Summary: A species of gram-negative bacteria in the genus HAEMOPHILUS, ubiquitous in the human ORAL CAVITY and PHARYNX. It has low pathogenicity but is occasionally implicated in ENDOCARDITIS in humans.
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- ["Actinobacillus and Haemophilus parainfluenzae infective endocarditis: two case reports"]T Mai
Rev Med Interne 25:679-82. 2004
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis isolated from adult patients with respiratory tract infections in four southern European countries. The ARISE projectF Soriano
Department of Medical Microbiology, Avenida de Reyes Católicos 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 23:296-9. 2004Over a 7-month period in 2000-2001, 1213 Haemophilus influenzae, 112 Haemophilus parainfluenzae and 142 Moraxella catarrhalis isolates were recovered from adult patients with respiratory tract infections...
- Urinary tract infection caused by Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae in childrenSverker Hansson
The Paediatric Uro Nephrologic Centre, The Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, 416 85 Gothenburg, Sweden
Pediatr Nephrol 22:1321-5. 2007There are few reports on urinary tract infections caused by Haemophilus influenzae or Haemophilus parainfluenzae in children...
- Reduction of periodontal pathogens adhesion by antagonistic strainsC G van Hoogmoed
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University Medical Center Groningen, and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Oral Microbiol Immunol 23:43-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify bacterial strains that reduce adhesion of periodontopathogens to surfaces...
- Comparison of three commercial test systems for biotyping Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzaeErik L Munson
Division of Medical Microbiology, Department of Pathology, University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:4051-3. 2007The biotypes of Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae isolates were determined with three commercially available biochemical test kits: the IDS RapID NH system, the Neisseria-Haemophilus identification test (NHI card), and ..
- Rapid detection of Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae in nasopharyngeal swabs by multiplex PCRGuo Zhong Tian
State Key Laboratory for Infectious Diseases Control and Prevention, National Institute for Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 102206, China
Biomed Environ Sci 25:367-71. 2012..influenzae and H.parainfluenzae. And the PCR-based assays were applied to detect the carriage rates of H.influenzae and H.parainfluenzae in nasopharyngeal swab specimens which were collected from healthy children...
- Structural characterization of Haemophilus parainfluenzae lipooligosaccharide and elucidation of its role in adherence using an outer core mutantAngela Pollard
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences, Illinois State University, Campus Box 4120, Normal, IL 61790, USA
Can J Microbiol 54:906-17. 2008The opportunistic pathogen Haemophilus parainfluenzae is a gram-negative bacterium found in the oropharynx of humans...
- Septic peripheral embolization from Haemophilus parainfluenzae endocarditisHee Hwa Ho
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Eur Heart J 27:1009. 2006
- [Urethritis associated with conjunctivitis following sexual risk behavior]Juan Luis Santiago
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:391-2. 2008
- A 2-year-old girl with a several-day history of vomiting and lethargyRobert Listernick
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, USA
Pediatr Ann 32:570-3, 575. 2003
- Diversity of antibiotic resistance integrative and conjugative elements among haemophiliIoanna D Dimopoulou
Department of Microbiology Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis 68100, Greece
J Med Microbiol 56:838-46. 2007..and conjugative elements (ICEs) that are vectors of antibiotic resistance in Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae, and test the hypothesis that they emerged from a single lineage...
- [Microbiological, pharmacokinetic and clinical studies of rokitamycin dry syrup in the pediatric field]T Motohiro
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Kurume University
Jpn J Antibiot 41:920-59. 1988..agalactiae (29), Streptococcus pneumoniae (2), as Gram-positive cocci, and Haemophilus influenzae (1), Haemophilus parainfluenzae (1), Bordetella pertussis (12), Salmonella sp...
- In vitro potency of doripenem tested against an international collection of rarely isolated bacterial pathogensRonald N Jones
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 63:434-9. 2009..Delftia acidovorans, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Neisseria meningitidis, Ochrobactrum anthropi, Pasteurella multocida, Pseudomonas oryzihabitans, and ..
- [Laboratory and clinical studies on cefteram pivoxil in the field of pediatrics]F Hayakawa
Department of Pediatrics, Anjo Kosei Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 42:1849-59. 1989..pneumoniae 4, Staphylococcus aureus 2, Branhamella catarrhalis 1, Haemophilus influenzae 8, Haemophilus parainfluenzae 1, and Escherichia coli 2) were compared with those of cefaclor (CCL), cephalexin (CEX), and ampicillin (..
