Genomes and Genes
Summary: Veins which drain the liver.
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Redirection of the hepatic venous flow for the treatment of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations after Fontan operationYutaka Imoto
Cardiovascular Surgery, Kyushu Koseinenkin Hospital, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu, Japan
Pediatr Cardiol 27:490-2. 2006..Our experience shows that deficiency of hepatic venous flow played a crucial role in the development of PAVMs and that redistribution of the flow retained potential to ameliorate the pathological condition...
- Regression of severe pulmonary arteriovenous malformations after Fontan revision and "hepatic factor" reroutingNancy A Pike
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, UCLA Box 951741, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1741, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:697-9. 2004..We present a case in which successful H-type Fontan revision with rerouting of hepatic venous flow through a hemiazygous vein successfully reversed the progression of severe left pulmonary arteriovenous malformations...
- Partial hepatic vein diversion in pulmonary arteriovenous malformations in congenital heart diseaseEnrico Aidala
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Ospedale Infantile Regina Margherita, Torino, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1089-90. 2004..My colleagues and I describe a case of partial diversion of hepatic blood into the pulmonary circulation and suggest a strategy to decrease the likelihood of conduit thrombosis and to treat pulmonary arteriovenous malformations...
- Off-pump connection of the hepatic to the azygos vein through a lateral thoracotomy for relief of arterio-venous fistulas after a Kawashima procedureFatima E F G Lopez
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Medical Centre Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cardiol Young 18:311-5. 2008To connect the hepatic veins to the azygos venous system through a lateral thoracotomy, and without the use of extracorporeal circulation, so as to relieve arteriovenous fistulas after a previous Kawashima operation.
- Anterior fissure of the right liver--the third door of the liverAkihiro Cho
Department of Surgery, Seirei Sakura Hospital, 2 36 2 Ebaradai, Sakura, Chiba 285 8765, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:390-6. 2004..Thus, the in vivo anatomy of the right liver was reevaluated to clarify the segmental anatomy...
- An anatomical study of short hepatic veins, with special reference to delineation of the caudate lobe for hanging maneuver of the liver without the usual mobilizationToshio J Sato
Department of Anatomy, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 17, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8556, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:55-60. 2002..The present study was designed to anatomically assess a very recently reported hanging maneuver of the liver without mobilization, in which forceps are inserted blindly between the inferior vena cava (IVC) and liver parenchyma...
- Symptomatic intrahepatic portosystemic venous shunt: embolization with an alternative approachShuichi Tanoue
Department of Radiology, Oita Medical University, 1 1, Idaigaoka, Hasama machi, Oita Gun, Oita, 879 5593, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:71-8. 2003..In this study, we describe the angiographic findings and transcatheter embolization techniques using several approaches for the treatment of intrahepatic portosystemic venous shunt...
- Intrahepatic portosystemic venous shunt: diagnosis by colour/power Doppler imaging and three-dimensional ultrasoundB Oguz
Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, Sihhiye, Ankara TR 06100, Turkey
Br J Radiol 76:487-90. 2003....
- Temporary occlusion of two hepatic veins for chemoembolization of hepatocellular carcinoma with arteriohepatic vein shuntsSatoru Murata
Department of Radiology, Center for Advanced Medical Technology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyou ku, Tokyo, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:415-7. 2005
- Reconstruction of the portal and hepatic veins using venous grafts customized from the bilateral gonadal veinsYusuke Yamamoto
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:1115-21. 2009..Autologous venous grafts made from the bilateral gonadal veins (BGVs) have never been utilized or discussed...
- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU): effective and safe therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma adjacent to major hepatic veinsLian Zhang
Clinical Center for Tumor Therapy, Second Hospital of Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, 74 Linjiang Road, Chongqing, 400010, People s Republic of China
Eur Radiol 19:437-45. 2009..Short-term and long-term follow-up results show that HIFU can be safely used to ablate the tumors adjacent to major vessels...
- Marginal hepatectomy in the rat: from anatomy to surgeryNodir Madrahimov
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Ann Surg 244:89-98. 2006..The new surgical technique was used to determine the maximal reduction in liver mass enabling a 50% 1-week survival rate...
- Clinical features and management of hepatic portal venous gas: four case reports and cumulative review of the literatureH Kinoshita
Critical Care Medical Center, School of Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, 811-1, Kimiidera, Wakayama 641-8510, Japan
Arch Surg 136:1410-4. 2001..The underlying disease associated with HPVG determines the clinical features and prognosis of the patients. The treatment of patients with HPVG should be directed to the underlying disease...
