Genomes and Genes
Summary: A genus of gram-positive, spherical bacteria found in soils and fresh water, and frequently on the skin of man and other animals.
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- Micrococcus folliculitis in HIV-1 diseaseK J Smith
Departments of Dermatology and Pathology, National Naval Medical Center, 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20889 5600, USA
Br J Dermatol 141:558-61. 1999..b>Micrococcus species are usually considered normal inhabitants of the skin; however, in patients with HIV-1 disease, ..
- Controlled release of antimicrobial compounds from highly swellable polymersG G Buonocore
Institute of Composite and Biomedical Materials, National Research Center P le Tecchio, 80 80125 Naples, Italy
J Food Prot 67:1190-4. 2004..b>Micrococcus lysodeikticus, Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris, and Saccharomyces cerevisiae were used to test the ..
- Micrococcus-associated central venous catheter infection in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionRonald J Oudiz
Division of Cardiology, Research and Education Institute, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Chest 126:90-4. 2004..of catheter-related infection in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) receiving epoprostenol (EPO), and to note an etiologic role for Micrococcus spp, which is rarely reported as a pathogen in the medical literature.
- Characterization and antioxidative activities of rare C(50) carotenoids-sarcinaxanthin, sarcinaxanthin monoglucoside, and sarcinaxanthin diglucoside-obtained from Micrococcus yunnanensisAyako Osawa
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University
J Oleo Sci 59:653-9. 2010..compounds (sarcinaxanthin monoglucoside and sarcinaxanthin diglucoside) from a moderately halophilic bacterium-Micrococcus yunnanensis strain AOY-1...
- A novel prodigiosin-like immunosuppressant from an alkalophilic Micrococcus spRuchi Pandey
Immunology Section, Cell Biology Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Modular Laboratories, Trombay, Mumbai 400 085, India
Int Immunopharmacol 3:159-67. 2003..to those of prodigiosins, has been isolated for the first time from a bacterium putatively identified as Micrococcus sp...
- Gene cloning and characterization of a cold-adapted β-glucosidase belonging to glycosyl hydrolase family 1 from a psychrotolerant bacterium Micrococcus antarcticusHong Xia Fan
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No 1 West Beichen Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Enzyme Microb Technol 49:94-9. 2011The gene bglU encoding a cold-adapted β-glucosidase (BglU) was cloned from Micrococcus antarcticus. Sequence analysis revealed that the bglU contained an open reading frame of 1419 bp and encoded a protein of 472 amino acid residues...
- A marine bacterium, Micrococcus MCCB 104, antagonistic to vibrios in prawn larval rearing systemsN S Jayaprakash
Centre for Fish Disease Diagnosis and Management, School of Environmental Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Lake Side Campus, Fine Arts Avenue, Cochin 682016 Kerala, India
Dis Aquat Organ 68:39-45. 2005A marine bacterium, Micrococcus MCCB 104, isolated from hatchery water, demonstrated extracellular antagonistic properties against Vibrio alginolyticus, V. parahaemolyticus, V. vulnificus, V. fluviallis, V. nereis, V. proteolyticus, V...
- Biodegradation of cypermethrin by Micrococcus sp. strain CPN 1Preeti N Tallur
Department of Biochemistry, Karnataka University, Dharwad 580003, India
Biodegradation 19:77-82. 2008..utilizing pyrethroid pesticide cypermethrin as sole source of carbon was isolated from soil and identified as a Micrococcus sp...
- Novel actinobacteria from marine spongesNaomi F Montalvo
Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, 701 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 87:29-36. 2005..The only actinobacteria that were obtained in initial culturing attempts were Gordonia, Micrococcus and Brachybacterium spp., none of which were represented in the clone libraries...
- Mva1269I: a monomeric type IIS restriction endonuclease from Micrococcus varians with two EcoRI- and FokI-like catalytic domainsElena Armalyte
Institute of Biotechnology, Graiciuno 8, Vilnius LT 02241, Lithuania
J Biol Chem 280:41584-94. 2005..Our results have implications for the molecular evolution of restriction endonucleases, as well as for perspectives of engineering new restriction and nicking enzymes with asymmetric target sites...
- [Occurrence and number of bacteria from the Micrococcus, Kocuria, Nesterenkonia, Kytococcus and Dermacoccus genera on skin and mucous membranes in humans]Izabela Szczerba
Zakład Mikrobiologii Lekarskiej Uniwersytetu Medycznego w łodzi
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 55:67-74. 2003The aim of work was to evaluate the frequency of occurrence of bacteria from genera of Micrococcus, Kocuria, Nesterenkonia, kytococcus and Dermatococcus on human skin and mucous membranes in healthy population...
- Emended descriptions of the genus Micrococcus, Micrococcus luteus (Cohn 1872) and Micrococcus lylae (Kloos et al. 1974)Monika Wieser
Institut fur Mikrobiologie und Genetik, Universitat Wien, Austria
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 52:629-37. 2002..sequences of three representatives (strains D7, 118 and Ballarat) indicated that they all belong to the genus Micrococcus. The three isolates shared the highest sequence similarities with Micrococcus luteus DSM 20030T (97...
- Micrococcus yunnanensis sp. nov., a novel actinobacterium isolated from surface-sterilized Polyspora axillaris rootsGuo Zhen Zhao
The Key Laboratory for Microbial Resources of the Ministry of Education, and Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bio resources, Yunnan Institute of Microbiology, Yunnan University, Kunming, Yunnan 650091, PR China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:2383-7. 2009..YIM 65004(T), isolated from roots of Polyspora axillaris, was shown to represent a novel species of the genus Micrococcus by means of a polyphasic approach...
