Genomes and Genes
Summary: A branch of the celiac artery that distributes to the stomach, pancreas, duodenum, liver, gallbladder, and greater omentum.
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- Selective hepatic artery embolization for treatment of patients with metastatic carcinoid and pancreatic endocrine tumorsJonathan R Strosberg
Hematology Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
Cancer Control 13:72-8. 2006..Several reviews have suggested that hepatic artery embolization, with or without intraarterial chemotherapy, can be used for control of symptoms and for ..
- Infusion of autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells through hepatic artery results in a short-term improvement of liver function in patients with chronic liver disease: a pilot randomized controlled studyAndre Castro Lyra
Hospital Sao Rafael and c HUPES Federal Univeristy of Bahia, Medicine Gastro Hepatology Service, Graz, Austria
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:33-42. 2010..This randomized controlled study evaluated the effect of autologous infusion of bone marrow cells (BMC) in patients with hepatic cirrhosis...
- Prolonged survival after hepatic artery embolization in patients with midgut carcinoid syndromeC Swärd
Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Br J Surg 96:517-21. 2009b>Hepatic artery embolization (HAE) is a palliative treatment for patients with liver metastases from neuroendocrine tumours. HAE reduces hormonal symptoms, but its impact on survival has been questioned.
- Therapeutic equivalence in survival for hepatic arterial chemoembolization and yttrium 90 microsphere treatments in unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: a two-cohort studyBrian I Carr
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer 116:1305-14. 2010..TACE has demonstrated the ability to prolong survival. However, long-term survival remains uncertain...
- Phase II trial of high-dose conformal radiation therapy with concurrent hepatic artery floxuridine for unresectable intrahepatic malignanciesEdgar Ben-Josef
Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan, UH B2C490, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0010, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8739-47. 2005..A phase II trial was conducted to determine if high-dose radiation with concurrent hepatic arterial floxuridine would improve survival in patients with unresectable intrahepatic malignancies...
- Phase II study of hepatic intraarterial epirubicin and cisplatin, with systemic 5-fluorouracil in patients with unresectable biliary tract tumorsMaurizio Cantore
Department of Oncology, Massa Carrara City Hospital, Massa Carrara, Italy
Cancer 103:1402-7. 2005....
- The right accessory hepatic artery; a case report and review of the literatureMichał Polguj
Department of Normal and Clinical Anatomy, Chair of Anatomy, Medical University of Lodz, Narutowicza 60, 90 136, Lodz, Poland
Surg Radiol Anat 32:175-9. 2010A rare case of the right accessory hepatic artery was observed during multidetector-row Computer Tomography examination in a 65-year-old Caucasian female with portal vein thrombosis...
- Diagnostic value of Doppler assessment of the hepatic and portal vessels and ultrasound of the spleen in liver diseaseJohn O'Donohue
Institute of Liver Studies, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:147-55. 2004....
- Intra-hepatic arterial administration with miriplatin suspended in an oily lymphographic agent inhibits the growth of tumors implanted in rat livers by inducing platinum-DNA adducts to form and massive apoptosisMitsuharu Hanada
Pharmacology Research Laboratories, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:473-83. 2009..a novel lipophilic platinum complex developed to treat hepatocellular carcinoma, is administered into the hepatic artery using an oily lymphographic agent (Lipiodol Ultra-Fluide) as a carrier...
- Hepatic intra-arterial injection of drug-eluting bead, irinotecan (DEBIRI) in unresectable colorectal liver metastases refractory to systemic chemotherapy: results of multi-institutional studyRobert C G Martin
Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:192-8. 2011..The aim of this study is to evaluate the efficacy of hepatic arterial sulfonate hydrogel microsphere (drug-eluting beads), irinotecan preloaded therapy (DEBIRI) in metastatic colorectal cancer refractory to systemic chemotherapy...
- Hepatic arterial infusion of oxaliplatin and intravenous LV5FU2 in unresectable liver metastases from colorectal cancer after systemic chemotherapy failureValerie Boige
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:219-26. 2008..Whether this regimen could be beneficial after systemic chemotherapy failure is unknown...
- Intra-hepatic arterial administration with miriplatin suspended in an oily lymphographic agent inhibits the growth of human hepatoma cells orthotopically implanted in nude ratsMitsuharu Hanada
Pharmacology Research Laboratories, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co, Ltd, 3 1 98, Kasugadenaka, Konohana ku, Osaka 554 0022, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:189-94. 2009..displayed a trabecular structure similar to their original morphology, and were exclusively supplied by the hepatic artery, suggesting that they exhibited in part the conditions of human HCC...
- Technical solutions to ensure safe yttrium-90 radioembolization in patients with initial extrahepatic deposition of (99m)technetium-albumin macroaggregatesM W Barentsz
Center of Interventional Oncology and Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:1074-9. 2011....
- Development and biodistribution of 188Re-SSS lipiodol following injection into the hepatic artery of healthy pigsE Garin
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Centre Eugene Marquis, Rue de la bataille Flandes Dunkerque, CS 44229, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:542-6. 2004..of (188)Re-SSS lipiodol, as well as its biodistribution in the healthy pig after injection into the hepatic artery. The (188)Re-SSS lipiodol was obtained after dissolving a chelating agent, previously labelled with (188)Re, ..
- Tumor response to arterial embolization hyperthermia and direct injection hyperthermia in a rabbit liver tumor modelPaul Moroz
Centre for Applied Cancer Studies, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 6000 Perth, Western Australia
J Surg Oncol 80:149-56. 2002..The objective of this study was to compare the response of liver tumors to arterial embolization hyperthermia (AEH) and direct injection hyperthermia (DIH)...
- Relating function to branching geometry: a micro-CT study of the hepatic artery, portal vein, and biliary treeTimothy L Kline
Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, Physiological Imaging Research Laboratory, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 194:431-42. 2011..micro-computed tomography images, the hierarchical structure, interbranch segment lengths and diameters of a hepatic artery, a portal vein, and two biliary trees from intact rat liver lobes were characterized...
