Genomes and Genes
Summary: Either of two large arteries originating from the abdominal aorta; they supply blood to the pelvis, abdominal wall and legs.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications254 found, 100 shown here
- External iliac and common iliac artery angioplasty and stenting in men and womenC H Timaran
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery and Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville 37920-6999, USA
J Vasc Surg 34:440-6. 2001OBJECTIVE: The effect of anatomic location of stent placement on the outcome of iliac artery angioplasty and stenting is not defined...
- Development of the abdominal aorta and iliac arteries during the fetal period: a morphometric studyGulnur Ozguner
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, 32260 Isparta, Turkey
Surg Radiol Anat 33:35-43. 2011..This study aimed to determine the location and morphometric development of the fetal abdominal aorta and the iliac arteries...
- Role of computed tomographic angiography in the detection and comprehensive evaluation of persistent sciatic arteryAh Young Jung
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Republic of Korea
J Vasc Surg 42:678-83. 2005..To define the role of computed tomographic (CT) angiography in the evaluation of persistent sciatic artery and to identify its potential advantages as a diagnostic modality...
- Normative growth data for the external diameters of the external and internal iliac arteries in human fetuses--an anatomical, digital and statistical studyMichał Szpinda
Department of Anatomy, Ludwik Rydygier Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Bydgoszcz, Poland
Adv Clin Exp Med 21:143-50. 2012..Normative data on the diameters of the aorto-iliac segment are extremely useful in the diagnosis and monitoring of prenatal arterial variants and pathologies...
- Percutaneous treatment in iliac artery occlusion: long-term resultsRoberto Gandini
Departments of Diagnostic Imaging, Interventional Radiology, Molecular Imaging, and Radiotherapy, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:1069-76. 2008We evaluated the long-term results of recanalization with primary stenting for patients with long and complex iliac artery occlusions. This was a retrospective nonrandomised study...
- Primary iliac stenting versus transluminal angioplasty with selective stentingAli F Aburahma
Department of Surgery, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University, Charleston, WV 25304, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:965-970. 2007..The preferential use of primary iliac stenting vs selective stenting is controversial. This study compares the early and late clinical outcomes of primary vs selective iliac stenting at our institution...
- Endovascular treatment of iliac occlusive disease: review and updateAlbeir Y Mousa
Division of Vascular Surgery, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, One Brookdale Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11212, USA
Vascular 15:5-11. 2007..This review outlines the current consensus and applicability of endovascular management of iliac occlusive diseases...
- Iliac artery stenting combined with open femoral endarterectomy is as effective as open surgical reconstruction for severe iliac and common femoral occlusive diseaseMichele Piazza
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Vasc Surg 54:402-11. 2011To compare outcomes of hybrid repair (HR) combining iliac artery stenting and open common femoral endarterectomy (CFE) with open aortoiliac and femoral reconstruction (OR) in patients with extensive iliac and common femoral occlusive ..
- Compression of the inferior vena cava by the right iliac artery: a rare variant of May-Thurner syndromeV Fretz
Department of Radiology, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Brauerstrasse 15, 8401, Winterthur, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:1060-3. 2010May-Thurner syndrome is known as compression of the left common iliac vein by the right common iliac artery. We describe a case of an atypical compression of the inferior vena cava by the right common iliac artery secondary to a high ..
- External iliac artery pseudoaneurysm complicating renal transplantationUmberto M Bracale
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 8:654-60. 2009..To assess the etiology, management and outcome of iliac pseudoaneurysms following renal transplantation...
- Acute and long-term outcome of endovascular therapy for aortoiliac occlusive lesions stratified according to the TASC classification: a single-center experienceSebastian Sixt
Department of Angiology, Heart Centre Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 15:408-16. 2008..To compare acute and long-term outcomes of endovascular therapy for TASC (TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus) A and B lesions versus TASC C and D lesions...
- Perioperative endovascular internal iliac artery occlusion balloon placement in management of placenta accretaCher Heng Tan
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:1158-63. 2007....
- Evaluation of short-term and long-term complications after emergent internal iliac artery embolization in patients with pelvic traumaTalitha Travis
University of California Davis Medical School, University of California Davis Medical Center, 4860 Y Street, Suite 3100, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:840-7. 2008To assess the incidence of long- and short-term complications following internal iliac artery (IIA) embolization after blunt pelvic trauma.
- The management of severe aortoiliac occlusive disease: endovascular therapy rivals open reconstructionVikram S Kashyap
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:1451-7, 1457.e1-3. 2008..This retrospective study compared the outcomes and durability of recanalization, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, and stenting (R/PTAS) vs ABF for severe AIOD...
- Ascorbic acid and tetrahydrobiopterin potentiate the EDHF phenomenon by generating hydrogen peroxideAmbroise Garry
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Wales Heart Research Institute, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
Cardiovasc Res 84:218-26. 2009..Our objective was to investigate whether pro-oxidant properties of ascorbic acid (AA) and tetrahydrobiopterin (BH(4)) modulate endothelium-dependent, electrotonically mediated arterial relaxation...