- NXL-103, a combination of flopristin and linopristin, for the potential treatment of bacterial infections including community-acquired pneumonia and MRSAAmani D Politano
University of Virginia Health System, Department of Surgery, Box 800709, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0709, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 11:225-36. 2010..Streptococcus pyogenes, Enterococcus faecium, Enterococcus faecalis, Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae. NXL-103 was not affected by the resistance profiles of bacteria against other commonly used antibiotics...
- Serological relationship of some V-factor dependent Pasteurellaceae (Haemophilus sp.) from guineapigs and rabbitsR Boot
Section of Laboratory Animal Microbiology, Diagnostic Laboratory for Infectious Disease and Perinatal Screening LIS, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 33:91-4. 1999..The 12 Haemophilus strains comprised three API NH codes classed as Haemophilus parainfluenzae and two codes classed as Haemophilus aphrophilus/paraphrophilus...
- Delineation of the species Haemophilus influenzae by phenotype, multilocus sequence phylogeny, and detection of marker genesNiels Nørskov-Lauritsen
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Aarhus University Hospital Skejby, Brendstrupgaardsvej, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
J Bacteriol 191:822-31. 2009..g., Haemophilus parainfluenzae. Strains previously assigned to H...
- Remarkable conservation of translation initiation factors: IF1/eIF1A and IF2/eIF5B are universally distributed phylogenetic markersH P Sørensen
Department of Molecular and Structural Biology, Aarhus University, Denmark
IUBMB Life 51:321-7. 2001..information from species within all three phylogenetic domains and among closely related strains of Haemophilus parainfluenzae. We conclude that the amino acid sequence of IF1/eIF1A-IF2/eIF5B is a universal phylogenetic marker and ..
- Production of interferon-gamma by tonsillar mononuclear cells in IgA nephropathy patientsS Fujieda
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Fukui Medical University, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 120:649-54. 2000..We hypothesized that Haemophilus parainfluenzae (HP) in the tonsil plays an important role in the IgA production of IgAN patients...
- Detection of Haemophilus influenzae by loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) of the outer membrane protein P6 geneHirotaka Torigoe
Department of Oral Health Sciences, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 60:55-8. 2007It is difficult and time-consuming to distinguish Haemophilus influenzae from the genotypically similar Haemophilus parainfluenzae, which is a commensal of the human oral cavity...
- Microbiological considerations of the etiological agents of lower respiratory tract infectionsM B Pellegrino
Institute of Microbiology, University of Catania, Italy
J Chemother 4:211-5. 1992..Statistical analysis was carried out to correlate these data. Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, and Streptococcus pyogenes showed significant differences in the three groups ..
- Invasive disease caused by Haemophilus parainfluenzae III in a child with uropathyA B Ariza Jiménez
Pediatrics Department, Carlos Haya Children s Hospital, 29011 Malaga, Spain
J Med Microbiol 62:792-3. 2013Urinary tract infections (UTIs) caused by Haemophilus parainfluenzae represent a very small percentage of this kind of pathology in children, and it has scarcely been described in the medical literature...
- [Clinical studies of cefteram pivoxil in pediatrics]N Iwai
Department of Pediatrics, Meitetsu Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 42:1963-80. 1989..strains of Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase positive; 7, beta-lactamase negative; 12), 1 strain of Haemophilus parainfluenzae (beta-lactamase positive) and 4 strains of Escherichia coli (beta-lactamase positive; 1, beta-lactamase ..
- Invasive Haemophilus parainfluenzae maternal-infant infections: an Australasian perspective and case reportMhisti Rele
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:258-60. 2006Maternal and neonatal infection with Haemophilus parainfluenzae is an unusual but potentially life-threatening occurrence. We present a case of H. parainfluenzae complicating pregnancy in the second trimester...
- Structural basis of heme binding in the Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase from Haemophilus ducreyiImre Töro
Structural and Computational Biology Programme, EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Biol 386:406-18. 2009..We show that the introduction of only three mutations at the dimer interface of the enzyme from Haemophilus parainfluenzae, a closely related bacterial species, is sufficient to induce heme-binding ability by this enzyme ..
- The Sentinel Project: an update on the prevalence of antimicrobial resistance in community-acquired respiratory Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus spp. in ItalyA Marchese
Institute of Microbiology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:8-12. 2005..9% susceptible strains, respectively). Among isolates of Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae, beta-lactamase production (12.5% and 10%, respectively), and co-trimoxazole (19.9% and 40...
- Emergence and persistence of macrolide resistance in oropharyngeal flora and elimination of nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus after therapy with slow-release clarithromycin: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyHans F Berg
Department of Clinical Microbiology, St Elisabeth Hospital, P O Box 747, 5000 AS Tilburg, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4183-8. 2004..The average number of tablets taken was 15 (standard deviation = 6.4). From the throat swabs, Haemophilus parainfluenzae was isolated and carriage was not affected in either of the treatment groups...
