Genomes and Genes
Summary: Species of American house dust mite, in the family PYROGLYPHIDAE.
Publications229 found, 100 shown here
- House dust mite Dermatophagoides farinae augments proinflammatory mediator productions and accessory function of alveolar macrophages: implications for allergic sensitization and inflammationChih Long Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Immunol 170:528-36. 2003In this study, we examine the effects of Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f), a major source of airborne allergens, on alveolar macrophages (AMs), and we also test its contribution to allergic responses in mice...
- A mouse model of the atopic eczema/dermatitis syndrome by repeated application of a crude extract of house-dust mite Dermatophagoides farinaeH Matsuoka
Department of Medical Zoology, Jichi Medical School, Japan
Allergy 58:139-45. 2003We cultured Dermatophagoides farinae (Df), one of the most common mites in house dust and the most important allergen among natural allergens...
- Production and proteomic characterization of pharmaceutical-grade Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae extracts for allergy vaccinesThierry Batard
Recherche et Developpement, Stallergènes, Antony, France
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 140:295-305. 2006House dust mites (HDM) such as Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae represent a major cause of type 1 allergies worldwide...
- Major house dust mite allergens Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus 1 and Dermatophagoides farinae 1 degrade and inactivate lung surfactant proteins A and DRoona Deb
MRC Immunochemistry Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:36808-19. 2007..the interaction of SP-A and SP-D with two major mite allergens, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus 1 and Dermatophagoides farinae 1, and show that the cysteine protease activity of these allergens results in the degradation of SP-A and ..
- Immunization of rabbits with nematode Ascaris lumbricoides antigens induces antibodies cross-reactive to house dust mite Dermatophagoides farinae antigensTakuya Nakazawa
Clinical Research Center for Allergy and Rheumatology, National Hospital Organization, Sagamihara National Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 77:145-50. 2013..Ascaris lumbricoides (Al) antigens induced production of antibodies cross-reactive to mite antigens from Dermatophagoides farinae (Df). Sera from Bangladeshi children showed IgE reactivity to Ascaris and mite extracts...
- Successful management of mite-allergic asthma with modified extracts of Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae in a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJosé Carlos García-Robaina
Servicio de Alergia, Hospital Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Madrid, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:1026-32. 2006..Mite sensitivity is highly prevalent in tropical and subtropical regions, such as the Canary Islands...
- Activation of mast cells is essential for development of house dust mite Dermatophagoides farinae-induced allergic airway inflammation in miceChun Keung Yu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Immunol 171:3808-15. 2003In this study, we demonstrate that Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f), a major source of airborne allergens, but not OVA, could rapidly activate mast cells in mice...
- Genetic impact of a butyrophilin-like 2 (BTNL2) gene variation on specific IgE responsiveness to Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f) in JapaneseSatoshi Konno
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Hokkaido, Japan
Allergol Int 58:29-35. 2009b>Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f) is one of the most frequently implicated allergens in several allergic diseases. Several genome-wide screens have identified a linkage between chromosome 6p21 and mite-specific IgE responsiveness...
- Administration of poly(I:C) improved dermatophagoides farinae-induced atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice by the regulation of Th1/Th2 balanceChang Hyun Kim
Dongguk University Research Institute of Biotechnology, Medical Science Research Center, Goyang 410 773, South Korea
Vaccine 30:2405-10. 2012..In this study, the immunomodulatory effects of poly(I:C), using dermatophagoides farinae (Df)-induced AD-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice, were investigated...
- Cloning, sequence analysis and expression in E. coli of the group 3 allergen of Dermatophagoides farinaeYu Bao Cui
Department of Pathogenic Biology, Yancheng Health Vocational and Technical College, Yancheng, Jiangsu 224006, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:2657-61. 2009..Identification and characterization of these mite allergen molecules are an important step in the development of new effective diagnostic procedures and possible therapeutic strategies for allergic disorders associated with dust mites...
- Sublingual immunotherapy efficacy of Dermatophagoides farinae vaccine in a murine asthma modelHai Qiong Yu
Allergy and Immunology Institute, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 152:41-8. 2010..Its effective dose and underlying mechanism are still to be explored. Here, we investigated the efficacy and mechanism of sublingually administered Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f) vaccine in a murine asthma model.
- Dermatophagoides farinae extract induces severe atopic dermatitis in NC/Nga mice, which is effectively suppressed by the administration of tacrolimus ointmentTomoyuki Oshio
Department of Biochemistry, Keio University Faculty of Pharmacy, Tokyo, Japan
Int Immunopharmacol 9:403-11. 2009..To investigate the expression pattern of chemokines in AD, a house dust mite, Dermatophagoides farinae extracts (DfE)-induced NC/Nga AD model was developed in mice, and this model was used to determine the ..
