Summary: A genus of trematode liver flukes of the family Dicrocoeliidae which includes the species dendriticum and hospes. It occurs in the biliary passages or liver of many vertebrates including man. The intermediate hosts are mainly mollusks but occasionally ants.
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- A cross-sectional coprological survey of liver flukes in cattle and sheep from an area of the southern Italian ApenninesG Cringoli
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via Della Veterinaria 1, 80137, Napoli, Italy
Vet Parasitol 108:137-43. 2002A cross-sectional coprological survey of liver flukes (Fasciola hepatica and Dicrocoelium dendriticum) was conducted on 81 bovine farms and 197 ovine farms with animals pasturing in an area (3971 km(2)) of the southern Italian Apennines...
- Abattoir condemnation due to parasitic infections and its economic implications in the region of Trikala, GreeceG Theodoropoulos
Department of Anatomy and Physiology of Farm Animals, Faculty of Animal Science, Agricultural University of Athens, Greece
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 49:281-4. 2002..in the liver of cattle, sheep and goats were as a result of hydatid cysts and flukes of Fasciola hepatica and Dicrocoelium dendriticum, while those of swine were due to milk spots only. Moniezia sp...
- A preliminary study on dicrocoeliasis in Egypt, with a general reviewFouad M Haridy
The General Organization of Veterinary Services, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 33:85-96. 2003b>Dicrocoelium dendriticum (D. dendriticum) is a lancet-shape liver fluke that affects sheep and mammals including man...
- [Prevalence of Fasciola hepatica and Dicrocoelium dendriticum in the cow: inspection in an east Switzerland abattoir]G Schweizer
Departement für Nutztiere der Universität Zürich
Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 145:177-9. 2003..The prevalence was compared with surveys from the seventies and nineties. The average incidence of Dicrocoelium dendriticum infection did not change...
- A retrospective survey of liver fluke disease in livestock based on abattoir data in Shiraz, south of IranMaryam Ansari-Lari
Department of Food Hygiene and Public Health, School of Veterinary Medicine, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Prev Vet Med 73:93-6. 2006..47, 1.76 and 2.10% in 1999-2000 to 0.69, 0.34 and 0.25% in 2003-2004, respectively. Drought climatic conditions in conjunction with a greater awareness among farmers could be responsible factors...
- Assessment of climatic and orographic conditions on the infection by Calicophoron daubneyi and Dicrocoelium dendriticum in grazing beef cattle (NW Spain)P Diaz
Animal Pathology Department, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Epidemiology and Zoonoses, Veterinary Faculty, Santiago de Compostela University, 27002 Lugo, Spain
Vet Parasitol 149:285-9. 2007..NW Spain), in order to find out the prevalence and intensity of egg-excretion by Calicophoron daubneyi and Dicrocoelium dendriticum, and the possible influence of external factors as annual mean temperature and rainfall, altitude ..
- Contributions to and review of dicrocoeliosis, with special reference to the intermediate hosts of Dicrocoelium dendriticumM Y Manga-Gonzalez
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Estación Agrícola Experimental, Leon, Spain
Parasitology 123:S91-114. 2001An epidemiological study on dicrocoeliosis caused by Dicrocoelium dendriticum was carried out on sheep, molluscs and ants in the mountains of León province (NW Spain) between 1987-1991...
- [Human infection with Dicrocoelium dendriticum]J Rack
Institut fur Tropenmedizin, Berlin
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:2538-40. 2004..All other laboratory findings were within normal limits. Stool examinations showed eggs of Dicrocoelium dendriticum. The abdominal ultrasound was unremarkable except for mild steatosis.
- Acute urticaria associated with Dicrocoelium dendriticum infestationA Sing
Indian J Med Microbiol 26:97-8. 2008
- Human infection with Dicrocoelium dendriticum in Riyadh district (Saudi Arabia)Moshira M F Helmy
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Misr University for Science and Technology, 6th October City, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 33:139-44. 2003b>Dicrocoelium dendriticum (the lancet fluke) is less common liver parasite. Adults inhibit bile duct, while characteristic eggs pass in stools...
- Human dicrocoeliasis. Report on 208 cases from Saudi ArabiaA R el-Shiekh Mohamed
Gastroenterology Division, Armed Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Trop Geogr Med 42:1-7. 1990In 3 years, Dicrocoelium dendriticum ova were detected in 208 patients at the Armed Forces Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia during 1984-1986...
- An unusual case of biliary obstruction caused by Dicrocoelium dentriticumBerrin Karadag
Department of Internal Medicine, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 37:385-8. 2005b>Dicrocoelium dentriticum (D. dentriticum) is a liver fluke induced biliary obstruction. Infection usually occurs in herbivores such as sheep, goats and deer; human infection is very rarely encountered in clinical practice...
- The influence of flotation solution, sample dilution and the choice of McMaster slide area (volume) on the reliability of the McMaster technique in estimating the faecal egg counts of gastrointestinal strongyles and Dicrocoelium dendriticum in sheepG Cringoli
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, CREMOPAR Regione Campania, Via Della Veterinaria 1, 80137 Napoli, Italy
Vet Parasitol 123:121-31. 2004..of the McMaster technique in estimating the faecal egg counts of gastrointestinal (GI) strongyles and Dicrocoelium dendriticum in a composite sample of faeces from naturally infected sheep...