- Hepatic arterial chemotherapy with oxaliplatin, folinic acid and 5-fluorouracil in pre-treated patients with liver metastases from colorectal cancerAlfonso Del Freo
Oncological Department, ASL 01, Massa e Carrara, Italy
In Vivo 20:743-6. 2006..Hepatic arterial chemotherapy (HAC) is an effective treatment of liver metastases from colorectal cancer (CRC). Phase I and II studies have already shown the feasibility and efficacy of intra-arterial oxaliplatin (OXA)...
- Effect of preoperative transcatheter arterial chemoembolization on tumor cell activity in hepatocellular carcinomaJ Huang
Liver Cancer Research Center, Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou 510089, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:446-8. 2000..To evaluate the role of preoperative transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) as a palliative approach in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Improved diagnosis of hepatic perfusion disorders: value of hepatic arterial phase imaging during helical CTS Quiroga
Department of Radiology and Institut de Diagnòstic per la Imatge, Hospital General Universitari Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Radiographics 21:65-81; questionnaire 288-94. 2001..By recognizing these perfusion disorders, false-positive diagnosis (hypervascular tumors) or overestimation of the size of liver tumors (eg, hepatocellular carcinoma) can be avoided...
- Vascular complications after orthotopic liver transplantation: hepatic artery thrombosisE Pareja
Unidad de Cirugía Hepato Bilio Pancreática y Trasplante Hepático y Pancreático, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Transplant Proc 42:2970-2. 2010b>Hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT) is the second main cause of liver graft failure after primary nonfunction. It is the most frequent arterial complication in orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT)...
- Regional chemotherapy for liver-limited metastatic colorectal cancerDerek G Power
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:247-59. 2008..Liver metastases are mainly supplied by the hepatic artery, and high levels of intratumoral drug delivery are achievable with the use of HAI...
- Role of intra-arterial hepatic chemotherapy in the treatment of colorectal cancer metastasesT Peter Kingham
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Surg Oncol 102:988-95. 2010Hepatic metastases are common with colorectal cancer. The primary blood supply to hepatic metastases is the hepatic artery. Regional chemotherapy utilizing the hepatic artery is one treatment option for liver metastases...
- Modern insights into hepatic arterial infusion for liver metastases from colorectal cancerM Bouchahda
INSERM, UMR S Biological Rhythms and cancers, Hospital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
Eur J Cancer 47:2681-90. 2011..The role of HAI in liver metastases from CRC should, therefore, be revisited, using modern multidisciplinary therapeutic approaches and appropriate study designs. Recommendations for the design of future RCTs exploring HAI are provided...
- Hepatic artery and portal vein remodeling in rat liver: vascular response to selective cholangiocyte proliferationTatyana V Masyuk
Center for Basic Research in Digestive Diseases, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Medical School, Clinic, and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Pathol 162:1175-82. 2003Three-dimensional reconstruction of the biliary tree, hepatic artery, and portal vein in normal rats and rats fed alpha-naphthylisothiocyanate (ANIT), a compound that causes selective proliferation of epithelial cells (ie, cholangiocytes) ..
- The hepatic artery: a reminder of surgical anatomyR M Jones
Victorian Liver Transplant Unit, University of Melbourne, Department of Surgery, Austin Campus, Melbourne 3084, Australia
J R Coll Surg Edinb 46:168-70. 2001This study was carried out to document the anatomy of the hepatic artery with the purpose of reminding surgeons of the need for this essential knowledge in order to practice safe hepatobiliary surgery...
- Phase I/II study of hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy with gemcitabine in patients with unresectable intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (JIVROSG-0301)Yoshitaka Inaba
Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Clin Oncol 34:58-62. 2011..We conducted a phase I/II study to ascertain the recommended dose (RD) of hepatic arterial infusion using gemcitabine (GEM) for ICC and to assess the efficacy and safety...
- Escalated focal liver radiation and concurrent hepatic artery fluorodeoxyuridine for unresectable intrahepatic malignanciesL A Dawson
Departments of Radiation Oncology, Internal Medicine, and Pharmacology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0010, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:2210-8. 2000..To evaluate the response, time to progression, survival, and impact of radiation (RT) dose on survival in patients with intrahepatic malignancies treated on a phase I trial of escalated focal liver RT...
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma: anatomic and hemodynamic considerations in the hepatic artery and portal veinKwang Hun Lee
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Radiographics 22:1077-91. 2002..A thorough understanding of the anatomic variants and hemodynamic features of the hepatic artery and portal vein is the first step in performing effective and safe TACE for HCC.
- Endovascular management of hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm hemorrhage complicating pancreaticoduodenectomyJohn Harvey
Vascular Surgery Service, Englewood Hospital and Medical Center, Englewood, NJ 07631, USA
J Vasc Surg 43:613-7. 2006....
- Pseudoaneurysm following laparoscopic cholecystectomyMansoor Ahmed Madanur
Institute of Liver Studies, Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:294-8. 2007..Failure to deal with bile leak and secondary infection may result in pseudoaneurysm formation. This study was to report the incidence and outcomes of pseudoaneurysm in patients with bile leak following LC referred to our hospital...
- Iatrogenic combined bile duct and right hepatic artery injury during single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomyAmareshwar Chiruvella
Department of Surgery, Suite H 124, Emory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
JSLS 14:268-71. 2010..Although the feasibility of this approach for a variety of procedures is currently being established, little data are available regarding safety...
- Hepatic artery pseudoaneurysms in adult living-donor liver transplantation: efficacy of CT and Doppler sonographyHyoung Jung Kim
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1, Pungnap dong, Songpa Ku, Seoul 138 736, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1549-55. 2005The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of contrast-enhanced CT and Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm after adult living-donor liver transplantation (LDLT).
- Hepatic artery chemoinfusion with chemoembolization for neuroendocrine cancer with progressive hepatic metastases despite octreotide therapyDara Christante
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore, USA
Surgery 144:885-93; discussion 893-4. 2008..Several treatment modalities have been examined, but an optimal treatment approach has been difficult to define. We evaluated a regimen combining hepatic artery chemoinfusion with chemoembolization.
