Genomes and Genes
haemophilus influenzae type b
Summary: A type of H. influenzae isolated most frequently from biotype I. Prior to vaccine availability, it was a leading cause of childhood meningitis.
Publications229 found, 100 shown here
- Global status of Haemophilus influenzae type b and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines: evidence, policies, and introductionsOrin S Levine
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, International Vaccine Access Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Curr Opin Infect Dis 23:236-41. 2010The leading causes of bacterial meningitis and pneumonia in children, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and Streptococcus pneumoniae, are vaccine preventable...
- The effect of Haemophilus influenzae type b and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines on childhood pneumonia incidence, severe morbidity and mortalityEvropi Theodoratou
Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Epidemiol 39:i172-85. 2010..of existing interventions, we conducted a systematic review of the literature assessing the effect of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and pneumococcal (PC) conjugate vaccines on incidence, severe morbidity and mortality from ..
- Hydrogen peroxide scavenging is not a virulence determinant in the pathogenesis of Haemophilus influenzae type b strain EaganBjorn Vergauwen
Laboratory of Protein Biochemistry and Protein Engineering, Ghent University, K L Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000 Gent, Belgium
BMC Microbiol 6:3. 2006..However, Haemophilus influenzae type b strain Eagan (Hib), a causative agent of bacterial sepsis and meningitis in young children, disrupted ..
- Transplacental transport of IgG antibodies specific for pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus, haemophilus influenzae type b, and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C is lower in preterm compared with term infantsJolice P van den Berg
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Neonatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:801-5. 2010....
- Incidence of bacterial meningitis in Asia using enhanced CSF testing: polymerase chain reaction, latex agglutination and cultureW A Kennedy
Department of Paediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine and the Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, USA
Epidemiol Infect 135:1217-26. 2007..latex agglutination (LA) and polymerase chain reaction-enzyme immunoassay (PCR-EIA) testing for Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and Streptococcus pneumoniae (Sp)...
- Concentration and avidity of anti-Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) antibodies in serum samples obtained from patients for whom Hib vaccination failedMijke A Breukels
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center, 3584 EA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 34:191-7. 2002b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccines are extremely effective in protecting infants and children from invasive Hib infections; however, vaccine failures do occur...
- The influence of maternal immunization on light chain response to Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccineMoon H Nahm
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Vaccine 21:3393-7. 2003The repertoire of human antibodies to Haemophilus influenzae type b polysaccharide (Hib PS) has been extensively characterized. In response to Hib PS vaccines, both IgG1 and IgG2 antibodies are produced...
- Supraglottitis in the era following widespread immunization against Haemophilus influenzae type B: evolving principles in diagnosis and managementElizabeth Guardiani
Georgetown University Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Washington, DC, USA
Laryngoscope 120:2183-8. 2010To review the demographics, presentation, interventions, and outcomes of acute supraglottitis in the post-Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) vaccination era and make updated recommendations for treatment.
- Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccines: considerations for vaccination schedules and implications for developing countriesSean P Fitzwater
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Vaccin 6:810-8. 2010Prior to widespread vaccination, Haemophilus influenzae type b was a leading cause of severe childhood bacterial infection, including meningitis, worldwide...
- Understanding the impact of Hib conjugate vaccine on transmission, immunity and disease in the United KingdomJ McVernon
Population Biology of Infectious Disease Group, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, UK
Epidemiol Infect 136:800-12. 2008A rise in invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) infections occurred 8 years after vaccine introduction in the United Kingdom. Aspects of Hib vaccine delivery unique to the United Kingdom have been implicated...
- Immunologic memory in Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine failureJ McVernon
Oxford Vaccine Group, University of Oxford Department of Paediatrics, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:379-83. 2003To compare the convalescent antibody response to invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease between conjugate vaccine immunised and unimmunised children, to look for evidence of priming for immunologic memory.
- Introduction of Haemophilus influenzae type B conjugate vaccine into routine immunization in Ghana and its impact on bacterial meningitis in children younger than five yearsLorna Awo Renner
Department of Child Health, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:356-8. 2007This report shows the impact of a pentavalent vaccine that includes Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine on bacterial meningitis in children younger than 5 years in Ghana...
- Cost-benefit analysis of haemophilus influenzae type B immunization in KoreaSangjin Shin
Department of Health Care Management and Policy, Seoul National University, School of Public Health, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:176-84. 2008An economic evaluation of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) immunization was conducted to examine whether Hib immunization should be included in Korea's national immunization program...
- Accelerating policy decisions to adopt haemophilus influenzae type B vaccine: a global, multivariable analysisJessica C Shearer
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
PLoS Med 7:e1000249. 2010..Using the case of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine, this paper endeavors to explain these delays through the analysis of country-level ..
- Antibody avidity as a surrogate marker of successful priming by Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccines following infant immunizationD Goldblatt
Institute of Child Health, and Immunisation Division, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, London, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 177:1112-5. 1998..of relatively high-avidity antibody; thus, a solid-phase ELISA was adapted for the measurement of anti-Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) IgG avidity...
- Worldwide Haemophilus influenzae type b disease at the beginning of the 21st century: global analysis of the disease burden 25 years after the use of the polysaccharide vaccine and a decade after the advent of conjugatesH Peltola
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Microbiol Rev 13:302-17. 2000Vaccination against Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) diseases began a quarter of a century ago with a polysaccharide vaccine; this vaccine was followed by four different conjugates 10 years later...
