Genomes and Genes
Summary: A species of MORGANELLA formerly classified as a Proteus species. It is found in the feces of humans, dogs, other mammals, and reptiles. (From Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology, 9th ed)
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical characteristics and risk factors for mortality in Morganella morganii bacteremiaIng Kit Lee
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 39:328-34. 2006To clarify the clinical characteristics and risk factors for mortality of patients with Morganella morganii bacteremia.
- Morganella morganii infections in a general tertiary hospitalM E Falagas
Alfa Institute of Biomedical Sciences, 9 Neapoleos Street, 151 23, Marousi, Athens, Greece
Infection 34:315-21. 2006b>Morganella morganii is a commensal Gram-negative bacillus of the intestinal tract of humans and other mammals and reptiles. Few reports exist in the literature regarding infections caused by this organism.
- Central nervous system infection caused by Morganella morganiiJehad Abdalla
Department of Internal Medicine, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Am J Med Sci 331:44-7. 2006Central nervous system (CNS) infection with Morganella morganii is very rare. We describe a 38-year-old female patient with frontal brain abscess caused by M morganii who was unsuccessfully treated...
- Early onset Morganella morganii sepsis in a newborn infant with emergence of cephalosporin resistance caused by depression of AMPC beta-lactamase productionAjay K Sinha
Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, UK
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:376-7. 2006A preterm infant with early onset Morganella morganii sepsis was treated with cefotaxime and gentamicin after confirmation of antimicrobial susceptibility...
- [Penile skin necrosis after application of a ring and defect coverage by a skin mesh graft]M Sommerauer
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitätsklinikum Schleswig Holstein UK SH, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck
Aktuelle Urol 37:376-8. 2006..Penile strangulations are rare and always need an individual emergency treatment. Functional impairment and loss of organ integrity are the most serious complications...
- Early onset neonatal sepsis due to Morganella morganiiSourabh Dutta
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012, India
Indian Pediatr 41:1155-7. 2004Two neonates, both 32-weekers, developed Morganella morganii sepsis on the first day of life. They presented within a day of each other, primarily with respiratory signs...
- Morganella morganii sepsis with massive hemolysisJong Hoon Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Inje University Ilsan Paik Hospital, Goyang, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:1082-4. 2007b>Morganella morganii is a facultative gram-negative and anaerobic rod. It may be a cause of devastating infections in neonates and immunocompromised hosts...
- Structural investigation of the O-specific polysaccharides of Morganella morganii consisting of two higher sugarsMichelle Kilcoyne
Department of Chemistry, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Carbohydr Res 337:1697-702. 2002The lipopolysaccharide of the bacterium Morganella morganii (strain KF 1676, RK 4222) yielded two polysaccharides, PS1 and PS2, when subjected to mild acid degradation followed by GPC...
- Integron presence in a multiresistant Morganella morganii isolateLaura Rojas
Section of Microbiology, Department of Pathology and Experimental Therapeutics, Campus de Bellvitge, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 27:505-12. 2006A multiresistant strain of Morganella morganii was isolated from a patient affected by several severe pathologies...
- Structural characterization and MHCII-dependent immunological properties of the zwitterionic O-chain antigen of Morganella morganiiN Martin Young
Institute for Biological Sciences, National Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1A 0R6
Glycobiology 21:1266-76. 2011b>Morganella morganii is a commensal Gram-negative bacterium that has long been known to produce an antigen bearing phosphocholine groups...
- Fatal Morganella morganii bacteraemia in a diabetic patient with gas gangreneSujoy Ghosh
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Ayr Hospital, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, Ayr KA6 6DX, Scotland, UK
J Med Microbiol 58:965-7. 2009..Blood cultures on admission yielded Morganella morganii. Due to the extent of the gas gangrene and her co-morbidities the patient was not suitable for surgical ..
- Identification of bla KPC-2 on different plasmids of three Morganella morganii isolatesD S Shi
Laboratory of Microbiology, Institute of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Jinling Hospital, 305 Zhongshan East Road, Nanjing, China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 31:797-803. 2012Three Morganella morganii strains resistant to carbapenems were recovered from the surgical intensive care unit (SICU) in our hospital...
- Identification of a modular pathogenicity island that is widespread among urease-producing uropathogens and shares features with a diverse group of mobile elementsErika L Flannery
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, 5641 Medical Science Building II, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Infect Immun 77:4887-94. 2009..of a 94-kb PAI, designated ICEPm1, that is common to Proteus mirabilis, Providencia stuartii, and Morganella morganii. These organisms are highly prevalent etiologic agents of catheter-associated urinary tract infections (..
