Genomes and Genes
Summary: The space enclosed by the peritoneum. It is divided into two portions, the greater sac and the lesser sac or omental bursa, which lies behind the STOMACH. The two sacs are connected by the foramen of Winslow, or epiploic foramen.
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- The influence of BCR density on the differentiation of natural poly-reactive B cells begins at an early stage of B cell developmentYing Xing
Department of Dermatology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Mol Immunol 46:1120-8. 2009..More importantly, our data suggests that the influence by receptor expression on the differentiation of natural poly-reactive B cells begins at an early stage of B cell development...
- The peritoneal cavity B-2 antibody repertoire appears to reflect many of the same selective pressures that shape the B-1a and B-1b repertoiresAndre M Vale
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 185:6085-95. 2010..assess the extent and nature of somatic categorical selection of CDR-3 of the Ig H chain (CDR-H3) content in peritoneal cavity (PerC) B cells, we analyzed the composition of V(H)7183DJCμ transcripts derived from sorted PerC B-1a, B-1b,..
- The ability of nisin F to control Staphylococcus aureus infection in the peritoneal cavity, as studied in miceA M Brand
Department of Microbiology, University of Stellenbosch, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Lett Appl Microbiol 51:645-9. 2010..To determine the ability of nisin F to control systematic infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus, using C57BL/6 mice as a model...
- The IL-1 receptor-related T1 antigen is expressed on immature and mature mast cells and on fetal blood mast cell progenitorsD R Moritz
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Immunol 161:4866-74. 1998....
- Impairment of T-cell-dependent B-cell responses and B-1 cell development in CD19-deficient miceR C Rickert
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Germany
Nature 376:352-5. 1995..2)...
- Cytokine-dependent inflammatory cell recruitment patterns in the peritoneal cavity of mice exposed to the parasitic nematode Brugia malayiAndrew S MacDonald
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Med Microbiol Immunol 192:33-40. 2003..adult parasites drive the recruitment of eosinophils and macrophages after implant into the murine peritoneal cavity whereas Th1-inducing microfilaria do not...
- Submucosal endoscopy with mucosal flap safety valve (SEMF) technique: a safe access method into the peritoneal cavity and mediastinumKazuki Sumiyama
Department of Endoscopy, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 17:365-9. 2008..The methods and technology growing from this concept may minimize trauma from surgical access to the peritoneal cavity by completely eliminating body surface incisions...
- Differential molecular and anatomical basis for B cell migration into the peritoneal cavity and omental milky spotsSimon Berberich
Institute of Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover, Germany
J Immunol 180:2196-203. 2008The constitutive migration of B cells from the circulation into the peritoneal cavity and back is essential for peritoneal B cell homeostasis and function...
- Prevention of adhesion formation in a laparoscopic mouse model should combine local treatment with peritoneal cavity conditioningM M Binda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Hum Reprod 24:1473-9. 2009..This process can be enhanced by factors derived from the peritoneal cavity such as mesothelial cell hypoxia (pneumoperitoneum with pure CO(2)), reactive oxygen species (..
- Mast cell repopulation of the peritoneal cavity: contribution of mast cell progenitors versus bone marrow derived committed mast cell precursorsMaria Celia Jamur
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology and Pathogenic Bioagents, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
BMC Immunol 11:32. 2010..This study was undertaken to determine the mast cell response in the peritoneal cavity and bone marrow during repopulation of the peritoneal cavity in rats.
- Tryptophan consumption and indoleamines production by peritoneal cavity macrophagesE Martins
Department of Histology and Embryology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of São Pauolo, Brazil
J Leukoc Biol 75:1116-21. 2004..So, we evaluated the rate of tryptophan consumption and melatonin and serotonin production in peritoneal cavity-isolated macrophages and the effect of IFN-alpha and -gamma, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), and phorbol myristate ..
- The open peritoneal cavity: etiology correlates with the likelihood of fascial closureBetty J Tsuei
Section of Trauma and Critical Care, Department of Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0084, USA
Am Surg 70:652-6. 2004..In our study, the number of operations and likelihood of abdominal closure appears to correlate with the etiology of the underlying disease requiring use of laparostomy...
- SILS (single incision laparoscopic surgery) - new surgical approach to peritoneal cavityA Budzynski
Jagiellonian University Medical College, 2nd Department of General Surgery, Krakow, Poland
Adv Med Sci 56:18-24. 2011..During the last years we can observe an intense development of surgical technique minimizing the access to peritoneal cavity to just one small incision, most frequently localized in the umbilicus.
- CD34 and CD43 inhibit mast cell adhesion and are required for optimal mast cell reconstitutionErin Drew
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
Immunity 22:43-57. 2005..Our data provide clear-cut evidence for a hematopoietic function for CD34 and suggest that it acts as a negative regulator of cell adhesion...
- On sample size of the kruskal-wallis test with application to a mouse peritoneal cavity studyChunpeng Fan
Department of Biostatistics and Programming, sanofi aventis BX2 416A, 200 Crossing Boulevard, P O Box 6890, Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807 0890, USA
Biometrics 67:213-24. 2011..A mouse peritoneal cavity study is used to demonstrate the application of the methods.
- Streptococcus pneumoniae PstS production is phosphate responsive and enhanced during growth in the murine peritoneal cavityC J Orihuela
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Galveston, Texas 77555 1019, USA
Infect Immun 69:7565-71. 2001..was used to identify a Streptococcus pneumoniae gene with enhanced transcription during growth in the murine peritoneal cavity. Northern dot blot analysis and comparative densitometry confirmed a 1...
- Less impaired cell-mediated immune response in the murine peritoneal cavity after CO(2) pneumoperitoneumKyuzo Fujii
First Department of Surgery, Oita Medical University, 1 1 Idaigaoka, Hasama machi, 879 5593 Oita, Japan
Surg Today 33:833-8. 2003..changes in the populations of peritoneal T lymphocytes and natural killer (NK) cells after CO(2) pneumoperitoneum and laparotomy to clarify whether pneumoperitoneum affects cell-mediated immune responses in the peritoneal cavity.
- Fate of infective larvae of Brugia malayi in the peritoneal cavity of Mastomys natalensis and Meriones unguiculatusP K Murthy
Division of Parasitology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 44:302-4. 1997..None of the infected M. natalensis had adult worms in the peritoneal cavity; very few degenerating L3 surrounded by peritoneal cells were recovered 7 and 15 DPI...
- Rapid quantitative detection of carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing free tumor cells in the peritoneal cavity of gastric-cancer patients with real-time RT-PCR on the lightcyclerH Nakanishi
Laboratory of Pathology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya Aichi, Japan
Int J Cancer 89:411-7. 2000Detection of free cancer cells in the peritoneal cavity by RT-PCR using carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) as a target gene is a more sensitive predictor of peritoneal dissemination than conventional cytology in gastric-cancer patients...
