Summary: A plant genus of the family RUTACEAE. Members contain murrayanine, koenine, isomahanine, kwangsine, siamenol, murrayafoline A, murrayaquinone A and other cytotoxic carbazolequinones.
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- The hypoglycaemic effect of curry leaves (Murraya Koenigii spreng)Mahantayya V Math
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 49:241-2. 2005
- Beneficial effects of Murraya koenigii leaves on antioxidant defense system and ultra structural changes of pancreatic beta-cells in experimental diabetes in ratsPalanisamy Arulselvan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, Tamil Nadu, India
Chem Biol Interact 165:155-64. 2007..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the possible protective effects of Murraya koenigii leaves extract against beta-cell damage and antioxidant defense systems of plasma and pancreas in ..
- Anti-trichomonal, biochemical and toxicological activities of methanolic extract and some carbazole alkaloids isolated from the leaves of Murraya koenigii growing in NigeriaA C Adebajo
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Phytomedicine 13:246-54. 2006The methanolic extract of Murraya koenigii leaf was screened for toxicological and biochemical effects on rats because of the folkloric uses as an anti-dysentery and anti-diabetes. The extract was moderately toxic (LD(50)=316...
- Medicinal plants of India with anti-diabetic potentialJ K Grover
Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110049, India
J Ethnopharmacol 81:81-100. 2002..charantia, Eugenia jambolana, Mucuna pruriens, T. cordifolia, T. foenum graecum, O. sanctum, P. marsupium, Murraya koeingii and Brassica juncea. All plants have shown varying degree of hypoglycemic and anti-hyperglycemic activity...
- Effect of extracts of Murraya koenigii leaves on the levels of blood glucose and plasma insulin in alloxan-induced diabetic ratsM K Vinuthan
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary College, UAS, Hebbal, Bangalore 560 024
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 48:348-52. 2004..wt.) and methanol extract (200 mg/kg b.wt.) of Murraya koenigii Spreng leaves for a period of eight weeks was studied on blood glucose and plasma insulin level in ..
- Hypoglycemic effects of Murraya koenigii on normal and alloxan-diabetic rabbitsAchyut Narayan Kesari
Alternative Therapeutics Unit, Drug Development Division, Medicinal Research Lab, Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, India
J Ethnopharmacol 97:247-51. 2005..The aqueous extract of Murraya koenigii leaves has been taken to evaluate the hypoglycemic activity in normal and alloxan induced diabetic ..
- Studies on Indian green leafy vegetables for their antioxidant activitySheetal Gupta
Department of Studies in Food Science and Nutrition, University of Mysore, Manasagangotri, Mysore, 570 006, India
Plant Foods Hum Nutr 64:39-45. 2009..Centella asiatica, Murraya koenigii and Trigonella foenum graecum were studied for their antioxidant activity in different systems at ..
- Anti-diabetic effect of Murraya koenigii leaves on streptozotocin induced diabetic ratsP Arulselvan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Pharmazie 61:874-7. 2006The present study was aimed to evaluate the anti-hyperglycemic efficacy of Murraya koenigii in STZ-induced diabetic rats. Oral administration of ethanolic extract of M. koenigii at a dose of 200 mg/kg/ b.w...
- Immunomodulatory activity of methanolic extract of Murraya koenigii (L) Spreng. leavesAbhishek S Shah
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology Nathalal Parikh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India
Indian J Exp Biol 46:505-9. 2008..Present study thus reveals that the extract holds promise as immunomodulatory agent, which acts by stimulating humoral immunity and phagocytic function...
- Hypoglycaemic and hypolipidaemic effect of aqueous leaf extract of Murraya koenigii in normal and alloxan-diabetic ratsH A Lawal
Department of Biochemistry, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria
Niger J Physiol Sci 23:37-40. 2008The hypoglycaemic effect of aqueous leaf extract of Murraya koenigii was studied in normal and alloxan-induced diabetic rats...
- Induction of apoptosis by carbazole alkaloids isolated from Murraya koenigiiC Ito
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Nagoya, Japan
Phytomedicine 13:359-65. 2006In the current study, we isolated 10 carbazole alkaloids from the plant species Murraya koenigii (Rutaceae), and examined their effects on the growth of the human leukemia cell line HL-60...
- Chemical composition and toxicity against Sitophilus zeamais and Tribolium castaneum of the essential oil of Murraya exotica aerial partsWei Qing Li
College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Haidian District, Beijing 100875, China
Molecules 15:5831-9. 2010In our screening program for new agrochemicals from Chinese medicinal herbs, Murraya exotica was found to possess insecticidal activity against the maize weevil, Sitophilus zeamais and red flour beetle, Tribolium castaneum...
- RP-HPLC-DAD for simultaneous estimation of mahanine and mahanimbine in Murraya koenigiiSubrata Pandit
School of Natural Product Studies, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, India
Biomed Chromatogr 25:959-62. 2011b>Murraya koenigii leaves (Rutaceae) are widely used as food condiments in various food preparations in India...
