Genomes and Genes
Summary: The portion of the descending aorta proceeding from the arch of the aorta and extending to the DIAPHRAGM, eventually connecting to the ABDOMINAL AORTA.
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Puerarin decreases serum total cholesterol and enhances thoracic aorta endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression in diet-induced hypercholesterolemic ratsLi Ping Yan
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Life Sci 79:324-30. 2006..Whether puerarin targets directly on cholesterol homeostasis or both cholesterol homeostasis and endothelial function remains to be determined...
- Extensive primary repair of the thoracic aorta in acute type a aortic dissection by means of ascending aorta replacement combined with open placement of triple-branched stent graft: early resultsLiang Wan Chen
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Union Hospital, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, Fujian, China
Circulation 122:1373-8. 2010To simplify extensive primary repair of the thoracic aorta in acute type A aortic dissection, we developed the open triple-branched stent graft placement technique. The early results of this new technique are reported.
- Vasodilative effects of urocortin II via protein kinase A and a mitogen-activated protein kinase in rat thoracic aortaKazunori Kageyama
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 42:561-5. 2003..III, in addition to urocortin, produces vasodilation as a candidate for natural ligands of CRF R2beta in rat thoracic aorta. Involvement of protein kinases on urocortin-induced vasodilation was also explored...
- Mobile thrombus of the thoracic aorta: diagnosis and treatment in 9 casesE M Choukroun
Service de chirurgie cardiaque et vasculaire, Hopital Cardiologique du Haut Leveque, 33604 Pessac Cedex, France
Ann Vasc Surg 16:714-22. 2002Detection of mobile thrombus of the thoracic aorta has become increasingly common thanks to routine exploration using transesophageal echography (TEE) after any embolic event...
- Dilation of the pulmonary autograft after the Ross procedureT E David
Divisions of Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiology of Toronto General Hospital and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 119:210-20. 2000..Dilation of pulmonary autograft after the Ross procedure is being recognized with increasing frequency. This study was undertaken to examine the extent of this problem and factors that may be associated with it...
- Repetitive fluctuations in blood glucose enhance monocyte adhesion to the endothelium of rat thoracic aortaKosuke Azuma
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2275-80. 2006..The aim of this study was to elucidate the effect of repetitive fluctuations in blood glucose concentrations on monocyte adhesion to the aortic endothelium...
- Comparing coronary artery calcium and thoracic aorta calcium for prediction of all-cause mortality and cardiovascular events on low-dose non-gated computed tomography in a high-risk population of heavy smokersPeter C Jacobs
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 209:455-62. 2010Coronary artery calcium (CAC) and thoracic aorta calcium (TAC) can be detected simultaneously on low-dose, non-gated computed tomography (CT) scans. CAC has been shown to predict cardiovascular (CVD) and coronary (CHD) events...
- Vascular matrix remodeling in patients with bicuspid aortic valve malformations: implications for aortic dilatationPaul W M Fedak
Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto and Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:797-806. 2003..In bicuspid aortic valve disease a deficiency of fibrillin-1 and increased matrix metalloproteinase matrix degradation might result in aortic degeneration and dilatation...
- Thoracic aortic emergencies: impact of endovascular surgeryGabriele Iannelli
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 77:591-6. 2004..contained or free rupture of thoracic aortic aneurysms, acute type B dissections, and traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta, is frequently associated with a high rate of mortality and morbidity...
- Trends in vascular ring surgeryCarl L Backer
Division of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery, Children s Memorial Hospital, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:1339-47. 2005....
- 3D MR flow analysis in realistic rapid-prototyping model systems of the thoracic aorta: comparison with in vivo data and computational fluid dynamics in identical vessel geometriesC Canstein
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Medical Physics, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Magn Reson Med 59:535-46. 2008..A comprehensive analysis of the hemodynamics in the thoracic aorta is presented based on the integration of flow-sensitive 4D MRI with state-of-the-art rapid prototyping ..
- Pathology of the thoracic aorta: a morphologic review of 338 surgical specimens over a 7-year periodGabriella Nesi
Department of Pathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Cardiovasc Pathol 18:134-9. 2009A total of 338 surgical specimens of the thoracic aorta were studied morphologically...
- Cholesterol diet and effect of long-term withdrawal on plaque development and composition in the thoracic aorta of New Zealand White rabbitsKaren Riedmüller
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology III, University of Heidelberg, INF 307, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 210:407-13. 2010Experimental study on plaque progression, regression and composition in atherosclerotic thoracic aorta of hypercholesterolemic rabbits after long-term withdrawal of cholesterol-enriched diet (CED).
- Calcification of the thoracic aorta as detected by spiral computed tomography among stable angina pectoris patients: association with cardiovascular events and deathAlon Eisen
Cardiac Rehabilitation Institute, Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Circulation 118:1328-34. 2008Calcification of the thoracic aorta is associated with atherosclerotic risk factors, yet its pathogenesis and clinical implications are not yet elucidated...
- Thoracic aorta calcification detected by electron beam tomography predicts all-cause mortalityRaul D Santos
Lipid Clinic Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Atherosclerosis 209:131-5. 2010..However, the predictive value of thoracic aorta calcification (TAC), which can be additionally identified without further scanning during assessment of CAC, ..
- Matrix metalloproteinase activity in thoracic aortic aneurysms associated with bicuspid and tricuspid aortic valvesJon Boyum
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Fletcher 454, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:686-91. 2004..The objective of this study was to compare the activities of matrix metalloproteinases and levels of their inhibitors in thoracic aneurysms of patients with bicuspid and tricuspid aortic valves...
- Design and synthesis of novel xyloketal derivatives and their vasorelaxing activities in rat thoracic aorta and angiogenic activities in zebrafish angiogenesis screenZhongliang Xu
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, P R China
J Med Chem 53:4642-53. 2010..Therefore, xyloketal derivatives are unique compounds with multiple pharmacological properties and may have potential implications in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases...
