Summary: A species of AVIPOXVIRUS, subfamily CHORDOPOXVIRINAE. Canarypox virus vectors are used in vaccine and immunotherapy research.
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- Canarypox vaccines induce antigen-specific human gammadelta T cells capable of interferon-gamma productionS Worku
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Infect Dis 184:525-32. 2001Induction of human gammadelta T cells was investigated in subjects who were vaccinated with live recombinant canarypox virus expressing human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) proteins or soluble MN rgp120...
- Efficacy of a canarypox virus-vectored vaccine against feline leukaemiaH Poulet
Merial, Laboratoire de Lyon Gerland, 254 rue Marcel Merieux, 69007 Lyon, France
Vet Rec 153:141-5. 2003b>Canarypox virus recombinant vaccines have a unique efficacy and safety profile for the vaccinated host because the canarypox virus is non-replicative in mammalian hosts...
- Phase 2 study of an HIV-1 canarypox vaccine (vCP1452) alone and in combination with rgp120: negative results fail to trigger a phase 3 correlates trialNina D Russell
Program in Infectious Diseases, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:203-12. 2007..We conducted a phase 2 trial to determine if a canarypox vaccine candidate (vCP1452) administered with rgp120 subunit protein would "qualify" for a trial to define a correlate of efficacy...
- DNA immunization with hepatitis C virus (HCV) polycistronic genes or immunization by HCV DNA priming-recombinant canarypox virus boosting induces immune responses and protection from recombinant HCV-vaccinia virus infection in HLA-A2.1-transgenic micePreeti Pancholi
Laboratory of Virology, Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute of the New York Blood Center, New York 10021, USA
J Virol 77:382-90. 2003..1-transgenic mice. Immune responses to HCV DNA prime and recombinant canarypox virus boost were also studied with the above constructs...
- Recombinant canarypox virus vaccine co-expressing genes encoding the VP2 and VP5 outer capsid proteins of bluetongue virus induces high level protection in sheepJosh D Boone
Equine Viral Disease Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Vaccine 25:672-8. 2007We describe the development and preliminary characterization of a recombinant canarypox virus vectored vaccine for protective immunization of ruminants against bluetongue virus (BTV) infection...
- Protective immunization of horses with a recombinant canarypox virus vectored vaccine co-expressing genes encoding the outer capsid proteins of African horse sickness virusAlan J Guthrie
Equine Research Centre, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X04, Onderstepoort 0110, South Africa
Vaccine 27:4434-8. 2009We describe the development and preliminary characterization of a recombinant canarypox virus vectored (ALVAC) vaccine for protective immunization of equids against African horse sickness virus (AHSV) infection...
- An African horse sickness virus serotype 4 recombinant canarypox virus vaccine elicits specific cell-mediated immune responses in horsesH El Garch
MERIAL S A S, R and D, Lyon, France
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 149:76-85. 2012A recombinant canarypox virus vectored vaccine co-expressing synthetic genes encoding outer capsid proteins, VP2 and VP5, of African horse sickness virus (AHSV) serotype 4 (ALVAC(®)-AHSV4) has been demonstrated to fully protect horses ..
- Protection from challenge following administration of a canarypox virus-vectored recombinant feline leukemia virus vaccine in cats previously vaccinated with a killed virus vaccineDeborah A Grosenbaugh
Merial Ltd, 115 Transtech Dr, Athens, GA 30601, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 228:726-7. 2006..of an adjuvanted, chemically inactivated, whole FeLV (FeLV-k) vaccine with protection obtained following administration of 1 dose of an FeLV-k vaccine followed by 1 dose of a canarypox virus-vectored recombinant FeLV (rCP-FeLV) vaccine.
- Direct comparison of antigen production and induction of apoptosis by canarypox virus- and modified vaccinia virus ankara-human immunodeficiency virus vaccine vectorsXiugen Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Virol 81:7022-33. 2007..Avipoxviruses, such as canarypox virus, are replication deficient in mammalian cells by virtue of a poorly understood species-specific restriction...
- Immunization with type 5 adenovirus recombinant for a tumor antigen in combination with recombinant canarypox virus (ALVAC) cytokine gene delivery induces destruction of established prostate tumorsB D Elzey
Department of Microbiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 55242, USA
Int J Cancer 94:842-9. 2001....
- Safety of intravenous administration of a canarypox virus encoding the human wild-type p53 gene in colorectal cancer patientsAnand G Menon
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Gene Ther 10:509-17. 2003..Therefore, p53 represents an attractive target antigen for immunotherapy. We assessed the safety of a canarypox virus encoding the human wild-type p53 gene given intravenously to end-stage colorectal cancer patients in a three-..
- Monoclonal anti-MAGE-3 CTL responses in melanoma patients displaying tumor regression after vaccination with a recombinant canarypox virusVaios Karanikas
Cellular Genetics Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology, Universite de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 171:4898-904. 2003..Taken together, our analysis of anti-MAGE-3.A1 T cell responses following peptide or ALVAC vaccination shows a degree of correlation between CTL response and tumor regression, but firm conclusions will require larger numbers...