- Growth, inactivation and histamine formation of Morganella psychrotolerans and Morganella morganii - development and evaluation of predictive modelsJette Emborg
Department of Seafood Research, National Institute of Aquatic Resources, Technical University of Denmark, Søltofts Plads, Building 221, DK 2800, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Int J Food Microbiol 128:234-43. 2008Mathematical models for growth, heat inactivation and histamine formation by Morganella psychrotolerans and Morganella morganii were studied to evaluate the importance of these bacteria in seafood...
- Characterization of a second ornithine decarboxylase isolated from Morganella morganiiBlanca de las Rivas
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales, CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Food Prot 71:657-61. 2008The genes involved in the putrescine formation by Morganella morganii were investigated because putrescine is an indicator of food process deterioration...
- Description of In116, the first blaCTX-M-2-containing complex class 1 integron found in Morganella morganii isolates from Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPablo Power
Catedra de Microbiologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Antimicrob Chemother 55:461-5. 2005We analysed the architecture and probable origin of a class 1 integron from cefotaxime-resistant Morganella morganii isolates.
- Emergence of DHA-1-producing Klebsiella spp. in the Parisian region: genetic organization of the ampC and ampR genes originating from Morganella morganiiCharlotte Verdet
Service de Bacteriologie, Hopital Tenon, 4, rue de la Chine, Paris 75970 cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:607-17. 2006..In four isolates, the Morganella morganii-derived genomic region containing bla(DHA-1) was inserted in an entire complex sul1-type integron, ..
- Phosphorylation of nucleosides by the mutated acid phosphatase from Morganella morganiiY Mihara
Applied Microbiology Laboratory, Fermentation and Biotechnology Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki shi 210 8681, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 66:2811-6. 2000..The Morganella morganii gene encoding a selective nucleoside pyrophosphate phosphotransferase was cloned. It was identical to the M...
- Morganella morganii-associated arthritis in a diabetic patientVikas Gautam
J Clin Microbiol 41:3451. 2003
- AcrAB efflux pump plays a role in decreased susceptibility to tigecycline in Morganella morganiiAlexey Ruzin
Wyeth Research, Department of Infectious Disease, 401 North Middletown Rd, Bld 200, Rm 3219, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:791-3. 2005Transposon mutagenesis of a clinical isolate of Morganella morganii, G1492 (tigecycline MIC of 4 microg/ml), yielded two insertion knockout mutants for which tigecycline MICs were 0.03 microg/ml...
- Liver abscess metastasizing to prostate and lungK H Lim
Department of Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
J R Soc Med 95:554-5. 2002
- Early and late endophthalmitis following trabeculectomy in a Chinese populationT M Kuang
Department of Ophthalmology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:66-70. 2008..To investigate the rate of bleb-related endophthalmitis over 5 years in a Chinese population. METHODS.:Retrospective chart review...
- Early-onset neonatal sepsis caused by vertical transmission of Morganella morganiiManuel Casanova-Roman
Paediatrics Service, Hospital of La Linea, Cadiz, Spain
Scand J Infect Dis 34:534-5. 2002The onset of Morganella morganii infection within the first 72 h after birth has only been reported on 1 occasion. The authors describe a second case in which M. morganii was cultured from both the neonate's blood and the mother's lochia...
- [Morganella morgagnii septic arthritis]Sebastián Santaeugenia
Med Clin (Barc) 118:399. 2002
- Morganelliasis pneumonia in a captive jaguarJ H Choi
Department of Veterinary Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Suwon, 441 744, Republic of Korea
J Wildl Dis 38:199-201. 2002..b>Morganella morganii was isolated as a pure culture from the lung, spleen, and heart blood. This is the first record of M...
- Cervical abscess with vaginal fistula after extraperitoneal Cesarean sectionChing Yu Chou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 106:1048-51. 2007..Broad-spectrum antibiotics failed to relieve her symptoms and vaginal culture yielded Morganella morganii ...
- [Morganella morganii endophthalmitis after vitrectomy: case report and review of the literature]Marc Zaninetti
Clinique universitaire d ophtalmologie, Geneve, Suisse
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 220:207-9. 2003..Most of the time, bacterial agents are Gram-positive ((2/3) of cases) and more rarely Gram-negative ((1/3) of cases). Usually, Pseudomonas sp, Proteus sp or Klebsiella sp are isolated, but very rarely Morganella morganii.
- [A puzzle of the physician and the patient]Cathrine Midgaard
Barnemedisinsk avdeling, Ulleval universitetssykehus, 0407 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:1756-7. 2006
- Morganella morganii pericarditis 3 years after allogenic bone marrow transplantation for mantle cell lymphomaZhi Tao Yang
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, René Descartes Paris 5 University Medical School, Paris, France
J Infect 53:e223-5. 2006We report herein a case of Morganella morganii-associated acute purulent pericarditis that developed 3 years after allogenic bone marrow transplantation...