- Thoracic aorta--dilated or not?Matias Hannuksela
Department of Surgical and Perioperative Sciences, Heart Center, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Scand Cardiovasc J 40:175-8. 2006..Knowledge of normal aortic diameters is important in the assessment of aortic disease. The aim of this study was to determine normal thoracic aortic diameters...
- In situ replacement of the thoracic aorta using an equine pericardial roll graft for an aortobronchial fistula due to aortic ruptureHiroshi Yamamoto
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita, 010 8543, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:413-7. 2009..hemoptysis and shock who had been diagnosed with thoracic aortic rupture underwent in situ replacement of the thoracic aorta using an equine pericardial roll graft...
- Gene expression changes of prostanoid synthases in endothelial cells and prostanoid receptors in vascular smooth muscle cells caused by aging and hypertensionEva H C Tang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Physiol Genomics 32:409-18. 2008..It is uncertain whether the gene modifications caused by aging and hypertension directly contribute to endothelium-dependent contractions or rather to vascular aging and the vascular complications of the hypertensive process...
- Congenital Heart Surgery Nomenclature and Database Project: vascular rings, tracheal stenosis, pectus excavatumC L Backer
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:S308-18. 2000..A minimum database set is also presented which will allow for data sharing and would lend itself to basic interpretation of trends. Outcome tables relating diagnoses, procedures, and various risk factors are presented...
- Effects of flavonoids on vascular smooth muscle of the isolated rat thoracic aortaMachha Ajay
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Life Sci 74:603-12. 2003..In addition, the relaxant action of the flavonoids includes inhibition of Ca+2 influx and release of Ca+2 from intracellular stores. A structure-activity relationship amongst the flavonoids was suggested...
- Differential distribution and function of hyperpolarization-activated channels in sensory neurons and mechanosensitive fibersThanh N Doan
Rammelkamp Center for Education and Research, MetroHealth Medical Center, and Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
J Neurosci 24:3335-43. 2004..At the sensory receptor terminal, CsCl decreased the threshold pressure for initiation of mechanoreceptor discharge. Therefore, elimination of the I(H) increases excitability of both the soma and the peripheral sensory terminals...
- Unsteady and three-dimensional simulation of blood flow in the human aortic archN Shahcheraghi
Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, Institute for Theoretical Dynamics, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Biomech Eng 124:378-87. 2002..the inner aortic wall in the ascending aorta, but this skewness shifts to the outer wall in the descending thoracic aorta. Within the arch branches, the flow velocities were skewed to the distal walls with flow reversal along the ..
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance parameters of atherosclerotic plaque burden improve discrimination of prior major adverse cardiovascular eventsVenkatesh Mani
Imaging Science Laboratories Translational and Molecular Imaging Institute, Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:10. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine if patients with traditional risk factors and prior MACE had increased cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) plaque burden measures compared to patients with risk factors but no prior events...
- Expression of secretory phospholipase A2s in human atherosclerosis developmentMasayo Kimura-Matsumoto
Department of Pathology, Toho University, School of Medicine, 5 21 16 Ohmori nishi, Ohta ku, Tokyo 143 8540, Japan
Atherosclerosis 196:81-91. 2008..These results indicate that the seven types of sPLA2 are expressed with various patterns in all stages of atherosclerosis development and may play an atherogenic role through degradation of phospholipid...
- Effects of Cudrania tricuspidata water extract on blood pressure and renal functions in NO-dependent hypertensionDae Gill Kang
Department of Herbal Resources, Professional Graduate School of Oriental Medicine, and Medicinal Resources Research Centre, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk, Republic of Korea
Life Sci 70:2599-609. 2002..However, there are no changes in the expression of ecNOS and iNOS of thoracic aorta among the rats of control, L-NAME-treated group, and L-NAME and C. tricuspidata water extract co-treated group...
- Aortoesophageal fistula secondary to stent-graft repair of the thoracic aortaHolger Eggebrecht
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center, University of Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 11:161-7. 2004To report the incidence and management of aortoesophageal fistula (AEF) secondary to endovascular stent-graft repair of the descending thoracic aorta.
- Vasorelaxation of rat thoracic aorta caused by 14-deoxyandrographolideC Y Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 25:424-9. 19981. The pharmacological effects of 14-deoxyandrographolide on rat isolated thoracic aorta were examined. 2. 14-Deoxyandrographolide (2.5-120 mumol/L) inhibited contractions induced by phenylephrine (PE; 0...
- Dilatation of the aorta in pure, severe, bicuspid aortic valve stenosisGareth J Morgan-Hughes
Department of Cardiology, South West Cardiothoracic Centre, Plymouth NHS Trust, Plymouth, United Kingdom
Am Heart J 147:736-40. 2004..We studied the size of the proximal thoracic aorta in patients with BAV undergoing AVR for pure, severe aortic stenosis, looking for dilatation in comparison ..
- Mechanisms underlying vasorelaxant action of astragaloside IV in isolated rat aortic ringsChuan Zhang
Department of Natural Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:387-92. 2007..The endothelium-dependent vessel dilation of astragaloside IV was attributed mainly to the endothelium-dependent NO-cGMP pathway...
- Relationship of carotid distensibility and thoracic aorta calcification: multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisMichael J Blaha
Johns Hopkins Ciccarone Preventive Cardiology Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hypertension 54:1408-15. 2009..b>Thoracic aorta calcification was identified using noncontrast cardiac computed tomography...
- Integrated backscatter and intima-media thickness of the thoracic aorta evaluated by transesophageal echocardiography in hypercholesterolemic patients: effect of pitavastatin therapyKoji Ono
Department of Cardiology, Gifu Prefectural General Medical Center, Gifu, Japan
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:193-200. 2009The effect of a strong, lipophilic statin (pitavastatin) on the thoracic aorta has not yet been elucidated...
- Incomplete circle of Willis and right axillary artery perfusionPäivi Merkkola
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Ann Thorac Surg 82:74-9. 2006..The existence and the diameters of these arteries were studied...
