Genomes and Genes
Summary: A family of gram-negative aerobic bacteria in the class BETA PROTEOBACTERIA, encompassing the acidovorans rRNA complex. Some species are pathogenic for PLANTS.
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Malikia granosa gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel polyhydroxyalkanoate- and polyphosphate-accumulating bacterium isolated from activated sludge, and reclassification of Pseudomonas spinosa as Malikia spinosa comb. novStefan Spring
DSMZ Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen, Mascheroder Weg 1b, D 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:621-9. 2005..analysis of its 16S rRNA gene sequence placed the novel isolate among representatives of the family Comamonadaceae. The closest relatives in reconstructed phylogenetic trees were Pseudomonas spinosa, Macromonas bipunctata and ..
- Genome sequences of Alicycliphilus denitrificans strains BC and K601TMargreet J Oosterkamp
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 10, 6703 HB, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 193:5028-9. 2011..denitrificans strains BC and K601(T) were sequenced. Here, we report the complete genome sequences of A. denitrificans strains BC and K601(T)...
- Microbial community succession in an unvegetated, recently deglaciated soilDiana R Nemergut
INSTAAR, An Earth and Environmental Systems Institute, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Microb Ecol 53:110-22. 2007..Sequences related to the Comamonadaceae clade of the Betaproteobacteria were dominant in the youngest soil, decreased in abundance in the intermediate ..
- Verminephrobacter eiseniae gen. nov., sp. nov., a nephridial symbiont of the earthworm Eisenia foetida (Savigny)Nicolas Pinel
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7242, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:2147-57. 2008..nov. is proposed for the earthworm nephridial symbionts. The name Verminephrobacter eiseniae sp. nov. is proposed for the type species with strain EF01-2(T) (=ATCC BAA-1489(T)=DSM 19286(T)) as the type strain of the type species...
- Microbial community composition of the Danshui river estuary of Northern Taiwan and the practicality of the phylogenetic method in microbial barcodingPei Chun Liao
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan Normal University, No 88 Ting Chow Rd, Sect 4, Taipei, 116, Taiwan, Republic of China
Microb Ecol 54:497-507. 2007..the most diverse taxon, while the most abundant family is Rhodobacteraceae (alpha-Proteobacteria), followed by Comamonadaceae (beta-Proteobacteria)...
- Assessing niche separation among coexisting Limnohabitans strains through interactions with a competitor, viruses, and a bacterivoreKarel Simek
Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Hydrobiological Institute, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:1406-16. 2010..Overall, our data suggest contrasting ecophysiological capabilities and partial niche separation in two coexisting Limnohabitans strains...
- The cucurbit pathogenic bacterium Acidovorax citrulli requires a polar flagellum for full virulence before and after host-tissue penetrationOfir Bahar
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:1040-50. 2011..We also report a negative effect of polar flagellum impairment on T4P-mediated twitching motility of A. citrulli and discuss a possible co-regulation of these two motility machineries in this bacterium...
- Purification, characterization, and crystallization of the components of the nitrobenzene and 2-nitrotoluene dioxygenase enzyme systemsR E Parales
Section of Microbiology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3806-14. 2005..The specificity constants were 7.0 muM(-1) min(-1) for 2NT and 1.2 muM(-1) min(-1) for naphthalene, indicating that the enzyme is more efficient with 2NT as a substrate. Diffraction-quality crystals of the two oxygenases were obtained...
- Degradation of nitroaromatic compounds: a model to study evolution of metabolic pathwaysMaia Kivisaar
Department of Genetics, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Tartu University and Estonian Biocentre, 23 Riia Street, 51010 Tartu, Estonia
Mol Microbiol 74:777-81. 2009..These results provide strong evidence for the idea that promiscuity of proteins is an important step in the evolution of new functions...
- Purification, characterization, and cloning of a bifunctional molybdoenzyme with hydratase and alcohol dehydrogenase activityJianfeng Jin
Biocatalysis and Organic Chemistry, Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 89:1831-40. 2011..The purified enzyme showed three subunits in SDS gel, and the gene sequence revealed that this enzyme belongs to the molybdopterin binding oxidoreductase family containing molybdopterins, FAD, and iron-sulfur clusters...
- Verminephrobacter aporrectodeae sp. nov. subsp. tuberculatae and subsp. caliginosae, the specific nephridial symbionts of the earthworms Aporrectodea tuberculata and A. caliginosaMarie B Lund
Department of Bioscience, Microbiology, Aarhus University, Ny Munkegade 114, Aarhus C, Denmark
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 101:507-14. 2012..aporrectodeae subsp. caliginosae (type strain, Ac9(T) = DSM 21895(T) = LMG 25312(T)) isolated from the nephridia of the earthworms Aporrectodea tuberculata and A. caliginosa, respectively...
