Genomes and Genes
Summary: Individuals enrolled in a school of medicine or a formal educational program in medicine.
Publications369 found, 100 shown here
- Systematic review of depression, anxiety, and other indicators of psychological distress among U.S. and Canadian medical studentsLiselotte N Dyrbye
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55906, USA
Acad Med 81:354-73. 2006To systematically review articles reporting on depression, anxiety, and burnout among U.S. and Canadian medical students.
- Beyond curriculum reform: confronting medicine's hidden curriculumF W Hafferty
Department of Behavioral Sciences, University of Minnesota Duluth School of Medicine, MN 55812 2487, USA
Acad Med 73:403-7. 1998..These efforts have largely been unsuccessful in producing fundamental changes in the training of medical students. The author challenges the traditional notion that changes to medical education are most appropriately made ..
- Relationship between burnout and professional conduct and attitudes among US medical studentsLiselotte N Dyrbye
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
JAMA 304:1173-80. 2010The relationship between professionalism and distress among medical students is unknown.
- The hidden curriculum in undergraduate medical education: qualitative study of medical students' perceptions of teachingHeidi Lempp
Academic Rheumatology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London SE5 9RJ
BMJ 329:770-3. 2004To study medical students' views about the quality of the teaching they receive during their undergraduate training, especially in terms of the hidden curriculum.
- Health-related quality of life of medical studentsHelena B M S Paro
Department of Health Sciences, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Med Educ 44:227-35. 2010Mental problems such as stress, anxiety and depression have been described among medical students and are associated with poor academic and professional performance...
- Defining and assessing professional competenceRonald M Epstein
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 885 South Ave, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
JAMA 287:226-35. 2002..However, they may underemphasize some important domains of professional medical practice, including interpersonal skills, lifelong learning, professionalism, and integration of core knowledge into clinical practice...
- Emotion skills training for medical students: a systematic reviewJason M Satterfield
Division of General Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Med Educ 41:935-41. 2007..To identify emotion skills training methods and outcomes using a systematic review of medical student curricula studies...
- Burnout and suicidal ideation among U.S. medical studentsLiselotte N Dyrbye
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:334-41. 2008Little is known about the prevalence of suicidal ideation among U.S. medical students or how it relates to burnout.
- Disciplinary action by medical boards and prior behavior in medical schoolMaxine A Papadakis
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2673-82. 2005..We also examined the specific types of behavior that are most predictive of disciplinary action against practicing physicians with unprofessional behavior in medical school...
- Educational effects of international health electives on U.S. and Canadian medical students and residents: a literature reviewMatthew J Thompson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195 4696, USA
Acad Med 78:342-7. 2003..IHEs are a popular component of many medical school and residency program curricula, and are reported to provide benefits in knowledge, skills, and attitudes...
- Depression, stigma, and suicidal ideation in medical studentsThomas L Schwenk
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
JAMA 304:1181-90. 2010There is a concerning prevalence of depression and suicidal ideation among medical students, a group that may experience poor mental health care due to stigmatization.
- How do distress and well-being relate to medical student empathy? A multicenter studyMatthew R Thomas
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:177-83. 2007To determine whether lower levels of empathy among a sample of medical students in the United States are associated with personal and professional distress and to explore whether a high degree of personal well-being is associated with ..
- Changes in U.S. medical students' specialty interests over the course of medical schoolMichael T Compton
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1095-100. 2008Studies have examined factors affecting medical students' specialty choice, but little research exists on stability of these specialty interests.
- Intellectual aptitude tests and A levels for selecting UK school leaver entrants for medical schoolI C McManus
Department of Psychology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT
BMJ 331:555-9. 2005
- Attitudes toward psychiatry: a survey of medical students at the University of Nairobi, KenyaDavid M Ndetei
Department of Psychiatry, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Acad Psychiatry 32:154-9. 2008The authors aim to determine the attitudes of University of Nairobi, Kenya, medical students toward psychiatry.
- The characteristics of depressive symptoms in medical students during medical education and training: a cross-sectional studySergio Baldassin
Psychiatry and Medical Psychology Disciplines, ABC Regional Medical School, Santo Andre, Brazil
BMC Med Educ 8:60. 2008..We aimed to investigate the characteristics of depressive symptoms among 481 medical students (79.8% of the total who matriculated).
- "This is just too awful; I just can't believe I experienced that...": medical students' reactions to their "most memorable" patient deathJennifer Rhodes-Kropf
Division of Geriatrics, Montefiore Medical Center, The University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 111 East 210th Street, Bronx, New York, 10467, USA
Acad Med 80:634-40. 2005To examine medical students' emotional reactions to their "most memorable" patient death and the support they receive.
- Exploring virtual worlds for scenario-based repeated team training of cardiopulmonary resuscitation in medical studentsJohan Creutzfeldt
Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Med Internet Res 12:e38. 2010..Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a field within medicine in high demand for new and effective training modalities...
- Psychosocial health risk factors and resources of medical students and physicians: a cross-sectional studyEdgar Voltmer
Department of Health and Behavioural Sciences, Friedensau Adventist University, An der Ihle 19, 39291 Friedensau, Germany
BMC Med Educ 8:46. 2008..this study was to identify psychosocial health resources and risk factors in profession-related behaviour and experience patterns of medical students and physicians that may serve as a basis for appropriate health promoting interventions.