- Unenhanced MR angiography of the thoracic aorta: initial clinical evaluationChristopher J Francois
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:902-6. 2008....
- Assessment of the thoracic aorta by multidetector computed tomography: age- and sex-specific reference values in adults without evident cardiovascular diseaseFay Y Lin
Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10021 USA
J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2:298-308. 2008Dilatation of the aortic root and other segments of the thoracic aorta is important in the pathogenesis of aortic regurgitation and of aortic dissection...
- Cannulation of the innominate artery during surgery of the thoracic aorta: our experience in 55 patientsMarco Di Eusanio
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Santa Maria Hospital, Bari, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:270-3. 2007..recently preferred to the femoral artery to improve neurologic outcome in patients undergoing surgery of the thoracic aorta. In 2004, we started to select the innominate artery as an arterial cannulation site for CPB and antegrade ..
- Stent-graft repair of the thoracic aorta: short-term resultsS Haulon
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, Hopital Cardiologique, CHU de Lille Cedex, France
Ann Vasc Surg 16:700-7. 2002..purpose of this study was to evaluate clinical feasibility and immediate outcome of stent-graft repair of the thoracic aorta. From December 1999 to January 2001, a total of 14 patients underwent stent-graft repair of the thoracic aorta...
- Alpha 2(I) collagen deficient oim mice have altered biomechanical integrity, collagen content, and collagen crosslinking of their thoracic aortaBrent J Pfeiffer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, M743 Medical Science Building, 1 Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Matrix Biol 24:451-8. 2005..The role of increased collagen crosslinks is uncertain; increased crosslinking may represent a compensatory mechanism for the decreased integrity...
- Rapid pacing for better placing: comparison of techniques for precise deployment of endografts in the thoracic aortaChristoph A Nienaber
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Rostock, Rostock School of Medicine, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 14:506-12. 2007..To investigate the safety, efficacy, impact on positioning, and neurocognitive outcomes of 3 conceptually different methods of avoiding the "windsock" effect during thoracic stent-graft placement...
- Endothelium-independent vasorelaxant effect of sodium ferulate on rat thoracic aortaGuo Ping Chen
Institute of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, Zhejiang, China
Life Sci 84:81-8. 2009..This study was designed to investigate the effects of sodium ferulate (SF) on rat isolated thoracic aortas and the possible mechanisms...
- Involvement of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases in regulating angiotensin II- and endothelin-1-induced contraction of rat thoracic aortaAkira Ishihata
Department of Physiology I, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2, Iida Nishi, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 445:247-56. 2002..These results suggest that the activation of genistein-sensitive tyrosine kinases and p44/42 MAP kinases is involved in the angiotensin II- and endothelin-1-induced rat aortic contraction...
- CT angiography of the thoracic aortaJonathan H Chung
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 48:249-64, vii. 2010..This article reviews the MDCT appearance of various thoracic aortic diseases...
- Fate of aneurysms of the distal arch and proximal descending thoracic aorta after transaortic endovascular Stent-GraftingTaijiro Sueda
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 76:84-9; discussion 89. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the midterm results of transaortic stent-grafting for distal aortic arch aneurysms or proximal descending aortic aneurysms and the feasibility of this method for thoracic aortic aneurysm repair...
- Vascular effects of caffeic acid phenethyl ester (CAPE) on isolated rat thoracic aortaCarla Cicala
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Life Sci 73:73-80. 2003..Indeed, at high concentrations, CAPE vasorelaxant effect occurs also in absence of endothelium and it is likely due to an inhibitory effect on calcium movements through cell membranes...
- Repair of aortoesophageal fistula due to a penetrating atherosclerotic ulcer of the descending thoracic aorta and literature reviewGuruvegowda Chandrashekar
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mallya Hospital, Bangalore 560001, India
J Cardiothorac Surg 2:12. 2007..We present a case of rupture of a penetrating atherosclerotic ulcer of descending thoracic aorta, where in an emergency surgery was performed and the patient is doing well 21 months later.
- Orthogonal measurement of thoracic aorta luminal diameter using ECG-gated high-resolution contrast-enhanced MR angiographyWilliam R Bireley
Department of Radiology, Cardiovascular Imaging, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1480-5. 2007..To compare orthogonal measurements of the thoracic aortic luminal diameter to standard axial measurements within the same patient population using ECG-gated high-resolution contrast-enhanced MR angiography (CE-MRA)...
- Vasorelaxant effect of the flavonoid galangin on isolated rat thoracic aortaSilvana Morello
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Life Sci 78:825-30. 2006....
- Beneficial effect of pentaerythrityl tetranitrate on functional and morphological changes in the rat thoracic aorta evoked by long-term nitric oxide synthase inhibitionJozef Torok
Institute of Normal and Pathological Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Sienkiewiczova 1, 813 71 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Vascul Pharmacol 38:177-82. 2002..exogenous donor of nitric oxide (NO), could attenuate functional and morphological changes in the rat thoracic aorta evoked by 6-week NO synthase inhibition by NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME)...
- Endovascular treatment (EVT) of acute traumatic lesions of the descending thoracic aorta--7 years' experienceK H Orend
Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Ulm, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:666-72. 2007To present a single centers' 7-year experience in the endovascular treatment of acute traumatic lesions of the descending thoracic aorta (ATL of the DTA).
- Intracranial arterial dolichoectasia is associated with enlarged descending thoracic aortaF Pico
Department of Neurology, Mignot Versailles Hospital, Versailles, France
Neurology 63:2016-21. 2004..The pathophysiology is unknown; some data suggest that IADE is not merely a complication of atherosclerosis, but a distinct arteriopathy characterized by loss of elastic tissue in the media...
- Penetrating atherosclerotic ulcer of the descending thoracic aorta and archKwang Ree Cho
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1393-9; discussion 1399-1401. 2004..The clinical behavior of penetrating atherosclerotic ulcers of the aorta is controversial. We reviewed our experience with this entity over a 25-year interval...