- Ecofriendly degradation of sulfonated diazo dye C.I. Reactive Green 19A using Micrococcus glutamicus NCIM-2168R G Saratale
Department of Biochemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India
Bioresour Technol 100:3897-905. 2009b>Micrococcus glutamicus NCIM-2168 exhibited complete decolorization and degradation of C.I. Reactive Green 19A (an initial concentration of 50 mg l(-1)) within 42 h at temperature 37 degrees C and pH 8, under static condition...
- A 50-kb plasmid rich in mobile gene sequences isolated from a marine micrococcusZhenping Zhong
Division of Biology and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0322, USA
Plasmid 47:1-9. 2002A 50,709-bp cryptic plasmid isolated from a marine Micrococcus has been sequenced and found to contain a number of putative mobile genetic elements...
- [Susceptibility to antibiotics of bacteria from genera Micrococcus, Kocuria, Nesterenkonia, Kytococcus and Dermacoccus]Izabela Szczerba
Zakład Mikrobiologii Lekarskiej Uniwersytetu Medycznego w łodzi
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 55:75-80. 2003Two hundred and nineteen strains from genera Micrococcus, Kocuria, Nesterenkonia, Kytococcus and Dermacoccus isolated from different sources, such as saliva, skin of palm and forearm and from vestibule of nose were tested...
- Biosynthetic elongation of isolated teichuronic acid polymers via glucosyl- and N-acetylmannosaminuronosyltransferases from solubilized cytoplasmic membrane fragments of Micrococcus luteusK M Hildebrandt
Department of Biochemistry, College of Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108
J Bacteriol 172:5160-4. 1990Cytoplasmic membrane fragments of Micrococcus luteus catalyze in vitro biosynthesis of teichuronic acid from uridine diphosphate D-glucose (UDP-glucose), uridine diphosphate N-acetyl-D-mannosaminuronic acid (UDP-ManNAcA), and uridine ..
- Expression and bioactivity of recombinant human lysozyme in the milk of transgenic miceZ Yu
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, People s Republic of China
J Dairy Sci 89:2911-8. 2006..This work will certainly permit a better understanding of how mammary gland bioreactor systems can be applied to produce rHlys in other mammals, such as cattle...
- First report of linear megaplasmids in the genus MicrococcusJulian R Dib
Planta Piloto de Procesos Industriales Microbiológicos CONICET, Av Belgrano y Pje Caseros, 4000 Tucuman, Argentina
Plasmid 63:40-5. 2010..b>Micrococcus sp...
- Kytococcus sedentarius (formerly Micrococcus sedentarius) and Dermacoccus nishinomiyaensis (formerly Micrococcus nishinomiyaensis) produce monensins, typical Streptomyces cinnamonensis metabolitesS Pospisil
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 44:1007-11. 1998..The secondary metabolism of micrococci demonstrates a high degree of instability. Biosynthesis of monensins by micrococci endorses a phylogenetic relationship to Streptomyces spp...
- Micrococcus infection in patients receiving epoprostenol by continuous infusionR L Yap
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:704-5. 2003
- Monitoring quality of flexible endoscope disinfection by microbiologic surveillance culturesAnuradha Tunuguntla
East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, USA
Tenn Med 97:453-6. 2004..The purpose of this study is to assess the adequacy of currently approved high-level disinfection (HLD) for flexible endoscopes, by reviewing retrospectively the results of environmental cultures on the endoscopes, which were ready to use...
- Predominant microflora of downgraded Danish bulk tank milkC Holm
Danish Dairy Board, Department of Veterinary and Milk Quality, Frederiks Allé, Arhus C, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 87:1151-7. 2004..Coryneforms, other gram-positive rods, Lactococcus spp., Micrococcus spp., and coagulase-negative Staphylococcus spp. were found in 28 to 53% of the samples. Bacillus spp...
- Antimicrobial activity of honokiol and magnolol isolated from Magnolia officinalisK Y Ho
Graduate Institute of Dental Sciences and Department of Periodontics, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Phytother Res 15:139-41. 2001..25 microg/mL) against Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia, Micrococcus luteus and Bacillus subtilis, but did not show antimicrobial activity (MIC > or = 100 microg/mL) for Shigella ..
- Chemotaxonomic identification of single bacteria by micro-Raman spectroscopy: application to clean-room-relevant biological contaminationsPetra Rosch
Institut fur Physikalische Chemie, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Helmholtzweg 4, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:1626-37. 2005....
- Microbiological quality of broiler carcasses during processing in two slaughterhouses in TurkeyE O Goksoy
Adnan Menderes University Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Food Science and Technology, Bati Kampusu, Isikli Koyu Aydin, Turkey
Poult Sci 83:1427-32. 2004..6 and 31.1% at plants 1 and 2, respectively. Although a high proportion of microorganisms were removed from carcasses during processing, dissemination of Salmonella spp. was found to be unavoidable...
- Expression of Japanese flounder c-type lysozyme cDNA in insect cellsS Minagawa
Laboratory of Genetics and Biochemistry, Department of Aquatic Biosciences, Tokyo University of Fisheries, Konan 4-5-7, Minato-ku, 108-8477, Tokyo, Japan
Dev Comp Immunol 25:439-45. 2001..This latter characteristic may help explain the fact that these two bacterial species are responsible for significant disease problems in cultured Japanese flounder...
