Genomes and Genes
Summary: Central retinal vein and its tributaries. It runs a short course within the optic nerve and then leaves and empties into the superior ophthalmic vein or cavernous sinus.
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- Ultra wide-field angiographic characteristics of branch retinal and hemicentral retinal vein occlusionPradeep S Prasad
Retina Division, Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 7000, USA
Ophthalmology 117:780-4. 2010To study the peripheral angiographic features of branch retinal vein occlusions (BRVO) and hemicentral retinal vein occlusions (HRVO) and explore associations with macular edema and neovascularization.
- Retinal vascular caliber: systemic, environmental, and genetic associationsCong Sun
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Surv Ophthalmol 54:74-95. 2009....
- Peripheral areas of nonperfusion in treated central retinal vein occlusion as imaged by wide-field fluorescein angiographyRichard F Spaide
Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York, New York, New York, USA
Retina 31:829-37. 2011To develop a method of imaging the retina using wide-field fluorescein angiography and use this method to investigate the areas of perfusion abnormalities in patients treated with ranibizumab for central retinal vein occlusion.
- Branch retinal vein occlusion in a Japanese patient with neurofibromatosis 1F Mori
Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa-shi, Hokkaido, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 45:634-5. 2001BACKGROUND: To report an Asian patient with branch retinal vein occlusion secondary to neurofibromatosis 1. CASE: A 64-year-old woman presented with a loss of vision in her right eye of 9-month duration...
- Oxygen saturation in central retinal vein occlusionSveinn Hakon Hardarson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iceland Landspítali University Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Am J Ophthalmol 150:871-5. 2010To test whether oxygen saturation is affected in retinal blood vessels in patients with central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO).
- [The pulsation and the pressure of the central retinal vein and their relation to glaucoma damage and therapy]R Stodtmeister
Ambulante Operationen, Augenarzt, Primasens
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 225:632-6. 2008..According to recently available knowledge the pressure in the central retinal vein may be considerably higher than the intraocular pressure...
- Oxygen saturation in branch retinal vein occlusionSveinn Hakon Hardarson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iceland Landspitali The National University Hospital of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
Acta Ophthalmol 90:466-70. 2012The aim of this study was to test whether oxygen saturation in retinal blood vessels is affected by branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- A new method to measure peripheral retinal vascular caliber over an extended areaCarol Yim Lui Cheung
Singapore Eye Research Institute, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Microcirculation 17:495-503. 2010..To describe a new computer-assisted method to measure retinal vascular caliber over an extended area of the fundus...
- Effect of viagra on retinal vein diameter in AMD patientsTatyana I Metelitsina
Scheie Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania, 51 North 39th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Exp Eye Res 83:128-32. 2006..An analysis of variance (ANOVA) comparing the effects of sildenafil citrate and placebo on retinal vein diameters showed a significant interaction between time and treatment (P = 0.03)...
- Automatic retinal oximetrySveinn Hakon Hardarson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iceland, National Univbersity Hospital, Reykjavik, Iceland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:5011-6. 2006..To measure hemoglobin oxygen saturation (SO(2)) in retinal vessels and to test the reproducibility and sensitivity of an automatic spectrophotometric oximeter...
- Retinal vessel diameters and their associations with age and blood pressureTien Yin Wong
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4644-50. 2003..To describe the cross-sectional relationship between retinal arteriolar and venular diameters with age and blood pressure...
- Diabetic patients with retinopathy show increased retinal venous oxygen saturationMartin Hammer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Jena, Bachstr 18, 07740, Jena, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:1025-30. 2009..Longstanding diabetes mellitus results in a disturbed microcirculation. A new imaging oximeter was used to investigate the effect of this disturbance on retinal vessel oxygen saturation...
- Grid laser treatment for exudative retinal detachment secondary to ischemic branch retinal vein occlusionMaurizio Battaglia Parodi
Eye Clinic, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Trieste, Ospedale Maggiore, Trieste, Italy
Retina 28:97-102. 2008To evaluate the effectiveness of macular grid laser photocoagulation (MGLP) in obtaining the reabsorption of exudative retinal detachment (ERD) in patients with ischemic branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- Retinal venous oxygen saturation increases by flicker light stimulationMartin Hammer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Jena, Jena, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:274-7. 2011..Oxygen supply may be the target of the regulation of retinal blood flow. Thus, the oxygen saturation (SO(2)) in retinal arterioles and venules was investigated along with their diameters...
- Changes in retinal vessel diameter and incidence and progression of diabetic retinopathyRonald Klein
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53726 2336, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 130:749-55. 2012....
