Genomes and Genes
Summary: The outer margins of the ABDOMEN, extending from the osteocartilaginous thoracic cage to the PELVIS. Though its major part is muscular, the abdominal wall consists of at least seven layers: the SKIN, subcutaneous fat, deep FASCIA; ABDOMINAL MUSCLES, transversalis fascia, extraperitoneal fat, and the parietal PERITONEUM.
Publications351 found, 100 shown here
- Refining the course of the thoracolumbar nerves: a new understanding of the innervation of the anterior abdominal wallW M Rozen
Jack Brockhoff Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Research Unit, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Clin Anat 21:325-33. 2008Previous descriptions of the thoracolumbar spinal nerves innervating the anterior abdominal wall have been inconsistent...
- Host response to implanted porcine-derived biologic materials in a primate model of abdominal wall repairMaryellen Sandor
LifeCell Corporation, Branchburg, New Jersey 08876, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 14:2021-31. 2008Three commercially available porcine-derived biologic meshes were implanted in an Old World primate abdominal wall resection repair model to compare biological outcome as a predictor of clinical efficacy...
- The use of porcine dermal collagen implants in assisting abdominal wall closure of pediatric renal transplant recipients with donor size discrepancyAlanna Pentlow
Department of Surgery, Southmead Hospital, North Bristol NHS Trust, Bristol, UK
Pediatr Transplant 12:20-3. 2008Children may have kidneys transplanted from donors larger than themselves. Abdominal wall closure may be difficult, with risks of abdominal compartment syndrome and graft compromise...
- Temporary closure of the abdominal wall (laparostomy)A Schachtrupp
Department of Surgery, Rhenish Westphalian Technical University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Hernia 6:155-62. 2002The definitive closure of the abdominal wall, i.e., a closure of the fascial layer and skin may not be favorable in the treatment of numerous surgical conditions, e.g., peritonitis, trauma, or mesenteric ischemia...
- Acellular dermal matrix in abdominal wall reconstructionRonald P Silverman
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Aesthet Surg J 31:24S-9S. 2011b>Abdominal wall reconstruction is a complex and challenging surgical undertaking...
- In vivo evaluation of acellular human dermis for abdominal wall repairDaniel Eberli
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 93:1527-38. 2010Limitations of synthetic biomaterials for abdominal wall repair have led investigators to seek naturally derived matrices, such as human acellular dermis, because of their excellent biocompatibility and their ability to naturally ..
- Retention of structural and biochemical integrity in a biological mesh supports tissue remodeling in a primate abdominal wall modelJerome Connor
LifeCell Corporation, One Millennium Way, Branchburg, NJ 08876, USA
Regen Med 4:185-95. 2009....
- The biomechanical behavior and host response to porcine-derived small intestine submucosa, pericardium and dermal matrix acellular grafts in a rat abdominal defect modelJian Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Zhabei District Central Hospital, Zhabei Branch Hospital, Shanghai Chang Zheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Zhabei District, Shanghai, PR China
Biomaterials 32:7086-95. 2011Several porcine-derived acellular biologic grafts are increasingly used in abdominal wall reconstruction due to the limitations of synthetic meshes in many clinical situations...
- Host response to human acellular dermal matrix transplantation in a primate model of abdominal wall repairHui Xu
LifeCell Corporation, 1 Millennium Way, Branchburg, NJ 08876, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 14:2009-19. 2008..human acellular dermal matrix (HADM), AlloDerm((R)), was implanted as an interpositional graft in the abdominal wall of adult vervet monkeys...
- Brachytherapy technique for abdominal wall metastases of colorectal cancer: ultrasound-guided insertion of applicator needle and a skin preservation methodK Kishi
Department of Radiology, Wakayama Medical College, Wakayama City, Japan
Acta Radiol 47:157-61. 2006To report a technique of interstitial brachytherapy for the treatment of subcutaneous metastatic abdominal wall tumors.
- Comparison of cross-linked and non-cross-linked porcine acellular dermal matrices for ventral hernia repairCharles E Butler
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Am Coll Surg 211:368-76. 2010Porcine acellular dermal matrices (PADMs) have been used clinically for abdominal wall repair. The newer non-cross-linked PADMs, however, have not been directly compared with cross-linked PADMs...
- Comparison of Permacol™ and Strattice™ for the repair of abdominal wall defectsK E Mulier
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, 420 Harvard St, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Hernia 15:315-9. 2011..Our hypothesis is that cross-linked biologic implants are remodeled differently and thus behave differently than non-cross-linked biologic implants...
- Use of biological meshes for abdominal wall reconstruction in highly contaminated fieldsAndrea Cavallaro
General Surgery and Senology, Department of Surgery, Policlinico Vittorio Emanuele Hospital, University of Catania Medical School, Via S Sofia 78, 95123 Catania, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 16:1928-33. 2010b>Abdominal wall defects and incisional hernias represent a challenging problem. In particular, when a synthetic mesh is applied to contaminated wounds, its removal is required in 50%-90% of cases...
- Management of a large abdominal wall desmoid tumor during pregnancy. Case reportAikaterini Michopoulou
2nd Department of General Surgery, Patision General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Ann Ital Chir 81:153-6. 2010..We report a case of a 37-year-old woman with an abdominal wall desmoid tumor that appeared and grew rapidly during her pregnancy, diagnosed by trucut core biopsy...
- Immediate repair of major abdominal wall defect after extensive tumor excision in patients with abdominal wall neoplasm: a retrospective review of 27 cases [corrected]Rui Tang
Department of General Surgery, Hernia and Abdominal Wall Surgery Center of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2895-907. 2009The treatment of abdominal wall neoplasm continues to present a challenging problem because it is not easy to repair the giant defect which is resulted from extensive tumor excision...
- Non-cross-linked porcine acellular dermal matrices for abdominal wall reconstructionNadja K Burns
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:167-76. 2010Non-cross-linked porcine acellular dermal matrices have been used clinically for abdominal wall repair; however, their biologic and mechanical properties and propensity to form visceral adhesions have not been studied...
