Genomes and Genes
transients and migrants
Summary: Mobile, short-term residents who move usually to find work.
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Health care provision for illegal migrants: may health policy make a difference?A M Torres-Cantero
Department of Health and Social Sciences, Medical School, Murcia University, Murcia, Spain
Eur J Public Health 17:483-5. 2007..We did not find differences in the utilization of health services when ill between legal and illegal migrants. However, a significantly lower utilization of health services was associated with less education (RP = 0.4; 95% CI: 0.2-0.9)...
- Risk of HIV/AIDS in China: subpopulations of special importanceH Z Qian
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Blvd Ryals 443A, Birmingham, AL 35294 2200, USA
Sex Transm Infect 81:442-7. 2005..To describe the HIV/AIDS epidemic in mainland China...
- Workplace and HIV-related sexual behaviours and perceptions among female migrant workersH Yang
Prevention Research Center the Carman and Ann Adams Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
AIDS Care 17:819-33. 2005..Intervention strategies should be tailored to address occupational-related factors...
- HIV-related high-risk behaviors among Chinese migrant construction laborers in Nantong, JiangsuXun Zhuang
National Center for AIDS STD Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e31986. 2012..Recent surveillance statistics indicate that HIV prevalence among returning migrants has increased significantly...
- Smoking patterns among Chinese rural-urban migrant workersT Yang
Centre for Tobacco Control Research, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310058, China
Public Health 123:743-9. 2009..To estimate smoking prevalence and identify correlates of smoking initiation among rural-urban migrant workers...
- Barriers to HIV testing for migrant black Africans in Western EuropeI Fakoya
Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research, University College London, London, UK
HIV Med 9:23-5. 2008..HIV testing strategies need to be grounded in outreach and community mobilisation, addressing fear of diagnosis, highlighting the success of treatment and tackling HIV-related stigma among black African migrant communities...
- Health status and access to health care of migrant workers in ChinaTherese Hesketh
University College London Centre for International Health and Development, London, England
Public Health Rep 123:189-97. 2008..We explored living and working conditions, health status, and health-care access in Chinese rural-to-urban migrants and compared them with permanent rural and urban residents...
- Traditional phytotherapy and trans-cultural pharmacy among Turkish migrants living in Cologne, GermanyAndrea Pieroni
SCH Group, Department of Social Sciences, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Postbus 8060, NL 6700 DA Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Ethnopharmacol 102:69-88. 2005..This article concludes by suggesting hypotheses on future changes affecting the knowledge and use of medicinal plants within the Turkish community of Cologne...
- Religious and cultural distance in beliefs about health and illness in women with diabetes mellitus of different origin living in SwedenKatarina Hjelm
Department of Community Medicine, University of Lund, Sweden
Int J Nurs Stud 40:627-43. 2003..Cultural and religious distance are essential for understanding self-care practice and care-seeking behaviour, and need to be considered in the planning of diabetes care...
- Characteristics and determinants of sexual behavior among adolescents of migrant workers in Shangai (China)Shenghui Li
Shangai Xin Hua Hospital affiliated with Shangai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shangai, PR China
BMC Public Health 9:195. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess the prevalence of sexual behaviors and the correlates among the early adolescents of migrant workers in China...
- Neighborhood effects on health among migrants and natives in Shanghai, ChinaMing Wen
Department of Sociology University of Utah, 380 S 1530 E RM 301, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0250, USA
Health Place 16:452-60. 2010..Relative to SES indicators, perceived loneliness and stress are more directly associated with health. Study limitations and future research direction are discussed in the end...
- Mental health of migrant workers in China: prevalence and correlatesDaniel Fu Keung Wong
School of Nursing and Social Work, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne, Level 5, 234 Queensberry Street, Carlton, Melbourne VIC 3053, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:483-9. 2008..This study aimed to examine the prevalence and the socio-demographic correlates of mental health of migrant workers in Shanghai China...
- Risk of sexually transmitted infections and violence among indoor-working female sex workers in London: the effect of migration from Eastern EuropeLucy Platt
Department of Social and Environmental Health Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 15 17 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9SH, UK
Sex Transm Infect 87:377-84. 2011....
- Rural-urban migration and child survival in urban Bangladesh: are the urban migrants and poor disadvantaged?M Mazharul Islam
Department of Statistics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
J Biosoc Sci 40:83-96. 2008..The findings of the study may have important policy implications for urban planning, highlighting the need to target migrant groups and the urban poor within urban areas in the provision of health care services...
- China's floating population and the potential for HIV transmission: a social-behavioural perspectiveA F Anderson
School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University Kokomo, Kokomo, Indiana 46904 9003, USA
AIDS Care 15:177-85. 2003..Given the sheer size and broad movement of this population, it is contended that it may well be a 'tipping point' factor in AIDS prevention and control in China...
- [Assessment of the impact of the new health legislation on illegal immigrants in Spain: the case of human immunodeficiency virus infection]José A Pérez-Molina
Medicina Tropical, Servicio de Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 30:472-8. 2012....
- HIV/AIDS-related sexual risks and migratory status among female sex workers in a rural Chinese countyYan Hong
Department of Social and Behavioral Health, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College Station, USA
AIDS Care 21:212-20. 2009..The data also underscore an urgent need for culturally appropriate HIV/AIDS-prevention intervention efforts among FSWs in rural or less developed areas in China...