- Acaricidal activities of apiol and its derivatives from Petroselinum sativum seeds against Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, Dermatophagoides farinae, and Tyrophagus putrescentiaeHa Yun Song
Department of BioEnvironmental Chemistry, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju 561 756, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 59:7759-64. 2011..sativum seeds and its derivatives were determined using impregnated fabric disk bioassay against Dermatophagoides farinae , Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus , and Tyrophagus putrescentiae and compared with that of synthetic ..
- Bioinformatic studies on the group 2 allergens of Dermatophagoides farinae from ChinaYubao Cui
Department of Parasitology, Hainan Medical College, Chengxi Road, Haikou 571101, The People s Republic of China
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 25:199-206. 2007The present study aimed to characterize the group 2 allergens of the house dust mite Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f 2) from Hainan Island, a tropical region in Southeastern China...
- Establishment of two novel ELISA methods for Dermatophagoides farinae-specific IgE detection with recombinant group 2 allergenYubao Cui
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yancheng Health Vocational and Technical College, Jiangsu Yancheng 224006, PR China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 42:392-6. 2012b>Dermatophagoides farinae, or the American house dust mite, is a common cause of allergy and asthma. Current tests for sensitization to D...
- Cloning, bioinformatics analysis, and expression of the dust mite allergen Der f 5 of Dermatophagoides farinaeYubao Cui
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yancheng Health Vocational and Technical College, Jiangsu Yancheng, China
Braz J Med Biol Res 45:746-52. 2012..b>Dermatophagoides farinae (Hughes; Acari: Pyroglyphidae) is one of the predominant sources of dust mite allergens, which has more ..
- Limonene inhalation reduces allergic airway inflammation in Dermatophagoides farinae-treated miceRyoji Hirota
Department of Environmental Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Oko, Nankoku, Japan
Inhal Toxicol 24:373-81. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether limonene can inhibit Dermatophagoides farinae-induced airway hyperresponsiveness (AHR), eosinophilic infiltration and other histological changes in the ..
- Distribution and determinants of house dust mite allergens in Europe: the European Community Respiratory Health Survey IIJan Paul Zock
Center for Research in Environmental Epidemiology, Municipal Institute of Medical Research, Barcelona, Spain
J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:682-90. 2006..allergen levels from the house dust mite species Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and to a lesser extent Dermatophagoides farinae, but geographic comparisons of exposure levels and risk factors have been hampered by a lack of ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of major house dust mite allergensS Piboonpocanun
Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Clin Exp Allergy 36:510-6. 2006..farinae...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of Der f 7, an allergen of Dermatophagoides farinae from ChinaYu Bao Cui
Department of Pathogenic Biology, Yancheng Health Vocational and Technical College, Jiangsu Yancheng 224006, PR China
J Med Entomol 47:868-76. 2010..Bioinformatics-driven characterization of Der f 7 allergen as conducted in this study may contribute to diagnostic and therapeutic applications for dust mite allergies...
- A novel atopic dermatitis model induced by topical application with dermatophagoides farinae extract in NC/Nga miceMina Yamamoto
Discovery Research Laboratory, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Allergol Int 56:139-48. 2007..The patients with atopic dermatitis are highly sensitized with mite allergens such as Dermatophagoides farinae (Df)...
- Local nasal immunotherapy: efficacy of Dermatophagoides farinae-chitosan vaccine in murine asthmaZhigang Liu
Allergy and Immunology Institute, School of Medicine, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, PR China
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 150:221-8. 2009..In this study, we tested immunotherapeutic efficiency by intranasal administration of Der f entrapped in CS microparticles to sensitized mice...
- Oral administration of allergen extracts from Dermatophagoides farinae desensitizes specific allergen-induced inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness in ratsQiang Min Xie
Zhejiang Respiratory Drugs Research Laboratory of State Food and Drug Administration, Medical Science College of Zhejiang University, 388 Yuhangtang Rd Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province 310058, PR China
Int Immunopharmacol 8:1639-45. 2008..in allergic diseases, we investigated the effects of oral administration of allergen extracts from Dermatophagoides farinae (Derf) on allergen-induced inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness (AHR) in a model of asthmatic rat...
- Acaricidal effects of herb essential oils against Dermatophagoides farinae and D. pteronyssinus (Acari: Pyroglyphidae) and qualitative analysis of a herb Mentha pulegium(pennyroyal)In Sook Rim
College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 44:133-8. 2006..025 microliter/cm(2), 60 min. The results show that herb essential oils, in particular, pennyroyal was proved to have potent acaricidal activity...
- IgE responsiveness to Dermatophagoides farinae in West Highland white terrier dogs is associated with region on CFA35Joana Barros Roque
School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, Gatton, Queensland 4343, Australia
J Hered 102:S74-80. 2011Immunoglobulin E (IgE)-mediated hypersensitivity against environmental allergens, commonly including Dermatophagoides farinae, is associated with atopic diseases in both humans and dogs...
- Quantification of Der f 1 in houses of patients allergic to house dust mite, Dermatophagoides farinae, using a locally produced detection reagentsNitat Sookrung
Office for Research and Development, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 29:78-85. 2011..House dust mite (HDM) allergen quantification in house dust samples before and after the allergen elimination is one means of convincing the target population about the health benefits of allergen removal from their environment...
