Genomes and Genes
Summary: An organism that, as a result of transplantation of donor tissue or cells, consists of two or more cell lines descended from at least two zygotes. This state may result in the induction of donor-specific TRANSPLANTATION TOLERANCE.
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- HLA-mismatched renal transplantation without maintenance immunosuppressionTatsuo Kawai
Transplantation Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 358:353-61. 2008....
- Comparison of short tandem repeat and variable number tandem repeat genetic markers for quantitative determination of allogeneic bone marrow transplant engraftmentS A Schichman
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:243-8. 2002..This study demonstrates that STR-based human identity testing kits are well suited for engraftment analysis...
- Evidence that FoxP3+ regulatory T cells may play a role in promoting long-term acceptance of composite tissue allotransplantsLarry D Bozulic
Regenerex, LLC, Louisville, KY, USA
Transplantation 91:908-15. 2011..In this study, we evaluated the role of Treg in peripheral tolerance to composite tissue allografts (CTA)...
- Short-term immunosuppression facilitates induction of mixed chimerism and tolerance after bone marrow transplantation without cytoreductive conditioningPeter Blaha
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Transplantation 80:237-43. 2005....
- Allogeneic chimerism with low-dose irradiation, antigen presensitization, and costimulator blockade in H-2 mismatched miceP J Quesenberry
Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Blood 97:557-64. 2001..These data provide a unique model for obtaining stable partial chimerism in H-2 mismatched mice, which can be applied to various clinical diseases of man such as sickle cell anemia, thalassemia, and autoimmune disorders...
- Outcome of boost haemopoietic stem cell transplant for decreased donor chimerism or graft dysfunction in primary immunodeficiencyM A Slatter
Department of Paediatric Immunology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle General Hospital, NHS Trust, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:683-9. 2005..Boost infusion was successful or partially successful in 84% of patients. The risk of adverse effects is low...
- Efficient transplantation via antibody-based clearance of hematopoietic stem cell nichesAgnieszka Czechowicz
Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Departments of Pathology and Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Science 318:1296-9. 2007..Subsequent transplantation of these mice with donor HSCs led to chimerism levels of up to 90%. Extrapolation of these methods to humans may enable mild but effective conditioning regimens for transplantation...
- Facilitating cells as a venue to establish mixed chimerism and toleranceEric G Jacquet
Institute for Cellular Therapeutics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202 1760, USA
Pediatr Transplant 7:348-57. 2003..This invited review focuses on recent developments in stem cell chimerism and tolerance that could bring the use of this approach to induce tolerance to solid organ transplantation one step closer to reality...
- Efficacy of transient treatment with FK506 in the early phase on cyclophosphamide-induced bone marrow chimerism and transplant tolerance across MHC barriersJunji Okayama
Department of Surgery, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara 634 8522, Japan
J Surg Res 133:61-8. 2006..In the present study, we assessed the effect of combined use of a short course of FK506 and a single-dose cyclophosphamide (CYP) on the induction of tolerance and development of GVHD after allogeneic BMT...
- The influence of immunosuppressive drugs on tolerance induction through bone marrow transplantation with costimulation blockadePeter Blaha
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Vienna General Hospital, University of Vienna, Austria
Blood 101:2886-93. 2003..These results should facilitate clinical application of this tolerance strategy...
- Dissociation between peripheral blood chimerism and tolerance to hindlimb composite tissue transplants: preferential localization of chimerism in donor boneDina N Rahhal
Institute for Cellular Therapeutics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202 1760, USA
Transplantation 88:773-81. 2009..Mixed chimerism induces donor-specific tolerance to composite tissue allotransplants (CTAs). In the present studies, we used a nonmyeloablative conditioning approach to establish chimerism and promote CTA acceptance...
- Standardisation of multiplex fluorescent short tandem repeat analysis for chimerism testingF Nollet
Clinic and Laboratory of Haematology, AZ Sint-Jan AV, Ruddershove 10, B-8000 Bruges, Belgium
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:511-8. 2001..By monitoring 26 allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplants, the applicability of the proposed method was demonstrated...
- Second hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for the treatment of graft failure, graft rejection or relapse after allogeneic transplantationS N Wolff
Aastrom Biosciences, Inc, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:545-52. 2002..However, a lack of well-designed prospective studies has made definitive recommendations difficult although basic principles have been established...
- B-cell reconstitution for SCID: should a conditioning regimen be used in SCID treatment?Elie Haddad
Department of Pediatrics, University of Montreal, CHU Sainte Justine Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 131:994-1000. 2013....
- Selective growth advantage of wild-type lymphocytes in X-linked SCID recipientsA Kume
Division of Genetic Therapeutics, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minamika wachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:113-8. 2002..In human gene therapy for X-SCID, an analogous growth advantage would greatly enhance the repopulation of lymphocytes derived from a very small number of gamma c gene-supplemented precursors...
- No evidence of plasticity in hair follicles of recipients after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationAlicia Rovo
Division of Hematology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Exp Hematol 33:909-11. 2005..Our data indicate that unmanipulated hematopoietic donor stem cells do not contribute directly to reconstitution even in an organ at highest need for repair...
- Donor-derived DNA in hair follicles of recipients after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationR Jacewicz
Forensic Genetics Laboratory, Department of Forensic Medicine, Medical University of Lodz, Sedziowska 18a, Lodz, Poland
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:1638-44. 2010..Our results proved the existence of donor-derived stem DNA in the recipients' hair follicle cells. This report undermines the validity of data indicating that hair follicle cells maintain 100% of recipient origin...