- Barriers in accessing to tuberculosis care among non-residents in Shanghai: a descriptive study of delays in diagnosisWeibing Wang
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, China
Eur J Public Health 17:419-23. 2007..To describe accessibility to tuberculosis (TB) diagnosis in non-resident TB patients in Shanghai, China, and to identify factors associated with delay in diagnosis...
- Labor migration and HIV risk: a systematic review of the literatureStevan M Weine
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, 60612, USA
AIDS Behav 16:1605-21. 2012....
- Health care for irregular migrants: pragmatism across Europe: a qualitative studyMarie Dauvrin
Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique FNRS, Bruxelles, Belgium
BMC Res Notes 5:99. 2012..There is little empirical evidence on how health professionals cope with this challenge. This study explores the experiences of health professionals providing care to IM in three types of health care service across 16 European countries...
- Responding to diversity: an exploratory study of migrant health policies in EuropePhilipa Mladovsky
European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, LSE Health, London School of Economics and Political Science, Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE, UK
Health Policy 105:1-9. 2012..The analysis of migrant health policies in Europe is still in its infancy and there is an urgent need to monitor the implementation and evaluate the effectiveness of these diverse policies...
- Stillbirths and infant deaths among migrants in industrialized countriesMika Gissler
STAKES National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:134-48. 2009..There are studies which show that some migrant groups have similar or even better outcomes than those from the receiving country. Equally, raised risk of adverse outcomes for other migrant groups has been reported...
- Participation in mammography screening among migrants and non-migrants in DenmarkMaria Kristiansen
Danish Research Centre for Migration, Ethnicity, and Health, Health Services Research Unit, Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 51:28-36. 2012....
- The epidemiology of HIV and AIDS reports in migrants in the 27 European Union countries, Norway and Iceland: 1999-2006Julia del Amo
National Center of Epidemiology, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Public Health 21:620-6. 2011..To describe the epidemiology of HIV and AIDS by geographical origin in the EU, 1999-2006...
- Obesity and cardiovascular disease risk among Turkish and Moroccan migrant groups in Europe: a systematic reviewJ K Ujcic-Voortman
Public Health Service Amsterdam, Department of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Obes Rev 13:2-16. 2012..In the Turkish population there is also a fair amount of evidence for unfavourable high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. However, more research on this topic among these major ethnic minorities is of high importance...
- Association analysis of 31 common polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes and its related traits in Indian sib pairsV Gupta
South Asia Network for Chronic Disease, Public Health Foundation of India, C 1 52, Safdarjung Development Area, New Delhi 110016, India
Diabetologia 55:349-57. 2012..Evaluation of the association of 31 common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with fasting glucose, fasting insulin, HOMA-beta cell function (HOMA-β), HOMA-insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) and type 2 diabetes in the Indian population...
- Seasonality in pulmonary tuberculosis among migrant workers entering KuwaitSaeed Akhtar
Department of Community Medicine and Behavioural Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University PO Box 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
BMC Infect Dis 8:3. 2008..This study examined the seasonal pattern in TB diagnosis among migrant workers from developing countries entering Kuwait...
- Correlates of late HIV diagnosis: implications for testing policyCyrille Delpierre
INSERM U558, F31073, Toulouse, France
Int J STD AIDS 18:312-7. 2007..Among migrants, HIV testing with informed consent short after entry should be improved, especially towards individuals not in couple...
- Depressive and anxiety disorders in different ethnic groups: a population based study among native Dutch, and Turkish, Moroccan and Surinamese migrants in AmsterdamMatty A S de Wit
Municipal Health Service Amsterdam Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, PO Box 2200, 1000 CE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 43:905-12. 2008....
- Diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis in undocumented migrants in low- or intermediate-incidence countriesE Heldal
Norwegian Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 12:878-88. 2008..Countries with low or intermediate tuberculosis (TB) incidence...
- The impact of out-migrants and out-migration on the HIV/AIDS epidemic: a case study from south-west IndiaKathleen N Deering
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
AIDS 22:S165-81. 2008....
- Identifying vulnerable subpopulations for climate change health effects in the United StatesJohn M Balbus
Environmental Defense Fund, Washington, DC, USA
J Occup Environ Med 51:33-7. 2009....
- Traditional medicines used by Pakistani migrants from Mirpur living in Bradford, Northern EnglandAndrea Pieroni
Division of Pharmacy Practice, University of Bradford, Richmond Bd, Richmond Rd, Bradford, BD7 1DP West Yorkshire, UK
Complement Ther Med 16:81-6. 2008..In this field study, an in-depth study was carried out of the herbal drugs still in use among Pakistani migrants from Mirpur living in Bradford, in the north of England...
- Migration, community context, and child immunization in EthiopiaGebre Egzbiabher Kiros
Institute of Public Health, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Soc Sci Med 59:2603-16. 2004..Community and ethnic group effects suggest that further targeting of health activities could be efficient and effective...
- HIV risk behaviours among contracted and non-contracted male migrant workers in India: potential role of labour contractors and contractual systems in HIV preventionNiranjan Saggurti
HIV and AIDS Programme, Population Council, New Delhi, India
AIDS 22:S127-36. 2008..To assess the HIV risk behaviours of male migrant contracted and non-contracted labourers in India and to understand the role of contract labour systems for use in HIV prevention efforts...