- Hepatic marker enzymes, biochemical parameters and pathological effects in lambs experimentally infected with Dicrocoelium dendriticum (Digenea)M Y Manga-Gonzalez
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Estación Agrícola Experimental, Apdo 788, 24080 Leon, Spain
Parasitol Res 93:344-55. 2004Hepatic enzymes and biochemical parameter values were analysed in the sera of 32 lambs: 12 infected with 1,000 Dicrocoelium dendriticum metacercariae, 12 with 3,000 and eight controls...
- Oxygen inhibits--even though in traces--the hatching of the eggs of the liver fluke Dicrocoelium dendriticum RKarl Eike Mitterer
Parasitol Res 102:927-9. 2008A chamber was constructed to investigate the influence of gaseous surroundings on the hatching of Dicrocoelium eggs (Fig. 1). It was found that the exclusion of even traces of oxygen is the prerequisite for successful hatching...
- Immunohistochemical study of the local immune response in lambs experimentally infected with Dicrocoelium dendriticum (Digenea)M Carmen Ferreras-Estrada
Departamento de Sanidad Animal Histología y Anatomía Patológica, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Leon, Campus Universitario de Vegazana, S N, 24071 Leon, Spain
Parasitol Res 101:547-55. 2007..cells in liver and hepatic lymph nodes (HLN) has been examined in lambs experimentally infected with Dicrocoelium dendriticum using immunohistochemical techniques. Thirty-two lambs, 12 infected with 1,000 D...
- Helminths of wild boar in the isolated population close to the northern border of its habitat areaT Jarvis
Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Estonian University of Life Sciences, Kreutzwaldi 62, 51014, Tartu, Estonia
Vet Parasitol 150:366-9. 2007..Seven helminth species, Metastrongylus pudendotectus, M. salmi, M. elongatus, Ascaris suum, Trichuris suis, Dicrocoelium dendriticum and Taenia hydatigena larva, were found...
- Dicrocoelium hospes Looss, 1907 (Digenea, Dicrocoeliidae): spermiogenesis, mature spermatozoon and ultrastructural comparative studySylvia Agostini
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Departament de Microbiologia i Parasitologia Sanitaries, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Joan XXIII, sn, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Parasitol Res 96:38-48. 2005This work describes the first ultrastructural results on spermiogenesis and on the mature spermatozoon of Dicrocoelium hospes (Trematoda, Digenea) collected in Bos indicus from Senegal (Africa)...
- Treatment of Egyptian dicrocoeliasis in man and animals with MirazidAhmed Massoud
Department of Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Al Azhar University, Nasr City, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 33:437-42. 2003..The animals were slaughtered on 5th day. Mirazid (capsule or Oleo-resin solution) was effective against dicrocoeliasis in man and animal respectively...
- Of ants and men (an antology)Andreas Sing
Max von Pettenkofer Institut fur Hygiene und Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 44:78, 145-6. 2007
- [Magrebian patient with abdominal pain]M Isabel Cabeza-Barrera
E P Hospital de Poniente, El Ejido, Almeria, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 25:213-4. 2007
- Herd-level seroprevalence of fasciolosis in cattle in north central PortugalM A P Conceição
Escola Superior Agraria de Coimbra, Instituto Politécnico de Coimbra, Bencanta, 3040 316 Coimbra, Portugal
Vet Parasitol 123:93-103. 2004..Overall mean herd prevalence in Vagos of 11, 23 and 48% was progressively found for the three studies, respectively...
- Characterization of the 28S and the second internal transcribed spacer of ribosomal DNA of Dicrocoelium dendriticum and Dicrocoelium hospesM P Maurelli
Department of Pathology and Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Via della Veterinaria, 1, 80137, Naples, Italy
Parasitol Res 101:1251-5. 2007Isolates of Dicrocoelium dendriticum (n=150) from sheep and cattle bred in southern Italy and isolates (n=5) of D. hospes from a Bos indicus from Senegal were characterized genetically...
- [Role of gastropods in epidemiology of human parasitic diseases]Z Pokora
Katedra Biologii i Parazytologii, Slaska Akademia Medyczna 40 752 Katowice, ul Medykow 18
Wiad Parazytol 47:3-24. 2001..as well as in crustaceans (pulmonary flukes of the genus Paragonimus), insects (the bipathogenic liver fluke Dicrocoelium dendriticum and other species of the family Plagiorchiidae incidentally found in man), and gastropods (flukes ..
- Rapid appraisal of human intestinal helminth infections among schoolchildren in Osh oblast, KyrgyzstanPeter Steinmann
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 207 Rui Jin Er Road, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Acta Trop 116:178-84. 2010..3%). Lower prevalences were found for Hymenolepis nana (4.4%), Fasciola hepatica (1.9%) and Dicrocoelium dendriticum (1.8%). Washing raw vegetables was a protective factor with regard to A...
- Health protocol for translocation of free-ranging elkJ L Corn
Southeastern Cooperative Wildlife Disease Study, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens 30602, USA
J Wildl Dis 37:413-26. 2001..Anaplasma ovis, Mycobacterium paratuberculosis, Pasteurella multocida serotype 3, Elaphostrongylus cervi, Dicrocoelium dendriticum, Fascioloides magna, Echinococcus granulosus, Dermacentor albipictus, and Otobius megnini as ..