- Hepatic arterial oxaliplatin infusion plus intravenous chemotherapy in colorectal cancer with inoperable hepatic metastases: a trial of the gastrointestinal group of the Federation Nationale des Centres de Lutte Contre le CancerMichel Ducreux
Gastrointestinal Unit, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4881-7. 2005....
- Initial experience of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization during portal vein occlusion for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma with marked arterioportal shuntsSatoru Murata
Department of Radiology, Center for Advanced Medical Technology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyou ku, Tokyo, 113 8602, Japan
Eur Radiol 19:2016-23. 2009..002) better in group B than in group A. Survival was significantly better in group B than in group A (P = 0.008). TACE-PVO may be a safe and useful therapy for selected patients with unresectable HCC and marked AP shunts...
- Anatomical variations of the hepatic artery: study of 932 cases in liver transplantationSiraj Saadaldin Abdullah
Department of Digestive Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Croix Rousse University Hospital, 103, Grande rue de la Croix Rousse, 69317, Lyon Cedex 04, France
Surg Radiol Anat 28:468-73. 2006The aim of this study was to identify and to classify anatomical hepatic artery (HA) variations concerning 932 HA dissections in liver transplantation (LT). Normal HA distribution was found in 68.1%. Variations of HA were detected in 31...
- Management of concomitant hepatic artery injury in patients with iatrogenic major bile duct injury after laparoscopic cholecystectomyJ Li
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Br J Surg 95:460-5. 2008Concomitant hepatic artery injury is a rare but severe complication associated with bile duct injury during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC).
- Radiologic placement of side-hole catheter with tip fixation for hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapyToshihiro Tanaka
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Aichi Cancer Center, Nagoya, Japan
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:63-8. 2003..To investigate the technical outcome of radiologic catheter placement with use of a side-hole catheter with distal fixation for hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy...
- High volume hydrodynamic injection of plasmid DNA via the hepatic artery results in a high level of gene expression in rat hepatocellular carcinoma induced by diethylnitrosamineMasaharu Tada
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara cho Shogoin Sakyo ku Kyoto, 606 8507, Japan
J Gene Med 8:1018-26. 2006..has yet to be shown for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC); therefore, we investigated the feasibility and efficacy of hydrodynamic injection via the tail vein and hepatic artery in a diethylnitrosamine (DEN)-induced HCC model in rats.
- Hepatic arterial embolization and chemoembolization for the treatment of patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors: variables affecting response rates and survivalSanjay Gupta
Section og Interventional Radiology, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 104:1590-602. 2005....
- Spontaneous cystic artery rupture: a rare cause of haemoperitoneumA Ouazzani
Department of Digestive Surgery, Charleroi University Hospital, Charleroi, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 109:106-8. 2009..In the case of a cystic artery rupture, embolization can be safely done as long as the arterial anastomotic network with hepatic parenchyma is sufficient to supply the gall-bladder...
- Hepatic arterial port systems for treatment of liver metastases: factors affecting patency and adverse eventsJens Ricke
Department of Radiology, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Augustenburgerplatz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:825-33. 2004..To assess the outcome of interventional hepatic arterial port placement in a prospective phase II trial...
- Hepatic artery infusion using oxaliplatin in combination with 5-fluorouracil, folinic acid and mitomycin C: oxaliplatin pharmacokinetics and feasibilityIrene Guthoff
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Anticancer Res 23:5203-8. 2003..However, nothing is presently known about the pharmacokinetics of Oxa administered via the hepatic artery and only very little about the feasibility and toxicity of Oxa used for hepatic artery infusion (HAI).
- Hepatic artery infusion chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer to the liver at the lahey clinic: comparison between two methods of treatment, surgical versus percutaneous catheter placementRichard A Oberfield
Department of Medical Oncology, Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington, Massachusetts 01805, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 27:376-83. 2004This study updates our experience with hepatic artery infusion chemotherapy for colorectal liver metastases at the Lahey Clinic. It compares surgical versus percutaneous catheter methods, employing an external pump...
- Preoperative evaluation of the entire hepatic vasculature in living liver donors with use of contrast-enhanced MR angiography and true fast imaging with steady-state precessionJames C Carr
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Medical School, 251 East Huron Street, Feinberg 4 710, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:441-9. 2003..To preoperatively assess the entire hepatic vasculature in living related liver donors with use of a combination of contrast material-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) angiography and true fast imaging with steady-state precession (FISP)...
- Gross anatomy of the portal vein and hepatic artery ramifications in dogs: corrosion cast studyM Ursic
Veterinary Faculty, Institute for Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, University of Ljubljana, Gerbiceva 60, Slovenia
Anat Histol Embryol 36:83-7. 2007The anatomical variations of the portal vein and the hepatic artery ramifications were analysed on liver corrosion casts in 20 dogs as a possible aid in the surgical management of the organ. The portal vein ramified similarly in all dogs...
- Inferior caval vein thrombosis owing to compression of focal nodular hyperplasia: surgical resection after shrinkage by hepatic artery embolizationCora H P Arts
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vascular 18:53-8. 2010..The FNH lesion was first reduced by radiologic embolization of the feeding branch of the right hepatic artery. A 41% size reduction was obtained, and the symptoms disappeared...
- Islets transplanted intraportally into the liver are stimulated to insulin and glucagon release exclusively through the hepatic arteryJ Lau
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, SE 751 23, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Transplant 6:967-75. 2006..The cellular composition of the islet grafts was also examined. Glucose and arginine administered through the hepatic artery, but not through the portal vein, induced insulin release from the intraportally implanted islets...
- Endovascular treatment of hepatic artery thrombosis following liver transplantationAshish Singhal
Nazih Zuhdi Transplant Institute, Integris Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73112, USA
Transpl Int 23:245-56. 2010b>Hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT) is the most frequent vascular complication following orthotopic liver transplantation. Urgent retransplantation has been considered as the mainstay therapy...