- The use of flow perfusion culture and subcutaneous implantation with fibroblast-seeded PLLA-collagen 3D scaffolds for abdominal wall repairFanrong Pu
University of Liverpool, Clinical Engineering, School of Clinical Sciences, Liverpool, UK
Biomaterials 31:4330-40. 2010Highly cellularised 3D-tissue constructs designed to repair large, complex abdominal wall defects were prepared using poly (lactic acid) (PLLA)-collagen scaffolds in vitro using a flow perfusion bioreactor...
- Diagnostic problems of abdominal desmoid tumors in various locationsB Kreuzberg
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Faculty Hospital and Medical Faculty of Charles University, Alej Svobody 80, 30460 Pilsen, Czech Republic
Eur J Radiol 62:180-5. 2007..It occurs more often as a desmoid tumor in the abdominal wall, less often in various intra-abdominal locations...
- Abdominal wall CT angiography: a detailed account of a newly established preoperative imaging techniqueTimothy J Phillips
Department of Radiology, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Grattan Street, Parkville, Melbourne, Victoria 3050, Australia
Radiology 249:32-44. 2008..Autologous surgical breast reconstruction with use of abdominal wall donor flaps based on the deep inferior epigastric artery (DIEA) and one or more of its anterior ..
- Biological meshes: a review of their use in abdominal wall hernia repairsNeil J Smart
Exeter Surgical Health Sciences Research Unit HESRU, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Barrack Road, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5DW, UK
Surgeon 10:159-71. 2012Biological meshes are mostly used in infected fields within complex abdominal wall hernia repairs. There is no consensus, however, on the most appropriate material to be used in a given situation.
- Definitive abdominal wall closure using a porcine intestinal submucosa biodegradable membrane in pediatric transplantationJonathan S Karpelowsky
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Transplant 13:285-9. 2009..Concerns over using prosthetic patches are that of infection and dehiscence. We report a series of definitive abdominal wall closure using a biodegradable membrane from porcine intestinal submucosa (Surgisis; Cook Biotech Incorporated, ..
- Comparison of two porcine-derived materials for repairing abdominal wall defects in ratsZhengni Liu
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Ninth Hospital affiliated to Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e20520. 2011The purpose of this study was to compare the mechanical properties, host responses and incorporation of porcine small intestine submucosa (PSIS) and porcine acellular dermal matrix (PADM) in a rat model of abdominal wall defect repair.
- Component separation technique for abdominal wall reconstruction in burn patients with decompressive laparotomiesStathis Poulakidas
Department of Trauma, Sumner L Koch Burn Center, John H Stroger, Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Trauma 67:1435-8. 2009..Abdominal compartment syndrome, seen in severely injured burn patients, frequently requires decompressive laparotomy. The patient is at risk during this time not only for burn injury complications but also for those from an open abdomen...
- Management of complex abdominal wall defects using acellular porcine dermal collagenLuis Felipe Chavarriaga
Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am Surg 76:96-100. 2010Multiple techniques have been used for the repair of complex abdominal wall defects after recurrent incisional hernias with varying rates of success...
- Effect of stitch length on wound complications after closure of midline incisions: a randomized controlled trialDaniel Millbourn
Department of Surgery, Sundsvall Hospital, Sundsvall, Sweden
Arch Surg 144:1056-9. 2009..In midline incisions closed with a single-layer running suture, the rate of wound complications is lower when a suture length to wound length ratio of at least 4 is accomplished with a short stitch length rather than with a long one...
- Repair of abdominal wall defects with bovine pericardiumJonathan N Limpert
St Mary s Health Centre, St Louis, MO 63117, USA
Am J Surg 198:e60-5. 2009..St. Paul, MN) in complex abdominal wall reconstruction where prosthetic mesh had failed or was contraindicated...
- Traumatic abdominal wall hernia: delayed presentation in two cases and a review of the literatureH J Belgers
Department of General Surgery, Maasland Hospital, PO Box 5500, 6130MB, Sittard, The Netherlands
Hernia 9:388-91. 2005..of internal injuries of the abdomen, blunt or penetrating trauma to the abdomen may result in defects of the abdominal wall. The diagnosis of traumatic abdominal wall hernia (TAWH) is rarely made...
- Loss of AP-2alpha impacts multiple aspects of ventral body wall development and closureStephanie Brewer
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Dev Biol 267:399-417. 2004..These findings provide a fundamental understanding of how AP-2alpha functions in the closure of the ventral body wall, as well as offer insight into related human birth defects...
- Temporary abdominal closure followed by definitive abdominal wall reconstruction of the open abdomenThomas R Howdieshell
Department of Surgery, Trauma Surgical Critical Care, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, MSC10 5610, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Am J Surg 188:301-6. 2004Inability to close the abdominal wall after laparotomy for trauma may occur as a result of visceral edema, retroperitoneal hematoma, use of packing, and traumatic loss of tissue...
- Anterior abdominal wall reconstruction with a Permacol implantS H Liyanage
Centre for Academic Surgery, The Royal London Hospital, London, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 59:553-5. 2006..The search for the ultimate biomaterial for reconstructing abdominal wall defects is ongoing...
- Major complications associated with xenograft biologic mesh implantation in abdominal wall reconstructionKarem C Harth
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Surg Innov 16:324-9. 2009..There is limited research for xenograft biologic mesh performance in the setting of infection despite widespread use and significant associated costs...
- Abdominal wall following free TRAM or DIEP flap reconstruction: a meta-analysis and critical reviewLi Xing Man
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:752-64. 2009....
- Desmoid tumors of the anterior abdominal wall: results from a monocentric surgical experience and review of the literatureEmilio Bertani
European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1642-9. 2009..For those cases localized in the anterior abdominal wall, radical resection and reconstruction with a mesh is indicated...
