Summary: A family of gram-negative facultatively anaerobic bacteria, ubiquitous in fresh and brackish water, and associated with GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES.
- Oceanisphaera donghaensis sp. nov., a halophilic bacterium from the East Sea, KoreaSoo Je Park
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology Research Institute, Chungbuk National University, 12 Gaeshin dong Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:895-8. 2006..litoralis KMM 3654T. On the basis of polyphasic evidence, it is proposed that strain BL1T (=KCTC 12522T = DSM 17589T) represents the type strain of a novel species, Oceanisphaera donghaensis sp. nov...
- Characterization of wastewater treatment plant microbial communities and the effects of carbon sources on diversity in laboratory modelsSangwon Lee
Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e105689. 2014..Laboratory-cultured communities were enriched in γ-Proteobacteria. Enterobacteriaceae, and Aeromonadaceae were enriched by glucose, Pseudomonadaceae by chloroacetate and D-threonine, and Burkholderiacea by high (50 ..
- Properties of hemolysin and protease produced by Aeromonas trotaEizo Takahashi
Laboratory of Protein Function, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e91149. 2014..enteropelogenes), one of the diarrheagenic species of Aeromonadaceae. Nine of 19 A. trota isolates that grew on solid media containing erythrocytes showed hemolytic activity...
- Oceanisphaera profunda sp. nov., a marine bacterium isolated from deep-sea sediment, and emended description of the genus OceanisphaeraZhong Xu
School of Life Science, Liaocheng University, Liaocheng 252059, PR China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 64:1252-6. 2014..nov. is proposed. The type strain of Oceanisphaera profunda is SM1222(T) ( = CCTCC AB 2013241(T) = KCTC 32510(T)). An emended description of the genus Oceanisphaera Romanenko et al. 2003 emend. Choi et al. 2011 is also proposed. ..
- A new electrochemically active bacterium phylogenetically related to Tolumonas osonensis and power performance in MFCsJianmei Luo
Key Laboratory of Industrial Fermentation Microbiology Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Ministry of Education, Tianjin Key Lab of Industrial Microbiology, College of Biotechnology, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, Tianjin 300457, PR China
Bioresour Technol 139:141-8. 2013..It offers a novel facultative anaerobic Gram-positive bacterium that can utilize a wide variety of substrates for power production, making it highly valuable for application in MFCs...
- Guiana dolphins (Sotalia guianensis) as marine ecosystem sentinels: ecotoxicology and emerging diseasesJailson Fulgencio de Moura
PPG em Saúde Pública e Meio Ambiente, Escola Nacional de Saúde Pública FIOCRUZ and Grupo de Estudos de Mamíferos Marinhos da Região dos Lagos GEMM Lagos, Rua Leopoldo Bulhões, 1 480 6 andar, Sala 611, Manguinhos, 21041 210, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 228:1-29. 2014..Many bacterial pathogens from the family Aeromonadaceae and Vibrionaceae have been isolated from Guiana dolphins...
- Complete genome sequence of Oceanimonas sp. GK1, a halotolerant bacterium from Gavkhouni Wetland in IranLaleh Parsa Yeganeh
Molecular Biology Division, Iranian Biological Resource Center, Tehran, Iran
J Bacteriol 194:2123-4. 2012..Here we present the whole-genome sequence of Oceanimonas sp. GK1, which consists of a single circular chromosome of 3,514,537 bp and two plasmids 8,462 and 4,245 bp in length...
- Complete genome sequence and characterization of a broad-host range T4-like bacteriophage phiAS5 infecting Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicidaJi Hyung Kim
Laboratory of Aquatic Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Vet Microbiol 157:164-71. 2012..environmental river waters in Korea, and showed broad infectivity to other bacterial species in the family Aeromonadaceae as well as antibiotic-resistant A. salmonicida subsp. salmonicida strains...
- Structure of the O-specific polysaccharide from a marine bacterium Oceanisphaeralitoralis KMM 3654(T) containing ManNAcANadezhda A Komandrova
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far East Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 690022 Vladivostok, Russian Federation
Carbohydr Res 347:178-81. 2012..litoralis containing D-glucose and two residues of 2-acetamido-2-deoxy-D-mannuronic acid was established: →4)-α-D-Glcp-(1→4)-β-D-ManpNAcA-(1→4)-β-D-ManpNAcA-(1→...