- Beneficial effect of Verminephrobacter nephridial symbionts on the fitness of the earthworm Aporrectodea tuberculataMarie B Lund
Department of Biological Sciences, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:4738-43. 2010....
- Transmission of nephridial bacteria of the earthworm Eisenia fetidaSeana K Davidson
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 2700, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:769-75. 2006..Whether this is due to the developmental stage of the host or the physiological state of the symbiont remains to be investigated...
- Diversity and host specificity of the Verminephrobacter-earthworm symbiosisMarie B Lund
Department of Biological Sciences, Microbiology, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Environ Microbiol 12:2142-51. 2010..The calibrated rates of symbiont 16S rRNA gene evolution are 0.012-0.026 substitutions per site per 50 million years and thus similar to rates reported from other symbiotic bacteria...
- Aggregate formation in a freshwater bacterial strain induced by growth state and conspecific chemical cuesJudith F Blom
Limnological Station, Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zurich, Seestrasse 187, 8802 Kilchberg, Switzerland
Environ Microbiol 12:2486-95. 2010..strain Z007. Moreover, these infochemicals only appeared to be generated by predation on cells from the same species...
- Genome sequence of the rice-pathogenic bacterium Acidovorax avenae subsp. avenae RS-1Guan Lin Xie
State Key Laboratory of Rice Biology, Ministry of Agriculture, Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Bacteriol 193:5013-4. 2011..Here, we present the draft genome sequence of strain RS-1, which was isolated from rice shoots in a rice field in China. This strain can cause bacterial stripe of rice...
- Resolving genetic functions within microbial populations: in situ analyses using rRNA and mRNA stable isotope probing coupled with single-cell raman-fluorescence in situ hybridizationWei E Huang
CEH Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:234-41. 2009....
- Reclassification of subspecies of Acidovorax avenae as A. Avenae (Manns 1905) emend., A. cattleyae (Pavarino, 1911) comb. nov., A. citrulli Schaad et al., 1978) comb. nov., and proposal of A. oryzae sp. novNorman W Schaad
ARS USDA, Foreign Disease Weed Science Research Unit, 1301 Ditto Avenue, Ft Detrick, MD 21702, USA
Syst Appl Microbiol 31:434-46. 2008..citrulli and A. cattleyae, respectively. We further propose a new taxon for the B strains, A. oryzae sp. nov. with FC-143T = ICPB 30003T = ICMP 3960T = ATCC 19882T as the type strain...
- The genome of Polaromonas naphthalenivorans strain CJ2, isolated from coal tar-contaminated sediment, reveals physiological and metabolic versatility and evolution through extensive horizontal gene transferJane M Yagi
Department of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Environ Microbiol 11:2253-70. 2009..and whole-genome scales revealed strong trends in shared heredity between strain CJ2 and other members of the Comamonadaceae and Burkholderiaceae...
- Isolation and characterization of Alicycliphilus denitrificans strain BC, which grows on benzene with chlorate as the electron acceptorSander A B Weelink
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:6672-81. 2008..Thus, aerobic pathways can be employed under conditions in which no external oxygen is supplied...
- Type IV Pili are required for virulence, twitching motility, and biofilm formation of acidovorax avenae subsp. CitrulliOfir Bahar
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, The Robert H Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:909-20. 2009..We also provide the first evidence that group I strains of A. avenae subsp. citrulli can colonize and move through host xylem vessels...
- The genome of Polaromonas sp. strain JS666: insights into the evolution of a hydrocarbon- and xenobiotic-degrading bacterium, and features of relevance to biotechnologyTimothy E Mattes
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 4105 Seamans Center, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:6405-16. 2008..Overall, the JS666 genome sequence provides insights into the evolution of pollutant-degrading bacteria and provides a toolbox of catabolic genes with utility for biotechnology...
- A morphological transition in the pleomorphic bacterium Ramlibacter tataouinensis TTB310Maxime Gommeaux
Laboratoire d Ecologie Microbienne de la Rhizosphere, CEA Cadarache, DSV DEVM, UMR 6191 CNRS CEA Université Aix Marseille 2, 13108 Saint Paul lez Durance Cedex, France
Res Microbiol 156:1026-30. 2005..TEM showed that, prior to division and transition into rods, cysts contained condensed cytoplasmic material. These results suggest that the morphological transition occurs by pure reshaping of cells...
- Biodegradation of 3-nitrotyrosine by Burkholderia sp. strain JS165 and Variovorax paradoxus JS171Shirley F Nishino
Air Force Research Laboratory, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida 32403 5323, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:1040-4. 2006..The facile isolation and the specific, regulated pathway for 3-nitrotyrosine degradation in natural ecosystems suggest that there is a significant flux of 3-nitrotyrosine in such environments...
- Isolation and characterization of hydrogen-oxidizing bacteria induced following exposure of soil to hydrogen gas and their impact on plant growthJiamila Maimaiti
Department of Biology, St Mary s University, Halifax, NS, Canada, B3H 3C3
Environ Microbiol 9:435-44. 2007..The results are consistent with the hypothesis that H2-oxidizing bacteria in soils have plant growth promoting properties...