- Diagnostic value of Doppler assessment of the hepatic and portal vessels and ultrasound of the spleen in liver diseaseJohn O'Donohue
Institute of Liver Studies, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:147-55. 2004....
- Recent variceal bleeding: Doppler US hepatic vein waveform in assessment of severity of portal hypertension and vasoactive drug responseSoon Koo Baik
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, 162 Ilsan dong, Wonju 220 701, South Korea
Radiology 240:574-80. 2006..To prospectively evaluate both the correlation between abnormal Doppler ultrasonography (US) hepatic vein waveforms and the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) and the response to drug treatment in patients with cirrhosis...
- Surgical anatomy of the liver, hepatic vasculature and bile ducts in the ratPaulo Ney Aguiar Martins
Department of General Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Virchow Clinic, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Liver Int 27:384-92. 2007..As in humans, the rat liver vasculature and biliary system have many anatomical variations. The development of surgical techniques, and the study of liver function and diseases require detailed knowledge of the regional anatomy...
- Extracorporeal repair and liver autotransplantation after total avulsion of hepatic veins and retrohepatic inferior vena cava injury secondary to blunt abdominal traumaUgo Boggi
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Trapianti, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Trauma 60:405-6. 2006
- Comparison of Doppler ultrasonography and the hepatic venous pressure gradient in assessing portal hypertension in liver cirrhosisYeun Jong Choi
Departments of Internal Medicine, Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:424-9. 2003....
- Assessment of the agreement between wedge hepatic vein pressure and portal vein pressure in cirrhotic patientsU Thalheimer
Liver Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Medicine Unit, Royal Free Hospital, Pond Street, NW3 2QG London, UK Internal Medicine Dept, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale L A Scuro, Verona, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:601-8. 2005....
- Surgical procedures for decompression of excessive shear stress in small-for-size living donor liver transplantation--new hepatic vein reconstructionH Oya
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Transplant Proc 37:1108-11. 2005..The outside middle and left hepatic veins of the graft were incised and enlarged to 40 mm. The vena cava was cut 40 mm longitudinally...
- Doppler ultrasonographic grading of hepatic vascular malformations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia -- results of extensive screeningE Buscarini
Gastroenterology Department, Ospedale Maggiore, Crema, Italy
Ultraschall Med 25:348-55. 2004..Thereafter, Doppler US has been routinely used to screen HHT families for liver involvement. Hepatic VMs were evaluated and classified on the basis of Doppler US findings...
- Hepatic portal gas in adults: review of the literature and presentation of a consecutive series of 11 casesNicolas Peloponissios
Department of Surgery, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Arch Surg 138:1367-70. 2003..Hepatic portal venous gas (HPVG) in adults is a rare entity. The underlying pathologic condition is usually an intestinal ischemia, but it has been reported in association with a variety of conditions...
- The segments of the hepatic veins-is there a spatial correlation to the Couinaud liver segments?Lars Fischer
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 53:245-55. 2005..To investigate and describe the volume, position and shape of venous segments within the human liver and define their spatial correlation to the Couinaud segments (CS) and to the portal vein segments (PVS)...
- Variations of hepatic veins: helical computerized tomography experience in 100 consecutive living liver donors with emphasis on right lobeS Orguc
Genel Cerrahi Anabilim Dali Bornova, Ege Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Izmir 35100, Turkey
Transplant Proc 36:2727-32. 2004..The studies evaluated the ramification pattern of hepatic veins, the presence of accessory hepatic veins, and of segment 5 or 8 veins (or both) draining into middle hepatic ..
- Doppler waveform of the hepatic veins in an obese populationNevzat Karabulut
Department of Radiology, Pamukkale University Hospital, Denizli, Turkey
Eur Radiol 14:2268-72. 2004..The objective is to investigate the effect of obesity and hepatosteatosis on the Doppler waveform pattern of the hepatic veins. B-mode and duplex Doppler sonography of the liver and the right hepatic vein was performed in 102 obese ..
- Hepatic vascular malformations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaSakib Karim Khalid
Section of Digestive Diseases, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Semin Liver Dis 28:247-58. 2008..Patients who fail aggressive medical therapy and those with acute biliary/hepatic necrosis should be considered for liver transplantation...