- Accuracy of the Kato-Katz, adhesive tape and FLOTAC techniques for helminth diagnosis among children in KyrgyzstanAurelie Jeandron
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London, UK
Acta Trop 116:185-92. 2010..vermicularis, Hymenolepis nana and Dicrocoelium dendriticum were 54.4%, 13.3%, 11.1% and 11.1%, respectively. Infection intensities were low...
- Correlates of helminth community in the red-legged partridge (Alectoris rufa L.) in SpainC Calvete
Departamento de Patologia Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
J Parasitol 89:445-51. 2003..The survey revealed 13 species of helminth parasites. Dicrocoelium sp....
- Phylogenetic relationships of the family Campulidae (Trematoda) based on 18S rRNA sequencesM Fernandez
Department of Zoology, Natural History Museum, London, UK
Parasitology 117:383-91. 1998..and Opistorchis viverrini, plus those mentioned above, and Dicrocoelium dendriticum. The aspidogastrean L. manteri was used as the outgroup...
- Mouflon (Ovis musimon) dicrocoeliosis: effects of parasitosis on the activities of biotransformation enzymes and albendazole metabolism in liverL Skalova
Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Pharmacy, Heyrovskeho 1203, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 146:254-62. 2007..were tested and compared in non-infected mouflons (Ovis musimon) and in mouflons infected by lancet fluke (Dicrocoelium dendriticum)...
- [Hepatobiliary fascioliasis and echinococcosis/hydatidosis in domestic animals in Haiti]J Blaise
Laboratoire de parasitologie vétérinaire, Faculté d agronomie et de médecine véterinaire, Université d Etat d Haïti, Damien, Port au Prince, Haiti
Rev Sci Tech 26:741-6. 2007..7% to 22.78%). Among small ruminants, the prevalence of distomatosis is low (sheep: 3.2%, goats: 0.9%) although Dicrocoelium dendriticum is found in 1.1% of sheep. Hepatic hydatidosis is more common among pigs (5.2%) and sheep (2...
- Prevalence and significance of gastrointestinal helminths and protozoa in South American Camelids in SwitzerlandHubertus Hertzberg
Institute of Parasitology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 119:291-4. 2006..74%; Capillaria sp. 68%; Nematodirus battus 63%; Nematodirus sp. 53%; Dicrocoelium dendriticum 34%; Moniezia sp. 8%; Fasciola hepatica 5%; protostrongylids 5%; Eimeria macusaniensis 68%...
- Helminth eggs in raw and treated wastewater in the Islamic Republic of IranA H Mahvi
Department of Environmental Health Engineering, Center for Environmental Research, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
East Mediterr Health J 12:137-43. 2006..Taenia spp., Hymenolepis nana and Dicrocoelium dendriticum, while in Isfahan only A. lumbricoides, Trichostriogylus and H. nana were isolated...
- Antibody and circulating antigen profiles before and after chemotherapy in goats infected with Fasciola giganticaJ V Mbuh
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Vet Parasitol 66:171-9. 1996..Comparative immunoblotting with goat anti-Paramphistomum, anti-Dicrocoelium and anti-Fasciola sera revealed that the 14 kDa, 17 kDa, 21 kDa, 28 kDa and 30 kDa proteins are specific to F...
- Survey of hepatic and pulmonary helminths of wild cervids in Alberta, CanadaM J Pybus
Wildlife Worms, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Wildl Dis 26:453-9. 1990..Adult Dicrocoelium dendriticum were collected from liver of two wapiti, one mule deer, and one white-tailed deer from the Cypress ..
- Parasites of the digestive tract in beef cattle imported from France to ItalyL Stancampiano
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica Veterinaria e Patologia Animale, Universita di Bologna, Ozzano dell Emilia, BO Italy
Parassitologia 49:101-6. 2007..14.3%); Trichuris spp. (4.1%); Capillaria spp. (2.0%); Paramphistomum spp. (27.6%); Dicrocoelium spp. (3.0%); Moniezia spp. (8.7%)...
- IgG antibody response to ES or somatic antigens of Dicrocoelium dendriticum (Trematoda) in experimentally infected sheepC Gonzalez-Lanza
Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Estación Agrícola Experimental, Leon, Spain
Parasitol Res 86:472-9. 2000..was used to study the kinetics of IgG antibodies against excretory-secretory (ES) and somatic (So) antigens of Dicrocoelium dendriticum in the sera of 32 lambs: 12 experimentally infected with 1,000 metacercariae, 12 with 3,000 and 8 ..
- Dynamics of the elimination of Dicrocoelium dendriticum (Trematoda, Digenea) eggs in the faeces of lambs and ewes in the Porma basin (León, NW Spain)M Y Manga-Gonzalez
Unidad Estructural de Parasitología Animal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Leon, Spain
Ann Parasitol Hum Comp 66:57-61. 1991The elimination of Dicrocoelium dendriticum eggs in sheep faeces from 4 localities in the upper and middle Porma river basin was recorded at monthly intervals between March 1986 and March 1987...
- [Molecular relationship of Eurytrema coelmaticum inferred from 18S rRNA sequence]Ya dong Zheng
Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, CAAS, Lanzhou 730046, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 24:345-8. 2006..To elucidate the taxonomic position of Eurytrema coelmaticum by using molecular technology...