- Anti-tumour promoting activity and antioxidant properties of girinimbine isolated from the stem bark of Murraya koenigii SYih Yih Kok
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Molecules 17:4651-60. 2012Girinimbine, a carbazole alkaloid isolated from the stem bark of Murraya koenigii was tested for the in vitro anti-tumour promoting and antioxidant activities...
- Two new coumarins from Murraya paniculataSumayya Saied
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
J Asian Nat Prod Res 10:515-9. 2008..3), murrangatin (4), meranzin hydrate (5) and hainanmurpanin (6) have been isolated from the aerial parts of Murraya paniculata. The structures of these compounds were determined through spectral analysis...
- Biological activity and phytochemical analysis of three Indonesian medicinal plants, Murraya koenigii, Syzygium polyanthum and Zingiber purpureaIrawan Wijaya Kusuma
Department of Forest Products, Faculty of Forestry, Mulawarman University, Samarinda, Indonesia
J Acupunct Meridian Stud 4:75-9. 2011Extracts of Indonesian medicinal plants, Murraya koenigii, Syzygium polyanthum, and Zingiber purpurea were investigated for their biological activity...
- Studies on the glycemic and lipidemic effect of Murraya koenigii in experimental animalsAchyut Narayan Kesari
Alternative Therapeutics Unit, Drug Development Division, Medicinal Research Lab, Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, India
J Ethnopharmacol 112:305-11. 2007..Previously, we have demonstrated potent hypoglycemic activity of lyophilized aqueous extract of Murraya koenigii leaves in normal and alloxan induced diabetic rabbits for short duration of 6 h...
- Comparison of antioxidative properties of carbazole alkaloids from Murraya koenigii leavesYukari Tachibana
Department of Home Economics, Kenmei Women s Junior College, Honmachi, Himeji, Hyogo 670 0012, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:6461-7. 2003..12), was isolated from the CH(2)Cl(2) extract of Murraya koenigii together with six known carbazole alkaloids, koenimbine (6), O-methylmurrayamine A (7), O-methylmahanine ..
- Effect of feeding Murraya koeingii and Brassica juncea diet on [correction] kidney functions and glucose levels in streptozotocin diabetic miceJ K Grover
Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110049, India
J Ethnopharmacol 85:1-5. 2003Purpose of the study was to investigate the effects of daily oral feeding 15% of powdered leaves of Murraya koeingii (MK) (commonly called as Curry patta) and 10% powder of seeds of Brassica juncea (BJ) (commonly called as Rai) for 60 ..
- Antiamnesic potential of Murraya koenigii leavesMani Vasudevan
Department of Pharmacology, Nandha College of Pharmacy, Koorapalayam Pirivu, Pitchandampalayam PO, Erode District, Tamilnadu 638 052, India
Phytother Res 23:308-16. 2009b>Murraya koenigii leaves commonly known as curry patta are added routinely to Indian gravy and vegetarian dishes as a favorite condiment...
- Antiobesity and lipid lowering effects of Murraya koenigii (L.) Spreng leaves extracts and mahanimbine on high fat diet induced obese ratsRahul Birari
Department of Natural Products, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector 67, SAS Nagar, Mohali 160062, Punjab, India
Fitoterapia 81:1129-33. 2010The dichloromethane (MKD) and ethyl acetate (MKE) extracts of Murraya koenigii leaves significantly reduced the body weight gain, plasma total cholesterol (TC) and triglyceride (TG) levels significantly when given orally at a dose of 300 ..
- Curry leaf (Murraya koenigii Spreng.) reduces blood cholesterol and glucose levels in ob/ob miceJing Tian Xie
Tang Center for Herbal Medicine Research, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Chin Med 34:279-84. 2006We observed that curry leaf (Murraya koenigii) extract possesses the property to decrease blood cholesterol and blood glucose levels in diabetic ob/ob mice...
- A benzoisofuranone derivative and carbazole alkaloids from Murraya koenigii and their antimicrobial activityM Mukhlesur Rahman
Phytochemistry Research Laboratories, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, SIBS Building, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow G4 ONR, Scotland, UK
Phytochemistry 66:1601-6. 2005..along with six known carbazole alkaloids and three known steroids were isolated from the stem bark of Murraya koenigii...
- Larvicidal activity of plant extracts used alone and in combination with known synthetic larvicidal agents against Aedes aegyptiGauri Harve
Department of Zoonosis, Haffkine Institute, Mumbai 400012, India
Indian J Exp Biol 42:1216-9. 2004Larvicidal activity of acetone and petroleum ether extracts of four plants Murraya koenigii, Coriandrum sativum, Ferula asafoetida, Trigonella foenum graceum and synthetic larvicides Fenthion and Temephos used alone and in combination ..
- Curcumin content of turmeric and curry powdersReema F Tayyem
Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics Department, Allied Health Sciences Faculty, The Hashemite University, Jordan
Nutr Cancer 55:126-31. 2006....
- The in vitro anti-giardial activity of extracts from plants that are used for self-medication by AIDS patients in southern ThailandN Sawangjaroen
Natural Products Research Unit and Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, 90112, Songkhla, Thailand
Parasitol Res 95:17-21. 2005..e. with an IC50 of <100 microg/ml, whereas the chloroform extract from Murraya paniculata was classified as being "moderately active"...