- Non-type b Haemophilus influenzae disease: clinical and epidemiologic characteristics in the Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine eraP T Heath
Oxford Vaccine Group, UK
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:300-5. 2001BACKGROUND: As a result of the decline in Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease caused by the widespread use of conjugate vaccines, non-type b H. influenzae will become a more important cause of H. influenzae (Hi) disease...
- Characterization of encapsulated and noncapsulated Haemophilus influenzae and determination of phylogenetic relationships by multilocus sequence typingEmma Meats
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 41:1623-36. 2003..The H. influenzae MLST scheme is available at www.mlst.net, it allows any isolate to be compared with those in the MLST database, and (for encapsulated isolates) it assigns isolates to their phylogenetic lineage, via the Internet...
- A novel combined Haemophilus influenzae type b-Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus-toxoid conjugate vaccine is immunogenic and induces immune memory when co-administered with DTPa-HBV-IPV and conjugate pneumococcal vaccines in infantsTerry Nolan
Murdoch Children s Research Institute and School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Vaccine 25:8487-99. 2007Immunogenicity and safety of a novel combined Haemophilus influenzae type b-Neisseria meningitidis serogroups C and Y-tetanus-toxoid conjugate vaccine (Hib-MenCY-TT) candidate was evaluated when co-administered with DTPa-HBV-IPV(Pediarix)..
- Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in HIV-infected children: a review of the disease epidemiology and effectiveness of Hib conjugate vaccinesPunam Mangtani
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
Vaccine 28:1677-83. 2010..However, HIV-infected children have an almost 6-fold higher risk of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) invasive disease than HIV-uninfected children and HibCV effectiveness is lower in this ..
- Rapid assessment tool for Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in developing countriesDaniel R Feikin
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1270-6. 2004b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) still causes a substantial number of deaths among children in developing countries, despite the availability of effective conjugate vaccines...
- Childhood bacterial meningitis in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 2002-2004Jamsran Mendsaikhan
World Health Organization, Mongolia Office, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Clin Infect Dis 48:S141-6. 2009..Few data on childhood bacterial meningitis in Northeast and Central Asia exist. Our aim was to determine the incidence and etiology of childhood bacterial meningitis in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia...
- Invasive disease due to Haemophilus influenzae serotype b ten years after routine vaccination, South Africa, 2003-2009Anne Von Gottberg
National Institute for Communicable Diseases NICD of the National Health Laboratory Service NHLS, Johannesburg, South Africa
Vaccine 30:565-71. 2012..Following initial declines in Hib disease, national surveillance has identified increasing numbers of Hib disease episodes in fully vaccinated children...
- Evaluation of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for diagnosing Haemophilus influenzae b meningitisSunit C Singhi
Department of Pediatrics, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Ann Trop Paediatr 22:347-53. 2002..We conclude that PCR is a sensitive and specific diagnostic tool that may be valuable in a population with high pre-hospital antibiotic usage...
- Response of MUTZ-3 dendritic cells to the different components of the Haemophilus influenzae type B conjugate vaccine: towards an in vitro assay for vaccine immunogenicityMarcel H N Hoefnagel
Centre for Biological Medicines and Medical Technology, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, PO Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Vaccine 29:5114-21. 2011..b>Haemophilus influenzae type B (HiB) vaccine was chosen because its components exert different effects in vivo: while the HiB antigen,..
- Community effect of Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccination in IndiaValsan Philip Verghese
Department of Child Health, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:738-40. 2009We assessed the effect of distribution of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine in the private health care sector on Hib meningitis admissions at a referral hospital in India. The annual mean number of Hib cases was 10...
- Immunogenicity, reactogenicity and safety of three-dose primary and booster vaccination with combined diphtheria-tetanus-whole-cell pertussis-hepatitis B-reduced antigen content Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine in Filipino childrenSalvacion R Gatchalian
Research Institute for Tropical Medicine, DOH Compound, Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Philippines
Hum Vaccin 6:664-72. 2010..To evaluate the immunogenicity, reactogenicity and safety of primary and booster vaccination with DTPw-HBVLT/Hib2.5 vaccine containing low thiomersal and reduced quantities of Hib polysaccharide (PRP)...
- Characterization of antibodies to capsular polysaccharide antigens of Haemophilus influenzae type b and Streptococcus pneumoniae in human immune globulin intravenous preparationsMalgorzata G Mikolajczyk
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Office of Blood Research and Review, Division of Hematology, Laboratory of Plasma Derivatives, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:1158-64. 2004..infections in primary immune deficiency disease (PIDD) patients involve encapsulated bacteria, mainly Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) and Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumococcus)...
- Prevalence of oropharyngeal colonization by Haemophilus influenzae type b in Iranian childrenA Karimi
Department of Paediatric Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
East Mediterr Health J 15:544-8. 2009Healthy carriers of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) play an important role in the spread of invasive disease...
- Analysis of invasive Haemophilus influenzae infections after extensive vaccination against H. influenzae type bJose Campos
Instituto de Salud Carlos III División de Fármaco Vigilancia, Agencia Española del Medicamento, Ministry of Health, Majadahonda Instituto de Salud Pública, Consejeria de Sanidad, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 42:524-9. 2004..In the post-Hib vaccination era, most invasive infections were due to noncapsulated strains and occurred in the extreme ages of life in patients with predisposing conditions...
