Genomes and Genes
Summary: A species of ALPHAVIRUS causing an acute dengue-like fever.
Publications246 found, 100 shown here
- A single mutation in chikungunya virus affects vector specificity and epidemic potentialKonstantin A Tsetsarkin
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 3:e201. 2007b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an emerging arbovirus associated with several recent large-scale epidemics...
- Infection with chikungunya virus in Italy: an outbreak in a temperate regionG Rezza
Department of Infectious, Parasitic, and Immunomediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Lancet 370:1840-6. 2007b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), which is transmitted by Aedes spp mosquitoes, has recently caused several outbreaks on islands in the Indian Ocean and on the Indian subcontinent. We report on an outbreak in Italy.
- Chikungunya fever: an epidemiological review of a re-emerging infectious diseaseJ Erin Staples
Arboviral Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado 80521, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:942-8. 2009..The disease is caused by Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), an arthropod-borne virus that is transmitted to humans primarily via the bite of an infected ..
- Chikungunya virus, southeastern FranceMarc Grandadam
Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Emerg Infect Dis 17:910-3. 2011In September 2010, autochthonous transmission of chikungunya virus was recorded in southeastern France, where the Aedes albopictus mosquito vector is present...
- Chikungunya: a re-emerging virusFelicity J Burt
Department of Medical Microbiology and Virology, National Health Laboratory Services Universitas and University of the Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
Lancet 379:662-71. 2012..This Seminar focuses on the re-emergence of this disease, the clinical manifestations, pathogenesis of virus-induced arthralgia, diagnostic techniques, and various treatment modalities...
- Larval environmental temperature and the susceptibility of Aedes albopictus Skuse (Diptera: Culicidae) to Chikungunya virusCatherine J Westbrook
Florida Medical Entomology Laboratory, Department of Entomology and Nematology, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Vero Beach, Florida 32962, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 10:241-7. 2010A key feature in the recent widespread epidemic of the mosquito-borne alphavirus chikungunya virus (CHIKV) was the important role of Aedes albopictus, formerly regarded as a secondary vector, compared to the presumed primary vector Aedes ..
- Biology and pathogenesis of chikungunya virusOlivier Schwartz
Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, Paris 75724 Cedex 15, France
Nat Rev Microbiol 8:491-500. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a re-emerging mosquito-borne alphavirus responsible for a recent, unexpectedly severe epidemic in countries of the Indian Ocean region...
- Chikungunya: a potentially emerging epidemic?Michelle M Thiboutot
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e623. 2010b>Chikungunya virus is a mosquito-borne emerging pathogen that has a major health impact in humans and causes fever disease, headache, rash, nausea, vomiting, myalgia, and arthralgia...
- Chikungunya disease in nonhuman primates involves long-term viral persistence in macrophagesKarine Labadie
CEA, Division of Immuno Virology Institute of Emerging Diseases and Innovative Therapies, Fontenay aux Roses, France
J Clin Invest 120:894-906. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a mosquito-borne alphavirus that induces in humans a disease characterized by fever, rash, and pain in muscles and joints...
- Sequential adaptive mutations enhance efficient vector switching by Chikungunya virus and its epidemic emergenceKonstantin A Tsetsarkin
Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, Center for Tropical Diseases, and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002412. 2011The adaptation of Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) to a new vector, the Aedes albopictus mosquito, is a major factor contributing to its ongoing re-emergence in a series of large-scale epidemics of arthritic disease in many parts of the world ..
- Characterization of reemerging chikungunya virusMarion Sourisseau
Department of Virology, Unité Virus et Immunite, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 3:e89. 2007An unprecedented epidemic of chikungunya virus (CHIKV) infection recently started in countries of the Indian Ocean area, causing an acute and painful syndrome with strong fever, asthenia, skin rash, polyarthritis, and lethal cases of ..
- Persistent arthralgia induced by Chikungunya virus infection is associated with interleukin-6 and granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factorAngela Chow
Communicable Disease Centre, Singapore
J Infect Dis 203:149-57. 2011b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) infection induces arthralgia. The involvement of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines has been suggested, but very little is known about their secretion profile in CHIKV-infected patients.
- Influence of temperature on immature development, survival, longevity, fecundity, and gonotrophic cycles of Aedes albopictus, vector of chikungunya and dengue in the Indian OceanH Delatte
Research Unit 016, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, 7 chemin de l IRAT, 97410 Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
J Med Entomol 46:33-41. 2009..5 d). Those results are according to the field repartition of this species in La Réunion, allowing Ae. albopictus survival at a large range of temperatures...
- Outbreak of chikungunya on Reunion Island: early clinical and laboratory features in 157 adult patientsGianandrea Borgherini
Service de Pneumologie et Maladies Infectieuses, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
Clin Infect Dis 44:1401-7. 2007..Chikungunya is a reemerging disease. In 2005-2006, a severe outbreak occurred on Reunion Island in the southwestern part of the Indian Ocean. Other islands in this area were affected during the same period...
- Chikungunya virus emergence is constrained in Asia by lineage-specific adaptive landscapesKonstantin A Tsetsarkin
Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, Center for Tropical Diseases and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7872-7. 2011..However, lineage-specific restrictions on the adaptive processes remain largely unexplored. Recently, a Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) lineage of African origin emerged to cause major epidemics of severe, persistent, debilitating ..
- Chikungunya triggers an autophagic process which promotes viral replicationPascale Krejbich-Trotot
IRG, EA 4517, Immunopathology and Infection Research Grouping, CHR North Felix Guyon and University of La Reunion, St Denis, Ile de La Réunion, France
Virol J 8:432. 2011b>Chikungunya Virus (ChikV) surprised by a massive re-emerging outbreak in Indian Ocean in 2006, reaching Europe in 2007 and exhibited exceptional severe physiopathology in infants and elderly patients...
