Genomes and Genes
Summary: A plant genus of the family RUTACEAE. They bear the familiar citrus fruits including oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and limes. There are many hybrids which makes the nomenclature confusing.
Publications316 found, 100 shown here
- Deep sequencing discovery of novel and conserved microRNAs in trifoliate orange (Citrus trifoliata)Changnian Song
College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
BMC Genomics 11:431. 2010..Deep sequencing technologies have facilitated identification of species-specific or lowly expressed as well as conserved or highly expressed miRNAs in plants...
- Assessing genetic diversity and population structure in a citrus germplasm collection utilizing simple sequence repeat markers (SSRs)Noelle A Barkley
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences and Graduate Program in Genetics, Genomics, and Bioinformatics, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Theor Appl Genet 112:1519-31. 2006..simple sequence repeat (SSR) markers were used to detect molecular polymorphisms among 370 mostly sexually derived Citrus accessions from the collection of citrus germplasm maintained at the University of California, Riverside...
- Reference genes for accurate transcript normalization in citrus genotypes under different experimental conditionsValéria Mafra
Laboratorio de Biotecnologia, Centro de Citricultura Sylvio Moreira, Cordeirópolis São Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e31263. 2012..of 15 candidate genes to determine which set of reference genes is best suited for transcript normalization in citrus in different tissues and organs and leaves challenged with five pathogens (Alternaria alternata, Phytophthora ..
- Complete genome sequence of citrus huanglongbing bacterium, 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' obtained through metagenomicsYongping Duan
USDA ARS USHRL, Fort Pierce, FL 34945, U S A
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1011-20. 2009b>Citrus huanglongbing is the most destructive disease of citrus worldwide...
- 'Ca. Liberibacter asiaticus' carries an excision plasmid prophage and a chromosomally integrated prophage that becomes lytic in plant infectionsShujian Zhang
Plant Pathology Dept, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:458-68. 2011Huanglongbing (HLB), also known as citrus greening, is a lethal disease of citrus caused by several species of 'Candidatus Liberibacter', a psyllid-transmitted, phloem-limited, alpha proteobacteria. 'Ca...
- Genome-wide mutagenesis of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri reveals novel genetic determinants and regulation mechanisms of biofilm formationJinyun Li
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, Lake Alfred, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21804. 2011Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri (Xac) causes citrus canker disease, a major threat to citrus production worldwide...
- Response of sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) to 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' infection: microscopy and microarray analysesJeong Soon Kim
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
Phytopathology 99:50-7. 2009b>Citrus greening or huanglongbing (HLB) is a devastating disease of citrus. HLB is associated with the phloem-limited fastidious prokaryotic alpha-proteobacterium 'Candidatus Liberibacter spp...
- Evidence of multiple recombination events between two RNA sequence variants within a Citrus tristeza virus isolateMaría C Vives
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Ctra Moncada Naquera km 4 5, 46113 Moncada, Valencia, Spain
Virology 331:232-7. 2005Analysis of sequence variants of a natural Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) isolate (SY568) revealed that its population was composed of three sequence types: (I) the most frequent type had > or =97...
- Citrus tristeza virus: survival at the edge of the movement continuumSvetlana Y Folimonova
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
J Virol 82:6546-56. 2008..We examined the systemic distribution of Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) in citrus species with a range of susceptibilities...
- Development of genomic resources for Citrus clementina: characterization of three deep-coverage BAC libraries and analysis of 46,000 BAC end sequencesJavier Terol
Centro de Genomica, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Carretera Moncada, Náquera, Km 4, 5 Moncada, Valencia, E46113, Spain
BMC Genomics 9:423. 2008b>Citrus species constitute one of the major tree fruit crops of the subtropical regions with great economic importance...
- Proteomics reveals the overlapping roles of hydrogen peroxide and nitric oxide in the acclimation of citrus plants to salinityGeorgia Tanou
Laboratory of Agricultural Chemistry, School of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, University Campus, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Plant J 60:795-804. 2009..Here, we investigated the effect of pre-treating citrus plants (Citrus aurantium L...
- Transferability of the EST-SSRs developed on Nules clementine (Citrus clementina Hort ex Tan) to other Citrus species and their effectiveness for genetic mappingFrançois L Luro
INRA, Unité de Recherche GEQA, INRA San Giuliano, 20230 San Nicolao, France
BMC Genomics 9:287. 2008..In citrus, previously developed microsatellite markers were arisen from genomic libraries and more often located in non ..
- Current epidemiological understanding of citrus Huanglongbing Tim R Gottwald
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, US Horticultural Research Laboratory, Fort Pierce, Florida, USA tim gottwald ars usda gov
Annu Rev Phytopathol 48:119-39. 2010Huanglongbing (HLB) is the most destructive citrus pathosystem worldwide. Previously known primarily from Asia and Africa, it was introduced into the Western Hemisphere in 2004...
- Update on uses and properties of citrus flavonoids: new findings in anticancer, cardiovascular, and anti-inflammatory activityO Benavente-García
Research and Development Department of Nutrafur Furfural Español S A, Camino Viejo de Pliego s n, 80320 Alcantarilla, Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 56:6185-205. 2008Significantly, much of the activity of Citrus flavonoids appears to impact blood and microvascular endothelial cells, and it is not surprising that the two main areas of research on the biological actions of Citrus flavonoids have been ..
- Quantitative real-time PCR for detection and identification of Candidatus Liberibacter species associated with citrus huanglongbingWenbin Li
National Plant Germplasm and Biotechnology Laboratory, USDA APHIS PPQ CPHST, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Microbiol Methods 66:104-15. 2006b>Citrus huanglongbing (HLB, ex greening) is one of the most serious diseases of citrus. Different forms of the disease are caused by different Candidatus Liberobacter species, Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus (Las), Ca. L...
- Callose deposition in the phloem plasmodesmata and inhibition of phloem transport in citrus leaves infected with "Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus"Eun Ji Koh
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Protoplasma 249:687-97. 2012Huanglongbing (HLB) is a destructive disease of citrus trees caused by phloem-limited bacteria, Candidatus Liberibacter spp. One of the early microscopic manifestations of HLB is excessive starch accumulation in leaf chloroplasts...