- Kinetics of antibody persistence following administration of a combination meningococcal serogroup C and haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine in healthy infants in the United Kingdom primed with a monovalent meningococcal serogroup C vaccineRay Borrow
Vaccine Evaluation Unit, Health Protection Agency, Manchester Medical Microbiology Partnership, P O Box 209, Clinical Sciences Building 2, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WZ, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:154-9. 2010..of antibody persistence following the administration of a combination meningococcal serogroup C and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine (Menitorix) in the second year of life in children primed with two doses of ..
- Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae type B Carriage, Central AsiaStephanie H Factor
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1476-9. 2005..Approximately 6% of children carried Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)...
- Accelerating introduction of new vaccines: barriers to introduction and lessons learned from the recent Haemophilus influenzae type B vaccine experienceRana Hajjeh
Division of Bacterial Diseases, NCIRD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS C 25, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 366:2827-32. 2011..Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) supported efforts to accelerate the introduction of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccines in developing countries, which resulted in a significant surge in vaccine adoption by ..
- Modeling insights into Haemophilus influenzae type b disease, transmission, and vaccine programsMichael L Jackson
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 18:13-20. 2012In response to the 2007-2009 Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine shortage in the United States, we developed a flexible model of Hib transmission and disease for optimizing Hib vaccine programs in diverse populations and ..
- Prevalence of Haemophilus influenzae type b genetic islands among clinical and commensal H. influenzae and H. haemolyticus isolatesSara A Sandstedt
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:2565-8. 2010Five genetic islands (HiGI) found in Haemophilus influenzae type b strain Eagan were used as hybridization probes on type b, Haemophilus haemolyticus, and nontypeable H. influenzae (NTHi) isolates...
- Reduction in osteomyelitis and septic arthritis related to Haemophilus influenzae type B vaccinationA W Howard
Division of Orthopaedics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, and University of Ottawa, Canada
J Pediatr Orthop 19:705-9. 1999..cohort study compares organisms responsible for septic arthritis and osteomyelitis before and after Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccination...
- Immune response to Haemophilus influenzae type B vaccination in renal transplant recipients with well-functioning allograftsM S Sever
Department of Nephrology, Istanbul School of Medicine, Millet Caddesi, Capa, Istanbul
Nephron 81:55-9. 1999..On the other hand, posttranplant immunosuppression may impair immune responses and thus the efficacy of the vaccination...
- Long term enhancement of the IgG2 antibody response to Haemophilus influenzae type b by breast-feedingSven Arne Silfverdal
Department of Pediatric, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:816-21. 2002..Duration and mode of breast-feeding were monitored. Titers of IgG1, IgG2, IgA and IgM antibodies against Hib capsular polysaccharide were determined in sera taken during the acute illness and during early and late convalescence...
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification assay for detection of Haemophilus influenzae type b in cerebrospinal fluidDong Wook Kim
Molecular Bacteriology Laboratory, International Vaccine Institute, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Clin Microbiol 49:3621-6. 2011b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) is one of the leading causes of meningitis in developing countries...
- Combined Haemophilus influenzae type b and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C (HibMenC) or serogroup C and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate (and HibMenCY) vaccines are well-tolerated and immunogenic when administered according to the 2,3,4 months schedule with Pirmin Habermehl
Children s Hospital, University of Mainz, Germany
Hum Vaccin 6:640-51. 2010..study 792014 and 100381;www.clinicaltrial.govID:NCT00129116)..
- Immunogenicity and safety of a pentavalent diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis, inactivated poliovirus, Haemophilus influenzae type B conjugate combination vaccine (Pentaxim) with hepatitis B vaccineA K Dutta
Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals, New Delhi, India
Indian Pediatr 46:975-82. 2009..To obtain immunogenicity and safety data for a pentavalent combination vaccine (diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis, inactivated poliovirus, Hib polysaccharide-conjugate)...
- Ongoing control of Haemophilus influenzae type B infections in Canadian children, 2004-2007David W Scheifele
Division of Pediatric Infectious and Immunologic Diseases, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:755-7. 2008The uniform use in Canada of a single Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine in combination with diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis, and inactivated poliovirus vaccines (DTaP...
- Position-based scanning for comparative genomics and identification of genetic islands in Haemophilus influenzae type bNicholas H Bergman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0620, USA
Infect Immun 71:1098-108. 2003....
- Incidence of childhood Haemophilus influenzae type b meningitis in Sri LankaRanjith Batuwanthudawe
Epidemiology Unit, Ministry of Health, No 231, De Saram Place, Colombo 10, Sri Lanka
Int J Infect Dis 14:e372-6. 2010To demonstrate the burden of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease in Sri Lanka and provide information for decision-making in public health planning and vaccine introduction.
- Haemophilus influenzae type b immunization in infants in the United Kingdom: effects of diphtheria/tetanus/acellular pertussis/Hib combination vaccine, significant prematurity, and a fourth doseJanet E Berrington
Department of Neonatology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Pediatrics 117:e717-24. 2006..UK infants to explore the effects of (1) immunization with an acellular diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis/Haemophilus influenzae type b (DTPHib) combination vaccine, (2) significant preterm delivery, and (3) a fourth dose of conjugated ..
- Antibody to Haemophilus influenzae type b after routine and catch-up vaccinationC L Trotter
Immunisation Division, Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, NW9 5EQ, London, UK
Lancet 361:1523-4. 2003Since 1999, the number of cases of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease in the UK has risen. We investigated the role of population immunity in this change by testing more than 2600 serum samples from children aged 1-15 years...