- Increased diabetes incidence in Greek and Italian migrants to Australia: how much can be explained by known risk factors?Allison M Hodge
Cancer Epidemiology Centre, The Cancer Council Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes Care 27:2330-4. 2004....
- Migration and perinatal health surveillance: an international Delphi surveyAnita J Gagnon
School of Nursing and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 149:37-43. 2010....
- Health issues of migrant and seasonal farmworkersEric Hansen
J Health Care Poor Underserved 14:153-64. 2003....
- Migrants travelling to their country of origin: a bridge population for HIV transmission?M A Kramer
Department of Research, Cluster Infectious Diseases, Health Service of Amsterdam, PO Box 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sex Transm Infect 84:554-5. 2008..We studied the determinants for such a population in two large migrant communities in The Netherlands...
- Gender and care: access to HIV testing, care, and treatmentRobert H Remien
HIV Center for Clinical and Behavioral Studies, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:S106-10. 2009..Culturally specific policy and programmatic recommendations for improving HIV prevention and treatment in the MENA region are offered...
- Respondent-driven sampling on the Thailand-Cambodia border. I. Can malaria cases be contained in mobile migrant workers?Amnat Khamsiriwatchara
Center of Excellence for Biomedical and Public Health Informatics BIOPHICS, Bangkok, Thailand
Malar J 10:120. 2011..In order to limit the spread of malarial drug resistance, the malaria prevention and control programme will need to devise strategies to reach cross-border and mobile migrant populations...
- Sexual behavior among employed male rural migrants in Shanghai, ChinaNa He
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 18:176-86. 2006..Sexually transmitted diseases and HIV are likely to increase among migrants, particularly those who are young. Intervention strategies should target younger migrants, and must accommodate a low literacy level...
- Rural-to-urban migrants and the HIV epidemic in ChinaYan Hong
Department of Health Policy and Management, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
AIDS Behav 10:421-30. 2006..The findings suggest an urgent need for HIV/STI prevention programs that address the cultural, social, and economic constraints facing the migrant population in China...
- Undocumented migrants lack access to pregnancy care and preventionHans Wolff
Department of Community Medicine and Primary Care, Geneva University Hospitals, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Public Health 8:93. 2008..The objective of the study was to compare the use of preventive measures and pregnancy care of undocumented pregnant migrants with those of women from the general population of Geneva, Switzerland...
- HIV and syphilis in migrant workers in eastern ChinaT Hesketh
Centre for International Child Health, Institute of Child Health, University College London, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1 N1EH, UK
Sex Transm Infect 82:11-4. 2006..To measure the prevalence of HIV and syphilis in migrant and urban workers in eastern China, and to determine their knowledge and attitudes towards HIV...
- Prevention of HIV infection among migrant population groups in Northeast BrazilLigia Regina Sansigolo Kerr-Pontes
Departamento de Saude Comunitaria, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 20:320-8. 2004..The groups' increased vulnerability relates to the socioeconomic complexity that must be considered in HIV/AIDS control and prevention programs...
- Characteristics and sexually transmitted diseases of male rural migrants in a metropolitan area of Eastern ChinaNa He
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1771, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:286-92. 2005..The goal of this study was to identify the correlates and determine the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) among male rural migrants in Shanghai, China...
- Access to healthcare and alternative health-seeking strategies among undocumented migrants in DenmarkDan Biswas
Danish Research Centre for Migration, Ethnicity and Health, Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Øster Farimagsgade 5A, DK 1014 Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Public Health 11:560. 2011..The aim of this study is to describe and analyse undocumented migrants' experiences of access to healthcare, use of alternative health-seeking strategies; and ER nurses' experiences in encounters with undocumented migrants...
- "Over-foreignization" or "unused potential"? A critical review of migrant health in Germany and responses toward unauthorized migrationHeide Castañeda
University of South Florida, Anthropology, 4202 East Fowler Avenue, SOC 107, Tampa, FL 33620 8100, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:830-8. 2012..Relative deservingness is evident in differential social positioning and access to resources, resulting in selective investment and decades of continued social inequality...
- Stress among migrant and seasonal farmworkers in rural southeast North CarolinaYeoun Soo Kim-Godwin
School of Nursing at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Wilmington, NC 28403, USA
J Rural Health 20:271-8. 2004..Although funding to enhance the delivery of health care among migrant farmworkers has primarily focused on urgent care issues within this population, the etiology of mental health risks and perceived stress is poorly understood...
- Estimation and projection of the HIV epidemic trend among the migrant population in ChinaXiaojun Meng
National Center for AIDS STD Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
Biomed Environ Sci 24:343-8. 2011..The migrant population is a vulnerable group for HIV infection in China. Understanding potential epidemic trends among migrants is critical for developing HIV preventative measures in this population...
- Differences between immigrant and non-immigrant groups in the use of primary medical care; a systematic reviewEllen Uiters
NIVEL, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 9:76. 2009..Therefore, our study aimed to provide a systematic overview of the existing research on differences in primary care utilization between immigrant groups and the majority population...
- Migration, mobility and sexual risk behavior in Mumbai, India: mobile men with non-residential wife show increased riskNiranjan Saggurti
HIV and AIDS Program, Population Council, New Delhi, 110003, India
AIDS Behav 13:921-7. 2009....
- Having a baby in the new land: a qualitative exploration of the experiences of Asian migrants in rural Tasmania, AustraliaH T Hoang
University Department of Rural Health, University of Tasmania, Tasmania, Australia
Rural Remote Health 9:1084. 2009..The aim of the study was to investigate Asian migrant women's child-birth experiences in a rural Australian context...
