Genomes and Genes
Summary: An area occupying the most posterior aspect of the ABDOMINAL CAVITY. It is bounded laterally by the borders of the quadratus lumborum muscles and extends from the DIAPHRAGM to the brim of the true PELVIS, where it continues as the pelvic extraperitoneal space.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy by a lumbodorsal approach: clinical experience with solo surgeryS Baba
Department of Urology, Kitasato University, School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
World J Urol 17:54-8. 1999..We required an average of only 3.1 trocars to accomplish solo surgery in 5 of 6 patients (83%). The number of lens smearings decreased to one-fourth of that observed by a human assistant...
- Prospective randomized comparison of transperitoneal versus retroperitoneal laparoscopic radical nephrectomyMihir M Desai
Section of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Urol 173:38-41. 2005..We report on a prospective randomized comparison of transperitoneal versus retroperitoneal laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for renal tumor...
- Endoscopic adrenalectomy: an analysis of the transperitoneal and retroperitoneal approaches and results of a prospective follow-up studyI Gockel
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Surg Endosc 19:569-73. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine which of these is the optimal surgical technique in a prospectively designed analysis of a large series of patients operated on by a single team over a 10-year period...
- Long-term oncological outcome after post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in men with metastatic nonseminomatous germ cell tumourAude Flechon
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
BJU Int 106:779-85. 2010....
- Population-based study of perioperative mortality after retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy for nonseminomatous testicular germ cell tumorsUmberto Capitanio
University of Montreal Health Center, Quebec, Canada
Urology 74:373-7. 2009..8% for postchemotherapy RPLND) are applicable to institutions at large...
- Retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy for pheochromocytoma in a morbidly obeseJ Esteban Varela
Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery, Surgical Service, VA North Texas Healthcare System, 4500 South Lancaster Road Ste 112, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Obes Surg 19:1180-2. 2009..It is known that laparoscopic techniques in the morbidly obese may be challenging; therefore, alternative approaches such as the retroperitoneoscopic may prove to be of value in the morbidly obese...
- Postchemotherapy laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in nonseminomatous germ-cell tumorJean Patrice Calestroupat
Department of Urology, Institut Montsouris Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
J Endourol 23:645-50. 2009..We determined to assess the feasibility and complications of laparoscopic RPLND in patients who were treated with induction chemotherapy for testis cancer...
- FDG-PET and diffusion-weighted MR imaging appearance in retroperitoneal Castleman's disease: a case reportYasuhisa Oida
Department of Surgery, Tokai University Hachioji Hospital, Ishikawa, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Imaging 32:144-6. 2008..A case of young woman having the plasma cell type of retroperitoneal Castleman's disease is reported, and radiological findings of the condition are discussed with a review of the radiological literature...
- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph-node dissection in the management of clinical stage I and II testicular cancerNasser Albqami
Department of Urology, Elisabethinen Hospital, Linz, Austria
J Endourol 19:683-92; discussion 692. 2005..In this overview, we present our technique and results in comparison with the worldwide experience with laparoscopic RPLND in the management of clinical stage I and II cancers...
- Clinicopathological review of 46 primary retroperitoneal tumorsMitsuhiro Tambo
Department of Urology, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Japan
Int J Urol 14:785-8. 2007..To clarify the clinical factors including diagnostic imaging findings that may correlate with the histopathological malignancy in primary retroperitoneal tumors...
- Single access retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy (SARA)--one step beyond in endocrine surgeryMartin K Walz
Klinik für Chirurgie und Zentrum für Minimal Invasive Chirurgie, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Universität Duisburg Essen, Henricistrasse 92, 45136, Essen, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:447-50. 2009..Today, endoscopic adrenalectomy has become a gold standard in endocrine surgery...
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for residual masses after chemotherapy in nonseminomatous germ cell testicular tumorMurilo A Luz
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
World J Surg Oncol 8:97. 2010..There remains some debate as to the clinical benefit and associated morbidity. Our objective was to report our experience with PC-RPLND in NSGCT...
- Postchemotherapy laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection: evaluation of complicationsSompol Permpongkosol
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Urology 69:361-5. 2007..This report reviewed the complication rate with additional experience...