- Haemophilus influenzae type b carriage in Indigenous children and children attending childcare centers in the Northern Territory, Australia, spanning pre- and post-vaccine erasSusan P Jacups
Child Health Division, Menzies School of Health Research, Charles Darwin University, Darwin, Australia
Vaccine 29:3083-8. 2011This paper investigates Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) carriage in Indigenous children and children attending childcare centres in the Northern Territory of Australia, 1992-2005...
- Invasive disease due to Haemophilus influenzae type b during the first six years of general vaccination of Swedish childrenO Garpenholt
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Orebro Medical Centre Hospital, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 89:471-4. 2000Since 1992-93 vaccination against Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) has been included in the general Swedish childhood vaccination programme...
- Impact of non-routine vaccination on the incidence of invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease: experience in the autonomous region of Valencia, SpainJ Diez-Domingo
Research Unit Trinitat, Vaccine Institute of Valencia, Spain
J Infect 42:257-60. 2001..This study assessed the impact of non-routine vaccination against invasive Haemophilus influenzae (Hib)disease before the introduction of universal childhood Hib vaccination...
- Clinical and immunological risk factors associated with Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine failure in childhoodP T Heath
Oxford Vaccine Group, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 31:973-80. 2000b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccines have proved extremely efficacious in healthy children. True Hib vaccine failures are rare...
- Haemophilus influenzae type b infection, vaccination, and H. influenzae carriage in children in Minnesota, 2008-2009S A Lowther
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Sciences, Scientific Education and Professional Development Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Epidemiol Infect 140:566-74. 2012An increase in invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) cases occurred in Minnesota in 2008 after the recommended deferral of the 12-15 months Hib vaccine boosters during a US vaccine shortage...
- Bacterial meningitis and Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine, MalawiDavid W McCormick
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:688-90. 2011A retrospective database review showed that Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine decreased the annual number of cases of H. influenzae type b meningitis in children in Blantyre, Malawi...
- NTAGI subcommittee recommendations on Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) vaccine introduction in IndiaLalit Kant
Subcommittee on Introduction of Hib Vaccine in Universal Immunization Program, National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization, India
Indian Pediatr 46:945-54. 2009BACKGROUND: WHO estimates that Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) caused over 8 million cases of serious disease and 376,000 deaths globally in the year 2000...
- The beneficial impact of Hib vaccine on disease rates in New Zealand childrenNick Wilson
N Z Med J 115:U122. 2002To examine the impact of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine on the burden of Haemophilus influenzae (Hi) disease in New Zealand children aged under five years (under-5s).
- The role of licA phase variation in the pathogenesis of invasive disease by Haemophilus influenzae type bHolly E Humphries
University of Manchester, School of Biological Science, 1 800 Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 34:221-30. 2002..The ability to switch off the expression of licA through phase variation is therefore concluded to enhance the systemic survival of H. influenzae...
- Seroprotection associated with infant vitamin A supplementation given with vaccines is not related to antibody affinity to Hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccinesSam Newton
Kintampo Health Research Centre, Ghana
Vaccine 28:4738-41. 2010..of a pentavalent vaccine in 888 infants, antibody affinity analyses of the hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenzae type b components were investigated in infants given 15mg RE vitamin A with their vaccination and those who ..
- Indirect protection obtained by Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccination: analysis in a structured population modelT Leino
National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Epidemiol Infect 132:959-66. 2004..a structured population model to study factors determining the magnitude of indirect protection in Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccination...
- Up-to-date Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccination coverage during a vaccine shortageKaren E White
Minnesota Department of Health, Immunization, Tuberculosis and International Health, 625 Robert St N, Saint Paul, MN 55164, USA
Pediatrics 127:e707-12. 2011We sought to assess Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccination coverage in diverse areas of the United States during the 2008-2009 Hib vaccine shortage...
- The impact of vaccines on pneumonia: key lessons from Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccinesBradford D Gessner
Agence de Medecine Preventive, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Doctor Roux, F 75724 Paris, France
Vaccine 26:B3-8. 2008This article explores key lessons learned from vaccination with Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine and how these lessons may provide insight into the impact of emergent pneumococcal vaccines against pneumonia...
- [Role of Haemophilus influenzae b and pneumococcus in bacterial meningitis in Vietnam (1995-1997)]Tan Tram Tran
Arch Pediatr 11:373-4. 2004
- Safety and immunogenicity of a conjugate vaccine against Haemophilus influenzae type b in splenectomized and nonsplenectomized patients with Cooley anemiaR Cimaz
Clinica Pediatrica De Marchi, Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, 20122 Milan, Italy
J Infect Dis 183:1819-21. 2001..antimicrobial prophylaxis are recommended in these patients, but the optimal immunization schedule for Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine is unknown...
- School-aged children: a reservoir for continued circulation of Haemophilus influenzae type b in the United KingdomS Y Oh
Oxford Vaccine Group, University Department of Paediatrics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 197:1275-81. 2008A resurgence of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease occurred in the United Kingdom between 1999 and 2003 and was partially attributed to lower immunogenicity of combination vaccines...
- Long-term impact of vaccination on Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) carriage in the United KingdomJ McVernon
Immunisation Department, Health Protection Agency Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre, Colindale, London, UK
Epidemiol Infect 132:765-7. 2004A recent resurgence in serious infections due to Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) has been observed in the United Kingdom...