- Late embolization of Amplatzer patent ductus arteriosus occlusion device with thoracic aorta embedmentDavid Michael McMullan
Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20010, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 83:1177-9. 2007..Angiography confirmed that the occlusion device had migrated to the descending thoracic aorta. The child underwent surgical removal of the device, which was firmly embedded in the aorta and could not be ..
- Gomisin A from Schisandra chinensis induces endothelium-dependent and direct relaxation in rat thoracic aortaJi Young Park
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, and MRC for Ischemic Tissue Regeneration and Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
Planta Med 73:1537-42. 2007..In the endothelium (ED)-intact rings of rat thoracic aorta, GA (1 x 10 (-6) to 3 x 10 (-4) M) caused a concentration-dependent relaxation which was markedly attenuated ..
- Aortic dilatation and dissection in Turner syndromeLea Ann Matura
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Circulation 116:1663-70. 2007..It is unknown whether aortic dilatation precedes acute aortic dissection in TS and, if so, what specific diameter predicts impending deterioration...
- Phenotype modulation in cultures of vascular smooth muscle cells from diabetic rats: association with increased nitric oxide synthase expression and superoxide anion generationAssunta Pandolfi
Dipartimento di Biomorfologia, Universita di Chieti, Italy
J Cell Physiol 196:378-85. 2003....
- Hydroxyl radical mediates the augmented angiotensin II responses in thoracic aorta of spontaneously hypertensive ratsAaishwarya B Deshmukh
Department of Pharmacology, S K Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Kherva, India
Pharmacology 79:122-8. 2007To investigate the role of hydroxyl radical in augmented angiotensin II (Ang II) responses in the thoracic aorta of spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR).
- Endovascular therapy of a symptomatic mobile thrombus of the thoracic aortaT Luebke
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:550-2. 2008The therapeutic strategies of a mobile luminal thrombus of the descending thoracic aorta with peripheral arterial embolization remain a matter of debate.
- Selenium restores defective beta-adrenergic receptor response of thoracic aorta in diabetic ratsEsma N Zeydanli
Department of Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 338:191-201. 2010..Such an observation provides evidence for potential therapeutic usage of selenium compounds for the amelioration of vascular disorders in diabetes...
- Totally videoendoscopic descending thoracic aorta-to-femoral artery bypassSumio Fukui
Department of Vascular Surgery, Clinique Alleray Labrouste, Paris, France
J Vasc Surg 51:1560-3. 2010Descending thoracic aorta to femoral artery bypass is an effective and safe procedure for the treatment of aortoiliac occlusive disease when an approach to the abdominal aorta is undesirable...
- Transthoracic ultrasound approach of thoracic aorta in critically ill patients with lung consolidationThomas Barbry
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Reanimation Chirurgicale Pierre Viars, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Crit Care 21:203-8. 2006..We hypothesize that lung consolidation of upper and lower lobes, by opening an acoustic window, may allow the ultrasound examination of the thoracic aorta.
- Aortic distensibility associates with increased ascending thoracic aorta diameter and left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in patients with coronary artery ectasiaHelen Triantafyllidi
Second Department of Cardiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Attikon Hospital, 83 Agiou Ioannou Theologou, Holargos, 155 61 Athens, Greece
Heart Vessels 25:187-94. 2010..We suggest that coronary ectasia is not an isolated lesion but a reflection of a generalized vascular media defect, and should not be recognized as a benign entity...
- His-Arg-Trp potently attenuates contracted tension of thoracic aorta of Sprague-Dawley rats through the suppression of extracellular Ca2+ influxMitsuru Tanaka
Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School of Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 812 8581, Japan
Peptides 30:1502-7. 2009..Thus, our results suggest that HRW caused vasodilation action via an endothelium-independent mechanism which probably involves the suppression of extracellular Ca2+ influx through voltage-gated l-type Ca2+ channel...
- Traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta: ten years of delayed managementDavide Pacini
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:880-4. 2005Traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta is a highly fatal condition in which patient outcome is strongly conditioned by other associated injuries. Delayed aortic treatment has been proposed to improve results.
- Analysis of fluorescent MRI contrast agent behavior in the liver and thoracic aorta of miceEdmond Kahn
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 494, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 26:233-8. 2004..To characterize the behavior of magnetofluorescent products injected in mice intravenously...
- Aortic arch anomaliesPaul M Weinberg
The Cardiac Center, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:633-43. 2006..Examples of four major aortic arch types--left aortic arch, right aortic arch, double aortic arch and persistent fifth aortic--with most of their variations are demonstrated...
- Dilation of the thoracic aorta: medical and surgical managementP Nataf
Cardiovascular Surgery Unit, Bichat Hospital, APHP Paris, France
Heart 92:1345-52. 2006
- Endothelium-independent vasodilation effect of di- and tri-peptides in thoracic aorta of Sprague-Dawley ratsMitsuru Tanaka
Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School of Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 812 8581, Japan
Life Sci 82:869-75. 2008..The present study also suggests that the binding site of WH to the Ca2+ channel may be competitive to that of phenylalkylamine-type voltage-gated L-type Ca2+ channel blocker...
- Single-stage transmediastinal replacement of the ascending, arch, and descending thoracic aortaT M Beaver
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0286, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 72:1232-8. 2001Aneurysms of the ascending, arch, and descending thoracic aorta are typically managed with two operations...
- A comparative analysis of open and endovascular repair for the ruptured descending thoracic aortaHimanshu J Patel
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA
J Vasc Surg 50:1265-70. 2009Successful repair of the ruptured (non-traumatic) descending thoracic aorta (rTA) remains a formidable clinical challenge. Although effective for rTA, traditional open repair (DTAR) has significant associated morbidity...
- Evaluation of the diameter of the proximal descending thoracic aorta with age: implications for thoracic aortic stent graftingMichael C Hartley
Academic Department of Surgery, Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 23:639-44. 2009Long-term anatomical changes of the thoracic aorta which may affect long-term outcome of blunt aortic injuries treated with endovascular stent grafts are unknown...
