Genomes and Genes
Summary: A layer of the peritoneum which attaches the abdominal viscera to the ABDOMINAL WALL and conveys their blood vessels and nerves.
Publications265 found, 100 shown here
- The chirality of gut rotation derives from left-right asymmetric changes in the architecture of the dorsal mesenteryNicole M Davis
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 15:134-45. 2008..chirality of midgut looping is determined by left-right asymmetries in the cellular architecture of the dorsal mesentery, the structure that connects the primitive gut tube to the body wall...
- Induction of protective IgA by intestinal dendritic cells carrying commensal bacteriaAndrew J Macpherson
Institute of Experimental Immunology, Universitatsspital, CH8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Science 303:1662-5. 2004....
- Long-term consequences of not closing the mesenteric defect after laparoscopic right colectomyJennifer C Cabot
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia Campus, New York, New York 10032, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 53:289-92. 2010..The controversy regarding closing the mesenteric defect after laparoscopic right colectomy remains a subject of debate. This study describes the consequences of not closing the mesenteric defect...
- Identification of class III β-tubulin as a marker of angiogenic perivascular cellsPeter C Stapor
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University, Lindy Boggs Center, Suite 500, New Orleans, LA 70118 5698, USA
Microvasc Res 83:257-62. 2012..The results identify class III β-tubulin as a marker of angiogenic perivascular cells and suggest that specific pericyte phenotypes are associated with capillary sprouting...
- Dissemination of persistent intestinal bacteria via the mesenteric lymph nodes causes typhoid relapseAmanda J Griffin
Center for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Translational Research, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, McGuire Translational Research Facility, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Infect Immun 79:1479-88. 2011..Together, these data describe a robust animal model of typhoid relapse and identify an important intestinal phagocyte subset involved in protection against the systemic spread of enteric infection...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: CT and MRI findingsKumaresan Sandrasegaran
Department of Radiology, Indiana University Medical Center, UH 0279, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Eur Radiol 15:1407-14. 2005..In one case the primary site was the mesentery, without involvement of bowel...
- Global transcriptional response of porcine mesenteric lymph nodes to Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumYanfang Wang
Department of Animal Science and Center for Integrated Animal Genomics Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Genomics 90:72-84. 2007..We propose that such NFkappaB suppression in antigen-presenting cells may be the mechanism by which S. Typhimurium eludes a strong inflammatory response to establish a carrier status in pigs...
- Mesenteric lymph nodes at the center of immune anatomyAndrew J Macpherson
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 3Z5, Canada
J Exp Med 203:497-500. 2006....
- Childhood abdominal cystic lymphangiomaOsnat Konen
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Meir General Hospital, Sapir Medical Centre, Kfar Saba 44281, Israel
Pediatr Radiol 32:88-94. 2002..US and CT have a major role in the correct preoperative diagnosis and provide important information regarding location, size, adjacent organ involvement, and expected complications...
- Anatomical discrimination of the differences between torn mesentery tissue and internal organ-surface primo-vesselsSanghun Lee
Division of Standard Research, Acupuncture, Moxibustion and Meridian Research Center, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
J Acupunct Meridian Stud 3:10-5. 2010..primo-vessel (Bong-Han duct) system is the correct identification of samples, due to similarities between torn mesentery and primo-vessel tissue...
- Mesenteric lymph nodes confine dendritic cell-mediated dissemination of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium and limit systemic disease in miceSabrina Voedisch
Institute of Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Infect Immun 77:3170-80. 2009..Typhimurium. Thus, confinement of S. Typhimurium in gut-associated lymphoid tissue and MLN delays massive extraintestinal dissemination and at the same time allows for the establishment of protective adaptive immune responses...
- The palliative benefit of aggressive surgical intervention for both hepatic and mesenteric metastases from neuroendocrine tumorsAnthony J Chambers
University of Calgary, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Surgery 144:645-51; discussion 651-3. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess whether aggressive surgical intervention of metastatic NETs provides effective palliation from these symptoms...
- Heterotopic mesenteric ossification: a distinctive pseudosarcoma commonly associated with intestinal obstructionRajiv M Patel
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 1364 Clifton Road NE, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30222, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:119-22. 2006..The tumors occurred in the mesentery (N = 4), omentum (N = 1), or both (N = 1) and were preceded by significant abdominal surgery (4 cases) or trauma ..
- Putative primo-vascular system in mesentery of ratsPing An
Biomedical Physics Laboratory, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Acupunct Meridian Stud 3:232-40. 2010..These vessels were not floating or freely movable but lay in a regular position in the mesentery in the abdominal cavity of the rat, being observed between the cecum and small intestine and between the colon ..
- Angiogenic stimulus determines the positioning of pericytes within capillary sprouts in vivoAna M Ponce
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, 22908, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Microvasc Res 65:45-8. 2003
- Ectopic Cushing' syndrome caused by a neuroendocrine carcinoma of the mesenteryMathias Fasshauer
Division of Endocrinology and Nephrology, University of Leipzig, Philipp Rosenthalstr 27, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
BMC Cancer 6:108. 2006..report the first case of Cushing' syndrome caused by an ectopic ACTH-secreting neuroendocrine carcinoma of the mesentery. Moreover, diagnostic procedures and pitfalls associated with ectopic ACTH-secreting tumors are demonstrated and ..
- Nucleotide oligomerization domains 1 and 2: regulation of expression and function in preadipocytesThorsten Stroh
Department of Medicine I, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 181:3620-7. 2008..Thus, our results further strengthen the allocation of the mesenteric fat and especially of preadipocytes to the innate immune system...