- Repair and regeneration of the abdominal wall musculofascial defect using silk fibroin-chitosan blendAndrea S Gobin
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1402, USA
Tissue Eng 12:3383-94. 2006Reconstructive surgery with synthetic or biological materials is commonly performed to repair abdominal wall musculofascial defects that result from ventral hernias...
- Laparoscopic repair of large incisional herniasB Kirshtein
Department Surgery A, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Science, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 151, Beer Sheva, Israel 84101
Surg Endosc 16:1717-9. 2002..Several years ago, we adopted the laparoscopic technique in our department and set out to appraise its touted advantages...
- Detection of abdominal wall adhesions using visceral slideNellie Bering Zinther
Surgical Department, Horsens Regional Hospital, Sundvej 30, 8700, Horsens, Denmark
Surg Endosc 24:3161-6. 2010..This study was designed to validate transabdominal ultrasonography (TAU) and magnetic resonance imaging (cine MRI) for detection of abdominal wall adhesions.
- Abdominal wall endometriosis. An overlooked diagnosisMuhammad R Khammash
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, PO Box 3030, Irbid, Jordan
Saudi Med J 24:523-5. 2003To study the incidence of abdominal wall endometriosis after cesarean section and its presentation to the general surgeon.
- [Endometriosis of the abdominal wall (authors' experience)]M Donati
Universita degli Studi di Catania, Policlinico Universitario, Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Generale I
Ann Ital Chir 75:29-34; discussion 34. 2004Endometriosis is a very common gynecological disease, although the abdominal wall localization is a rare clinical problem in the everyday practice and this explains the incomplete reports in literature and the difficulty of a standard ..
- [Use of Foley's catheter to control abdominal wall bleeding in the trocar insertion place during laparoscopic surgery]Pablo Priego-Jiménez
Servicio de Cirugia General, Hospital General de Castellon, Espana
Rev Gastroenterol Peru 31:241-4. 2011b>Abdominal wall bleeding in the port-site insertion place during laparoscopic surgery is sometimes difficult to control and can be associated with morbidity ranging from parietal pain up to haematoma and massive haemoperitoneum.
- Malignant seeding of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tract in patient with head and neck cancerAnwer M Siddiqi
Department of Pathology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Am J Med Sci 336:291-2. 2008..As such, we also provide pictures that would help the health care providers recognize this rare entity and manage appropriately and promptly...
- Abdominal wall desmoid tumors associated with pregnancy: current conceptsAmanda Johner
Department of Surgery, St Paul s Hospital and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 9:1675-82. 2009..Management of DTs diagnosed during pregnancy is complex and treatment must be individualized...
- Endometrioma occurring in abdominal wall incisions after cesarean sectionGary H Lipscomb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Reprod Med 56:44-6. 2011..To investigate outcomes following incisional endometrioma after cesarean section and correlate the role of predisposing factors...
- Abdominal wall necrosis after harvest of both internal thoracic and inferior epigastric arteriesDavid Y Johnson
Department of Surgery, St Louis University School of Medicine, Surgical Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:38-41. 2011The internal thoracic artery (ITA) and inferior epigastric artery (IEA) may be used as conduits for myocardial revascularization. Harvesting the ITAs and IEAs can lead to clinically significant ischemia of the anterior abdominal wall.
- Outcomes after abdominal wall reconstruction using acellular dermal matrix: a systematic reviewToni Zhong
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 64:1562-71. 2011Complex abdominal wall defects can present a significant challenge to the reconstructive surgeon...
- Morphological and mechanical characteristics of the reconstructed rat abdominal wall following use of a wet electrospun biodegradable polyurethane elastomer scaffoldRyotaro Hashizume
McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Biomaterials 31:3253-65. 2010Although a variety of materials are currently used for abdominal wall repair, general complications encountered include herniation, infection, and mechanical mismatch with native tissue...
- Repair of an abdominal wall defect after a salvage laparotomy for sepsisErwin F Hirsch
Department of Surgery, Boston University School of Medicine and the Trauma Center, Boston Medical Center, One Boston Medical Center Place, Boston, MA 02118 2393, USA
J Am Coll Surg 198:324-8. 2004
- Planned hernia repair and late abdominal wall reconstructionAri Leppaniemi
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital, P O Box 340, Helsinki, 00029 HUS, Finland
World J Surg 36:511-5. 2012..Leaving the fascia open can be deliberate or unavoidable and most commonly results from staged repair of the abdominal wall due to trauma, peritonitis, pancreatitis, abdominal vascular emergencies, or abdominal compartment syndrome...
- Abdominal wall reconstruction with the free tensor fascia lata musculofasciocutaneous flap using intraperitoneal gastroepiploic recipient vesselsPierre M Chevray
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Plast Surg 51:97-102. 2003The authors report their experience with a method for definitive abdominal wall reconstruction using the free tensor fascia lata musculofasciocutaneous flap anastomosed to the intraperitoneal gastroepiploic vessels...
- Prevention of adhesion formations following repair of abdominal wall defects with prosthetic materials (an experimental study)Orhan Alimoglu
First Department of Surgery, Vakif Gureba Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 50:725-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare different modalities in terms of adhesion prevention in a rat model of abdominal wall defect repaired with prosthetic materials.
- Reduction of adhesions with composite AlloDerm/polypropylene mesh implants for abdominal wall reconstructionCharles E Butler
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:464-73. 2004..composed of structural prosthetic materials integrated with AlloDerm may have useful clinical applications for abdominal wall reconstruction by reducing adhesions and providing a vascularized tissue layer to separate and protect the ..
- Noninvasive assessment of intra-abdominal pressure by measurement of abdominal wall tensionGabrielle H van Ramshorst
Erasmus MC, Department of Surgery, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Res 171:240-4. 2011..Noninvasive IAP measurement could be beneficial to improve monitoring of patients at risk and in whom IAP measurements might be unreliable. We assessed the relation between IAP and abdominal wall tension (AWT) in vitro and in vivo.
