Genomes and Genes
Summary: A species of thermophilic, gram-positive bacteria found in MILK and milk products.
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of Versagel on the growth and metabolic activities of selected lactic acid bacteriaL Ramchandran
Faculty of Health, Engineering and Science, School of Molecular Sciences, Victoria University, Werribee Campus, P O Box 14428, Melbourne, Victoria 8001, Australia
J Food Sci 73:M21-6. 2008..skim milk (RSM), on the growth and metabolic activities of selected strains of yogurt starters (Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp...
- Phage response to CRISPR-encoded resistance in Streptococcus thermophilusHélène Deveau
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Felix d Herelle Reference Center for Bacterial Viruses, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec G1V 0A6, Canada
J Bacteriol 190:1390-400. 2008..In this study, we further characterized the efficiency of CRISPR1 as a phage resistance mechanism in Streptococcus thermophilus. First, we show that CRISPR1 is distinct from previously known phage defense systems and is effective ..
- The Streptococcus thermophilus CRISPR/Cas system provides immunity in Escherichia coliRimantas Sapranauskas
Institute of Biotechnology, Vilnius University, Graiciuno 8, LT 02241 Vilnius, Lithuania
Nucleic Acids Res 39:9275-82. 2011..In Streptococcus thermophilus, it was previously shown that the CRISPR1/Cas system can provide adaptive immunity against phages and ..
- Diversity, activity, and evolution of CRISPR loci in Streptococcus thermophilusPhilippe Horvath
Danisco France SAS, BP10, F 86220 Dangé Saint Romain, France
J Bacteriol 190:1401-12. 2008..Here, we characterize a novel Streptococcus thermophilus locus, CRISPR3, and experimentally demonstrate its ability to integrate novel spacers in response to ..
- In vitro reconstitution of Cascade-mediated CRISPR immunity in Streptococcus thermophilusTomas Sinkunas
Department of Protein DNA Interactions, Institute of Biotechnology, Vilnius University, Vilnius 02241, Lithuania
EMBO J 32:385-94. 2013..To establish the mechanism for adaptive immunity provided by the Streptococcus thermophilus CRISPR4-Cas (CRISPR-associated) system (St-CRISPR4-Cas), we isolated an effector complex (St-Cascade) ..
- Carbohydrate metabolism is essential for the colonization of Streptococcus thermophilus in the digestive tract of gnotobiotic ratsMuriel Thomas
Commensal and Probiotics Host Interactions Laboratory, INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 6:e28789. 2011b>Streptococcus thermophilus is the archetype of lactose-adapted bacterium and so far, its sugar metabolism has been mainly investigated in vitro. The objective of this work was to study the impact of lactose and lactose permease on S...
- Control of the transcription of a short gene encoding a cyclic peptide in Streptococcus thermophilus: a new quorum-sensing system?Mariam Ibrahim
INRA, Unité de Biochimie Bactérienne, UR477, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
J Bacteriol 189:8844-54. 2007..Our objective was to identify peptides secreted by Streptococcus thermophilus, a nonpathogenic bacterium widely used in dairy technology in association with other bacteria, and to ..
- Identification, structural, and biochemical characterization of a group of large Csn2 proteins involved in CRISPR-mediated bacterial immunityKwang Hoon Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST Institute for the Biocentury, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Proteins 80:2573-82. 2012..Herein, we report the crystal structure of Stu0660 of Streptococcus thermophilus, a Cas protein involved in the acquisition of new spacers...
- Genomic organization and molecular analysis of virulent bacteriophage 2972 infecting an exopolysaccharide-producing Streptococcus thermophilus strainCéline Lévesque
GREB, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:4057-68. 2005The Streptococcus thermophilus virulent pac-type phage 2972 was isolated from a yogurt made in France in 1999. It is a representative of several phages that have emerged with the industrial use of the exopolysaccharide-producing S...
- Differential regulation of two closely related integrative and conjugative elements from Streptococcus thermophilusNicolas Carraro
Nancy Universite, UMR1128, Génétique et Microbiologie, F 54506 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy, France
BMC Microbiol 11:238. 2011Two closely related ICEs, ICESt1 and ICESt3, have been identified in the lactic acid bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus. While their conjugation and recombination modules are almost identical (95% nucleotide identity) and their ..
- Cleavage of phage DNA by the Streptococcus thermophilus CRISPR3-Cas systemAlfonso H Magadan
Departement de Biochimie, de Microbiologie et Bio Informatiques, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e40913. 2012b>Streptococcus thermophilus, similar to other Bacteria and Archaea, has developed defense mechanisms to protect cells against invasion by foreign nucleic acids, such as virus infections and plasmid transformations...
- Sequencing and transcriptional analysis of the Streptococcus thermophilus histamine biosynthesis gene cluster: factors that affect differential hdcA expressionMarina Calles-Enríquez
Instituto de Productos Lacteos de Asturias, CSIC, 33300 Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:6231-8. 2010..From a total of 69 Streptococcus thermophilus strains screened, two strains, CHCC1524 and CHCC6483, showed the capacity to produce histamine...
- The oligopeptide transport system is essential for the development of natural competence in Streptococcus thermophilus strain LMD-9Rozenn Gardan
INRA, Unité de Biochimie Bactérienne, UR477, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
J Bacteriol 191:4647-55. 2009..Our objective was to reveal functions that are controlled by Ami via quorum-sensing mechanisms in Streptococcus thermophilus, a nonpathogenic bacterium widely used in dairy technology in association with other bacteria...