- Asbestos content of omentum and mesentery in nonoccupationally exposed individualsR F Dodson
The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
Toxicol Ind Health 17:138-43. 2001..Our laboratory has recently shown that asbestos fibers also reach the mesentery and omentum in the peritoneal area where a small percentage of mesotheliomas occurs in exposed individuals...
- Production of adiponectin, an anti-inflammatory protein, in mesenteric adipose tissue in Crohn's diseaseK Yamamoto
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 B 5, Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Gut 54:789-96. 2005..We recently identified adiponectin as an adipocyte specific protein with anti-inflammatory properties. Here we report on expression of adiponectin in mesenteric adipose tissue of CD patients...
- Primary gastrointestinal stromal tumors in the omentum and mesentery: CT findings and pathologic correlationsHyo Cheol Kim
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1463-7. 2004This study was undertaken to describe the CT features of primary gastrointestinal stromal tumors in the omentum and mesentery and to identify any pathologic correlation.
- Cutting edge: egress of newly generated plasma cells from peripheral lymph nodes depends on beta 2 integrinOliver Pabst
Institute of Immunology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Immunol 174:7492-5. 2005..v., our findings provide profound evidence that beta(2) integrins are required for the egress of plasma cells from peripheral lymph nodes...
- Generation of human-induced pluripotent stem cells from gut mesentery-derived cells by ectopic expression of OCT4/SOX2/NANOGYang Li
Peking University Stem Cell Research Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cell Reprogram 12:237-47. 2010..In the present study, we investigated whether human fetal gut mesentery-derived cells (hGMDCs) could be successfully reprogrammed into induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells by OCT4, ..
- Microvascular and tissue oxygen gradients in the rat mesenteryA G Tsai
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0412, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:6590-5. 1998..The high metabolic rate of the vessel wall relative to parenchymal tissue in the rat mesentery suggests that in addition to serving as a conduit for the delivery of O2 the microvasculature has other ..
- Effect of total or partial uterus extirpation on uterus-projecting neurons in porcine inferior mesenteric ganglion. A. Changes in expression of transmitter-synthesizing enzymes--tyrosine hydroxylase, dopamine beta-hydroxylase and choline acetyltransferaseK Wasowicz
University of Warmia and Mazury, Department of Animal Anatomy, Oczapowskiego 13, 10 957 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 6:131-45. 2003....
- Effect of total or partial uterus extirpation on uterus-projecting neurons in porcine inferior mesenteric ganglion. C. Changes in expression of apoptosis-associated (Bcl-2 and Bax) and regeneration-associated (GAP-43) proteinsK Wasowicz
University of Warmia and Mazury, Department of Animal Anatomy, Oczapowskiego 13, 10 957 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 6:161-72. 2003....
- Protective effects of dihydroxylphenyl lactic acid and salvianolic acid B on LPS-induced mesenteric microcirculatory disturbance in ratsJun Guo
Tasly Microcirculation Research Center, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
Shock 29:205-11. 2008..Treatment with DLA or SAB significantly ameliorated LPS-induced microcirculatory disturbance in rat mesentery and inhibited both the expression of CD11b and CD18 and the production of *O2- and H2O2 by neutrophils caused by ..
- Effect of total or partial uterus extirpation on sympathetic uterus-projecting neurons in porcine inferior mesenteric ganglion. B. Changes in expression of neuropeptide Y, galanin, vasoactive intestinal polypeptide, pituitary adenylate-cyclase activating K Wasowicz
University of Warmia and Mazury, Department of Animal Anatomy, Oczapowskiego 13, 10 957 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 6:147-60. 2003..No VIP and SP expression was detected in all ganglia. The presented data show clear axotomy-related changes in the expression of GAL and NPY in the uterus-projecting neurons of the porcine IMG...
- Social stress affects migration of blood T cells into lymphoid organsVolker Stefanski
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 138:17-24. 2003..Substantially higher localization was observed in the bone marrow of socially stressed males...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor attenuates leukocyte-endothelium interaction during acute endothelial dysfunction: essential role of endothelium-derived nitric oxideR Scalia
Department of Physiology, Jefferson Medical College Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
FASEB J 13:1039-46. 1999..v., bolus). Superfusion of the rat mesentery with either 0...
- Mesenteric paraganglioma: report of a caseAkitoshi Kudoh
Department of Surgery, Ube Central Hospital, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 0151, Japan
Surg Today 35:594-7. 2005We report a rare case of a solitary primary paraganglioma arising in the mesentery, found in a 72-year-old woman who presented with abdominal pain and a palpable abdominal mass...
- Aggravation of DSS-induced colitis after chronic subordinate colony (CSC) housing is partially mediated by adrenal mechanismsStefan O Reber
Institute of Zoology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Stress 11:225-34. 2008..In conclusion, exposure to chronic psycho-social stress increases the severity of acute DSS colitis, an effect which is, at least partly, mediated by adrenal mechanisms...
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the sigmoid colon mesentery: US and CT findings (2004:12b)Selma Uysal
2nd Department of Radiology, Ankara Training and Research Hospital, Cebeci Ankara, Turkey
Eur Radiol 15:633-5. 2005..Although one of the most common intra-abdominal sites is the mesentery, localization within the mesentery of the sigmoid colon is particularly rare...
- Surfactant proteins in the digestive tract, mesentery, and other organs: evolutionary significanceJ R Bourbon
INSERM Unité 319, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, 2 place Jussieu, 75251 Cedex 05, Paris, France
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 129:151-61. 2001..have been found in a number of tissues, including gastric and intestinal mucosae, mesothelial tissues (mesentery, peritoneum, and pleura), synovial cells, Eustachian tube and sinus, and possibly in salivary glands, pancreas, ..