- Natural history and outcome of hepatic vascular malformations in a large cohort of patients with hereditary hemorrhagic teleangiectasiaElisabetta Buscarini
Gastroenterology Department, HHT Center, Maggiore Hospital, Largo Dossena 2, 26013, Crema, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 56:2166-78. 2011..There are limited data in the literature regarding the natural history of liver vascular malformations in hemorrhagic telangiectasia and their associated morbidity and mortality...
- Intra-arterial hepatic chemotherapy: a comparison of percutaneous versus surgical implantation of port-cathetersF Deschamps
Department of Interventional Radiology, Gustave Roussy Institut, Villejuif, France
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:973-9. 2011..To compare retrospectively the safety and efficacy of percutaneous and surgical implantations of port-catheters for intra-arterial hepatic chemotherapy (IAHC)...
- Hepatic artery thrombosis after orthotopic liver transplant: a review of the same institute 5 years laterLinwei Wu
Department of Organ Transplantation of First Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou, China
Exp Clin Transplant 9:191-6. 2011Summarize the experience of managing patients with hepatic artery thrombosis after orthotopic liver transplant in a single center.
- Serial serum VEGF-A, angiopoietin-2, and endostatin measurements in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma treated by transcatheter arterial chemoembolizationMing Yen Hsieh
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Municipal Ta Tung Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 27:314-22. 2011..In conclusion, significant increases of serum level VEGF-A and angiopoietin-2 after TACE have been demonstrated from this study. Therefore, serial VEGF-A level 1 day before and 7 days after TACE may be used to predict rapid HCC growth...
- Recipient and donor thrombophilia and the risk of portal venous thrombosis and hepatic artery thrombosis in liver recipientsRosa Ayala
Hematology Department, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
BMC Gastroenterol 11:130. 2011..We aimed to characterize post-transplant thrombotic events in a cohort of liver transplant recipients, and identify independent risk factors for these complications...
- Effect of vascular occlusion on radiofrequency ablation of the liver: results in a porcine modelS B Chinn
Department of Radiology, E3/311 CSC, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 176:789-95. 2001..Lesions were randomly assigned to one of four vascular occlusion groups: portal vein, hepatic artery, Pringle maneuver (both hepatic artery and portal vein), or no occlusion...
- Resolution of hepatic encephalopathy following hepatic artery embolization in a patient with well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumor metastatic to the liverJoseph P Erinjeri
Interventional Radiology Service, Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:610-4. 2010Hepatic encephalopathy is considered a contraindication to hepatic artery embolization...
- Preoperative embolization of the common hepatic artery in preparation for radical pancreatectomy for pancreas body cancerS Kondo
Department of Surgery II, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 47:1447-9. 2000To assess preliminary results of preoperative embolization of the common hepatic artery in preparation for distal pancreatectomy with en bloc resection of the celiac and common hepatic arteries for carcinoma of the body of the pancreas ..
- Right hepatic artery injury associated with laparoscopic bile duct injury: incidence, mechanism, and consequencesLygia Stewart
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 8:523-30; discussion 530-1. 2004Because most bile duct injuries involve the common hepatic duct, the right hepatic artery, which is nearby, can also be injured...
- Pharmacokinetic advantage of intra-arterial hepatic oxaliplatin administration: comparative results with cisplatin using a rabbit VX2 tumor modelRadan Dzodic
Pharmacology Unit, Chatenay Malabry, France Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Anticancer Drugs 15:647-50. 2004..v. administration with cisplatin. We conclude that there is a significant pharmacokinetic advantage to using oxaliplatin for locoregional IAH chemotherapy compared with i.v. administration...
- Treatment of hepatoma with liposome-encapsulated adriamycin administered into hepatic artery of ratsDong Sheng Sun
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, Heilongjiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:4741-4. 2006To observe the therapeutic effects of liposome-encapsulated adriamycin (LADM) on hepatoma in comparison with adriamycin solution (FADM) and adriamycin plus blank liposome (ADM + BL) administered into the hepatic artery of rats.
- Acute cholecystitis with massive upper gastrointestinal bleed: a case report and review of the literatureSundeep S Saluja
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
BMC Gastroenterol 7:12. 2007..Its presentation with upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage (UGIH) is even rarer. Thirteen patients with cystic artery pseudoaneurysm have been reported in the literature but only 2 of them presented with UGIH alone...
- Treatment of high output cardiac failure by flow-adapted hepatic artery banding (FHAB) in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaA Koscielny
Department of Surgery, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53125 Bonn, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 12:872-6. 2008..organs in Osler's disease may lead to the development of hepatic arteriovenous shunts with a dilatation of the hepatic artery. Right and subsequent global heart failure due to cardiac valvular insufficiency, pulmonary artery ..
- Radio-frequency tissue ablation of the liver: effects of vascular occlusion on lesion diameter and biliary and portal damages in a pig modelA L Denys
Department of Interventional Radiology, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 11:2102-8. 2001..The reduction of liver perfusion increases significantly the size of RF lesions but is associated with a risk of biliary, portal, or parenchymal complications...
- Prerequisites for effective adenovirus mediated gene therapy of colorectal liver metastases in the rat using an intracellular neutralizing antibody fragment to p21-RasB van Etten
University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Department of Surgical Oncology, Room Ee 102, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 86:436-42. 2002..levels and tumour responses: intravenous injection, intratumoural injection, isolated liver perfusion, or hepatic artery infusion...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of hepatic arterial infusion with oxaliplatin in combination with folinic acid and 5-fluorouracil in patients with hepatic metastases from colorectal cancerW Kern
University Hospital Grosshadern, Department of Medicine III, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munchen, Germany
Ann Oncol 12:599-603. 2001..To determine dose-limiting toxicity (DLT), maximum tolerated dose (MTD), and pharmacokinetics (PK) of oxaliplatin administered as hepatic arterial infusion...
