Summary: Individuals enrolled in a school of nursing or a formal educational program leading to a degree in nursing.
Publications388 found, 100 shown here
- Effectiveness of a knowledge-contact program in improving nursing students' attitudes and emotional competence in serving people living with HIV/AIDSJessie W Yiu
Department of Psychology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
Soc Sci Med 71:38-44. 2010..program of AIDS knowledge and contact with people having HIV/AIDS (PHA) (knowledge-contact) in reducing nursing students' stigma and discrimination towards PHA and in enhancing their emotional competence to serve PHA...
- Exercise, physical fitness, and dietary habits of first-year female nursing studentsAmaia Irazusta
School of Nursing, Instituto Médico Basurto, University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Bizkaia, Spain
Biol Res Nurs 7:175-86. 2006..exercise, the anthropometrical and physiological characteristics, and the dietary habits of a group of female nursing students (n=46) and of a control group of female students from other disciplines (n=58) attending the University of ..
- Biopsychosocial factors are associated with low back pain in female nursing students: a cross-sectional studyTim Mitchell
School of Physiotherapy, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Int J Nurs Stud 46:678-88. 2009..Given low back pain is already prevalent before commencing employment, nursing students should be the target of preventative interventions...
- Stigmatization of AIDS patients: disentangling Thai nursing students' attitudes towards HIV/AIDS, drug use, and commercial sexKit Yee Chan
School of Health and Social Development, Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, Melbourne, 3125, Vic, Australia
AIDS Behav 12:146-57. 2008..Methodological strengths and limitations were evaluated and implications for future research discussed...
- Reliability and validity of the Jefferson Scale of Empathy in undergraduate nursing studentsJulia Ward
Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson College of Health Professions, Jefferson School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Nurs Meas 17:73-88. 2009..This study examined the psychometrics of a modified version of the scale in undergraduate nursing students. The modified version of the JSPE was administered to 333 nursing students at different levels of training...
- The Jefferson Scale of Attitudes toward Physician-Nurse Collaboration: a study with undergraduate nursing studentsJulia Ward
Jefferson School of Nursing, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Interprof Care 22:375-86. 2008..Scale of Attitudes toward Physician-Nurse Collaboration (JSAPNC) was administered to 333 undergraduate nursing students. The underlying factors, item-total score correlations and reliability of the JSAPNC were examined...
- Caring for older people with dementia in residential care: nursing students' experiencesAndrew Robinson
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Tasmania, Australia
J Adv Nurs 59:255-63. 2007This paper is a report of selected findings from two projects aimed at improving nursing students' experiences of caring for older people in elder care settings.
- A systematic review of selected evidence on developing nursing students' critical thinking through problem-based learningHaobin Yuan
School of Nursing, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Nurse Educ Today 28:657-63. 2008..The systematic review was conducted to provide the available evidence on developing nursing students' critical thinking through PBL...
- Competence in nursing informatics among nursing students and staff at a nursing institute in SwedenHans Ragneskog
Institute of Health and Care Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Health Info Libr J 23:126-32. 2006..Consequently, it is important that nurses are able to demonstrate competence and feel confident in the use of IT. Yet, research has reported that nursing students have varying degrees of competence and experience with IT.
- Health-promoting lifestyle and body mass index among College of Nursing students in Kuwait: a correlational studyFatimah Al-Kandari
College of Nursing, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, Al Shuwaikh, Kuwait
Nurs Health Sci 10:43-50. 2008This cross-sectional, descriptive survey of 202 nursing students in Kuwait assessed their body mass index and health-promoting lifestyle to determine any association between them...
- Managing the deteriorating patient in a simulated environment: nursing students' knowledge, skill and situation awarenessSimon Cooper
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Monash University, Gippsland Campus, Churchill, Vic, Australia
J Clin Nurs 19:2309-18. 2010To examine, in a simulated environment, the ability of final-year nursing students to assess, identify and respond to patients either deteriorating or at risk of deterioration.
- "I was actually a nurse": the meaning of professionalism for baccalaureate nursing studentsJanet A Secrest
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, School of Nursing, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403, USA
J Nurs Educ 42:77-82. 2003..Figural experiences in one's life emerge against a backdrop, or ground. Sixty-nine baccalaureate nursing students at different educational levels participated...
- Preparation of nurses who precept baccalaureate nursing students: a descriptive studyElizabeth Rogan
Josie Harper Campus, Nebraska Methodist College, 720 North 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 40:565-70. 2009..descriptive study explored the perceptions about preceptor preparation among nurses who precept baccalaureate nursing students. Mercer's Role Attainment Theory was the theoretical framework for this study, in which 75 participants from ..
- Building capacity for the clinical placement of nursing studentsTony Barnett
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Monash University, Northways Road, Churchill, 3842 Victoria, Australia
Collegian 15:55-61. 2008....