- Primary extragastrointestinal stromal tumors in the omentum and mesentery: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical studyJ Llenas-García
Internal Medicine Service, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Hepatogastroenterology 55:1002-5. 2008..describe the clinical, histological and immunohistochemical characteristics of primary extragastrointestinal stromal tumors (EGISTs) of the omentum and mesentery diagnosed in the Hospital 12 de Octubre, in Madrid, Spain, from 1993-2005.
- Uterus-like mass of the small bowel mesenteryY Horie
Department of Pathology, Tottori University Hospital, Yonago, Japan
Pathol Int 50:76-80. 2000A case of a uterus-like mass arising from the mesentery is reported. A mass measuring 14x11 cm was noted in the small bowel mesentery of a 59-year-old woman...
- An extrarenal malignant rhabdoid tumor suspected to originate from the mesentery in an adult: report of a caseMasaharu Ohgaki
Department of Surgery, Fukuchiyama City Hospital, 231 Atsunaka cho, Fukuchiyama, Kyoto 602 8505, Japan
Surg Today 33:556-9. 2003..After one series of examinations, the patient underwent a laparotomy. Most such tumors are situated in the mesentery and involve the small intestine, and thus we diagnosed it to originate from mesentery...
- Relationships between lymphangiogenesis and angiogenesis during inflammation in rat mesentery microvascular networksRichard S Sweat
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 10:198-207. 2012..The objective of this study was to characterize the temporal and spatial relationships between lymphatic and blood vessel growth in the adult rat mesentery following an inflammatory stimulus.
- Recurrent ectopic pancreatitis of the jejunum and mesentery over a 30-year periodJohn C T Wong
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 10:218-20. 2011..We describe a case of ectopic pancreas of the small bowel and mesentery causing recurrent episodes of pancreatitis, initially suspected on computed tomography (CT) and magnetic ..
- Malignant perivascular epithelioid cell tumor of the mesentery: a case report and literature reviewChien Liang Lai
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Onkologie 35:114-7. 2012..However, only 3 cases of mesenteric PEComa have been described in the literature so far. The treatment and prognosis of malignant mesenteric PEComas are discussed...
- Successful laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma adhered to the mesentery after transcatheter arterial embolizationKazutaka Kurokohchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa University School of Medicine, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Oncol Rep 13:65-8. 2005..After inserting a laparoscope into the abdominal cavity, it was observed that HCC unexpectedly adhered to the mesentery as a result of TAE performed previously...
- Mesenteric lymph node cavitation in celiac diseaseDenise Reddy
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:247. 2002
- Angiogenesis in mesenteric microvascular networks from spontaneously hypertensive versus normotensive ratsMing Yang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Microcirculation 18:574-82. 2011..The objective of this study was to compare angiogenesis across the time course of mesenteric microvascular network remodeling in adult spontaneously hypertensive versus normotensive rats...
- Mucosal immunosuppression and epithelial barrier defects are key events in murine psychosocial stress-induced colitisStefan O Reber
Department of Behavioral and Molecular Neuroendocrinology, Neuroscience Centre, University of Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Brain Behav Immun 25:1153-61. 2011..However, aggravation by the immune-modulatory effects of fluctuating levels of adrenal hormones is required to develop this into a full-blown colitis...
- Mesenteric paragangliomaSuhail Muzaffar
Department of Pathology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Can J Surg 45:459-60. 2002
- Paraganglioma of the mesenterium: a case reportM ml Svajdler
Department of Pathology, Louis Pasteur Faculty Hospital, Kosice
Cesk Patol 43:153-6. 2007..We report a case of extra-adrenal paraganglioma occurring in the small intestine mesentery in a 65-year-old man...
- A mesenteric paragangliomaNa Guo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, 20 The People of South Road, Chengdu 610041, China
J Clin Neurosci 16:1650-1. 2009Mesenteric paraganglioma is a solitary primary paraganglioma that occurs in the mesentery. It is a rare and unusual tumor, especially in non-typical sites such as the inferior mesenteric artery...
- Determinants of valve gating in collecting lymphatic vessels from rat mesenteryMichael J Davis
Dept of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, Univ of Missouri School of Medicine, 1 Hospital Dr, Rm M451, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H48-60. 2011..Lymphatic vessels were isolated from rat mesentery, cannulated, and pressurized using a servo-control system...
- Granulocytic sarcoma of mesentery in acute myeloid leukemia with CBFB/MYH11 fusion gene but not inv(16) chromosome: case report and review of literatureAtsushi Fujieda
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Leuk Res 30:1053-7. 2006..Thus, the characteristics of inv(16) with GS are not well understood. Here, we describe a patient with AML and mesentery GS...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of small bowel mesentery: a case report and review of the literatureMichael I Lau
Department of General Surgery, Victoria Hospital, Blackpool, United Kingdom
Tumori 96:1035-9. 2010..We report a case of solitary fibrous tumor arising from the mesentery of the small intestine...
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the mesentery: report of two cases and review of the literatureL Basso
Department of Surgery Pietro Valdoni, General Surgery Unit, University of Rome La Sapienza
G Chir 26:43-6. 2005Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma (MFH) rarely affects the abdomen and only a few cases arising in the mesentery have to date been discovered...
- Indomethacin-induced ileitis is associated with tensiometric, vascular and oxidative changes in the experimental rat modelA L Piepoli
University Medical School, Bari, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 35:271-8. 2005..Indomethacin-induced enteritis is a model of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Giant liposarcoma of the mesentery. Report of a caseGuido Cerullo
Department of General Surgery and Surgical Oncology, U O Surgical Oncology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 78:443-5. 2007..A xifopubic laparotomy confirmed the presence of a pedunculated growth originating from the mesentery. The mass was removed and the histopathological report noted a well differentiated sclerosing liposarcoma with ..