- Persistent chronic inflammation and infection by Chikungunya arthritogenic alphavirus in spite of a robust host immune responseJean Jacques Hoarau
Biology Unit, Centre Hospitalier Régional Nord Félix Guyon and Cyclotron Réunion Océan Indien, Universite de la Reunion, St Denis, France
J Immunol 184:5914-27. 2010Alphaviruses, including Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), produce a transient illness in humans, but severe forms leading to chronic incapacitating arthralgia/arthritis have been reported by mechanisms largely ill-characterized...
- Comparative role of Aedes albopictus and Aedes aegypti in the emergence of Dengue and Chikungunya in central AfricaChristophe Paupy
Organisation de Coordination pour la lutte contre les Endémies en Afrique Centrale OCEAC, Yaounde, Cameroun
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 10:259-66. 2010..albopictus and the recent emergence of dengue virus (DENV) and chikungunya virus (CHIKV), we undertook vector competence experiments on populations collected from Cameroon and conducted ..
- Genome microevolution of chikungunya viruses causing the Indian Ocean outbreakIsabelle Schuffenecker
Centre National de Référence des Arbovirus, Institut Pasteur, Lyon, France
PLoS Med 3:e263. 2006A chikungunya virus outbreak of unprecedented magnitude is currently ongoing in Indian Ocean territories. In Réunion Island, this alphavirus has already infected about one-third of the human population...
- Genome-scale phylogenetic analyses of chikungunya virus reveal independent emergences of recent epidemics and various evolutionary ratesSara M Volk
University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555 0609
J Virol 84:6497-504. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), a mosquito-borne alphavirus, has traditionally circulated in Africa and Asia, causing human febrile illness accompanied by severe, chronic joint pain...
- Chikungunya virus mobilizes the apoptotic machinery to invade host cell defensesPascale Krejbich-Trotot
GRI IRG Immunopathology and Infection Research Grouping, University of La Réunion, CYROI, 2 rue Maxime Rivière, 97491, Ste Clotilde, Reunion
FASEB J 25:314-25. 2011b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) surprised medical workers by a massive outbreak in the Indian Ocean region, reaching Europe in 2007, with exceptional pathologies in infants and elderly patients...
- Chikungunya virus arthritis in adult wild-type miceJoy Gardner
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health, Brisbane, Australia
J Virol 84:8021-32. 2010b>Chikungunya virus is a mosquito-borne arthrogenic alphavirus that has recently reemerged to produce the largest epidemic ever documented for this virus...
- Glycoprotein organization of Chikungunya virus particles revealed by X-ray crystallographyJames E Voss
Institut Pasteur, Departement de Virologie, Unité de Virologie Structurale, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Nature 468:709-12. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an emerging mosquito-borne alphavirus that has caused widespread outbreaks of debilitating human disease in the past five years...
- Sentinel surveillance system for early outbreak detection in MadagascarLaurence Randrianasolo
Unite d Epidemiologie, Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, République de Madagascar
BMC Public Health 10:31. 2010..We describe the challenges and steps involved in developing a sentinel surveillance system and the well-timed information it provides for improving public health decision-making...
- Entomologic and virologic investigation of Chikungunya, SingaporeLee Ching Ng
National Environment Agency, Singapore
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1243-9. 2009..These findings led to a revision of the current vector control strategy in Singapore. This report highlights the use of entomologic and virologic data to assist in the control of chikungunya in disease-endemic areas...
- Chikungunya virus and Aedes mosquitoes: saliva is infectious as soon as two days after oral infectionMathieu Dubrulle
Institut Pasteur, Génétique Moléculaire des Bunyavirus, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e5895. 2009Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus are potential vectors of chikungunya virus (CHIKV)...
- A virus-like particle vaccine for epidemic Chikungunya virus protects nonhuman primates against infectionWataru Akahata
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, US National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Med 16:334-8. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) has infected millions of people in Africa, Europe and Asia since this alphavirus reemerged from Kenya in 2004...
- Entomology. A mosquito goes globalMartin Enserink
Science 320:864-6. 2008
- Active infection of human blood monocytes by Chikungunya virus triggers an innate immune responseZhisheng Her
Singapore Immunology Network, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Biopolis, Singapore
J Immunol 184:5903-13. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an alphavirus that causes chronic and incapacitating arthralgia in humans. To date, interactions between the immune system and the different stages of the virus life cycle remain poorly defined...
- Impact of Chikungunya virus infection on health status and quality of life: a retrospective cohort studyMan Koumba Soumahoro
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Unité Mixte de Recherche en Santé 707, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7800. 2009Persistent symptoms, mainly joint and muscular pain and depression, have been reported several months after Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) infection...
- Two Chikungunya isolates from the outbreak of La Reunion (Indian Ocean) exhibit different patterns of infection in the mosquito, Aedes albopictusMarie Vazeille
Département de Virologie Chikungunya program, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 2:e1168. 2007..The implicated vector was Aedes albopictus. Here, we present the first study on the susceptibility of Ae. albopictus populations to sympatric CHIKV isolates from La Réunion Island and compare it to other virus/vector combinations...
- Chikungunya, an epidemic arbovirosisGilles Pialoux
Hopital Tenon, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris, France
Lancet Infect Dis 7:319-27. 2007..The virus was first isolated in 1953 in Tanzania. Chikungunya virus is a member of the genus Alphavirus and the family Togaviridae...