- Evaluation of polymer-based comparator drug-eluting stents using a rabbit model of iliac artery atherosclerosisGaku Nakazawa
CVPath Institute Inc, 19 Firstfield Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 4:38-46. 2011..Although atherosclerotic models, especially in the rabbit, have existed for a long time, a comparative study of various drug-eluting stent (DES) implantations in atherosclerotic arteries have not been systematically studied...
- Activation of nuclear factor-kappa B significantly contributes to lumen loss in a rabbit iliac artery balloon angioplasty modelJ M Breuss
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, University of Vienna, Austria
Circulation 105:633-8. 2002....
- Descending aortic Doppler flow pattern in patients with proximal peripheral artery diseaseGrzegorz Styczynski
Department of Internal Medicine, Hypertension, and Angiology, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Am J Cardiol 103:1774-6. 2009..1%) patients with occlusion or significant stenosis distal to the external iliac artery, and 0 patient from the control group...
- Practical use of duplex echo-guided recanalization of chronic total occlusion in the iliac arteryOsami Kawarada
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kishiwada Tokushukai Hospital, Kishiwada City, Osaka, Japan
J Vasc Surg 52:475-8. 2010..Here, we describe the practical use of duplex echo-guidance during the procedural course of iliac CTO recanalization...
- Percutaneous interventional reconstruction of the iliac arteries: primary and long-term success rate in selected TASC C and D lesionsJörn O Balzer
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Clinic, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:124-31. 2006..5%. The patency rates were similar in our selected TASC C and D patients to those so far published for TASC A and B, with low complication rates. Therefore, percutaneous intervention can be recommended for these patients...
- Percutaneous angioplasty of the superior gluteal artery for buttock claudication: a report of seven cases and literature reviewMichel Batt
Department of Vascular Surgery, Hopital Saint Roch, Nice, France
J Vasc Surg 43:987-91. 2006....
- Stent-supported recanalization of chronic iliac artery occlusionsD Scheinert
Department of Medicine II, , Erlangen, Germany
Am J Med 110:708-15. 2001PURPOSE: Iliac artery occlusions that are more than a few centimeters in length are normally treated with surgical bypass grafting...
- Infected femoral artery pseudoaneurysm in drug addicts: the beneficial use of the internal iliac artery for arterial reconstructionChris Klonaris
First Department of Surgery, Vascular Division, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
J Vasc Surg 45:498-504. 2007..In this study, we present our experience with the internal iliac artery (IIA) as a graft for arterial reconstruction after IFAP excision in these patients.
- Inferior epigastric artery arising from the obturator artery as a terminal branch of the internal iliac artery and consideration of its rare occurrenceKatsushi Kawai
Department of Anatomy, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Ann Anat 190:541-8. 2008..Three very rare inferior epigastric arteries were found to arise from the obturator artery leaving the internal iliac artery. The intimate relationship between these arteries has been documented by the obturator artery arising from the ..
- Persistent sciatic artery: an uncommon cause of intermittent claudicationD Kritsch
Department of Angiology, Hanusch Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Int Angiol 25:327-9. 2006..This case shows that conservative therapy may be effective. However, it has to be emphasised that this approach requires frequent clinical and duplex sonography follow-up every 3 to 6 months with oral anticoagulation...
- Screening for aortoiliac lesions by visual interpretation of the common femoral Doppler waveformJ P Eiberg
Department of Vascular Surgery, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 22:331-6. 2001..The method is well tolerated, easy to perform and requires no additional equipment...
- Abdominal aortic Doppler waveform in patients with aorto-iliac diseaseG Styczynski
Department of Internal Medicine, Hypertension and Angiology, Medical University of Warsaw, Banacha 1a, 02 097 Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 39:714-8. 2010....
- Results of endovascular therapy and aortobifemoral grafting for Transatlantic Inter-Society type C and D aortoiliac occlusive diseaseSachinder Singh Hans
Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Clinton Township, MI, USA
Surgery 144:583-9; discussion 589-90. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare the outcomes of aortoiliac stenting (AIS) to those of aortobifemoral grafting (ABF) for patients with TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus (TASCII) C and D aortoiliac occlusive disease...
- Arsenic trioxide eluting stent reduces neointima formation in a rabbit iliac artery injury modelWei Yang
Shanghai Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Cardiovasc Res 72:483-93. 2006..Arsenic trioxide (As2O3) is known to be a potent inhibitor of cell proliferation. We therefore studied the role of an As2O3 eluting stent in the prevention of restenosis in a rabbit iliac artery model.
- The influence of the ipsilateral superficial femoral artery on iliac angioplastyToshifumi Kudo
Gonda Goldschmied Vascular Center, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6858, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:502-11. 2006..The presence of an occluded SFA did not adversely affect the outcomes of iliac PTA. During iliac PTA, a stenotic SFA should be considered for revascularization via endovascular means but an occluded SFA can be observed...