- Tumor angiogenesis after heated lipiodol infusion via the hepatic artery in a rabbit model of VX2 liver cancerWei Cao
Department of Interventional Radiology, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
PLoS ONE 8:e61583. 2013This study aimed to observe the changes in tumor angiogenesis after heated lipiodol (60°C) infusion via the hepatic artery in a rabbit model of VX2 liver cancer.
- Invasion of the hepatic artery is a crucial predictor of poor outcomes in gallbladder carcinomaAkihiko Kobayashi
Departments of Surgery, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8575, Japan
World J Surg 36:645-50. 2012In the present study we undertook a retrospective analysis of gallbladder carcinoma to assess whether histologically determined hepatic artery (HA) invasion and portal vein (PV) invasion can be considered prognostic factors.
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide: differential effects on hepatic artery vs. portal vein endothelial cellsKe Hong Ding
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, CB 2803, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E773-9. 2004..GIP infusion in dogs results in an increase in portal vein circulation but a drop in hepatic artery blood flow...
- Pseudoaneurysm of the cystic artery: a diagnostic dilemma and rare cause of haemobiliaM R Joyce
Ir J Med Sci 175:81. 2006
- Hepatic arterial infusion (HAI) with PEGylated liposomes containing 5-FU improves tumor control of liver metastases in a rat modelUwe Pohlen
Department of General, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200, Berlin, Germany
Invest New Drugs 30:927-35. 2012..To investigate the cytostatic effect of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) encapsulated in polyethylene glycol (PEG) liposomes with or without degradable starch microspheres (DSM) in a long-term trial using a rat liver tumor model...
- The implications of the presence of an aberrant right hepatic artery in patients undergoing a pancreaticoduodenectomyAsif Jah
Department of Hepatobiliary and Transplant Surgery, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK
Surg Today 39:669-74. 2009An aberrant right hepatic artery (ARHA) is a common anomaly and its implications for patients undergoing a pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) have not yet been previously reported...
- Combined endovascular repair of a celiac trunk aneurysm using celiac-splenic stent graft and hepatic artery embolizationGiampaolo Carrafiello
Department of Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Varese University Hospital, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:352-4. 2010..case of a 70-year-old man who sought care for a celiac trunk aneurysm close to the hepatosplenic bifurcation managed endovascularly by using a combined treatment of celiac-splenic stent-graft implantation and hepatic artery embolization.
- Does variant hepatic artery anatomy in a liver transplant recipient increase the risk of hepatic artery complications after transplantation?Kousei Ishigami
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Dr, 3885 JPP, Iowa City, IA 52242 1077, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:1577-84. 2004Our aim was to determine whether variant hepatic artery anatomy in a liver transplant recipient increases the risk of hepatic artery complications after liver transplantation.
- Laparoscopic common hepatic artery ligation and staging followed by distal pancreatectomy with en bloc resection of celiac artery for advanced pancreatic cancerV Raut
Department of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery and Transplantation, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Asian J Endosc Surg 4:199-202. 2011..Resection of advanced cancer along with en bloc resection of a common hepatic artery and celiac trunk enables a "curative" resections and only possible treatment...
- Celiac axis and common hepatic artery variations in 5002 patients: systematic analysis with spiral CT and DSASoon Young Song
Department of Radiology, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Hanyang University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Radiology 255:278-88. 2010To identify and evaluate the spectrum and prevalence of celiac axis (CA) and common hepatic artery (CHA) variations by using spiral computed tomography (CT) and digital subtraction angiography (DSA).
- Microsurgical reconstruction of hepatic artery in living donor liver transplantation: experiences and lessonsSheng Yan
Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Ministry of Public Health and Key Laboratory of Organ Transplantation Zhejiang Province, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:575-80. 2009b>Hepatic artery (HA) reconstruction is one of the key steps for living donor liver transplantation (LDLT)...
- Patient-specific dosimetry calculations using mathematic models of different anatomic sizes during therapy with 111In-DTPA-D-Phe1-octreotide infusions after catheterization of the hepatic arteryDimitrios K Kontogeorgakos
Radiology Department, Nuclear Medicine Division, Aretaieion University Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Nucl Med 47:1476-82. 2006..The aim of the study was to provide dosimetric data on intrahepatic (111)In-diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid (DTPA)-D-Phe(1)-octreotide therapy for neuroendocrine tumors with overexpression of somatostatin receptors...
- Hepatic arterial infusion of doxorubicin-loaded microsphere for treatment of hepatocellular cancer: a multi-institutional registryRobert C G Martin
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Am Coll Surg 213:493-500. 2011..The aim of this study was to confirm the efficacy of DEBDOX for the treatment of unresectable HCC...
- Hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm associated with cholecystitis that ruptured into the gallbladderTomotaka Akatsu
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 39:900-3. 2004Pseudoaneurysm of the hepatic artery due to cholecystitis may be very rare, and in our survey of the literature, the present case report is the first case of such a pseudoaneurysm...
- Hepatic artery embolization for treatment of patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia and symptomatic hepatic vascular malformationsAjay Chavan
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:2079-85. 2004..We present the results of a prospective study with 15 consecutive patients who were treated with staged hepatic artery embolization (HAE)...
- Superiority of hepatic arterial infusion in preventing catabolism of 5-FU compared with portal vein infusion revealed by an in vivo 19F NMR studyK Okuno
First Department of Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 42:341-4. 1998..The aim of this study was to identify the route of administration of 5-FU with the greatest pharmacological advantage in a rat model using non-invasive in vivo 19F nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy...
- Hepatic artery hemodynamics suggest operation of a buffer response in the human fetusCathrine Ebbing
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway
Reprod Sci 15:166-78. 2008After birth, the hepatic artery buffer response helps to maintain liver perfusion...
- Management of a traumatic hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm and arterioportal fistula with a combination of a stent graft and coil embolization using flow control with balloon remodelingAndrew S Flum
Section of Pediatric Surgery, CS Mott Children s Hospital, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:e31-6. 2009We describe a child who presented with a traumatic hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm and arterioportal fistula, which were subsequently managed with an endovascular stent graft and coil embolization using flow control with balloon remodeling...
