Summary: Individuals referred to for expert or professional advice or services.
Publications245 found, 100 shown here
- Doctors as patients: postal survey examining consultants and general practitioners adherence to guidelinesM Forsythe
Centre for Health Services Studies, George Allen Wing, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent CT2 7NF
BMJ 319:605-8. 1999..To examine the adherence by senior NHS medical staff to the BMA guidelines on the ethical responsibilities of doctors towards themselves and their families...
- Clinical decision-making and the nurse consultant roleJerry Warr
Nurs Times 102:36-7. 2006This paper reviews the requirement for expert clinical decision-making in the role of nurse consultants. The aim is to gain a better understanding of this role by exploring the experiences and views of consultant practitioners...
- Ocular contamination during lesional surgery-a hazard for the plastic surgeonI R McNamara
The Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 59:263-5. 2006..This study investigated the use of, and need for, protective eyewear during Plastic Surgery and the surgeons' attitude to risk...
- Clinical supervision in the emergency department: a critical incident studyD A Kilroy
Department of Emergency Medicine, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust, Poplar Grove, Stockport, SK2 7JE, UK
Emerg Med J 23:105-8. 2006..of effective clinical supervision in the emergency department (ED) from the perspectives of enthusiastic consultants and specialist registrars...
- Promotion to hospital consultant: regression analysis using NHS administrative dataKostas Mavromaras
Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
BMJ 332:148-51. 2006..To examine factors influencing promotion to hospital consultant...
- Stress and burnout in colorectal and vascular surgical consultants working in the UK National Health ServiceA Sharma
Academic Surgical Unit, University of Hull, Cottingham, Hull, UK
Psychooncology 17:570-6. 2008....
- Facilitators and barriers for GP-patient communication in palliative care: a qualitative study among GPs, patients, and end-of-life consultantsWillemjan Slort
EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Gen Pract 61:167-72. 2011..Communication in palliative care may be particularly difficult, and there is still no accepted set of communication skills for GPs in providing palliative care...
- The planning, contracting and monitoring of orthodontic services, and the use of the IOTN index: a survey of consultants in dental public health in the United KingdomC M de Oliveira
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, 3rd Floor, London WC1E 6BT
Br Dent J 195:704-6; discussion 696. 2003..In addition, the study investigated the value of the Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need (IOTN) as an instrument for planning orthodontic provision...
- Shortcomings of the National Joint Registry: a survey of consultants' viewsM R Philipson
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 87:109-12; discussion 112. 2005..The UK Department of Health (DoH) awarded the contract to run the NJR to Atomic Energy Authority (AEA) Technology in September 2002. The aim was to etablish the views of a large group of orthopaedic consultants on the new NJR.
- General practitioners' versus consultants' perspective on indications for paediatric tonsillectomy: current trendsJ Manickavasagam
Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Doncaster Royal Infirmary, UK
J Laryngol Otol 126:163-7. 2012..We undertook a study to ascertain what factors general practitioners consider important when referring children for tonsillectomy, and to compare these views with those of consultant ENT surgeons...
- With long hours of work, might depression then lurk? A nationwide prospective follow-up study among Danish senior medical consultantsAnshu Varma
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital, Bispebjerg Bakke 23, DK 2400 Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Work Environ Health 38:418-26. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine depression as a potential negative health effect of long work hours, anticipating an exposure-response relationship...
- Use of paid child care health care consultants in early care and education settings: results of a national study comparing provision of health screening services among Head Start and non-Head Start centersHeather Hanna
Social Science Research Center, Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS 39759, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 26:427-35. 2012Child care health consultants (CCHCs) are health professionals who provide consultation and referral services to child care programs. The use of CCHCs has been recommended as an important component of high-quality child care...
- Gender and variation in activity rates of hospital consultantsKaren Bloor
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, UK
J R Soc Med 101:27-33. 2008..To explore whether or not gender predicts consultant activity rates...
- Long-term outcomes of phacoemulsification cataract surgery performed by trainees and consultants in an Australian cohortCalvin Sze un Fong
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology and Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 40:597-603. 2012..whether differences exist in surgical complication rates and long-term visual acuity outcomes between patients whose phacoemulsification cataract surgery was performed by ophthalmological trainees and those performed by consultants.
- The role of community consultants in designing an HIV prevention interventionM Sormanti
Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY 10025, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 13:311-28. 2001..Sixteen women and 13 male partners were engaged as "consultants" in a series of focus group discussions aimed at exploring their reactions and ideas about potential topics and ..
- The communication competency of medical students, residents and consultantsJan C Wouda
Wenckebach Institute, University Medical Centre, Groningen, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 86:57-62. 2012..The model of expert performance predicts that neither physicians in training nor experienced physicians will reach an expert level in communication. This study tested this hypothesis...
- Hospital consultants and workplace based assessments: how foundation doctors view these educational interactions?P McKavanagh
Department of Cardiology, Ulster Hospital, Upper Newtownards Road, Dundonald, Belfast BT16 1RH, UK
Postgrad Med J 88:119-24. 2012To determine how foundation year 2 (F2) doctors view the input of hospital consultants into their workplace based assessments (WPBAs).
- Breaking bad news: consultants' experience, previous education and views on educational format and timingMandy M Barnett
Department of Medical Education, Warwick Medical School, Coventry, UK
Med Educ 41:947-56. 2007..We sought to ascertain if this view was still held...
- Characteristics of consultants who hold distinction awards in England and Wales: database analysis with particular reference to sex and ethnicityTrevor W Lambert
UK Medical Careers Research Group, Department of Public Health, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LF
BMJ 328:1347. 2004..To determine whether women, ethnic minorities, and particular specialties are discriminated against in the receipt of NHS distinction awards...
- Nurse and allied health professional consultants: perceptions and experiences of the roleKay Stevenson
School of Health and Rehabilitation, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
J Clin Nurs 20:537-44. 2011To explore the perceptions and experiences of nurse and allied health professional consultants and key stakeholders.