- Biochemical characterization and phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA sequences for V-factor dependent members of Pasteurellaceae derived from laboratory ratsNobuhito Hayashimoto
ICLAS Monitoring Center, Central Institute for Experimental Animals, 1430 Nogawa, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki shi, 216 0001, Japan
Curr Microbiol 54:419-23. 2007..of 20 strains that showed negative results for the fermentation test of D(+) xylose agreed with those of Haemophilus parainfluenzae complex...
- Cardiobacterium hominis endocarditis: Two cases and a review of the literatureA N Malani
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Medical School, Veterans Affairs Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, 2215 Fuller Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:587-95. 2006Cardiobacterium hominis, a member of the HACEK group (Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Haemophilus aphrophilus, and Haemophilus paraphrophilus, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, C...
- [A case of pulmonary abscess in which Haemophilus parainfluenzae and Streptococcus intermedius were isolated by percutaneous needle aspiration]Atsushi Miyamoto
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Respiratory Center, Toranomon Hospital
Nihon Kokyuki Gakkai Zasshi 44:561-6. 2006..b>Haemophilus parainfluenzae is usually categorized as one of the normal flora which colonizes in the ears and the nasopharynx, and ..
- Efficacy and safety of 3-day azithromycin versus 5-day moxifloxacin for the treatment of acute bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitisMarcus Zervos
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:56-61. 2007..at baseline for Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis or Haemophilus parainfluenzae, clinical efficacy for azithromycin versus moxifloxacin at Days 10-12 was 93% versus 84%, respectively, ..
- [Drug susceptibility of Haemophilus sp. and Staphylococcus aureus strains colonizing respiratory tract in children with mucoviscidosis]Urszula Kosikowska
Katedra i Zakład Mikrobiologii Farmaceutycznej, Akademii Medycznej im prof F Skubiszewskiego w Lublinie
Przegl Epidemiol 61:377-84. 2007..The aim of our studies was to isolate haemophili rods and S. aureus from children with mucoviscidosis and to assess antimicrobial agent susceptibility of the isolates...
- Construction of a novel shuttle vector for use in Haemophilus influenzae and H. parainfluenzaeEsther Robinson
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Oxford, UK
J Microbiol Methods 83:330-4. 2010..influenzae and is functional for allelic replacement and mutant complementation. The vector will be useful for investigating gene function in Haemophilus spp...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae: report of an unusual cause of neonatal sepsis and a literature reviewBinu Govind
Department of Neonatology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
J Infect Dev Ctries 6:748-50. 2012..A high index of suspicion, proper culture techniques, and rapid species identification are needed to diagnose H. parainfluenzae sepsis. We present the first documented case from India with a review of the literature...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae expresses diverse lipopolysaccharide O-antigens using ABC transporter and Wzy polymerase-dependent mechanismsRosanna E B Young
Department of Structural and Molecular Biology, University College London, Darwin Building, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom Department of Paediatrics, University of Oxford, United Kingdom 1 Electronic address
Int J Med Microbiol 303:603-17. 2013..b>Haemophilus parainfluenzae is a normal commensal of humans but is also an occasional pathogen...
- Diversion of the host humoral response: a novel virulence mechanism of Haemophilus influenzae mediated via outer membrane vesiclesFlorence Deknuydt
Medical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine Malmö, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Leukoc Biol 95:983-91. 2014..e., NTHi and the nonpathogenic Haemophilus parainfluenzae. We found that H...
- Necessity of 16S rRNA gene sequencing for identifying Haemophilus parainfluenzae-like strains associated with opportunistic urinary tract infectionsSiu Kei Chow
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, NW120, Seattle, WA 98195 7110, USA
J Med Microbiol 63:805-11. 2014..homogeneous strains of a cryptic species that is phylogenetically close to, but distinct from, Haemophilus parainfluenzae. Commercial biochemical kits and VITEK 2 could not distinguish between the two species...
- Microbial population diversity in the urethras of healthy males and males suffering from nonchlamydial, nongonococcal urethritisW A Riemersma
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 41:1977-86. 2003..In two of five patients a previously suggested pathogen (Mycoplasma genitalium or Haemophilus parainfluenzae) was accurately identified on the basis of DNA sequencing...
- Association between HACEK bacteraemia and endocarditisHaur Sen Yew
Christchurch Hospital, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Med Microbiol 63:892-5. 2014..examined medical records of 87 patients with bacteraemia caused by members of the HACEK group (Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, Aggregatibacter aphrophilus, Aggregatibacter paraphrophilus, ..