- Impact of the metabolic activity of Streptococcus thermophilus on the colon epithelium of gnotobiotic ratsFrançoise Rul
INRA, MICALIS UMR 1319, Domaine de Vilvert, F 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
J Biol Chem 286:10288-96. 2011The thermophilic lactic acid bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus is widely and traditionally used in the dairy industry. Despite the vast level of consumption of S...
- Lateral gene transfer of streptococcal ICE element RD2 (region of difference 2) encoding secreted proteinsIzabela Sitkiewicz
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
BMC Microbiol 11:65. 2011..Ten RD2-encoded proteins have significant similarity to proteins involved in conjugative transfer of Streptococcus thermophilus integrative chromosomal elements (ICEs).
- Specialized adaptation of a lactic acid bacterium to the milk environment: the comparative genomics of Streptococcus thermophilus LMD-9Yong Jun Goh
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583, USA
Microb Cell Fact 10:S22. 2011b>Streptococcus thermophilus represents the only species among the streptococci that has "Generally Regarded As Safe" status and that plays an economically important role in the fermentation of yogurt and cheeses...
- Serine hydroxymethyl transferase from Streptococcus thermophilus and L-threonine aldolase from Escherichia coli as stereocomplementary biocatalysts for the synthesis of beta-hydroxy-alpha,omega-diamino acid derivativesMariana L Gutierrez
Biotransformation group Instituto de Investigaciones Químicas y Ambientales de Barcelona CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
Chemistry 14:4647-56. 2008A novel serine hydroxymethyl transferase from Streptococcus thermophilus (SHMT) and a L-threonine aldolase from Escherichia coli (LTA) were used as stereocomplementary biocatalysts for the aldol addition of glycine to N-Cbz amino ..
- Growth advantage of Streptococcus thermophilus over Lactobacillus bulgaricus in vitro and in the gastrointestinal tract of gnotobiotic ratsL Ben-Yahia
INRA, UMR 1319 Micalis, Domaine de Vilvert, Bâtiment 440, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Benef Microbes 3:211-9. 2012The yoghurt bacteria, Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus, are alleged to have beneficial effects on human health...
- Identification of a tyrosine decarboxylase gene (tdcA) in Streptococcus thermophilus 1TT45 and analysis of its expression and tyramine production in milkFederica La Gioia
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:1140-4. 2011In this study, a tyrosine decarboxylase gene (tdcA) was identified in 1 among 83 Streptococcus thermophilus strains tested...
- Development of a versatile procedure based on natural transformation for marker-free targeted genetic modification in Streptococcus thermophilusLaetitia Fontaine
Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 5, Box 6, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:7870-7. 2010A versatile natural transformation protocol was established for and successfully applied to 18 of the 19 Streptococcus thermophilus strains tested...
- Balancing inflammatory, lipid, and xenobiotic signaling pathways by VSL#3, a biotherapeutic agent, in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseaseC Reiff
Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:1721-36. 2009..Using Affymetrix data analysis, important signaling pathways and transcription factors relevant to gut inflammation and antiinflammatory probiotics were identified...
- Derepression of excision of integrative and potentially conjugative elements from Streptococcus thermophilus by DNA damage response: implication of a cI-related repressorXavier Bellanger
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie UMR1128, INRA, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Universite Henri Poincare Nancy 1, 1 Bd des Aiguillettes, BP239, F 54506 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy, France
J Bacteriol 189:1478-81. 2007..C, derepresses the site-specific excision of two integrative and potentially conjugative elements from Streptococcus thermophilus, ICESt1 and ICESt3. The regulation pathway involves a repressor related to phage lambda cI repressor...
- Postgenomic analysis of streptococcus thermophilus cocultivated in milk with Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus: involvement of nitrogen, purine, and iron metabolismLuciana Herve-Jimenez
INRA, UR477 Biochimie Bacterienne, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:2062-73. 2009b>Streptococcus thermophilus is one of the most widely used lactic acid bacteria in the dairy industry, in particular in yoghurt manufacture, where it is associated with Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus...
- Global gene expression analysis of two Streptococcus thermophilus bacteriophages using DNA microarrayMartin Duplessis
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Canada
Virology 340:192-208. 2005..temporal gene expression of the two groups of phages infecting the Gram-positive lactic acid bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus. The complete genomic sequence of the virulent cos-type phage DT1 (34,815 bp) and the pac-type phage ..
- CRISPR analysis of bacteriophage-insensitive mutants (BIMs) of industrial Streptococcus thermophilus--implications for starter designS Mills
Teagasc, Moorepark Food Research Centre, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
J Appl Microbiol 108:945-55. 2010An efficient approach for generation of bacteriophage-insensitive mutants (BIMs) of Streptococcus thermophilus starters was described in our laboratory [Mills et al. (2007) J Microbiol Methods70, 159-164]...
- Potassium-activated GTPase reaction in the G Protein-coupled ferrous iron transporter BMiriam Rose Ash
Structural Biology Program, Centenary Institute, Sydney, New South Wales 2042, Australia
J Biol Chem 285:14594-602. 2010..Here, we present crystal structures of the soluble domain of FeoB from Streptococcus thermophilus in complex with GDP and with the GTP analogue derivative 2'-(or -3')-O-(N-methylanthraniloyl)-beta,gamma-..