- The anti-amoebic activity of some medicinal plants used by AIDS patients in southern ThailandNongyao Sawangjaroen
Natural Products Research Unit and Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, 90112, Thailand
Parasitol Res 98:588-92. 2006..6 microg/ml) were all classified as "active", i.e. with an IC(50) of less than 100 microg/ml, whereas those from Murraya paniculata (IC(50) 116.5 microg/ml) and Zingiber zerumbet (IC(50) 196...
- Responses of the Asian citrus psyllid to volatiles emitted by the flushing shoots of its rutaceous host plantsJ M Patt
USDA ARS Subtropical Agricultural Research Center, 2413 Highway 83, Weslaco, TX 78596, USA
Environ Entomol 39:618-24. 2010..that both males and females preferentially entered the Y-tube arm containing the odor from the young shoots of Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack and Citrus limon L. Burm. f. cultivar Eureka...
- Isoflavonoids in the Rutaceae family: 1. Fortunella obovata, Murraya paniculata and four Citrus speciesOldrich Lapcik
Department of Chemistry of Natural Compounds, Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Czech Republic
Phytochem Anal 15:293-9. 2004..ex Tanaka, Murraya paniculata Jack. and four Citrus species, namely C. aurantium L, C. grandis Osbeck, C. limonia Osbeck., and C...
- Pancreatic lipase inhibitory alkaloids of Murraya koenigii leavesRahul Birari
Department of Natural Products, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, NIPER, SAS Nagar, Punjab, India
Nat Prod Commun 4:1089-92. 2009..All three extracts (DCM, EtOAc and MeOH) of Murraya koenigii (L.) Spreng leaves (Rutaceae) exhibited antilipase activity greater than 80%...
- Murrastifoline-F: first total synthesis, atropo-enantiomer resolution, and stereoanalysis of an axially chiral N,C-coupled biaryl alkaloidG Bringmann
Institut fur Organische Chemie, Universitat Wurzburg, Am Hubland, D 97074 Wurzburg, Germany, and Botanisches Institut und Botanischer Garten, Universitat Bonn, Meckenheimer Allee 171, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
J Am Chem Soc 123:2703-11. 2001The first total synthesis of the Murraya alkaloid murrastifoline-F (3), an unsymmetric, N,C-bonded heterobiarylic biscarbazole, is described...
- Phytochemical diversity of Murraya koenigii (L.) Spreng. from Western HimalayaRam S Verma
CSIR Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Center Pantnagar, P O Dairy Farm Nagla, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand 263149, India
Chem Biodivers 10:628-41. 2013b>Murraya koenigii (L.) Spreng. (Rutaceae), commonly known as 'curry leaf tree', is a popular spice and condiment of India...
- Development of macrolide lactone antibiotic brefeldin A fermentation process with Eupenicillium brefeldianum ZJB082702Ya Jun Wang
Institute of Bioengineering, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310014, PR China
J Biosci Bioeng 114:262-7. 2012In this work, a robust brefeldin A-synthesizing fungus, Eupenicillium brefeldianum ZJB082702, was bred from a Murraya paniculata endophytic fungus E. brefeldianum A1163...
- Apoptotic effects of mahanine on human leukemic cells are mediated through crosstalk between Apo-1/Fas signaling and the Bid protein and via mitochondrial pathwaysKaushik Bhattacharya
Infectious Diseases and Immunology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, A Unit of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, 4, Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata 700032, India
Biochem Pharmacol 79:361-72. 2010..This study reports that mahanine, purified from the leaves of Murraya koenigii, has a dose- and time-dependent anti-proliferative activity in acute lymphoid (MOLT-3) and chronic ..
- Green synthesized iron oxide nanoparticles effect on fermentative hydrogen production by Clostridium acetobutylicumSundaresan Mohanraj
Department of Biotechnology, Bharathidasan Institute of Technology, Anna University, Tiruchirappalli, 620 024, Tamil Nadu, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 173:318-31. 2014A green synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles (FeNPs) was developed using Murraya koenigii leaf extract as reducing and stabilizing agent...
- Indigenous drugs in ischemic heart disease in patients with diabetesShridhar Dwivedi
Department of Medicine Preventive Cardiology, University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi and GTB Hospital, Delhi, India
J Altern Complement Med 15:1215-21. 2009....
- [Isolation and purification of flavones from Murraya exotica L. by high-speed counter-current chromatography]Aiyi Peng
Liaoning Provincial Key Laboratory of Biotechnology and Drug Discovery, College of Life Science, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian 116029, China
Se Pu 28:383-7. 2010High-speed counter-current chromatography (HSCCC) was used to isolate and purify flavones from Murraya exotica L...