- A systematic review and meta-synthesis: evaluating the effectiveness of nurse, midwife/allied health professional consultantsAnn Humphreys
School of Nursing and Community Studies, Faculty of Health and Social Work, University of Plymouth, Devon, England, UK
J Clin Nurs 16:1792-808. 2007..This paper presents the findings of a systematic review and meta-synthesis, which was undertaken to identify and assess studies that evaluated the nurse/midwife/allied health professional consultant role...
- Discrimination in the discretionary points award scheme: comparison of white with non-white consultants and men with womenAneez Esmail
Medical Practitioners Union, MSF Centre, London EC1V 8HA
BMJ 326:687-8. 2003
- What is the role of the consultant responsible for postgraduate education in the clinical department?B Malling
Department of Quality and Education, Viborg Hospital, Viborg, Denmark
Med Teach 29:471-7. 2007The organisation of specialist training is complex and involves many clinical departments. The position of consultants responsible for education (CRE) in specialist training at department level is poorly defined in the literature.
- Experience of infectious diseases consultants with outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy: results of an emerging infections network surveyAarthi Chary
Division of Infectious Diseases, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, OR 97207, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:1290-5. 2006Despite the increasing use of outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT), little is known about the role of infectious diseases consultants in the process or their perceptions of OPAT.
- Women doctors and their careers: what now?Isobel Allen
Policy Studies Institute, University of Westminster, London NW1 3SR
BMJ 331:569-72. 2005
- "We are anxious to remain anonymous": the use of third party scientific and medical consultants by the Australian tobacco industry, 1969 to 1979S Chapman
VicHealth Centre for Tobacco Control
Tob Control 12:iii31-7. 2003..To document the history of visits to Australia by tobacco industry sponsored scientists and news media reports about smoking and health matters generated by their visits...
- "Care and feeding": the Asian environmental tobacco smoke consultants programmeM Assunta
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Tob Control 13:ii4-12. 2004To review the tobacco industry's Asian environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) consultants programme, focusing on three key nations: China, Hong Kong, and Malaysia.
- Nurse consultants: their characteristics and achievementsValerie A Woodward
School of Social Work and Primary Care, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, UK
J Clin Nurs 14:845-54. 2005This paper reports one aspect of a larger study of nursing research strategies in one English region, focusing particularly on nurse consultants' characteristics and achievements in the role.
- What do hospital consultants value about their jobs? A discrete choice experimentCristina Ubach
Health Economics Research Unit, Institute of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD
BMJ 326:1432. 2003To examine the strength of hospital consultants' preferences for various aspects of their work.
- HIV nursing consultants: patients' preferences and experiences about the quality of careChristine F Hekkink
Division of Clinical Methods and Public Health, Department of General Practice, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Nurs 14:327-33. 2005..out how human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-patients judge the quality of care received from their HIV nursing consultants, compared with the care delivered by HIV specialists and general practitioners...
- Nurse consultants as higher level practitioners: factors perceived to influence role implementation and development in critical careDebra Fairley
General Intensive Care Unit ward 3, Jubilee Wing, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 19:198-206. 2003..Relevant research exploring advances in nursing practice in critical care, and how this has influenced the development of higher level practice in relation to the nurse consultant role, will also be discussed...
- Impact of hospital consultants' poor mental health on patient careCath Taylor
Cancer Research UK London Psychosocial Group, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, St Thomas Campus, London SE1 7EH, UK
Br J Psychiatry 190:268-9. 2007In a survey of 1794 UK NHS hospital consultants 1308 (73%) responded...
- How effective and valued are nurse consultants in the UK?Jenny Bent
Northern General Hospital, Sheffield
Nurs Times 100:34-6. 2004..Many factors have influenced this change. Documents such as the UKCC's the Scope of Professional Practice (UKCC 1992a), and NHS reforms are among them. The aim of this article is to explore the effectiveness of nurse consultants.
- Consultant rheumatology workforce in the UK: changing patterns of provision 1997-2001G Turner
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester and British Society for Rheumatology Clinical Affairs Committee, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 41:680-4. 2002....
- Hospital consultants breaking bad news with simulated patients: an analysis of communication using the Roter Interaction Analysis SystemLaura Vail
Health Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Patient Educ Couns 83:185-94. 2011..To explore how experienced clinicians from wide ranging specialities deliver bad news, and to investigate the relationship between physician characteristics and patient centredness...
- How well prepared are medical students for their first year as doctors? The views of consultants and specialist registrars in two teaching hospitalsC Matheson
University of Nottingham, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Postgrad Med J 85:582-9. 2009..1 doctors, F1s) in two teaching hospitals in the Trent Deanery were rated by specialist registrars (SpRs) and consultants as being well prepared for practice; (2) the importance ascribed by SpRs and consultants to the various items ..
- Developments in rheumatology consultant manpower provision: the BSR/arc Workforce Register 2003-05M J Harrison
ARC Epidemiology Unit, Stopford Building, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1416-21. 2006..To summarize the changes and continuing inequalities in rheumatology service provision in the UK between 2001 and 2005...
- What do new consultants have to say?Anita Houghton
BMJ 325:S145. 2002
- Training community consultants to help family members improve dementia care: a randomized controlled trialLinda Teri
School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, 98115 2053, USA
Gerontologist 45:802-11. 2005We investigated whether community consultants could be trained to teach family caregivers a systematic behavioral approach for reducing mood and behavior problems in persons with Alzheimer's disease.
- Improving hospital doctors' working lives: online questionnaire survey of all gradesA Dornhorst
Intercollegiate IWL Committee, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 35 43 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PE, UK
Postgrad Med J 81:49-54. 2005..In 2001, the Department of Health produced the Improving Working Lives (IWL) for Doctors document. This is the first national survey which asks hospital doctors what changes are needed to improve their working lives...