- Gene cluster for biosynthesis of thermophilin 1277--a lantibiotic produced by Streptococcus thermophilus SBT1277, and heterologous expression of TepI, a novel immunity peptideT Kabuki
Milk Science Research Institute, Megmilk Snow Brand Co Ltd, Kawagoe, Japan
J Appl Microbiol 110:641-9. 2011To identify genes cluster for thermophilin 1277 produced by Streptococcus thermophilus SBT1277.
- Recombinant production of serine hydroxymethyl transferase from Streptococcus thermophilus and its preliminary evaluation as a biocatalystL Vidal
Unitat de Biocatalisi Aplicada Associada al IIQAB CSIC UAB, Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Escola Tecnica Superior d Enginyeria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, 08193, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 68:489-97. 2005..encoding a serine hydroxymethyl transferase (SHMT) with threonine aldolase activity was isolated from Streptococcus thermophilus YKA-184 chromosomal DNA...
- Pheromone-induced expression of recombinant proteins in Streptococcus thermophilusTrinelise Blomqvist
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, P O Box 5003, 1432, As, Norway
Arch Microbiol 186:465-73. 2006..proteins with high homology to the pneumococcal BlpABCHR quorum-sensing system was identified in Streptococcus thermophilus LMG 18311...
- Plasmid transfer via transduction from Streptococcus thermophilus to Lactococcus lactisAndreas Ammann
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Max Rubner Institut, Federal Research Institute for Nutrition and Food, P O Box 6069, D 24121 Kiel, Germany
J Bacteriol 190:3083-7. 2008Using Streptococcus thermophilus phages, plasmid transduction in Lactococcus lactis was demonstrated. The transduction frequencies were 4 orders of magnitude lower in L. lactis than in S. thermophilus...
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG and Streptococcus thermophilus induce suppressor of cytokine signalling 3 (SOCS3) gene expression directly and indirectly via interleukin-10 in human primary macrophagesS Latvala
Department of Vaccination and Immune Protection, National Institute for Health and Welfare THL, University of Helsinki, Finland
Clin Exp Immunol 165:94-103. 2011..Enhanced IL-10 production and SOCS3 gene expression induced by live non-pathogenic Lactobacillus and Streptococcus is also likely to contribute to their immunoregulatory effects in vivo...
- Phage mutations in response to CRISPR diversification in a bacterial populationChristine L Sun
University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Environ Microbiol 15:463-70. 2013..the processes by which coexisting, co-evolving hosts and phage populations establish, we cultured Streptococcus thermophilus DGCC7710 with phage 2972 and tracked CRISPR (clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats) ..
- Development of a pentaplex PCR assay for the simultaneous detection of Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, L. delbrueckii subsp. lactis, L. helveticus, L. fermentum in whey starter for Grana Padano cheesePaola Cremonesi
Institute of Agricultural Biology and Biotechnology, Italian National Research Council, via Bassini 15, Milan, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 146:207-11. 2011..delbrueckii subsp. lactis, L. delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus, and L. fermentum, was developed...
- Production of glutathione using a bifunctional enzyme encoded by gshF from Streptococcus thermophilus expressed in Escherichia coliWei Li
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai 200237, China
J Biotechnol 154:261-8. 2011..for a novel bifunctional enzyme catalyzing the reaction for glutathione synthesis, gshF, was cloned from Streptococcus thermophilus SIIM B218 and expressed in Escherichia coli JM109...
- Extracellular life cycle of ComS, the competence-stimulating peptide of Streptococcus thermophilusRozenn Gardan
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, Jouy en Josas, France
J Bacteriol 195:1845-55. 2013..In Streptococcus thermophilus, comX transcription is controlled by a complex consisting of a transcriptional regulator of the Rgg ..
- ClpC acts as a negative regulator of competence in Streptococcus thermophilusTruls Johan Biørnstad
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, N 1432 As, Norway
Microbiology 157:1676-84. 2011..present study we show that a different Clp protease complex, ClpCP, contributes to ComX degradation in Streptococcus thermophilus. Mutant strains lacking the ClpC chaperone displayed significantly increased transformability compared ..
- Phage-induced expression of CRISPR-associated proteins is revealed by shotgun proteomics in Streptococcus thermophilusJacque C Young
Graduate School for Genome Science and Technology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38077. 2012..Altogether, these results provide novel insights into the proteomic response of S. thermophilus, specifically CRISPR-associated proteins, upon phage 2972 infection...
- Application of AFLP fingerprint analysis for studying the biodiversity of Streptococcus thermophilusCamilla Lazzi
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia dei Microrganismi, Antropologia, Evoluzione, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Viale Usberti 11 A, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Microbiol Methods 79:48-54. 2009b>Streptococcus thermophilus is a lactic acid bacteria (LAB) widely used in milk fermentation processes as a starter culture. In this work the genetic diversity of S...
- Effect of fermentation by pure and mixed cultures of Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus helveticus on isoflavone and B-vitamin content of a fermented soy beverageClaude P Champagne
Food R and D Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada AAFC, 3600 Casavant, St Hyacinthe, QC J2S8E3, Canada
Food Microbiol 27:968-72. 2010..Pure and mixed cultures of Streptococcus thermophilus ST5 and Lactobacillus helveticus R0052 or Bifidobacterium longum R0175 were used to prepare fermented ..
