Genomes and Genes
Summary: A family of non-enveloped viruses infecting mammals (MASTADENOVIRUS) and birds (AVIADENOVIRUS) or both (ATADENOVIRUS). Infections may be asymptomatic or result in a variety of diseases.
Publications367 found, 100 shown here
- Adenoviruses: update on structure and functionW C Russell
School of Biology, Biomolecular Sciences Building, University of St Andrews, North Haugh, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9ST, UK
J Gen Virol 90:1-20. 2009..They are primarily involved in the induction of the different arms of the immune system and a better understanding of their overall properties should lead to more effective ways of combating virus infections...
- CD8+ T effector memory cells protect against liver-stage malariaArturo Reyes-Sandoval
The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7DQ, United Kingdom
J Immunol 187:1347-57. 2011..Thus, we identify persistent CD8 T(EM) populations as essential for vaccine-induced pre-erythrocytic protection against malaria, a finding that has important implications for vaccine design...
- The inflammasome recognizes cytosolic microbial and host DNA and triggers an innate immune responseDaniel A Muruve
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Nature 452:103-7. 2008..Thus, in addition to viral and bacterial components or danger signals in general, inflammasomes sense potentially dangerous cytoplasmic DNA, strengthening their central role in innate immunity...
- Immune control of an SIV challenge by a T-cell-based vaccine in rhesus monkeysJinyan Liu
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nature 457:87-91. 2009..These findings have important implications for the development of next-generation T-cell-based vaccine candidates for HIV-1...
- Hexon-chimaeric adenovirus serotype 5 vectors circumvent pre-existing anti-vector immunityDiane M Roberts
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nature 441:239-43. 2006..Such chimaeric viral vectors may have important practical implications for vaccination and gene therapy...
- Prime-boost immunization with adenoviral and modified vaccinia virus Ankara vectors enhances the durability and polyfunctionality of protective malaria CD8+ T-cell responsesArturo Reyes-Sandoval
The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus Research Building, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7DQ, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 78:145-53. 2010....
- Matrix protein 2 vaccination and protection against influenza viruses, including subtype H5N1Stephen Mark Tompkins
Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:426-35. 2007..This M2 prime-boost vaccination conferred broad protection against challenge with lethal influenza A, including an H5N1 strain. Vaccination with M2, with key sequences represented, may provide broad protection against influenza A...
- New insights on adenovirus as vaccine vectorsMarcio O Lasaro
The Wistar Institute Vaccine Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Ther 17:1333-9. 2009..In summary, although Ad vectors have seen their share of setbacks in recent years, they remain viable tools for prevention or treatment of a multitude of diseases...
- A simplified system for generating recombinant adenovirusesT C He
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 424 North Bond Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2509-14. 1998..Homogeneous viruses can be obtained from this procedure without plaque purification. This system should expedite the process of generating and testing recombinant adenoviruses for a variety of purposes...
- Enhancing blood-stage malaria subunit vaccine immunogenicity in rhesus macaques by combining adenovirus, poxvirus, and protein-in-adjuvant vaccinesSimon J Draper
Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford, OX3 7DQ, United Kingdom
J Immunol 185:7583-95. 2010..These data encourage the further clinical development and coadministration of protein and viral vector vaccine platforms in an attempt to induce broad cellular and humoral immune responses against blood-stage malaria Ags in humans...
- New adenovirus species found in a patient presenting with gastroenteritisMorris Saffold Jones
Clinical Investigation Facility, David Grant USAF Medical Center, 101 Bodin Circle, Travis AFB, CA 94535, USA
J Virol 81:5978-84. 2007..This study suggests that HAdV-52 may be one of many agents causing gastroenteritis of unknown etiology...
- Mesenchymal progenitor cells as cellular vehicles for delivery of oncolytic adenovirusesSvetlana Komarova
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, Gene Therapy Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 901 19th Street South, BMR2 572, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:755-66. 2006..These data show that MPCs can serve as intermediate carriers for replicative adenoviruses and suggest that the natural homing properties of specific cell types can be used for targeted delivery of these virions...
- Adenovirus 5-vectored P. falciparum vaccine expressing CSP and AMA1. Part A: safety and immunogenicity in seronegative adultsMartha Sedegah
U S Military Malaria Vaccine Program, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24586. 2011....
- Oncolytic virotherapyStephen J Russell
Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Nat Biotechnol 30:658-70. 2012....
- Immune responses against a liver-stage malaria antigen induced by simian adenoviral vector AdCh63 and MVA prime-boost immunisation in non-human primatesStefania Capone
Okairos, via dei Castelli Romani 22, 00040 Pomezia, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 29:256-65. 2010..These results in non-human primates highlight the potential of this vaccination regime and encourage its future use in clinical trials...
- A phase IIA randomized clinical trial of a multiclade HIV-1 DNA prime followed by a multiclade rAd5 HIV-1 vaccine boost in healthy adults (HVTN204)Gavin J Churchyard
Aurum Institute for Health Research, Klerksdorp, South Africa
PLoS ONE 6:e21225. 2011....
- Safety and immunogenicity of a replication-incompetent adenovirus type 5 HIV-1 clade B gag/pol/nef vaccine in healthy adultsFrances H Priddy
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:1769-81. 2008....
- Effective induction of high-titer antibodies by viral vector vaccinesSimon J Draper
The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus Research Building, Roosevelt Drive, Headington, Oxford OX3 7DQ, UK
Nat Med 14:819-21. 2008..Antibodies induced against a blood-stage malaria antigen by this viral vector platform are highly effective against Plasmodium yoelii parasites in mice and against Plasmodium falciparum in vitro...
- HCAR and MCAR: the human and mouse cellular receptors for subgroup C adenoviruses and group B coxsackievirusesR P Tomko
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3352-6. 1997..Taken together, these results confirm that the isolated cDNAs encode the receptors for the subgroup C Ad and CVB...