- Nursing students' beliefs about smoking, their own smoking behaviors, and use of professional tobacco treatment interventionKimberly Jenkins
Ohio State University College of Nursing, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Appl Nurs Res 16:164-72. 2003..The purpose of this survey study was to describe nursing students' beliefs about cigarette smoking, their smoking behaviors, and use of evidence-based tobacco treatment ..
- Nursing students' perceptions of learning in the clinical setting of the Dedicated Education UnitKristen Ranse
School of Health Sciences, University of Canberra, Canberra, Australia
J Adv Nurs 58:171-9. 2007This paper reports a study to explore nursing students' experience of learning in the clinical setting of a Dedicated Education Unit using a communities of practice framework.
- Preceptorship and the preparatory process for undergraduate nursing students and their preceptorsOlive Yonge
Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2G3
J Nurses Staff Dev 20:294-7. 2004The purpose of this article was to research nursing students' and their assigned preceptors' views of preparation in relationship to a 340-hour preceptorship course...
- Factors relating to acceptance of hepatitis B virus vaccination by nursing students in a tertiary hospital, PakistanHafeez ur Rehman Mengal
Bolan Medical College, Brewery Road, Balochistan, Quetta, Pakistan
J Health Popul Nutr 26:46-53. 2008..the prevalence of, and factors relating to, the acceptance of hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination by nursing students in a tertiary hospital in Pakistan...
- The effectiveness of a stress coping program based on mindfulness meditation on the stress, anxiety, and depression experienced by nursing students in KoreaYune Sik Kang
Department of Preventive Medicine, Institute of Health Science, School of Medicine, Gyeong Sang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Chinju 660 751, Republic of Korea
Nurse Educ Today 29:538-43. 2009..a stress coping program based on mindfulness meditation on the stress, anxiety, and depression experienced by nursing students in Korea. A nonequivalent, control group, pre-posttest design was used...
- German nursing students' knowledge of and attitudes to HIV and AIDS: two decades after the first AIDS casesC Lohrmann
Humboldt Universitat, Institut für Medizin Pflegepädagogik und Pflegewissenschaft, Berlin, Germany
J Adv Nurs 31:696-703. 2000German nursing students' knowledge of and attitudes to HIV and AIDS: two decades after the first AIDS case This study describes German nursing students' (n=180) knowledge and attitudes relating to HIV/AIDS, their homophobia level, ..
- Developing cultural sensitivity: nursing students' experiences of a study abroad programmeHeidi C Ruddock
Viborg School of Nursing, CVU Vita, Nursing Faculty, Toldbodgade, Viborg, Denmark
J Adv Nurs 59:361-9. 2007..international learning experience as part of a nursing education programme promoted cultural sensitivity in nursing students. background: Many countries are becoming culturally diverse, but healthcare systems and nursing education ..
- A study of stress and burnout in nursing students in Hong Kong: a questionnaire surveyRoger Watson
School of Nursing and Midwifery, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 45:1534-42. 2008Stress in nursing students may be related to attrition from nursing programmes and lead to a shortage of nurses entering clinical careers...
- Computer and internet use by first year clinical and nursing students in a Nigerian teaching hospitalGrace Ada Ajuwon
E, Latunde Odeku Medical Library, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 3:10. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the uptake of computer and internet by health science students studying in the country...
- Attitudes of nursing students towards caring for people with HIV/AIDS: thematic literature reviewDavid Pickles
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
J Adv Nurs 65:2262-73. 2009Attitudes of nursing students towards caring for people with HIV/AIDS: thematic literature review.
- Inviting teaching behaviors of clinical faculty and nursing students' anxietyLinda J Cook
Department of Nursing, Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania 17815, USA
J Nurs Educ 44:156-61. 2005This study explored baccalaureate nursing students' perceptions of inviting teaching behaviors of clinical nursing faculty and students' state anxiety while interacting with faculty during clinical experiences...
- Critical thinking, self-esteem, and state anxiety of nursing studentsWafika A Suliman
College of Nursing and Allied Medical Sciences, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, MC 6565, P O Box 9515, Jeddah 21423, Saudi Arabia
Nurse Educ Today 27:162-8. 2007This study aimed at exploring the existing predominant critical thinking disposition(s) of baccalaureate nursing students and the relationship among their critical thinking (CT), self-esteem (SE), and state anxiety (SA)...
- The experiences of international nursing students in a baccalaureate nursing programSusan Sanner
Clayton College and State University, Morrow, GA, USA
J Prof Nurs 18:206-13. 2002..The purpose of this qualitative study was to explore the perceptions and experiences of international nursing students in a baccalaureate nursing program...
- Nursing students' knowledge and attitudes regarding painLouise Plaisance
Southeastern Louisiana University School of Nursing, Hammond, Louisiana, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 7:167-75. 2006..This descriptive study explored nursing students' knowledge and attitudes about pain management...