- A rare cause of Ludwig's angina by Morganella morganiiMin Po Ho
Department of Emergency Medicine, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, 21 Nan Ya South Road, Sec 2, Panchiao, Taipei 220, Taiwan
J Infect 53:e191-4. 2006..We present a rare case of Ludwig's angina caused by an unusual microorganism, Morganella morganii, and the group D alpha-hemolytic streptococcus...
- Dissemination of CTX-M-type extended-spectrum beta-lactamase genes to unusual hostsClaudia Mugnaioli
Dipartimento di Biologia Molecolare, Laboratorio di Fisiologia e Biotecnologia dei Microrganismi, Universita di Siena, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 43:4183-5. 2005A Citrobacter amalonaticus and a Morganella morganii producing the CTX-M-1 extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL) were isolated from an area where this enzyme is now widespread in Escherichia coli...
- [Envenoming by Malayan cobra (Naja naja sputatrix)--case report]Krzysztof Ciszowski
Klinika Toksykologii Collegium Medicum, Uniwersytetu Jagiellonskiego w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 61:421-6. 2004..In the bite site the infection with Morganella morganii developed with consequent phlegmon within the hand and the forearm...
- Salicylate decreases production of AmpC type beta-lactamases and increases susceptibility to beta-lactams in a Morganella morganii clinical isolateMaría M Tavío
Microbiology, Department of Clinical Sciences II, Health Sciences Building, University of Las Palmas de G C, Dr Pasteur, 35080 Las Palmas de, G C Spain
FEMS Microbiol Lett 238:139-44. 2004..marRAB inducer, on the resistance to beta-lactams was characterized in an AmpC beta-lactamase hyperproducer Morganella morganii clinical isolate (the M1 strain)...
- Acute postoperative Morganella morganii panophthalmitisT J Wang
Eye (Lond) 19:713-5. 2005
- [Bacteremia in an obese patient with cellulitis and chronic ulceration in the lower extremity]Carmen Aspiroz
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Comarcal de Alcañiz, Alcaniz, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 22:363-4. 2004
- [Waterhouse-Friderichsen syndrome associated to a Morganella morganii and Enterococcus faecium peritonitis]F Tourrel
Département d anesthésie réanimation chirurgicale et Samu, CHU, 1, rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 26:869-72. 2007..It can be suspected in face of a septic shock with an unfavourable evolution despite adequate treatment...
- Bilateral endogenous bacterial endophthalmitis: a report of four casesSteen Rugaard Christensen
Department of Ophthalmology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 82:306-10. 2004..To present and discuss four cases of bilateral endogenous endophthalmitis...
- Postoperative Morganella morganii endophthalmitis associated with subclinical urinary tract infectionGina Tsanaktsidis
Western Sydney Eye Hospital, Wentworthville, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1011-3. 2003We report a case of Morganella morganii acute endophthalmitis following clear corneal phacoemulsification cataract surgery in which a coincident asymptomatic chronic urinary tract infection was detected postoperatively...
- Antibacterial effect of human V gamma 2V delta 2 T cells in vivoL Wang
Lymphocyte Biology Section, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 108:1349-57. 2001..resistance to extracellular gram-positive (Staphylococcus aureus) and gram-negative (Escherichia coli and Morganella morganii) bacteria, as assessed by survival, body weight, bacterial loads, and histopathology...
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of three new variants of AmpC beta-lactamases from Morganella morganiiPablo Power
Catedra de Microbiologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 954, Buenos Aires 1113, Argentina
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:962-7. 2006b>Morganella morganii produces an inducible, chromosomally encoded AmpC beta-lactamase. We describe in this study three new variants of AmpC within this species with apparent pIs of 6.6 (M19 from M. morganii strain PP19), 7.4 (M29 from M...
- High-level vancomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates associated with a polymicrobial biofilmLinda M Weigel
NCID DHQP ELB MS G 08, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, N E, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:231-8. 2007..S. aureus, Enterococcus faecalis, Enterococcus faecium, Micrococcus species, Morganella morganii, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa were isolated from the biofilm...
- First report of Morganella morganii producing CTX-M-15 beta-lactamaseAna Brizio
Int J Antimicrob Agents 28:79-80. 2006
- Growth and histamine formation of Morganella morganii in determining the safety and quality of inoculated and uninoculated bluefish (Pomatomus saltatrix)T A Lorca
Department of Food Science and Technology, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg 24061-0418, USA
J Food Prot 64:2015-9. 2001The objective of this study was to determine the effect of normal microflora and Morganella morganii on histamine formation and olfactory acceptability in raw bluefish under controlled storage conditions...