- Ultrasonography in patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome: diagnostic signs and prognostic implicationsBita Boozari
Medical School of Hannover, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover, Germany
J Hepatol 49:572-80. 2008..We analyzed sonomorphological signs of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) and their potential for prognosis prediction...
- Liver involvement in a large cohort of patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: echo-color-Doppler vs multislice computed tomography studyPaolo Buonamico
Unit of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, Interdepartmental HHT Centre, University of Bari Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, Bari, Italy
J Hepatol 48:811-20. 2008..This single-blind study aimed to compare the diagnostic accuracy of echo-color-Doppler with MSCT and identify the most sensitive ultrasound criteria indicating hepatic shunts...
- Renal cell carcinoma invading the hepatic veinsG Ciancio
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, P O Box 012440, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Cancer 92:1836-42. 2001..Complete mobilization of the liver and rotation of the inferior vena cava enhances exposure of the ostium of the hepatic veins. This maneuver allows for the complete removal of tumor from the hepatic veins and decompression of the liver.
- Damping index of Doppler hepatic vein waveform to assess the severity of portal hypertension and response to propranolol in liver cirrhosis: a prospective nonrandomized studyMoon Young Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Institute of Lifelong Health, Wonju College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Wonju, South Korea
Liver Int 27:1103-10. 2007..We prospectively evaluated the correlation between the extent of abnormal Doppler HV waveforms expressed as damping index (DI) and the hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) and response to propranolol in patients with cirrhosis...
- Interobserver agreement in diagnosing liver involvement in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia by Doppler ultrasoundElisabetta Buscarini
Gastroenterology Department, Maggiore Hospital, Crema, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:718-25. 2008..26). Study results indicate that Doppler US diagnosis of liver VMs in HHT has a high degree of agreement among ultrasonographers; a moderate agreement was found regarding severity staging...
- Management of the middle hepatic vein and its tributaries in right lobe living donor liver transplantationPeng Fei Yu
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:358-63. 2007....
- Association between duplex Doppler sonographic flow pattern in right hepatic vein and various liver diseasesA von Herbay
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, , Moorenstrasse 5, , Germany
J Clin Ultrasound 29:25-30. 2001..The waveforms of the hepatic veins were categorized as type 1, triphasic; type 2, biphasic; or type 3, flat...
- [Hepatic portal venous gas associated with acute pancreatitis: reports of two cases and review of literature]Hyeong Cheon Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Hospital, Gwangju, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 50:131-5. 2007..Therefore, vigilant and aggressive management should be warranted in such condition...
- Doppler waveforms of the hepatic veins in children with diffuse fatty infiltration of the liverHakan Uzun
Duzce University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Konuralp, Duzce 81620, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 71:552-6. 2009The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of fatty infiltration of the liver (FIL) on the Doppler waveform pattern in the hepatic veins of obese children.
- Experimental radiofrequency ablation near the portal and the hepatic veins in pigs: differences in efficacy of a monopolar ablation systemChristopher Bangard
Department of Radiology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Surg Res 135:113-9. 2006We sought to compare the efficacy of a monopolar radiofrequency ablation system in vivo near the portal vein and the hepatic veins in porcine liver.
- Techniques of reconstruction of hepatic veins in living-donor liver transplantation, especially for right hepatic vein and major short hepatic veins of right-lobe graftSung Gyu Lee
The Division of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 13:131-8. 2006..Herein, the author describes various techniques of venoplasty of the right hepatic vein (RHV) and the major short hepatic veins to obviate venous outflow obstruction in these veins.
- Portal venous 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-beta-D-ribofuranoside infusion overcomes hyperinsulinemic suppression of endogenous glucose outputRaul C Camacho
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Diabetes Research and Training Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0615, USA
Diabetes 54:373-82. 2005..This stimulation of glucose output by AICAR was equally marked in the presence of both euglycemia and hypoglycemia. However, hypoglycemia amplified the net hepatic glycogenolytic response to AICAR by approximately fourfold...
- Results of hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma invading major portal and/or hepatic veinsIwao Ikai
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 12:65-75, ix. 2003..This study evaluates the effects of surgical treatments for patients with HCC invading major portal and/or hepatic veins. The surgical results of 112 patients with HCC invading major portal and/or hepatic veins who underwent ..