- Novel adenovirus vector-based vaccines for HIV-1Dan H Barouch
Division of Vaccine Research, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 5:386-90. 2010..These vectors are being explored as potential vaccine candidates for a variety of pathogens. This review summarizes current efforts to develop rAd vector-based vaccines for HIV-1...
- International seroepidemiology of adenovirus serotypes 5, 26, 35, and 48 in pediatric and adult populationsDan H Barouch
Division of Vaccine Research, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Vaccine 29:5203-9. 2011..These data inform the clinical development of alternative serotype rAd vaccine vectors in the developing world...
- Calcium Upregulation by Percutaneous Administration of Gene Therapy in Cardiac Disease (CUPID): a phase 2 trial of intracoronary gene therapy of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase in patients with advanced heart failureMariell Jessup
Heart Failure Transplant Program, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circulation 124:304-13. 2011..Adeno-associated virus type 1/sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase was assessed in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 2 study in patients with advanced heart failure...
- Progress and prospects: immune responses to viral vectorsS Nayak
Department Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Gene Ther 17:295-304. 2010..This review provides a summary of our current knowledge of the interactions between the immune system adeno-associated virus, adenoviral and lentiviral vectors, and their transgene products...
- Immunogenicity of recombinant adenovirus serotype 35 vaccine in the presence of pre-existing anti-Ad5 immunityDan H Barouch
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Immunol 172:6290-7. 2004..Moreover, these studies suggest that using Ad vectors derived from immunologically distinct serotypes may be an effective and general strategy to overcome the suppressive effects of pre-existing anti-Ad immunity...
- Pre-existing adenovirus immunity modifies a complex mixed Th1 and Th2 cytokine response to an Ad5/HIV-1 vaccine candidate in humansSamuel O Pine
Program in Pathobiology, Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18526. 2011..Together, these results suggest that vector-specific humoral responses may reduce vaccine-induced T-cell responses by previously undetected mechanisms...
- Inhibition of adenovirus infections by siRNA-mediated silencing of early and late adenoviral gene functionsAnne Eckstein
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Antiviral Res 88:86-94. 2010..Thus, an enhanced anti-adenoviral efficiency of RNAi-based inhibition strategies can be achieved by co-silencing of early and late adenoviral genes, with down regulation of the E1A as a crucial factor...
- Phase I study of noninvasive imaging of adenovirus-mediated gene expression in the human prostateKenneth N Barton
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Mol Ther 16:1761-9. 2008..The results demonstrate that noninvasive imaging of adenovirus-mediated gene therapy in humans is feasible and safe...
- Pre-clinical evaluation of a replication-competent recombinant adenovirus serotype 4 vaccine expressing influenza H5 hemagglutininJeff Alexander
PaxVax Inc, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e31177. 2012..Our hypothesis is that a mucosally-delivered replicating Ad4-H5-Vtn recombinant vector will be safe and induce protective immunity against H5N1 influenza virus infection and disease pathogenesis...
- Adenovirus vector vaccination induces expansion of memory CD4 T cells with a mucosal homing phenotype that are readily susceptible to HIV-1Adel Benlahrech
Department of Immunology, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London SW10 9NH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19940-5. 2009....
- Oncolytic adenoviruses targeted to cancer stem cellsJoshua J Short
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:2096-102. 2009....
- Adenoviral vector immunity: its implications and circumvention strategiesYadvinder S Ahi
Department of Comparative Pathobiology, Purdue University Center for Cancer Research, and Bindley Bioscience Center, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Curr Gene Ther 11:307-20. 2011..Approaches targeting the host and those targeting the vector are discussed in light of their promises and limitations...
- Monitoring of adenovirus load in stool by real-time PCR permits early detection of impending invasive infection in patients after allogeneic stem cell transplantationT Lion
Children s Cancer Research Institute, Vienna, Austria
Leukemia 24:706-14. 2010..Quantitative monitoring of the AdV load in stool specimens therefore provides a rationale for early initiation of antiviral treatment with the aim of preventing progression to life-threatening invasive infection...
- AdenovirusJason G Smith
Department of Immunology and Microbial Science, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, 92037, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 343:195-224. 2010..Continuing efforts to improve knowledge in these areas, as discussed in this chapter, will be crucial for revealing the mechanisms of AdV pathogenesis and for allowing optimal use of AdV vectors for biomedical applications...
- Phenotypic and functional profile of HIV-inhibitory CD8 T cells elicited by natural infection and heterologous prime/boost vaccinationStephanie A Freel
Duke University Human Vaccine Institute, Departments of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Virol 84:4998-5006. 2010..Our data define attributes of an antiviral CD8(+) T-cell response that may be optimized in the search for an efficacious HIV-1 vaccine...
- Adenovirus E4 34k and E1b 55k oncoproteins target host DNA ligase IV for proteasomal degradationAmy Baker
W Harry Feinstone Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Virol 81:7034-40. 2007....
- Quantifying adenovirus-neutralizing antibodies by luciferase transgene detection: addressing preexisting immunity to vaccine and gene therapy vectorsMieke C Sprangers
Vaccine R and D Division, Crucell Holland BV, 2301 CA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 41:5046-52. 2003..Based on simplicity, speed, high throughput, sensitivity, and robustness, we propose a qualified assay in which Ad neutralization is monitored by luciferase reporter gene expression...
- Replication-incompetent adenoviral vaccine vector elicits effective anti-immunodeficiency-virus immunityJohn W Shiver
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Nature 415:331-5. 2002..The replication-defective adenovirus is a promising vaccine vector for development of an HIV-1 vaccine...
- Innate immune response to adenoviral vectors is mediated by both Toll-like receptor-dependent and -independent pathwaysJiangao Zhu
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3502, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Virol 81:3170-80. 2007..Our results that suggest strategies to interfere with type I IFN pathway may improve the outcome of adenovirus-mediated gene therapy, whereas approaches to activate the type I IFN pathway may enhance vaccine potency...