- Online vs. face-to-face discussion in a Web-based research methods course for postgraduate nursing students: a quasi-experimental studyMalcolm Campbell
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Int J Nurs Stud 45:750-9. 2008..Web-based technologies are increasingly being used to create modes of online learning for nurses but their effect has not been assessed in nurse education...
- The impact of a palliative care educational component on attitudes toward care of the dying in undergraduate nursing studentsJudy L Mallory
Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC 28723, USA
J Prof Nurs 19:305-12. 2003..Research also has identified that nursing students have anxieties about death, dying, and caring for dying patients...
- Measuring cultural awareness of nursing students: a first step toward cultural competencyBarbara Krainovich-Miller
New York University College of Nursing, USA
J Transcult Nurs 19:250-8. 2008This pilot study was designed to measure nursing students' level of cultural awareness...
- Occupational exposure to blood and body fluids among Turkish nursing students during clinical practice training: frequency of needlestick/sharp injuries and hepatitis B immunisationMelek Serpil Talas
Nursing Department, Ankara University Faculty of Health Sciences, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Nurs 18:1394-403. 2009To describe the rate of needlestick/sharp injuries in nursing students, to estimate the rate of vaccination administration and to define nursing students' status using universal precautions for protecting from blood-borne infections.
- Addressing health literacy: the experiences of undergraduate nursing studentsMartha Scheckel
Nursing Department, Winona State University, Winona, MN 55987, USA
J Clin Nurs 19:794-802. 2010To describe undergraduate nursing students' experiences of learning and providing patient education.
- Baccalaureate nursing students' communication process in the clinical settingCatherine Nuss Kotecki
School of Nursing, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Stratford, USA
J Nurs Educ 41:61-8. 2002The purpose of this study was to describe and generate theory about how baccalaureate nursing students communicate with patients in the clinical setting using the qualitative method of grounded theory...
- The impact of assessment methods on the learning of nursing studentsSau Fong Leung
School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Nurse Educ Today 28:711-9. 2008Assessment methods can influence the learning approaches of nursing students. Assessments designed to assess understanding rather than rote learning can contribute to a deep learning approach...
- The relationship between learning styles, emotional social intelligence, and academic success of undergraduate nursing studentsWafika A Suliman
Department of Nursing, College of Nursing Jeddah, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, Saudi Arabia
J Nurs Res 18:136-43. 2010..Both offer conventional and accelerated undergraduate nursing education programs...
- [Migration expectations among nursing students in Mexico City]Yetzi Rosales-Martínez
Centro de Investigaciones en Sistemas de Salud, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Salud Publica Mex 52:244-53. 2010To analyze the factors associated with the expectations to migrate abroad among nursing students in Mexico City.
- Peer learning partnership: an innovative strategy to enhance skill acquisition in nursing studentsMary Goldsmith
School of Nursing Family and Community Health, University of Western Sydney, Hawkesbury Campus, Penrith, South DC, NSW, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 26:123-30. 2006The development of clinical skills for nursing students is a critical component of any undergraduate nursing program...
- Nurse educators' and nursing students' perspectives on teaching codes of ethicsOlivia Numminen
University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Nurs Ethics 16:69-82. 2009..A total of 183 Finnish nurse educators and 212 nursing students answered three structured questions, with an opportunity to justify their responses, and one open-ended ..
- Undergraduate nursing students' attitudes towards organ donation: a survey in an Italian universityA Zampieron
School of Nursing, Department of Surgery and Transplantation, Padua University Hospital, Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Int Nurs Rev 57:370-6. 2010To examine undergraduate nursing students' attitudes towards organ donation and to determine whether or not attitudes were related to the students' education and training.
- A preliminary study of a healthy-lifestyle-promoting program for nursing students in TaiwanLily Yeh
Department of Nursing, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City, Taiwan
J Nurs Educ 44:563-5. 2005..an undergraduate community health nursing course, on the physical fitness and health choices of 42 Taiwanese nursing students. A convenience sample provided quantitative indexes of physical fitness and lifestyle before and after the ..
- Attitudes and knowledge of the Greek nursing students towards older peopleEkaterini Lambrinou
Nursing Department, Faculty of Health Sciences, Cyprus University of Technology, 215 Lemessos Avenue, Latsia, Nikossia, Cyprus
Nurse Educ Today 29:617-22. 2009..Nurses therefore, have a pivotal role in the care of older people...
- Patient safety: numerical skills and drug calculation abilities of nursing students and registered nursesMiriam McMullan
Faculty of Health, University of Plymouth, UK
J Adv Nurs 66:891-9. 2010This paper is a report of a correlational study of the relations of age, status, experience and drug calculation ability to numerical ability of nursing students and Registered Nurses.
- The importance of clinical experience for mental health nursing - part 1: undergraduate nursing students' attitudes, preparedness and satisfactionBrenda Happell
Contemporary Nursing, Department of Nursing and Health Studies, CQUniversity Australia, Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 17:326-32. 2008..undergraduate nursing education has been found at least partially responsible for the negative attitudes nursing students tend to hold towards mental health nursing, clinical experience has been identified as a potential strategy ..