- Formation of histamine and biogenic amines in cold-smoked tuna: an investigation of psychrotolerant bacteria from samples implicated in cases of histamine fish poisoningJette Emborg
Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Department of Seafood Research, c o Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby
J Food Prot 69:897-906. 2006..In the single poisoning case, psychrotolerant Morganella morganii-like bacteria most likely was responsible for the histamine production in CST with 2.2% +/- 0...
- Detection of Morganella morganii, a prolific histamine former, by the polymerase chain reaction assay with 16S rDNA-targeted primersShin Hee Kim
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, 328 Spidle Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849, USA
J Food Prot 66:1385-92. 2003..chain reaction (PCR) assay for the rapid and sensitive detection of the most prolific histamine former, Morganella morganii, was developed...
- Gene organization of the ornithine decarboxylase-encoding region in Morganella morganiiB de las Rivas
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 102:1551-60. 2007The production of putrescine is a relevant property related to food quality and safety. Morganella morganii is responsible for putrescine production in fresh fish decomposition...
- Bacterial gangs attack implantsC R Arciola
Int J Artif Organs 30:755-6. 2007
- Modification of Niven's medium for the enumeration of histamine-forming bacteria and discussion of the parameters associated with its usePanagiotis Mavromatis
Food Research Centre, University of Lincolnshire and Humberside, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, UK
J Food Prot 65:546-51. 2002..Strains of HFB, Morganella morganii, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Hafnia alvei were examined for their ability to change color on NM...
- Diversity of microflora in the gut and casts of tropical composting earthworms reared on different substratesK Parthasarathi
Division of Vermibiotechnology, Department of Zoology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, India
J Environ Biol 28:87-97. 2007..eugeniae) and Rhizopus sp., and bacteria like Klebsiella pneumoniae and Morganella morganii) and these were multiplied during the transit of the organic residues through the gut of worms...
- Occurrence and diversity of integrons and beta-lactamase genes among ampicillin-resistant isolates from estuarine watersIsabel S Henriques
CESAM, Department of Biology, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Res Microbiol 157:938-47. 2006..oxytoca, Raoultella ornithinolytica, R. terrigena, R. planticola, Citrobacter freundii, Morganella morganii and Enterobacter sp...
- [Pharmacokinetic and clinical studies of cefteram pivoxil granule in the pediatric field]T Motohiro
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Kurume University
Jpn J Antibiot 42:2023-61. 1989..e. Haemophilus influenzae (11), Bordetella pertussis (11), Escherichia coli (9), Proteus mirabilis (1) and Morganella morganii (1)...
- Antibacterial activity of BMS-180680, a new catechol-containing monobactamJ Fung-Tomc
Department of Microbiology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, Connecticut 06492, USA Joan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:1010-6. 1997..BMS-180680 had moderate activities (MIC90s of 2 to 8 microg/ml) against Citrobacter freundii, Morganella morganii, Shigella spp., and non-E. aerogenes Enterobacter spp...
- [Determination of the MIC of cefotetan against freshly isolated gram-negative bacilli]K Deguchi
Section of Studies, Tokyo Clinical Research Center
Jpn J Antibiot 42:2363-76. 1989..Serratia marcescens, Morganella morganii, and Bacteroides fragilis. 2. Most CTT-resistant strains of C. freundii, Enterobacter spp. and S...
- In vitro activity against clinically important gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria of sulbactam, alone and in combination with ampicillin, cefotaxime, mezlocillin, and piperacillinA F Schmalreck
Department Microbiology, Pftzer Mack, Illertissen Fed Rep of Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 40:1145-55. 1990..60%), Enterobacter aerogenes (-48%), Klebsiella oxytoca (-49%), Klebsiella pneumoniae (-63%), Morganella morganii (-74%), and Proteus vulgaris (-55%); for SUL + CTX and Acinetobacter spp...
- In vitro activity of tigemonam against urinary tract pathogensJ A Garcia Rodriguez
Department of Microbiology, Clinical Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Salamanca, Spain
J Chemother 1:28-31. 1989..Serratia marcescens, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus vulgaris, Morganella morganii, and Salmonella enterica). Tigemonam displayed good activity against Enterobacteriaceae...
- [Antibacterial activities of sisomicin against fresh clinical isolates]K Deguchi
Section of Studies, Tokyo Clinical Research Center
Jpn J Antibiot 45:990-1002. 1992..diversus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Enterobacter aerogenes, Proteus mirabilis and Morganella morganii. 2...