- Computed tomography evaluation of traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta: an outcome studyJennifer D Ellis
Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC
Can Assoc Radiol J 58:22-6. 2007..corrected] To assess the long-term outcome of blunt trauma patients with suspected thoracic aortic or great vessel injury that was evaluated with contrast-enhanced chest computed tomography (CT)...
- Alcohol induces relaxation of rat thoracic aorta and mesenteric arterial bedXiao Chen Ru
Department of Physiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, 388 Yuhangtang Road, Hangzhou 310058, China
Alcohol Alcohol 43:537-43. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of alcohol on rat artery and its underlying mechanism...
- Vasorelaxant effect of euxanthone in the rat thoracic aortaLian Hua Fang
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Vascul Pharmacol 45:96-101. 2006This study was undertaken to investigate the effect of euxanthone on isolated rat thoracic aorta. Euxanthone concentration-dependently relaxed high K+-induced sustained contractions with IC50 values of 32.28+/-1...
- Spontaneous rupture of the thoracic aortaH Yokoyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 70:683-9. 2000Spontaneous rupture of the thoracic aorta without trauma, aneurysm, or dissection is an extremely rare but catastrophic disorder. Two cases of spontaneous aortic rupture are presented, both treated surgically with satisfactory results.
- A simulated dye method for flow visualization with a computational model for blood flowT Kim
Department of Mathematics, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Biomech 37:1125-36. 2004..Moreover, this method could be useful in investigating the influence of flow and geometry on the local introduction of medication...
- Investigation of pulsatile flowfield in healthy thoracic aorta modelsChih Yung Wen
Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, National Cheng Kung University, No 1 University Road, Tainan City 701, Taiwan, R O C
Ann Biomed Eng 38:391-402. 2010..Magnetic Resonance Imaging (PC-MRI) method was used to acquire the true geometry of a normal human thoracic aorta, which was readily converted into a transparent thoracic aorta model by the rapid prototyping (RP) technique...
- The mechanism of vasorelaxation induced by Schisandra chinensis extract in rat thoracic aortaJi Young Park
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 121:69-73. 2009..However, the pharmacological action mechanisms involved have not been well studied. This study was aimed to investigate the vascular effects of SC in rat thoracic aorta.
- Endothelium-dependent induction of vasorelaxation by Melissa officinalis L. ssp. officinalis in rat isolated thoracic aortaS Ersoy
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Gazi University, 06330 Ankara, Turkey
Phytomedicine 15:1087-92. 2008..These results suggest that the aqueous extract of MOO vasodilates via nitric oxide pathway with the possible involvement of prostacycline and endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF) pathways as well...
- Novel insights into the mechanisms and treatment of intramural hematoma affecting the entire thoracic aortaMichael Grimm
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Ann Thorac Surg 86:453-6. 2008..study was to address a previously not described mechanism underlying intramural hematoma (IMH) of the entire thoracic aorta and to test the hypothesis whether endovascular stent graft placement in this particular mechanism could be ..
- Keishi-bukuryo-gan preserves the endothelium dependent relaxation of thoracic aorta in cholesterol-fed rabbit by limiting superoxide generationNobuyasu Sekiya
Department of Japanese Oriental Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani 2630, Japan
Phytother Res 16:524-8. 2002..Thus, KBG protects the vascular endothelium function by its antioxidative effect and by inhibiting the release of free radicals from neutrophils in vivo...
- Purinergic activation of a leak potassium current in freshly dissociated myocytes from mouse thoracic aortaS Hayoz
Department of Zoology and Animal Biology, University of Geneva, Sciences III, Geneva, Switzerland
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 195:247-58. 2009Exogenous ATP elicits a delayed calcium-independent K(+) current on freshly isolated mouse thoracic aorta myocytes. We investigated the receptor, the intracellular pathway and the nature of this current.
- Systemic inflammatory response after endoluminal stenting of the descending thoracic aortaEnoch Akowuah
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Bristol Heart Institute, The Bristol Royal Infirmary, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol, BS2 8HN, UK
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:741-3. 2007The effect of the underlying pathology on postoperative inflammation after stenting of the thoracic aorta has not been described. A retrospective review of patients undergoing thoracic aortic stents was performed...
- Is endovascular repair now the first line treatment for traumatic transection of the thoracic aorta?M J McCarthy
Department of Vascular Surgery, Infirmary Square, Leicester Royal Infirmary, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester LE5 4WW, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:158-9. 2008
- Long-term effects of losartan on structure and function of the thoracic aorta in a mouse model of Marfan syndromeH H Clarice Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Science, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 158:1503-12. 2009..Losartan has been proposed for the prevention of thoracic aortic aneurysm. We hypothesized that losartan would suppress MMP-2/-9 activation and improve aortic vasomotor function in this model...
- Endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation effect of rutin-free tartary buckwheat extract in isolated rat thoracic aortaYusuke Ushida
Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School of Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581 Japan
J Nutr Biochem 19:700-7. 2008..In a contractile experiment using Sprague-Dawley rat thoracic aorta rings contracted by 1...
- Temporary hyperglycaemia provokes monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells in rat thoracic aortaA Otsuka
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, 113 8421, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetologia 48:2667-74. 2005..The aim of this study was to elucidate the effect of a glucose 'spike' on monocyte adhesion to rat aortic endothelial cells...
- Intimal sarcoma of the thoracic aorta; clinical-course and autopsy findingKenji Akiyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 11:135-8. 2005We report a primary malignant tumor of the thoracic aorta with clinical-course from onset to death. A 63-year-old male was admitted to our hospital with intermittent claudication and bilateral lower extremity pain...