- Detection and localization of a peptidoglycan hydrolase in Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricusO J Kang
Faculty des Sciences de l Agriculture et de l Alimentation, Centre de Richerche en Sciences et Technologie du Lait, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada, G1K 7P4
J Dairy Sci 86:96-104. 2003..by analysis of bacterial extracts on denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis containing lyophilized Micrococcus lysodeikticus cells as substrate...
- Importance of Gram-positive naphthalene-degrading bacteria in oil-contaminated tropical marine sedimentsW Q Zhuang
Environmental Engineering Research Centre, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 639798
Lett Appl Microbiol 36:251-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to isolate, characterize and evaluate the importance of naphthalene-degrading bacterial strains from oil-contaminated tropical marine sediments...
- Influence of some formulation parameters on lysozyme adsorption and on its stability in solutionA Malzert
ERIT M 0104 Ingénierie de la Vectorisation Particulaire, Immeuble IBT, 10, rue André Boquel, 49100, Angers, France
Int J Pharm 242:405-9. 2002..Moreover, buffers or salt solution must be used in order to keep intact the native secondary conformation of lysozyme, and preserve its enzymatic activity...
- Biosorption and desorption of copper (II) ions by Bacillus spWaihung Lo
Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology and the Open Laboratory of Chiral Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong SAR
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 105:581-91. 2003..It can be concluded that the activated sludge or sludge-isolated bacteria could be a potential biosorbent for copper removal...
- Evaluation of diagnostic procedures for subclinical mastitis in meat-producing sheepArchie C A Clements
Department of Farm Animal Medicine and Production, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Glasgow G61 1QH
J Dairy Res 70:139-48. 2003....
- Isolation of naphthalene-degrading bacteria from tropical marine sedimentsW Q Zhuang
Environmental Engineering Research Center, School of Civil and Structural Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 639798
Water Sci Technol 47:303-8. 2003..are phenotypically and phylogenetically different from each other, and belong to the genera Staphylococcus and Micrococcus, respectively. Strains MN-005 and MN-006 had maximal specific growth rates (micro(max)) of 0.082 +/- 0...
- Combining denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis of 16S rDNA V3 region and 16S-23S rDNA spacer region polymorphism analyses for the identification of staphylococci from Italian fermented sausagesGiuseppe Blaiotta
Dipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Sezione di Microbiologia Agraria, Alimentare, Ambientale e di Igiene, Stazione di Microbiologia Industriale, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Portici, Italy
Syst Appl Microbiol 26:423-33. 2003..of 25 staphylococcal reference strains and 96 wild strains of species belonging to the genera Staphylococcus, Micrococcus and Kocuria were analyzed. PCR-DGGE profiles obtained were species-specific for S. sciuri, S. haemolyticus, S...
- Molecular cloning, expression and evolution of the Japanese flounder goose-type lysozyme gene, and the lytic activity of its recombinant proteinJ Hikima
Laboratory of Genetics and Biochemistry, Department of Aquatic Biosciences, Tokyo University of Fisheries, Konan 4-5-7, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8477, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1520:35-44. 2001..0 and 25 degrees C, possessed lytic activity against Micrococcus lysodeikticus and several fish pathogenic bacteria...
- Comparison of the microbicidal and muramidase activities of mouse lysozyme M and PPhilipp Markart
Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Klinik II, Klinikstrasse 36, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Biochem J 380:385-92. 2004..This outcome suggests that disruption of both M and P loci would significantly increase susceptibility to airway infections, particularly those associated with colonization by Gram-positive organisms...
- Identification, molecular biotyping and ultrastructural studies of bacterial communities isolated from two damaged frescoes of St Damian's Monastery in AssisiA Radaelli
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
Lett Appl Microbiol 38:447-53. 2004..To investigate the composition of the microbial community in biodeterioration of two frescoes in St Damian's Monastery in Assisi...
- Nutrient substrates used by bacterial isolates from the poultry processing environmentD D Hale Boothe
USDA, Richard B Russell Agricultural Research Center, Athens, Georgia 30604, USA
Poult Sci 81:1392-405. 2002..These substrate utilization profiles of bacteria isolated from the poultry processing environment are a useful reference for selecting nutrients for the growth or control of these bacteria, especially pathogens...
- Selection of bacteria and plant seeds for potential use in the remediation of diesel contaminated soilsZiad Al-Ghazawi
Department of Civil Engineering, College of Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid 22110, Jordan
J Basic Microbiol 45:251-6. 2005..Biochemical examination of the recovered bacteria revealed that they mainly belonged to the genus Pseudomonas, Micrococcus and Bacillus...
- Purification of a lysozyme from skin secretions of Bufo andrewsiYu Zhao
Department of Animal Toxinology, Kunming Institute of Zoology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Yunnan, China
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 142:46-52. 2006..The specific lytic activity against Micrococcus lysodeikticus of BA-lysozyme is 2.7 x 10(5) units/mg, indicating that it is a potent lysozyme...
- Microbiological changes in naturally fermented cassava fish (Pseudotolithus sp.) for lanhouin productionV B Anihouvi
Département de Nutrition et Sciences Alimentaires, Faculté des Sciences Agronomiques, Université d Abomey Calavi, Cotonou, Benin
Int J Food Microbiol 116:287-91. 2007..A total of 224 isolates belonging to the genera Bacillus, Staphylococcus, Micrococcus, Streptococcus, Corynebacterim, Pseudomonas, Achromobacter and Alcaligenes were isolated from the fermenting ..