- An alternative access technique under direct vision for preperitoneoscopic pelvic surgery: easier for the beginnersHuai Ching Tai
Department of Urology, National Taiwan University Hospital and College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2589-93. 2008..We present an alternative access technique to facilitate preperitoneoscopic (extraperitoneal laparoscopic) approach for radical prostatectomy, herniorrhaphy, and other pelvic procedures...
- Hand-assisted retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy: experience from the first 75 consecutive casesJonas Wadstrom
Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Transplantation 80:1060-6. 2005..A combined technique-hand-assisted and retroperitoneoscopic (HARS)-reduces the risk of these life-threatening complications. In this study, we report on our experience from the first 75 consecutive HARS operations...
- Posterior retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy--results of 560 procedures in 520 patientsMartin K Walz
Klinik für Chirurgie und Zentrum für Minimal Invasive Chirurgie, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Universität Essen, Germany
Surgery 140:943-8; discussion 948-50. 2006..Due to the direct approach to the adrenal glands, however, the posterior retroperitoneal access is easy to use and may offer advantages not available with other endoscopic procedures for adrenalectomy...
- Anterior, lateral, and posterior retroperitoneal approaches in endoscopic adrenalectomyE Lezoche
II Clinica Chirurgica, Universita La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Viale del Policlinico, 00161 Roma, Italy
Surg Endosc 16:96-9. 2002..This study was designed to compare these three types of access in a relatively large series of patients undergoing adrenalectomy at three different institutions...
- A prospective comparison of surgical approach for anterior L4-L5 fusion: laparoscopic versus mini anterior lumbar interbody fusionT A Zdeblick
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin Clinical Science Center, Madison, Wisconsin 53792 3236, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2682-7. 2000..A prospective comparison of 50 consecutive patients who underwent L4-L5 anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF)...
- Adrenalectomy using natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery (NOTES): a transvaginal retroperitoneal approachSilvana Perretta
IRCAD EITS Institute, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Surg Endosc 23:1390. 2009..This study aimed to explore transvaginal retroperitoneal right and left adrenalectomies in porcine and cadaver models...
- Three cases of retroperitoneal schwannoma diagnosed by EUS-FNATaiki Kudo
Department of Gastroenterology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 17:3459-64. 2011..All tumors demonstrated no enlargement and no change in characteristics. Schwannomas are almost always benign and can be observed following diagnosis by EUS-FNA...
- Postchemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in advanced germ cell tumours of the testisAxel Heidenreich
Division of Oncological Urology, Department of Urology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur Urol 53:260-72. 2008....
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy in pheochromocytoma: retroperitoneal approach versus transperitoneal approachQing Yuan Li
Department of Urology and Transplantation, First Affiliated Hospital, Binzhou Medical University, Binzhou City, Shandong Province, China
J Endourol 24:1441-5. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate outcomes of transperitoneal and retroperitoneal approaches in laparoscopic adrenalectomy (LA) for pheochromocytoma...
- A fast method to identify renal vessels during retroperitoneal laparoscopic nephrectomyJiangping Gao
Department of Urology, the General Hospital of People s Liberation Army, Beijing, 100853, China
J Endourol 22:1705-8. 2008..To evaluate a fast method to identify renal vessels during retroperitoneal laparoscopic nephrectomy...
- Anatomical variation of the posterior lumbar tributaries of the left renal vein in retroperitoneoscopic left living donor nephrectomyGang Li
Department of Urology, Chinese PLA General Hospital Organ Transplant Center, 309 Hospital of PLA, Beijing, China
Int J Urol 18:503-9. 2011..To increase awareness of the anatomical variation of the posterior lumbar tributaries of the left renal vein in retroperitoneoscopic left living donor nephrectomy...
- Experience of retroperitoneal laparoscopic treatment on pheochromocytomaHanzhong Li
Department of Urology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Urology 77:131-5. 2011..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of retroperitoneal laparoscopic resection for pheochromocytoma...
- Retroperitoneal endoscopic adrenalectomy: an experimental studyL M Brunt
Department of Surgery, Jewish Hospital of St Louis, MO 63110
Surg Laparosc Endosc 3:300-6. 1993..The results suggest that posterior adrenalectomy using RP CO2 insufflation and direct retroperitoneoscopy is potentially applicable to the treatment of small adrenal lesions in humans...