- Disproportionally low clearance of macromolecules from the plasma to the peritoneal cavity in a mouse model of peritoneal dialysisAnna Rippe
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital of Lund, S 211 85 Lund, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:88-95. 2007..This study was performed to establish a model for quantitative measurements of a number of basic peritoneal transport parameters, particularly transperitoneal clearances (Cl) of macromolecules, during mouse peritoneal dialysis...
- Neutrophil and macrophage responses to inflammation in the peritoneal cavity of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss. A light and electron microscopic cytochemical studyA Afonso
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Porto, Portugal
Dis Aquat Organ 34:27-37. 1998The neutrophil and macrophage responses that accompany inflammation were studied in the peritoneal cavity of rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss using light and electron microscopic cytochemistry...
- The differential imaging features of fat-containing tumors in the peritoneal cavity and retroperitoneum: the radiologic-pathologic correlationNa Young Shin
Department of Radiology, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:333-45. 2010..Classifying lesions in terms of the necessity of performing surgical treatment can provide important information to clinicians, and this is the one of a radiologist's key responsibilities...
- Molecular profiling of murine sensory neurons in the nodose and dorsal root ganglia labeled from the peritoneal cavityPieter J Peeters
Department of Internal Medicine, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Beerse, Belgium
Physiol Genomics 24:252-63. 2006..calcium channels; and transient receptor potential cation channels present in afferents projecting to the peritoneal cavity. Our genome-wide expression profiling data provide novel insight into molecular signatures that underlie ..
- Expression of defensin antimicrobial peptides in the peritoneal cavity of patients on peritoneal dialysisK H Zarrinkalam
Department of Renal Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Perit Dial Int 21:501-8. 2001OBJECTIVE: To investigate the expression and regulation of defensins in the peritoneal cavity of peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients...
- Length-dependent pathogenic effects of nickel nanowires in the lungs and the peritoneal cavityCraig A Poland
Safenano, Institute of Occupational Medicine, Riccarton, Edinburgh, UK
Nanotoxicology 6:899-911. 2012..This may have important implications when considering the hazard posed by fibrous nanomaterials and their regulation in workplaces...
- Adult granulosa cell tumor presenting as metastases to the pleural and peritoneal cavityNalini Gupta
Department of Cytology and Gynecological Pathology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Diagn Cytopathol 40:912-5. 2012..A precise diagnosis in such a case may be possible on serous body fluid cytology with a combined clinical and cytopathologic approach...
- The local inflammatory responses to infection of the peritoneal cavity in humans: their regulation by cytokines, macrophages, and other leukocytesMarien Willem Johan Adriaan Fieren
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Centrumlocatie, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mediators Inflamm 2012:976241. 2012....
- Lymphoid organs for peritoneal cavity immune response: milky spotsReina E Mebius
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VUMC, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Immunity 30:670-2. 2009Milky spots are located in the omentum of the peritoneal cavity and their classification as lymphoid organs has been debated. In this issue of Immunity, Rangel-Moreno et al...
- Analysis of eosinophil turnover in vivo reveals their active recruitment to and prolonged survival in the peritoneal cavityCaspar Ohnmacht
Institute for Immunology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Immunol 179:4766-74. 2007..These results demonstrate that the peritoneum serves as reservoir for eosinophils...
- Involvement of KC, MIP-2, and MCP-1 in leukocyte infiltration following injection of necrotic cells into the peritoneal cavityNahoko Tanimoto
Department of Biomolecular Science, Faculty of Science, Toho University, 2 2 1 Miyama, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8510, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:533-6. 2007..the mechanism, we used an inflammation model induced by injection of necrotic leukemic P388 cells into the peritoneal cavity in this study...
- Live Ascaris lumbricoides in the peritoneal cavityAbdullah Refeidi
Department of Surgery, Aseer Central Hospital, Abha, Saudi Arabia
Ann Saudi Med 27:118-21. 2007
- Evaluation of different chemical agents on the germinative layer of sheep hydatid cyst after implantation to peritoneal cavity of BALB/cSoheil Mansourian
Department of Surgery, Gastroenterohepatology Research Center, Nemazee Hospital, Shiraz, Iran
J Invest Surg 22:183-7. 2009..protoscolices lead to recurrence or the recurrence is due to the remainder of the germinative layer in the peritoneal cavity. The aim of this study was in vivo evaluation of different chemical (protoscolicidal) solutions on the ..
- Peritoneal defensins--key contributors to the innate immunity of the peritoneal cavity?Randall Faull
Nephrology, Royal Adelaide Hospital and University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Perit Dial Int 27:634-5. 2007
- Gene expression profile of the fibrotic response in the peritoneal cavityS J Le
Centre for Research in Vascular Biology, Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Differentiation 79:232-43. 2010The cellular response to materials implanted in the peritoneal cavity has been utilised to produce tissue for grafting to hollow smooth muscle organs (blood vessels, bladder, uterus and vas deferens)...
- Heat penetration in locally applied hyperthermia in the abdomen during intra-operative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapyS van Ruth
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Anticancer Res 23:1501-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate heat penetration in the abdomen during 10 HIPEC procedures...
- Targeting with oligomannose-coated liposomes promotes maturation and splenic trafficking of dendritic cells in the peritoneal cavityMariko Ishii
Department of Applied Biochemistry, Tokai University, Hiratsuka, Kanagawa 259 1292, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 11:164-71. 2011..Both types of cells rapidly took up OMLs in the peritoneal cavity, but only CD11b(dull)CD11c(+) cells produced interleukin (IL)-12 in response to OML uptake...
- Pivotal advance: peritoneal cavity B-1 B cells have phagocytic and microbicidal capacities and present phagocytosed antigen to CD4+ T cellsDavid Parra
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Leukoc Biol 91:525-36. 2012..In a broader context, these newly identified capacities of B-1 B cells further support the previously recognized functional, developmental, and evolutionary relationships between these cells and macrophages...
- Early induced, high-level interleukin-6 expression in the rat peritoneal cavity into which a hepatotoxicant carbon tetrachloride was administeredRyoji Zuinen
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Showa Pharmaceutical University, 3 3165 Higashitamagawagakuen, Machida, Tokyo 194 8543, Japan
Toxicol Lett 170:42-8. 2007..of CCl4 dissolved in a small amount of vehicle selectively induces a high production of IL-6 in the peritoneal cavity early after the administration...
- Systematic review on the efficacy of cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal carcinomaTristan D Yan
Peritoneal Surface Malignancy Program, Washington Cancer Institute, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4011-9. 2006..The efficacy of cytoreductive surgery combined with perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy for patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis from colorectal carcinoma remains to be established...