- PCR-based detection, restriction endonuclease analysis, and transcription of tonB in Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae isolates obtained from children undergoing tonsillectomy and adenoidectomyG M Matar
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 8:221-4. 2001..endonuclease analysis method to detect and analyze the tonB gene of Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae from pediatric patients undergoing tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy...
- Experimental nephropathy induced by Haemophilus parainfluenzae antigensC Yamamoto
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Fukui Medical University, Fukui, Japan
Nephron 90:320-7. 2002We have demonstrated that outer membrane antigens of Haemophilus parainfluenzae (OMHP) are potentially involved in IgA nephropathy (IgAN)...
- rrn operons in Haemophilus parainfluenzae and mosaicism of conserved and species-specific sequences in the 16S-23S rDNA long spacerV Gianninò
Department of Microbiological and Gynaecological Sciences, University of Catania, Italy
Res Microbiol 152:461-8. 2001..of short-sequence boxes was analysed in the cloned and sequenced long ribosomal spacer (547 bp) of Haemophilus parainfluenzae GR. Comparison and alignment of both the long and the short spacer were performed in H...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae complicating total hip arthroplasty: a rapid failureP A Jellicoe
Department of Orthopaedics, York District Hospital, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
J Arthroplasty 17:114-6. 2002We present a case of rapid failure of a total hip arthroplasty caused by infection with Haemophilus parainfluenzae. The septic loosening occurred over a period of 3 months and followed a dental extraction that had not been covered by ..
- Optimisation of the prevention and treatment of bacterial endocarditisK A Taubert
Department of Science and Medicine, American Heart Association, Dallas, Texas 75231, USA
Drugs Aging 18:415-24. 2001..faecium) and the HACEK group of organisms (Haemophilus parainfluenzae, H...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae endocarditis in a patient with mitral valve prolapseJ N Greene
Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33612
Ann Clin Lab Sci 23:203-6. 1993b>Haemophilus parainfluenzae is a frequent cause of "culture-negative" endocarditis (i.e...
- Structural studies of the lipopolysaccharide from Haemophilus parainfluenzae strain 20Varvara Vitiazeva
Clinical Research Centre, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Novum, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Carbohydr Res 346:2228-36. 2011b>Haemophilus parainfluenzae is a Gram-negative bacterium that colonizes the upper respiratory tract of humans and is a part of normal flora. In this study, we investigated the lipopolysaccharide (LPS) expressed by H...
- Susceptibilities of fluoroquinolone-resistant Haemophilus parainfluenzae isolates from Japanese patients with respiratory infections to five fluoroquinolones and other antimicrobial agentsHiromu Takemura
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3996-7. 2003
- Microbial etiologies in community acquired pneumonia (CAP)Katarzyna Szmygin-Milanowska
Pulmonary Department, Medical University of Lublin
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 58:466-74. 2003..Amongst all isolated bacteria, the most frequent were Staphylococcus aureus - 17.9%, Haemophilus parainfluenzae - 12.5% and H. influenzae - 8.9%. Identification of Corynebacterium pseudodiphtheriticum in 8...
- Abdominal pain and fever in an adolescentAndreea C Cazacu
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Semin Pediatr Infect Dis 16:234, 342-3. 2005
- Etiological agents of lower respiratory tract infections in Japanese childrenKei Numazaki
Research Group of Hokkaido for Pediatric Respiratory Tract Infections, Department of Pediatrics, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
In Vivo 18:67-71. 2004..9%); Streptococcus pneumoniae, 95 (10.3%); Haemophilus influenzae, 90 (9.8%); Haemophilus parainfluenzae, 35 (3.8%); Staphylococcus aureus, 29 (3.1%); adenovirus, 27 (2.9%); Moraxella catarrhalis, 12 (1...
- Preservation of Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae at -70 degrees CM Votava
Department of Microbiology, St Anna s Faculty Hospital, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Cryobiology 43:85-7. 2001..After 12 months, TSBG appeared to be the most suitable cryopreservation medium for the six strains tested. We conclude that TSBG represents a good medium for the maintenance of Haemophilus spp. at -70 degrees C for up to 1 year...
- Clinical and microbiologic features of urethritis in men in Toulouse, FranceJ C Lefevre
Group for the Study and Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Faculty of Medicine Purpan, Toulouse, France
Sex Transm Dis 18:76-9. 1991..8%); Ureaplasma urealyticum: 46 (20.4%); Gardnerella vaginalis: 21 (9.3%); Haemophilus parainfluenzae: 21 (9.3%); Streptococcus agalactiae: 15 (6.7%); Candida albicans: 10 (4...