- [Role of anatomic variations and methods of hepatic artery reconstruction in the incidence of thrombosis following liver transplantation]D Proposito
Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale, ,
Ann Ital Chir 72:303-14; discussion 314-5. 2001AIM: The aim of this study was to investigate the incidence of anatomic variations of hepatic artery (HA) in order to evaluate if anatomical anomalies may be associated with an increased incidence of hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT) after ..
- Late acute celiac and hepatic artery thrombosis with portal vein thrombosis resulting in hepatic infarction 12 years post orthotopic liver transplantationMazhar Haque
Division of Gastroenterology, University of British Columbia, British Columbia Transplant Society, BC, Canda
Ann Hepatol 8:396-9. 2009b>Hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT) is relatively infrequent, but possibly a devastating complication of orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT). It often requires urgent retransplantation...
- Successful treatment of an iatrogenic right hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm and stenosis with a stent graftJared R Hylton
Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, Calif 95817, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:1510-3. 2010A 53-year-old woman presented with an iatrogenic right hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm after a laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- High prevalence of hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia in subjects with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaElisabetta Buscarini
Gastroenterology Department, Ospedale Maggiore, Crema, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:1089-97. 2004..Prevalence of FNH in patients with HHT is far greater than that reported in the general population; Doppler US role in its diagnosis and follow-up is highlighted...
- Hepatic vascular malformations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaSakib Karim Khalid
Section of Digestive Diseases, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Semin Liver Dis 28:247-58. 2008..patterns of abnormal vascular communications can occur in liver: portal vein to hepatic vein (portovenous), hepatic artery to hepatic vein (arteriovenous) and hepatic artery to portal vein (arterioportal), with the most common being ..
- Hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm following laparoscopic cholecystectomyValerie Chigot
Department of Medical Imaging, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 33:24-6. 2003..The authors describe a hepatic pseudoaneurysm following laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a child. It arose from a hepatic artery that was ligated during surgery and was supplied by collaterals from the superior right branch...
- Hemodynamic profile and tissular oxygenation in orthotopic liver transplantation: Influence of hepatic artery or portal vein revascularization of the graftCarlos Moreno
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Liver Transpl 12:1607-14. 2006..In 30 patients, revascularization was started through the hepatic artery (i.e...
- Rare case of the inferior mesenteric artery and the common hepatic artery arising from the superior mesenteric arteryTokuji Osawa
Department of Oral Anatomy I, Iwate Medical University School of Dentistry, Morioka, Iwate, Japan
Clin Anat 17:518-21. 2004We found a case in which inferior mesenteric artery and the common hepatic artery arose from the superior mesenteric artery, forming the common hepatomesenteric trunk, during a routine dissection carried out at Iwate Medical University in ..
- Liver involvement in a large cohort of patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: echo-color-Doppler vs multislice computed tomography studyPaolo Buonamico
Unit of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, Interdepartmental HHT Centre, University of Bari Policlinico, Piazza Giulio Cesare 11, Bari, Italy
J Hepatol 48:811-20. 2008..This single-blind study aimed to compare the diagnostic accuracy of echo-color-Doppler with MSCT and identify the most sensitive ultrasound criteria indicating hepatic shunts...
- Doppler ultrasonographic grading of hepatic vascular malformations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia -- results of extensive screeningE Buscarini
Gastroenterology Department, Ospedale Maggiore, Crema, Italy
Ultraschall Med 25:348-55. 2004..Thereafter, Doppler US has been routinely used to screen HHT families for liver involvement. Hepatic VMs were evaluated and classified on the basis of Doppler US findings...
- The hepatic artery in liver transplantation and surgery: vascular anomalies in 701 casesS Gruttadauria
European Medical Division, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Transplant 15:359-63. 2001..The arterial anatomy was anomalous in 296 out of 701 cases with an overall incidence of hepatic artery anomalies of 42.22%...
- Further investigation of endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF) in rat hepatic artery: studies using 1-EBIO and ouabainG Edwards
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, U K
Br J Pharmacol 128:1064-70. 19991. The characteristics of endothelium-dependent hyperpolarization in rat hepatic artery have been further investigated in the presence of inhibitors of cyclo-oxygenase and nitric oxide synthase. 2...
- Doppler ultrasound findings in the hepatic artery shortly after liver transplantationAngeles García-Criado
Department of Radiology, Clinic Hospital of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:128-35. 2009The purpose of this article is to describe the Doppler waveform findings in the hepatic artery in the early posttransplantation period, both in the absence and presence of arterial complications.
- Metabolic, cardiovascular, and acid-base status after hepatic artery or portal vein reperfusion during orthotopic liver transplantationTimothy S Walsh
Department of Clinical and Surgical SciencesRoyal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Scotland
Liver Transpl 8:537-44. 2002..After anecdotal observations that patients who underwent reperfusion first through the hepatic artery were more hemodynamically stable, we performed an exploratory, prospective, observational, nonrandomized study ..
- Transhepatic balloon dilation of anastomotic biliary strictures in liver transplant recipients: the significance of a patent hepatic arteryWael E A Saad
Section of Vascular Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 648, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:1221-8. 2005To determine the significance of hepatic artery steno-occlusive disease on the patency of anastomotic biliary strictures in liver transplant recipients after transhepatic balloon dilation.
- Influence of hepatic artery occlusion on tumor growth and metastatic potential in a human orthotopic hepatoma nude mouse model: relevance of epithelial-mesenchymal transitionLiang Liu
Liver Cancer Institute and Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Cancer Sci 101:120-8. 2010b>Hepatic artery ligation (HAL), transarterial embolization (TAE), and transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) have been treatment choices for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm: a report of seven cases and a review of the literatureDavid S Finley
Department of Surgery, Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreas Surgery, University of California, Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Surg Today 35:543-7. 2005To analyze seven cases of hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm (HAP) encountered at our hospital and review the relevant literature.
- Increased risk of graft loss from hepatic artery thrombosis after liver transplantation with older donorsZoe A Stewart
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Liver Transpl 15:1688-95. 2009b>Hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT) is the most common vascular complication after liver transplantation; it has been reported to occur in 2% to 5% of liver transplant recipients...
