public health students
Summary: Individuals enrolled in a school of PUBLIC HEALTH or a formal educational program in public health.
- ASPHER PEER review: a discussion of its role in the joint Open Society Institute (OSI)--Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER) programJulien Goodman
Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region, 14 rue du Val d Osne, 94415 Saint Maurice, France
Public Health Rev 30:51-67. 2002
- Education in epidemiology: "The Times They Are a-Changin'"Jonathan M Samet
Department of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21505, USA
Epidemiology 19:345-6. 2008..We offer suggestions for educational programs and professional organizations on approaching these ongoing challenges...
- Primary data collection: what should well-trained epidemiology doctoral students be able to do?Julie E Buring
Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Epidemiology 19:347-9. 2008....
- [Students of the Faculty of Medicine and of the Division of Public Health of Medical University of Bialystok towards nicotine addiction against the background of the National Health Program in Poland]Dorota Bielska
Zakład Medycyny Rodzinnej i Pielegniarstwa Srodowiskowego, Akademii Medycznej w Białymstoku
Przegl Lek 64:777-80. 2007....
- [Frequency of smoking tobacco among the students of the last year of the Faculty of Health Sciences]Adam Rzeznicki
Katedra Medycyny Społecznej i Zapobiegawczej, Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lodzi
Przegl Lek 64:786-90. 2007..There is a need to undertake some efficient preventive actions directed at the problem of smoking among the students, especially of the departments which produce the personnel of the health centres...
- [Comparison of the knowledge level of stationary and non stationary students of the Public Higher Medical Professional School in Opole on the subject of the health results of smoking]Mariola Wojtal
Zakład Pielegniarstwa Ogólnego Państwowej Medycznej Wyzszej Szkoły Zawodowej w Opolu
Przegl Lek 64:800-3. 2007..The stationary students, young people, don't realize a nicotine addiction as the strong risk fully--11.2% of examined is negating a fact that the smoking can cause so strong addiction, like taking drugs...
- Perspectives on a community-based course for public health studentsNatasha A Brown
Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health Department of Health, Behavior and Society in Baltimore, Maryland
Health Promot Pract 11:235-43. 2010..The authors anticipate that this information will promote and serve as a reference for similar community-university partnerships at other schools of public health...
- All-cause mortality attributable to chronic kidney disease: a prospective cohort study based on 462 293 adults in TaiwanChi Pang Wen
Center for Health Policy Research and Development, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan
Lancet 371:2173-82. 2008..We assessed prevalence and mortality risks for all stages of chronic kidney disease and quantified its attributable mortality in Taiwan...
- The changing pattern of doctoral education in public health from 1985 to 2006 and the challenge of doctoral training for practice and leadershipEugene Declercq
Maternal and Child Health Department, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118 2526, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1565-9. 2008..We describe approaches to practice-based doctoral education taken by three schools of public health...
- Relaxation training and written emotional disclosure for tension or migraine headaches: a randomized, controlled trialPamela J D'Souza
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, 5057 Woodward Avenue, 7th Floor, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Ann Behav Med 36:21-32. 2008..We compared the effects of RT and WED on people with tension or migraine headaches...
- Opening the window on public health to veterinary studentsR A Stoddard
Bacterial Zoonoses Branch, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector Borne, and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30317, USA
Rev Sci Tech 28:671-9. 2009..In this paper, the authors describe the existing opportunities for training in or practising as a public health veterinarian, with a particular focus on the United States of America...
- Specialist English as a foreign language for European public health: evaluation of competencies and needs among Polish and Lithuanian studentsLinas Sumskas
Department of Preventive Medicine, Kaunas University of Medicine, A Mickeviciaus, Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 46:51-60. 2010..get a deeper insight how the English language is perceived as a foreign language, by Polish and Lithuanian public health students, what is level of their language competence, which level of English proficiency they expect to use in ..
- Can distance education prepare future public health nutritionists? A case studyBarbara A Laraia
Department of Medicine, Center for Health and Community, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0856, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 40:34-8. 2008..To assess student retention, readiness, support and outcomes among students completing the Professional Practice Program in Nutrition (PPPN)...
- Elevators, falafel, and thalassemiaAisha Saad
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:1141-6. 2007
- Public health infrastructure needs investmentElinor Wilson
Canadian Public Health Association
Can Nurse 103:44. 2007
- What should an MPH graduate be able to do at the end of the training period?Elena A Varavikova
Department of Organization of Health Services Delivery, Cluster Evidence and Information for Health Policy, World Health Organization, Avenue Appia 20, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland
Public Health Rev 30:99-108. 2002..And by the way, some good luck helps too...
- The Health Promoting University: opportunities, challenges and future developmentsMark Dooris
Promot Educ . 2002
- Student leadership in public health advocacy: lessons learned from the hepatitis B initiativeLeslie D Hsu
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1250-2. 2003..By October 2002, 997 HBI patients from Boston's Chinatown had received free hepatitis B screenings. Of these, 384 patients (39%) were deemed susceptible to the hepatitis B virus and provided with free vaccination...
- Collaborative learning experiences for nursing students in environmental healthDolores J Wright
School of Nursing, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 24:189-91. 2003..This article describes learning experiences about local environmental health issues, several of which were designed to initiate and foster collaboration between baccalaureate nursing students and graduate students in public health...
- Medical and non-medical personnel in public healthF Houghton
Ir J Med Sci 172:154. 2003
- [Methods and results of the assessment of efficacy of postgraduate students in public health]Andrzej Boczkowski
Instytutu Medycyny Pracy im prof J Nofera w Łodzi
Wiad Lek 55:34-42. 2002..Results correspond with some current intuitions, set in order many particular observations and are useful in the process of training programme construction and modification...
- [Ways of spending free time by students of the Medical University of Gdansk in relation to their health behavior]Ewa Wojdak-Haasa
Zakładu Zdrowia Publicznego i Medycyny Społecznej, Akademii Medycznej w Gdansku
Wiad Lek 55:565-70. 2002..Students of both inquired groups fill their free time with number of activities, among which we can find those involving rest, health or entertainment...
- Practice-based teaching and learning: an example of academic-community collaborationKari A Hartwig
Yale University s Global Health Division, School of Public Health, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Public Health Rep 119:102-9. 2004
- Assessing efficacy of high-frequency chest wall oscillation in patients with familial dysautonomiaPhilip Giarraffa
Dysautonomia Center, New York University Medical Center, New York University School Medicine, NY, USA
Chest 128:3377-81. 2005..0002). CONCLUSION: In this limited study of FD patients, HFCWO effected significant improvements in all measured health outcomes and oxygen saturation; FVC and PEFR were the pulmonary function measures demonstrating sustained improvement...
- [Mental health literacy of new students entering schools teaching welfare services]Masafumi Nakane
Seishin Shinkeigaku Zasshi 108:821-4. 2006
- Making sense of data: How public health graduate students build theory through qualitative research techniquesMary C Wright
University of Michigan, USA
Qual Health Res 17:94-101. 2007..She then compares these processes with "expert" guidelines to draw implications for how to enhance teaching in a qualitative research class...
- Advising the newest faces of public health: a perspective on the undergraduate studentLauren D Arnold
Department of Surgery, Washington University in St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1374-80. 2010..As such, undergraduate public health students have unique characteristics and needs that should be considered as part of the advisors' responsibility to ..