- [Pharmacokinetics and anti-Dicrocoelium activity of thiophanate and its major metabolite in ruminants]P Delatour
Laboratoire de biochimie INRA 54 189, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, France
Ann Rech Vet 19:119-22. 1988..At this dosage, thiophanate seems to be effective against Dicrocoelium in sheep. On the contrary, EBC is uneffective at 15 mg/kg while it seems undetectable in plasma at any time.
- Archaeoparasitology at a 17th century colonial site in NewfoundlandP D Home
Department of Pathology, York County Hospital, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
J Parasitol 82:512-5. 1996..Examination of privy contents revealed the presence of eggs of 4 parasites: Ascaris, Trichuris, Taenia, and Dicrocoelium. Their identification represents the first reported discovery of parasite remains in an archeological context ..
- The effect of transportation and confinement stress on egg production by Dicrocoelium dendriticum in sheepS T Sotiraki
Laboratory of Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Helminthol 73:337-9. 1999The effect of transportation and confinement stress on Dicrocoelium dendriticum egg production was investigated. Sheep passing a minimum of 200 eggs g-1 of faeces were selected from a naturally infected flock...
- Human infection with Dicrocoelium dendriticum in TurkeyZeynep Tas Cengiz
Department of Parasitology, Medical Faculty of Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Ann Saudi Med 30:159-61. 2010..Stool microscopy revealed numerous eggs of Dicrocoelium dendriticum...
- MadnessGerald N Callahan
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:998-1002. 2002
- The major secreted cathepsin L1 protease of the liver fluke, Fasciola hepatica: a Leu-12 to Pro-12 replacement in the nonconserved C-terminal region of the prosegment prevents complete enzyme autoactivation and allows definition of the molecular events inColin M Stack
Institute for the Biotechnology of Infectious Diseases, University of Technology Sydney, Building 4, Harris Street, Ultimo, Sydney, New South Wales 2007, Australia
J Biol Chem 282:16532-43. 2007..These studies provide a molecular insight into the regulation of FheproCL1 autocatalysis...
- A report on the prevalence of gastrointestinal parasites in yaks (Bos poephagus) in the cold desert area of North Sikkim, IndiaS Bandyopadhyay
Divison of Veterinary Parasitology, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umroi Road, Umiam, Meghalaya, 793103, India
Trop Anim Health Prod 42:119-21. 2010..Among the helminths, Haemonchus spp. infection was predominant (6.89%) followed by Nematodirus spp. (1.72%), Cooperia spp. (1.43%) and Dicrocoelium spp. (0.29%).
- Dicrocoeliiasis with signs of chronic diarrheaMohsen Mahmoodi
Department of Medical Parasitology and Mycology, Isfahan Health Researches and Training Center, Institute of Public Health Tehran University of Medical Science, Isfahan, Iran
Acta Med Iran 48:198-9. 2010..Current treatments for chronic diarrhea incloding a traial of gluten fre diet were performed but these were not effective because he was infected by Dicrocoelium dentriticum. Then he was cured with parasitic treatment.
- Ultrastructral studies on the tegument of Dicrocoelium dendriticum (Rudolphi, 1819) Looss 1899Bahija Al-Behbehani
Department of Science, College of Basic Education, Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, Adaliya, Kuwait
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 33:31-40. 2003The tegument of Dicrocoelium dendriticum was studied by scanning and transmission electron microscopy. It consists of an anucleate surface syncytium and a deeper nucleated zone. The syncytial layer covers the entire surface of the fluke...
- Serum antibodies to Dicrocoelium dendriticum in sheep from Sardinia (Italy)R Sánchez-Andrade
Departamento de Patologi a Animal, Parasitologi a y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 27071 Lugo, Spain
Prev Vet Med 57:1-5. 2003An indirect enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) with Dicrocoelium dendriticum excretory/secretory antigens was used to evaluate the presence of serum antibodies against the trematode in 738 sheep randomly chosen in Sardinia (Italy)...
- Genetic variability among Dicrocoelium dendriticum isolates from different regions in Shaanxi Province, China revealed by sequences of three mitochondrial genesGuang Hui Zhao
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province 712100, People s Republic of China
Mitochondrial DNA 24:683-8. 2013..c oxidase subunit 1 (pcox1), NADH dehydrogenase subunit 1 (pnad1) and cytochrome b (pcytb), were examined for Dicrocoelium dendriticum samples isolated from different origins in Shaanxi Province, northwestern China...
- FLOTAC for diagnosis of endo-parasites in pet squirrels in southern ItalyD d'Ovidio
Private Practitioner, Naples, Italy
Vet Parasitol 200:221-4. 2014..Helminth eggs were detected in 9 out of 50 squirrels. Specifically, eggs of Dicrocoelium dendriticum were found in 5 squirrels (C. finlaysonii, n=2; C. prevosti, n=2; T...
- The abattoir condemnation of meat because of parasitic infection, and its economic importance: results of a retrospective study in north-eastern IranH Borji
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, 9177948974, Iran
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 104:641-7. 2010..lesions observed in the condemned livers were attributed to Echinococcus granulosus, Fasciola hepatica and/or Dicrocoelium dendriticum (cattle, sheep and goats) or entirely to E. granulosus (camels)...