- Acaricidal activity of clove bud oil compounds against Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Acari: Pyroglyphidae)Eun Hee Kim
School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Suwon 441 744, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 51:885-9. 2003..oil-derived eugenol and its congeners (acetyleugenol, isoeugenol, and methyleugenol) against adults of Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus was examined using direct contact application and fumigation methods ..
- Detection of Dermatophagoides farinae in the dust of air conditioning filtersZhigang Liu
College of Life Science, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen, China
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 144:85-90. 2007The allergenic dust mite species Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae generally inhabit warm moist environments. This study tested the hypothesis that these allergenic species may thrive in air conditioner filters.
- Der f 2 activates phospholipase D in human T lymphocytes from Dermatophagoides farinae specific allergic individuals: involvement of protein kinase C-alphaJae Won Oh
Department of Pediatrics, Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul 133 791, Korea
Exp Mol Med 36:486-92. 2004The major house-dust mite allergen, Der f 2, stimulates the phospholipase D (PLD) in T lymphocytes from Dermatophagoides farinae specific allergic individuals...
- Cloning, expression, and analysis of the group 2 allergen from Dermatophagoides farinae from ChinaCui Yu-bao
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yancheng Health Vocational and Technical College, Jiangsu Yancheng, PR China
An Acad Bras Cienc 82:941-51. 2010To obtain the recombinant group 2 allergen product of Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f 2), the Der f 2 gene was synthesized by RT-PCR. The full-length cDNA comprised 441 nucleotides and was 99...
- p-Anisaldehyde: acaricidal component of Pimpinella anisum seed oil against the house dust mites Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinusHoi Seon Lee
Research Center for Industrial Development of Biofood Materials and Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, College of Agriculture, Chonbuk National University, Chonju, South Korea
Planta Med 70:279-81. 2004..oil-derived p-anisaldehyde and commercially available components of anise seed oil was examined against Dermatophagoides farinae and D...
- Comparison of optical rhinometry to acoustic rhinometry using nasal provocation testing with Dermatophagoides farinaeEsther J Cheung
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and Texas Sinus Institute, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 143:290-3. 2010To evaluate optical rhinometry (ORM) as an objective evaluation of nasal patency using nasal provocation testing with Dermatophagoides farinae (Df) as compared with acoustic rhinometry.
- Fumigant toxicity of cassia bark and cassia and cinnamon oil compounds to Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Acari: Pyroglyphidae)Hyun Kyung Kim
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Republic of Korea
Exp Appl Acarol 44:1-9. 2008The toxicity to adults of the American house dust mite, Dermatophagoides farinae, and the European house dust mite, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, of cassia bark and cassia and cinnamon oil compounds was examined using residual contact ..
- Toxicity of atractylon and atractylenolide III Identified in Atractylodes ovata rhizome to Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinusHyun Kyung Kim
School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 55:6027-31. 2007..activity of materials derived from rhizome of Atractylodes ovata (Atractylodes macrocephala) toward adult Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus was examined using fabric-circle residual contact and vapor-phase ..
- The effect of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin in a mouse model of allergic rhinitisSoo Whan Kim
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:720-5. 2007..To develop an allergic rhinitis model via local sensitization of mice with Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and to use the model to investigate the antiallergic effect of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG)...
- Pranlukast, a cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 antagonist, attenuates allergen-specific tumour necrosis factor alpha production and nuclear factor kappa B nuclear translocation in peripheral blood monocytes from atopic asthmaticsS Tomari
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 33:795-801. 2003..The cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 (cysLTR1) antagonists are useful for oral treatment of bronchial asthma. The underlying mechanism of cysLTR1 antagonists on inhibition of inflammatory cytokine production is yet to be determined...
- Specific immunotherapy is effective in the prevention of new sensitivitiesC M Reha
Department of Allergy, Ministry of Health, Ankara Diskapi Children s Diseases Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 35:44-51. 2007..The safety and clinical efficacy of this treatment are well documented but data on the prevention of new sensitizations remain scarce...
- Sublingual immunotherapy induces spirometric improvement associated with IL-10 production: preliminary reportsGiorgio Ciprandi
Azienda Ospedaleria Universitaria San Martino, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Int Immunopharmacol 6:1370-3. 2006..Forced expiratory flow between 25% and 75% of the vital capacity (FEF(25-75)) may be considered a good marker of early bronchial involvement in patients with pure allergic rhinitis...
- Prevalence of house dust mites and dermatophagoides group 1 antigens collected from bedding, skin and hair coat of dogs in south-west EnglandAnna P Jackson
School of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House, Langford, North Somerset, BS40 5 DU, UK
Vet Dermatol 16:32-8. 2005The house dust mites Dermatophagoides farinae (Df) and D. pteronyssinus (Dpt) are commonly implicated as allergens causing canine atopic dermatitis in the UK...