- HIV transmission potential among local and migrant factory workers in Kolkata, IndiaAlok Kumar Deb
National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Kolkata, India
AIDS Behav 13:928-38. 2009..There is great potential for transmission of HIV/sexually transmitted infections by these workers. Carefully designed intervention and education programs in the context of low literacy and cultural norms are urgently needed...
- [Internal migration and distribution of Chagas disease mortality, Brazil, 1981-1998]João Augusto Guimarães Drumond
Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros, Montes Claros, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 22:2131-40. 2006..Death rates in residents showed a consistent decline in the Southeast, South, and Central West of the country, but not in the Northeast and North, where median age at death was the lowest...
- Predictors of reducing sexual and reproductive risk behaviors based on the information-motivation-behavioral skills (IMB) model among unmarried rural-to-urban female migrants in Shanghai, ChinaYong Cai
School of Public Health affiliated with School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, PR China
PLoS ONE 8:e62787. 2013....
- HIV epidemic in Far-Western Nepal: effect of seasonal labor migration to IndiaNaveen K Vaidya
Center for Disease Modeling, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Public Health 11:310. 2011..The present study aims to evaluate the role of such seasonal labor-migration to India on HIV transmission in Far-Western Nepal and to assess prevention programs...
- Social, psychological, and environmental-structural factors determine consistent condom use among rural-to-urban migrant female sex workers in Shanghai ChinaXiuxia Ye
Shanghai Children s Medical Center Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Children s Environmental Health, Shanghai 200127, PR China
BMC Public Health 12:599. 2012....
- Comparing knowledge and use of health services of migrants from rural and urban areas in Kunming City, ChinaXiaolin Wei
Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Biosoc Sci 42:743-56. 2010..Further reform of the registered residence system and urban public financing system is recommended. Better information on services and their utilization should be provided to migrants and residents...
- Economic transition and maternal health care for internal migrants in Shanghai, ChinaZhan Shaokang
School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, Health Bureau of Minhang District, Shanghai, China
Health Policy Plan 17:47-55. 2002....
- How useful is a name-based algorithm in health research among Turkish migrants in Germany?O Razum
Department of Tropical Hygiene and Public Health, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
Trop Med Int Health 6:654-61. 2001..In specific circumstances, the algorithm may also be useful in aetiological research...
- Health care utilisation amongst Shenzhen migrant workers: does being insured make a difference?Jin Mou
Shenzhen Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen, 518020, Guangdong, China
BMC Health Serv Res 9:214. 2009....
- Lessons from the fields: a migrant HIV prevention projectH Virginia McCoy
Florida International University, Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work, Department of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Miami 33199, USA
Public Health Rep 124:790-6. 2009..As one of the first intervention studies in this population to use an experimental design and to focus on the social and contextual factors that contribute to risky behaviors, these lessons may provide guidance for future researchers...
- The health of migrant children in SwitzerlandFabienne N Jaeger
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Int J Public Health 57:659-71. 2012..Over 22 % of children and adolescents living in Switzerland have a migrant background. The aim of this systematic literature review is to give an overview of health needs of paediatric migrants in Switzerland...
- Cognitive, affective, and physiological expressions of anxiety symptomatology among Mexican migrant farmworkers: predictors and generational differencesJoseph D Hovey
Department of Psychology, University of Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Community Ment Health J 38:223-37. 2002..The findings highlight the necessity of establishing prevention and treatment services for migrant farmworkers that increase levels of emotional support, self esteem, and coping skills...
- Migrant farmworker stress: mental health implicationsAnn E Hiott
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1084, USA
J Rural Health 24:32-9. 2008..The number of Latinos in rural regions of the United States is increasing. Little is known about factors that undermine the mental health of this segment of the rural population...
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of voluntary HIV counseling and testing among rural migrants in Shanghai, ChinaNa He
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public, Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
AIDS Educ Prev 21:570-81. 2009..This study suggests that a much greater effort is needed to promote safer sex and to improve VCT knowledge and services among rural migrants particularly those who are engaging in risky behaviors...
- Knowledge, attitudes and practices of voluntary HIV counselling and testing among rural migrants in central China: a cross-sectional studyTiejun Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Public Health 22:192-7. 2012..To document knowledge, attitudes and practices of voluntary HIV counselling and testing (VCT) among rural migrants in central China...
- The resilience of migrant workers in Shanghai China: the roles of migration stress and meaning of migrationDaniel Fu Keung Wong
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong
Int J Soc Psychiatry 54:131-43. 2008..In China, more than 10 million rural migrants move to cities every year. Because of the Household Registration System, migrant workers are not entitled to subsidised housing, education, social security or medical benefits...
- Sexual knowledge, attitudes and behaviors among unmarried migrant female workers in China: a comparative analysisJie Tang
Department of Child, Adolescence and Woman Health Care, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, PR China
BMC Public Health 11:917. 2011..However, there have been few studies of unmarried migrant females' sexual knowledge, attitudes and behaviors, which is important for sexual health education and promotion...
- Risk factors for sexually transmitted disease among rural-to-urban migrants in China: implications for HIV/sexually transmitted disease preventionHongjie Liu
Pediatric Prevention Research Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201 2196, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 19:49-57. 2005..Appropriate behavioral intervention programs are advocated to reduce the risk and stigma among the special population...