- Transgastric endoscopic peritoneoscopy does not require decontamination of the stomach in humansVimal K Narula
Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Ohio State University School of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, OH, USA
Surg Endosc 23:1331-6. 2009..We report the bacterial load and contamination of the peritoneal cavity in ten patients who underwent diagnostic transgastric endoscopic peritoneoscopy.
- Neutrophils are essential for early anti-Listeria defense in the liver, but not in the spleen or peritoneal cavity, as revealed by a granulocyte-depleting monoclonal antibodyJ W Conlan
Trudeau Institute, Inc, Saranac Lake, New York 12983
J Exp Med 179:259-68. 1994..a monoclonal antibody, RB6-8C5, listeriosis is severely exacerbated in the liver, but not in the spleen or peritoneal cavity during the crucial first day of infection...
- Functional effector memory T cells enrich the peritoneal cavity of patients treated with peritoneal dialysisGareth W Roberts
Institute of Nephrology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, Wales, UK
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:1895-900. 2009..We found that functional effector memory T cells capable of mounting long-term recall responses enrich the peritoneal cavity of PD patients...
- Accelerated senescence of human peritoneal mesothelial cells exposed to high glucose: the role of TGF-beta1Krzysztof Ksiazek
Department of Pathophysiology, University Medical School, Poznan, Poland
Lab Invest 87:345-56. 2007....
- Peritoneal cavity phagocytes from the teleost sea bass express a glucocorticoid receptor (cloned and sequenced) involved in genomic modulation of the in vitro chemiluminescence response to zymosanAiti Vizzini
Laboratory of Marine Immunobiology, Dipartimento di Biologia Animale, Universita di Palermo, Via Archirafi, 18, 90123 Palermo, Italy
Gen Comp Endocrinol 150:114-23. 2007..In situ hybridization assay revealed that DlGR1 was expressed in macrophages and neutrophils from the peritoneal cavity. Since in a previous paper, sea bass PCL chemiluminescence response (CL) has been related to increased ..
- Absence of carcinogenic response to multiwall carbon nanotubes in a 2-year bioassay in the peritoneal cavity of the ratJulie Muller
Industrial Toxicology and Occupational Medicine Unit, Catholic University of Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Toxicol Sci 110:442-8. 2009..and cancer, these observations prompted us to explore the carcinogenic potential of these MWCNT in the peritoneal cavity of rats...
- Transgastric instrumentation and bacterial contamination of the peritoneal cavityVimal K Narula
Division of General Surgery, The Ohio State University School of Medicine and Public Health, 410 West 10th Avenue, Ohio, Columbus, 43210 1228, USA
Surg Endosc 22:605-11. 2008..We report the bacterial load and contamination of the peritoneal cavity in patients requiring a gastrotomy Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LSRYGB).
- Activation of paracrine TGF-beta1 signaling upon stimulation and degranulation of rat serosal mast cells: a novel function for chymaseK A Lindstedt
Wihuri Research Institute, FIN 00140 Helsinki, Finland
FASEB J 15:1377-88. 2001..Selective stimulation of mast cells in vivo in the rat peritoneal cavity leads to rapid overexpression of TGF-beta1 in peritoneal mast cells and of TbetaRs in peritoneal macrophages...
- Endoscopic closure of the natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) access site to the peritoneal cavity by means of transmural resorbable sutures: an animal survival studyD von Renteln
Department of Gastroenterology, Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum Ludwigsburg, Ludwigsburg, Germany
Endoscopy 41:154-9. 2009..To date, no endoscopic technique has utilized resorbable transmural sutures for closure of the NOTES gastrostomy...
- Comparison of Transgastric NOTES and laparoscopic peritoneoscopy for detection of peritoneal metastasesRogier P Voermans
Departments of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 250:255-9. 2009..Transgastric peritoneoscopy (TGP) may be a future alternative to the diagnostic laparoscopy (LAP)...
- Activation of human peritoneal immune cells in early stages of gastric and colon cancerWaldemar L Olszewski
Department for Surgical Research and Transplantology, Medical Research Center, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Surgery 141:212-21. 2007..We investigated mobilization of immune cells in peritoneal fluid of gastric and colon cancer, phenotypes and level of activation of recruited cells, and concentration of cellular and peritoneal fluid cytokines...
- Effects of nitric oxide on neutrophil influx depends on the tissue: role of leukotriene B4 and adhesion moleculesA C R M Leite
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 156:818-25. 2009..We investigated the effect of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibition on polymorphonuclear cell (PMN) influx in zymosan or lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced arthritis and peritonitis...
- Identification of a second neutrophil-chemoattractant cytokine generated during an inflammatory reaction in the rabbit peritoneal cavity in vivo. Purification, partial amino acid sequence and structural relationship to melanoma-growth-stimulatory activityP J Jose
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, U K
Biochem J 278:493-7. 1991..The identification of these two cytokines in vivo will provide an opportunity to investigate the importance of their co-release in the inflammatory process...
- Defective B1 cell homing to the peritoneal cavity and preferential recruitment of B1 cells in the target organs in a murine model for systemic lupus erythematosusToshihiro Ito
Department of Molecular Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 172:3628-34. 2004..We demonstrate in this study that B1 cells fail to home to the peritoneal cavity in aged BWF1 mice developing lupus nephritis, and that they are preferentially recruited to the target ..
- Histidine decarboxylase expression in mouse mast cell line P815 is induced by mouse peritoneal cavity incubationH Ohtsu
Department of Pharmacology I, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 77, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:28439-44. 1996Phenotype of P815 mouse mast cells changes markedly during culture in the peritoneal cavity of syngenic BDF1 mice...
- Does the use of a uterine manipulator with an intrauterine balloon in total laparoscopic hysterectomy facilitate tumor cell spillage into the peritoneal cavity in patients with endometrial cancer?S Lim
Center for Uterine Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang si, Korea
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:1145-9. 2008..Possible explanations are retrograde seeding of tumor cells into the peritoneal cavity, the pressure effect of the inflatable manipulator tip, and spillage of preexited tumor cells between the ..
- [A case of intravesical foreign body with a vesical rupture invading the peritoneal cavity: a case report]Hiroki Ito
The Department of Urology, Saiseikai Central Hospital, Tokyo
Hinyokika Kiyo 55:425-7. 2009..We performed open surgery, and found the urinary bladder to be perforated by a foreign body which invaded the peritoneal cavity. To our knowledge, there were 10 similar cases in Japan.
- The peritoneal cavity provides a protective niche for B1 and conventional B lymphocytes during anti-CD20 immunotherapy in miceYasuhito Hamaguchi
Department of Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 174:4389-99. 2005..By contrast, peritoneal cavity B cells expressed normal CD20 densities and were coated with CD20 mAb, but only 30-43% of B1 cells and 43-78%..