- Complete genomic sequence of a T4-like bacteriophage, phiAS4, infecting Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicidaJ H Kim
Laboratory of Aquatic Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Arch Virol 157:391-5. 2012..genome of phiAS4 with those of its relatives demonstrated that phage phiAS4 is closely related to members of the T4-like group and can be classified as a new member of the T4-like phages infecting bacteria of the family Aeromonadaceae.
- Oceanisphaera arctica sp. nov., isolated from Arctic marine sediment, and emended description of the genus OceanisphaeraT N R Srinivas
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 62:1926-31. 2012..nov. is proposed. The type strain is V1-41(T) ( = CCUG 58690(T) = KCTC 23013(T) = NBRC 106171(T))...
- Oceanisphaera sediminis sp. nov., isolated from marine sedimentNa Ri Shin
Department of Life and Nanopharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Biology, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 62:1552-7. 2012..nov., with strain TW92(T) (=KACC 15117(T)=JCM 17329(T)) as the type strain and strain TW93 (=KACC 15118=JCM 17330) as an additional strain...
- Zobellella aerophila sp. nov., isolated from seashore sand, and emended description of the genus ZobellellaHana Yi
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, 599 kwanak Ro, Kwanak gu, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:2491-5. 2011..nov. is proposed. The type strain is JC2671(T) ( = KACC 15081(T) = JCM 17110(T)). The description of the genus Zobellella has been emended accordingly...
- Phylogenetic analysis of members of the genus Aeromonas based on gyrB gene sequencesM A Yanez
Unidad de Diagnóstico Molecular, EPSO, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Ctra Beniel Km 3, E 03312 Orihuela Alicante, Spain
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:875-83. 2003..The results support the recognition of the family Aeromonadaceae, as distinct from Plesiomonas shigelloides and other enteric bacteria...
- Complete genome sequence of bacteriophage phiAS7, a T7-like virus that infects Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicidaJi Hyung Kim
Laboratory of Aquatic Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Virol 86:2894-5. 2012To date, a number of Myoviridae bacteriophages that infect Aeromonadaceae have been identified and characterized. However, the genome sequences of Aeromonas phages that not belong to the Myoviridae have not been investigated yet...
- Oceanisphaera ostreae sp. nov., isolated from seawater of an oyster farm, and emended description of the genus Oceanisphaera Romanenko et al. 2003Won Chan Choi
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Yusong, Daejeon, South Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:2880-4. 2011..nov. is proposed; the type strain is T-w6(T) (=KCTC 23422(T) =CCUG 60525(T)). An emended description of the genus Oceanisphaera is also presented...
- Discrepancies in identification of Vibrio cholerae strains as members of Aeromonadaceae and Enterobacteriaceae by automated microbial identification systemA Saini
Department of Health Research, Regional Medical Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Belgaum, Karnataka, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 55:22-6. 2012..Incidental observation of a discrepancy in identification of Vibrio cholerae prompted a study to understand the ability of an automated microbial identification system to identify this important pathogen...
- Aeromonas sharmana sp. nov., isolated from a warm springP Saha
Microbial Type Culture Collection and Gene Bank, MTCC, Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector 39A, Chandigarh 160 036, India
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:1905-9. 2006..Preliminary analysis of the 16S rRNA gene sequence of this isolate revealed its affiliation to the family Aeromonadaceae. Detailed characterization using a polyphasic approach indicated that strain GPTSA-6(T) is most closely ..
- Diversity of gene cassette promoters in class 1 integrons from wastewater environmentsAlexandra Moura
Department of Biology and CESAM, University of Aveiro, Campus Universitario de Santiago, Aveiro, Portugal
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:5413-6. 2012..The weak PcW and PcH1 variants predominated, suggesting that, similar to clinical environments, high rates of gene cassette recombination, rather than high expression of gene cassettes, have been preferentially selected in wastewaters...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Aeromonas spp. isolated from pig ileum segments to natural isothiocyanatesAlfredo Aires
CITAB Centre for the Research and Technology for Agro Environment and Biological Sciences, Universidade de Trásos Montes e Alto Douro, Apartado 1013, 5000 801 Vila Real, Portugal
Med Chem 9:861-6. 2013..of 8 different glucosinolate hydrolysis products including isothiocyanates as antibacterial compounds against Aeromonadaceae, isolated from intestinal segments of pigs collected directly from slaughter-houses in the North of Portugal...
- Identification of antimicrobial resistant bacteria in rivers: insights into the cultivation biasTamara Garcia-Armisen
Ecologie des Systèmes Aquatiques, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus de la Plaine, CP 221, Boulevard du Triomphe, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Water Res 47:4938-47. 2013..put on evidence AR bacterial communities that differ dramatically: γ-proteobacteria and more specifically Aeromonadaceae dominated among the isolates while β-proteobacteria (Comamonadaceae), dominated among the sequences obtained ..