- Culturable airborne bacteria in outdoor environments in Beijing,ChinaZhiguo Fang
State Key Laboratory of Urban and Regional Ecology, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Microb Ecol 54:487-96. 2007..In this study, 165 species in 47 genera of culturable bacteria were identified. Micrococcus was one of the most dominant bacterial groups and contributed to approximately 20 approximately 30% of the ..
- Protein complexed with chondroitin sulfate in poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microspheresEun Seong Lee
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Biomaterials 28:2754-62. 2007..These results show that CsA is a viable candidate for long-acting micro-particular protein delivery...
- Digestive function of lysozyme in synanthropic acaridid mites enables utilization of bacteria as a food sourceTomas Erban
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Charles University, Vinicna 7, Praha, Czech Republic
Exp Appl Acarol 44:199-212. 2008..We show that the digestion of fluorescein-labeled Micrococcus lysodeikticus cells began in ventriculus and continued during the passage of a food bolus through the gut...
- The antimicrobial effects of chopped garlic in ground beef and raw meatball (ciğ köfte)Ali Aydin
Department of Food Hygiene and Technology, Istanbul University Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
J Med Food 10:203-7. 2007..The effects of garlic on the microbial growth of both coliforms and Staphylococcus/Micrococcus in the samples kept at room temperature were increased...
- Antimicrobial activity of immobilized lysozyme on plasma-treated polyethylene filmsA Conte
Department of Food Science, University of Foggia, Via Napoli, 25 71100 Foggia, Italy
J Food Prot 71:119-25. 2008..enzyme was checked, and the antimicrobial activity of the films was investigated by observing the death rate of Micrococcus lysodeikticus cells suspended in phosphate buffer in contact with the films...
- Lytic antimicrobial activity of hen egg white lysozyme immobilized to polystyrene beadsY Wu
Dept of Food Science and Technology, Oregon State Univ, 100 Wiegand Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Food Sci 72:M369-74. 2007..21 mg/g resin) displayed the greatest degree of hydrolytic activity against lyophilized Micrococcus lysodeikticus cell wall preparations. Enzymatic activity of immobilized lysozyme was 14...
- Influence of end groups on in vitro release and biological activity of lysozyme from a phase-sensitive smart polymer-based in situ gel forming controlled release drug delivery systemSumit Chhabra
Department of Pharmacy Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Int J Pharm 342:72-7. 2007..Biological activity of lysozyme was studied by an enzyme activity assay using Micrococcus lysodeikticus as substrate...
- Rapid, room-temperature synthesis of antibacterial bionanocomposites of lysozyme with amorphous silica or titaniaHeather R Luckarift
Air Force Research Laboratory, Airbase Technologies Division, 139 Barnes Drive, Suite 2, Tyndall Air Force Base, FL 32403, USA
Small 2:640-3. 2006
- Cloth colorization caused by microbial biofilmYuki Tsuchiya
Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, Noji higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 64:216-22. 2008..during incubation, and bacterial strains belonging to the genera Bacillus, Brevibacterium, Kocuria, Micrococcus and Staphylococcus were isolated from the yellow-colored parts...
- Differences in the effects of solution additives on heat- and refolding-induced aggregationHiroyuki Hamada
Institute of Applied Physics, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biotechnol Prog 24:436-43. 2008..This preference of additives to protein surfaces is the cause of the different effect on aggregation suppression...
- Cell wall substrate specificity of six different lysozymes and lysozyme inhibitory activity of bacterial extractsDorothy Nakimbugwe
Laboratory of Food Microbiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
FEMS Microbiol Lett 259:41-6. 2006..lysozymes for peptidoglycan substrates obtained by extraction of a number of gram-negative bacteria and Micrococcus lysodeikticus with chloroform/Tris-HCl buffer (chloroform/buffer)...
- Isolation and in vitro antibacterial activity of astilbin, the bioactive flavanone from the leaves of Harungana madagascariensis Lam. ex Poir. (Hypericaceae)B Moulari
Laboratoire de Galénique et Biopharmacie, EA 3924 Sciences Séparatives et Biopharmaceutiques, UFR Sciences Médicales et Pharmaceutiques, Universite de Franche Comte, Place Saint Jacques, 25030 Besancon Cedex, France
J Ethnopharmacol 106:272-8. 2006..The minimal inhibitory quantity (MIQs) of astilbin ranged from 50 to 100 microg...
- Monosize poly(glycidyl methacrylate) beads for dye-affinity purification of lysozymeEvrim Banu Altıntas
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry Division, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Biol Macromol 38:99-106. 2006..Purification of lysozyme was monitored by determining the lysozyme activity using Micrococcus lysodeikticus as substrate...
- Immobilization of lysozyme on polyvinylalcohol films for active packaging applicationsA Conte
Department of Food Science, University of Foggia, Italy
J Food Prot 69:866-70. 2006..With the use of Micrococcus lysodeikticus, the antimicrobial activity of the films was determined and the results correlated with the ..
- Minimizing the workup of blood culture contaminants: implementation and evaluation of a laboratory-based algorithmS S Richter
Medical Microbiology Division, Department of Pathology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:2437-44. 2002..that are often considered contaminants (coagulase-negative staphylococci, aerobic and anaerobic diphtheroids, Micrococcus spp., Bacillus spp., and viridans group streptococci) when isolated from blood cultures...
- The mode of action of the lantibiotic lacticin 3147--a complex mechanism involving specific interaction of two peptides and the cell wall precursor lipid IIImke Wiedemann
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitolog, Pharmaceutical Microbiology Unit, University of Bonn, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
Mol Microbiol 61:285-96. 2006..The resulting lipid II:LtnA1 complex is then able to recruit LtnA2 which leads to a high-affinity, three-component complex and subsequently inhibition of cell wall biosynthesis combined with pore formation...