- Staff-student relationships and their impact on nursing students' belongingness and learningTracy Levett-Jones
School of Nursing and Midwifery, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
J Adv Nurs 65:316-24. 2009This paper is a report of selected findings from a study exploring the relationship between belongingness and placement experiences of preregistration nursing students.
- We built it and they did not come: knowledge and attitudes of baccalaureate nursing students toward the elderlyMarybeth Ryan
School of Nursing, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York, USA
J N Y State Nurses Assoc 35:5-9. 2004A pilot program in gerontological nursing was developed for senior baccalaureate nursing students but could not be implemented due to lack of student interest...
- The educational preparation of undergraduate nursing students in pharmacology: a survey of lecturers' perceptions and experiencesShane Bullock
School of Arts and Sciences, Australian Catholic University, Fitzroy MDC, Victoria, Australia
J Adv Nurs 40:7-16. 2002..Nurses have key responsibilities in the administration and management of medication therapy and client education. It is of some concern therefore that the literature indicates that nurses are inadequately prepared in this area...
- Nursing students' practice in providing oral hygiene for patientsAnn McAuliffe
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University College Cork, Ireland
Nurs Stand 21:35-9. 2007To explore and identify precedent factors that may influence nursing students' oral hygiene practice in hospitalised patients, by using an adaptation of the Precede Model.
- Using an adapted reflecting team approach to learn about mental health and illness with general nursing students: an Australian examplePaul A Morrison
Healthpact Research Centre for Health Promotion and Wellbeing, University of Canberra, ACT, Canberra, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 18:18-25. 2009..team informed by outsider-witness practices was used in a classroom with a small group of Australian general nursing students to explore their understandings of mental illness and people with mental illness...
- Use of intuition by nursing students: instrument development and testingAnita J Smith
Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, California 92106 2810, USA
J Adv Nurs 47:614-22. 2004..Use of intuition has become one way of explaining professional expertise. Measures of the use of intuition have been developed primarily for experienced nurses, but few measures of intuition use among nursing students exist.
- The impact of clinical placement location on nursing students' competence and preparedness for practiceHelen Edwards
School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, QLD 4059, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 24:248-55. 2004..the location of clinical placements and competence and preparedness for practice from the perspective of the nursing students. A quasi-experimental design using a pre-test post-test survey was used...
- Hand dermatitis among female nursing students in tropical AustraliaDerek R Smith
Department of Health Effects Research, National Institute of Industrial Health, Kawasaki, Japan
Nurs Health Sci 6:109-13. 2004Although hand dermatitis is known to affect nursing students worldwide, the prevalence among their Australian counterparts has not been elucidated and the relative contribution of tropical environments is unclear...
- Undergraduate nursing students' acquisition and retention of CPR knowledge and skillsCatherine Madden
Department of Nursing, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford, Republic of Ireland
Nurse Educ Today 26:218-27. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the extent to which Irish nursing students acquire and retain CPR cognitive knowledge and psychomotor skills following CPR training...
- Aspects of nurse education programmes that frequently cause stress to nursing students -- fact-finding sample surveyFiona Timmins
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin, Trinity Centre for Health Sciences, St James s Street, Dublin 8, Ireland
Nurse Educ Today 22:203-11. 2002This study examined reported stress in 12 areas commonly reported to cause stress to nursing students. A questionnaire was distributed to 110 third-year nursing students, and the results indicate that stress exists for students in both ..
- An exploration of modifiable health associated risk factors within a cohort of undergraduate nursing studentsChristine Purcell
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Griffith University Logan Campus, Meadowbrook, Queensland, Australia
Contemp Nurse 23:100-10. 2006..explore the incidence of a number of behaviour-associated health risk factors within a group of undergraduate nursing students. Ninety-four students participated in the study...
- Student nurses in Taiwan at high risk for needlestick injuriesJudith Shu Chu Shiao
Faculty of Nursing, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Ann Epidemiol 12:197-201. 2002..To describe the prevalence and characteristics of needlestick injuries (NSI) in student nurses in Taiwan...
- Nursing home employment for nursing students: valuable experience or a harsh deterrent?Brenda Happell
Centre for Psychiatric Nursing Research and Practice, School of Postgraduate Nursing, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Australia
J Adv Nurs 39:529-36. 2002The primary aim of the study was to examine the attitudes of undergraduate nursing students at the both the beginning and end of their nursing course.
- Italian nursing students' perception of their clinical learning environment as measured with the CLEI toolPerli Serena
School of Nursing, Trento Health Service, Via Briamasco 2, 38100 Trento, Italy
Nurse Educ Today 29:886-90. 2009The quality of clinical learning environment is an important factor for nursing students' clinical experience and it is determined above all by a good atmosphere in the ward...