- A survey of surgical management of the axilla in UK breast cancer patientsM S Gaston
Academic Office, Edinburgh Breast Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Eur J Cancer 40:1738-42. 2004..The questionnaire was returned by 371 surgeons, 366 (99%) were consultants and 96% treated more than 50 cases of breast cancer every year...
- Current management in pharyngeal pouch surgery by UK otorhinolaryngologistsM A Siddiq
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 86:247-52. 2004..Many surgical techniques have been described for the treatment of pharyngeal pouches but there is no single treatment of choice. The aim of this study was to determine current practice in pharyngeal pouch surgery by UK otolaryngologists...
- Consultant contract: the view of the British Medical AssociationJonathan Fielden
Hosp Med 65:389. 2004
- Consensus and diversity: an action research study designed to analyse the roles of a group of mental health consultant nursesAnnette M Jinks
Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK
J Clin Nurs 16:1323-32. 2007..This initial benchmarking exercise is a precursor to the development of plans for role improvement and evaluation...
- Improving mortality of coronary surgery: data analysis was not robustSheka L C Reddy
BMJ 329:855; author reply 855. 2004
- Current attitudes and practices towards diathermy smokeJohn Spearman
Department of Surgery, Great Western Hospital, Swindon, Wiltshire, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 89:162-5. 2007..The aim of this study was to gauge the opinions of general surgical consultants, specialist registrars and senior theatre nurses in the Wessex Region towards the hazards of ESU smoke.
- Threshold volumes for urological cancer surgery: a survey of UK urologistsMartin C Nuttall
Clinical Effectiveness Unit, The Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK
BJU Int 94:1010-3. 2004..To determine minimum threshold levels of activity set by surgeons for urological cancer surgery, and to relate threshold levels to stated current procedural volume...
- Current practice for the laparoscopic diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis: a national questionnaire survey of consultant gynaecologists in UKSharon H Moses
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Worcester Royal Hospital, UK
BJOG 111:1269-72. 2004..To determine current practice regarding laparoscopic diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis...
- Clinical attachments: fond farewell or new beginning? A survey of the attitudes and practice of medical consultants and international medical graduatesSudhir Wawdhane
Department of Medicine, Darlington Memorial Hospital, Darlington, Co Durham, UK
Postgrad Med J 83:196-9. 2007To analyse the experience of clinical attachment (CA) of international medical graduates (IMGs) and consultants.
- Improving mortality of coronary surgery: study conclusions are paradoxicalEric Lim
BMJ 329:855; author reply 855. 2004
- Hepatic resection for colorectal metastases - a national perspectiveA G Heriot
Department of General Surgery, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 86:420-4. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the views the consultant surgeons who manage these patients...
- Questionnaire survey of British Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology Hepatology And Nutrition (BSPGHAN) members to examine workload and resources for paediatric gastroenterologistsA J Baker
Variety Club Children s Hospital, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 90:274. 2005
- Community nurses' understanding of the community stoma care nurseSarah Skingley
Whitton Clinic, Ipswich, Suffolk
Br J Nurs 15:83-9. 2006....
- Airway management in patients with a broadcomplex tachycardia requiring electrical cardioversion: a postal surveyG L A Cumberbatch
Poole Hospital, Poole, Dorset, UK
Emerg Med J 23:216-8. 2006This study was to determine whether or not ED and ICU consultants would intubate an unstarved, haemodynamically unstable patient with a BCT requiring electrical cardioversion, and to determine the incidence of complications for both ..
- Urethral dilatation in women: urologists' practice patterns in the UKM Masarani
Department of Urology, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, Cornwall, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 88:496-8. 2006..We conducted a postal survey to ascertain the actual practice of urethral dilatation among urologists in the UK...
- Perceptions of the application of fast-track surgical principles by general surgeonsCatherine Jane Walter
Academic Surgical Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 88:191-5. 2006..The depth of understanding and application of fast-track principles to general surgical practice by consultant surgeons is unknown...
- Views, behaviours and perceived staff development needs of doctors and surgeons regarding learners in outpatient clinicsPaul A O'Neill
Department of Medical Education, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 40:348-54. 2006..This quantitative study examines what approaches consultant supervisors employ in outpatient learning, together with what they perceive themselves to use and what they would value in further training...
- The new consultant survey 2005M Beckett
West Middlesex Hospital, Isleworth, TW7 6AF, UK
Emerg Med J 23:461-3. 2006b>Consultants in emergency medicine have to deal with a wide range of problems, many of which they will not have encountered during their training...
- Benchmarking the nurse consultant role in rheumatologySarah Ryan
North Stoke Primary Care Trust, Stoke on Trent
Nurs Stand 20:52-7. 2006..The standards can be used by other nurse consultants to benchmark their practice.
- Examining the effectiveness of the nurse consultant roleSally Redfern
Nursing Research Unit, King s College London
Nurs Times 102:23-4. 2006..This article suggests that the consultant role is an example of how a redesigned nursing role can benefit patient care and service provision...
- Beliefs about using consumer consultants in inpatient psychiatric unitsTerence V McCann
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Institute of Health and Diversity, Victoria University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int J Ment Health Nurs 15:258-65. 2006A key recommendation of consumer organizations and governments has been the employment of consumer consultants in inpatient psychiatric facilities, but the attitudes of mental health clinicians towards this measure remain inconsistent...
- Why do doctors choose a career in geriatric medicine?Sally Briggs
Department of Medicine for Older People, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust, Poplar Grove, Stockport
Clin Med 6:469-72. 2006..4%); 4% of the respondents decided to specialise in geriatric medicine as students, 3.8% of consultants and 8...
- A postal survey of current thromboprophylactic practices of consultant orthopaedic surgeons in the treatment of fracture of the hipA C Watts
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:296-300. 2005..Questionnaires were sent to all consultants on the register of the British Orthopaedic Association. The rate of response was 62%...