- The association between retinal vein ophthalmodynamometric force change and optic disc excavationW H Morgan
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Lions Eye Institute, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 93:594-6. 2009b>Retinal vein ophthalmodynamometric force (ODF) is predictive of future optic disc excavation in glaucoma, but it is not known if variation in ODF affects prognosis...
- Retinal oximetry using intravitreal illuminationDavid A Salyer
Optical Sciences Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Curr Eye Res 31:617-27. 2006..To demonstrate spectroscopic retinal oximetry measurements on arteries and veins in swine using intravitreal illumination. Retinal arterial and venous saturations are measured for a range of inspired O2 levels after pars plana vitrectomy...
- Natural course of experimental retinal vein occlusion in rabbit; arterial occlusion following venous photothrombosisHossein Ameri
Doheny Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:1429-39. 2008b>Retinal vein occlusion (RVO) is the second leading cause of vascular eye disease. Currently there is no definite treatment for this condition...
- The management of retinal vein occlusion: is interventional ophthalmology the way forward?H Shahid
Prince Charles Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 90:627-39. 2006b>Retinal vein occlusions (RVO) are the second commonest sight threatening vascular disorder...
- Lipemia retinalis associated with branch retinal vein occlusionParveen K Nagra
Retina Service, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 135:539-42. 2003To report a patient with a branch retinal vein occlusion associated with lipemia retinalis.
- Central retinal vein occlusion in a sickle cell trait carrier after a cycling raceMona Hedreville
Laboratory ACTES UPRES EA 3596, Department of Physiology, University of the French West Indies, Campus of Fouillole, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:14-8. 2009..The cause was massive central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) with hemorrhaging that rapidly worsened to neovascular glaucoma...
- Frequency of spontaneous pulsations of the central retinal veinBjoern Harder
Br J Ophthalmol 91:401-2. 2007
- Retinal vein occlusions: a review for the internistRossella Marcucci
Department of Medical and Surgical Critical Area, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 6:307-14. 2011b>Retinal vein occlusion (RVO) is a disease that is often associated with a variety of systemic disorders including arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia and systemic vasculitis...
- Visual acuity and multifocal electroretinographic changes after arteriovenous crossing sheathotomy for macular edema associated with branch retinal vein occlusionEun Jee Chung
The Institute of Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Sodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Retina 28:220-5. 2008To evaluate the influence of arteriovenous (AV) sheathotomy on retinal function with central multifocal electroretinography (mfERG) in eyes with macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- Validation of human whole blood oximetry, using a hyperspectral fundus camera with a model eyeDavid J Mordant
Ophthalmology Department, Gloucestershire Eye Unit, Cheltenham General Hospital, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS National Health Service Foundation Trust, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2851-9. 2011..To assess the accuracy of human blood oximetry measurements in a model eye with a hyperspectral fundus camera...
- Association of inflammatory factors with macular edema in branch retinal vein occlusionHidetaka Noma
Department of Ophthalmology, Yachiyo Medical Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:160-5. 2013To evaluate the association between vitreous fluid levels of inflammatory factors and macular edema in patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- Radial optic neurotomy for nonischemic central retinal vein occlusionSohan Singh Hayreh
Arch Ophthalmol 122:1572-3. 2004
- Comparison of surgical treatments for central retinal vein occlusion; RON vs. cannulation of tissue plasminogen activator into the retinal veinTakuhiro Yamamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Retina 29:1167-74. 2009To compare the surgical outcomes and evaluate the effectiveness of two treatments for central retinal vein occlusion: radial optic neurotomy (RON) and cannulation of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) into the retinal vein (tPA).
- Natural history of branch retinal vein occlusion: an evidence-based systematic reviewSophie L Rogers
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Ophthalmology 117:1094-1101.e5. 2010To describe the natural history of branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) based on the best available evidence from the literature.
- In vitro noncontact intravascular femtosecond laser surgery in models of branch retinal vein occlusionSergey Toropygin
Department of Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, University of Saarland, Homburg, Germany
Curr Eye Res 33:277-83. 2008To investigate intravenous femtosecond laser surgery in models of branch retinal vein occlusion.
- Are retinal arteriolar or venular diameters associated with markers for cardiovascular disorders? The Rotterdam StudyM Kamran Ikram
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:2129-34. 2004..Thus, associations between retinal arteriolar and venular diameters, and the AVR on the one hand and blood pressure, atherosclerosis, inflammation markers, and cholesterol levels on the other were examined in the Rotterdam Study...
- The congenital unilateral retinocephalic vascular malformation syndrome (bonnet-dechaume-blanc syndrome or wyburn-mason syndrome): review of the literatureDieter Schmidt
Department of Ophthalmology, University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Surv Ophthalmol 53:227-49. 2008..Current therapeutic strategies include endovascular, surgical, and radiation procedures...