- Ultrasonographically guided surgical approach to liver tumours involving the hepatic veins close to the caval confluenceG Torzilli
Third Department of Surgery, University of Milan, Faculty of Medicine, Istituto Clinico Humanitas Istituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Br J Surg 93:1238-46. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine whether IOUS and colour Doppler IOUS might reduce the rate of major hepatectomy and vascular reconstruction in patients with such tumours...
- Hemodynamic and morphologic changes of peripheral hepatic vasculature in cirrhotic liver disease: a preliminary study using contrast-enhanced coded phase inversion harmonic ultrasonographyRong Qin Zheng
Department of Ultrasound, Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510630, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:6348-53. 2005..To provide the useful information for the diagnosis of liver cirrhosis by observing the morphology of peripheral hepatic vessels and the hemodynamics of microbubble arrival time in these vessels...
- Hepatic vein transit time of SonoVue: a comparative study with LevovistAdrian K P Lim
Imaging Sciences Department, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0HS, England
Radiology 240:130-5. 2006..To prospectively compare transit times of Levovist and SonoVue in healthy volunteers and patients with biopsy-proved hepatitis C-related liver disease...
- Ramification pattern and topographical relationship between the portal and hepatic veins in the left anatomical lobe of the human liverY Ishibashi
Department of Anatomy, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 17, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-8556, Japan
Okajimas Folia Anat Jpn 78:75-82. 2001..from donated Japanese adult cadavers were dissected to reveal the ramification pattern of the portal and hepatic veins, and their topographical relationship in the left anatomical lobe...
- Enhancement characteristics of the microbubble agent Levovist: reproducibility and interaction with aspirinRolf A Heckemann
Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Eur J Radiol 41:179-83. 2002..Aspirin does not have a significant effect on enhancement indices except carotid spectral Doppler decay. We conclude that aspirin is unlikely to potentiate microbubble enhancement, as seen in animal studies...
- Various liver resections using hanging maneuver by three glisson's pedicles and three hepatic veinsSeong Hoon Kim
National Cancer Center, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg 245:201-5. 2007To introduce a simple and effective technique for various kinds of anatomic liver resection using the hanging maneuver by 3 Glisson's pedicles and 3 hepatic veins.
- [Gas in hepatic veins associated with tunneled femoral hemodialysis catheter]B Marin
service de radiologie et imagerie médicale, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
J Radiol 83:47-8. 2002..Abdominal ultrasound showed isolated gas in the hepatic veins. It was related to manipulation of the catheter, which allowed the passage of gas bubbles from the inferior ..
- Transcatheter closure of fenestrations and excluded hepatic veins after fontan: versatility of the Amplatzer deviceJ W Moore
Nemours Cardiac Center, duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
Am Heart J 140:534-40. 2000..was to evaluate the Amplatzer septal occluder (ASO) for transcatheter closure of fenestrations and excluded hepatic veins in patients after modified Fontan operations...
- Modified outflow reconstruction with a venous patch in domino liver transplantationMatteo Cescon
Liver and Multiorgan Transplant Unit, Department of Surgery and Transplantation, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Liver Transpl 13:1756-7. 2007
- Hepatic venous congestion after living donor liver transplantation with right lobe graft: two-phase CT findingsBong Soo Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Radiology 232:173-80. 2004..To describe and determine clinical importance of two-phase computed tomographic (CT) findings of hepatic venous congestion after living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) with right lobe graft...
- Liver transplantation: vascular complicationsSandeep Vaidya
Department of Radiology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Ultrasound Q 23:239-53. 2007..Most complications cause significant morbidity and mortality after liver transplantation. The appearance of vascular complications in posttransplantation patients is illustrated in this article...
- Tailoring donor hepatectomy per segment 4 venous drainage in right lobe live donor liver transplantationSee Ching Chan
Centre for the Study of Liver Disease and Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Liver Transpl 10:755-62. 2004..In conclusion, unfavorable venous drainage patterns were one of the independent factors compromising postoperative donor liver function, but was circumvented by preservation of V4b...
- Optimizing Doppler and color flow US: application to hepatic sonographyJonathan B Kruskal
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 1 Deaconess Rd, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Radiographics 24:657-75. 2004..capable of accurately characterizing the nature of flow within the major hepatic arteries and the portal and hepatic veins, it is widely used for imaging the liver vasculature...