- Intra- and interobserver variability in the measurements of abdominal aortic and common iliac artery diameter with computed tomography. The Tromsø studyK Singh
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of North Norway, Tromsø, 9038 Tromsø, Norway
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 25:399-407. 2003to assess intra- and interobserver variability in the measurement of aortic and common iliac artery diameter by means of computed tomography (CT).
- Pseudoaneurysm of the iliac artery secondary to Aspergillus infection in two recipients of kidney transplants from the same donorJesus Garrido
Service of Nephrology, University Hospital, Salamanca, Spain
Am J Kidney Dis 41:488-92. 2003..In imaging tests, a pseudoaneurysm was detected in the iliac artery in both patients...
- Internal iliac artery angioplasty and stenting: an underutilized therapyK Thompson
University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 24:23-7. 2010Internal iliac artery (IIA) stenosis is a common finding in patients undergoing angiography. In patients with localized thigh and buttock claudication, endovascular treatment of an isolated IIA stenosis may lead to symptomatic improvement.
- Advances in the management of iliac artery occlusive disease: a short reviewChristos D Liapis
Department of Vascular Surgery, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Vasc Endovascular Surg 38:541-5. 2004..However, the long-term results of these therapies especially in the presence of multilevel occlusive lesions still remain uncertain...
- [Effects of Sini decoction on vascular stenosis after iliac artery balloon injury and oxidative stress in rabbits]Yong Liu
Department of Cardiology, Third Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat sun University, Guangzhou 510630, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:1559-62. 2006To investigate the effect of Sini decoction (SND) in preventing vascular restenosis and protecting against oxidative stress after rabbit iliac artery balloon injury.
- Rupture of a deep circumflex iliac artery after abdominal liposuction: treatment with selective arterial transcatheter embolizationHocheol Choi
Department of Radiology, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, 90 Chilam dong, Jinju, 660 702, Republic of Korea
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 32:1288-90. 2009..There have been few reports in the literature of life-threatening hemorrhagic complications after liposuction that were treated by transcatheter embolization...
- Percutaneous transluminal revascularization for iliac occlusive disease: long-term outcomes in TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus A and B lesionsIrfan I Galaria
Division of Vascular Surgery, Center for Vascular Disease, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 19:352-60. 2005..We performed a retrospective anonymous analysis of records from patients who underwent iliac artery angioplasty with or without stenting between January 1990 and June 1999...
- A ruptured aneurysm in persistent sciatic artery: a case reportKeiichi Ishida
Department of General Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
J Vasc Surg 42:556-8. 2005..We describe a case of a patient with a ruptured PSA aneurysm treated by exclusion of the aneurysm and bypass between the common iliac artery and the PSA distal to the aneurysm, and discuss treatment of PSA aneurysm.
- Abdominal vascular injury during lumbar disc surgery: report of three casesFuat Torun
Department of Neurosurgery, Medicine Faculty of Selçuk University, Konya, Turkey
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 13:165-7. 2007..In the present study, three patients who underwent surgical treatment of abdominal vascular injuries that had developed during lumbar disc surgery, were presented...
- Value of the duplex waveform at the common femoral artery for diagnosing obstructive aortoiliac diseaseSandra Spronk
Ikazia Hospital, Vascular Laboratory, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 42:236-42; discussion 242. 2005....
- Long-term outcomes for systematic primary stent placement in complex iliac artery occlusive disease classified according to Trans-Atlantic Inter-Society Consensus (TASC)-IIShigeo Ichihashi
Department of Radiology, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
J Vasc Surg 53:992-9. 2011..To compare long-term outcomes of systematic primary stent placement between Trans-Atlantic Inter-Society Consensus (TASC)-II C/D disease and TASC-II A/B disease...
- Reliability of common femoral artery hemodynamics in assessing the severity of aortoiliac inflow diseaseWael E Shaalan
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:960-9. 2003..We investigated the utility of color duplex ultrasound (CDU)-derived common femoral artery (CFA) hemodynamics for detecting significant aortoiliac occlusive disease and predicting its severity...
- PTFE-covered self-expanding nitinol stents for the treatment of severe iliac and femoral artery stenoses and occlusions: final results from a prospective studyBenjamin Wiesinger
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 12:240-6. 2005..To evaluate the technical performance, safety, and 1-year clinical efficacy of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)-covered nitinol stents in the treatment of atherosclerotic iliac and superficial femoral artery (SFA) disease...
- Delayed diagnosis of vascular injuries during lumbar discectomyJ L Hanouz
Department of Anesthesiology and Surgical Intensive Care, CHRU of Caen, France
J Clin Anesth 12:64-6. 2000We report an accidental perforation of the left iliac artery and vein during lumbar discectomy in the kneeling position...
- Predictors of long-term results after treatment of iliac artery obliteration by transluminal angioplasty and stent deploymentM A Funovics
Department of Angiography and Interventional Radiology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna General Hospital, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 25:397-402. 2002To investigate initial and long-term success rate after percutaneous treatment of iliac artery occlusion with angioplasty and stent deployment...