- Re-emergence of Chikungunya virus in South-east Asia: virological evidence from Sri Lanka and SingaporeH C Hapuarachchi
National Environment Agency, Environmental Health Institute, Singapore
J Gen Virol 91:1067-76. 2010..However, molecular epidemiological data to explain the recent spread and evolution of Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) in the Asian region are still limited...
- Wolbachia modulates Chikungunya replication in Aedes albopictusL Mousson
Institut Pasteur, Génétique Moléculaire des Bunyavirus, F 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Mol Ecol 19:1953-64. 2010The Aedes albopictus mosquito has been involved as the principal vector of recent major outbreaks due to the chikungunya virus (CHIKV). The species is naturally infected by two strains of Wolbachia (wAlbA and wAlbB)...
- IL-1beta, IL-6, and RANTES as biomarkers of Chikungunya severityLisa F P Ng
Singapore Immunology Network, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore
PLoS ONE 4:e4261. 2009Little is known about the immunopathogenesis of Chikungunya virus. Circulating levels of immune mediators and growth factors were analyzed from patients infected during the first Singaporean Chikungunya fever outbreak in early 2008 to ..
- Type I IFN controls chikungunya virus via its action on nonhematopoietic cellsClementine Schilte
Department of Immunology, Unité Immunobiologie des Cellules Dendritiques, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris, Cedex 15, France
J Exp Med 207:429-42. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is the causative agent of an outbreak that began in La Réunion in 2005 and remains a major public health concern in India, Southeast Asia, and southern Europe...
- Replication cycle of chikungunya: a re-emerging arbovirusMaxime Solignat
Universite Montpellier 1, Centre d Etudes d Agents Pathogenes et Biotechnologies pour la Sante CPBS, Montpellier, France
Virology 393:183-97. 2009..The 2005-2006 year unprecedented epidemics of chikungunya virus (CHIKV) in the French Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean, followed by several outbreaks in other parts of ..
- Changing patterns of chikungunya virus: re-emergence of a zoonotic arbovirusAnn M Powers
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3150 Rampart Road, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
J Gen Virol 88:2363-77. 2007
- Estimating Chikungunya prevalence in La Réunion Island outbreak by serosurveys: two methods for two critical times of the epidemicPatrick Gerardin
Centre d Investigation Clinique Epidémiologie Clinique de La Réunion, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre
BMC Infect Dis 8:99. 2008b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) caused a major two-wave seventeen-month-long outbreak in La Réunion Island in 2005-2006...
- [Aedes albopictus, vector of chikungunya and dengue viruses in Reunion Island: biology and control]H Delatte
UR 016, IRD, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier 5, France
Parasite 15:3-13. 2008b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) and dengue virus (DENV) are mosquito-borne viruses transmitted by the Aedes genus. Dengue is considered as the most important arbovirus disease throughout the World...
- The invaders: phylogeography of dengue and chikungunya viruses Aedes vectors, on the South West islands of the Indian OceanH Delatte
Laboratoire MIVEGEC IRD 224 CNRS 5290 University of Montpellier, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, Montpellier, France
Infect Genet Evol 11:1769-81. 2011....
- ISG15 is critical in the control of Chikungunya virus infection independent of UbE1L mediated conjugationScott W Werneke
Department of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002322. 2011b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a re-emerging alphavirus that has caused significant disease in the Indian Ocean region since 2005...
- Early appearance of neutralizing immunoglobulin G3 antibodies is associated with chikungunya virus clearance and long-term clinical protectionYiu Wing Kam
Singapore Immunology Network, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, Singapore
J Infect Dis 205:1147-54. 2012b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) and related arboviruses have been responsible for large epidemic outbreaks with serious economic and social impact...
- Chikungunya virus impacts the diversity of symbiotic bacteria in mosquito vectorKarima Zouache
Universite de Lyon, F 69622 Lyon, France
Mol Ecol 21:2297-309. 2012Mosquitoes transmit numerous arboviruses including dengue and chikungunya virus (CHIKV)...
- Antiviral treatment of chikungunya virus infectionXavier de Lamballerie
Unite des Virus Emergents, UMR190 IRD Université de la Méditerranée Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Marseille, Faculte de Medecine, Marseille, France
Infect Disord Drug Targets 9:101-4. 2009b>Chikungunya virus is a typical emerging virus which has been responsible for several million cases of human infections since 2004. No antiviral treatment is currently available...
- Chikungunya fever in Singapore: acute clinical and laboratory features, and factors associated with persistent arthralgiaM K Win
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng 308433, Singapore mar kyaw
J Clin Virol 49:111-4. 2010..During the initial outbreak period, a strict containment strategy was adopted and all chikungunya PCR-confirmed cases were isolated and hospitalised at the designated national outbreak management centre...
- Chikungunya virus induces IPS-1-dependent innate immune activation and protein kinase R-independent translational shutoffLaura K White
Oregon Health and Science University, Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, 505 NW 185th Ave, Portland, OR 97006, USA
J Virol 85:606-20. 2011b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an arthritogenic mosquito-transmitted alphavirus that is undergoing reemergence in areas around the Indian Ocean...
- Novel chikungunya vaccine candidate with an IRES-based attenuation and host range alteration mechanismKenneth Plante
Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002142. 2011b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a reemerging mosquito-borne pathogen that has recently caused devastating urban epidemics of severe and sometimes chronic arthralgia...