- How I treat adenovirus in hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsCaroline A Lindemans
Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 116:5476-85. 2010....
- Cellular and viral chromatin proteins are positive factors in the regulation of adenovirus gene expressionTetsuro Komatsu
Department of Infection Biology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8575, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 39:889-901. 2011..We would propose a possible mechanism that core proteins ensure transcription by regulating viral chromatin structure through the interaction with TAF-I...
- Clinical development directions in oncolytic viral therapyR M Eager
Mary Crowley Cancer Research Centers, Dallas, TX 75201, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 18:305-17. 2011..The major challenge for researchers is to maximize the efficacy of these viral therapeutics, and to establish stable systemic delivery mechanisms...
- Anti-tumor effect of adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of pigment epithelium-derived factor on mouse B16-F10 melanomaLi Ping Yang
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, West China Clinical Medicine School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:75. 2009..As a potent inhibitor of tumor angiogenesis, pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) has recently been studied and used as an anticancer agent in several tumor models...
- Single mucosal, but not parenteral, immunization with recombinant adenoviral-based vaccine provides potent protection from pulmonary tuberculosisJun Wang
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine and Division of Infectious Diseases, Centre for Gene Therapeutics, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 3Z5
J Immunol 173:6357-65. 2004..Our study also lends strong evidence that respiratory mucosal vaccination is critically advantageous over systemic routes of vaccination against TB...
- Production of adenovirus vectors and their use as a delivery system for influenza vaccinesSai V Vemula
Purdue University, Bindley Bioscience Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Comparative Pathobiology, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 10:1469-87. 2010..In order to meet the potential global vaccine demand in a pandemic scenario, new vaccine-production strategies must be explored in addition to the currently used egg-based technology for seasonal influenza...
- Host cell detection of noncoding stuffer DNA contained in helper-dependent adenovirus vectors leads to epigenetic repression of transgene expressionP Joel Ross
Regenerative Medicine Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L6
J Virol 83:8409-17. 2009..Thus, we have identified nuclear factors involved in recognizing foreign DNA and have determined the mechanism by which associated genes are repressed...
- Targeted radiotherapy for prostate cancer with an oncolytic adenovirus coding for human sodium iodide symporterTanja Hakkarainen
Cancer Gene Therapy Group, Molecular Cancer Biology Program and Transplantation Laboratory and Haartman Institute and Finnish Institute for Molecular Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Cancer Res 15:5396-403. 2009..Thus, the antitumor efficacy of oncolytic adenoviruses needs to be improved. One potentially useful approach is combination with radiotherapy...
- Feasibility of adenovirus-mediated hNIS gene transfer and 131I radioiodine therapy as a definitive treatment for localized prostate cancerKenneth N Barton
Department of Radiation Oncology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202 3450, USA
Mol Ther 19:1353-9. 2011..We discuss the obstacles that must be overcome before adenovirus-mediated hNIS gene transfer and (131)I radioiodine therapy can be used as a definitive treatment for localized prostate cancer...
- Assessment of the Na/I symporter as a reporter gene to visualize oncolytic adenovirus propagation in peritoneal tumoursAndrew Merron
Centre for Molecular Oncology, Institute of Cancer, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:1377-85. 2010..Here, we assessed whether the presence of NIS in the viral genome affects the therapeutic efficacy of the oncolytic adenovirus dl922-947 following intraperitoneal administration, in a mouse model of peritoneal ovarian carcinoma...
- Regression and stabilization of advanced murine atherosclerotic lesions: a comparison of LDL lowering and HDL raising gene transfer strategiesEline Van Craeyveld
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Belgium
J Mol Med (Berl) 89:555-67. 2011..In conclusion, drastic lipid lowering induced by a powerful gene transfer strategy leads to pronounced regression and stabilization of advanced murine atherosclerosis...
- Protection of nonhuman primates against two species of Ebola virus infection with a single complex adenovirus vectorWilliam D Pratt
U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter St, Fort Detrick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:572-81. 2010..These results demonstrate the feasibility of creating a robust, multivalent Ebola virus vaccine that would be effective in the event of a natural virus outbreak or biological threat...
- Capsid-incorporation of antigens into adenovirus capsid proteins for a vaccine approachQiana L Matthews
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Departments of Medicine, Pathology, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Gene Therapy Center, and Center for AIDS Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Mol Pharm 8:3-11. 2011..This strategy also allows for the boosting of antigenic specific responses. This strategy may be the way forward for improved vaccine schemes, especially for those infections requiring a strong humoral antigenic response...
- Enhanced CD8 T cell immunogenicity and protective efficacy in a mouse malaria model using a recombinant adenoviral vaccine in heterologous prime-boost immunisation regimesSarah C Gilbert
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, OX3 7BN, Oxford, UK
Vaccine 20:1039-45. 2002..This study identifies recombinant replication-defective adenovirus as an alternative to recombinant replication-defective poxviruses as boosting agents for the induction of strong protective CD8(+) T cell responses...
- Cocaine analog coupled to disrupted adenovirus: a vaccine strategy to evoke high-titer immunity against addictive drugsMartin J Hicks
Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10065, USA
Mol Ther 19:612-9. 2011..The Ad-based anticocaine vaccine evokes high-titer anticocaine antibodies in mice sufficient to completely reverse, on a persistent basis, the hyperlocomotor activity induced by intravenous administration of cocaine...
- A trial of intrapleural adenoviral-mediated Interferon-α2b gene transfer for malignant pleural mesotheliomaDaniel H Sterman
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, 19104 4283, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:1395-9. 2011..Clinical trial registered with www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT 01212367)...
- Priming immunization with DNA augments immunogenicity of recombinant adenoviral vectors for both HIV-1 specific antibody and T-cell responsesRichard A Koup
Vaccine Research Center, Division of Clinical Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9015. 2010..Prime-boost regimens using heterologous gene-based vaccine vectors have induced potent, polyfunctional T cell responses in preclinical studies...