- [Hematoma of the abdominal wall. A case report: pitfall of Seldinger method via femoral artery]Hisaya Hiramatsu
Department of Neurosurgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu shi, Shizuoka 431 3192, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 37:167-71. 2009We reported a case of an abdominal wall hematoma which caused by Seldinger method via the femoral artery. A 48-year-old female, suffered from direct carotid cavernous fistula, was treated by transfemoral transvenous embolization (TVE)...
- Incidence and clinical significance of abdominal wall bruising in restrained children involved in motor vehicle crashesNicolas Lutz
Department of Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:972-5. 2004Children involved in motor vehicle crashes (MVC) can sustain bruising of the abdominal wall associated with seat belt restraint. The incidence of bruising and its relationship with significant intraabdominal injuries are not known.
- Plastic surgery repair of abdominal wall and pelvic floor defectsDonald W Buck
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Urol Oncol 25:160-4. 2007Urologists often encounter large perineal and abdominal wall defects, the treatment of which may require close collaboration with the plastic surgeon. These complex defects can be successfully treated using a variety of techniques...
- Morphologic study of three collagen materials for body wall repairEmily E Soiderer
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Surg Res 118:161-75. 2004..Renal capsule matrix (RCM) and urinary bladder submucosa (UBS) are CBMs not previously evaluated in this application. This is the first implant study using RCM...
- Abdominal wall cellulitis in the morbidly obeseBjorg Thorsteinsdottir
Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 37:605-608. 2005..Although cases of abdominal wall cellulitis in the morbidly obese occur, to date there has been no formal address of this syndrome in the ..
- [Gas gangrene of the abdominal wall due to underlying GI pathology: seven cases]O Monneuse
Service d Urgences Chirurgicales Viscérales, Hôpital Edouard Herriot Lyon
J Chir (Paris) 144:307-12. 2007Gas gangrene of the abdominal wall is a rare clinical occurrence with high rates of morbidity and mortality. The primary source of the infection is often unknown...
- Deletion of mesenchymal glucocorticoid receptor attenuates embryonic lung development and abdominal wall closureAiqing Li
Bone Research Program, ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e63578. 2013..Compared to their wild type littermates, GR(Dermo1) mice displayed severe pulmonary atelectasis, defects in abdominal wall formation resulting in intestinal herniation, abnormal extracellular matrix synthesis in connective tissues ..
- Extended peritoneal dialysis catheters for upper abdominal wall exit sitesJohn H Crabtree
Department of Surgery, Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center, California, USA
Perit Dial Int 24:292-4. 2004
- Spontaneous endometriosis of the abdominal wallSteve C Ideyi
Department of Surgery, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Dig Surg 20:246-8. 2003The abdominal wall is the commonest site of extrapelvic endometriosis, which usually develops in association with a prior surgical scar.
- [A necrotizing fasciitis of an abdominal wall after a cholecystectomy--a case report]J Jandik
Chirurgické Oddeleni, Oblastní nemocnice Rychnov nad Knĕznou
Rozhl Chir 88:27-31. 2009..A resulting large defect of an abdominal wall was fully healed by using a vacuum sealing treatment and a dermoepidermal skin graft.
- ["Onlay" mesh provides significantly better results than "sublay" reconstruction. Prospective randomized multicenter study of abdominal wall reconstruction with sutures only, or with surgical mesh--results of a five-years follow-up]Gyorgy Weber
Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar Sebészeti Klinika 7624 Pécs Kodály Z u 20 Pécsi Tudományegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar Sebészeti Oktató és Kutató Intézet Pécs
Magy Seb 63:302-11. 2010There are several well-known procedures to treat abdominal wall hernias, but the results are quite controversial. The aim of study was to compare the results of different surgical modalities - mesh (onlay vs...
- [Abdominal wall endometriosis: case report]Sebastián E Vélez
Departamento de Cirugía General Ex Clínica Privada Junín, II Cátedra de Patología FCM UNC, Cordoba, Argentina
Rev Fac Cien Med Univ Nac Cordoba 61:44-7. 2004..This ectopic finding occur in the abdominal wall among 0,03% to 1% of women with prior gynecologic surgery, particularly after cesarean section...
- Experimental comparison of abdominal wall repair using different methods of enhancement by small intestinal submucosa graftYves Ozog
Center for Surgical Technologies, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 20:435-41. 2009To assess the biomechanical properties of full-thickness abdominal wall defects, either using Native tissues, with or without Overlay, and by substitution of the Defect by small intestinal submucosa mesh.
- Adhesion formation and reherniation differ between meshes used for abdominal wall reconstructionC J J M Sikkink
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hernia 10:218-22. 2006..In 60 rats an abdominal wall defect was created and repaired with underlay mesh...
- A head-to-head comparison between the muscle-sparing free TRAM and the SIEA flaps: is the rate of flap loss worth the gain in abdominal wall function?Jesse C Selber
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 122:348-55. 2008Attempts to limit the impact of autogenous breast reconstruction on the abdominal wall have led to the use of the muscle-sparing free transverse rectus abdominis musculocutaneous (TRAM), the deep inferior epigastric artery perforator (..
- Host response after reconstruction of abdominal wall defects with porcine dermal collagen in a rat modelFang Zheng
Center for Surgical Technologies, Faculty of Medicine, University Hospitals Leuven, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1961-70. 2004..The purpose of this study was to compare the inflammatory response after implantation of Pelvicol with Prolene in a rat model...
- The anterolateral thigh flap for complicated abdominal wall reconstruction after giant incisional hernia repairF Berrevoet
Department of General and Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Ghent University Hospital and Medical School, Ghent, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 110:376-82. 2010..g. anterolateral thigh flap). In cases of wound complications, negative pressure therapy and new soft tissue coverage are discussed...
- Prediction of regulatory networks in mouse abdominal wallDiana Eng
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Gene 469:1-8. 2010..The formation of the abdominal wall depends on a flawless merge of several developmental fields in time and space...