- A contemporary comparison of aortofemoral bypass and aortoiliac stenting in the treatment of aortoiliac occlusive diseaseChristopher R Burke
Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 24:4-13. 2010..The objective of the current study was to determine the effect of these trends on treatment outcomes in a contemporary single-institution experience with AIOD...
- Total saponins of Panax notoginseng protected rabbit iliac artery against balloon endothelial denudation injurySi Wei Chen
Department of Cardiology, the 4th Affliated Hospital of Ji nan University, Pharmacy College, Ji Nan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 25:1151-6. 2004To investigate whether total Panax notoginseng saponins (PNS) could protect endothelium of rabbit iliac artery against balloon endothelial denudation (BED) injury.
- Aortoiliac angiography during coronary artery angiography detects significant occult aortoiliac and renal artery atherosclerosis in patients with coronary atherosclerosisGianluca Rigatelli
Endo Cardio Vascular Therapy Research, via T Speri 18, 37040 Legnago, Verona, Italy
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 20:299-303. 2004..We sought to determine utility of performing angiography of aortoiliac and renal arteries during coronary arteriography in patients with known or suspect coronary atherosclerosis...
- Long-term results of primary stenting for long and complex iliac artery occlusionsA De Roeck
Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 106:187-92. 2006To evaluate the long-term results of recanalization with primary stenting for long and complex iliac artery occlusions.
- High-energy phosphate metabolism during calf ergometry in patients with isolated aorto-iliac artery stenosesMichael F H Schocke
Department of Radiology, Division of Vascular Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Invest Radiol 41:874-82. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the high-energy metabolism in the calf muscle of patients with PAD with isolated aorto-iliac stenoses during incremental plantar flexion exercise...
- Increasing dialysis access options in lower extremity: retroperitoneal approach for external iliac artery-vein arteriovenous graftBenjamin D Colvard
Dialysis Access Program, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Vasc Access 12:365-8. 2011..In addition, central venous occlusive disease (CVOD) increases the risk of losing access viability in the ipsilateral extremity...
- Early results of stent-grafting to treat diffuse aortoiliac occlusive diseaseEva M Rzucidlo
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:1175-80. 2003Diffuse aortoiliac occlusive disease or isolated external iliac artery occlusion >or=10 cm long typically are treated with surgical bypass grafting because of limited durability of stent placement...
- Endovascular management of iliac artery occlusions: extending treatment to TransAtlantic Inter-Society Consensus class C and D patientsChristopher D Leville
Department of Vascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:32-9. 2006....
- Dutch iliac stent trial: long-term results in patients randomized for primary or selective stent placementWillemijn M Klein
Department of Radiology and Julius Center of Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Room E 01 132, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Radiology 238:734-44. 2006..To determine long-term results of the prospective Dutch Iliac Stent Trial...
- Percutaneous intervention for chronic total occlusion of the internal iliac artery for unrelenting buttock claudicationSatjit Adlakha
Cardiovascular Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 74:257-9. 2009Internal iliac artery stenosis or occlusion has been documented to cause hip pain, erectile dysfunction, and buttock claudication...
- Aortic bifurcation: a cadaveric study of its relationship to the spineKimaporn Khamanarong
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 92:47-9. 2009..One of the key procedural steps is the identification and gentle manipulation of the aortic bifurcation to prevent the vascular injury and provide the adequate exposure during anterior lumbosacral operation...
- Facial nerve reconstruction using a vascularized lateral femoral cutaneous nerve graft based on the superficial circumflex iliac artery system: an application of the inferolateral extension of the groin flapKatsuhiko Kashiwa
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Iwate Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, Uchimaru, Morioka, Japan
J Reconstr Microsurg 26:577-82. 2010..to a groin flap via communications between the LFCN-accompanying vessels and the superficial circumflex iliac artery (SCIA) system...
- Ruptured pseudoaneurysm of the external iliac artery in an advanced cervical cancer patient treated by endovascular covered stent placementWan Yi Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 107:348-51. 2008..cervical cancer who had life-threatening rectal bleeding due to a ruptured pseudoaneurysm of the right external iliac artery, which was successfully treated by emergent endovascular covered stent placement...
- Quality improvement guidelines for endovascular treatment of iliac artery occlusive diseaseDimitrios Tsetis
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Medical School of Crete, P O Box 1352, Stavrakia, 71110, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:238-45. 2008..All patients should receive antiaggregant therapy following endovascular recanalization of iliac arteries. There is no consensus regarding prophylaxis with antibiotics in iliac recanalization procedures...
- Ten-year patency and factors causing restenosis after endovascular treatment of iliac artery lesionsAkira Koizumi
Department of Vascular Medicine, Cardiovascular Hospital of Central Japan Kitakanto Cardiovascular Hospital, Shibukawa, Japan
Circ J 73:860-6. 2009Long-term outcome and the factors associated with restenosis after endovascular treatment (EVT) for iliac artery lesions in peripheral arterial disease (PAD) were evaluated.