- Adenovirus-based vaccines: comparison of vectors from three species of adenoviridaeH Chen
The Wistar Institute, 36th Street at Spruce, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Virol 84:10522-32. 2010..SAdV-23 and SAdV-24; here referred to as chimpanzee serotypes 6 and 7 [AdC6 and AdC7, respectively]) of the Adenoviridae. Seroprevalence rates and titers of neutralizing antibodies to the two human-origin Ads were found to be higher ..
- Oncolytic (replication-competent) adenoviruses as anticancer agentsKaroly Toth
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 10:353-68. 2010..One option is genetically-engineered oncolytic adenovirus (Ad) 'vectors'. These kill cancer cells via the viral replication cycle, and amplify the anti-tumor effect by producing progeny virions able to infect neighboring tumor cells...
- Long-term cardiac-targeted RNA interference for the treatment of heart failure restores cardiac function and reduces pathological hypertrophyLennart Suckau
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Circulation 119:1241-52. 2009..Whereas gene therapy rests on recombinant protein expression as its basic principle, RNAi therapy uses regulatory RNAs to achieve its effect...
- Generation of insulin-producing cells from PDX-1 gene-modified human mesenchymal stem cellsYanhua Li
Department of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, Beijing Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Beijing, China
J Cell Physiol 211:36-44. 2007..These findings validate the hMSCs model system as a potential basis for enrichment of human beta cells or their precursors, and a possible source for cell replacement therapy in diabetes...
- Nasal delivery of an adenovirus-based vaccine bypasses pre-existing immunity to the vaccine carrier and improves the immune response in miceMaria A Croyle
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3548. 2008....
- SPECT/CT imaging of oncolytic adenovirus propagation in tumours in vivo using the Na/I symporter as a reporter geneA Merron
Centre for Molecular Oncology, Institute of Cancer, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Gene Ther 14:1731-8. 2007..Considering that this methodology is potentially clinically applicable, we conclude that hNIS-mediated imaging of viral spread in tumours may be an important tool for combined anticancer therapies involving replicating adenoviruses..
- Long-term protective immunity induced against Trypanosoma cruzi infection after vaccination with recombinant adenoviruses encoding amastigote surface protein-2 and trans-sialidaseAlexandre V Machado
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte 31270 910, Brazil
Hum Gene Ther 17:898-908. 2006..Taking together, these results show that recombinant adenoviruses expressing TS and ASP-2 antigens of T. cruzi are interesting candidates for the development of a vaccine against Chagas' disease...
- Transcriptional targeting of tumors with a novel tumor-specific survivin promoterZeng B Zhu
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, Pathology, and the Gene Therapy Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham AL 35291, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 11:256-62. 2004....
- Enhanced mucosal immunoglobulin A response of intranasal adenoviral vector human immunodeficiency virus vaccine and localization in the central nervous systemFranck Lemiale
Vaccine Research Center, NIAID National Institutes of Health, MSC 3005, 40 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 3005, USA
J Virol 77:10078-87. 2003....
- Mesenchymal stem cells effectively deliver an oncolytic adenovirus to intracranial gliomaAdam M Sonabend
Brain Tumor Center, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stem Cells 26:831-41. 2008..Taken together, these results indicate that hMSC migrate and deliver CRAd to distant glioma cells. This delivery strategy should be explored further, as it could improve the outcome of oncolytic virotherapy for glioma...
- Chemotherapy delivered after viral immunogene therapy augments antitumor efficacy via multiple immune-mediated mechanismsZvi G Fridlender
Thoracic Oncology Research Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Ther 18:1947-59. 2010..This approach is currently being tested in a clinical trial and could be applied to other trials of viral immunogene therapy...
- Prime-boost vectored malaria vaccines: progress and prospectsAdrian V S Hill
The Jenner Institute, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Hum Vaccin 6:78-83. 2010..These viral vectors now provide a major option for inclusion in a high efficacy multi-stage malaria vaccine that should achieve deployable levels of efficacy in endemic settings...
- Safety and immunogenicity study of Multiclade HIV-1 adenoviral vector vaccine alone or as boost following a multiclade HIV-1 DNA vaccine in AfricaWalter Jaoko
Kenya AIDS Vaccine Initiative KAVI, Nairobi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 5:e12873. 2010....
- Safety and immunogenicity of a replication-defective adenovirus type 5 HIV vaccine in Ad5-seronegative persons: a randomized clinical trial (HVTN 054)Laurence Peiperl
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13579. 2010..As secondary outcomes, we also assessed T-cell and antibody responses...
- Adenoviruses as vaccine vectorsNia Tatsis
The Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Ther 10:616-29. 2004..This field is growing at an exciting and rapid pace, thus we have limited our scope to the use of adenoviral vectors as vaccines against viral pathogens...
- Cellular proteins PML and Daxx mediate an innate antiviral defense antagonized by the adenovirus E4 ORF3 proteinAmanda J Ullman
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, School of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Virol 82:7325-35. 2008..We propose that, in addition to its ability to repress gene expression, the PML-NB participates in additional innate immune activities...
- Tailoring subunit vaccine immunogenicity: maximizing antibody and T cell responses by using combinations of adenovirus, poxvirus and protein-adjuvant vaccines against Plasmodium falciparum MSP1Alexander D Douglas
Jenner Institute, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Vaccine 28:7167-78. 2010....
- Targeted radionuclide therapy using a Wnt-targeted replicating adenovirus encoding the Na/I symporterInge Peerlinck
Centre for Molecular Oncology, Institute of Cancer, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 15:6595-601. 2009..Here, we combined the imaging and therapeutic potential of hNIS in an oncolytic adenoviruses targeting colorectal cancer cells...