- Pneumoperitoneum versus abdominal wall lift: effects on central haemodynamics and intrathoracic pressure during laparoscopic cholecystectomyL Andersson
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 47:838-46. 2003..In the present study, the effects on the central circulation during abdominal wall lift (a gasless method of laparoscopic cholecystectomy) were compared with those during pneumoperitoneum...
- Abdominal wall and surgical scar endometriosis: results of magnetic resonance imagingC Balleyguier
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Service de Radiologie, CHU Necker, Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Invest 55:220-4. 2003..The symptoms are nonspecific, typically involving abdominal wall pain at the time of menstruation...
- Effects of collagen prosthesis cross-linking on long-term tissue regeneration following the repair of an abdominal wall defectGemma Pascual
Department of Medical Specialities, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Wound Repair Regen 20:402-13. 2012Collagen prostheses used to repair abdominal wall defects, depending on their pretreatment (noncross-linked vs. cross-linked), besides repair may also achieve tissue regeneration...
- Sandifer syndrome posturing: relation to abdominal wall contractions, gastroesophageal reflux, and fundoplicationEric A Frankel
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center St Margaret, Pennsylvania 15213 2583, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:635-40. 2006..To explore its mechanisms via examining relationships among Sandifer syndrome posturing, abdominal wall contractions, and reflux episodes, we studied an affected child in detail...
- Laparoscopic-assisted abdominal wall reconstruction in prune-belly syndromeElie Levine
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10128, USA
Ann Plast Surg 58:162-5. 2007Prune-belly syndrome (PBS) refers to a congenital absence or weakness of the musculature of the abdominal wall, in conjunction with anomalies of the gastrointestinal or genitourinary systems...
- Evaluation of human acellular dermis versus porcine acellular dermis in an in vivo model for incisional hernia repairManh Dan Ngo
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation, Edison, NJ, USA
Cell Tissue Bank 12:135-45. 2011Incisional hernias commonly occur following abdominal wall surgery. Human acellular dermal matrices (HADM) are widely used in abdominal wall defect repair...
- Abdominal accommodation: a coordinated adaptation of the abdominal wall to its contentAlbert Villoria
Digestive System Research Unit, University Hospital Vall d Hebron, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2807-15. 2008..showed that colonic gas infusion increases the girth and modifies the muscular activity of the anterior abdominal wall. We hypothesized that abdominal accommodation to volume loads is an active process instrumented by the ..
- Abdominal wall endometriosis in the cesarean section surgical scar: a potential diagnostic pitfallLeyla Ozel
Department of General Surgery, Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:526-30. 2012The abdominal wall is an uncommon site of extrapelvic endometriosis. It usually develops in a previous surgical scar and should be considered in the differential diagnosis of any abdominal swelling...
- Breast reconstruction with deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap: 3.0-T gadolinium-enhanced MR imaging for preoperative localization of abdominal wall perforatorsVictoria Chernyak
Departments of Radiology and Plastic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Radiology 250:417-24. 2009..0-T gadolinium-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for localization of inferior epigastric artery (IEA) perforators before reconstructive breast surgery involving a deep inferior epigastric perforator (DIEP) flap...
- Abdominal wall endometriosis: report of two casesS Gourgiotis
Second Surgical Department, 401 General Army Hospital of Athens, Greece
Rom J Morphol Embryol 49:553-5. 2008..We report the cases of two women with endometriosis of the abdominal wall; the first one in the rectus abdominis muscle and the second one in the surgical scar of previous caesarian ..
- In vitro fertilization surrogate pregnancy in a patient who underwent radical hysterectomy followed by ovarian transposition, lower abdominal wall radiotherapy, and chemotherapyStephen Steigrad
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Royal Hospital for Women, Randwick NSW, Australia
Fertil Steril 83:1547-9. 2005..followed by excision of a laparoscopic port site implantation with ovarian transposition followed by abdominal wall irradiation and chemotherapy, which resulted in premature ovarian failure from which there was partial recovery...
- US depiction of the appendix: role of abdominal wall thickness and appendiceal locationMatthew Butler
Department of Radiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Emerg Radiol 18:525-31. 2011The purpose of the present study was to correlate direct measurements of abdominal wall fat at the site of exam and appendiceal position with ultrasound (US) visualization of the appendix...
- Abdominal wall endometriosis following cesarean section: report of five casesB Demir
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ergani State Hospital, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 38:288-90. 2011Endometriosis is the presence of endometrial tissue outside the uterus. Abdominal wall endometriosis is a very rare location of this pathology...
- [Desmoid tumor of the thoraco-abdominal wall characterized with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose PET/ CT scan. Correlation with magnetic resonance and bone scintigraphy. Review of the literature]C Ramos-Font
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
Rev Esp Med Nucl 28:70-3. 2009..We present the case of a patient with a desmoid tumour of the abdominal-chest wall and we review the related literature...
- Expiratory flow limitation during exercise in COPD: detection by manual compression of the abdominal wallS Abdel Kafi
Chest Service, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Respir J 19:919-27. 2002..It is concluded that manual compression of the abdomen is a very simple and reliable method for the detection of flow limitation during exercise...
- Abdominal wall endometriomas near cesarean delivery scars: sonographic and color doppler findings in a series of 12 patientsGiampiero Francica
Servizio di Ecografia ed Ecointerventistica, Presidio Sanitario Camilliani S Maria della Pietà, Casoria, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 22:1041-7. 2003To describe the sonographic and color Doppler features of endometriomas of the abdominal wall arising near cesarean delivery scars.
- Multidisciplinary approach to abdominal wall reconstruction after decompressive laparotomy for abdominal compartment syndromeC Scott Hultman
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7195, USA
Ann Plast Surg 54:269-75; discussion 275. 2005..has been shown to reduce mortality in critically ill patients, but little is known about the outcome of abdominal wall reconstruction...
- Pitfalls in retromuscular mesh repair for incisional hernia: the importance of the "fatty triangle"J Conze
Surgical Department, Rhenish Westphalian Technical University, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Hernia 8:255-9. 2004..We performed an anatomical study in human corpses to investigate the abdominal wall with its different structures, with emphasis on the overlap of the mesh under the linea alba...