- Cultivability of Streptococcus thermophilus in Grana Padano cheese whey startersMaria Emanuela Fornasari
Istituto Sperimentale Lattiero Caseario, Lodi, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Lett 257:139-44. 2006..heterogeneity-PCR coupled with epifluorescence microscopy, allowed us to observe that Streptococcus thermophilus is metabolically active, but only partially cultivable in Grana Padano cheese whey starters...
- Novel Streptococcus infantarius subsp. infantarius variants harboring lactose metabolism genes homologous to Streptococcus thermophilusChristoph Jans
Laboratory of Food Biotechnology, Institute of Food, Nutrition and Health, ETH Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 7, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Food Microbiol 31:33-42. 2012..excreted stoichiometric amounts of galactose when grown on lactose, exhibiting a metabolism similar to Streptococcus thermophilus and distinct from their type strain. African S. infantarius subsp...
- Dietary effect of folate-rich fermented milk produced by Streptococcus thermophilus strains on hemoglobin levelRamya Iyer
Dairy Microbiology Division, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, India
Nutrition 27:994-7. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine the dietary effects of folate-rich fermented milk produced by high-folate-producing Streptococcus thermophilus strains (RD 102 and RD 104) on hemoglobin level using a murine model.
- Cloning of milk-derived bioactive peptides in Streptococcus thermophilusJ A Renye
Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, 600 East Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Biotechnol Lett 30:723-30. 2008..These two peptides have now been cloned in Streptococcus thermophilus to develop strains that enhance the functionality and nutritional value of dairy food products...
- Complete genome sequence of the pigmented Streptococcus thermophilus strain JIM8232Christine Delorme
INRA, UMR1319 MICALIS, F 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
J Bacteriol 193:5581-2. 2011b>Streptococcus thermophilus is a dairy species commonly used in the manufacture of cheese and yogurt. Here, we report the complete sequence of S...
- The complete genome sequence of Lactobacillus bulgaricus reveals extensive and ongoing reductive evolutionM van de Guchte
Génétique Microbienne and Mathématique, Informatique et Génome, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9274-9. 2006..The results indicate the adaptation of L. bulgaricus from a plant-associated habitat to the stable protein and lactose-rich milk environment through the loss of superfluous functions and protocooperation with Streptococcus thermophilus.
- The relevance of carbon dioxide metabolism in Streptococcus thermophilusStefania Arioli
Department of Food Science and Microbiology, Milan, Italy
Microbiology 155:1953-65. 2009b>Streptococcus thermophilus is a major component of dairy starter cultures used for the manufacture of yoghurt and cheese. In this study, the CO(2) metabolism of S...
- New insights in the molecular biology and physiology of Streptococcus thermophilus revealed by comparative genomicsPascal Hols
Unité de Génétique, Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 5 Place Croix du Sud, 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
FEMS Microbiol Rev 29:435-63. 2005b>Streptococcus thermophilus is a major dairy starter used for the manufacture of yoghurt and cheese...
- Fast induction of nisin resistance in Streptococcus thermophilus INIA 463 during growth in milkSonia Garde
Departamento de Tecnologia de Alimentos, Instituto Nacional de Investigacion y Tecnologia Agraria y Alimentaria INIA, Carretera de la Coruña Km 7, Madrid 28040, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 96:165-72. 2004b>Streptococcus thermophilus INIA 463 became nisin-resistant after exposure in skim milk to subminimal inhibitory concentrations of nisin (1-3 IU/ml) for less than 2 h. Addition of 20 IU/ml caused a 4 log unit decrease in S...
- Beta-galactosidase production by Streptococcus thermophilus is higher in the small intestine than in the caecum of human-microbiota-associated mice after lactose supplementationDenis D G Mater
Unité d Ecologie et de Physiologie du Système Digestif, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Br J Nutr 96:177-81. 2006Transit kinetics and survival rates of a bacterial species from yoghurt (i.e. Streptococcus thermophilus strain FBI3) were examined in different digestive compartments of gnotoxenic and human-microbiota-associated mice...
- Characterization of tetracycline-resistant Streptococcus thermophilus isolates from Italian soft cheesesLucia Rizzotti
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4224-9. 2009Tetracycline-resistant Streptococcus thermophilus isolates from soft cheeses harbored the genes tet(S), tet(M), and tet(L)...
- High genetic variability of the Streptococcus thermophilus cse central part, a repeat rich region required for full cell segregation activityFrédéric Borges
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie, UMR INRA 1128, IFR 110, Faculté des Sciences et Techniques de l Université Henri Poincaré Nancy 1, BP 239, 54506, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 90:245-55. 2006The cse gene of Streptococcus thermophilus encodes an extracytoplasmic protein involved in cell segregation. The Cse protein consists of two putative domains: a cell wall attachment LysM domain and a catalytic CHAP domain...
- The inhibitory spectrum of thermophilin 9 from Streptococcus thermophilus LMD-9 depends on the production of multiple peptides and the activity of BlpG(St), a thiol-disulfide oxidaseLaetitia Fontaine
Unité de Génétique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 5, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:1102-10. 2008The blp(St) cluster of Streptococcus thermophilus LMD-9 was recently shown to contain all the genetic information required for the production of bacteriocins active against other S. thermophilus strains...