- Improving effect of pretreatment with yiqifumai on LPS-induced microcirculatory disturbance in rat mesenteryQing Yuan
Department of Intensive Care Unit, Beijing Friendship Hospital Affiliated to Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing, China
Shock 32:310-6. 2009..The present study investigated the effect of pretreatment of yiqifumai on rat mesentery microcirculatory disturbance induced by LPS...
- From the archives of the AFIP: benign fibrous tumors and tumorlike lesions of the mesentery: radiologic-pathologic correlationAngela D Levy
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 6825 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 26:245-64. 2006..fibrous tumor constitute a loosely associated group of benign fibrous tumors and tumorlike lesions of the mesentery. These lesions are linked histologically by the presence of fibroblasts or fibrosis and anatomically by their ..
- Mesenteric paraganglioma: a case report and review of the literatureShabnam Jaffer
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:362-4. 2002..We report such a case of extra-adrenal paraganglioma occurring in the anterior mesentery in a 76-year-old man...
- Small bowel volvulus secondary to a mesenteric lipoma: a case report and review of the literatureA S McCoubrey
Dept of General Surgery, Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Londonderry, NI
Ir J Med Sci 175:79-80. 2006..Small bowel volvulus is rare in adults and often has a precipitating factor...
- Intra-abdominal cystic lymphangiomas in infancy and childhoodChih Cheng Luo
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chang Gung Children s Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Chang Gung Med J 27:509-14. 2004..In an attempt to establish a best diagnostic and treatment modality, we report our experience dealing with intra-abdominal CL during a 5-year period...
- Mesenteric lipoma: report of a case with emphasis on US findingsM Sato
School of Medicine, Akita University, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita, Japan
Eur Radiol 12:793-5. 2002..Color Doppler US and angiography confirmed the avascular nature of the mass. Knowledge of the US findings in this case is useful for the diagnosis of ML...
- ET-1-associated vasomotion and vasospasm in lymphatic vessels of the guinea-pig mesenteryJun Zhao
The Neuroscience Group, Discipline of Human Physiology, The School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, The University of Newcastle, Room MS 405, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 140:1399-413. 2003....
- Giant cystic lymphangioma of the small bowel mesentery: report of a caseHiroaki Tsukada
Department of Surgery, Murakami Memorial Hospital, 3 23 Hashimoto cho, Gifu 500 8523, Japan
Surg Today 32:734-7. 2002..At laparotomy, a giant cystic tumor of the small bowel mesentery was found. Histologically, the tumor was diagnosed as a cystic lymphangioma...
- Intestinal obstruction in the terminal ileum caused by an anomalous congenital vascular band between the mesoappendix and the mesentery: report of a caseAtsuyuki Maeda
Department of Surgery, Anjo Kosei Hospital, Anjo, Japan
Surg Today 34:793-5. 2004..veins, and nerve fibers, suggesting that it was congenital and originated from a remnant of the ventral mesentery in the embryonic period...
- Mesenteric fibromatosis with involvement of the gastrointestinal tract. A GIST simulator: a study of 25 casesJaime A Rodriguez
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Am J Clin Pathol 121:93-8. 2004....
- Glomus tumor of the mesentery with atypical features: a case reportAnthonius F J de Bruin
Department of Surgical Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Surg Pathol 16:440-2. 2008..As very few intraabdominal glomus are described, the malignant potential of these tumors stays uncertain for longer period...
- Partial abdominal evisceration, ex vivo resection, and intestinal autotransplantation for the treatment of pathologic lesions of the root of the mesenteryAndreas G Tzakis
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Am Coll Surg 197:770-6. 2003Resection of lesions of the root of the mesentery with established techniques is difficult and at times impossible because of their proximity to the blood supply of the intestine...
- Mesenteric volvulus in children: two autopsy cases and review of the literatureNursel Turkmen
Uludag University Medical Faculty, Forensic Medicine Department, Gorukle 16059, Bursa, Turkey
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 20:133-5. 2008..We also review the literature on possible aetiologies and mechanism of small bowel mesenteric volvulus, as well as its management...
- Hemangiopericytoma of mesentery: a case reportK M Prathima
Department of Pathology, Sri Devraj URS Medical College, Tamaka, Kolar
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 46:69-70. 2003..A case of hemangiopericytoma of mesentery in a 38 years old female is reported for its rarity...
- Advances in small animal mesentery models for in vivo flow cytometry, dynamic microscopy, and drug screeningEkaterina I Galanzha
Philips Classic Laser Laboratories, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, United States
World J Gastroenterol 13:192-218. 2007Using animal mesentery with intravital optical microscopy is a well-established experimental model for studying blood and lymph microcirculation in vivo...
- Interstitial Cajal-like cells in rat mesentery: an ultrastructural and immunohistochemical approachM E Hinescu
Victor BabesNational Institute of Pathology, Bucharest, Romania
J Cell Mol Med 12:260-70. 2008..Here, we describe a cell type of rat mesentery sharing ultrastructural and immunohistochemical features with ICLC...
- In situ surgical procedures for locally advanced pancreatic cancer: partial abdominal evisceration and intestinal autotransplantationHodaka Amano
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, 2 11 1, Kaga cho, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8605, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 16:771-6. 2009Pancreatic cancers in which invasion to the root of the mesentery are suspected have been regarded as unresectable in general...
- Mesenteric lymph nodes are critical for the induction of high-dose oral tolerance in the absence of Peyer's patchesThomas W Spahn
Department of Medicine B, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Munster, Germany
Eur J Immunol 32:1109-13. 2002..Taken collectively, the data show that in the presence of MLN PP are not required for OT induction and that the presence of MLN is sufficient for OT induction in the LTalpha-/- model...