- The peritoneal cavity as a bioreactor for tissue engineering visceral organs: bladder, uterus and vas deferensGordon R Campbell
Centre for Research in Vascular Biology, Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 2:50-60. 2008..This study shows that myofibroblast tissue produced in the peritoneal cavity is sufficiently plastic to permit differentiation of cells into bladder, vas deferens or uterine smooth ..
- The natural history of free cancer cells in the peritoneal cavityYutaka Yonemura
Gastric Surgery Division, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Suntou gun, Nagaizumi machi, Japan
Recent Results Cancer Res 169:11-23. 2007
- A peritoneal cavity chamber for intravital microscopy of the liver under conditions of pneumoperitoneumI Leister
Department of General Surgery, Georg August University, Robert Kochstrasse 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Surg Endosc 17:939-42. 2003..Intravital microscopy allows direct visualization of the hepatic microvasculature. We report on a novel application of this technique using a chamber model that simulates the conditions of pneumoperitoneum...
- A novel safe approach to the peritoneal cavity for per-oral transgastric endoscopic proceduresSergey V Kantsevoy
Division of Gastroenterology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 1550 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 65:497-500. 2007..We have previously reported the feasibility and safety of per-oral transgastric endoscopic procedures in a porcine model...
- Morphological and functional changes in the dialysed peritoneal cavity: impact of more biocompatible solutionsOlivier Devuyst
Division of Nephrology, St Luc Academic Hospital, Université Catholique de Louvain Medical School, Brussels, Belgium
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:12-5. 2002..The introduction of new more biocompatible solutions potentially allows us to reverse or attenuate these negative changes. This will be discussed in the context of our current understanding of peritoneal pathology in PD...
- The peritoneal micromilieu commits B cells to home to body cavities and the small intestineSimon Berberich
Institute of Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Blood 109:4627-34. 2007..Here we report that exposure of naive B cells to the microenvironment of the peritoneal cavity modulates their migration propensities in the absence of antigenic stimulation...
- Sectional anatomy of the peritoneal reflections of the upper abdomen in the coronal planeZhenmei Zhao
Department of Anatomy, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan 250012, China
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:430-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to provide practical anatomic data for the imaging diagnosis and surgical treatment of the diseases of the subphrenic spaces...
- Haemopoietic origin of myofibroblasts formed in the peritoneal cavity in response to a foreign bodyJ H Campbell
Centre for Research in Vascular Biology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Vasc Res 37:364-71. 2000..5 mm outer diameter) or boiled blood clot (2-3 mm diameter) placed in their peritoneal cavity. After 3, 5, 7 and 14 days (n = 4/group) the implants were removed and those that had remained free-floating ..
- Patient characteristics associated with defects of the peritoneal cavity boundaryClaudia M A Van Dijk
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Perit Dial Int 25:367-73. 2005Conflicting literature exist regarding the patient characteristics that may confer an increased risk for anatomic complications of the peritoneal cavity boundaries.
- Kinetics and characterization of cellular responses in the peritoneal cavity of mice infected with Taenia crassicepsA Padilla
, , DF,
J Parasitol 87:591-9. 2001Changes in the leukocyte population of the peritoneal cavity ensue immediately after infection with Taenia crassiceps metacestodes...
- Inhibition of interleukin-22 attenuates bacterial load and organ failure during acute polymicrobial sepsisGeorg F Weber
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Infect Immun 75:1690-7. 2007..IL-22 therefore appears to play an important role in the regulation of inflammatory processes in vivo...
- Impairment of neutrophil emigration in CD18-null miceB Walzog
Department of Physiology, Freie Universitat Berlin, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol 276:G1125-30. 1999..intraperitoneal thioglycollate injection, an in vivo model of inflammation, leukocyte extravasation into the peritoneal cavity was studied in CD18-deficient and wild-type control mice...
- Involvement of MIP-2 and CXCR2 in neutrophil infiltration following injection of late apoptotic cells into the peritoneal cavityT Iyoda
Division of Molecular Medicine, Department of Biomolecular Science, Faculty of Science, Toho University, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8510, Japan
Apoptosis 9:485-93. 2004..We previously showed that injection of late apoptotic cells into the peritoneal cavity led to transient infiltration of neutrophils...
- Intraperitoneal injection of lipopolysaccharide induces dynamic migration of Gr-1high polymorphonuclear neutrophils in the murine abdominal cavityShuichi Miyazaki
Department of Microbiology, Toho University School of Medicine, Omori nishi 5 21 16, Ota ku, Tokyo 143 8540, Japan
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:452-7. 2004..or 6-carboxyfluorescein diacethoxylmethyl ester-labeled PMNs injected into the peritoneal cavity were detected in mesenteric lymph nodes 15 min postinjection of LPS...
- Effect of anatomical distribution of mast cells on their defense function against bacterial infections: demonstration using partially mast cell-deficient tg/tg miceTomoko Jippo
Department of Pathology, Medical School Graduate School of Frontier Bioscience, Osaka University, Yamada oka, 2 2, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Exp Med 197:1417-25. 2003Mast cells were depleted in the peritoneal cavity of WBB6F1-tg/tg mice that did not express a transcription factor, MITF...
- CXCR2 deficiency confers impaired neutrophil recruitment and increased susceptibility during Toxoplasma gondii infectionL Del Rio
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Immunol 167:6503-9. 2001..These results highlight an important role for CXCR2 in neutrophil migration, which may be important for early control of infection and induction of immunity during Toxoplasma infection...
- Paeonol inhibits anaphylactic reaction by regulating histamine and TNF-alphaSung Hoon Kim
Department of Oncology, Graduate School of East West Medical Science, Kyunghee University, 1 Seochunri Kiheungeup, Yoingin 449 701, South Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 4:279-87. 2004..5 mg/mouse versus PBS treated control 2 h after the i.p. injection of compound 48/80. These results suggest that paeonol has antianaphylatic activity by regulating histamine and TNF-alpha...
- Immune protection against septic peritonitis in endotoxin-primed mice is related to reduced neutrophil apoptosisC Feterowski
Department of Surgery, Klinikum rechts der Isar, , , Germany
Eur J Immunol 31:1268-77. 2001..The results also provide in vivo evidence that apoptosis of inflammatory cells represents an important process for the control of host defense to infection...
- Injection of lipopolysaccharide induces the migration of splenic neutrophils to the T cell area of the white pulp: role of CD14 and CXC chemokinesNicolas Kesteman
Institut de Biologie et Médecine Moléculaires, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Rue des Prof Jeener et Brachet 12, Gosselies, Belgium
J Leukoc Biol 83:640-7. 2008..This movement is CD14-dependent, whereas the recruitment of neutrophils in the peritoneal cavity is increased in the absence of CD14...