- Novel demonstration of RNAi in citrus reveals importance of citrus callose synthase in defence against Xanthomonas citri subsp. citriRamón Enrique
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR CONICET, Area Virologia, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha, Rosario, Argentina
Plant Biotechnol J 9:394-407. 2011b>Citrus is an economically important fruit crop that is severely afflicted by citrus canker, a disease caused by the bacterial phytopathogen, Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri (Xcc)...
- 'Candidatus Liberibacter americanus', associated with citrus huanglongbing (greening disease) in São Paulo State, BrazilDiva do Carmo Teixeira
Fundecitrus, Av Dr Adhemar Pereira de Barros, 201, CEP 14807 040, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:1857-62. 2005..Like the African and the Asian liberibacters, the 'American' liberibacter is restricted to the sieve tubes of the citrus host...
- The pathogenicity determinant of Citrus tristeza virus causing the seedling yellows syndrome maps at the 3'-terminal region of the viral genomeMaria R Albiach-Marti
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Centro de Proteccion Vegetal y Biotecnologia, Crta Moncada Náquera Km 4 5, Moncada, 46113 Valencia, Spain
Mol Plant Pathol 11:55-67. 2010b>Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) (genus Closterovirus, family Closteroviridae) causes some of the more important viral diseases of citrus worldwide...
- Biofilm formation, epiphytic fitness, and canker development in Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citriLuciano A Rigano
Fundación Pablo Cassará, Centro de Ciencia y Tecnología Dr Cesar Milstein, Saladillo 2468 C1440FFX, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20:1222-30. 2007The phytopathogenic bacterium Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri is responsible for the canker disease affecting citrus plants throughout the world...
- Modulation of the antioxidant system in Citrus under waterlogging and subsequent drainageZahed Hossain
Departament de Ciencies Agraries i del Medi Natural, Universitat Jaume I, Campus Riu Sec, E 12071 Castello de la Plana, Spain
J Plant Physiol 166:1391-404. 2009..To examine the influence of different anoxic and post-anoxic periods on citrus physiology, citrumelo CPB4475, a moderate flood-tolerant genotype, was subjected to three different periods of ..
- Selection of reference genes for quantitative real-time RT-PCR analysis in citrusJiawen Yan
Horticulture and Landscape College, Hunan Agricultural University, Furong District, Changsha, 410128 Hunan, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:1831-8. 2012..In plants, only a few of them have been investigated, and very few reports about such reference genes in citrus. In the present study, seven candidate reference genes (18SrRNA, ACTB, rpII, UBQI, UBQ10, GAPDH and TUB) were ..
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia Risso) fruit extracts as γ-globin gene expression inducers: phytochemical and functional perspectivesAlessandra Guerrini
Department of Biology and Evolution, Agro technological and Pharmaceutical Resources, Agri Unife, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 57:4103-11. 2009Epicarps of Citrus bergamia fruits from organic farming were extracted with the objective of obtaining derived products differently rich in coumarins and psoralens...
- Novel insights into the genomic basis of citrus canker based on the genome sequences of two strains of Xanthomonas fuscans subsp. aurantifoliiLeandro M Moreira
Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Instituto de Ciências Exatas e Biológicas, Campus Morro do Cruzeiro, Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto, Ouro Preto, MG, Brazil
BMC Genomics 11:238. 2010b>Citrus canker is a disease that has severe economic impact on the citrus industry worldwide. There are three types of canker, called A, B, and C. The three types have different phenotypes and affect different citrus species...
- The YAP1 homolog-mediated oxidative stress tolerance is crucial for pathogenicity of the necrotrophic fungus Alternaria alternata in citrusChing Hsuan Lin
Citrus Research and Education Center, and Department of Plant Pathology, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences IFAS, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Rd, Lake Alfred 33850, U S A
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:942-52. 2009b>Citrus brown spot disease is caused by the necrotrophic fungus Alternaria alternata. Its pathogenic capability has been thought to depend exclusively on the production of host-selective ACT toxin...
- Safety and efficacy of citrus aurantium for weight lossStephen Bent
Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:1359-61. 2004To examine the safety and efficacy of citrus aurantium, an herb now commonly used as a substitute for ephedra in dietary supplements marketed to promote weight loss, we conducted a systematic review...
- Nobiletin, a citrus flavonoid, improves memory impairment and Abeta pathology in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseHiroshi Onozuka
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, 6 3 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 326:739-44. 2008..Our recent studies have demonstrated that nobiletin, a polymethoxylated flavone from citrus peels, enhances cAMP/protein kinase A/extracellular signal-regulated kinase/cAMP response element-binding protein ..
- Citrus tristeza virus: a pathogen that changed the course of the citrus industryPedro Moreno
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Cra Moncada Náquera Km 4 5, Moncada, 46113 Valencia, Spain
Mol Plant Pathol 9:251-68. 2008b>Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) (genus Closterovirus, family Closteroviridae) is the causal agent of devastating epidemics that changed the course of the citrus industry...
- The complete mitochondrial genome of the citrus red mite Panonychus citri (Acari: Tetranychidae): high genome rearrangement and extremely truncated tRNAsMing Long Yuan
Key Laboratory of Entomology and Pest Control Engineering, College of Plant Protection, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, China
BMC Genomics 11:597. 2010..In this study, we sequenced the complete mitochondrial genome of Panonychus citri (Family Tetranychidae), a worldwide citrus pest, and provide a comparison to other Acari.
- Cultivation of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus', 'Ca. L. africanus', and 'Ca. L. americanus' associated with huanglongbingA Sechler
U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service Foreign Disease Weed Science Research, Ft Detrick, MD 21702, USA
Phytopathology 99:480-6. 2009..the suspect causative agents of huanglongbing (HLB) in citrus. The medium containing citrus vein extract and a growth factor sustained growth of 'Ca. Liberibacter spp...
- Effect of citrus flavonoids on lipid metabolism and glucose-regulating enzyme mRNA levels in type-2 diabetic miceUn Ju Jung
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Kyungpook National University, 1370 San Kyuk Dong Puk Ku, 702 701 Daegu, Republic of Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 38:1134-45. 2006....
- Confirmation of the sequence of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' and assessment of microbial diversity in Huanglongbing-infected citrus phloem using a metagenomic approachHeather L Tyler
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1624-34. 2009The citrus disease Huanglongbing (HLB) is highly destructive in many citrus-growing regions of the world...