- Cold-adapted influenza and recombinant adenovirus vaccines induce cross-protective immunity against pH1N1 challenge in miceMark R Soboleski
Division of Cellular and Gene Therapies, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21937. 2011..Here we test two prototype vaccines for cross-protection against the recent pandemic virus...
- Differential specificity and immunogenicity of adenovirus type 5 neutralizing antibodies elicited by natural infection or immunizationCheng Cheng
Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3005, USA
J Virol 84:630-8. 2010..These results have implications for future AIDS vaccine trials and the design of next-generation gene-based vaccine vectors...
- Complex interactions with several arms of the complement system dictate innate and humoral immunity to adenoviral vectorsD M Appledorn
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48823, USA
Gene Ther 15:1606-17. 2008..Finally, we confirmed that humoral immune responses to the vector capsid, and the transgene it encodes, are also complement-dependent...
- Adenovirus type 5 with modified hexons induces robust transgene-specific immune responses in mice with pre-existing immunity against adenovirus type 5Shinya Abe
Department of Molecular Biodefense Research, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Gene Med 11:570-9. 2009..To overcome this limitation, the hexon epitope present in the fifth hypervariable region of Ad5 was modified...
- A critical role for type I IFN-dependent NK cell activation in innate immune elimination of adenoviral vectors in vivoJiangao Zhu
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Ther 16:1300-7. 2008....
- Cardioprotective effect of nicorandil, a mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channel opener, prolongs survival in HSPB5 R120G transgenic miceAtsushi Sanbe
Department of Pharmacotherapeutics, School of Pharmacy, Iwate Medical University, Iwate, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e18922. 2011..It is also known that progressive mitochondrial abnormalities and apoptotic cell death occur in the hearts of R120G TG mice. The role of mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis in disease progression, however, remains uncertain...
- Suppression of ovarian cancer growth via systemic administration with liposome-encapsulated adenovirus-encoding endostatinL Yang
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Gaoxin District, Chengdu, Sichuan, PRC
Cancer Gene Ther 17:49-57. 2010..Our study shows that PEG-PE cationic liposome-encapsulated Ad-hE (Ad-hE/Lipo) can be administrated intravenously and lastingly to inhibit angiogenesis, thus showing promising clinical application...
- Impact of preexisting adenovirus vector immunity on immunogenicity and protection conferred with an adenovirus-based H5N1 influenza vaccineAseem Pandey
Department of Comparative Pathobiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33428. 2012..f.u. allowed only partial protection. These results suggest possible strategies to overcome the variable levels of human immunity against adenoviruses, leading to better utilization of HAd vector-based vaccines...
- Sustained reduction of vein graft neointima formation by ex vivo TIMP-3 gene therapySarah J George
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Circulation 124:S135-42. 2011..However, it is essential to determine whether this approach will provide longer-term benefits...
- Prevention of influenza virus shedding and protection from lethal H1N1 challenge using a consensus 2009 H1N1 HA and NA adenovirus vector vaccineFRANK R JONES
Etubics Corporation, Seattle, WA 98199, USA
Vaccine 29:7020-6. 2011..The Ad5 [E1-, E2b-] should be evaluated for the rapid development of effective vaccines against infectious diseases...
- Mineralized tissue formation by BMP2-transfected pulp stem cellsX Yang
Key Lab for Oral Biomedical Engineering of Ministry of Education and Department of Endodontics, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei Province, P R China
J Dent Res 88:1020-5. 2009..3% of implant pore area). Real-time PCR confirmed these results. In conclusion, Bmp2-transfected DPSCs effectively show mineralized tissue formation upon ectopic implantation...
- Prime and boost immunization with influenza and adenovirus encoding the Toxoplasma gondii surface antigen 2 (SAG2) induces strong protective immunityAlexandre V Machado
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte 31270 910, MG, Brazil
Vaccine 28:3247-56. 2010..gondii, they displayed up to 85% of reduction in parasite burden. These results demonstrate the potential use of recombinant influenza vectors harboring the dicistronic segments in the development of vaccines against infectious diseases...
- Effect of preexisting immunity on an adenovirus vaccine vector: in vitro neutralization assays fail to predict inhibition by antiviral antibody in vivoSusan L Pichla-Gollon
Division of Infectious Diseases, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Virol 83:5567-73. 2009..The results thus suggest that in vitro neutralization assays may not reliably predict the effects of virus-specific antibodies on adenovirus vectors in vivo...
- In vivo sodium iodide symporter gene therapy of prostate cancerC Spitzweg
Department of Endocrinology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gene Ther 8:1524-31. 2001....
- Examination of the therapeutic potential of Delta-24-RGD in brain tumor stem cells: role of autophagic cell deathHong Jiang
Brain Tumor Center, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1410-4. 2007..Our results show for the first time that brain tumor stem cells are susceptible to adenovirus-mediated cell death via autophagy in vitro and in vivo...
- Adenovirus dodecahedron, as a drug delivery vectorMonika Zochowska
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
PLoS ONE 4:e5569. 2009..The vector efficiently penetrates the plasma membrane, is liberated in the cytoplasm and has a propensity to concentrate around the nucleus; up to 300000 particles can be observed in one cell in vitro...
- Cancer targeting Gene-Viro-Therapy of liver carcinoma by dual-regulated oncolytic adenovirus armed with TRAIL geneX Cao
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Gene Ther 18:765-77. 2011..Therefore, Ad·AFP·D55-TRAIL could be a potential anti-hepatoma agent with anti-tumor activities due to AFP-specific replication and TRAIL-induced apoptosis...
- A probasin promoter, conditionally replicating adenovirus that expresses the sodium iodide symporter (NIS) for radiovirotherapy of prostate cancerM A Trujillo
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gene Ther 17:1325-32. 2010..This construct may allow multimodal therapy, combining cytolytic virotherapy with radioiodine treatment, to be developed as a novel treatment for prostate cancer...