- In vitro oxidative metabolism of xenobiotics in the lancet fluke (Dicrocoelium dendriticum) and the effects of albendazole and albendazole sulphoxide ex vivoHana Bártíková
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Heyrovsk and x00E9 ho, Hradec Kr and x00E1 lov and x00E9, Czech Republic
Xenobiotica 40:593-601. 2010Dicrocoeliosis, a parasitic infection caused by Dicrocoelium dendriticum (lancet fluke), is often treated by the anthelmintic drug albendazole (ABZ)...
- Distinct distribution of Dicrocoelium dendriticum and D. chinensis in Iwate Prefecture, Japan, and a new final host record for D. chinensisMaiko Ohtori
Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology, Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Ueda 3 18 8, Morioka 020 8550, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 76:1415-7. 2014This study dealt with the morphological and molecular identification of Dicrocoelium flukes obtained from Japanese serow (Capricornis crispus) and sika deer (Cervus nippon centralis) in the twelve districts of Iwate Prefecture, Japan...
- Helminth infections of wild boars (Sus scrofa) in the Bursa province of TurkeyB Senlik
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Uludag University, 16059 Gorukle Campus Bursa, Turkey
J Helminthol 85:404-8. 2011..prevalence rates: Metastrongylus apri (59%), Metastrongylus salmi (52%), Metastrongylus pudendotectus (52%), Dicrocoelium dendriticum (33%), Globocephalus urosubulatus (22%), Macracanthorhynchus hirudinaceus (19%), Gongylonema ..
- Halzoun, an allergic pharyngitis syndrome in Lebanon: the trematode Dicrocoelium dendriticum as an additional causeGeorges Khalil
Medical Microbiology Department, School of Medicine, Saint Joseph University of Beirut, Lebanon
Acta Trop 125:115-8. 2013..All collected parasites were identified as Dicrocoelium dendriticum. Our study has identified D. dendriticum, rather than Linguatula serrata or F...
- Diagnosis of liver flukes in cows--a comparison of the findings in the liver, in the feces, and in the bileU Braun
Klinik für Wiederkäuer und Pferdemedizin, Universitat Zurich
Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 137:438-44. 1995..The results of this study indicate that the examination of bile is clearly a more reliable method of diagnosing liver fluke infections than microscopic examination of feces...
- The parasitic fauna of the European bison (Bison bonasus) (Linnaeus, 1758) and their impact on the conservation. Part 1. The summarising list of parasites notedGrzegorz Karbowiak
W Stefanski Institute of Parasitology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Twarda 51 55, 00 818, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Parasitol 59:363-71. 2014..bukidnonensis, E. auburnensis, E. pellita, E. brasiliensis, Babesia divergens), 4 trematodes species (Dicrocoelium dendriticum, Fasciola hepatica, Parafasciolopsis fasciolaemorpha, Paramphistomum cervi), 4 cestodes species (..
- Helminths of guineafowls in Limpopo Province, South AfricaK Junker
Department of Veterinary Tropical Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X04, Onderstepoort, 0110 South Africa
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 74:265-80. 2007..Tetrameres numida and an unidentified subulurid were recovered. A single trematode species, Dicrocoelium macrostomum, was present in the liver. Mediorhynchus gallinarum, A. gutterae, O. multiuncinata, H...
- Dicrocoelium chinensis and Dicrocoelium dendriticum (Trematoda: Digenea) are distinct lancet fluke species based on mitochondrial and nuclear ribosomal DNA sequencesGuo hua Liu
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu Province 730046, PR China
Mol Phylogenet Evol 79:325-31. 2014..second internal transcribed spacers (ITS-1 and ITS-2=ITS) of nuclear ribosomal DNA (rDNA) of two lancet flukes, Dicrocoelium chinensis and D. dendriticum...
- Zoonotic Dicrocoeliasis dendriticum in a farmer's family at Giza Governorate, EgyptAbdou Mabrouk El-Shafie
Department of Tropical Medicine, Faculity of Medicine, Al Azhar University Hospitals, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 41:327-36. 2011Dicrocoeliasis (Lancet liver fluke disease) is caused by Dicrocoelium dendriticum, a trematode living in bile ducts of sheep, cattle and other mammals including man...
- Intestinal parasites infection among immunocompromised patients in Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaWafa A I Al-Megrin
Department of Biology, Science College, Princess Nora Bint Abdul Rahman University, P O Box 25701, Riyadh 11476, Saudi Arabia
Pak J Biol Sci 13:390-4. 2010..7%), Strongyloides stercoralis 3 (2.2%), Ascaris lumbricoides 1 (0.7%), Hymenolepis nana 1 (0.7%), Dicrocoelium dendriticum 1 (0.7%) and Hook worm 1 (0.7%)...
- [A retrospective evaluation of the prevalence of intestinal parasites in Istanbul, Turkey]Fatma Koksal
İstanbul Üniversitesi Cerrahpaşa Tıp Fakültesi, Mikrobiyoloji ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji, Istanbul, Turkiye, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 34:166-71. 2010..03%. Hymenolepis nana (6), Trichuris trichiura (3), Strongyloides stercoralis (2), Fasciola hepatica (1), Dicrocoelium dendriticum (1) and Isospora belli (1) were found in small numbers...
- [Coprological diagnosis: what's new?]G Cringoli
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Settore di Parassitologia e Malattie Parassitarie, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, CREMOPAR Regione Campania
Parassitologia 46:137-9. 2004..on the reliability of the McMaster technique in estimating the egg counts of gastrointestinal strongyles and Dicrocoelium dendriticum in a composite sample of faeces from naturally infected sheep...