- A new set of ESTs and cDNA clones from full-length and normalized libraries for gene discovery and functional characterization in citrusM Carmen Marques
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Plantas, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia and Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Avenida de los Naranjos s n, Valencia 46022, Spain
BMC Genomics 10:428. 2009..In addition, the development of full-length cDNA sequences has the power to improve the quality of genome annotation...
- Complete sequence of the citrus tristeza virus RNA genomeA V Karasev
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, Lake Alfred 33850 2299, USA
Virology 208:511-20. 1995The sequence of the entire genome of citrus tristeza virus (CTV), Florida isolate T36, was completed. The 19,296-nt CTV genome encodes 12 open reading frames (ORFs) potentially coding for at least 17 protein products...
- Diffusible signal factor-mediated quorum sensing plays a central role in coordinating gene expression of Xanthomonas citri subsp. citriYinping Guo
Department of Microbiology and Cell Sciences, University of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:165-79. 2012..citri subsp. citri. The unique genes controlled by RpfC and RpfG, respectively, support the possibility that RpfC and RpfG play broader roles in gene regulation other than transduction of DSF signals...
- Alternate bearing in citrus: changes in the expression of flowering control genes and in global gene expression in ON- versus OFF-crop treesLiron Shalom
Department of Fruit Tree Sciences, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, Israel
PLoS ONE 7:e46930. 2012..Results shed light on some of the metabolic and regulatory processes that are altered in ON and OFF buds...
- Effects of limonene and essential oil from Citrus aurantium on gastric mucosa: role of prostaglandins and gastric mucus secretionThiago M Moraes
Sao Paulo State University, Department of Physiology, Rubiao Junior, CP 510, CEP 18618 000, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chem Biol Interact 180:499-505. 2009Essential oil from Citrus aurantium and the monoterpene limonene are widely used flavoring agents that are found in some common food items. This specie is also used medicinally throughout the world to treat gastritis and gastric disorders...
- Antioxidant activity, phenol and flavonoid contents of 13 citrus species peels and tissuesKamran Ghasemi
Department of Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, Gorgan University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Gorgan, Iran
Pak J Pharm Sci 22:277-81. 2009Methanolic extracts of 13 commercially available citrus spp., peels and tissues growing in Iran were investigated for their antioxidant activity by DPPH method. IC50 for antioxidant activity ranged from 0.6-3.8 mg ml(-1)...
- Transformation of Mexican lime with an intron-hairpin construct expressing untranslatable versions of the genes coding for the three silencing suppressors of Citrus tristeza virus confers complete resistance to the virusNuria Soler
Centro de Proteccion Vegetal y Biotecnologia, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias IVIA, Valencia, Spain
Plant Biotechnol J 10:597-608. 2012b>Citrus tristeza virus (CTV), the causal agent of the most devastating viral disease of citrus, has evolved three silencing suppressor proteins acting at intra- (p23 and p20) and/or intercellular level (p20 and p25) to overcome host ..
- Natural products for cancer-targeted therapy: citrus flavonoids as potent chemopreventive agentsEdy Meiyanto
Cancer Chemoprevention Research Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:427-36. 2012..Natural products being rich of flavonoids are those fruits belong to the genus citrus. Ethanolic extract of Citrus reticulata and Citrus aurantiifolia peels showed anticarcinogenic, antiproliferative, ..
- Requirement of the galU gene for polysaccharide production by and pathogenicity and growth In Planta of Xanthomonas citri subsp. citriYinping Guo
Citrus Research and Education Center, Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida IFAS, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2234-42. 2010Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri is the causal agent of citrus canker, which has a significant impact on citrus production. In this study, we characterized the galU gene of X. citri subsp. citri...
- Examination of the responses of different genotypes of citrus to huanglongbing (citrus greening) under different conditionsSvetlana Y Folimonova
Citrus Reserach and Education Center, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred 33850, USA
Phytopathology 99:1346-54. 2009ABSTRACT Citrus Huanglongbing (HLB) is one of the most devastating diseases of citrus worldwide. The causal agent of HLB in Florida is thought to be 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus'...
- Anti-inflammatory effects of limonene from yuzu (Citrus junos Tanaka) essential oil on eosinophilsRyoji Hirota
Dept of Environmental Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Oko, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
J Food Sci 75:H87-92. 2010Yuzu (Citrus junos Tanaka) has been used as a traditional medicine in Japan. We investigated in vitro anti-inflammatory effects of limonene from yuzu peel on human eosinophilic leukemia HL-60 clone 15 cells...
- Enhancement or attenuation of disease by deletion of genes from Citrus tristeza virusSatyanarayana Tatineni
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, Lake Alfred, Florida, USA
J Virol 86:7850-7. 2012..These alterations interfere with carbohydrate transport, resulting in reduced plant growth and yield. Citrus tristeza virus (CTV), a phloem-limited closterovirus, induces economically important stem-pitting diseases of ..
- Oxidative and nitrosative-based signaling and associated post-translational modifications orchestrate the acclimation of citrus plants to salinity stressGeorgia Tanou
Faculty of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, University Campus, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Plant J 72:585-99. 2012..external conditions, local and systemic responses were investigated in the roots and leaves of sour orange plants (Citrus aurantium L...
- CgSL2, an S-like RNase gene in 'Zigui shatian' pummelo (Citrus grandis Osbeck), is involved in ovary senescenceLijun Chai
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:1-8. 2011Zigui shatian' pummelo (Citrus grandis Osbeck) is one nature mutant from 'Shatian' pummelo, which showed self-compatibility, because self-pollen tubes were not arrested in the style, moreover abnormal post-zygotic development in ovary ..
- Genotype composition of populations of grapefruit-cross-protecting citrus tristeza virus strain GFMS12 in different host plants and aphid-transmitted sub-isolatesKatherine Anne Scott
Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology and FABI, University of Pretoria Citrus Research International, New Agricultural building, Lunnon Road, Hatfield 0002, South Africa
Arch Virol 158:27-37. 2013b>Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) causes severe losses in grapefruit production in South Africa and requires mild-strain cross-protection to maintain production...
- The evolutionary rate of citrus tristeza virus ranks among the rates of the slowest RNA virusesGonçalo Silva
Plant Virology Laboratory, Center for Biodiversity, Functional and Integrative Genomics BioFIG, Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, 8005 139 Faro, Portugal
J Gen Virol 93:419-29. 2012b>Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) has been studied intensively at the molecular level. However, knowledge regarding the dynamics of its evolution is practically non-existent...