- Gene expression signatures differ with extent of atherosclerosis in monkey iliac arteryKathleen M Eyster
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, Sanford School of Medicine, Universityof South Dakota, Vermillion, SD 57069, USA
Menopause 18:1087-95. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate global gene expression patterns in the common iliac arteries of monkeys with a varied extent of atherosclerosis...
- Endovascular repair of a ruptured abdominal aortic and iliac artery aneurysm with an acute iliocaval fistula secondary to lymphomaAlan E Williamson
Department of Surgery, Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, CA, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 16:145-9. 2002..85-year-old male with a history of chronic lymphocytic leukemia, a 3-cm infrarenal AAA, and a 2-cm right common iliac artery aneurysm whose AAA ruptured and who developed an acute iliac artery-to-vena cava fistula secondary to eroding ..
- Vessel-specific rate of vasorelaxation is slower in diabetic ratsJuan M Murias
School of Kinesiology, Western University, London, ON, Canada
Diab Vasc Dis Res 10:179-86. 2013..4%·s(-1)) in both groups and in the iliac compared to the aorta (p < 0.05) in the control group. In conclusion, the vasorelaxation response was vessel specific with a slower rate of adjustment in diabetic compared to control animals...
- Deep circumflex iliac artery-related hemoperitoneum formation after surgical drain placement: successful transcatheter embolizationSang Woo Park
Department of Radiology, Konkuk University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:402-5. 2010..An angiogram of the deep circumflex iliac artery (DCIA) showed extravasation of contrast media along the surgical drain, which had been inserted during the ..
- Iliac artery injury during lumbar microdiscectomyZbigniew Karwacki
Department of Neuroanaesthesiology, Medical University of Gdansk
Anestezjol Intens Ter 42:24-6. 2010..Accidental laceration of major abdominal vessels during lumbar disc surgery is a relatively rare complication that requires rapid diagnosis and management...
- Endovascular treatment of the internal iliac artery in peripheral arterial diseaseK Huétink
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2300, RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:391-3. 2008..Several case reports show that the symptoms of arteriosclerotic lesions in the internal iliac artery are often atypical and not easy to diagnose...
- The use of a re-entry catheter in recanalization of chronic inflow occlusions of the common iliac arteryGreg Ramjas
Department of Radiology, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham NG72UH, UK
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:650-4. 2008Endovascular treatment of iliac artery occlusions can be unsuccessful due to a failure to break back into the true lumen, and lesions without a proximal stump can be particularly problematic...
- Low molecular weight fucoidan prevents neointimal hyperplasia in rabbit iliac artery in-stent restenosis modelJean François Deux
ERIT M 0204 INSERM, X Bichat Hospital, University Paris VII, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1604-9. 2002..We studied a low molecular weight (LMW) fucoidan (sulfated polysaccharide from brown seaweed) on SMC proliferation in vitro and intimal hyperplasia in vivo...
- Endovascular repair of transplant nephrectomy external iliac artery pseudoaneurysmBryan C McIntosh
Hospital of St Raphael, New Haven, USA
Conn Med 69:465-6. 2005..Diagnosis of the pseudoaneurysm with radiological imaging is necessary. The first successful repair of a noninfected pseudoaneurysm of a transplant nephrectomy patient is described using an endovascular graft...
- Superficial circumflex iliac artery perforator flap for reconstruction of limb defectsIsao Koshima
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Kawasaki Medical School, Japan
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:233-40. 2004The superficial circumflex iliac artery perforator (SCIP) flap differs from the established groin flap in that it is nourished by only a perforator of the superficial circumflex iliac system and has a short segment (3 to 4 cm in length) ..
- Internal iliac artery embolization before hysterectomy for placenta accretaMin M Chou
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, 160, Section 3, Taichungkang Road, Taichung 407, Chung Shan Medical University, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:1195-9. 2003..before fetal viability were offered hysterectomy to terminate the pregnancy with prophylactic internal iliac artery embolization (IIAE). The mean gestational age at treatment was 19.7 weeks (range, 14-23)...
- Simultaneous bilateral iliac artery-to-ureter fistulae--an unusual case reportMatthew R Uzieblo
Department of Vascular Surgery, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 38:189-92. 2004..This presentation details the unique occurrence and treatment of simultaneous bilateral iliac artery-to-ureter fistulae...
- Percutaneous stent-graft treatment of superior mesenteric and internal iliac artery pseudoaneurysmsNoah Appel
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 510 South Kingshighway Boulevard, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:917-22. 2003..The technical and regulatory issues pertinent to this device are discussed...
- False aneurysm of the external iliac artery caused by aseptic loosening and migration of a cemented cupAlexandre H Nehme
Department of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Saint Georges University Medical Center, Balamand University, P O Box 166378 Achrafieh, Beirut, 1100 2807, Lebanon
Hip Int 20:123-5. 2010..After adequate resuscitation, an angio CT scan of her pelvis showed a false aneurysm of the external iliac artery in proximity to a loose pegged cemented cup...