- Chikungunya: an emerging and spreading arthropod-borne viral diseaseFrancesca Cavrini
The Emilia Romagna Regional Reference Centre for Microbiological Emergencies CRREM Unit of Microbiology, St Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Infect Dev Ctries 3:744-52. 2009..Currently, Chikungunya is spreading in Southeast Asian aspects, clinical pictures, diagnosis and treatment of the disease caused by Chikungunya virus.
- Understanding the alphaviruses: recent research on important emerging pathogens and progress towards their controlE A Gould
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement UMR190 Unité des Virus Emergents, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Antiviral Res 87:111-24. 2010..their classification, epidemiology and evolutionary history and the expanding geographic distribution of Chikungunya virus, we review progress in understanding the structure and function of alphavirus replicative enzymes achieved ..
- Multidisciplinary prospective study of mother-to-child chikungunya virus infections on the island of La RéunionPatrick Gerardin
Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, pôle Mère Enfant, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
PLoS Med 5:e60. 2008An outbreak of chikungunya virus affected over one-third of the population of La Réunion Island between March 2005 and December 2006...
- Chikungunya virus nonstructural protein 2 inhibits type I/II interferon-stimulated JAK-STAT signalingJelke J Fros
Laboratory of Virology, Wageningen University, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB Wageningen, Netherlands
J Virol 84:10877-87. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an emerging human pathogen transmitted by mosquitoes...
- International diagnostic accuracy study for the serological detection of chikungunya virus infectionM Niedrig
Centre for Biological Safety ZBS 1, Robert Koch Institut, Berlin, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 15:880-4. 2009External quality assurance for serological detection of chikungunya virus infection was performed to assess the diagnostic quality of expert laboratories...
- Persistent arthralgia associated with chikungunya virus: a study of 88 adult patients on reunion islandGianandrea Borgherini
Service de Pneumologie et Maladies Infectieuses, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
Clin Infect Dis 47:469-75. 2008An outbreak of chikungunya virus infection occurred on Reunion Island during the period 2005-2006. Persistent arthralgia after chikungunya virus infection has been reported, but few studies have treated this aspect of the disease.
- Concurrent chikungunya and dengue virus infections during simultaneous outbreaks, Gabon, 2007Eric M Leroy
Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville, Franceville, Gabon
Emerg Infect Dis 15:591-3. 2009..Chikungunya or dengue-2 virus infections were identified in 321 patients; 8 patients had documented co-infections. Aedes albopictus was identified as the principal vector for the transmission of both viruses...
- Tracking epidemic Chikungunya virus into the Indian Ocean from East AfricaM Kariuki Njenga
International Emerging Infections Program Kenya, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nairobi, Kenya
J Gen Virol 89:2754-60. 2008The largest documented outbreak of Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) disease occurred in the Indian Ocean islands and India during 2004-2007...
- An animal model for studying the pathogenesis of chikungunya virus infectionSarah A Ziegler
Department of Pathology and Center for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0609, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 79:133-9. 2008Newborn and 14-day-old mice inoculated subcutaneously with chikungunya virus (CHIKV) developed lethargy, difficulty walking, dragging of hind limbs, and reduced weight gain within 7-10 days after infection (PI)...
- Chikungunya fever in travelers returning to Europe from the Indian Ocean region, 2006Marcus Panning
Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
Emerg Infect Dis 14:416-22. 2008..Soon after onset of symptoms, patients had IgG and IgM and high viral loads (some >10(9) copies/mL plasma). These data will help healthcare providers select diagnostic tests for returning travelers...
- Chikungunya virus in North-Eastern Italy: a seroprevalence surveyMaria Luisa Moro
Dipartimento di Sanita Pubblica, Universita degli Studi di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:508-11. 2010..Region (North-eastern Italy), a survey was performed to estimate the seroprevalence of antibody to Chikungunya virus and the proportion of asymptomatic infections, to identify factors associated with infection, and evaluate ..
- A mouse model for Chikungunya: young age and inefficient type-I interferon signaling are risk factors for severe diseaseThérèse Couderc
Groupe Microorganismes et Barrières de l Hôte, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS Pathog 4:e29. 2008b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a re-emerging arbovirus responsible for a massive outbreak currently afflicting the Indian Ocean region and India...
- Prophylaxis and therapy for Chikungunya virus infectionThérèse Couderc
Groupe Microorganismes et Barrières de l Hôte and Unité Interactions Moléculaires Flavivirus Hôtes, Centre National de Référence des Arbovirus, Institut Pasteur, INSERM, Avenir U604, and Universite Paris Descartes, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 200:516-23. 2009b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a recently reemerged arbovirus responsible for a massive outbreak of infection in the Indian Ocean region and India that has a very significant potential to spread globally because of the worldwide ..
- Complete nucleotide sequence of chikungunya virus and evidence for an internal polyadenylation siteAfjal Hossain Khan
Department of Virology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, 1 12 4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
J Gen Virol 83:3075-84. 2002In this study, the complete genomic sequence of chikungunya virus (CHIK; S27 African prototype) was determined and the presence of an internal polyadenylation [I-poly(A)] site was confirmed within the 3' non-translated region (NTR) of ..
- Tracing the path of Chikungunya virus--evolution and adaptationLee Ching Ng
Environmental Health Institute, National Environment Agency, 11, Biopolis Way, 06 05 08, Helios Block, Singapore 138667, Singapore
Infect Genet Evol 10:876-85. 2010..molecular and bioinformatics tools that have facilitated the tracing, tracking and dissection of the Chikungunya virus (CHIKV)...