- Antibody concentration and clinical protection after Hib conjugate vaccination in the United KingdomP T Heath
Department of Child Health and St George s Vaccine Institute, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 ORE, England
JAMA 284:2334-40. 2000The schedule for Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccination of infants in the United Kingdom consists of 3 doses given at 2, 3, and 4 months of age...
- Genetic and phenotypic characterization of Haemophilus influenzae type b isolated from children with meningitis and their family members in VietnamL T Huong Phan
Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Hanoi, Vietnam
Jpn J Infect Dis 59:111-6. 2006To investigate Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) infection in Vietnamese children under the age of 5 years, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) samples from patients with meningitis were screened for Hib, and isolates were subjected to ..
- Rethinking the benefits and costs of childhood vaccination: the example of the Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccineTill Barnighausen
Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard School of Public Health, USA
Vaccine 29:2371-80. 2011..Using the example of cost-benefit analysis (CBA) of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccination, we demonstrate that past economic evaluations have mostly adopted narrow evaluation ..
- Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) antibody concentrations and vaccination responses in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: predicting factors for responseMarjatta Sinsalo
Department of Internal Medicine, Tampere University Hospital, P O Box 2000, FIN 33521, Tampere, Finland
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1967-9. 2002We have recently demonstrated a moderate vaccination response rate of 43% against Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine among adult and elderly patients with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)...
- Molecular ontogeny of the human antibody repertoire to the Haemophilus influenzae type B polysaccharide: expression of canonical variable regions and their variants in vaccinated infantsAlexander H Lucas
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Clin Immunol 108:119-27. 2003..V3-23 and kappa A2 variable (V) region gene segments, predominates the adult immune response to the Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) capsular polysaccharide (PS)...
- High levels of multiple antibiotic resistance among 938 Haemophilus influenzae type b meningitis isolates from Cuba (1990-2002)Isis Tamargo
Laboratorio Nacional de Referencia de Haemophilus, Instituto de Medicina Tropical, La Habana, Cuba
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:695-8. 2003A national surveillance study to determine antimicrobial susceptibility in Haemophilus influenzae type b isolated from cerebrospinal fluid was carried out in Cuba from 1990 to 2002.
- Introducing new vaccines in developing countries: concepts and approaches to estimating burden of Haemophilus influenzae type b-associated diseasePaul E Kilgore
International Vaccine Institute, Seoul 151 600, Republic of Korea
J Health Popul Nutr 22:246-56. 2004..Despite this, the introduction of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccines has progressed rather slowly compared to previously-introduced vaccines for infant ..
- A new combination haemophilus influenzae type B and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine for primary immunization of infantsDavid Pace
Oxford Vaccine Group, Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, Department of Paediatrics, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:1057-9. 2007..a phase 3 randomized controlled trial looking at the immunogenicity and safety of a novel combined Haemophilus influenzae type b and Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine, Hib-MenC-TT in a 2-, 3-, and ..
- Catch-up vaccination against Haemophilus influenzae type b in human immunodeficiency virus-infected Thai children older than 2 years oldKulkanya Chokephaibulkit
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 2 Prannok Road, Bangkok Noi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Vaccine 22:2018-22. 2004Although most of Thai children older than 2 years are immune against Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) without prior vaccination, it may not be the case in HIV-infected children...
- Haemophilus influenzae type B meningitis among children in Hanoi, Vietnam: epidemiologic patterns and estimates of H. Influenzae type B disease burdenDang D Anh
Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Hanoi, Vietnam
Am J Trop Med Hyg 74:509-15. 2006From March 2000 to February 2002, a population-based study of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) meningitis was conducted among children less than five years of age in Hanoi, Vietnam...
- Estimating the Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease burden and the impact of Hib vaccine in FijiNick Wilson
367a Karori Road, Karori, Wellington, New Zealand
Vaccine 21:1907-12. 2003To estimate Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease burden in Fiji in children under the age of 5 years (under-5s) prior to vaccine introduction...
- The induction of immunologic memory after vaccination with Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate and acellular pertussis-containing diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis vaccine combinationD Goldblatt
Immunobiology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London WC1N 1EH, UK
J Infect Dis 180:538-41. 1999The significance of reduced antibody responses to the Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) component of acellular pertussis-containing combination vaccines (DTaP-Hib) is unclear...
- Immune response of premature infants to meningococcal serogroup C and combined diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-acellular pertussis-Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccinesM H Slack
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Princess Anne Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 184:1617-20. 2001..serogroup C capsular polysaccharide (MCC) and combined diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-acellular pertussis-Haemophilus influenzae type b (DTaP-Hib) conjugate vaccines, 105 infants born at <32 weeks' gestation had Hib IgG geometric mean ..
- Economic evaluations of Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine: systematic review of the literatureUlla K Griffiths
Hib Initiative, Health Policy Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 9:333-46. 2009..b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine has been available since the early 1990s, but uptake of the vaccine was slow in low-..
- Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine impact in resource-poor settings in Asia and AfricaBradford D Gessner
Agence de Medecine Preventive, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Expert Rev Vaccines 8:91-102. 2009The Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine has been administered for almost 20 years in developed countries with remarkable success...
- Is a NAD pyrophosphatase activity necessary for Haemophilus influenzae type b multiplication in the blood stream?J Schmidt-Brauns
Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 291:219-25. 2001..NAD pyrophosphatase and NMN 5'-nucleotidase activities were present in rat and human serum, implying that under infection conditions H. influenzae may obtain NR directly from its host...
