban
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1427-30. 1997..Percutaneous embolization is an alternative in patients with a high surgical risk. All previously reported cases are reviewed (n = 72) with their aetiological, clinical and therapeutic features...
- Comprehensive MR imaging in the preoperative evaluation of living donor candidates for laparoscopic nephrectomy: initial experienceGary M Israel
Department of Radiology, NYU Medical Center, 560 First Ave, Suite HW 202, New York, NY 10016, USA
Radiology 225:427-32. 2002..To evaluate the accuracy of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in the preoperative evaluation of potential living renal donors who are candidates for laparoscopic nephrectomy...
- Use of computed tomography renal angiography for screening feline renal transplant donorsJennifer L Bouma
Department of Clinical Studies Philadelphia, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 3900 Delancey Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6010, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 44:636-41. 2003..Four cats had single renal arteries and veins bilaterally; four cats had double renal veins. One cat had a small accessory artery supplying the caudal pole of the left kidney...
- Techniques to optimize vascular control during laparoscopic donor nephrectomyMaxwell V Meng
Department of Urology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143 0738, USA
Urology 61:93-7; discussion 97-8. 2003..To review our experience with laparoscopic donor nephrectomy for kidney transplantation and describe our technique of vessel ligation...
- [Diagnostic imaging of peripheral renal vascular disorders]O Helenon
Hopital Necker, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris
J Radiol 85:243-9. 2004..Initial diagnosis relies on color Doppler US and CT angiography. Angiography plays a therapeutic role. MR imaging provides useful diagnostic information on perfusion disorders especially in patients with renal insufficiency...
- Bedside insertion of vena cava filters in the intensive care unit using intravascular ultrasound to locate renal veinsDennis W Ashley
Mercer University School of Medicine Department of Surgery, Macon, Georgia, USA
J Trauma 57:26-31. 2004..Previously, the authors have shown that intravascular ultrasound is a safe and accurate method for locating renal veins and assisting with vena cava filter placement...
- Gadolinium, carbon dioxide, and iodinated contrast material for planning inferior vena cava filter placement: a prospective trialDaniel B Brown
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 South Kingshighway Boulevard, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:1017-22. 2003..To prospectively compare the diagnostic accuracy of CO(2) and gadolinium to iodinated contrast material for inferior vena cavography before inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement...
- Renal vein renin measurements accurately identify renovascular hypertension caused by total occlusion of the renal arteryGian Paolo Rossi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
J Hypertens 20:975-84. 2002..To assess the usefulness of indexes derived from renal vein renin measurements...
- Renal glucose production during insulin-induced hypoglycemia in humansE Cersosimo
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794 8154, USA
Diabetes 48:261-6. 1999..Our 14 healthy subjects had arterialized hand veins (artery) and renal veins (under fluoroscopy) catheterized after an overnight fast...
- Effect of starvation on glutamine ammoniagenesis and gluconeogenesis in isolated mouse kidney tubulesAgnès Conjard
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie Métabolique et Rénale, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U499, Faculté de Médecine R T H Laënnec, Rue G Paradin, 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Biochem J 368:301-8. 2002..urinary excretion of ammonium ions observed in starved mice probably reflected an increased transport of these ions into the urine at the expense of those released into the renal veins rather than a stimulation of renal ammoniagenesis.
- Factor V G1691A and prothrombin G20210A in childhood spontaneous venous thrombosis--evidence of an age-dependent thrombotic onset in carriers of factor V G1691A and prothrombin G20210A mutationR Schobess
Paediatric Haematology and Oncology, University Hospital Halle Saale
Eur J Pediatr 158:S105-8. 1999..accidents in carriers of the FV mutation occurred in deep veins of the leg (n = 11), cerebral veins (n = 4), renal veins (n = 3) and portal veins (n = 2)...
- MRI OF RENAL ANATOMY AND FUNCTION IN CHRONIC ISCHEMIAFrank Sommer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The utility of the comprehensive exam will be determined by correlating pre- intervention MRI-determined parameters with both clinical outcome measures and post-intervention MRI-determined parameters. ..
- Reconstruction Hardware for Real-Time Moving Tabel MRIStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- HIGH RESOLUTION INTERACTIVE CORONARY ARTERY MRAStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The methods will be studied in a pig model of coronary artery stenosis and compared with x-ray angiography. ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE FLUOROSCOPY TRIGGERING FOR HIGH RESOLStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2001..These will be sorted, reconstructed and displayed during the 3D acquisition allowing he operator to observe contrast behavior and intervene, such as by triggering another temporal frame or advancing the table. ..
- Expression of ammonia-sensitive proteins in the CNSI Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Second, while these studies are admittedly high risk, their results could lead to a breakthrough in the field of hyperammonemic and hepatic encephalopathy. ..
- H/HCO3 transport in the collecting ductI Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- WEB BASED RENAL TRANSPLANT PATIENT MEDICATION EDUCATIONAmy Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is hoped that better prescription comprehension and understanding of the transplant process will help patients improve their own compliance and troubleshoot errors made by other providers. ..
- Long Field Of View MRA Using Continuous Table MotionStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Eventually this process will be performed using the full contrast bolus alone. ..
- Maintainance of Organ Function Following InjuryIrshad Chaudry; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Parainfluenza virus 3 interactions with dendritic cellsGABRIELE LUCA GUSELLA; Fiscal Year: 2006..The identification of the viral domains important for HPF3-mediated immunoregulation will provide the target for novel antiviral pharmacologic strategies. ..
- Controlled-Release HIF-1 Delivery for ArteriogenesisLawrence Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 2005..These projects and career development plans will provide the resources, collaborative relationships, and academic foundation of which the candidate will build a successful career as an independent clinical scientist. ..
- INSULIN RECEPTOR RELATED AND THE KIDNEYCarlton Bates; Fiscal Year: 2002..After being subjected to systemic alkalosis, IRR-null mouse kidneys will be examined to determine if the intercalated cells have appropriately altered their morphology and intracellular distribution of proton transporters. ..
- Testicular Torsion: Mechanisms and TreatmentTerry Turner; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is likely that these investigations will be relevant to other forms of oxidative stress inducing testicular dysfunction. ..
- Role of polycystin-1 in centrosome duplication and cell cycle controlGABRIELE LUCA GUSELLA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our study will contribute to ongoing efforts assessing the therapeutic potential for cell cycle inhibitors in the treatment of ADPKD. ..