- Low dose busulfan facilitates chimerism and tolerance in a murine modelKhairul Anam
Transplantation Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transpl Immunol 15:199-204. 2006..Addition of a single low dose of busulfan to an established tolerance protocol reduced the required DSBM dose by over 80% while still promoting comparable levels of donor chimerism and donor-specific tolerance...
- Post-transplantation B cell function in different molecular types of SCIDRebecca H Buckley
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Box 2898, 363 Jones Building, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Immunol 33:96-110. 2013..However, the development of B cell function has been more problematic. We report here results of analyses of B cell function in 125 SCID recipients prior to and long-term after non-ablative BMT, according to their molecular type...
- Long-term outcome of non-ablative booster BMT in patients with SCIDC L Teigland
Departments of Pediatrics and Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 48:1050-5. 2013..A majority of the patients alive today have normal or adequate T-cell function and are healthy. Nonablative booster BMT can be lifesaving for SCID. ..
- Requirements for the promotion of allogeneic engraftment by anti-CD154 (anti-CD40L) monoclonal antibody under nonmyeloablative conditionsP A Taylor
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Minneapolis, USA
Blood 98:467-74. 2001..These data have important ramifications for the design of clinical nonmyeloablative regimens based on anti-CD154 mAb administration...
- Signalling through CD30 protects against autoimmune diabetes mediated by CD8 T cellsC Kurts
The Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Hochschule, Hannover, Germany
Nature 398:341-4. 1999..Thus, CD30 signalling limits the proliferative potential of autoreactive CD8 effector T cells and protects the body against autoimmunity...
- Requirement of a higher degree of chimerism for skin allograft tolerance in cyclophosphamide-induced toleranceToshiro Iwai
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, 812 8582 Fukuoka, Japan
Transpl Int 17:795-803. 2005..Thus, the present study strongly confirmed the hypothesis that a higher degree of chimerism is required for the induction of skin allograft tolerance in CP-induced tolerance...
- Targeting cells causing split tolerance allows fully allogeneic islet survival with minimal conditioning in NOD mixed chimerasD P Al-Adra
Department of Surgery and Alberta Diabetes Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Transplant 12:3235-45. 2012..Furthermore, these chimeric NOD mice are immunocompetent, diabetes free and accept donor islet allografts...
- CD8+ T-Cell depletion and rapamycin synergize with combined coreceptor/stimulation blockade to induce robust limb allograft tolerance in miceZ Li
Institute for Medical Immunology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Am J Transplant 8:2527-36. 2008....
- Nonmyeloablative haploidentical stem-cell transplantation using anti-CD2 monoclonal antibody (MEDI-507)-based conditioning for refractory hematologic malignanciesThomas R Spitzer
Bone Marrow Transplantation Program Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114 1126, USA
Transplantation 75:1748-51. 2003..Nonmyeloablative preparative therapy with MEDI-507 and haploidentical SCT have led to the reliable induction of at least transient mixed chimerism as a potential platform for adoptive cellular immunotherapy...
- Tolerance to composite tissue allografts across a major histocompatibility barrier in miniature swineShehan Hettiaratchy
Division of Plastic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Transplantation 77:514-21. 2004..A clinically relevant tolerance protocol involving hematopoietic cell transplantation without the need for irradiation or myelosuppressive drugs was tested...
- Vascularized bone grafts within composite tissue allotransplants can autocreate tolerance through mixed chimerism with partial myeloablative conditioning: an experimental study in ratsWei Chao Huang
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, The College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:1095-103. 2010..g., hand/forearm composite tissue allotransplants). The authors investigated the role of the vascularized bone graft within the hind-limb osteomyocutaneous flap in inducing tolerance...
- Tolerance induction in clinical transplantation: the pending questionsMichel Toungouz
Department of Immunology Hematology Transfusion, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Transplantation 75:58S-60S. 2003..In this article, we discuss the key questions that these trials will have to address...
- Effects of donor bone marrow infusion in clinical lung transplantationS M Pham
Department of Surgery, Thomas E Starzl Transplant Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:345-50. 2000..We herein report the intermediate results of a trial combining the infusion of donor BM and lung transplantation...
- Simultaneous LFA-1 and CD40 ligand antagonism prevents airway remodeling in orthotopic airway transplantation: implications for the role of respiratory epithelium as a modulator of fibrosisTomohiro Murakawa
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Immunol 174:3869-79. 2005..Therefore, there appears to be an intimate relationship between the morphology and level of chimerism of the respiratory epithelium and the degree of airway remodeling following alloimmune injury...
- Tolerance and chimerism after renal and hematopoietic-cell transplantationJohn D Scandling
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
N Engl J Med 358:362-8. 2008..Adverse events requiring hospitalization were limited to a 2-day episode of fever with neutropenia. The patient has had neither rejection episodes nor clinical manifestations of graft-versus-host disease...
- Chimerism of the transplanted heartFederico Quaini
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla 10595, USA
N Engl J Med 346:5-15. 2002..The Y chromosome can be used to detect migrated undifferentiated cells expressing stem-cell antigens and to discriminate between primitive cells derived from the recipient and those derived from the donor...
- Transplantation of 2 partially HLA-matched umbilical cord blood units to enhance engraftment in adults with hematologic malignancyJuliet N Barker
Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Division of Medical and Pediatric Oncology, University of Minnesota, Box 480, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 105:1343-7. 2005..Therefore, transplantation of 2 partially HLA-matched UCB units is safe, and may overcome the cell-dose barrier that limits the use of UCB in many adults and adolescents...