- Senior medical students' appraisal of CanMEDS competenciesJany J D J M Rademakers
Centre for Research and Development of Education, School of Medical Sciences, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Med Educ 41:990-4. 2007..This model was adjusted to the Dutch situation. The roles were converted to 7 fields of competency: Medical Performance; Communication; Collaboration; Knowledge and Science; Community Performance; Management, and Professionalism...
- Smoking as a precipitating factor for migraine: a survey in medical studentsL López-Mesonero
Faculty of Medicine, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Headache Pain 10:101-3. 2009Our aim was to analyse the relationship between migraine and smoking in medical students. Medical students who had already received teaching on migraine were asked to answer an ad hoc questionnaire...
- Online posting of unprofessional content by medical studentsKatherine C Chretien
Medical Service, Washington DC VA Medical Center and Department of Medicine, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC 20422, USA
JAMA 302:1309-15. 2009..Web 2.0 applications, such as social networking sites, are creating new challenges for medical professionalism. The scope of this problem in undergraduate medical education is not well-defined...
- Medical students' exposure to and attitudes about drug company interactions: a national surveyFrederick S Sierles
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, Ill 60064, USA
JAMA 294:1034-42. 2005While exposure to and attitudes about drug company interactions among residents have been studied extensively, relatively little is known about relationships between drug companies and medical students.
- Medical student distress: causes, consequences, and proposed solutionsLiselotte N Dyrbye
Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Primary Care Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:1613-22. 2005..to accomplish these ambitions; however, some aspects of training may have unintended negative effects on medical students' mental and emotional health that can undermine these values...
- Why medical students should learn how to teachM Dandavino
McGill University, Canada
Med Teach 29:558-65. 2007We reviewed the medical-education literature in order to explore the significance and importance of teaching medical students about education principles and teaching skills.
- Clinical experience, performance in final examinations, and learning style in medical students: prospective studyI C McManus
Academic Department of Psychiatry, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, London
BMJ 316:345-50. 1998To assess whether the clinical experience of undergraduate medical students relates to their performance in final examinations and whether learning styles relate either to final examination performance or to the extent of clinical ..
- Undergraduate preparation for prescribing: the views of 2413 UK medical students and recent graduatesAmy Heaton
Clinical Research Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:128-34. 2008To gather opinions from UK medical students and recent graduates about their undergraduate training to prescribe and their confidence about meeting the relevant competencies identified by the General Medical Council (GMC).
- Empathy in medical students as related to academic performance, clinical competence and genderM Hojat
Center for Research in Medical Education and Health Care, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Med Educ 36:522-7. 2002..Therefore, it is important to address the measurement of empathy, its development and its correlates in medical schools...
- The influence of controllable lifestyle and sex on the specialty choices of graduating U.S. medical students, 1996-2003E Ray Dorsey
University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, 1351 Mt Hope Avenue, Suite 223, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Acad Med 80:791-6. 2005To determine whether the preferences of female medical students are sufficient to explain the recent trend of U.S. medical students choosing specialties with controllable lifestyles.
- Smoking habits among medical students in Central Saudi ArabiaYousef A Al-Turki
Department of Family and Community Medicine, College of Medicine, King Saud University, PO Box 28054, Riyadh 11437, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 27:700-3. 2006To estimate the prevalence of smoking habits among male medical students at the College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- 'It gives you an understanding you can't get from any book.' The relationship between medical students' and doctors' personal illness experiences and their performance: a qualitative and quantitative studyKatherine Woolf
Academic Centre for Medical Education, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 4th Floor, Holborn Union Building, Archway Campus, Highgate Hill, London N19 5LW, UK
BMC Med Educ 7:50. 2007..We formally investigated the relationship between doctors' and medical students' personal illness experiences, their examination results, preparedness for clinical practice, learning and ..
- Pilot study of the roles of personality, references, and personal statements in relation to performance over the five years of a medical degreeEamonn Ferguson
School of Psychology, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD
BMJ 326:429-32. 2003..To compare the power of three traditional selection procedures (A levels, personal statements, and references) and one non-traditional selection procedure (personality) to predict performance over the five years of a medical degree...
- Attitudes and views on psychiatry: a comparison between Spanish and U.S. medical studentsGuillem Pailhez
Department of Mental Health, Centres Assistencials Dr Emili Mira i López, Av Prat de la Riba, 171, Santa Coloma de Gramenet, 08921 Barcelona, Spain
Acad Psychiatry 29:82-91. 2005In order to gain a broader view about the process of recruitment, we decided to compare and analyze the differences between the attitudes and views of Spanish and U.S. medical students towards psychiatry.
- Factors related to the choice of family medicine: a reassessment and literature reviewJanet H Senf
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 85719, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 16:502-12. 2003..Recent decreases in the number of students entering family medicine has prompted reconsideration of what is known about the factors affecting specialty choice...
- Emotional disorders among medical students in a Malaysian private medical schoolZ A Zaid
Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Royal College of Medicine Perak, 3 Jalan Greentown, Ipoh 30450, Perak, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 48:895-9. 2007..was done between December 2005 and January 2006 to determine the prevalence of emotional disorders among medical students in a private medical school in Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia and to determine the demographical characteristics, ..
- Making fun of patients: medical students' perceptions and use of derogatory and cynical humor in clinical settingsDelese Wear
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, Ohio, USA
Acad Med 81:454-62. 2006It has long been known that medical students become more cynical as they move through their training, and at times even exhibit "ethical erosion...
- Walking a mile in their patients' shoes: empathy and othering in medical students' educationJohanna Shapiro
Department of Family Medicine, University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, California, USA
Philos Ethics Humanit Med 3:10. 2008..Yet research suggests that during the course of medical training, empathy in medical students and residents decreases...