- Retinal vascular caliber and risk of retinopathy in young patients with type 1 diabetesEkaterina Alibrahim
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Ophthalmology 113:1499-503. 2006..To examine the relationship between retinal vascular caliber and incident retinopathy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus...
- Quantitative assessment of early diabetic retinopathy using fractal analysisNing Cheung
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes Care 32:106-10. 2009..In this study, we examined the relationship between retinal fractal dimension and retinopathy in young individuals with type 1 diabetes...
- Arteriovenous sheathotomy for branch retinal vein occlusionMark T Cahill
Duke University Eye Center, PO Box 3802, Erwin Road, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Ophthalmol Clin North Am 15:417-23. 2002..A prospective, controlled, clinical trial is being organized to determine the role of AV sheathotomy in the treatment of BVO...
- Natural history of central retinal vein occlusion: an evidence-based systematic reviewRachel L McIntosh
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Ophthalmology 117:1113-1123.e15. 2010To describe the natural history of central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) based on the best available evidence from the literature.
- Long-term effects of radial optic neurotomy for central retinal vein occlusion consecutive interventional case seriesSusanne Binder
Department of Ophthalmology, The Ludwig Boltzmann Institut for Retinology and Biomicroscopic Laser Surgery, Rudolf Foundation Clinic, Vienna, Austria
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:1447-52. 2007..the long-term (minimum 24 months follow-up) clinical results of radial optic neurotomy (RON) following a pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) with internal limiting membrane peeling as treatment for central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO).
- Injection of tissue plasminogen activator into a branch retinal vein in eyes with central retinal vein occlusionJ N Weiss
Retina Associates of South Florida, 5800 Colonial Drive, Suite 300, Margate, FL 33063, USA
Ophthalmology 108:2249-57. 2001Central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) often produces significant and permanent loss of vision in the affected eye...
- Laser induced chorioretinal venous anastomosis in ischaemic central retinal vein occlusionA K H Kwok
Br J Ophthalmol 87:1043-4. 2003
- Retinal vessel caliber and microvascular and macrovascular disease in type 2 diabetes: XXI: the Wisconsin Epidemiologic Study of Diabetic RetinopathyRonald Klein
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53726 2336, USA
Ophthalmology 114:1884-92. 2007..To describe the relationship of retinal arteriolar and venular calibers to the long-term incidence of microvascular and macrovascular complications in people with type 2 diabetes...
- Management of central retinal vein occlusionSohan Singh Hayreh
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Ophthalmologica 217:167-88. 2003The management of central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) is discussed briefly...
- Relative importance of systemic determinants of retinal arteriolar and venular caliber: the atherosclerosis risk in communities studyGerald Liew
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, East Melbourne 3002, Australia
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1404-10. 2008..To examine the relative contributions of systemic cardiovascular factors to retinal arteriolar and venular caliber in men and women and in whites and African Americans...
- Reduced response of retinal vessel diameters to flicker stimulation in patients with diabetesG Garhofer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 88:887-91. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether this response is altered in patients with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus...
- Genome-wide linkage study of retinal vessel diameters in the Beaver Dam Eye StudyChao Xing
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Hypertension 47:797-802. 2006..conducted a genome-wide linkage scan on retinal vessel diameters (central retinal artery equivalent and central retinal vein equivalent) using data from the Beaver Dam Eye Study...
- Transvitreal limited arteriovenous-crossing manipulation without vitrectomy for complicated branch retinal vein occlusion using 25-gauge instrumentationRohit R Lakhanpal
Microsurgery Advanced Design Laboratory, Doheny Retina Institute, Doheny Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Retina 25:272-80. 2005..transvitreal limited arteriovenous-crossing manipulation without vitrectomy (LAM), for the treatment of branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) complicated by macular hemorrhage and/or macular edema recalcitrant to grid laser ..
- Long-term outcomes of vitrectomy with or without arteriovenous sheathotomy in branch retinal vein occlusionKazuyuki Kumagai
Shinjo Ophthalmologic Institute, Miyazaki, Japan
Retina 27:49-54. 2007To evaluate the long-term effect of vitrectomy with or without arteriovenous sheathotomy for macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- Vitrectomy with or without arteriovenous adventitial sheathotomy for macular edema associated with branch retinal vein occlusionShuichi Yamamoto
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba
Am J Ophthalmol 138:907-14. 2004compare the results of vitrectomy with or without arteriovenous (AV) crossing sheathotomy for macular edema associated with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- Quantitative retinal venular caliber and risk of cardiovascular disease in older persons: the cardiovascular health studyTien Yin Wong
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Arch Intern Med 166:2388-94. 2006..Small vessel disease may contribute to the risk of cardiovascular disease in older persons. We describe the relation of retinal vascular caliber to incident coronary heart disease (CHD) and stroke in elderly persons...