- Ontogeny, distribution and function of CD38-expressing B lymphocytes in miceF R Donís-Hernández
Department of Molecular Biomedicine, Centro de Investigacion y Estudios Avanzados del I P N, Mexico D F, Mexico
Eur J Immunol 31:1261-7. 2001..Interestingly, both immature B cells and peritoneal B1 lymphocytes were unresponsive to anti-CD38. However, they were activated by LPS or anti-CD40...
- Impaired mast cell development and innate immunity in Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18, CR3)-deficient miceA R Rosenkranz
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 161:6463-7. 1998..mice, which lack this receptor, have significant reductions in the numbers of mast cells resident in the peritoneal cavity, peritoneal wall, and dorsal skin...
- Resident peritoneal leukocytes are important sources of MMP-9 during zymosan peritonitis: superior contribution of macrophages over mast cellsElzbieta Kolaczkowska
Department of Evolutionary Immunobiology, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University, ul Ingardena 6, PL 30 060 Krakow, Poland
Immunol Lett 113:99-106. 2007..Overall, the study shows that resident tissue leukocytes, mostly macrophages, constitute an important cellular source(s) of inflammation-related factors and should be regarded as possible targets of anti-inflammatory treatment...
- Effect of Bisphenol A on non-specific immunodefenses against non-pathogenic Escherichia coliYoshiko Sugita-Konishi
Division of Microbiology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1, Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Toxicol Lett 136:217-27. 2003..After the challenge with E. coli, the activity to eliminate bacteria from the peritoneal cavity in the early stage of infection (within 24 h) was diminished compared with non-treated mice...
- Chemical sympathectomy alters numbers of splenic and peritoneal leukocytesP A Rice
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642, USA
Brain Behav Immun 16:62-73. 2002..Sympathectomy did not affect tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-12, or interferon-gamma production in cultured splenocytes or PEC in either infected or uninfected mice...
- Signaling through murine CD38 is impaired in antigen receptor-unresponsive B cellsF E Lund
DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Eur J Immunol 25:1338-45. 1995..Similarly, B-1 cells isolated from the peritoneal cavity of normal mice, and splenic B cells isolated from newborn mice were also unresponsive to both anti-IgM and ..
- Prostaglandin E2 stimulates granulocyte colony-stimulating factor production via the prostanoid EP2 receptor in mouse peritoneal neutrophilsYukihiko Sugimoto
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Immunol 175:2606-12. 2005..In the casein-induced peritonitis model, the appearance of G-CSF in the casein-injected peritoneal cavity associated well with the timing of neutrophil infiltration as well as PGE2 levels in exudates, with a peak ..
- The effects of chemical sympathectomy on T-cell cytokine responses are not mediated by altered peritoneal exudate cell function or an inflammatory responseTracy A Callahan
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, The Center for Psychoneuroimmunology Research, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Brain Behav Immun 16:33-45. 2002..These experiments indicate that an inflammatory response is not likely to be responsible for sympathectomy-induced immune alterations, eliminating a potential confounding factor in interpreting sympathectomy studies...
- 129X1/SvJ mouse strain has a novel defect in inflammatory cell recruitmentPeter White
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 168:869-74. 2002..Instead, the data revealed a novel and profound defect of cell recruitment in 129X1/SvJ mice, the strain most commonly used for gene deletion studies...
- Effect of lactational exposure to tributyltin chloride on innate immunodefenses in the F1 generation in miceKimiko Kimura
Department of Veterinary Science, Azabu University, Fuchinobe, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:1104-10. 2005..At weaning time, offspring were inoculated with Escherichia coli K-12, and bacterial clearances from the peritoneal cavity and spleen were examined...
- Mouse complement receptors type 1 (CR1;CD35) and type 2 (CR2;CD21): expression on normal B cell subpopulations and decreased levels during the development of autoimmunity in MRL/lpr miceK Takahashi
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa School of Medicine, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Immunol 159:1557-69. 1997..We hypothesize that the early decrease in complement receptor expression such as that demonstrated by MRL/lpr mice plays an important role in the pathogenesis of murine and perhaps human SLE...
- Transgenic mice showing inflammation-inducible overexpression of granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factorB Burke
Division of Infection and Immunity, Joseph Black Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:588-98. 2004..Inducible expression systems such as that described here could be of potential use in the study of the role of cytokines in health and disease and in the development of disease-resistant strains of livestock...
- A critical role for sphingosine kinase in anaphylatoxin-induced neutropenia, peritonitis, and cytokine production in vivoLiudmila Pietrovna Vlasenko
Department of Physiology, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Immunol 174:6456-61. 2005..The C5a i.p. injection triggered a fast recruitment of neutrophils, later followed by monocytes, into the peritoneal cavity. Vascular permeability was also observed: when we i.v. injected Evans blue before C5a i.p...
- Preferential attachment of peritoneal tumor metastases to omental immune aggregates and possible role of a unique vascular microenvironment in metastatic survival and growthScott A Gerber
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 169:1739-52. 2006Controlling metastases remains a critical problem in cancer biology. Within the peritoneal cavity, omental tissue is a common site for metastatic disease arising from intraperitoneal tumors; however, it is unknown why this tissue is so ..
- IgE generation and mast cell effector function in mice deficient in IL-4 and IL-13Susan C Fish
Wyeth Research, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
J Immunol 174:7716-24. 2005..These findings suggest that a mechanism for IgE production exists in vivo that is independent of IL-4 or IL-13...
- Anti-allergic properties of Mangifera indica L. extract (Vimang) and contribution of its glucosylxanthone mangiferinDagmar García Rivera
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Research, Center of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, P O Box 16042, Havana, Cuba
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:385-92. 2006..Mangiferin, the major compound of Vimang, contributes to the anti-allergic effects of the extract...
- Pharmacological study of anti-allergic activity of Syzygium cumini (L.) SkeelsF A Brito
Departamento de Farmacologia Aplicada, Instituto de Tecnologia em Fármacos, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 40:105-15. 2007....
- MTA-induced neutrophil recruitment: a mechanism dependent on IL-1beta, MIP-2, and LTB4Alessandra Cristina Gomes
Department of Basic Sciences, Araçatuba Dentistry School, Sao Paulo State University, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:450-6. 2008..The objective of this study was to investigate the mediators and the resident peritoneal cells involved in the neutrophil migration (NM) induced by mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA) in mice...
- Morphological alteration of peritoneal mast cells and macrophages in the mouse peritoneal cavity during the early phases of an allergic inflammatory reactionS M Oliani
Department of Biology, IBILCE-UNESP, , SP, Brazil
Cell Biol Int 25:795-803. 2001..Injection of ovalbumin (100 microg) into the peritoneal cavity of sensitised mice produced a rapid (within 2 h) influx of neutrophils followed by a slower (after >4 h) ..