- Hepatic venous congestion in living donor liver transplantation: preoperative quantitative prediction and follow-up using computed tomographyShin Hwang
Department of Surgery, Division of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Asan Medical Center, Ulsan University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Liver Transpl 10:763-70. 2004..The changes in CTAA observed in the right lobes of donors and recipients indicate that MHV reconstruction can effectively decrease the HVC area...
- One-step venous reconstruction for a right lobe graft with multiple venous orifices in living donor liver transplantationYuji Soejima
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Liver Transpl 14:706-8. 2008
- Evaluation of living liver transplant donors: method for precise anatomic definition by using a dedicated contrast-enhanced MR imaging protocolDushyant Sahani
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, White 270, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiographics 24:957-67. 2004..MR imaging provides valuable information about variations in the vascular and biliary anatomy and allows evaluation of the hepatic parenchyma for diffuse or focal abnormalities...
- Hemodynamic and morphologic changes after portal vein embolization: differential effects in central and peripheral zones in the liver on multiphasic computed tomographySatoshi Kobayashi
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Unit 057, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:804-10. 2004..To evaluate hemodynamic and morphologic effects in the liver after portal vein embolization (PVE)...
- Positive end-expiratory pressure induces liver congestion in living donor liver transplant patients: myth or factFuat H Saner
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Transplantation 85:1863-6. 2008..Our study demonstrated that PEEP up to 10 mbar did not impair liver outflow in LDLT recipients...
- Recovery of liver perfusion after focal outflow obstruction and liver resectionOlaf Dirsch
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne corrected Germany
Transplantation 85:748-56. 2008..This study was designed to characterize the pathophysiological correlate of focal outflow obstruction in a small-for-size liver and its course of recovery in a rat model...
- Intraoperative three-dimensional visualization of liver vasculature by ultrasonographyMasami Minagawa
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1448-50. 2004..Three-dimensional ultrasound has been evaluated in various fields, but not yet in intraoperative sonography...
- Preoperative hepatic vascular evaluation with CT and MR angiography: implications for surgeryDushyant Sahani
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, White 270, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiographics 24:1367-80. 2004..Both CT angiography and MR angiography have had a significant impact on the selection of candidates for liver surgery as well as on surgical technique...
- Multislice CT angiography in the evaluation of hepatic vascular anatomy in potential right lobe donorsSuzan Saylisoy
Departments of Radiology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 11:51-9. 2005..To assess the role of multislice CT angiography in the evaluation of arterial, hepatic and portal venous variations in potential right lobe donors...
- Impact of a left-lobe graft without modulation of portal flow in adult-to-adult living donor liver transplantationN Konishi
Department of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Transplant 8:170-4. 2008..Left-lobe graft LDLT is still an important treatment option for adult patients...
- Living related liver transplantation: preoperative magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of hepatic vasculature of donor candidatesF Streitparth
Department of Radiology, Charite Medical University Center, Campus Virchow Clinic, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Acta Radiol 48:20-6. 2007..To evaluate the accuracy of magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) for preoperative assessment of hepatic vascular anatomy in liver donors before living related liver transplantation...
- The influence of accessory right inferior hepatic veins on the venous drainage in right graft living donor liver transplantationArnold Radtke
Department of General Surgery and Transplantation, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Hepatogastroenterology 53:479-83. 2006..It has also a decisive impact on postoperative graft dysfunction. The accessory right inferior hepatic veins (IHVs) usually drain parts of the lateral sector of the right hemiliver graft (RHL)...
- Preoperative evaluation of hepatic arterial and portal venous anatomy using the time resolved echo-shared MR angiographic technique in living liver donorsMin Woo Lee
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University Hospital, 110 744, Seoul, South Korea
Eur Radiol 17:1074-80. 2007..TREAT-MRA can provide a complete evaluation of HA and PV anatomy during preoperative evaluation of living liver donors. Furthermore, it provides a more detailed anatomy of the HA without venous contamination...
- Efficacy of right anterior sector drainage reconstruction in right-lobe live-donor transplantationS Karademir
HPB and Liver Transplantation Study Group, Dokuz Eylul University Hospital, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Transplant Proc 38:3582-4. 2006..The efficacy and the necessity of additional venous reconstruction in the AS for graft viability and function are still controversial...