- Coordinated surface activities in Variovorax paradoxus EPSW David Jamieson
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Bath, UK
BMC Microbiol 9:124. 2009..Our group has cultivated a mucoid strain of Variovorax paradoxus for study as a model of bacterial development and response to environmental conditions. Colonies of this organism vary widely in appearance depending on agar plate type...
- Electricity generation by direct oxidation of glucose in mediatorless microbial fuel cellsSwades K Chaudhuri
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003 9298, USA
Nat Biotechnol 21:1229-32. 2003..Growth is supported by energy derived from the electron transfer process itself and results in stable, long-term power production...
- Proposal of Giesbergeria voronezhensis gen. nov., sp. nov. and G. kuznetsovii sp. nov. and reclassification of [Aquaspirillum] anulus, [A.] sinuosum and [A.] giesbergeri as Giesbergeria anulus comb. nov., G. sinuosa comb. nov. and G. giesbergeri comb. novMargarita Grabovich
Department of Biochemistry and Plant Physiology, Faculty of Biology, Voronezh State University, Voronezh, Russia
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:569-76. 2006..Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that the isolates belong to the family Comamonadaceae, within the class Betaproteobacteria, but fall into a distinct cluster...
- Investigation of an acetate-fed denitrifying microbial community by stable isotope probing, full-cycle rRNA analysis, and fluorescent in situ hybridization-microautoradiographyManeesha P Ginige
Advanced Wastewater Management Centre, The University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Queensland, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8683-91. 2005..The dominant 16S rRNA gene phylotypes in the 13C library were closely related to the bacterial families Comamonadaceae and Rhodocyclaceae in the class Betaproteobacteria...
- Rapid mineralization of the phenylurea herbicide diuron by Variovorax sp. strain SRS16 in pure culture and within a two-member consortiumSebastian R Sørensen
Department of Geochemistry, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Øster Voldgade 10, DK 1350 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2332-40. 2008..These results suggest that the consortium consisting of strains SRS16 and D47 could be a promising candidate for remediation of soil and water contaminated with diuron and linuron and their shared metabolite 3,4-dichloroaniline...
- Variovorax soli sp. nov., isolated from greenhouse soilByung Yong Kim
Korean Agricultural Culture Collection KACC, Microbial Genetics Division, National Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Rural Development Administration, Suwon 441 707, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:2899-901. 2006..nov. The type strain is GH9-3(T) (=KACC 11579(T)=DSM 18216(T))...
- Microdiversity of Burkholderiales associated with mycorrhizal and nonmycorrhizal roots of Medicago truncatulaPierre Offre
INRA, Universite de Bourgogne, UMR1229 Microbiologie du Sol et de l Environnement, CMSE, BP, Dijon, France
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 65:180-92. 2008..These sequences were distributed into three branches corresponding to Comamonadaceae, Oxalobacteraceae and Rubrivivax subgroups...
- Caenimonas koreensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from activated sludgeSeung Hyun Ryu
Division of Applied Life Science BK21 program, EB NCRC, PMBBRC, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:1064-8. 2008..analysis showed that strain EMB320T formed a phyletic lineage distinct from other genera within the family Comamonadaceae. On the basis of chemotaxonomic data and molecular properties, strain EMB320T represents a novel genus and ..
- Pseudacidovorax intermedius gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel nitrogen-fixing betaproteobacterium isolated from soilPeter Kampfer
Institut fur Angewandte Mikrobiologie, Universitat Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:491-5. 2008..nov., sp. nov. is proposed; the type strain is CC-21(T) (=CCUG 54492(T)=CIP 109510(T))...
- Variovorax boronicumulans sp. nov., a boron-accumulating bacterium isolated from soilHiroki Miwa
Biotechnology Research Center, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:286-9. 2008..nov. is proposed. The type strain is BAM-48(T) (=NBRC 103145(T) =KCTC 22010(T))...
- Isolation and characterization of a new facultatively autotrophic hydrogen-oxidizing Betaproteobacterium, Hydrogenophaga sp. AH-24Ki Seok Yoon
Department of Bioresource Science, School of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 278:94-100. 2008..Cytochrome b561 was inferred to function as the redox partner of the membrane-bound hydrogenase...
- 4-sulfomuconolactone hydrolases from Hydrogenophaga intermedia S1 and Agrobacterium radiobacter S2Sad Halak
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, D 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
J Bacteriol 189:6998-7006. 2007..The suggested 4-sulfocatechol pathway from 4-sulfocatechol to maleylacetate was confirmed by in situ nuclear magnetic resonance analysis using the recombinantly expressed enzymes...