- The use of virtual patients to assess the clinical skills and reasoning of medical students: initial insights on student acceptanceNeil Gesundheit
Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5404, USA
Med Teach 31:739-42. 2009..for valid, cost-effective teaching and assessment of clinical skills, especially clinical reasoning skills, of medical students. However, medical students must embrace this teaching and assessment modality for it to be adopted widely.
- Medical students' attitudes towards science and involvement in research activities: a comparative study with students from a reformed and a traditional curriculumSusanne Pruskil
Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Med Teach 31:e254-9. 2009Little is known about medical students' attitudes towards science and scientific methodology. We aimed to evaluate these attitudes and students' involvement in research activities.
- Peer-assisted learning: a novel approach to clinical skills learning for medical studentsMax Field
Medical Education Department, University of Glasgow Medical School, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Med Educ 41:411-8. 2007..This study aimed to determine whether peer-assisted learning (PAL) can enhance clinical examination skills training...
- Stressors and psychological symptoms in students of medicine and allied health professions in NigeriaOlayinka O Omigbodun
College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:415-21. 2006..This study investigates stressors and psychological morbidity in students of medicine, dentistry, physiotherapy and nursing at the University of Ibadan...
- Training the clinical eye and mind: using the arts to develop medical students' observational and pattern recognition skillsJohanna Shapiro
Department of Family Medicine, University of California Irvine, School of Medicine, Orange, California, USA
Med Educ 40:263-8. 2006..The purpose of this qualitative study was to better understand the similarities and differences between arts-based and clinical teaching approaches to convey observation and pattern recognition skills...
- The emotional intelligence of medical students: an exploratory cross-sectional studyMathew Todres
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, King s College, London, UK
Med Teach 32:e42-8. 2010..Emotional intelligence (EI) may be related to student characteristics (such as conscientiousness and empathy), and performance at medical school, although few studies have so far been conducted...
- Experience-based learning: a model linking the processes and outcomes of medical students' workplace learningTim Dornan
Hope Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 41:84-91. 2007..To develop a model linking the processes and outcomes of workplace learning...
- Muslim women and medical students in the clinical encounterMichelle McLean
Department of Medical Education, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, UAE
Med Educ 44:306-15. 2010Increasingly, male medical students report being refused by female patients, particularly in obstetrics and gynaecology, which is impacting on recruitment into the discipline...
- Changes in medical students' emotional intelligence: an exploratory studyTerry D Stratton
Office of the Dean, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Teach Learn Med 20:279-84. 2008..Unfortunately, medical training has been shown to erode some of the very attributes it purports to instill in students...
- Influence of open- and closed-book tests on medical students' learning approachesMarjolein Heijne-Penninga
Institute for Medical Education, University of Groningen and University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Med Educ 42:967-74. 2008..In this study we test the hypothesis that open-book tests stimulate deep learning more than closed-book tests...
- Career choice of new medical students at three Canadian universities: family medicine versus specialty medicineBruce Wright
Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 170:1920-4. 2004Over the last 10 years the number of medical students choosing family medicine as a career has steadily declined...
- First-year medical students' assessment of their own communication skills: a video-based, open-ended approachAmanda Zick
Center for Communication and Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, USA
Patient Educ Couns 68:161-6. 2007Interpersonal and communication skills are a core area of competency for medical students, residents, and practicing physicians...
- Selection of medical students: a controlled experimentLouise C Urlings-Strop
Institute of Medical Education and Research, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Med Educ 43:175-83. 2009..We aimed to discover, through a controlled experiment, whether cognitive and non-cognitive assessment would select higher-achieving applicants to medical school than selection by lottery...
- Career choices of medical students: a national survey of 1780 studentsJeremie H Lefevre
Department of Digestive Surgery, Saint Antoine Hospital Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP, Pierre et Marie Curie Faculty of Medicine, University of Paris VI, Paris, France
Med Educ 44:603-12. 2010OBJECTIVES Many factors influence the career specialty decisions made by medical students. The aim of this study was to broaden consideration of the determinants of specialty choice in a large population of medical students in their sixth ..
- Knowledge and attitude on infant oral health among graduating medical students in KeralaN Retna Kumari
Deparment of Pedodontics, Govt Dental College, Trivandrum, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 24:173-6. 2006..Present study was conducted to evaluate knowledge and attitude of graduating medical students towards infant oral health qualitative methods were used to evaluate the program.
- Comparing a self-administered measure of empathy with observed behavior among medical studentsDaniel C R Chen
Section of General Internal Medicine, Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 801 Massachusetts Avenue, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:200-2. 2010Studies show that measures of physician and medical students' empathy decline with clinical training. Presently, there are limited data relating self-reported measures to observed behavior...
- Procedural and interpretive skills of medical students: experiences and attitudes of fourth-year studentsEdward H Wu
Division of General Internal Medicine, Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network, 17th and Chew Streets, Room 6T22, Allentown, PA 18105, USA
Acad Med 83:S63-7. 2008Recent data do not exist regarding fourth-year medical students' performance of and attitudes toward procedural and interpretive skills, and how these differ from third-year students'.
- Sleep pattern in medical students and residentsMarzieh Nojomi
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Crossroads of Hemmat and Chamran Expressways, Tehran15875 6171, Iran
Arch Iran Med 12:542-9. 2009..and disabling condition that affects many people, and can affect on quality of work and education of medical students and residents...