- [Incisional subcutaneous endometrioma of the abdominal wall: report of two cases]S Merran
Département d Imagerie Médicale, Federation Mutualiste Parisienne, 24 rue Saint Victor, 75005 Paris
J Radiol 85:409-10. 2004Endometriosis occurs in up to 15% of menstruating women. Abdominal wall involvement is rare and always secondary to an invasive procedure...
- Subcutaneous splenosis of the abdominal wallLudmila Boudova
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty Hospital, Charles University, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Am J Dermatopathol 28:208-10. 2006We report a case of subcutaneous splenosis in the abdominal wall of a 23-year-old oligophrenic man...
- Choosing the location for non-image guided abdominal paracentesisHideki Sakai
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Kashiwa City Hospital, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Liver Int 25:984-6. 2005..has changed the physique of many patients with cirrhosis and ascites such that needles inserted into the abdominal wall may not reach fluid...
- Effects of basic fibroblast growth factor and phenytoin on healing of abdominal wall fascia and colonic anastomosesHayrettin Varol Günes
Department of Surgery, Ankara University School of Medicine, Turkey
Int Surg 91:151-6. 2006..bFGF and phenytoin had a positive effect on tensile strength, hydroxyproline content, and wound healing parameters in abdominal wall fascia. In colonic anastomosis, phenytoin corrected all parameters, but bFGF had no effect.
- The outcome of newborns with abdominal wall defects according to the method of abdominal closure: the experience of a single centerJoão Gilberto Maksoud-Filho
Service of Pediatric Surgery, Instituto da Criança Prof Pedro de Alcântara, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Pediatr Surg Int 22:503-7. 2006Recent reports suggest that the technique of abdominal closure in neonates with anterior abdominal wall defects (AWD) correlates with the outcome...
- Local administration of TGF-beta1 to reinforce the anterior abdominal wall in a rat model of incisional herniaM Korenkov
Surgical Clinic, Department of Surgery, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Hernia 9:252-8. 2005..was to investigate different forms of the local application of TGF-beta(1) for augmentation of the anterior abdominal wall in an appropriate model of an incisional hernia. Sixty male Sprague-Dawley rats were divided into six groups...
- A historically controlled, single-arm, multi-centre, prospective trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of MonoMax suture material for abdominal wall closure after primary midline laparotomy. ISSAAC-Trial [NCT005725079]Lars Fischer
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Surg 8:12. 2008Several randomized controlled trials have compared different suture materials and techniques for abdominal wall closure with respect to the incidence of incisional hernias after midline laparotomy and shown that it remains, irrespective ..
- [Malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the abdominal wall in a man]A Ouazzani
Departement de Chirurgie Digestive, CHU de Charleroi, Charleroi, Belgique
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 53:517-20. 2008We report the first case of malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the abdominal wall in a man. Immunohistochemical staining for CD34 and bcl-2 were positive. Surprisingly, estrogen and progesterone receptors were focally positive...
- Temporary abdominal wall closure using a sterile drape techniqueP K Y Chin
Department of Surgery, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter, Devon, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 88:319-20. 2006
- Recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein 2-induced heterotopic ossification of the retroperitoneum, psoas muscle, pelvis and abdominal wall following lumbar spinal fusionRaj K Shah
The George Washington University School of Medicine, 2300 Eye Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Skeletal Radiol 39:501-4. 2010..CT) scans and X-rays revealed heterotopic ossification of the left psoas muscle, pelvis, and anterior abdominal wall. While the occurrence of heterotopic ossification has previously been reported when rhBMP-2 has been used for ..
- Direct peritoneal resuscitation accelerates primary abdominal wall closure after damage control surgeryJason W Smith
Department of Surgery, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
J Am Coll Surg 210:658-64, 664-7. 2010....
- Quality of life after abdominal wall reconstruction following open abdomenBen L Zarzaur
Department of Surgery and School of Nursing, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Trauma 70:285-91. 2011..But, delayed abdominal wall reconstruction (DAWR) is necessary...
- Endoscopic versus open component separation in complex abdominal wall reconstructionKarem C Harth
Department of General Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Ave, Mail Stop 5047, Room 7110, Cleveland, OH 44106 5047, USA
Am J Surg 199:342-6; discussion 346-7. 2010..Open component separation has a high wound complication rate. Newer endoscopic approaches are described with no comparative trials...
- Lower abdominal wall pain and contusion in single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomyPankaj Garg
Fortis Super Speciality Hospital, Mohali, Punjab, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 20:713-5. 2010..incision and obliquity of the instruments, the lowermost port exerts repeated pressure on the infraumbilical abdominal wall. We are reporting 2 cases of single-incision laparoscopic surgery cholecystectomy who presented with lower ..
- REDUCING LAPAROTOMY WOUND FAILURESufan Chien; Fiscal Year: 2013..Despite many advances in the field of surgery and surgical technique, the formation of hernias following abdominal wall incisions continues to be a perplexing and prevalent problem...
- DGAP: Developmental Genome Anatomy ProjectCYNTHIA CASSON MORTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..These anomalies can include isolated defects ranging from cleft lip/palate, abdominal wall defects, limb defects, cardiac abnormalities or mental retardation, or they can occur as part of clinically ..
- Device to Improve Treatment of Colorectal Cancer Using O2 Dependent PhosphorescenJASON MATTHEW ZAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a precaution many surgeons will tunnel a proximal segment of the bowel through the abdominal wall to form a diverting stoma...
- Genetic Pathways Directing Ventral Folding Morphogenesis in Mammalian EmbryosELIZABETH H LACY; Fiscal Year: 2013..defects associated with incomplete body wall closure (gastroschisis, development of intestines outside the abdominal wall;ectopia cordis, location of heart outside the thoracic cavity);such aberrations of ventral folding occur in ~ ..