- Systemic delivery of a novel liver-detargeted oncolytic adenovirus causes reduced liver toxicity but maintains the antitumor response in a breast cancer bone metastasis modelZhenwei Zhang
Gene Therapy Program, Department of Medicine, NorthShore Research Institute, an affiliate of the University of Chicago, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Hum Gene Ther 22:1137-42. 2011..Thus, liver-detargeted oncolytic adenovirus can be developed for the treatment of breast cancer bone metastasis...
- Identification of adenovirus (ad) penton base neutralizing epitopes by use of sera from patients who had received conditionally replicative ad (addl1520) for treatment of liver tumorsSaw See Hong
Laboratoire de Virologie et Pathogénèse Virale, CNRS UMR 5537, Faculté de Médecine and Institut Fédératif de Recherche RTH Laennec, 69372 Lyon, France
J Virol 77:10366-75. 2003....
- Strengthening of antitumor immune memory and prevention of thymic atrophy mediated by adenovirus expressing IL-12 and GM-CSFK J Choi
Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Institute for Cancer Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gene Ther 19:711-23. 2012..Taken together, these data demonstrate that an oncolytic Ad coexpressing IL-12 and GM-CSF is a potential therapeutic tool for the treatment of cancer...
- Single dose adenovirus vectored vaccine induces a potent and long-lasting immune response against rabbit hemorrhagic disease virus after parenteral or mucosal administrationErlinda Fernández
Animal Biotechnology Division, Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, PO Box 6162, CP 10600, Havana, Cuba
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 142:179-88. 2011..IgA specific antibodies were only found in saliva of rabbits immunized by intranasal instillation. The feasibility of VP60 production and vaccination of rabbits with replication-defective adenoviral vectors was demonstrated...
- Optimizing DC vaccination by combination with oncolytic adenovirus coexpressing IL-12 and GM-CSFSong Nan Zhang
Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Institute for Cancer Research, Severance Biomedical Science Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Mol Ther 19:1558-68. 2011..Taken together, oncolytic adenovirus coexpressing IL-12 and GM-CSF in combination with DC vaccination has synergistic antitumor effects and can act as a potent adjuvant for promoting and optimizing DC vaccination...
- A strategy for adenovirus vector targeting with a secreted single chain antibodyJoel N Glasgow
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pathology, Surgery, and the Gene Therapy Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e8355. 2009..Specifically, scFv require posttranslational modifications not available to Ad capsid proteins due to their cytoplasmic routing during protein synthesis and virion assembly...
- Optimization of vaccine responses with an E1, E2b and E3-deleted Ad5 vector circumvents pre-existing anti-vector immunityT Osada
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 16:673-82. 2009..These pre-clinical studies with E1 and E2b-deleted recombinant Ad5 vectors suggest that anti-Ad immunity will no longer be a limiting factor, and that clinical trials to evaluate their performance are warranted...
- Development of a gene therapy virus with a glucocorticoid-inducible MMP1 for the treatment of steroid glaucomaMaria Grazia Spiga
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7041, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:3029-41. 2010..To design a glucocorticoid-inducible virus vector overexpressing recombinant matrix metalloproteinase 1 (MMP1) and counteract extracellular matrix deposition in the trabecular meshwork only when steroid is present...
- Adenoviral vectors stimulate innate immune responses in macrophages through cross-talk with epithelial cellsBenjamin H Lee
Physiology and Experimental Medicine Program, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Immunol Lett 134:93-102. 2010..Furthermore, we show that only the macrophages adjacent to epithelial cells were activated during Ad infection demonstrating that the interaction between macrophages and epithelial cells are crucial for Ad-induced inflammatory response...
- Genetic immunization in the lung induces potent local and systemic immune responsesKaimei Song
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:22213-8. 2010..Thus, genetic immunization in the lung offers a powerful platform approach to generating protective immune responses against respiratory pathogens...
- Present Homologous and Heterologous Antigen with Hepatitis E VirusR Holland Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- VEGF Regulation of Hepatic Erythropoietin SynthesisCalvin Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Prevention of high fat diet-induced vascular injuryMing Hui Zou; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is anticipated that the completion of this project will yield important insights into how omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids protect against cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Immunoglobulin Activation of FibroblastsTerry J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this proposal, we identify abnormalities in human immune system that underlie development of TAO, and apply these insights to animal models in which treatments can be developed. ..
- Regulation of HBV Replication by the Immune SystemLuca G Guidotti; Fiscal Year: 2012..models to elucidate the pathogenesis of HBV infection with the ultimate hope that this knowledge will lead to the development of new therapeutic strategies to terminate persistent infection and its attendant costs and complications ..
- Role of Perilipin in Hepatic Steatosis and MetabolismThomas A Bowman; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will guide the design of new therapeutic targets to prevent insulin resistance and treat type 2 diabetes. ..
- Inflammasome activation by a respiratory virusChristopher M Wiethoff; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanisms of Viral DNA PackagingCARLOS JOSE BUSTAMANTE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, we wish to investigate how the increasing internal DNA pressure regulates the dynamics of the motor during packaging. ..
- SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN REGULATION OF TUMOR ANGIOGENESISDOMINIC E COSGROVE; Fiscal Year: 2012..The data being developed from these proposed studies have potential applications to cure solid tumor growth (cancers) in which angiogenesis contributes to the disease phase. ..
- Cardiac Myosin Binding Protein-C: Structure and FunctionSakthivel Sadayappan; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Modulation of Rab7-Dependent Degradative Pathways by Novel Adenovirus ProteinCathleen R Carlin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Altogether these studies will provide novel insights to the cell biology of membrane protein trafficking, and also the molecular basis for adenovirus-induced inflammatory disease. ..
- SPORE IN PROSTATE CANCERWILLIAM GEORGE NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The Research Projects are supported by an Administrative Core (A), which also manages inter-SPORE collaborations, a Tissue Archive Core (B), and a Biostatistics and Epidemiology Core (C). ..