- Complications of post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testis cancerAshraf A Mosharafa
Department of Urology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
J Urol 171:1839-41. 2004..Therefore, we attempted to verify this hypothesis by evaluating the morbidity of the procedure in 2 comparable groups of patients from 2 different periods...
- Retroperitoneal endoscopic adrenalectomy is safe and effectiveJ M J Schreinemakers
Department of Surgery, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 97:1667-72. 2010..The aim of this study was to review an experience with retroperitoneal endoscopic adrenalectomy (REA). This is the procedure of choice for adrenal tumours at this institution...
- Retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy for adrenal tumors via a single large portDaisaku Hirano
Department of Urology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Endourol 19:788-92. 2005..This study reports the outcomes of retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy (RA) for adrenal tumors via a single port using a large cylinder without carbon dioxide insufflation...
- Single-port laparoscopic retroperitoneal surgery: initial operative experience and comparative outcomesWesley M White
Section of Laparoscopic and Robotic Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 73:1279-82. 2009..To present the initial operative outcomes and comparative data among patients undergoing single-port laparoscopic retroperitoneal surgery (SPLRS)...
- Posterior retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy: a comparison between the initial experience in the invention phase and introductory phase of the new surgical techniqueMarcin Barczynski
Department of Endocrine Surgery, 3rd Chair of General Surgery, Jagiellonian University College of Medicine, 37 Pradnicka Street, Krakow, PL 31202, Poland
World J Surg 31:65-71. 2007..This study compares the learning period of the new procedure of "posterior retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy" in the primary invention phase and the secondary introductory phase in a different hospital 10 years later...
- Retroperitoneal Castleman's diseaseA Ari Hakimi
Department of Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Urology 76:1379. 2010..The patient underwent a wide excision of the mass as well as a radical nephrectomy and lymph node dissection by means of a thoracoabdominal approach. Final pathology revealed a large lymphatic mass consistent with Castleman's disease...
- Complications of open primary and post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular cancerVairavan S Subramanian
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urol Oncol 28:504-9. 2010..We sought to compare the complication profile of primary (P-) and post-chemotherapy (PC-) RPLND using a standardized complication grading scale...
- Castleman's disease in the left upper retroperitoneal space mimicking an adrenal neoplasm: report of a case and literature reviewJia Hui Chen
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defence Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:353-6. 2005..We report a case of a 51-year-old woman with a Castleman's tumor located superomedial to the upper pole of the left kidney that mimicked an adrenal neoplasm...
- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection: techniqueJean Baptiste Lattouf
Department of Surgery Urology, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
BJU Int 100:1415-29. 2007
- Retroperitoneal laparoscopic pyelolithotomy for staghorn stonesD D Gaur
Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 12:299-303. 2002..To establish the feasibility of the retroperitoneal laparoscopic approach for treatment of patients with staghorn renal calculi who are under consideration for an open pyelolithotomy...
- [Primary retroperitoneal tumors in adults]S Merran
Département d Imagerie Médicale, Federation Mutualiste Parisienne, 24 rue Saint Victor, 75005 Paris
J Radiol 85:252-64. 2004..The purpose of this paper is to answer a serie of questions: Is the mass in the retroperitoneal space? Are they imaging signs that helps for the diagnosis of nature? Are they associated signs that helps for ..
- Diagnosis and imaging of adenomyotic disease of the retroperitoneal spaceJean Squifflet
Department of Gynecology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Gynecol Obstet Invest 54:43-51. 2002This manuscript discusses the diagnosis and imaging of adenomyotic disease of the retroperitoneal space, a pathology that we have defined as retroperitoneal adenomyotic disease (RAD)...
- Retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy for phaeochromocytoma in a morbidly obese patient: a case reportP N Dogra
Department of Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 110029, New Delhi, India
Int Urol Nephrol 39:99-101. 2007..Postoperatively her recovery was rapid and uneventful with stabilisation of blood pressure and relief of symptoms, thereby emphasising the safety and efficacy of retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy in morbidly obese patients...