- Vector potential of houseflies for the bacterium Aeromonas caviaeD Nayduch
Department of Biological Sciences, Clemson University, South Carolina 29634 0326, USA
Med Vet Entomol 16:193-8. 2002..The putative enteropathogen Aeromonas caviae (Proteobacteria: Aeromonadaceae) may be present in faeces of humans and livestock. Recently A...
- Anaerobiospirillum succiniciproducens phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase: mutagenesis at metal site 2Ana María Jabalquinto
Departamento de Ciencias Quimicas, Facultad de Quimica y Biologia, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Protein Chem 22:515-9. 2003....
- Novel [NiFe]- and [FeFe]-hydrogenase gene transcripts indicative of active facultative aerobes and obligate anaerobes in earthworm gut contentsOliver Schmidt
Department of Ecological Microbiology, University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:5842-50. 2011..NiFe]-hydrogenase gene transcripts, 79% and 21% were affiliated with organisms in the Enterobacteriaceae and Aeromonadaceae, respectively...
- Genome-level homology and phylogeny of Shewanella (Gammaproteobacteria: lteromonadales: Shewanellaceae)Rebecca B Dikow
Committee on Evolutionary Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
BMC Genomics 12:237. 2011..as well as three outgroup species representing the genera Aeromonas (Gammaproteobacteria: Aeromonadales: Aeromonadaceae), Alteromonas (Gammaproteobacteria: Alteromonadales: Alteromonadaceae) and Colwellia (Gammaproteobacteria: ..
- Tolumonas osonensis sp. nov., isolated from anoxic freshwater sediment, and emended description of the genus TolumonasMatthew E Caldwell
Department of Botany and Microbiology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:2659-63. 2011..2 % similarity) within the family Aeromonadaceae of the Gammaproteobacteria...
- Plasmid-mediated QnrS2 determinant in an Aeromonas caviae isolate recovered from a patient with diarrhoeaA Arias
Department of Microbiology, Hospital Clinico Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1005-7. 2010..This emphasizes the importance of monitoring the emergence of these determinants as well as their dissemination among the Aeromonadaceae.
- Prevalence & distribution of aeromonads in different chlorinated water samplesAnjana Sharma
Bacteriology Lab, Department of Bioscience, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, M P 482 001
Indian J Environ Health 44:314-9. 2002..Out of which powdered forms were found to be more effective. Although chlorination reduced the density of aeromonads to some extent but still its presence cannot be behold...
- Oceanisphaera litoralis gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel halophilic bacterium from marine bottom sedimentsL A Romanenko
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far Eastern Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, 690022 Vladivostok, Prospekt 100 Let Vladivostoku, 159, Russia
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1885-8. 2003..On the basis of phenotypic and phylogenetic evidence, Oceanisphaera litoralis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed, with the type strain KMM 3654(T) (=DSM 15406(T))...
- Identification of indole-3-acetic acid producing freshwater wetland rhizosphere bacteria associated with Juncus effusus LLidija Halda-Alija
Department of Biology, The University of Mississippi, 508 Shoemaker Hall, University, MS 38677, USA
Can J Microbiol 49:781-7. 2003..are representatives of several families, including the Enterobacteriaceae, Pseudomonadaceae, Aeromonadaceae, Burkholderiaceae, and Bacillaceae...
- Oceanimonas smirnovii sp. nov., a novel organism isolated from the Black SeaElena P Ivanova
Swinburne University of Technology, P O Box 218, Hawthorn, Vic 3122, Australia
Syst Appl Microbiol 28:131-6. 2005..nov. is proposed. The type strain is 31-13T (UCM B-11076T = LMG 22147T = ATCC BAA-899T)...
- Biofilms in an urban water distribution system: measurement of biofilm biomass, pathogens and pathogen persistence within the Greater Stockholm Area, SwedenJ Långmark
Department of Parasitology, Mycology and Water Microbiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Solna, Sweden
Water Sci Technol 52:181-9. 2005..Results from this investigation may provide information for water treatment and distribution management strategies, and fill key data gaps that presently hinder the refinement of microbial risk models...