- Comparative functional characterization of mouse bone marrow-derived mast cells and peritoneal mast cells in response to non-immunological stimuliR Singh
Division of Pharmacology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Indian J Exp Biol 39:323-8. 2001..It shows functional heterogeneity within a single species. So, it cannot be assumed that antiallergic compounds stabilizing mast cells in one tissue site or organ will be equally efficacious against mast cells in other sites...
- The cutaneous reverse Arthus reaction requires intercellular adhesion molecule 1 and L-selectin expressionYuko Kaburagi
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa, Japan
J Immunol 168:2970-8. 2002....
- Number of mast cells in the peritoneal cavity of mice: influence of microphthalmia transcription factor through transcription of newly found mast cell adhesion molecule, spermatogenic immunoglobulin superfamilyEiichi Morii
Department of Pathology, Room C2, Osaka University Medical School, Yamada oka 2 2, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Am J Pathol 165:491-9. 2004..No mast cells were detectable in the stomach, mesentery, and peritoneal cavity of B6-tg/tg mice...
- TLR3-induced activation of mast cells modulates CD8+ T-cell recruitmentZane Orinska
Department of Immunology and Cellular Biology, Research Center Borstel, Parkallee 22, D 23845 Borstel, Germany
Blood 106:978-87. 2005..of poly(I:C) show a decreased CD8+ T-cell recruitment, whereas granulocytes normally migrate to the peritoneal cavity. Mast-cell reconstitution of KitW/KitW-v mice normalizes the CD8+ T-cell influx...
- Mast cells can enhance resistance to snake and honeybee venomsMartin Metz
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Science 313:526-30. 2006..These findings identify a new biological function for mast cells in enhancing resistance to the morbidity and mortality induced by animal venoms...
- A comparative study of peritoneal mast cells from mutant IL-4 deficient and normal mice: evidence that IL-4 is not essential for mast cell development but enhances secretion via control of IgE binding and passive sensitizationE M Banks
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool, UK
Cytokine 8:190-6. 1996..In conclusion, IL-4 is not essential for peritoneal mast cell growth and exocytosis but regulates secretion via control of IgE binding and sensitization...
- ROLE OF B.FRAGILIS OXYGEN STRESS RESPONSE IN INFECTIONCharles J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is because relative to the colon, the peritoneal cavity is an oxygenated environment, and the recruitment of PMNs to the site of infection will result in exposure ..
- Molecular mechanism of antiangiogenic properties of gold nanoparticlePriyabrata Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2013..This disease starts at and is limited to the peritoneal cavity. Currently, National Cancer Institute (NCI) is encouraging a dual mode of therapy for advanced ovarian ..
- Characterization of the NOD2 NBD domain and role in chronic inflammationJae W Dugan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Macrophages prepared from bone marrow and peritoneal cavity will be studied for cytokine response, intracellular signalling and autophagosome formation in response to ..
- Role of Brain-Specific microRNAs in Suppression of Autoimmune NeuroinflammationHoward L Weiner; Fiscal Year: 2013..but not in inflammatory macrophages or normal macrophages isolated from blood, spleen, bone marrow, peritoneal cavity or liver...
- Enhancing neutrophil function in neutropenia-related pneumoniaHongbo R Luo; Fiscal Year: 2012..The recruitment of neutrophils to the inflamed peritoneal cavity was significantly enhanced in these mice...
- B1 B cells in abdominal obesity and diet-accelerated atherosclerosis in SLEXuemei Zhong; Fiscal Year: 2013..B1 B cells reside in the peritoneal cavity and omentum, in direct contact with accumulated and inflamed visceral adipose tissue...
- Antiprogestin therapy for ovarian cancerCARLOS MARCELO TELLERIA; Fiscal Year: 2012..the confines of the ovaries and into the nearby fallopian tubes, uterus, and various other sites within the peritoneal cavity. As a result, the majority of patients diagnosed with ovarian cancer require surgery followed by platinum-..
- RhoH GTPase in Hematopoiesis and CancerDavid A Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..of RhoH significantly delays the development of abnormal CD5+IgM+ cells in the bone marrow, spleen and peritoneal cavity. Using gene-targeting approaches, we have previously also demonstrated that Rac1 and Rac2 are required for ..
- ROLE OF B.FRAGILIS OXYGEN STRESS RESPONSE IN INFECTIONCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..This is because relative to the colon, the peritoneal cavity is an oxygenated environment, and the recruitment of PMNs to the site of infection will result in exposure ..
- Integrin Targeted Therapy for the Treatment of Ovarian CancerFRANK CALZONE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given that ovarian cancer is predominantly confined to the peritoneal cavity, the strategy of localized intraperitoneal (IP) chemotherapy is highly desirable...
- Intracavitary Hemostatic Agent for Non-compressible HemorrhageMartin Bluth; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our hypothesis is that once HAF is injected in the peritoneal cavity, it distributes and adheres evenly to the walls, improving the adhesiveness between lacerated tissues and ..
- Elastogenic Factor Functionalized Electrospun Scaffolds for in vivo Generation ofCHRISTOPHER A BASHUR; Fiscal Year: 2013..from (a) recruiting a young and potentially more inherently elastogenic source of autologous cells within a peritoneal cavity and (b) utilizing elastogenic factor (HA-o and TGF-21) functionalized electrospun meshes, with sub-micron ..
- ROLE OF CYTOKINES IN SEPSIS AND TRAUMADaniel G Remick; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific aim one will attempt to improve survival by enhancing early recruitment of neutrophils into the peritoneal cavity to help eradicate the focus of infection...
- Analysis of the Borrelia burgdorferi Integrin Ligand P66Jenifer L Coburn; Fiscal Year: 2013..The p66- mutants do survive in the protected environment of dialysis membrane chambers implanted into the peritoneal cavity, and in the tick after the bloodmeal...
- Lymphopoietic development in the extra-embryonic yolk sacMervin C Yoder; Fiscal Year: 2013..yolk sac and the para aortic splanchnopleura (P-Sp) and facilitate the homing of these cells into the peritoneal cavity. Though the extraembryonic yolk sac is the first site of primitive red blood cell, megakaryocyte, and ..
- Targeted liposomal radiotherapy of malignant mesotheliomaJiang He; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Malignant mesothelioma is a neoplasm of the mesothelial lining of the pleural or peritoneal cavity linked to prior exposure to asbestos...
- Aerobic Growth of Anaerobic PathogensABRAHAM LINCOLN SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..mainly associated with escape from the intestine due to leakage into and formation of abscesses in the peritoneal cavity. C...