- Prevalence of cigarette smoking and khat chewing among Aden university medical students and their relationship to BP and body mass indexAl Khader N Laswar
Director General of Health Affairs, Aden, Associate Professor of Surgery, Aden, Yemen
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 20:862-6. 2009To evaluate the smoking and khat chewing habits in male Aden University medical students and correlate them with blood pressure (BP), body mass index (BMI), and year of training, we randomly selected 100 students of different levels of ..
- Personality and specialty interest in medical studentsMohammadreza Hojat
Center for Research in Medical Education and Health Care, Jefferson Medical College, 1025 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Med Teach 30:400-6. 2008..Research on the relationship between personality and specialty interest is important because of its implications in student career counseling and in forecasting future specialty distribution...
- Knowledge and practice of healthy lifestyle and dietary habits in medical and non-medical students of Karachi, PakistanRubina A Sajwani
Department of Community Health Sciences, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 59:650-5. 2009To objectively compare the differences in knowledge and practices regarding healthy lifestyle among medical and non-medical students of Karachi along with assessment of any perceived barriers.
- Evaluation of a one-year Masters of Public Health program for medical students between their third and fourth yearsJeanne Mager Stellman
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Acad Med 83:365-70. 2008..article, the authors describe an accelerated one-year MPH program for competitively selected New York City medical students who have completed their third year of training and enroll at the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia ..
- Glutathione and free sulphydryl content of seminal plasma in healthy medical students during and after exam stressS Eskiocak
Department of Biochemistry, Trakya University, School of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
Hum Reprod 20:2595-600. 2005..The mechanisms of stress-related semen quality alterations have not been fully elucidated. In the present study, we investigated the effect of examination stress on seminal glutathione and free sulphydryl content and sperm quality...
- Medical students' and facilitators' experiences of an Early Professional Contact course: active and motivated students, strained facilitatorsBernhard von Below
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine Primary Health Care, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, PO Box 454, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Med Educ 8:56. 2008Today, medical students are introduced to patient contact, communication skills, and clinical examination in the preclinical years of the curriculum with the purpose of gaining clinical experience...
- When only the real thing will do: junior medical students' learning from real patientsKathryn Bell
University of Manchester Medical School, Manchester M6 8HD, UK
Med Educ 43:1036-43. 2009This study aimed to explore how medical students experience contacts with real patients and what they learn from them.
- Evidence-based medicine: discrepancy between perceived competence and actual performance among graduating medical studentsOpher Caspi
Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Med Teach 28:318-25. 2006..we conducted a preliminary, cross-sectional, web-based study to examine the extent to which fourth year medical students in the US are competent in core areas of evidence-based medicine (EBM)...
- Attitude change during medical school: a cohort studyWayne Woloschuk
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Med Educ 38:522-34. 2004Attitudes influence behaviour. Developing and maintaining proper attitudes by medical students can impact on the quality of health care delivered to their patients as they assume the role of doctors...
- Toward creating physician-healers: fostering medical students' self-awareness, personal growth, and well-beingD H Novack
MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Acad Med 74:516-20. 1999..The authors suggest goals and objectives for medical education that can promote trainees' self-awareness, personal growth, and well-being, and comment on how medical educators might achieve and evaluate these goals and objectives...
- Choosing family medicine. What influences medical students?John Jordan
Department of Family Medicine, University of Western Ontario
Can Fam Physician 49:1131-7. 2003To explore factors that influence senior medical students to pursue careers in family medicine.
- Attitude of medical students towards general practice and general practitionersEmma Henderson
Department of Primary Health Care and General Practice, Imperial College School of Medicine, London
Br J Gen Pract 52:359-63. 2002..The stimuli for this work came from the need to identify and understand the origin of students' attitudes towards general practice in the context of undergraduate curriculum reform and concerns about recruitment...
- Rural practice preferences among medical students in Ghana: a discrete choice experimentMargaret E Kruk
Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 1415 Washington Heights M3166 SPH II, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, United States of America
Bull World Health Organ 88:333-41. 2010To determine how specific job attributes influenced fourth year medical students' stated preference for hypothetical rural job postings in Ghana.
- Variation of mood and empathy during internshipLisa M Bellini
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
JAMA 287:3143-6. 2002..Internship is a time of great transition, during which mood disturbances are common. However, variations in mood and empathy levels throughout the internship year have not been investigated...
- Depressive symptoms in medical students and residents: a multischool studyDeborah Goebert
Department of Psychiatry, University of Hawaii John A Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Acad Med 84:236-41. 2009This multisite, anonymous study assessed depressive symptoms and suicidal ideation in medical trainees (medical students and residents).
- Students' opinions about their preparation for clinical practiceKatinka J A H Prince
Skillslab, Faculty of Medicine, Maastricht University, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Med Educ 39:704-12. 2005There are data that suggest that medical students do not feel sufficiently prepared for clinical practice in the clerkships. The transition from pre-clinical to clinical training causes problems.
- Personal life events and medical student burnout: a multicenter studyLiselotte N Dyrbye
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55906, USA
Acad Med 81:374-84. 2006..Little is known about burnout in medical students. The authors sought to identify the prevalence of burnout, variation of its prevalence during medical school, ..
- Meeting the challenge of prescribing and administering medicines safely: structured teaching and assessment for final year medical studentsS D Scobie
Pharmacy Department, Withington Hospital, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 37:434-7. 2003To promote safe prescribing and administration of medicines in the pre-registration house officer (PRHO) year through a programme of structured teaching and assessment for final year medical students.