- Engineering Polymers For Gene Therapy of Head CancerHamid Ghandehari; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Design of new gene delivery systems will improve the efficacy of treatment, reduce toxicity and improve quality of life for head and neck cancer patients. ..
- Development of the Cotton Rat Model of Rhinovirus Infection and DiseaseJORGE C BLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, the proposed research will result in a valuable experimental resource to test vaccines and therapeutics against the "common cold". ..
- PHAGE T4 HEAD ASSEMBLY AND INITIATION OF INFECTIONLindsay W Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, understanding viral packaging has an important bearing on the mechanism of closely related enzymes of importance to fundamental DNA processes, e.g. helicases and NTP driven DNA translocating restriction endonucleases. ..
- Anti-viral and antileukemic T-cell therapy as prophylaxis after HSCTHelen E Heslop; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Encapsidation of Adenovirus DNAMichael J Imperiale; Fiscal Year: 2010..This knowledge will be applicable to the development of anti-viral drugs that block this process, as well as to the development of safer adenovirus vectors and recombinant vaccines. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND PATHOGENESIS OF MOUSE ADENOVIRUSKatherine R Spindler; Fiscal Year: 2010..A thorough knowledge of adenovirus basic biology is critical for the development of safe antiviral drugs, adenovirus-based gene transfer vectors, and vaccines. ..
- Oral Immunization Against Malaria with Recombinant AdenovirusesGARY W KETNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Apoptosis Regulation by Adenovirus and Cellular GenesGOVINDASWAMY CHINNADURAI; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Molecular Epidemiology and Natural History of SIVcpzBeatrice H Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using non- invasive methods, we will screen Gombe chimpanzees for STLV, ChHBV and adenoviruses and determine whether and to what extent these infections influence chimpanzee morbidity and mortality. ..
- Interdisciplinary Training in Virology and Gene TherapyRen Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Assessment of the Immunogenicity and Protective Efficacy of a Multiagent DNA VaccConnie Schmaljohn; Fiscal Year: 2010..individual DNA vaccines in mice after immunization by electroporation;(4) Demonstrate the immunogenicity and protective efficacy of combined EBOV and MARV DNA vaccines in non-human primates. ..
- Nucleotide-Mediated Foam Cell Formation in Smooth Muscle CellsTIXIEANNA DISSMORE; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal seeks to identify molecular mechanisms that may lead to the prevention of lipid accumulation in the arteries, the main cause of atherosclerosis. ..
- Rapid Detection of Antibodies to Adenovirus 36Cynthia Chappell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Without an improved methodology, studies of AdV36's role in obesity will be slow, carried out by only a few investigators, and fraught with inter-laboratory variability in results. ..
- Cytoskeletal-Based Survival Pathways in MyocardiumRichard Vander Heide; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Lipid Rafts in Adenoviral Ocular PathogenesisJaya Rajaiya; Fiscal Year: 2013..As adenoviruses represent the most common cause of eye infections, this proposal will address a major public health concern. ..
- Molecular mechanism of immune evasion by the E3-19K protein of AdenovirusMarlene Bouvier; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our findings are also expected to be relevant to understand establishment and maintenance of Ad infection in healthy individuals, and disease development in immunocompromised hosts. ..
- Isoform-Specific Regulation and Localization of the Coxsackie and Adenovirus ReceKATHERINE JULIE EXCOFFON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of Cardiac Gene Expression by the L-type Calcium Channel, CaV1.2.ROBERT NATHAN CORRELL; Fiscal Year: 2011..This work will help reveal the role of the cardiac L-type Ca2+ channel in regulation of gene expression related to disease and may suggest new translational strategies to combat heart failure. ..
- Development of EGFR-Targeted Oncolytic Adenovirus for Therapy of Oral CancersAnton V Borovjagin; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- ANIMAL MODELS FOR STUDYING THE GENETICS OF HYPERTENSIONOliver Smithies; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Motor neuron-targeted adenovirus antidotes for botulismCHARLES BIX SHOEMAKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..In contrast, the innovative, virus-based strategy we propose to develop should quickly lead to safe, economical and commercially viable antidotes for all BoNT serotypes. ..
- Mechanisms of the Adenovirus E4-ORF1 OncoproteinRonald T Javier; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Using adenoviral vectors to express broadly neutralizing anti-gp160 antibodiesShan Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Adenovirus E1B55K Functions Related to Oncolytic ReplicationHeshan Sam Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term goal of this work is to increase the efficacy of oncolytic cancer gene therapy. ..
- G Proteins and Opiate Receptor FunctionsPing Yee Law; Fiscal Year: 2010..Genetic alteration of the proteins levels will be carried out in mice and other models to test the effects of these proteins in chronic opiate drug actions. ..
- Immunopathogenesis of Adenovirus KeratitisJames Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2013..As adenoviruses represent the most common cause of eye infections, this proposal will address a major public health concern. ..
- Modulation of adenovirus pathogenesis by prostaglandin E2JASON BRICE WEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that our research will contribute to the development of antiviral treatment strategies based on drugs that modulate prostaglandin production. ..
- Adenovirus myocarditis: defining host factors contributing to pathogenesisJASON BRICE WEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..MAV-1 provides a model with unique advantages for the study of adenovirus pathogenesis. ..
- Molecular interactions between soluable host factors and a gene delivery vectorVijay S Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that these investigations will provide greater understanding of mechanism and underlying molecular interactions involved in adenovirus transduction of liver hepatocytes. ..
- Inhibitors of HIV-induced downregulation of HLA class IJuan Lama; Fiscal Year: 2013..PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 06/09) Page Continuation Format Page ..
- Differential Effects of BMPs on the Healing of Craniofacial DefectsRussell R Reid; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Nuclear Signaling Pathways by the Adenovirus E4-ORF3 ProteinPatrick Hearing; Fiscal Year: 2013..Collectively, these studies will provide unique insight into cellular mechanisms that interfere with virus replication and viral responses that counteract these effects. ..