- Smooth muscle hypertrophy in distal airways of sensitized infant rhesus monkeys exposed to house dust mite allergenM U T Tran
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Cell Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1627-33. 2004..Airway smooth muscle hypertrophy is closely associated with the pathophysiology of hyper-reactive airways in allergic asthma...
- Differential effect of mattress covers on the level of Der p 1 and Der f 1 in dustZ Tempels-Pavlica
Department of Allergology, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1444-7. 2004..Mattress covers seem to be an obvious option for lowering allergen exposure in sensitized individuals. Previous studies have shown that Dermatophagoides pteronissinus was the most prevalent HDM species in the Netherlands...
- Mite and cat allergen exposure in Brazilian public transport vehiclesFernando L Pereira
Laboratory of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Biomedical Science Institute, Federal University of Uberlandia, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 93:179-84. 2004..Mites and pets are important sources of indoor allergens...
- Clinical and immunologic effects of sublingual immunotherapy in asthmatic children sensitized to mites: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyKo Huang Lue
Department of Pediatrics, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 17:408-15. 2006..The clinical usefulness of this form of immunotherapy and the mechanism underlying its immunologic effects deserve further studies...
- Endotoxin and house dust mite allergen levels on synthetic and buckwheat pillowsHae Seon Nam
Genome Research Center for Allergy and Respiratory Diseases, Soonchunhyang University, Bucheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:505-8. 2004..16 microg/g (0.02-8.13) and 1.08 microg/g (0.19-1.68) respectively. These results indicate that buckwheat pillows are a source of very high endotoxin levels that may be of relevance to asthma severity of atopic asthmatics...
- Effectiveness of education for control of house dust mites and cockroaches in Seoul, KoreaKyoung Yong Jeong
Department of Parasitology and Institute of Tropical Medicine, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul
Korean J Parasitol 44:73-9. 2006..9 mites/g on kitchen floors. The predominant mite species and house percentages infested were; Dermatophagoides farinae 93%, D. pteronyssinus 9%, and Tyrophagus putrescentiae 8%...
- Somatropin promotes dermatophagoides farinae-specific IgE generation independently of IL-4 and IL-10Takeshi Noma
Department of Pediatrics, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 22:133-42. 2004..enhancing IgE synthesis, we determined the effect of somatropin as well as IL-10 on the secretion of Dermatophagoides farinae (Df)-specific IgE by K7 cells, which originate from an EBV-immortalized cell line...
- [Indoor allergen sensitization profile in allergic patients of the allergy clinic in the University Hospital in Uberlândia, Brazil]Fernanda Aparecida Almeida Soares
Unidade de Pesquisa de Alergia e Imunologia Clínica, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 53:25-8. 2007..To evaluate allergens among patients with allergic respiratory disease attended at the Allergy Clinic of the University Hospital-Federal University of Uberlândia...
- Nuclear magnetic resonance structure-based epitope mapping and modulation of dust mite group 13 allergen as a hypoallergenSiew Leong Chan
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
J Immunol 176:4852-60. 2006..We have determined the structure of a group 13 dust mite allergen from Dermatophagoides farinae, Der f 13, using nuclear magnetic resonance...
- Efficacy of sublingual immunotherapy with high-dose mite extracts in asthma: a multi-center, double-blind, randomized, and placebo-controlled study in TaiwanChen Kuang Niu
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Taiwan, ROC
Respir Med 100:1374-83. 2006..p.) and Dermatophagoides farinae (D.f.). Patients were double blinded and randomly assigned to either a SLIT or placebo group...
- Present situation of house dust mites in Dakahlia Governorate, EgyptAtef M El-Shazly
Departments of Parasitology, Faculties of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 36:113-26. 2006..The present study revealed presence of four mites. These are Dermatophagoides farinae, D. pteronyssinus, Acheles gracilis and Ornithonyssus bacoti...
- [Desensitization of dust mite drops on antigen-specific asthmatic reaction in guinea pigs]Yun Li
Respiratory Drugs Laboratory of State Food and Drug Administration of China, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310031, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 41:641-6. 2006To establish an antigen-specific asthmatic model of guinea pig induced by protein antigen extracted from Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f), and study the desensitization of dust mite drops (DMD, extracted from Der f) in a dose progressive ..
- Relationship between serum specific IgE and allergen skin test in allergic patients of Wuhan areaZhongxi Wang
Department of Allergy, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 25:223-4. 2005..01). It was concluded that the in vitro and in vivo detection methods of allergens have a high coherence and can be used as the effective ways to diagnose the allergic diseases in clinical practice...
- Suppression of allergic response by CpG motif oligodeoxynucleotide-house-dust mite conjugate in animal model of allergic rhinitisJi Hun Mo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Rhinol 20:212-8. 2006..In this study, we investigate whether ISS-ODN/Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f) conjugate has antiallergic effects in the allergic rhinitis mouse model, sensitive to house-dust ..