- Comparative analysis of the volatile fraction of fruit juice from different Citrus speciesM Carmen González-Mas
Centro de Citricultura, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Moncada, Valencia, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e22016. 2011The volatile composition of fruit from four Citrus varieties (Powell Navel orange, Clemenules mandarine, and Fortune mandarine and Chandler pummelo) covering four different species has been studied...
- The citrus flavonoids hesperidin and naringin do not affect serum cholesterol in moderately hypercholesterolemic men and womenIsabelle Demonty
Unilever RampD Vlaardingen, Vlaardingen 3130 AC, The Netherlands
J Nutr 140:1615-20. 2010The citrus flavonoids hesperidin and naringin have been suggested to lower blood total (TC) and LDL-cholesterol (LDL-C) both in animal models and humans. However, the evidence from previous studies in humans is not convincing...
- Comparative genomic analysis of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citrumelo F1, which causes citrus bacterial spot disease, and related strains provides insights into virulence and host specificityNeha Jalan
Citrus Research and Education Center, Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
J Bacteriol 193:6342-57. 2011Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citrumelo is a citrus pathogen causing citrus bacterial spot disease that is geographically restricted within the state of Florida...
- The Xanthomonas citri effector protein PthA interacts with citrus proteins involved in nuclear transport, protein folding and ubiquitination associated with DNA repairMariane Noronha Domingues
Centro Nacional de Pesquisa em Energia e Materiais, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Mol Plant Pathol 11:663-75. 2010..citri utilizes the type III effector protein PthA to modulate host transcription to promote citrus canker...
- Phytochemical profile, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and hypoglycemic potential of hydroalcoholic extracts from Citrus medica L. cv Diamante flowers, leaves and fruits at two maturity stagesFederica Menichini
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy and Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Calabria, I 87036 Arcavacata di Rende CS, Italy
Food Chem Toxicol 49:1549-55. 2011..for the first time the chemical composition and the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and hypoglycemic potential of Citrus medica L. cv Diamante flowers, leaves and fruits (endocarp and mesocarp) at two maturity stages...
- Flavonoid profiling in leaves of citrus genotypes under different environmental situationsJules D Djoukeng
Departament de Ciencies Agraries i del Medi Natural, Universitat Jaume I, Castello de la Plana, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 56:11087-97. 2008Citrumelo CPB 4475 and Carrizo citrange are two citrus genotypes that differ in their tolerance to abiotic stress...
- High-efficiency Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of citrus via sonication and vacuum infiltrationMaria Luiza Peixoto de Oliveira
Plant Biology Department, Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory BIOAGRO, Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Plant Cell Rep 28:387-95. 2009An improved method for the Agrobacterium infiltration of epicotyl segments of 'Pineapple' sweet orange [Citrus sinensis (L.) Osbeck] and 'Swingle' citrumelo [Citrus paradisi Macf. X Poncirus trifoliata (L.) Raf...
- Citrus aurantium and synephrine alkaloids in the treatment of overweight and obesity: an updateS Haaz
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Obes Rev 7:79-88. 2006..Another substance, Citrus aurantium, which contains several compounds including synephrine alkaloids, has been suggested as a safe ..
- Ethylene-induced differential gene expression during abscission of citrus leavesJavier Agusti
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Centro de Genomica, Ctra de Moncada Náquera km 4 5, E 46113 Moncada, Valencia, Spain
J Exp Bot 59:2717-33. 2008..of this work was to identify and classify genes involved in the process of leaf abscission in Clementina de Nules (Citrus clementina Hort. Ex Tan.)...
- Fungal multienzyme production on industrial by-products of the citrus-processing industryDiomi Mamma
Biotechnology Laboratory, School of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, 9 Iroon Polytechniou Str, Zografou Campus, 157 80 Zografou, Attica, Greece
Bioresour Technol 99:2373-83. 2008Orange peels is the principal solid by-product of the citrus processing industry and the disposal of the fresh peels is becoming a major problem to many factories...
- Contribution of recombination and selection to molecular evolution of Citrus tristeza virusSusana Martin
Centro de Proteccion Vegetal y Biotecnologia, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Moncada, 46113 Valencia, Spain
J Gen Virol 90:1527-38. 2009The genetic variation of Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) was analysed by comparing the predominant sequence variants in seven genomic regions (p33, p65, p61, p18, p13, p20 and p23) of 18 pathogenically distinct isolates from seven different ..
- Computational identification of citrus microRNAs and target analysis in citrus expressed sequence tagsC Song
College of Horticulture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 12:927-34. 2010..We developed a comprehensive strategy for identifying new miRNA homologues by mining the repository of available citrus expressed sequence tags (ESTs)...
- Neurotrophic effect of citrus 5-hydroxy-3,6,7,8,3',4'-hexamethoxyflavone: promotion of neurite outgrowth via cAMP/PKA/CREB pathway in PC12 cellsHui Chi Lai
Department of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 6:e28280. 2011..5-OH-HxMF), a hydroxylated polymethoxyflavone, is found exclusively in the Citrus genus, particularly in the peels of sweet orange...
- High-throughput screening and analysis of genes of Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri involved in citrus canker symptom developmentQing Yan
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:69-84. 2012b>Citrus canker is caused by Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri and is one of the most devastating diseases on citrus plants...
- A transcriptomic approach highlights induction of secondary metabolism in citrus fruit in response to Penicillium digitatum infectionLuis González-Candelas
Departamento de Ciencia de los Alimentos, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos CSIC, Apartado de Correos 73, Burjassot, E46100 Valencia, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 10:194. 2010Postharvest losses of citrus fruit due to green mold decay, caused by the fungus Penicillium digitaum, have a considerable economic impact...
- Chemical composition and biological activities of essential oils extracted from Korean endemic citrus speciesJong Seok Baik
Department of Chemistry, Cheju National University, Jeju 690 756, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:74-9. 2008The aim of this study was to analyze the chemical composition of 14 kinds of citrus oils and to test their biological activities...
- Viral-like symptoms induced by the ectopic expression of the p23 gene of Citrus tristeza virus are citrus specific and do not correlate with the pathogenicity of the virus strainCarmen Fagoaga
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias, Apdo Oficial, Moncada 46113, Valencia, Spain
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 18:435-45. 2005Ectopic expression of the p23 gene from a severe (T36) strain of Citrus tristeza virus (CTV) induces viral-like symptoms in Mexican lime...