- Biodegradation of polychlorinated biphenyls in Aroclor 1232 and production of metabolites from 2,4,4'-trichlorobiphenyl at low temperature by psychrotolerant Hydrogenophaga sp. strain IA3-AA J Lambo
Department of Biology, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology Laboratory, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NF, Canada
J Appl Microbiol 102:1318-29. 2007....
- Control of continuous polyhydroxybutyrate synthesis using calorimetry and flow cytometryThomas Maskow
Department of Environmental Microbiology UMB, UFZ Centre for Environmental Research Leipzig Halle GmbH, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 93:541-52. 2006..Cells grown on phenol comprised a third subpopulation with a single DNA set. Rising phenol concentrations caused this subpopulation to increase. It may thus be considered as an indicator of chemostress...
- Propylphenols are metabolites in the anaerobic biodegradation of propylbenzene under iron-reducing conditionsSara Eriksson
Department for Cell and Molecular Biology Microbiology, Goteborg University, Box 462, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Biodegradation 16:253-63. 2005..In addition, the study shows the importance of taking account of the metabolites adhering to solid phases when determining the extent of biodegradation, so as not to underestimate the extent of the process...
- Functional and compositional comparison of two activated sludge communities remediating coking effluentMike Manefield
CEH Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR, UK
Environ Microbiol 7:715-22. 2005..These results are discussed in the context of deterministic and stochastic models of microbial community assembly...
- Caenibacterium thermophilum gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from a thermophilic aerobic digester of municipal sludgeCélia M Manaia
Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1375-82. 2003..nov., sp. nov. is proposed...
- Elucidating the key member of a linuron-mineralizing bacterial community by PCR and reverse transcription-PCR denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis 16S rRNA gene fingerprinting and cultivationSebastian R Sørensen
Department of Geochemistry, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, Øster Voldgade 10, DK 1350 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:4144-8. 2005..The community mineralized [ring-U-14C]linuron completely to 14CO2 and 14C-biomass. Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis analysis and cultivation revealed that a Variovorax sp. was responsible for the mineralization activity...
- Autohydrogenotrophic denitrifying microbial community in a glass beads biofilm reactorHo Il Park
Water Environment and Remediation Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, 136 791 Seoul, Korea
Biotechnol Lett 27:949-53. 2005..An unculturable Hydrogenophaga sp., which is a new genus of hydrogen-oxidizing bacterium was dominant in microbial community of the biofilm reactor...
- Unique kinetic properties of phenol-degrading variovorax strains responsible for efficient trichloroethylene degradation in a chemostat enrichment cultureHiroyuki Futamata
Department of Ecological Engineering, Toyohashi University of Technology, Tenpakutyo 1 1, Toyohashi, Aichi 441 8580, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:904-11. 2005..On the basis of physiological information, mechanisms accounting for the way the Variovorax population overgrew the chemostat enrichment are discussed...
- Extracellular DNA in single- and multiple-species unsaturated biofilmsR E Steinberger
Donald Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, University of California Santa Barbara, Bren Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 5131, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:5404-10. 2005..We conclude that extracellular DNA production in unsaturated biofilms is species dependent and that the phylogenetic information contained in this DNA pool is quantifiable and distinct from either total or cellular DNA...
- Hydrogenophaga defluvii sp. nov. and Hydrogenophaga atypica sp. nov., isolated from activated sludgePeter Kampfer
Institut fur Angewandte Mikrobiologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:341-4. 2005..16S rRNA gene sequence comparisons demonstrated that both strains cluster phylogenetically within the family Comamonadaceae: the two strains shared 99...
- Proposals of Curvibacter gracilis gen. nov., sp. nov. and Herbaspirillum putei sp. nov. for bacterial strains isolated from well water and reclassification of [Pseudomonas] huttiensis, [Pseudomonas] lanceolata, [Aquaspirillum] delicatum and [AquaspirillumLinxian Ding
Laboratory of Bioresources, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:2223-30. 2004..nov., and [P.] huttiensis and [A.] autotrophicum are transferred to the genus Herbaspirillum as Herbaspirillum huttiense comb. nov. and Herbaspirillum autotrophicum comb. nov., respectively...
- Thermotolerant poly(3-hydroxybutyrate)-degrading bacteria from hot compost and characterization of the PHB depolymerase of Schlegelella sp. KB1aFabian Romen
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, 70550 Stuttgart, Germany
Arch Microbiol 182:157-64. 2004..A catalytic triad consisting of S(20), D(104), and H(138) and a pentapeptide sequence (GLS(20)AG) characteristic for PHB depolymerases (PHB depolymerase box, GLSXG) and for other serine hydrolases (lipase box, GXSXG) were identified...