- The genome of canarypox virusE R Tulman
Plum Island Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Greenport, New York 11944, USA
J Virol 78:353-66. 2004Here we present the genomic sequence, with analysis, of a canarypox virus (CNPV). The 365-kbp CNPV genome contains 328 potential genes in a central region and in 6.5-kbp inverted terminal repeats...
- Immunization of colorectal carcinoma patients with a recombinant canarypox virus expressing the tumor antigen Ep-CAM/KSA (ALVAC-KSA) and granulocyte macrophage colony- stimulating factor induced a tumor-specific cellular immune responseGustav J Ullenhag
Department of Oncology, Radiology and Clinical Immunology, Section of Oncology, Uppsala University Hospital, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 9:2447-56. 2003..Expression of the tumor antigen in a viral vector may facilitate appropriate antigen presentation. The feasibility of an Ep-CAM/KSA-specific therapeutic vaccination was investigated in cancer patients...
- Comparison of systemic and mucosal delivery of 2 canarypox virus vaccines expressing either HIV-1 genes or the gene for rabies virus G proteinPeter F Wright
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1221-31. 2004..routes of human immunodeficiency type 1 (HIV-1) infection are across mucosal barriers, a randomized trial of canarypox virus-based vectors was conducted in 84 individuals, with delivery of vaccine by mucosal routes, and was ..
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) seropositivity among uninfected HIV vaccine recipientsMarta Louise Ackers
HIV Vaccine Section, Epidemiology Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 187:879-86. 2003..The potential for vaccine recipients being misclassified as HIV infected increased with vaccine complexity...
- Immunogenicity of a recombinant human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-canarypox vaccine in HIV-seronegative Ugandan volunteers: results of the HIV Network for Prevention Trials 007 Vaccine StudyH Cao
California Department of Health Services, Viral and Rickettsial Disease Laboratory, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
J Infect Dis 187:887-95. 2003..Although the immunogenicity of this clade B-based vaccine was low, ALVAC-HIV elicited CD8(+) T cell responses with detectable cross-activity against clade A and D antigens in a significant proportion of vaccine recipients...
- Serologic responses after vaccination of fennec foxes (Vulpes zerda) and meerkats (Suricata suricatta) with a live, canarypox-vectored canine distemper virus vaccineRob L Coke
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 36:326-30. 2005..A commercially available monovalent, live, canarypox-vectored CDV vaccine induced neutralizing antibody titers that were maintained for at least a year in both fennec foxes and meerkats...
- The Canarypox-virus vaccine vector ALVAC triggers the release of IFN-gamma by Natural Killer (NK) cells enhancing Th1 polarizationElizabeth J Ryan
Sanofi Pasteur, Campus Merieux, 1541 Avenue Marcel Merieux, 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France
Vaccine 25:3380-90. 2007..Therefore, we conclude that ALVAC acts as an adjuvant through a mechanism requiring NK cell derived IFN-gamma, DC activation and chemokine secretion...
- The anamnestic serologic response to vaccination with a canarypox virus-vectored recombinant West Nile virus (WNV) vaccine in horses previously vaccinated with an inactivated WNV vaccineD A Grosenbaugh
Merial Limited, 115 Transtech Drive, Athens, GA, 30601, USA
Vet Ther 5:251-7. 2004..In this study we demonstrate that vaccination of horses with a canarypox-vectored recombinant vaccine, under field conditions, results in a marked anamnestic response in horses previously vaccinated with an inactivated WNV vaccine...
- Binding of antibodies to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)-infected lymphocytes elicited by vaccines and by natural infectionGeoffrey J Gorse
St Louis Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Vaccine 22:383-97. 2004..Vaccine recipients received recombinant canarypox virus vaccine expressing HIV-1 gene products, and SF-2 recombinant gp120 subunit vaccine...
- Tumoral and immunologic response after vaccination of melanoma patients with an ALVAC virus encoding MAGE antigens recognized by T cellsNicolas van Baren
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 74 avenue Hippocrate, UCL7459, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium E mail
J Clin Oncol 23:9008-21. 2005..antitumoral effectiveness, and immunogenicity of repeated vaccinations with ALVAC miniMAGE-1/3, a recombinant canarypox virus containing a minigene encoding antigenic peptides MAGE-3(168-176) and MAGE-1(161-169), which are presented by ..
- Therapeutic immunization with a human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1-recombinant canarypox vaccine in chronically HIV-infected patients: The Vacciter Study (ANRS 094)Roland Tubiana
Departement des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, INSERM E0214, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Vaccine 23:4292-301. 2005..Detection of such LPR response at the time of treatment interruption was significantly associated with the probability of remaining off therapy. These results provide rationale for future randomized trials exploring this strategy...
- The human immunodeficiency virus preventive vaccine research at the French National Agency for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome researchElizabeth Fischer
Agence Nationale de Recherches sur le SIDA, 101 rue de Tolbiac, 75013 Paris, France
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 100:79-84. 2005..These approaches promptly allowed the assessment of a prime-boost strategy combining a viral vector and lipopeptides...
- Pseudovirion particle production by live poxvirus human immunodeficiency virus vaccine vector enhances humoral and cellular immune responsesXuemin Chen
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, D 7235 MCN, Nashville, TN 37232 2581, USA
J Virol 79:5537-47. 2005..These results demonstrate that pseudovirion particle production by live-vector HIV vaccines enhances HIV-specific cellular and humoral immune responses...