- Induction of interleukin 10 by sublingual immunotherapy for house dust mites: a preliminary reportGiorgio Ciprandi
Dipartimento Regionale Testa Collo, Azienda Ospedale Università San Martino, Genoa, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 95:38-44. 2005..Interleukin 10 (IL-10) plays a crucial role in inducing allergen-specific tolerance; however, no previous studies have examined IL-10 production after sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT)...
- Outcome survey of therapy with diode laser in patients with allergic rhinitisYao Lung Tsai
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Changhua Christian Hospital, Taiwan
J Otolaryngol 34:38-40. 2005..To measure the outcome of treatment of allergic rhinitis with a diode laser in the contact mode...
- Sublingual specific immunotherapy reduces PBMC proliferationsD Fenoglio
DIMI CEBR, Universita di Genova, Genoa, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 37:147-51. 2005..Subcutaneous specific immunotherapy has been demonstrated capable of inducing T regulatory response. There is few evidence concerning immunological changes induced by sublingual immunotherapy...
- [Cloning, expression, purification and identification of Der f6 gene and its immunological characteristics from the dust house mite]Yong Feng Zhu
College of Life Sciences, Shenzhen University, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 24:241-6. 2006To construct, purify and characterize a recombinant expression plasmid containing Der f6 gene of Dermatophagoides farinae.
- Multiple-mutation at a potential ligand-binding region decreased allergenicity of a mite allergen Der f 2 without disrupting global structureTakuya Nakazawa
Atopy Allergy Research Center, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:1988-94. 2005..The sites for the triple-mutation located on the characteristically charged entrance of a cavity and corresponded to the regions critical to ligand-binding in the Niemann-Pick type 2 disease protein and MD-2...
- Indoor allergens in settled school dust: a review of findings and significant factorsD C Tranter
Indoor Air Unit, Minnesota Department of Health, St Paul, MN 55164 0975, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 35:126-36. 2005..In addition, research should further examine the relationship between allergen exposure in schools and health effects, in order to develop an accurate exposure assessment model and risk levels that are specific to the school environment...
- IL-9 production by peripheral blood mononuclear cells of atopic asthmaticsMakiko Umezu-Goto
National Hospital Organization, Sagamihara National Hospital, Clinical Research Center for Allergy and Rheumatology, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 143:76-9. 2007..IL-9 might play a critical role in pathogenesis and development of atopic asthma, but there are few reports on allergen-specific IL-9 production by peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) obtained from adult asthmatics...
- Significant improvement in symptoms, skin test, and specific bronchial reactivity after 6 months of treatment with a depigmented, polymerized extract of Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and D. farinaeA Ferrer
Servicio de Alergia Hospital Vega Baja Carretera de Orihuela, s n 03314 San Bartolomé Orihuela Alicante, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 13:244-51. 2003..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy after 3 and 6 months of treatment of a depigmented, polymerized extract of a mixture of Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and D. farinae...
- House-dust mite sublingual-swallow immunotherapy in perennial conjunctivitis: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyB Mortemousque
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital of Bordeaux Hôpital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Clin Exp Allergy 33:464-9. 2003..The safety and the efficacy of sublingual-swallow immunotherapy (SLIT) in perennial conjunctivitis caused by house dust mite were evaluated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study including 60 patients for 24 months...
- Blomia tropicalis: more than just another source of mite allergensW R Thomas
Clin Exp Allergy 33:416-8. 2003
- Sublingual-oral administration of standardized allergenic extracts: phase 1 safety and dosing resultsRobert E Esch
Research and Development, Greer Laboratories, Lenoir, North Carolina 28645, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:475-81. 2008..European studies provide a preponderance of evidence for sublingual allergen immunotherapy (SLIT) safety and efficacy, but they use allergen products that differ from those expected to be approved in the United States...
- Optimal conditions for the removal of house dust mite, dog dander, and pollen allergens using mechanical laundrySoo Young Choi
Institute of Allergy and Department of Internal Medicine, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 100:583-8. 2008..Mechanical laundry is an effective tool for the environmental control of allergens, but the optimal conditions for removing allergens are not yet clear...
- Allergen-specific conventional immunotherapy decreases immunoglobulin E-mediated basophil histamine releasabilityJ Y Shim
Department of Pediatrics, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Exp Allergy 33:52-7. 2003....
- The 3 mm skin prick test (SPT) threshold criterion is not reliable for Tyrophagus putrescentiae: the re-evaluation of SPT criterion to dust mitesB Kanceljak-Macan
Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Zagreb, Croatia
Allergy 57:1187-90. 2002..The mean wheal diameter >/= 3 mm is the usual criterion for positive skin prick test (SPT) reaction to dust mites. The study assessed the accuracy of this SPT criterion with respect to specific IgE values of above 0.35 kUA/l (+ sIgE)...