- Effects of temperature and solvent on antioxidant properties of curry leaf (Murraya koenigii L.)Indu Sasidharan
Agroprocessing and Natural Products Division, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, 695019 India
J Food Sci Technol 48:366-70. 2011..9%), and 43% RSA by DPPH and 53.6% by ABTS assays. Hot extracts had lesser antioxidant activities than ambient extracts. The best solvent system for getting maximum antioxidant activity from curry leaves was ethanol-water (1:1)-(AT)...
- Leaves extract of murraya koenigii linn for anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity in animal modelsShailly Gupta
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jaipur National University, Jaipur India
J Adv Pharm Technol Res 1:68-77. 2010..done for the investigation of the anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity of methanol extract of dried leaves of Murraya koenigii Linn by oral administration at dose of 100, 200 and 400 mg/kg body weight, to healthy animals...
- Hepatoprotective potential of polyphenol rich extract of Murraya koenigii L.: an in vivo studySwati N Desai
Division of Phytotherapeutics and Metabolic Endocrinology, Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara 390002, Gujarat, India
Food Chem Toxicol 50:310-4. 2012The present study investigates hepatoprotective effects of polyphenol rich Murraya koenigii L. (MK) hydro-ethanolic leaf extract in CCl(4) treated hepatotoxic rats...
- Comparison of Murraya koenigii- and Tribulus terrestris-based oral formulation versus tamsulosin in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in men aged >50 years: a double-blind, double-dummy, randomized controlled trialGairik Sengupta
Department of Pharmacology, Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkata, India
Clin Ther 33:1943-52. 2011..Various herbal formulations have been used for the treatment of BPH, but few have been compared with established modern medicines in head-to-head clinical trials...
- Antioxidant capacity and antimutagenic potential of Murraya koenigiiMaryam Zahin
Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Biomed Res Int 2013:263509. 2013..and antimutagenic activities as well as to elucidate phytochemical profile of an Indian medicinal plant Murraya koenigii (curry) leaves. Leaves of the plant were successively fractionated in various organic solvents...
- A naturally derived small molecule disrupts ligand-dependent and ligand-independent androgen receptor signaling in human prostate cancer cellsKarishma S Amin
Corresponding Author Partha P Banerjee, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20057
Mol Cancer Ther 13:341-52. 2014..Mahanine is a novel carbazole alkaloid derived from the leaves of Murraya koenigii, commonly known as the curry leaf plant, which grows widely across East-Asia...
- Protective effect of total flavonoids extracted from the leaves of Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack on diabetic nephropathy in ratsJingtao Zou
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jilin University, Changchun 130021, China
Food Chem Toxicol 64:231-7. 2014This study was designed to evaluate the effects of total flavonoids extracted from the leaves of Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack (TFMP) on diabetic nephropathy...
- Chemical composition, antioxidant properties and antimicrobial activity of the essential oil of Murraya paniculata leaves from the mountains of Central CubaElisa Jorge Rodríguez
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Chemistry, Central University Marta Abreu of Las Villas, C 54830 Santa Clara, Cuba
Nat Prod Commun 7:1527-30. 2012The essential oil of Murraya paniculata L leaves from the mountains of the Central Region of Cuba, obtained by hydrodistillation, was analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Eighteen compounds, accounting for 95...
- Effects of the total alkaloidal extract of Murraya koenigii leaf on oxidative stress and cholinergic transmission in aged miceVasudevan Mani
Brain Research Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Campus Puncak Alam, Universiti Teknologi Mara UiTM, 42300 Bandar Puncak Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Phytother Res 27:46-53. 2013..The present study was designed to investigate the role of the total alkaloidal extract from Murraya koenigii (MKA) leaves on age related oxidative stress and the cholinergic pathway in aged mice...
- Bioactive carbazole alkaloids from Murraya koenigii (L.) SprengQinge Ma
State Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substance and Function of Natural Medicines, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Fitoterapia 87:1-6. 2013Four new carbazole alkaloids (1-4) and fourteen known carbazole alkaloids (5-18) were isolated from Murraya koenigii. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of extensive spectroscopic analysis...
- Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Murraya koenigii leaf extract against Anopheles stephensi and Aedes aegyptiAyyappan Suganya
Division of Entomology, Department of Zoology, School of Life Sciences, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, 641046, Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 112:1385-97. 2013..In the present study, the activity of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) synthesized using Murraya koenigii plant leaf extract against first to fourth instars larvae and pupae of Anopheles stephensi and Aedes ..
- Alkaloids from Sri Lankan curry-leaf (Murraya koenigii) display melanogenesis inhibitory activity: structures of karapinchamines A and BSeikou Nakamura
Department of Pharmacognosy, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Kyoto 607 8412, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 21:1043-9. 2013A methanolic extract and its ethyl acetate-soluble fraction from Sri Lankan curry-leaf, the leaves of Murraya koenigii, inhibited melanogenesis in theophylline-stimulated murine B16 melanoma 4A5 cells...
- A new chelating resin for preconcentration and determination of Mn(II), Ni(II), Cu(II), Zn(II), Cd(II), and Pb(II) by flame atomic absorption spectrometryMohan A Maheswari
Indian Institute of Technology, Department of Chemistry, Chennai 600 036, India
J AOAC Int 86:1218-24. 2003..metal ions from synthetic and real water samples, multivitamin-multimineral tablets, and curry leaves (Murraya koenigii) with relative standard deviations of < or = 3...