- Effects of curcumin for preventing restenosis in a hypercholesterolemic rabbit iliac artery stent modelHyung suk Jang
Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Samsung Medical Center, Sunkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangnam Ku, Seoul, South Korea
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 74:881-8. 2009To evaluate the efficacy of the curcumin-coating stent (CCS) on the inhibition of restenosis in a rabbit iliac artery stent model.
- MRI endoscopy using intrinsically localized probesShashank Sathyanarayana
Department of Radiology, Division of MR Research, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Med Phys 36:908-19. 2009..The method is demonstrated in a kiwifruit, in intact porcine and rabbit aortas, and in an atherosclerotic human iliac artery specimen, with in-plane resolution as small as 80 microm and 1.5-5 mm slice thickness.
- Internal iliac artery ligation for arresting postpartum haemorrhageV M Joshi
KEM Hospital, Pune, India
BJOG 114:356-61. 2007To study the role of internal iliac artery ligation (IIAL) in arresting and preventing postpartum haemorrhage (PPH).
- Congenital single, pelvic iliac artery: a case reportDaniel P Link
Department of Radiology, Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, 4860 Y St, Ste 3400, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:1231-4. 2009..Failure of the external iliac artery to properly bud may lead to similar vascular malformations...
- Angioplasty or stent placement in the proximal common iliac artery: is protection of the contralateral side necessary?J C Smith
Department of Radiology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 11234 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:1395-8. 2001To determine if protection of the contralateral common iliac artery is necessary when performing angioplasty or stent placement in a proximal common iliac artery.
- Penile reconstruction with bilateral superficial circumflex iliac artery perforator (SCIP) flapsIsao Koshima
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
J Reconstr Microsurg 22:137-42. 2006..A disadvantage is poor sensory recovery...
- Idiopathic aneurysm of the common iliac artery in an 11-year-old childAlexander Zimmermann
Clinic of Vascular Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Vasc Surg 50:663-6. 2009..We report the case of an 11-year-old girl with an idiopathic and symptomatic left common iliac artery aneurysm. The aneurysm was resected and replaced by a reversed femoral vein...
- Activation of prostanoid EP receptors by prostacyclin analogues in rabbit iliac artery: implications for anti-restenotic potentialChristopher McCormick
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, John Arbuthnot Building, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Eur J Pharmacol 641:160-7. 2010..A classical organ bath approach was used to examine the functional response of the rabbit iliac artery to the prostacyclin analogues, AFP-07 and cicaprost...
- Damage control techniques for common and external iliac artery injuries: have temporary intravascular shunts replaced the need for ligation?Chad G Ball
Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
J Trauma 68:1117-20. 2010..The primary goal of this study was to identify the consequences of using ligation versus TIVS for common or external iliac artery injuries in damage control scenarios.
- Outcome of proximal internal iliac artery coil embolization prior to stent-graft extension in patients previously treated by endovascular aortic repairGeert Maleux
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Vasc Interv Radiol 21:990-4. 2010To assess the safety, feasibility, and effectiveness of coil embolization of the proximal internal iliac artery (IIA) before stent-graft extension in patients previously treated by endovascular aortic repair (EVAR).
- Internal endoconduit: an innovative technique to address unfavorable iliac artery anatomy encountered during thoracic endovascular aortic repairBrian G Peterson
Division of Vascular Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:441-5. 2008..iliac stent graft across the prohibitively stenotic area, followed by angioplasty and controlled rupture of the iliac artery, allows for safe passage of the delivery sheath...
- Internal iliac artery embolization for the control of severe bladder hemorrhage secondary to carcinoma: long-term follow-upAhmed El-Assmy
Urology Department, Urology and Nephrology Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
ScientificWorldJournal 7:1567-74. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and long-term complications of internal iliac artery embolization as a palliative measure in the control of intractable hemorrhage from advanced bladder malignancy...
- Surgical management of ameloblastoma in the mandible: Segmental mandibulectomy and immediate reconstruction with free fibula or deep circumflex iliac artery flap (evaluation of the long-term esthetic and functional results)Haluk Vayvada
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dokuz Eylul University, Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:1532-9. 2006..The aim of this article is to evaluate the clinical results of the patients with mandibular ameloblastoma who were treated with segmental mandibulectomy and immediate reconstruction with free flaps...
- Factor XI contributes to thrombus propagation on injured neointima of the rabbit iliac arteryA Yamashita
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 4:1496-501. 2006..However, the contribution of FXI to thrombus formation on disrupted plaques remains unclear...
- Distal internal iliac artery embolization: a procedure to avoidBoonprasit Kritpracha
Jobst Vascular Center, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:943-8. 2003Internal iliac artery (IIA) coil embolization as an adjunct to endovascular stent grafting (ESG) is common practice for treating abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in patients with a substantially enlarged common iliac artery requiring ..
- Internal iliac artery embolization before endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms: frequency, efficacy, and clinical resultsM Schoder
Department of Angiography and Interventional Radiology, AKH-University Clinics, , A-1090 Vienna, Austria
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:599-605. 2001..The aim of our study was to assess the frequency, efficacy, and incidence of adverse effects of internal iliac artery embolization...