- Demographic and health surveillance of mobile pastoralists in Chad: integration of biometric fingerprint identification into a geographical information systemDaniel Weibel
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, Swiss Tropical Institute, P O Box, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Geospat Health 3:113-24. 2008..Our ultimate goal is to implement and monitor interventions with the "one health" concept, thus integrating and improving human, animal and ecosystem health...
- Ethnopharmacy of Turkish-speaking Cypriots in Greater LondonAhmet Yöney
Centre for Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy, The School of Pharmacy University of London, London, UK
Phytother Res 24:731-40. 2010....
- Intangible obstacles: health implications of stigmatization, structural violence, and fear among undocumented immigrants in FranceStéphanie Larchanché
IRIS EHESS and Centre Françoise Minkowska, 12 rue Jacquemont, 75017 Paris, France
Soc Sci Med 74:858-63. 2012..e., healthcare providers) think about "deservingness." Medical anthropology is in a unique position to demonstrate and theorize these factors and effects, which inform contemporary debates about migration and "health ethics."..
- Is there a Mediterranean migrants mortality paradox in Europe?M Khlat
Int J Epidemiol 32:1115-8. 2003
- Smoking among young rural to urban migrant women in China: a cross-sectional surveyXia Wan
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences of Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine of Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e23028. 2011..Rural-to-urban migrant women may be vulnerable to smoking initiation as they are newly exposed to risk factors in the urban environment. We sought to identify correlates of smoking among rural-to-urban migrant women in China...
- Correlates of psychological wellbeing of children of migrant workers in Shanghai, ChinaFu Keung Daniel Wong
School of Nursing and Social Work, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 44:815-24. 2009..However, little research on the lives of these children has been conducted. The purpose of the present study is to identify the risk factors associated with the psychological wellbeing of children of migrant workers in Shanghai, China...
- Population mobility and spread of HIV across the Indo-Nepal borderBinod Nepal
National Centre for Social and Economic Modelling, University of Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
J Health Popul Nutr 25:267-77. 2007..Collaborative research and interventions covering both sides of the border are desirable to fully understand and address the prospect of HIV epidemics associated with cross-border population mixing...
- Immigrant populations, work and health--a systematic literature reviewEmily Q Ahonen
Occupational Health Research Unit, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Carrer Doctor Aiguader 88, ES 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Scand J Work Environ Health 33:96-104. 2007..This paper summarizes the information on immigrant occupational health available from recent studies, incorporating varied study designs...
- Providing medical care for undocumented migrants in Denmark: what are the challenges for health professionals?Natasja K Jensen
Danish Research Centre for Migration, Health and Ethnicity MESU, Section for Health Services Research, Department of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Øster Farimagsgade 5, 1014 Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Health Serv Res 11:154. 2011..This study focuses on how health professionals navigate and how they experience providing treatment for undocumented migrants in the Danish health care system...
- Robotic health assistant (Feverkit) for the rational management of fevers among nomads in NigeriaOladele Akogun
Common Heritage Foundation, Yola, Nigeria
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 24:58-67. 2011..Public-private sector collaboration is essential for sustaining and scaling up production of the Feverkit as a commercial health device for the management of fevers among nomads...
- Undocumented migrants in Switzerland: geographical origin versus legal status as risk factor for tuberculosisH Wolff
Department of Primary Care and Community Medicine, University Hospitals of Geneva, University of Geneva, 9, Avenue Champel, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Immigr Minor Health 12:18-23. 2010..6;4.7) among legal residents and 5.5 (95% CI 2.8;10.8) among undocumented migrants. Chest X-ray screening identified a higher proportion of TB-related fibrotic signs among Latin Americans, independently of their residency status...
- Cancer profile of migrants from the Former Soviet Union in Germany: incidence and mortalityVolker Winkler
Institute of Public Health, Unit Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 324, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Causes Control 20:1873-9. 2009..Results confirm that FSU-migrants suffer from cancers, which may be prevented by prevention programs. Furthermore, we cannot conclude a different health-seeking behavior compared to Germans...
- Smoking knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors among rural-to-urban migrant women in Beijing, ChinaKaren Finch
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Asia Pac J Public Health 22:342-53. 2010..China has the largest population of cigarette smokers worldwide; surveys suggest rising prevalence among young women. Migratory lifestyles may confer increased susceptibility...
- Sexual behaviour and contraceptive use among unmarried, young women migrant workers in five cities in ChinaZ Zheng
Institute of Population Research, Peking University, 3 4, Building 22, Muxidi, Beijing 100038, China
Reprod Health Matters 9:118-27. 2001....
- Depression in first generation labour migrants in Western Europe: the utility of the Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale (CES-D)J Spijker
Municipal Health Service Amsterdam, Department of Epidemiology and Health Promotion, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 19:538-44. 2004..This study examines the utility of Turkish and Arabic translations of the Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale (CES-D) among elderly labour migrants from Turkish and Moroccan descent in the Netherlands...
- Good practice in health care for migrants: views and experiences of care professionals in 16 European countriesStefan Priebe
Unit for Social and Community Psychiatry, London and the Barts School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, Newham Centre for Mental Health, UK
BMC Public Health 11:187. 2011....
- Comparison of maternal mortality between migrating population and permanent residents in Shanghai, China, 1996-2005L Zhu
Shanghai First Maternity and Infant Hospital Affiliated to Tongji University, Shanghai Women s Health Institute, Shanghai, China
BJOG 116:401-7. 2009....