- Metabolic changes in ovarian cancer cells initiated by metastasis to adipose tissErnst Lengyel; Fiscal Year: 2013..most epithelial tumors, in that hematogenous metastases are rare, and ovarian tumors remain confined to the peritoneal cavity. The omentum, a large pad of fat tissue (20x13x3cm) covering the bowel, is the most common site of OvCa ..
- Differentiation/migratory fate of monocyte-derived cellsGwendalyn J Randolph; Fiscal Year: 2013..This and other related studies were carried out in the peritoneal cavity, a specialized anatomic compartment that can allow egress of macrophages to the omentum and other adjacent ..
- Mechanisms of Monophosporyl Lipid A Immuno-Modulation in Septic ShockCHRISTOPHER DAVID MICHAEL ROMERO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mice will be treated with MPLA prior to bacterial challenge. Specific leukocyte populations in the peritoneal cavity, and bone marrow will be characterized by flow cytometry...
- Improving Vaccinia for Peritoneal Tumors: Enhanced Distribution &Immune EvasionDavid L Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2013..vvDD with the ability to evade the pre-exisiting anti-poxviral immunity and spread widely throughout the peritoneal cavity, by mutating the A34R gene...
- The Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 axis in endometriosisABIGAIL RUIZ-RIVERA; Fiscal Year: 2013..driving this proposal is that overexpression of CXCR4 protein in endometriotic epithelial cells reaching the peritoneal cavity in the menstrual fluid, and its unchartered activation by CXCL12, stimulates proliferation, invasion, and ..
- REGULATION OF OVARIAN CARCINOMA PROTEINASESMARY SHARON STACK; Fiscal Year: 2013..the EOC metastatic mechanism involves a novel shedding of multi-cellular aggregates (MCAs) into a cavity (peritoneal cavity) as anchorage-independent, chemotherapy-resistant spheroids...
- Peptide-targeted alpha-particle emitting phage for ovarian cancer therapy.Thomas P Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2013..spread is an important feature in the natural history of the disease;failure to control disease within the peritoneal cavity is a major cause of treatment failure...
- MUC1 Roles in ovarian cancer pathogenesis and immune therapyAnda M Vlad; Fiscal Year: 2013..because the disease is usually detected late, when the tumors have spread outside of the ovaries, in the peritoneal cavity. Delayed progress in the discovery and implementation of a more effective treatment is partly due to the ..
- Signaling in the ovarian cancer metastatic microenvironmentJill Slack-Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..carcinomas metastasize by invading through the mesothelium, a layer of mesothelial cells that line the peritoneal cavity. We reported a novel mechanism for the regulation of mesothelial invasion...
- Apoptosis Inducing to Enhance Tumor TargetingZe Lu; Fiscal Year: 2012..These patients usually present with multiple solid tumors in the peritoneal cavity;systemic intravenous (iv) therapy with various chemotherapeutic agents produce an overall response rate of &..
- Integrin Linked Kinase and Ovarian Cancer MetastasisLana Y Bruney; Fiscal Year: 2013..of EOC metastasis is unique in that epithelial cells detach from the primary tumor and are shed into the peritoneal cavity as single cells and multicellular aggregates (MCA), that adhere intraperitoneally...
- A T-independent pathway of B cell responses to oligomannosyl antigens of HIV-1Denong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Similarly, BMan9+ cells represent 10-12% of B-1a (CD19+CD5+) B cells in the mouse peritoneal cavity (PerC)...
- The Role of the Microenvironment in Early Ovarian Cancer MetastasisHILARY ANN KENNY; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the most important characteristics of ovarian cancer (OvCa) is metastasis of cancer cells to the peritoneal cavity. The main site of OvCa metastasis is the omentum...
- Regulation of the multiple polysaccharides of Bacteroides fragilisLaurie E Comstock; Fiscal Year: 2010..If Bacteroides fragilis gains access to the otherwise sterile peritoneal cavity due to a reach in the intestinal barrier from natural, traumatic, or surgical circumstances, it can become ..
- Utilizing Ethyl Nitrate Gas in Laparoscopic SurgeryJames Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..However, pneumoperiteneum, the act of insufflating the peritoneal cavity with gas, is not without physiologic consequence: pulmonary function is impaired and organ blood flows ..
- OPTIMIZATION OF INTRAPERITONEAL PDTDouglas Fraker; Fiscal Year: 2012..responses seen in this heavily pre-treated population but the majority of patients recurred within the peritoneal cavity. This initial Phase II trial using photofrin was limited primarily by low photosensitizer retention in tumor ..
- Receptor Cross-Talk in Early Metastatic DisseminationMARY SHARON STACK; Fiscal Year: 2013..a unique mechanism involving shedding of non-adherent cells as multi-cellular aggregates (MCAs) into the peritoneal cavity followed by intra-peritoneal (IP) implantation, and is often associated with peritoneal ascites...
- Hyaluronan/CD44 and the Early Endometriotic LesionRobert Schenken; Fiscal Year: 2005..proposes that fragments of menstrual endometrium pass retrograde through the fallopian tubes into the peritoneal cavity where they attach and grow on peritoneal surfaces...
- SURGERY AND IV NUTRITION MODULATE MACROPHAGE FUNCTIONW Helton; Fiscal Year: 1999..Mphis will be isolated from the mesenteric lymph nodes, peritoneal cavity, lung, and spleen and their function studied...
- Effects of Hyaluronan on Interstitial ConvectionMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..interstitial transport properties of the barrier between the blood and therapeutic dialysis solutions in the peritoneal cavity. To address the hypothesis, both acute and chronic studies will be carried out in which animals will be ..
- Dynamics of Peritoneal Dialysis Associated PeritonitisJohn Hotchkiss; Fiscal Year: 2004..dialysis, the abdominal cavity is intermittently filled with a fluid (PDF) that is allowed to dwell in the peritoneal cavity. During this dwell time, waste products, excess salts, and water diffuse into the PDF...
- CSF-1 and c-fms and the Early Endometriotic LesionRajeshwar Rao Tekmal; Fiscal Year: 2010..proposes that fragments of menstrual endometrium pass retrograde through the fallopian tubes into the peritoneal cavity where they attach and grow on peritoneal surfaces...
- BACTEROIDES FRAGILIS CAPSULES--SYNTHESIS AND VIRULENCEArthur Tzianabos; Fiscal Year: 1999..This research will expand our understanding of how bacteria promote abscess formation in the peritoneal cavity and may lead to better therapeutic measures to prevent or treat this disease process.
- TAS::75 0849::TAS MAGNETICALLY ENERGIZED NANOPARTICLES FOR TREATING OVARIAN CANCSTEPHEN BARRY; Fiscal Year: 2010..First, even when metastatic, ovarian cancer is most frequently restricted to the peritoneal cavity. Nanoparticles are readily injected into the tumor-associated-phagocyte-rich ascitic fluid that irrigates ..