- Retroperitoneal laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy: a cost-effective approachJianfei Ye
Section of Urology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Urology 75:92-5. 2010..To establish a modified cost-effective and safe approach of retroperitoneal laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy (RPLLDN)...
- Early ligature of renal artery during radical laparoscopic transperitoneal nephrectomy: description of standard technique and direct accessFrancesco Porpiglia
Divisione Universitaria di Urologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Ospedale San Luigi, Orbassano Torino, Italy
J Endourol 19:623-6; discussion 626-7. 2005..We compared two techniques of early ligature of the renal artery during transperitoneal laparoscopic radical nephrectomy: a standard technique and a direct approach to the artery...
- Obtaining cuff of inferior vena cava by use of the Endo-TA stapler in retroperitoneoscopic right-side donor nephrectomyPranjal Modi
Department of Urology, Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre and Institute of Transplantation Sciences, Civil Hospital Campus, Ahmedabad, India
Urology 69:832-4. 2007..To determine the feasibility of obtaining an adequate cuff of the inferior vena cava (IVC) for vascular anastomosis during retroperitoneoscopic donor nephrectomy...
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy: retroperitoneal approachK Suzuki
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Urol Clin North Am 28:85-95. 2001..In all cases, careful patient selection and correct choice of the surgical approach based on tumor size, the patient's condition, and the surgeon's skill are vital to avoid complications during laparoscopic adrenalectomy...
- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissectionG Janetschek
Department of Urology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
J Endourol 15:449-53; discussion 453-5. 2001..The diagnostic accuracy of laparoscopic RPLND was as good as that of the open procedure, while the morbidity is significantly lower. Tumor control was not compromised by the laparoscopic approach...
- Retroperitoneoscopic nephropexy for symptomatic nephroptosisS C Chueh
Department of Urology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, 100 Taiwan
Surg Endosc 16:1603-7. 2002..Open nephropexy for nephroptosis creates significant morbidity. We describe our technique for retroperitoneoscopic nephropexy and evaluate its efficacy...
- Spontaneous extraperitoneal haemorrhage: computed tomography diagnosis and treatment by selective arterial embolizationRamon Pathi
Division of Medical Imaging, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
Australas Radiol 48:123-8. 2004..In all four cases presented in the present paper, the bleeding vessel(s) were identified and significant active bleeding arrested by transcatheter embolization...
- [Safe retroperitoneoscopic radical nephrectomy with small incision for renal cell carcinoma]Kazuhide Makiyama
Department of Urology, Yokohama City University Medical Center
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 95:669-74. 2004..Three surgeons have become skilled in performing RRN without major complications. We investigated the outcomes of the surgery and attempt to clarify whether the technique we adopted is suitable to perform this procedure safely...
- Retroperitoneal transdiaphragmatic robotic-assisted laparoscopic resection of a left thoracolumbar neurofibromaRoss M Moskowitz
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
JSLS 13:64-8. 2009..This report describes the first use of robotic technology to resect a left thoracolumbar neurofibroma...
- Retroperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty: experience with 50 casesXu Zhang
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Urology 66:514-7. 2005..To report our techniques and experience with retroperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction...
- MR-guided biopsies of lesions in the retroperitoneal space: technique and resultsS Zangos
Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, J W Goethe University Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:307-12. 2006The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety and precision of MRI-guided biopsies of retroperitoneal space-occupying tumors in an open low-field system...
- Robot-assisted anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF) using retroperitoneal approachMinji J Kim
Neurosurgery, Spine and spinal cord Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 152:675-9. 2010..We have, therefore, performed experimental anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF) using retroperitoneal approach in swine model to test the feasibility of robot-assisted surgery in spinal surgery...
- Our experience with retroperitoneal and transperitoneal laparoscopic pyeloplasty for pelvi-ureteric junction obstructionKim Davenport
Bristol Urological Institute, Southmead Hospital, Westbury on Trym, Bristol, UK
Eur Urol 48:973-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to report our experience with laparoscopic pyeloplasty...
- Transperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy: outline of the preoperative management, surgical approach, and outcomeMario Zacharias
Department of Urology, University Clinic Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg Germany
Eur Urol 49:448-59. 2006..This article describes in detail the indications, contraindications, preoperative evaluation, surgical technique, management of intraoperative complications, and outcome after lateral transperitoneal adrenalectomy...
- Retroperitoneal laparoendoscopic single-site surgery in urology: initial experienceDong Soo Ryu
Department of Urology, Masan Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Masan, Korea
J Endourol 23:1857-62. 2009..To present our initial experience with single-port laparoscopic urologic surgery via the retroperitoneal approach using the Alexis wound retractor with flexible laparoscopic instrumentation...
- Analysis of complications from 600 retroperitoneoscopic procedures of the upper urinary tract during the last 10 yearsDimitri Liapis
INSERM U841EQ07, Department of Urology, CHU Mondor, 94000, Creteil, France
World J Urol 26:523-30. 2008..The aim of this study is to review 10 years experience of retroperitoneoscopy procedures...
- Retroperitoneoscopic living donor nephrectomy: experience of 425 cases at a single centerNaoki Kohei
Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Endourol 24:1783-7. 2010..To assess the safety, feasibility, and usefulness of RPLDN, we reviewed the experience with this technique at our institution...
- Endovascular embolization of spontaneous retroperitoneal hemorrhage secondary to anticoagulant treatmentJuha Matti Isokangas
Oulu University Hospital, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, PL 50, 90029 OYS, Finland
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:607-11. 2004..Embolization seems to be an effective and safe method to control the bleeding in patients with RPH secondary to anticoagulant treatment when conservative treatment is insufficient...
- [Benign non-organ-related diseases of the retroperitoneal space]D H Szolar
Abteilung für spezielle radiologische und sonstige bildgebende Verfahren, Universitätsklinik für Radiologie Graz
Rofo 167:107-21. 1997Because of the anatomic localisation of the retroperitoneal space, the detection and elucidation of pathology in the retroperitoneum calls for clinical acumen and the utilisation of imaging techniques...
- Retroperitoneal laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: surgical experience and outcomesP Pyo
Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Campus, New York Medical College, New York 10595, USA
J Urol 180:1279-83. 2008..We present outcomes in 110 consecutive patients who underwent retroperitoneal laparoscopic partial nephrectomy performed in a 72-month period by a single surgeon (MG)...
- Long-term clinical outcome after postchemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in men with residual teratomaBrett S Carver
Department of Urology and Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1033-7. 2007..We evaluated patients at our institution undergoing initial PC-RPLND for teratoma to determine their clinical outcome...
- Spontaneous perforation of choledochal cyst: a case with unusual distribution of fluid in the retroperitoneal spaceChihiro Tani
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Hiroshima, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
Pediatr Radiol 39:629-31. 2009..Anterior pararenal and perirenal spaces communicate with the infrarenal space, and this may result in extension of the fluid into the perirenal space from the anterior pararenal space...
- Blunt-tip coaxial introducer: a revisited tool for difficult CT-guided biopsy in the chest and abdomenCedric De Bazelaire
Department of Radiology, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris VII University, 1 Ave Claude Vellefaux, Paris, 75475 Cedex 10, France
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:W144-8. 2009..We describe a coaxial introducer provided with an additional blunt-tip stylet that allows safe access to difficult-to-reach lymph nodes in the chest, abdomen, and pelvis under CT control...
- The transition from laparoscopic to retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy: a matched pair pilot studyChristoph Troppmann
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Transplantation 89:858-63. 2010..RetroNeph, however, is infrequently performed and has not been systematically and directly compared with LapNeph in nonselected donors...
- Novel method for double-J stenting in retroperitoneal laparoscopic dismembered pyeloplastyZhonghua Wu
Department of Urology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Urology 77:354-6. 2011..To describe a novel technique of double-J stenting in laparoscopic pyeloplasty...
- Diagnostic yield of computed tomography-guided coaxial core biopsy of undetermined masses in the free retroperitoneal space: single-center experienceJoerg Stattaus
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology and Neuroradiology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:919-25. 2008..a retrospective analysis of CT-guided coaxial core biopsies of undetermined masses in the non-organ-bound retroperitoneal space in 49 patients...