- [Clinical studies on cefteram pivoxil granules in pediatrics]H Sato
Department of Pediatrics, Tokyo Metropolitan Ebara General Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 42:1948-62. 1989..of Streptococcus pyogenes, 1 of Escherichia coli, 1 of Salmonella 04, 6 of Haemophilus influenzae, 1 of Haemophilus parainfluenzae and 3 of Branhamella catarrhalis, were isolated. After treatment all strains except 1 strain of B...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae meningitis in an adult associated with acute otitis mediaRita Cardines
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
New Microbiol 32:213-5. 2009A case of Haemophilus parainfluenzae meningitis in a woman with a 3-day history of acute otitis media is reported. Her medical history included bladder cancer surgery...
- Esophageal lesions: risk factors for the development of brain abscess?Georgiana Georgescu
Scand J Infect Dis 37:538-9. 2005
- Amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium extended release tablets: a new antimicrobial for the treatment of acute bacterial sinusitis and community-acquired pneumoniaMichael S Benninger
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:1839-46. 2003..or CAP caused by beta-lactamase-producing pathogens (ie, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, or methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus) and S...
- [Solitary abscessing osteomyelitis of the mandibular condyle. A rarity]M G Kaufmann
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie, Universitatsspital Zurich
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 9:251-6. 2005..We report on a rare case of secondary chronic osteomyelitis of the left condyle. Haemophilus aphrophilus could be isolated from the abscess material. The condyle was resected and reconstructed with an endoprosthesis in the same operation...
- Identification of HACEK clinical isolates by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometryMarc Roger Couturier
University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:1104-6. 2011..We assessed this technology for the identification of 103 Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Aggregatibacter aphrophilus, Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, Cardiobacterium hominis, Eikenella ..
- Pacemaker lead infection secondary to Haemophilus parainfluenzaeRakesh K Pai
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1008-10. 2004..This report describes a case of an uncommon pathogen for device-associated endocarditis...
- Cefaclor: a contemporary look at susceptibility of key pathogens from around the globeD A Preston
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Chemother 10:195-202. 1998..demonstrated that > 90% of Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase producing and non-producing), Haemophilus parainfluenzae (beta-lactamase producing and non-producing), Moraxella catarrhalis (> 90% beta-lactamase producing), ..
- [Monoarthritis with Haemophilus parainfluenzae septicaemia during multiple myeloma of the bones]Olivier Gisserot
Presse Med 32:1457-8. 2003
- Summary of ceftaroline activity against pathogens in the United States, 2010: report from the Assessing Worldwide Antimicrobial Resistance Evaluation (AWARE) surveillance programRobert K Flamm
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, Iowa, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2933-40. 2012..Potent activity was also shown against Gram-negative pathogens (Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis)...
- Rapid discrimination of Haemophilus influenzae, H. parainfluenzae, and H. haemolyticus by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) and two matrix-assisted laser-desorption-ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF-MS) platformsHagen Frickmann
Department of Tropical Medicine at the Bernhard Nocht Institute, German Armed Forces Hospital of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e63222. 2013..influenzae, H. parainfluenzae and H. haemolyticus to species level...
- Peritonitis caused by Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Leifsonia aquatica, and Gordonia spp. in a patient undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisJason C Gardenier
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 13:409-12. 2012..In most cases, these infections are monomicrobial, and the pathogens involved most commonly are Staphylococci. Recently, polymicrobial infections with rare organisms have been reported more often...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae infection of respiratory mucosaA M Middleton
Host Defence Unit, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London UK
Respir Med 97:375-81. 2003The pathogenicity of Haemophilus parainfluenzae (Hpi) in the respiratory tract is unclear, in contrast to the accepted pathogenicity of its close relative non-typable H. influenzae...
- Immune response to Haemophilus parainfluenzae in patients with chronic obstructive lung diseaseJ L Mitchell
Respiratory Research Laboratory, Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:25-30. 2000b>Haemophilus parainfluenzae is often isolated from the sputa of patients with chronic obstructive lung disease...
- The sodA gene as a target for phylogenetic dissection of the genus Haemophilus and accurate identification of human clinical isolatesVincent Cattoir
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie virologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Rennes 1, F 35034 Rennes, France
Int J Med Microbiol 296:531-40. 2006..species, and conventional identification of isolates other than Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae is often challenging...