- Evaluation of the MicroScan ESBL plus confirmation panel for detection of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in clinical isolates of oxyimino-cephalosporin-resistant Gram-negative bacteriaEnno Stürenburg
Institut für Infektionsmedizin, Zentrum für Klinisch Theoretische Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:870-5. 2004..We aimed to assess the performance of the MicroScan ESBL plus confirmation panel using a series of 87 oxyimino-cephalosporin-resistant Gram-negative bacilli of various species...
- [Surveillance of susceptibility of clinical isolates to cefmetazole between 2000 and 2003]Yuki Sato
Post Marketing Study Department, Sankyo Co, Ltd
Jpn J Antibiot 58:303-16. 2005..0%), Proteus mirabilis (2.3% --> 2.1% --> 0.0%), Proteus vulgaris (13.6% --> 6.7% --> 0.0%), Morganella morganii (7.3% --> 0.0% --> 14.0%), Providencia spp. (12.5% --> 0.0% --> 18.2%), Peptostreptococcus spp...
- Cefpodoxime: comparative antibacterial activity, influence of growth conditions, and bactericidal activityH Knothe
Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Infection 19:370-6. 1991..and Morganella morganii. Cefpodoxime proved to be highly inhibitory against group A, B, and G streptococci and Streptococcus ..
- In vitro activity of isepamicin and other aminoglycosides against clinical isolates of Gram-negative bacteria causing nosocomial bloodstream infectionsTung Yuan Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Military General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 40:481-6. 2007....
- Salmonella enteritidis: AmpC plasmid-mediated inducible beta-lactamase (DHA-1) with an ampR gene from Morganella morganiiG Barnaud
Service de Microbiologie, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 42:2352-8. 1998..It contained an open reading frame with 98. 7% DNA sequence identity with the ampC gene of Morganella morganii. DNA sequence analysis also identified a gene upstream of ampC whose sequence was 97% identical to the ..
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in community and private health care centersCorinne Arpin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Universite de Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3506-14. 2003..6 Escherichia coli isolates; 3 Proteus mirabilis isolates; and 1 isolate each of Serratia marcescens, Morganella morganii, and Providencia stuartii...
- Histamine, cadaverine, and putrescine produced in vitro by enterobacteriaceae and pseudomonadaceae isolated from spinachT Lavizzari
Department of Nutrition and Food Science INSA, Nutrition and Food Safety Research Institute, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Avinguda Joan XXII s n, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Food Prot 73:385-9. 2010..They frequently produced more than one biogenic amine. Klebsiella pneumoniae subsp. pneumoniae and Morganella morganii were the main histamine producers, with mean values of 1,600 and 2,440 mg/liter, respectively, followed by ..
- Comparison of PCR-based molecular markers for the characterization of Proteus mirabilis clinical isolatesLessandra Michelim
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Caxias do Sul, RS, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 12:423-9. 2008..mirabilis strains from Escherichia coli, Hafnia alvei, and Morganella morganii. With the exception of rep-PCR, the methods gave medium to high discriminatory efficiency in P. mirabilis...
- Identification and characterization of phoN-Sf, a gene on the large plasmid of Shigella flexneri 2a encoding a nonspecific phosphataseK I Uchiya
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Nagoya, Japan
J Bacteriol 178:4548-54. 1996..2%), Morganella morganii (PhoC, 80.6%), Salmonella typhimurium (PhoN, 47.8%), and Zymomonas mobilis (PhoC, 34.8%)...
- Comparison of the in vitro and in vivo antibacterial activities of cefepime (BMY-28142) with ceftazidime, cefuzonam, cefotaxime and cefmenoximeS Masuyoshi
Episome Institute, Gunma ken, Japan
Drugs Exp Clin Res 15:1-10. 1989..showed superior activity to the reference cephalosporins against Proteus inconstans, Providencia rettgeri, Morganella morganii, Citrobacter freundii and Enterobacter cloacae...
- Antimicrobial activity of dactimicin in vitro compared with that of dibekacin, netilmicin, sisomicin and micronomicinS Inouye
Central Research Laboratory, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, Yokohama, Japan
Drugs Exp Clin Res 15:455-63. 1989..pneumoniae, Morganella morganii, Haemophilus influenzae, Citrobacter freundii, Enterobacter aerogens, E...
- Analysis of AmpC beta-lactamase expression and sequence in biochemically atypical ceftazidime-resistant Enterobacteriaceae from paediatric patientsMatthew B Avison
Bristol Centre for Antimicrobial Research and Evaluation, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:584-91. 2004..To analyse the variation of ampC beta-lactamase gene sequence and expression in biochemically atypical Enterobacteriaceae isolates, and to identify them definitively...
- Species interactions in mixed-community crystalline biofilms on urinary cathetersSarah M Macleod
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
J Med Microbiol 56:1549-57. 2007..mirabilis, when Escherichia coli, Morganella morganii or Enterobacter cloacae were present, P. mirabilis was rarely or never found...