- Patients' attitudes towards the presence of medical students in family practice consultationsS M Monnickendam
Department of Family Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 3:903-6. 2001..A large minority would refuse to be examined without the tutor's presence. Our findings need to be taken into account when planning clinical clerkships...
- Career and parenting satisfaction among medical students, residents and physician teachers at a Canadian medical schoolB Cujec
Department of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
CMAJ 162:637-40. 2000Studies of career and parenting satisfaction have focused separately on medical students, residents and practising physicians. The objective of this study was to compare satisfaction across a spectrum of stages of medical career.
- Assessing the development of communication skills in undergraduate medical studentsG M Humphris
Department of Clinical Psychology, Whelan Building, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GB, UK
Med Educ 35:225-31. 2001..RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS: An improvement in communication skills was found in medical students over 17 months of their undergraduate teaching: that is from the level 1 to the level 2 assessment...
- Relationships between dietary habits and the prevalence of fatigue in medical studentsMasaaki Tanaka
Department of Physiology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Nutrition 24:985-9. 2008Fatigue, which is a common complaint among medical students, is related to poor academic outcomes...
- Mentoring programs for medical students--a review of the PubMed literature 2000-2008Esther Frei
Research Center for Career Development, Zurich University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Med Educ 10:32. 2010..is acknowledged as a key to successful and satisfying careers in medicine, formal mentoring programs for medical students are lacking in most countries...
- The variable influence of lifestyle and income on medical students' career specialty choices: data from two U.S. medical schools, 1998-2004Dale A Newton
Department of Pediatrics, 3E139 Brody, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Acad Med 80:809-14. 2005Recent reports on medical students' career choices suggest that lifestyle increasingly influences career decisions...
- Failure to fail: the perspectives of clinical supervisorsNancy L Dudek
505 Smyth Road, Room 1105D, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 8M2
Acad Med 80:S84-7. 2005..This study explored the factors identified by supervisors that affect their willingness to report poor clinical performance when completing In-Training Evaluation Reports (ITERs)...
- A future career in general practice? A longitudinal study of medical students and pre-registration house officersHazel K Sinclair
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Eur J Gen Pract 12:120-7. 2006To monitor the future career preferences of medical students throughout their undergraduate years and into their postgraduate career, and to evaluate which factors may influence career choice intentions, and when this happens, over time.
- Stress and depression among medical students: a cross-sectional studyMarie Dahlin
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Section Psychiatry, St Göran, Stockholm, Sweden
Med Educ 39:594-604. 2005To assess the exposure to different stressors and the prevalence of depression among medical students at different levels of education, taking gender differences into account.
- Why would I choose a career in family medicine?: Reflections of medical students at 3 universitiesIan Scott
University of British Columbia, Department of Family Practice Undergraduate Office, David Strangway Bldg, Suite 300, 5950 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC
Can Fam Physician 53:1956-7. 2007To describe the factors that medical students report influence them to pursue careers in family medicine.
- Seroprevalence of vaccine preventable and blood transmissible viral infections (measles, mumps, rubella, polio, HBV, HCV and HIV) in medical studentsSabine Wicker
Occupational Health Service, University Hospital of Frankfurt, 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Med Microbiol Immunol 196:145-50. 2007In the course of clinical training medical students are in particular exposed to infectious diseases...
- A cross-sectional descriptive study of mentoring relationships formed by medical studentsEva M Aagaard
Received from the Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif 94143 0320, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:298-302. 2003To describe medical students' mentoring relationships and determine characteristics associated with having mentors, 232/302 (77%) of third- and fourth-year medical students at the University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) were ..
- Tobacco use among medical students in OrissaG S Ramakrishna
Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Thiruvananthapuram 695011, Kerala, India
Natl Med J India 18:285-9. 2005..There is a lack of adequate and reliable data on tobacco use among medical students and their perceived role as future doctors in tobacco control...
- Computer knowledge amongst clinical year medical students in a resource poor settingNkeiruka Ameh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ahmadu Bello Univerity, Zaria, Nigeria
Afr Health Sci 8:40-3. 2008To study the computer knowledge and desires of clinical year medical students at one of the oldest and largest medical schools in Nigeria.
- Up close and personal: medical students prefer face-to-face teaching in psychiatryLisa Lampe
Discipline of Psychiatry, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 18:354-60. 2010The aim of this paper was to determine the teaching activities most valued by medical students in the psychiatry rotation and to examine whether this varies with age, gender or stage of training.
- Do physicians know when their diagnoses are correct? Implications for decision support and error reductionCharles P Friedman
Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:334-9. 2005..This study explores the alignment between physicians' confidence in their diagnoses and the "correctness" of these diagnoses, as a function of clinical experience, and whether subjects were prone to over-or underconfidence...
- Nigerian medical students attitudes to unmodified electroconvulsive therapyBawo Onesirosan James
Department of Clinical Services, Psychiatric Hospital, Uselu, Benin City, Nigeria
J ECT 25:186-9. 2009..Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is an effective and affordable form of treatment for a range of psychiatric disorders. Historical antecedents, the media, and movies have generated myths about its continued use and relevance...
- Early trauma and lifetime suicidal behavior in a nationwide sample of Korean medical studentsHong Jin Jeon
Department of Psychiatry, Depression Center, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul 135 710, South Korea
J Affect Disord 119:210-4. 2009No previous study has investigated the association between early trauma and suicidal behavior in medical students. We evaluated the types of early trauma which are the most strongly associated with a lifetime history of suicidal behavior ..