- Foresight in medicine: current challenges with Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccinesJ Eskola
National Institute for Health and Welfare, FI 00271 Helsinki, Finland
J Intern Med 267:241-50. 2010An effective vaccine to prevent invasive infections caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) bacteria has been available for more than 20 years...
- The Elimination of Haemophilus influenzae type b meningitis following conjugate vaccine introduction in SenegalMoussa Fafa Cisse
Children s Hospital Albert Royer, Dakar, Senegal
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:499-503. 2010Senegal introduced routine infant Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine during 2005.
- Spectrum and burden of severe Haemophilus influenzae type b diseases in AsiaH Peltola
HUCH Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Helsinki, Finland
Bull World Health Organ 77:878-87. 1999The validity of the commonly held view that Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) diseases are rare in Asia is challenged in this article by a thorough analysis of the data available, often in languages other than English...
- Epidemiology of pertussis and Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in Canada with exclusive use of a diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis-inactivated poliovirus-Haemophilus influenzae type b pediatric combination vaccine and an adolescent-adult tetanusDavid P Greenberg
Sanofi Pasteur Inc Swiftwater, PA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:521-8. 2009..the decade 1998-2007, a combination DTaP(5)-IPV/Hib vaccine was used exclusively in Canada to immunize infants and young children against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, and invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease.
- The impact of routine infant immunization with Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine in Malawi, a country with high human immunodeficiency virus prevalencePaul Daza
Mzuzu Central Hospital, Mzuzu, Malawi
Vaccine 24:6232-9. 2006Malawi has extreme poverty and a high-human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevalence. Following Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine introduction during 2002, we evaluated vaccine impact by reviewing hospital surveillance ..
- Optimising the use of conjugate vaccines to prevent disease caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b, Neisseria meningitidis and Streptococcus pneumoniaeCaroline L Trotter
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, Bristol, BS8 2PR, UK
Vaccine 26:4434-45. 2008Conjugate vaccines exist that offer protection against disease caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), and selected serogroups/serotypes of Neisseria meningitidis and Streptococcus pneumoniae...
- Prevention of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) meningitis and emergence of serotype replacement with type a strains after introduction of Hib immunization in BrazilGuilherme S Ribeiro
Gonçalo Moniz Research Center, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Brazilian Ministry of Health, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Infect Dis 187:109-16. 2003..However, these findings highlight the need to maintain surveillance as the use of conjugate vaccines expands worldwide...
- Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccinesDominic F Kelly
Department of Paediatrics, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford, UK
Immunology 113:163-74. 2004b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) is one of the leading causes of invasive bacterial infection in young children worldwide...
- The Haemophilus influenzae Type b hcsA and hcsB gene products facilitate transport of capsular polysaccharide across the outer membrane and are essential for virulenceSoila Sukupolvi-Petty
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Bacteriol 188:3870-7. 2006b>Haemophilus influenzae type b is a common cause of invasive bacterial disease, especially among children in underdeveloped countries...
- Immediate and longer term immunogenicity of a single dose of the combined haemophilus influenzae type B-Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in primed toddlers 12 to 18 months of ageRobert Booy
National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:340-2. 2011..15 μg/mL. After 12 months, rSBA titer ≥ 8 persisted in 86.7% and 76.4%, and anti-PRP concentration ≥ 0.15 μg/mL persisted in 98.8% and 100% of children, respectively...
- Immunization coverage and risk factors for failure to immunize within the Expanded Programme on Immunization in Kenya after introduction of new Haemophilus influenzae type b and hepatitis b virus antigensMoses Ndiritu
Wellcome Trust Kenya Medical Research Institute, Centre for Geographic Medicine Research Coast, Kilifi, Kenya
BMC Public Health 6:132. 2006Kenya introduced a pentavalent vaccine including the DTP, Haemophilus influenzae type b and hepatitis b virus antigens in Nov 2001 and strengthened immunization services...
- Invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in Sweden 1997-2003: epidemiological trends and patterns in the post-vaccine eraDaniel Farhoudi
Department of Epidemiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control SMI, Solna, Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 37:717-22. 2005..Together with a shift in age distribution towards adults this points to women aged +30 y as a potential new risk group. This may reflect an increased risk owing to women being the primary carers of young children...
- Modelling transmission, immunity and disease of Haemophilus influenzae type b in a structured populationK Auranen
Department of Vaccines, National Public Health Institute, Finland
Epidemiol Infect 132:947-57. 2004An individual-based stochastic simulation model was constructed to study the epidemiology of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) transmission, immunity and invasive disease...
- Haemophilus influenzae Type b disease among Amish children in Pennsylvania: reasons for persistent diseaseA M Fry
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatrics 108:E60. 2001To identify reservoirs of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) pharyngeal carriage and assess barriers to vaccination among 2 Amish communities in Pennsylvania.
- Presence of multiple copies of the capsulation b locus in invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) strains isolated from children with Hib conjugate vaccine failureMarina Cerquetti
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Infect Dis 192:819-23. 2005Most invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b strains possess a duplication of the capsulation locus. Further amplification resulting in as many as 5 copies has been described...
- Four and one-half-year follow-up of the effectiveness of diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-acellular pertussis/Haemophilus influenzae type b and diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-acellular pertussis-inactivated poliovirus/H. influenzae type b combination vaccines in GeHelen Kalies
Institute for Social Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Ludwig Maxilimilians University, Heiglhofstrasse 63, 81377 Munich, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:944-50. 2004Recently an increase in the number of invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) cases was observed in the United Kingdom, which coincided with a temporary change from diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-wild-type pertussis to diphtheria-..