- Can you keep them? Strategies to attract and retain nursing students from diverse populations: best practices in nursing educationKathleen L Gilchrist
California State University, Bakersfield, CA, USA
J Transcult Nurs 18:277-85. 2007..However, few of the programs have reviewed the best practices to attract and retain nursing students. This article delineates a number of programs and then makes suggestions for the best practices for nursing ..
- Percutaneous and mucocutaneous exposures in nursing students: an Italian observational studyCristina Petrucci
University of L Aquila, Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, Via Vetoio, 1 67010 Coppito, L Aquila, Italy
J Nurs Scholarsh 41:337-43. 2009..To investigate occupational exposures to biological material potentially infected by blood-borne viruses in nursing student population during the course years...
- Partnering with community agencies to provide nursing students with cultural awareness experiences and refugee health promotion accessCatherine H Sullivan
University of Alaska Anchorage, School of Nursing, 3211 Providence Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
J Nurs Educ 48:519-22. 2009..Senior community health nursing students partnered with an immigrant-refugee program and a community literacy program to provide health promotion and ..
- Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure: psychometric testing with Chinese nursing studentsJian Wang
School of Nursing, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
J Adv Nurs 65:2701-9. 2009This paper is a report of the psychometric testing of the Dundee Ready Education Environment Measure with Chinese nursing students.
- Surgical patient education: Turkish nursing students experiencesSenay Kaymakçi
Surgical Nursing Department, University of Ege School of Nursing, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Nurse Educ Today 27:19-25. 2007..In this study, students, patients and lecturers evaluated patient education carried out by the nursing students. Criteria including relationships between people (listening, talking and communication ability), and behavior ..
- Anorexic behaviour and attitudes among female medical and nursing students at a private university hospitalN Babar
Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 52:272-6. 2002To study the anorexic behaviour and attitude among female medical and nursing students in a tertiary care hospital.
- Ethical beliefs related to HIV and AIDS among nursing students in South Africa and the United States: a cross-sectional analysisMichael V Relf
Duke University, School of Nursing, 307 Trent Drive, DUMC 3322, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 46:1448-56. 2009..However, nursing students may inappropriately handle ethical challenges in practice related to HIV and AIDS.
- Clinical placements in residential aged care facilities: the impact on nursing students' perception of aged care and the effect on career plansJennifer Abbey
Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 23:14-9. 2006Undergraduate nursing students have often found clinical placements in aged care unsatisfactory and/or unsettling, dissuading them from considering aged care as an employment option on graduation...
- A survey of female nursing students' knowledge, health beliefs, perceptions of risk, and risk behaviors regarding human papillomavirus and cervical cancerT Denny-Smith
Kennesaw State University, Woodstock, GA 30189, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 18:62-9. 2006The purpose of the study was to assess knowledge of, perceived susceptibility to, perceived seriousness of, and risk behaviors regarding human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer among female nursing students.
- A multidiscipline exploration of college students' perceptions of academic dishonesty: are nursing students different from other college students?Afua Ottie Arhin
Grambling State University, School of Nursing, 1 Cole Street, Grambling, LA 71245, United States
Nurse Educ Today 29:710-4. 2009..Yet it has been documented that nursing students engage in academically dishonest behaviors that they do not perceive as such...
- HIV/AIDS and universal precautions: knowledge and attitudes of Nepalese nursing studentsGanga Mahat
State University of New Jersey, College of Nursing, Newark, New Jersey, USA
J Adv Nurs 65:1907-15. 2009This paper is a report of a study exploring Nepalese nursing students' knowledge and attitudes about HIV/AIDS and universal precautions.
- Promoting clinical reasoning in undergraduate nursing students: application and evaluation of the Outcome Present State Test (OPT) model of clinical reasoningDonald D Kautz
University of North Carolina at Greensboro, USA
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 2:Article 1. 2005Promoting clinical reasoning in undergraduate nursing students through application of the Outcome Present State Test (OPT) Model of Clinical Reasoning, is a challenge that can be successfully managed through effective teaching-learning ..
- Being a personal preceptor for nursing students: Registered Nurses' experiences before and after introduction of a preceptor modelKarin Hallin
Department of Health Sciences, Mid Sweden University, Ostersund, Sweden
J Adv Nurs 65:161-74. 2009..paper is a report of a study to compare Registered Nurses' experiences of acting as personal preceptors for nursing students in the year 2000 with the year 2006 and explores relationships between preceptors' experiences and personal/..
- Teaching methods and an outcome tool for measuring cultural sensitivity in undergraduate nursing studentsKathleen H Hughes
Saint Luke s College, Kansas City, USA
J Transcult Nurs 18:57-62. 2007..This article describes one school's multicultural curriculum for baccalaureate nursing students and a tool to measure changes in behaviors and attitudes...