- Regioselective hydroxylation of quinolinic acid, lutidinic acid and isocinchomeronic acid by resting cells of pyridine dicarboxylic acid-degrading microorganismsA Uchida
Department of Biomolecular Science, Gifu University, Yanagido 1 1, 501 1193 Gifu, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 62:337-41. 2003..LA17, with a 99% molar conversion yield. Resting cells of Hydrogenophaga sp. IMA01 produced 88.7 mM 6-hydroxyisocinchomeronic acid (16.2 g l(-1)) by 24 h incubation, with a 81% molar conversion yield...
- Utilization of capsaicin and vanillylamine as growth substrates by Capsicum (hot pepper)-associated bacteriaSuvi F Flagan
Keck Laboratories, Mailcode 138 78, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Environ Microbiol 8:560-5. 2006..A cross-feeding of capsaicin-derived carbon and nitrogen between members of pepper-associated consortia is proposed...
- Arsenite oxidation by the heterotroph Hydrogenophaga sp. str. NT-14: the arsenite oxidase and its physiological electron acceptorRachel N vanden Hoven
Department of Microbiology, La Trobe University, 3086, Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1656:148-55. 2004..The cytochrome can also accept electrons from the purified NT-26 arsenite oxidase. A hypothetical electron transport chain for heterotrophic arsenite oxidation is proposed...
- Comparative metagenomics of Daphnia symbiontsWeihong Qi
Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
BMC Genomics 10:172. 2009..Third, we compare the metacommunities revealed by two different 454 pyrosequencing methods (GS 20 and GS FLX)...
- [Comparison of microbial community structure of quinoline and indole acclimated denitrifying bioreactor]Xuan Hong
Key Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism, Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:503-7. 2008..We compared the microbial communities of two denitrifying bioreactors acclimated by quinoline and indole under identical condition...
- Bacterial diversity in synovial fluids of patients with TMD determined by cloning and sequencing analysis of the 16S ribosomal RNA geneWei Sun
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:566-71. 2008....
- Alimentary tract bacteria isolated and identified with API-20E and molecular cloning techniques from Australian tropical fruit flies, Bactrocera cacuminata and B. tryoniN Thaochan
Institute of Agricultural Technology, Walailak University, Nakhon Si Thammarat, 80161, Thailand
J Insect Sci 10:131. 2010..and Firmicutes — including five families, Leuconostocaceae, Enterococcaceae, Acetobacteriaceae, Comamonadaceae and Enterobacteriaceae...
- Elucidating MTBE degradation in a mixed consortium using a multidisciplinary approachFelipe Bastida
Department of Isotope Biogeochemistry, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Leipzig, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 73:370-84. 2010..of the culture grown on (13)C-MTBE as the only carbon source revealed that proteins related to members of the Comamonadaceae family, such as Delftia acidovorans, Acidovorax sp. or Comamonas sp...
- Characterization of microbial communities in exhaust air treatment systems of large-scale pig housing facilitiesJ Haneke
Department of Animal Sciences, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Georg August University of Gottingen, Universitätsstr 7, 49377 Vechta, Germany
Water Sci Technol 62:1551-9. 2010..The main Proteobacteria species present were affiliated to the families Alcaligenaceae, Comamonadaceae and Xanthomonadaceae...
- Previously uncultured beta-Proteobacteria dominate in biologically active granular activated carbon (BAC) filtersR Maarit Niemi
Finnish Environment Institute, Research Programme for Biodiversity, P O Box 140, FI 00251 Helsinki, Finland
Water Res 43:5075-86. 2009..The majority of the isolates belonged to order Burkholderiales of beta-Proteobacteria, a few to Comamonadaceae but the majority to an undescribed family and the related sequences belonged mainly to uncultured bacteria...
- [Phylogenetic analysis of bacterial diversity in Pacific Arctic sediments]Hui Rong Li
SOA Key Laboratory for Polar Science, Polar Research Institute of China, Shanghai 200136, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:177-83. 2006..sequences obtained from sediment B78 collected from the Canadian Basin belong to beta-, gamma- Proteobacteria, Comamonadaceae and Acidobacteria...
- Acidovorax valerianellae sp. nov., a novel pathogen of lamb's lettuce [Valerianella locusta (L.) Laterr]Louis Gardan
INRA, UMR de Pathologie Végétale, INRA INH Université 42, rue G Morel, 49071 Beaucouze, France
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:795-800. 2003..this novel species belongs to the beta-subclass of the Proteobacteria and, more specifically, to the family Comamonadaceae and the genus Acidovorax. The name Acidovorax valerianellae sp. nov...
- Bacterial community structure in tree hole habitats of Ochlerotatus triseriatus: influences of larval feedingY Xu
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 24:219-27. 2008..Major groups apparently affected by larvae were Flavobacteriaceae, Rhodobacteraceae, Comamonadaceae, and Sphingomonadaceae...