- Retinal endovascular surgery for central retinal vein occlusion: initial experience of four surgeonsLeon A Bynoe
Retina Associates of Coral Springs, Coral Springs, Florida 33071, USA
Retina 25:625-32. 2005The rate and magnitude of spontaneous visual recovery are very poor in central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO)...
- Effect of arteriovenous sheathotomy on retinal blood flow and macular edema in patients with branch retinal vein occlusionNaoichi Horio
Department of Ophthalmology, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 139:739-40. 2005To determine the effect of arteriovenous sheathotomy on retinal blood flow (RBF) in eyes with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- Heritability of retinal vessel diameters and blood pressure: a twin studyNina C B B Taarnhøj
Department of Ophthalmology, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3539-44. 2006..To assess the relative influence of genetic and environmental effects on retinal vessel diameters and blood pressure in healthy adults, as well as the possible genetic connection between these two characteristics...
- Retinal vein occlusions in patients taking warfarinDavid J Browning
Charlotte Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Associates, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Ophthalmology 111:1196-200. 2004To describe development of retinal vein occlusion (RVO) in patients anticoagulated with warfarin.
- Evaluation of arteriovenous crossing sheathotomy for branch retinal vein occlusion by fluorescein videoangiography and image analysisHidetaka Yamaji
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 137:834-41. 2004We quantitatively evaluated the effects of arteriovenous (A/V) crossing sheathotomy on retinal circulation in patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) accompanied by macular edema.
- Vitrectomy with arteriovenous decompression and internal limiting membrane dissection in branch retinal vein occlusionUlrich Mester
Department of Ophthalmology, Bundesknappschaft s Hospital, An der Klinik 10, 66280 Sulzbach, Germany
Retina 22:740-6. 2002The therapeutic armamentarium for functional improvement after branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) is limited with uncertain efficacy. Some surgeons have proposed surgical decompression of the vein at the arteriovenous (AV) crossing.
- Visual prognosis and vitreous cytokine levels after arteriovenous sheathotomy in branch retinal vein occlusion associated with macular oedemaMasahiko Shimura
Department of Ophthalmology, NTT East Japan Tohoku Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Acta Ophthalmol 86:377-84. 2008..IL-6) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and visual prognosis after pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) with arteriovenous sheathotomy in patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) associated with macular oedema.
- Radial optic neurotomy as treatment for central retinal vein occlusionJennifer S Weizer
Duke University Eye Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:814-9. 2003To review our initial experience with radial optic neurotomy as treatment for retinal vein occlusion.
- Flicker light-induced vasodilatation in the human retina: effect of lactate and changes in mean arterial pressureGerhard Garhofer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Medical Physics, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:5309-14. 2003..In the current study, the effect of increased plasma lactate levels on flicker-induced vasodilatation in the retina was investigated in three independent studies in healthy humans...
- Management of branch retinal vein occlusion with vitrectomy and arteriovenous adventitial sheathotomy, the possible role of surgical posterior vitreous detachmentJérôme Charbonnel
Clinique Ophtalmologique Universitaire de Creteil, Hôpital Intercommunal et Hôpital Henri Mondor Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris, Universite Paris XII, 40 avenue de Verdun, 94 000 Creteil, France
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 242:223-8. 2004To analyze the results of vitrectomy and adventitial sheathotomy in the management of branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO). This is a nonrandomized interventional case series.
- Retinal periphlebitis resembling frosted branch angiitis with nonperfused central retinal vein occlusionA M Abu El-Asrar
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:807-12. 2003To report the unusual association between severe retinal periphlebitis resembling frosted branch angiitis and nonperfused central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO).
- Formation of retinochoroidal collaterals in central retinal vein occlusionK Takahashi
Department of Ophthalmology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 126:91-9. 1998To demonstrate the drainage routes that compensate the venous congestion in central retinal vein occlusion.
- Diffuse luminance flicker increases blood flow in major retinal arteries and veinsG Garhofer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Vienna General Hospital, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna A 1090, Austria
Vision Res 44:833-8. 2004..01) in arteries and by +53 +/- 25% (p<0.01) in retinal veins. These results demonstrate that diffuse luminance flicker increases retinal blood flow in the human retina...
- Decreased retinal vein diameter after intravitreal triamcinolone for retinal vein occlusionsJost B Jonas
Universitats Augenklinik, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1711-2. 2007
- Branch retinal vein occlusion treated by intravitreal triamcinolone acetonideJ B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, Faculty for Clinical Medicine, Mannheim Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Eye (Lond) 19:65-71. 2005To evaluate the effect of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide on visual acuity in branch retinal vein occlusion.