- Effects of experimental dicrocoeliosis on oxidative drug metabolism in hamster liverS Sanchez-Campos
Department of Physiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Leon, Spain
Comp Biochem Physiol C Pharmacol Toxicol Endocrinol 115:55-60. 1996..Studies were carried out 80 and 120 days after infestation with an oral dose of 40 metacercariae of Dicrocoelium dendriticum...
- Characterization of Dicrocoelium chinensis from domestic yaks in Gansu and Sichuan provinces, China, using genetic markers in two mitochondrial genesXing Ye Wang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province 712100, People s Republic of China
Mitochondrial DNA 24:263-6. 2013b>Dicrocoelium chinensis is commonly known as the "lancet fluke" or "small liver fluke" which lives in the bile ducts and gall bladder of domestic and wild ruminants...
- Oxidative stress and changes in liver antioxidant enzymes induced by experimental dicroceliosis in hamstersS Sanchez-Campos
Department of Physiology, University of Leon, Spain
Parasitol Res 85:468-74. 1999..Studies were carried out at 80 and 120 days after infection with an oral dose of 40 metacercariae of Dicrocoelium dendriticum...
- [Distribution of intestinal parasites in patients presenting at the environmental-food and medicine analysis laboratory of Sivas municipality during the years 1993-2006]Ahmet Duran Ataş
Yozgat Devlet Hastanesi, Mikrobiyoloji Laboratuvari, Yozgat, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 32:59-64. 2008..8%) Hymenolepis nana, 7 (1%) Ascaris lumbricoides, 2 (0.3%) Trichuris trichiura and 1 (0.1%) Dicrocoelium dentriticum. Parasites detected in cellophane tape specimens included 64 (34...
- Liver fluke infections of cattle in Mali. An abattoir survey on prevalence and geographic distributionS Tembely
Central Veterinary Laboratory, Bamako, Mali
Trop Anim Health Prod 20:117-21. 1988..abattoirs in Mali between August 1983 and November 1984 were examined for evidence of Fasciola gigantica and Dicrocoelium hospes infections. A great variation in geographic prevalence was observed...
- Morphometry on lancet flukes found in Japanese sika deer (Cervus nippon centralis) captured in Iwate Prefecture, JapanKensuke Taira
Animal Health Laboratory, School of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 68:375-7. 2006..Also the position of the maximal body-width did not always locate in the posterior part of the body of the fluke. The property was in accordance with those for Dicrocoelium chinensis.
- Intestinal parasitism in the animals of the zoological garden "Peña Escrita" (Almuñecar, Spain)G Perez Cordon
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Instituto de Biotecnologia, C Severo Ochoa, 18071 Granada, Universidad de Granada, Spain
Vet Parasitol 156:302-9. 2008..Iodamoeba butschlii, Parascaris equorum and Trichuris spp. did not vary with season and Cryptosporidium spp., Dicrocoelium dendriticum, Metastrongylus spp. and Cylicospirura spp. appeared exclusively in Artiodactyla...
- [Some biochemical parameters in sheep infected with endoparasites (Fasciola spp., Dicrocoelium dendriticum, hydatid cysts, Trichostrongylidae and Protostrongylidae)]Erol Ayaz
Uludag Universitesi, Yenişehir Ibrahim Orhan Meslek Yüksek Okulu, Bursa, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:57-61. 2007..B(12) were found to be increased significantly, while the levels of albumin, magnesium, and phosphorus were found to be decreased significantly. The other parameters analyzed were not significant statistically between the groups...
- Activity of luxabendazole against liver flukes, gastrointestinal roundworms, and lungworms in naturally infected sheepT Kassai
Department of General Zoology and Parasitology, University of Veterinary Science, Budapest, Hungary
Parasitol Res 75:14-8. 1988..0 or 12.5 mg/kg body wt removed 97.6% of the adult Fasciola hepatica and 63.2%-83.8% of the Dicrocoelium dendriticum. Luxabendazole at 7.5, 10.0, and 12...
- A retrospective study of abattoir condemnation due to parasitic infections: economic importance in Ahwaz, southwestern IranHassan Borji
Department of Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
J Parasitol 98:954-7. 2012..lesions observed in the condemned livers were attributed to Echinococcus granulosus, Fasciola hepatica, or Dicrocoelium dendriticum, or some combination of these species...
- The inability of tapeworm Hymenolepis diminuta and fluke Dicrocoelium dendriticum to metabolize praziquantelIvan Vokřál
Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Heyrovskeho 1203, CZ 50005 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 185:168-74. 2012..find and identify phase I and II metabolites of the anthelmintic praziquantel (PZQ) formed by the lancet fluke (Dicrocoelium dendriticum) and the rat tapeworm (Hymenolepis diminuta) and (2) to compare PZQ metabolites in helminths with ..
- Detection of Dicrocoelium dendriticum larval stages in mollusc and ant intermediate hosts by PCR, using mitochondrial and ribosomal internal transcribed spacer (ITS-2) sequencesA M Martínez-Ibeas
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Instituto de Ganadería de Montaña CSIC ULE, 24346 Grulleros, Leon, Spain
Parasitology 138:1916-23. 2011..chain reaction) technique using mitochondrial (mt) and ribosomal (ITS-2) DNA for the accurate identification of Dicrocoelium dendriticum in molluscs and ants, the first and second intermediate hosts, and their early detection...