- Mesenteric fat in Crohn's disease: a pathogenetic hallmark or an innocent bystander?Laurent Peyrin-Biroulet
INSERM U795, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Gut 56:577-83. 2007
- Contribution of mesenterial muscle dedifferentiation to intestine regeneration in the sea cucumber Holothuria glaberrimaAnn Ginette Candelaria
Department of Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, PR 00931
Cell Tissue Res 325:55-65. 2006..the species Holothuria glaberrima, intestinal regeneration involves the formation of thickenings along the free mesentery edge; these thickenings will later give rise to the regenerated organ...
- Dose effects of continuous vinblastine chemotherapy on mammalian angiogenesis mediated by VEGF-APer Albertsson
Department of Oncology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 47:293-300. 2008..The surrogate tumor-free rat mesentery model, allowing the study of antiangiogenic effects per se, was used...
- Low-dose continuous 5-fluorouracil infusion stimulates VEGF-A-mediated angiogenesisPer Albertsson
Department of Oncology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Oncol 48:418-25. 2009..The aim of the present study was to extend the investigation of the angiogenesis-modulating effects of 5-FU by prolonging the continuous infusion treatment time...
- Induction of colitis causes inflammatory responses in fat depots: evidence for substance P pathways in human mesenteric preadipocytesIordanes Karagiannides
Gastrointestinal Neuropeptide Center, Division of Gastroenterology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5207-12. 2006..We speculate that mesenteric fat depots may participate in intestinal inflammatory responses via SP-NK-1R-related pathways, as well as other systemic responses to the presence of an ongoing inflammation of the colon...
- Giant mesenteric fibromatosis presenting as small bowel obstructionStefan Holubar
Department of Surgery, North Shore University Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Manhasset, New York, USA
Am Surg 72:427-9. 2006Mesenteric fibromatosis is a proliferative fibroblastic neoplasia of the small intestine mesentery that may occur as a unique or multiple formation...
- [Clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study of extra-gastrointestinal stromal tumors arising from the omentum and mesentery]Zu yun Li
Department of Pathology, Fist Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530021, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:11-4. 2005..and immunohistochemical features of extra-gastrointestinal stromal tumors (EGIST) arising from the omentum and mesentery and to investigate the cellular origin of these tumors, prognostic factors, and the relationships with ..
- Giant mesenteric lipoma as a rare cause of ileus in a child: report of a caseSeyhmus Kerem Ozel
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Firat University Faculty of Medicine, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Surg Today 34:470-2. 2004..Because of its rare etiologic origin, we report the case of a 7-year-old girl with a mass in the abdomen and ileus, found to be caused by a mesenteric lipoma...
- Primary mesenteric lipoma causing closed loop bowel obstruction: a case reportHeong Ieng Wong
Department of Medical Imaging, Kaoshiung Medical University, Kaoshiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 21:138-41. 2005..The long stalk of the lipoma that caused secondary volvulus and rapid ischemic change in our patient is worth reporting because of its rarity and distinctive picture in emergency abdominal computed tomography...
- Inhibition of T cell MAPKs (Erk 1/2, p38) with thermal injury is related to down-regulation of Ca2+ signalingNadeem Fazal
Burn and Shock Trauma Institute, Department of Surgery, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1741:113-9. 2005..This finding suggests that T cell signaling derangements with thermal injury involve an altered cross-talk between Ca(2+) mobilization and MAPK signaling mechanisms...
- Extragenital cystic lesions of peritoneum, mesentery and retroperitoneum of the female. Clinicopathological characteristics of 19 casesA Kondi-Pafiti
Pathology Laboratory, Aretaieion University Hospital, University of Athens, Medical School, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 26:323-6. 2005..are presented of 19 extragenital cystic lesions of female patients located at the retroperitoneum (9 cases), the mesentery (6 cases) and the peritoneum (4 cases). Median age was 42.3 years and the main symptom was abdominal pain...
- Mucinous cystadenoma of colonic mesentery: report of a caseAnjay Talwar
Department of Coloproctology, Poole Hospital, Dorset, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 47:1412-4. 2004Cystic tumors of the retroperitoneum, omentum, and mesentery are extremely rare lesions. We report a case of one such lesion in the mesentery of the left hemicolon that was mistaken on imaging to be an ovarian tumor...
- Intra-abdominal fibromatosis of the jejunum and mesenteryS A Pai
J Clin Pathol 57:1119. 2004
- Cystic lymphangioma of the jejunal mesentery in an adult: a case reportChuang Wei Chen
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:5084-6. 2005..At laparotomy, a large cystic tumor of the small bowel mesentery was found. Histopathologic examination diagnosed the tumor as a cystic lymphangioma...
- Desmoid tumor of the small bowel and the mesenterySilvana C Faria
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Box 57, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:118. 2004
- Small bowel volvulus due to giant mesenteric lipomaA Cherian
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Hospital Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Pediatr Surg Int 20:869-71. 2004..To the best of our knowledge, this presentation of a mesenteric lipoma is unknown in the previous paediatric literature...
- Intracellular Salmonella inhibit antigen presentation by dendritic cellsCedric Cheminay
Institut fur Klinische Mikrobiologie, Immunologie und Hygiene, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Immunol 174:2892-9. 2005..The subversion of DC functions is a novel strategy deployed by this pathogen to escape immune defense, colonize host organs, and persist in the infected host...
- Intravital microscopy for the study of mouse microcirculation in anti-inflammatory drug research: focus on the mesentery and cremaster preparationsFelicity N E Gavins
The William Harvey Research Institute, Bart s and The Royal London, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6BQ, UK
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 49:1-14. 2004..present article reviews the methods of the technique of intravital microscopy, in particular focussing on the mesentery and cremaster preparations...
- Laparoscopic closure of the Petersen mesenteric defectMelissa H Coleman
Division of Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Obes Surg 16:770-2. 2006..The method has been used successfully to reduce the incidence of internal herniation after laparoscopic RYGBP...