- Efficacy of a canarypox-vectored recombinant vaccine expressing the hemagglutinin gene of equine influenza H3N8 virus in the protection of ponies from viral challengeJules M Minke
Merial SAS, 254 rue Marcel Merieux, Lyon, 69007, France
Am J Vet Res 68:213-9. 2007....
- Expression of vaccinia E3L and K3L genes by a novel recombinant canarypox HIV vaccine vector enhances HIV-1 pseudovirion production and inhibits apoptosis in human cellsZ Y Fang
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232-2581, USA
Virology 291:272-84. 2001..The addition of immunomodulatory genes to attenuated poxviruses represents a novel strategy for enhancing antigen production by live vector HIV vaccine candidates...
- Recombinant canarypox vaccine-elicited CTL specific for dominant and subdominant simian immunodeficiency virus epitopes in rhesus monkeysSampa Santra
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 168:1847-53. 2002..In this study, the ability of a recombinant canarypox virus expressing SIV Gag-Pol-Env (ALVAC/SIV gag-pol-env) was assessed for its ability to elicit both dominant and ..
- Optimism is growing as researchers move toward an AIDS vaccineM I Johnston
National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Bethesda, MD, USA
AIDS Alert 16:137-41. 2001..Researchers and public health officials say they are more optimistic than ever about the possibility of bringing an AIDS vaccine to market...
- Phase I study of the intratumoral administration of recombinant canarypox viruses expressing B7.1 and interleukin 12 in patients with metastatic melanomaPierre L Triozzi
The University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4168-75. 2005..1, encoded by a vector derived from the canarypox virus, ALVAC (ALVAC-B7...
- The influence of granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor and prior chemotherapy on the immunological response to a vaccine (ALVAC-CEA B7.1) in patients with metastatic carcinomaM von Mehren
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:1181-91. 2001..ALVAC-CEA B7.1 is a canarypox virus encoding the gene for the tumor-associated antigen carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and for a T-cell ..
- Molecular biological characterization of avian poxvirus strains isolated from different avian speciesGiovanni Manarolla
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Igiene e Sanita Pubblica Veterinaria, Via Celoria 10, 20133 Milano, Italy
Vet Microbiol 140:1-8. 2010..Sequencing of these amplicons confirmed most strains clustered either with Fowlpox virus or with Canarypox virus whereas a possible new clade could be hypothesized for one strain from Japanese quail...
- HIV type 1 vaccine-induced T cell memory and cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses in HIV type 1-uninfected volunteersG J Gorse
St Louis Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63106, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 17:1175-89. 2001..antigens and anti-HIV-1 cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) activity were assessed after administration of live canarypox virus (ALVAC) expressing HIV-1 env, gag, and protease (vCP205) vaccine given alone, vCP205 given with SF-2 ..
- Cross-protection against mucosal simian immunodeficiency virus (SIVsm) challenge in human immunodeficiency virus type 2-vaccinated cynomolgus monkeysL Walther-Jallow
Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control and Microbiology and Tumour Biology Centre, Karolinska Institute, SE 17182 Solna, Sweden
J Gen Virol 82:1601-12. 2001..vaccine alone versus boosting with live non-pathogenic HIV-2 following priming with ALVAC HIV-2 (recombinant canarypox virus expressing HIV-2 env, gag and pol)...
- Functions of Anti-MAGE T-cells induced in melanoma patients under different vaccination modalitiesThierry Connerotte
de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Department of Physiology and Immunology, Medical School of Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Res 68:3931-40. 2008..of melanoma patients vaccinated with a MAGE-A3 peptide presented by HLA-A1, administered as peptide, ALVAC canarypox virus containing a MAGE-A3 minigene, or peptide-pulsed dendritic cells (DC)...
- Vaccine-induced cytotoxic T lymphocytes against human immunodeficiency virus type 1 using two complementary in vitro stimulation strategiesG J Gorse
St Louis Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, MO, USA
Vaccine 18:835-49. 1999..and/or fourth immunization timepoints from 23 healthy, uninfected adult volunteers, of whom 19 received a canarypox virus vaccine expressing HIV-1 env, gag, pol, nef and protease gene products (vCP300) with or without injections of ..
- Short communication: Long-term persistence of vaccine-induced HIV seropositivity among healthy volunteersBenjamin Silbermann
AP HP, Groupe Hospitalier Cochin Saint Vincent De Paul, CIC de vaccinologie Cochin Pasteur, Pôle de médecine, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:1445-8. 2008..of HIV humoral-induced responses was assessed in 72 volunteers who had received rgp160 and/or HIV recombinant canarypox virus constructs able to induce immune responses detectable using standard serological tests...
- Humoral immunity targeting site I of antigenic domain 2 of glycoprotein B upon immunization with different cytomegalovirus candidate vaccinesFredrika Axelsson
Department of Immunotechnology, Lund University, BMC D13, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
Vaccine 26:41-6. 2007..the extent to which different vaccines, attenuated live Towne vaccine with or without priming with a canarypox virus coding for gB, or a recombinant gB vaccine adjuvanted with MF59, induced antibodies to this epitope...