- Optical coherence tomography: an assessment of current training across all levels of seniority in 8 ophthalmic units in the United KingdomWai H Chan
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, London, SE1 7EH, UK
BMC Ophthalmol 6:33. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the clinical competence in OCT image interpretation of ophthalmologists in different subspecialties and grades...
- Why choose a career in geriatric medicine?Alistair Main
Clin Med 6:438-9. 2006
- Airway management before, during and after extubation: a survey of practice in the United Kingdom and IrelandS Rassam
Specialist Registrar, Anaesthetic Department, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XW, UK
Anaesthesia 60:995-1001. 2005..Nerve stimulators should be used continually as standard monitoring throughout the anaesthetic period when muscle-relaxing drugs are part of the anaesthetic technique...
- Modernising Medical Careers foundation programme curriculum competencies: will all rotations allow the necessary skills to be acquired? The consultants' predictionsR Higgins
LNR Healthcare Workforce Deanery, Lakeside House, 4 Smith Way, Grove Park, Leicester LE19 1SS, UK
Postgrad Med J 82:684-7. 2006..Questionnaires were sent to 100 consultants from a range of specialties asking them to predict if a foundation year 1 or foundation year 2 doctor could ..
- Mitral repair best practice: proposed standardsB Bridgewater
South Manchester University Hospital, Southmoor Road, Manchester, UK
Heart 92:939-44. 2006..To define best practice standards for mitral valve repair surgery...
- Consultant attitudes to undertaking undergraduate teaching duties: perspectives from hospitals serving a large medical schoolR G Hendry
University of Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham, UK
Med Educ 39:1129-39. 2005To explore attitudes among National Health Service consultants responsible for delivering basic clinical teaching to medical students.
- The influence of outreach in the development of the nurse consultant role in critical care: cause or effect?Deborah Dawson
General Critical Care, 1st Floor St Jame s Wing, St George s Hospital NHS Trust, London, UK
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 22:4-11. 2006..Despite compelling evidence that there was a serious problem with the management of critically ill patients in the ward environment, there is little evidence to support outreach as a concept or as a role for nurse consultants.
- Evaluation of a nurse consultant's clinical activities and the search for patient outcomes in critical careDebra Fairley
The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds, UK
J Clin Nurs 15:1106-14. 2006..To describe the actual clinical activities undertaken by a critical care nurse consultant in an eight-bedded adult surgical high dependency unit within a large NHS Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust...
- The current role of the consultant nurse in critical care: consolidation or consternation?Deborah Dawson
St George s Hospital NHS Trust, GICU, 1st Floor St Jame s Wing, St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Road, London SW170QT, United Kingdom
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 24:187-96. 2008..From the results of the current study, key changes in role are identified and areas for further development are highlighted...
- Hospitalists and consultant physicians in acute medicineCarol Black
Clin Med 2:290-1. 2002
- Views of junior doctors on the specialist registrar (SpR) training scheme: qualitative study of UK medical graduatesJulie Evans
UK Medical Careers Research Group, Unit of Health Care Epidemiology, Department of Public Health, University of Oxford, UK
Med Educ 36:1122-30. 2002..To report junior doctors' views on specialist registrar (SpR) training...
- Haunted!Sara Da Costa
Diabetes Centre, Worthing Hospital, Worthing
Nurs Manag (Harrow) 9:11-5. 2002
- A questionnaire survey of senior house officers/registrars response to their training at University College Hospital, IbadanO A Talabi
Department of Medicine, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 22:161-3. 2003..and above into training, have not had the opportunity to discuss their training progress with their supervising consultants. The study therefore calls for more hours of formal teaching and consultants' regular evaluation of residents ..
- Specialist registrars acting up as consultantsTrevor Pickersgill
BMJ 327:s107-8. 2003
- Surgeon specific mortality in adult cardiac surgery: quality of data is importantDavid R Walker
BMJ 327:563. 2003
- General practitioner and hospital specialist attitudes to functional gastrointestinal disordersL M Gladman
Wycombe Hospital, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:651-4. 2003..Functional gastrointestinal symptoms generate a large workload in primary care. Research on functional gastrointestinal disorders is focused on hospital patients, but these patients may differ from those managed in primary care...
- Can a district hospital assess its doctors for re-licensure?Jim Crossley
Academic Unit of Medical Education, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Med Educ 42:359-63. 2008..The Chief Medical Officer's recommendations on medical regulation in the UK suggest that National Health Service (NHS) trusts should assess their doctors and confirm whether they remain fit to practise medicine...
- [Evaluation of the 360-degree assessment method in a hospital]Lars Bo Krag Møller
Hvidovre Hospital, Udviklings og Uddannelsesafdelingen, Afsnit 046, Kettegårds Alle 30, DK 2650 Hvidovre
Ugeskr Laeger 170:2973-6. 2008..Twenty-eight consultants and registered nurses underwent evaluation...
- Attitudes to research and research training among ophthalmologists and ophthalmology trainees in New ZealandThiran Jayasundera
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 31:294-9. 2003..To determine the attitudes to research and research training among ophthalmologists and ophthalmology trainees in New Zealand...
- Should aspiring consultant nurses follow a medical training programme?Rebecca Hoskins
Emergency Department, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol BS2 8HW, United Kingdom
Int Emerg Nurs 16:29-34. 2008..To investigate the level of educational preparation current consultant nurses felt was required to prepare aspiring consultant nurses for the role...
- Radical prostatectomy in Britain and Ireland at the millenniumS Ravichandran
Preston Royal Hospital, Preston, Lancs, UK
BJU Int 90:420-2; discussion 422-3. 2002..To report a national questionnaire survey of all consultant urologists, providing a 'snapshot' of attitudes, current practice and referral patterns for radical prostatectomy (RP) in Britain and Ireland at the millennium...
- Career pathwaysElisabeth Paice
London Deanery, 20 Guilford St, London WC1N 1DZ
BMJ 325:S19. 2002
- The new NHS framework for handling performance concernsDavid A Black
Hosp Med 65:112-5. 2004..The author explains the background, explores the practicalities, and discusses the challenges and unresolved issues for medical managers...