- In vitro antibacterial activity and beta-lactamase stability of SY5555, a new oral penem antibioticE Inoue
Episome Institute, Gunma ken, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 38:1974-9. 1994..epidermidis, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Enterococcus faecalis, Citrobacter freundii, Enterobacter cloacae, Morganella morganii, Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Clostridium spp., and Bacteroides fragilis. Against Providencia spp...
- [Synergistic action of cefodizime with other antimicrobial agents on clinically isolated microorganisms. II. Synergistic action with sisomicin]K Deguchi
Section of Studies, Tokyo Clinical Research Center
Jpn J Antibiot 45:1-11. 1992..Citrobacter freundii, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, Proteus vulgaris, Morganella morganii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Differential characterization of biogenic amine-producing bacteria involved in food poisoning using MALDI-TOF mass fingerprintingInmaculada C Fernández-No
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Food Science, School of Veterinary Sciences College of Biotechnology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Lugo, Spain
Electrophoresis 31:1116-27. 2010..at m/z 4182+/-1 and 8363+/-6 were found to be present in all Enterobacteriaceae species analyzed except for Morganella morganii. Peaks at m/z 3635+/-1 and 7267+/-2 were specific to both M. morganii and Proteus spp...
- [The antibacterial activity of fluoroquinolones against gram-negative bacteria isolated from Gifu Prefecture (2005)]Tomoaki Tanaka
Research Laboratories of Toyama Chemical Co, Ltd
Jpn J Antibiot 60:141-52. 2007..18 strains, Providencia spp.; 3 strains, Morganella morganii; 14 strains, Serratia marcescens; 27 strains and Pseudomonas aeruginosa; 103 strains...
- [Urinary tract infections in children--etiologic agents and susceptibility to antibiotics]Maria Nowakowska
Katedry i Zakładu Mikrobiologii Lekarskiej, Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 57:438-43. 2004..coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Klebsiella oxytoca, Proteus mirabilis, Proteus penneri, Proteus vulgaris, Morganella morganii, Citrobacter freundi, Serratia spp...
- Isolation and purification of enterocin E-760 with broad antimicrobial activity against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteriaJ E Line
USDA ARS, Russell Research Center, Poultry Microbiological Safety Research Unit, 950 College Station Rd, Athens, GA 30604, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1094-100. 2008..freundii, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Shigella dysenteriae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Proteus mirabilis, Morganella morganii, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Listeria monocytogenes, Campylobacter jejuni, and 20 ..
- Surveillance for plasmid-mediated quinolone resistance determinants in Enterobacteriaceae within the Calgary Health Region, Canada: the emergence of aac(6')-Ib-crJohann D D Pitout
Division of Microbiology, Calgary Laboratory Services, University of Calgary, 9, 3535 Research Road NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2L 2K8
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:999-1002. 2008..A study was designed to determine the prevalence of plasmid-mediated quinolone resistance (PMQR) determinants among clinical isolates of Enterobacteriaceae from the Calgary Health Region (CHR)...
- The gut-brain barrier in major depression: intestinal mucosal dysfunction with an increased translocation of LPS from gram negative enterobacteria (leaky gut) plays a role in the inflammatory pathophysiology of depressionMichael Maes
M Care4U Outpatient Clinics, Antwerp, Belgium
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 29:117-24. 2008..of IgM and IgA against LPS of the gram-negative enterobacteria, Hafnia Alvei, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, Morganella Morganii, Pseudomonas Putida, Citrobacter Koseri, and Klebsielle Pneumoniae in MDD patients and normal controls...
- Design and quality control of a pharmaceutical formulation containing natural products with antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant propertiesAdriana A L Ordoñez
Instituto de Farmacia Dr Adolfo Rovelli, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Ayacucho 471, T4000INI, San Miguel de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Int J Pharm 378:51-8. 2009..Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus mirabilis, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens, Morganella morganii, Acinetobacter baumannii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Stenotrophomonas maltophilia, Candida spp...
- Oral bacterial flora of the Chinese cobra (Naja atra) and bamboo pit viper (Trimeresurus albolabris) in Hong Kong SAR, ChinaK C Shek
Accident and Emergency Department, Tuen Mun Hospital, Hospital Authority, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 15:183-90. 2009..To determine the oral bacterial flora associated with two common local venomous snakes in Hong Kong, namely the Chinese cobra (Naja atra) and the bamboo pit viper (Trimeresurus albolabris)...