- Differential responses of the mosquito Aedes albopictus from the Indian Ocean region to two chikungunya isolatesEstelle Martin
Génétique Moléculaire des Bunyavirus, Institut Pasteur, 25 28 Rue du Dr Roux, Paris Cedex 15, France
BMC Ecol 10:8. 2010Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus are both vectors of chikungunya virus (CHIKV). The two Aedes species co-exist in the Indian Ocean region and were involved in the 2005-2006 CHIKV outbreaks...
- Chikungunya fever in the United States: a fifteen year review of casesKatherine B Gibney
Arboviral Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:e121-6. 2011b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) represents a threat to the United States, because humans amplify CHIKV and vectors that transmit CHIKV are present.
- Chikungunya: a bending realityZhisheng Her
Singapore Immunology Network, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Immunos, Singapore
Microbes Infect 11:1165-76. 2009Chikungunya fever is an acute illness caused by the arbovirus Chikungunya virus. The virus is transmitted primarily in a sylvatic cycle involving the Aedes mosquitoes...
- Chikungunya virus, Cameroon, 2006Christophe N Peyrefitte
Institut de Medecine Tropicale du Service de Sante des Armees, Marseille, France
Emerg Infect Dis 13:768-71. 2007We report the isolation of chikungunya virus from a patient during an outbreak of a denguelike syndrome in Cameroon in 2006...
- Appearance of E1: A226V mutant Chikungunya virus in Coastal Karnataka, India during 2008 outbreakS R Santhosh
Division of Virology, Defence R and D Establishment DRDE, Jhansi Road, Gwalior, MP, PIN 474 002, India
Virol J 6:172. 2009..isolation, RT-PCR and genome sequencing revealed the presence and continued circulation of A226V mutant Chikungunya virus. The appearance of this mutant virus was found to be associated with higher prevalence of vector Aedes ..
- Outbreak of dengue and Chikungunya fevers, Toamasina, Madagascar, 2006Mahery Ratsitorahina
Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, Antananarivo, Madagascar
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1135-7. 2008..Aedes albopictus was the only potential vector collected. Of 4,242 randomly selected representative residents interviewed retrospectively, 67.5% reported a dengue-like syndrome during this period...
- Comparative full genome analysis revealed E1: A226V shift in 2007 Indian Chikungunya virus isolatesS R Santhosh
Division of Virology, Defence R and D Establishment, Gwalior, MP, India
Virus Res 135:36-41. 2008The resurgence of Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) in the form of unprecedented explosive epidemic after a gap of 32 years in India is a point of major public health concern...
- Post-epidemic Chikungunya disease on Reunion Island: course of rheumatic manifestations and associated factors over a 15-month periodDaouda Sissoko
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Cellule Interrégionale d Epidémiologie Réunion Mayotte, Direction Régionale des Affaires Sanitaires et Sociales, Saint Denis, La Reunion, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e389. 2009Although the acute manifestations of Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) illness are well-documented, few data exist about the long-term rheumatic outcomes of CHIKV-infected patients...
- Atypical Chikungunya virus infections: clinical manifestations, mortality and risk factors for severe disease during the 2005-2006 outbreak on RéunionA Economopoulou
Institute de Veille Sanitaire, France
Epidemiol Infect 137:534-41. 2009..During winter 2005, six patients developed meningoencephalitis and acute hepatitis due to Chikungunya virus. Our objectives were to determine the incidence and mortality of atypical Chikungunya viral infections and ..
- Transmission potential of chikungunya virus and control measures: the case of ItalyPiero Poletti
Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e18860. 2011During summer 2007 Italy has experienced an epidemic caused by Chikungunya virus - the first large outbreak documented in a temperate climate country - with approximately 161 laboratory confirmed cases concentrated in two bordering ..
- ChikungunyaAnn M Powers
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
Clin Lab Med 30:209-19. 2010b>Chikungunya virus is a zoonotic, vector-borne pathogen that has been responsible for numerous outbreaks of febrile arthralgia since its discovery in the early 1950s...
- Evaluation of recombinant E2 protein-based and whole-virus inactivated candidate vaccines against chikungunya virusManish Kumar
National Institute of Virology, Microbial Containment Complex, Sus Road, Pashan, Pune 411021, India
Vaccine 30:6142-9. 2012With the re-emergence of chikungunya virus (CHIKV) in an explosive form and in the absence of a commercially available vaccine, we aimed to develop candidate vaccines employing recombinant E2 protein or chemically inactivated whole virus.
- Biogeography of the two major arbovirus mosquito vectors, Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus (Diptera, Culicidae), in MadagascarFara Nantenaina Raharimalala
UMR CNRS 5557 Ecologie Microbienne, Universite Lyon 1, 43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, Villeurbanne Cedex 69622, France
Parasit Vectors 5:56. 2012..The objective of this work was to update the entomological survey of the two Aedes species in the island of Madagascar which has to face these arboviroses...
- Concurrent isolation of chikungunya virus and dengue virus from a patient with coinfection resulting from a trip to SingaporeShu Fen Chang
Research and Diagnostic Center, Centers for Disease Control, Department of Health, 161, Kun Yang Street, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Clin Microbiol 48:4586-9. 2010..cases of imported infection in patients who had returned to Taiwan from Singapore: one was coinfected with chikungunya virus and dengue virus type 2, and the other was infected with the same dengue virus...
- Chikungunya virus iridocyclitis in Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitisPadmamalini Mahendradas
Uveitis and Ocular Immunology Services, Narayana Nethralaya, Superspeciality Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology, 121 C, Chord Road, Rajajinagar, 1st R Block, Bangalore 560 010, Karnataka, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 58:545-7. 2010We are reporting a case of bilateral Fuchs' heterochromic iridocyclitis with chikungunya virus infection in the left eye...