- The neuroanaesthesia workforce in Great Britain and IrelandP A Farling
Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast BT12 6BA, UK
Anaesthesia 58:17-23. 2003..Attention should be given to a number of workforce issues highlighted in this survey if recruitment into neuroanaesthesia is to be encouraged...
- How do palliative medicine physicians assess and manage depressionIain Lawrie
St Gemma s Hospice, Leeds
Palliat Med 18:234-8. 2004..The response rate was 63%; two-thirds (90) of respondents were consultants and a further 21 medical directors...
- A review of the job satisfaction and current practice of consultant diabetologists in England--barriers and successesK Macleod
Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Hospital, Exeter, UK
Diabet Med 24:946-54. 2007..The project aimed to describe the perceptions of consultant diabetologists about their work, explore models of care, identify problem areas, consider potential solutions, and outline strategic issues for retention and recruitment...
- Supervision of trainee anaesthetists: a survey of opinions and practicesJ Kerr
Yeovil District Hospital, Higher Kingston, Yeovil BA21 4AT, UK
Anaesthesia 57:76-81. 2002..This study assesses these changes in order to evaluate whether or not these reforms have achieved their intended outcomes...
- Multiple mini-interviews: opinions of candidates and interviewersSarah Humphrey
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire, Walsgrave, Coventry, UK
Med Educ 42:207-13. 2008..To assess candidates' and interviewers' perceptions of the use of a multiple mini-interview (MMI) for selection of senior house officers (SHOs) to a UK regional paediatric training programme...
- Consultant nurse-consultant physician: a new partnership for patient-centred care?Iain W Graham
Department of Nursing Development, Institute of Health and Community Studies, Bournemouth University, Royal London House, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, UK
J Clin Nurs 16:1809-17. 2007..The objective was to explain the 'gestalt' of being a consultant nurse and how the 'gestalt' has evolved...
- Travel health: perceptions and practices of travel consultantsS L Ivatts
Department of Public Health, University of Western Australia
J Travel Med 6:76-80. 1999..this in mind we aimed to determine some of the travel-related health knowledge, practices and needs of travel consultants. METHODS: A cross sectional study was undertaken in which one travel consultant from each of 166 Western ..
- Financial conflict of interest disclosure and voting patterns at Food and Drug Administration Drug Advisory Committee meetingsPeter Lurie
Public Citizen s Health Research Group, Washington, DC 20009, USA
JAMA 295:1921-8. 2006..In January 2002, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a draft guidance requiring more detailed financial conflict of interest disclosure at advisory committee meetings...
- Teleconsultation program for deployed soldiers and healthcare professionals in remote and austere environmentsJohn McManus
US Army Institute of Surgical Research Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234 6315, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 23:210-6; discussion 217. 2008..The service provides a standard practice for managing acute and emergent care requests between remote medical providers in austere environments and rear-based specialists in a timely and consistent manner...
- Managing mental health service provision in the decentralized, multi-layered health and social care system of GermanyAnke Bramesfeld
Health Policy Working Group, Department for Epidemiology, Social Medicine and Health System Research, Hanover Medical School, Hanover, Germany
J Ment Health Policy Econ 7:3-14. 2004..Implementing such coordination is particularly challenging in a decentralized, multi-layered health and social care system such as exists in Germany...
- Report on financing the new model of family medicineStephen J Spann
Task Force 6, Houston, Tex, USA
Ann Fam Med 2:S1-21. 2004....
- The variability of practice in minimally invasive thoracic surgery for pulmonary resectionsGaetano Rocco
Division of Thoracic Surgery, National Cancer Institute, Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Thorac Surg Clin 18:235-47. 2008..Younger consultants reported using VATS lobectomy in up to 50% of their lobectomy cases...
- [Workers with alcohol and drug addiction problems. Consensus Document of the Study Group on Hazardous Workers]N Magnavita
Istituto di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma
Med Lav 99:3-58. 2008..Italian Law 81/08 (so-called "Unified Text of Laws on Health and Safety at Work"), came into force on 15 May 2008 and incorporates provisions related to medical surveillance of drug and alcohol dependency at the workplace...
- [Stress at work among military doctors: a preliminary study]Bojana Knezevic
Klinicki bolnicki centar Zagreb
Acta Med Croatica 60:309-14. 2006..This preliminary study examined the sources of work stress in military physicians...
- Ethics consultation at a large urban public teaching hospitalElliot B Tapper
Division of Plastic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:433-8. 2010..To describe the population served and issues encountered by Hospital Ethics Committee consultation, to describe the incidence of consultation per hospital admission, and to describe the resource utilization per consult...
- Latin American Center for Malaria Research and ControlSOCRATES HERRERA VALENCIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..CLAIM has also involved consultants/collaborators from the Andean Health Organism and/or the US Centers for Disease Control for this ICEMR program...
- Functional Neuroimaging of Individual Differences in Affect and MotivationBRIAN JAMES MICKEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..co-mentors, geneticist Margit Burmeister PhD and MRI physicist Robert Welsh PhD, and three carefully chosen consultants. Research...
- Cerebral metabolism, EEG, and sleep cycling in critically ill neonatesRenée A Shellhaas; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Consultants will offer additional expertise in neonatal neuromonitoring and in statistics and signal analysis...
- Sex Hormones in Postmenopausal Women in the Diabetes Prevention ProgramCatherine Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..Investigators and consultants on this proposal are involved in the Study of Women's Health Across the Nation expert in ESH life stage ..
- PTEN TUMOR SUPPRESSOR AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONRAMON E PARSONS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Consortium/Contractual Arrangements NA I. Resource Sharing 51 J. Letters of Support (e.g., Consultants) 52-53 Commercialization Plan (SBIR/STTR Phase II and Fast-Track ONLY) Checklist. 54...