- Developing cultural competence in nursing students through their experiences with a refugee populationMichele J Upvall
Carlow University, School of Nursing, 3333 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Nurs Educ 46:380-3. 2007b>Nursing students in an urban university in southwestern Pennsylvania began visiting newly relocated Somali refugees as part of their community health nursing (CHN) clinical course-work...
- Nursing students' experience of ethical problems and use of ethical decision-making modelsM E Cameron
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Nurs Ethics 8:432-47. 2001..conceptual framework and method combining ethical enquiry and phenomenology, we asked 73 senior baccalaureate nursing students to answer two questions: (1) What is nursing students' experience of an ethical problem involving nursing ..
- Factors shaping Aboriginal nursing students' experiencesDonna E Martin
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia, T201 2211 Wesbrook Mall Vancouver, Canada V6T 2B5
Nurse Educ Today 26:688-96. 2006..education, a critical ethnography was conducted to examine the experiences of undergraduate Aboriginal nursing students in two Canadian schools of nursing...
- The effect of problem-based learning on nursing students' perceptions of empowermentHeidi M Siu
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Canada
J Nurs Educ 44:459-69. 2005..Differences in perceptions of empowerment among nursing students enrolled in either a problem-based learning (PBL) or a conventional lecture learning (CLL) program were ..
- An investigation of job satisfaction, organizational commitment and role conflict and ambiguity in a sample of Chinese undergraduate nursing studentsL Wu
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King s College of London, James Clerk Maxwell Building, 57, Waterloo Road, London SE1 8WA, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 26:304-14. 2006..between these variables was tested in a cross-sectional questionnaire survey of all the final year nursing students in a medical university in China...
- Knowledge of correct blood pressure measurement procedures among medical and nursing studentsJulio José González-López
Departamento de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Publica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 62:568-71. 2009..Among nursing students, 33% knew the appropriate cuff size, 22% that an outpatient's BP should be measured more than once during ..
- The role of a mental health consumer in the education of postgraduate psychiatric nursing students: the students' evaluationB Happell
Centre for Psychiatric Nursing Research and Practice, School of Postgraduate Nursing, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 10:343-50. 2003..of this role involved the mental health consumer teaching a consumer perspective to postgraduate psychiatric nursing students. The primary aim was to increase the students' awareness of and sensitivity to greater consumer participation ..
- Measuring cultural awareness in nursing studentsLynn Rew
School of Nursing, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78701 1499, USA
J Nurs Educ 42:249-57. 2003..The scale then was administered to 118 nursing students. Data from the two samples then were combined, and factor analysis was conducted to support construct ..
- Peer learning partnerships: exploring the experience of pre-registration nursing studentsAngela Christiansen
Faculty of Health, Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK
J Clin Nurs 19:803-10. 2010..This paper explores the impact of a peer learning initiative developed to facilitate, purposefully, mutually supportive learning relationships between student nurses in the practice setting...
- Teaching and learning care--exploring nursing students' clinical practiceBetty Ann Solvoll
Department of Health Science, Vestfold University College, Raveien 197, P O Box 2243, 3103 Tønsberg, Horten, Norway
Nurse Educ Today 30:73-7. 2010..This paper presents findings from research on the following issue: What opportunities and limitations do nursing students encounter when learning nursing care? The study has a qualitative design with field methodology and the study ..
- Effects of a Web-based teaching method on undergraduate nursing students' learning of electrocardiographyKeum S Jang
Department of Nursing and Research Institute of Nursing Science, Chonnam National University, Gwang Ju, South Korea
J Nurs Educ 44:35-9. 2005..examined the effects of a Web-based teaching method (versus a traditional lecture method) on undergraduate nursing students' learning of electrocardiography (ECG)...
- Cultural competency of graduating US Bachelor of Science nursing studentsSuzan Kardong-Edgren
Intercollegiate College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane WA, USA
Contemp Nurse 28:37-44. 2008..Results indicate that these 212 graduating nursing students scored only in the culturally aware range, as measured by the IAPCC-R, regardless of what program model they ..
- Nursing students' perceptions of the academic impact of various health issuesWilliam D Kernan
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Nurse Educ 33:215-9. 2008....
- Pre-registration nursing students' experience of caring for cancer patientsSheila M Cunningham
School of Health and Social Science, The Archway Campus, Middlesex University, Highgate Hill, London N19 3UA, UK
Eur J Oncol Nurs 10:59-67. 2006..Currently, there is limited information on the preparation of pre-registered nursing students and little is known about the experiences of these students, especially during their initial exposure to ..
- Bachelor of Nursing students career choices: a three-year longitudinal studyTerence V McCann
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Victoria University, P O Box 14428, Melbourne, Victoria 8001, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 30:31-6. 2010This paper presents the findings of a survey which explored the career preferences of Australian Bachelor of Nursing students for certain clinical specialities...