- Effect of allergen-specific immunotherapy on plasma level of platelet factor 4 (PF-4) and beta-thromboglobulin (beta-TG), platelet activation markers in patients with house dust mite allergyAlicja Kasperska-Zajac
Clinical Department of Internal Diseases, Allergology and Clinical Immunology, Medical University of Silesia, ul 3 go Maja 13 15, 41 800 Zabrze, Poland
Vaccine 25:3595-8. 2007..mite allergens with PAR during the early phase of subcutaneous SIT with house dust mite allergen extracts-Dermatophagoides farinae 50 p.c. and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus 50 p.c. (Novo-Helisen Depot, Allergopharma, Germany)...
- Identification of immunoglobulin E binding components of the two-spotted spider mite Tetranychus urticae: allergenic relationships with the citrus red mite and house-dust miteHae Sim Park
Allergy Asthma Proc 23:199-204. 2002..It is suggested that the TSM contains species-specific allergen in addition to shared allergens with CRMs and HDMs...
- Changes in inflammatory and clinical parameters and in bronchial hyperreactivity asthmatic children sensitized to house dust mites following sublingual immunotherapyMichela Silvestri
Pulmonary Department, G Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 12:52-9. 2002....
- An association between plastic mattress covers and sheepskin underbedding use in infancy and house dust mite sensitization in childhood: a prospective studyL F Trevillian
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 33:483-9. 2003..Infant bedding has been associated with the accumulation of varying levels of HDM. Prospective data on the relationship between infant bedding and the development of HDM sensitization has not been previously examined...
- [Acarofauna in the apartments of patients with perennial atopic rhinitis and functional tests of the respiratory system]Grzegorz Mincewicz
Zakład Alergologii Samodzielnego Publicznego Szpitala Klinicznego Nr 1, Akademii Medycznej w Gdansku
Pol Merkur Lekarski 14:17-20. 2003..The study was performed on 64 patients with PAR caused by allergy to HDM (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, Dermatophagoides farinae) without either symptoms of asthma or spirometry abnormalities...
- [Relationship between Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae sIgE in serum and local secretion of perennial allergic rhinitis patients]Jianjun Chen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 17:71-3. 2003To investigate the relationship between Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus(Dp) and Dermatophagoides farinae(Df) specific IgE in the serum or local secretion of perennial allergic rhinitis (PAR) patients.
- Death in anaphylaxis in a man with house dust mite allergyErik Edston
Institute of Forensic Medicine Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Linkoping, 58185, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Legal Med 117:299-301. 2003..The circumstances and the patient's history of previous attacks after going to bed point to the fact that exposure to mite contaminated food and/or exposure to mite allergens in bed might have caused his death...
- The effect of etanercept on the human cutaneous allergic responseEd Conner
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:258-60. 2008
- Skin test reactivity to aeroallergens in Jamaicans: relationship to asthmaJ Knight-Madden
Sickle Cell Unit, Tropical Medicine Research Institute, The University of the West Indies, Kingston 7, Jamaica, West Indies
West Indian Med J 55:142-7. 2006..Asthma causes significant morbidity and mortality in the developing world. It is thus important to identify modifiable risk factors...
- Quantitation of house dust mites and house dust mite allergens in the microenvironment of dogsAmy Randall
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Vet Res 64:1580-8. 2003To quantitate the density of Dermatophagoides farinae and D pteronyssinus and concentrations of house dust mite (HDM) allergens (Der f 1, Der p 1, and Group 2 allergens) in the indoor microenvironment of dogs.
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms and haplotype of MD-1 gene associated with high serum IgE phenotype with mite-sensitive allergy in Taiwanese childrenJ Y Wang
Department of Pediatrics and Institute of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Int J Immunogenet 34:407-12. 2007..study on 237 controls and 281 allergic patients sensitive to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Der p) and Dermatophagoides farinae (Der f) by genotyping 35 SNPs in MD-1 gene region...
- Comparative mites and cockroaches sensitization study in three cities of MexicoMario Cavazos Galván
Rev Alerg Mex 55:234-9. 2008....
- Contact and aeroallergens in adulthood atopic dermatitisG Pónyai
Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Dermatooncology of Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:1346-55. 2008..g. contact and aeroallergens) that may play an important role in sustaining the symptoms. The aim of the study was to search for contact allergens and aeroallergens triggering the skin disease in adult AD patients...
- Prevalence of serum IgE antibodies to the Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxins (SAE, SEB, SEC, SED, TSST-1) in patients with persistent allergic rhinitisRenato Enzo Rossi
Allergy Unit, National Health Service, Regione Piemonte, Savigliano, Italy
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 133:261-6. 2004....
- Risk of exposure to house dust pyroglyphid mites in PolandK Solarz
Department of Biology and Parasitology, Silesian Medical Academy, Medykow 18, 40 752 Katowice, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 8:11-24. 2001..Among them, Dermatophagoides farinae (DF) was predominant (approximately 67% of the total count), followed by D. pteronyssinus (DP) (17...
- Abundance of house dust mites in relation to climate in contrasting agricultural settlements in IsraelK Y Mumcuoglu
Department of Parasitology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Med Vet Entomol 13:252-8. 1999..The most prevalent species of mites were Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae, which were found in 85.6% and 71.3% of the samples, respectively. The house dust mites D...