- Therapeutic effect of Streptococcus thermophilus CRL 1190-fermented milk on chronic gastritisCecilia Rodriguez
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos CERELA CONICET, Chacabuco 145, San Miguel de Tucuman, 4000, Tucuman, Argentina
World J Gastroenterol 16:1622-30. 2010To investigate the potential therapeutic effect of exopolysaccharide (EPS)-producing Streptococcus thermophilus (S. thermophilus) CRL 1190 fermented milk on chronic gastritis in Balb/c mice.
- Influence of synbiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus La5, Bifidobacterium lactis Bb 12, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus bulgaricus and oligofructose on gut barrier function and sepsis in critically ill patients: a randomised controlled trPrashant K Jain
Combined Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Surgery, Scarborough General Hospital, Woodlands Drive, Scarborough YO12 6QL, UK
Clin Nutr 23:467-75. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine whether the oral administration of a synbiotic preparation could alter gut barrier function in critically ill patients and thus reduce sepsis...
- Emergence of a cell wall protease in the Streptococcus thermophilus populationChristine Delorme
Laboratoire de Genetique Microbienne, Institut National de Recherches Agronomiques, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:451-60. 2010b>Streptococcus thermophilus is perceived as a recently emerged food bacterium that evolved from a commensal ancestor by loss and gain of functions. Here, we provide data allowing a better understanding of this evolutionary scheme...
- In silico prediction of horizontal gene transfer events in Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus reveals protocooperation in yogurt manufacturingMengjin Liu
FrieslandCampina Research, Deventer, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:4120-9. 2009Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus, used in yogurt starter cultures, are well known for their stability and protocooperation during their coexistence in milk...
- Molecular quantification of lactic acid bacteria in fermented milk products using real-time quantitative PCRJean Pierre Furet
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité de Recherches Laitières et Génétique Appliquée, Domaine de Vilvert, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Int J Food Microbiol 97:197-207. 2004..quantitative PCR assays were developed for the absolute quantification of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) (Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii, L. casei, L. paracasei, L. rhamnosus, L. acidophilus and L...
- Characterization of oxidative stress-resistant mutants of Streptococcus thermophilus CNRZ368Annabelle Fernandez
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie, UMR INRA 1128, Faculté des Sciences de l Université Henri Poincaré Nancy 1, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Arch Microbiol 182:364-72. 2004During industrial processes, the dairy organism Streptococcus thermophilus is exposed to stress conditions...
- Immunomodulatory effects of polysaccharides produced by Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1S Makino
Food Science Institute, Meiji Dairies Corp, 540 Naruda, Odawara, Kanagawa 250 0862, Japan
J Dairy Sci 89:2873-81. 2006..Oral administration of yogurt fermented with L. bulgaricus OLL1073R-1 and Streptococcus thermophilus OLS3059 to mice showed a similar level of immunomodulation as H-APS...
- Conjugative transfer of the integrative conjugative elements ICESt1 and ICESt3 from Streptococcus thermophilusXavier Bellanger
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie UMR INRA UHP 1128, IFR110, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Nancy Universite, BP 239, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Bacteriol 191:2764-75. 2009..The current investigation shows the intraspecies conjugative transfer of the first described ICEs in Streptococcus thermophilus, ICESt1 and ICESt3...
- Diversity of Streptococcus thermophilus phages in a large-production cheese factory in ArgentinaA Quiberoni
Instituto de Lactología Industrial, Facultad de Ingenieria Quimica, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Santiago del Estero 2829, 3000 Santa Fe, Argentina
J Dairy Sci 89:3791-9. 2006Phage infections still represent a serious risk to the dairy industry, in which Streptococcus thermophilus is used in starter cultures for the manufacture of yogurt and cheese...
- Natural genetic transformation: A novel tool for efficient genetic engineering of the dairy bacterium Streptococcus thermophilusTrinelise Blomqvist
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, PO Box 5003, 1432 As, Norway
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:6751-6. 2006b>Streptococcus thermophilus is widely used for the manufacture of yoghurt and Swiss or Italian-type cheeses. These products have a market value of approximately 40 billion dollars per year, making S...
- A novel pheromone quorum-sensing system controls the development of natural competence in Streptococcus thermophilus and Streptococcus salivariusLaetitia Fontaine
Unité de Génétique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 5, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Bacteriol 192:1444-54. 2010..In Streptococcus thermophilus, a species belonging to the salivarius group, the oligopeptide transporter Ami is essential for comX ..
- Streptococcus thermophilus core genome: comparative genome hybridization study of 47 strainsThomas Bovbjerg Rasmussen
Department of Physiology, Cultures and Enzymes Division, Chr Hansen A S, Bøge Allé 10 12, DK 2970 Hørsholm, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:4703-10. 2008A DNA microarray platform based on 2,200 genes from publicly available sequences was designed for Streptococcus thermophilus. We determined how single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the 65- to 75-mer oligonucleotide probe sequences affect ..
- The CHAP domain of Cse functions as an endopeptidase that acts at mature septa to promote Streptococcus thermophilus cell separationSeverine Layec
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie, UMR INRA UHP 1128, IFR 110, Nancy Universite, BP 239, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Mol Microbiol 71:1205-17. 2009..In Streptococcus thermophilus, this step is performed by the Cse protein whose depletion resulted in the formation of extremely long ..