- Saccamoeba lacustris, sp. nov. (Amoebozoa: Lobosea: Hartmannellidae), a new lobose amoeba, parasitized by the novel chlamydia 'Candidatus Metachlamydia lacustris' (Chlamydiae: Parachlamydiaceae)Daniele Corsaro
Center for Research on Intracellular Bacteria, Institute of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Bugnon 46, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Protistol 46:86-95. 2010..The rod-shaped endosymbiont was identified as a member of Variovorax paradoxus group (Comamonadaceae, Beta-Proteobacteria)...
- Presence, distribution, and diversity of iron-oxidizing bacteria at a landfill leachate-impacted groundwater surface water interfaceRan Yu
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 71:260-71. 2010..the near-surface sediment (1-2 cm below ground surface) were dominated by members of the Bradyrhizobiaceae and Comamonadaceae; clones from the deeper sediments were phylogenetically more diverse, dominated by members of the ..
- Diversity of glycosyl hydrolases from cellulose-depleting communities enriched from casts of two earthworm speciesAna Beloqui
CSIC, Institute of Catalysis, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:5934-46. 2010..with oligonucleotide usage pattern analysis, suggested that those apparently originated from Gammaproteobacteria (pseudomonads and Cellvibrio-like organisms), Betaproteobacteria (Comamonadaceae), and Alphaproteobacteria (Rhizobiales).
- Investigation of catechol 2,3-dioxygenase and 16S rRNA gene diversity in hypoxic, petroleum hydrocarbon contaminated groundwaterAndrás Táncsics
Department of Microbiology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Syst Appl Microbiol 33:398-406. 2010..In this study, we investigated the diversity and distribution of Comamonadaceae family (Betaproteobacteria) related catechol 2,3-dioxygenase genes, which belong to the I.2...
- Limnohabitans australis sp. nov., isolated from a freshwater pond, and emended description of the genus LimnohabitansMartin W Hahn
Institute for Limnology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Mondseestrasse 9, A 5310 Mondsee, Austria
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:2946-50. 2010..analysis of 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated affiliation of the strain with the genus Limnohabitans (Comamonadaceae, Betaproteobacteria)...
- Kinneretia asaccharophila gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from a freshwater lake, a member of the Rubrivivax branch of the family ComamonadaceaeMargarita Gomila
Microbiologia, Departament de Biologia, Universitat de les Illes Balears, 07122 Palma de Mallorca, Illes Balears, Spain
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:809-14. 2010..to species of the genera Pelomonas, Mitsuaria and Roseateles, in the Rubrivivax branch of the family Comamonadaceae of the Betaproteobacteria...
- Limnohabitans planktonicus sp. nov. and Limnohabitans parvus sp. nov., planktonic betaproteobacteria isolated from a freshwater reservoir, and emended description of the genus LimnohabitansVojtech Kasalicky
Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences CR, v v i Institute of Hydrobiology, Na Sadkach 7, 37005 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:2710-4. 2010..rRNA gene sequences revealed the affiliation of both strains with the genus Limnohabitans within the family Comamonadaceae. The two investigated strains represent the first isolated members of a narrow phylogenetic cluster (the so-..
- Phylogenetic analysis of the genus Aquaspirillum based on 16S rRNA gene sequencesLinxian Ding
Laboratory of Bioresources, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 212:165-9. 2002..anulus, A. giesbergeri, A. sinuosum, A. metamorphum and A. psychrophilum, are included in the family Comamonadaceae; the two members of the third group, A. arcticum and A...
- Limnohabitans curvus gen. nov., sp. nov., a planktonic bacterium isolated from a freshwater lakeMartin W Hahn
Institute for Limnology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Mondseestrasse 9, A 5310 Mondsee, Austria
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:1358-65. 2010..Phylogenetic analysis of 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed the affiliation of the strain with the family Comamonadaceae (Betaproteobacteria); however, the phylogenetic position of the strain did not support an affiliation to any ..
- Comamonas nitrativorans sp. nov., a novel denitrifier isolated from a denitrifying reactor treating landfill leachateC Etchebehere
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:977-83. 2001..The organism clustered within the family Comamonadaceae, being related to Comamonas terrigena (95.8% sequence similarity)...
- Polyphasic characterization of poly-3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate (p(HB-co-HV)) metabolizing and denitrifying Acidovorax sp. strainsK Schloe
Universiteit Gent, Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, Belgium
Syst Appl Microbiol 23:364-72. 2000..Results obtained by molecular techniques demonstrated that the 2nIII strains are members of the Comamonadaceae and shows similarities to the genus Acidovorax...
- Biodiversity in aerobic granule membrane bioreactor at high organic loading ratesYu Chuan Juang
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 85:383-8. 2009..the dominance of the denitrifying microbial community, which is affiliated with members of the families Comamonadaceae and Alcaligenaceae, of the class Betaproteobacteria...
- Nitrous oxide reduction genetic potential from the microbial community of an intermittently aerated partial nitritation SBR treating mature landfill leachateJ Gabarro
LEQUIA, Institute of the Environment, University of Girona, Campus Montilivi, E 17071 Girona, Catalonia, Spain Electronic address
Water Res 47:7066-77. 2013..However, nosZ encoding gene bacteria was found during the whole experiment indicating the genetic potential to reduce N2O. ..