- Role of Adenovirus Core Proteins in Innate Signaling and Viral Genome PackagingPatrick Hearing; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is no virus-specific therapy for Ad infection. Thus, it has become increasingly important to fully understand the Ad replication cycle in order to foster the development of antiviral therapies. ..
- Nucleic Acid Dipstick for Rapid Avian Flu Detection at Point-of-careHong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- In vivo and in vitro Characteization of BMI1 + Intestinal Stem CellsCalvin J Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, the Bmi1+ intestinal stem cell population will be investigated with regards to regenerative potential both in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Ading color to cancer, adenovirus and flow cytometry to identify and capture CTCsCLODAGH O'SHEA; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- A RasGAP-microRNA connection in cardiac hypertrophyMaha Abdellatif; Fiscal Year: 2012..post-transcriptional regulation of miR-1. Aim 2) to study the role of RasGAP and miR-1 during cardiac hypertrophy in a mouse model. ..
- ROLE OF CELL INTEGRINS IN ADENOVIRAL CONJUNCTIVITISGlen R Nemerow; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Spread of Replicating Adenovirus in Solid TumorsJohn Hay; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recently, it has been reported that the human adenovirus will replicate in the Syrian Hamster making this an ideal model for safety and efficacy evaluation. ..
- Defining TLR9 regulatory sequences in natural DNA; implication for vaccine develoLaurent Coscoy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here, we propose to identify all sequence motifs (up to 8mers) that stimulate or inhibit the physiological (truncated) form of TLR9 and determine whether the frequency of these sequences are modulated in DNA viruses. ..
- Engineering Multi-Tissue InterfacesPaul H Krebsbach; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term objective of this proposal is to develop strategies to regenerate the bone-cartilage interface to regenerate joins like the TMJ. ..
- An adenoviral/piggyBac hybrid system to accelerate cancer gene validation(PQ #9)Adam J Dupuy; Fiscal Year: 2013..The application is significant as there is currently great need for approaches to rapidly evaluate dozens to hundreds of candidate genes being identified by ongoing efforts to characterize the human cancer genome. ..
- DGK in T Cell Regulation and ToleranceThomas F Gajewski; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ti U,0 ._0 ... ur tow 5a' c' OUP O-0 N-0 0-0 V,12 oar aux. :E, -'1 .., (gyp afl' coo COD m='(Dm o03-' _=c 3m03 l17 CDG'O COB 111 ..
- TCR Affinity and Therapeutic Efficacy of T CellsMichael I Nishimura; Fiscal Year: 2011..The successful completion of the proposed studies will enable us to design better immunotherapy treatment strategies for patients with advanced cancer. ..
- Cancer dual-targeting of an infectivity-enhance CRAdJ Mathis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this application is to further develop a conditionally replicative adenovirus (CRAd) that has been designed to infect, divide and lyse efficiently in tumor cells but not in normal cells;successful completion. ..
- Gene Delivery StentsRobert J Levy; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF VIRAL REPLICATIONMaurice Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..The systematic study of E1A functional activities provides important opportunities to explore important and complex questions in cell growth regulation, oncogenesis, and virus control. ..
- Oral, replicating Ad4-HIV vaccine development &evaluation in NHP challenge modelJONATHAN FOWLER SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Generating reagents to explore the anitviral potential of TRIM family proteinsEdward M Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will catalyze new areas of research for my lab and increase our understanding of the antiviral activity of TRIM family proteins. ..
- Prenatal adenovirus infection, inhibition of DNA repair, and childhood leukemiaDAVID ARNOLD ORNELLES; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work could provide the basis for early testing as well as help develop a simple treatment for the most common cancer of children. ..
- Hantavirus Vaccines Based On Nonreplicating AdenovirusesDavid Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be a prelude to challenge experiments in which vaccinated hamsters will be challenged with Andes virus that causes a lethal pulmonary disease similar to that in humans. ..
- Innate Immunity in MyocarditisSally A Huber; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Determine if c-FLIPL expression differs between CD4+Th1 and Th2 cells and whether elevated levels in Th1 cells protects them from V4+ cell mediated killing. ..
- ANIMAL MODELS OF VIRUS INDUCED OBESITYRichard Atkinson; Fiscal Year: 2000..If infection with one or more viruses is capable of producing obesity in humans, the implications for the public health of the United States and the world is enormous. ..
- Adenovirus Persistence in Human Lymphoid TissuesLinda Gooding; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will reveal the potential for persistent adenovirus to contribute to serious chronic diseases such as cancer and autoimmunity. ..
- Syrian Hamster as a Permissive Model for Testing Anti-Adenovirus DrugsWilliam Wold; Fiscal Year: 2007..Success in this project could lead to the eventual approval of drugs to treat adenovirus infections in immunosuppressed patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VEGF-dependent and - Independent Anti-angiogenic TherapyCalvin Kuo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Moreover, these humanized receptors will be expressed from regulated adenoviruses to confer an additional degree of safety as a prelude to eventual clinical use. ..
- CAR PROTEIN AND AUTO IMMUNITYRobert Finberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..We plan to define the role of this protein in the induction of auto-immune disease and use transgenic and knock-out mice to define the mechanisms by which viruses stimulate autoimmune responses. ..
- Import of Adenovirus DNA into the nucleusLarry Gerace; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, it could provide the basis for developing efficient means for nonviral gene transfer, which would be useful for gene therapy and functional studies of cells. ..
- T reg Cells in MyocarditisSally A Huber; Fiscal Year: 2010..Determine whether the T reg cells are antigen specific (virus), cardiovascular specific (autoimmunity), or non-antigen specific. ..
- Genetics of Ocular AdenovirusesJames Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Conditional Replicating Adenovirus for Glioma TreatmentJuan Fueyo; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..