- Innate immune recognition of poxviral vaccine vectorsErin L Lousberg
Experimental Therapeutics Laboratory, Hanson Institute, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, SA, 5000, Australia
Expert Rev Vaccines 10:1435-49. 2011..virus strains such as modified vaccinia Ankara and NYVAC as well as the avipox viruses, fowlpox virus and canarypox virus. Despite the empirical development of poxvirus-based vectored vaccines, it is only now becoming apparent that ..
- Clinical research. A setback and an advance on the AIDS vaccine frontJon Cohen
Science 300:28-9. 2003
- Correlation between tumor regression and T cell responses in melanoma patients vaccinated with a MAGE antigenChristophe Lonchay
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Brussels Branch of Human Cell Genetics, Universite de Louvain, 74 avenue Hippocrate, UCL 7459, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14631-8. 2004..It is possible that even those CTL responses that are below our present detection level can trigger a sequence of events that leads to tumor regression...
- Fine specificity of anti-V3 antibodies induced in chimpanzees by HIV candidate vaccinesE Coeffier
Unité de Biologie des Régulations Immunitaires, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 14:1023-34. 1998..Two chimpanzees immunized with the recombinant canarypox virus ALVAC-HIV (vCP125) expressing gp160MN and boosted with purified gp160MN/LAI alone, then with both immunogens ..
- Genetic screen of a mutant poxvirus library identifies an ankyrin repeat protein involved in blocking induction of avian type I interferonStephen M Laidlaw
Section of Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, St Mary s Campus, London, United Kingdom
J Virol 87:5041-52. 2013..fpv012, a member of a family of poxvirus genes highly expanded in the avipoxviruses (31 in FWPV; 51 in canarypox virus [CNPV], representing 15% of the total gene complement), encoding proteins containing N-terminal ankyrin ..
- Nonreplicating vectors in HIV vaccinesJennifer A Johnson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center cHarvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 8:412-20. 2013..We review the broad spectrum of nonreplicating viral vectors which have been studied extensively, from preclinical studies through clinical efficacy trials, and include some of our most promising HIV vaccine candidates...
- Canarypox virus expressing infectious bursal disease VP2 protein as immunogen for chickensFlavia Adriana Zanetti
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
Braz J Microbiol 45:231-4. 2014..These viruses were able to express VP2 protein in vitro and to induce IBDV-neutralizing antibodies when inoculated in specific pathogen-free chickens demonstrating that CNPV platform is usefulness to develop immunogens for chickens. ..
- Two families of rep-like genes that probably originated by interspecies recombination are represented in viral, plasmid, bacterial, and parasitic protozoan genomesMark J Gibbs
Mol Biol Evol 23:1097-100. 2006..quot; Other members of the RecRep1 family were Rep-like genes found in the genomes of the Canarypox virus, Entamoeba histolytica, and Giardia duodenalis and in a plasmid, p4M, from the Gram-positive bacterium, ..
- Recombinant nipah virus vaccines protect pigs against challengeHana M Weingartl
NCFAD, CFIA, 1015 Arlington St, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3M4, Canada
J Virol 80:7929-38. 2006..Consequently, a swine vaccine able to abolish virus shedding is of veterinary and human health interest. Canarypox virus-based vaccine vectors carrying the gene for NiV glycoprotein (ALVAC-G) or the fusion protein (ALVAC-F) were ..
- [Antitumor vaccines: conception, development and evaluation in humans]Ph Moingeon
Aventis Pasteur, Département de Recherche et Développement, Campus Merieux, 1541 Avenue Marcel Merieux, F 69280, Marcy l Etoile, France
Ann Pharm Fr 60:253-9. 2002..T cell responses using a prime-boost immunization schedule with a unique vector system derived from the canarypox virus called ALVAC, in which we incorporate genes encoding Tumor Associated Antigens (TAAs)...
- Erythema multiforme in a spotted hyena (Crocuta crocuta)Christopher S Hanley
Milwaukee County Zoo, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 36:515-9. 2005..The esophageal disease was managed with metoclopramide, sulcrafate, omeprazole, and frequent feedings. The distemper vaccine is postulated to have been the inciting cause of EM in this animal...
- Relatively high prevalence of pox-like lesions in henslow's sparrow (Ammodrammus henslowii) among nine species of migratory grassland passerines in Wisconsin, USAKevin S Ellison
1 Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology, University of Wisconsin, 1630 Linden Dr, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Wildl Dis 50:810-6. 2014..However, four samples (18%) had antibody to canarypox virus antigen with test sample and negative control ratios (P/N values) ranging from 2.4 to 6.5 (median 4.3)...
- Enhancement of the immune response in rabbits to a malaria DNA vaccine by immunization with a needle-free jet deviceJ C Aguiar
Malaria Program, Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910-7500, USA
Vaccine 20:275-80. 2001..These results provided the foundation for a clinical trial using the same regime...
- CD40L expressed from the canarypox vector, ALVAC, can boost immunogenicity of HIV-1 canarypox vaccine in mice and enhance the in vitro expansion of viral specific CD8+ T cell memory responses from HIV-1-infected and HIV-1-uninfected individualsJun Liu
Clinical Sciences Division, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vaccine 26:4062-72. 2008..In addition, CD40L expressed from canarypox virus could significantly augment CD4+ T cell responses against HIV-1 in mice...