- Selective continuous vascular occlusion and perioperative fluid restriction in partial hepatectomy. Outcomes in 101 consecutive patientsS J Moug
Academic Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Alexandra Parade, Glasgow, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:1036-41. 2007..This study documents patient outcomes with one department's approach to performing partial hepatectomy...
- [Right hepatectomy using laparotomy]D Franco
Service de Chirurgie, Hôpital Antoine Béclère Clamart
J Chir (Paris) 144:39-46. 2007
- Routine intraoperative Doppler sonography in the evaluation of complications after living-related donor liver transplantationJin Young Choi
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Ultrasound 35:483-90. 2007..To determine whether quantitative and qualitative analysis of intraoperative Doppler sonography data are predictive of vascular complications after living-related donor liver transplantation...
- An artificial vascular graft is a useful interpositional material for drainage of the right anterior section in living donor liver transplantationNam Joon Yi
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Liver Transpl 13:1159-67. 2007..Therefore, an ePTFE graft may be a useful interposition material for anterior section drainage in RL transplantation without serious complications...
- Precise hepatectomy guided by the middle hepatic veinSheung Tat Fan
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:430-4. 2007..Such technique has the potential of achieving adequate tumor-free resection margin, avoiding damage to intrahepatic portal pedicles, preserving venous drainage and functional liver tissue, and less postoperative infection...
- Modified techniques for adult-to-adult living donor liver transplantationLu Nan Yan
Liver Transplantation Division, Department of Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 5:173-9. 2006..We summarized our experience in adult-to- adult LDLT with grafts of right liver lobe by a modified technique...
- Split liver transplantationH Yersiz
Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 7054, USA
Transplant Proc 38:602-3. 2006..Split liver transplantation now accounts for 10% of adult transplantations at UCLA and 40% of pediatric transplantations...
- Explanted portal vein grafts for middle hepatic vein tributaries in living-donor liver transplantationToru Ikegami
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka
Transplantation 84:836-41. 2007..The availability of a venous graft is limited in the setting of living donor liver transplantation (LDLT), and the management of the middle hepatic vein middle hepatic vein tributaries in right lobe LDLT still remains controversial...
- Impact of right lobe with middle hepatic vein graft in living-donor liver transplantationMureo Kasahara
Organ Transplant Unit, Department of Transplant Surgery, Kyoto University Hospital, Japan
Am J Transplant 5:1339-46. 2005..We adopted the right lobe with MHV graft in 40 LDLT cases. Vein graft is essential for safe MHV anastomosis in cases which preserve proximal side of the MHV...
- [Clinical value of three-dimensional dynamic contrast-enhanced MR angiography in diagnosis of angiostenosis after liver transplantation]Ling xiang Ruan
Department of Radiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 34:263-6. 2005..To evaluate the clinical application of three-dimensional dynamic contrast-enhanced MR angiography (3D DCE MRA) in diagnosis of angiostenosis after liver transplantation...
- "All-in-one" imaging protocols for the evaluation of potential living liver donors: comparison of magnetic resonance imaging and multidetector computed tomographyTobias Schroeder
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Liver Transpl 11:776-87. 2005..In conclusion, both techniques proved to be efficient to evaluate potential living liver donors' anatomy in a single diagnostic step. The main advantage of CT lies in the ability to accurately assess the biliary anatomy...
- Intrahepatic venous anastomosis formation of the right liver in living donor liver transplantation: evaluations by Doppler ultrasonography and pulse-inversion ultrasonography with LevovistTetsuya Kaneko
Department of Surgery II, Graduate School and Faculty of Medicine, University of Nagoya, Japan
Surgery 138:21-7. 2005..Our aim was to investigate the development of intrahepatic venous anastomoses between the middle hepatic vein (MHV) and the right hepatic vein (RHV) in adult-to-adult, living donor, liver transplantation...
- Preoperative MRI of potential living-donor-related liver transplantation using a single dose of gadobenate dimeglumineJoon Seok Lim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun ku Shinchondong 134, Seoul 120 752, Republic of Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:424-31. 2005....
- Caval preservation with reconstruction of the hepatic veins using caval-common iliac bifurcation graft for domino liver transplantationNicolas Jabbour
The Division of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery and Transplant Surgery, University of Southern California University Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Liver Transpl 12:324-5. 2006
- [Anatomy of the liver: what you need to know]M Lafortune
Service de Radiologie, CHUM Pavillon Saint Luc, Montreal, Canada
J Radiol 88:1020-35. 2007..However, only certain variations must be searched when a precise intervention is planned. The basic liver anatomy as well as the most relevant malformations will be precised...