- Complex Ventral Hernia RepairHOBART WHITAKER HARRIS; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Ventral hernias occur following 11-23% of laparotomy (abdominal wall) incisions...
- Polycystin function in zebrafish (PA-06-158)Iain A Drummond; Fiscal Year: 2013..matrix seen in a variety of ADPKD pathologies including cystic kidney disease, vascular aneurysm, abdominal wall hernia, pericardial effusion, and defects in chondrogenesis...
- Nested case-control study of maternal herpes viruses in relation to gastroschisisMartha M Werler; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Gastroschisis, a congenital abdominal wall defect where the bowel and other organs are outside of the body at birth, has substantial surgical and medical consequences...
- Rotator cuff repair using hyaluronan enriched fascia extracellular matrixKATHLEEN ANNE DERWIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..inflammation, as defined by the number of persisting lymphocytes and plasma cells, will be quantified in a rat abdominal wall defect model...
- Comparative Effectiveness of Novel Minimally Invasive Surgical ProceduresJuliane Bingener-Casey; Fiscal Year: 2013..The introduction of laparoscopic surgery two decades ago revolutionized general surgery by minimizing abdominal wall incisions...
- Engineered Biologics for Repair of Abdominal Wall MusculofasciaAnshu B Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2013..applicant): Reconstructive surgery with biomaterials is commonly used to repair musculofascial defects in the abdominal wall that result from traumatic injury or ventral hernia, the outcomes of which are worsened with ageing...
- Role of mechanical strain in incisional hernia fibroblast function.ERIC J CULBERTSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..Models of muscle and tendon injury suggest that load-bearing tissues like the abdominal wall are dependent on mechanical strain to signal repair, believed to occur through mechano-transduction pathways ..
- Macrophage Phenotype as a Determinant of Outcome in Pelvic Organ Prolapse RepairBRYAN NICKLAUS BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, synthetic mesh, originally intended for abdominal wall hernias, has been increasingly used in repair of pelvic organ prolapse to improve anatomic success...
- Development of a Novel Composite Surgical MeshDavid J Vachon; Fiscal Year: 2012..are among the most commonly performed operations by general surgeons throughout the world with over 1 million abdominal wall repairs performed each year in the U.S. Of these, 770,000 are inguinal repairs 4-6...
- Hyaluronan Enriched Fascia ECM for Rotator Cuff RepairLIKANG CHIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The chronic inflammatory response to HA treated fascia will be evaluated in a rat abdominal wall defect model by the identification and quantification of infiltrating inflammatory cells...
- Bioadhesive Membrane Construct for Hernia RepairNEIL WINTERBOTTOM; Fiscal Year: 2010..Equally important, effective immobilization of the mesh against the abdominal wall is critical to hernia repair success...
- A Bioengineered Hernia PatchJEFF MORRIS CAVES; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will establish the feasibility of an innovative Synthetic Fascia(tm) for improved repair of abdominal wall hernias...
- A Device to Reduce Anastomotic Failure in the Treatment of Colorectal CancerJASON ZAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..As a precaution many surgeons will tunnel a proximal segment of the bowel through the abdominal wall to form a diverting stoma...
- Direct Peritoneal Resuscitation from Hypovolemic ShockRichard Garrison; Fiscal Year: 2007..of tissue water (intravascular thetaiv, interstitial thetaif, intracellular thetaic) in the gut and abdominal wall with QAR; 4) The role of neutrophils in the derangement of intestinal microvascular endothelium by measuring ..
- THORACOABDOMINAL ASYNCHRONY IN INFANT AIRWAY OBSTRUCTIONJulian Allen; Fiscal Year: 1992..1) Do abnormal pulmonary mechanics in infants with obstructive airways disease result in asynchronous rib cage/abdominal wall motion? 2) Does the improvement in lung mechanics in infants with obstructed airway treated with ..
- IN VIVO STUDY OF INTERSTITIAL CONVECTIONMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 1999..To carry this out, a unique animal preparation has been chosen: the rat anterior abdominal wall during peritoneal dialysis...
- PREVENTION OF POSTSURGICAL ADHESIONSJames Pachence; Fiscal Year: 2000..Adhesions were first created along the abdominal wall, cecum, and right uterine horn; the adhesions were confirmed, than lyzed, prior to application of the test ..
- BYPASS COLOSTOMY MODEL FOR CARCINOGENESIS STUDIESJILUN ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 1991..loop of colon at the junction of the transverse and descending colon will be placed surgically out of the abdominal wall to create two openings...
- NEW BIOMATERIALS TO MINIMIZE SCAR TISSUE FORMATIONJoan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2002..g. abdominal wall repair, hernia repair, skin replacement from burn or ulceration, intestinal ulcer repair)...
- RESPIRATORY MUSCLE FUNCTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASESteven Kelsen; Fiscal Year: 1991..force-velocity, and tension-time relationships) of the inspiratory and expiratory muscles of the rib cage, abdominal wall, and neck will be examined in isolated muscle strips in vitro and correlated with muscle structure and the ..
- Improved Susceptometry to Measure Body Iron StoresHector Robert; Fiscal Year: 2007..A new susceptometer coil geometry will minimize errors due to the susceptibility responses of the lung and abdominal wall. Errors will be reduced further by evaluating and correcting for the lung and abdominal-wall susceptibilities, ..
- INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON GENETIC PATHOLOGYJohn Opitz; Fiscal Year: 1991..Abnormal development of umbilical cord and abdominal wall (Enid Gilbert-Barness, Madison); 9...
- SELF-ADHERING NONINVASIVE INTRAUTERINE PRESSURE MONITORJOSEPH ORR; Fiscal Year: 1992..disposable bubble that is attached to the abdomen by an adhesive and presses slightly into the abdominal wall so that changes in intrauterine pressure can be measured...
- ADAPTIVE ULTRASONIC IMAGING USING A 2-D ARRAYDONG LAI LIU; Fiscal Year: 2001..focus characteristics and corresponding high image quality through inhomogeneous tissue (such as abdominal wall, chest wall, and the female breast)...