- Cross-presentation by dendritic cells of tumor antigen expressed in apoptotic recombinant canarypox virus-infected dendritic cellsI Motta
Unité de Biologie Moléculaire du Gène, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 277, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Immunol 167:1795-802. 2001We have investigated the possible usefulness of recombinant canarypox virus (ALVAC) encoding the melanoma-associated Ag, Melan-A/MART-1 (MART-1), in cancer immunotherapy, using a dendritic cell (DC)-based approach...
- A randomized therapeutic vaccine trial of canarypox-HIV-pulsed dendritic cells vs. canarypox-HIV alone in HIV-1-infected patients on antiretroviral therapyRajesh T Gandhi
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, GRJ 504, Boston, MA 02114, United States
Vaccine 27:6088-94. 2009..New methods to enhance the immunogenicity and antiviral efficacy of DC-based vaccines for HIV-1 infection are needed...
- Immunization of puppies in the presence of maternally derived antibodies against canine distemper virusM C Pardo
Biological Research and Development, Merial Limited, Athens, Georgia, USA
J Comp Pathol 137:S72-5. 2007..These pups were protected against intravenous challenge with CDV. Three littermate pups that were unvaccinated all developed clinical signs of infection after challenge, and two of these control pups died...
- Evaluation of the ability of canarypox-vectored equine influenza virus vaccines to induce humoral immune responses against canine influenza viruses in dogsKemal Karaca
Merial Ltd, Research and Development Division, 115 Transtech Dr, Athens, GA 30601, USA
Am J Vet Res 68:208-12. 2007....
- Deletion of fowlpox virus homologues of vaccinia virus genes between the 3 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (A44L) and DNA ligase (A50R) genesM A Skinner
Institute for Animal Health, Compton Laboratory, Nr Newbury, Berkshire, U K
J Gen Virol 75:2495-8. 1994..Increased 3 beta-HSD activity has been demonstrated in cells infected with either of two different strains of FPV or with canarypox virus.
- Reversion to virulence and efficacy of an attenuated Canarypox vaccine in Hawai'i 'Amakihi (Hemignathus virens)Carter T Atkinson
U S Geological Survey, Pacific Island Ecosystems Research Center, Kilauea Field Station, Hawai i National Park, 96718, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 43:808-19. 2012..Although the vaccine provided some protection against PV1, both potential for vaccine reversion and low efficacy against PV2 preclude its use in captive or wild honeycreepers...
- Amplification of virus-induced antimelanoma T-cell reactivity by high-dose interferon-alpha2b: implications for cancer vaccinesIgor Astsaturov
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Research Institute, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 9:4347-55. 2003..To improve the therapeutic effects of these vaccines, IFN-alpha2b (IFN-alpha) was administered to some high-risk patients...
- Intratumoral administration of a recombinant canarypox virus expressing interleukin 12 in patients with metastatic melanomaPierre L Triozzi
University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Hum Gene Ther 16:91-100. 2005..and activity of intratumoral administered human interleukin 12 encoded by a vector derived from the canarypox virus (ALVAC-IL-12)...
- Evaluation of oral and subcutaneous delivery of an experimental canarypox recombinant canine distemper vaccine in the Siberian polecat (Mustela eversmanni)Jeffrey Wimsatt
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904 0326, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 34:25-35. 2003..Further studies are needed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of vectored recombinant vaccines in highly susceptible species and especially in those species in which vaccination with modified live CDV has led to disease...
- Magnitude and breadth of the neutralizing antibody response in the RV144 and Vax003 HIV-1 vaccine efficacy trialsDavid C Montefiori
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Infect Dis 206:431-41. 2012..No protection was observed in Thai injection drug users who received AIDSVAX B/E alone (Vax003 trial). We compared the neutralizing antibody response in these 2 trials...
- Enhanced viral and tumor immunity with intranodal injection of canary pox viruses expressing the melanoma antigen, gp100David E Spaner
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Research Institute, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Canada
Cancer 106:890-9. 2006....
- Three-year duration of immunity in cats vaccinated with a canarypox-vectored recombinant rabies virus vaccineD Jas
Merial SAS, R and D, 254 rue Marcel Merieux, 69007, Lyon, France
Vaccine 30:6991-6. 2012....
- Human immunodeficiency virus vaccine trialsRobert J O'Connell
U S Military HIV Research Program, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2:a007351. 2012..We review the clinical trials of HIV vaccines that have provided insight into human immunogenicity or efficacy in preventing HIV-1 infection...
- Purification of Ag-specific T lymphocytes after direct peripheral blood mononuclear cell stimulation followed by CD25 selection. I. Application to CD4(+) or CD8(+) cytomegalovirus phosphoprotein pp65 epitope determinationG Gallot
, Nantes, France
J Immunol 167:4196-206. 2001..This work thus demonstrates the feasibility of isolating memory T lymphocytes specific for a clinically relevant protein without the need to prepare APC, to use infectious viral strains, or to identify immunodominant epitopes...
- Domestic goose as a model for West Nile virus vaccine efficacyMariana Sa e Silva
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 934 College Station Road, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Vaccine 31:1045-50. 2013..vFP2000) provided the best protection with significant differences in all five metrics, followed by the canarypox virus vectored vaccine with inserts of WNV prM and E proteins (vCP2018) with four metrics of protection, ..