- Naloxone blocks the beneficial effects of aqueous extract of Murraya koenigii (L.) Spreng leaves in models of painR Gupta
Department of Pharmacology, University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:1748-51. 2013This study investigated the antinociceptive effects of aqueous extract of Murraya koenigii (AEMK) leaves (200, 400 and 800 mg/kg, orally) on animal models of acute and persistent pain and its modulation by naloxone.
- Apoptosis Effect of Girinimbine Isolated from Murraya koenigii on Lung Cancer Cells In VitroSyam Mohan
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:689865. 2013b>Murraya koenigii Spreng has been traditionally claimed as a remedy for cancer...
- Antibacterial activities of essential oils extracted from leaves of Murraya koenigii by solvent-free microwave extraction and hydro-distillationNaciye Erkan
Department of Environmental Sciences, Nova Scotia Agricultural College, P O Box 550, Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada B2N 5E3
Nat Prod Commun 7:121-4. 2012Solvent-free microwave extraction (SFME) for the isolation of essential oil from leaves of Murraya koenigii L...
- Murraya koenigii leaf extract inhibits proteasome activity and induces cell death in breast cancer cellsBindu Noolu
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, India
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:7. 2013..Recently, polyphenols/flavonoids have been reported to inhibit proteasome activity. Murraya koenigii Spreng, a medicinally important herb of Indian origin, has been used for centuries in the Ayurvedic ..
- Larvicidal efficacy of Sphaeranthus indicus, Cleistanthus collinus and Murraya koenigii leaf extracts against filarial vector, Culex quinquefasciatus Say (Diptera: Culicidae)Kalimuthu Kovendan
Division of Entomology, Department of Zoology, School of Life Sciences, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, 641 046, Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 111:1025-35. 2012Sphaeranthus indicus, Cleistanthus collinus and Murraya koenigii leaf extracts were tested against the third instar larvae of Culex quinquefasciatus. The plant material was shade dried at room temperature and powdered coarsely...
- Relationship between total phenolic content, antioxidant potential, and antiglycation abilities of common culinary herbs and spicesJugjeet S Ramkissoon
Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Mauritius, Reduit, Mauritius
J Med Food 15:1116-23. 2012..161), and the antiglycation activity (r=0.034) for the extracts studied. Therefore, the results showed that antiglycation properties of plant-derived extracts cannot always be attributed to their phenolic content or antioxidant potential...
- Apoptosis of HL-60 leukemia cells induced by carbazole alkaloids isolated from Murraya euchrestifoliaChihiro Ito
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, 150 Yagotoyama, Tempaku ku, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
J Nat Med 66:357-61. 2012We carried out primary screening of 13 carbazole alkaloids isolated from the plant species Murraya euchrestifolia (Rutaceae) on cell growth inhibition of the human leukemia cell line HL-60...
- Efficacy of carbazole alkaloids, essential oil and extract of Murraya koenigii in enhancing subcutaneous wound healing in ratsThilahgavani Nagappan
Laboratory of Natural Products Chemistry, Institute for Tropical Biology and Conservation, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, 88999 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Molecules 17:14449-63. 2012The traditional use of Murraya koenigii as Asian folk medicine prompted us to investigate its wound healing ability...
- Two new carbazole alkaloids from Murraya koenigiiYun Song Wang
The State Key Laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources in West China, Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan 650204, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 66:416-8. 2003Two new carbazole alkaloids named murrayanine (1) and 8,8' '-biskoenigine (2) were isolated from Murraya koenigii. The structure elucidations for 1 and 2 were carried out on the basis of 1D and 2D NMR experiments...
- Oxidative potential of some endophytic fungi using 1-indanone as a substrateTaicia Pacheco Fill
Department of Chemistry, Federal University of Sao Carlos, CP 676, 13 565 905 São Carlos, SP, Brazil
J Microbiol Biotechnol 22:832-7. 2012..azedarach and Murraya paniculata. The results showed that Baeyer-Villiger were mostly active in fungi isolated from M. azedarach...
- Biguanide related compounds in traditional antidiabetic functional foodsVenu Perla
San Luis Valley Research Center, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Colorado State University, 0249 East County Road 9N, Center, CO 81125, USA
Food Chem 138:1574-80. 2013..of the Voges-Proskauer (V-P) assay suggest that the highest amounts of BRCs are present in green curry leaves (Murraya koenigii (L.) Sprengel) followed by fenugreek seeds (Trigonella foenum-graecum L...
- An update on Murraya koenigii spreng: a multifunctional Ayurvedic herbPriyanka Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar 470003, India
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 9:824-33. 2011b>Murraya koenigii Spreng (Rutaceae), a medicinally important herb of Indian origin, has been used for centuries in the Ayurvedic system of medicine. Leaves, fruits, roots and bark of this plant are a rich source of carbazole alkaloids...