- Migrants' risky sexual behaviours in India and at home in far western NepalKrishna C Poudel
Department of International Community Health, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Trop Med Int Health 9:897-903. 2004..To examine Nepali migrants' vulnerability to HIV/sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and their possible role in causing the epidemic in far western Nepal...
- Undocumented migrants in Canada: a scope literature review on health, access to services, and working conditionsLilian Magalhaes
School of Occupational Therapy, University of Western Ontario, 1201 Western Road, Elborn College, London, ON N6G 1H1, Canada
J Immigr Minor Health 12:132-51. 2010....
- Reducing barriers associated with delivering health care services to migratory agricultural workersHans D Schmalzried
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH, USA
Rural Remote Health 12:2088. 2012..A secondary purpose was to suggest strategies for reducing these barriers...
- HIV-1 in ethnic Shan migrant workers in northern ThailandKriengKrai Srithanaviboonchai
Office of Communicable Disease Control Region 10, Chiang Mai, Thailand
AIDS 16:929-31. 2002..7% men, 3.8% women). This figure is almost double that of comparable population groups in Chiang Mai, e.g. pregnant women and military recruits. HIV prevention programmes are urgently needed for this vulnerable population...
- A framework for analysing migrant health policies in EuropePhilipa Mladovsky
LSE Health, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, United Kingdom
Health Policy 93:55-63. 2009..These experiences signal important policy issues and options in the development of migrant health policies in Europe...
- Vulnerable but feeling safe: HIV risk among male rural-to-urban migrant workers in Chengdu, ChinaL Li
Australian International Health Institute, University of Melbourne, Australia
AIDS Care 19:1288-95. 2007..Education was also found to be significantly associated with purchasing sex. Targeted HIV-prevention programs for male migrant workers in Chengdu, especially for those who are single and less educated, are urgently needed...
- Health care seeking among detained undocumented migrants: a cross-sectional studyTina Dorn
Public Health Service, Department of Epidemiology, Documentation and Health Promotion, P O BOX 2200, 1000 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 11:190. 2011..Studies on the health of undocumented migrants in Europe are scarce and focus on care-seeking migrants. Not much is known on those who do not seek care...
- How is health-related "deservingness" reckoned? Perspectives from unauthorized im/migrants in Tel AvivSarah S Willen
University of Connecticut, Department of Anthropology, 354 Mansfield Road, Unit 2176, Beach Hall, Storrs, CT 06269 2176, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:812-21. 2012....
- [Health problems and health-care among unregistered migrants: a comparison between Germany and Italy]H Waller
Zentrum für Angewandte Gesundheitswissenschaften der Universität Lüneburg
Gesundheitswesen 70:4-8. 2008..Their main diseases did not differ much from the average spectrum except for showing a higher prevalence of "poverty-related illnesses" like infectious and skin diseases...
- Leaving family for work: ambivalence and mental health among Mexican migrant farmworker menJoseph G Grzywacz
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1084, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 8:85-97. 2006..Study recommendations include facilitating family contact by expanding access to telephones among migrant workers...
- Occupational health and safety experience of day laborers in Seattle, WANoah S Seixas
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105 6099, USA
Am J Ind Med 51:399-406. 2008..Day Labor is a growing part of the informal economy in the US, and in Seattle, and may entail a high risk of injury and illness at work...
- Sexual and reproductive health behaviors of undocumented migrants in Geneva: a cross sectional studyPaul Sebo
Department of Community Medicine and Primary Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
J Immigr Minor Health 13:510-7. 2011..Our study underlines the real need for specific sexual and reproductive educational programs targeting this hard to reach population...
- Cre, Dre Dual Lineage Model for Calcium Imaging and Optogenetic ManipulationsPetr Tvrdik; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will be able to determine if Hoxb8 mutant microglia respond to neural stimuli correctly. Taken together, the proposed work will advance the set of tools available to address the underlying causes of glial and other disorders. ..
- Novel Zebrafish Models to Study Toxicity of PCBs and Pesticides During PregnancyLisa Satterwhite; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Local Calcium Signaling in Pulmonary ArteriesJAMES SK SHAM; Fiscal Year: 2012..The information generated by the proposed experiments will be valuable for the development of new treatments for pulmonary vascular diseases. ..
- Imbalances in Calcium Homeostasis: Mechanism Behind Ethanol-Related Dendritic DegCynthia A Dlugos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Permanent deficits result from these alterations that become more prevalent with age and predispose our increasing elderly population to falls, accidents, and cognitive dysfunctions. ..
- Role of Dendritic Ca2+ Transients in Respiratory Rhythm GenerationJack L Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will significantly advance our understanding of the neural mechanisms generating respiratory rhythm and shed light on human disorders of breathing. ..
- Function and regulation of elemental Ca2+ signaling in urethral smooth muscleRonghua Zhuge; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- INTRACELLULAR CALCIUM IN HAIR CELLSRobert Fettiplace; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that calcium overloading leading to mitochondrial dysfunction is a major route to cell damage. ..
- Mechanisms regulating SR Ca2+ ATPase in the AtriaMuthu Periasamy; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition another important goal of this study is to understand its role in atrial pathology. These studies will employ genetically engineered mouse models to understand if loss of Sarcolipin protein has an effect on cardiac function. ..