- Durable engraftment of major histocompatibility complex-incompatible cells after nonmyeloablative conditioning with fludarabine, low-dose total body irradiation, and posttransplantation cyclophosphamideL Luznik
Division of Hematopoiesis, Hematologic Malignancies, and Pediatric Oncology, Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 98:3456-64. 2001..These results indicate that stable engraftment of MHC-incompatible cells can be induced after fludarabine-based, nonmyeloablative conditioning and that it serves as a platform for adoptive immunotherapy with donor lymphocyte infusions...
- Purified donor NK-lymphocyte infusion to consolidate engraftment after haploidentical stem cell transplantationJ R Passweg
The Basel Stem Cell Transplant Team, Basel University Hospitals, Switzerland
Leukemia 18:1835-8. 2004..Selection of NK-DLI is technically feasible. NK cells are well tolerated when used as adoptive immunotherapy in recipients of haploidentical HSCT...
- Long-term acceptance of composite tissue allografts through mixed chimerism and CD28 blockadeRobert D Foster
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Transplantation 76:988-94. 2003..The reliance on long-term immunosuppression has prompted this study to achieve donor-specific transplantation tolerance in adult recipients using a nontoxic, nonmyeloablative protocol...
- Simultaneous blockade of costimulatory signals CD28-CD80 and CD40-CD154 combined with monoclonal antibody against CD25 induced a stable chimerism and tolerance without graft-versus-host disease in ratZ X Zhu
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai Chang Zheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Eur Surg Res 46:109-17. 2011..Our aim was to explore a nontoxic strategy for the induction of mixed chimerism by pretreatment with anti-CD25 monoclonal antibody (mAb), cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 immunoglobulin (CTLA4Ig) and anti-CD154 mAb...
- Purified allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation blocks diabetes pathogenesis in NOD miceGeorg F Beilhack
Department of Medicine, Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Diabetes 52:59-68. 2003..These data demonstrate for the first time that purified HSC grafts block development of autoimmune diabetes and illuminate how HSC grafts alter thymic and peripheral T-cell responses against auto- and alloantigens...
- Hair follicle: a reliable source of recipient origin after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationY C Hong
Section of Hemato Oncology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:871-4. 2007....
- Composite tissue allotransplantation in chimeric hosts: part I. Prevention of graft-versus-host diseaseVijay S Gorantla
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Plastic Surgery Research, University of Louisville, 511 South Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Transplantation 75:922-32. 2003..The aim of this study was to develop an approach to study and prevent GVHD in a mixed chimeric-rat hind-limb transplantation model...
- Single-unit dominance after double-unit umbilical cord blood transplantation coincides with a specific CD8+ T-cell response against the nonengrafted unitJonathan A Gutman
Division of Medical Oncology, 1665 Aurora Ct, Room 2251A, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Blood 115:757-65. 2010..Future investigations based on these findings may result in strategies to predict a dominant unit and enhance graft-versus-leukemia effect...
- Bone marrow chimerism and tolerance induced by single-dose cyclophosphamideJunji Okayama
First Department of Surgery, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8522, Japan
J Surg Res 120:102-10. 2004..We evaluated the efficacy of a simple protocol using cyclophosphamide (CYP) on induction of chimerism and organ transplant tolerance across major histocompatibility complex (MHC) barriers in the rat...
- Development of either split tolerance or robust tolerance along with humoral tolerance to donor and third-party alloantigens in nonmyeloablative mixed chimerasWilliam F N Chan
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Surgical Medical Research Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Immunol 180:5177-86. 2008..In contrast, the possibility of humoral tolerance to multiple donors is potentially beneficial...
- Long-term mixed chimerism after immunologic conditioning and MHC-mismatched stem-cell transplantation is dependent on NK-cell toleranceGeert Westerhuis
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 106:2215-20. 2005..These data demonstrate the importance of NK cells in the rejection of MHC-mismatched hematopoietic cells and may explain the high numbers of bone marrow cells required for transplantation over MHC barriers...
- Long-term survival of limb allografts induced by pharmacologically conditioned, donor alloantigen-pulsed dendritic cells without maintenance immunosuppressionRyosuke Ikeguchi
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Transplantation 85:237-46. 2008..Since indefinite graft survival was not achieved, we have further modified the DC by pharmacologic (rapamycin; Rapa) conditioning and ascertained their influence on graft survival, without continued immunosuppressive therapy...
- Plasmacytoid precursor dendritic cells facilitate allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell engraftmentIsabelle J Fugier-Vivier
Institute for Cellular Therapeutics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Exp Med 201:373-83. 2005..These results are the first to define a direct functional role for p-preDCs in HSC engraftment, and also suggest that p-preDCs need to be in a certain state of maturation/activation to be fully functional...
- Mesenchymal stem cells enhance the induction of mixed chimerism and tolerance to rat hind-limb allografts after bone marrow transplantationHua Pan
Institute of Plastic Surgery, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shanxi Province, China
J Surg Res 160:315-24. 2010....
- Induction of allogeneic mixed chimerism by immature dendritic cells and bone marrow transplantation leads to prolonged tolerance to major histocompatibility complex disparate allograftsPing Yu
Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1457, USA
Immunology 127:500-11. 2009....
- Tolerance in mixed chimerism - a role for regulatory cells?Josef Kurtz
Bone Marrow Transplantation Section, Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, MGH East, Bldg 149 5102 13 th Street, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Trends Immunol 25:518-23. 2004..However, in situations where high levels of donor chimerism cannot be established or sustained, control of immune responsiveness can be achieved through additional mechanisms, including regulatory T cells...