- Prevention of chronic gastritis by fermented milks made with exopolysaccharide-producing Streptococcus thermophilus strainsC Rodriguez
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos CONICET, Chacabuco 145, San Miguel de Tucuman, 4000 Tucuman, Argentina
J Dairy Sci 92:2423-34. 2009..This study investigated the potential preventive effect of fermented milks (FM) with EPS-producing Streptococcus thermophilus strains (CRL 1190 and CRL 804) on an in vivo model of chronic gastritis...
- Physiology of Streptococcus thermophilus during the late stage of milk fermentation with special regard to sulfur amino-acid metabolismLuciana Herve-Jimenez
INRA, UR477 Biochimie Bacterienne, Jouy en Josas, France
Proteomics 8:4273-86. 2008b>Streptococcus thermophilus is a thermophilic lactic acid bacterium widely used as starter in the manufacture of dairy products in particular in yoghurt manufacture in combination with Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus...
- Complete genome sequence of Streptococcus thermophilus strain ND03Zhihong Sun
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, School of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, 800 Lihu Avenue, Wuxi 1214122, China
J Bacteriol 193:793-4. 2011b>Streptococcus thermophilus strain ND03 is a Chinese commercial dairy starter used for the manufacture of yogurt. It was isolated from naturally fermented yak milk in Qinghai, China...
- The ltp gene of temperate Streptococcus thermophilus phage TP-J34 confers superinfection exclusion to Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactococcus lactisXingmin Sun
Institute for Microbiology, Federal Research Center for Nutrition and Food, PO Box 6069, D 24121 Kiel, Germany
Virology 350:146-57. 2006The ltp gene, located within the lysogeny module of temperate Streptococcus thermophilus phage TP-J34, has been shown to be expressed in lysogenic strain S. thermophilus J34...
- Detection and characterization of Streptococcus thermophilus bacteriophages by use of the antireceptor gene sequenceAna G Binetti
Instituto de Productos Lácteos de Asturias CSIC, Apdo de Correos 85, 33300 Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:6096-103. 2005In the dairy industry, the characterization of Streptococcus thermophilus phage types is very important for the selection and use of efficient starter cultures...
- Mixed-culture transcriptome analysis reveals the molecular basis of mixed-culture growth in Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricusSander Sieuwerts
Top Institute Food and Nutrition, P O Box 557, 6700 AN Wageningen, Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:7775-84. 2010..Yogurt fermentation by Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus bulgaricus (basonym, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp...
- Structural analysis of the exopolysaccharide produced by Streptococcus thermophilus ST1 solely by NMR spectroscopyElin Säwén
Department of Organic Chemistry, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
J Biomol NMR 47:125-34. 2010..The molecular mass of the polymer was determined using translational diffusion experiments which resulted in Mw = 62 kDa, corresponding to 64 repeating units in the EPS...
- Effect of inactivation of stress response regulators on the growth and survival of Streptococcus thermophilus Sfi39Teresa Zotta
Dipartimento di Biologia, Difesa e Biotecnologie Agro Forestali, Universita degli Studi della Basilicata, Viale dell Ateneo Lucano 10, 85100 Potenza, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 129:211-20. 2009b>Streptococcus thermophilus is an important dairy starter used for the manufacture of fermented milks and cheeses...
- Regulation of excision of integrative and potentially conjugative elements from Streptococcus thermophilus: role of the arp1 repressorXavier Bellanger
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie UMR 1128, INRA, IFR110, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Nancy Universite, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 14:16-21. 2008..Thus, all together, these results suggest that the autocleavage of the arp1 repressor is involved in derepression of the S. thermophilus putative ICE excision by mitomycin C...
- Detection and quantification of capsular exopolysaccharides from Streptococcus thermophilus using lectin probesG Robitaille
Food Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada, J2S 8E3
J Dairy Sci 89:4156-62. 2006..reliable method to determine the relative abundance of capsular polysaccharides (CPS) at the surface of Streptococcus thermophilus MR-1C cells...
- Inhibition of bacteriophage replication in Streptococcus thermophilus by subunit poisoning of primaseJoseph M Sturino
Genomic Sciences Program, Department of Food Science, Southeast Dairy Foods Research Center, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7624, USA
Microbiology 153:3295-302. 2007..a primase consensus sequence were targeted by site-specific mutations within the putative primase of Streptococcus thermophilus phage kappa3...
- Control of EpsE, the phosphoglycosyltransferase initiating exopolysaccharide synthesis in Streptococcus thermophilus, by EpsD tyrosine kinaseZoran Minic
Génétique Microbienne, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
J Bacteriol 189:1351-7. 2007We studied the roles of Streptococcus thermophilus phosphogalactosyltransferase (EpsE) (the priming enzyme), tyrosine kinase (EpsD), phosphatase (EpsB), and a membrane-associated protein with no known biochemical function (EpsC) in ..
- Role of galK and galM in galactose metabolism by Streptococcus thermophilusKaty Vaillancourt
Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:1264-7. 2008b>Streptococcus thermophilus is unable to metabolize the galactose moiety of lactose. In this paper, we show that a transformant of S...
- Aspartate biosynthesis is essential for the growth of Streptococcus thermophilus in milk, and aspartate availability modulates the level of urease activityStefania Arioli
Department of Food Science and Microbiology, University of Milan, Via Celoria 2, 20133 Milano, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5789-96. 2007We investigated the carbon dioxide metabolism of Streptococcus thermophilus, evaluating the phenotype of a phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase-negative mutant obtained by replacement of a functional ppc gene with a deleted and inactive ..