- Rhodoferax saidenbachensis sp. nov., a psychrotolerant, very slowly growing bacterium within the family Comamonadaceae, proposal of appropriate taxonomic position of Albidiferax ferrireducens strain T118T in the genus Rhodoferax and emended description ofRené Kaden
National Veterinary Institute SVA, Ulls Väg 2B, 75189 Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 64:1186-93. 2014..rRNA gene sequence and phenotypic properties, the bacterium belongs to the genus Rhodoferax within the family Comamonadaceae. The new taxon differed from related species mainly with respect to its fatty acid composition, low growth ..
- Characterization of geochemical constituents and bacterial populations associated with As mobilization in deep and shallow tube wells in BangladeshNora B Sutton
Department of Geosciences, Utrecht University, Budapestlaan 4, 3584 CD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Water Res 43:1720-30. 2009..Bacterial genera, including Comamonadaceae, Acidovorax, Acinetobacter, and Hydrogenophaga, associated with tolerance of high arsenic concentrations, ..
- Reclassification of Alcaligenes latus strains IAM 12599T and IAM 12664 and Pseudomonas saccharophila as Azohydromonas lata gen. nov., comb. nov., Azohydromonas australica sp. nov. and Pelomonas saccharophila gen. nov., comb. nov., respectivelyCheng Hui Xie
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:2419-25. 2005..nov., comb. nov. is proposed, with the type strain IAM 14368T (=LMG 2256T=ATCC 15946T)...
- Expression of a bacterial flagellin gene triggers plant immune responses and confers disease resistance in transgenic rice plantsYoshimitsu Takakura
Orynova K K, 700 Higashibara Toyoda, Iwata, Shizuoka 438 0802, Japan
Mol Plant Pathol 9:525-9. 2008..Transgenic plants inoculated with Magnaporthe grisea, the causal agent of rice blast, showed enhanced resistance to blast, suggesting that the flagellin production confers disease resistance in the transgenic rice...
- Predominance of Flavobacterium, Pseudomonas, and Polaromonas within the prokaryotic community of freshwater shallow lakes in the northern Victoria Land, East AntarcticaLuigi Michaud
Department of Animal Biology and Marine Ecology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 82:391-404. 2012....
- A case of sepsis caused by AcidovoraxA Shetty
Department of Medical Microbiology PHL, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff CF4 4XN, UK
J Infect 51:e171-2. 2005..This report documents a case of sepsis caused by a recently recognized environmental organism and demonstrates the pathogenicity of this bacterium in the clinical setting...
- Reconstructing the evolutionary history of nitrotoluene detection in the transcriptional regulator NtdRKou San Ju
Department of Microbiology, College of Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Microbiol 74:826-43. 2009..Structural modelling of NtdR suggests that these residues are near the predicted inducer binding pocket. Based on these results, an evolutionary model is presented that depicts the stepwise evolution of NtdR...
- Caldimonas manganoxidans gen. nov., sp. nov., a poly(3-hydroxybutyrate)-degrading, manganese-oxidizing thermophileMinoru Takeda
Division of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 52:895-900. 2002..Comparative 16S rDNA analysis indicated that strain HS(T) is related to the Rubrivivax subgroup and the family Comamonadaceae. The nearest phylogenetic relatives were Ideonella dechloratans (92.1% similarity), Leptothrix discophora (93...
- High motility reduces grazing mortality of planktonic bacteriaCarsten Matz
Center for Biomedical Microbiology, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:921-9. 2005..Our findings suggest that motility has an important adaptive function in the survival of planktonic bacteria during protozoan grazing...
- High yield synthesis of 12-aminolauric acid by "enzymatic transcrystallization" of omega-laurolactam using omega-laurolactam hydrolase from Acidovorax sp. T31Yasuhisa Fukuta
Biotechnology Research Center and Department of Biotechnology, Toyama Prefectural University, Toyama, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:980-6. 2009..3% yield). Under the optimum conditions, 208 g/l of 12-aminolauric acid was produced in 17 h. The resulting pure product was identical to authentic 12-aminolauric acid...
- Acidovorax anthurii sp. nov., a new phytopathogenic bacterium which causes bacterial leaf-spot of anthuriumL Gardan
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Station de Pathologie Végétale et de Phytobactériologie, Beaucouze, France
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 50:235-46. 2000..of naturally infected anthurium were characterized and compared with reference strains belonging to the Comamonadaceae family, the genera Ralstonia and Burkholderia, and representative fluorescent pseudomonads...
- Polaromonas and Hydrogenophaga species are the predominant bacteria cultured from granular activated carbon filters in water treatmentA Magic-Knezev
Het Waterlaboratorium, Haarlem, The Netherlands
J Appl Microbiol 107:1457-67. 2009....