- Chimerism and tolerance in transplantationThomas E Starzl
Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3459 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14607-14. 2004..The insight was then applied to improve the timing and dosage of immunosuppression of current human transplant recipients...
- Development of donor-specific microchimerism in liver transplant recipient with HLA-DRB1 and -DQB1 mismatch related to rejection episodesM B Araujo
Immunogenetics Transplant Laboratory, Clinical Pathology Department, School of Medical Sciences, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Transplant Proc 36:953-5. 2004..05 was found when microchimerism was correlated to graft rejection. These results suggest that the presence of microchimerism may be associated with acceptance, tolerance and survival of the allograft...
- Donor-derived hematopoietic cells in organ transplantation: a major step toward allograft tolerance?Gerard Rifle
Department of Nephrology Intensive Care Transplantation, Hopital du Bocage, 2 Boulevard de Lattre de Tassigny, 21034 Dijon, France
Transplantation 75:3S-7S. 2003..The first clinical trials would appear to indicate that tolerance induction in humans using donor-derived cells is a relatively safe solution that is both promising and realistic...
- Regression of metastatic renal-cell carcinoma after nonmyeloablative allogeneic peripheral-blood stem-cell transplantationR Childs
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1652, USA
N Engl J Med 343:750-8. 2000....
- Hepatocytes and epithelial cells of donor origin in recipients of peripheral-blood stem cellsMartin Korbling
Departments of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 346:738-46. 2002..Bone marrow contains stem cells with the potential to differentiate into mature cells of various organs. We determined whether circulating stem cells have a similar potential...
- Mixed chimerismM Sykes
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Surgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 356:707-26. 2001....
- Successful HSCT using nonradiotherapy-based conditioning regimens and alternative donors in patients with Fanconi anaemia--experience in a single UK centreJ Motwani
Department of Haematology, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:405-10. 2005..In all, 57% patients developed autoimmune complications, all of which have resolved. All patients are well with stable or full donor chimerism after a median follow-up of 37 months (range 13-54)...
- Immunosuppressive therapy and tolerance of organ allograftsThomas E Starzl
N Engl J Med 358:407-11. 2008
- The role of non-deletional tolerance mechanisms in a murine model of mixed chimerism with costimulation blockadeSinda Bigenzahn
Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Am J Transplant 5:1237-47. 2005..Thus, CD4 cell-mediated regulation contributes significantly to tolerance induction early after BMT, but appears to have no critical role in the maintenance of tolerance...
- Induction of stable long-term mixed hematopoietic chimerism following nonmyeloablative conditioning with T cell-depleting antibodies, cyclophosphamide, and thymic irradiation leads to donor-specific in vitro and in vivo toleranceM Y Mapara
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Bone Marrow Transplantation Section, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02129, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 7:646-55. 2001..CONCLUSION: Engraftment, long-term chimerism, and induction of donor-specific tolerance can be achieved using a nonmyeloablative CTX-based conditioning regimen in fully MHC-mismatched BMT recipients without the induction of GVHD...
- Rapid and complete donor chimerism in adult recipients of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood transplantation after reduced-intensity conditioningJuliet N Barker
Divisions of Medical and Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, University of Minnesota Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Blood 102:1915-9. 2003..These data demonstrate that 0-2 antigen mismatched UCB is sufficient to engraft most adults after reduced-intensity conditioning and is associated with a low incidence of severe acute GVHD...
- Chimerism in organ transplantation: conflicting experiments and clinical observationsAnthony P Monaco
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Transplantation 75:13S-16S. 2003..The presence of class II positive cells in the donor bone marrow inoculum is essential for tolerance induction in these models...
- CTLA4-Ig-based conditioning regimen to induce tolerance to cardiac allograftsSen Li
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33156, USA
J Surg Res 136:238-46. 2006..In this study, we investigated a non-toxic CTLA4-Ig-based protocol to induce donor-specific tolerance to cardiac allografts in rats...
- Preinfusion variables predict the predominant unit in the setting of reduced-intensity double cord blood transplantationR L Haspel
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:523-9. 2008....
- Intensive postgrafting immune suppression combined with nonmyeloablative conditioning for transplantation of HLA-identical hematopoietic cell grafts: results of a pilot study for treatment of primary immunodeficiency disordersL M Burroughs
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:633-42. 2007..However, there was a risk of GVHD, which is an undesirable outcome for this group of patients...
- Assessing quantitative chimerism longitudinally: technical considerations, clinical applications and routine feasibilityD Kristt
Laboratory of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, Department of Pathology, Sackler School of Medicine, Rabin Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Petach Tikvah, Israel
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:255-68. 2007..This information also provides unique insights into the biological dynamics of engraftment underlying the fluctuations in the temporal course of a patient's chimeric status...
- Can human hematopoietic stem cells become skin, gut, or liver cells?Janis L Abkowitz
N Engl J Med 346:770-2. 2002
- Successful low toxicity hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for high-risk adult chronic granulomatous disease patientsTayfun Gungor
Division of Immunology Hematology BMT, University Children s Hospital, CH 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Transplantation 79:1596-606. 2005..Adult age, overt infection, and residual inflammatory disease at transplant are major risk factors...
- [Fibroblasts of recipient origin contribute to broncholitis obliterans in human lung transplants]Verena Bröcker
Institut fur Pathologie, Medizinische Hochschule, Hannover
Verh Dtsch Ges Pathol 90:277-85. 2006..The participation of circulating precursor cells in the development of experimental pulmonary fibrosing lesions in mice has been recently demonstrated...