- Iliac artery stenosis proximal to a kidney transplant: clinical findings, duplex-sonographic criteria, treatment, and outcomeAdina Voiculescu
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Transplantation 76:332-9. 2003..We assessed the role of duplex sonography (DS) in regard to clinical and angiographic findings and followed the patients after percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA), PTA stenting (PTAS), or surgery...
- Autogenous vein graft from iliac artery to splenic artery for celiac occlusion in pancreaticoduodenectomyHideki Okamoto
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, Omiya Medical Center, Saitama 330 8503, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 10:109-12. 2003..An autograft of the saphenous vein was placed between the iliac artery and the splenic artery, and subsequently pancreaticoduodenectomy was performed...
- Neurologic injury after endovascular stent-graft and bilateral internal iliac artery embolization for infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysmP C Kwok
Department of Radiology and Imaging, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:761-3. 2001..The mechanism of spinal cord and neurologic ischemia after aortic stent-graft implantation is discussed...
- Gluteal compartment syndrome following elective unilateral internal iliac artery embolization before endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repairWilliam T Su
Division of Vascular Surgery, New York, University Medical Center, NY 10016, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:672-5. 2004..Although elective internal iliac artery occlusion is often well tolerated, it can result in complications such as buttock claudication or rest pain, ..
- Biocompatibility and performance of the Wallstent and several covered stents in a sheep iliac artery modelM Cejna
Department of Angiography, University of Vienna, Austria
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:351-8. 2001..To compare the biocompatibility and performance of various stent-grafts to those of a bare stent in an ovine model with a subchronic (3 months) endpoint...
- Characterization of human atherosclerotic plaques by intravascular magnetic resonance imagingEric Larose
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 112:2324-31. 2005..Surface MRI can characterize tissue content of carotid but not deeper arteries. This study evaluated the usefulness of intravascular MRI (IVMRI) to discern the composition of human iliac arteries in vivo...
- Antegrade iliac artery stent implantation for the temporal and spatial examination of stent-induced neointimal hyperplasia and alterations in regional fluid dynamicsJohn F LaDisa
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 51:115-21. 2005..We present a model of antegrade iliac artery stent implantation that facilitates the analysis of stent-induced alterations in neointimal hyperplasia and ..
- A prospective endoscopic study of retropubic vascular anatomy in 121 patients undergoing endoscopic extraperitoneal inguinal hernioplastyH Lau
Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Center, Tung Wah Hospital, 12 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong SAR
Surg Endosc 17:1376-9. 2003..The objective of the current study was to evaluate the incidence and anatomy of iliopubic and aberrant obturator vessels...
- Allograft replacement of common iliac artery mycotic aneurysm caused by Bacteroides fragilis vertebral spondylitis--a case reportYoshihiko Tsuji
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe Japan
Vasc Endovascular Surg 37:441-4. 2003..The authors describe a successfully treated case of mycotic aneurysm of the common iliac artery complicated with vertebral spondylitis in a 74-year-old man...
- Long-term results of stenting for chronic iliac artery occlusionPetr Uher
Department of Radiology, Malmo University Hospital, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden
J Endovasc Ther 9:67-75. 2002..To evaluate the long-term results of stent placement for chronic occlusions of the iliac arteries...
- Connexin-mimetic peptides dissociate electrotonic EDHF-type signalling via myoendothelial and smooth muscle gap junctions in the rabbit iliac arteryAndrew T Chaytor
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Wales Heart Research Institute, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, Wales, UK
Br J Pharmacol 144:108-14. 2005..the spread of endothelial hyperpolarizations evoked by cyclopiazonic acid (CPA) through the wall of the rabbit iliac artery. Immunostaining and confocal microscopy demonstrated that gap junction plaques constructed from Cx37 and Cx40 ..
- THE EFFECTS OF COCAINE ON FETAL OXYGENATIONJames Woods; Fiscal Year: 1993..umbilical vein and fetal aorta and placement of an electromagnetic flow probe on the fetal common internal iliac artery for umbilical blood flow determinations...
- CONTROL OF THE CIRCULATION DURING THERMAL STRESSDUANE PROPPE; Fiscal Year: 1991..Each baboon will be chronically instrumented with a flow probe around an external iliac artery or a renal artery, and catheters for infusions of drugs and solutions, blood sampling, and measurements of ..
- Evaluation of the Efficacy of a Liquid Cast Drug-Eluting Biodegradable StentMazen Albaghdadi; Fiscal Year: 2013..aims are to: 1) determine the optimal conditions to polymerize the NO-eluting liquid stent in vivo in a porcine iliac artery injury model using our specialty catheter~ 2) assess the hemodynamic and biologic compatibility of the NO-..
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF GROWTHCHARLES NICOLL; Fiscal Year: 1992..of hormones and GFs on growth of cartilage and muscle will be determined by infusing them into the right common iliac artery (which supples blood to one hindlimb) of hypophysectomized (Hx) month old rats...