- Burden of disease caused by Haemophilus influenzae type b in children younger than 5 years: global estimatesJames P Watt
Hib Initiative, Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Lancet 374:903-11. 2009b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) is a leading cause of childhood bacterial meningitis, pneumonia, and other serious infections. Hib disease can be almost completely eliminated through routine vaccination...
- Elimination of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease from The Gambia after the introduction of routine immunisation with a Hib conjugate vaccine: a prospective studyRichard A Adegbola
Medical Research Council Laboratories, The Gambia
Lancet 366:144-50. 2005Routine immunisation of infants in The Gambia with a Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) polysaccharide-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine began in May, 1997...
- Detection of antigenuria for diagnosis of invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b diseaseSamir K Saha
Department of Microbiology, Dhaka Shishu Children s Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Ann Trop Paediatr 26:329-36. 2006b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) diseases are responsible for an estimated 400,000 childhood deaths, mostly in developing countries.
- Effectiveness of Haemophilus influenzae type b Conjugate vaccine introduction into routine childhood immunization in KenyaKaren D Cowgill
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Epidemiology Program Office, Division of Applied Public Health Training, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
JAMA 296:671-8. 2006b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine is not perceived as a public health priority in Africa because data on Hib disease burden and vaccine effectiveness are scarce...
- Aetiology of bacterial meningitis and resistance to antibiotics of causative pathogens in Europe and in the Mediterranean regionGeorgina Tzanakaki
National Meningitis Reference Laboratory, National School of Public Health, Athens, Greece
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:621-9. 2007Neisseria meningitidis, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae type b are most commonly associated with bacterial meningitis accounting for almost 90% of reported cases of acute bacterial meningitis in infants over 60 days ..
- A randomised trial of a Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine in a developing country for the prevention of pneumonia--ethical considerationsK Mulholland
Vaccines and Other Biologicals, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 3:749-55. 1999In 1993 a placebo-controlled field trial of a Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccine was started in The Gambia...
- Epidemiology and Etiology of Hospitalized Pneumonia in ChildrenKrow Ampofo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, the epidemiology of childhood pneumonia is changing due to the impact of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine and pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, and the emergence of non-vaccine serotypes of ..
- Haemophilus influenzae iron/heme regulonTerrence L Stull; Fiscal Year: 2012ABSTRACT Current vaccines against Haemophilus influenzae type b have reduced the incidence of H. influenzae type b invasive diseases...
- Laser-based powder vaccine delivery for improved newborn immunizationXinyuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Polysaccharide-encapsulated bacteria, such as Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), are leading causes of serious infections in infants...
- VIBRIO CHOLERAE TCP AND LPS SUBUNIT VACCINE, EPITOPES ANWilliam Wade; Fiscal Year: 2004..The strategy will incorporate features of the highly successful Haemophilus influenzae type b and pertussis vaccines that utilize defined surface virulence determinants, colonization factors, and ..
- THE EFFICACY OF CONJUGATE VACCINES AGAINST H INFLUENZAEEugene Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Haemophilus influenzae type b is the most common cause of bacterial meningitis and other serious invasive bacterial infections in children...
- INTERACTION OF COMPLEMENT AND HAEMOPHILUS INFLUENZAEK Cates; Fiscal Year: 1991..b>Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), the most common cause of bacterial meningitis in children, is resistant to alternative pathway-..
- GENETIC CONTROL OF ANTIBODY RESPONSES TO POLYSACCHARIDESDan Granoff; Fiscal Year: 1993..1, we will investigate the immunologic and genetic basis of "vaccine failure" in patients who develop Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) disease despite previous vaccination with Hib polysaccharide (PS) vaccine...
- Haemophilus influenzae iron/heme regulonTerrence Stull; Fiscal Year: 2007Current vaccines against Haemophilus influenzae type b have reduced the incidence of H. influenzae type b invasive diseases...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF H. INFLUENZAE CAPSULE EXPRESSIONSUSAN HOISETH; Fiscal Year: 1992The Haemophilus influenzae type b capsule has long been recognized as an important virulence determinant. Capsule expression, however, is genetically unstable, and capsule-deficient mutants arise at frequencies of 0.1 to 0.5%...
- HAEMOPHILUS INFLUENZAE B CONJUGATE VACCINE EFFICACYJoel Ward; Fiscal Year: 1993..of this proposal is to assess by case-control methods the protective efficacy characteristics of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) conjugate vaccines to be licensed by 1991 for routine immunization of infants 2 to 6 months of ..
- SPECIFIC ENVELOPE COMPONENTS OF H. INFLUENZAE TYPE BFRANCIS BUCKMIRE; Fiscal Year: 1980Specific envelope components which have been related to virulence in Haemophilus influenzae type b will be characterized. Among the six serotypes of H. influenzae, type b is most frequently associated with severe human infections. H...
- HEMOPHILUS INFLUENZAE TYPE B INFECTIONSCarl Norden; Fiscal Year: 1980..project is to continue to investigate immunity and other mechanisms of resistance to infection with Haemophilus influenzae type b. We are investigating the role of serum bactericidal activity in protection against Haemophilus ..
- VIRAL POTENTIATION OF BACTERIAL INFECTIONRICHARD MICHAELS; Fiscal Year: 1980We propose to try to determine how influenza virus infection potentiates the genic potential of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hitb) in infant rats...