- [The endoparasites of Sika deer (Cervus nippon) in Austria]Steffen Rehbein
Merial GmbH, Kathrinenhof Research Center, Rohrdorf, Deutschland
Wien Klin Wochenschr 119:96-101. 2007..two species each of cestodes (Moniezia benedeni, larval cyst of Taenia hydatigena) and trematodes (Dicrocoelium chinensis?, Fasciola hepatica) and 16 species of nematodes were identified including 14 species recovered from ..
- Human infections with Dicrocoelium dendriticum in Kyrgyzstan: the tip of the iceberg?Aurelie Jeandron
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland
J Parasitol 97:1170-2. 2011b>Dicrocoelium dendriticum is the causative agent of a rare food-borne zoonosis of the human biliary tract, dicrocoeliasis, for which few human prevalence data are available...
- [Histopathological analysis of bovine livers infested by Dicrocoelium dendriticum]L Camara
Institut de Zoologie, Neuchatel, Suisse
Vet Res 27:87-92. 1996..Of the 274 bovine livers taken from the slaughterhouse and autopsied for Dicrocoelium dendriticum infection, 191 demonstrated hepatic lesions that revealed a proliferation of bile ducts, ..
- Experimental ELISA for diagnosis of ovine dicrocoeliosis and application in a field surveyA Broglia
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Diedersdorfer Weg 1, 12277 Berlin, Germany
Parasitol Res 104:949-53. 2009Dicrocoeliosis is a parasitic disease caused by trematodes belonging to the genus Dicrocoelium. It usually produces mild symptoms, and for this reason, dicrocoeliosis often remains undetected...
- Phase I biotransformation of albendazole in lancet fluke (Dicrocoelium dendriticum)V Cvilink
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Kralove, Heyrovskeho 1203, Hradec Králové CZ 500 05, Czech Republic
Res Vet Sci 86:49-55. 2009..SO formation predominated in exvivo experiments. Sulphoreduction of ABZ.SO occurred neither invivo nor exvivo. The detection of ABZ oxidative metabolites indicates the presence of drug metabolising oxidases in lancet fluke...
- Studies on the incidence and pathogenesis of Dicrocoelium dendriticum in slaughtered sheep in Riyadh abattoir, Saudi ArabiaN I Gawish
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Tanta University
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 23:263-7. 1993The incidence of Dicrocoelium dendriticum in slaughtered sheep both local and imported was carried out in Al Riyadh abattoir. A percentage of 28 was found among condemned livers...
- Effects of strategic anthelmintic treatments on the milk production of dairy sheep naturally infected by gastrointestinal strongylesG Cringoli
Department of Pathology and Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, CREMOPAR Regione Campania, Via della Veterinaria, 1 80137 Naples, Italy
Vet Parasitol 156:340-5. 2008..sheep farms in Southern Italy whose animals were naturally infected by gastrointestinal (GI) strongyles and Dicrocoelium dendriticum. The scheme was based on two treatments timed in relationship to parturition, i.e...
- Molecular phylogeny of the families Campulidae and Nasitrematidae (Trematoda) based on mtDNA sequence comparisonM Fernandez
Departamento de Biologia Animal, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Int J Parasitol 28:767-75. 1998..Fasciola hepatica and Dicrocoelium dendriticum were used as outgroups. Maximum parsimony and neighbour-joining methods were applied...
- An optimized DNA extraction and multiplex PCR for the detection of Fasciola sp. in lymnaeid snailsY Caron
Research Unit in Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Department of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Vet Parasitol 178:93-9. 2011..The limit of detection is lower than the minimal biological infestation unit (one miracidium). DNA extracts from Paramphistomum daubneyi, Dicrocoelium lanceolatum, and Fascioloides magna did not cross react.
- Efficacy of intraruminal albendazole boluses against Dicrocoelium dendriticum in sheepJ Corba
Helminthological Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Czechoslovakia
Parasitol Res 78:640-2. 1992..ABZ) in intraruminal boluses (Proftril-Captec) was investigated in sheep harbouring naturally acquired Dicrocoelium infection...
- [The distribution of patients with intestinal parasites presenting at the parasitology laboratory of the Mustafa Kemal University medical faculty]Gulnaz Culha
Mustafa Kemal Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Hatay, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:302-4. 2006..3%) Blastocystis hominis, (18.30%) Entamoeba coli, (13.40%) Entamoeba histolytica/dispar, (1.2%) Dicrocoelium dentriticum, (%1) Ascaris lumbricoides, (%2. 8) Iodamoeba bütschlii, (%1.20) Chilomastix mesnili, (1...
- Surface analysis of Dicrocoelium dendriticum. The molecular characterization of exosomes reveals the presence of miRNAsDolores Bernal
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Valencia, C Dr Moliner, 50, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Proteomics 105:232-41. 2014With the aim of characterizing the molecules involved in the interaction of Dicrocoelium dendriticum adults and the host, we have performed proteomic analyses of the external surface of the parasite using the currently available datasets ..