- [Acarological faunistic and statistical analysis of dust from various compartments of human dwellings in north-western Poland]Łukasz Henszel
Katedra i Zakład Biologii i Parazytologii Medycznej, Pomorska Akademia Medyczna, al Powstancow Wielkopolskich 72, 70 111 Szczecin
Wiad Parazytol 56:51-7. 2010..The isolated dust mites belonged to the order Astigmata, families Pyroglyphidae: Dermatophagoides farinae Hughes, 1961, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Trouessart, 1987), Euroglyphus maynei (Cooreman, 1950) and ..
- [Urticaria in relation to mite sensitivity and immunotherapy with Injection dermatophagoidei farinae]Dao rong Xing
Department of Pathogen Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 26:422-7. 2008To investigate the prevalence of mite sensitivity in patients with urticaria or other skin rashes, and to observe the clinical efficacy of a specific immunotherapy (SIT) by the Injection dermatophagoides farinae for the patients.
- Clinical course of cow's milk protein allergy/intolerance and atopic diseases in childhoodArne Høst
Department of Pediatrics, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 13:23-8. 2002..a panel of inhalant allergens (birch, grass, mugwort, dog, cat, horse, Dermatophagoidespteronyssinus, Dermatophagoides farinae, alternaria and cladosporium herbarum)...
- A multicentre study assessing the prevalence of sensitizations in patients with asthma and/or rhinitis in ChinaJ Li
State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Allergy 64:1083-92. 2009..The prevalence of sensitization in patients with asthma and rhinitis in mainland China remains unclear...
- Aero-allergens in canine atopic dermatitis in southeastern Australia based on 1000 intradermal skin testsR S Mueller
Animal Skin and Allergy Clinic, Mount Waverley, Victoria
Aust Vet J 78:392-9. 2000..To determine the most relevant aero-allergens involved in canine atopic dermatitis in southeastern Australia and provide information about these aero-allergens to the general practitioner...
- Some immunological aspects of patients with rhinitis in LebanonAlexander M Abdelnoor
Department of Microbiology Immunlogy, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 24:289-301. 2002..Hitherto immunological determinates in Lebanese patients with rhinitis have not been investigated...
- Immunophenotyping of the cutaneous cellular infiltrate after atopy patch testing in cats with atopic dermatitisP J Roosje
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 8, 3584 CM Utrecht, The Netherlands
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 101:143-51. 2004..for the APT were selected from positive intradermal test and /or prick test results and consisted of: Dermatophagoides farinae, D. pteronyssinus, Tyrophagus putrescentiae, and a grass pollen mixture...
- Influence of environmental characteristics and climatic factors on mites in the dust of air-conditioner filtersJ Wu
The State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease, Guangzhou Medical College, China
Indoor Air 19:474-81. 2009..Tarsonemus granarius was the most dominant species (87.2%). Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae only represented 7.0 and 3.0% of total mites, respectively...
- Contact and fumigant toxicity of cinnamaldehyde and cinnamic acid and related compounds to Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Acari: Pyroglyphidae)Zhangqian Wang
Department of Plant Protection, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, Hubei, P R China
J Med Entomol 48:366-71. 2011..Toxicities of (E)-cinnamaldehyde and (E)-cinnamic acid and their 41 structurally related compounds to adult Dermatophagoides farinae Hughes and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus Trouessart (Acari: Pyroglyphidae) were examined using fabric-..
- Analysis of expression and amino acid sequence of the allergen Mag 3 in two species of house dust mites-Dermatophagoides farinae and D. pteronyssinus (Acari: Astigmata: Pyroglyphidae)Marek Asman
Department of Parasitology, Medical University of Silesia, Jednosci 8, Sosnowiec, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 17:45-8. 2010..However, the second allergen has been identified to date only in extracts of Dermatophagoides farinae [DF ]...
- Atopy patch test reactions to house dust mites in patients with scabiesOktay Taskapan
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasa Teaching Hospital, Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Derm Venereol 85:123-5. 2005..performed atopy patch tests with house dust mite antigens (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (Dp) and/or Dermatophagoides farinae (Df)) in scabies patients without atopy and healthy controls...
- Allergenic materials in the house dust of allergy clinic patientsC Barnes
Section of Allergy Immunology, The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 86:517-23. 2001..Comparisons are made between household allergen levels of children seen for asthma and children seen for other reasons...
- Effect of topical vapocoolant spray on skin test wheal, flare, and pain responsesKirk H Waibel
Allergy and Immunology Service, Department of Medicine, Dwight D Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia, 30905 5650, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 95:149-53. 2005..Skin puncture and intradermal tests are commonly used to evaluate allergic rhinitis. Ethyl chloride, a topical vapocoolant spray, provides skin analgesia before venipuncture, but it has not been studied with allergy skin testing...