- Transmission parameters for Candidatus liberibacter asiaticus by Asian citrus psyllid (Hemiptera: Psyllidae)K S Pelz-Stelinski
Department of Entomology and Nematology, Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
J Econ Entomol 103:1531-41. 2010..together, transmission) efficiency of Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus (Las), the pathogen associated with citrus huanglongbing (HLB) by the Asian citrus psyllid, Diaphorina citri (Kuwayama) (Hemiptera: Psyllidae)...
- Effect of heat treatment on the antioxidant activity of extracts from citrus peelsSeok Moon Jeong
Department of Food and Biotechnology, Kyungnam University, Masan 631 701, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 52:3389-93. 2004The effect of heat treatment on the antioxidant activity of extracts from Citrus unshiu peels was evaluated. Citrus peels (CP) (5 g) were placed in Pyrex Petri dishes (8...
- Pharmacokinetics of the citrus flavanone aglycones hesperetin and naringenin after single oral administration in human subjectsF I Kanaze
Department of Pharmacy, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:472-7. 2007Hesperetin and naringenin, the aglycones of the flavanone glycosides hesperidin and naringin, occur naturally in citrus fruits...
- Proteomic signatures uncover hydrogen peroxide and nitric oxide cross-talk signaling network in citrus plantsGeorgia Tanou
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, School of Agriculture, University Campus, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Proteome Res 9:5994-6006. 2010..present study aimed to identify proteins whose accumulation levels were regulated by these signaling molecules in citrus leaves...
- Specialized and shared functions of the histidine kinase- and HOG1 MAP kinase-mediated signaling pathways in Alternaria alternata, a filamentous fungal pathogen of citrusChing Hsuan Lin
Citrus Research and Education Center, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences IFAS, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
Fungal Genet Biol 47:818-27. 2010..In Alternaria alternata, a necrotrophic fungal pathogen of citrus, cloning and characterization of a gene coding a Group III histidine kinase (AaHSK1) and the yeast HOG1 ortholog (..
- Citrus flavonoid 5-demethylnobiletin suppresses scavenger receptor expression in THP-1 cells and alters lipid homeostasis in HepG2 liver cellsJui Hung Yen
Department of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:733-48. 2011Nobiletin, a polymethoxyflavone from the peel of citrus fruits, has been reported to inhibit modified LDL uptake in macrophages and enhance hepatic LDL receptor expression and activity...
- Quantitative distribution of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' in citrus plants with citrus huanglongbingWenbin Li
National Plant Germplasm and Biotechnology Laboratory, U S Department of Agriculture USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service PPQ CPHST, USA
Phytopathology 99:139-44. 2009b>Citrus huanglongbing (HLB), or greening disease, is strongly associated with any of three nonculturable gram-negative bacteria belonging to 'Candidatus Liberibacter spp.' 'Ca. Liberibacter spp...
- High-performance liquid chromatography methods for the analysis of adrenergic amines and flavanones in Citrus aurantium L. var. amaraFederica Pellati
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via G Campi 183 411 00 Modena, Italy
Phytochem Anal 15:220-5. 2004..of naturally occurring adrenergic amines (octopamine, synephrine and tyramine) in fruits and dry extracts of Citrus aurantium L. var. amara and in herbal medicines derived therefrom. Synephrine was the main component in fruits (0...
- Antibacterial effects of the essential oils of commonly consumed medicinal herbs using an in vitro modelMarina Sokovic
Plant Research International, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708PB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Molecules 15:7532-46. 2010The chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils from 10 commonly consumed herbs: Citrus aurantium, C. limon, Lavandula angustifolia, Matricaria chamomilla, Mentha piperita, M...
- The Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri flagellum is required for mature biofilm and canker developmentFlorencia Malamud
Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología Dr Cesar Milstein, Fundación Pablo Cassará, CONICET, Saladillo 2468 C1440FFX, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Microbiology 157:819-29. 2011Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri (Xac) is the causative agent of citrus canker. This bacterium develops a characteristic biofilm on both biotic and abiotic surfaces...
- In planta distribution of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' as revealed by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and real-time PCRSatyanarayana Tatineni
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred 33850, USA
Phytopathology 98:592-9. 2008Huanglongbing (HLB) is one of the most devastating diseases of citrus worldwide, and is caused by a phloem-limited fastidious prokaryotic alpha-proteobacterium that is yet to be cultured...
- A stable RNA virus-based vector for citrus treesAlexey S Folimonov
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Florida, Citrus Research and Education Center, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
Virology 368:205-16. 2007..We examined several strategies to develop a Citrus tristeza virus (CTV)-based vector for transient expression of foreign genes in citrus trees using a green ..
- Citrus huanglongbing in São Paulo State, Brazil: PCR detection of the 'Candidatus' Liberibacter species associated with the diseaseDiva do Carmo Teixeira
Fundecitrus, Av Dr Adhemar Pereira de Barros, 201, CEP 14807 040 Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Mol Cell Probes 19:173-9. 2005Symptoms of huanglongbing (HLB), one of the most serious diseases of citrus in Asia and Africa, have been noticed in March 2004 in the Araraquara region of São Paulo State, Brazil. HLB has not been reported previously from America...
- Detection of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' in Diaphorina citri and its importance in the management of citrus huanglongbing in FloridaK L Manjunath
USDA ARS, National Clonal Germplasm Repository for Citrus and Dates, Riverside, CA 92507, USA
Phytopathology 98:387-96. 2008b>Citrus huanglongbing (HLB or citrus greening), is a highly destructive disease that has been spreading in both Florida and Brazil...
- The role of horizontal transfer in the evolution of a highly variable lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis locus in xanthomonads that infect rice, citrus and crucifersPrabhu B Patil
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad 500007, India
BMC Evol Biol 7:243. 2007..This variation has been proposed to play a role in evading the host immune system. Even though LPS is a modulator of plant defense responses, reports of interstrain variation in LPS gene clusters of plant pathogenic bacteria are rare...
- Analysis of sucrose synthase genes in citrus suggests different roles and phylogenetic relationshipsAkira Komatsu
Faculty of Agriculture, Meiji University, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 214 0033, Japan
J Exp Bot 53:61-71. 2002..of this work was 2-fold; first, a molecular/evolutionary characterization of three sucrose synthase genes from citrus, and second, an analysis of their differential expression related to potential physiological function...