- A Microfluidic-platform Mini-Liver System for Human Liver Biology StudiesHONGSEOK M NOH; Fiscal Year: 2010..The liver receives blood from the hepatic portal vein and the hepatic artery. The hepatic portal vein carries blood from the intestines, pancreas, spleen and gallbladder and exposes the ..
- Transcriptional Control of Liver DevelopmentJoshua Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2009..The third specific aim will expand the focus to include the later stages of bile duct and hepatic artery development through the derivation of a transgenic mouse line allowing the analysis of ductal plate and ..
- Imaging for Y90 Microscphere SIRT PlanningAnthony J McGoron; Fiscal Year: 2012..patients with primary and metastatic liver cancer because the primary blood supply to liver tumors is from the hepatic artery while the majority of the blood supply to the normal liver is from the portal vein...
- Applications of Core-Shell Ti02 NanoconjugatesGayle E Woloschak; Fiscal Year: 2013..the rabbit VX2 tumor model resembles human disease in that it has the disease- characteristic vasculature (the hepatic artery delivers blood to the tumor), and there exists the possibility of using a catheter to deliver therapeutics...
- Cell transplantation and inflammationSanjeev Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2013..in liver sinusoids, transplanted hepatocytes engrafted in liver parenchyma, whereas after injection into the hepatic artery, transplanted hepatocytes were promptly destroyed...
- See, Reach, Treat Tumor-Optimized Transarterial Chemoembolization Drug DeliveryMingDe Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given the fact that liver cancer (primary and metastatic) is primarily supplied by the hepatic artery and is generally confined to the liver, drug delivery directly into the hepatic artery has been shown to be ..
- Targeted Transcatheter Magneto-Mechanical Therapy for Hepatocellular CarcinomaDong Hyun Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..In vivo targeting efficiency via transcatheter hepatic artery injection will be studied with MRI quantification and histological measurements in an HCC rat model...
- IMAGING TRANSGENE EXPRESSION IN GENE THERAPY PROTOCOLSRonald Blasberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..protocol where a replication restricted Herpes Simple Virus type-1 (mHSV1; G207 or R7020) is injected into the hepatic artery to induce selective cytolysis of dividing tumor cells (hepatic metastases)...
- HDAd-mediated gene therapy for hemophilia BNicola Brunetti Pierri; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 2 we will investigate the safety and efficacy of balloon catheter-assisted delivery of HDAd into the hepatic artery of the clinically relevant hemophilia B dog model, and in Specific Aim 3 we will investigate this method in ..
- Recovery /preservation of donation cardiac death liversMark Clemens; Fiscal Year: 2006..The scale-up system will include oxygenation and dual flow controlled perfusion to the portal vein and hepatic artery to improve flow homogeneity...
- HEPATIC MECHANISM FOR CONTROL OF FOOD INTAKEMark Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..to determine whether: 1) the difference in glucose concentration in the blood vessels supplying the liver (hepatic artery and hepatic portal vein) generates a satiety signal; 2) the sensory neurons in the vagus nerves mediate the ..
- Immunoembolization of the Hepatic Artery with (GM-CSF)Takami Sato; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have developed a novel treatment for liver metastasis; Immunoembolization of the hepatic artery with granulocyte-macrophage colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF)...
- 18F FUDR STUDIES IN REGIONAL CHEMOTHERAPYElin Sigurdson; Fiscal Year: 1990..of this project are to characterized the distribution, extraction and retention of FUdR administered via the hepatic artery for treatment of patients with isolated unresectable colorectal hepatic metastases...
- REGIONAL CHEMOTHERAPY OF LIVER METASTASIS--COLON CANCERJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 1991..approximately 125/year) who either have surgical resection of metastatic colorectal cancer in the liver or hepatic artery catheters/implantable pump placed, to allow these clinical studies to be done in a single institution...
- FDG PET IMAGING OF COLON CARCINOMA RESPONSE TO THERAPYMichael Graham; Fiscal Year: 2001..response of metastatic colorectal or primary liver tumors to non-resectional forms of therapy, including trans-hepatic artery embolization (TAE), cryosurgical ablation, ethanol injection, and TAE followed by ethanol injection...
- Phase I clinical trial of viral oncolysis of liver tumo*Kenneth Tanabe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed clinical trial is a phase I study of 4 weekly administrations of rRp450 into the hepatic artery of study subjects with unresectable primary or secondary liver tumors...
- THERAPY OF HEPATIC METASTASES FROM COLORECTAL CARCINOMANancy Kemeny; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cryosurgery and newer hepatic arterial therapies are therapeutic modalities that can be used in patients in whom liver resection is impossible. ..
- MRI Quantification & Display of Hepatic Fat in Hepatitis C & NAFLD PatientsHero Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2008..We are proposing to explore whether a non-invasive imaging technique (magnetic resonance spectroscopy) can be used to provide a more accurate and informative method to study these patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytokine Inhibition in Hepatocellular CarcinomaJonathan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Pathophysiological Interpretations of Dynamic PET/CT of Molecular Liver BiologySusanne Keiding; Fiscal Year: 2010..Models for determining tracer input from the portal vein and the hepatic artery (dual input function) and microcirculation of the liver are investigated with 11 CO-PET and contrast-CT in ..
- INJURY TO LIVER SINUSOIDAL ENDOTHELIAL CELLSSteven Strasberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..A potentially beneficial improvements in preservation solutions are identified they will be tested in whole isolated livers and by transplantation in the rat. ..
- Natural Killer Dendritic Cells in Listeria InfectionRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Non-Viral Vectors for Liver Gene TransferFeng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The therapeutic effects on the metabolic disease on phenylketonuria (PKU) mice, will be examined after the PAH gene transfer using the approach in this proposal. ..