- Neurophysiology of Pain from the Uterine CervixChuanyao Tong; Fiscal Year: 2007..overlapping stimulus response for activity of afferents in the hypogastric nerve and reflex contraction of the abdominal wall musculature, hemodynamic responses, and cFos expression in the low thoracic spinal cord...
- ADAPTIVE ULTRASONIC IMAGING USING A 2-D ARRAYDONG LAI LIU; Fiscal Year: 2002..focus characteristics and corresponding high image quality through inhomogeneous tissue (such as abdominal wall, chest wall, and the female breast)...
- ULTRASONIC WAVE DISTORTION MEASUREMENT AND CORRECTIONROBERT WAAG; Fiscal Year: 2001..Fresh specimens of abdominal wall, chest wall, fat, liver, muscle, and appropriate layers thereof obtained during autopsy as well as breast ..
- IMPROVING CARDIAC IMAGING WITH NONLINEAR ULTRASOUNDJames Miller; Fiscal Year: 2005..in excised hearts and other tissues interrogated through phase-aberrating media analogous to chest or abdominal wall, and in tissue-mimicking media with well-controlled attenuation, backscatter, and speed of sound...
- Biomimetic Scaffolds for Abdominal Wall RepairAnshu Mathur; Fiscal Year: 2008..applicant): Reconstructive surgery with biomaterials is commonly used to repair musculofascial defects in the abdominal wall that result from traumatic injury or ventral hernia...
- Regulation of Fibroblast Survival in the Collagen MatrixMark Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2005..His clinical interests include minimally invasive and robotic surgery and surgery of the abdominal wall His basic science interests include the regulation of wound healing, granulation tissue regression, and tissue ..
- Effects of Hyaluronan on Interstitial ConvectionMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this research project will provide a basis for future work designed to preserve or enhance the transport characteristics of peritoneal tissue during chronic dialysis. ..
- PERITONEAL DELIVERY OF ANTINEOPLASTIC MACROMOLECULESMICHAEL FLESSNER; Fiscal Year: 2004..pressures, and binding properties of the MAb to tumor, a human xenograft will be transplanted into the abdominal wall of athymic rats, and peritoneal dialysis will be used to deliver MAb...
- Mechanical Failure Induces a Chronic Wound Phenotype in Laparotomy IncisionsMichael Franz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Since nearly 4 million laparotomies are performed annually in the US, the incidence of abdominal wall wound failure and incisional hernia formation approaches 400,000...
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- Cardiac-Related Mortality with Atypical AntipsychoticsDEANNA KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is important as data on long-term health outcomes with atypical antipsychotics is lacking from the literature. ..
- Deposition of 0.5 to 2 Micron Aerosol in the Human LungG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2003..5 to 1 micron). Such information will provide a much-improved basis for the assessment of exposure to small inhaled particles both in long duration spaceflight and on Earth. ..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR AP-2 IN MAMMARY GLAND DEVELOPMENTTrevor Williams; Fiscal Year: 2001..These transgenic and knockout mice will be examined to ascertain if the inappropriate expression of AP-2 can influence normal mammary gland development and breast cancer. ..
- GENES CONTROLLING VIRUS INDUCED ASTHMA IN RATSWilliam Castleman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- STABILITY OF MUSCULAR LOADING OF THE LUMBAR SPINEIan Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, the specific roles of individual muscles will be better elucidated, which will be helpful in guiding therapy for people with low back dysfunction. ..
- LONG TERM NERVE REGENERATION THROUGH COLLAGEN DEVICESIoannis Yannas; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data will be useful for all investigators studying the efficacy of devices for peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- Conotruncal defects: genetic and nutritional riskEDWARD JAMES LAMMER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Magnetic Catheter Navigation in 1.5 Tesla EnvironmentMark Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, the prototype created in this project would be reproducible and behave predictably under a given set of conditions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AN INTEGRATED MODEL OF INTERVERTEBRAL DISC FUNCTIONIan Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2006..and the local conditions that can influence its metabolism, eventual composition and function in three-dimensions. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- SCORE PROGRAM AT STILLMAN COLLEGEJarnail Singh; Fiscal Year: 2008..Gastroschisis is a congenital fissure of the abdominal wall that permits extrusion of abdominal contents...
- Comorbid Substance Abuse and Long-Term Health Outcomes in SchizophreniaDEANNA KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be an important step for improving the lives of people with schizophrenia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Progressive scoliosis deformity in intervertebral discIan Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2009..These approaches may include improvements in brace design, new possibilities for muscle rehabilitation, and surgical procedures aimed at early, minimally invasive modification of spinal growth. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF GENES INVOLVED IN VERTEBRATE CRANIOFACIAL DEVELOPMENTTrevor Williams; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately the results of this study will provide new candidates for an analysis of the underlying causes of related human birth defects. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INFRASTRUCTURE FOR RESEARCH ON MENTAL DISABILITIESRoger Stevenson; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- BOTULINUM TOXIN THERAPY FOR INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS/CHRON*Mary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ANDROGEN RECEPTOR REGULATION OF PROSTATE CANCER GROWTHSamir Taneja; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Role of NO and Endothelin in Human NECGAIL BESNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, these data could provide a platform for a prospective, randomized trial of new medical therapeutic strategies for NEC, e.g., the pharmacological manipulation of endothelin receptors. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sensory Testing in Subjects with Interstitial CystitisMary FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- Microarray Analysis of WoundsAMY COLWELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize these genes can be used to modulate the biology of adult wound healing. This first step will form our basis for developing treatment to induce scarless healing. ..
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchangeG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) Define and quantify the relationship between alterations in the heterogeneity of pulmonary blood flow and lung water content using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and X-ray techniques. ..
- Role of integrins and activin in granulosa cell growthKutluk Oktay; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cell proliferation and survival will be determined before and after transfection with the dominant-negative mutants. ..