- Emotional intelligence in medical students: does it correlate with selection measures?Sandra E Carr
Department of Education Centre, University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009, Australia
Med Educ 43:1069-77. 2009Much attention and emphasis are placed on the selection of medical students. Although selection measures have been validated in the literature, it is not yet known whether high scores at selection are indicative of high levels of ..
- Impact of an evidence-based medicine curriculum on medical students' attitudes and skillsJosephine L Dorsch
UIC Library of Health Sciences Peoria, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, PO Box 1649, One Illini Drive, 61656, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 92:397-406. 2004....
- The long-term impact of preclinical education on medical students' opinions about radiologyBarton F Branstetter
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Acad Radiol 15:1331-9. 2008..integrating radiology teaching into the first year of medical education has an immediate positive effect on medical students' attitudes toward the practice of radiology...
- Medical students' attitudes toward psychiatry and mental disordersTheodore B Feldmann
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Louisville, KY, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:354-6. 2005
- Stress and depressive symptoms/dysphoria among US medical students: results from a large, nationally representative surveyMichael T Compton
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:891-7. 2008..determined rates and correlates of stress, depressive symptoms/dysphoria, and suicidal thoughts among US medical students. Data were obtained from a large-scale survey conducted at 16 representative medical schools...
- Career preference of final year medical students of Ziauddin Medical UniversityNighat Huda
Ziauddin Medical University, Karachi, Pakistan
Educ Health (Abingdon) 19:345-53. 2006..The study aims to identify the career preferences of the final year medical student as well as to determine gender differences in career choices...
- Undergraduate medical students: who seeks formative feedback?Hazel K Sinclair
Department of General Practice and Primary Care, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Med Educ 41:580-2. 2007..This study aimed to monitor which undergraduate students collected formative feedback on their degree essays and to quantify any correlations between gender or summative mark achieved and whether formative feedback was sought...
- The influence of structured education and clinical experience on the attitudes of medical students towards substance misusersEdmund Silins
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 26:191-200. 2007..The influence of structured education and clinical experience on the attitudes of medical students towards substance misusers was investigated at an Australian university...
- Safe medication practice: attitudes of medical students about to begin their intern yearIan D Coombes
Safe Medication Practice Unit, Queensland Health, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Med Educ 42:427-31. 2008Interns are expected to prescribe effectively and safely. This study aimed to assess medical students' perceptions of their readiness to prescribe, associated risks and outcome if involved in an error, as well as their perceptions of ..
- Development and preliminary psychometric properties of a well-being index for medical studentsLiselotte N Dyrbye
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
BMC Med Educ 10:8. 2010Psychological distress is common among medical students but manifests in a variety of forms. Currently, no brief, practical tool exists to simultaneously evaluate these domains of distress among medical students...
- Dopamine's Role in the Rapid Estradiol Enhancement of Excitatory SynapsesCAROLINE COFER SMITH HAMILTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, in Aims 2 and 3 I will pursue whether E2 recruits the dopaminergic system through an increase in dopamine release from noradrenergic terminals or through an increase in post-synaptic D1R activation. ..
- Best Management of Sigmoid Volvulus: a Prospective Randomized TrialJONATHAN CHARLES SAMUEL; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Inflammation and Cerebral Aneurysm Formation: Targets for Modulation and VascularBRIAN LIM HOH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Christopher Batich, and injected into murine elastase saccular aneurysms which will later be evaluated for evidence of re-endothelialization and inhibition of the vascular inflammatory response. ..
- BLOOD PRESSURE REGULATION, STRESS AND MATERNAL OXYTOCIN RESPONSEKathleen C Light; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PA-06-555 Senior Scientist Research and Mentorship Award (K05)GEORGE EDWARD WOODY; Fiscal Year: 2012..a Penn resident, leading case conferences at Penn and the VA, participating in an addiction course for medical students, and working with international collaborators on research topics including study design, implementation, ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers in Pediatric Obesity and Diabetes: Research and MentoringPietro R Galassetti; Fiscal Year: 2013..Galassetti is fully committed to a career in Patient Oriented Research, and this award will result in reduced administrative duties and more protected time, increasing his current levels of mentoring and research activities. ..
- High School Student NeuroResearch Program (HSNRP)Marlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ongoing short-term and long-term evaluation including surveys, database registry and career portfolios will document efficacy of the training model and promote networking. ..
- Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research (SCCTER)TL1HARRY BERNARD GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three examples of new and innovative educational initiatives include our scholarly concentrations for medical students, our multidisciplinary Biodesign program for engineers, physicians and other biomedical investigators, and ..
- Short-Term Institutional Research Training GrantMarlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013..DA) short-term Medical Student Research Program (MSRP) seeks to introduce, train and nurture inquiring medical students in basic and clinical medical research;and further, to provide the stimulus for subsequent intensive and ..
- Summers in Childrens Research for Diverse High School StudentsMarlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Olympus VS-120 Virtual Slide Scanning SystemDonna L Hammond; Fiscal Year: 2013..This database is also used to assess the diagnostic competency of resident physicians. Enhanced medical student and resident education will continue to improve the lives and health of countless patients. ..
- Medical Student Education on Alcohol Abuse and DependenceT Tanner; Fiscal Year: 2009..Abuse and Dependence, an SBIR Fast-Track (Phase I/II) project to create an online curriculum to educate medical students on the background, proper assessment, and treatment options for patients with alcohol misuse and use ..