- [Liver resection: Part I. Anatomy and operative planning]H Lang
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Chirurg 78:761-73; quiz 774. 2007..Operative planning and anesthesiological management are discussed...
- Usefulness of three-dimensional computed tomography in a living-donor extended right lobe liver transplantationAkishige Kanazawa
Department of Gastroenterological and Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Liver Transpl 8:1076-9. 2002....
- Right lobe living donor liver transplantation: preoperative evaluation of the donor with MR imagingA S Fulcher
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Virginia of Virginia Commonwealth University, 401 N. 12th St, Rm. 3-407B, P. O. Box 980615, Richmond, VA 23298-0615, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 176:1483-91. 2001..correctly excluded portal venous anomalies in all patients and revealed surgically confirmed accessory hepatic veins in six of 28 patients...
- MR imaging as the sole preoperative imaging modality for right hepatectomy: a prospective study of living adult-to-adult liver donor candidatesV S Lee
Department of Radiology-MRI, New York University Medical Center, 530 First Ave, New York, NY 10016, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 176:1475-82. 2001....
- Impact of multidetector CT on donor selection and surgical planning before living adult right lobe liver transplantationI R Kamel
Department of Radiology, Abdominal Imaging Section, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 176:193-200. 2001..This information had a major impact on patient selection because it was used to stratify patients. It allowed the surgeons to plan their surgical approach, and this planning may reduce postoperative complications...
- Potential living liver donors: evaluation with an all-in-one protocol with multi-detector row CTTobias Schroeder
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Radiology 224:586-91. 2002..This protocol included acquisition of three subsequent scans and allowed accurate assessment of the hepatic parenchymal morphology and volumetrics and a detailed analysis of the biliary and vascular anatomies...
- Single imaging modality evaluation of living donors in liver transplantation: magnetic resonance imagingY F Cheng
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123 Ta-Pei Road, Niao-Sung, Kaohsiung 83305, Taiwan
Transplantation 72:1527-33. 2001..and cholangiography with three-dimensional reconstruction in evaluating the anatomy of the hepatic arteries, hepatic veins, portal venous system, bile ducts, and liver size in potential liver transplant living donors...
- Modified right liver graft from a living donor to prevent congestionSung Gyu Lee
Department of General Surgery, Asan Medical Center, Ulsan University, Seoul, Korea
Transplantation 74:54-9. 2002..However, a detailed strategy for preventing such congestion or the necessity of MHV reconstruction has not been discussed in LDLT using a right lobe graft...
- Value of an early arteriographic acquisition for evaluating the splanchnic vessels as an adjunct to biphasic CT using a multislice scannerF Zandrino
Department of Radiology, Azienda Ospedaliera SS Antonio e Biagio e C Arrigo, Via Venezia 16, 15100 Alessandria, Italy
Eur Radiol 13:1072-9. 2003..This technique could add important information about vascular splanchnic anatomy which would be particularly useful for surgeons and interventional radiologists...
- Preoperative evaluation of the entire hepatic vasculature in living liver donors with use of contrast-enhanced MR angiography and true fast imaging with steady-state precessionJames C Carr
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Medical School, 251 East Huron Street, Feinberg 4 710, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:441-9. 2003..To preoperatively assess the entire hepatic vasculature in living related liver donors with use of a combination of contrast material-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) angiography and true fast imaging with steady-state precession (FISP)...
- Segmental nature of the porcine liver and its potential as a model for experimental partial hepatectomyF G Court
Department of Surgery, University of Adelaide, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Br J Surg 90:440-4. 2003..The segmental anatomy, however, remains largely unknown. This study aimed to delineate the segmental anatomy of the porcine liver in comparison with that of the human...
- Surgical anatomy of segmental liver transplantationR R Deshpande
Institute of Liver Studies, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Br J Surg 89:1078-88. 2002..This has led to increasing acceptance of these procedures and decreased morbidity and mortality rates, similar to those observed with whole liver transplantation...
- Analysis of vasculature for liver surgical planningDirk Selle
MeVis Center for Medical Diagnostic Systems and Visualization, University of Bremen, Universitätsallee 29, D 28359 Bremen, Germany
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 21:1344-57. 2002..The image analysis techniques have been evaluated in the clinical environment and have been used in more than 170 cases so far to plan interventions and transplantations...