- Studies on bacteriocin (thermophilin T) production by Streptococcus thermophilus ACA-DC 0040 in batch and fed-batch fermentation modesAnastasios Aktypis
Laboratory of Dairy Research, Department of Food Science and Technology, Agricultural University of Athens, Iera Odos 75, Athens 11855, Greece
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 92:207-20. 2007Growth conditions that support bacteriocin (thermophilin T) production by Streptococcus thermophilus ACA-DC 0040 were identified...
- A widespread picture of the Streptococcus thermophilus proteome by cell lysate fractionation and gel-based/gel-free approachesAnna Maria Salzano
Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Istituto per il Sistema Produzione Animale in Ambiente Mediterraneo, National Research Council, Naples, Italy
Proteomics 7:1420-33. 2007Among the group of lactic acid bacteria, Streptococcus thermophilus has found a wide application in industrial processes used for the manufacture of dairy products...
- Molecular analysis of yogurt containing Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus in human intestinal microbiotaRaimundo García-Albiach
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramón y Cajal and CIBER en Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Madrid, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 87:91-6. 2008..bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus to survive and proliferate in the human intestine and have found contradictory results.
- The doubly phosphorylated form of HPr, HPr(Ser~P)(His-P), is abundant in exponentially growing cells of Streptococcus thermophilus and phosphorylates the lactose transporter LacS as efficiently as HPr(His~P)Armelle Cochu
Groupe de Recherche en Ecologie Buccale, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, and Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada, G1K 7P4
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:1364-72. 2005In Streptococcus thermophilus, lactose is taken up by LacS, a transporter that comprises a membrane translocator domain and a hydrophilic regulatory domain homologous to the IIA proteins and protein domains of the phosphoenolpyruvate:..
- Urease biogenesis in Streptococcus thermophilusDiego Mora
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 2, 20133 Milan, Italy
Res Microbiol 156:897-903. 2005Urease biogenesis was monitored in the lactic acid bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus during the growth cycle using in-gel detection and a phenol-hypochloride assay...
- Genome-scale model of Streptococcus thermophilus LMG18311 for metabolic comparison of lactic acid bacteriaMargreet I Pastink
Top Institute Food and Nutrition, Nieuwe Kanaal, PA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3627-33. 2009In this report, we describe the amino acid metabolism and amino acid dependency of the dairy bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus LMG18311 and compare them with those of two other characterized lactic acid bacteria, Lactococcus lactis and ..
- Complete sequence and comparative genome analysis of the dairy bacterium Streptococcus thermophilusAlexander Bolotin
Génétique Microbienne Centre de Recherche de Jouy en Josas, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Nat Biotechnol 22:1554-8. 2004The lactic acid bacterium Streptococcus thermophilus is widely used for the manufacture of yogurt and cheese...
- A study of Streptococcus thermophilus proteome by integrated analytical procedures and differential expression investigationsSimona Arena
Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, I S P A A M, National Research Council, Via Argine 1085, 80147 Naples, Italy
Proteomics 6:181-92. 2006b>Streptococcus thermophilus is a Gram-positive bacterium belonging to the group of lactic acid bacteria, among which several genera play an essential role in manufacture of food products...
- Glutamine synthesis is essential for growth of Streptococcus thermophilus in milk and is linked to urea catabolismChristophe Monnet
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3376-8. 2005Growth of a glutamine synthetase-deficient mutant of Streptococcus thermophilus was compared to that of the parent strain in milk that was not supplemented or was supplemented with ammonium chloride, glutamine, or the urease inhibitor ..
- Proteome analysis of Streptococcus thermophilus grown in milk reveals pyruvate formate-lyase as the major upregulated proteinSylviane Derzelle
Unité Biologie des Bactéries Pathogénes à Gram Positif, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8597-605. 2005We investigated the adaptation to milk of Streptococcus thermophilus LMG18311 using a proteomic approach. Two-dimensional electrophoresis of cytosolic proteins were performed after growth in M17 medium or in milk...
- The activity of the lactose transporter from Streptococcus thermophilus is increased by phosphorylated IIA and the action of beta-galactosidaseEric R Geertsma
Department of Biochemistry, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG, Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 44:15889-97. 2005The metabolism of lactose by Streptococcus thermophilus is highly regulated, allowing the bacterium to prefer lactose over glucose as main source of carbon and energy...
- Safety assessment of dairy microorganisms: Streptococcus thermophilusChristine Delorme
Laboratoire de Genetique Microbienne, INRA de Jouy en Josas, France
Int J Food Microbiol 126:274-7. 2008b>Streptococcus thermophilus is a major dairy starter used in yogurt and cheese production. In Streptococcus genus, S. thermophilus is the only one food species among commensal and opportunistic pathogen species...
- Metabolically improved exopolysaccharide production by Streptococcus thermophilus and its influence on the rheological properties of fermented milkMalin Svensson
Applied Microbiology, Lund Institute of Technology, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:6398-400. 2005Altered levels of enzymes in the central carbon metabolism in Streptococcus thermophilus increased the exopolysaccharide (EPS) production 3.3 times over that of the parent strain...