- Change in the health promoting lifestyle behaviour of Turkish University nursing students from beginning to end of nurse trainingSule Ecevit Alpar
Marmara University, School of Nursing, Fundamentals of Nursing Department, Hemşirelik Esaslari Anabilim Dali, Tibbiye cad No 49, 81326 Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Nurse Educ Pract 8:382-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether any difference was observed in the behaviour of nursing students. This longitudinal and descriptive study was conducted with 57 students during 2002-2006 academic years ..
- Caregiving to patients who are culturally diverse by Swedish last-year nursing studentsPranee C Lundberg
Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Transcult Nurs 16:255-62. 2005..care diversity and universality as a framework, the aim of this study was to describe Swedish last-year nursing students' experiences of caregiving to patients who are culturally diverse...
- Using undergraduate nursing students as mediators in a knowledge transfer programme for care for patients with advanced cancerC Tishelman
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Nursing, Stockholm, and R and D Unit, Stockholms Sjukhem Foundation, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 17:253-60. 2008..Undergraduate baccalaureate nursing students were then engaged in literature studies to help address these needs...
- Development of a virtual learning environment to enhance undergraduate nursing students' effectiveness and interest in working with older peopleHelen Edwards
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health, N Block, Queensland University of Technology, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Queensland 4059, The Prince Charles Hospital, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 28:672-9. 2008..of this study was to develop a web-based resource for use in nursing schools to help educate undergraduate nursing students about working effectively with older people...
- A comparison of health practices of Canadian and Jordanian nursing studentsLinda Haddad
Faculty of Nursing, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Public Health Nurs 21:85-90. 2004..this study was to compare health-promoting practices of Canadian (n = 49) and Jordanian (n = 44) first-year nursing students using the revised Health-Promoting Lifestyle Profile II...
- Factors associated with career decision in Taiwanese nursing students: a questionnaire surveyHui Ling Lai
Nursing Department, Tzu Chi College of Technology, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Nurs Stud 43:581-8. 2006The vocational decisions of nursing students have always been a concern for nursing educators and administrators. It is unclear, however, what factors play a role in determining the professional choices made by these students...
- Stress, sources of stress and ways of coping among psychiatric nursing studentsA Tully
Centre for Nursing Studies, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland, UK
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 11:43-7. 2004..measured levels of distress, sources of stress and ways of coping of a convenience sample of psychiatric nursing students (n = 35)...
- Recruitment, retention and matriculation of ethnic minority nursing students: a University of Mississippi School of Nursing approachAudwin Fletcher
J Cult Divers 10:128-33. 2003..Thus, the purpose of this paper is to document strategies that are used to actively recruit, retain, and graduate ethnic minority students from the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) School of Nursing (SON)...
- Learning partnership--the experience of peer tutoring among nursing students: a qualitative studyAlice J T Yuen Loke
School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong
Int J Nurs Stud 44:237-44. 2007..Peer tutors are also said to better understand the learning problems of fellow peer learners than teachers do...
- Nursing students' experiences of their first encounter with death during clinical practice in TaiwanXuan Yi Huang
School of Nursing and Nursing Department, China Medical University and Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Nurs 19:2280-90. 2010The aim of this study was to elucidate the experiences of first encountering death by nursing students during clinical practice...
- Storytelling: a clinical application for undergraduate nursing studentsMisty Schwartz
Creighton University School of Nursing, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, United States
Nurse Educ Pract 7:181-6. 2007..The aim of the storytelling projects was to get students to gather information from multiple sources and to put it into a cohesive story in order to provide comprehensive, holistic, and individualized care...
- Nursing students' self-efficacy in providing transcultural careJanet Lim
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth 6845, Australia
Nurse Educ Today 24:428-34. 2004..that encompasses clients with different cultural norms and values, this study examined undergraduate nursing students' self-efficacy in providing transcultural nursing care...
- Autogenic training to reduce anxiety in nursing students: randomized controlled trialNasim Kanji
Faculty of Health Studies, Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College, Buckinghamshire, UK
J Adv Nurs 53:729-35. 2006This paper reports a study to determine the effectiveness of autogenic training in reducing anxiety in nursing students.
- Perceptions of graduating nursing students regarding life experiences that promote culturally competent careJoan S Reeves
Saint Anselm College
J Transcult Nurs 17:171-8. 2006..These patterns affected the students' interest and desire to provide culturally competent care. Implications for further research and nursing education are discussed...
- Student Provider Perceptions of Latino Patients in Cancer Care SettingsWindsor Westbrook Sherrill; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data collected will be used to identify and describe discriminatory behavior toward Latinos among medical and nursing students in the context of cancer care...
- Michigan State University - Life Science Complex: Nursing Research AdditionMARY HOLLAHAN MUNDT; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- American Indian MS to PHD Nursing Science Bridge-Phase 2SUSAN HENLY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project evaluation plan is a refinement of the Phase 1 plan designed to efficiently obtain maximum information about the structure, process, and outcomes of the project. ..