- The conundrum of the gram-positive rod: are we missing important pathogens in complicated skin and soft-tissue infections? A case report and review of the literatureTatyan M Clarke
Department of Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 11:65-72. 2010..Despite differing greatly in their virulence, sources, and even genus, these microscopically similar organisms are often difficult to differentiate without genetic testing...
- Ceftriaxone activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative pathogens isolated in US clinical microbiology laboratories from 1996 to 2000: results from The Surveillance Network (TSN) Database-USAJ A Karlowsky
Focus Technologies, Inc, 13665 Dulles Technology Drive, Herndon, VA 20171, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 19:413-26. 2002..5-4.8%), Klebsiella pneumoniae (n=117754; range, 1.9-2.6%), Proteus mirabilis (n=67692; range, 0.2-0.3%), Morganella morganii (n=11251; range, 0.3-2.1%) and Serratia marcescens (n=26519; range, 1.6-3...
- Antimicrobial activity of selected plant species from "the Argentine Puna" against sensitive and multi-resistant bacteriaI C Zampini
INQUINOA CONICET, Ayacucho 471, 4000 San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina
J Ethnopharmacol 124:499-505. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate their antimicrobial properties against a panel of sensitive and multi-resistant gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria...
- Histidine decarboxylases and their role in accumulation of histamine in tuna and dried sauryMasashi Kanki
Division of Bacteriology, Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Nakamichi 1 3 69, Higashinari ku, Osaka 537 0025, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:1467-73. 2007..Here we constructed recombinant HDCs of P. phosphoreum, Photobacterium damselae, R. planticola, and Morganella morganii and investigated the ability of HDCs to produce sufficient histamine to cause HFP...
- [Report of three cases of purple urine bag syndrome which occurred with a combination of both E. coli and M. morganii]H Matsuo
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Sasebo Chuo Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:487-90. 1993..In these cases, no growth of P. stuartii was found on repeated urine culture, but Escherichia coli and Morganella morganii were concomitantly isolated during the blue bags...
- B1 cells contribute to serum IgM, but not to intestinal IgA, production in gnotobiotic Ig allotype chimeric miceM Christine Thurnheer
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 170:4564-71. 2003..Monoassociation with either Morganella morganii, Bacteroides distasonis, or segmented filamentous bacteria induced germinal center reactions in Peyer's ..
- C-reactive protein and antibacterial activity in blood plasma of colostrum-fed calves and the effect of lactuloseW Schroedl
Institute of Bacteriology and Mycology, Veterinary Faculty, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany 04103
J Dairy Sci 86:3313-20. 2003..an in vitro assay with the plasma of these animals, an increased bactericidal activity was detected against Morganella morganii (1 d postpartum) in both groups, but again a higher activity occurred in the lactulose group...
- Evaluation of drug-resistant Enterobacteriaceae in retail poultry and beefA Kilonzo-Nthenge
Department of Family and Consumer Science, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN, USA
Poult Sci 92:1098-107. 2013..Few (2.7%) of the Enterobacteriaceae were resistant to chloramphenicol. Salmonella spp., E. coli O157:H7, Morganella morganii, Yersinia enterocolitica, and Vibrio parahemolyticus exhibited multiple drug resistance...
- First characterisation of plasmid-mediated quinolone resistance-qnrS1 co-expressed bla CTX-M-15 and bla DHA-1 genes in clinical strain of Morganella morganii recovered from a Tunisian Intensive Care UnitS Mahrouki
Department of Biology, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis, Campus Universitaire, 2092 EL MANAR II, Tunis, Tunisia
Indian J Med Microbiol 30:437-41. 2012Aim of this study was to show the emergence of the qnr genes among fluoroquinolone-resistant, AMPC and ESBL (extended-spectrum-beta-lactamase) co-producing Morganella morganii isolate.
- [Purple urine bag syndrome in two institutionalised patients]Rebeca Iglesias Barreira
Xerencia de Xestión Integrada Ferrol, Hospital Arquitecto Marcide, Ferrol, A Coruna, Espana
Rev Esp Geriatr Gerontol 48:45-7. 2013..from some sulphatase- and phosphatase-producing bacteria, including Proteus mirabilis, Escherichia coli and Morganella morganii, amongst others. Following this reaction, the catheter and the bag may be stained red, blue or purple...
- Evaluation of a new selective chromogenic agar medium for detection of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing EnterobacteriaceaeYouri Glupczynski
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Cliniques Universitaires UCL de Mont Godinne, 1, Av Dr Gaston Thérasse, B 5530 Yvoir, Belgium
J Clin Microbiol 45:501-5. 2007..were the most common false positives as well as non-ESBL-producing Klebsiella oxytoca (n=18) on ESBL-Bx and Morganella morganii (n=10) on MCKC...