- Fulminant nonocclusive mesenteric ischemia developing just after esophagectomyN Hokamura
Department of Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 46:2865-7. 1999..Diagnosis and treatment of NOMI after a major surgery are quite difficult...
- [Mesenteric closure in laparoscopic gastric bypass: surgical technique and literature review]Kelvin Higa
Bariatric Surgery, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Associates Medical Group, Fresno, CA, USA
Cir Esp 82:77-88. 2007..The optimal results achieved with complete closure of all mesenteric defects have also been observed by other authors...
- Thermal injury-plus-sepsis contributes to a substantial deletion of intestinal mesenteric lymph node CD4 T cell via apoptosisNadeem Fazal
Department of Biological Sciences, Chicago State University, Chicago, IL 60628, USA
Int J Biol Sci 3:393-401. 2007..The latter happening could be responsible for high morbidity and mortality in the injured host afflicted with thermal injury plus a critical infection...
- Discontinuous expression of endothelial cell adhesion molecules along initial lymphatic vessels in mesentery: the primary valve structureWalter L Murfee
Department of Bioengineering, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code 0412, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 5:81-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the expression pattern of adhesion molecules at endothelial cell junctions in an adult initial lymphatic network...
- A mucinous cystadenoma in the mesentery of the right hemicolonS Zwaveling
Department of Surgery, Rijnland Hospital, Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
Acta Chir Belg 108:354-5. 2008Cysts of the mesentery, retroperitoneum and omentum are rare. We present a patient with a mucinous cystadenoma in the mesentery of the right hemicolon. The exact aetiology of these cysts at the aforementioned sites is still unclear...
- Influence of dexamethasone on mesenteric lymph node of rats with severe acute pancreatitisXi Ping Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Hangzhou First People s Hospital, Hangzhou 310006, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:3511-7. 2008..To study the influence and mechanisms of dexamethasone on mesenteric lymph node of rats with severe acute pancreatitis (SAP)...
- Congenital mesenteric defects and unexpected death-a rare finding at autopsyRoger W Byard
Discipline of Pathology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:245-8. 2008..of sudden and/or unexpected death in the young are uncommon and only rarely involve congenital anomalies of the mesentery. Two cases are reported of unexpected deaths following herniation of intestine through congenital mesenteric ..
- Large mesenteric lipoma ultrasonographically mimicking a mature cystic teratoma during pregnancyDavid M Sherer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10019, USA
J Ultrasound Med 21:473-6. 2002
- Lymphatic mapping and sentinel node biopsy in the colonic mesentery by Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES)R A Cahill
Department of Surgery, IRCAD EITS, Strasbourg, 67000, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2677-83. 2008..Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) may however effect sentinel node biopsy from within the peritoneum...
- Duodeno-jejunal atresia with volvulus, absent dorsal mesentery, and absent superior mesenteric artery: a hereditary compound structure in duodenal atresia?W Pumberger
Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Am J Med Genet 109:52-5. 2002..with duodeno-jejunal atresia associated with malrotation, volvulus, and absent parietal attachment of the mesentery. Gross absence of the mesentery and absence of distal parts of the superior mesenteric artery were the most ..
- Torsion of a giant mesenteric lipomaJonathan D Wolko
Department of Radiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, P O Box 19, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 0019, USA
Pediatr Radiol 33:34-6. 2003..This is an important but unusual tumor and should be considered in the differential of fatty lesions within the mesentery.
- Segmental misty mesentery: analysis of CT features and primary causesBo Kyoung Seo
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Ku, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Radiology 226:86-94. 2003To review the computed tomographic (CT) features of segmental misty mesentery (SMM) in 29 patients and assess the primary causes of this CT finding.
- Tumor Cell Arrest and Adhesion in the MicrocirculationBingmei M Fu; Fiscal Year: 2013..MCF-10A), and malignant (AU-565) breast epithelial cells in straight and curved/stretched microvessels on rat mesentery under known bulk flow rates and a) under conditions of normal and increased permeability by VEGF, b) after ..
- Role of mesenteric lymphatics and dietary endotoxin in metabolic syndromeDAVID CARL ZAWIEJA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, this proposal will identify important targets bridging the mesentery milieu and lymphatic function, which could potentially provide diagnostic tools and/or therapies to improve ..
- Multiscale, Transport-Dependent NO Signaling: Cells to Vascular NetworksDov Jaron; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results will be compared with the simulations. In vivo: Experiments will be performed using the rat mesentery and apolipoprotein-E deficient mice...
- Mechanisms underlying asymmetric rotation and vascular development of the midgutNatasza A Kurpios; Fiscal Year: 2013..research has demonstrated that rotation is instead determined by asymmetric cellular changes within the dorsal mesentery that suspends the gut...
- Microvascular Permeability and Matrix Fibrinogen Degradation in TraumaMack H Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..molecular techniques into physiological experiments for an in-depth analysis of permeability regulation in the mesentery as representative microvasculature of the GI system, a major target of burn...
- Assesment of Meridian Theory in the Vascular SystemDAVID DAEKYUNG KIM; Fiscal Year: 2010..by intravital microscopy and western blotting (cheek pouch in stomach meridian, cremaster in liver meridian, and mesentery in large intestine meridian)...
- Patterning and Morphogenesis of the Vertebrate GutClifford J Tabin; Fiscal Year: 2013..its rotation in a counterclockwise direction) is mediated by changes in the cellular architecture of the dorsal mesentery. We have identified a number of transcription factors asymmetrically expressed in the dorsal mesentery...