- Endothelium-dependent relaxation by cilostazol, a phosphodiesteras III inhibitor, on rat thoracic aortaT Nakamura
Department of Pharmacy, Tokushima University Hospital, Japan
Life Sci 69:1709-15. 2001The relaxation effect of cilostazol, a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor, on the thoracic aorta was investigated. Cilostazol induced the relaxation of the thoracic aorta precontracted by phenylephrine in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Mid-term results of endovascular treatment for descending thoracic aorta diseases in high-surgical risk patientsJean Philippe Verhoye
Department of Thoracic, Cardiac and Vascular Surgery, Pontchaillou Hospital, Rennes, France
Ann Vasc Surg 20:714-22. 2006We report the initial experience of two cardiovascular surgery centers in the treatment of descending thoracic aorta lesions with covered stent grafts in high-surgical risk patients...
- Endovascular repair of the thoracic aorta necessitating anchoring of the stent graft across the arch vesselsMaria Schoder
Department of Angiography and Interventional Radiology, University of Vienna Medical, Vienna, Austria
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:380-7. 2006..The purpose of the study was to determine technical and clinical results in endovascular repair of thoracic aortic diseases necessitating stent-graft anchoring across the arch vessels...
- Ursolic acid mediates the vasorelaxant activity of Lepechinia caulescens via NO release in isolated rat thoracic aortaFrancisco Aguirre-Crespo
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Avenida Universidad 1001, Colonia Chamilpa, 62210 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Life Sci 79:1062-8. 2006....
- Reversal of doxorubicin-induced vascular dysfunction by resveratrol in rat thoracic aorta: Is there a possible role of nitric oxide synthase inhibition?Murat Olukman
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, Izmir, Turkiye
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 9:260-6. 2009..We investigated the impact of resveratrol on doxorubicin-induced vascular dysfunction in rat thoracic aorta with regard to NO synthesis in an experimental, prospective, controlled study.
- Endovascular management of traumatic ruptures of the thoracic aorta: a retrospective multicenter analysis of 28 cases in The NetherlandsLiselot L Hoornweg
Department of Vascular Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 43:1096-102; discussion 1102. 2006Minimally invasive endovascular treatment of a traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta is a new strategy in the care of multitrauma patients...
- Mobile thrombus of the thoracic aorta: management and treatment reviewGabriele Piffaretti
Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:405-11. 2008Detection of mobile thrombus of the thoracic aorta has become increasingly higher after any embolic event...
- An unusual cause of peripheral artery embolism: floating thrombus of the thoracic aorta surgically removedD Böckler
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Vasa 36:121-3. 2007..New diagnostic tools are presented, therapy and prognosis are discussed...
- Vasomotor dysfunction in the thoracic aorta of Marfan syndrome is associated with accumulation of oxidative stressH H Clarice Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Science, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Vascul Pharmacol 52:37-45. 2010..contractile function and endothelial-dependent relaxation could be resulted from oxidative stress in the thoracic aorta. Adrenergic contraction and cholinergic relaxation of thoracic aortae from mice (n=40; age=3, 6, 9 months) ..
- Doppler assessment of umbilical artery, thoracic aorta and middle cerebral artery in the management of pregnancies with growth restrictionR Madazli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:702-7. 2001The aim of the study was to determine the best use of information obtained from Doppler studies of umbilical artery, thoracic aorta and middle cerebral artery in the management of pregnancies with growth restriction.
- Immediate endovascular repair for acute traumatic injuries of the thoracic aorta: a multicenter analysis of 28 casesJean Marc Alsac
Department of Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, Hopital Bichat, AP HP and University Paris Diderot, Paris, France
J Vasc Surg 48:1369-74. 2008Endovascular repair of injured thoracic aorta offers a new minimal invasive therapeutic option that could be beneficial in the urgent management of polytrauma patients...
- The rupture of descending thoracic aorta due to the necrosis of aortic intimal sarcomaMutsuo Tanaka
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sakakibara Heart Institute, Fuchu si, Tokyo, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:462-3. 2010..The patient developed a local recurrence and abdominal dissemination of the tumor three months after surgery. We report the case and discuss about the diagnosis and treatment of thoracic aortic intimal sarcoma...
- The elephant trunk technique for staged repair of complex aneurysms of the entire thoracic aortaScott A LeMaire
Texas Heart Institute, St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1561-9; discussion 1569. 2006..The purpose of this report is to evaluate contemporary outcomes after surgical repair of extensive thoracic aortic aneurysms using a two-stage approach with the elephant trunk technique...
- Novel Biomarkers in Aortic Aneurysms and Acute Aortic DissectionJENNIFER E contact VAN EYK; Fiscal Year: 2010..This is a life-threatening event, especially if the dissection is located in the ascending part of the thoracic aorta since it may lead to global myocardial ischemia by compromising the aortic valve and blood flow through the ..
- Abdominal Adipose Tissue InflammationPeter S Tobias; Fiscal Year: 2013..Toll-Like Receptor (TLR) agonist, lesions within the abdominal aorta are severe;whereas lesions within the thoracic aorta are minimal...
- Atomic Force Microscopic Studies of Dissecting AneurysmPaul J Boor; Fiscal Year: 2013..DAA is the sudden tearing, or splitting of the layers of the muscular wall of the thoracic aorta. In humans, DAA affects those in the teen years to early adulthood, resulting in occlusion of distal vessels, ..
- Excitotoxicity in Circulatory Arrest ? Brain InjuryWILLIAM ANTHONY BAUMGARTNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..circulatory arrest (HCA) is an established neuroprotective strategy allowing complex repairs of the thoracic aorta and congenital cardiac malformations...
- The Mechanism of Uremia Induced Vascular CalcificationSharon M Moe; Fiscal Year: 2013..without cystamine from 20 to 34 weeks and assess efficacy by determining calcification and TG2 activity of the thoracic aorta, and safety by determining bone calcium content and trabecular cross-linking by microCT...
- Cellular Mechanisms of Vasoregulation by Volatile AnestheticsRostislav Bychkov; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 1: To determine pharmacology of blockers-resistive K2P-like currents in thoracic aorta and middle cerebral artery...