- Tricuspid valve endocarditis caused by Haemophilus parainfluenzae: a case report and review of the literatureNnamdi Nwaohiri
Department of Medicine, New York Hospital Queens, Flushing, 11355, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:216-9. 2009b>Haemophilus parainfluenzae is a Gram-negative bacterium that is often difficult to isolate and identify...
- Assessment of the bioequivalence of two formulations of clarithromycin extended-release 500-mg tablets under fasting and fed conditions: a single-dose, randomized, open-label, two-period, two-way crossover study in healthy Jordanian male volunteersBashar A AlKhalidi
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Clin Ther 30:1831-43. 2008..or Streptococcus pneumoniae; acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis due to H influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, M catarrhalis, or S pneumoniae; or community acquired pneumonia due to H influenzae, H parainfluenzae, ..
- Outer membrane protein D15 is conserved among Haemophilus influenzae species and may represent a universal protective antigen against invasive diseaseS M Loosmore
Research Centre, Pasteur Merieux Connaught Canada, North York, Ontario, Canada
Infect Immun 65:3701-7. 1997..influenzae types a, c, d, e, and f and in Haemophilus parainfluenzae. A recombinant D15 (rD15) protein was expressed in good quantity in E...
- Tetrameric repeat units associated with virulence factor phase variation in Haemophilus also occur in Neisseria spp. and Moraxella catarrhalisI R Peak
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK ipeak mobiol ox ac uk
FEMS Microbiol Lett 137:109-14. 1996..three strains of Neisseria meningitidis and one each of Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Neisseria lactamica, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Bordetella pertussis, Bordetella parapertussis, Bordetella bronchiceptica and Moraxella catarrhalis for ..
- Comparisons of subgingival microbial profiles of refractory periodontitis, severe periodontitis, and periodontal health using the human oral microbe identification microarrayAna Paula V Colombo
Department of Medical Microbiology, Institute of Microbiology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Periodontol 80:1421-32. 2009....
- Variability and effects of bronchial colonisation in patients with moderate COPDA Marin
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Carretera de Canyet s n, 08916 Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
Eur Respir J 35:295-302. 2010..38 for IL-1beta (p = 0.001), and of 0.32 for IL-12 (p = 0.006)). Haemophilus parainfluenzae was not associated with an identifiable inflammatory response...
- In vitro activity of cefdinir against respiratory pathogens isolated in Sicily with reference to beta-lactamase productionG Blandino
Institute of Microbiology, University of Catania, Italy
J Chemother 8:193-9. 1996..absorbed aminothiazolyl cephalosporin, was evaluated against all 287 strains of Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Streptococcus pneumoniae and Streptococcus pyogenes in comparison with cefaclor, ..
- [An adult case of haemophilus parainfluenzae bacteremia and meningitis]Ida Kangas
Infektionsmedicinsk Afdeling Q, Arhus Universitetshospital, Skejby, DK 8200 Arhus N, Denmark
Ugeskr Laeger 172:54-5. 2010A case of bacteremia and meningitis caused by Haemophilus parainfluenzae in an adult patient without known immunodeficiency and normal complement system is presented. H...
- [Frequency of Haemophilus spp. in urinary and and genital tract samples]Vladimira Leskovar
Sluzba za mikrobiologiju i laboratorijsku dijagnostiku Zavoda za javno zdravstvo Dr Andrija Stampar, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Med Glas (Zenica) 7:66-71. 2010..To determine the prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility of Haemophilus influenzae and H. parainfluenzae isolated from the urinary and genital tracts...
- Efficacy of fleroxacin versus amoxicillin in acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitisS Chodosh
Veterans Administration Outpatient Clinic, Pulmonary Section, Boston, Massachusetts 02114
Am J Med 94:131S-135S. 1993..One Haemophilus parainfluenzae strain persisted with fleroxacin...
- Antimicrobial characterisation of CEM-101 activity against respiratory tract pathogens, including multidrug-resistant pneumococcal serogroup 19A isolatesDavid J Farrell
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 35:537-43. 2010..n=21; 11 beta-lactamase positive), Haemophilus influenzae (n=100; 48 beta-lactamase positive), Haemophilus parainfluenzae and Haemophilus haemolyticus (n=12), and Legionella pneumophila (n=30)...
- Randomized comparative trial with ampicillin/sulbactam versus cefamandole in the therapy of community acquired pneumoniaD Williams
Department of Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 13:293-8. 1994..7 patients), Haemophilus parainfluenzae (7 vs. 6 patients), Haemophilus influenzae (5 vs. 5 patients), Staphylococcus aureus (5 vs...