- Attempted therapeutic immunization in a chimpanzee chronic HBV carrier with a high viral loadMohamed Tarek M Shata
Laboratory of Virology, Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute of the New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Med Primatol 35:165-71. 2006..was immunized with recombinant plasmid hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) DNA and boosted with recombinant HBsAg encoding canarypox virus. In the present study, we attempted to confirm these findings in an animal with a high virus load.
- Cross-clade immunity in cats vaccinated with a canarypox-vectored avian influenza vaccineKoert J Stittelaar
ViroClinics Biosciences B V, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Vaccine 28:4970-6. 2010..In conclusion this study showed that the recombinant canarypox virus protected cats against homologous and heterologous H5N1 HPAI virus challenges.
- Induction of HLA-G-restricted human cytomegalovirus pp65 (UL83)-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in HLA-G transgenic miceFrancoise Lenfant
INSERM U 563, Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, Hopital Purpan, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 3, France
J Gen Virol 84:307-17. 2003..investigated by injection of dendritic cells loaded with synthetic pp65-derived peptides or by infection with canarypox virus expressing pp65...
- [The quest for an HIV vaccine]Marc P Girard
Bull Acad Natl Med 189:831-44; discussion 844. 2005..vaccines based on live virus vectors are already undergoing clinical studies, including a live recombinant canarypox virus vaccine (ALVAC), which is in phase III trials in Thailand, a non-replicative adenovirus type 5 (Ad5) vaccine, ..
- A chemically defined production process for highly attenuated poxvirusesIngo Jordan
ProBioGen AG, Goethestr 54, 13086 Berlin, Germany
Biologicals 39:50-8. 2011..We have developed a fully scalable and very efficient chemically-defined production process for modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA), canarypox (CNPV, strain ALVAC) and fowlpox viruses (FPV) based on a continuous cell line...
- A canarypox vector expressing cytomegalovirus (CMV) glycoprotein B primes for antibody responses to a live attenuated CMV vaccine (Towne)S P Adler
Medical College of Virginia Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0163, USA
J Infect Dis 180:843-6. 1999To develop a vaccine against cytomegalovirus (CMV), a canarypox virus (ALVAC) expressing CMV glycoprotein (gB) was evaluated alone or in combination with a live, attenuated CMV vaccine (Towne). Three doses of 106...
- Safety and immunogenicity of ALVAC vCP1452 and recombinant gp160 in newly human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected patients treated with prolonged highly active antiretroviral therapyXia Jin
Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center, The Rockefeller University, 455 1st Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Virol 76:2206-16. 2002..newly acquired human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection, we administered vaccines containing a canarypox virus vector, vCP1452, with HIV-1 genes encoding multiple HIV-1 proteins, and recombinant gp160...
- Protection of cats against feline leukemia virus by vaccination with a canarypox virus recombinant, ALVAC-FLJ Tartaglia
Virogenetics Corporation, Troy, New York 12180
J Virol 67:2370-5. 1993Two ALVAC (canarypox virus)-based recombinant viruses expressing the feline leukemia virus (FeLV) subgroup A env and gag genes were assessed for their protective efficacy in cats. Both recombinant viruses contained the entire gag gene...
- [Antiviral vaccines]M Girard
Centre Européen de Recherche en Immunologie et Virologie, Lyon, France
Med Trop (Mars) 59:522-6. 1999..Currently the best known examples of these new vaccines are those using poxvirus vectors (vaccinia virus, canarypox virus, or fowlpox virus) but new vectors are under development...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope epitope-specific CD4(+) T lymphocytes in simian/human immunodeficiency virus-infected and vaccinated rhesus monkeys detected using a peptide-major histocompatibility complex class II tetramerM J Kuroda
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Virol 74:8751-6. 2000..p46-stimulated PBMCs from 7 of 10 Mamu-DR*W201(+) monkeys vaccinated with a recombinant canarypox virus-HIV-1 env construct also demonstrated p46 tetramer-binding cells, comprising 0.9 to 7...
- The fowlpox virus BCL-2 homologue, FPV039, interacts with activated Bax and a discrete subset of BH3-only proteins to inhibit apoptosisLogan Banadyga
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Virol 83:7085-98. 2009..Interestingly, the avipoxviruses, which include fowlpox and canarypox virus, are the only poxviruses known to encode proteins with obvious Bcl-2 sequence homology...
- Role of cell signaling in poxvirus-mediated foreign gene expression in mammalian cellsNingjie Hu
Hawaii AIDS Clinical Research Program, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Leahi Hospital, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
Vaccine 27:2994-3006. 2009..Using recombinant vaccinia virus (VV) and canarypox virus (ALVAC) expressing enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) or multiple HIV-1 gene products, we studied the ..
- Cytokine responses to human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) induced by immunization with live recombinant canarypox virus vaccine expressing HIV-1 genes boosted by HIV-1(SF-2) recombinant GP120G J Gorse
St Louis Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 3635 Vista Avenue FDT 8N, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Vaccine 19:1806-19. 2001..antigen-stimulated cytokine secretion in 72 HIV-1-uninfected subjects, of whom 52 received live recombinant canarypox virus vaccine expressing HIV-1 env, gag, and protease gene products (vCP205) with or without HIV-1(SF-2) ..