- A new coumarin from Murraya paniculataMuhammad Iqbal Choudhary
International Center for Chemical Sciences, H E J Research Institute of Chemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
Planta Med 68:81-3. 2002..was isolated along with two previously known compounds murranganone (2) and paniculatin (3) from the leaves of Murraya paniculata...
- Evaluation of anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities of Murraya exoticaLonghuo Wu
Engineering Research Center of Molecular Medicine, Ministry of Education and Institute of Molecular Medicine, Huaqiao University, Quanzhou, Republic of China
Pharm Biol 48:1344-53. 2010Leaves of Murraya exotica L. (Rutaceae) are used for the treatment of various disorders such as cough, fever, and infectious wounds, as well as alleviating pains in folk medicine in southern China.
- Murraya Koenigii leaf-assisted rapid green synthesis of silver and gold nanoparticlesDaizy Philip
Department of Physics, Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvananthapuram 695 015, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 78:899-904. 2011A facile bottom-up 'green' and rapid synthetic route using Murraya Koenigii leaf extract as reducing and stabilizing agent produced silver nanoparticles at ambient conditions and gold nanoparticles at 373 K...
- Beneficial effect of the leaves of Murraya koenigii (Linn.) Spreng (Rutaceae) on diabetes-induced renal damage in vivoHassan Yankuzo
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, International Islamic University Malaysia, 25200 Kuantan, Pahang, Darul Makmur, Malaysia
J Ethnopharmacol 135:88-94. 2011b>Murraya koenigii (Linn.) Spreng (curry leaf) is widely used as a nephroprotective agent in kidney's infirmities among diabetics by the traditional practitioners in Malaysia...
- Isolation and structure elucidation of a new prenylcoumarin from Murraya paniculata var. omphalocarpa (Rutaceae)Takeshi Kinoshita
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Kanagawa, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:118-20. 2002A new C-8 prenylated 5,7-dimethoxycoumarin named omphamurrayin was isolated from the leaves of Murraya paniculata var...
- A new carbazole alkaloid from the leaves of Malayan Murraya koenigiiKooi Mow Sim
Department of Chemical Science, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Jalan Universiti, Bandar Barat, 39100 Kampar, Perak, Malaysia
J Asian Nat Prod Res 13:972-5. 2011..carbazole alkaloid, 7-hydroxymurrayazolinine (1), was isolated from the ethanol extract of the leaves of Malayan Murraya koenigii, together with five known carbazole alkaloids, mahanimbine (2), bicyclomahanimbine (3), girinimbine (4), ..
- Larvicidal activities of six plants extracts against two mosquito species, Aedes aegypti and Anopheles stephensiS V Patil
School of Life Sciences, North Maharashtra University, Post Box 80, Jalgaon 425001, Maharashtra, India
Trop Biomed 27:360-5. 2010..Balanites aegyptica L., Calotropis gigantica L., Murraya koenigii L., Nyctanthes arbor-tristis L. and Plumbago zeylanica L...
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of Murraya koenigii trypsin inhibitorChandan Shee
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667, India
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 63:318-9. 2007A Kunitz-type trypsin inhibitor purified from the seeds of Murraya koenigii has been crystallized by the sitting-drop vapour-diffusion method using PEG 8000 as the precipitating agent...
- Phenolic antioxidants from herbs and spicesN Nakatani
Department of Food aind Nutrition, Faculty of Human Life Science, Osaka City University, Sumiyoshi, Japan
Biofactors 13:141-6. 2000..From the family Myrtaceae, 25 compounds from the berries of Pimenta dioica were determined and 3 carbazoles were isolated from Murraya koenigii. Structure-activity relationships of some of the isolated compounds were also discussed.
- Characterization of seventy polymethoxylated flavonoids (PMFs) in the leaves of Murraya paniculata by on-line high-performance liquid chromatography coupled to photodiode array detection and electrospray tandem mass spectrometryJia Yu Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100191, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 56:950-61. 2011..method was established to screen and identify the polymethoxylated flavonoids (PMFs) in the leaves of Murraya paniculata (L.) Jack. 16 PMF standards were first to be analyzed in positive mode by the CID-MS/MS...
- The evolution of CMA bands in Citrus and related generaAna Emília Barros e Silva
Laboratory of Plant Cytogenetics, Department of Botany, Federal University of Pernambuco, 50 670 420, Recife, PE, Brazil
Chromosome Res 18:503-14. 2010..and four species of the subfamily Aurantioideae, which were less related to Citrus (Atalantia monophylla, Murraya paniculata, Severinia buxifolia, and Triphasia trifolia)...
- Hepatoprotective effects of aqueous leaf extract and crude isolates of Murraya koenigii against in vitro ethanol-induced hepatotoxicity modelSadhana Sathaye
Department of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai, N P Marg, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, Maharashtra, India
Exp Toxicol Pathol 63:587-91. 2011..The ethno medicinal plant, Murraya koeniggi (Curry-leaf tree) as is native to India exhibits diverse biological activities...