- Long-term study of vascular perfusion effects following arteriovenous sheathotomy for branch retinal vein occlusionMahiul M K Muqit
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, UK
Acta Ophthalmol 88:e57-65. 2010To evaluate the perfusion effects and long-term visual outcome of pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) combined with arteriovenous sheathotomy (AVS) with or without triamcinolone for nonischaemic branch retinal vein occlusion (NI-BRVO).
- The relation of retinal vessel caliber to the incidence and progression of diabetic retinopathy: XIX: the Wisconsin Epidemiologic Study of Diabetic RetinopathyRonald Klein
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53726, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 122:76-83. 2004..To describe the relation of retinal arteriolar and venular caliber to the incidence and progression of diabetic retinopathy in people with type 1 diabetes mellitus...
- Ethnic variability in retinal vessel caliber: a potential source of measurement error from ocular pigmentation?--the Sydney Childhood Eye StudyElena Rochtchina
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1362-6. 2008..To describe the effects of ethnicity and iris color on measurement of retinal vascular caliber...
- Response of retinal vessel diameters to flicker stimulation in patients with early open angle glaucomaG Garhofer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Vienna, Austria
J Glaucoma 13:340-4. 2004..The current study seeks to clarify whether flicker-induced vasodilatation of retinal vessels is diminished in glaucoma patients...
- Chorioretinal anastomosis after radial optic neurotomy for central retinal vein occlusionJosée García-Arumíi
Vall d Hebron Hospital, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, and the Instituto de Microcirugía Ocular, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Ophthalmol 121:1385-91. 2003To evaluate the incidence of chorioretinal anastomosis after radial optic neurotomy and to determine its effect on visual acuity and foveal thickness in patients with central retinal vein occlusion.
- Distribution and associations of retinal vascular caliber with ethnicity, gender, and birth parameters in young childrenNing Cheung
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1018-24. 2007..To describe the distribution of retinal vascular calibers and their associations with ethnicity, gender, and birth parameters in children...
- Angiographic findings in arteriovenous dissection (sheathotomy) for decompression of branch retinal vein occlusionThomas Kube
Sektion Retinologie, Augenklinik, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Killianstr 5, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 243:334-8. 2005Arteriovenous dissection (sheathotomy) is a new therapeutic option in patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) and macular involvement...
- [Retinal vein occlusions: diseases for the internist?]D Prisco
Centro di Riferimento Regionale per la Trombosi, Universita degli Studi, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi di Firenze
Ann Ital Med Int 15:75-84. 2000b>Retinal vein occlusion is a relatively common disease, usually associated with the presence of diseases related to internal medicine. Central retinal vein occlusion is the most frequently-occurring and clinically relevant type...
- Laser-induced chorioretinal venous anastomosis for nonischemic central retinal vein occlusion: evaluation of the complications and their risk factorsI L McAllister
Lions Eye Institute, Nedlands, Western Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 126:219-29. 1998To evaluate the complications of laser-induced chorioretinal venous anastomosis in nonischemic central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) and to identify the associated risks.
- Retinal endovascular lysisJeffrey N Weiss
Ophthalmology 115:216-7; author reply 218. 2008
- Prolonged retinal arteriovenous passage time is correlated to ocular perfusion pressure in normal tension glaucomaNiklas Plange
Department of Ophthalmology, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52057, Aachen, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:1147-52. 2008..The purpose of the study is to evaluate retinal haemodynamics by fluorescein angiography and to correlate arteriovenous passage times (AVP) with ocular perfusion pressure in patients with NTG and controls...
- Long-term visual outcome of arteriovenous adventitial sheathotomy on branch retinal vein occlusion induced macular edemaIn Kyung Oh
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 22:1-5. 2008..To evaluate long-term visual outcome of arteriovenous adventitial sheathotomy in BRVO-induced macular edema...
- [Use of thrombolytic agents during invasive treatments for retinal vascular occlusions]V V Sosnovskiĭ
Vestn Oftalmol 123:51-4. 2007
- Radial optic neurotomy for the management of hemicentral retinal vein occlusion: long-term follow-up studyHirokazu Sakaguchi
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Retina 26:555-61. 2006To assess the efficacy of radial optic neurotomy (RON) for hemicentral retinal vein occlusion (hemi-CRVO) in patients with follow-up of >12 months.
- Confocal scanning laser Doppler flowmetry in the rat retina: origin of flow signals and dependence on scan depthBalwantray C Chauhan
Retina and Optic Nerve Research Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Arch Ophthalmol 124:397-402. 2006..To investigate the origin of signals from scanning laser Doppler flowmetry (SLDF) and the influence of axial scan depth on the measurement of blood flow in the rat retina...