- Aortic replacement during post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissectionS D Beck
Department of Urology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Urol 165:1517-20. 2001..There were no graft related complications. CONCLUSIONS: Aortic resection at post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection is justified based on therapeutic benefit and morbidity...
- Hand-assisted retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy in comparison to open and laparoscopic procedures: a prospective study on donor morbidity and kidney functionPernilla Sundqvist
Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Transplantation 78:147-53. 2004..The aim was to examine the perioperative and postoperative morbidity, and the effects of the different surgical techniques with regard to renal function...
- Retroperitoneoscopic living donor nephrectomy: a retrospective comparison to the open approachAlexander Bachmann
Department of Urology, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Transplantation 78:168-71. 2004..As a result of the direct access, RLDN is superior in terms of operation time, even to the open access on our series, while maintaining the advantage of minimal invasiveness...
- A retroperitoneal bleed induced by enoxaparin therapyMartin Ernits
Department of Surgery, Seton Hall University Surgical Residency Program at St Francis Medical Center, Trenton, NJ, USA
Am Surg 71:430-3. 2005..On average, a retroperitoneal hematoma occurs within 5 days of therapy with enoxaparin. In high-risk patients, enoxaparin activity (anti-factor Xa) should be carefully monitored...
- Evaluation of laparoscopic retroperitoneal surgery in urinary stone diseaseA K Hemal
Department of Urology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
J Endourol 15:701-5. 2001..To assess the safety and effectiveness of laparoscopic retroperitoneal surgery and attempt to define its role in the management of urolithiasis...
- Chronic expanding hematoma in the retroperitoneal space: a case reportMomoko Irisawa
Department of Radiology, Saitama Medical School, Iruma gun, Japan
Radiat Med 23:116-20. 2005..The patient was a 70-year-old man. An 18 cm mass was detected in the right retroperitoneal space on abdominal CT screening...
- Introduction of hand-assisted retroperitoneoscopic living donor nephrectomy at Karolinska University Hospital HuddingeH Gjertsen
Department of Transplantation Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm
Transplant Proc 38:2644-5. 2006..So far in our hands HARS is a fast and safe procedure with results comparable with open LDN. Compared to LLDN, we experienced reduced operation time together with the advantage of retroperitoneal access...
- Endoscopic extraperitoneal lumbar sympathectomy for plantar hyperhidrosis: case reportM Y Tseng
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, Medical School and Hospital, National Taiwan University, 7 Chung-Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Clin Neurosci 8:555-6. 2001..During the follow up period, both feet were warm and dry, although only the right side lumbar sympathectomy had been performed. The outcome appeared to be compatible with that of an open procedure but with minimal invasiveness...
- Right retroperitoneal versus left transperitoneal laparoscopic live donor nephrectomyChristopher S Ng
Section of Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 63:857-61. 2004....
- Is full bilateral retroperitoneal lymph node dissection always necessary for postchemotherapy residual tumor?Stephen D W Beck
Department of Urology and Oncology, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Cancer 110:1235-40. 2007..With the primary landing zone well defined in low-volume retroperitoneal disease, the authors performed modified dissections in the PC setting in a select population; and, herein, they report disease outcome...
- Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in patients with high risk testicular cancerStephen B Williams
Division of Urology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 181:2097-101; discussion 2101-2. 2009..We reviewed differences between primary and post-chemotherapy retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in patients at high risk...
- Retroperitoneal packing as a resuscitation technique for hemodynamically unstable patients with pelvic fractures: report of two representative cases and a description of techniqueWade R Smith
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80204, USA
J Trauma 59:1510-4. 2005
- Retroperitoneal liposarcoma: MR characteristics and pathological correlative analysisTing Song
Department of Radiology, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College, 63 Duobao Road, Guangzhou, 510150, China
Abdom Imaging 32:668-74. 2007..Moreover, there has been little in the literature to compare the MRI features with pathological appearances of the retroperitoneal liposarcomas...
- Surgical options in adrenalectomy: laparoscopic versus open surgeryG Janetschek
Department of Urology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Curr Opin Urol 9:213-8. 1999..Laparoscopic intraoperative ultrasonography is valuable in selected cases. The already low morbidity of laparoscopic adrenalectomy can be reduced further by using needlescopic techniques...