- Stereotyping in medical student decision-making: presence, origins and solutionsRobert L Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..offer these procedures to patients based on race and/or gender, and that such biases may be present in medical students. This innovative, multidisciplinary, multimethod study will investigate the prevalence and determinants of ..
- Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research (SCCTER)KL2HARRY BERNARD GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three examples of new and innovative educational initiatives include our scholarly concentrations for medical students, our multidisciplinary Biodesign program for engineers, physicians and other biomedical investigators, and ..
- Medical Student Training in Aging and Injury ResearchLinda N Meurer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Student Training in Aging and Injury Research is a 12 week summer research training program to introduce ten medical students per year to injury control research in aging during the summer between their first and second years...
- UCLA SPOTRIAS CENTER APPLICATION RENEWAL-PROGRAM PROJECTJeffrey L Saver; Fiscal Year: 2012..A Career Development Program will train the next generation of translational scientists in neurovascular disease at the premedical, medical student, and fellowship level. ..
- Longitudinal Structural MRI Study of Adulthood Outcome in Tourette SyndromeMichael H Bloch; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Medical Student Skills Training on Pain and Addiction AssessmentBRADLEY TANNER; Fiscal Year: 2012..the SBIR Fast-track application, we propose to create and evaluate an online skills training experience for medical students to properly assess patients in pain, minimize potential opioid misuse, and maximize pain treatment...
- Short Term Research Training for Medical StudentsSOLOMON SIDNEY SOLOMON; Fiscal Year: 2013..In order to accomplish this goal, selected medical students will gain a positive, comprehensive experience and training in biomedical research...
- Short-Term Training to Increase the Diversity Pipeline in Heart/Lung/Blood ResearMarlys Hearst Witte; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on our ~30-year track record and access to diverse/disadvantaged populations reflected in 729 medical students and 474 high school students trained to date, we anticipate that DSMRP will cultivate many diverse scientific ..
- Research Training for Medical Students &Physician-Scientists in Child PsychiatryANDRES S MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Along the way, participants will be encouraged to pursue advanced degrees. For Yale medical students, this award will support research seminars and medical student research thesis projects...
- Effects of Diet on Hormones, Metabolism and Body WeightDavid S Ludwig; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- SHORT TERM TRAINING: HEALTH PROFESSIONAL STUDENTSEugene B Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the environment is ideal to support the goals of this NIDDK-supported medical student T35 program. ..
- U C San Diego Medical Student Summer Aging Research TrainingDilip V Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will provide support to 18 medical students per year from across the country selected for training experiences of 8 to 12 consecutive weeks full-time...
- Partnerships in Health: BASIC Training in MedicinePatrick E McBride; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Short Term Biomedical Research Training Program for Medical StudentsBENJAMIN L MARGOLIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Research Program (SBRP) provides an intensive ten-week mentored summer research training program for medical students between their first and second years...
- Characterizing Human Exceptional LongevityThomas T Perls; Fiscal Year: 2010..Subsequent findings may ultimately translate into strategies that help people age more successfully. ..
- Hypertension and Vascular Biology Training GrantDAVID RAE HARDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..These graduating trainees thus become role models. ..
- Training in Thrombosis, Hemostasis and Vascular BiologySatya P Kunapuli; Fiscal Year: 2012..D., M.D., or D.V.M. degree. Each training program will depend on past research and educational : experience. State-of-the-art equipment and services are available within and outside of the Center. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN RHEUMATOLOGYVERNON MICHAEL HOLERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..training three postdoctoral fellows per year as well as to expand the programmatic support to include two medical students and two graduate students per year...
- Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Training ProgramMichael W Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the NIDDK Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes which provides three months of training to eligible medical students. MD candidates will have completed residency training as well as a first, clinical year of fellowship prior ..
- Clinical and Translational Research Training in Late-Life Mood DisordersCharles F Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2013..to provide research training opportunities, in the form of a summer research elective, to rising second-year medical students, in order to attract a diverse and talented group of medical students into psychiatric research careers...
- Medical Student Summer Research Training ProgramDAVID RAE HARDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..of Wisconsin provides 8-12 weeks of laboratory and didactic research training designed to expose early year medical students possessing sound undergraduate science backgrounds and varying levels of laboratory experience to research ..
- Redesigning and Enhancing Behavioral and Social Science Medical Student CurriculaAlan W Cross; Fiscal Year: 2011..The school administration and a substantial number of faculty are fully committed to the proposed changes. As a result, our graduates should be more effective physicians. ..
- Mouse ImmunopathologyChen Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study will investigate the immune responses using a mouse model, which will help develop novel vaccines. Through this study, the investigator will mentor young investigators for mouse pathobioplogy study...
- Patient Safety &Quality Symposium to Address the Unmet Needs in Teaching PhysiciSHARI DOGBO; Fiscal Year: 2011..This symposium will bring together medical students, residents, medical school deans, professors, teaching hospital administrators, and patient safety personnel ..
- Hyaluronan Matrices in Vascular PathologiesVincent C Hascall; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Nervous System Channelopathies: Pathogenesis and TreatmentRobert C Griggs; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Using behavioral economics to understand end-of-life decisionsAmber E Barnato; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Central Respiratory Effects of Organophosphate PoisoningRomolo J Gaspari; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of the PI is to become an independent researcher in the area of neurophysiology and neurotoxicology with the ability to run his own lab and write successful grant applications. ..
- Training Students in Biomedical Research in HematologyMARGARET VICTORIA RAGNI; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinical and laboratory space to carry out this project, the specific aims of which are: (1) To expose medical students early in their training to the relevance and excitement of biomedical research in academic hematology, ..