- [Study on the volatile oils of Murraya microphylla]L Zou
Department of Pharmacy, Guangzhou General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Region, Guangzhou 510010
Zhong Yao Cai 21:569-71. 1998The essential oils from the leaves of Murraya microphylla (Merr. et Chun) Swing. growing in Sangya city, Hainan province have been studied by GC-MS and 22 compounds have been isolated and identified...
- Some morphological and anatomical studies of leaves and flowers of Murraya paniculata (Jack) Linn. in vivo and in vitroRosna Mat Taha
Institute of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pak J Biol Sci 11:1021-6. 2008In the present study, various explants of Murraya paniculata (Jack) Linn...
- Autecology of the common mormon butterfly, Papilio polytes (Lepidoptera : Rhopalocera : Papilionidae)J B Atluri
Department of Botany, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530 003, Andhras Pradesh, India
J Environ Biol 23:199-204. 2002..feed on a variety of floral species. The larval food plants in the study area included Citrus limon and Murraya koenigii both of the family Rutaceae. The eggs are laid singly, and the hatching time is three days...
- Total synthesis of (+/-)-murrayazolineAkiko Ueno
Department of Applied Chemistry, Keio University, 3 14 1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
Org Lett 10:1999-2002. 2008..The N-substituted carbazole component was synthesized in one pot by the double N-arylation of a sterically hindered amine with a dibromobiphenyl derivative...
- Induction of apoptosis in human leukaemia HL-60 cells by furanone-coumarins from Murraya siamensisTomiyasu Murata
Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Tempaku ku, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:385-9. 2008To identify potential anti-tumour agents, we screened five furanone-coumarins isolated from Murraya siamensis Craib (Rutaceae) for their ability to inhibit the growth of human leukaemia HL-60 cells...
- Antiplatelet aggregation coumarins from the leaves of Murraya omphalocarpaYi Chen Chia
Department of Food Science and Technology, Ta Jen University, Ping Tung Hsien, Taiwan
Molecules 13:122-8. 2008..two coumarins: minumicroline acetonide (1) and epimurpaniculol senecioate (2), were isolated from the leaves of Murraya omphalocarpa Hayata (Rutaceae)...
- Dynamics of traffic noise in a tropical city Varanasi and its abatement through vegetationVinita Pathak
Department of Botany, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 221005, India
Environ Monit Assess 146:67-75. 2008..Four plant species Putranjeva roxburghi, Cestrum nocturnum, Hibiscus rosasinensis and Murraya peniculata were tested for noise reduction study at different frequencies. Experiment revealed the fact that H...
- Brunneocorticium pyriforme, a new corticioid fungal genus and species belonging to the euagarics cladeSheng Hua Wu
Department of Botany, National Museum of Natural Science, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Mycologia 99:302-9. 2007..Basidiocarps often occur on bark of living Murraya spp. (Rutaceae). Basidiocarps of B...
- Structure-function studies of Murraya koenigii trypsin inhibitor revealed a stable core beta sheet structure surrounded by alpha-helices with a possible role for alpha-helix in inhibitory functionChandan Shee
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247667, India
Int J Biol Macromol 41:410-4. 2007Structure-function studies of Murraya koenigii trypsin inhibitor revealed a compact structure made of central beta-sheet surrounded by alpha-helices with differences in structure and functional stability...
- Identification of dioxin and dioxin-like polychlorbiphenyls in plant tissues and contaminated soilsJin Juh Jou
Environmental Engineering Graduate School, National Central University and Environmental Analysis Laboratory, EPA, Taiwan, ROC
J Hazard Mater 149:174-9. 2007..analyzed ten species of plant tissues, including tappa (Boussonetia papyrifera) and common jasmin orange (Murraya paniculata) from sites in southern Taiwan, with different levels of contamination...
- Bioactive coumarins from the leaves of Murraya omphalocarpaKeh Shaw Chen
Ta Jen Pharmaceutical Junior College, Ping Tung Hsien, Taiwan, R O C
Planta Med 69:654-7. 2003..murrayanone, omphamurin (5), murragleinin, mexoticin, and murrangatin, were isolated from the leaves of Murraya omphalocarpa. Compound 1 is new, and 5 is a new enantiomer of omphamurin...
- Purification and characterization of a trypsin inhibitor from seeds of Murraya koenigiiChandan Shee
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247 667, India
J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem 22:115-20. 2007A protein with trypsin inhibitory activity was purified to homogeneity from the seeds of Murraya koenigii (curry leaf tree) by ion exchange chromatography and gel filtration chromatography on HPLC...
- Curry leavesM V Math
Br Dent J 197:519. 2004
- Chemical constituents of Murraya siamensis: three coumarins and their anti-tumor promoting effectChihiro Ito
Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Tempaku, Nagoya 468 8503, Japan
Phytochemistry 66:567-72. 2005..of three coumarins, murrayacoumarins A, B, and C, together with eight known coumarins, from the leaves of Murraya siamensis Craib collected in Thailand are described...
- Two new dimeric coumarins isolated from Murraya exoticaNaoko Negi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mukogawa Women s University 9 11 68 Koshein, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8179, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:1180-2. 2005Bismurrangatin and murramarin A, two new coumarins, were isolated from the vegetative branches of Murraya exotica. Murramarin A is a rare type of bicoumarin that connects two coumarin moieties by orthoester structure...