- Sensitization to non-pyroglyphid mites in urban population of CroatiaB Kanceljak-Macan
Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health, Ksaverska cesta 2, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 41:54-7. 2000Determination of prevalence of sensitization to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus, Dermatophagoides farinae (pyroglyphid mites), Lepidoglyphus destructor, and Tyrophagus putrescentiae (non-pyroglyphid mites) in urban continental Croatia.
- Acaricidal activity of constituents identified in Foeniculum vulgare fruit oil against Dermatophagoides spp. (Acari: Pyroglyphidae)Hoi Seon Lee
Faculty of Biotechnology and Research Center for Industrial Development of Biofood Materials, Chonbuk National University, Chonju 561 756, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 52:2887-9. 2004Acaricidal activities of components derived from Foeniculum vulgare fruit oil against Dermatophagoides farinae and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus were examined using direct contact application and compared with that of the commercial ..
- Detection of IgE reactivity to fungus antigens by immunoblotting in allergic diseases in childrenRen Bin Tang
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 66:453-9. 2003..Fungi are well-known as sources for allergens that cause allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma. The aim of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of sensitization to airborne fungi in allergic diseases in children...
- Different phenotypes of intermittent and persistent respiratory allergy in Zagreb, CroatiaSanja Popovic-Grle
University Hospital for Lung Diseases Jordanovac, Jordanovac 104, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Ann Agric Environ Med 16:137-42. 2009..Ambrosia elatior) and 103 with PAR sensitized to house dust mites (Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae)...
- Acaroid mite, intestinal and urinary acariasisChao pin Li
Department of Etiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Anhui University of Science and Technology, Huainan 232001, Anhui Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:874-7. 2003..To investigate epidemiology and pathogenic mite species of intestinal and urinary acariasis in individuals with different occupations...
- Group V sPLA2 in alternative activation of macrophages and pulmonary inflammationBarbara Balestrieri; Fiscal Year: 2013..inflammation that has many features of human asthma and is induced by an extract of the house dust mite Dermatophagoides farinae (Df)...
- CysLT and P2Y Receptors in Lung InflammationJoshua A Boyce; Fiscal Year: 2013..of pulmonary inflammation induced by the intranasal administration of an extract (Df) from the HDM Dermatophagoides farinae. Repetitive intranasal administration of low doses of an extract (Df) from the HDM to C57BL/6 or BALB/c ..
- Modulation of Dectin-2 as a Therapeutic Approach to Dust Mite-Elicited AsthmaYoshihide Kanaoka; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mannose-rich glycans in extracts of the house dust mite, Dermatophagoides farinae (Df), activate the dendritic cell (DC)-specific C-type lectin receptor, Dectin-2, to generate cysteinyl ..
- Role of Eotaxin-3/CCL26 in Allergic AsthmaLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..The identification of chemokines that promote allergic asthma is an important step in the future development of therapeutics to target specific molecules within the airways. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epidemiology of Regulatory T Cells in Pregnancy and Childhood Atopic DiseasesGanesa Wegienka; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Early Immune Events in Childhood AsthmaLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Impact of Violence on Obesity & Reproductive Axes in YouthRosalind J Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, salivary cortisol rhythms will be examined in relation to history of violence exposure and as a mediator between violence exposure and the proposed outcomes in a subsample (n=1200). ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL LUNG TOXICOLOGY & THE IMMATURE CLARA CELLCharles Plopper; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will further our understanding of the basic molecular mechanisms by which environmental insults are involved in the origins of lung diseases that begin in childhood. ..
- Endotoxin Exposure Alters-Anti-Tetanus IgE in InfantsDennis Ownby; Fiscal Year: 2009..The closer temporal relationship should produce a clearer understanding of role of early environmental exposures on the development of allergic disease. ..
- Ab Alphavirus Replicon Vaccine against CytomegalovirusRobert Esch; Fiscal Year: 2005..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: An effective CMV vaccine will prevent mental retardation and hearing loss associated with congenital CMV disease, thereby addressing an important unmet public health problem. ..
- MULTI-LEVEL ANALYSIS OF URBAN CHILDHOOD ASTHMA RISKRosalind Wright; Fiscal Year: 2004..An additional feature of the proposal is the opportunity to involve under represented minority students (predoctoral and summer interns) from two NIH-funded grants whose principal investigator is a co-investigator on this proposal. ..
- CHRONIC LIFE STRESS AND INCIDENT ASTHMA IN ADULT WOMENRosalind Wright; Fiscal Year: 2003..To our knowledge, this would be the first large-scale (N=64,000) longitudinal study of the association between a specific chronic life stressor (i.e., violence) and the incidence of asthma in adult women. ..
- Antibiotics in Infancy-Risk Factor for Childhood AsthmaDennis Ownby; Fiscal Year: 2002..This new analysis will allow a much more rigorous examination of the possible relationship between early antibiotic use and asthma in a population of American children. ..
- Language, Literacy, Culture: Communication of Health ConceptsDOUGLAS BRUGGE; Fiscal Year: 2006....