- Research Models for ChangeIVORY COLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..from completing baccalaureate nursing education; [unreadable] * Improve the academic readiness of minority nursing students for transition to the RN-BSN degree program; and [unreadable] * Increase minority nursing student exposure to ..
- AHEC SPECIAL INITIATIVESMICHAEL HUPPERT; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- A Patient-Controlled Cognitive-Behavioral Intervention for Cancer SymptomsKristine L Kwekkeboom; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Bridges to Doctoral Study in NursingMary Lou Bond; Fiscal Year: 2006..The UTA/UIW Bridges to Doctorate Consortium will enhance the scholarly endeavors of faculty and students on both campuses and will prepare MSN students for entry into a doctoral program. ..
- Developing Health Behaviors in Middle AdolescenceDONNA LYNN REW; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Responses to Energy & Mock Healing in Fatigued SurvivorsShamini Jain; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Self Monitoring of Dietary and Fluid Intake Using a PDAJanet Welch; Fiscal Year: 2007..Data from this study will be used in developing a large randomized controlled trial to evaluate the intervention's effectiveness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Helping Older African American Cancer Survivors CopeJill Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CBPR with Community Workers and Health Providers in the Dominican RepublicJennifer Foster; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Exploring Research Communication and Engagement in a Rural Community: The Libby PCharlene Winters; Fiscal Year: 2009..Lessons learned from this cohort of rural residents will help improve communication and interaction between researchers and the public regarding this nationally distributed toxic substance. ..
- Effect of Perinatal Nicotine Exposure on the Development of Autonomic ResponsesJANE ELIZABETH BLOOD SIEGFRIED; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 4: Examine specific actions of autonomic response by blocking sympathetic or parasympathetic pathways with pharmacologic agents. ..
- Women Physical Disability and Depression: Communities Responding Now!DENA MOHAMMAD HASSOUNEH; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- DyNADS: A Dynamic Network Analysis Decision Support Tool for Nurse ManagersJoyce A Verran; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. Evaluate DyNADS'validity, scalability, and usefulness through a field test. 4. Evaluate the feasibility of implementing DyNADS or nursing units. ..
- A Longitudinal Study of Health Risk Behavior in YouthDONNA REW; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER COURSES FOR NURSES WORKING WITH MINORITY GROUPSSandra Millon Underwood; Fiscal Year: 2004..to be tested will focus on the degree to which the program facilitates the integration of didactic content, thoughtful discussions, clinical/laboratory experiences, related literature, evidence-based information obtained from the ..
- SEXUAL HEALTH PRACTICES OF HOMELESS ADOLESCENTSDONNA REW; Fiscal Year: 2005..The expected outcome is an effective, brief intervention for promoting sexual health that can be delivered to homeless adolescents in an unsheltered environment. ..
- Risk for HIV Among Middle-age African-American WomenCaroline Mallory; Fiscal Year: 2005..Numerical data will be analyzed using descriptive statistical techniques. Findings of the study will be used to further develop an instrument for pilot testing and large scale survey in preparation for intervention research. ..
- Women Thriving Abuse SurvivorsJoanne Hall; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results will inform practice and policy changes, and to add to the growing body of theory about thriving after childhood abuse. ..
- Pain Assessment in Nursing Home ResidentsAnn Horgas; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Partner-Delivered Reflexology: Effects on Cancer PainNancy Stephenson; Fiscal Year: 2004..If reflexology is effective, teaching partners this noninvasive therapy could become part of standard care at no cost other than partner instruction. ..
- Physical Restraints and Therapy Disruption in HospitalsAnn Minnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Multitheoretical Approach to Prevent HIV Among WomenCaroline Mallory; Fiscal Year: 2005..Qualitative data will be analyzed using constant comparison. ..
- Black HIV+ Mothers Influence Behaviors on DaughtersJulie Cederbaum; Fiscal Year: 2008..This preliminary research will form the foundation for future work examining the impact of an HIV serostatus on mother-daughter communication and it's impact on HIV risk reduction. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Partnering to Empower Near East Side Family CaregiversMARY MEEKER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long term objective of these efforts is to provide culturally appropriate supportive interventions for African American caregivers throughout our community. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adolescent Obesity: Academic-Community Partnership ConferencesBonnie Raingruber; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quality of Life in Partners of Survivors of Prostate CancerJanet Harden; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings can be used as the basis for the design and implementation of future couple-focused interventions for prostate cancer patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nursing & Environmental Health Conference: Methymercury and Human Health EffectsJeanne Hewitt; Fiscal Year: 2006..The investigators discuss plans for national advertising strategies, for evaluation of the workshop, and for ongoing support for the projects and their dissemination. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HYPERTENSION: PREDICTION OF BIOFEEDBACK SUCCESSCarolyn Yucha; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study will enable those caring for hypertensive persons to recommend treatment (i.e., biofeedback) in an individualized way, thereby promoting adherence. ..
- Adolescent daughters' response and adjustment to maternal breast cancerDANUTA CLEMMENS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..