- VON WILLEBRAND'S DISEASE AND ATHEROSCLEROSISValentin Fuster; Fiscal Year: 1990..2) We will determine in a short term study with a controlled selective carotid and iliac artery endothelial injury technique: a) whether in vWd pigs infusion with vWF lead to a normal platelet-arterial wall ..
- CONTROL OF THE CIRCULATION IN HEAT-STRESSDUANE PROPPE; Fiscal Year: 1980The overall objective is to delineate the afferent and efferent mechanisms of control of heart rate (HR), iliac artery blood flow (IBF) and superior mesenteric artery blood flow (SMBF) during external heating of chronically instrumented ..
- ADENOVIRUS MEDIATED GENE TRANSFER INTO THE VASCULAR WALLDaniel Fisher; Fiscal Year: 1999..proposal describes the investigation of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) mediation of restenosis in an iliac artery model using an adenovirus (Ad)-mediated gene transfer system...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF CARDIOVASCULAR PATHOLOGYKenneth Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2001..gax overexpression markedly inhibits injury-induced intimal hyperplasia in both rat carotid artery and rabbit iliac artery models of balloon denudation...
- NOVEL COLLAGEN-BASED PERIPHERAL ENDOPROSTHESISHORNG BAN LIN; Fiscal Year: 1999..the design and fabrication of the endoprosthesis prototype and conduct a feasibility testing in a canine iliac artery model...
- Vascular tone and blood pressure control during exerciseJohn Buckwalter; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is an issue of fundamental importance that may have important implications for individuals with peripheral vascular disease. ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Hindlimb RevascularizationDarren Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..By defining the role of progenitor cells in neovascularization, this proposal will support the development of novel cellular and molecular therapies for patients with vascular disease. ..
- Abdominal Aortic AneurysmM Tilson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent approaches such as the search for candidate genes and the methodology of genome wide scanning among AAA families or sibling pairs will be discussed. ..
- Clinical Translational Research in Transplant NephrologyBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also work to meet the NIH's goal of increasing the number of physician-scientists conducting high-quality patient-oriented research. ..
- Atherosclerosis Stage, Estrogen Receptors, and Vascular Responses to EstrogenTHOMAS COSTIN REGISTER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Continuation of the FIND StudyBarry Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2006..of genes that cause diabetic complications will take us one step closer to finding treatments that may have the potential to slow or prevent the development of these serious complications of diabetes mellitus [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ultrasound contrast agent enhances ultarsound assisted thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long Field Of View MRA Using Continuous Table MotionStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Eventually this process will be performed using the full contrast bolus alone. ..
- Improving Radiologist Detection of Lung Nodules with CADGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- ARTERY WALL CONTRACTION, WOUND HEALING, AND RESTENOSISRandolph Geary; Fiscal Year: 2006..Separate studies will explore the gene expression patterns induced during constrictive remodeling by applying RNA from arteries after injury, and from smooth muscle cells contracting collagen in vitro, to human gene arrays. ..
- Plaque Progression, Apoptosis and InflammationRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Peripheral Arterial Disease and Leg Muscle MetabolismLOIS KILLEWICH; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is my ultimate hope that the combined interventions of bypass surgery and nutritional supplementation with amino acids can be used to improve overall functional status of these elderly Americans. ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE FLUOROSCOPY TRIGGERING FOR HIGH RESOLStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2001..These will be sorted, reconstructed and displayed during the 3D acquisition allowing he operator to observe contrast behavior and intervene, such as by triggering another temporal frame or advancing the table. ..
- CHOLESTEROL & PLAQUE RUPTURE--WOMEN AND PLAQUE EROSIONRenu Virmani; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, analysis of plaque morphology in the animal model proposed in Project 4 will be carried out in project 1. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF HUMAN HYPERTENSIVE ESRDBarry Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The identification of hypertension-associated renal failure genes would form a genetic basis for detection of high risk individuals and development of intervention and treatment strategies for prevention of H-ESRD. ..
- VOLUMETRIC ANALYSIS OF THE AORTA AND ITS BRANCHESGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HIGH RESOLUTION INTERACTIVE CORONARY ARTERY MRAStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The methods will be studied in a pig model of coronary artery stenosis and compared with x-ray angiography. ..
- Upgrade of mass spectrometer facilityMichael Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2003..The new mass spectrometer will provide 1) a significant increase in detection sensitivity, 2) higher resolution, 3) greater accuracy of mass measurement, 4) increased reliability, and 5) compatibility with new generations of software. ..
- GENETIC ENGINEERING OF A FAILURE RESISTANT VEIN GRAFTMichael Conte; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long term objective is to develop a safe, efficient, and effective protocol for intraoperative gene therapy that will engineer vein bypass grafts that are resistant to occlusion. ..
- E M Transdifferentiation in Proximal Tubule CellsBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Reconstruction Hardware for Real-Time Moving Tabel MRIStephen Riederer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockade and Chronic RejectionBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2003....