- Retroperitoneal well-differentiated inflammatory liposarcoma: a diagnostic dilemmaRinsaku Kawano
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Radiat Med 26:450-3. 2008..In this entity, a lipomatous component could easily be missed on radiologic imaging because of the conspicuity of lymphoid infiltration. We should consider the possibility of this variant when we evaluate a retroperitoneal tumor...
- Radioisotope blood volume measurement in uncontrolled retroperitoneal haemorrhage induced by a transfemoral iliac artery punctureR J Cruz
Research Division, Heart Institute, InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Av Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 44, 05403 000 SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Injury 32:17-21. 2001....
- Right donor nephrectomy: a comparison of hand-assisted transperitoneal and retroperitoneal laparoscopic approachesJoseph F Buell
The University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Transplantation 77:521-5. 2004..We compare the anatomic and functional outcomes of right live-donor nephrectomy (LDN) using either a hand-assisted approach (HALDN) or a pure retroperitoneoscopic approach (RLDN) in two institutions...
- Primary dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the retroperitoneum. Prognostic significance of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging featuresUkihide Tateishi
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center Hospital and Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 27:799-804. 2003..To describe computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings and to determine the prognostic significance of radiologic appearances in primary dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the retroperitoneum...
- Empyema necessitatis into the retroperitoneal spaceToshihiko Sakamoto
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Akashi City, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1954-6. 2002..We present a very rare case of empyema necessitatis into the retroperitoneal space through the diaphragm...
- Gluteal muscle necrosis following transcatheter angiographic embolisation for retroperitoneal haemorrhage associated with pelvic fractureN Takahira
Department of Traumatology and Critical Care Medicine, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1, Kitasato, Sagamihara, 228 8555, Kanagawa, Japan
Injury 32:27-32. 2001..Aggressive management including intraarterial antibiotic treatment may have a role, but our numbers are too small to confirm this...
- Histologic subtype and margin of resection predict pattern of recurrence and survival for retroperitoneal liposarcomaSamuel Singer
Sarcoma Disease Management Team, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY, 10021, USA
Ann Surg 238:358-70; discussion 370-1. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the pattern of recurrence and prognostic significance of histologic subtype in a large series of patients with primary retroperitoneal liposarcoma...
- Castleman's disease in the retroperitoneal spaceTomoyuki Kaneko
Department of Urology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 169:265-6. 2003
- Retroperitoneoscopic lumbar sympathectomy for the treatment of plantar hyperhidrosis: technique and preliminary findingsR Rieger
Department of Surgery, Landeskrankenhaus Gmunden, Miller von Aichholzstrasse 49, 4810, Gmunden, Austria
Surg Endosc 21:129-35. 2007..This article reports the authors' experience with endoscopic lumbar sympathectomies for patients with plantar hyperhidrosis...
- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection after prior open retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy and chemotherapyGuilherme C Lima
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Urology 66:1319. 2005..This approach allowed rapid recovery, and at 2.5 years after surgery no evidence of tumor recurrence was seen...
- Case report: laparoscopic management of massive chylous ascites after salvage laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph-node dissectionOctavio A Castillo
Section of Endourology and Laparoscopic Urology, Clinica Santa Maria, Santiago, Chile
J Endourol 20:394-6. 2006..After conservative management failed, exploratory laparoscopy identified the site of the leak, which was clipped and closed with fibrin glue. There has been no recurrence in the ensuing 5 years...
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissectionPatrick Davol
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Urology 67:199. 2006..This case demonstrates the technical feasibility, safety, and accuracy of robotic-assisted retroperitoneal lymph node dissection and expands the role of minimally invasive techniques in urologic oncology...
- Two cases of chyloretroperitoneum following retroperitoneoscopic nephroureterectomyHiromitsu Negoro
Kobe City General Hospital, Urology, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Int J Urol 13:487-9. 2006..Laparoscopic procedures are supposed to have a higher risk of chylous complications, as CO2 pressure appears to make the operator overlook suppressing the lymphatic leakage from the resected lymphatic channels...