- Diversity of endophytic bacterial populations and their interaction with Xylella fastidiosa in citrus plantsWelington L Araujo
Departamento de Genetica, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Piracicaba, Brazil
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:4906-14. 2002b>Citrus variegated chlorosis (CVC) is caused by Xylella fastidiosa, a phytopathogenic bacterium that can infect all Citrus sinensis cultivars...
- Secretion of hepatocyte apoB is inhibited by the flavonoids, naringenin and hesperetin, via reduced activity and expression of ACAT2 and MTPL J Wilcox
Departments of Medicine and Biochemistry and The John P. Robarts Research Institute, 4-16, University of Western Ontario, 100 Perth Drive, London, Ontario N6A 5K8, Canada
J Lipid Res 42:725-34. 2001The citrus flavonoids, naringenin and hesperetin, lower plasma cholesterol in vivo. However, the underlying mechanisms are not fully understood...
- In planta horizontal transfer of a major pathogenicity effector geneB El Yacoubi
Plant Molecular and Cell Biology Program and Department of Plant Pathology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0680, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:1612-21. 2007Xanthomonas citri pv. citri is a clonal group of strains that causes citrus canker disease and appears to have originated in Asia. A phylogenetically distinct clonal group that causes identical disease symptoms on susceptible citrus, X...
- Naringenin and hesperetin, two flavonoids derived from Citrus aurantium up-regulate transcription of adiponectinLi Liu
Pharmaceutical Informatics Institute, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zijin gang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310058, China
Phytother Res 22:1400-3. 2008The dried, immature fruit of Citrus aurantium L., 'Zhiqiao' in Chinese, has been used to treat cardiovascular diseases in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries...
- Hypolipidemic effects and absorption of citrus polymethoxylated flavones in hamsters with diet-induced hypercholesterolemiaElzbieta M Kurowska
KGK Synergize Inc, Suite 1030, One London Place, 255 Queens Avenue, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5R8
J Agric Food Chem 52:2879-86. 2004Formulations containing citrus polymethoxylated flavones (PMFs), mainly tangeretin, or citrus flavanone glucosides, hesperidin and naringin, were evaluated for cholesterol-lowering potential in hamsters with diet-induced ..
- Genetic dissection defines the roles of elsinochrome Phytotoxin for fungal pathogenesis and conidiation of the citrus pathogen Elsinoë fawcettiiHui Ling Liao
Citrus Research and Education Center, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Rd, Lake Alfred 33850, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 21:469-79. 2008..Many isolates of Elsinoë fawcettii causing citrus scab are able to produce elsinochromes under axenic conditions...
- A transcriptionally active copia-like retroelement in Citrus limonBruna De Felice
Department of Life Sciences, University of Naples II, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Cell Mol Biol Lett 14:289-304. 2009..in situ hybridization, revealed that CLCoy1 was mainly located in telomeric and sub-telomeric regions along the Citrus chromosomes. CLCoy1 composes 3...
- Flavonoid composition of Citrus juicesGiuseppe Gattuso
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Biologica, Universita di Messina, Salita Sperone 31, I 98166 Messina, Italy
Molecules 12:1641-73. 2007In the early nineties the presence of flavonoids in Citrus juices began to attract the attention of a number of researchers, as a result of their biological and physiological importance...
- Of the major phenolic acids formed during human microbial fermentation of tea, citrus, and soy flavonoid supplements, only 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid has antiproliferative activityKun Gao
State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol, Department of Biochemistry and Center for Biopharmaceutical Research, College of Life Sciences, Sun Yatsen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou, China
J Nutr 136:52-7. 2006..The purpose of our study was to determine whether flavonoids from green and black tea (GT, BT), citrus fruit with rutin (CF+R) and soy (S) supplements exposed to the same conditions in a dynamic in vitro model of the ..
- Modified citrus pectin anti-metastatic properties: one bullet, multiple targetsVladislav V Glinsky
Harry S Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Carbohydr Res 344:1788-91. 2009In this minireview, we examine the ability of modified citrus pectin (MCP), a complex water soluble indigestible polysaccharide obtained from the peel and pulp of citrus fruits and modified by means of high pH and temperature treatment, ..
- Nobiletin, a citrus flavonoid that improves memory impairment, rescues bulbectomy-induced cholinergic neurodegeneration in miceAkira Nakajima
Department of Pharmaceutical Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 105:122-6. 2007We have recently reported that nobiletin, a citrus flavonoid, improves impaired memory in olfactory-bulbectomized (OBX) mice, which have been widely utilized as a useful paradigm that shares some major clinical features of Alzheimer's ..
- Variability and interactions between endophytic bacteria and fungi isolated from leaf tissues of citrus rootstocksW L Araujo
Department of Genetics, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, University of Sao Paulo, Piracicaba, Brazil
Can J Microbiol 47:229-36. 2001Fungi and bacteria were isolated from surface disinfected leaf tissues of several citrus rootstocks. The principal bacterial species isolated were Alcaligenes sp., Bacillus spp. (including B. cereus, B. lentus, B. megaterium, B...
- Functional characterization of AP3, SOC1 and WUS homologues from citrus (Citrus sinensis)Fui Ching Tan
CSIRO Plant Industry, Private Mail Bag, Merbein, Victoria 3505, Australia
Physiol Plant 131:481-95. 2007..and two SOC1 (SUPPRESSOR OF OVEREXPRESSION OF CONSTANS 1)-like (CsSL1 and CsSL2) homologues from sweet orange (Citrus sinensis L.)...
- Transcriptional analysis of the sweet orange interaction with the citrus canker pathogens Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri and Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. aurantifoliiRaúl Andrés Cernadas
Center for Molecular and Structural Biology, Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory, Campinas, SP, 13083 970, Brazil
Mol Plant Pathol 9:609-31. 2008..citri (Xac) and Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. aurantifolii pathotype C (Xaa) are responsible for citrus canker disease; however, while Xac causes canker on all citrus varieties, Xaa is restricted to Mexican lime, and ..