- PROPERTIES OF THE 3RD AND 4TH COMPLEMENT PROTEINSR Levine; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- Genome-wide screening of E. coli for bacteremiaKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..coli bacteremia should help in development of preventive measures such as vaccines against E. coli bacteremia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethanol, Tat and the Blood-brain barrierKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2004..e., nitric oxide and signaling pathways. The information derived from this proposal should enhance our understanding of the role of ethanol in HIV-1 neuropthogenesis. ..
- E. COLI BINDING TO BRAIN ENDOTHELIAL CELLSKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- E. coli invasion of brain endothelial cellsKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2008..3.To determine the role of K1 capsule in E. coli trafficking in HBMEC. Further understanding and characterization of E. coli K1-HBMEC interactions should allow us to develop novel strategies to prevent this serious infection. ..
- GP 120 MEDIATED ACTIVATION OF BRAIN ENDOTHELIAL CELLSKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., roles of G proteins and signaling pathways, platelet-activating factor (PAF). The information derived from this proposal should enhance our understanding of the role of HBMEC in HIV encephalopathy. ..
- Cryptococcus traversal of Brain Endothelial cellsKwang Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..neoformans traversal of HBMEC monolayers and will be the basis of future investigations to characterize microbial-host interactions that are relevant to the pathogenesis of cryptococcal meningitis/meningoencephalitis. ..
- Appropriate Pneumococcal Vaccination in Infants in FijiFiona Russell; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study will form the basis of an effectiveness evaluation following the pilot introduction of pneumococcal immunization into Fiji in 3-5 years time. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of T-cell DNA MethylationJohn Attwood; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CONSTRUCTION OF THE VACCINE CENTERALEXANDER LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Construction of the CIVD will expand investigators' research capabilities, promote programmatic interaction and growth, increase training opportunities, and permit recruitment of additional scientists. ..
- In-Home Prevention of SA risks in Native Teen FamiliesJohn T Walkup; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Control of Accessibility for V(D) J RecombinationANN FEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will determine if other transcription factors such as Pax5 or Btk will induce rearrangement of other Ig loci, such as Vh or lambda. ..
- Receptor Editing in Autoimmune and Normal MiceANN FEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..The information gained in these aims should give insights into the response of the various Ig loci to receptor editing signals, and how these processes may potentially be misregulated in B cells of autoimmune mice. ..
- B CELL REPERTOIRE FORMATIONANN FEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together, these studies should give insight into the epigenetic mechanisms and cis-elements which control VH gene rearrangement in fetal and adult pro-B cells. ..
- Short Tandem Repeat Polymorphisms in CytomegalovirusJames Bale; Fiscal Year: 2003..Characterizing HCM' strains by STR analysis will facilitate future studies of HCMV evolution and will provide a novel means t to fingerprint HCMV strains. ..
- THE EFFECTIVENESS OF VACCINES IN CLINICAL PRACTICEEugene Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004..Shapiro to review their progress and to help them develop their own studies as well as to develop strategies for the development of their careers. ..
- Regulation of GRP94: Targeting Novel Cancer TherapeuticsJeffrey Baker; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, the proposed analysis will lead to a greater understanding of GRP94 as a novel anti-cancer target. ..
- Pilot Study of Automated Surveillance to Measure BurdenPaul Kilgore; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will assess the potential use of the phone/web-based case reporting system for measuring the impact of health interventions including vaccines. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neisseria meningitidis antigens expressed in infectionDan Granoff; Fiscal Year: 2005..meningitidis disease, including group B strains for which there is currently no vaccine available. Also, characterization of gene expression in an in vivo model will lead to a better understanding of meningococcal pathogenesis. ..
- Kim-1 in Renal Epithelial Cell Motility and AdhesionBENJAMIN HUMPHREYS; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies will have great relevance in understanding the molecular mechanisms of renal regeneration and renal cell cancer invasion and metastasis. ..
- Appropriate Pneumococcal Vaccination in Infants in FijiEDWARD MULHOLLAND; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be part of a global effort to address these issues, and will be used to develop rapid assessment tools for these diseases in developing countries. ..
- Reducing Transmission of Influenza by Face MasksARNOLD MONTO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a reduction could have a major public health impact during a pandemic. In the second year, the study can be expanded or modified based on findings in the first. ..
- Comparative Study of Influenza Vaccines in AdultsARNOLD MONTO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results will help to determine how the vaccine may be used as part of the strategy to combat influenza in varying situations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Training in Patient-Oriented Research for PhysiciansEugene Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, the Yale CRS Program will help to increase the pool of physician-investigators who will be uniquely poised to conduct research to directly improve the health of all Americans. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular basis meningococcal group A capsular immunityDan Granoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Genotypes of Helicobacter Pylori in West AfricaRichard Adegbola; Fiscal Year: 2005..pylori colonization in West Africa differ from those seen in industrialized nations, and enable the development of appropriate treatment strategies for communities such as The Gambia. ..
- Polysaccharide Antibody RepertoiresAlexander H Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2010..specific for Streptococcus pneumoniae polysaccharide serotypes 14 (PPS 14) and 23F (PPS 23F) and the Haemophilus influenzae type b capsular polysaccharide (Hib PS)...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF THE ANTIH INFLUENZAE RESPONSEANN FEENEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will also further analyze the diversity in the ani-hib response through the use of combinatorial libraries, correlating affinity with the Vh, Vk and CDR3's which are used. ..
- Effectiveness of Varicella Vaccine in Clinical PracticeEugene Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..