- Vector control for the Chikungunya diseaseYves Dumont
CIRAD, UMR AMAP, Montpellier, F 34000, France
Math Biosci Eng 7:313-45. 2010..Based on new results on the Chikungunya virus, its impact on mosquito life-span, and several experiments done by health authorities, we studied several ..
- Surveillance of the chikungunya vector Aedes albopictus (Skuse) in Emilia-Romagna (northern Italy): organizational and technical aspects of a large scale monitoring systemMarco Carrieri
Medical and Veterinary Entomology, Centro Agricoltura Ambiente G Nicoli, Crevalcore BO, Italy
J Vector Ecol 36:108-16. 2011The chikungunya virus outbreak that occurred in 2007 in northern Italy (Emilia-Romagna region) prompted the development of a large scale monitoring system of the population density of Aedes albopictus (Skuse, 1894), comparable at the ..
- Chikungunya virus infection of cell lines: analysis of the East, Central and South African lineageNitwara Wikan
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
PLoS ONE 7:e31102. 2012b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a re-emerging mosquito borne alphavirus that has caused large scale epidemics in the countries around the Indian Ocean, as well as leading to autochthonous transmission in some European countries...
- Prospective study of Chikungunya virus acute infection in the Island of La Réunion during the 2005-2006 outbreakFrederik Staikowsky
Emergency Department, Pôle des Spécialités de l Urgence, Centre Hospitalier Régional de la Réunion, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7603. 2009b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a recently re-emerged arthropod borne virus responsible for a massive outbreak in the Indian Ocean and India, and extended to Southeast Asia as well as Italy...
- Chikungunya infection in India: results of a prospective hospital based multi-centric studyPratima Ray
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 7:e30025. 2012..A prospective multi-centric study was conducted to evaluate clinical, epidemiological and virological features of chikugunya infection in patients with acute febrile illness from various geographical regions of India...
- Chikungunya: an overviewA B Sudeep
National Institute of Virology, 20 A, Dr Ambedkar Road, Pune 411 001, India
J Biosci 33:443-9. 2008..This review describes CHIK in general and highlights the various clinico-pathological aspects observed during the recent outbreak...
- Early neutralizing IgG response to Chikungunya virus in infected patients targets a dominant linear epitope on the E2 glycoproteinYiu Wing Kam
Singapore Immunology Network, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, Biopolis, Singapore
EMBO Mol Med 4:330-43. 2012b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) and related arboviruses have been responsible for large epidemic outbreaks with serious economic and social impact. The immune mechanisms, which control viral multiplication and dissemination, are not yet known...
- Acute Chikungunya and persistent musculoskeletal pain following the 2006 Indian epidemic: a 2-year prospective rural community studyA Chopra
Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Epidemiol Infect 140:842-50. 2012b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) data from population studies are sparse...
- Hypokalemic paralysis following Chikungunya fever- Rampal
J Assoc Physicians India 55:598. 2007
- Concurrent outbreaks of Chikungunya and Dengue fever in Kandy, Sri Lanka, 2006-07: a comparative analysis of clinical and laboratory featuresS A M Kularatne
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Peradeniya University, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Postgrad Med J 85:342-6. 2009..To compare the clinical and laboratory features of confirmed cases of Chikungunya and Dengue fever; to validate the clinical diagnosis based on serology...
- Immuno-biology of Chikungunya and implications for disease interventionYiu Wing Kam
Singapore Immunology Network, Agency for Science, Technology and Research, 8A Biomedical Grove, Biopolis, Singapore
Microbes Infect 11:1186-96. 2009..This review discusses what is currently known on the immuno-biology of Chikungunya and areas that will be important for the development of immune-based antiviral control strategies...
- Chikungunya outbreak, South India, 2006Prabhdeep Kaur
National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai, India
Emerg Infect Dis 14:1623-5. 2008..Transmission was facilitated by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes in peridomestic water containers, as indicated by a high Breteau index. We recommended vector control measures and health education to promote safe water storage practices...
- Geographic and ecological distribution of the dengue and chikungunya virus vectors Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus in three major Cameroonian townsB Kamgang
Unité de Recherche Caractérisation et Contrôle des populations de Vecteurs CCPV, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, Montpellier, France
Med Vet Entomol 24:132-41. 2010..aegypti tended to breed in containers located in environments with a high density of buildings. These findings may have important implications for vector control strategies...
- Presence of the A226V mutation in autochthonous and imported Italian chikungunya virus strainsLicia Bordi
Clin Infect Dis 47:428-9. 2008
- A serological study of Chikungunya virus transmission in Yogyakarta, Indonesia: evidence for the first outbreak since 1982Kevin R Porter
Viral Diseases Program, US Naval Medical Research Unit No 2, Jakarta, Indonesia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 35:408-15. 2004A study of epidemic transmission of Chikungunya virus (CHIK) was initiated in April 1999 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Three hundred seventeen volunteers from three kelurahans (sub-districts) were recruited...
- Host immune response to mosquito-transmitted chikungunya virus differs from that elicited by needle inoculated virusSaravanan Thangamani
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12137. 2010..In this report, we compared host immune responses to chikungunya virus (CHIKV) transmission by (1) mosquito bite, or (2) by needle inoculation.
- Clinical progression of chikungunya fever during acute and chronic arthritic stages and the changes in joint morphology as revealed by imagingSathya Prakash Manimunda
Regional Medical Research Centre RMRC ICMR, Post Bag No 13, Dollygunj, Port Blair 744101, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 104:392-9. 2010..The study proves with relative certainty that CHIK arthritis is chronic inflammatory erosive arthritis, which has implications for management of the infection...