- The Italian Epidemiological Survey 1997-1999. Antimicrobial susceptibility data of Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae and Moraxella catarrhalis in ItalyG Nicoletti
Department of Microbiological Sciences, Institute of Microbiology, University of Catania, Via Androne 81, 95124, Catania, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 20:263-9. 2002..From 1997 to 1999, 2028 strains of Haemophilus influenzae and 523 strains of Haemophilus parainfluenzae were collected from 59 Clinical Microbiology Laboratories distributed throughout Italy...
- Organization and sequence of the HpaII restriction-modification system and adjacent genesS Kulakauskas
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, NY 11724
Gene 142:9-15. 1994We report the organization of the HpaII restriction and modification (R-M) system from Haemophilus parainfluenzae (recognition sequence: 5'...CCGG.....
- Evaluation of commercial universal rRNA gene PCR plus sequencing tests for identification of bacteria and fungi associated with infectious endocarditisChristian Kuhn
Department of Thoracic, Transplant and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 49:2919-23. 2011..by PCR, including single infections due to streptococci and Gram-negative bacteria (Escherichia coli, Haemophilus parainfluenzae) and mixed infections involving two Gram-positive bacteria or Candida spp. with Gram-positive bacteria...
- Genetic detection of quinolone resistance in Haemophilus parainfluenzae: Mutations in the quinolone resistance-determining regions of gyrA and parCDennis Ks Law
Vaccine Preventable Bacterial Diseases, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol 21:e20-2. 2010..resistance-determining regions of gyrA and parC of both quinolone-sensitive and quinolone-resistant Haemophilus parainfluenzae strains were amplified and sequenced...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae infective endocarditis associated with pelvic abscess: an uncommon complication of endometriosisT Miquel-Goulenok
Department of Infectious Diseases, CHU Bichat, Paris, France
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 37:324-5. 2010The case of a woman with native mitral valve endocarditis due to Haemophilus parainfluenzae (HPI) associated with a pelvic abscess and endometriosis is reported...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae liver abscess after successful liver transplantationJ Friedl
Department of Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
J Clin Microbiol 36:818-9. 1998b>Haemophilus parainfluenzae was isolated from a bile specimen and from an aspirate of a liver abscess in a 58-year-old liver-transplanted woman that was indicative of an invasion of the graft by an ascending route...
- Pneumatosis intestinalis and mesenteric venous gas - a manifestation of bacterascites in a patient with cirrhosisR K Yellapu
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY, USA
J Postgrad Med 57:42-3. 2011..The patient was found to have bacterascites and recovered after appropriate antibiotic therapy. Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis/bacterascites with gas-forming organisms manifesting as PI has not been previously reported...
- Identification of bacterial DNA in noninfectious pleural fluid with a highly sensitive PCR methodRosa Cremades
Section of Microbiology, Hospital General Universitario, Elche, Spain
Respiration 82:130-5. 2011..Bacterial DNA due to bacterial translocation has been identified in noninfectious ascitic fluid samples...
- [Pancreatic pseudocyst infection caused by Haemophilus parainfluenzae. Report of one case]Mariela Martín-Berra
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital de Torrevieja, Alicante, Espana
Rev Med Chil 139:215-7. 2011..A fine needle aspiration of the cyst revealed the presence of Haemophilus parainfluenzae biotype VIII...
- Acromioclavicular septic arthritis: a case report of a novel pathogenTimothy W Carey
Department of Orthopedics, Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, GA 30905 5650, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 39:134-6. 2010..The most commonly reported causative organism is a Staphylococcus or Streptococcus species. Haemophilus parainfluenzae is a rare cause of septic arthritis in any joint...
- [Laboratory and clinical studies of rokitamycin dry syrup in the field of pediatrics]K Kuno
Department of Pediatrics, Anjo Kosei Hospital
Jpn J Antibiot 41:875-84. 1988..pyogenes 9, Streptococcus pneumoniae 14, Branhamella catarrhalis 4, Haemophilus influenzae 27, Haemophilus parainfluenzae 9, Haemophilus haemolyticus 2, Haemophilus parahaemolyticus 14 and Campylobacter jejuni 1) were compared ..
- Head and neck space infections in infants and childrenK Ungkanont
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 112:375-82. 1995..the anaerobes Bacteroides melaninogenicus (17%) and Veillonella (14%), and the gram-negative organism Haemophilus parainfluenzae (14%). beta-Lactamase production by aerobic pathogens was detected in 22% of cultures...
- [Distribution and drug resistance of the isolated bacteria from children with acute respiratory infection]Jun Guo
Dalian Children s Hospital, Dalian, Liaoning 116012, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 10:579-82. 2008..To study the distribution and drug resistance of the isolated bacteria from children with acute respiratory infection (ARI) in Dalian...