- Cardiac dysfunction in StrepTSS: interplay of SLO and MMPsDennis L Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Modulation of Ca Control of Cardiac MyofibrilsR John Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- MECHANISMS OF MALADAPTATION IN HEART FAILUREHoward A Rockman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, the proposed studies will lead to new targets to treat cardiac hypertrophy and heart failure in humans. ..
- Nuclear ryanodine receptor type 1: Role in skeletal muscle physiology and diseaseViktor Yarotskyy; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will test the validity of a novel pathophysiological mechanism by which altered RyR1 channel in impacts skeletal muscle disease. ..
- EFFECT OF R1R2 OVER-EXPRESSION ON CARDIAC FUNCTIONMichael Regnier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results from these studies will provide valuable insight on whether sustained enhancement of myofilament contractility (with dATP) has potential for treatment of heart failure in animal models and humans. ..
- MRP4 extrudes cAMP for localized regulation of calcium channel activityOLIVIA RUTH BUONARATI; Fiscal Year: 2013..2-associated disorders in the central nervous system, including stroke, depression, anxiety, senility and Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Development of a Human Hydrolase to Treat Cocaine Abuse and Overdose: Rat ModelsWILLIAM STEPHEN BRIMIJOIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..This application will investigate whether direct treatment or gene therapy with this enzyme can reduce drug-seeking behavior in rats as a model for cocaine addiction in humans. ..
- Sox10 Alleles for Functional Analysis of Glial LineagesE Michelle Southard-Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- SK2 Channels as Novel Neuroprotective Targets Against Cerebral IschemiaPaco S Herson; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Integrated imaging of the form and function of the beating embryonic heartANDREW MARTIN ROLLINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our proposed studies could comprise a first step toward developing new therapeutic strategies based on FA/MI prevention of birth defects to benefit public health. ..
- Visualizing Actomyosin Transients by Data MergingThomas P Burghardt; Fiscal Year: 2013..These analytical tools are next-generation methods addressing transduction and motility in muscle myosin. ..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY OF NEONATAL AND ADULT HEARTMartin Morad; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Calcium Signaling in a Model of Temporal Lobe EpilepsyKaren S Wilcox; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally it is anticipated that the proposed experiments will lead to the identification of novel molecular targets for innovative therapeutic approaches for the treatment, prevention, and/or cure of this devastating seizure disorder. ..
- Factors that Initiate Arrhythamias in Long QT SyndromeGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2006..Stimulation paradigms that i) enhance DOR or ii) elicit a bradycardia followed by a tachycardia are more likely to increase the incidence of EADs or TdP. ..
- Sex Hormones and Cardiac Arrhythmia in Transgenic LQT2 RabbitsGideon Koren; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Properties of Clca Channels in Vascular MyocytesNormand Leblanc; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will not only advance our knowledge about their basic properties, but should also pave the way for the development of future therapies to treat PH. ..
- Cardiac Myosin Binding Protein-C: Structure and FunctionSakthivel Sadayappan; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Single Cross-Bridge Kinetics in Transgenic Mouse Hearts Expressing FHC MutationsDanuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Acquisition of a Leica TCS SP5 Confocal Microscope For A Multi-User FacilityPatricia A Conrad; Fiscal Year: 2013..All of these projects use methods of multiparameter mapping strategies in living and fixed cells and tissues and critically need the capabilities of th requested SP5 confocal for their NIH-funded projects to move forward. ..
- G Protein Coupled Receptor Modulation of Synaptic TransmissionEDAENI YISHAK HAMID; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Role of Calcium Signaling in Stem Cell QuiescenceGozde Yucel; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studying stem cell quiescence is critical because disruption of quiescence leads to cancer. I intend to study the role of calcium signaling in hair follicle stem cell quiescence. ..
- Modulation of calcium signaling by changes in STIM expressionJonathan Soboloff; Fiscal Year: 2013..Considered in combination, these investigations will provide the framework for a new understanding of how Ca2+ signals in cells are modulated over extended time periods via crosstalk between autocrine, paracrine and endocrine factors. ..
- CARDIAC CONTRACTILE KINETICSMichael Regnier; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Time Resolved Breast Imaging Using a Combined MRI and Optical Tomography ApproachSTEFAN ALEXANDRU CARP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Difference BOLD images will be cross-validated against corresponding HbR maps. The work will culminate with a clinical trial to assess the early therapy outcome predictive ability of the new biomarkers. ..
- Mechanisms of ROS Balance and Cardiac Energy Metabolism in Diabetes MellitusSONIA DEL CARMEN CORTASSA; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- CaMK: central regulators of the inflammatory response to surgical sepsisMATTHEW RANDALL ROSENGART; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Mechanisms for Stem Cell Differentiation into Cardiac MyocytesMargaret Loewy Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our general hypothesis is nuclear Ca2+ oscillations induce hMSCells to differentiate into cardiomyocytes. We study this in co-cultures with neonatal cardiomyocytes in vitro and in vivo in the mouse heart. ..
- GABAergic regulation of glutamine synthetase and its role in preventing epilepsyStephen J Moss; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collectively these studies may lead to the development of novel therapies to increase the activity of GS to alleviate the burdens of epilepsy ..
- Optical Study of Secretion in Mammalian Nerve TerminalsBRIAN MATTHEW SALZBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- DYNAMICS OF SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN NEURONSRoger Y Tsien; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such tools will help elucidate mechanisms of neuronal information processing, communication, lifecycles, control of behavior, and pathological injury. ..