- A new xenograft model for graft-versus-host disease by intravenous transfer of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells in RAG2-/- gammac-/- double-mutant miceRozemarijn S van Rijn
Jordan Laboratory for Hemato Oncology, Department of Hematology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 102:2522-31. 2003..In conclusion, we present a new model for X-GVHD by intravenous transfer of huPBMCs in RAG2-/- gammac-/- mice. Murine and human macrophages do not seem to be necessary for acute X-GVHD in this model...
- Campath-1G causes rapid depletion of circulating host dendritic cells (DCs) before allogeneic transplantation but does not delay donor DC reconstitutionPhennapha Klangsinsirikul
Division of Haematology, School of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham NG5 1PB, United Kingdom
Blood 99:2586-91. 2002..The reconstitution of donor DCs was not delayed, which may be important in preserving immune reconstitution...
- A pilot study of reduced intensity conditioning and allogeneic stem cell transplantation from unrelated cord blood and matched family donors in children and adolescent recipientsG Del Toro
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital New York Presbyterian, Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 33:613-22. 2004..Graft failure occurred in 5/21 (24%). In summary, RI AlloSCT in children is feasible and tolerable (< or =25% GF) and results in > or =85% of recipients initially achieving > or =50% donor chimerism...
- Microchimerism maintains deletion of the donor cell-specific CD8+ T cell repertoireWeldy V Bonilla
Institute of Experimental Immunology, Department of Pathology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 116:156-62. 2006....
- Mixed chimerism achieved by a nonlethal conditioning regimen induces donor-specific tolerance to lung allograftsSen Li
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Surg Res 146:289-97. 2008..The aim of this study was to develop a nonlethal conditioning regimen to induce tolerance to lung allografts...
- Arrested natural killer cell development associated with transgene insertion into the Atf2 locusSungjin Kim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 107:1024-30. 2006..The defect is cell intrinsic, suggesting that certain bZIP molecules play significant roles in NK-cell development...
- Severe cutaneous papillomavirus disease after haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation in patients with severe combined immune deficiency caused by common gammac cytokine receptor subunit or JAK-3 deficiencyCaroline Laffort
Unite d immunologie, d Hématologie, et de Rhumatologie Pédiatrique, Paris, France
Lancet 363:2051-4. 2004..That genetic causes are the only predisposing factor to be identified for severe combined immune deficiency, suggests that natural-killer cells or gammac/JAK-3-dependent signalling in keratinocytes could have a role in anti-HPV immunity...
- Mixed hematopoietic chimerism allows cure of autoimmune diabetes through allogeneic tolerance and reversal of autoimmunityBoris Nikolic
Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 53:376-83. 2004..Thus, mixed hematopoietic chimerism induces tolerance to donor islets and reverses established autoimmunity in diabetic NOD mice...
- Donor CD8+ T cells facilitate induction of chimerism and tolerance without GVHD in autoimmune NOD mice conditioned with anti-CD3 mAbYaming Liang
Department of Diabetes, The Beckman Research Institute, Gonda Building, R2017, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Rd, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Blood 105:2180-8. 2005..This regimen may have potential application in the treatment of autoimmune disorders as well as induction of transplantation tolerance...
- Dose-escalated donor lymphocyte infusions following reduced intensity transplantation: toxicity, chimerism, and disease responsesKarl S Peggs
Department of Haematology, University College Hospital, 98 Chenies Mews, London, WC1E 6HX, United Kingdom
Blood 103:1548-56. 2004....
- Regulation of thymus size by competition for stromal niches among early T cell progenitorsSusan E Prockop
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 173:1604-11. 2004..Together with asymmetric use of marrow-derived progenitors to reconstitute the intrathymic pool, these processes facilitate continuous generation of new T cells while maintaining a relatively stable organ size...
- Anti-NK cell treatment induces stable mixed chimerism in MHC-mismatched, T cell-depleted, nonmyeloablative bone marrow transplantationSeok Goo Cho
Division of Molecular Therapy, Advanced Clinical Research Center, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minatoku, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Hematol 32:1246-54. 2004....
- Donor CD8+ T cells mediate graft-versus-leukemia activity without clinical signs of graft-versus-host disease in recipients conditioned with anti-CD3 monoclonal antibodyChunyan Zhang
Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Immunol 178:838-50. 2007..These results indicate that anti-CD3 conditioning separates GVL activity from GVHD via confining donor CD8(+) T cell expansion to host lymphohemological tissues as well as tolerizing them in the host...
- Donor lymphocyte infusion-mediated graft-versus-leukemia effects in mixed chimeras established with a nonmyeloablative conditioning regimen: extinction of graft-versus-leukemia effects after conversion to full donor chimerismMarkus Y Mapara
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Bone Marrow Transplantation Section, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Transplantation 76:297-305. 2003..We investigated an approach to separating graft-versus-lymphoma (GVL) effects from graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) in mice receiving a nonmyeloablative conditioning regimen allowing establishment of mixed hematopoietic chimerism...
- Kinetics of steady-state differentiation and mapping of intrathymic-signaling environments by stem cell transplantation in nonirradiated miceHelen E Porritt
Memorial Sloan Kettering, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 198:957-62. 2003....
- Elimination of insulitis and augmentation of islet beta cell regeneration via induction of chimerism in overtly diabetic NOD miceChunyan Zhang
Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2337-42. 2007..Therefore, this radiation-free GVHD preventive approach for induction of chimerism may represent a viable means for reversing type 1 diabetes...