- Worth continuing doing ex situ liver graft splitting? A single-center analysisHuda M Noujaim
Liver Unit Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Am J Transplant 3:318-23. 2003..In conclusion, good results can be achieved from splitting livers ex situ and this procedure should be considered when the in situ technique is not feasible...
- Sling suspension of the liver in donor operation: a gradual tape-repositioning techniqueNorihiro Kokudo
Department of Surgery, Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, University of Tokyo, Japan
Transplantation 76:803-7. 2003..We applied this technique in donor operations in which a hepatic parenchymal transection should be performed before dividing the feeding or draining vessels for the graft...
- Technical implications of living donor liver transplantation: a single-center experienceA Tuzuner
Department of Surgery, University of Ankara, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 36:212-3. 2004..However, there are technical challenges to be overcome such as small vessels from segmental grafts and multiple small bile ducts...
- Hepatic surgical anatomyJohn E Skandalakis
Centers for Surgical Anatomy and Technique, Emory University School of Medicine, 1462 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Surg Clin North Am 84:413-35, viii. 2004..A brief overview of the intrahepatic biliary tract is also presented...
- Anterior segment congestion of a right liver lobe graft in living-donor liver transplantation and strategy to prevent congestionSungGyu Lee
Department of General Surgery, Division of Hepato Biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Asan Medical Center, Ulsan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 10:16-25. 2003..Eventually, one patient died of sepsis, on posttransplant day 20, demonstrating progressive hepatic dysfunction...
- Anatomic variations in right liver living donorsGiovanni Varotti
Recanati Miller Transplantation Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Coll Surg 198:577-82. 2004..Anatomic knowledge is crucial in right liver living donor transplantation...
- Radiology in liver transplantationAngeles García-Criado
Ultrasound Unit, Diagnosing Imaging Center, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Villarroel, Spain
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 23:114-29. 2002..This article reviews the current application of diagnostic and interventional imaging in liver transplantation, both for cadaveric and living donor transplants...
- Noninvasive Subharmonic Aided Pressure Estimation of Portal HypertensionFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..The SHAPE gradient between the portal and hepatic veins was in good agreement with the corresponding HVPG (R = 0.82)...
- Noninvasive and Accurate Measurement of Portal HypertensionFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2010Portal hypertension is defined as an increase in the pressure gradient between the portal vein and hepatic veins or the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- FORMATION AND METABOLISM OF NITROSAMINES IN PIGSPeter Magee; Fiscal Year: 1991..Advantages of this species include its greater size, allowing cannulation of the portal and hepatic veins, and the bile duct, from which relatively large samples can be obtained in the conscious animal...
- Immunomodulation of Pancreatic Islets by Adenoviral Gen*Mark Cattral; Fiscal Year: 2003..The combination of molecular biological, immunological, adenoviral vector construction and transfection, and islet transplantation methods are in place. ..
- Pathophysiological Interpretations of Dynamic PET/CT of Molecular Liver BiologySusanne Keiding; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will lead to improved diagnosis and treatment of the large groups of patients with liver disease and cancer in the liver. ..
- Development of Glypican-3 as a biomarker for hepatocellular carcinomaSamuel So; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of ATM in Radiosensitivity of GliomasChandan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2004..IV) To investigate the combined toxicity of the virus vectors, ATM attenuation and radiation therapy in cultured endothelial cells, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, neurons and brain tissues in mice models. ..
- Preparative irradiation for hepatocyte transplantationChandan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2009..In specific aim 2B, will test whether compensatory regenerative stimuli, provided by methotrexate + HIR-induced liver necrosis, can be used as a substitute to PH. ..
- SYSTEMATIC COMBINATION OF ANATOMY AND NOMENCLATUREJonathan Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Carbohydrate Metabolism in Late PregnancyMary Moore; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary studies in the pregnant dog model in fact suggest that multiple counterregulatory mechanisms are altered by pregnancy. ..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF FORMATION OF HEPATIC METASTASESJonathan Kruskal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will allow identification of a series of in vivo steps that can be used to explore novel diagnostic and therapeutic probes in animal studies. ..
- Assessment of BBB Disruption during RT using DCE MRIYue Cao; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data from these scans will be analyzed to quantify vascular permeability, which related to dose, volume, time, and presence in tumor versus normal brain tissue. ..