- Neural Control of Choroidal Blood FlowANTON J REINER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our particular goal is to determine how blood pressure signals from the thoracic aorta via the aortic depressor nerve (ADN) regulate ChBF by their input to the nucleus of the solitary tract (NTS) ..
- Phosphorus and Vitamin D Metabolism and Cardiovascular Outcomes: The MESA StudyBryan R Kestenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2013..disease measurements that are directly relevant to mineral metabolism: coronary artery calcification, thoracic aorta calcification, arterial stiffness, and left ventricular mass...
- Genetic Predisposition To Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms/DissectionsDianna M Milewicz; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections are the major diseases affecting the thoracic aorta and a common cause of morbidity and mortality in the United States...
- CEREBRAL FUNCTION AFTER HYPOTHERMIC CIRCULATORY ARRESTGabriele DiLuozzo; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE The majority of older patients with aneurysms involving both the abdominal and thoracic aorta cannot be treated and consequently die when the aneurysm ruptures...
- Intrinsic Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell StiffnessStephen F Vatner; Fiscal Year: 2013..the thoracic aorta (TA), which is only partially explained by variance in extracellular matrix (ECM)...
- Gating mechanism of TRPCs and Orai1 by STIM1 & their role in cardiac hypertrophyJoseph P Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2010..KO) mice treated with angiotensin II, endothelin-1, or phenylephrine;and (b) measuring the effects of thoracic aorta banding (TAB) pressure overload on these KO mice by assaying for nuclear NFAT amounts;RCAN1, p-MHC and ANF ..
- Mechanisms of Traumatic Rupture in ArteriesKUROSH K DARVISH; Fiscal Year: 2012..on a high speed impact system that will replicate decelerations and local crushing that are experienced by thoracic aorta in car crashes. The goal will be to generate TAR in different deceleration directions and local crush patterns...
- Bicuspid Valve Aortopathy: Feasibility of a Comparative Effectiveness StudyCRAIG STANFORD BROBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): As many as 3 million Americans have or will have an enlarged thoracic aorta in the setting of a bicuspid aortic valve, even when valve function is normal...
- Gating mechanism of TRPCs and Orai1 by STIM1 &their role in cardiac hypertrophyJoseph P Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2013..KO) mice treated with angiotensin II, endothelin-1, or phenylephrine;and (b) measuring the effects of thoracic aorta banding (TAB) pressure overload on these KO mice by assaying for nuclear NFAT amounts;RCAN1, p-MHC and ANF ..
- Internet-Based Distributed Quantitative 4D Analysis of Aortic MR/MDCT ImagesXiangmin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..unreadable] Aim 2: Develop a 4D segmentation method for lumen and wall of the atherosclerotic thoracic aorta from MDCT by significantly extending our enabling technology, and demonstrate its feasibility...
- A counterpulsation device to promote myocardial recoveryPaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2006..However, counterpulsation is limited by its location within the descending thoracic aorta to short durations of therapy, typically less than 14 days...
- REDUCING SPINAL CORD INJURY WITH RETROGRADE PERFUSIONJohn Kern; Fiscal Year: 2004..many other people suffer spinal cord injury following surgery to correct certain abnormalities of the thoracic aorta. The spinal cord is very sensitive to even brief periods of decreased blood flow...
- CEREBROVASCULAR INJURY FROM OXYGEN RADICALSBruce Freeman; Fiscal Year: 1991..metabolically and functionally unique large vessel and microvascular-derived indothelial cells isolated from thoracic aorta and brain capillaries. cells will be examined from both a biochemical and functional perspective...
- PROTEIN KINASE C & CELL CYCLE IN VASCULAR INJURYCarolyn Smith; Fiscal Year: 1999..of protein kinase C in immediate early gene expression following balloon catheter-induced injury of the rat thoracic aorta (BAL)...
- Portable pneumatic driver for counterpulsation therapyPaul Spence; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, counterpulsation is limited by its location within the descending thoracic aorta to short durations of therapy, typically less than 14 days...
- PATHOBIOLOGICAL DETERMINANTS OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN YOUTHEdward Miller; Fiscal Year: 1992..The samples will be from 25 subjects and involve one anatomically-defined segment (20 mm) of thoracic aorta as well as one anatomically defined segment (40 mm) of the left circumflex coronary artery per subject...
- NITRIC OXIDE AND SHEAR STRESS IN ATHEROGENESISANTONIO CAYATTE; Fiscal Year: 1999..rings at predilective atherosclerotic lesion sites at the intercostal artery flow dividers in the descending thoracic aorta by immunohistochemistry...
- CARDIAC ASSIST DEVICES ENERGIZED BY SKELETAL MUSCLELarry Stephenson; Fiscal Year: 2000..In the past, however, the descending thoracic aorta was ligated between the two vascular grafts connecting the SMV to the aorta to obligate blood flow through the ..
- Highly Automated Analysis of 4-D Cardiovascular MR DataMilan Sonka; Fiscal Year: 2006..using its learned knowledge of allowed shapes and appearances of objects of interest - the ventricles and the thoracic aorta. Hypotheses driving this proposal are that a) active appearance model-based segmentation can provide automated,..
- HDL AND PLAQUES--NOVEL MODELS AND IMAGING TECHNIQUESEdward Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2001..In aim 1, asymptomatic patients with dyslipidemia and patients with stroke will be screened for plaques in the thoracic aorta and carotid arteries...
- IN VIVO MEASUREMENT OF WALL SHEAR STRESS IN THE AORTAGerald Miller; Fiscal Year: 1980Time varying wall shear rate is measured in the canine descending thoracic aorta in vivo. A hot film anemometer and miniature flat ended hot film probe are utilized in this measurement...
- Rapid MR measurement of aortic wave velocityKENNETH KRAFT; Fiscal Year: 2004..The technique employs a one-dimensional time-of-flight sequence to measure flow wave velocity (WV) in the thoracic aorta with an acquisition time of one cardiac cycle...