- Alkaliphilic and halophilic hydrocarbon-utilizing bacteria from Kuwaiti coasts of the Arabian GulfH al-Awadhi
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:183-6. 2007..ribonucleic acid sequences, belonged to the following genera arranged in decreasing frequences: Marinobacter, Micrococcus, Dietzia, Bacillus, Oceanobacillus, and Citricoccus...
- Photocatalytic inhibition of microbial adhesion by anodized titaniumJudy Gopal
Corrosion Science and Technology Division, Materials Characterization Group, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam 603 102, India
Biofouling 20:167-75. 2004..The anodised surfaces were exposed to liquid cultures of Gram-negative Pseudomonas sp., Gram-positive Micrococcus sp. and to a mixed algal culture...
- Getting closer to the real bacterial cell wall target: biomolecular interactions of water-soluble lipid II with glycopeptide antibioticsPauline J Vollmerhaus
Department of Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry, Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research and Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Sorbonnelaan 16, The Netherlands
Chemistry 9:1556-65. 2003..with the membrane-embedded lipid II, and 3) minimum inhibitory concentrations against the indicator strain Micrococcus flavus...
- In vitro and in vivo protein delivery from in situ forming poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(lactide) hydrogelsChristine Hiemstra
Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, Institute for Biomedical Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
J Control Release 119:320-7. 2007..The therapeutic effect of rhIL-2 loaded stereocomplexed hydrogels was retarded for approximately 1-2 weeks compared to free rhIL-2, most likely due to a slow, constant release of rhIL-2 from the hydrogels...
- A new kinetic scheme for lysozyme refolding and aggregationA Mark Buswell
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Cambridge, Pembroke Street, Cambridge CB2 3RA United Kingdom
Biotechnol Bioeng 83:567-77. 2003..The new kinetic scheme gave a good a priori prediction of fed-batch refolding performance...
- Charge-directed targeting of antimicrobial protein-nanoparticle conjugatesRohan Satishkumar
Department of Bioengineering, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina 29634, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 100:403-12. 2008..In the case of bacterial lysis assay with a Gram-positive bacteria Micrococcus lysodeikticus, activity of lysozyme conjugated to positively charged nanoparticles was approximately twice as ..
- Clearing of suspensions of Micrococcus lysodeikticus catalysed by lysozymes from hen, goose, and turkey egg whites, human milk, and phage T4. Assessment of potential as signal generators for homogeneous enzyme immunoassays for urinary steroidsDelwyn G Cooke
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Immunoassay Immunochem 28:67-90. 2007..phage T4 and human milk were compared with hen egg white lysozyme in their ability to clear a suspension of Micrococcus lysodeikticus...
- Tuning linear copolymers into protein-specific hostsSebastian J Koch
Philipps Universitat Marburg, Fachbereich Chemie, Hans Meerwein Strasse, 35032 Marburg, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:6352-5. 2006
- Ultrasonic synthesis of stable, functional lysozyme microbubblesFrancesca Cavalieri
Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Langmuir 24:10078-83. 2008....
- Successful control of aggregation and folding rates during refolding of denatured lysozyme by adding N-methylimidazolium cations with various N'-substituentsSatoshi Yamaguchi
Department of Bioengineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Center for NanoBio Integration CNBI, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8656, Japan
Biotechnol Prog 24:402-8. 2008....
- Interaction of calmodulin with lactoferrinA de Lillo
Departamento de Biologia Funcional, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
FEBS Lett 298:195-8. 1992..The binding of calmodulin to lactoferrin blocked the ability of lactoferrin to agglutinate Micrococcus lysodeikticus.
- Resonance scattering spectra of micrococcus lysodeikticus and its application to assay of lysozyme activityZhi Liang Jiang
Department of Material Science and Chemical Engineering, Guilin University of Technology, Guilin 541004, China
Clin Chim Acta 376:136-41. 2007..However, there is no report about the resonance scattering spectral (RSS) assay, which is based on the catalytic effect of lysozyme on the hydrolysis of micrococcus lysodeikticus (ML) and its resonance scattering effect.
- Do co-spray dried excipients offer better lysozyme stabilisation than single excipients?Wendy L Hulse
Drug Delivery Group, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Richmond Road, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 33:294-305. 2008..Under the conditions employed mannitol/trehalose systems stabilise lysozyme more effectively than single excipient systems due to their ability to form amorphous products...
- In vitro study of lysozyme in poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microspheres with sucrose acetate isobutyrateEun Seong Lee
Pharmaceutical and Health Research Institute, Amore Pacific Corporation R and D Center, 314 1, Bora dong, Giheung gu, Yongin si, Gyeonggi Do 446 729, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharm Sci 29:435-41. 2006..When it is considered that degradation products of SAIB are inactive for labile proteins, SAIB may be regarded as a promising candidate for long-acting protein delivery...
- Determination of lysozyme activity by a fluorescence technique in comparison with the classical turbidity assayR Helal
Institute of Pharmacy, Free University of Berlin, Germany
Pharmazie 63:415-9. 2008..The turbidimetric assay was performed using a 0.36 mg/ml Micrococcus lysodeikticus suspension and a microtiter plate reader capable of analyzing enzyme kinetics at 450 nm, and the ..