- The MF6p/FhHDM-1 major antigen secreted by the trematode parasite Fasciola hepatica is a heme-binding proteinVictoria Martínez-Sernández
From the Laboratorio de Parasitología, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Biol Chem 289:1441-56. 2014..MF6p/FhHDM-1 are present in other trematodes, including Clonorchis, Opistorchis, Paragonimus, Schistosoma, and Dicrocoelium. Using UV-visible spectroscopy and immunoprecipitation techniques, we observed that synthetic MF6p/FhHDM-1 ..
- Analysis of an expressed sequence tag library from Dicrocoelium dentriticumA M Martínez-Ibeas
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Instituto de Ganadería de Montaña, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC ULE, 24346 Grulleros, Leon, Spain
Exp Parasitol 135:287-96. 2013Dicrocoeliosis caused by Dicrocoelium dendriticum is an important liver disease, which affects ruminants all around the world. Despite the significant economic losses caused by this trematode, molecular knowledge is very scarce...
- Malaria and anaemia among children in two communities of Kumasi, Ghana: a cross-sectional surveyLisa A Ronald
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, Pembroke Place, Liverpool, UK
Malar J 5:105. 2006..Secondary objectives were to compare prevalences of clinical malaria, anaemia, intestinal parasite infections, and malnutrition between these communities; and to identify potential risk factors for P. falciparum infection and anaemia...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasitic pathogens among HIV-positive individuals in IranMohammad Reza Zali
Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Jpn J Infect Dis 57:268-70. 2004..5%). Other parasites observed included Strongyloides stercoralis and Hymenolepis nana in two cases and Dicrocoelium dendriticum in one. Of the 38 patients who tested positive for intestinal parasites, 15 (39.2%) had diarrhea...
- Dicrocoeliosis of ruminants: a little known fluke diseaseDomenico Otranto
Animal Health Department of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, P O Box 7, 70010 Valenzano, Bari, Italy
Trends Parasitol 19:12-5. 2003
- Efficacy and safety of oral praziquantel against Dicrocoelium dendriticum in llamasAgnes M Dadak
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, 1210 Vienna, Austria
Vet Parasitol 197:122-5. 2013b>Dicrocoelium dendriticum can cause severe pathological changes of the liver and bile system in camelids, and therapeutic options for treatment are limited...
- A tool for diagnosis of Dicrocoelium dendriticum infection: hatching eggs and molecular identification of the miracidiumH Sandoval
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Instituto de Ganadería de Montaña, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC Universidad de León ULE, Grulleros, 24346, Leon, Spain
Parasitol Res 112:1589-95. 2013DNA primers were designed from the 18S rRNA sequence from the relevant digenean trematode Dicrocoelium dendriticum to evaluate a polymerase chain reaction-based diagnostic method of this parasite from its eggs in faeces of naturally and ..
- Social and behavioral factors associated with Clonorchis infection in one commune located in the Red River Delta of VietnamP Nontasut
Department of Helminthology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 34:269-73. 2003..9%, 78.7%, 15.9%, and 0.14% for Clonorchis sinensis, Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichiura, hookworm, and Dicrocoelium dendriticum respectively...
- [South American camelids in Switzerland. II. Reference values for blood parameters]I Hengrave Burri
Wiederkäuerklinik der Universität Bern
Schweiz Arch Tierheilkd 147:335-43. 2005..comparison of blood values with the results of fecal analysis for parasite eggs showed that an infestation with Dicrocoelium dendriticum was associated with elevated activity of two liver enzymes (GLDH and gamma-GT) in the serum...
- Development and validation of a mtDNA multiplex PCR for identification and discrimination of Calicophoron daubneyi and Fasciola hepatica in the Galba truncatula snailA M Martínez-Ibeas
Instituto de Ganadería de Montaña, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas CSIC Universidad de León ULE, 24346 Grulleros, Leon, Spain
Vet Parasitol 195:57-64. 2013..daubneyi, but not from Calicophoron calicophorum, Cotylophoron cotylophorum, Cotylophoron batycotyle or Dicrocoelium dendriticum...
- Prevalence of zoonotic intestinal parasites in domestic and stray dogs in a rural area of IranMolouk Beiromvand
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Prev Vet Med 109:162-7. 2013..19%, 15/77), Taenia/Echinococcus spp. (18%, 14/77), Sarcocystis spp. (17%, 13/77), and Dicrocoelium dendriticum (14%, 11/77)...
- [The prevalence of liver trematodes in equines in different cities of Turkey]Emel Soykan
Kara Kuvvetleri Komutanlığı, Gıda Kontrol ve Araştırma Merkezi Başkanlığı, Bursa, Turkiye
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 36:152-5. 2012..This study was carried out between March 2004- April 2005 to determine the prevalance of liver trematode infections of equids in different cities of Turkey...
- [The distribution of intestinal parasites in people admitted to the Yüzüncü Yıl University Parasitology Laboratory of Health Research and Training Hospital, in 2009]Hasan Yilmaz
Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Van, Turkiye
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 36:105-8. 2012..This study was performed to present the distribution of intestinal parasites in parients admitted to the Parasitology Laboratory of the Health Research and Training Hospital of Yüzüncü Yıl University in 2009...
- LASER-EXCITED RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY OF BIOPOLYMERSNai Teng Yu; Fiscal Year: 1991..To search for the origin of the extremely high 02 affinity of liver fluke (Dicrocoelium dendriticum) hemoglobin, we will carry out systematic resonance Raman studies to find evidence for the ..
- U.T. SOUTHWESTERN ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITMamta Jain; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..