- Molecular characterization of a pre-Columbian mummy and in situ coproliteStefania Luciani
Laboratorio di Archeo Antropologia Molecolare DNA Antico, UNICAM, I 62032 Camerino, Italy
Am J Phys Anthropol 129:620-9. 2006..In particular, we were able to identify the DNA of Haemophylus parainfluenzae, thus suggesting that this recently recognized pathogen was present in precontact Native Americans...
- In vitro investigation of the indirect pathogenicity of beta-lactamase-producing microorganisms in the nasopharyngeal microfloraSatoru Kaieda
Division of Otorhinolaryngology, Department of Translational Medical Science, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:479-85. 2005..In this study, we investigated in vitro on the indirect pathogenicities of Haemophilus parainfluenzae (H. parainfluenzae) and Moraxella catarrhalis (M...
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae mitral prosthetic valve endocarditis in an intravenous drug abuserDavid Choi
Infectious Disease Division, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York 11501, USA
Heart Lung 34:152-4. 2005..parainfluenzae mitral prosthetic valve endocarditis. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of mitral prosthetic valve endocarditis caused by H. parainfluenzae in an intravenous drug abuser...
- Multilocus sequence phylogenetic study of the genus Haemophilus with description of Haemophilus pittmaniae sp. novNiels Nørskov-Lauritsen
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:449-56. 2005..The similarity of sequences of Haemophilus parainfluenzae with those of Haemophilus influenzae suggested preservation of the former species in the genus ..
- Efficacy and safety of pharmacokinetically enhanced amoxicillin-clavulanate at 2,000/125 milligrams twice daily for 5 days versus amoxicillin-clavulanate at 875/125 milligrams twice daily for 7 days in the treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic broncSanjay Sethi
University of Buffalo, 3495 Bailey Ave, Medical Research 151, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:153-60. 2005....
- The efficacy and safety of two oral moxifloxacin regimens compared to oral clarithromycin in the treatment of community-acquired pneumoniaG Hoeffken
University Clinic Carl Gustav Carus Medical Clinic Pneumology, Dresden, Germany
Respir Med 95:553-64. 2001..most frequently isolated pathogens were Streptococcus pneumoniae (42%), Haemophilus influenzae (19%), Haemophilus parainfluenzae (10%), Moraxella catarrhalis (6%), Klebsiella pneumoniae (5%) and Staphylococcus aureus (4%)...
- [Piercing and tattoos in patients with congenital heart disease -- is it a problem?]Ingo Dähnert
Klinik für Kinderkardiologie, Herzzentrum Universität Leipzig, Strümpellstr 39, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Z Kardiol 93:618-23. 2004..aureus in 4 cases, 2 S. epidermidis, 1 Str. viridans, 1 Neisseria mucosa, 1 Haemophilus aphrophilus, 1 Haemophilus parainfluenzae. All patients were treated with antibiotics...
- DNA-based subtypes and antimicrobial susceptibility profiles of Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae isolated from different tonsillar sites of children undergoing tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomyGhassan M Matar
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
J Med Liban 50:157-62. 2002..between DNA-based subtypes and antimicrobial susceptibility profiles on Haemophilus influenzae and Haemophilus parainfluenzae, isolated from multiple tonsillar sites per individual from patients with chronic recurrent tonsillitis ..
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae: an underdiagnosed pathogen of biliary tract infections?J Frankard
Department of Infectious Diseases, Erasme Hospital ULB, Route de Lennik 808, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:46-8. 2004..peritonitis complicating cholecystitis and caused by an uncommon agent of gastrointestinal infections, Haemophilus parainfluenzae. The pathogenic role of this organism in digestive infections, particularly in those of the biliary ..
- HAEMOPHILUS ANTIGEN REGULATION OF INFLAMMATION IN COPDSanjay Sethi; Fiscal Year: 2003..Identification of the integral bacterial and host components that contribute to immune-mediated inflammation in COPD will ultimately lead to novel therapeutic strategies to alter disease progression and improve outcome in COPD. ..
- Haemophilus parainfluenzae and cardiopulmonary diseaseWade A Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Haemophilus parainfluenzae is a Gram-negative pleomorphic bacillus that is found exclusively associated with human hosts...
- Innate Immunity and exacerbations of COPDSanjay Sethi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The overall goal of this research is to identify specific aspects of the innate defense of the lung that determine the frequency of exacerbations in COPD that will serve as potential therapeutic targets to reduce exacerbations. ..