- An assessment of the role of chimpanzees in AIDS vaccine researchJarrod Bailey
New England Anti Vivisection Society, 333 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Altern Lab Anim 36:381-428. 2008..Claims of the importance of chimpanzees in AIDS vaccine development are without foundation, and a return to the use of chimpanzees in AIDS research/vaccine development is scientifically unjustifiable...
- Gene profiling analysis of ALVAC infected human monocyte derived dendritic cellsAnke Harenberg
Sanofi Pasteur, Campus Merieux, 1541 Avenue Marcel Merieux, 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France
Vaccine 26:5004-13. 2008The recombinant canarypox virus ALVAC is being extensively studied as vaccine vector for the development of new vaccine strategies against chronic infectious diseases and cancer...
- DNA prime-canarypox boost with polycistronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genes generates potent immune responses to HCV structural and nonstructural proteinsP Pancholi
Laboratory of Virology, The Lindlsey F Kimball Research Institute of the New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Infect Dis 182:18-27. 2000..We also evaluated canarypox virus containing the same HCV genes as a means for potentiating immune responses to naked DNA...
- Canarypox and fowlpox viruses as recombinant vaccine vectors: an ultrastructural comparative analysisSole Pacchioni
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Laboratory of Molecular Virology, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli 32, Milan, Italy
Arch Virol 155:915-24. 2010Due to their natural host-range restriction to avian species, canarypox virus (CP) and fowlpox virus (FP) represent efficient and safe vaccine vectors, as they correctly express transgenes in human cells, elicit complete immune responses,..
- Canine distemper virus (CDV) infection of ferrets as a model for testing Morbillivirus vaccine strategies: NYVAC- and ALVAC-based CDV recombinants protect against symptomatic infectionC B Stephensen
Department of International Health, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 0019, USA
J Virol 71:1506-13. 1997..HA) proteins in the highly attenuated NYVAC strain of vaccinia virus and in the ALVAC strain of canarypox virus, which does not productively replicate in mammalian hosts...
- Poxvirus-based Japanese encephalitis vaccine candidates induce JE virus-specific CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes in miceE Konishi
Department of Medical Zoology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Japan
Virology 227:353-60. 1997..Japanese encephalitis (JE) vaccine candidates based on a highly attenuated vaccinia virus (NYVAC-JEV) and a canarypox virus (ALVAC-JEV) were evaluated for their ability to induce specific antibodies and cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) ..
- Identification of the canarypox virus thymidine kinase gene and insertion of foreign genesH Amano
Virology II, VIrology I, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Gakuen 4 7 1, Musashimurayama, Tokyo, 208, Japan
Virology 256:280-90. 1999We mapped the canarypox virus (CaPV) thymidine kinase (TK) gene within a 5.8-kbp XbaI fragment of the genome by Southern blotting using the fowlpox virus (FPV) TK gene as a probe...
- A canarypox vaccine expressing multiple human immunodeficiency virus type 1 genes given alone or with rgp120 elicits broad and durable CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses in seronegative volunteersT G Evans
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Infect Dis 180:290-8. 1999..To induce CD8+ cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) along with neutralizing antibody and CD4+ T cell help, a live canarypox virus construct expressing gp120, transmembrane gp41, the gag and protease genes, and sequences containing CTL ..
- Bluetongue vaccines in EuropeW Niedbalski
Department of Foot and Mouth Disease, National Veterinary Research Institute, 98 220 Zduńska Wola, Wodna 7, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 14:299-304. 2011..the virus-like particles (VLPs) produced from recombinant baculovirus, and live recombinant vaccinia or canarypox virus-vectored vaccines were tested in the laboratory...
- Evaluation of the response to an accelerated immunisation schedule using a canarypox-vectored equine influenza vaccine, shortened interdose intervals and vaccination of young foalsJ M Minke
Merial SAS, Lyon 69007, France
Aust Vet J 89:137-9. 2011..The horses studied were vaccinated with a recombinant canarypox-vectored vaccine (ProteqFlu®, Merial) with a shorter interdose interval. Vaccinated horses included foals aged less than 4 months...
- Comprehensive analysis of virus-specific T-cells provides clues for the failure of therapeutic immunization with ALVAC-HIV vaccineLaura Papagno
UPMC Univ Paris, France
AIDS 25:27-36. 2011..Patients exposed to vaccine had higher levels of viral replication and more rapid time to treatment resumption...
- Humoral and cell-mediated immune responses of old horses following recombinant canarypox virus vaccination and subsequent challenge infectionAmanda A Adams
M H Gluck Equine Research Center, Department of Veterinary Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 139:128-40. 2011....
- Phase III HIV vaccine trial in Thailand: a step toward a protective vaccine for HIVMonica Vaccari
Animal Models and Retroviral Vaccine Section, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 9:997-1005. 2010....
- Canarypox and fowlpox viruses as recombinant vaccine vectors: a biological and immunological comparisonCarlo Zanotto
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Universita di Milano, 20129 Milan, Italy
Antiviral Res 88:53-63. 2010..The production of retrovirus-like particles, the longer transgene expression, and a balanced cytokine induction may confer to fowlpox-based recombinants the ability to elicit a better immune response...