- Endocytosis of chikungunya virus into mammalian cells: role of clathrin and early endosomal compartmentsEric Bernard
Centre d Etudes d Agents Pathogenes et Biotechnologies pour la Sante CPBS, CNRS UMR5236, Universite Montpellier 1, 2, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 5:e11479. 2010The replicative cycle of chikungunya virus (CHIKV), an alphavirus that recently re-emerged in India and in Indian Ocean area, remains mostly unknown...
- Chikungunya virus of Asian and Central/East African genotypes in MalaysiaI Ching Sam
Tropical Infectious Diseases Research and Education Centre, Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Clin Virol 46:180-3. 2009b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) of the Central/East African genotype has caused large outbreaks worldwide in recent years...
- Inhibition of Chikungunya virus infection in cultured human muscle cells by furin inhibitors: impairment of the maturation of the E2 surface glycoproteinSimona Ozden
Unité d Epidémiologie et Physiopathologie des Virus Oncogènes, CNRS URA 3015, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 283:21899-908. 2008b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a mosquito-transmitted Alphavirus that causes in humans an acute infection characterized by polyarthralgia, fever, myalgia, and headache...
- Host alternation of chikungunya virus increases fitness while restricting population diversity and adaptability to novel selective pressuresLark L Coffey
Institut Pasteur, Viral Populations and Pathogenesis, CNRS URA 3015, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Virol 85:1025-35. 2011The mechanisms by which RNA arboviruses, including chikungunya virus (CHIKV), evolve and maintain the ability to infect vertebrate and invertebrate hosts are poorly understood...
- Mucocutaneous features of Chikungunya fever: a study from an outbreak in West Bengal, IndiaDebabrata Bandyopadhyay
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy, RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata, India
Int J Dermatol 47:1148-52. 2008..Chikungunya fever (CF) epidemic has recently re-emerged in India on a large scale affecting many parts of the country. We have reviewed the mucocutaneous manifestations of the disease in a number of cases...
- Blood-feeding behavior of Aedes albopictus, a vector of Chikungunya on La RéunionHelene Delatte
Research Unit 016, Institut de recherche pour le developpement IRD, Saint Pierre, France
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 10:249-58. 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) has long been considered to be transmitted to humans by the human-biting mosquito Aedes aegypti, especially in Africa...
- Hospital - Based Surveillance of Acute Febrile Illness in Western Ghat Region ofARUNKUMAR GOVINDAKARNAVAR; Fiscal Year: 2013..and Viruses ( KFD, Dengue, Japanese Encephalitis, West Nile Virus, Chikungunya virus, Tick borne Encephalitis virus, Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever virus, Influenza viruses, Respiratory ..
- Determining Molecular Mechanisms of Chikungunya Virulence and AttenuationKATHERINE D RYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an arbovirus, transmitted between human and non-human primates by the bite of an infected ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ALPHAVIRUS ENTRY AND EXITMargaret Kielian; Fiscal Year: 2013..These viruses include important human pathogens such as the encephalitic alphaviruses and chikungunya virus, and the flaviviruses dengue, yellow fever, and West Nile virus...
- Evaluation of the Effects of Chikungunya N-linked Glycosylation on PathogenesisCHARLES EDWIN MCGEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is significant public health concern;recently characterized genetic adaptation has allowed this ..
- Development of a Novel, Chimeric Chikungunya VaccineRichard Kinney; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), an emerging, mosquito-borne alphavirus and potential biological weapon that has caused debilitating and often chronic arthralgia in at least 2 million persons during the past 2 years, was recently placed on ..
- Chimeric Alphavirus Vaccines for ChikungunyaScott C Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), is an emerging, mosquito-borne alphavirus and potential biological weapon that has caused debilitating, chronic arthralgia in at least 2 million persons in Asia and Africa since 2005...
- A novel DNA-launched live attenuated Chikungunya vaccinePETER M PUSHKO; Fiscal Year: 2012..goal of this application is the design, production and evaluation of a conceptually novel vaccine against Chikungunya virus (CHIKV). We propose a novel technology of "infectious" DNA (i-DNA) as CHIKV vaccine...
- Pathogenesis of Arthritis and Myositis-Associated AlphavirusesThomas E Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2010Mosquito-transmitted alphaviruses, such as chikungunya virus (CHIKV) and Ross River virus (RRV), cause debilitating inflammation of joint and skeletal muscle tissue in people worldwide...
- TRIM Interactions with Arthritic AlphavirusesMark T Heise; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Arthritic alphaviruses, such as Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) and Ross River virus (RRV) cause severe acute and persistent arthritis and myositis in infected humans and are significant emerging disease ..
- The Role of RNA Interference in West Nile Virus DiversificationDouglas E Brackney; Fiscal Year: 2010..The recent epidemics of West Nile virus in North America and chikungunya virus (CHIKV) in the Eastern hemisphere highlight the potential for other arbovirus such as dengue virus (DENV) ..
- Naturally occurring human antibodies to alphavirus infectionChristopher F Basler; Fiscal Year: 2013..whereas MAY virus causes recurrent incapacitating arthralgias that can last several months, similar to Chikungunya virus. Completion of this study will generate the first naturally- occurring human antibodies to VEE and MAY virus,..
- Novel Vaccine Technology for ChikungunyaScott C Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) recently emerged from Africa into an urban human-mosquito cycle to cause millions of cases of highly debilitating, often chronic arthralgic disease...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF ALPHAVIRUS MEMBRANE FUSION PROTEINMargaret Kielian; Fiscal Year: 2013..Alphaviruses and flaviviruses include important human pathogens such as the encephalitic alphaviruses and chikungunya virus, and the flaviviruses dengue, yellow fever, and West Nile virus...