- High frequency of epithelial chimerism in liver transplants demonstrated by microdissection and STR-analysisWolfram Kleeberger
Institutes of Pathology and Legal Medicine, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Hepatology 35:110-6. 2002....
- Human pulmonary chimerism after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationBenjamin T Suratt
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:318-22. 2003..These results suggest that significant chimerism of the human lung may follow hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and that adult human stem cells could potentially play a therapeutic role in treatment of the damaged lung...
- Donor lymphocyte infusions mediate superior graft-versus-leukemia effects in mixed compared to fully allogeneic chimeras: a critical role for host antigen-presenting cellsMarkus Y Mapara
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Bone Marrow Transplantation Section, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02129, USA
Blood 100:1903-9. 2002..Thus, the induction of mixed chimerism followed by delayed DLI provides an approach to inhibiting GVHD that optimizes GVL effects...
- Chimerism and tolerance in a recipient of a deceased-donor liver transplantStephen I Alexander
Centre for Kidney Research, Children s Hospital at Westmead and the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
N Engl J Med 358:369-74. 2008..The tolerance was preceded by a period of severe hemolysis, reflecting partial chimerism that was refractory to standard therapies. The hemolysis resolved after the gradual withdrawal of all immunosuppressive therapy...
- The toxicity and efficacy of donor lymphocyte infusions given after reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantationDavid I Marks
Adult BMT Unit, Bristol Children s Hospital, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol BS2 8BJ, UK
Blood 100:3108-14. 2002..Further systematic studies are required to determine the efficacy and optimum use of DLI for patients with each disease treated by nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation...
- Fas-mediated apoptosis and activation-induced T-cell proliferation are defective in mice lacking FADD/Mort1J Zhang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, 94720 3200, USA
Nature 392:296-300. 1998..These results and the similarities between FADD-/- mice and mice lacking the beta-subunit of the IL-2 receptor suggest that there is an unexpected connection between cell proliferation and apoptosis...
- Increased chimerism of bronchial and alveolar epithelium in human lung allografts undergoing chronic injuryWolfram Kleeberger
Institute of Pathology, Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Am J Pathol 162:1487-94. 2003..The observation of an enhanced integration of recipient cells into chronically damaged epithelial structures suggests that extrapulmonary precursor cells are able to contribute to pulmonary regeneration...
- Nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation for nonmalignant diseases in children with severe organ dysfunctionA Kikuta
Department of Pediatrics, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, I Hikarigaoka, Fukushima City, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 38:665-9. 2006..Even patients with severe organ dysfunctions had adequate engraftment with acceptable toxicities...
- Immunogenicity of Ly5 (CD45)-antigens hampers long-term engraftment following minimal conditioning in a murine bone marrow transplantation modelR van Os
Department of Radiation Oncology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Stem Cells 19:80-7. 2001..Therefore, small immunological differences must be considered when using the Ly5 marker for engraftment...
- Allogeneic bone marrow cells that facilitate complete chimerism and eliminate tumor cells express both CD8 and T-cell antigen receptor-alphabetaF Lan
Department of Medicine, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Blood 97:3458-65. 2001..Thus, the resident allogeneic bone marrow CD8(+) TCRalphabeta+ T cells had the unique capacity to eliminate the host lymphohematopoietic cells without nonlymphohematopoietic tissue injury. (Blood. 2001;97:3458-3465)..
- Bone marrow chimeras reveal non-H-2 hematopoietic control of susceptibility to Theiler's virus persistent infectionStéphanie Aubagnac
Unite des Virus Lents, CNRS URA 1930, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Virol 76:5807-12. 2002..However, the study of the SJL.B10-D10Mit180-D10Mit74 congenic line suggests that other loci expressed in nonhematopoietic cells also play a role...
- Chimerism and outcomes after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation following nonmyeloablative conditioningF Baron
Transplantation Biology Programme, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Leukemia 20:1690-700. 2006..Finally, we discuss how these observations have opened the way to further research protocols evaluating manipulation of postgrafting immunosuppression, and/or infusion of donor immune cells...
- Rapid establishment of dendritic cell chimerism in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant recipientsSusanne Auffermann-Gretzinger
Division of Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Department of Medicine, The Blood Center, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305, USA
Blood 99:1442-8. 2002..This information has potential implications for manipulation of immune responses after allogeneic HCT...
- Treatment of chronic granulomatous disease with nonmyeloablative conditioning and a T-cell-depleted hematopoietic allograftM E Horwitz
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 344:881-8. 2001..We investigated the feasibility of stem-cell transplantation without ablation of the recipient's bone marrow...
- What role is there for antithymocyte globulin in allogeneic nonmyeloablative canine hematopoietic cell transplantation?Razvan Diaconescu
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:335-44. 2005..82 (P = .09). We concluded that administering ATG before an otherwise suboptimal conditioning dose of 1 Gy of TBI failed to secure uniform stable hematopoietic engraftment...
- Retransplantation with stem cells from mismatched related donors after graft rejection in pediatric patientsPeter Lang
Department of Pediatric Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Eberhard Karl s University, Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 1, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Blood Cells Mol Dis 40:33-9. 2008..The use of different donors may contribute to avoid a second rejection...
- Evaluation of Stem Cell Plasticity In VivoGraca Almeida Porada; Fiscal Year: 2004..With these studies we hope to provide novel insights into the location of latent stem cell poois within the body and define the behavior and capabilities of these cells that are potentially of great clinical value. ..