- [Role of retroperitoneal laparoscopic nephroureterectomy in the current treatment of upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma]C Burghelea
Institutul Clinic de Urologie si Transplant Renal Cluj Napoca, Romania
Chirurgia (Bucur) 103:435-43. 2008..Since the first laparoscopic nephroureterectomy was performed, several surgical teams were interested by this approach for the treatment of the upper tract transitional cell carcinoma...
- Retroperitoneoscopic partial nephrectomy using radiofrequency ablationAtsushi Uchida
Department of Clinical Research and Urology, National Saitama Hospital, Saitama, Japan
Int J Urol 13:69-73. 2006..No recurrence has been observed after 3 years and 2 years of follow up, respectively. Radiofrequency ablation was useful for control of local bleeding during retroperitonaoscopic partial nephrectomy...
- Hand assisted retroperitoneoscopic nephroureterectomy with the patient spread-eagled: an approach through a completely supine positionChien Hui Ou
Department of Urology, College of Medicine and Hospital, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Urol 180:1918-22; discussion 1922. 2008..We evaluated the feasibility of hand assisted retroperitoneoscopic nephroureterectomy for transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract with the patient completely supine (spread-eagled)...
- The current status of laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for non-seminomatous germ-cell tumorsBrett S Carver
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 2:330-5. 2005..Future prospective internal review board-approved trials need to be developed to evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of laparoscopic RPLND, with careful observation of patients with pathologic low-volume nodal disease...
- Quality of life after laparoscopic and open retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in clinical Stage I nonseminomatous germ cell tumor: a comparison studyVassilis Poulakis
Department of Urology, Northwest Hospital, Stiftung Hospital zum Heiligen Geist, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Urology 68:154-60. 2006....
- [Testicular tumor--retroperitoneal lymph node excision successful in patients with stage I nonseminomatous cancer with or without vascular invasion]Britta Brudermanns
Aktuelle Urol 38:1-2. 2007
- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in the management of testis cancerJose J Correa
Genitourinary Oncology Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Control 14:258-64. 2007..The surgical approach to management of testis cancer has been traditionally through an open incision, but in the last decade, several centers have reported their experience with laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection (LRPLND)...
- Re: Peter Albers. Management of stage I testis cancer. Eur urol 2007;51:34-44Nicola Nicolai
Eur Urol 52:295-6. 2007
- Long-term results of laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph-node dissection for clinical stage I nonseminomatous germ-cell testicular cancerMichael Neyer
Department of Urology, Medical University Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Endourol 21:180-3. 2007..To report the long-term oncologic outcome and morbidity of laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph-node dissection (L-RPLND) in clinical stage I nonseminomatous testicular germ-cell tumors (NSGCT) from a single institution...
- Role of Endogenous Opioid System in the Placebo EffectJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Identify relationships between the magnitude of the placebo response and regional mu opioid receptor availability in a non-painful condition. ..
- REGULATION OF ENERGY PARTITIONING DURING WEIGHT CHANGETIMOTHY NAGY; Fiscal Year: 2002..The basic scientific information gained from this model should be useful for understanding the role of metabolic perturbations in the etiology of human obesity. ..
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..One recently joined staff at MSKCC in the Genito-urinary Section. Mentoring of clinical trials is extended beyond fellowship to junior faculty members. ..
- HEPATITIS C VIRAL QUASISPECIES WITHIN THE LIVERAdrian Di Bisceglie; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies have great potential significance for understanding of viral clearance, development of persistent infection and for the development of a vaccine against HCV. ..
- Body fat, dietary restriction, and cancer preventionTIMOTHY NAGY; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will provide evidence for the hypothesis that body fat is the pathway through which CR exerts its cancer protective effects in rodent tumor models. ..
- Magnetic Catheter Navigation in 1.5 Tesla EnvironmentMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, the prototype created in this project would be reproducible and behave predictably under a given set of conditions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROPATHIC PAINJames Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide a biological rationale for the development of peripheral treatments for neuropathic pain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antipsychotic drug-induced weight gainTIMOTHY NAGY; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Basis Of Renal Cell Carcinoma Response to SU11428Robert J Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2011..These tumor and cell line-based studies lay a foundation for further molecular studies aimed at understanding the sensitivity/resistance of RCC to SU11248. ..