- Effect of ethanol on Bergmann glia Ca2+ dynamics during motor behaviorMartin Paukert; Fiscal Year: 2013..The studies have the potential to lead the way towards novel, more specific treatments of ethanol withdrawal. ..
- Molecular Physiology of Myotonia and Periodic ParalysisStephen C Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Hippocampal Synaptic StructurePhilip W Landfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given the dramatic increase in the aging population, it is becoming increasingly important to identify and develop such therapies to maintain cognitive function in the elderly. ..
- Ca2+ Regulation in Newly Formed Ventricular MyocytesSteven R Houser; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preclinical studies in animal models will apply these strategies to determine if they might be useful for treating patients with many different forms of cardiac injury. ..
- The effect of phthalates on the heart: molecular pathways and clinical relevanceNikki Gillum Posnack; Fiscal Year: 2013..In contrast, little is known about the adverse effects of DEHP on the heart, and awareness of its potential cardiotoxicity is essentially non-existent. ..
- Effects of K+ Accumulation/Depletion in the HeartGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- New Technologies to Identify Novel Periodontal PathogensFLAVIA ROCHA TELES; Fiscal Year: 2012..This project is relevant to NIDCR's mission because understanding of the role of uncultivated/unrecognized subgingival bacteria can provide new targets for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of oral infections. ..
- Neurotransmitter Fate Specification and the Role of Voltage-Gated Calcium ChannelMARGARET SAHA; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the focus of this proposal is on the role of voltage-gated calcium channels which have been widely implicated in a profound range of neurological (and non-neurological) human diseases. ..
- Protective Effects of Anti-C5a in SepsisPeter A Ward; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is clear that we have incomplete understanding of sepsis. Until this obstacle is resolved through an understanding of the molecular determinants of sepsis, treatment will be supportive and extremely costly. ..
- Mechanisms/Treatments of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction After Spinal Cord InjuryANTHONY JOHN KANAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are confident that our experience and unique approaches will lead to a very interactive and fruitful program. ..
- Role of Aldosterone in Cardiac RemodelingFlora Sam; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide new understanding of the mechanisms of aldosterone signaling in the pressure overload heart and will have direct relevance to a common cause of heart failure in patients. ..
- Human Induced Pluripotent Cell Models of Pediatric Cardiac DisordersIhor R Lemischka; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies could have important impact on the development of novel therapeutic strategies for these myocardial diseases, for which our current approaches are not curative. ..
- Modulation of Colonic Response to Stress by Peripheral CRF2 ReceptorsMILLION MULUGETA; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Calcium Signaling in the Brain Reward Circuit and Drug AddictionHitoshi Morikawa; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this project is to determine the critical cellular signals mediating these changes and their regulation by addictive drugs. ..
- Ethanol on Excitation-Contraction in Cardiac CellsAndrew Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings may also have broader implications in elucidating the causal factors associated with the development of other aberrant adaptive processes in the heart, which eventually lead to cardiac failure ..
- Nox2-Calcium Signaling in Skeletal MuscleGeorge G Rodney; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, it will lay the foundation for the development of targeted antioxidant therapy to combat the deleterious effects of overproduction of ROS seen in muscle fatigue and disease. ..
- Cerebrovascular Myosin Light Chain Phosphorylation in Fetus, Newborn, and AdultWilliam J Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Calcium Signaling in AstrocytesKAREN S contact WILCOX; Fiscal Year: 2010..A likely outcome of the proposed work will be entirely new ways to assess potential pharmacological therapies for epilepsy. ..
- The role of dynamic changes in repolarization and calcium transients in Long QT rBum Rak Choi; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study will provide mechanistic insights of LQT related arrhythmias which can be used as a basis for further molecular studies. ..
- REGULATION OF CAMP TRANSIENTS IN NEURONSDaniel R Storm; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- The role of short-term plasticity at the calyx of Held for auditory processingYunxiang Chu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The expertise of Dr. Wade Regehr and the environment of Harvard Medical School provide me with extensive training in electrophysiology and imaging techniques necessary to complete my goals. ..
- Mitochondrial pathways in NO induced cardioprotectionJames N Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..End of Abstract) ..
- Imaging and stimulation of neural activity at cellular resolution in awake miceDavid W Tank; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- CaMKII in neuronal signaling and degenerationAndy Hudmon; Fiscal Year: 2013..Conclusions from these studies may also identify novel therapeutic targets and mechanisms to disrupt neuronal and glia death induced by glutamate excitotoxicity. ..
- Gender-Differences in Cardiac Repolarization/ArrhythmiasGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF MYOSIN IN SKELETAL MUSCLEGordon Lutz; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ENDOSTATIN RECEPTOR CDNA CLONING AND IONIC SIGNALINGSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2001..3. To determine the molecular basis of pH-signaling by endostatin and (time permitting) angiostatin. ..
- High-Speed, Depth-Resolved Images of Cardiac physiologyGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2007..We focus here on the heart because therein lie salient problems that are ready to be addressed by this new technology. However, the wide range of possible applications may lead to the commercialization of this new technology. ..
- DEVELOPING HEART--BIOPHYSICAL ASPECTSPage Anderson; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Neurogenic Calcium Signals in Small ArteriesWITHROW WIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..