- Bioavailability is improved by enzymatic modification of the citrus flavonoid hesperidin in humans: a randomized, double-blind, crossover trialInge Lise F Nielsen
Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
J Nutr 136:404-8. 2006Hesperidin is the predominant polyphenol consumed from citrus fruits and juices. However, hesperidin is proposed to have limited bioavailability due to the rutinoside moiety attached to the flavonoid...
- Inhibitory effect of modified citrus pectin on liver metastases in a mouse colon cancer modelHai Ying Liu
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510095, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:7386-91. 2008To discuss the expression of glactin-3 in liver metastasis of colon cancer and its inhibition by modified citrus pectin (MCP) in mice.
- Novel anti-inflammatory actions of nobiletin, a citrus polymethoxy flavonoid, on human synovial fibroblasts and mouse macrophagesNa Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 65:2065-71. 2003We previously reported that nobiletin (5,6,7,8,3',4'-hexamethoxy flavone), a citrus polymethoxy flavonoid, effectively interferes with the production of promatrix metalloproteinase (proMMP)-9/progelatinase B in rabbit synovial fibroblasts ..
- The monofunctional catalase KatE of Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri is required for full virulence in citrus plantsMaría Laura Tondo
Molecular Biology Division, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
PLoS ONE 5:e10803. 2010..Four putative catalase genes have been identified in silico in the Xac genome, designated as katE, catB, srpA (monofunctional catalases) and katG (bifunctional catalase)...
- Leaf chlorophyll, net gas exchange and chloroplast ultrastructure in citrus leaves of different nitrogen statusBhaskar R Bondada
University of Florida, Citrus Research and Education Center, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850, USA
Tree Physiol 23:553-9. 2003One-year-old 'Cleopatra mandarin' (Citrus reticulata Blanco) seedlings were raised in a greenhouse and fertilized with nitrogen (N) at four application frequencies...
- Implication of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibition in the vasorelaxant activity of the citrus-fruits flavonoid (+/-)-naringeninFrancisco Orallo
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela La Coruña, Spain
Planta Med 71:99-107. 2005The potential vasorelaxant, antioxidant and cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitory effects of the citrus-fruit flavonoids naringin and (+/-)-naringenin were comparatively studied for the first time in this work...
- CITRUS/CANCER ASSOCIATION IN MEDITERRANEAN DIETIMAN HAKIM; Fiscal Year: 2002..by developing a dietary assessment technique which would allow accurate reporting of previous and recent citrus (and hence d-limonene) consumption...
- Clinical Study of Disposition and Biological Activity of d-LimoneneH H Sherry Chow; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): d-Limonene, a monocyclic monoterpene, is a major component in the essential oils of citrus fruits...
- Chemoprotective effects of natural products on colonic adult stem cellsBhimanagouda S Patil; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): We have demonstrated that chemoprotective diets containing turmeric (curcumin) and citrus (limonin) bioactives reduce chronic inflammation and colon cancer risk...
- IL-6-mediated Jak2/Stat3 signaling and Brain DevelopmentJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our preliminary studies showed that the citrus bioflavonoid, luteolin, inhibits neuronal JAK2/STAT3 phosphorylation in both murine neuron-like (N2a) cells and ..
- Targeting multiple skin cancer pathways using citrus auraptene and ATRAJ Michael Mathis; Fiscal Year: 2012..The tumorigenic properties of the resulting pathway suppressed cells will be determined. ..
- Cranberry: Interactions with Anti-infectious AgentsGail Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since cranberry juice contained bioflavonoids as in the citrus juices and a high content of organic acids (e.g...
- Overcoming tumor cell resistance to apoptosis with a natural product, GCS-100Linda G Baum; Fiscal Year: 2010..applicant): The goal of this proposal is to investigate the mechanism of action of a natural product derived from citrus pectin in overcoming galectin-3 mediated resistance to apoptosis in lymphoma, and to understand the interaction of ..
- Galectin-3 in Liver FibrosisXIAOSONG JOY JIANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we will use the Gal3 inhibitor modified citrus pectin (MCP) in the in vivo fibrosis model to assess its antifibrogenic activity...
- RCT of the Naturopathic Anti-inflammatory DietPatricia Elmer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This diet excludes dairy products, wheat and gluten, citrus, nightshade vegetables, and meat...
- Psychoneuroimmunology and Mind-Body MedicineJanice Kiecolt Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2005..immune consequences of one sedating or relaxant odor, Lavandula augustifolia, one activating or stimulant odor, Citrus limonum, and a no-odor (distilled water) control in men and women during both resting and "challenge" or stress ..
- Analysis of Phenolic Phytochemical by ESI-MSJennifer Brodbelt; Fiscal Year: 2003..of phenolic phytochemicals and their metabolites in urine, tissue and food, especially soybeans, kale and citrus fruit...
- DNA Damage: Fruit & Vegetable Effects in a Feeding TrialJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2005..a defined dietary intervention of 10 servings/d of fruit and vegetables (cruciferous vegetables, soy foods, and citrus fruits) for 2 weeks affects human lymphocyte DNA damage and resistance to H202-induced damage measured by the ..
- The effects of Diet on Barrett's esophagus and gastroesophageal reflux diseaseAi Kubo; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) To evaluate the effects of fatty foods, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, and citrus fruits on the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux diseases...
- Isothiocyanates, Limonene and Breast Cancer PreventionCynthia Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Epidemiological evidence and basic science research suggest that a plant-based diet that includes cruciferous and citrus plants may reduce the risk of breast cancer...
- Flavonoids in the Amelioration of HypertiglyceridemiaAndre Theriault; Fiscal Year: 2004..e. green tea leaf extracts, citrus bioflavonoids, and rutin) on the regulation of hepatic triglyceride-rich lipoprotein production in a ..
- Anticarcinogenic effects of naturally occurring coumarins on mammary carcinogenesHEATHER KLEINER HANCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since NOCs and ACA are abundant in the human diet (citrus fruits, celery, ginger) they have the potential to impact human cancer risk...
- Pinitol in Human NutritionRICHARD OSTLUND; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our laboratory has established that pinitol, while very low in most foods, is a major component of legumes and citrus fruits, and that diet is a major contributor to body inositol levels...
- MBRS SCORE PROGRAM AT TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-KINGSVILLEEnrique Massa; Fiscal Year: 2010..of ischemic heart disease, methodologies in proteomics and mass spectrometry, reproductive endocrinology, citrus-derived compounds in osteoporosis, and health consequences of substance abuse among high school students...