- [Phylogenetic diversity of culturable bacteria in the ancient salt deposits of the Yipinglang Salt Mine, P. R. China]Yi Guang Chen
Yunnan Institute of Microbiology and Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bio resources, Yunnan University, Kunming 650091, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 47:571-7. 2007..Chromohalobacter, Dietzia, Erythrobacter, Exiguobacterium, Halomonas, Idiomarina, Kocuria, Marinobacter, Micrococcus, Paracoccus, Planomicrbium, Porphyrobacter, Pseudomonas, Psychrobacter, Roseivivax, Saccharospirillum, ..
- Biodegradation of international jet A-1 aviation fuel by microorganisms isolated from aircraft tank and joint hydrant storage systemsA Y Itah
University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 83:318-27. 2009..The isolates were Bacillus subtillis, Bacillus megaterium, Flavobacterium oderatum, Sarcina flava, Micrococcus varians, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus cereus and Bacillus brevis...
- Antibiotic resistance patterns of aerobic coryneforms and furazolidone-resistant Gram-positive cocci from the skin surface of the human axilla and fourth toe cleftE A Eady
The Skin Research Centre, Division of Microbiology, School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 46:205-13. 2000..The majority (76%) of FURECs were identified as Micrococcus luteus...
- Specific spoilage organisms in breweries and laboratory media for their detectionL Jespersen
Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Department of Dairy and Food Science, Food Microbiology, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Int J Food Microbiol 33:139-55. 1996..malefermentans and L. parabuchneri and the pediococci: P damnosus, P. inopinatus and P. dextrinicus. Micrococcus kristinae is the only species within the micrococci relevant to brewing...
- Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding the major peptidoglycan hydrolase of Lactococcus lactis, a muramidase needed for cell separationG Buist
Department of Genetics, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 177:1554-63. 1995..Escherichia coli transformants for cell wall lysis activity on a medium containing autoclaved, lyophilized Micrococcus lysodeikticus cells. In cell extracts of L. lactis MG1363 and several halo-producing E...
- Survival of Campylobacter jejuni under conditions of atmospheric oxygen tension with the support of Pseudomonas sppFriederike Hilbert
Institute of Meat Hygiene, Meat Technology and Food Science, Department for Farm Animals and Veterinary Public Health, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:5911-7. 2010..Proteus mirabilis, Citrobacter freundii, Micrococcus luteus, and Enterococcus faecalis were studied...
- Screening of some Kenyan medicinal plants for antibacterial activityCyrus G Wagate
Department of Public Health, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi, P O Box 29053 00625, Nairobi, Kenya
Phytother Res 24:150-3. 2010..four medically important bacterial strains, namely: Bacillus cereus ATCC 11778, Escherichia coli ATCC 25922, Micrococcus lutea ATCC 9341 and Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 27853...
- Bacterial dynamics associated with algal antibacterial substances during post harvest desiccation process of Sargassum stolonifolium Phang et YoshidaCharles Santhanaraju Vairappan
Borneo Marine Research Institute, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Locked Bag 2073, Kota Kinabalu, 88999 Sabah, Malaysia
Indian J Exp Biol 41:837-45. 2003..Six species of bacteria were isolated and identified, i.e. Azomonas punctata, Azomonas sp., Escherichia coli, Micrococcus sp., Proteus vulgaris and Vibrio alginolyticus...
- Bacterial diversity of a soil sample from Schirmacher Oasis, AntarcticaS Shivaji
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 50:525-36. 2004..from the same site were identified as belonging to the genera Pseudomonas, Sphingobacterium, Arthrobacter, Micrococcus, Brevondimonas, Rhodococcus and Microbacterium...
- Diversity of root associated microorganisms of selected medicinal plants and influence of rhizomicroorganisms on the antimicrobial property of Coriandrum sativumS Tamilarasi
Department of Biotechnology, Dr R V Arts and Science College, Karamadai, Coimbatore 641 104, India
J Environ Biol 29:127-34. 2008..Among the bacteria the dominant species was Bacillus followed by Pseudomonas, Enterobacter, Corynebacterium, Micrococcus and Serratia...
- [Erythromycin ethylsuccinate obtaining possibilities]Cătălina Daniela Stan
Disciplina de Industria Medicamentului si Biotehnologii Farmaceutice, Facultatea de Farmacie, Universitatea de Medicină si Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 112:1104-9. 2008..In this study we tried to improve the erythromycin ethylsuccinate obtaining, having in view to separate the erythromycin ester by crystallization in water...
- Microbiological characteristics of "androlla", a Spanish traditional pork sausageMaría C García Fontán
Area de Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Facultad de Ciencias de Orense, Universidad de Vigo, 32004 Orense, Spain
Food Microbiol 24:52-8. 2007..capitis and Staph. saprophyticus were isolated in very low proportions. Among the Micrococcaceae, Micrococcus luteus predominated, followed by Micrococcus lylae, Kocuria varians and Kocuria kristinae...
- Natural resistance of rose petals to microbial attackWenluo Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 46:381-93. 2011..antimicrobial activities against four species of Gram-positive bacteria (Bacillus cereus, Bacillus subtilis, Micrococcus luteus and Staphylococcus aureus), five species of Gram-negative bacteria (Enterobacter aerogenes, Escherichia ..
- Antimicrobial activity of iodoquinol 1%-hydrocortisone acetate 2% gel against ciclopirox and clotrimazoleBruce P Burnett
Primus Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA
Cutis 82:273-80. 2008..5% were assessed for their antimicrobial activity against cultures of Micrococcus luteus, Propionibacterium acnes, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, ..