- Anatomic pattern of arteriovenous crossings in branch retinal vein occlusionSadaf Hamid
Department of Anatomy, Ziauddin University, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 58:233-6. 2008..the two vessels at the site of venous obstruction, as it facilitates Arteriovenous adventitial sheathotomy and to look for the associated diseases with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) so as to create more awareness among the masses.
- Induction of retinochoroidal venous anastomosis in central retinal vein occlusion with macular edema via a full-thickness retinochoroidal incisionJae Hoon Kang
Department of Ophthalmology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Retina 28:477-84. 2008To report the induction of retinochoroidal venous anastomosis (RCVA) in the treatment of nonischemic central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) with macular edema via a full-thickness retinochoroidal incision.
- Correlation between higher blood flow velocity in the central retinal vein than in the central retinal artery and severity of nonproliferative diabetic retinopathySayuri Fujioka
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 50:312-7. 2006To assess the correlation between a higher blood flow velocity in the central retinal vein (CRV) than in the central retinal artery (CRA) and the severity of nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (non-PDR).
- Visual acuity in central and branch vein retinal occlusion in the presence of macular edema: 1 year of follow-upSanti Maria Recupero
Department of Ophthalmology II University of Rome La Sapienza Sant Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:107-10. 2006One year after laser treatment of 117 eyes with central or branch retinal vein occlusion in the presence of macular edema, visual acuity was equally improved in the central retinal vein occlusion laser-treated and branch retinal vein ..
- Morphometric age-related evaluation of small retinal vessels by scanning laser Doppler flowmetry: determination of a vessel wall indexGeorg Michelson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Retina 27:490-8. 2007..Measurement of the retinal vessel wall thickness may contribute to the diagnosis of microvascular diseases. We present a methodical approach to calculate these alterations and to determine age-related differences...
- Periocular triamcinolone acetonide as treatment for macular edema secondary to branch vein occlusion associated with retinal arteriovenous malformationThomas Federici
Retina Associates, New Orleans, LA, USA
Retina 26:1079-80. 2006
- Retinal endovascular lysis in ischemic central retinal vein occlusion: one-year results of a pilot studyNicolas Feltgen
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Ophthalmology 114:716-23. 2007Retinal endovascular lysis is a new therapeutic option for patients with central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). In this procedure, a fibrinolytic agent is injected directly into a cannulated retinal vein after pars plana vitrectomy.
- Bilateral combined cilioretinal artery and central retinal vein occlusionGul Arikan
Department of Ophthalmology, Dokuz Eylul University, School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:135-7. 2006A rare case with bilateral combined cilioretinal artery and central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) is reported in a 45-year-old man. Work-up was positive only for already-present type 2 diabetes...
- A "throttle" mechanism in the central retinal vein in the region of the lamina cribrosaTom H Williamson
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7NH, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1190-3. 2007To demonstrate a constriction in the central retinal vein in the region of the lamina cribrosa.
- Arteriovenous adventitial sheathotomy for branch retinal vein occlusion: report of a case with longterm follow-upAnders Wrigstad
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 84:699-702. 2006To report the longterm follow-up of a case of branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) treated with vitrectomy and adventitial sheathotomy.
- Functional and anatomical investigations in racemose haemangiomaCarsten H Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:764-71. 2007..To determine the vascular morphology of racemose haemangioma and related functional alterations in arteriovenous (AV) malformation type 3...
- Short-term retinal vessel diameter variability in relation to the history of cold extremitiesAsan Kochkorov
University Eye Clinic, Basel, Switzerland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:4026-33. 2006..To test whether the regularity and short-term changes of retinal vessel diameter are related to the history of cold hands and feet and to nailfold circulatory response to cooling...
- On pulse-wave propagation in the ocular circulationKonstantin Gugleta
University Eye Clinic, Basel, Switzerland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:4019-25. 2006....
- Optimized architecture for nutrition in the avascular retina of MegachiropteraD K Brudenall
Animal Eye Services, Macgregor, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Anat Histol Embryol 36:382-8. 2007..We suggest that this vascular system provides nutrition by diffusion to a thick avascular retina, without any shadowing by vessels, and allows for nocturnal visual acuity and light-gathering capabilities...
- The retinal arteriole to venule ratio: informative or deceptive?Ning Cheung
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:1245-6; author reply 1247-8. 2007
- [Isolated and combined occlusion of the cilioretinal artery and the central retinal vein]T Streicher
Cesk Slov Oftalmol 57:9-16. 2001..and final outcome of the isolated cilioretinal artery occlusion and combined cilioretinal artery--central retinal vein occlusion...