- A West Nile virus (WNV) recombinant canarypox virus vaccine elicits WNV-specific neutralizing antibodies and cell-mediated immune responses in the horseH El Garch
Merial SAS, R and D, 254 rue Marcel Merieux, 69342 Cedex 07 Lyon, France
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 123:230-9. 2008..Moreover, we showed that both WNV-specific IFN-gamma producing cells and anti-WNV neutralizing antibody responses, are not inhibited by subsequent vaccinations with the same vector vaccine...
- Prospects and limitations of recombinant poxviruses for prostate cancer immunotherapyC Hwang
Department of Surgery Urology, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 1:471-9. 1999..A deeper understanding of these factors and others that impact the development of antitumor immunity will be necessary to guide the development of recombinant poxviruses for prostate cancer therapy...
- Clinical phase I intratumoral administration of two recombinant ALVAC canarypox viruses expressing human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor or interleukin-2: the transgene determines the composition of the inflammatory infiltrateGunther F L Hofbauer
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Melanoma Res 18:104-11. 2008..The ALVAC viral vector system uses a recombinant canarypox virus for local gene expression...
- HIV-1 vaccine induced immune responses in newborns of HIV-1 infected mothersElizabeth J McFarland
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver Colorado, USA
AIDS 20:1481-9. 2006..This study evaluated the safety and immunogenicity of ALVAC HIV-1 vaccine with and without a subunit envelope boost in infants born to HIV-1-infected women...
- Avipoxvirus phylogenetics: identification of a PCR length polymorphism that discriminates between the two major cladesSusan Jarmin
Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Newbury, Berkshire RG20 7NN, UK
J Gen Virol 87:2191-201. 2006..Genome-sequence data are largely restricted to Fowlpox virus (FWPV) and Canarypox virus (CNPV), which have been sequenced completely, showing considerable divergence between them...
- Antibody and IFN-gamma responses induced by a recombinant canarypox vaccine and challenge infection with equine influenza virusR Paillot
Animal Health Trust, Centre for Preventive Medicine, Lanwades Park, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7UU, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 112:225-33. 2006..A new live recombinant vaccine derived from the canarypox virus vector and expressing haemagglutinin genes of EIV (subtype H3N8) has been developed...
- Use of DNA and recombinant canarypox viral (ALVAC) vectors for equine herpes virus vaccinationJ M Minke
Merial SAS, 254 rue Marcel Merieux, 69007 Lyon, France
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 111:47-57. 2006In this study, experimental canarypox virus (ALVAC) and plasmid DNA recombinant vaccines expressing the gB, gC and gD glycoproteins of EHV-1 were assessed for their ability to protect conventional ponies against a respiratory challenge ..
- Nipah Virus Marker Vaccine and Companion Diagnostic TestJames Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term objective of this project is to develop a live canarypox virus vector expressing the F and G proteins of the Nipah virus for use as a vaccine to control Nipah virus ..
- HOST/TUMOR INTERACTIONS IN IMMUNOTHERAPY OF PROSTATE CATimothy Ratliff; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant has performed immunotherapy studies in a prostate cancer model using the non-replicative canarypox virus, ALVAC, as an immune-activating gene delivery system...
- CANARYPOX VACCINE EXPRESSIONG CEA AND B7Howard Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 1999..The goal of this project is to evaluate the clinical and immunological effects of a recombinant canarypox virus (ALVAC) expressing human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and the co-stimulatory molecule B7-1 in patients with ..
- Induction of HIV-specific Immune ResponsesRajesh T Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2010..By understanding the mechanisms by which immune responses against HIV can be augmented, this may lead to improved ways of treating this disease and may help in developing a vaccine to prevent this infection. ..
- To study cellular immune response in non-B clade HIV infectionHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) To evaluate whether endemic co-infections may modulate of HIV-1 immununopathogenesis in Uganda, using Schistosoma mansoni as a model infection. ..
- HIV Immunology Symposium-Uganda AIDS ConferenceHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2008..This forum is also intended to encourage young scientists from Africa and provide them with guidance and information to participate and contribute to the fight against AIDS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effect of Schistosoma Co-infection on HIV Immune ResponsesHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2007..mansoni infection dysregulates cellular immune responses by enhancing the activity of IL-10-producing T cells. S. mansoni co-infection will therefore be examined in the context of being an experimental immune modulator. ..
- Cellular Immune Response to non-B Clade HIV InfectionHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Immunology International Conference "Correlates of Disease Progression in Africa"Huyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2006..The possibility of[unreadable] creating a network to promote immunology training and research among investigators[unreadable] from this region will also be on the agenda. ..
- New approach to T cell study for Vaccine in UgandaHuyen Cao; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will introduce the use of LFn-HIV of multiple clades (A, B and D) and assess the level of cross-clade activity in this population using both ELIspot and flow based cytometry. ..
- MECHANISMS OF T CELL APOPTOSIS DURING HIV1 INFECTIONRajesh Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Poly-functional analyses of vaccine-induced T cell responsesGuido Ferrari; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, these findings will shed new insights on the importance and fate of vaccine-induced T cell responses in controlling HIV-infection. ..