- C. Difficile Outcomes and Effectiveness of Treatment Strategies in SCICharlesnika T Evans; Fiscal Year: 2013..There are letters of support from the P.I.'s hospital director and from the co-P.I.s and consultants. 11. Budget. The budget is quite modest at $359,329 over two years...
- Validation of a Novel NF-kB Inhibitor in Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseAnthony Blikslager; Fiscal Year: 2013..TheraLogics has enlisted CMC, regulatory and clinical consultants to translate results of this phase 2 program into the next phases, including GMP manufacturing, GLP safety/..
- Optimization of adoptive immunotherapy with autologous CD20-specific T cellsBrian Till; Fiscal Year: 2013..Till's proposed laboratory experiments. Dr. Till has also assembled an extremely strong team of consultants, including Dr. Stanley Riddell, a world leader in adoptive T cell therapy, Drs...
- Fast accurate ultrasensitive in vitro assay to determine BoNT potency &stabilityARMIN H REITMAIR; Fiscal Year: 2012..Furthermore, recent work by our consultants Profs...
- Biomarker Reference Laboratory, EDRNWilliam E Grizzle; Fiscal Year: 2010..A network of extramural consultants and resources, both academic and commercial, also is described...
- Characterizing Ankle Function During Sloped Locomotion For Prosthesis DevelopmentAlena Grabowski; Fiscal Year: 2012..I also bring together mentors, consultants, and collaborators with extensive expertise in prosthesis design and development, rehabilitation, computer ..
- Impact of AMP-activated kinase on sex differences in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJohn P Konhilas; Fiscal Year: 2013..Konhilas'newly established his laboratory is built. Dr. Konhilas has also assembled a team of consultants to provide guidance in every facet of the proposal...
- A novel role for endogenous fructose in ischemic acute kidney injuryMIGUEL ANGEL LANASPA GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The applicant will also rely on the expertise and technology from several consultants outside the Renal Division, Dr Mark Petrash, Professor and Vice Chair for Research, Department of Ophthalmology,..
- Role in Myopia Development of Retinal Pigment Epithelium - A New Therapeutic TargYan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three senior scientists have also agreed to serve as consultants on her project: Professor Lawrence Rizzolo (Yale University) and Dr...
- Multi-Organ Autonomic Electrophysiology in Parkinson DiseaseSamay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2013..J. Timothy Greenamyre. The career development plan utilizes resources available with mentors, consultants and coursework in the areas of neurology, physiology, geriatrics, pharmacology and biostatistics...
- Web-based Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) System for Breast Cancer SurvivorsJOHN CHRISTOPHER WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition to representing rural and urban patient populations between these two institutions, the consultants on this project will represent the perspectives of community-based cancer patients and providers...
- Resolving the role of nicotine-mediated phosphorylation on pancreatic fibrosisJoao A Paulo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Gygi is involved in the daily operation of the lab and is readily available as a mentor. I have also chosen consultants and collaborators who are experts in their respective fields and as such will have support beyond a single ..
- Osteoarthritis: Identification of Novel Imaging Biomarkers via 23Na/1H MRI at 7 TGregory Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional key consultants James Babb, Ph.D., Christian Glaser, M.D., and Punam Saha, Ph.D...
- Chronic ethanol, B cell competence and lymphoid integrityThomas J Waldschmidt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Vertebrate Animals 268 8. Literature Cited 269-274 9. Consortium/Contractual Arrangements N/A 10. Consultants/Collaborators 274 11...
- Endothelial SK3 Channel Modulation of EDHF is Estrogen RegulatedMike T Lin; Fiscal Year: 2011..research and will provide primary mentoring guidance that will be complemented by a team of co-mentors and consultants, reflecting the strengths of the OHSU community...
- Modulation of Genes Responsible for Cilia Length by Exposure to Cigarette SmokeAnn E Tilley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Neil Hackett, providing expertise in molecular biology and the basic science approaches used in the project. Consultants are Dr. Jason Mezey for additional statistics expertise and Dr...
- The role of the Wnt/planar cell polarity pathway in pulmonary angiogenesisVinicio A de Jesus Perez; Fiscal Year: 2013..Rabinovitch, I will meet quarterly with a panel of advisors and consultants that will provide criticism and help discuss ideas related to the proposed research...
- Physiology and structure of prefrontal projections to memory and motor circuitsMaria Medalla; Fiscal Year: 2013..Douglas Rosene, an expert in primate neuroanatomy. Drs. Michael Hasselmo and Howard Eichenbaum will serve as consultants to this project;their expertise in learning and memory as well as cholinergic modulation of limbic and cortical ..
- GENETIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE COURSE OF ALCOHOL USE IN WOMENCarolyn E Sartor; Fiscal Year: 2013..Andrew Heath, co-mentor Dr. Kenneth Sher, and consultants Dr. James Anthony and Dr...
- Etanercept: a Mechanistic Probe of Central Mu-Opioid Dysregulation in Pain StatesALAN RODNEY PROSSIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Steven Zalcman (behavioral consequences of cytokine challenge), will round out the mentorship team. Consultants, one external (Dr. Andrew Miller) and two internal (Dr. Robert Koeppe and Dr...
- Free Hemoglobin Potentiates Pulmonary Vascular Dysfunction in Acute Lung InjuryJULIE ANNE BASTARACHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be conducted by an experienced investigator with a strong support team and internationally recognized consultants. Using sound experimental and statistical methods and a well characterized patient cohort, the proposed studies ..
- The role of diet-induced obesity in cognitive impairmentCATRINA SIMS ROBINSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The expertise that Dr. Robinson will gain from the group of mentors and consultants will prove to be vital to her development into a young independent neuroscientist.
- Structural and Functional Changes in Myopia and Susceptibility to GlaucomaLisa Ostrin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three senior vision scientists have also agreed to serve as consultants on aspects of this work: 1) Dr. Laura Frishman (Univ...