- VASCULAR HEALING--CELL AND RHEOLOGIC FACTORSDonald Fry; Fiscal Year: 1992..PTFE implants will be installed in the thoracic aorta and aorto-iliac system using different types of anastomotic geometries...
- ARTERIAL UPTAKE OF LIPOPROTEIN: KINETIC ANALYSISSANTIBRATA GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 1980..to determine the uptake of radioactive-labeled serum albumin (RSA) and low density lipoprotein (LDL) by rabbit thoracic aorta in vivo and to analyze the data by two-compartmental mathematical model to calculate the rate constants of ..
- NON INVASIVE MRI OF HUMAN VULNERABLE PLAQUEValentin Fuster; Fiscal Year: 2001..In aim 1, asymptomatic patients with dyslipidemia and patients with stroke will be screened for plaques in the thoracic aorta and carotid arteries...
- Hemodynamics and PKC Signaling in AtherosclerosisRichard Magid; Fiscal Year: 2005..isolated endothelial cells in regions of disturbed flow (inner aortic arch) and undisturbed flow (descending thoracic aorta) of normal adult pigs...
- Arterial 5-HT Transporter FunctionStephanie Watts; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PROGRESSION OF AORTIC ATHEROMA IN STROKE/TIA PATIENTSSouvik Sen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Designing of future placebo controlled prospective studies aimed at investigating measures that may be used to treat AA in stroke/TIA patients. ..
- Mineralization studies related to atherosclerosisHOWARD HSU; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Vascular Calcification in DiabetesXUENING CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Extended work schedules and health outcomes in the USGerald McGwin; Fiscal Year: 2002..Analyses will be adjusted for a number of possible confounders and effect modifier obtained from MEPS and NHIS including socio-demographic factors, family descriptors and lifestyle factors. ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting BCL-XL Expression in MesotheliomaW Smythe; Fiscal Year: 2006..Upstream targets regulating bcl-xl expression for use in future therapeutic paradigms may be identified. ..
- Cytoskeletal Basis of Ventricular ArrhythmiasMatteo Vatta; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identifying cytoskeletal mecahnisms involved in malignant arrhythmias, could lead to the design of novel drugs and the employment of therapeutic means, resulting in a better patients management. ..
- Novel preservation fluid for organ transplantationJon Mabley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Marital Adjustment, Depression and Myocardial InfarctionLinda Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular Immune Response of Mosquitoes to PathogensJULIAN HILLYER; Fiscal Year: 2003..In understanding the immune response mounted by different insect species and strains toward pathogens, it may be possible to manipulate existing vectors to make the parasite/vector biologic interplay incompatible. ..
- TRAINING IN SMOOTH AND CARDIAC MUSCLE BIOLOGYRichard Paul; Fiscal Year: 2003..This arrangement promotes scientific interactions and enhance the breadth of educational and research experiences in our cardiovascular training program. ..
- VITAMIN K, METABOLISM AND FUNCTIONReidar Wallin; Fiscal Year: 2001..The experiments should also contribute to the exciting, rapidly expanding area of research on extra-hepatic vitamin K-dependent proteins. ..
- Poly(ADP-ribose)Polymerase & Doxorubicin CardiotoxicityJon Mabley; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: The annual anticipated revenues for an effective therapeutic to prevent anti-cancer-drug induced cardiodepression is over $100 million in the US alone. ..
- Vitamin K, Bone, and Arterial CalcificationReidar Wallin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed work will provide basic knowledge of BMP-2 growth factor mediated calcification as it is linked to the function of a fat-soluble vitamin (vitamin K) and biosynthesis of vitamin K-dependent proteins. ..
- G PROTEIN MEDIATED CA++ SENSITIZATION IN SMOOTH MUSCLEToshio Kitazawa; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- INTRINSIC CARDIAC NEURONS AND CARDIAC CONTROLJEFFREY ARDELL; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific Aim 5. To determine if restoration of circulating catecholamines alleviates the cardiodepression associated with chronic adrenalectomy with and without concurrent prolonged loss of extrinsic nerve inputs to the heart. ..
- GENETIC INTERACTIONS IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND HYPERTENSIONNobuyo Maeda; Fiscal Year: 2002..Better understanding of the effects on atherogenesis of the individual factors that affect blood pressures should help the development of new means for prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- ATR in Human Cancer and Anticancer TherapyWilliam Cliby; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using xenograft models we will develop a gene therapy model of ATR disruption to test the safety and efficacy of targeting ATR for anticancer therapy. ..
- GRC Macromolecular Organization & Cell FunctionRonald Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Although much of the program is now in place, several slots are being kept open, to be filled early next year, for presentations on the most recent developments in this rapidly moving field. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- APOLIPOPROTEIN GENES AND ATHEROGENESIS IN ANIMALSNobuyo Maeda; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Diesel Exhaust and Atherosclerotic Plaque StabilityMichael Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Poly(ADP-ribose)and diabetic erectile dysfunctionFANGMING ZUO; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these studies confirm that Inotek's PARP inhibitor is effective in improving erectile function in diabetes, a Phase II component will be triggered, which will focus on formal preclinical safety testing. ..
- Cerebrovascular mechanisms of ischemic injury in diabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- US Prostate Cancer Detection with Dutasteride PretreatmentEthan Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regional Dysfunction by MRI in Incident Heart FailureJoao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will be pivotal to the design of future strategies to forestall progressive myocardial dysfunction and prevent the development of heart failure. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- NONGENOMIC MECHANISMS OF ANDROGENS IN THE VASCULAR WALLJOHN STALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is well-established that marked sexual dimorphism exists in a variety of human cardiovascular diseases;thus the proposed research is directly relevant to human health and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Cardiovascular Risk Disparities: Socioemotional PathwaysLinda Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2009..By examining potentially modifiable psychosocial variables as a pathway underlying CVD disparities, this study seeks to inform efforts to understand and eliminate health disparities. ..
- Regulation and actions of NO in the cardiac plexusJEAN HARDWICK; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, it will provide important information concerning the regulation and of NO in the control of cardiac function. ..