- In Utero Stem Cell Transplantation for Hemophilia AGraca Almeida Porada; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- T and B Cell Tolerance via Marrow TransplantationMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Facilitating Cells for Fetal Hematopoietic TransplantLaurence Shields; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future directions will be towards the use of this model to explore the role and function of developmentally regulated adhesion molecules and their receptors as they relate to fetal hematopoietic transplantation. ..
- XENOGENEIC STEM CELL AND THYMIC REPLACEMENT IN AIDSMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2004..These Projects constitute a highly integrated pre-clinical and clinical program aimed at thymic xenotransplantation as an approach to achieving immune reconstitution in the treatment of HIV-infected people. ..
- T AND B CELL TOLERANCE IN HUMAN MIXED CHIMERASMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SEPARATION OF GVH AND GVL IN MOUSE MODELSMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- COMPATIBILITY OF SWINE STEM CELLS AND HUMAN STROMAMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- LEUKEMIA ANTIGENS FOLLOWING DONOR LEUKOCYTE INFUSIONCatherine Wu; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Induction of Stable Chimerism for Sickle Cell AnemiaMark Walters; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this novel approach will expand the availability of HCT for patients with clinically significant hemoglobinopathies. ..
- GENE MODIFIED T-CELLS FOR ENGRAFTMENT AND GVHD CONTROLGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will test if donor CTL specific for host minor histocompatibility antigens can convert mixed to complete donor chimerism. If successful this would make MHC-matched stem cell transplantation less toxic. ..
- Use of Gene Therapy to Induce Transplantation ToleranceMary Kearns Jonker; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Human/Pig Model of Hepatitis C Virus for New VaccinesWilliam Beschorner; Fiscal Year: 2005..A large animal immune compentent model of HCV will lead to a better understanding of the pathogenesis of hepatitis C virus and to more effective vaccines and immune therapy. ..
- GM - CSF - producing tumor cell line as a CML vaccineCatherine Wu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The goal of this proposal is to carry out an initial phase I trial using this potentially valuable reagent and thus provide a basis for the continuation and refinement of clinical trials using this reagent. ..
- Northern California Consortium for Sickle Cell DiseaseMark Walters; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Cytokines for Immune Protection from Acute IrradiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2005..The secondary endpoint is immune reconstitution. Upon study completion, we will have identified the optimal cytokine treatment and the highest dose of TBI that can be reliably survived without HSC support. ..
- Improving Platelet Recovery After RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Novel Autotransplant Protocol for CMLMarcos de Lima; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ORTHOTOPIC LIVER TRANSPLANTATIONThomas Starzl; Fiscal Year: 2001..Moreover, the investigators will attempt to develop novel techniques to modify the number and character of the donor cells that ultimately reside in the recipient and promote tolerance to the allograft. ..
- MIXED CHIMERISM AND TOLERANCE IN CYNOMOLGUS MONKEYSTatsuo Kawai; Fiscal Year: 2005..These analyses should provide valuable information for extending this approach to clinical allotransplantation. ..
- Cell Cycle Related Transdifferentation PlasticityMehrdad Abedi; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will explore the functional plasticity of marrow to transdifferentate into nonhematopoietic tissues (heart, skeletal muscle and in liver). ..
- CD4 Regulator T Cells Suppress Alloreactivity after BMTBryon Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information obtained will contribute significantly to our understanding of the role of regulatory T cells in mediating dominant peripheral tolerance after allo-BMT and could lead to translational applications in clinical BMT. ..
- Heart Xenotransplantation with Chimeric Donor PigsWilliam Beschorner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Follow up studies would establish the relative contribution of tissue accommodation and specific immune tolerance to the prolongation of heart xenograft survival. ..
- Islet Transplantation with Chimeric Donor PigsWilliam Beschorner; Fiscal Year: 2007..These will permit earlier detection of rejection or graft failure, and establish the safety of xenotransplantation with regards to risk of zoonotie or opportunistic infections. ..
- Improving Gastrointestinal Recovery after RadiationGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Modified Donor T Cell Infusion into Mixed ChimerasGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, this study could translate into improved control of the GVH reaction and improved survival after allogeneic HCT. ..
- Immunosupression-Resistant Gene Modified Donor T CellsGeorge Georges; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from these studies have the strong potential to be directly translated to future gene therapy clinical trials. ..
- Stem/Progenitor Cell Inversions With Cell Cycle TransitGerald Colvin; Fiscal Year: 2007..They promise to further define the basic nature of the hematopoietic marrow stem cells and could lead to interesting preclinical models for selective lineage support of various myeloablative therapy approaches . ..
- WT1 Expression in Patients with MDS Treated with ATG an*H Deeg; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Campath-1H & Calcineurin-Inhibitors in Renal TransplantStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MOBILIZED BLOOD STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATION WITHOUT GVHDSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Permeability Changes in Small Bowel Allograft RejectionJonathan Fryer; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Molecular Genetics and Mechanisms of ThrombocytopeniaLeonard Shultz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Reciprocal bone marrow transfers will discriminate between defects that are intrinsic to hematopoietic progenitors and abnormalities in the hematopoietic microenvironment. ..
- Cellular Mechanisms for Oligodendrocyte MyelinationBruce D Trapp; Fiscal Year: 2010..Collectively, these studies should identify therapeutic targets that enhance remyelination and reduce the progression of neurological disability in MS patients. ..
- Reciprocal regulation of SDF-1 between marrow and lung during acute lung injuryBenjamin T Suratt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies we propose are expected to improve our limited understanding of this phase of ALI, and could eventually lead to improved therapies for a condition that continues to be all too often fatal. ..