- Quorum-sensing regulation of the production of Blp bacteriocins in Streptococcus thermophilusLaetitia Fontaine
Unité de Génétique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud 5, B 1348, Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Bacteriol 189:7195-205. 2007The blp gene cluster identified in the genome sequences of Streptococcus thermophilus (blp(St)) LMG18311, CNRZ1066, and LMD-9 displays all the characteristics of a class II bacteriocin locus...
- Effects of long-term consumption of a fermented infant formula (with Bifidobacterium breve c50 and Streptococcus thermophilus 065) on acute diarrhea in healthy infantsH Thibault
Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:147-52. 2004..To determine whether long-term consumption of a fermented infant formula could influence the incidence of acute diarrhea and its severity in healthy infants...
- Use of human lysozyme transgenic goat milk in cheese making: effects on lactic acid bacteria performanceE C Scharfen
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:4084-91. 2007..These results indicate that lysozyme transgenic goat milk is not detrimental to LAB growth during the cheese-making process...
- Efficient method for generation of bacteriophage insensitive mutants of Streptococcus thermophilus yoghurt and mozzarella strainsS Mills
Teagasc, Moorepark Food Research Centre, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
J Microbiol Methods 70:159-64. 2007Bacteriophage infection of Streptococcus thermophilus is becoming increasingly problematic in many industry fermentations such as yoghurt and mozzarella manufacture...
- [Beneficial effects of consumption of a dairy product containing two probiotic strains, Lactobacillus coryniformis CECT5711 and Lactobacillus gasseri CECT5714 in healthy children]F Lara-Villoslada
Departamento de Inmunología y Estudios preclinicos, Puleva Biotech, Granada, Espana
Nutr Hosp 22:496-502. 2007....
- The effect of daily consumption of probiotic and conventional yoghurt on oxidant and anti-oxidant parameters in plasma of young healthy womenElisabeth Fabian
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Vienna, Austria
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 77:79-88. 2007..Therefore, the results indicate a possible influence of both probiotic and conventional yoghurt on the plasma levels of antioxidant and oxidant parameters...
- Fate and effects of Camembert cheese micro-organisms in the human colonic microbiota of healthy volunteers after regular Camembert consumptionOlivier Firmesse
Unité d Ecologie et Physiologie du Système Digestif, INRA, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Int J Food Microbiol 125:176-81. 2008..1 Log(10) CFU/g in stools. Except a decreasing trend of the nitrate reductase activity, no significant modification was shown in the metabolic activities during this study...
- Identification and characterization of starter lactic acid bacteria and probiotics from Columbian dairy productsM Perea Vélez
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics CMPG, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Appl Microbiol 103:666-74. 2007....
- Selection and use of autochthonous multiple strain cultures for the manufacture of high-moisture traditional Mozzarella cheeseMaria de Angelis
Dipartimento di Protezione delle Piante e Microbiologia Applicata, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Bari 70126, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 125:123-32. 2008Lactobacillus plantarum 18A, Lactobacillus helveticus 2B, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis 20F, Streptococcus thermophilus 22C, Enterococcus faecalis 32C and Enterococcus durans 16E were the most acidifying strains within 146 ..
- NOVEL INHIBITOR OF CRYSTAL ADHESION TO RENAL CELLSJOHN LIESKE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Achieving these specific aims will provide new knowledge about mechanisms that mediate stone formation, and provide a rational basis for design of novel strategies to treat and/or prevent this disease. ..
- Molecular Mechanism of Adaptation in Crispr SystemsYunzhou Wei; Fiscal Year: 2013..the equally important but under-studied process in CRISPR-Cas systems, focusing on the CRISPR system1 of Streptococcus thermophilus. With a novel reporter system, I aim to identify both trans-acting factors such as specific Cas proteins,..
- Delineation of CRISPR-Cas invader defense pathways in Streptococcus thermophilusREBECCA TERNS; Fiscal Year: 2013..we aim to obtain a molecular understanding of the CRISPR-Cas defense pathways that function in Streptococcus thermophilus. We will identify the essential cellular machinery (proteins and RNAs) and molecular mechanisms involved ..
- Commensals and Probiotics: Role in Intestinal PhysiologySilvia Resta Lenert; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- POPULATION BIOLOGY OF BACTERIAL VIRUSES AND PLASMIDSBruce Levin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- POPULATION GENETICS & EVOLUTION OF ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCEBruce Levin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Use of symbiotics to reduce urinary oxalate excretionJOHN LIESKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..If results are positive, treatment for calcium oxalate kidney stones could be revolutionized. ..
- Role of Nanobacteria in Human Calcifying DiseaseJOHN LIESKE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Oxalate-Induced Renal Scarring and Crystal RetentionJOHN LIESKE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Luis Juncos has extensive experience studying the regulation of renal blood flow in vivo, and will be critical in our efforts to develop the constant infusion model of hyperoxalemia and hyperoxaluria. ..
- DIETARY LIPIDS AND EXPERIMENTAL IGA NEPHROPATHYJames Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- ENDOTOXIN AND SUSCEPTIBILITY TO TRICHOTHECENE MYCOTOXINSJames Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2002..Over the long term, this research will provide insight into adverse immunologic consequences that may occur in LPS-exposed individuals who are exposed to environmental toxicants." ..
- Nephrolithiasis and Chronic Kidney DiseaseJOHN LIESKE; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will gain additional urgency if in fact we demonstrate that NL is a significant risk factor for CKD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..