- Regulation of Apical-Basal Cell polarity during Intestinal Epithelial MorphogenesNan Gao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hiroshi Nakagawa, an expert in primary tissue culture and organotypic culture model. Two technical consultants, Drs Jonathan Schug and Raymond Meade, will advise me on statistical data analysis and EM experiments...
- Adherence intervention to promote optimal use of insulin pumps in adolescents witKimberly Driscoll; Fiscal Year: 2013..Larry Deeb, co-Mentor, is a pediatric endocrinologist and past President of the American Diabetes Association. Consultants include Dr. Roger Mazze, an expert in technological advancements associated with T1D care;Dr...
- Developing, Validating, and Implementing a CKD Predictive Model (DELVECKD)KHALED A ABDEL-KADER; Fiscal Year: 2013..the applicant will also benefit from the teaching and guidance provided by his team of proficient mentors and consultants. Dr...
- Role of 12/15-lipoxygenase in mechanisms of muscle atrophy during agingArunabh Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through interactions with his mentor/co-mentor, members of the advisory council and the consultants who have agreed to assist Arunabh in this proposal, the K01 award will allow him to gain expertise in a variety ..
- Cognitive Complaints and Decline and B-Amyloid Deposition in Non-Demented ElderlyBETH ELLEN SNITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Key elements of the career development plan include supervised research experiences with Mentors/Consultants, courses and workshops...
- Exploring Sociodemographic and Behavioral Factors Underlying Racial/Ethnic DisparSTEPHANIE ANNE NAVARRO SILVERA; Fiscal Year: 2013..health disparities, and spatial analysis as well as through guided readings, regular meetings with mentors and consultants, center visits, and attendance at selected seminars, and conferences...
- Quiescent Tc17 programmed CD8 T cells and their role in graft versus host diseaseCAMERON JOHN TURTLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..I will complete the K99 studies with guidance from Dr. Riddell and the expert technical consultants, Drs. Tewari and Randolph-Habecker...
- Quiescent Tc17 programmed CD8 T cells and their role in graft versus host diseaseCAMERON JOHN TURTLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..I will complete the K99 studies with guidance from Dr. Riddell and the expert technical consultants, Drs. Tewari and Randolph-Habecker...
- MR SPECTROSCOPY TO REVEAL CNS MECHANISMS OF CYTOKINE-INDUCED BEHAVIORAL CHANGEEbrahim Haroon; Fiscal Year: 2013..in behavioral neuroscience, neuroimaging and immunology, b) one-on-one supervision with a primary mentor and consultants, and c) a hands-on supervised research experience...
- Mitochondrial Kv1.3 potassium channels and lymphocyte apoptosis in sepsisJay Yang; Fiscal Year: 2011..The research team, along with the consultants, comprises a unique collection of expertise necessary to execute this multi-faceted project.
- Multiplex ALEX-based Test for Protease Activity Profiling in Arthritic JointsARMIN H REITMAIR; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, recent work by our consultants Profs...
- Regulation of Invasion and Metastasis by HIF-1 Oral Squamous Cell CarcinomaStephen Y Lai; Fiscal Year: 2010..He has assembled a team of mentors and consultants who will not only provide extensive scientific guidance, but also foster his development as an independent ..
- Neural Markers of Individual Difference in Emotion Regulation in Depressed AdultsJay C Fournier; Fiscal Year: 2013..of training activities: weekly meetings and didactics with mentors, directed readings and training with expert consultants, formal coursework, and participation in scientific conferences...
- Mechanisms Underlying the Association between Maternal and Offspring ObesityPAULA CATHERINE CHANDLER-LANEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..They have helped me to select three consultants who will oversee the implementation of research protocols, and a three-member career advisory panel that will ..
- PPAR-Gamma's Role in Aberrant Adipogenesis and Fibrosis in Systemic SclerosisBENJAMIN DOUGLAS KORMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..to having the mentorship of Dr Varga, because of the multidisciplinary nature of this project, I will have consultants with expertise in adipose biology and nuclear receptors (Dr Barish) as well as in mouse pathology (Dr...
- Community-based interventions to reduce mortality from neonatal infectionWaldemar A Carlo; Fiscal Year: 2012..Expert consultants under the direction of WHO have recommended evaluating oral-only antibiotic regimes as alternatives to ..
- Heathy Bodies, Healthy Minds: Helping Adolescents with PCOSDana L Rofey; Fiscal Year: 2013..via (a) meetings and guided readings with mentors Ronald Dahl MD and Silva Arslanian MD, and an expert team of consultants;(b) formal coursework;(c) attendance at conferences, journal clubs, and research meetings;and (d) supervised ..
- Neuromorphometry of Psychosis in Bipolar DisorderDaniel Mamah; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposal is also supported by a rich diversity of collaborators and consultants to provide education and guidance in various aspects of research...
- Identifying the Neural Basis and Functional Role of Emotional Empathy in DementiaVIRGINIA EMILY STURM; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Robert Levenson (a psychologist with expertise in psychophysiology, emotion, and empathy);and three consultants: Drs...
- Novel molecular imaging approaches to monitor gene and cell-based therapiesShahriar Yaghoubi; Fiscal Year: 2013..The UCLA-CST partnership builds on past extensive interactions at UCLA between investigators and consultants, as described in this application. We will carry out four Specific Aims...
- Chronic alcohol abuse disrupts CD8+T cell functionAnnette J Schlueter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Vertebrate Animals 193-195 8. Literature Cited , 195-199 9. Consortium/Contractual Arrangements '. N/A 10. Consultants/Collaborators N/A Appendices on CD: 5 Publications PHS 398 (Rev. 04/06) Page 168 Form Page 3
- Developing Medications for Nicotine CessationSelena E Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2011..established the product development pipeline in consultation with experts in the advisory boards and outside consultants, developed the operations of the organization, establish partnerships via letters of understanding with ..