- Vaccination with Regulatory T Cell DepletionMichael Morse; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future studies will assess whether the greater magnitude and durability of the CEA-specific immune responses will translate into a long-term clinical benefit. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI Evaluation of Acute Renal Transplant DysfunctionVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..At its conclusion, our study has a high likelihood of showing that functional MR renography for differentiating intrinsic renal diseases, will be an accurate tool for acute renal transplant dysfunction. ..
- Mechanisms of Shear-Regulated Vein Graft RemodelingScott Berceli; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insight into these signaling pathways, in combination with development of these powerful gene inhibition techniques, offers the potential for direct application to the clinical setting. ..
- Novel TNF Chimeric Vector for Treatment of Pancreatic CancerTony Reid; Fiscal Year: 2008..To improve therapeutic efficacy, we have developed a stabilized form of TNF that cannot be released from the surface of the tumor cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CT Monitoring of AngiogenesisBenjamin M Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanism of Action of Folate AntagonistJoseph Bertino; Fiscal Year: 2008..The use of MEF cells null for p53, p19 ARF and both will be utilized to test in a more well defined system the function of these proteins on DHFR levels. ..
- Anaerobic Bacteria as Therapeutic Agents for Metastatic CancerSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FLEX TM microPET/SPECT/CT to Support Cancer Research at Harvard Medical SchoolJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HEPATIC INSULIN GENE EXPRESSION IN IDDMSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2001..Successful conduct of the proposed research will lead to the development of a novel modality for adjuvant treatment of IDDM in humans. ..
- Clinical Application of Image Guided Liver SurgeryWilliam Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2005..D., in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and other members within the center for Technology-Guided Therapy at Vanderbilt. ..
- Magnetic Resonance Renography:Validation StudiesVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- STI571 Therapy for Gastrointestinal Stromal TumorsRonald DeMatteo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results are essential to advance our understanding of GIST biology and determine the therapeutic value and limitations of STI571. ..
- DEXASOME BASED IMMUNOTHERAPY OF LUNG CANCERMichael Morse; Fiscal Year: 2002..This clinical trial will form the background for further trials designed to demonstrate both immunology and clinical benefits of dexosome-based immunotherapy. ..
- Genetic Reconstitution for PhenylketonuriaSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF FORMATION OF HEPATIC METASTASESJonathan Kruskal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will allow identification of a series of in vivo steps that can be used to explore novel diagnostic and therapeutic probes in animal studies. ..
- Carbohydrate Metabolism in Late PregnancyMary Moore; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary studies in the pregnant dog model in fact suggest that multiple counterregulatory mechanisms are altered by pregnancy. ..
- Antiretroviral Therapy, Endothelial Dysfunction and AtherosclerosisTammy R Dugas; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed work will thus be of clinical benefit in devising ways in which to better treat HIV-infected individuals. ..
- LOW-MOLECULAR WEIGHT LIGANDS FOR PROSTATE CANCERJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2003..We believe that prostate- specific, low-molecular weight ligands will someday be clinically useful reagents for improved prostate cancer detection and guided therapy. ..
- MOLECULAR IMAGING OF ADVANCED BLADDER CANCERJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2002..We believe that bladder cancer-specific, low-molecular weight ligands will someday be clinically useful reagents for improved detection and guided therapy of transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. ..
- COMPREHENSIVE MR EVALUATION OF RENOVASCULAR DISEASEVivian Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Phase I Clinical Translation Trial of Oncolytic rVSV-F Virotherapy for HCCSavio L Woo; Fiscal Year: 2010..modified fusogenic membrane glycoprotein of the Newcastle disease virus (rVSV-F) and showed that through hepatic artery infusion, it infected and replicated extensively in multi-focal HCC lesions pre-established in the livers of ..
- MOLECULAR MARKERS OF PROGNOSIS IN COLON CANCERRobert Warren; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Suppression of Hepatic Gluconeogenesis in IDDMSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2004..The research proposed in this project can potentially lead to development of an effective and safe adjuvant treatment to complement insulin therapy and significantly improve glycemic control in patients with IDDM. ..
- Objective Flap Assessment During Reconstructive SurgeryJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2009..With the completion of these studies, we foresee being able to solve major clinical problems in reconstructive surgery using real-time, intraoperative objective assessment. ..
- Near-Infrared Quantum Dots for In Vivo ImagingJOHN FRANGIONI; Fiscal Year: 2006..If completed, the specific aims of this proposal will generate a clinically useful set of contrast agents, and a more complete understanding of the in vivo behavior of fluorescent semiconductor nanocrystals. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell type gene delivery and alcoholic liver diseaseMichael Wheeler; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, through didactic training, and interactions with his mentor and key faculty, the applicant will acquire new skills that will allow him to become a successful member of the alcohol research community. ..
- Magnetic Catheter Navigation in 1.5 Tesla EnvironmentMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, the prototype created in this project would be reproducible and behave predictably under a given set of conditions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vector Core Production Facility at Mount SinaiSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- INTERLEUKIN 6 AND HUMAN BILIARY EPITHELIAL PROLIFERATIONAnthony Demetris; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Randomized trial of doxorubicin beads for arterial embolization of hepatocellularKaren Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study is designed to determine the incremental value of arterial chemotherapy, as well as to validate an automated imaging method of assessing response to treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ariol SL-50 Workstation and Review StationsMARY WASHINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2005..An additional benefit is the ease of data sharing among groups, facilitating interactions among investigators and promoting inter-SPORE collaborations. ..
- Improved Suicide Gene Therapy for Hepatic CancersWilliam Ensminger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Anaerobic Bacteria as Oncopathic Agents for Pancreatic CancerSavio Woo; Fiscal Year: 2009..Anaerobic bacteria can target the hypoxic cores in tumors that will be complementary to chemotherapy, such that the outcome of combination treatment will be superior to chemotherapy alone. ..
- Therapy for Liver Cancer by Targeting Energy MetabolismJean Francois Geschwind; Fiscal Year: 2007..In subsequent in-vivo studies, a single bolus injection of 3-bromopyruvate via the hepatic artery directly into rabbit implanted liver tumors caused over 90% tumor destruction without any toxicity to the ..