- Anti-ischemic Resuscitation FluidMartin Bluth; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNODEFICIENCY AND TUMORIGENESISLeonard Shultz; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Novel genetic approach to dissecting homing /engraftmentLishan Su; Fiscal Year: 2004..The novel (Degrakine) genetic approach will also be applicable to the analysis of cell migration in other biological processes such as heart and lung functions, as well as mature hemato-lymphoid cells. ..
- Deciphering the Relevance and Etiology of Th2 Cytokine Skewing in WASP KO MiceDeanna Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Gene therapy Approach for the treatment of EAEYacov Ron; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MIXED CHIMERISM FOLLOWING BMT FOR HEMATOLOGIC MALIGNANCYThomas Spitzer; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that these studies will advance a new approach to separating GVHD from graft-versus-leukemia effects of alloreactive donor T cells. ..
- MIXED CHIMERISM TO TREAT SICKLE CELL DISEASESUZANNE ILDSTAD; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our overall objective is to apply BMT to treat SCD, yet avoid the morbidity and mortality of lethal conditioning, GVHD, and lack of suitably matched donors. ..
- Damage to thymic stroma & de novo T cell production.Susan Prockop; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such a setting provides a scientific and clinical basis from which to launch an academic career. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lymphoma Therapy Using Mixed Progenitor TransplantsSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2004..GVHD will be monitored by clinical signs, survival, and histopathology. ..
- Genetic Analy. of Chemokine Receptors in T Cell Develop.Lishan Su; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Renal Transplantation Using Campath1H/RapamycinStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2003..This data will be correlated with histopathology of protocol biopsies. ..
- Aging and Immunity WorkshopLaura Haynes; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this proposal, we are specifically requesting funds to cover the basic costs to allow five junior investigators to attend the workshop, with the goal of fostering the next generation of immunologists in this field. ..
- NEUTROPHIL HOMEOSTASIS IN LUNG INFLAMMATIONBENJAMIN SURATT; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will address fundamental questions of neutrophil biology as well as provide clues to the mechanisms of lung injury in bone marrow transplantation. ..
- REGULATORY T CELLS IN ALLORECOGNITIONNicole Suciu Foca; Fiscal Year: 2004..An animal model for induction of tolerance by transfer of Ts will be used. These studies will establish the role of allospecific Ts and their potential use for tolerance induction. ..
- MSC as facilitators of Transplantion ToleranceAmelia Bartholomew; Fiscal Year: 2003..Insights gained on the role donor MSCs play in allograft acceptance may then be applied to our pre-clinical baboon model for development of novel pre-clinical cellular therapies in transplantation tolerance. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF BONE MARROW INDUCED TOLERANCEJames George; Fiscal Year: 2003..The information generated will provide information regarding the specific cellular and subcellular events that are critical to the induction and maintenance of tolerance in this system. ..
- Molecular Characterization of a Human DysfibrinogenVERONICA FLOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will provide valuable information about the structural and functional behavior of this dysfibrinogen and will ultimately improve understanding of clot formation and the process of hemostasis. ..
- Facilitation/Barriers in Non-Myeloablative TransplantsThai Cao; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CXCR3 Chemokine Receptor in Non-Human Primate AllograftStuart Knechtle; Fiscal Year: 2006..We plan to take advantage of the combined experience of the Hancock and Knechtle labs to address the research questions posed herein. ..
- FUNCTIONAL LOCI MODIFYING SLE RENAL DISEASEEric Sobel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CONDITIONAL ACTIVATION OF MPL AS A GENE THERAPY STRATEGYRobert Richard; Fiscal Year: 2006..These goals are attainable given the unique facilities that are now available at the UW GCRC. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fibroblast Specific Protein 1 in Pulmonary FibrosisTIMOTHY BLACKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CUTANEOUS ONCOLOGYMadeleine Duvic; Fiscal Year: 2004..Young physicians and students who receive advanced training in the proper detection, prevention, and treatment of skin cancers will be a resource and may improve outcomes for patients of the future. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF LUNG INFLAMMATION BY NF-KBTIMOTHY BLACKWELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- TNFR ASSOCIATED FACTOR IN PULMONARY RESPONSE TO TNF-AGloria Pryhuber; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will demonstrate the cellular function of TRAF1 in vitro and the role of TRAF1 expression in vivo in transgenic overexpression and ablation models stressed by hyperoxia. ..
- Restoring Hematopoiesis Following Radiation InjuryAmelia Bartholomew; Fiscal Year: 2005..The use of 3rd party ex vivo expanded cryopreserved MSC is clinically attractive, since it potentially reduces the time to obtain MSC while increasing widespread availability for clinical use. ..
- Pathogenesis of a Novel Limb-Girdle Muscular DystrophyMichio Hirano; Fiscal Year: 2003..For the patients, achieving the proposed goals will allow more accurate prenatal diagnosis, genetic counseling, and perhaps contribute to more rational therapies in the future. ..
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cell Specific Responses to TNF-alpha in Lung FibrosisGloria Pryhuber; Fiscal Year: 2009..Lung disease caused by inhaled dust is a significant world wide health problem. This proposal will identify new targets for therapy of these chronic and often deadly diseases with reduced side effects. ..
- Proteasome Inhibition in Myelodysplastic SyndromesJane Liesveld; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will define a potential therapeutic role for bortezomib in MDS and will aid in understanding the hematopoietic stem cell in these disorders. ..