- What is the role of vitrectomy for macular edema from branch retinal vein occlusion?John T Thompson
Am J Ophthalmol 138:1037-8. 2004
- Diagnostic and therapeutic challengesJavier A Montero
Retina 24:445-9. 2004
- Effect of intravenous administration of sodium-lactate on retinal blood flow in healthy subjectsGerhard Garhofer
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Vienna, Austria
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:3972-6. 2003..The present study was designed to investigate the effect of intravenously administered sodium lactate on ocular blood flow...
- [The management for macular edema]Teiko Yamamoto
Nihon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 108:137-8. 2004
- Comparative study of vitrectomy with and without vein decompression for branch retinal vein occlusion: a pilot studyM S Figueroa
Department of Ophthalmology, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Ophthalmol 14:40-7. 2004To report the clinical outcomes in patients undergoing pars plana vitrectomy with and without vein decompression for treatment of branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO).
- Optic disk manifestation in diabetic eyes with low serum albumin: late fluorescein staining and high blood flow velocities in the optic diskSayuri Fujioka
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 48:59-64. 2004..To evaluate ocular findings and blood flow characteristics in diabetes mellitus (DM) patients with low serum albumin (ALB)...
- Preliminary clinical observation of arteriovenous sheathotomy for treatment of branch retinal vein occlusionLin Lu
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Yan Ke Xue Bao 19:33-8. 2003To document the anatomic and functional improvement of six patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) following successful arteriovenous adventitial sheathotomy (AAS).
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Title: A Pilot Study for the Evaluation of Minocycline as a Microglia Inhibitor in the Treatment of Central Retinal Vein Occlusions Number: 11-EI-0264 Background: - Central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) is a blockage of the main ..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Title: A Pilot Study for the Evaluation of Minocycline as a Microglia Inhibitor in the Treatment of Central Retinal Vein Occlusions Number: 11-EI-0264 Background: - Central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) is a blockage of the main ..
- Cyr61/CCN1-Induced Angiogenesis and Vasculogenesis in the RetinaBrahim Chaqour; Fiscal Year: 2010..of a variety of ocular diseases including diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, central retinal vein occlusion, and retinopathy of permaturity...
- Prevention of Retinal Degeneration by Crystallins in Experimental UveitisNarsing A Rao; Fiscal Year: 2011..oxidative damage has been implicated in various blinding diseases, including age-related macular degeneration, retinal vein occlusion, and glaucoma...
- Characterization of Exudative Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Retinopathy UsingScott E Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein occlusions, and choroidal neovascularization associated with age-related macular degeneration (AMD))...
- Ocular RTEF-1 Isoforms and Control of VEGF Expression: Implications for TherapyJohn T Stout; Fiscal Year: 2013..levels of specific isoforms are elevated under the same conditions within the retina of animal model of OIR and retinal vein occlusion (RVO)...
- A Novel Treatment for Retinal IschemiaMark S Humayun; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Diabetic retinopathy (DR) and retinal vein occlusions (RVO) are major causes of low vision and blindness...
- Epidemiology of Age-related Macular Degeneration and Other Retinal DiseasesRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., retinal vein occlusion;diabetic retinopathy) through cumulative 20 year incidence, regression, progression, age-period-..
- SCORE2 Comparative Trial (SCT)Ingrid U Scott; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 clinical trial to compare treatment protocols for decreased vision due to macular edema secondary to central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) based on results of recent randomized trials...
- Potential target molecules for ischemic retinopathiesGERARD ANTHONY LUTTY; Fiscal Year: 2011..the adverse effects of ischemic retinopathies such as DR, retinopathy of prematurity, and branch and central retinal vein occlusions, but PIGF and TNFa have been shown to potentiate the angiogenic and vasopermeability activities of ..
- A Microsurgical Assistant SystemRussell H Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2012..focus for our research: pathology of the retinal surface, pathology of the internal limiting membrane, and retinal vein occlusion...
- New Treatments of Ocular Neovascularization and Macular EdemaPeter A Campochiaro; Fiscal Year: 2013..diseases, which include neovascular age-related macular degeneration (NVAMD), diabetic retinopathy (DR), and retinal vein occlusions (RVO), are by far the most prevalent causes of moderate and severe vision loss in the US...
- SCORE2 Comparative Trial (SCT)Paul C Van Veldhuisen; Fiscal Year: 2013This comparative effectiveness research proposal (Studies of Comparative Treatments for REtinal Vein Occlusion 2 [SC0RE2] Study) aims to support alternative treatment protocols for decreased vision due to macular edema secondary to ..
- SCORE2 Comparative Trial (SCT)Barbara A Blodi; Fiscal Year: 2013The Studies of Comparative Treatments for REtinal Vein Occlusion 2 (SCORE2) is a phase III trial to study patients with central retinal vein occlusion...