- MECHANISMS INVOLVED IN LYMPHATIC CONTRACTILE ACTIVITYDavid Zawieja; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies will be conducted in isolated, pressurized collecting lymphatics from the mesentery of the rat small intestine. The lymphatics will be dissected out of the tissue and cannulated...
- System for Automated Tracking of Leukocytes in VivoSCOTT ACTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..video recordings of rolling leukocytes observed by intravital microscopy in the mouse cremaster muscle, the rat mesentery, and the mouse carotid artery with and without fluorescent labeling...
- System for Automated Tracking of Leukocytes in VivoSCOTT ACTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..video recordings of rolling leukocytes observed by intravital microscopy in the mouse cremaster muscle, the rat mesentery, and the mouse carotid artery with and without fluorescent labeling...
- Shear Stress & Cellular Control of Capillary FunctionDonna Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..of hydraulic conductivity (Lp) will be performed on capillaries located in a living preparation of frog mesentery and cannulated individually with glass micropipettes...
- Ultrasound contrast agent dynamics and vascular effectsTHOMAS MATULA; Fiscal Year: 2009..study bubble responses of ultrasound contrast agents in unconstrained media in-vitro, and in in-vivo intestinal mesentery blood vessels and ear veins...
- MICROVASCULAR FLOW AND VASO-OCCLUSION OF SICKLE CELLSJOSEPH KURANTSINMILLS; Fiscal Year: 1991..density-separated and osmotically altered fractions of these cells, flowing through the microcirculation of rat mesentery and cremaster muscle under varying oxygen saturation; (b) determination of the pressure-flow-resistance ..
- LEUKOCYTE ADHESION IN ALLERGIC INFLAMMATIONP Sriramarao; Fiscal Year: 1999..The surface expression of vascular adhesion molecules in the mesentery under conditions of flow will be correlated with the in vivo function of human eosinophils...
- REACTIVE OXYGEN SPECIES AND HEMOGLOBIN-INDUCED INJURYANN BALDWIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..and disturbing macromolecular exchange in an intravital in situ preparation of the rat intestinal mucosa and mesentery. The intestine is one of the principal sites of transvascular exchange in the body, and if the selectivity of ..
- MICROVASCULAR CONTROL OF CAPILLARY HYDROSTATIC PRESSUREMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 1991..These experiments will be conducted in cheek pouch, mesentery, and skeletal muscle micrecirculations of anesthetized hamsters, and in the cutaneous circulation of ..
- Solid State Beta Imaging Sensor for Radioguided Surgery Gerald Entine; Fiscal Year: 2007..of solid tumor cancers, including those of the head and neck, female reproductive system, skin, peritoneum, mesentery, lung, bronchus, colon and rectum...
- MICROCIRCULATORY FUNCTION IN HYPOTENSIONJULIAN LOMBARD; Fiscal Year: 1980..The microcirculation of the mesentery, cremaster muscle, and cheek pouch will be observed by in vivo microscopy in anesthetized hamster and rats ..
- TRANSPORT ACROSS CAPILLARY ENDOTHELIUMFITZ ROY CURRY; Fiscal Year: 2001..receptor dependent and receptor independent changes in permeability in venular microvessel of frog and hamster mesentery. The investigations provide a direct experimental route to further understanding of the processes which increase ..
- INTERSTITIAL DISTRIBUTION OF COLLAGEN & HYALURONIC ACIDHAROLD BOHLEN; Fiscal Year: 1992..of this study are to define the distribution of collagen and hyaluronic acid in the interstitium of the mesentery and, with the same data, evaluate sensitivity of UV-IR absorption for estimating protein and fluid...
- ION FLUXES IN ENDOTHELIAL CELL VOLUME REGULATIONMARTHA O DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 1993..grown on microporous membrane cell culture chamber inserts; and 2) an in vivo system of perfused hamster mesentery microvessels...
- VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION DURING SYSTEMIC HYPOXIAJohn Wood; Fiscal Year: 2003..indicate that hypoxia induced by breathing 10% O2 results in increased leukocyte-endothelial interaction in both mesentery and skeletal muscle venules within a few minutes of the onset of hypoxia, followed by leukocyte extravasation...
- Expression and Function of TR3/nur77 in angiogenesisHuiyan Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, Nur77, the mouse homologue of TR3, is upregulated in the mesentery of VPF/VEGF-treated mouse, where only EC express VPF/VEGF receptors...
- PROMOTION OF SURGICAL WOUND HEALING BY GROWTH FACTORSThomas Mustoe; Fiscal Year: 1993..An in vitro model of wound healing in the rat mesentery developed in my lab will be utilized to analyze the ability of respective growth factors to promote healing ..
- ISCHEMIA, DIABETES, AND THE MICROCIRCULATIONUmberto Degirolami; Fiscal Year: 1980..Organs and tissues submitted to ischemia are: striated muscle, mesentery, gut and brain...
- Nitric Oxide Transport Mechanisms: Model and ExperimentsDov Jaron; Fiscal Year: 2006..In vivo studies will be conducted in the arterioles and venules of the rat mesentery. NO levels will be measured under normal physiological conditions, during hypoxia and hypercapnia and under ..
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROGENIC INFLAMMATORY RESPONSEJen Wei; Fiscal Year: 1993..The mesentery is translucent, allowing the visualization of both nerve fiber and its possible target structure and is ..
- DEFECTIVE MODULATION OF RENAL VASOCONSTRICTION IN SHREdwin Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2000..on vascular responses to sympathetic nerve stimulation will be determined in the in situ blood perfused mesentery and kidney of SHR and WKY...
- BONE REGENERATION BY OSTEOBLAST TRANSPLANTATIONAntonios Mikos; Fiscal Year: 2006..in vitro culture period on mineralized tissue formation after implantation of the cell/polymer constructs in the mesentery of rats and will elucidate the contributions of the mineralized extracellular matrix generated in vitro and the ..