- IN VIVO STUDY OF INTERSTITIAL CONVECTIONMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 1999..Prior research with this animal model has established: that protein acts as a marker of convection from the peritoneal cavity, that the rate of convection is directly proportional to the intraperitoneal (i.p...
- Evaluation of In Vivo Optical Imaging in Pancreatic and Ovarian Cancer PatientsLainie Martin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pancreatic and ovarian cancers have a high case-fatality rate due to the early spread of disease to the peritoneal cavity. We are currently unable to detect the spread of micrometastases in patients with apparently localized ..
- UTERINE BIOLOGY AND THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF ENDOMETRIOSISKevin Osteen; Fiscal Year: 2003..cases of endometriosis can be attributed to ectopic implantation of fragments of endometrium entering the peritoneal cavity following reflex menstruation...
- Antiprogestins in Cynomolgus EndometriosisRONALD WIEHLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..We established methods and the baseline levels of markers of inflammation in the peritoneal cavity of the monkey...
- Clinical Testing of an Insulin AnalogMichael Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..of present insulin formulations as stored for 1-3 months within the pump reservoir at 37oC within the peritoneal cavity. Such instability causes aberrant protein aggregation, which frequently impairs insulin delivery due to ..
- Commercialization of Human Omental Mesothelial Cells for ResearchYOLANDA LEA CURRIE; Fiscal Year: 2007..cells to allow transfer of waste products from the underlying vasculature to the dialysis fluid in the peritoneal cavity. Host response to peritoneal infection is mediated by the inflammatory cascade initiated and cytokines ..
- Commercialization of Human Mesothelial Cells for ResearchYOLANDA RENEE LEA CURRIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..cells to allow transfer of waste products from the underlying vasculature to the dialysis fluid in the peritoneal cavity. Host response to peritoneal infection is mediated by the inflammatory cascade initiated and cytokines ..
- Radioimmunotherapy: An Anti-Neoplastic StrategyAndres Forero; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, in patients with relapsed or primary refractory EOC confined to the peritoneal cavity (+/- retroperitoneal nodes), we will: determine the maximum tolerated dose of IP l31I-HuCC49ACH2 and its ..
- OPIOIDS, OPIOID RECEPTORS, AND SEPSISTOBY EISENSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..and induction of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in mesenteric lymph nodes, spleen, liver, blood, and peritoneal cavity of morphine or other opioid-treated mice using a quantitative, competitive RT-PCR technique; and 4) examine ..
- INTRAPERITONEAL GEMCITABINE--PHASE I & PARMACOKINETICSElizabeth Poplin; Fiscal Year: 1999..of IP chemotherapy is the ability to provide high regional drug concentrations for tumors confined to the peritoneal cavity. The pharmacokinetic advantage' of this regional therapy is primarily dependent on hepatic metabolism ..
- Apoptosis Inducing to Enhance Tumor TargetingZe Lu; Fiscal Year: 2004..These patients usually present with multiple solid tumors and malignant ascites in the peritoneal cavity that are not adequately managed by systemic intravenous (iv) therapy...
- PLEURAL LIQUID EXCHANGE AND LUNG MECHANICSSTEPHEN LAI FOOK; Fiscal Year: 2007..and other interstitial membranes and suggested that part of the pleural liquid might be derived from the peritoneal cavity via the diaphragm...
- ULTRASTRUCTURAL STUDIES OF CAPILLARY PERMEABILITYSTEVEN WISSIG; Fiscal Year: 1980..My project has three objectives. The first objective is to examine the pathway of lymphatic drainage of the peritoneal cavity. Peritoneal fluid leaves the cavity chiefly via initial uptake by terminal lymphatic lacunae located on the ..
- Phase ii intraperitoneal rhIL 12Ralph Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, decreased expression of the proangiogenic molecules FGF2 and VEGF on peritoneal cavity tumor was detected at higher dosing levels of IP rhIL- 12...
- PATHWAY(S) OF LEUKOCYTE EXTRAVASATION IN INFLAMMATIONAnn Dvorak; Fiscal Year: 2001..other inflammatory stimuli (proinflammatory cytokines, irritants, antigens, allergens), other tissue sites (peritoneal cavity as well as skin), and other species (rat, mouse, man)? To address this question, several different types of ..
- REGULATION OF B CELL CLONAL DIVERSITYJohn Kearney; Fiscal Year: 2000..to the diversity of B-cells that populate the different areas of the spleen and other sites including the peritoneal cavity and gut-associated tissues...
- AGING AND OVARIAN CANCERKATHERINE ROBY; Fiscal Year: 2000..Multiple tumor implants develop throughout the peritoneal cavity, just as observed in women with ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer is a disease of aging...
- TARGETING AND THERAPY OF TUMORS WITH MONOCLONAL ANTIBODYTSANN CHU; Fiscal Year: 1990..Human exfoliated ovarian tumor cells are usually disseminating throughtout the entire peritoneal cavity, and represent an ideal target for therapeutic manipulation in a confined compartment...
- TREATMENT OF OVARIAN CANCER WITH CONTORTROSTATINFRANCIS MARKLAND; Fiscal Year: 2001..Since OC disseminates inside the peritoneal cavity, local delivery of CN by intraperitoneal (i.p...
- MODIFIED TETRACYCLINE EFFECT ON SEPSIS-INDUCED MORTALITYPHILIP FREIDENREICH; Fiscal Year: 2006..results are as follows: 1) we successfully developed an injury consisting of a fecal clot (FC) placed in the peritoneal cavity plus clamping of the superior mesenteric artery (SMA) which resulted in ARDS within 48 hours of the insult, ..
- Pathophysiology of Primary Effusion LymphomaJOHN WHELAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..a finding that is amplified and confirmed in a new mouse model we developed for lymphocyte migration to the peritoneal cavity. Furthermore, this phenotype can be imparted to a non-PEL lymphoma cell line by transfecting genes from the ..
- TUMOR-SECRETED VASCULAR PERMEABILITY FACTORDONALD SENGER; Fiscal Year: 1993..emphasis on determining the significance of VPF expression for tumor growth and fluid accumulation in the peritoneal cavity. To determine the effects of VPF on tumor growth and fluid accumulation, animals bearing ascites tumors will ..
- B7.1 COSTIMULATION IN OVARIAN CANCERRalph Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2001..peritoneal antigen-presenting cells in vivo, and (b) whether the T-cell responses are inhibited in vitro by peritoneal cavity DR+ monocytes that secrete IL-10 and TGF-beta, and whether these effects can be reversed by monoclonal ..