- Summer Research Education Program to Increase Diversity in Health ResearchJEANNETTE M VASQUEZ VIVAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..College undergraduates and first year medical students from diverse populations that have been shown by the NSF to be underrepresented in health related sciences on ..
- NIDDK Research Education ProgramKevin R Regner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Metabolic and Kidney Disease Research Education Program (DMKREP) are: 1) to expose 1st and 2nd year medical students early in their career decision making to state-of- the-art basic and translational research specifically in ..
- Medical Student Alcohol Research InternshipPatricia E Molina; Fiscal Year: 2013..biomedical research, we propose a short-term research training program for pre-matriculating and matriculated medical students at LSUHSC-New Orleans...
- Human Behavior and Experience in Health and IllnessRita Charon; Fiscal Year: 2010..social and behavioral scientists at the medical center as researchers, teachers, and mentors/role-models for medical students contemplating careers in these fields...
- Research Training Program in Geriatric Neuropsychiatry for Medical StudentsDilip V Jeste; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Medical students'Sustained Training and Research Experience in Aging and Mental health (M-STREAM) Abstract This application to the NIMH is for renewal of an innovative national-level research ..
- Colorado Summer Research Training for Undergraduate DiversityJohn E Repine; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Summer Research and Training Program in Environmental Health SciencesF Peter Guengerich; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) This T35 grant application is designed to support medical students involved in a Summer Research and Training Program in Environmental Health Sciences...
- Immunologic and pharmacologic studies in allotransplantKOEN WALTER VAN BESIEN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Throughout the course of the grant I will identify new potential investigators through the fellowship, residency and medical student program, where I have been very active in teaching and mentoring. ..
- Muscular Dystrophy Cooperative Research CenterKevin P Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Contributions to Racial Bias in Medical Student Judgement and Decision-MakingMichelle van Ryn; Fiscal Year: 2013..intended to eliminate both implicit racial bias and the inappropriate effect of patient race on c 4th year medical students'clinical judgments and decisions. There is a huge gap in the needed evidence base...
- An Intervention to Improve Well-Being in African American Medical StudentsSYLVIA PATRICE PERRY; Fiscal Year: 2013..to test the degree to which a self-affirmation intervention protects and improves the mental health of Black medical students. This study is part of a larger program of research intended to reduce racial disparities in health care by ..
- Non-Endoscopic Surveillance for Barrett's Esophagus Following Ablative TherapyNicholas J Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2013..This K24 award will provide essential support for the candidate to meet his mentoring and research goals. ..
- Harvard-Longwood Short-Term Research Training in Vascular SurgeryFrank W LoGerfo; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): This training program provides 8 - 12 weeks of basic and outcomes research training for medical students aspiring to careers as clinician-scientists with a budding interest in vascular surgery...
- RCT for Smoking Cessation in 10 Medical SchoolsJudith K Ockene; Fiscal Year: 2013..RGC) design (implemented in 10 medical schools), we will compare two methods of teaching the 5As to medical students: 1) traditional medical education (TE), and 2) multi-modal education (MME) that adds two components to TE: a ..
- Recruitment of Medical Students to Careers in Mental Health ResearchGretchen L Haas; Fiscal Year: 2013..of mental health research, this renewal application requests support for 5R25MH054318-14, "Recruitment of Medical Students into Careers in Mental Health Research" -a collaboration between the Department of Psychiatry and the ..
- Training Medical Students to Become Child PsychiatristsRandal G Ross; Fiscal Year: 2011..Administration Medical Center, National Jewish Medical Center, and Denver Childrens Hospital---to train medical students with the skills to be child psychiatry researchers...
- Improving Drug Abuse Treatment by Research and TrainingHERBERT DAVID KLEBER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, he will continue active mentoring of young scientists and training at the medical student, resident, fellow, and young faculty levels. ..
- SHORT TERM TRAINING IN HEALTH PROFESSIONAL SCHOOLSROBINNA G LORENZ; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this training program is to introduce medical students to the concept of scientific research, the principles of scientific experimentation, the proper methods of data analysis, and the ..
- Translational Research Training in Sleep MedicineDaniel J Buysse; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our 10 medical students have submitted 6 abstracts and published one first-authored peer-reviewed paper...
- VISUAL NEUROSCIENCE TRAINING PROGRAMDonald J Zack; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, in order to expose medical students to the excitement and opportunities of vision research, and hopefully to inspire them towards careers related ..
- Integrating Social and Behavioral Sciences into Undergraduate Medical EducationJason M Satterfield; Fiscal Year: 2010..Supported SBS research will help improve the understanding of social and behavioral factors in health and disease. ..
- Standardized Patients as Drug Abuse Treatment ClientsBentson McFarland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed study will examine the feasibility and utility of SPs in this environment. ..
- Oregon CAM CourseEdward Keenan; Fiscal Year: 2006..and National College of Naturopathic Medicine (NCNM) to launch a 4-year longitudinal CAM curriculum for medical students at OHSU...
- Palliative Care Curriculum for 3rd-Year Medical StudentsCharles von Gunten; Fiscal Year: 2007Education of medical students about end-of-life care, palliative care and hospice care is poor. The Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME) requires all medical schools to teach this subject...
- MEDICAL LIBRARY INFORMATION NETWORK OF KANSAS (MEDLINK)LORENE VALENTINE; Fiscal Year: 1993..Reports and presentations on this Kansas pilot project will be forthcoming...