- Defensin of the zebra mussel (Dreissena polymorpha): molecular structure, in vitro expression, antimicrobial activity, and potential functionsWei Xu
Department of Pathobiology and Diagnostic Investigation, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Mol Immunol 47:2138-47. 2010..Bacillus megaterium ATCC14581, Carnobacterium maltaromaticum ATCC27865, Enterococcus faecalis ATCC19433, and Micrococcus leteus ATCC4698), and the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Antimicrobial activity and pollen composition of honey samples collected from different provinces in TurkeyNazime Mercan
Faculty of Science and Arts, Department of Biology, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Nat Prod Res 21:187-95. 2007..aureus ATCC 25923, Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 27853, Klebsiella pneumoniae ATCC 27736, Morganella morganii, Micrococcus luteus NRRL B-4375, Escherichia coli ATCC 35218, and Candida albicans...
- Bacteriolytic activities of the free-living soil amoebae, Acanthamoeba castellanii, Acanthamoeba polyphaga and Hartmannella vermiformisP H Weekers
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 68:237-43. 1995..Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus subtilis, Chromatium vinosum, Micrococcus luteus and Pseudomonas fluorescens were more easily lysed than the other bacteria tested...
- Differential activation of the NF-kappaB-like factors Relish and Dif in Drosophila melanogaster by fungi and Gram-positive bacteriaMarika Hedengren-Olcott
Department of Zoology, Oregon State University, 220 Nash Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Biol Chem 279:21121-7. 2004..In Relish mutants, the Cecropin A gene was induced by the G(+) bacteria Micrococcus luteus and Staphylococcus aureus, but not by other G(+) or G(-) bacteria...
- Culturable bacteria present in the fluid of the hooded-pitcher plant Sarracenia minor based on 16S rDNA gene sequence dataAlex J Siragusa
Department of Biology, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Microb Ecol 54:324-31. 2007..The Actinobacteria Micrococcus was also abundant while Bacillus, Lactococcus, Chryseobacterium, and Rhodococcus were infrequently encountered...
- Production of a mixture of antimicrobial organic acids from lactose by co-culture of Bifidobacterium longum and Propionibacterium freudenreichiiM Taniguchi
Department of Materials Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 62:1522-7. 1998..of standard solutions of three organic acids (lactic, acetic, and propionic acids) were compared using Micrococcus luteus, Pseudomonas sp. and Staphylococcus aureus as test microorganisms...
- Autolytic activity and pediocin-induced lysis in Pediococcus acidilactici and Pediococcus pentosaceus strainsD Mora
Department of Food Science and Microbiology, University of Milano, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 94:561-70. 2003..To evaluate the autolytic phenotype of Pediococcus acidilactici and P. pentosaceus, the peptidoglycan hydrolases content and the effect of pediocin AcH/PA-1 and autolysins on cell lysis...
- Stability of microbial communities in goat milk during a lactation year: molecular approachesCécile Callon
INRA Unité de Recherches Fromagères URF545, INRA, 36 rue de Salers, 15000 Aurillac, France
Syst Appl Microbiol 30:547-60. 2007..Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus simulans, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus equorum, Micrococcus sp., Kocuria sp...
- Micrococcus luteus and Pseudomonas species as probiotics for promoting the growth performance and health of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticusAzza M Abd El-Rhman
Fish Disease Department, Central Laboratory for Aquaculture Research CLAR, Abbassa, Abu Hammad, Sharkia, Egypt
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:175-80. 2009b>Micrococcus luteus and Pseudomonas species were isolated from the gonads and intestine of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus. M. luteus and Ps...
- Indoor and outdoor airborne bacteria in child day-care centers in Edirne City (Turkey), seasonal distribution and influence of meteorological factorsHalide Aydogdu
Food Technology Programme, Trakya University Arda Vocational College, 22030, Edirne, Turkey
Environ Monit Assess 164:53-66. 2010..Staphylococcus (39.16%), Bacillus (18.46%), Corynebacterium (16.25%), and Micrococcus (7.21%) were dominant among the genera identified in the present study...
- Accelerated solvent extraction of animal feedingstuffs for microbial growth inhibition screening for the presence of antimicrobial feed additivesH C Higgins
Chemical Surveillance Department, Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland, Veterinary Sciences Division, Stoney Road, Belfast BT4 3SD, UK
Food Addit Contam 19:819-28. 2002..One of the plate systems (Micrococcus luteus ATCC 10240, nutrient agar) detected all five additives...
- Differential transcriptomic responses of Biomphalaria glabrata (Gastropoda, Mollusca) to bacteria and metazoan parasites, Schistosoma mansoni and Echinostoma paraensei (Digenea, Platyhelminthes)Coen M Adema
Center for Evolutionary and Theoretical Immunology, Biology MSC03 2020, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Mol Immunol 47:849-60. 2010..were recorded at 12h post-wounding, exposure to Gram negative or Gram positive bacteria (Escherichia coli and Micrococcus luteus, respectively), or infection with compatible trematode parasites (Schistosoma mansoni or Echinostoma ..
- Detection and characterization of a bacteriocin produced by Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris R isolated from radishZ Yildirim
Department of Food Science and Arkansas Biotechnology Center, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72704, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 26:297-304. 1998..many food-borne pathogenic and food spoilage bacteria such as Clostridium, Staphylococcus, Listeria, Bacillus, Micrococcus, Enterococcus, Lactobacillus, Leuconostoc, Streptococcus and Pediococcus spp...