- Selective MRTF/SRF-Transcription Inhibitors: Novel Anti-fibrotics for IPFVijaykumar M Baragi; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Prasan Pharmaceutical Consultants, LLC in a licensing agreement with the University of Michigan aims to advance and commercialize proprietary MRTF/SRF-transcription inhibitors for treatment of ..
- Chronic alcohol and pulmonary immunityKevin L Legge; Fiscal Year: 2010..Vertebrate Animals 228-229 8. Literature Cited..,.. 229-234 9. Consortium/Contractual Arrangements N/A 10. Consultants/Collaborators 234 11. Letters of Support 235-239 Appendices on CD: 5 Publications PHS 398 (Rev...
- Risk of Leukemia after Protracted Exposures to Low Doses of Ionizing RadiationLYDIA BOGDANIVNA ZABLOTSKA; Fiscal Year: 2013..training plan built around perceived needs, including one-on-one training with three mentors and several consultants and contributors, formal courses, practical laboratory rotations, seminars and meetings...
- Cytokine Signaling as a Mediator of Fear and Anxiety After Myocardial InfarctionNATALIE CELIA TRONSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Stephen Miller and Dr. Douglas Losordo respectively. With these consultants, I will obtain training on immunological techniques and concepts, be taught the surgical methods for induction ..
- Adipose-Derived Stromal/Stem Cell Therapy for Pressure UlcersXiying Wu; Fiscal Year: 2012..As consultants, LaCell has enlisted the assistance of experts in the field of plastic surgery and wound healing...
- Older Mothers and Adult Daughters: High Blood Pressure Self Management BehaviorsCeleste Shawler; Fiscal Year: 2010..The candidate will complete formal coursework and planned interactions and meetings with mentors and consultants. In addition, the candidate will participate in on-going research seminars, prepare and submit scientific ..
- Genesis of Epithelial Cell LumensJennifer L Harder; Fiscal Year: 2013..a team of knowledgeable and successful experts at her institution to function as mentors, collaborators, and consultants to facilitate her training and assist her in achieving her research goals...
- Smokeless Tobacco Use and Reproductive Health Among Married Women in a Low-incomeJean J Schensul; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Consultants to the study will include P.C. Gupta, Ph.D...
- Training to Improve Late-Stage Dementia CareJOHN V HOBDAY; Fiscal Year: 2011..Through this training program, CNAs gain convenient, 24/7, private access to an entire team of intervention consultants and therapeutic support specialists experienced in managing late-stage ADRD-related care...
- Chronic Conditions and Mutuality of Care in Late Life MarriageJOAN E MONIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Through this MRSDA, the candidate will (1) learn from expert mentors and consultants about the epidemiology of aging and advanced statistical techniques to analyze dyadic, longitudinal data, (2) ..
- Bias in Retransplantation Survival Models: Selection Criteria and Hepatitis CScott W Biggins; Fiscal Year: 2011..John Roberts, Chief of Transplantation Surgery;and two consultants: Dr. Peter Bacchetti, Director of the Biostatistical Consulting Unit and Dr...
- Pre-clinical Development of a Broad Spectrum Antiviral Compound to Treat Human PaChristopher Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2012..both Milestones and Go/No Go decision points that have been developed in close collaboration with NanoVir consultants and the Stanford Research Institute, International (SRI), a GLP-approved facility with considerable history and ..
- Outcomes After ACL Reconstruction: Femoral Nerve BlockBrian Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..supervision of the mentor, by attending graduate courses, and participating in tutorials with the mentor and consultants. The influence of nerve block pain management on outcomes after outpatient anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) ..
- GUIDING VISUAL ATTENTION TO ENHANCE DISCRIMINATION LEARNINGMichael T Carlin; Fiscal Year: 2011..personnel engaged on project, including consultants/collaborators...
- Risk-Informed Interventions in Community Pharmacy: Implementation and EvaluationMichael R Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): The Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP);its partners, Outcome Engineering consultants;and community pharmacy practice sites-Walgreens, Kerr Drug, Medicine Shoppe, and Massachusetts General Hospital ..
- An epithelial model for V-type H+-ATPase-driven acid-base transportPeter M Piermarini; Fiscal Year: 2010..Fostering this transition are his mentors Professors Klaus Beyenbach and Michael Kotlikoff, and two external consultants (Boron, Yale and Harrison, Arizona State)...
- Pre-Clinical HPV16 Antiviral Compound DevelopmentChristopher Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..outlines Milestones and Go/No Go decision points that have been developed in close collaboration with NanoVir consultants and the Stanford Research Institute, International (SRI), a GLP-approved facility with considerable history and ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF VIRULENCE FACTORS OF ORAL FUNGAL SP.Mary Ann Jabra Rizk; Fiscal Year: 2006..Development phase and three years of Faculty Transition win be centered at U of MD involving co-mentors and consultants at Johns Hopkins, the U of VA and the U of Wurzburg and will establish Dr...
- Health & Aging: Understanding Alcohol Use (NIAAA)CATHERINE BRUSS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Phase I work will include developing, in collaboration with expert consultants, detailed outlines and a single- topic prototype as follows: 1) a prototype module of the online course, ..
- Fundamentals of Interpersonal TherapyScott Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2009..and the computer-based training program will also include input from a number of IPT experts, including consultants involved in the development of IPT, research in modifications of IPT, and experts in IPT training...
- NEUROANATOMY AND PHARMACOTHERAPY OF OCD AND MAJOR DEPRESSanjaya Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2003..Under the guidance of his Primary Mentor and Expert Consultants, he will be trained in neuroanatomy, neuropsychopharmacology, functional neuroimaging, quantitative image ..
- Natural Language Processing for Cancer Research Network Surveillance StudiesDavid Carrell; Fiscal Year: 2010..and tests a model for training local staff through hands-on NLP projects overseen by outside NLP expert consultants. The potential impact of this project is evident most clearly in the vast untapped opportunities for text ..