- An Active Handheld MicromanipulatorCameron N Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2013..new tremor compensation filter used within Micron, and validate its improved performance with human users in retinal vein cannulation in vitro in porcine cadaver eyes and in ovo in a chick chorioallantoic membrane (CAM) model, and in ..
- VISUAL FUNCTION IN RETINAL ISCHEMIAMary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1992A critical issue in managing patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BVO), central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO), diabetic retinopathy or other types of ischemic retinopathy is the identification of those patients who will go on to ..
- CAN CD 133 CELLS PREVENT HYPOXIA DRIVEN RETINAL NEOVASCULARISATION IN A RODENT MOBela Anand Apte; Fiscal Year: 2007..retinopathies such as diabetic retinopathy, retinopathy of prematurity, central vein occlusion and branch retinal vein occlusion...
- Visibly Caged Bio-active Molecules and PDTPaul Jones; Fiscal Year: 2004..a clot busting enzyme that could be photoactivated could form the basis of an effective treatment for Central Retinal Vein Occlusion, which currently has no treatment...
- Image Guidance for Active Handheld Microsurgical ToolsCameron Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2007..This device will be tested in vivo on chick chorioallantoic membrane to determine its efficacy in retinal vein cannulation. The three specific aims of this proposal are: 1...
- Supplemental Oxygen for Hypoxia-Related Retinal DeseasesQuan Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2005..NV) in patients with ischemic retinopathies, including diabetic retinopathy and central and branch retinal vein occlusions...
- CENTRAL VEIN OCCLUSION STUDY, PARTICIPATING CENTERFRONCIE GUTMAN; Fiscal Year: 1993..study will be a national collaborative randomized clinical trial of photocoagulation treatment for central retinal vein occlusion...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF THE BLOOD-OCULAR BARRIERRichard Brubaker; Fiscal Year: 1999..of clinical disorders including cystic fibrosis, diabetes insipidus, glaucoma, diabetes mellitus, central retinal vein occlusion, and uveitis will be made to characterize the characteristics and responsiveness of the aqueous ..
- STUDIES OF NORMAL AND PATHOLOGICAL RETINAL PO2JOHN WEITER; Fiscal Year: 1980..A model of retinal hypoxia will be produced in these animals by photocoagulating a branch retinal vein. Attempts will be made to regulate the oxygen supply to the areas of hypoxia...
- WISCONSIN EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Novel Risk Factors for Chronic Kidney DiseaseRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2008..The new data may provide insights into the relative protective value of low levels of these markers on the incidence CKD in an aging population. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RETINAL ARTERIOLAR ABNORMALITIES AND CV MORTALITYRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data from this study will improve the understanding of the association between microvascular characteristics and cardiovascular mortality. ..
- Retinal Microvascular Characteristics/Vascular DisordersRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis-Eye StudyRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005..insights into the relative contribution of microvascular disease to the pathophysiology and natural history of subclinical and clinical cardiovascular disease, in representative populations of men and women of diverse ethnicities ..
- Microvascular - Macrovascular Disease in Type 2 DiabetesRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Retinal Microvascular Signs and CVD in Older PersonsTien Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..This may ultimately lead to improved identification, and preventive and therapeutic strategies for the most common causes of morbidity, disability and mortality affecting elderly people in the United States. ..
- Family Clustering of Incidence & Progression of CataractBarbara Klein; Fiscal Year: 2003..We currently have no funds to support the proposed analyses. We believe this project offers the possibility of examining important hypotheses in a large group of families in a population-based framework. ..
- Mechanism of mutant TIMP-3 induced neovascularizationMichael Tolentino; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific aim 3: To develop and test gene vectors expressing inhibitors of angiogenesis (angiostatin, endostatin, PEDF) and test their ability to inhibit subretinal neovascularization in the mutant transgenic mouse. ..
- COLLABORATIVE INITIAL GLAUCOMA TREATMENT STUDYRohit Varma; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Objective Diagnosis & Quantification of Retinal DiseaseSriniVas Sadda; Fiscal Year: 2007..This technology will be of great value in future clinical and pre-clinical studies, and in everyday clinical practice. ..
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- Angiogenesis:Novel Basic Science Insight & Human TherapyNapoleone Ferrara; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Linkage Studies of Quantitative Ocular TraitsBarbara Klein; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subsequent follow-up with fine mapping of areas of interest in the genome is planned. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility for Development of Proliferative Diabetic RetinopathyKang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Retinal Vascular Changes in Type 1 Diabetic African-AmericansMonique Roy; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROGRESSION OF NUCLEAR DENSITY OVER A 10-YEAR INTERVALBarbara Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- RISK FACTORS FOR DIABETIC RETINOPATHY IN BLACK AMERICANSMonique Roy; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..