- Obesity and MortalityDavid Allison; Fiscal Year: 2009..Measuring obesity as body fatness and fat distribution instead of just using BMI should provide a more solid basis for public health and clinical recommendations by focusing on the more relevant variables of body fatness. ..
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Treatment with Noni juiceMian Ying Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The latency, multiplicity, volume of tumors, and the survivor rate of animals at the end of experiment will be evaluated in different groups. ..
- UCLA TRAINING PROGRAM IN NUTRITION AND OBESITYDavid Heber; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MDR1 and Related Proteins during HIV PI ExposureDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings will be of importance in understanding lipid disorders related to PIs as well as the kinetics of drugs used to treat HIV and related disorders. ..
- Arginine and Ovine Model for Fetal Growth RestrictionGuoyao Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will ultimately promote favorable pregnancy outcomes while saving billions of healthcare dollars in the U.S. and worldwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Intentional Weight Loss on Mortality RateDavid Allison; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Middle School Prevention of Type 2 DiabetesTom Baranowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..Tests of the proposed hypotheses will identify key variables mediating the intervention effects, and thereby elucidate our understanding of how behavior change programs work. ..
- PROP SENSITIVITY AND OBESITY AMONG ETHNIC CHILDRENTom Baranowski; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding how PROP sensitivity relates to obesity and food intake could provide an easily determined stratifying variable to which dietary interventions could be tailored. ..
- Bone-Sparing by Ca Salts With & Without Extra PhosphorusRobert Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2008..1 Description, ..
- Genome-wide Structured Association Testing & Regional Admixture MappingDavid B Allison; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Metabolic Consequences of HAART: CYP3A and P-gpDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2003..This multidisciplinary proposal provides a clinical and scientific basis to assess the effects of currently available as well as experimental HAART medications on human CYP3A and P-gp. ..
- Evaluating Low Ignition Propensity Cigarette LegislationRICHARD O CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..Taken together, these studies comprise a comprehensive evaluation of the potential impacts of this harm-reduction policy, which will inform policymakers in other jurisdictions considering similar regulations. ..
- OBESITY PREV AMONG PREPUBERTAL AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRLSTom Baranowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will be the first obesity prevention project to employ a month-long summer camp, web technology, and sophisticated biological measures to assess factors predictive of body composition change. ..
- CHRONIC BENZODIAZEPINES: BEHAVIOR AND NEUROCHEMISTRYDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- BONY EFFECTS OF TRANSIENT NONSKELETAL ILLNESSRobert Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- GARLIC PREPARATIONS AND ANTIRETROVIRAL DRUGSDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The work will provide immediately applicable clinical data on garlic interactions with antiretrovirals, as well as mechanistic data identifying the interaction process and its predictability from in vitro models. ..
- Anti-Trypanosomal Agents from a Neotropical CloudforestWILLIAM SETZER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term benefit of this research project is the development of new medicines to treat patients with Chagas disease. ..
- HAART Regimens in Substance AbusersDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPIES AND SUBSTANCE ABUSEDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2002..The in vitro model, if validated, has the potential to provide clinically important information on interactions involving HIV treatments and abusable drugs, at relatively low cost and with no human drug exposure. ..
- Home Fruit,Juice and Vegetable AvailabilityTom Baranowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..The extent to which this research enhances the validity and reliability of measurement, future research on correlates will be more successful. ..
- OPTICAL ASSESSMENT OF DERMAL EXPOSURE AND ABSORPTIONRichard Fenske; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Gestational Diabetes in Women:Taste & Endocrine FactorsBEVERLY TEPPER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Non-pregnant controls will also be studied. The long-term goal of this project is to obtain a better understanding of taste changes in GDM to develop better preventative and therapeutic dietary intervention strategies for this disease. ..
- Design, Analysis, & Interpretation of RCTs in ObesityDavid Allison; Fiscal Year: 2006..The meeting will take place in December of 2006 and be attended by scientists from academia, government, and industry. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CYP3A Function in Aging AfricanAmericansDavid Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study should provide important mechanistic information on the role of age, gender, and ethnicity as sources of variability in CYP3A-mediated drug metabolism and response. ..
- THE UCLA CLINICAL NUTRITION RESEARCH UNITDavid Heber; Fiscal Year: 2006..The UCLA CNRU is serving as a regional and national resource at the cutting edge of nutrition and cancer prevention research...
- An Exploratory Center for Obesity Research (RMI)Adam Drewnowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..By promoting interagency collaborations, these efforts will help the NIH develop a roadmap on how to effectively translate research findings into national, state, and local health policy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anatomic and Mechanical Variables of the EGJ in GERDJohn Pandolfino; Fiscal Year: 2006..These changes will improve diagnostic accuracy of pH monitoring and also help determine the relationship between anatomical and mechanical variants and acid reflux. ..
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry systemAdrian Franke; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Body Weight, Adiposity, Energetics and LongevityDavid Allison; Fiscal Year: 2007..This 2-day meeting will bring together expert scientists from diverse disciplines to explore unanswered questions about these interactions and to introduce novel thoughts for future research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2008 WESTERN ARGICULTURAL CONFERENCERichard Fenske; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STATISTICAL GENETICS FOR OBESITY & NUTRITION RESEARCHERSDavid Allison; Fiscal Year: 2004..At each course, lectures will be supplemented with extensive discussion sessions, handouts, presentation of worked examples, and interactive demonstrations of statistical genetic data analyses. ..
- STATISTICAL GENETICS FOR OBESITY & NUTRITION RESEARCHERSDavid Allison; Fiscal Year: 2005..Lectures are supplemented with extensive discussion sessions, handouts, presentation of worked examples, and interactive demonstrations of statistical genetic data analyses. ..
- DOES WEIGHT LOSS REDUCE MORTALITY RATE AMONG OBESE RATS?David Allison; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will, for the first time, allow a rigorous experimental test of the hypothesis that among obese organisms, WL promotes longevity. ..
- Early Determinants of Mammographic DensityMary Beth Terry; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Early Determinants of Breast Cancer RiskMary Beth Terry; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Identification of Hypericum using Microscopy and DNAMATTHEW CIMINO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase II aims are to expand the Phase I dataset for Hypericum and develop a working prototype assay for the detection, identification, and quantification for Hypericum species. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..