- Nonlinear Dynamics in Microvascular NetworksRussell Carr; Fiscal Year: 2004..Realistic network geometries based on in vivo observations of rat mesentery are used in the simulations...
- ADENOVIRAL MICROSPHERE SHUTTLE FOR GENE THERAPY IN DMN STANLEY NAHMAN JR; Fiscal Year: 2001..have shown that this adenoviral-microsphere shuttle effectively transduces the endothelium of the glomerulus and mesentery. Thus, the purpose of this project is to further refine the adenoviral-microsphere shuttle, and use this method ..
- MICROVESSEL PERMEABILITY AND TUMOR METASTASISBingmei Fu; Fiscal Year: 2000..aimed at examining the role of microvessel permeability in tumor cell extravasation using an in vivo rat mesentery vessels model...
- ISOLATION OF GERM CELL GENES FROM XENOPUS EMBRYOSMYRA HURT; Fiscal Year: 2001..To address this a cDNA library was constructed from the dorsal mesentery of Xenopus embryos, at a time when this structure contains all of the PGCs. Experiments by Wylie et al...
- CD36 AND LIPOPROTEINS AND HYPERTENSIONEric Smart; Fiscal Year: 2002..The in vivo studies will use mesentery resistance arterioles...
- REGULATION OF CORONARY ANGIOGENESISHARRIS GRANGER; Fiscal Year: 2002..is used to develop a complete microvascular network in excised, artificially perfused papillary muscle and mesentery. To achieve the aims of the proposed work, cultured endothelial cells and isolated, perfused coronary venules ..
- Regulation of Arteriolar Tone & K Channels by IntegrinsMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, our results will establish a paradigm for understanding how other ion channels in other tissues may be regulated by integrins. ..
- MECHANISM AND FUNCTION OF THE VASCULAR MYOGENIC RESPONSEMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Regulation of Vascular Tone and Ca channels by IntegrinsMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will determine how these proteins are modified by the same processes as found in the diseases states and then test the effects they have on vascular ion channels and blood vessel function. ..
- SHEAR STRESS INDUCED RELEASE OF ENDOTHELIAL NITRIC OXIDEMichael Davis; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- RHEOLOGICAL DETERMINANTS OF MICROVASCULAR FUNCTIONHERBERT LIPOWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these studies will provide insight into the role of hemodynamic interactions with the microvessel wall and aid development of therapeutic strategies to treat ischemia and inflammation. ..
- Photothermal Imaging of Live CellsVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2008..The technical realization of PTI is relatively simple, requiring the combination of conventional optical phase-contrast microscopy and the already routinely used nanosecond laser. ..
- Photothermal Evaluation of Drug Toxicity at Cell LevelVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Integrated Photothermal NanoprobesVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies will also make it possible to formulate recommendations on the desired properties of new, clustered nanomaterials for medical applications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Integrated optical imaging rat of mesenteryVladimir Zharov; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specifically, this system will be used for imaging rat mesentery in vivo at the cellular level...
- ENDOTHELIUM--SIGNALING FROM MAST CELLS TO EOSINOPHILSDavid Broide; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- RSV AND ASTHMADavid Broide; Fiscal Year: 2003..Overall these studies will contribute to our understanding of the mechanism of eosinophilic inflammation during RSV infection and suggest candidate vaccine strategies to inhibit RSV infection and airway inflammation. ..
- IONIC CURRENTS AND AUTONOMIC REGULATION IN HEART FAILUREAtsuko Yatani; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Eosinophil TraffickingDavid Broide; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, these studies should improve our understanding of the molecular mechanism of eosinophil recruitment in vivo and its effect on airway structure and function. ..
- Biomarkers in sputum in COPDDavid Broide; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Approaches for Burn Injury Cardiac DysfunctionAtsuko Yatani; Fiscal Year: 2009..D. The name of the principal investigator/program director must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- IMPROVEMENT OF MEMBRANE BIOLOGY FACILITYFITZ ROY CURRY; Fiscal Year: 2002..That project addressed other laboratory and basic infrastructure deficiencies in the same building that contains the subject laboratories in the current application. ..
- Regulation of Inflammation by Somatostatin via SSTR 2David Elliott; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies will provide rationale for novel therapeutic treatment of IBD and other inflammatory diseases. ..
- Interleukin-18 and Intestinal Barrier Function Following Alcohol and Burn InjuryMashkoor Choudhry; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEW APPROACH TO ENDOTHELIAL CLEFT STRUCTUREFitz Roy E Curry; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our experiments evaluate the common mechanical properties of the endothelial glycocalyx that modulate water, solute, leukocyte, and red cell fluxes at the endothelial cell surface. ..
- Role of inositol trisphosphate in preconditioningKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- EICOSANOIDS AND PULMONARY VASCULAR TONESANDRA PFISTER; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CYTOSOLIC REGULATION OF INNER EAR ION TRANSPORTA PHILINE WANGEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2007..first, middle) The name of the principal investigator/program director must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- NEUROPATHOLOGY OF THE AGING SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEMRobert Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these experiments should provide insight not only into autonomic dysfunction, but into a variety of pathologic processes in which NAD is a prominent component. ..
- DOPAMINE/GLUTAMATE AND HYPOXIC INJURY IN NEWBORN BRAINDavid Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2009..This understanding will be the basis for more effective treatment of patients who have been subjected to a period(s) of insufficient oxygen delivery to the brain. ..
- ANDROGEN RECEPTOR REGULATION OF PROSTATE CANCER GROWTHSamir Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Androgens raise venous and arterial adrenergic tone.Douglas S Martin; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding the factors that control arterial and venous tone in hypertension may lead to design antihypertensive drugs with fewer adverse effects ..