- Inhibition tests for detection and presumptive identification of tetracyclines, beta-lactam antibiotics and quinolones in poultry meatL Okerman
Department of Veterinary Food Inspection, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
Food Addit Contam 18:385-93. 2001A combination of three plates, seeded with strains of Micrococcus luteus, Bacillus cereus or Escherichia coli, can be used for detection of residues of beta-lactam antibiotics, tetracyclines and fluoroquinolones...
- L-methionine degradation potentialities of cheese-ripening microorganismsP Bonnarme
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Laboratoire de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Res 68:663-74. 2001..b>Micrococcus lutens and Staphylococcus equorum of technological interest for cheese-ripening...
- CHIROPTICAL SPECTROSCOPY OF METALLOPROTEINSPhilip Stephens; Fiscal Year: 1990..proteins: Desulfovibrio vulgaris hydrogenase, Klebsiella pneumoniae pyruvate-flavodoxin oxidoreductase, and Micrococcus aerogenes ferredoxin and the nickel-iron-sulfur enzyme: Azotobacter vinelandii hydrogenase...
- In Search of Mannolipid Intermediate FlippasesCharles J Waechter; Fiscal Year: 2013..and mannosylphosphoryldolichol, two mannolipid intermediates in the assembly of the lipomannan of Micrococcus luteus...
- INCORPORATION OF NON-NATURAL AMINO ACIDS INTO PROTEINSPierre LeBlanc; Fiscal Year: 2000The goal of this study is to develop the use of cell free extracts from Micrococcus luteus for the introduction of novel amino acids into proteins...
- Role of Rpf Homologues in M tuberculosis ReactivationJoAnn Tufariello; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Micrococcus luteus is, like Mtb, a bacterium with a GC-rich genome, and is able, upon extended and unagitated incubation of ..
- M.tuberculosis Rpfs: Modulators of ReactivationJoAnn Tufariello; Fiscal Year: 2007..Mtb encodes five genes with homology to the resuscitation-promoting factor (Rpf) of Micrococcus luteus...
- Cellular Immune Response of Mosquitoes to PathogensJULIAN HILLYER; Fiscal Year: 2003..In understanding the immune response mounted by different insect species and strains toward pathogens, it may be possible to manipulate existing vectors to make the parasite/vector biologic interplay incompatible. ..
- Novel Methods to Identify Targets of the Neurological Agent (R)-LacosamideHarold Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2009..Delineation of these sites will provide a basis for understanding the mechanism of (R)-2 function and maximizing its therapeutic potential and may provide new information for the control of both neurological disorders. ..
- Anti-pathogen responses in Biomphalaria glabrataCOENRAAD ADEMA; Fiscal Year: 2008..Any data forthcoming from the ongoing B. glabrata genome sequencing will further facilitate this study of immune function of B. glabrata in the context of transmission of schistosomiasis. ..
- Mosquito-malaria interactions in the hemocoelJULIAN HILLYER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding the mechanisms used by parasites to complete their life cycle inside the vector, and the mechanisms used by the vector to kill parasites, may lead to novel transmission control strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Metal-Regulatory Factor 1 (MTF-1) Role in Development and Stress ResponseMATTHEW JENNY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interactions Between Olive Leaf Extract and HIV DrugsSylvia Lee Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..We hope that this information will provide an important knowledge base for anti-HIV therapy of OLE alone or in combination with HAART, as well as contribute to our understanding of viral pathogenesis. ..
- Anti-pathogen responses in Biomphalaria glabrataCOENRAAD M ADEMA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Any data forthcoming from the ongoing B. glabrata genome sequencing will further facilitate this study of immune function of B. glabrata in the context of transmission of schistosomiasis ..
- INNATE HOST DEFENSE IN THE HUMAN VAGINATomas Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MODE OF ACTION OF BICYCLOMYCINHarold Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2003..These investigations will provide the molecular basis to define novel pathways for bacterial control. ..
- THE ROLE OF INFLAMMATION IN ANEMIA OF THE ELDERLYTomas Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study is designed to find how inflammation causes anemia in the elderly and how the disease processes are changed by available treatments. ..
- Feasibility and Pilot Efficacy of Flash-heated Breastmilk to Reduce Pediatric HIVCaroline Chantry; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Design/Advanced Electrostatic Sampler for Total BioaerosolsGediminas Mainelis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research findings and practical recommendations developed in this research will be disseminated to stakeholders through internet, national and international conferences and workshops. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The role of hemojuvelin in the regulation of iron metabolismTomas Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of Portable Samplers for Viable BioaerosolsGediminas Mainelis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Future directions of this research will be development of a portable bioaerosol sampler, sampling characteristics of which follow conventions for inhalable, thoracic and respirable particles. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CISPLATIN RESISTANCE DUE TO LOSS OF DNA MISMATCH REPAIRStephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, it is very likely that the mechanisms underlying the DDP-induced mutagenicity will be of fundamental importance to understanding the genomic instability produced by many types of cellular injury. ..
- Human Defensins in Phagocytes and EpitheliaTomas Ganz; Fiscal Year: 2004..In the aggregate, these studies will expand our understanding of is ubiquitous and multifunctional family of human host defense peptides, this time also in their role as effectors of innate immunity in epithelia. ..
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing: Pulmonary HypertensionRonald Oudiz; Fiscal Year: 2007.._l.Center. PHS 398/2590(Rev.05/01) Page _, LJ ContinuationFormatPage NumberpagesconsecutivelyatthebottomthroughoutheapplicationD. o no_u_stesuffixesuchas3a, 3b. ..
- The Center for Cancer Drug Development (C2D2)Stephen Howell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..