- Architecture and spatial organization in a triple-species bacterial biofilm synergistically degrading the phenylurea herbicide linuronPhilip Breugelmans
Division of Soil and Water Management, Catholic University of Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg, Leuven, Belgium
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 64:271-82. 2008..These observations indicate that the spatial organization in the linuron-fed consortium biofilm reflected the metabolic interactions within the consortium...
- [Characteristics and diversity of a microbial community decomposing wheat straw under aerobic conditions]Yu Ling Dong
College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:249-54. 2010....
- Multiple impacts of the plant growth-promoting rhizobacterium Variovorax paradoxus 5C-2 on nutrient and ABA relations of Pisum sativumFan Jiang
Beijing Key Laboratory of Gene Resource and Molecular Development, College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, 100875, China
J Exp Bot 63:6421-30. 2012....
- Nitrate removal efficiency and bacterial community dynamics in denitrification processes using poly (L-lactic acid) as the solid substrateMasaaki Takahashi
Department of Environmental and Life Sciences, Toyohashi University of Technology, Aichi, Japan
Microbes Environ 26:212-9. 2011..The 16S rRNA gene clone library and culture-dependent analyses showed that bacteria belonging to the family Comamonadaceae predominated and played the primary role in denitrification in the PLLA-using reactor; however, none of the ..
- A culture-independent approach to unravel uncultured bacteria and functional genes in a complex microbial communityYun Wang
Kroto Research Institute, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e47530. 2012..U2 and Polaromonas naphthalenivorans CJ2. The SMB toolbox will be useful in providing deep insights into uncultured microorganisms and unravelling their ecological roles in natural environments...
- Hydrogenophaga caeni sp. nov., isolated from activated sludgeBok Sil Chung
Division of Applied Life Science, EB NCRC, PMBBRC, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:1126-30. 2007..analyses showed that strain EMB71(T) formed a phyletic lineage with the genus Hydrogenophaga within the family Comamonadaceae. The levels of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity with respect to the type strains of Hydrogenophaga species ..
- Acetate oxidation by syntrophic association between Geobacter sulfurreducens and a hydrogen-utilizing exoelectrogenZen Ichiro Kimura
Division of Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
ISME J 7:1472-82. 2013..These results show for the first time that G. sulfurreducens can oxidize acetate in syntrophic cooperation with the isolated Hydrogenophaga sp. strain AR20, with electrode as the electron acceptor. ..
- Fungal-bacterial consortia increase diuron degradation in water-unsaturated systemsLea Ellegaard-Jensen
Department of Biology, Copenhagen University, Universitetsparken 15, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark Department of Geochemistry, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland GEUS, Øster Voldgade 10, DK 1350 Copenhagen K, Denmark Electronic address
Sci Total Environ 466:699-705. 2014..This study demonstrates new possibilities for applying efficient fungal-bacterial consortia for bioremediation of polluted soil. ..
- Variovorax dokdonensis sp. nov., isolated from soilJung Hoon Yoon
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, PO Box 115, Yusong, Taejon, Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:811-4. 2006..paradoxus. On the basis of phenotypic, phylogenetic and genetic data, it is proposed that strain DS-43T (=KCTC 12544T = CIP 108838T) be classified in the genus Variovorax as a member of a novel species, Variovorax dokdonensis sp. nov...
- Aerobic degradation of mercaptosuccinate by the gram-negative bacterium Variovorax paradoxus strain B4Irma Carbajal-Rodríguez
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Bacteriol 193:527-39. 2011....
- Phenotypic variation in the plant pathogenic bacterium Acidovorax citrulliRam Kumar Shrestha
The Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology and the Minerva Otto Warburg Center for Agricultural Biotechnology, The Robert H Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
PLoS ONE 8:e73189. 2013....
- Polaromonas naphthalenivorans sp. nov., a naphthalene-degrading bacterium from naphthalene-contaminated sedimentChe Ok Jeon
Department of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 8101, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:93-7. 2004..Comparative 16S rDNA analysis indicated that strain CJ2T is related to the family Comamonadaceae and that the nearest phylogenetic relative was Polaromonas vacuolata 34-PT (97.1% similarity)...
- Diversity of five anaerobic toluene-degrading microbial communities investigated using stable isotope probingWeimin Sun
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:972-80. 2012..microcosms constructed from a different source (agricultural soil), microorganisms in the family Comamonadaceae (genus unclassified) were the key putative degraders...
- Description of Acidovorax wautersii sp. nov. to accommodate clinical isolates and an environmental isolate, most closely related to Acidovorax avenaeMario Vaneechoutte
Laboratory Bacteriology Research, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 63:2203-6. 2013..nov. is proposed. The type strain is NF 1078(T) (=LMG 26971(T)=CCUG 62584(T))...