- Zobellella denitrificans gen. nov., sp. nov. and Zobellella taiwanensis sp. nov., denitrifying bacteria capable of fermentative metabolismYu Te Lin
Institute of Oceanography, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:1209-15. 2006..nov., with Zobellella denitrificans sp. nov. (type strain ZD1(T) = BCRC 17493(T) = JCM 13380(T)) as the type species and Zobellella taiwanensis sp. nov. (type strain ZT1(T) = BCRC 17494(T) = JCM 13381(T)) as a second species...
- The recently proposed species Aeromonas sharmana sp. nov., isolate GPTSA-6T, is not a member of the genus AeromonasAntonio J Martinez-Murcia
Molecular Diagnostics Center, Biomolecular Technologies SL, and Miguel Hernández University, Orihuela, Alicante, Spain
Int Microbiol 10:61-4. 2007..does not belong to the genus Aeromonas as known to date, although it falls within the radiation of the family Aeromonadaceae. Emendation from the List of Prokaryotic Names with Standing in Nomenclature is consequently proposed.
- Microbial diversity of intestinal contents and mucus in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)D H Kim
School of Life Sciences, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
J Appl Microbiol 102:1654-64. 2007..The aim of this study was to understand the microbial community of intestinal contents and mucosal layer in the intestine of rainbow trout by means of culture-dependent conventional and independent molecular techniques...
- Detection of the causative agent of furunculusis, Aeromonas salmonicida in salmonids of the Krka RiverD Kapetanovic
Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Division for Marine and Enviromental Research, Laboratory for Aquaculture, Bijenicka 54, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Vet Res Commun 32:131-5. 2008..Diversity analysis demonstrated that majority of the recovered bacteria were related to Aeromonadaceae group. Bacterial analysis also revealed the presence of Shigella spp. and Pseudomonas fluorescens...
- Transferable, multiple antibiotic and mercury resistance in Atlantic Canadian isolates of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida is associated with carriage of an IncA/C plasmid similar to the Salmonella enterica plasmid pSN254Douglas McIntosh
Research and Productivity Council, 921 College Hill Road, Fredericton, NB, Canada E3B 6Z9
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:1221-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine the molecular basis for multiple antibiotic and mercury resistance in Canadian isolates of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida...
- Anaerobic consumers of monosaccharides in a moderately acidic fenAlexandra Hamberger
Department of Ecological Microbiology, University of Bayreuth, 95445 Bayreuth, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3112-20. 2008..Organisms of the families Acidaminococcaceae, Aeromonadaceae, Clostridiaceae, Enterobacteriaceae, and Pseudomonadaceae and the order Actinomycetales, including hitherto ..
- [The importance of aeromonads as a human pathogen]R P Pund
Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:569-76. 2008The genus Aeromonas belongs to the family Aeromonadaceae of the order Aeromonadales and consists of 14 phenospecies and 17 genomospecies. They are gram-negative, oxidase-positive, facultatively anaerobic and glucose-fermenting rods...
- Identification of novel denitrifying bacteria Stenotrophomonas sp. ZZ15 and Oceanimonas sp. YC13 and application for removal of nitrate from industrial wastewaterLu Yu
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, People s Republic of China
Biodegradation 20:391-400. 2009..Therefore, this study provides valuable denitrifying bacteria in biotreatment of industrial wastewater and other environmental pollution caused by NO(3) (-)/NO(2) (-)...
- Zobellella denitrificans strain MW1, a newly isolated bacterium suitable for poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) production from glycerolM H A Ibrahim
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 108:214-25. 2010..To search for new bacteria for efficient production of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) from glycerol...
- Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) production from glycerol by Zobellella denitrificans MW1 via high-cell-density fed-batch fermentation and simplified solvent extractionMohammad H A Ibrahim
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:6222-31. 2009..Maximum PHB recovery (85.0% +/- 0.10% [wt/wt]) was reached after 72 h of extraction with chloroform at 30 degrees C, with a polymer purity of 98.3% +/- 1.3%...
- Pathogenic potential of Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from surface waters in Kolkata, IndiaPoulami Bhowmik
Department of Biochemistry, University of Calcutta, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata 700 019, India
J Med Microbiol 58:1549-58. 2009Members of the genus Aeromonas (family Aeromonadaceae) are medically important, Gram-negative, rod-shaped micro-organisms and are ubiquitous in aquatic environments...
- Combined solvent and water activity stresses on turgor regulation and membrane adaptation in Oceanimonas baumannii ATCC 700832Geoffrey R Brown
The School of Sciences, University of Sunderland, Sunderland SR1 3SD, UK
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 83:275-83. 2003..The ratio of saturated to unsaturated fatty acids increased significantly in all salinities compared to cultures grown with 4 mM phenol...