- Coumarin-related compounds as plant growth inhibitors from two rutaceous plants in ThailandS Jiwajinda
Central Laboratory and Greenhouse Complex, Kasetsart University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:420-3. 2000..from Rutaceous plants in Thailand led us to identify five 7-methoxycoumarins and one 5,7-dimethoxycoumarin from Murraya paniculata, and six furanocoumarins from Citrus aurantifolia...
- Hypoglycemic and antihyperglycemic activity of Murraya koenigii leaves in diabetic ratsS Yadav
Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Science, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
J Ethnopharmacol 82:111-6. 2002The commonly used spice curry patta (Murraya koenigii) is traditionally consumed by diabetics in southern part of India...
- Leaves of orange jasmine (Murraya paniculata) as indicators of airborne heavy metal in Bangkok, ThailandTeerawet Titseesang
International Postgraduate Program in Environmental Management, National Center of Excellence for Environmental and Hazardous Waste Management, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1140:282-9. 2008Orange jasmine (Murraya paniculata) leaves were collected from three different sites in the area of Bangkok and in a remote area as a control site...
- The effects of host, geographic origin, and gender on the thermal requirements of Diaphorina citri (Hemiptera: Psyllidae)Dori E Nava
Laboratorio de Entomologia, Embrapa Clima Temperado, 96001 970 Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Environ Entomol 39:678-84. 2010..limonia [Rutaceae]) and the natural host, Orange jessamine (Murraya paniculata [Rutaceae]). To study the influence of geographic origin on thermal requirements, we studied D...
- Influence of host plants on feeding, growth and reproduction of Papilio polytes (The common mormon)K Shobana
Department of Zoology, School of Life Sciences, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
J Insect Physiol 56:1065-70. 2010..growth and reproductive behaviour of Papilio polytes (common mormon butterfly) on five different host plants, Murraya koenigii, Toddalia asiatica, Glycosmis pentaphylla, Aegle marmelos and Citrus medica. The growth rate of P...
- Fluorescent epigenetic small molecule induces expression of the tumor suppressor ras-association domain family 1A and inhibits human prostate xenograftKathryn D Sheikh
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Med Chem 53:2376-82. 2010..Recently, we designed and synthesized a fluorescent carbazole analogue of mahanine (alkaloid from Murraya koenigii) that restored RASSF1A mRNA expression...
- Safety and toxicological evaluation of a novel anti-obesity formulation LI85008F in animalsA V Krishnaraju
Laila Impex R and D Centre, Unit I, Phase III, Jawahar Autonagar, Vijayawada 520007, India
Toxicol Mech Methods 20:59-68. 2010LI85008F is a novel synergistic composition of Moringa oleifera, Murraya koenigi, and Curcuma longa...
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitory potential of a carbazole alkaloid, mahanimbine, from Murraya koenigiiN Satheesh Kumar
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Natural Product Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700032, India
Phytother Res 24:629-31. 2010..methylpent-3-enyl)-11H-pyrano [5, 6-a] carbazole], was isolated from the petroleum ether extract of the leaves of Murraya koenigii. Inhibition of AChE was evaluated based on Ellman's method using 96-well microplate readers...
- Cloning, sequence analysis and crystal structure determination of a miraculin-like protein from Murraya koenigiiDeepankar Gahloth
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India
Arch Biochem Biophys 494:15-22. 2010Earlier, the purification of a 21.4kDa protein with trypsin inhibitory activity from seeds of Murraya koenigii has been reported...
- Roles of olfactory cues, visual cues, and mating status in orientation of Diaphorina citri Kuwayama (Hemiptera: Psyllidae) to four different host plantsErik J Wenninger
USDA ARS, U S Horticultural Research Laboratory, Subtropical Insects Research Unit, 2001 South Rock Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34945, USA
Environ Entomol 38:225-34. 2009..navel orange (C. sinensis L.), and Murraya paniculata L. Jack...
- Antidiarrhoeal activity of carbazole alkaloids from Murraya koenigii Spreng (Rutaceae) seedsSuvra Mandal
Department of Chemistry, National Research Institute of Ayurveda for Drug Development, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700091, India
Fitoterapia 81:72-4. 2010The bioassay guided fractionation of the n-hexane extract of the seeds of Murraya koenigii Spreng (Rutaceae) resulted in the isolation of three bioactive carbazole alkaloids, kurryam (I), koenimbine (II) and koenine (III)...
- Larvicidal activities of three plants against filarial vector Culex quinquefasciatus Say (Diptera: Culicidae)Anjali Rawani
Department of Zoology, Mosquito and Microbiology Research Institute, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan, 713104 West Bengal, India
Parasitol Res 105:1411-7. 2009..Carica papaya, Murraya paniculata and Cleistanthus collinus against Culex quinquefasciatus as target species...
- Effects of genistein on the progression of prostate cancerPARTHA BANERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will lead to more effective prostate cancer prevention and control strategies in humans. ..