- First reported fatal Morganella morganii infections in chickensChangguang Zhao
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemiology and Zoonosis, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, People s Republic of China
Vet Microbiol 156:452-5. 2012b>Morganella morganii, a Gram-negative rod commonly found in the intestines of humans and other animals, is here confirmed to cause a fatal infection in chickens by isolation and identification of the bacteria, 16S rRNA gene sequencing, ..
- Characterization of the bacterial microflora of the tympanic cavity of eastern box turtles with and without aural abscessesPriscilla H Joyner
The Wildlife Center of Virginia, PO Box 1557, Waynesboro, Virginia 22980, USA
J Wildl Dis 42:859-64. 2006..b>Morganella morganii (n = 2) was the only species isolated from the tympanic cavity of more than one turtle with aural abscesses...
- Crystalline bacterial biofilm formation on urinary catheters by urease-producing urinary tract pathogens: a simple method of controlRobert J Broomfield
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff CF10 3TL, UK
J Med Microbiol 58:1367-75. 2009..3 and produce catheter-blocking crystalline biofilms within 40 h. Morganella morganii and Staphylococcus aureus elevated the pH of urine to 7.4 and 6...
- Investigation of shell disease in map turtles (Graptemys spp.)Stephen J Hernandez-Divers
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7390, USA
J Wildl Dis 45:637-52. 2009..yielded aerobic isolates (Chryseobacterium indologenes, Aeromonas hydrophila, Ralstonia pickettii, and Morganella morganii), whereas 11 shell samples grew various clostridial anerobes. No fungal organisms were cultured...
- Infected abdominal aortic aneurysm due to Morganella morganii: CT findingsOh Young Kwon
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Abdom Imaging 36:83-5. 2011..in an infected aortic aneurysm are Salmonella and Clostridium species, as well as Staphylococcus aureus; Morganella morganii, on the other hand, is very rare...
- Prevalence of community acquired urinary tract infections in Silchar Medical College, Assam, India and its antimicrobial susceptibility profileIndu Sharma
Department of Microbiology, Assam University, Assam, India
Indian J Med Sci 66:273-9. 2012..This study was conducted to know the rate of prevalence of community acquired UTI infections in both males and females, Assam, North-East India...
- Screening of the constituents, antimicrobial and antioxidant activity of endemic Origanum hypericifolium O. Schwartz & P.H. DavisAli Celik
Department of Biology, Faculty of Arts and Science, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Nat Prod Res 24:1568-77. 2010..The antimicrobial activity was tested by agar disc diffusion method against Morganella morganii (clinic isolate), Micrococcus flavus (clinic isolate), Micrococcus luteus NRLL B-4375, Proteus vulgaris ..
- New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase-1: local acquisition in Ontario, Canada, and challenges in detectionJulianne V Kus
University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Health Complex Department of Microbiology, Toronto, Canada
CMAJ 183:1257-61. 2011..We also discuss the evidence that NDM-1 can affect bacterial species other than E. coli and K. pneumoniae, the limited options for treatment and the difficulty laboratories face in detecting organisms that produce NDM-1...
- Bacterial infection in association with snakebite: a 10-year experience in a northern Taiwan medical centerChun Ming Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 44:456-60. 2011..Microbiological data of secondary wound infections following snakebites is rarely reported in Taiwan. The objective of this study was to assess the secondary wound infection after venomous snakebites...
- Non-pseudomonal ecthyma gangrenosum present in diclofenac-induced agranulocytosisInês Lobo
Eur J Dermatol 18:350-1. 2008
- Quantification of total and specific gram-negative histamine-producing bacteria species in fish using an MPN real-time PCR methodKristin Bjornsdottir-Butler
U S Food and Drug Administration, Gulf Coast Seafood Laboratory, Dauphin Island, AL 36528, USA
Food Microbiol 28:1284-92. 2011..The species-specific real-time PCR assay was 100% inclusive for independently detecting Morganella morganii, Enterobacter aerogenes, Raoultella planticola/ornithinolytica and Photobacterium damselae and did not ..
- BACTERIAL UREASE IN THE CATHETERIZED URINARY TRACTHARRY MOBLEY; Fiscal Year: 1990..species isolated from the catheterized urinary tract including Providencia stuartii Proteus mirabilis, Morganella morganii, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Providencia rettgeri with respect to DNA homology, molecular weight, subunit ..
- CELLULAR AND HUMORAL BASES OF MUCOSAL IMMUNE RESPONSEJOHN CEBRA; Fiscal Year: 1993..These conjugates as well as Mycoplasma pulmonis, reovirus type 1, and Morganella morganii (a gram-negative enteric bacteria) will be administered by the mucosal route to prime mucosal lymphoid ..