- Antibody Based Therapeuticcs for Chikungunya VirusMichael S Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is a mosquito-transmitted, single-stranded RNA alphavirus of the Togaviridae family that causes explosive epidemics of a severe febrile illness characterized by debilitating ..
- Structural studies of TogavirusesMichael G Rossmann; Fiscal Year: 2013..Among alphaviruses, Chikungunya virus is a major world health concern because of its recent re-emergence in Asia and Africa...
- Mechanisms of Chikungunya Virus Binding and EntryLAURIE SILVA; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an emerging mosquito-borne alphavirus responsible for recent major outbreaks of polyarthralgia in countries of the Indian Ocean region...
- Persistent chikungunya virus infection and diseaseThomas E Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), an NIAID category C priority pathogen, causes incapacitating musculoskeletal disease in humans characterized by an impaired ability to ambulate and intense pain in the ..
- Massively parallel sequencing of the diapause transcriptome in Aedes albopictusChristine Elsik; Fiscal Year: 2010..albopictus (Skuse), is an important vector of dengue fever and also efficiently transmits yellow fever, chikungunya virus and several native North American arboviruses...
- Community diversity and parasite dynamicsTODD PHILIP LIVDAHL; Fiscal Year: 2012..mosquitoes, which are vectors of numerous diseases in humans, including several encephalitis viruses, Chikungunya virus, yellow fever, dengue, and West Nile virus...
- B Cell Epitope Discovery: Dengue, Hepatitis C, Ebola, and Chikungunya virusesBENJAMIN DORANZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..This contract will identify b cell epitopes for Dengue virus, Hepatitis C virus, Ebola virus, and Chikungunya virus.
- B Cell Epitope Discovery: Dengue, Hepatitis C, Ebola, and Chikungunya virusesBENJAMIN DORANZ; Fiscal Year: 2011..This contract will identify b cell epitopes for Dengue virus, Hepatitis C virus, Ebola virus, and Chikungunya virus.
- B Cell Epitope Discovery: Dengue, Hepatitis C, Ebola, and Chikungunya virusesPeter Palese; Fiscal Year: 2009..This contract will identify b cell epitopes for Dengue virus, Hepatitis C virus, Ebola virus, and Chikungunya virus.
- B Cell Epitope Discovery: Dengue, Hepatitis C, Ebola, and Chikungunya virusesBENJAMIN DORANZ; Fiscal Year: 2010
- B Cell Epitope Discovery: Dengue, Hepatitis C, Ebola, and Chikungunya virusesBENJAMIN DORANZ; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Development of Chimeric Vesiculo/Alphaviruses as an Alphavirus VaccineJohn K Rose; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): There is major public health concern about the continuing spread of alphaviruses such as chikungunya virus (CHIKV) that has caused major epidemics spreading from Africa and Southeast Asia to Europe...
- EPIDEMIC CHIKUNGUNYA VIRUS: MOSQUITO INFECTION DETERMINANTSStephen Higgs; Fiscal Year: 2009..It builds upon our groups unusual expertise on chikungunya virus (CHIKV), a virus that has recently caused over 255,000 human cases in La Reunion, over 100,000 cases in ..
- Predicting vector-borne virus transmission dynamics and emergence potentialCHRISTOPHER MORES; Fiscal Year: 2013..the urgent public health problem of the emergence/re-emergence of dengue and similar viruses, such as chikungunya virus, in the continental US...
- The Role of Mosquito Saliva in Chikungunya Virus Transmission and DisseminationSaravanan Thangamani; Fiscal Year: 2013..Disease caused by chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an excellent example of globalization of a vector-borne disease, and is transmitted primarily by ..
- Development of a safe and effective chikungunya virus vaccineDanher Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..bent walker," reflecting the physique of a person suffering from the severe joint pain associated with a chikungunya virus (CHIKV) infection...
- Improved Vaccines for Rift Valley Fever VirusMark T Heise; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ECOLOGY AND GENETICS OF VENEZUELAN EQUINE ENCEPHALITISScott Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will be invaluable in targeting prevention and control resources, especially for obtaining maximum benefit in developing countries with limited resources. ..
- TOGAVIRUS TROPISM FOR BONES, JOINTS, AND CNSMark T Heise; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Arbovirus Evasion of Type I Interferon InductionMark Heise; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MEASLES VACCINES--IMMUNE RESPONSES AND ATYPICAL MEASLESDiane Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- 2007 Viruses & Cells Gordon ConferenceDiane Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Immune Responses During Measles Virus InfectionDiane Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2007..3. To determine the roles of different CD4 and CD8 T cell populations in production of cytokines at various times during measles and the effect of concurrent HIV infection on these roles. ..
- Infectious Diseases of the Nervous System: Pathogenesis and Worldwide ImpactDiane Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACUTE ALPHAVIRAL ENCEPHALITISDiane Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Salivary Potentiation of Arboviral InfectionsStephen Higgs; Fiscal Year: 2004..This knowledge may contribute towards the development of a mouse model for human dengue infections. ..
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF EPIDEMIC ALPHAVIRUS TRANSMISSIONStephen Higgs; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- A Drosophila model of Batten DiseaseRobert Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2004..The specific aims of the proposal are: 1. Determine the phenotypic consequences of removing DmPPT1 function by gene mutation. 2. Determine the phenotypic consequences of disrupting DmPPT1 function by RNA interference. ..